[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: 47-01.png (624 KB, 1252x1800)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
Get in here faggets, it's dumping time.
>>
>>61368421
no anon, you are the faggots
>>
File: 47-02.png (541 KB, 1252x1800)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
>>
>>61368421
I was just about to do that anon, well played.
>>
File: 47-03.png (445 KB, 1252x1800)
445 KB
445 KB PNG
>>
File: 47-04.png (692 KB, 1252x1800)
692 KB
692 KB PNG
>>61368435
Well, fuck, almost didn't do it.
>>
>>61368431
>asami is laying on top of chilchak while he wishes she wouldn't
she may or may not be worst girl, but she is far and away best cat.
>>
File: 47-05.png (466 KB, 1252x1800)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
>>
File: 47-06.png (540 KB, 1252x1800)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
>>
>>61368488
Thistle is the cutest name for a mass-murdering evil sorcerer ever.
>>
File: 47-07.png (389 KB, 1252x1800)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
>>
>>61368488
Around elves.....
>>
File: 47-08.png (550 KB, 1252x1800)
550 KB
550 KB PNG
>>
File: 47-09.png (569 KB, 1252x1800)
569 KB
569 KB PNG
>>61368510
Please stop.
>>
File: 47-10.png (596 KB, 1252x1800)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
>>
>>61368533
>That face
Gender: Elf.
>>
File: 47-11.png (559 KB, 1252x1800)
559 KB
559 KB PNG
>>
File: 47-12.png (521 KB, 1252x1800)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
>>
File: 47-13.png (603 KB, 1252x1800)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>
>>61368558
>ptsd from head pats
>>
File: 47-14.png (514 KB, 1252x1800)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
>>
>>61368587
Ready for the edits of
>Did you already finish having sex?
>Elves are not sluts!
>>
File: 47-15.png (511 KB, 1252x1800)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>
File: 47-16.png (915 KB, 1252x1800)
915 KB
915 KB PNG
>>61368609
Please don't give them ideas. What am I saying, it will happen anyway.
>>
File: 47-17.png (724 KB, 1252x1800)
724 KB
724 KB PNG
>>
File: 47-18.png (564 KB, 1252x1800)
564 KB
564 KB PNG
>>
File: 47-19.png (643 KB, 1252x1800)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
>>
>>61368558
Cute.
>>
>>61368651
>Griffins hate Dwarves.

This makes a great amount of sense, given griffins guard gold.
>>
File: 47-20.png (730 KB, 1252x1800)
730 KB
730 KB PNG
Well shit, short chapter.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (327 KB, 900x900)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
Credits page because what the fuck is that. The end.
>>
>>61368678
Think it might be more, "predators instinctively chase down fleeing prey"
>>
File: 4718~2.png (58 KB, 228x350)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>61368684
>>
>>61368697
Someone's been playing Kingdom Death I see. Holy fucking hell.
>>
>>61368431

>wake up middle-spoon in a demi human sandwich, between a comfy elf maiden and aggressive cat girl
>emotion: pissed off

I guess it's true what they say about halflings and their... preferences

>>61368421
>also watch Chilchak be the one doing all these repose sketches of Senshi
>>
File: 14413507981992.jpg (197 KB, 1064x388)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>61368636
>>
>>61368697
>because what the fuck is that
Golden Kamui, anon. Beautiful, beautiful madness and along with meshi best manga right now.
>>
>>61368733
Chilchak is being CRUSHED, you monster.
>>
File: Attack on Dwarf Titan.png (456 KB, 794x921)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
>>61368661
A bearded giant advances with purpose, followed by his tiny griffin pet.
>>
>>61368488
Aww. Look at Marcille and her adopted daughter.
I'm sure the blood of a being brought forth by Dark Magic will help fuel her Rituals as she descends into madness.
>>
>>61368488

Ah yes, the Childhood Friend Delicious-Brown Elf-Boi Yandere

Truly an exquisite taste
>>
>>61368741
>how dare you cum outside
>>
File: PregnancyFetishDenial.png (358 KB, 1064x388)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>61368954
>>
File: 1533913382806.png (365 KB, 1064x388)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>61369011
>>
>>61368558

>morning after catnip shame
>>
File: Laiuuus.png (54 KB, 302x436)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>61368697
Aww 20 pages, I waited entire day for this Still great as always though.

Edogai best boy
>>
>>61368533

Oh. They say that to *everyone* that makes it to their level. It's bound to be true in one party's case, eventually!

>the inevitable Kabru party interlude where shortly afterwards being hailed as the chose ones they are killed in a tragic minotaur stampede
>>
>>61368684
>October
Someone just end it for me now.
>>
>>61368421
Damn, I really thought from alst chapter that the area would be some sort of lotus-eater machine or something
>>
>>61368731
No, it's from Golden Kamuy.
>>
File: 1476477564768.png (176 KB, 557x591)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>61368421
>>
>>61368421
Stupid sexy dwarf
>>
>>61369479
>Even the shit about the winged lion on their sword is BS
Holy fuck I would love to see that. And their reactions to "pet the cow, do it now"
>>
>>61369611
>Golden Kamuy
Skipped to Ch. 72
Regretted it
Reading it right now.
>>
File: 1446708689992.jpg (21 KB, 266x433)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>61368954
>>61369011
And this is why I stopped posting Marcille.
>>
So Senshi has Griffin PTSD? Time for an origin story
>>
File: LastNight.png (251 KB, 441x665)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>61369176
>>61368558
>>
>>61368421
Cool. Didn't expect it so soon, many thanks.

Bedridden due to the flu, so it's doubly appreciated.
>>
File: 1532848977551.jpg (60 KB, 837x463)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>61370452
I like how griffin are handled as big, dangerous monsters. They rarely get that much respect.
>>
>>61368661

>Liaus legit does not know what fear is and cannot recognize it in others
>>
>>61370602
I mean, a lot of creatures in Dungeon Meshi are treated with more respect than they are in standard Jap Fantasy. It handles it a lot better than certain other series trying the same thing. goblin slayer
>>
>>61368475
Okay, so immortality as no downsides then.
>>
File: head pat ptsd.jpg (230 KB, 448x685)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>61368558
>>
>>61370653
Besides the part where they turn into insane ghosts if they leave their pocket dimension where shit all happens.
>>
I really hate these bridge chapters.
>>
File: dark elf remembers.png (1.04 MB, 1050x1500)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>61368533
>those eyes
Hoo boy...
>>
File: the scourge of tg.jpg (26 KB, 640x424)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>61370735
And the pocket dimension is controlled by an elf sorceress, who is insane and an elf
>>
>>61368684
>October
nooo
>>
>>61370640
Goblin Slayer is rather respectful to mob creatures. Even giant rats can seriously fuck somebody up in that one.
>>
>>61370735
>>61370825

>elf sorceress (male)
>>
>>61368743
They went fully fleshbomb already?
>>
>>61370869
Goblin Slayer "respects" mobs by making everyone brain dead so they either die to basic tactics easily countered by common sense and helmets, or by just fielding so many of them that it requires an army to defeat. Anything else is a unique or higher powered species that isn't fodder by definition.
>>
>>61368460
Being in Golden Castle Land has upped her to Dangerously Furry levels.

