[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Timely Escape Edition

>WarhammerTV Tip of the Day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpXcBcThNKU

>Rules Errata, FAQs, and Commentaries:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#!QqBkWByb!Uc39uN2gJ3CxsqaXf2mACDY2Y197BtFVCqvuKeOXm0o

>Audiobook Mega:
https://mega.nz/#F!OdUR3TTS!qnJTHcZEwv-KRiJOq4aRTA!OVsgDJJL

>Mathhammer:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M

>Previous Thread:
>>61362913
>>
First for Orks
>>
>>61370096
So I was mucking about and had a stupid idea and was wondering how daft this sounds as an army:

2k Imperial Fists Army:
>Primaris Captain w/ Master-crafted Auto Bolt Rifle, Power Sword, Armour Indomitus (Warlord Trait: Storm of Fire) 95
>Primaris Lieutenant w/ Master-crafted Auto Bolt Rifle, Bolt Pistol 74
>6 man Intercessor Squad w/ Bolt Rifles, Auxillary Grenade Launcher, Power Sword 113
>6 man Intercessor Squad w/ Bolt Rifles, Auxillary Grenade Launcher, Power Sword 113
>5 man Intercessor Squad w/ Bolt Rifles, Auxillary Grenade Launcher, Power Sword 95
>Redemptor Dreadnought w/ Macro Plasma Incenerator, Icarus Rocket Pod, 2x Storm bolter, Redemptor Fist, Onslaught Gatling Cannon 196
>5 man Hellblaster Squad w/ Plasma Incenerators 165
>5 man Hellblaster Squad w/ Plasma Incenerators 165
>Repulsor w/ Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin Lascannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 3x Storm Bolter, 2x Fragstorm Launchers 322
>Repulsor w/ Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin Lascannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 3x Storm Bolter, 2x Fragstorm Launchers 322
>Total: 1983

Basically the Captain and Lieutenant form a firebase with the Repulsors (possibly turning the Captain into a Chapter Master for more rerolls), and the Intercessors grab objectives to camp on, or protect the rear/flanks. The Hellblasters form a firebase with the Dreadnought to benefit from his Wisdom of Ancients rerolls when overcharging and basically the idea is to spam as much bullets as possible for a Primaris army.

Considering swapping out a Intercessor squad for Aggressors but figured I'd toss the idea out here to see what feedback I can get first.
>>
>>61370077
Vehicles only exploding on 6s made my old one eye charges much less dynamic, bland even
>>
>>61370122
Doesn't Old One Eye also explode on a 6?
>>
>>61370077
Tell me about "knights"

Can the human fight outside of the titan? Is he disciplined? Can you use him in TT because I see in OP's image there is a knight.
>>
>>61370094
soon™
>>
>>61370143
You can run him about making Zoidberg noises.
>>
>>61370122
>OOE charges tonk
>pops tonk
>tonk explodes
>OOE loses 3W -or- 33% of his health

Yup real dynamic there.
>>
>>61370134
Not anymore since he went down to 9 wounds

>they should change the character rule to only effect units with the <infantry> keyword
Change my mind
>>
>>61370146
Stop that
The previews will start next week after they're done with Titanicus
>>
>>61370162
I miss leaving wrecked vehicles on the table.
>>
>>61370143
he is a special character but they havent released his kit yet.

As for whether or not they can fight outside their knight? In lore they can, but they are usually only equipped with a pistol or some small weapon, space is tight inside the knights cockpit. But Canis Rex is the only unit/model that has the special rule in the knight codex (similar to the ultramarines tank commander).
>>
>>61370173
Maybe for space wolves

We still have rogue trader, house delaque, talons of the emperor and moonclan grots to get through before orks
>>
>>61370176
>I miss leaving wrecked vehicles on the table.
I do too. Leave rhinos in such a way we have mobile cover
>>
>>61370162
>3rd
>tank explodes like 90% of the time
>old one eye mostly unscathed
>consolidates into the next tank
>fucking kills it too
>these chained explosions have wiped 3 platoons of men
A simpler time
>>
File: 135691_md.jpg (58 KB, 800x482)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>61370183
Wish they'd bring back rules for escaped crew, those were fun to have around
>>
>>61370206
Not to mention it looked cool as fuck to have a spattering of vehicles thrown about the table with little home made smoke clouds coming out of them.
>>
File: holly gorightly.jpg (36 KB, 315x404)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
CORSAIRS WHEN
>>
>>61370143
Knights can most definitely fight outside of their titans, they are medieval knights. Knughtsblade by Andy Clark has Knights fighting orks outside of their mechs quite a lot.
>>
>>61370212

>4th

>Charge random building with dakkafexes and wreck them just to advance trough the battlefield quicker
>>
>>61370249

10 months ago in FW index
>>
>>61370249
Huron requires a certain quality from GW before he will allow them to make models. He's disappointed by the new resin.
>>
>Sisters coming out next year
>Major release of a secondary faction at the tail end of the edition
>It's GK all over again
>Will be OP as fuck when they came out
>Will be nerfed into oblivion in the following edition and be shit-tier for 10 years

Why even live?
>>
>>61370300
Then end it along with your wailing.
>>
>>61370272
We really need a building destroyed rule nowadays, especially with these FAQs making it impossible to charge units on ruins anymore
>>
>>61370156
>>61370183
>>61370268
Thanks fellas. Eventually I WILL get round to doing knights after I finish my current army... but just when you think your army is finished you discover you need to replace something.
>>
>>61370165
Sure, once Old One Eye, Daemon Princes, the Avatar and similar monster-characters all go up to 12 wounds each.
>>
>>61370300
>Will be OP as fuck when they came out
GKs and Necrons were designed with 6e in mind.
>Will be nerfed into oblivion in the following edition and be shit-tier for 10 years
GKs haven't been nerfed. Just ignored. It's why most of our models still have their 5e pricetag
>>
>>61370165
Sure, once all non-infantry characters gain some more wounds to make up for being shot first turn.

I mean if Ahriman has to lose the rule due to the disc he better be a fucking flying brick for it.
>>
>>61370143
Yes they train with swords and guns for use outside of their steeds

I’m fact Duncan had a great idea and uses one as his Tempestor Prime in kill team with guardsmen as his men at arms
>>
>>61370316
I wish for the day when I can flatten the entire battlefield.
>>
>>61370316
>We really need a building destroyed rule nowadays,
I USE DEATH GRIP ON THE RUINS
>>
File: 1512457932923.png (359 KB, 800x600)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>61370077
How is gw going to kill cp batteries?
>>
>>61370435
>knight misses all of its shots, almost fails his charge, then whiffs in melee, goes ape shit and starts punching some ruins to vent
Lel
>>
>>61370445

It's not
>>
>>61370445
Add a cap or change the amount of CP detachments give you.
>>
>>61370445
Make the detachment keyword limitation an army wide one
>>
File: 1514507165614.jpg (117 KB, 685x600)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>61370445
With faith and fury.
>>
>>61370445
Require your warlord to be from whichever faction takes up most of your points.
>>
>>61370445
>How is gw going to kill cp batteries
You're implying GW wants to kill CP batteries.

GW could double down on their retardation and declare CP batteries are intentional.

>I'd prefer if Warlords must be from the FACTION you spent the most points on.

>Also the more "pure" your list is the more CP you get:
>ULTRAMARINES only: +9
>ADEPTUS ASTARTES only: +5
>IMPERIUM: +1
>>
>>61370445
By taking AoS' mechanic of CP generation being turn based and not army based probably.
>>
>>61370489
I don't know, they seem to be testing different CP generation methods in AoS and KT, so it's possible that they'll bring something into the game to restrict CP spam in the future.
>>
>>61370489
>adeptus mechanicus with a admech allied knight
>literally the same codex
>+1 cp
Get fucked.
>>
>>61370523
>they seem to be testing different CP generation methods in AoS and KT,
True, but don't forget. AOS and 40K have significantly different ally mechanics.

And Soul Wars did nothing to make them more like 40Ks
>>
Daily remainder that based Khan will come back sooner than Russ.
>>
>>61370510
Tfw AoS has everything 40k has but better
>>
>>61370374
>GK haven’t been nerfed
We barely dodged the smite nerf only to turn around with another gun in our face in the form of the deep strike nerf. As well as most of our weapons losing their special bonuses like halberd +1 initiative, sword losing +1 invuln, psilencers losing wound daemons on 2+, losing the ability to master craft and get digital weapons, etc.
>>
>>61370537
>muh exceptions
Knight of the Cog:
Questor Mechanicus + AdMech count as +3 CP

Come on. Why didn't you bring up muh Inquisition?
>>
>>61370561
They started with a fairly similar one when 8th dropped (being largely AoS with a new coat of paint and more bullets), but true the allies mechanic has diverged quite a bit.

That said, it doesn't mean the allies mechanic for 40k can't change (again) in an 8.5 update.
>>
>>61370594
>inquisition
They don't have a unified codex yet. At some point gw will have to address them. As of right now though, admech/knights are both published.
>>
>>61370571
Because 40k 8th was testing stuff for AoS 2.0 and that is now testing stuff for 40k 9th or whatever it'll be called.
>>
>>61370622

Honestly I think they should go back and be split between deatwatch, sisters and GKs
>>
>>61370574
>cross army nerfs
Sorry. But that's new rules. That's like saying Rule of 1 nerfed Grey Knights.

Technically yes. But it wasn't a "Grey Knights can only cast 1 power"

Claiming Smite nerf / DS nerfs are Grey Knight specific is saying the new AP system is a GK nerf.

>, losing the ability to master craft and get digital weapons, etc.
GKs aren't the only ones to get dumbed down / lost upgrades. That's been every codex.

