[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1533438345034.jpg (49 KB, 570x580)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
What are some things you hate about being DM?
>When someone's rule lawyer before I've had my coffee
>>
>>61353577
I feel like this mug should be transparent.
>>
>>61353577
>when you aren't creative or fun to be around so all you can do to kill time is shitpost on a Panamanian wife-swapping BBS
>>
File: 1532604794959.png (1.26 MB, 1440x1421)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>61353590
*tap tap tap*
Shhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>61353577
>>61353612
I dont understand this meme and for some reason feel like it's some of /pol/'s weird insecurity about ingesting anything that could possibly construe them as weak, or something. With the basedshit it at least made sense because hippies and vegand and faggots and whatnot, but coffee is about as neutral and ubiquitous as you could possibly get in cultural associations to a food or drink.
I think I'm just getting too old for this place.
>>
>>61356286
being a fucking massive faggot about drinking coffee and how it's the first thing you do in a day, and that you can't be interrupted or do anything else before it if a normalfag meme for years
>>
>>61356601
Are we so fucking desperate for memes we're paying attention to middle aged housewives for material now? Christ, that's even more pathetic than the Facebook moms posting the memes being memed on with this meme.
>>
>>61353577
I could get one of those ironically. I one-shot my coffee.
>>
>>61356286
>for some reason feel like it's some of /pol/'s weird insecurity about ingesting anything that could possibly construe them as weak
Its more about people using the old, stale and retarded "lel don't talk to me until I've had my coffee" or "I cannot live without coffee" jokes that have been old for at least 30 years.
>>
>>61356744
I used to drink black because I saw Twin Peaks for the first time working my first kitchen job where coffee was free.

Now that I do one milk one stevia I just fucking gulp that shit.
>>
>>61356770
Why here, why now? I don't get it. It's like, okay, if all we gotta do for a meme is post middle aged housewife shit, where re the Eat Pray Love pepes and wojaks?
>>
I haven't had coffee in years, I just drink tea now.
>>
>Drinking anything besides pure water
>>
>>61353577
I really dislike when one of the players wants to "win" at the game. Not at any one single challenge, or succeed at their goals in the current campaign. Rather, those people who want to be better (at everything) than every other character (even NPC's like gods and demons), every other player (including people who might not even be with us in person, as in YouTubers), even better than the designers (complaining constantly their character could be more powerful if we all would just tweak some rules in their favor). Basically, people who want to Mary Sue so hard that they will be unsatisfied unless I and every single one of the rest of players agree to suck their dick and let their character embark on an hour-long masturbatory session in which their character scams Satan, beats up Cthulhu, re-writes the laws of the universe so evil, despair, suffering, etc. are no longer possible and their character was the coolest dude ever, the end.

Other than that, it is kind of boring for me to research city maps for my WoD campaigns.
>>
>>61356827
Coffee is for drinking black and hot as possible with a big fucking breakfast.
Tea is for adding milk and honey and chilling out and watching a movie or reading or doing some housework.
>>
>>61356809
Thanks for the idea
>>
>>61356873
I prefer espresso shot drinks
>>
>>61356850
>The water where I live is so full of dissolved minerals that my drinking cup has hard water buildup
>Buy bottled water
>Now have like 4 bottles of water on my desk at any one time unless I clear my desk multiple times a day
I just want to live in a first world country
>>
>>61356873
I don't put milk or sugar or honey in my tea anymore.
rip fun
>>
>>61356915
First worlder here, not much better. Less hard water build up, more industrial waste and carcinogens in the water.
>>
>>61356915
Honestly most places in the US the water tastes like shit too
I have to buy bottled water basically anytime I leave my state because the tap tastes like trash.
I can't imagine how bad it must be in a third world shithole
>>
>>61356946
The US doesn't count as first world anymore, I'm sorry Anon.

