[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1514366150508.jpg (770 KB, 1920x1306)
770 KB
770 KB JPG
Thank fuck that Ivan has finally replaced Robert Elgin. Like Robert Elgin's rewrite of the musketeer class and the Tressle Civilization was great in edition 4.5 but it seems like the praise from that went to his head. Lets not forget how OP he made the musketeer and knight-errant classes and how he completely derailed the Svile Mysterium to favor his waifu Lady Pale-Moon. Like Lady Pale-Moon went from being a diplomatic mistress who swore to never lift a sword to a dragon god slaying badass who sacrificed 2/3rd of the Chasmite population that she swore to protect to power up her sword to canonically kill Erete? In his own damn Phyla Castle? And the lore did the most impressive mental gymnastics to portray her as in the right for the near extermination of her own people even though it was clearly just because she wanted to ride Lord Terwyn's dick and become his queen. And why didn't Terwyn actually stop her besides begging her not to do it?

The only downside to Ivan coming in is that the River Wolves now get a -1 when dealing with Undead class monsters, but I can deal with that. It's a minor nerf compared to what happened to the Sanctioned Lich class under Robert.

What is your guys opinion on Ivan's direction so far? The rebalancing of the magic classes? The new Legendary Treasures pages? Also now that Lady Pale-Moon is dead, who is going to rule Lunar Chasm?

I hope its Eclipse, even those he is a twink. He's the only one who actually gives a shit about the Chasmites.
>>
>>61360429
Don't take my word for it, but I hear the new ruler of the Chasm is going to be Lord Moonstroke. Which kinda fits in with established lore, especially since his original kingdom literally got swallowed up in the Battle of Twin Fires.
>>
>>61360429
My GM is letting one player use the Caldera sourcebook, despite it making Steelcasters (and martials in general) OP as fuck. Meanwhile he won't let me use the Tome of White Blood, because he says that it allows Scarabrons to memorize too many stages at once.
>>
>>61360798

Isn't Lord Moonstroke hinted to be both Eclipse and Harvest's real father? I'm excited to see him doing more in lore than sitting glumly on his throne maintaining the East Crystal Flame if he's the actual next ruler of the Lunar Chasm.

>>61360888

the fuck is wrong with your GM? How is four too many but Steelcasters prior to Caldera Revisited okay? I'd find a new group personally, especially since the Steelcaster player is probably a minmaxer.
>>
>>61360429
As long as Ivan don't nerf the Children of the Red Cross, i'm good. Robert's hate boner for them and the Black Jacks was getting annoying as fuck.
>>
>>61361513

You gotta admit, the Red Cross were kind of useless post Wormslaughter, but with Erete gone I think they'll be coming back to some prominence. Especially with __Calleen_ being one of them.
>>
guys did the courtesan/seducer class make it? please tell me. I want to remake my Crimson Throne Elf Seducer with the 'Sacred Lore' bonus.
>>
Why does Maerovan get TWELVE FUCKING ROZARKIAN DEATH KEEPERS IN THE OATHBORN SCHEME MODULE???

I understand he's an Overbaron, but that's a little overkill. Hell, Ordath has four of these fucking giants, but they've all been soul purged by Gladan Silkweaver.

God damn. Our party almost got tpk'd because we couldn't mitigate the AoE damage from the double headed maces
>>
>>61362701

Because Robert apparently threw a fit if they went through with debuffing his self-insert. Did you know that Maerovan is actually based on his own character from a campaign he ran in D&D almost 20 years ago?
>>
>>61361809
I still find it retarded that Calleen joined the Red Cross while Matteo became an Ironblood Steelcaster. The guy was basically the de-facto leader of the Red Cross for years but then deserted just because they chose her? That's bullshit.
>>
>>61362701
>>61362791
Apparently Ivan said they are going to nerf Maerovan in River of the Black Souls. And buff the Black Jacks. Azgarth Baronslayer is finally getting rules tho, so maybe he will counter Maerovan and Ordath.

>>61362596
Yes, they announced it earlier today. The Seducer and the Diver are getting back.
>>
>>61362815

There's probably a tale about the 'price of being an arrogant asshole' coming in his future.

Also this is why Calleen is worst girl. She had a sudden revelation and ran off to go back to the Children of the Red Cross and abandoned Eclipse just when he and Terwyn were about to get it through Pale-Moon's thick skull about how killing off so many Chasmites was the wrong way of going about things.
>>
>>61362874
>The Seducer and the Diver are getting back.

minmaxers and munchkins everywhere rejoice!
>>
>>61363131

salty martial player confirmed.
>>
Dragoons are the best pure martial archetype in any system. Change my mind.
>>
>>61364020
>not multiclassing into Spellscribe

Enjoy your (((viability)))
>>
>>61362596
My group had a male half-dwarf seducer. It was a fucking riot.
>watching my GM shrivel up and blush every time 'pillow talk' gets used
>that time he crossdressed and nearly turned an entire town gay
>the banter between the party hooker and my asexual lobsterkin hellraiser

I would actually drop it if seducers got cut. Way too much fun.
>>
>>61364174
>implying Bullet Lance doesn't outclass all damage spells until lv10
>implying the multiclass tasks are ever worth anyone's fucking time

Nah, I'll stick with completely ignoring armor and running at 80mph.
>>
>>61364020
>*Laughs in Eagle Tribe*
>>
Why do this thread get made so often? Is this funny to some people? This is 'le bacon xd' early 2010's tumblr-tier humor
>>
File: 1531142016230.jpg (85 KB, 564x798)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>61363131
>>61364174
>caring about pleb tier meme classes when Worm Priestess exists.

Astral crawling makes you more mobile than a Diver, up to eight simultaneous spirit locks, and Living Earth's utility is only limited by your imagination.
Shamanic Euphoria can be used often enough for most major engagements, for free, while Spellscribe's Grand Insight costs an entire runescroll which takes silver components to craft. Plus they eventually gets all the benefits and none of the drawbacks of being soul purged.

And by fluff the only magic class that heals the Cerulean willow instead of chipping pieces of it away like a filthy spellscribe parasite
and you are probably Myngarthi, who get advanced riding for free and basically told the elves to fuck off even after the slaughter.

inb4 Muh magical realm. Not an argument.

Though I will admit a certain fondness for Crawler Nychiia SLIMY BROWN CENTEPEDE VAG
>>
>>61360429
>the 4e gunpowder weapons/class
hot or not?
>>
>>61366818
I was on board back when they said the guy would get to use a blunderbuss, but then they decided it wouldn't be allowed to shove rocks in as ammo....

The lead shot is like 20 gold pieces, but the weight of gold for lead is about the same.
>>
File: mnayhg.jpg (77 KB, 800x600)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>The Epheraunt Empire finally collapses
>All dem factions and great houses at each other's necks
>The Guild of Rings running amok without a master
>Ivan promises a supplement exclusive to the empire
>Got pushed back to January
>Got pushed back again to September
>Getting pushed back again to March of next year
We're never getting it bros. The EE is never going to be relevant again beyond being a source for all the rampant border bandits raping and pillaging every level 1-3 village for the rest of time.

