[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Screenshot_10.jpg (182 KB, 1469x619)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>ITT: Fire-Forge Games

They just released some of their painted zombies.
>>
File: northmen1.jpg (49 KB, 640x329)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Here are some of their Northmen as well.
>>
These figures look potato sack as fuck. It's amazing how far behind everyone other than GW is when it comes to making plastics.
>>
>>61372604
Are you high as fuck? The GW zombie sprues are still marked 1998.
>>
File: o4lCfVK06ah2M.gif (120 KB, 480x360)
120 KB
120 KB GIF
>>61372604
t. aosfag
>>
>>61372628
While GW zombies are genuinely something that hurts to look at, I think that anon was referring to the general qualify of miniatures released today
>>
File: Black Coach.jpg (62 KB, 1024x535)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>61372628
If you are cherry picking the old ones, sure. But their new Death releases have been excellent.
>>
File: 34646767879.png (564 KB, 723x554)
564 KB
564 KB PNG
>>61372664
They may be "Excellent" but they are also jabbing anyone who plays their game for money. The prices they have on their models is fucking insane and you know it. Fireforge atleast prices their boxes on the price of production, not the fucking power level
>>
>>61372699
Your loss. I would rather pay a bit more for actually decent undead models rather than slightly converted historicals, and GW's profits nearly doubling show that most people feel the same way.
>>
>>61372591
Oh wow, those actually look pretty good!
>>
>>61372653
And what's the issue with quality here?
For as far as I am concern Fireforge has renown of making pretty solid plastic sets, without terrible errors.
Also do consider following:
>multipart, multipose set with lots of options and bits
>male&female bodies
>good scaling compared to other fantasy models, and human bodies.
>Grounded designs, with miniatures pretty well resembling actual peasants.
My only problem is there are 12 per box, but since they sell their historical infantry in boxes of 24 for 40 euro, I think those will cost 20 in rrp.
My take on it is that issue lies in GW making monopose, CAD made, oversaturated with unnecessary details """designs"""/big plastic dolls that look like they gave them to twelve yrso, and told them to "make them look cool",and then sell for jacked up prices...
...Which somehow not only works but seems to have become some bullshit canon of good looking model, for the love of God.
>>
>>61372749
>I would rather pay a bit more

A bit more? Homie you are paying up to 45 dollars for a single model, 25 for characters, and 45 dollars for just 10 models. Are you so fucking rose tinted that you cant understand why thats wrong?
>>
File: 79090.jpg (76 KB, 958x516)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>61372899
I mean this is for FORTY EIGHT models. I mean go fuck yourself anon, GW is ripping us off with a smile.
>>
File: Screenshot_20.jpg (93 KB, 781x578)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>61373105
>>61372899
I mean lets continue. Heres the quality of their sprues. Their models. 25 models for 27euros.
>>
>>61373143
My bad, 48* not 24.
Still, for fuck sake, can you even read, ya cunt? Or did you target wrong anon?
>>
File: Skelecopters.jpg (87 KB, 640x400)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>61372749
>decent undead models
>AoS
>>
>>61372604
>surprised medieval peasants look potato sack tier
Go talk to a doctor, you might be eligible for disability funding.
>>
>>61373212
targeted the wrong cunt.
>>
>>61372945
Why is it wrong? That's roughly on par with similarly detailed scale kits. It's simple capitalism, if you have the disposable income to enjoy the kits, you can. Wargaming is not a right, they can set whatever price the market will bear.
>>
>>61373734
But that is w r o n g. GW does not price for the cost of the models, they price on the actions they partake in the game. Perry Miniatures has better armor models than GW, yet GW believes because they are ~*Fantasy*` models with little whips of ghost tendril they can price them out the ass. And the worst part is that doughheaded fanboys buy them.
>>
>>61372664
>>61372749
lmao what the fuck are those? is that what GW has been doing these days with fantasy? no wonder they renamed the fucking thing... that's genuinely an eyesore.. who the fuck mixes skeletons and ghosts? not only does that not make any sense at all that's not even cool. the sky is the limit with specters and yet somehow their best effort was floating skeletal upper bodies wearing some rags. well at least they finally moved away from square bases?