My tap water's perfectly fine, I just really don't like the taste.
>>
>>61356957
not him, but here it tastes like chlorine
>>
File: 1528824128562.gif (1.91 MB, 500x500)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB GIF
>>61353577
When people don't show up for our groups one weekly session. Now I usually don't mind too much cause they're my friends or at least friends of friends, but when it happens and you lie about why you didn't show up and I find out about it from another friend, it drives me up the fucking wall.
>>
>>61356973
I mean... I'm in the south so it's really hit or miss. Outside of the bigger cities it's a shitshow.
>>
File: 1a84b261.jpg (65 KB, 576x960)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>61353577
>When you open a bottle of Rosé you've been chilling for like four hours and your stupid friends say it's too early in the day
It's 5 o'clock SOMEWHERE, assholes...
>>
>>61357007
This. As a player it irritates the shit out of me too. If you can't show up, then just tell people ahead of time. That said, changing game day on short notice irks the hell out of me too.
>>
>>61356938
Just a splash. Like, a teaspoon of each, if that.
>>
>>61357016
>rosé
>5 o'clock
Nonsense, you can start on rosé as early as lunch.
>>
File: Magic the Cathering.webm (759 KB, 640x480)
759 KB
759 KB WEBM
on topic
>>
File: 1523233093016.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>61357032
>If you can't show up, then just tell people ahead of time.
This is a basic thing everyone should do, just common courtesy. Some DM's can manage some one-shot to interest the rest of the party that can show up or they can merely continue the campaign as normal without that player for the session.

My biggest issue is for when they say they were busy with something or forgot cause they got some hangover the day before or some other stuff, when in reality they just didn't feel like showing up and decided to play some vidya or get drunk with other friends the day of the session.
>>
>>61356601
b-but what about /pol/?
we have to bring it up all the time, you know this.
>>
>>61357170
It really is a common courtesy thing, I agree. Honestly, if you're getting too hammered the night before to play, or you're not showing up because you don't feel like it, or any of a dozen reasons that scream your disinterest, then just don't play in the first place.
>>
>>61357057
I argue it's fine to start even earlier than that but my "FRIENDS" are fun-hating NAZI'S
>>
How many is too many?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGtKGX8B9hU
>>
>>61357317
Oh yeah, alcohol in general is a go starting about half past eleven in the morning.
>>
File: 1517766894211.png (80 KB, 686x686)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>61357241
Fucking this. I get that it's just for a game, and a silly elfgame where you pretend to be a girl wizard or whatever, but you're agreeing to be at a certain place at a certain time. If you can't even pull that off, then don't fucking bother, and don't get anyone else's hopes up. Do the entire hobby a service and don't join any new games. Just go drink and play video games and watch TV so the rest of us can show up on time and be where we say we will be in a timely manner, you unreliable cunts.
>>
File: 1533678118565.jpg (32 KB, 646x595)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>61357346
>just after 11am
F-five o'clock somewhere...
>>
>>61357426
You don't drink before 11am, do you, Anon?
>>
>>61353577
Hi /out/
>>
Anyone got that office Fresco?
>>
>>61357440
Of course, 11 am is no time to be drinking yet.
It's time to be drinking still.
>>
File: 1353238655446.jpg (57 KB, 550x569)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>61356957
>tfw you live in Scotland
Best tap water in the world, it's what I miss most when on holiday.
>>
File: 1532131913948.png (5 KB, 320x240)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>61357470
>>
>>61357440
Haha, of course not
>>
>>61356286
Reminds me of bitchy Cali girls and hipster types.
>>
>>61356873
>honey
>sweet tea
How can that not be soi'd to high heaven?
>>
File: 1524274097878.jpg (31 KB, 550x512)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>61357529
>born and raised in God's own country
>drink tap water 24/7
>move to Newcastle for uni
>tap water tastes funny
>>
>>61357662
My condolences, I think I'll go have some just now and I'll pour one out for you Anon.
>>
>>61357573
Na its the other one and it has a pepe with said mug in the pic
>>
>>61357749
Oh how I long for the nectar of the moorland reservoirs which once nourished me so
Enjoy every drop my dude, savour it, resent it's absence
>>
>>61356286
Why do you instantly jump to /pol/ associations with this? Why are so many of you on this board so completely obsessed with /pol/?
>>
>>61353577
One player I have that has basically makes it impossible to play any D&D content.
>whines about 5e because he can't make hyper-optimized characters
>can't play 3.PF because he will whine and plead for the DM to allow him to use 3rd party content to create monstrous fucking characters with AC, HP, and damage per round far beyond the scope of the rest of the party
>isn't inerested in any OSR content because it's old
>so fucking obsessed with having absolute control over combat and if you ask him to tone it down so he's not completely eclipsing the rest of the party he will act like your persecuting him and try to justify it because the DM allows fullcasters to exist and not letting him have two or three times the AC of the rest of the party is unfair.
>>
>>61356286
>I think I'm just getting too old for this place.
I think you're just extremely paranoid and have a massive stick up your ass.
>>
>>61353577
One player I have that has basically makes it impossible to play any D&D content.
>whines about 5e because he can't make hyper-optimized characters
>can't play 3.PF because he will whine and plead for the DM to allow him to use 3rd party content to create monstrous fucking characters with AC, HP, and damage per round far beyond the scope of the rest of the party
>isn't inerested in any OSR content because it's old
>so fucking obsessed with having absolute control over combat and if you ask him to tone it down so he's not completely eclipsing the rest of the party he will act like your persecuting him and try to justify it because the DM allows fullcasters to exist and not letting him have two or three times the AC of the rest of the party is unfair.
>>
>>61357375
I don't know what makes that such a difficult concept. Now, I get people who work really strange schedules, and can't consistently make games. I can work around that and still give you time in-game to do whatever you want. Just show up when you're supposed to and play the damn game.
>>
>>61353577
I love my players, but when they ask me to make a relaxed game with little combat, then show up with hyper-optimized combat death machines with dead parents, no friends, and a distinct quip-heavy talking style.
>>
>>61356809
>where re the Eat Pray Love pepes and wojaks?
>Pepe eating Wojack alive
>midway through he remembers he should have said grace and bows his head, knits his fingers and rams his elbows into the screaming Wojack's gut
>after that he's feeling rather randy so he rapes Wojack
if only I knew how to use mspaint
>>
>>61356809
Trump made a coffee tweet once. If I remember correctly he misspelled coffee so people jumped onto it on both sides
>>
>>61353577
drink bleach
>>
File: 1522064846766.png (176 KB, 550x512)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>61356286
I've recently given up caffeine.