Expect her to shred some upholstery by the end of the arc.
>>
>>61368488
Momcille is cute.
>>
>>61368533
Thistle coming in to 'love' the royal line.
>>
>>61368558
Oh no, the ecstasy wore off and she remembers EVERYTHING.
>>
>>61368697
Kek, that's the best crossover.

>>61368558

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW0DfsCzfq4

Dungeon loving had me a blast
Dungeon loving happened so fast
I met a cat crazy for me
'Met an elf cute as can be
Dungeon days drifting away to oh oh the dungeon nights

Pet me more, Pet me more
Elfs you have to coerce
Pet me more, Pet me more
Did she remove you curse?

I needed magic, couldn’t back down
She tackled me, almost drew blood
I saved her life, while eating mud
She showed off with a disdainful frown
Dungeon sun, something's begun but oh oh the dungeon nights

Pet me more Pet me more
Was it love at first sight
Pet me more, Pet me more
Did she put up a fight

As english rhymes are a mess for non-native speakers, I'll leave the rest of the lyrics to another courageous anon.
>>
>>61368431

>Marcy fell asleep looking across at Laius

My heart.
>>
>>61370894
>dat silhouette
>named after a flower
>dat silhouette. look at >>61368488's last panel
>elf

The mad sorcerer is one of the cases where I wouldn't consider this meme as obnoxious.
>>
>>61371026
People toss and turn in their sleep, man.
>>
>>61368558
Cute!
>>
>>61368684
>October
no..
NO..
NNOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>61368571
>Not ALL dwarves have an excellent sense of direction, ye see
Wow that line sounds suspiciously loaded. I bet it ties into his past.
>>
File: Bad Falcon.png (375 KB, 571x318)
375 KB
375 KB PNG
This chapter reminded me of something.
>>
>>61371275
>Senshi wasn't exiled, he's just lost
>>
File: listen pal.jpg (46 KB, 277x565)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>61370913
Look, under normal circumstances they´d organize hunting goblins as part of wildlife and forest management rather than relying on fickle or untrained hired hands as goblins, even in small numbers, clearly make harvesting wood and using other forst resources way too dangerous.

This shit is only getting out of hands over and over again because everybody´s acting like any collection of trees is a sacred grove you can not touch and because they clearly leave irreplacable infrastructure to rot away.

The whole story´s basically operating around having a JRPG´s level of social organization, which means that basically everybody´s running in circles, repeating their catchphrase whenever something bumps into them.
>>
>>61370844
At least it is only two months.
>>
>>61370602
What movie is this from. I remember it because he fuses shit together and thats why he has a griffin.
>>
>>61371458
Quest for Camelot.
>>
>>61368545
>gold-coated cisterns
as an antibacterial agent or just to be the pimpest on the block?

>>61371275
The dude has spend decades living in a labyrinthic dungeon, he's got to have an excellent sense of direction.

Also semicircular canals acting as gyros.
>>
>>61370869
>Defending Goblin Slayer

I bet you also like isekaishit.
>>
>>61368684
>October 15th
Neat, that's my birthday. :^)
>>
>>61369842
Get ready for a wild ride, anon.
>>
>>61371539
What's wrong with Goblin Slayer? It's entertaining, doesn't take itself seriously, has some fun personalities, and is pretty clever and creative with applying RPG-esque abilities to a situation where life is like an RPG without being bounded by RPG rules.
>>
>>61371539
>hating Goblin Slayer!
This the new fad or something? I'd always felt /tg/ impervious to that.
>>
>>61371597
I think it takes itself far too seriously, considering it's a lot of edgy GRRR RAPE AND MURDER AND PISS AND SHIT GRRRRRR
>>
>>61371618
Yeah maybe for like the first couple of chapters? It tapers off to being pretty different from that as it goes along. You did read it up to the current point, right? And you are aware it's fucking ABOUT Goblins so of course you're going to see a lot of the things they are associated with in the manga, right?
>>
File: oook oook.jpg (295 KB, 844x1200)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>61369842
It's a magical ride.
>>
>>61371648
Who's the cute boy in the middle?
>>
>>61371618
There's a difference between dealing with serious/non-comedic components and TAKING itself serious. It only takes itself seriously if it thinks those edgy grimdark things are cool and badass and the more the better, and it doesn't take itself seriously if it knows how silly it's being with the excessive gore and violence. Berserk takes itself seriously, for example, it's telling a story with violence as the medium. Goblin Slayer knows that it's ridiculous. It knows it's outright comical how much he hates Goblins and shoehorns them into every conversation.

Listen, if Goblin Slayer took itself seriously, it wouldn't have had a perfect copy of the D&D 5e Character Sheet as the guild's "adventurer registration form." That was a subtle goof that made me chuckle that proves that it knows what it is.
>>
>>61371665
>boy
>>
>>61371665
Asirpa, a young Ainu huntress and one of the two lead characters. The other lead being Sugimoto, a veteran of the Russo-Japanese war (the dude with the cap).
>>
>>61371683
A very pretty boy.
>>
>>61371668
> it knows how silly it's being with the excessive gore and violence
Just knowing that it's silly is not enough.
>>
>>61371744
It's perfectly enough for most, else we wouldn't be arguing this with you.
What more do you want?
>>
>>61371668
I'd say that Goblin Slayer is more a serious series with the occasional joke. I don't really get the impression that the series is doing a nudge-wink sort of thing with the excessive gore and sexual violence. The impression is that it's trying to be a dark n gritty take on Japanese fantasy.

>>61371635
The silly over-the-top violence/rape comes and goes, honestly. Like, oh he had to sleep with a virgin for the resurrection spell? Hell, the main priestess lady was raped by goblins when she was a young adventurer but has made no attempts to use her vast influence to arm starting adventurers with equipment/knowledge. What's up with that?
>>
>>61371752
>It's perfectly enough for most
Well you're wrong.

>What more do you want?
It takes proper non-serious (comedic, ironic, deconstructive, absurd, et cetera) handling and portrayal to actually deliver on that.
>>
>>61371597
>has some fun personalities
I think the personalities of the entire cast can be written down on a single business card.
And that's the first series I've seen where "healslut" could be the entire character not of one of the main protagonists.

Compare it to the manga in this thread, there's no contest.
>>
>>61371616
Don't you have an Overlord thread to fuck off to ?
>>
>>61371774
>Well you're wrong
I disagree with you. It's more than enough.
The world seems a very different place to all adventurers that don't regularly hunt and kill goblins. Hence why they are usually disgusted or surprised at the fact when they find out more about them.
Since that's ALL Goblin Slayer does, that's what we see the most of, and that's why every one sees him abnormal. the tone would be entirely the edgy kill-spree and rape shit if it only ever focused on him. But now that people from outside his perspective have joined, they introduce their worlds into his.