Longshakes murdered Llywelyn for nothing.
>>
>>61367184
Yeah, that's just fucking dumb and has been houseruled by basically every group I've heard of?
>>
>>61367673
What is the best houserule you have heard of so far?
>>
>>61367184
You're not pissed about how they said you can't carry more than 4 pistols? Do you have any idea how fast the gunpowder class goes through those?
I'm only useful for 4 fucking rounds!
>>
>>61367717
Eh, just keeping it simple: Grab a handful of gravel/sand as an ordinary reload action and put a -1/-2 penalty on the damage.

This otoh implies that you should get some minor +dmg bonus, if you're pouring nails or screws into the blunderbuss...
>>
>>61367763
So no one has tried making the super common lead shot into a price where it's not as valuable as gold?
I had a fellow player who used a sling, and he was stuck using the same expensive lead shot as me.
>>
Lady Pale-Moon was right and was willing to make the hard decisions that Terwyn, High Chancellor Lor-Arae, and Twinkclipse couldn't.

Change my mind.
>>
>>61367834

oh hi Robert. Since you're here, you wouldn't mind fixing the abominable cost per shot for all gunpowder classes besides musketeers would you?

Also fuck your genocidal waifu.
>>
>>61365942
Yes.
It's just metahumour, there's nothing wrong with it. Besides, imagining hypotheticals is fun and these threads let us do that in spades on a free canvas, filled in a post at a time.

Now that that's over with, time to contribute.

>>61367581
I KNOW! We could've gotten shit about all the political maneuvring and the actual STRUCTURES of the warring factions, real Warring States Japan or Three Kingdoms China stuff, not just "lol bandits with squinty eyes". And going by the corebook's mention of it, the Emperor's City could've been like the Byzantine Empire or something, slowly rebuilding and safeguarding lost knowledge, and with all those mage classes, Ivan damn well knew, he KNEW, that that is a perfect plot hook and/or character motivation.

>>61365538
>Eagle Tribe
>Not Wombat Tribe
>He thinks his superior speed will help him in the tunnels
>>
>>61365942
It's a thought experiment, promoting creativity. Sure, people will meme and jape in between, but speculative discussion on a system that doesn't exist can bring it into existence. Even if a real system doesn't come from it, it's still fun, and it's still leagues better than 'how wud dis guy fare in 40k,' /pol/ shitposts, and passive-aggressive frogposts.
Speculative discussion is and always has been part of the thinking man's daily life, and hopefully always will be.
>>
>>61368077

What do you think of the death of Fox Tribe? Like that was the real turning point for me with Pale-Moon. After almost every adult Fox Tribe member sacrificed themselves to ensure Erete's forces didn't claim the sword... Pale-Moon fed the souls of their children to the sword? The fuck was up with that. Lets not forget the narration in the book was describing her eyes 'glistening wetly with guilt filled tears as her slender pale perfect hands turned red with blood'.

I love the Fox Tribe, personally I can't believe Deer and Bear aren't hunting down every Chasmite in revenge.
>>
>>61368077
>that that is a perfect plot hook and/or character motivation.
My DM wants to run a "Wild West" style game in the far reaches of the EE, where the political structures were always weak and tenuous and it was always a drifter's world, shacking up between indigenous tribes, military garrisons, and political officials trapped out in the boonies, but it's slow going trying to read all the background materials from older editions and speculating how they'd blossom in a state of out-and-out civil collapse. It's such a cool setting that most of the books never touch on, and we were all excited for the new stuff. If the book had come out by now, we'd already be running it.

He sent an email asking if they could at least tell us something about the Guild of Rings and they told him "One never knows with the Guild of Rings," which while technically accurate is still a huge cop-out.
>>
>No one talking about the addition of "The Tower"
>>
>>61368322
Oh boy, here we go...
>>
>>61368300

I'd be careful, he might be planning to include the new 'Guild Tax Collector' module.
>>
>>61368322
FUCK the Tower
FUCK Regent Mymir
>>
>>61367995
Yeah! I hate paying 20 gold just for five shot!
>>
>>61368300
How do you run something Wild West when shooting with the gunpowder class is so expensive and the setting is full of musketeers?
>>
>>61368458

Have you tried getting the gunsmith skill? I know it's pretty much a point dump, but I thought it was supposed to reduce the gold cost?

>>61368453

Fuck you, The Tower is the best thing Sam Greene's written in AGES. The only bad thing is the shit art. Why does the Regent look like a tuberculosis patient with holes in his skin?
>>
>>61368482
"Wild West" in terms of lawless, ungoverned countryside where isolated small towns are at the mercy of whoever's strongest in the area, be it the law or the outlaws; not Wild West in terms of the proliferation of firearms.
>>
>>61368482

Hollow World book says the far reaches of the EE cross over with the boundary of Yetsin's home plane, which is why EE's bureaucracy can't control it well. But after the death of Erete, I assume the portals to it are now inactive, but I guess you could do a campaign before Erete was LOLPALEMOON'D
>>
>>61368501
I already can craft iron shot for the slings my buddy uses, but for some reason I can't craft lead shot despite having points in Smith and Gunsmith.

I can make a cheap and reasonable blunderbuss or musket, so I make money selling those to all the Musketeers.
>>61368517
That's not Wild West though. Wild West is everyone has a gun and outlaws only go there because they can rob a bank without being recognized.

I think you mean like Dark Ages Europe or Yugoslavia or someplace in Africa right now.
>>
>>61368501
I know it's never been a particularly light and breezy game but the Tower is grimdark as fuck for no reason, and the Regent is ridiculously evil with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

It's well-written, sure, but the last thing we need is more edgelords joining for the Tower, then complaining nothing else is like it.

Fuck the Tower. I want these hot topic rejects OUT.
>>
>>61368564

I mean look at what happened to the Lunar Chasm and the Fox Tribe and the Confederation of Three Thrones. I'm convinced Robert was reading too much Lamentations and 40k.
>>
>tfw you could legit post lore and stats from your local game in the thread

(I love you guys)

What’s your favourite monster, /tg/? Lorefluff or stats, unique Terror or numerous race, which one makes you grin the most?

For me it’s the various types of Haunt. I like the fluff about how they come into being, and I like the rules for fear: it makes the players take the kind of actions their characters should, rather than metagaming.

Of course, the big solo Terrors are fun too, and I’ve always liked the lore of Crogol Sky-Splitter.
>>
>>61368564
I heard they hired one of the guys who wrote stuff from that RPG with the horrible thing happening to that little girl, to write the Tower.