You think you don't have an addiction because you just drink a few cups a day, but a few days in I felt like shit, constant headaches and tiredness and a strange emptiness inside.
>>
>>61357154
is that coffee?
can someone explain to me whats going on here and source please?
>>
>>61353577
There is always one fuckstupid player. I'm not talking about someone not getting my super puzzle. I'm talking about people not understanding why the relatives of a murder victim would be mad at the PC who murdered him. And while usually the rest of the party can exert some control over el idioto, just dealing with them is wearing.
>>
>>61357879
Mostly due to how pepes became common on /tg/ only when there was a massive influx of political assholes.
So now it's got that permanent taint of knowing anybody who uses these memes showed up during the political newfag invasion.
>>
>>61357440
So, scotch?
>>
>>61360068
it's turkish coffee, the coffee grounds themselves can be from anywhere it's that they're ground really finely. For even heating, sand is used as you want the coffee to be *almost* but not quite at a boil, and stirred constantly to get a foam. The little metal graduated cylinders are called Cezve in some parts of the world.
>>
File: 1532044147407.png (12 KB, 387x290)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>61357770
>>
>>61360754
That's not it :/
>>
>>61360212
very interesting, thanks
>>
>>61358313
>players want a subtle detective mystery game game
>they show up with hyper combat death machines
>react to every lead by murdering the first person that clue leads to
>get lost and confused if a lead doesnt lead to something to murder
>they get bored if this happens to much
>whine the next time I make a grindy murderfest because that's all they fucking know how to play

AAAAAAAAAAAAHH
Im glad I dropped that group, they were such a fucking pain to deal with every week
>>
>>61353577
Whenever we get to the end of some plot event (such as an important fight, a resolved mystery, etc), and I do some narration to tie the scene up, the players will then just sit there in silence looking at each other for minutes on end.

like... holy fuck. are literally none of you motivated to do anything whatsoever? It takes an ungodly amount of prodding to get one of them to finally say

>ok I guess we head out towards [one of the locations of interest I just supplied] or something

I can't tell if I'm absolute shit at making an engaging setting/story, or if they're all just hopelessly unmotivated to have any adventure whatsoever.