>>61371858
How rude. I don't even read Overlord. I don't find it entirely appealing.
>>
File: 66a.png (82 KB, 600x392)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>61368421
now a two month wait.
>>
>>61371901
But surely if goblins are a common low level threat, wouldn't most of them encountered the little bastards when they were young adventurers? Or are the only survivors the ones who took the giant rat quests?
How could a population sustain under constant attack from just... randomly spawning goblins, basically? How could it support so many level 1 heroes just throwing their lives/equipment away?
>>
>>61371433
The whole story is poorly written power fantasy and there isn't a real excuse within the text itself (which I've read) as even the guild desires to have anti-goblin forces but doesn't for no reason. The story doesn't offer any logical reason for it's setting and conflict so we're left trying to give our own excuses and I choose not to do that and instead take the series on it's own merits, which is pretty low then turns average once we got past the first volume.
>>
Ironically, I found the parts with Goblin Slayer interacting with his party to be the best.
and we all know that dungeon meshi is way comfier anyways
>>
>>61368546
My thoughts exactly. I still would.
>>
>>61371975
It's common in Goblin Slayers settings that taking on Goblins is considered baby shit, and they usually want to do different things. Maybe Giant Rats are seen as easier because they are in closer locations, like sewers.
However your question has been asked before and I think it's been answered in the manga itself or one of them. Or maybe it's not answered at all.
Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer in GS.
Whether it's well written is up in the air, but I don't believe having an answer would thwart my ability to enjoy it for what it is. We're missing a lot of key information that manga artists just love to ignore for the sake of the main characters or to nurture a false feeling rather than a natural one.

>>61372053
>Power Fantasy
the only Power Fantasy is Goblins Slayer is really good at killing goblins, and is pretty mediocre at everything else unless he can surmise a plan which usually involves others better than him.
>>
File: yaranaika.jpg (19 KB, 750x1000)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>61371539
Yeah, I read a ton of it the last couple of weeks and came to the conclusion that people here were being babies about it.

There´s no other way anybody could be mad about goddamn comics and fantasy novels for children otherwise.
>>
>>61370824
I don't remember this page, what chapter is it from?
>>
>>61368697
>golden kamui x dungeon meshi
I want Asirpa and Senshi to share hinna foods!
>>
>>61372198
That's from the chapter where Laius goes into the paintings. I think it's some time after the Living Armor chapter.
>>
>>61368520
What's going on with the empty speech bubble?
>>
File: tanya tight lip.jpg (25 KB, 379x389)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>61371539
>isekai=bad
>>
>>61370602
They are terrible assholes in Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>61369784
>>61369479

Oh man, I'm dying here.
>>
>>61372159
I enjoy Goblin Slayer, but I would enjoy it a lot more if it had more consistent underlying logic. I would say it isn't well written because of a lack of verisimilitude and the fact that neither characters nor plot is particularly interesting.
It's a bunch of light novel tripe, basically.
>>
File: 24.png (481 KB, 1125x1600)
481 KB
481 KB PNG
>>61372239
Nope. He confronts Laius inside the paintings but that page isn't in that chapter.
>>
You know what I find kind of interesting?
in the beginning it's established that Lauis, Marcy, and Chilchak and company Were good enough to reach the dragon, and as the chapters go on, it kinda feels like "huh, these losers made it to the Dragon?"
And then they get to the Dragon again and you remember that THSE FUCKERS MADE IT TO THE DRAGON and actually know what they fuck they're doing when it counts.
I like that the personality is separated from the profession, yet they know what to do when it's time to do it. Lauis knows how to make plans, Marcy knows how to use fucking magic and even knows black magic, and Chilchak isn't a fucking pussy but knows how to do his job well.

>>61372279
Eh. Isekai is an over-saturated genre. And in a medium where it is over-satuarted, I very gladly welcomed Goblin Slayer and Meshi with open arms originally because it was not Isekai.

>>61372291
Griffons in DD are pretty respectable, and in that respect are utter cunts.
>do damage to them or even just get close to them
>fly away
>never see it ever again

>>61372325
On that I completely agree with you. I still like it a lot, but I wish it would flesh out its setting a bit more.
Meshi does that really well by giving details about the world it inhabits and the things that live in it without giving every single detail out at once and that's something that makes it unique.
It's kind of odd where I'm used to shit not being explained in manga these days, but this is doing a lot of the stuff that you would want it to do. That combined with the non-moe art-style almost makes it feel non-Japanese in a way if that makes sense.
>>
File: 1442343589093.jpg (174 KB, 580x750)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>61372411
> Isekai is a... genre
>>
>>61372159
>It's common in Goblin Slayers settings that taking on Goblins is considered baby shit
Experienced adventurers don't want to deal with Goblins not only because they are low-level and don't pay well, but also because they are sneaky fuckers and can kill them, as Adventurers don't get additional Hit Points from "leveling up".

Also, plenty other stuff in GS is super dangerous too. Like that Ogre that almost wiped out GS's party before GS decided to pull out the teleport scroll. Or the Rock Eater and slimes from the prequel that already proved that adventurer casualities don't come from goblins alone.
>>
>>61372417
Feels like a genre. What would you call it then?
>>
File: 14413507981956.jpg (37 KB, 170x243)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>goblin slayer in this thread
>shitty template /tg/ shitposting in the other
I hate the state of dungeon meshi threads.
>>
>>61371539
I literally read it for the rape
>>
>>61372427
A premise for a shonen. A truly cancerous one.
>>
>>61372411
>Griffons in DD are pretty respectable, and in that respect are utter cunts.
and in heroes 3

>that unlimited retaliation
>>
>>61372518
The Japs stole it from ye olde fantasy writers.
>>
>>61372518
so...subgenre?
>>
File: laughing romans.jpg (586 KB, 1000x667)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>61372411
>Isekai is an over-saturated genre.

You are but a baby to us who read BL.
>>
>>61372563
Stole it and ran it to the ground. But yes, Narnia is Isekai.
>>
>>61368421
I'm starting to think that senshi is the mangaka's husbando
>>
>>61372568
No. A premise.
>>
>>61372583
Would isekai make for a good set up for a ttrpg campaign?
>>
>>61372425
You're completely right. But the artist/writer wants us to focus on Goblins. I think Year One is a pretty good way to show that the rest of the stuff out there is pretty bad, too. but at the same time it kind of shows more of the weakness to the LN in which there's no reason for Adventurers not to have problems with Goblins unless we go by a "everything is fucking awful and horrible to fight" mentality. Which Year One goes for. It's a lot more like Berserk in that sense, and normal GS is a lot less Urgent in ways.
We also reach a problem where all these dangerous things exist in the world -and probably have for hundreds of years - and yet everyone seems pretty ignorant of it all unless they are adventurers.
The problem with the LN/Base Manga is that anything NOT goblins tends to be taken care of somewhat quickly. I wouldn't call it an ass pull because the things that happen get established in advanced, like the scroll GS has. Though I think the Dark Elf had caught him off guard. I've only read that one once.

Maybe it just has problems knowing what it wants to be?
>>
>>61372608
Isn't Isekai the basis of ttrpg? You're playing a character in another world.
>>
>>61372518
>A premise for a shonen.