I forgot what the RPG is called, but he's the guy...Sick fuck.
>>
>>61368614

Haunt Mother all the way. Even if my players think she's unbalanced.
>>
>>61368561
No, Wild West is frontier boom towns, hostile natives (because you’re brutal invaders) and manifest destiny expansion stuff. Guns are optional. Try reading Red Country from Joe Abercrombie: Wild West as fuck and not a gun in sight.
>>
>>61368614
>I’ve always liked the lore of Crogol Sky-Splitter
Neverminding the fact that it directly contradicts Reyce's chapter of the Black Entourage, what part could you like about it? It's just a knockoff of Cloudjaww given a Barbarian Lord skin but without the Venom Rain trait.
>>
>>61368647
Yeah, you need to be lucky and buffed to get past the fear checks to avoid just fleeing, and then your reward for passing the checks is fighting her. Epic if you can do it, but every party I’ve seen get close ends up running.
>>
>>61368614
>What’s your favourite monster, /tg/?
The Woods
>>
>>61368681
My headcanon is that Sky-Splitter consumed Cloudjaww’s essence (or is possessed by it), which explains the similarities.
>>
>>61368665
So colonialism?
>>
>>61368728
Your headcanon isn't just in your head, that's basically what the Phobia Esoterica says, almost word for word. Pity the publishing company went under before it could get printed, but those pdfs are still out there.
>>
>>61360429
My favorite legendary treasure is the "Firegun" with it's retarded name and epic ability to set anything you shoot on fire. It uses a gold coin as ammo too, you melt it down with the Smith skill and make it into a sphere.
>>
>>61368744
Absolutely. Because it was. You could set it in Pre-Napoleonic India, or in gold-rush Canada, or on a mining colony on Mars and it’d still be Wild West, as long as there’s a resource people want, the opportunity to make a fortune, and a lax attitude to law and order.

But this is drifting off-topic.
>>
>>61368713
I enjoy fighting them when my party is armed with torches, but those keep going out because it's raining when we fight The Woods... GM is a dick.
>>61368764
Where do you find the Firegun?
>>
>>61368754
I FRICKIN KNEW IT! I knew it wasn’t just a lazy copy-paste. It HAD to be a deliberate thing, Cloudjaww reliving or trying to reenact the Scorn War in a new body.
>>
>>61368771
That's bullshit dude. Fire is like the one advantage every reasonably-prepared party is assured over the Woods. It's the most reliable way to prevent TPKs without reducing the overall difficulty of the encounter.

If he's not even giving you that, might be a killer DM.
>>
I'm so happy Chasmites are still a playable race. Still upset I can't play a Fox Tribe rogue ever again.
>>
I only play neoCore 2.8 Black Lattice (Crystal Edition) ruleset with the 2017 "Diet Coke" Judge's amendment. It's great, but it can be hard to find players. Also a lot of potentially interested people now don't have floppy disk drives to load up the mid-2000s Japanese Scrap Rulebook and aren't willing to pay for translation software (which is just lazy IMO).

Any tips for helping me get a game going again?
>>
File: Hussar Golg.jpg (142 KB, 1024x1365)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>Miss me yet?
>>
>>61368744
A specific type.
>>
>>61368792
Why not use Cursewater? Not as easy to get as a flaming torch, sure, but it works. And if you’ve been through the Dark Lake of Yann adventure you can end up with easy access to it, relatively cheaply (I did lose a hand, though).
>>
>>61368802
Shoot man, I'm in Japan. They still have scraps available in hobby shops, though sometimes you need to dig around.

Missing anything? I know a few supplements fell through the cracks. I'd be up for scanning something.
>>
>>61368781
My brother actually got to talk with the main author of the Esoterica at a signing, and he implied that it may have been Cloudjaww in a new body but it was not Cloudjaww upstairs.
Think. Who else would benefit from "rekindling" the Scorn War?
>>
>>61368832
>Cursewater
Errata'd.

You can always houserule it though.
>>
>>61368832

In our campaign, we had a That Guy who pushed our only healer into the Dark Lake. Thus we were fucked over when dealing with Yi-Tsing since we had no way to counteract his Nails of Pertinence. He then chewed us out for 'letting' him die.
>>
>>61368856
>”rekindling” the Scorn War
>”rekindling”
>Kindle

Motherfucker. Kindle. My god. I need to go re-read “The Silent Accords”.
>>
>>61360429
SIXTH EDITION IS THE BEST YOU ARE ALL MOUTHBREATHERS IT HAD THE MOST INNOVATIVE MECHANICS NONE OF YOUR DUMBSHIT DICE AND MODIFIERS ALL TAROT CARDS AND INNARD READINGS
>>
>>61368886

Found the salty Grimsummoner player!
>>
>>61368866
DM better not have actually let the healer drown.

There are so many more interesting things you can do to PCs who fall in the Dark Lake than just kill them.

My alchemist fell off a boat one time and washed ashore with permanent truesight. That was an interesting latter half of the adventure for him.
>>
>>61368764
>TFW it is cheaper to shoot gold than buy led shot
>>
>>61368862
Well shit. Better make sure my GM doesn’t see that errata then, or I list a hand for nothing. I can’t use Cursewater for it’s “intended” purposes, I have a Third Eye Hex.
>>
>>61368908

Healer didn't drown but came out without her skin and turning into some fleshless lizard monster so we had to kill her.

BTW before this That Guy's character and our Healer were in a relationship. His character's chosen god was Selen, one of the good gods who despises those who sacrifice others for their own gain, and he himself had given no sign of ever wanting to do something like this.

So of course when we called him out he said 'BUT THAT'S WHAT MY CHARACTER WOULD DOOOO'
>>
>>61368886
>Innovating
>Not slowing down the game to a fucking crawl
Herp derp I'm a fortune teller lemme shuffle my fucking cards again
>>
Why does no one ever talk about the Hauvelicht campaign setting? It's just a hop skip and a jump from the main continent so you could theoretically make any race live there without much hassle. It put Ishmael in the spotlight for the first time since 2e, It put a fresh spin on Chronomancy and Geomancy, it's races were familiar yet had unique origins and quirks to set them apart from other Primates, Beastfolk, Fey, and Goblinoids. Hell, the whole shtick of low fantasy combating High fantasy is fun as hell. Who would ever think of the Wyvern Covenant aiding the Vaughn Rebellion? It's genius!
>>
>>61368947
>Healer didn't drown but came out without her skin and turning into some fleshless lizard monster so we had to kill her.
Acceptable.
>So of course when we called him out he said 'BUT THAT'S WHAT MY CHARACTER WOULD DOOOO'
Cancerous
>>
>>61368963
>Ishmael
literallywho
>>
>>61368963
>a fresh spin on Chronomancy and Geomancy
Equal and opposite reactions have been a standard of all forms of -Mogrifying ever since the reboot in '05 with the Anachronism.
>>
>>61368996
>Anachronism
You mean Anachroclysm, right?
>>
>>61368918
That's what I've been saying this entire time. I don't want to have to house rule myself shooting rocks.
>>61368771
I honestly have no idea how we got ahold of it. Another player had it for some reason and he got killed on my second session with my party.
>>
>>61369031
The Anachroclysm was what caused the reboot, the Anachronism was what the reboot became. Things from Outside of Time came to destroy what Was, and the only answer was to move what Was to someWhen else, hence, Anachronism.
It's needlessly confusing and anyone using Anachronauts in their campaigns are pretentious 2deep4u faggots.
>>
Is no one complaining about how there is entire teams of Musketeers running around EE for no fucking reason?