Yet they show up session after session, and seem to be pleased when we wrap up.
>>
File: shhhh.png (68 KB, 935x322)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>61356286
Not so long ago some /fit/izen allegedly broke the cup of a coworker during a meeting because said coworker applied that kind of logic.
This might be related.
>>
>>61356286
>I think I'm just getting too old for this place.

No, you were always too fucking dumb for this place.
>>
File: 1449446811136.jpg (95 KB, 960x960)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>61356915
>tfw you live in the Netherlands
>>
>>61356957
The US literally just poisoned a city with its tap water a few years ago and said they couldn’t fix it until at least 2020.
>>
>>61356915
Hard water is great for brewing
>>
File: 1533844273959.png (529 KB, 858x786)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
>>
>>61359077
I already felt empty before I started drinking coffee
>>
>>61353592
I don't even understand why people try to force this kind of meme on /tg/.
>>
>When you warn a player that he's a cop and shooting a surrendered perp has consequences.
>Player blows out brains of perp
>Later other police show up and realize what happened
>Players in prison.
>WTFWhyDidn'tYouStopMe.lolstupidretard
>WTFRageQuit.meme
>>
File: 1442115903205.jpg (11 KB, 287x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>party never stops complaining about how they are just sideline characters to the paladin of the party
>feel like i am fucking up, talk to the player about it and try to work shit in which fits their characters
>player who was pretty unanimously the party face starts playing a temp character during a side mission
>he is attempting to be more of a side character to let the other players take the spotlight in the areas specifically made for them
>it quickly becomes apparent that they are all at the very least multitasking if not outright not paying attention
>put a lot of work into worldbuilding this other guy's character, he comes with some really base stuff without much depth and i do my best to put it into the world and give him some interesting plot hooks and shit
>when it comes time for him to in character explain this it becomes very clear that he didn't read the shit i sent him previously
>this same guy is always really transparently not paying attention, and never reads the group chat so he is constantly unaware of meeting times or telling us he is busy a day beforehand
>other player tells npc they are looking for a guy in the castle, asks this guy to elaborate as I gave him all the plot hooks
>"we are looking for a guy in the castle"
>silence
>after about an hour and a half of waffling around with three people barely conscious the guy who had been keeping quiet to let them take over starts talking again

why the fuck do I put so much effort into this shit, it is so fucking horrible. i have a plot twist ive been foreshadowing and hinting at which i was worried they would immediately see through, but i think they are paying so little attention that the whole thing is going to flop.
>>
>>61370393
Tell them it's clear there was a reason they were sideline characters, and if they didn't want to be there, they can go.

If my players were paying this little attention, they would've stepped on a landmine and TPKed themselves.
>>
>>61364592
> PROMOTIONS
>>
>>61356286
Because it's bizarre and romanticism for an addition. You don't see shot glasses with "let daddy have his smack before you get a slap" on them.
>>
>>61371075
>You don't see shot glasses with "let daddy have his smack before you get a slap" on them.
Why not?
>>
>>61371408
Shit you're right that would be amazing.
>>
>>61357016
>Get off from work at three
>Get home and have a drink
>Wow anon you are already drinking
Fuck you, I got up at 6 am.
>>
>>61356957
>Honestly most places in the US the water tastes like shit too
Most of the US is essentially a third world hellhole.
>>
>>61366973
>I don't even understand why people make jokes about things they think are humorous
It's alright anon, you were to intelligent to need interaction with other humans.
>>
>>61353577
The anticipation and anxiety right up before each session actually begins. Then I'm all business.
>>
File: Pervert._3.jpg (922 KB, 1200x1958)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
>>61357879
>Why do you instantly jump to /pol/ associations with this? Why are so many of you on this board so completely obsessed with /pol/?
People who've been here since before the 2016 US election are aware of how shitty the board, and 4chan in general, became immediately after the number of posters quadrupled. Hard to believe, but you could look through the entire catalog without seeing a single frogpost.
>>
>>61356286
>/pol/ invented a meme that came from /ck/
based paranoia
>>
File: no longer flavortown.png (91 KB, 240x255)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>61353577
>when the wizard player comes and stinks up the whole table
>>
File: 1506898322450.jpg (237 KB, 750x785)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
I Have a player who is always talking about running a different game and if we would play.