Shonen is a readership segment, not a genre.
>>
>>61372563
>Japs
I can attest that there are a ton of these "guy is transported into another world" books in Russia too. China too, I hear. I figure it shouldn't be different in the Wild West of Europe and USA (though what do I know?)
>>
>>61372597
No
Senshi is EVERYONE'S husbando
>>
>>61368421
i haven't been a fan of these last two chapters.. The immortal village out of nowhere
>>
>>61372518
Isekai should just be a premise, but it's degenerated into following a series of terrible conventions and themes. At this point, it functions as a genre much more than it functions as a premise because in most cases it doesn't do shit with the premise beyond establishing that this is the same trash as all the other ones.
>>
>>61372597
Hey if she wants a hairy man who can cook i'll be more than happy to turn her pussy inside out.
>>
>>61372159
>taking on goblins is baby shit
>literal rape murder monsters
>overconfidence

It doesn't make sense for people getting overconfident when fighting rape murders that are known to set traps. At worst the guild is straight evil. At best it's negligent to the point of being functionally evil.

Why the fuck would people ever feel pity for goblins enough to let them live?

If a fucking lion kills one person humans will hunt the everloving fuck out of it. Shit, we will hunt shit to almost extinction for the possibility of it killing our livestock. Why are people retarded around goblins? Literally KNOWN rapist murderers. The moment goblin tracks show up around a village they'd be organizing an extermination campaign.

>overconfidence

The shitty excuse of the edgelord writer
>>
>>61372643
It's just a popular premise overall.
We only think it something the japs use a lot because we pay attention to them more, and because they are usually using it for shonen or harem shit, which would make any normal writer with any sense to them gag.
>>
>>61368546
This series does that very well.
>>
>>61372659
Agreed, it felt like a weird push toward a plot development that didn't need to be there. I really don't want Laius to be some chosen hero because he's not cut out for it, and it makes it seem like him getting this far was fate rather than guts. I also didn't like how off-base other characters were acting, like Chilchack dropping his guard so easily around strangers and Senshi not being mad that food was being wasted.
>>
>>61372686

...

You win this one.
>>
>>61368571
Senshi confirmed to have led his fellow dwarves to their deaths by mistake.
>>
>>61372686
I mean you say that, but Log Horizon and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash are both Isekai that really buck those trends.
>>
>>61368599
Okay Laius isn't smart but he has some kind Lore: Monster skill coming out his ass. Max points. Max points available in the system, maybe.
>>
WHAT IF SENSHI IS ACTUALLY A REINCARNATION OF GUTS FROM BERSERK
>>
>>61372607
>Isekai (Japanese: 異世界) (lit. "different world") is a subgenre of Japanese fantasy light novels, manga, anime, and video games
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isekai
>>
>>61372159
>GS retard defend his crap in a dungeon meshi thread

Pathetic. But I already knew retards that like shit like this are worthlesses.
>>
>>61372705
I don't really think it's pushing a plot.
Laius doesn't really see himself as a hero of any kind, and in reality he just got a sword from some Living Armor.
He's also only really keen on simply talking to the Sorcerer, and has barely shown any need for violence when there doesn't need to be any. I simply think the villagers were mistaken.
If anything, it's building up to brownboy being something and Marcille being something.
>>
File: 1533875051205.jpg (165 KB, 567x875)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
I thought this would be part of the chapter, is there more?
>>
File: GB.jpg (394 KB, 1491x863)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>61372834
Not to my knoweldge, but this is a rough translation from an anon on /a/


"Summary: Laius asks a magic mirror what things would be like if he or the other party members were gender-bent.

>Laius: I couldn't be friends with Sureau, what's the difference between me and my sister?
>off-panel: I also like bugs and all...
>Marcille: Are you serious?
>Izutsumi: Your sex...

>Laius: I see!
>Laius: Oh, mirror, mirror, how would things be if I were a woman?

>Narrator: Magic mirror
>Narrator: [can't make out one of the kanji, so this might be wrong] The enchanted mirror shows the heart an image of a world with the desired "what-if" scenario.

>Narrator: You'd marry in your hometown and have a baby.
>Laius: Whoa...

>Laius: So basically, I never would have left my hometown...
>off-panel: This is terrible!
>Laius: Well then, how about if Sureau was the other sex?

>Laius: I wonder if things could get even worse...
>off-panel: What the hell is this..?

>Laius: Ok, what if Marcille and Farlin were gender-bent?!
>off-panel: Because I want to help him with his research I can't go on an adventure...
>circular inset: Izutsumi
>Laius: And what about Chilchak and Senshi?!
>off-panel: I'm sorry, but [can't make out the rest]
>shop sign: Momma's dungeon eatery
>fem!Kabru[?]: Ooh, he's such a nice chap...

>Laius: Is this all that happens?!
>Laius: Basically, this means..."
>>
>>61372834
Since the page on the right looks like from something complete different, I would say it's some extra in another magazine.
>>
>>61372880
It's probably one of the .5 chapters. Like Farlyn's birthday and some of the lore explanations.
>>
File: summer.jpg (18 KB, 238x318)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>61372686
>Isekai should just be a premise, but it's degenerated into following a series of terrible conventions and themes.

Eh, even the "I basically got cheat-powers and I am OP" series have a variety of premises, like running a pharmacy, raising a catgirl murderhobo, running a village as a farmer-lord-cook or the various brands of bloody revenge-plots.

Same goes for those build around abusing leveling mechanics and analyze-skills.

And even in the "I was reborn into the Otome game I was playing before I died and I´m the villianess oh shit"-series have a good variety, with some being straight up comedies and others delivering somewhat decent serial JA fiction. I´m unlikely to actually buy any of all of these, but I´ll gladly read them for free.
>>
>>61372643
Tovarisch, this dates back to Twain's Yankee, if not earlier.

Isekai is specific in a sense that it is defined by:
a) getting game-like abilities
b) appearing in game-like fantasy environment

It is not exploration of past/present.
It is not an attempt at historical revisionism.
It is power trip and exploration of vidya.

Also, there are definite "afterlife reward" overtones shaping up. It just needs a little push to become proper religion, with Good People going isekai, rather than to paradise.
>>
>>61372705
>it makes it seem like him getting this far was fate rather than guts
Not even the party believes in the prophecy and we already saw that the party pulled through majorly thanks to their skill. And they have been established as the dungeon veterans from Chapter 1.
>Senshi
Senshi isn't autistic and he is more concerned about villagers not being able to enjoy food, like he should be.
>Chilchack
The villagers already showed some concern for the party's safety, weren't acting shady and those ghosts could have killed them before they got to the village.
>>
Kender in Meshi when
>>
>>61372919
Not that anon, but I'm actually kind of pleasantly surprised that there wasn't anything malicious in that village.
>>
>>61372912
What does this definition make Tower of God?
>>
>>61372912
>a) getting game-like abilities
>b) appearing in game-like fantasy environment
Eh, I disagree. It is just the fact that too many Japs find it it too easy to go with game stats for a fantasy setting. Not like all of them do that. As far as I know, Re:Zero doesn't have them and that's Isekai (I didn't see or read it so feel free to prove me wrong). But then there's also Grimgar, that while has some form of an RPG game feeling with how people acquire skills, isn't in fact a game-like world.
>>
>>61372912
>game-like
>game-like
u wot, isekai is just getting shunted into a different world
>>
>>61368421
It's early?! Shhheeeeiiiittttt
>>
>>61368587
>>61368599
>>61368613
>>61368636
Marcille's getting even more obsessive over Farlyn than before. Even Lauis is finding it a bit much.