there's a fucking nigger in power armor holding a crossbow sideways too what the FUCK
>>
Fireforge fantasy boxes should be 20€ each (box of 12 infantry or 6 cavalry) due to higher production costs (not made in china)
>>
>>61373335
I remember this one from a while back too... My group fought a huge number of them because the DM saw it and the story post too... All while Ride of the Valkyries was playing in the background... (Pic Unrelated)
>>
>>61374694
Perry minis are rough as fuck. Hose guys are great sculptors but their historicals are more or less sketches.
>>
File: Screenshot_307gg.png (551 KB, 625x723)
551 KB
551 KB PNG
>>61374816
You are retarded as hell if you think Perry Miniatures are "rough"
>>
>>61372574
I like them. Hey are a nice set of zombies. When and where can I get them? What's the prize gonna be?
>>
>>61374863

Their kickstarter goes up... next month I believe.
>>
>>61374876
And they're only gonna be available through here I guess. Fuck that. I just want nice looking generic minis
>>
>>61374899
Nah, all of their stuff is available afterwards. You just get yours faster via the kickstarter, its the way they usually do it.
>>
>>61372749
Still waiting for you to post the decent undead models. BTW, transportability is a requirement, I don't need minis that break every time I set the army case down just a little too hard.

Also, chainrasp sounds like a tool.
>>
>>61372604

>Potatosack

Go the fuck back to aosg.
>>
File: P1050102.jpg (242 KB, 1600x854)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>61374816
Which ones do you think are rough specifically? Perry have been sculpting miniatures for 40 years so you can't be so broad in your statement. Either way, their historicals are painfully accurate.

Their Choson Koreans are fucking beautiful for example. I'd highly recommend their Samurai too, but since those are 20+ years old there have been some newer and objectively better kits released since then. As for medieval things, it's hard to find nicer knights and men-at-arms than their Agincourt plastic kits. Their Napoleonics are also solid all around and I prefer them over Warlord's plastic Napoleon kits.
>>
>>61374853
>>61375156
Check the chainmail on their metals.
>>
>>61375215
Oh you want to talk about chainmail, do you?
>>
File: Cu_18.jpg (103 KB, 700x369)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>61375215
They don't make a lot of miniatures wearing mail. They actually don't make any dark age period miniatures at all which is one of my gripes with Perry. But the crusader line does have some mail and while it's nothing special it doesn't look too bad. If you have some evidence to support otherwise then post it.
>>
File: Screenshot_21.jpg (165 KB, 774x627)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>61375365
Their plate models are the best in the market, hands down
>>
>>61375438
>Shamelessley using Perry minis for a WHFB army
And you people bitch that GW killed your game when you didn't even buy the models.
>>
>>61375544
This is a 9th Age battle you cum suckling fuck goat.
>>
File: 1517413728369.jpg (106 KB, 1000x989)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>61375544
>"buy the models"
>GW put them out of print
There's a reason their made-to-order program has been making them mad dosh, you damned brainlet. People buy up the old stuff any chance they can get.

The problem is that GW doesn't want to compete against themselves so they stop using the old molds. You can't make any money if everyone already has an army assembled. They did this during WHFB 6E when they phased out the 3E sculpts and then again during 8E when they phased out the 6E sculpts.
>>
>>61372604
Uh, are AOSfags leaving they ghetto thread? We all know you guys don't have taste.
>>
>>61375544
When the game was popular and kinda functional, people just were enthusiastic and bought more than 1 army over time.
GW's greed and the incompetence of the designers lead to a downfall.
Also not everyone dig the new style. I as an example find >>61372749
good but excessive, not to my tastes. And these are waaay better than most stuff AoS sells.
>>
>>61375544
Lol thats Skelebro dude. He's a 9th Age player.
>>
>>61375686
R O S E. T I N T E D
>>
>>61375553
My condolences.
>>
>>61376255
>im sorry youre playing a growing game system with multiple tournaments arouns the U.S

Okay there bud.
>>
>>61376289
>Growing
>Got kicked out of Adepticon
>Tournament attendance lower each year
Get over the fact that no one is playing that shit.
>>
>>61376354
Yeah bud thats not even true. We just had red river rumble open up and attendence for the Wicked was up. Theres also hundreds of users added from all over the world to the forums and we are even going to be on our golden ruleset here soon and are then doing complete army books. I understand that AoS is dog cock levels of stupid but you don't have to take it out on the rest of us.
>>
>>61372945
I was so hyped for the Nighthaunt , but GW price at realese calmed me.
>>
>>61376406
https://napoleoninelba.blogspot.com/2018/07/9th-age-warhammer-fantasy-sadly-slowly.html
Literally only people clinging on to WHFB play it. There isn't any room for growth with the game. Meanwhile GW has doubled their profits and AoS models are selling better than ever. It makes you think which system is actually growing.
>>
File: 1532973300015.jpg (37 KB, 400x392)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>61374722
>there's a fucking nigger in power armor holding a crossbow sideways too what the FUCK