>psilencers losing wound daemons on 2+,
Psilencers went from Wound Daemons on 2+ to Force / Dd3

That's an upgrade if anything.
>>
>>61370445
5CP for battle forged
+4 for brigade
+2 for batallion
+1 others
Generate CP per turn according to warlord trait and relics
>>
>>61370645
I'd rather they just roll them all (gk, iq, sos, sob, etc) into one codex, but that won't happen so your way I guess.
>>
>>61370574
One thing that really I'd needed since we're adopting some 2nd ed style rules is all force weapons (including witchblades and singing spears) ignoring daemonic saves
>>
>>61370445
>How is gw going to kill cp batteries?
I'd like it if the Recover CP became
>Gain 1 CP at the start of [each/every other] of your turns

Steal CP become
>Gain 1 CP at the end of [each/every other] of your turns.
>>
>>61370445
Make people pay for detachments with cp rather than gaining cp from detachments.
All detachments cost 4 cp. You start with 1 cp for each 100pts.
A 2k list with 3 detachments cost 12cp and leaves you with 8.
You can bring your cp battery but you'll barely make back enough for it to pay for itself.
>>
>>61370672
>change grand strategist to "at the beginning of your turn, roll a d6, on a 5+ generate 1cp"
>change kurovs aquilla to "at the beginning of your opponents turn, roll a d6, on a 5+ generate 1cp"
And id prefer to make all of the big three detachments give the same number of cp, and just give more room for more units
[Spoiler]also limit it to 1 of the big three detachments per army, reduce all of the non focused slots in the support detachments to zero, and make a new troop one with 1-2 hq and 1-12 troops 0 everything else[/spoiler]
>playing custodes? Go with a patrol, you won't really have to worry about running out of space
>playing guard? Fuckit go with a brigade, you'll need the extra support slots
>>
>>61370705
>weapons ignoring armies save
Balance wise that's bonkers. Those weapons will need to go up 30pts at least.

Vs lesser Daemons? Sure. But GUO and LoCs cost around Imperial Knight. Are T7, 8 less wounds and only a 6+ Save
>>
Ok dudes - I'm looking to start a small Eldar force. Mostly just for painting and modelling's sake since they're a core element of the game and I've never been bothered with playing them. However, many of their models are regularly out of stock, out of scale and proportion or just not good, no pose-ability and in either metal or resin.

Anyone have any good ideas or sources for conversions? So much of their line is in Finecast and the weapon options all look pretty specific, which means it won't be as simple as swapping arms, gluing in a spare Plasma Gun or sticking greenstuff on MkVII
>>
File: dante.jpg (72 KB, 900x472)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Hype!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/10/9th-aug-adeptus-titanicus-miniatures-showcasegw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/
>>
>>61370856
Not much to do, that's why eldar conversions are rare.

Usually it'll be a bit of joint reposing or kitbashing.
>>
So I just finished collecting a list of latin words to use in naming my tanks, but I gotta ask how do you guys name your tanks?
>>
>>61370888
Meh.
>>
>>61370888
I mean it's cool and all but until they get around to releasing some Orky stuff I'm going to wait.
>>
>>61370843
Worked in 5th through 7th when bolters were AP 5 and tore up anything light.

Now they’re just a gentle breeze.
>>
>>61370468
*obstructs your trajectory of movement*
>>
>>61370959
>Worked in 5th through 7th when bolters were AP 5 and tore up anything light.

IIRC GKs didn't have ignore invul in 5e.

7e they had banishment spam to reduce to 6++. (So 1 cast). But sacrificed a spell to do it.
>>
File: alpharius.jpg (550 KB, 1000x1096)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
Why didn't he want Cawl to use traitor geneseed?
>>
File: images (22).jpg (17 KB, 443x332)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>61370888
I guess it's good, if you're into that sort of thing. But it would be difficult for me to care less.

I was really hoping for some exciting 40k stuff after all of the AOS crap, but here we are....
>>
>>61370994
Because it came from traitors.
>>
>>61370994
Reason why Blood Angles and Space Wolves are still mutated. The Primarch reflects on the soldiers do they might turn traitor even with Primaris powers.
>>
>>61370994
Risk prevention.

Also Cawl has the geneseed of the missing Primarchs, so not wanting those used (one being apparently tainted by mutation, the other ??? (double heresy likely)) due to the risk makes sense.
>>
>>61370994
The real question is why the fuck would Cawl want to use it in the first place?
>>
>>61371063
If you have the materials to make more soldiers, why not use it?
>>
>>61371063
Double your stock of soldiers.
>>
>>61371063
>why the fuck would Cawl want to use it in the first place?
>AdMech: No sense of Right or Wrong
>>
File: Helverin.png (221 KB, 470x484)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
Playing against Knight armies made me abandon the idea of building a Knight lance myself.
Knights are ok as superheavy auxiliaries, but they ruin the game when they're played as armies.
>>
>>61371063
Cawl makes a point that the Imperium is basically operating at half efficiency by not using all its resources.
>>
>>61371025
>The Primarch reflects on the soldiers do they might turn traitor even with Primaris powers
So what about all the traitors from loyalists that cropped up in the past 10,000 years?
>>
>>61371101
GW fucked up by not letting people run mini-knights as part of a valid army. You're only a Knight army if you run the big stuff.
>>
>>61371110
Guilliman makes a point that Chaos doesn't play by any rules that make sense. And doesn't want to start a Horus Heresy 2: Electric boogaloo
>>
>>61370445
Bring back old ally rules, can only bring allies in an ally detachment
>>
>>61371025
>The Primarch reflects on the soldiers do they might turn traitor even with Primaris powers.

No more likely than cursed founding, which are based on loyalist Primarch gene seed. There's nothing indicating a marine (based upon traitor gene seed), engineered in the 41st millennium with the copious amounts of indoctrination, would be any more mutated or treacherous than anything engineered in the 13th founding. Some legions were fairly untouched by mutation, like the Iron Warriors, Son of Horus, World Eaters, and Night Lords.

Traitor seed wasn't used out of stigma, nothing else.
>>
>>61371134
We already had that, it was the Badab War (though the Reign of Blood was a close second).

And that's not even counting the War of the Beast which fucked the Imperium nearly as hard as the Heresy did.

But yes, Guilliman is right, it's not safe to touch it because Chaos gives no fucks.
>>
>>61371182
Alpha legion gene seed is in fact purer and more stable than several loyalists, having lost no functions or attached no defects.
>>
I pray for a harlequin-style expansion of Ork Freebootaz
>>
>>61371207
And isn't Emperors Children Geneseed said to be the most pure of them all?
>>
>>61371182
Cursed Foundings range from potentially traitor geneseed, to tampered with Geneseed (likely more Primaris tests) to who knows what the fuck happened with the Black Dragons and Flame Falcons (I mean bone spikes and constantly being on fire respectively, what the fuck did Cawl do here?).

>>61371207
>living in the Eye of Terror
>having pure and stable geneseed with no mutation
Pick one.
>>
>>61371223
>codex supplements
No thanks
>>
>>61371233
Are harlequins a codex supplement?
>>
>>61371227
Just as pure as Ultramarines/Dark Angels.
>>
>>61371230
>I mean bone spikes and constantly being on fire respectively, what the fuck did Cawl do here?
Was not cawl he was busy with primaris, the cursed founding was a second effort to change the geneseed.
>>
>>61371230
>Geneseed stocks on Terra
>tainted by Eye of Terror
lol

>Alpha Legion reside in the Eye of Terror
[citation needed]
>>
>>61371230
>alpha legion
>living in the eye of terror
Pick one.
>>
>>61371223
What would free booters have over regular boys?
>>
>>61371230
>living in the Eye of Terror
They generally don't.
>>
>>61371238
Ostensibly, yes.
>>
>>61371242
Cawl could have been trying to fix geneseed mutations and used the founding as a field test, but still, how the fuck do you greenlight bone spikes and BEING ON FIRE?
>>
>>61370445
Remove CP from detachments entirely. You generate 1 CP per turn if you have a battleforged army, you generate an additional CP if every model in your army shares the same <CHAPTER/HIVE FLEET/REGIMENT/KLAN/CRAFTWORLD> keyword, you gain 1 CP per turn if your Warlord is alive. All "don't spend CP on X+" abilities or command traits are removed and are replaced with +1 starting CP.
>>
>>61371249
Sorry, thought you were talking about the Legion themselves, not the genestocks that are likely pure but likely linked to chaos via the transitive property of "fuck all your stuff" that it likes to play by.
>>
>>61371286
Those chapters predate cawls existence in lore.
>>
>>61371286
>Cawl could have been trying to fix geneseed mutations and used the founding as a field test,
That isn't what cawl needed to do, he had all the originals around in their purest form, he was working on making new organs and upgrading the purifying were not his main job.
>>
>>61371129
You missed the knight FAQ, didn't you?
>>
>>61371286
Wait, whose constantly on fire?
>>
>>61371326
The fire hawks, they were constantly on fire and purged by the inquisition.
>>
>>61371101
You play knights as a second army. Just like marines.
>>
>Cawl makes Primaris from traitor legion genestock
>Suddenly these new chapters are targeted by actual Traitor Legions for their fresh gene seed stock and the ability to clone them, with all the new Primaris traits as well

Wow gee guys, why can’t Cawl use Traitor Legion geneseed, it doesn’t make sense
>>
>>61370817
I think the net result of this is you don’t need cp batteries because everyone has a boatload of cp
>>
>>61371319
The one that talks about an example army? Or there is another that especially talk about detachments and cp
>>
>>61371326
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Flame_Falcons
>>
I'm working on a Necron list for the 3rd edition. Do you guys think that two units of three Destroyers and one unit of three Heavy Destroyers is enough in 1500 points?
>>
File: 1507846797825.jpg (121 KB, 623x414)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>61371348
>the traitor legions would not only have this info and be able to do anything with their manlet ways
>>
>>61371268
Grav pirate ships with huge plasma cannons

Power armored freeboota nobz with power cutlasses

looted/traded technology

Make them usable by every army as allies
>>
>>61371309
>Those chapters predate cawls existence in lore.
Yet Cawl helped the Emperor make Space Marines.

Thus Cawl has been in some basement on Mars most likely making Primaris Marines since the Heresy. Possibly before.