Also I don't remember any Griffon engravings in Boatmurdered that would give him this kind of reaction. Did Senshi end up in ANOTHER nightmare fortress after that one?
>>
File: YgS 0141.png (438 KB, 990x1400)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>61368533
>grabbing a young boy like that and asking him uncomfortable questions
The Mad Sorcerer is now a confirmed pervert and must be exterminated for that alone.
>>
>>61368558
>VIVA LAS VEGAS
>>
>>61371759

Goblin Slayer is written by a competent writer who knows POWER FANTASY AND VIOLENCE SELLS with teenagers. He's shamelessly cashing in on this while occasionally throwing in the shameless wink-wink nudge-nudge joke showing that the author is entirely aware of what he's doing.
>>
>>61373362
I prefer to believe in incompetence instead of malice when both would suffice as an explanation.
What are some of the wink-wink nudge-nudge jokes, out of curiosity? Besides the DnD 5e character sheet. Or the fact that the world is literally a table-top game the gods are playing (which is something he probably stole from somewhere, considering that it's hardly a unique idea).
>>
>>61372834
Oh, so Sureau is just hot for the strong Nordic race huh?
>>
>>61372870
>circular inset: Izutsumi
So she wants Marcille?
>>
>>61371668
>a perfect copy of the D&D 5e Character Sheet as the guild's "adventurer registration form."
I'm actually curious now, pics?
>>
>>61372870
Female Chilchak is cute

>>61372919
The villagers also made clear that they try to use the excess food by giving it to the orcs
>>
>>61372870

Mancille still Thorden-sexual and fuck are the elves in this setting the bomb

>femKabru gonna slit your throat and take your money, Laius
>>
>>61373460
No idea.
That Marcille is a boy though.
It's boy Farlyn with Boy Marcille.
>>
File: Discworld_gods.jpg (33 KB, 408x244)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>61373415
>which is something he probably stole from somewhere
Discworld, maybe?
>>
>>61373516
Obviously, but I remember this sort of thing being/being implied in other settings.
>>
>>61373362
Anon, please, if you think that GS is POWER FANTASY then I wonder if you know of other A-grade premium schlock the Japanese make. While some asshole gets some retardedly broken super power and sails comfortably through all "hardships" and gets everything he wants, GS struggles against fucking goblins and actually works for his success. You could say that seeing him murder goblins is satisfying and empowering so it's power fantasy, but it's not a BAD power fantasy. I still wish I could wipe some of the really shit stuff from memory.
>>
>>61372834
I assume this is the
>Harta did a little omake thing this issue and Kui Ryoko drew a page for it. We’ll be uploading that soon!
which EveryayHeroes scans spoke of.
>>
>>61373068
>>61373095
Since that's what everyone associates with the bad oversaturated 'isekai' genre, that's all anyone cares to recognize or remember. Additionally, it also feels like some people feel the real need to tack SAO into it, because it's the bad light novel everyone knows(TM). Just so happens we have Log Horizon and Overlord that sorta blurs the lines for them, so by focusing on the 'game-like' points they make it possible to lump everything they don't like into one word, that is 'isekai' and ignores what could and have been done under the true use of the word.
>>
>>61373588
>the Japanese make
Gonna correct myself and say *people make. I am super politically correct and terrible shit taste can be found in all corners of the Earth.
>>
>>61373588
Gonna second this. GS is barely even a Power Fantasy. He only kills goblins.That's not really something extremely fantastical about that other than his autism.
Nothing entirely glorifying over it either.
>>
>>61373481

Yeah, if you like fat dudes. I bet there's even a fine dusting of golden down beneath that choker. Fucking obese neckbeard.
>>
>>61373575
There are plenty of settings where the gods are said to play games with mortals as their pawns in a metaphorical sense, but Discworld is the only one I can think of where it's actually a kind of table-top game.
>>
>>61373617
>Since that's what everyone associates with the bad oversaturated 'isekai' genre
Well, that sounds like people using the term "milf" to describe someone hot and mature instead of hot and a mother or some Russian kids thinking that lol is a curse word and using it as such. I am that kind of an elitist that looks down on such people and their opinion on a term's meaning.
>>
>>61372870
>Marcille looks exactly the same
pottery
>>
>>61373276
He's a dorf, what did you expect.
>>
>>61373798

Marcille is even hotter. Only the elven male can pull off that sullen bitch look.
>>
>>61373276
Marcy sees Farlyn as he bestest friend and even her mentor.
Also Farlyn being the way she is is also her fault, so she's responsible for that. She'd rather get to her first than have someone else find her and kill her and also probably learn it was her work.
>>
>>61368623
>>61368636
YOU FUCKING CUNT
>>
>>61373009
Not isekai?


>>61373068
> Not like all of them do that.
Should we identify the rest as isekai?

> Grimgar
> isn't in fact a game-like world.
Why? They have orcs/goblins and the rest of fantasy monsters (with dungeons, IIRC), while adventurers do the stabification, no?


>>61373095
>u wot, isekai is just getting shunted into a different world
If we are talking about isekai as a genre, it cannot be defined by a mere "shunt". There are many ways "getting shunted" may be portrayed and used. Hence the necessity to define elements common to what is usually referred to as isekai.
>>
File: DD_ODW_176.jpg (279 KB, 1200x1698)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>61373894
The only consolation is that just as Goblins and WOLFS, Arisen, 'TIS WEAK TO FIRE!
>>
>>61373950
>read the wiki
>goblins aren't actually weak to neither fire nor ice
>>
>>61373936
>Why? They have orcs/goblins and the rest of fantasy monsters (with dungeons, IIRC), while adventurers do the stabification, no?
That's just standard fantasy stuff, there are no numbers or level up windows popping up anywhere and people can die from blood loss or a wound that isn't accompanied by an icon informing everyone that the character got a bad status effect. The show also goes out of the way to show that monsters are living beings too.
>>
>>61373950
>The final CG looks as good as the concept art
I wish Quina and Jewtits could say the same.
>>
File: 245189123478.png (424 KB, 1088x1005)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>61374073
They are still hot and Jewtits has custom-made boobs that are extra big. Way better than the Duchess.
>>
>>61370825
>>61370894
>>61372704
The official Yen Press English translation changed the Mad Sorceror's sex to a woman for some reason.
>>
>>61373894
>Loli
to the brine with it.

>>61374138
literally anything is better than the duchess
>>
>>61374146
What the legitimate fuck is wrong with Yen Press and them changing stupid shit?
What are the dumb names they game the characters again?
Laos, Marcilla, and Chilchuck? Fucking CHILCHUCK.
>>
>>61373936
>Why? They have orcs/goblins and the rest of fantasy monsters (with dungeons, IIRC), while adventurers do the stabification, no?