I FUCKING hate when people bring up running other games when I have spent hours preparing to run one for this group. If you want to fucking run a game, go do it. Just don't bring it up when we are playing MY game.

Also backseat DMing, HOLY FUCK it grinds my gears. Don't ad-lib, don't tell the other players what happens, don't tell me that something should be acrobatics check and not athletics just because you have proficiency in Dex. Fucking stop playing songs on your phone to "add atmosphere" when half the time its fucking JRPG shit. Just shut the fuck up and play the game, Michael.
>>
>>61371884
>not ganging up on the wizard when they get close to combat
>>
I proudly drink ice mocha mocha lattes from biggby's here in michigan and i don't give a god diddly damn what you faggots think
>>
>>61371871
I remember when you literally sometimes got over half a elf slave wat do threads. Frogposting is inoffensive in comparison. Also, it porbably has more to do with meme progression/decay rather than demographic changes
>>
>>61356957
I drink bottled water too, the water from tap is almost undrinkable.
>>
>>61371871
Who fixed this image?
>>61371926
That happened to me. I had this player who kept trying to recruit for other games or asking for tips during games....

Also, this person was like... Their application to join was their FList, I let them join because I was hoping it would result in something funny. It didn't.
>>
>>61371990
>sometimes got over half a elf slave wat do threads
What?
>>
>>61356946
am a burger and have some of the best tap water in the world. It all depends on where you live it seems.
>>
>>61372234
>Who fixed this image?
Looks like the original to me.

>>61372248
>What?
I suspect that they're saying half the catalog was "Was do?" threads, implying that was worse.
Shitposting threads have always been here.
But there have been changes.

>>61372256
>am a burger and have some of the best tap water in the world. It all depends on where you live it seems.
Yep.
Almost like the United States isn't one homogeneous slag or something.
>>
>>61372374
>"Was do?"
Fuck me sideways.
You know what I meant.
>>
>>61372234
>>61372374
Of course, what else would be going on there?
>>
>>61372374
The original involves rape. Who the fuck is Shoobase?
>>
>>61372413
I mean, I actually saw that comic on the artist's site.
I remember it because it was one of the ones with a punchline or a point.
>>
>>61372413
>>61372424
>>61372637
>Shoobase
Fine.
You deserve this.
Don't blame me if you look at the other comics.
http://www.shadbase.com/bbcitter/
>>
File: Spoiler Image (163 KB, 1389x2048)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>61372716
It's too late, mom, I have seen everything.
>>
I have a player who refuses to create a character till he knows what classes everyone else is so they can pick up the slack (if no healer they play the healer for example)
They then proceed to bitch nonstop about how much they hate the class they have, despite always being the first or second person i invite to play games with.
>>
>>61372248
half a dozen, sorry
>>
>>61372770
>I have seen everything.
If true, I wasn't talking to you.
If not, then you have no idea.

>mom
Shush Violet. It's rude to talk with your mouth full.
>>
>>61356915
I've been drinking distilled water for over a year now.
The people who say it kills you are lying.
>>
>>61357879
Profiling. The majority of shitposts are made by /pol/fags, so people assume that any shitpost is /pol/faggotry
>>
>>61353577
One of the guys in my group who was like the "original DM" for us is crummy to deal with as a player. He's great at running the game but as soon as he's the player he starts complaining about every bad roll or passive aggressively challenging the DM or commenting on other players' actions when it's not what he wants.