Aos in a nutshell, you made my night thx a lot.
>>
>>61372945
>up to 45 dollars
Aventis and black coach cost double that amount. 1 single model
>>
File: RIP.jpg (185 KB, 996x800)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>61376532
Black coach could justify his price as its the main piece and a lot of extras
that could be their own minis. The new executioner make no sense tho
>>
>>61376470
Uh guy its great that their profits are going up, but 9th age is free.
>>
>>61376470
That entire write up was ripped from a post made by that Gobbo guy and we all made fun of it on the 9th age forums because he was cherrypicking information to credit his story.
>>
>>61376470
Of course the GW shills is banging on about profits. Its like GWs players are slowly absorbing GWs mindset
>>
>>61372574
IF all their lots look like that, that is quite good shit for generic medieval zombies
probably great for AoS (until GW, hopefully, releases a competent updated dead walker kit), 9th, and many TTRPGs
>>
>>61377187
Their skeleton designs look pretty fresh so far
>>
>>61377202
I only like their wight kings, black knights, and grave guard
their regular skeleton soldier kit is only good for getting the doot machine
>>
>>61376532
The problem is you fags were making this same argument when monsters were twenty quid. Hobbies are expensive and your game is dead because people never bought anything.
>>
>>61377244
im talking about Fireforge homie.
>>
>>61375303
>>61375365
Rough as fuck.
>>
>>61372574
>painted zombies
Don't slutshame, anon.
>>
>>61377292
No we weren't?
>>
>>61377338
I will check'em
>>
File: 20180810_195733_HDR.jpg (5.27 MB, 4656x3492)
5.27 MB
5.27 MB JPG
>>61377346
Those are old metal models
>>
>>61374722
>somehow their best effort was floating skeletal upper bodies wearing some rags
Disney did it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b756FPiLlp8
>>
File: Screenshot_22.jpg (67 KB, 773x312)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>61377346
>>61377389
Just as I thought, these are their older metal models.
>>
>>61372574
>12 models
> 6 headsculpts
I feel like if you're going to sell models in packs, that each model should be 100% unique. Especially for horde based models like these where you'd want to run 100s of them
>>
>>61377351
No one cares about you personally. It’s the same whiney poorfag demographic thats too busy skinning turds to buy anything.
>>61377389
Obviously but the twins think it good enough to sell when they should have gone in the bin. It is an excellent range generally though. Plastics especially.
>>
>>61377472
"it is not a case if our company has historical medieval kits better than other companies in quality. Selling good plastic in our market could be an heavy loss for a company: the market is not enough big.
Each company, use a different strategy to avoid the failure, there is who decreases the number of figures and their quality, who simply doesn't do plastic for medieval but choose more bigger markets (like classical age), who works in china, who choose to cut discounts to retailers and so on. Each product is the result of what a company think to earn and the cost to release this product.

Our company, created a new system to make plastic products: we recycle parts of one sprue to use it in other sets. This system has defects and good things of course but it worked well, so well that other companies followed our way.
But it does not means that this system solved us all the problems, we have still products that after 4 years from the release are far to be a profit for our company and are still sold in loss considering the production costs.

Our new fantasy range is born to be something different: is the best our company can do, without any compromise.
In fantasy market we believe that Games Workshop has the best and offer the best. We tried with this project to offer our best too:
- we adjusted proportion of the models remaining in the same scale
- we improved the deepness, the definition of any details to be easier to paint and better to see (chainmail of our historical and the one you will see are completely different)
- we created a better joint system between the different parts where possible
- we inserted in the frames a lot of options (the max we can) to assemble what we think are nice figures
- we didn't recycle parts from other fantasy sets, any sprue will be create by 0
direct from Fireforge
>>
>>61377446
>older
Their gw work from the fucking 80’s was tighter than that. They just thought it’d do because it’s historicals.
>>
>>61377489
and these are just some of the changes we did to our production.
If you take our boxes from the start of our company to the fantasy (walking between our resin releases from the mongols to the amazons for fantasy football to richard the lionheart as character), you could see all the try did from our company to improve the quality of our models. You will find also some experiments (like in russians and scandinavians with spears separated by the hands to decrease the production costs a bit).