As for bone spikes. You can't be disarmed if your weapon is part of you.
>>
>>61371309
Yeah, but since he's in universe been around for 10k years, it's likely his fault somehow.

>>61371318
I admit you're right, but seeing as he wants to use traitor geneseed, he might have been looking for a way to purify it. That or it's his morbid curiosity acting up. I mean he did upgrade his own brain during the Heresy apparently.

>>61371319
Yup. Will go look now since I missed something it seems.

>>61371326
Fire Falcons. During combat they're covered in fire Legion of the Damned style and are one of the possible sources of the Legion.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (154 KB, 444x319)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>61371331
>>61371326
Flame Falcons

Fire Hawks are the ones that eventually became [REDACTED]
>>
>>61371368
Nova bombs
>>
>>61371366
Primaris only have 3 more organs (well 2 organs and some springs), so the basic geneseed should still work.

That or Primaris Traitors. I'm sure the Iron Warriors would be happy to be pure again.
>>
>>61371348
>Suddenly these new chapters are targeted by actual Traitor Legions for their fresh gene seed stock
I thought Traitors looted any killed Marine for sweet sweet Geneseed. Not caring who it originated from.
>>
>>61371376
That is stupid. Why would Cawl make more marines when the entire point of the crusade was to eliminate the need of marines in the first place
>>
>>61371407
Because Bobby G told him to do it.
>>
File: 1525127725653.jpg (21 KB, 174x208)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>61371348
>Suddenly these new chapters are targeted by actual Traitor Legions for their fresh gene seed stock and the ability to clone them, with all the new Primaris traits as well

That implies the methodology will change, which is risky and prone to mutation where the legions typically operate in the Eye of Terror. There's nothing stopping traitors from trying to clone loyalists and each other for the past 10,000 years, using fresh traitor genestock won't change shit as opposed to using fresh loyalist stock.
>>
>>61371406
Oh some do care, very much, they tend to revel in corrupting the gene-seed of pre-heresy rivals.
>>
>>61371389
40k has too many "fire/flame" chapters by the way. I was trying to look up the Flame Falcons and it took almost ten minutes to figure out which one it was due to the other stuff that kept popping up instead.

>>61371406
Yeah, but legions like the Iron Warriors would desire their own geneseed over all others (not to mention their insistence on becoming robots to avoid mutation likely would lead to them want fresh, taint free geneseed).

>>61371407
Because the Horus Heresy fucked everything up and the galaxy never stopped being at war requiring the Marines more than ever.

Hell it's so bad the Primaris Marines might be a reintroduction of Space Marine Legions organizationally.
>>
>>61371422
New geneseed that is more chaos resistant would mutate less. Which is what the Primaris geneseed is.
>>
>>61371407
>Why would Cawl make more marines when the entire point of the crusade was to eliminate the need of marines in the first place

>Ah geez Cawl. Half my brothers went evil and like two thirds the AdMech joined them. It will probably happen again. What are we to do?
>Bobby. Bobby, what if I made. New Marines, and didn't stop until you told me to.
>Ah Cawl, you're a genius. I just hope I don't get put into a coma for like 10,000 years.
>Yup Bobby, I'll keep making Marines until you tell me to stop.
>>
>>61371461
>New geneseed that is more chaos resistant would mutate less. Which is what the Primaris geneseed is.
The Chaos Legions typically aren't in a position to be picky, hence why they take what they can get.
>>
>>61371467
I thought he just made a shit ton and put them into storage.
>>
>>61371389
Legion of the Damned predate the Fire Hawks catching fire.
>>
>>61371447
Nothing compared to "Angels" (36)
>>
>>61371484
We have thousands of new geneseed sources all over the place, and a massive warp rift across the galaxy making raiding targets easier than ever. Stealing Primaris geneseed at this point should be assumed for some legions at least.

>>61371491
He may have automated the process and basically never turned it "off" for 10k years.
>>
>>61371491
He had to reverse engineer the geneseed first and then find a way to put the 2 new organs into it, not to mention inventing all the new weapons and armor.
>>
>>61371502
Wibbly wobbly timey whimey (which can be a canonical explanation because apparently the Doctor (and his twin hearts) is canon in 40k).

>>61371512
True. It was still a pain though.
>>
>>61371268
>>61371368
To expand more

>Plastic Kaptin
>First mate(lietenant equivalent, can take a banner, a power kutlass, or a Klaw)
>Support character with a giant barrel of grog on his back(can either light it on fire with his cigar to make it into a flamethrower, or spray it onto ork units to buff them)
>Flash gitz as troops
>Power armored flash git size unit with melee weapons, can be built as Kaptin's bodyguards
>Pirate themed grots as ammo grots, chaff, etc
>Flying ship, can either be a transport or have a huge gun on it
>Maybe even a jetbike unit, idk
>>
>>61371502
Warp fuckery.
Literally, like how the chaos gods once were not, then they were and had always been, and then another was who had then also always been.
>>
>>61371513
>We have thousands of new geneseed sources all over the place, and a massive warp rift across the galaxy making raiding targets easier than ever. Stealing Primaris geneseed at this point should be assumed for some legions at least.

K, so what exactly is the issue?
>>
>>61371447
>>61371467
The other guy said Cawl was making Primaris before the Heresy. Hence why it is stupid
>>
>>61371101
>ruin the game
How so?
>>
>>61371526
Much as I like Freebooters, that's thin as fuck, more like a warmahorde subfaction is anything.
>>
>>61371526
We just take what the kharadon overlords have and cover it in ork shit.
>>
>>61371519
Speaking of which, is it actually canon that some Primaris are actually Heresy era Marines? Because I kind of want to fluff it in my head that he may have taken the heavily injured from events like the Siege of Terra and the Iron Cage to work on (and test his new Furnace implant on).
>>
>>61371557
Well how many unit do harlequins have?
>>
>>61371544
I didn't have an issue, I was just saying stealing some geneseed based on your legion wouldn't be that hard in the current setting considering they've done massive raids for geneseed before.

>>61371546
Yeah, it's more like since the Scouring than the Heresy proper.
>>
>>61371557
Theres literally a precident with custodes and harlequins for expanding units into small armies

They dont need to be a stand alone army by themselves, but expanding them a little bit would be really cool
>>
>>61371356
It rewards people for bringing a single detachment. You try to cram as much as you can into a battalion or brigade. Best you can get is 16cp.

Most people will probably want 2 detachments however, so the average would be 12.
>>
>>61371587
There is a codex in the megas, go look it up.
>>
>>61371577
>is it actually canon that some Primaris are actually Heresy era Marines
Believe so.
>>
Why the fuck do people want female space marines so much
>>
>>61371577
It’s heavily implied but they’re rare, none of the named ones so far were anything past scouts at the time.

However we have word of god that old style marines can be made into primaris and obviously they would have had to test that on Heresy era marines, so by logical conclusion at least a few primaris are most likely 30k marines
>>
>>61371617
And now I'm writing head canon that my 4th Company Imperial Fist captain was secretly given over to Cawl after the Iron Cage where he nearly died as a squad sergeant, and he's awoken to find the legion broken, the Phalanx mostly empty and a bunch of twats in blue armour claiming they're superior because of an old book.

Basically I'm just going to headcannon that he's crusading it old school, like Dorn intended.
>>
>>61371286
The Flame Falcons were fine until somehow they went on fire. They got the greenlight before that. Admech didn't know about the fire until it happened.

Black Dragons also havr the benefit of being bigger motherfuckers, which was probably appreciated by the cogboys. THEN as the chapter lived, its culture developped and the marines realised that these bonegrowths could actually be used.
>>
>>61371649
Works for me. Makes the company officers stand out a bit more if they're old Legionaries (even if they were only scouts at the time).

Makes Bjorn barely the oldest marine still kicking about too, so maybe the wolves can shut up about that too.
>>
>>61371666
>after the Iron Cage
> because of an old book.

Remember, that the Iron Cage occured during the Codex shenanigans. So playing around with how shocked he is of how much influence the Codex had on Marines is a good direction to go.
>>
>>61371643
Sexy adventures obviously.
>>
>>61371054
>Cawl has the geneseed of the missing Primarchs,
Where do you think the Space Sharks and Mentor Legion came from?
>>
>>61371502
Because the Fire Hawks aren't the one catching fire you dumdum. Those are flame falcons.

And GW made it that the Fire Hawks (the original story for LotD) could still be the origin. But because of warp fuckery, they can still happen BEFORE their actual inception, in some kind of time paradox. Methinks it's cool. They're demons of the Emperor after all.
>>
>>61371643
Its just a loud couple weirdos
>>
>>61371699
It was at the end of the Scouring but before the Imperial Fists adopted the codex.

Basically his last memory is going through the legion wide pain glove treatment that was the Iron Cage.
>>
>>61371526
I would say let the Freebooters have Shantes.

They work like canticles where each one does a specific thing.
>>
>>61371649
>However we have word of god that old style marines can be made into primaris and obviously they would have had to test that on Heresy era marines, so by logical conclusion at least a few primaris are most likely 30k marines

No we fucking don't. IT WAS SAID ONE TIME IN A STREAM AND NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN. Good lord.
>>
>>
>>61371703
A Maori primarch would be cool. eating people to gain power.
>>
>>61371703
Space Sharks are Raven Guard successors somehow apparently (and have been around since the 2nd founding, and despite the cartilage mutation (seriously, wtf GW?) they have the same paling skin and black eyes of Raven Guard.

Mentor Legion seem like something that Guilliman would found honestly. Kind of like a living Codex to expand on his work and train others in its use.
>>
>>61371703
Terran Raven Guard exiles for the first and probably another UM descendant for the second.
>>
>>61371666
This is basically the fluff for my white scars primaris successor. The chapter master is heresy era and has shockingly little loyalty to the Imperium, immediately taking his chapter on a Carchadons tier exile hunt until the inquisition caught up with him and made him play ball.
>>
>>61371731
Pretty much.
>>
>>61371666
Marines can't be turned into Primaris. The primaris enhancements are among the first organs to be grafted.
>>
>>61371730
>WAS SAID ONE TIME IN A STREAM AND NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN. Good lord.