He's playing a wizard in our current game and expects every combat for the other players to delay their actions until he casts his spells because he knows best. It's making the other players feel like they have to take a backseat to his wishes and as the DM I have to go out of my way to start talking over him and directly ask the other players what THEY want to do instead of having them negotiate their actions with the problem player.
>>
>>61374023
I see far more people raging about who they think are "/pol/fags" than I do actual people from /pol/.
>>
>>61356915
Still have hard water here in the first world. Enjoy the minerals.
>>
Coffee is the drink of intellectuals!
>>
>>61353577
The fear that the session I'm going to run is going to be shit
>>
>>61366979
"DAMN IT ANON, YOU ARE A LOSE CANON AND DAMN YOU NEVER GET ANY RESULTS"
>>
>>61374324
Why?
>>61374403
?
>>
>>61374528
>not getting lose cannon
Did you not have a childhood, anon?
>>
>>61356286
It's because all /pol/ can do is spam shit memes.

That's it.

Their only response to your complaints are, in fact, more shit memes.

They also get confused why you call them /pol/, despite being universally political immigrants.
>>
>>61357879
Because before the political invasion, we didn't have any of these spammed off board memes.
>>
>>61374741
Loose?
>>
>>61373678
There are people who say that DISTILLED water kills you?
Do they also think plant leaves give off tainted oxygen?
>>
>>61374741
in his defense I forgot the second o
>>
>>61374840
second n too
>>
File: [DOUBT]_1.png (254 KB, 279x452)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>61356286
>/pol/ is the reason we have stupid coffee memes

I just can't take you people seriously anymore.
>>
>>61374967
I thought dumb memes were from /b/?
>>
>>61374967
>>/pol/ is the reason we have stupid covfefe memes
actually, yes
>>
>>61374989
same shit different pile
>>
>>61374967
They came with the political immigrants, so they get called /pol/.

Just like how someone spamming futa, even if they didn't come from /d/, is /d/.
>>
>>61375021
in retrospective, the futaposting perhaps wasn't so bad
>>
>>61353577
Aren't lawyers people who don't care about the rules and only about their side getting off?
>>
>>61375144
It's "letter of the law" vs "spirit of the law" thing
>>
>>61375169
Letter of the Law is people who respect the rules, but a Rules Lawyer or actual Lawyer only knows the rules that help them, the instant rules get in the way they forget all of them.

I'm talking like people who are tied up, but because you moved close to them, they "get an attack of opportunity".
>>
File: 1529211696141.png (456 KB, 781x767)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
>be GM
>Want to play in my own campaign along with my group
>GM pc wouldnt be fun at all because I know more and no surprises
>can no longer enjoy anyone elses GM skills because no one else has any skill at it because I always GM

Its a vicious cycle.
>>
>>61375550
What system do you play?
>>
>>61375550
>wouldnt be fun at all because I know more and no surprises
This right here is my primary argument against GM fiat and fudging.
I set things in motion, aim the PCs towards it, and see what happens.
>>
>>61353577
> What are some things you hate about being DM?

Fucking ingrate players. I'm not asking for a blowjob or anything, just a thank you at the end of the session would do.
>>
File: 422-4596-18744.png (478 KB, 615x408)
478 KB
478 KB PNG
>>61356286
>I dont understand this meme and for some reason feel like it's /pol/
>>
>>61356720
>I can't do anything before I have my coffee
>A cultural joke that's existed and been used by normies probably since coffee was fucking invented
>"are we paying attention to middle aged housewives for material now?"

Do none of you fucking millennial "everything has to be a meme for me to understand it" faggots drink god damn fucking coffee!? Isn't the whole term basedboy derived from motherfuckers drinking too much starbucks!? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>61376512
Being a GM is about having fun, it's not about being thanked.
>>
>>61356286
rent free
>>
>>61370393
Either:
Your game was unengaging to begin with, which is why one particularly more motivated player managed to step forward so easily all the time.
Or:
Your players are in college and just want stuff spoon fed to them for free.

A combo of both is possible and usually the case with these stories, but
>put a lot of work into worldbuilding this other guy's character, he comes with some really base stuff without much depth and i do my best to put it into the world and give him some interesting plot hooks and shit
>when it comes time for him to in character explain this it becomes very clear that he didn't read the shit i sent him previously
I am currently more inclined to believe that your players are worthless.
INSANE ADVICE WARNING! Openly tell them they cannot roleplay for shit and that the party Paladin is going to take over again.
>>
File: soyboy.jpg (95 KB, 862x1018)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>61376606
>Isn't the whole term basedboy derived from motherfuckers drinking too much starbucks!?