My party ran into five rogue Musketeers during a little trip and we lost one of our party members when they fired five shots right at us from ambush. All four of us lost our horses, and one of them shot our leader right after he fell, with his horse landing on top of him.
>>
>>61369095
How much money did you get for killing them? Were they loaded down with gold? What value was the muskets?
>>
>>61369109
They had fucking matchlocks, I have no idea how they even got them to fire without us hearing them. No gold, just loaded down with lead ammo, which no one in my party can use. We found hundreds of lead balls on them, their stupid matchlocks, and some bread.

The guns won't even cover our lost horses.
>>
I really don't get all the hate for Robert Elgin. His work was great, and sure some of his lore stuff was a bit edgy occasionally but nothing too bad.
>>
>>61369144
Even you have to admit, his author comments in the book leaves were pretty fucking sketchy.
>>
File: 1446952327102.gif (208 KB, 385x400)
208 KB
208 KB GIF
>>61369095
>Complete social collapse
>Military detachments devolve into territorial clans while their commanders declare themselves warlords
>"No fucking reason."
Maybe get the fuck out of Regal Gate you enormous scrub.
>>
>>61369174
Fuck that guy. He's the reason why Muskeeters are everywhere and all the other gunpowder classes cost so much too use.
>>
>>61369180
EE didn't even have that many matchlocks, they're a decayed empire, the one place without serious supplies of firearms!
>>
>>61369203
Sure, and not fuck-that-guy for the fifty people he fired when he was coked up during crunch week before Maggots came out. Which, there's another thing, is there any other tabletop fantasy creator who got away with naming their book after their fetishes? Well, aside from Gygax and "Dungeons and Dragons," that is.
>>
>>61369218
The Westermark knew collapse was inevitable and started rubbing shoulders with the Farlund Trade Commission.

They had to pay through the ass for it, but they're nothing if not well armed. Only around Regal Gate though.
>>
>>61369257
I'm not near Regal Gate though.
>>
>>61369137
What about the lead ammo? Sounds like you got at least a hundred gold, that's worth something
>>
>>61369325
>Musket ammo
>worth anything
>>
>>61369311
Oh well your DMs just a douche bag then.

Only the Regal boys got guns and they're stingy and keep to their territory. There's no way you'd run into them anywhere else.
>>
>>61369380
You're right, musket ammo is the cheapest ammo, it's even cheaper then the lead shot used in blunderbusses and slings....
>>
Guys, I found a wheellock.. Do I keep this or sell it?
>>
>>61369443
Sell it, it's fucking expensive and it requires a lot of work to keep using.
>>
>>61369443
If your DM is letting you use Caldera Revisited, keep it and craft it into a Halberadroit. 6d8 Hirsuitism damage per shot.
>>
>>61369095
Musketeers have a reason to be there anon
it's to fuck your shit in
>>
File: 1533088191276.jpg (93 KB, 530x800)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
My DM and I worked out a cool solution for any shamans who wanna keep in touch with their spiritual guides without dominating the table for several minutes trying to commune with the ethereal.

Whenever we're resting I just tell everyone "I'm meditating," and we text each other under the table while everyone else does their thing. Your DM needs to be good at tracking two different things at once, but ours is so he's cool.

It's also nice because I've been telling everyone I follow the snowmother when I'm really working with the rootlord. Get to keep the surprise this way, heh heh.
>>
>>61369443
Does your GM make it rain everytime you go near The Woods, but aren't fighting The Woods? Matchlocks don't work in the rain.
>>
>>61369506
you motherfucker
stealing this
>>
>>61369063
Wait so the Arachnonauts and Anachronauts are different? I thought that was what the whole Mother Spider, Eating Time ghost dance was about.
>>
>>61369618
are we talking about the dance of the ghosts or THE ghost dance here ?
Also, you're probably talking about the Spider Mother, Mother spider is an ancestry trait
>>
How hard is the 'Rite of the black path' adventure?
My DM wants to run it.
>>
>>61369692
depends, how retarded is your group ?
>>
>>61369618
The Arachnonauts and the Anachronauts are both splinters of the Mother Spider's Many Webs setting. Honestly that reboot's contradictions alone are why they published The Eye of Darkness. Give it a read if you like, it's all about the creative schism that happened around the reboot and how much the producers fucked over the writers and vice versa. The creative friction involved explains more about the reboot's cosmic implications than the five cire books around it ever did.
>>
>>61369692

Hope you enjoy regularly shoving your organs back inside of you, anon
>>
>>61369688
>Mother Spider is an ancestry trait
Holy shit anon, my sides
>>
>>61369692
Don't go out of the path
Prepare rations
Don't trust your party members
>>
>>61369878
>Don't trust your party members
You could've stopped at just "Don't Trust." The final encounter, the Binding Tithe, is buffed by every bond you forged ingame, and it's already fucking nuts.
>>
>>61369897
I didn't want to spoil the last part is all
Also, I have fond memories of all the tension around potential backstabbing and everyone passing papers around the table
>>
>>61369897
>>61369878
>>61369692

I had Supplicant's Promise, which had us mopping the floor with the Tithe. Unfortunately I think the new edition nerfed it severely. I still advise having it though.
>>
>>61369943
>nerfed it severely
Oh completely. That bonus against non-euclideans only procs once per fight instead of once per round now. The Tithe has multiple forms so it's not worthless, but it is not at all what it was in first printing.

>>61369933
Ah right, fuck. Sorry, I've just seen too many campaigns go down in flames because they forgot to not save one of the Opal Orphans.
>>
Does anyone here actually play as a Musketeer? If so, why are you such a fag?
>>
>>61370190
Because throwing weapons fucking suck and bows are also garbage. It's not my fault that the game pretty much punishes you for being a ranged character.

Black Arbalist is alright but you have to basically follow the shitty quickpull build to do anything other then stand still and shoot. At least with musketeer you have options.
>>
>>61370190
Musketteerfags are such pieces of shit, I almost got into a fight with one last session
Fuck them in a volcano
>>
How are crystal based weapons now in the current edition?
>>
>>61370237
>Throwing weapons are garbage
Looks like someone hasn't read the errata on the Caldera book. The new Ironside specialty now extends to hatchets
>>
>>61370361
Honestly, still shit
They fixed the pricing options, but all that did was make them more fragile, all they're good for is the Musketeer's shots or an archery character with their piercing property.
That is, of course, if you have an Arcanist to actually bond them to so you can get their elemental affinity
>>
>>61370237
Just be a Buccaneer, carry a Blunderbuss, three pistols, and a saber. Don't just pick the class with the one shot that barely has the same range and accuracy as a bow, but way more damage.