Dungeon Meshi confirmed a game-like world.
>>
>>61373415
>>61373516
>>61373575
>>61373715
IIRC the Harryhausen Jason and the Argonauts features the Greek Gods playing reality like a game of chess or some shit.
>>
File: 79.jpg (1.41 MB, 2488x3520)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>61374149
>literally anything is better than the duchess
True, only some unromanceables can beat her.
>>
>>61374183
i think they feel the need to differentiate themselves from the fan translations.
>>
>>61373415
I think it's somewhat unique that the gods sometimes conspire against eachother.
Sword Maiden exists as a loved character from the 'good' Goddess who believes the heroes are amazing people and all is pure, and what happened to SM via goblins was said to be the doing of the 'evil' God who acts like a dick-ass DM who dislike the idea of everything being pure and prefers realism.
It's essentially a scuff between that new guy who wants Mary-Sue characters and the DM with probably a sadistic side saying "no fuck you, you're playing my game".
>>
>>61372880
>>61373602
Oh well, I was expecting another Monster Tidbits. Still it's good to see them in an extra
>>
>>61374184
It literally is though, Dungeon Meshi was demonstrably based on a specific Wizardry game. I want to say 4?
>>
>>61374183
Like the other guy said, they're probably doing most of it to avoid copyright/just complaining issues with the scanlation. There's no reason for them to use clunky shit like "Lunatic Magician" otherwise. But as for the sex thing in particular, IIRC it was unclear in the Japanese original for a lot of the run and they probably just jumped the gun out of an SJW-ish desire for muh powrful wymyn.
>>
>>61374262
That shouldn't matter given they are being paid to translate this and are afraid to step on the toes of fan translations. Maybe it's something something Plagiarism?
Maybe it's a slippery slope. Maybe that's why Guts has like 4 different fucking names.
>Guts
>Gats
>Gutsu
>Gatsu

If I remember correctly the Scan group "Band of the Hawk" tried to push Gutsu as the official, which was retarded.
>>
>>61374321
I doubt it's for anything SJW. That would be the last thing I'd hope it would be if we're talking professional scanners here.
We'll know it when it bites them in the ass when/if the Sorcerer ever gets a reveal.

Though the way I see it
>Sorcerer = Male
>>
>>61372198
>>61372239
>>61372329
It's from chapter... 30? Somewhere around 29-32 anyway, it's the chapter after the red dragon battle where Farlyn gets out of bed, they follow her to the melted dragon and meet the Mad Sorceror for the first time, and the preserved boneless hams roll into the pool of dragon gunk.

>>61372411
>>61373276
>Lauis
For the love of God, his name is Laius! L A I U S. How long have you been making this mistake in these threads, you dyslexic fuck?
>>
>>61374345
Fan translations are not all that legal, Yen Press shouldn't give a single fuck about them. Most likely, they just suck. Or the translator had a ton of work, not a ton of pay and couldn't care less about the quality of his work.
>>
File: kek hat.jpg (48 KB, 471x382)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>mfw just got to the part where laius, sureau, and kabru meet up

These character interactions are priceless.
>>
>>61374373
>We'll know it when it bites them in the ass
I doubt it, I think they'll just stick to their guns on this one.

>Though the way I see it
>Sorcerer = Male
Yeah but they use Lunatic Magician in the official translation, and in the Japanese original script I don't think it's a gendered word?
>>
>>61374394
And to think people thought the manga was going downhill into un-needlessly grim territory.

>>61374431
Probably. Hell maybe they contacted the artist and asked if the Magician had a gender or not for the sake of the translation.
I'd like to think that translation works would ask some confirmation questions to the artists or writers for the sake of accuracy but who knows.
>>
>>61373950
That procreation method is actually rather interesting. I want to see it happen.
>>
>>61374149
>brining lolis

You are not fit to rival the dragon
>>
File: img000010.png (673 KB, 1133x1600)
673 KB
673 KB PNG
>>61374296
It is literally not. It draws some influence from Wizardry but that's it.
>I want to say 4?
Wrong, 1. And the only similarity is that there's a dungeon and a mad magic man living on the bottom of it. Resurrection works similar to the concept it in the entire Wizardry series (i.e. it can fail), but then again, there are differencies even here. Oh, yes, and there are Samurai and Ninja in both (but in DM they come from not-Japan).

Game-like world is a world where the character can literally see his stats (Str: 68 for example) and other stupid shit like that, not a world that has similarities with fantasy games. Many games have human characters but we don't call movies with humans game-like.
>>
File: 1458835398307.png (312 KB, 500x366)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>61371740
>Russo-Japanese war?

How many Russians had he deflowered?
>>
>>61373588
Did you forget where he kills a goblin champion, a goblin lord, and a beholder? None of those are actual weaklings. He also intimidates another champion and everyone in a crypt by sheer rage.
>>
File: dark magic.png (189 KB, 888x325)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
>>61374387
Oh yeah, that's when Marcille fights the sorcerer and goes momentarily insane with power.
>>
>>61374529
>that massive dick

Propaganda at its finest.
>>
>>61374579
It's true in a metaphorical geopolitical sense.
>>
>>61374296
You might as well say a novel based on a TRPG setting is game-like regardless of the content.

It's this some strange level of meta in trying to pin something as game-like for having popular fantasy tropes(that often was popularized because of games popularizing fantasy) when we all know the actual game part of Isekai that everyone tries to point at is the rampant use of video game mechanics as real world mechanics.
>>
>>61374596
Not even. An appropriate picture for that war would be the russian guy tearing himself open with a dragon dildo and the japanese soldier jerking over him as a final touch.
>>
>>61370626
fitting for an autistic hero.
>>
>>61374194
You're right, I completely forgot about that.
>>
>>61374540
>He reads GS
Look at this faggot
>>
>>61374295
Monster tidbits are extras included in the volume releases.
>>
>>61374832
So what if I read shit? Light novels are a guilty pleasure of mine.
>>
File: 1504445278555.png (548 KB, 1036x1500)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>61371665
Golden Kamui is for handsome men, not cute twinks.
>>
I found this chapter meh for Senshi, because he's been in the dungeon for years, and he routinely came in contact with ghosts, golems, and even orcs. He should know better than panicking. Especially since the room they're in looks laughably disadvantageous for a griffin.

But maybe his whole family got killed by one, I dunno.
>>
>>61374879
You're reading shit and my guilty pleasure is to laugh at you and the other retards with no tastes. Except that actually, I really have nothing to feel guilty about.
>>
>>61374893
There's obviously an emotional connection, considering he makes obvious mistakes even before running away. He even suggests cooking poisonous mushrooms.
>>
File: onlyhope.png (53 KB, 190x246)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>61374893
Someone mentioned earlier that Griffins like to guard gold, right?
So would that make dwarfs a natural enemy to them?
>>
>>61374913
We're both laughing anon, only difference is I get the joke.
>>
>>61374978
>Read GS
>Probably also read isekaishit as "guilty pleasure"
No, you don't get the joke anon. I'm not sure you can even read correctly.
>>
>>61372159
>Goblins is considered baby shit
In a recent chapter, an unchecked goblin infestation nearly wiped out the main human capital in the world. No. This has gone way past "giant rats in farmer bob's basement", this is a goblin apocalypse that's been ignored to the point that civilization is collapsing on itself. There are no "greater threats". You don't see some demon lord or whatever taking out all the surrounding villages and farmland. You don't see some necromancer obliterating half the capital city with his undead hordes. Goblins being low paid chump work doesn't make sense at this point.
>>
>>61375198

>new anon not nearly as invested

That is opposite of what is said, anon. There's a Demon Lord/King thing, there's big shit going on, these goblins are dogs of war tier and sourced the same.