No? Basedboys are called basedboys because they consume... wait for it... onions.
>>
>>61376666
High School is free, College cost tens of thousands of dollars.
>>
>>61376843
>College cost tens of thousands of dollars.

Only if you're a straight white Christian male.

If you're a schizophrenic black tranny, you get a free ride.
>>
>>61353577
but the cup is not transparent
>>
>>61357662
I think the water is flouridated in newcastle
>>
>>61356601
>if a normalfag meme for years
sounds like something originating from garfield/dilbert/seinfeld (or maybe even BOFH) and which could've been quite funny way back when
but then tardlets saw it some 30+ years after the invention and thought it funny
theyre using opaque mug since theyre not even drinking hot black coffee, just some latte mocca watered down horse diarrhea
>>
>>61373678
>>61374833
Distilled water could, theoretically, kill you by leeching ions from your body, but you'd need to drink nothing but distilled and only eat things that are really poor in mineral content.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

>>61353577
>spend hours writing pre-campaign docs so players can really get a feel for the world
>"anon I don't get this can you just make me a character?"
>>
>>61380695
What about overhydration and something something cells fill up with water and burst? I know it's the opposite of hyper-something, where your cells shrivel up from too much salt and not enough water.
>>
>>61376969
Straight white male here.
The government will give you grants if you get good grades and aren't rich.
>>
>>61376969
Also I've ne never been asked my religion on an application for a college grant.
>t. Straight White Male
>>
Just saying anons, the first thing that cofee cup made me think of was a comfy Autumn morning gaming session at an outdoors wooden table. The leaves are gold and orange and bright red, and everyone has their comfy layers and a hot cup of coffee. Alot nicer of a thought, than whether or not, a cup is stupid.
>>
This is why I don’t drink coffee. People who do drink it won’t fucking shut up about how they neeeeeeed it.
>>
>>61374804
>political invasion
ahahahahahahahahahahahaaha
>>
>>61381388
Ah, hello mr. political invader.
It's well known that a legion of you showed up late 2014 and refused to integrate with board culture.
>>
>>61381329
People who drink coffee and alcohol without adding something are the same, they don't care about taste, they care about effects.

Those of us who care about taste, add something.
>>
>>61356809
>if all we gotta do for a meme is post middle aged housewife shit, where re the Eat Pray Love pepes and wojaks?
I guarantee you, that if you make an Eat Pepe Love that shit will take off like wildfire and you'll regret it before the week is out.
>>
>>61381712
>implying I don't drink vodka for the taste
>>
Why are you faggots still bumping this faggot /ck/ spamming frogshitter?
>>
>>61381953
Would you drink it if it had no alcohol?
>>
>>61357440
what is this werid rule?
Drink when you want, just don't drink too much
>>
>>61357440
If you rush for the bottle the second it turns 11am, you're an alcoholic.
>>
>>61382092
If it had no alcohol it wouldn't taste the same, might as well ask if you'd drink coffee if it didn't contain any coffee beans
>>
>>61375144
Yes and no.
There is lawyering in general and lawyering on the case.
In general lawyers care about law being good and such but while you have case it is your duty to present it in best light possible acting with best interest of client in mind. Of course there is other side or judge and job is to convince them that interpretation that suits you is closer to spirit of the law than interpretation that is harmful for your case.
>>
>>61356873
>Tea is for adding milk and honey a
Only if you have bad/mediocre tea. Good tea is good in itself and adding other stuff in it would bring it down.

But hey, whatever
>>
>>61356873
>Tea is for adding milk and honey a
Only if you have bad/mediocre tea. Good tea is good in itself and adding other stuff in it would bring it down.