Are you implying we'll be getting new Primaris Main Characters and the Old MCs will go fuck off and die?
>Say goodbye to Dante who died fighting grots. This is Neo the Primaris Blood Angel Chapter Master
>>
>>61371730
>he doesn’t talk to devs at Warhammer world
Why does this make you mad, manlet
>>
>>61371754
>can’t be turned into primaris
Source
It’s three implants, one of which is a muscular replacement which can be done at any time
>>
File: Urban.png (181 KB, 600x387)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
>All those retards thinking old marines can be made into Primaris
You do realise you're wrong right? That was mentioned once in a stream, never to be heard of again.
>>
>>61371754
Marines can be upgraded to primaris, we just havent had any lore of current characters taking the upgrade because none of the manlets trust the chad upgrades.
>>
>>61371755
Primaris Cato Sicarius takes his rightful place as Chapter Master.
>>
>>61371771
>it was said directly on recorded video and said anecdotally by devs at events that they want to make primaris versions of existing marine characters
>but I don’t like it so I’ll say it’s not canon
The absolute state of /40kg/
>>
>>61371757
>>61371769
I'm not the one affirming something that ISN'T IN ANY BOOK whatsoever.

If old marines could be turned into Primaris we wouldn't have all the talks about the old guard being wary of being replaced ya dummies.
>>
>>61371781
>his rightful place as Chapter Master.
So long as Calgar starts a Heresy of his own.
>>
>>61371730
I know it was mentioned on the steam, I was just hoping it was made canon somewhere because it'd at least explain the officers, and why they so heavily copy the legions instead of chapter organization.

>>61371745
Sounds appropiately White Scar. I mean the Khan basically went "fuck you guys, I'm going to figure this shit out on my own because none of you fuckers are trust worthy right now" during the Heresy.

>>61371754
A healing organ, an implant that basically wraps the tendons and could be handed anytime, basically only the implant that makes you fucking huge might be a problem, but knowing Cawl he knows how to trick the body into another growth spurt through [s]heresy[/s] science!

That said, even a recruit from the Heresy era tithed over would have a drastically different view of the Imperium compared to what it is.

I'd imagine that Guilliman isn't the only one who woke up and wondered what the fuck happened.
>>
>>61371795
The ones being replaced are the ones refusing upgrades like the flesh tearers
>>
>>61371792
Sure, show me a source, and I'll agree.
>>
>>61370994
>Why didn't he want Cawl to use traitor geneseed?

Because GW needs somewhere to pull chaos chadmarines from
>>
>>61371781
You can already make him a Chapter Master thanks to a stratagem too.
>>
>>61371802
He’s too busy being supreme commander of Ultramar.
>>
>>61371802
Calgar could be sent on a crusade into the Eye of Terror because he's a fuck up who fucked up Guilliman's favorite sandbox.

>>61371795
If I recall, when it was mentioned in the stream it was risky, and many may not even know it's something that could be done to them.
>>
>>61371817
They could pull the shit that happened to the primarch babies with the traitor geneseed.
>>
FEMALE

ORKS
>>
>>61371809
>The ones being replaced are the ones refusing upgrades like the flesh tearers
Good.

The FT are hyper defective and a liability at best and Khorne Worshippers waiting to happen at worst.
>>
>>61371850

MALE

SISTERS
>>
>>61371643
People want a lot of stupid shit, and in this case they don't want it themselves, they just want it to be a thing that they can then not buy.
>>
>>61371855
They know they're hyper defective too, and are likely trying to go out like heroes before they devolve completely into villains. It's supposed to be a story of a chapter on a tragic path towards death or damnation and now we have Chad Marines fucking that up by being Flesh Tearers that aren't tragic monsters.

>>61371850
>implying there are male orks, much less that Orks have genitals despite being a race of fucking mushrooms
>>
>>61371808
For now it hasn't been mentionned anywhere apart from that one stream when Primaris were announced. Litterally the only time they talked about that. After that, nada.

I'm not against the possibility of it, on the contrary, I'd love new models of old sculpts. But until there's no written evidence of it being possible, I'll consider it off the table.
There were undoubtedly some of the recruits that were children at the time of heresy, like in Dark Imperium, one of the main characters distincly remembers the time of the Scouring, but he was a child, not a marine.

>>61371809
That's not what I'm saying ya silly goose. If it was indeed possible, we wouldn't hear about all the struggles of the Primaris to integrate or the old chapter masters lile Dante and Mephiston himself saying they're thr last oens of his kind.

If they could do so, don't you think they would have made an updated sculpt of at least a few of the old guard chapter masters by now? A new Calgar or a new dante, to launch the Primaris in glory.
>>
>>61371887
I was going to say "because fetishes" but that's probably true too.
>>
>>61371870
We already have those
>>
>>61371357
The latter. Basically you get ne normal amount of cp from a super heavy detachment which go up to 6 if you field at least 3 big boy within it
>>
>>61371890
Apparently the devs have mentioned wanting to Primaris characters during meet and greets at events, so it's not off the table, just not in BL's canon yet.

That said, how many new sculpts have we gotten in the time since the Primaris dropped? I mean we don't even have all the Primaris options (we know they have Techmarines because of the Repulsor gunner, but no Techmarine unit choice, and no regular Gravis Captain choice either), so how can they start rolling out named characters? Plus named character will take time to update and resculpt (fuck the Ultramarines and Space Wolves alone are a massive clusterfuck of characters without even touching the other chapters) and will likely only start rolling out in later codex updates (my guess is the 8.5 or 9th ed book will start adding in some Primaris versions for people to field instead of their old models, kind of like how they handle Calgar).
>>
>the local GW store manager who has worked there for 7 years is quitting
>he's the last awful store manager I've ever encountered running a GW store
:<
>>
File: size.jpg (56 KB, 640x311)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>61371366
>all traitors are manlets
*coughs in death guard*
*wheezes in rubric*
>>
>>61371984
>*Froths in WE*
>*moans in EC*
>>
>>61371888
There’s a reason why they’re called Hurty Bitz.

Plus if they have nothing down there, why do wild boys use loin cloths? Should just be butt ass naked.
>>
>>61371407
To be fair Marines we kind of intended to be a permanent fixture post crusade. Emps wasn't stupid enough to believe that vested interests and the dark powers wouldn't raise their ugly heads again
>>
>>61372009
Until they release new kits, you are relegated to the manlet pits I'm afraid.
>>
>>61372011
Genetically programmed modesty? Because they likely have a piss hole? Because the colors make them luckier?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.7 MB, 953x1500)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
Another hero turned renegade and traitor by high lord incompetence and bickering.

To hell with chaos and xenos, #1 threat to the imperium is the imperium.
>>
>>61372034
Knowing the big E he'd likely end up pulling a Primaris eventually anyways, if nothing else but to make them more compatible with the uplifted humanity he was trying to create.
>>
>>61372070
>Tfw they never expanded on the Astral Claws further

Shame
>>
>>61372092
Also another great colour scheme lost when they turned, replaced by the same shitty black n red trash everyone else wears too.
>>
>>61372092
Expanding the Astral Claws was part of the problem though....
>>
>>61371101

>Play 3 games at the weekend, buddy brings out his knight army for the first time
>first game he's against Chaos soup with Magnus
>only loses 1 Warglaive and tables the chaos player
>Next up he fights marines
>Loses his big shooty one and a Warglaive, tables his opponent
>Finally he faces IG
>Almost loses but pulls out a win in turn 7 through lucky cards (assassinate)
>I watch on in horror from the table next to him

Honestly they were unstoppable, I don't think he even took that much of an optimised list. His opponents weren't bad players either by any stretch
>>
>>61372082
Oh quite possibly. Particularly if more special interest marines became surplus to requirements, there's no point in having your new gendarmerie devolve into gribbly things if the only reason they're doing that is because you've tailored them to do a job that's no longer relevant
>>
>>61372146
you bring flyers or enough Anti-Armor and knights arent that bad.

problem is 8th has been a horde/infantry heavy edition and nobody wants to pay the points for lascannons and multi-melta's or missile launchers.
>>
>>61372060
Don’t need a piss hole if they’re plant people, they retain water.
>>
>>61372044

How do the plastic mark 3 compare to primaris? I've seen decent looking WE based out of mk3 armor, AoS bits, and FW helms.
>>
Why are you guys playing a game where the company is just out to get your money.
>>
>>61372184
It’s hard to make a jack of all trades list with all the metas being thrown around.

I’m betting the only way the IG guy almost won was because he had cheap ass battle cannons fire twice on his knights.
>>
>>61372184

That has to change quickly.
>>
>>61372240
Because obviously the other companies just want to give me stuff for free you silly twat.
>>
>>61372240
>Why are you guys playing a game where the company is just out to get your money.
Literally every game.
>>
>>61372240
>Why are you guys playing any commercially released game ever.
It's fun.
>>
>>61372240
Because that's what every game essentially is? A form of distraction exchanged for money.

I mean, unless you like playing with dirt or something.
>>
ok anons i'm taking the plunge and going to start an army of Spooky Boys

what paints will i need?
>>
>>61372273
Spooky ones.
>>
File: contemppc.jpg (23 KB, 367x373)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
I'm debating for this Relic Contemptor in my army. Currently he has a Chainfist and Kheres Assault Cannon, however I really like how the contemptor plasma cannon looks. Is it worth the extra 5 points? I'm at 1999/2000pts in my army as is, but I have 2 tactical marine sergeants using Storm Bolters, so if I remove those I can fit in the plasma cannon. But not sure of how the Kheres vs Plasma (and having 2 additional storm bolters on the field) even out.
>>
>>61372273
oh fuck wrong thread how do i delete
>>
>>61372252
Well it probably will in short order as dudes start packing more AT to deal with knights
and then get their shit pushed in by Orks and Nids
>>
>>61371525
>Dr Who being in 40k
Sauce plz
>>
>>61372184
Problem is not changed from 7th, you have to spend like half your budget on anti horde/superheavy/fliers weapons in order to have a chance vs either extreme.