>back to menshi and away from your hate-boner please
>>
>>61375198
Wasn't the Ogre a Demon Lord subordinate?
>>
>>61375198
>Goblins being low paid chump work doesn't make sense at this point.
that's probably what it's starting to lead up to, then.
>>
>>61375047
No, the joke is you care what I read enough to reply to me multiple times when we both agree the story is bad. Meanwhile I read what I want for whatever reason I want and with such rampant faggotry as when /a/ was invading over goblin slayer I wanted to know why it was bad. Got an answer and use it to tell people why it's bad instead of regurgitating incorrect assumptions made by non-readers
Also isekai hasn't been good since the 90s and very early 2000s no matter the medium.
>>
>>61375315
Tanya and no game no life are fun isekai
>>
File: 1523409373405.jpg (42 KB, 300x263)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>61371019
>>
>>61375315
>Ahah y-you replied
Yes, I'm sure you felt witty doing that observation. But keep telling yourself you're less retarded than the others GS retards because at least you know it's shit. Like half of them don't think so already.
>>
>>61375595
Not that anon, but what is the purpose of this argument if you know that already?
>>
>>61375595
>I'm sure you felt witty doing that observation
Do you? Because now I'm sure your not laughing with me anymore.

>>61375387
>no game no life
I found the siblings bland. In general I don't like how self aware isekai has become and I miss when it was about the journey rather than just showing off the MCs skills. Konosuba at least redeemed the genre by doing it right.
>>
>>61373276
Laius isn't tired by her obsessiveness because he doesn't care, he's tired because she's being hysterical about it as if they could do something when he's realized and resigned himself to the fact that the only way they could help Farlyn is with the book/sorcerer's authority, and maybe not even then.
Laius's autism doesn't let him get carried away about serious matters. It's the same way how he hardens the fuck up for big moments like the dragon battle.
>>
>>61375770
>let the dragon take his leg for a chance at the sweetspot

Dude has some mad CON
>>
>>61375315
Brutal Legend was decent.
>>
>>61374529
Considering the author clearly has a type? Many.
>>
>>61374579
It´s just a standard visual trope in porn of that period. Like shaved nether regions and eigh inch dicks are in current porn.
>>
>>61375920
Brutal Legend? The video game? That was a time travel story, not an isekai
>>
File: fugged.png (58 KB, 311x423)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>61372467
Don't like Anon, we're all here at least partially for the templates.
>>
>>61371539
>I bet you also like isekaishit.
Yes I do, ironically
>>
>>61374511
What's the sauce on that anon?
>>
>>61375920
I was kind of implying Japanese media some I think the west still gets it right. That being said I agree, Brutal legend was decent.

>>61376549
So is now and then, here and there Still counts as Isekai in my books.
>>
>>61376595
literally google image search
Narakunoadu
>>
>>61368430
This Is 4chan. We're all faggots.
>>
>>61376732
Army of Darkness is the best isekai.
>>
File: 51FfDxASpWL.jpg (45 KB, 313x500)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>61375315
>Also isekai hasn't been good since the 90s and very early 2000s no matter the medium.
It wasn't even good at the start anon
>>
>>
File: 1526158039491.png (719 KB, 606x850)
719 KB
719 KB PNG
>>
File: xUezqOu.jpg (963 KB, 2481x2811)
963 KB
963 KB JPG
>>
>>61377042
CUTE
>>
>>61376899
Is this a good book? The title alone seems interesting.
>>
>>61377147
It's no Huck Finn, but all of Twain's books are worth at least one read.
>>
>>61376899
Three Hearts and Three Lions is good.

>>61377147
>Is this a good book?
It's tolerable except for the tone shift.
>>
>>61377177
Maybe it's haram but I was never that big a fan of Huck. I'll give it a shot though, thank /lit/.
>>
File: 1525811942929.jpg (408 KB, 1609x2048)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>
>>61377208
It shows its age, but I still maintain that it's the finest novel ever written by an American. Also, fuck /lit/, I'm a well-rounded /a/.
>>
>>
>>61373095
>implying 90% of isekai doesn't take place in generic fantasyland with weird out of place videogame logic
>>
I want to fuck girlchak
>>
>>61374641
It's funny because it's accurate.
>>
File: Akbar Bird.jpg (28 KB, 417x515)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>tfw you had noticed something while rereading that you weren't sure anybody had pointed out before, and you were going to ask Meshi Thread next time, but now you've forgotten what it was
>>
>>
>>61377333
>Delicious in Dungeon
small ree
>>
>>61377333
Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! This game looks amazing! How dare it not exist.

>>61377399
That English title is actually on the Japanese volumes, put there by Kui herself, so any translator's hands are pretty much tied.
>>
File: mcob.jpg (110 KB, 355x369)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>61377465
>officially endorsed
I would have preferred "dungeon food" desu.
>>
>>61377465
>This game looks amazing! How dare it not exist.
Looks tediously grindy. Imagine having to find those recipes.
>>
>>61377531
Sounds like fun.
>>
>>61377531
Grinding-based games can be fun, so long as the grind has you making reasonably consistent progress, rather than just rolling the dice on random loot drops over and over.
>>
>>61377496
Dungeon Delicacy.
>>
>the comfiest series produces the comfiest fanart
This is logical, and I am pleased.
>>
File: 1358373130742.jpg (13 KB, 184x274)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>61377496
>delicious in dungeon
>d in d
>d&d
>>
>>61377672
Grinding RPGs are not fun. Especially ones where you loose progress for 'decisions' that weren't really decisions.
>>
>>61377716
>>
>>61377716
I get it, but it could be better.
>>
>>61377716
That would be an on-point reference if the manga weren't based on Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord.
>>
>>61377745
The fuck are you talking about? Sounds like you had a single bad experiance so therefore all games with 'grinding' in them are bad.
>>
File: pawn training.jpg (59 KB, 416x620)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>61377716
Sorry for /v/
>>
>>61377755
I was about to suggest that Ryoko Kui probably runs a game too, but then I realized that the manga looks exactly like the substitute-for-gaming product of a guy who can't find a group, what with the detailed maps and everything.

Point being, now I'm sad.
>>
>>61377833
I wonder how Jap games differ from ours.
>>
>>61368456
>>
>>61377844
(Contemporary) Japanese RPG's are very structured, with a clear beginning-middle-end cycle with a lot of front-loaded character creation, but relatively simple rules with D6's (as getting any other type of dice is a bit pricey in Japan).
Dungeon Meshi is very much the "Old Classic" of D&D Megadungeon-hood,
>>
>>61377919
Why is it more pricey? It's just plastic.
>>
>>61377716
I think I'd prefer the much less subtle but not fucking retarded-sounding Dungeons and Delicacies
>>
>>61377324
then read it again and then ask
>>
Choose your character.
>>
File: 1487132439435.png (177 KB, 697x768)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>61377745
it was quick as hell and easy in Golden Sun or Chrono Trigger, the hell are you on about?
>>
>>61378209
Second or Third Marcille.
>>
>>61377919
It was before my time, what is megadungeon-hood?
>>
>>61378216
>Golden Sun or Chrono Trigger
I definitely wouldn't consider these two to be grinding RPG's. Especially Chrono Trigger that had planned encounters for most of the game and doesn't require repeat fights to be at the right level for any particular boss.