But hey, whatever

>>61357170
>they just didn't feel like showing up
I personally feel this is surprisingly valid excuse - if you would be angry and ruin the experience for others, just stay home. It better for all of us. AND speaking with someone about it will probably help alleviate it.
>>
>>61357879
>why are you so obsessed

Why is pol so obsessed with people from other countries immigrating here and bringing their own shitty culture?
This is a microcosm if that. People just got sick of shitty immigrants from pol bringing shitty pol culture everywhere else
>>
>>61359077
>You think you don't have an addiction because you just drink a few cups a day, but a few days in I felt like shit, constant headaches and tiredness and a strange emptiness inside.
I already feel that way though.

And if there's a generally harmless in sane dosages, legally available, exceedingly cheap you can buy a hundred grams, not milligrams, GRAMS, of anhydrous caffeine powder online, for maybe $5, that is literally a couple years' worth substance that can make me feel less shitty, less tired, and more focused, why the FUCK would I give that up?
>>
>>61382188
Or, like, decaf.
>>
>>61381712
>People who drink coffee and alcohol without adding something are the same, they don't care about taste, they care about effects.
Spoken like someone who's never had really good coffee.
Really good coffee doesn't need cream and sugar, just like really good pie doesn't need ice cream.
I still add a little now and then because it's nice.

>>61381329
This is why I don’t shitpost. People who do it won’t fucking shut up about how they neeeeeeed it.
>>
>>61371748
this. when i finish work at 6am, i will walk my ass into a fucking pub at 9 am, have a bigass breakfast and a pint, and anyone who makes stinkeye can go fuck themselves, and then i'm going home to bed.
>>
>>61377095
'flouride' isn't even 'flouride' when they 'flouridate' your water.

its a fucking excuse for manufacturing companies to dump their toxic waste chemical into the local water supply and charge the govt. for the priviledge.
the so called "flouride" is actually a asdkjfgkjsdfgsdgfkjasdgkagkgdk long chemical byproduct of car battery manufacture and other shit processes that makes toxic waste. technically it 'counts as' flouride because the company selling the toxic waste and the politicians getting the kickbacks for giving their criminal pals dumping the waste into the water supply SAY its just the same...
>>
>>61385370
for giving their criminal pals dumping toxic waste into the water supply taxpayer money, Say*
>>
>>61353577
Player-player conflict. I always feel like I'm somehow responsible.
>>
>>61386481
>I always feel like I'm somehow responsible.
Well, you may or may not be partially to blame, I don't know.
Your players could be unmanageable assholes.
But you probably feel that way because you *are* literally responsible.
It is the GMs responsibility to ensure the game runs smoothly.
Depending on the game, this could include preventing player conflicts, ensuring them, or ignoring them.

Friendly reminder that nothing happens at the table that the GM did not allow.
(Sometimes they just allow it by inaccurately believing their players aren't asshats, and then don't allow it further)
>>
File: disugst.jpg (85 KB, 453x439)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>61353577
>when you are good at it
basically you stop being a player, instead you got to be perma-DM. I just want to be simple barbarian who hit things with his bear hands but nobody's gonna run the game

"you are best at it anon" my ass
>>
>>61387232
my gm usually has an npc with our group to play along with us though i can imagine its less fun if you already know whats going to happen
>>
>>61356915
I live in a First World Country but the tap water at the apartment complex I live in tastes like fucking gasoline for some reason, so I drink nothing but bottled water.
>>
>>61353577
That's why I only DM systems my players are unfamiliar with, and when they get familiar enough to have a chance at rules lawyering, I promptly wrap up the campaign and change to a system completely foreign to the one they just used. Currently we're playing AD&D, but last campaign we played TROS. I plan on using CoC once they become used to this one.
>>
>>61353577
Punch rules lawyers in the face.
>>
>>61385370
How do you feel about chemtraiks and the Illuminati?
>>
Tempted to participate in this thread, but motherfuckers won't shut up about coffee and "memes". Is this reddit?
>>
>>61389926
What?
>>
>>61394356
I believe anon is suggesting that only delusional conspiracy nuts would ever consider thinking for a moment that a wholesome and job-creating corporation could ever do anything unethical, illeagal, or harmful to the public.
Isn't that right, Friend Computer?
>>
>>61380937
not exclusive to distilled water.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.