So it's often just justy luck of the draw to face a army your have an advantage against, a generalist would have to rely on lucky objectives and turn 1 advantage to stay ahead till the game ends.
>>
>>61372293
Plasma cannon is pretty poop compared to your other options honestly
>>
>>61372295
You've got little dots next to Anonymous on your post. Click on those.
>>
File: 40k-doctor.jpg (60 KB, 418x385)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>61372309
RT rulebook.
>>
>>61372293
Take a Claw arm (not the fist arm for the contemptor) and it comes with a plasma blast cannon. Leave the other armor as the Kheres and consider taking a cyclone launcher (its 50 points, but well worth it since relic contemptors have an invul save).
>>
>>61372336
Ordo Chronos used to chase him and his blue box too (until they went missing).
>>
>>61372298
Kinda hard for orks when your main advantage is having a shit ton of boys, especially in small games.

I couldn’t even take on one knight because any time I shot at it with tankbusters he would just up its invulnerable save.
>>
>>61372320
I was wondering about that. Plasma is D3 shots at the same strength and damage as the Kheres' 6 shots, unless overcharged (with the risks entailed). But damn it's nice looking.

>>61372346
Man, cyclone + plasma blastgun would be 55pts more for this dude. I have literally 1 point to work with. And I take it you mean the claw arm as the actual model (since 40k has no 'claw' weapon option)? Definitely using the Chainfist as the melee weapon to open shit up.

However, I also really like the look of the contemptor Heavy Bolter, and that saves some points... and with cyclone launcher & plasma blastgun I may not need those 2 points of strength that the kheres has...
>>
>>61370445
Warlord must belong to biggest detachment, or CP on a per-detachment basis (unlikely).
>>
Why does the tac kit only come with a shitty missile launcher that costs the same as two and a half heavy bolters? Seriously the downgrade from Lascannon to Krak is supposed to be justified by 'flexibility' in an edition where splitfire exists?
>>
File: L07A2554-130412-01.jpg (45 KB, 1024x446)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>61372375
Fuck the police.
>>
>>61372412
>Warlord must belong to biggest detachment, or CP on a per-detachment basis (unlikely).
Per Faction. Otherwise a LOW can't be a Walord as odds are good you spent more on your Batallion than Guiliman
>>
>>61372426
>Seriously the downgrade from Lascannon to Krak is supposed to be justified by 'flexibility' in an edition where splitfire exists?

Flak Missile is a godly stratagem.
>>
>>61372426
I think it’s mostly because you can use a special strat all for your missile launcher to give d3 mortal wounds to a flier. If you manage to hit it.
>>
>>61370413
Battlefield 5. Looks like it all comes down.
>>
>>61371587
>>
>>61371781
Calgar is already a snippy comment from Guilliman away from starting a new Badab, I'm down for it.
>>
Hey guys, been deployed and out of the loop for the last 12+ months. Can anyone summarize the big things that have gone down in 40K?

I'm a Genestealer Cults/IG player if there's anything specific to those factions as well.
>>
Are Plague Drones any good? I'm toying with an idea of a daemons-only 1000pts army and I'm torn between Nurgle and Khorne. My budget is quite tight so I can afford 3 start collecting boxes or the price equivalent.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Daemons) [49 PL, 983pts] ++
Chaos Allegiance: Nurgle

+ HQ +
Daemon Prince of Chaos [9 PL, 189pts]: Horn of Nurgle's Rot, Malefic talon, Virulent Touch, Warlord, Warp bolter, Wings
Nurgle: Nurgle's Rot
Poxbringer [4 PL, 70pts]

+ Troops +
Nurglings [3 PL, 54pts]: 3x Nurgling Swarms
Nurglings [3 PL, 54pts]: 3x Nurgling Swarms
Plaguebearers [12 PL, 235pts]: Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos, 29x Plaguebearer, Plagueridden

+ Fast Attack +
Plague Drones [6 PL, 127pts]: Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos, 2x Plague Drone, Plaguebringer
Plague Drones [6 PL, 127pts]: Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos, 2x Plague Drone, Plaguebringer
>>
>>61372401
This arm https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Contemptor-Pattern-Close-Combat-Arm-Claw
Comes with plasma blast gun or grav gun.

The other arm (which is the 'fist' arm) has a storm bolter and flamer I think.

You could always magnetize it. I magnetized my cyclone launcher. 50 points is steep, but its made it all the worthwhile since relic contemptors have 2+ BS. Plasma blastgun is good for popping light vehicles or adding an extra wound on something, and the kheres assault cannon is good on pretty much anything that isnt titanic or super monstrous creature
>>
>>61372539
8th edition happened.
>>
>>61372552
>The other arm (which is the 'fist' arm) has a storm bolter and flamer I think.
There's actually 3 arms. Claw arm, fist arm, and chainfist arm. Chainfist arm comes with melta and grav gun. Guess I'll just buy both the chainfist and the claw so I can use both sets of parts.

May go heavy bolter + cyclone + chainfist w/plasma blastgun. If I swap out my scouts from being full sniper rifles + camo to stock bolters that saves up enough points that the list works (and there's no way those sniper scouts would put out as much work as an upgraded relic contemptor).
>>
File: 1528998779748.jpg (216 KB, 836x955)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>Bring my Kriegers to my LGS for the first time
>Play two games
>1st vs Knights, 2nd vs waac Chaos soup
>Lose both times

At least they fared decently against both. Hope the next time I'll face normal armies.
>>
>>61371268
More subfactions means more opportunities to dip into faction bonuses/strategems/relics. Like the cool kids do.
>>
>>61372618
I thought soup was the norm though?
>>
>>61372606
That was 12 months ago? I was still here for the beginning of 8th, the indexes, and I think the first few codexes. I remember the general changes to the rules and can pick up the rest

Have any new factions been introduced, models, expansions, etc? Any major lore changes since Guilliman?
>>
>>61372618
how'd you run your kriegboys?
>>
>>61372547
Drones are good because Nurgle is slow as shit without the right heralds. I’d invest in getting a GUO just because they’re big, ugly, and have a bell that adds lost models to your units.
>>
>>61372633
If you believe everything you read here, you'll think everyone is a WAACfag playing guardspam.
Protip: a ridiculously small portion of the posters actually olay and really knox the game here.
>>
>>61372654
June was the 1 year date for 8th. We're down to Sisters in 2019, Orks and Space Wolves this year, and likely GSC too.

Only things left after that that need updates are Inquisition and Sisters of Silence (aka Astra Telepathica).
>>
File: IMG_20180529_230932-01.jpg (520 KB, 1366x1081)
520 KB
520 KB JPG
>>61371268
Style.
>>
>>61372654
Nothing major for lore at the moment (outside of a couple BL novels set in the "now").
>>
>>61372633
Yeah, but that was some nasty soup. It was a 1500pts army with 60 plaguebearers, 30 pink horrors, Ahriman and 2 thousand sons daemon princes, plus a handful of small daemon HQs and a unit of Nurglings. All of it was arranged so that all units benefitted from their bonuses (nurgle batalion, thousand sons supreme command, tzeentch daemons patrol).
>>
>>61372692
And gold teef.
>>
>>61372690
>Sisters of Silence

Will remain as a FW army because they didnt sell like Custodes, FW is already working on new units with rules for 40k in the Talons of the Emperor Imperial Armor.
>>
>>61372611
Oh looks like I misremembered how many points Scouts are when stock. Still 10 points to shave off somewhere. Damnit. Or I could just drop my honour guard, but I'd rather not.
>>
>>61372611
Well chainfist arm is its own unique weapon, I was just distinguishing between the 'fist' arm and the 'claw' arm.

thats one of the great things about contemptors, they are so much more viable because they have so many options to fit your playstyle. There literally isnt a bad way to build one.
>>
>>61372735
They were priced at the same cost as Sisters of Battle for less options. No shit they didn't sell.

I think it's more the studio needs to figure out how to expand them into a real army on their own right beyond the one unit with two builds we currently have.
>>
File: 1519154464990.jpg (86 KB, 442x750)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>61372666
1500pts Brigade.
1 Marshal, 1 Officer, 1 Squadron Leader for HQ
5 Infantry squads and 1 squad of 5 Grenadiers for troops
1 Commissar, 1 command squad, 1 command squadron for Elites
1 Hellhound, 2 squadrons of 5 death riders for fast attack
2 Leman Russes, 1 Basilisk and a pair of heavy mortars for heavy support.

It was a generally fluffy list. Next time I think i'll be a bit more spicy. Take away the heavy mortars, which are shit, and replace them with a heavy weapon squad with normal mortars. Make one of the Russes a tank commander, and add Greyfax to the army. -1 CP to add that bitch isn't expensive when you start with 15 CP.
>>
>>61372215
They are roughly the same size as normal manlets afaik, maybe a bit less squatted, but not primaris scale.
>>
File: 1528295137804.jpg (4.41 MB, 3348x2388)
4.41 MB
4.41 MB JPG
>>61372692
I hope the new ork codex is at least decent so it can motivate me to make a highly scratchbuilt ork army like i've always dreamed of.
>>
>>61372690
>>61372709
Thanks! Sad to hear GSC haven't had an update yet but good to know I'll be ready when they do. It looks like quite a few novels have come out from BL. On a quick glance it doesn't look like any are Tyranid/GSC centric. Are there any?
>>
>>61372829
Not that I can think of at the moment, but then again I missed like 6 months of stuff and have been slowly catching up myself.
>>
>>61372823
I just want boom guns back. No idea why they took them out, but having some long range guns that hit like a brick would be welcomed.

Make them 2d6 (3d6 if more than 10) strength 8 ap -3 and d3.