You picked for the cheap ammo, I know you did.
>>
>>61370381
God, I miss second edition when the Arcanist didn't exist. Everyone was fine and balanced, but once you add in someone who has the job of doing the enchanting process, you all of a sudden now have entire builds that require you to play buddy buddy with an asshole
>>
>>61369704
I thought the comic adaptation of the second prequel movie did a pretty good job unifying everything.
>>
>>61370385
I picked it because I get to bayonet people and then shoot them.
>>
>>61370402
Fuck you I like the Arcanist it lets you actually choose what elemental affinity your crystal weapons have instead of a shit one like muck. The fact that they only have limited access to magic combat wise makes extremely combat heavy games a little boring buffing everything and everyone every round but they can be fun in a game with an average amount of combat and if you still don't like em you can multi class and taking a level in Arcanist lets you access to most of the buffs ig you are only using em on yourself and your stuff.
>>
>>61371281
Your GM let you do that? You know you can only do that once a fight right?
>>
Can someone explain to me which glass uses the iron grenades with a fuze and if you can use them when it's raining?
>>
Anybody here plays first edition?
I know it's old as shit and a crunch-fest, but the mechanics are actually rather simple (at least the most used) and the lore wasn't raped to death and back multiple times.
Also it has best rolling tables for chargen, crystal weapons actually worked and the best races weren't randomly killed off to shill not!elves.
>>
>>61372365
>Likes version without guns despite the fact the game always was buttbuddies with melee or magic classes.
>>
So I hear that they're setting up a new tourney to go against the Boundless Shadow. Planning on going. Any strats to not get instantly destroyed?
>>
Reminder that Arcanists suck, Steelcasters are the best and the Ironblood Steelcasters are the best faction.

Also, in Rite of the Black Path, is the fight against Nefinné supposed to be broken? Because holy shit, that fight can TPK a group easily.
>>
>>61369095
We rolled a party of four musketeers and two norn acolytes to buff their accuracy and critical hits. Then the fucking GM puts us on the 'Fateless Road' adventure and we TPK instantly.
>>
>>61372592
>Ironblood Steelcasters
Not only are they a horrific aberration of lore, they don't even make logical sense.
>>
>>61372644
I don't think our party or GM has the book for Norn Acolytes?
>>
>>61372384
>without guns
What? Just because there's no muskets doesn't mean there's no guns
>>
>>61372767
Oh they were a limited release promo at Gencon and Flamecon 2015. You had to roll above 28 on a giant foam d35, one roll per customer.
>>
>>61368482
>>61368517
Yeah, look the Dark Tower series; firearms are more or less mythical artifacts, remnants of something that's been destroyed or lost to history.
What few firearms that exist have in almost all cases been passed down through the generations or to the most promising among apprentices, which is why their wielders are deadly AF: See class description.

There might be only a few handfuls of firearms out "in the wild" in total, but these are treasured relics of a forgotten age or empire, kept in secret or in a safe place close at hand: People just don't fucking know how to make them anymore, which is also why ammunition is so goddamn rare and expensive. Casings for example will have to be reused, since new ones are unheard of.
>>
>>61372433
Same old:
>FoTM
>>
>>61360429

This shit is all I see when people talk about actual RPGs. It's all gibberish to me.
>>
>>61373372
I wonder what you come here for? There aren't many boardgames discussions.
>>
>>61373421

The other stuff. I like the world-building, mythology, folklore, and creativity bits, but occasionally a thread like this slips through the filters.
>>
File: thumbs.gif (1.5 MB, 355x225)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
>>61369506
>>
>>61373565
You're unironically the cancer killing the board. Worldbuilding absent of interaction with others isn't /tg/, it's wankery.
>>
>>61373565
Start another cyberpunk thread then
>>
>>61372950
The 4e guns class is when we actually got guns for real, before that it was only enemies that used them and those were matchlocks.
>>
>>61373652
Not her, but this is literally the only good board for those things. And to take those things away is to kill /tg/ again.
>>
>>61373871
I think a lot of current problems with /tg/ come from the fact users see it as a consumer board like /tv/ and make very low quality posts/memes that they're used to on those boards. They come here to waste time discussing imaginary bullshit, so it doesn't matter whether half of that bullshit is fetish threads or frogposting.

But /tg/ as an actual thing are inherently about personal communication and are extremely interactive. If you don't actually play games - wargames, TTRPGs, board games, whatever - I don't think you should be using /tg/ as your worldbuilding touchstone.
>>
>>61373565
Dudette, this is literally a worldbuilding thread! Look behind the stats (which don’t exist) and see what’s happening here.
>>
>>61373987
Just because I commented on it doesn't mean that I don't play any /tg/ approved games. Creative threads that aren't directly /tg/ aren't the same as the blatant shitpost threads, either. Without brief flashes of creativity, the board would dry up very quickly. Imagine Rules As Written as the board's dominant culture with nary a /gdg/ or a writethread in sight.
That would be a shit board.
>>
>>61374075
/tg/ only takes interest in the most popular of RPGs typically, so it's hard for the more rare ones to get any love. Haven't ever seen a RIFTs thread.
>>
>>61374114
In the past few months there's been at least one RIFT thread a week, if not more. If there isn't a thread up about something you want to talk about, make that thread. Don't let inactivity dictate your experience.
>>
>>61374075
Do you play /tg/ games? Which ones? How regularly do you play, and who with?

The idea that orientating the board around ideas FOR GAMES rather than ideas FOR MYSELF would lead to RAW overcoming everything is just you being a fucking idiot. In what world ever has games-focused /tg/ discussion purely been about RAW? Not even the sterile bitchfest of official WotC forums was ever that outside of a single specific board.
>>
>>61374114
Utter nonsense. Rifts threads happen quite often, and obscure rpgs get talked about all the time (is that Brazilian thread still up from yesterday?)
>>
How do other GMs deal with players who don’t really *get* the aesthetic? Weird horror arcane renaissance fantasy isn’t exactly a common genre. What authors or series would you recommend people read to gain insight into the setting (excluding the official licensed works of course).

Someone’s already meantioned Joe Abercrombie (but there’s no guns in the books), and there’s a French series called the Cardinal’s Blades which is quite fun.
>>
>>61374286
>Cardinal’s Blades
Pierre Pevel, that’s the fellow. Also a fa/tg/uy. The High Kingdom series he’s written also looks relevant.
>>
>ctrl+f Sky Symphony of the Pale Lord's Crescendo
I see none of you play with the newest Japanese modules.