Disgea is the poster child for grinding RPG. You're looking for that kind of game.

>>61377919
They do favor quick character generation through roll tables and class based systems where you mix them together to determine starting stats without much fuss.

To my knowledge this is because playing games at someones house isn't a common thing so meeting up at cons or the LGS is where players go, so one shots are the standard.
>>
>>61368558
just like my mindbreak timestop doujinshi!
>>
>>61378400
Imagine stopping time and petting Izutsumi for a thousand years in stopped time.
>>
>>61378185
Have you seen the post count lately? The thread will be dead before then and Anon will have to wait until October.
>>
File: 1515552820980.png (201 KB, 478x562)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>61378497
>page 5
it'll take at least 4 to 5 hours more before the threads dies unless the board has a surge of new threads, that's more than enough time to look through the series
>>
Suggestion: one of the threadstarter anons should post a Meshi Thread on September 15th, with omake or a recap or someting, for the purposes of deeper /tg/-ish discussion.
>>
File: 1497460120481.png (13 KB, 217x359)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>61378709
>implying I wouldn't make Meshi threads daily
>>
CUTE
>>
>>61378859
Its gonna be queen mercille soon.
>>
>>61378859
>728x1046
Where the fuck are you reading your shit?
>>
>>61378854
The entire point of posting specifically on the "release day" of a no-update month would be to prevent the awful effects of generaling. It would be like a normal thread except with no new chapter.
>>
>>61378859
Which Multiclass is best Less Modest Marcille?
>Ranger
>Druid
>Barbarian
>>
>>61378929
I only read manga on my phone
>>
>>61378929
>Where the fuck are you reading your shit?
Bantoto
>>
>>61378969
>I only eat shit
Whatever float your boat, faggot
>>
>>61368488
>Mad Sorcerer is male
DROPPED
>>
>>61379111
>only realizing this now
>>
>>61379208
All the previous translations I have read left the sorcerers gender suspiciously ambiguous. I wanted to believe.
>>
>>61379278
what is polymorph spell/potion
>>
>>61378996
why so mad tho
>>
>>61379278
>All the previous translations I have read left the sorcerers gender suspiciously ambiguous.
In fairness I think the original Japanese doesn't state it outright until like chapter 35 or something like that, so the EHS scanlation didn't go either way either. And as alluded to earlier in the thread, the official English translation actually fucks this up and assumes the sorceror is a girl.


I have to say, though, personally I thought it was obvious ever since the paintings chapter that the Mad Sorceror is a man, just from the role he plays in the painted scenarios.
>>
>>61379431
That anon probably just meant to go to the Pathfinder general and took a wrong turn. Disregard butthurt, enjoy Best Elf.
>>
>>61377833
>a guy
*a girl

>>61377919
>>61378034
They weren't manufactured locally when RPGs first spread to them and they were a very rare import.
It's not more pricey (anymore).
It's a legacy thing. They like tossing cubes because they're used to it.
>>
File: 1458094501921.png (123 KB, 243x498)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>61378958
>what is joke
>>61369561
>>61370844
>>61371248
>know knowing by now the release dates
there's also no releases on January, you've been forewarned
>>
>>61378965
Final Boss Marcille is the best one.
>>
File: 1497400643388.png (627 KB, 1264x952)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
>>61377919
>Dungeon Meshi is very much the "Old Classic" of D&D Megadungeon-hood,
Again, because it's based on Wizardry.
Wizardry is Japan's earliest exposure to Western Fantasy.
They got it even before D&D (which Wizardry was based on).

>>61378250
That is a long and complicated topic. Ask /osrg/.
The short version is, characters used to be game pieces first and foremost. They had characterization, but that wasn't 'the purpose' of the game.
No character arcs, a lot of roleplaying environmental iterations (the DM was initially called the Referee), a lot more running away than fighting, and the explicit game objective of 'enter a dungeon and retrieve money (points).'
And there was usually just one dungeon per campaign which was arbitrarily large (expanded between sessions as needed) and which the DM restocked with monsters as needed.
>>
>>61378859
>doki
I don't care if you want to ship them or not, that ball is officially in play.
>>
File: y.png (208 KB, 965x337)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
Do all elves have that wide-eyed crazy look?
>>
>>61379680
Only the sleep deprived ones.
>>
>>61379719
The only thing this elf is deprived of is her platonic heterosexual life partner.
>>
>>61378148
As another anon said, that was the version the author went with, and your name is a bit of a misnomer on account of there only being one dungeon. That, and Yen Press probably didn't want fucking Hasbro getting on them.
>>
>>61379740
>platonic heterosexual
Anon, I...
>>
I think I missed the last issues. Where can I read this?
>>
>>61379883
At your local manga website
MangaDex already has the recent chapter on it. that's where I read.
>>
>>61379921
>reading online
>>61379883
don't listen to this heathen, just download it directly from ehscans
>>
>>61379680
She was exhausted, and was outright panicking as well.
>>
>>61377614
>>61377531
If you want to waste time on food, vanillaware games are known for good looking food
>>
>>61380092
>implying I haven't beaten both Muramasa and Dragon's Crown.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1.86 MB, 2243x1622)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>61380092
And how.
>>
File: 1489536341999.jpg (209 KB, 397x795)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>61380092
>waste time on food
>>
>>61380092
how /tg/ is Dragon's Crown?
>>
>>61377716
Honestly I would have gone with some that flows better like "Dungeons and Dining"
>>
>>61380256
Possibly the closest you can get to a D&D game in a single player RPG. Groups are required to get past encounters. The only thing that sort of detracts from that is the climbing stuff but I'd love to find a way to make that shit apart of RPGs.
>>
>>61380144
Play Odin sphere
>>
>>61380372
Tried. I couldn't get into it.
>>
Goodbye! See you in October!
>>
>>61374540
While GS is busy dealing with those guys, some other guy can shit on anything in his book just thanks to the fact that he is the author's pet who wouldn't ever be put into a truly difficult situation.
>goblin champion
Is alive for now, almost killed GS.
>goblin lord
Almost killed GS, got ridden of only thanks to Priestess.
>beholder
Poor creature was hard programmed about protecting the room, allowing for something clever or videogame-like cheesing tactics.
I might have made it sound like GS is a weakling though he is not, but my point is that he is not retardedly powerful and actually had to work to get to where he is now.
>>
File: crimson shroud.jpg (142 KB, 800x401)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>61379645
sounds like Crimson Shroud
>>
>>>/a/176795787
>>>/a/176796338
>>>/a/176796592
>>
File: capcom052.jpg (1.1 MB, 2000x2662)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>61380256
It pays homage to Capcom's DnD beat-em-up, so very.

>>61380317
Isn't it more of a multiplayer experience?
>>
>>61380993
I want to woo that elf and that rogue.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (66 KB, 295x351)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>61380951
>>>/a/176783514
Laius I, King of the undead, Lord of the Kitchen
>>
I enjoyed this thread as always! Until next time, Meshibros!
>>
>page 11
nani




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.