I want this thing to fuck shit up.
>>
File: CarabCullntheRisen01.jpg (126 KB, 920x950)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
*block your path*
>>
>>61372829

I think they just released a audiobook with the flesh tearers v. Nids. Also, Ghost Warrior had a craftworld that was taken over by a GSC.
>>
>>61372815

Damn. I've really been wanting to slowly start building a WE force but, I guess I'll wait until they get an update.
>>
File: 1493602327295.jpg (43 KB, 493x449)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>61372808
Legit FW?
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (154 KB, 800x800)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>61372961
*blocks your path*
>>
File: 1356628403815.jpg (33 KB, 433x380)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
During a recent game, my opponent claimed that, unlike ranged weapons, psychic powers could target enemy characters even if they aren't the closest enemy unit. Is that right ?
The power in question was worded that way : "Pick an enemy unit within 24" ".
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (252 KB, 800x800)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>61373019
*becomes the path*
>>
File: 1508954047636.jpg (184 KB, 1084x1181)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>61373006
Everything except the Grenadiers, which I got on ebay. They're probably recasts.
>>
>>61373036
The character rule only prevents targeting in the shooting phase, so he's right.
>>
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
File: image.jpg (582 KB, 1936x1357)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>61372980
definitely wait.

mk 3 is tiny. especially considering death guard, rubric marines, primaris, even deathwatch veterans tower over them.
>>
>>61371599
i like it anon. would punish people who bring random crap to games
>>
>>61373075
Humanity.
>>
>>61373075
The Star Phantoms for letting Huron escape.
>>
>>61372961
>>61373019
>>61373045
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY TIMES I'VE REBUILT THIS PATH BECAUSE OF YOU FUCKS?
>>
File: 1520818222432.jpg (82 KB, 720x920)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>61373075
>Who was in the wrong here?
Minotaurs are always in the wrong.
Astral Claws for fucking everything up in the first place.
Lamenters for getting caught up in it and it leading to the near extinction of their chapter.

And Exorcists because why the fuck not.
>>
File: 1517187346955.png (162 KB, 552x560)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>61373075
I don't really care but this image is a prime example of the Minotaurs' aesthetic supremacry over the other FW donut steel Marines.
>>
>>61373127
I think we just found Dorn.
>>
>>61373075
Why are the Salamanders there, is that all of their chapters?
>>
>>61373137
Exorcists are basically the Inquisition's anti-daemon attack dogs, so let's roll the Inquisition in there too.

And the Lamenters just wanted some good bros who could sympathize with their plight. Sadly they got fucking Huron instead.
>>
>>61373076

Whoa. Thanks for the side by side. That confirms it. Now I'll have to see how the dark vengeance chosen stack up. Thought about picking them up as HQ type guys
>>
Why do chaos players not use this bad boy? His guns and melee easily rival (are better than) knights.
>>
>>61373177
Badab War participation.
>>
>>61373177
They fought in the war, this is all the chapters that fought in the badab war.
>>
>>61373075
High lords, which also includes their sick-puppets the Minotards because they are just universally shit
>>
File: 1470377917283.jpg (7 KB, 224x218)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>61373196
>FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS
>>
>>61373196
Were you in acoma during 7th?
"Chaos Space Marine" lists tended towards 1 sorcerer, 20 cultists and then all the brass scorpions they could fit.
>>
>>61373196
The cost. I mean I don't even play Khorne and I want one, but not at that fucking price.
>>
>>61373232
You can get him for 30 from china
>>
>>61373188
That particular side by side is misleading, 25mm base vs 32mm base does make a noticeable difference in height.
>>
>>61373045
These things are disgustingly good. Everyone should take 3.
>>
File: DSC02029.jpg (2.3 MB, 2592x1944)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>61373137
>exorcists being in the wrong
[Purgation squad deployed]
>>
File: 2266008-haz2v.jpg (64 KB, 720x480)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>61373248
>CANCER
>>
>>61373036
Opponent was correct. Fun fact: ctan shards also work this way.
>>
>>61373283
Are the Exorcists used when they can’t get any Grey Knights?
>>
>>61373271
The bases are the same thicknesses just different widths.
>>
>>61373300
More like used more akin to how the Deathwatch is used, only for Daemons. Or where there might be Daemons.

There are more Exorcists than Grey Knights too due to them having 3 scout companies instead of 1 (giving them 12 companies total).
>>
>>61373075
>why won't dad let me build a legion?
>fuck you dad I'm gonna build a legion anyways
>what do you mean I can't build an imperium secundus lite?
>fuck you dad I'm going to worship chaos now
Huron was, and still is, a tool
>>
>>61373288
>believing the cancer meme
>>
>>61373300
There are also the Red Hunters who are more like a chapter of Inquisitional Astartes retinues.
>>
>>61373311
Have you ever put an empty 25mm base next to a empty 32mm base?
Whatmore that DG was on one of the weird ass textured bases.
>>
>>61373075
>hurr durr we're siding with traitors because our chapter's promises to other chapters are more important than loyalty to the Emperor
The Astral Claws and all who sided with them of course.
>>
>>61373300
exorcists are like regular marines who happen to be good at fighting daemons through virtue of being possessed by daemons and exorcised whilst a scout marine, none of them are psykers like GK. hinted big =I= ties but not sure how far the involvement goes.
3 scout companies due to aforementioned possession fucking them over, scouts have to exorcise the daemon by pure force of will
>>
>>61373232
Is that the only reason? People easily spend over that on their armies.

Especially given competitive lists going to tournaments with prizes.
>>
>>61373351
I have. 25mm, 32mm and 40mm are the same height, or so close it doesn't make up that near extra head of height of difference.
>>
>>61373379
They also are near invisible to daemons because of it (likely having most of your soul eaten making you little more than a human with a Tau sized warp signature).
>>
what are the colours for the Fists Exemplar? I cant find any information or pictures online.
>>
>>61373382
500 dollars on a full army? Sure. 500 on a single unit you'll only play in Apoc (maybe)? Not so much.

Plus some tournies don't allow FW.
>>
File: Im simmering with rage.jpg (109 KB, 300x444)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>61373283
>>61373300
The inquisition sends the Exorcist instead of sending the Grey Knights, and the Exorcists usually suffer pretty high casualty rates because of it.
Exorcists are in the wrong because they occupy the same space as the Relictors (being the bitch chapter of the inquisition) but dont get purged for being the bitch chapter of the inquisition. (Storm Wardens should get the same punishment too, because fuck the inquisition over extending their dominance on marine chapters when they already have the fucking Minotaurs, Grey Knights and DeathWatch).

Thats why Fuck the Exorcist I personally dont have anything against the chapter itself. I just hate how the Inquisition will go out of their way to fuck over some chapters while other could fucking kill a GK strike team and suffer no fucking consequences
>>
>>61373409
The best color: choose your own.
>>
>>61373409
Bare ceramite often with a oily sheen from their native worlds promethium fumes.
>>
>>61373232
>>61373425

They're 160 eurobucks you retards.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Great-Brass-Scorpion
>>
>>61373436
The Inquistion has a few lap dogs.
>Exorcists
>Red Hunters
>Relictors (sort of. they teamed up with a radical inquisitor, but they didn't stay under his command for an extended period of time)

>>61373457
>160GBP
>Eurobucks
Get your currency right. And that's still around $320 USD.
>>
>>61373457
>>61373476
you can convert a brilliant one from 2 defiler kits.
>>
>>61373436
Minotaurs are High Lords not the Inquisition, Relictors were just bffs with an inquisitor.
>>
>>61373499
I've seen that conversion back during I want to say 5th edition?

That said, I'm too busy painting my yellow Marines to make that conversion.

I need to get back to my Thousand Sons at some point too.
>>
File: 1527174539423.jpg (75 KB, 851x853)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>61373476
You didnt list them all
>Grey Knights
>Red Hunters
>Relictors (after the Inquisition uses them, they purge them, this has happened twice)
>Exorcists
>Minotaurs
>Storm Wardens (from Inquisitor - Martyr)
>Death Watch
>>
>>61373476
>And that's still around $320 USD

Conversion from GBP to USD is 1.28.

204 dollars. So well under half the considered cost. That's well within normal range for powerful 40k units/army centerpieces.

So why don't people use it again? Is FW THAT ostracized?
>>
>>61373533
Grey Knights aren't under the Inquisition as much as they're monitored by it and will work with them when the demand dictates. Same for the Death Watch. Heck, even the Sisters moved out from being directly under the Inquisition.

Seems like GW is trying to break up the Inquisition stuff a bit.

Minotaurs are High Lords of Terra run, not the Inquisition.

And the Relicitors worked with a Radical Inquisitor, learned the magic of using Chaos against itself and then the inquisitor they were working with was busted by a Puritan Inquisitor who censored the chapter. They were declared Renegade in the old 13th Black Crusade, but that was retconned so they're loyal again (if not still sketchy).

So no, I got them all.
>>
>>61373538
FW can be in high level competetive metas. Plus why spend over $200 (plus shipping from the UK which gets there....eventually) on a single model when you can spend less to run whole units in less fragile plastic?
>>
>>61373538
It depends on exchange rates, and dont forget shipping costs aint cheap either. (for australians, the price can be nearly double on both accounts)
>>
>>61373538
It's 650pts. You can almost get two Knight Gallants for that price.

It's an too many eggs in a basket.
>Also GW cranks up the point cost on FW shit by a ridiculous amount at the drop of a hat.
>If Brass Scorpions started appearing in tournament lists they'd be bumped up to 888 pts because muh Khorne
>>
is this a good starter set?
>>
>>61373610
I mean, mostly because it's stats and loadout can chew threw almost anything.... especially with stratagems.

That seems better than 3 squads of noise marines, or dare I say it obliterators.

>>61373615

Okay let's say cost wasn't a factor. You can build your dream army for free.

Would people take it?
>>
>>61373666
>>
>>61373672
Due to how GW treats FW stuff, probably not outside of more casual play.
>>
>>61373592
>They were declared Renegade in the old 13th Black Crusade, but that was retconned so they're loyal again (if not still sketchy).
After the retcon, they teamed up with another inquisitor, and got busted down again by the inquisition. which is why I stated it happened twice.