>>61368802
>>61368836
Tabletalk Cafe Daydream has a lot of this stuff gathering dust on their back shelves. If you want it you'll need to visit in person or get a middleman service because they don't ship internationally.

http://trpgtime.hobby-web.net/first/
>>
>>61374357
Did they fix the fight with the 4 horseman golems?
>>
>>61374286
Greta Einarsdottir nails the aesthetic pretty well but her writing has a lot of themes that could trigger /pol/types, even though they match the feel of the setting just about perfectly. I recommend starting with either Hilbert's Last Journey or Sunset Over the Erengard.
>>
>>61374175
Tell that to Twilight 2000
>>
>>61374518
No, I meant authors and series that aren’t connected to the rpg.
>>
>>61374551
Dude I’m a Millenium’s End fan and I would like nothing more than to see it even mentioned, but it ain’t going to happen. Likewise Twilight 2000 (until the remake happens), Dark Conspiracy, Metascape, Buck Rogers (either), any Amazing Engine, Boot Hill or Meddling Kids.

Despite that, obscure shit does get talked about. In accordance with the number of fa/tg/uys who still play them.

Legendes Celtique anyone?
>>
>>61374516
Aside from dropping their RES and VAR stats a bit, they're exactly the same. There's also a new subchapter about what you can do with Parts that you harvest from them and the other divinities, too. Gives some example weapons/armor/potions and has some rules and tables for making your own.

>>61374602
While she was commissioned to write a novella or two about the setting in its early years, I'm not sure I'd call her connected beyond that. Her original work definitely nails the setting aesthetic but the themes are overall very different.
>>
>>61374675
I've seen Shadowrun struggle to maintain a thread and that's like in the top 10 RPGs that people play.
>>
File: last-bit-of-hope.jpg (80 KB, 766x960)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>61360429
I'm having a lot of fun tonight playing a great game with socially well adjusted people who won't be late. I hear one of them is even bringing snacks.
>>
File: IMG_4107.jpg (303 KB, 1101x1956)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>tfw the GM throws a Laughing Bear at you
>>
>>61374676
Le sigh. Breaking character for a moment: Joe Abercrombie and Pierre Pevel are REAL WORLD authors whose work seems to fit the aesthetic of the FICTIONAL game we are posting about. I was trying to suggest authors other fa/tg/uys might like to try, and hoping for some suggestions back.
>>
>>61374725
>le
Anon, I
>>
>>61374705
When? /srg/ is up virtually every day I look, despite the fanbase being split by every edition past 3rd, the Earthdawn Schism and the wireless/Otaku/technomancer fiascos.
>>
>>61374793
Sometime in the last three months.
>>
>>61374725
If that's the case, I'll add them to my reading list.
>>
Anyone tried adapting OtherGame modules or adventures? Stats conversion would be a mare, but plot lines are plot lines. Any that really work well? Petal Throne stuff maybe, or Skyrealms of Jorune?
>>
>>61374933
Please do, but keep in mind my dread secret: I am the fa/tg/uy who first recommended Honor Harrington to /tg/. My tastes are clearly not quite in synch with those of the board at large...
>>
Never actually played it but I read the Fallacy Chronicles as a kid. My friends want me to run a game for them since I'm the most knowledegeable on the setting. What classes should I restrict? I' thinking it should take place before Lady Pale-Moon's death but during the Lunar Chasm Schism.
>>
>>61364020
Only if you minmax desu. The multiclass Dragoon/Conquistador build in 2.5E was THE meta for years.
>>
>>61365942
Riffs on common tropes, creativity and a sense of community. Better than fetish, /pol/bait and bitchig threads.
>>
>>61375033
Softban Dragoons and Steelcasters.

Hardban Acolytes, Karcists and Temple Dancers; they’re broken.

Hardban Mystics, Avengers, Oathbreakers and Long Walkers; they’re anachronistic for your chosen period (and no-one wants to use the Achronal Background tables, they’re just a mess and screw up your backstory).

Vet carefully anyone coming to the table with a Turncoat Black Jack, a Forlorn Hoper or a Glass-Eater Mage; it’s easy to accidentally create a borked character but they’re also abusable as sin.
>>
>>61373697
That was only if you played core, there's been supplements for 1st 2.5 and 3rd that added them. The only balanced one was the last one but 3rd edition is bollocks anyway.

>>61374357
>Sky Symphony
Mein nieger, I actually like that one.
It has some autistic shit like the Welkin Rules but it's my kind of autism.

>>61375033
>>61375375
Don't know how much experience do you have with GMing other games, but this guy is pretty right. Martials can be difficult to deal with if you aren't used to minmaxers (cause 9/10 it'll be a minmaxer) and the others are either busted or don't fit. Dancers are fine if you veto multiclass.
>>
Did anyone ever get the myth caster rules uploaded?

They sound interesting

>taking power from the collective belief of folklore
>>
>>61376158
They're just another case of the developers making a class more based on fluff than on fun mechanics. Kevin Siembieda never should have gotten hired.
>>
>>61369506
>working with the root lord instead of the sea prince
enjoy your disadvantages in the Skysea floating dungeons.
>>
Sylvia Silvervein is best girl.

Prove me wrong. You can't. Her lore, her character art, the module she was introduced in, all top tier.
>>
>>61377232
>liking such an obvious Drizzt expie
>>
>>61377232
Your waifu a shit.

The fandom has long since agreed that the Fortress Witch of Caldera is objectively the best.
>>
>>61377232
You do understand she's a parody of a modern politician? The writer for that module posts on Twitter about how republican he is.
>>
>>61377384
>>61377301
Draxxus has better tits and a bigger cock. He is the best choice in waifu.
>>
>>61377573
Draxxus is also a FLAMING homosexual and a arch devil of agony. But, to each his own I guess.
>>
>>61377232
>implying Elizabeth of Aerith isn't best girl
>implying Sylvia isn't a pleb normie choice
>implying Sylvia isn't a cold hearted bitch
>>61377384
FWC was cool when she was introduced but they keep shoving her in fucking everything. I'm sick of seeing her at this point.
>>
File: aqmZf.jpg (16 KB, 300x287)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>61377662
>Elizabeth of Aerith
Has a more perfect posterior ever been drawn?
>>
>>61368159
>le thinking man
holy shit this thread is fucking sad
>>
>>61373652
no, worldbuilding should always be absent of interaction.
>>
>>61374075
the board should only be rules as written.
>>
>>61374357
>SSotPLC
>new
lmao I bet you don't even play unreleased modules fucking pleb
>>
>>61374977
lol? that guy's been well-known since the board first existed, you're not special
>>
Jesus did you guys read the new lore that came out this week. Kinda dark what they wrote about Jetren Helmwaker's backstory no? Do you guys think that Zonzull gave him what he deserved?

Also pic related, Zonzull is best Fallen Elder
>>
>>61377999
I'm sorry we pushed your "How would Owen Wilson fare in WH40K" thread off the board.

Maybe next time champ.
>>
>>61375033

The new book series about Eclipse, Guardian of the Broken Moon, is pretty fun if you can get over the fact that Eclipse looks like a creepy skinny female porcelain doll despite being a dude and how he spends like 10% of the book angsting over Calleen and 30% angsting over his mom's shitty decision and how he now has to protect what remains of the Lunar Chasmites from Those That Come.

In the second book, Harvest tries to sacrifice him to Those That Come and turns out to have been the Betrayer that Erete mocked Terwyn about. Eclipse is a lot angrier throughout the rest of the book. Fuck Harvest. She's the worst waifu.
>>
>>61378145
>Do you guys think that Zonzull gave him what he deserved?

Yes. You just don't do that shit. Especially not to your own kid, whatever reasoning you had beforehand. Zonzull's always adhered to his code, Helmwaker should have known that.
>>
>>61377999
>making a cringe comp

yep this post is going in the cringe comp
>>
>>61378905

> tfw the dude who killed your wife and demanded your eyes is a better father to the daughter you nearly killed than you ever were
> tfw you never tell anybody how you tried to use your kid's eyes to appease Zonzull
> tfw Terwyn considers you a close friend and a true hero of justice
>>
>Official twitter teasing a new addition to the writing staff for the next batch of books
>A fan-favorite author
>It's Roger Capek
>>
File: 1428994628120.gif (734 KB, 220x220)
734 KB
734 KB GIF
>tfw Valdr and Nohl were never reunited
>tfw the stag tribe turned to ash voluntarily out of respect for the chief
>tfw Kreis didn't even try to swim back to shore when her wings were torn out
>tfw literally the entire world forgot about the girl in the ice

Why is the edgy-ass lore in these companion books making me so fucking sad?
>>
>>61375264
Conquistadors were completely useless until they implemented firearms, though. Even if it was fucking strong, Powder Charge + Bullet Lance was really the only combo they had.
>>
>>61379249
Never forget that this is an actual line in Nocturne Days.

>"I hate sand. It's coarse and rough, and it gets everywhere." said Kale, letting the sand slip away between his scarred fingers.
>>
>>61379326

because none of them were written by Capek or Elgin.
>>
>>61379326
what did you expect from the companion book series they are just glorified fan fictions at this point. god at least read the in-house stuff.
is sad what they did to the stag tribe thou, lets hope that the time of the great hunt comes soon and when it does all the tribes choose to reunite to take back the homelands!
>>
So guys, I never quite understood what Chasmites are supposed to be. Like some lore states they're the progenitors of the elves, or literally born from the pearl-tears of Star-Queen Amaglya as she died, while other lore says they're extraplanar beings who voluntarily exiled themselves? The fuck are they? Why is everyone okay with these creepy fucks running around? Or fucking these creepy fucks?
>>
>>61379438
This whole time I was expecting the Stags to be the next tribal caste implemented and then they pulled that timeline twist. I didn't even realize the book took place 200 years before.

RIP my Stag Primalist build.
>>
>>61374718
>try to punch laughing bear
>you get knocked prone
>try to shoot laughing bear
>you're knocked prone
>try to debuff laughing bear
>knocked prone
>try to knock laughing bear prone
>he gains aggro
>you're still on your ass

Whose idea was this? Was it Gray's? I bet it was Gray's.
>>
Guys, how can Ivan and the other writers reasonably redeem Calleen without fucking the lore up, and also how are we going to make Elizabeth of Aerith anything more than a constant backstabbing bitch who occasionally might find a conscience once every blue moon?
>>
>>61379397
Why is it so hard to grasp that a character can reflect on the tragic circumstances of their life without being a mopey teenager about it. Kale had a shit life and used that shit to become the most realest-ass dude in Caldera, full of homespun wisdom and life lessons and shit. But nah, let's have him be a big baby about it when the author's mary sue decides to comfort him.

People bought this shit. They loved it. Twitter can't get enough of this announcement.

RIP Jean Taylor. Least he never had to live to see what would become of his legacy character.
>>
>>61369506
Hey fuck you man, Fridgemom or nothing.
>>
>>61379608
>2018
>Still sucking snowmom's teat post-Calamity
>LaughingMoonstroke.png
>>
>>61379622

>implying Lord Moonstroke can do anything besides frown.
>>
File: MFW Montague Dumb AF.jpg (66 KB, 500x562)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>
>>61379455
1. Chasmites are extraplanar beings who voluntarily exiled themselves from their plane, which had gained complete energy stability, in order to bring mortal life to the plane that everything takes place in. ironically b/c they were beings of energy they could not truly enter the plane and were not truly mortal, but they found a way to inhabit the, technically living but not mortal nor sentient as we know it, pearl-tears of the late Star-Queen Amaglya, granting them their sentience and making them mortal thou still biological immortal. B/c they are, in a way the children of the Star-Queen they are viewed by most as somewhere between divinity and royalty so calling 'em creepy fucks, or telling 'em to fuck off is out of the question. And the reverence most people view 'em with means that they don't really argue if one of the horny creeps want to fuck.
>>
>>61379759
>It's another fucking bloodmoon episode
Greater good my ass.
>>
>>61379759

That pretty much perfectly encapsulates about half of Elgin's treatment of Erete. Good job!
>>
>>61379762

When you just want to bring life to another plane but by crossing the barrier you accidentally unleash an enemy you thought long defeated that promptly devours your home plane and now you've damned yourself and all your descendants to keeping it from spilling out and continuing to assimilate planes.
>>
>>61379455
Basically no one knows. The writers have stated that it's supposed to be one of the great mysteries of the setting and won't ever be properly answered, hence all of the explanations you gave coming from NPCs in-setting. However, there are a bunch of hints scattered throughout various sourcebooks, and if you piece them together it puts together a pretty concise story (though the authors won't comment on it).

Chasmites are not actually the progenitors of the elves, they ARE elves. At a late stage in their life cycle, elves go through a sort of metamorphosis where they grow horns, a pale grey-blue hardening to their skin, and their reasoning, memory, and magical skills grow massively. Only about one in fifteen elves that get to this point survive the metamorphosis and become Chasmites. Most elves don't realize the metamorphosis even happens, as they don't survive long enough.

The Chasmites see themselves as the elite protectors of their race, and gain a sort of enthralling power over other elves. The Chasmites are able to see and hear everything an elf feels (which neatly explains why they get additional rerolls in combat for each elf in combat with them, they're literally seeing the battle from multiple perspectives). Elves are unaware of this, however, and unknowingly act as spies for the Lunar Chasm.

As for their origins, the old lore just straight up said "they're born from Amaglya's pearl-tears, she made them immortal and smart and stuff," but the new lore implies that Amaglya is an invention of the Chasmites to give Elves a sense of purpose and unity, and the cult's doctrine of pilgrimage and wandering supports the idea that they're just pawns to be used as mobile eyes. However, the existence of elven priests of Amaglya complicates matters, because it means Amaglya might be real as well. Their origins haven't really been explained well since the early stuff.
>>
How do you guys feel about the most recent in-house book? Gutter King?

Specifically, how do you feel about Elizabeth of Aerith cucking the now deposed Gutter King Iren with Eclipse____ so she could get pregnant with his kid?