>Minotaurs are High Lords of Terra run, not the Inquisition.
True, but they have inquisitorial authority. which is why they could literally nuke a fucking GK strike team from orbit an board then destroy a GK strike cruiser and suffer no consequences.

GK are still under the inquisition. Even if they are considered their own thing, they still fall under the inquisition after breaking off in 5th edition.

Red Hunters, Exorcists, Storm Wardens and Deathwatch are all Inquisitorial space marine chapters.
>>
File: brass scorpion.pdf (585 KB, PDF)
585 KB
585 KB PDF
>>61373538
It's 625 points for it. I still think it's a fantastic looking model and has a solid profile, but a knight is more points efficient I think and chaos's strengths are more with their infantry.
>>
>>61373684
>>61373666
You can get the very same drill with 10 different size drills pieces for $3-4 on aliexpress iirc
>>
>>61373702
Minotaurs by that measure are less run by Inquisitors are are closer to being Inquisitors.

And the entirety of the Imperium is "under" the Inquisition. Doesn't mean the chapters directly serve them all the time.
>>
File: Dawn_Blade.jpg (60 KB, 754x171)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Who built it?
>>
>>61373666
depends what price you are budgeted for
how much does all that cost?
>>
File: ImpHierarchy.png (438 KB, 690x481)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>61373762
>And the entirety of the Imperium is "under" the Inquisition. Doesn't mean the chapters directly serve them all the time.
False.
The Inquisition exists "outside" the Imperium.
There is no one "under" the Inquisition.
>>
>>61373704
>>61373642
Hmm. I see. Strategic sentiment sounds like 2 mediums are better than 1 large?

Maybe I'm just fucking buttfrustrated st the knight meme and want cooler LoW units for Chaos.
>>
>>61373795
Post-ET Sigmar
>>
>>61373804
That's effectively a chain of command picture, not a "whose in the Imperium" picture you git.
>>
File: 1511909383037.png (292 KB, 568x394)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
>>61373795
>>
File: 1530108097489.gif (126 KB, 481x481)
126 KB
126 KB GIF
>>61373815
Get a Kytan then. He is pretty awesome
and those silly toes get me every time.
>>
File: img4f9907d96faa6.jpg (196 KB, 2448x3264)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
Ok seriously though. WHATS IN THE BOX?
>>
>>61373851
Right but that's also FW, costs like 500 ish points? (So at that point why not Scorprion?)
>>
>>61373856
A deus ex machina, same as every end scenario of every race.
>>
>>61373856
Yer mum.
>>
File: for thr emperor.jpg (50 KB, 540x541)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>61373801

EUR 22,49
>>
>>61373856
Embarrassing picture of Tzeentch from the Christmas party.
>>
>>61373874
It's hinted to be a kill switch to save humanity from the Emperor as a "worst case scenario" last I heard.
>>
>>61373856
Bolter rounds.
>>
>>61370888

Who gives a shit?
>>
>>61373856
It's a "Kill da Emprah" button irrc.
>>
File: 1522257267565.jpg (587 KB, 600x858)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>61373804
Storm Wardens in Martyr directly state they are a space marine chapter under inquisitorial command.

Red Hunters are also directly under command of the inquisition.

Deathwatch is a direct inquisition manage space marine force that operates outside of, but within inquisitorial authority and works directly with the other branches of the inquisition.

GK in 3rd edition stated as being directly part of the 3 main branches of the inquisition, and while 5th and later codexes have changed the lore, they are still a militant order of the inquisition sanctioned by the emperor himself.

fucking lorelets.
>>
>>61373892
>>61373925
Does this hint that he too is corruptable then? Everyone is practically at his whim as it is especially with the new giganigga warp scar
>>
>>61373856
The correct order for the Simon Says panel on the back of the Golden Throne to power it off.
>>61373889
Wonderful reference.
>>
>>61373942
I think it was more it was a safety measure of Malcador's in case the Emperor ever becomes a threat to humanity (ala a god like Slaanesh that eats most of humanity's souls) to kill his mortal shell and break his power.

Or something.
>>
>>61373942
No, that measure wasnt integrated into the Throne because at the end of the story Vulkan decides not to if Im not mistaken and the plan for that was that should Terra ever fall and the Emperor die it would explode the planet and kill everything and everyone that was attacking it, its not a kill the Emperor its a kill everyone thats attacking us because everythings fucked.
>>
>>61373980
I thought it was less that Vulkan less decided to put the switch in, but rather than he didn't use that kill switch.
>>
>>61373666
I bought it, really nice clippers.
>>
>>61373856
> a picture of dickbutt
>>
File: abaddon.jpg (110 KB, 852x567)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Why does he wear the topknot?
>>
>>61374109
so the chaos gods have something to grab when he has to suck the blessing from them.
>>
File: Exorcists_scheme.jpg (36 KB, 400x585)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Would exorcists get to use primaris?
>>
>>61372539
Mostly codex releases. I don't know what the last one was when you deployed, but IG got a codex and it was godly. Starting from around this time last year, Adeptus Custodes got a new codex with a new model line. Thousand Sons also got a few goodies, mostly AoS ports. Imperial Knights got one as well, with new mini-Knights (about dreadnought size), character Knight and big Knights. They're tearing up tournaments. Oh, and plastic Sisters were announced, no joke. They're slated for january 2019. Aside from that, every other codex but Space Wolves, Orks and GSC has been released already, most decent to great. GSC has several new models incoming. Kill Team got a full release, it's going strong right now. Knights are getting a specialist game too. In mainline 40k, there's been several meta shifts from Chapter Approved and a big FAQ with fairly huge rules changes.

That's all that springs to mind.
>>
>>61373930
>muh exceptions

Yeah. And the Steel Confessors are "under" the Admech & Minotaurs are "under" the High Lords.

That doesn't mean Spaces Marines fall under Inquisitor Dickface.

If the Space Marines want to play along they will. But they have autonomy

>When it comes to the Adeptus Astartes, Inquisitors often show some discretion, as Space Marine Chapters are often willing to come to blood over any infringement on their Emperor-granted autonomy.
>>
>>61374172
If GK don't than odds are they don't.
>>
>>61374172
Of course. Grey Knights use more psykers and extensive special training so any they were given wouldn't be ready right away, but the Exorcists just need to stick a daemon in you to get the special training accomplished.
>>
File: death korps vraks.jpg (995 KB, 2036x1426)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
>>61372808
yeah, i think if you trim the commissar and replace the heavy mortars with normal mortar teams (or hell quad guns, boltgun statline for 4d6 shots each arty piece is awesome)
>>
File: DSC02074.jpg (2.22 MB, 2592x1944)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
>>61374172
they're just a regular chapter. why not?
probably the primaris additions are a bit scorned due to the whole no-daemon-thing
here's some i painted last year
>>
Inc Ork Rumours (finally)

Looted vehicles appear in Codex- and suck dick

New model/unit “skarboyz” like a vet upgrade. Leaker assured me these guys suck SERIOUS dick.

Ghaz does not have new model, but does have new rules. Sucks dick.

Buggies/trakks changed to be not only be cheaper but also suck way more dick.

Klan taktiks-

Goff- suck dick harder
Evil sunz- suck dick faster
Bad moonz- suck more dicks
Deffskullz- Suck dicks at range
Snakebite- suck dicks in CC
Blood axes- suck dick like humans

An unprecedented 40(!) stratagems to help you break up the monotony of sucking dick.
>>
>>61374252
>they're just a regular chapter
Not really considering their geneseed is the emperors.
>>
>>61374260
Sounds legit for Orks.
>>
>>61374252
They're made using the Grey Knight geneseed to make them more warp resistant and then have daemons stuck in them that they have to exorcise by willpower alone or die.

Not quite a "regular" chapter.
>>
>>61374280
>>61374288
yeah but compared to snowflake GKs they still follow regular codex organisation. seems they are likely to get primaris as anyone
>>
>>61371713

Nah its a lot of people. Ive seen a lot of arguments on the 40k reddit (yes I use reddit) where people who say anything about female marines being lore unfriendly and shouldnt happen are downvoted to hell unless they back their claims up massively and take a fairly neutral approach, while the girlfags can say "I want female marines because that would be cool" are pushed with a ton of upvotes.

Its people new to the hobby that arent really invested in the lore like oldfags are that jus twant more females because muh equality and muh badass females. Someone even had the retardation to say "it would have no lore implications" and "space marines arent recognised for their gender", yes, the 8ft hyper masculine male isnt the least bit based around his gender.
>>
>>61374335
No the issue is that odds are there are no GK primaris because Cawl would not have had the emperors geneseed thus the Exocists would not either.
>>
>>61374288
>Not quite a "regular" chapter.

They're codex compliant. Hell, their 6e chapter tactic was literally "pick another tactic"
>The Exorcists are a Codex Chapter, though they deviate in a number of key areas. The Chapter numbers twelve companies instead of the standard ten. They maintain two additional Scout Companies to have high influx of neophytes. Without such, the Exorcists will cease to exist due to their highly unconventional training methods.
>>
>>61374335
They have 12 companies, three of which are scout companies. They're mostly codex compliant, sure, but they're still not "regular".
>>
>>61374358
>No the issue is that odds are there are no GK primaris because that would require a special Primaris Grey Knight box.

FTFY
>>
How many points would an entire swordwind be
>>
>>61374182
>They're slated for january 2019.
Wrong. They are slated for “2019, Emperor willing.”
>>
>>61374383
Well yeah if we want the real reason but this is all we have for lore reasons until GW decides to do that.
>>
>>61374356
>up votes down votes
Demonstrate this please
Sample of the 10 most recent each way is fine as anecdotal evidence
>>
>>61374356
Personally I've adopted the interpretation that since Marines were made to be weapons they're basically a evolutionary dead end when compared to humanity's true path (and the Emperor's end goals) so having them being able to breed would threaten to replace regular humans and thus wasn't what he wanted.

Thus no girls.