Also first human and chasmite hybrid confirmed.
>>
>>61379914
The Gutter King had it coming for him, he employed all his military in Elizabeth's hometown so that he held political sway over her. Dude's a bitch

Eclipse is only marginally better, at least he intends on putting his chasm kid to good use at the arcanist assembly. Will be good to see how good ol' Cyrus take a command position
>>
>>61379759
To be fair, the Pale Moon has been shown to not have mindCONTROL, only mindALTERATION
They can't make you do something that you don't want to do, so when Sif Erete got spooked, he already wanted to down the Three Generals
>>
>>61380010

I can't blame him for wanting to get the kid out of Elizabeth's hands as fast as possible though. He knows she hasn't changed at all. Especially given what she did to Terwyn's firstborn. I did not need to have infant sacrifice described that viscerally.

After losing his mother and Harvest's betrayal, and that Waxing and Waning are still out traveling in dangerous areas, I can't blame Eclipse for wanting to keep any remaining family member safe.
>>
>>61380043
What fucking purpose would the Pale Moon have in slaughtering his own fucking people.

And don't give me any of that mysterious ways bullshit, the Pale Moon has repeatedly been shown to be the second most rational character in the whole canon.
>>
>>61379893
>tfw playing an elf trying to muster an army to clean out the lunar chasm
Guess I'm fucked then. This does explain why no one has ever gotten rid of the fuckers though.
>>
>>61380082

Same reason Lady Pale-Moon killed off 2/3rds of the Chasmites to power up her super anime sword to kill Sif Erete. "FOR THE GREATER GOOOOOD"
>>
>>61380082
>He doesn't believe the Bog Witch
homie was cursed dude, blood for the blood gods and all that shit.
On a related note, what do we call him now? His group is gone and the homie is definitely on some other shit now
I submit Boggy Boi
>>
>>61378786

Who wrote this and why the fuck did they have to make Harvest the Betrayer? Why not Waxing or Moonstroke or something? Harvest was literally my favorite female character in the game even before that picture of her in that sheer gown that all the neckbeards started loving.
>>
>>61380055
Speaking of which, do we know if Iren is aware of Elizabeth's work? Either with the cucking or the baby sacrifice deal. I know that he was trying to keep a pulse on the Bog Witch, but she's eluded even Waxing and Waning who caught a ghost like it was an afternoon snooze
>>
>>61380147
Harvest was destined for it, Bog Witch said so
>>
>>61380043
>Erete treating everybody like his bitch
>He was actually the biggest bitch of all
I can dig it.
>>
>>61377775
Actually yes. There's a full-page illustration in the 2e handbook of Nohl washing herself in a river, totally nude in water barely past her knees. I must have whacked it to those sweet buns at least a thousand times as a kid.

>those tattoos that look like they could be a negligee if you just blur your eyes a little
>the steam pouring off of her skin in the cold air
>>
>>61380176
Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense. Chasmites aren't in the stars, that's why they have a tie to direct mana and are the way they are, that's about the only thing we know about them
>>
>>61380162

I mean I don't think he's weeping any tears over Terwyn's son being killed, but if I was him I'd be furious that some uncanny valley porcelain looking thing impregnated my mistress/slave.
>>
>>61380124
My DM refers to him as swamp-ass and won't be convinced otherwise.
>>
File: ilikeu.gif (531 KB, 350x220)
531 KB
531 KB GIF
>>61380198
>>
>>61380194
How long do you think it will last before he's depositioned and E takes the Gutter Throne and actually uses the Scepter of Swimming Swans for something useful?
>>
>>61380220

E's pretty busy with helping rule the Chasmites, but personally I'm thinking he's going to force Jetren Helmwaker into the role as a puppet gutter king. When Jetren tried killing him, we know SOMETHING happened that has left him pants shittingly terrified of E, but we still don't know what.

There's a reason why his parents didn't kill him for his physical weakness, and Jetren got to see it firsthand.
>>
>>61380264
my theory is that eclipse has somehow learned how to channel the stars as an element since he and harvest have actually shown up in prophecies
>>
Eclipse cosplayers make me feel... things.
>>
>>>61368900
Grimsummoner left a fucking *hole* in this game when those dickheads that wrote seventh got their grimy mitts on the game and wrote it out (Killed by an asteroid? FUCK YOU HACKS). It's been a fucking tailspin since then
>>61368956
>adding dice because of pressure form the plebs
>racing through the game like a caffeine-hyped seven year old

Herp Derp I can't comprehend anything more complex then numbers! I'll just EVISCERATE the most ELEGANT goddamn system EVER MADE for ANY TTRPG EVER

What they SHOULD have eviscerated was a fucking SPARROW like it said in fucking SIXTH then they could have read it's motherfucking ORGANS like a TRUE GAMER
>>
>>61380405
Look, anon, I know you like how this system works, but here's the thing:
It's not that people don't want to clean up the blood and guts (they don't by the way), it's that they don't want the mess all over their table and books in the first place.

And besides, if you're playing one of the Tribes you need meat from your representative animal. Good luck getting bear meat in Australia or wombat meat anywhere that isn't Australia.
>>
>>61380630
Admittedly that was a pain in the ass. But you know what's a bigger pain in the ass? All these fucking cans of camel and panda meat sitting on my shelf that will NEVER see a game.
>>
>>61373652

Fuck off, cunt. The cancer killing this board are the idiots doing "would this x fare in y", "what was x's problem", "that guy" threads, and faggots like you.
>>
What is the cheesiest min-max build and why is it Steelcaster going full Iron Crab?
>>
>>61379893
So the human-Chasmite hybrid is going to be born and it's going to be a half elf?
>>
>>61383208
From some interpretations of the modern lore yes. But, in the pre-reboot lore definitely not. We will just have to wait and see which one is true.
>>
>>61380870
hell man my group still plays 4.5 and panda meat is getting hard to find Ill buy that shit off you for top dollar.
>>
Meat sentries are pure fucking cancer and you all know it
>>
>>61386934
>5pleb detected
>>
>>61380179
>we’ll never get cheesecake art like there was in Book of Nohl
Feels bad man
>>
I am thinking about running a camel tribe Arcanist/musketeer in a game coming up. Anyone have any good builds?
>>
>>61390640
>playing a build that needs tarot cards, poker cards, dice, and coins at the same time
Why would you do that to your GM?
>>
>>61390816
Na I would never play 7th. Should have said I was playing 4.5 so I'll just need a lot of camel meat.
>>
Was in a campaign where the Big Bad(?) Guy was Zonzull. It was a TPK, but damn it was an exhilarating battle. I managed to cast Mute on him before he killed me. Turned out he had Lecha's Arcana so muting him only prevented him from using utility spells. Oops.
>>
>>61387900
Ain't no cheesecake like official cheescake.
>>
>>61391670
Doesnt he have nearly every arcana ability?
Even ones that contradict eachother to represent him 'ascending' beyond such common fetters
>>
>>61393136
Well he can ascend onto my fucking dick. Fighting him in Halarin's Cistern = mistake of the century
>>
>>61393866
>Fighting him in Halarin's Cistern

why didn't you bring Light of Magale or lure him outside? Was this your very first game or something?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.