Then again, I assume geneseed alters the Y chromosome's short leg into what is basically an X chromosome (or just replaces it) which would explain why it doesn't work on women as designed. Also explains why Marines can end up looking more like their Primarch after being implanted with it. But that's my high school level of understanding human biology talking there.
>>
>>61374260

>hurr durr Suck dick jokes

Is there any surer way to identify a misogynist?
>>
File: FortressofArrogance.jpg (110 KB, 600x562)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
*kills your warboss*
>>
>>61374458
I don't tend to leave him as the nearest unit to a fucking superheavy, enjoy playing scrubs.
>>
File: 1527322306199.png (845 KB, 920x950)
845 KB
845 KB PNG
>>61374458
*headbutts your tin can into scrap*
>>
>>61374478
stormlord.jpeg
Now your mob is dead, and I kill your Warboss.
>>
>>61374260
do ork players ever stop whining?
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 750x970)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
whats her end game?
>>
>>61374515
>stormlord
Great, you killed on mob, for the price of one Stormlord i get 3 mobs.
>>
>>61374538
Sure, once every 11 years when they get a codex.
>>
>>61374515
Stormlord and a Fortress of Arrogance?
How many LOWs are you taking?
>>
>>61374538
Only when they're screeching "WAAAAGH" in public.

>>61374539
Getting laid, even if she has to rape a corpse.
>>
File: Fire_Warrior_Coverart.jpg (136 KB, 588x722)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
He killed millions.
>>
>>61374555
At least 3 for the CP bonus it looks like?
>>
>>61374571
For the greater good.
>>
>>61374571
I know that game is supposed to suck, but I still want to play it someday.
>>
>>61374604
you basically need a physical copy of it. Digital on PC has it so you can't get into the options menu and turn down the ridiculous mouse sensitivity. Theres a PS2 version of it though.
>>
>>61374604
At least read the book before hand. The book did it's best to mesh that game's story into canon and added nice details like Tau culture and their perspective of the Imperium.
>>
>>61374543
I kill one mob per turn.
How many Stormlords you will kill with your mob?
Zero.
>>
File: autisticresearch.png (208 KB, 2898x934)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>61374435

>Expecting me to use reddits retarded search function,

I'll spend 10 minutes and see what I get.

Ok so heres what I got after 10 minutes of searching, interestingly enough 40k lore has much better upvote to downvote rates for people arguing against female marines, as they are much more invested in the lore, while most /r/warhammer40k posts have the opposite, because of all the normies/noobs to the hobby wanting equality.

>pic related
>>
>>61374647
I'm a dirty scrub who still uses controllers when playing on PC so the mouse thing might not be a problem, but noted on the physical copy.

>>61374649
I'll track down a copy. I'm still trying to make time to read Dark Imperium at the moment though.
>>
>>61374651
No problem, the others score points.
>>
>>61374604
PS2 version is superior to the PC one and the game's still pretty shit. Luckily I have a high tolerance for mediocre games, so I don't mind it as much.
>>
>>61374458
What's a fortress of arrogance?
>>
>>61374698
Baneblade.
>>
>>61374692
It's Purge the Alien.
>>
>>61374720
No it's not.
You didn't roll.
>>
>>61374698
Just gonna assume you weren't here since 5th, but it's Commissar Yarick's personal Baneblade that he taken as his own.

He uses it to lead men and was once a unit that you can use in Apocalypse.

If I remember correctly (Which I doubt) it was a normal Baneblade, but gave buffs and shit to everyone around it since it's Commissar Yarick screaming at you into mics, while the Baneblade fucks shit up.
>>
>>61374697
>Luckily I have a high tolerance for mediocre games
You must play a lot of EA and Bethesda games
>>
>>61374720
>It's Purge the Alien.
It's no longer called that. We want to be less xenophobic and more accepting
>>
>>61374260
>no new Ghaz
>shit rules
Thanks GW
>>
>>61374728
Then, can you please roll instead of me?
>>
>>61374509
He really needs a new model. Failbaddon can get fucked.
>>
>>61374260
>New model/unit “skarboyz”
>New
>>
>>61374571
His namesake's a baller.
>>
>>61374743
Oh, way more mediocre than that. Shit like Legacy and Singularity and 2009's Wolfenstein. Stuff like that.
>>
>>61374744
Seriously?
Fuck, I hate BRAN NEW Warhammer.
>>
File: Nope.jpg (40 KB, 500x677)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>61374232
I can't trim the Commissar. He fills an elite slot for 21pts, helps for morale when my dudes are in melee, and can wield that sweet sniper pistol. Without him, I'd have to take something else to fill the third elite slot of my brigade.
>>
>>61374812
hmm hadn't thought of that...
>>
>>61374683
The reassuring thing is that it's always basically tens votes, be it down or upvotes. So it shows that it really is just a group lost twats. It's not a hige topic. Just a fozen cunts doing some virtue signalling or whatever.
>>
>>61374812
>>61374970
why don't you bring venner? slap a command squad with a banner and you've got LD10 everything within 12 inches
>>
File: 1513806097181.jpg (531 KB, 876x1040)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
>>61374689
Its stupid how steam, or especially GOG, doesn't have a digital copy. Its either you pirate it from somewhere or you get it physical. Really grinds my gears.
>>
>>61375179
I can understand Steam, since the game is older than Steam last I knew, but GoG not having it is a surprise.

Guess I'll hit up Amazon for used games then.
>>
>>61375179
How is it their fault that whoever holds the rights to the game hasn't done a modernized port of the game and put it on sale in their service?
>>
Anons, will you rate my roster?
>>
File: orkspeak.png (25 KB, 504x401)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
<--- This!

Finally someone spoke the truth.

I wish all Orkspeak was banished from this earth.
>>
>>61375292
Yeah I know, i'm just mostly bitching. Maybe THQ Nordic will do it someday since THQ went under.
>>
I was making an ork list but instead of 90+ boyz I have 170+ gretchin
No one suspects the hitting on 3s.
Nobody.
>>
>>61375361
>woman are racist against cockney people
Really problematic desu.
>>
>>61375436
Cockley isn't a race it's a culture, can't be racist against a culture
>>
>>61372961
>war
>>
>>61375461
>can't be racist against a culture
Tell that to the people of the middle east.
>>
>>61375461
>Cockley isn't a race
>he doesn't know
>>
>>61375480
Any you had in mind in particular, it's a big place
>>
>>61375461
>can't be racist against a culture
>current year
Pick one.
>>
NEW!!!
>>61375642
>>61375642
>>61375642
>>
>>61375388
>I have 170+ gretchin
Enjoy that Ld4 instead of Ld30.
T2 and 6+ will rack the body count fairly fast.
>>
>>61374448
that's heteronormative you shitlord
>>
>>61375651
Invulnerables and morale immunity D3 dead grots baby
>>
>>61375651
>LD
>being relevant ever in the game
I mean, come on man
>>
>>61372961
Kek from distance they looked like lobsters
>>
[b]++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [21 PL, 407pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ No Force Org Slot +[/b]

[b]Regimental Doctrine:[/b] Valhallan

[b]+ HQ +[/b]

[b]Company Commander [2 PL, 30pts]:[/b] Chainsword, Laspistol

[b]Lord Commissar [4 PL, 35pts]:[/b] Bellowing Voice, Bolt pistol, Power maul, Warlord

[b]+ Troops +[/b]

[b]Conscripts [3 PL, 80pts]:[/b] 20x Conscript

[b]Conscripts [4 PL, 84pts]:[/b] 21x Conscript

[b]Conscripts [3 PL, 80pts]:[/b] 20x Conscript

[b]+ Dedicated Transport +[/b]

[b]Trojan Support Vehicle [5 PL, 98pts]:[/b] Heavy Bolter

[b]++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [50 PL, 821pts] ++[/b]

[b]Regimental Doctrine:[/b] Catachan

[b]+ HQ +[/b]

[b]Tank Commander [12 PL, 231pts]:[/b] , Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber, Kurov's Aquila, Plasma Cannons
. Command Battle Tank: Battle Cannon

[b]+ Elites +[/b]

[b]Sergeant Harker [3 PL, 50pts][/b]

[b]+ Heavy Support +[/b]

[b]Basilisks [14 PL, 216pts][/b]
. Basilisk: Heavy Bolter

[b]Basilisks [7 PL, 108pts][/b]

[b]++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [34 PL, 772pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ No Force Org Slot +[/b]

[b]Regimental Doctrine:[/b] Tallarn

[b]+ HQ +[/b]

[b]Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 46pts]:[/b] Force Stave, Nightshroud, Psychic Barrier

[b]Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 46pts]:[/b] Force Stave, Mental Fortitude, Psychic Barrier

[b]Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 46pts]:[/b] Force Stave, Nightshroud, Psychic Barrier

[b]+ Elites +[/b]

[b]Tech-Priest Enginseer [2 PL, 42pts]:[/b]

[b]+ Lord of War +[/b]

[b]Stormlord [26 PL, 592pts]:[/b] 2x Heavy stubber, Heavy Stubber, Twin heavy bolter
. 2 Lascannon & Twin Heavy Bolter Sponsons: 2x Lascannon, 2x Twin heavy bolter
. 2 Lascannon & Twin Heavy Bolter Sponsons: 2x Lascannon, 2x Twin heavy bolter

[b]++ Total: 2000pts] ++[/b]
>>
>>61374217
They use GK geneseed wich was custom made by the emperah and is super secret so cawl probably can't make primaris for them
>>61374252
>>
>>61375925
Battlescribe fucked up somewhat, but it doesn't matter.
This roster uses rules and special characters from the IG, but model-wise it will be something like Lost&Damned regiment. because rules for R&H SUCK
>>
>>61375932
Cawl helped the Emperor make the first Marines. If anyone knows about the Grey Knights, it's Cawl.

Plus to those with enough rank the Grey Knights are an open secret in the Imperium.
>>
Does anyone know how big the Adeptus Titanicus Imperial Knights are compared to a Space Marine or Terminator? I'm really tempted to get some to use as an entourage to a slightly autistic Chaos Lord with a love for robots.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.