The fantasy is in absolute the best and the most expensive project we ever did and the cost we will ask to be covered with the kickstarter campaign will be not the real cost of the production, but a bit lower because our company will be able to release them also just with part of the expenses paid thanks to the backers.

I know that an huge number of zombies are used in other games, but however our products are thought for our game. Otherwise, to give you an huge number of zombies in each box, we should decrease the quality of the models"
>>
>>61377500
Just from here you can understand the difference of quality between the two products: GW is better, simply because the hands of the model are separate parts and give you the way to do more different poses like you want.

About our peasants zombies, they will have in the box the following parts:
6 different bodies (mantic give you 3 bodies, gw give you 5 bodies): our peasants and soldiers will have the body as one piece, while mantic and gw separated the torsos by the legs to obtain more poses. We decided that gw and mantic solution could be worst for us because yes give you more poses available, but in this way we can't create female zombies (or different armour styles for the soldiers) and we decided for this solution to have a better design for the figures (i think it's easy to see how is better the shape of the bodies of our peasants than mantic and gw models)

9 different heads (mantic 6, gw 8)
18 different arms (mantic 2 - they have 2 arms attached to the bodies - gw 18): while our arms are some free (3) some with weapons or accessories (like lantern, falchion, butcher knife and cleaver) some to be attached to be equipped with 2 handed objects like schythe, showel and more.

GW zombies have a command option. We thought it was bad to see peasants with command option, so we inserted in the zombie soldiers frame the command you can use for peasants (pratically buying a box of zombie soldiers you can assemble 2 command options and use the second in a group of peasants). It also means that the money for production, instead to be spent on the peasants, for aesthetics purposes are spent on the zombie soldiers (that have a lot more options than peasants). Also the aesthetics is important for us.

>>61377475
Difference is that those are about .80c per model mate, and only there because some people prefer metal.
>>
File: Screenshot_23.jpg (98 KB, 1120x651)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
"Their chanmail is horr-"
>>
I don't understand this potato sack thing. What constitutes "potato sack" and how exactly do these models exemplify that?
I ain't gonna buy them because I don't like zombies. I think they're kind of dumb and aren't inherently badass or spooky like skeletons, but they just look like pretty nicely detailed zombie miniatures to me.
>>
>>61377852
AoS player memes.
>>
>>61377918
yeah I got that much, I want to know if it means anything specific.
>>
>>61377939
I think its just some dumb shit they spout.
>>
>>61377953
Simply a wealth of knowledge you are
>>
File: Oh Dear.jpg (124 KB, 300x900)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>Byzantines
>>
>>61378714
Theyre pretty good models.
>>
>responding to age of shitmar children
That was your first mistake.
>>
>>61377939

when AoS came out with their new sculpt, people criticized them for being too cluttered with details and looking too busy. Someone responded that the old Fantasy models just had too few details and the clothing looked like potato sacks.
>>
>>61378776
... is that right.
>>
>>61378805
to the best of my knowledge. I don't frequent those threads, just writing what others said.
>>
>>61378776
Ah, I see, that's pretty dumb. Subtlety can be a pretty artful thing in a lot of cases.
>>
>>61379104
The new models are anything but subtle. Fucking eyeless sea elves riding sharks and other bullshit
>>
>>61379135
I was thinking more in the composition in adding details. I think that a model of a dude riding a shark is pretty rad personally, though I feel the model itself could have been executed better, yeah
>>
>>61373105
>>61373143
Nobody plays these irrelevent games though

GW games are played worldwide and have a massive playerbase

Historicals are bargain basement "need to know a guy" bullshit that nobody cares about
>>
>>61379314
You can just use them in GW games.
>>
>>61379337
It's pretty rude if your LGS isn't selling fireforge (and the models OP is bragging about isn't out for another year, maybe longer if you wait for your LGS to get them in stock, IF they can even order them)

Unless you're in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and you only can play in people's house

Otherwise you should buy everything from your FLGS or else they'll either ban your game from the store (possible if they are tight on space) or go out of business (it's not easy especially with most tgers whining about prices non stop)

Also for lots of people they can only play games at the local GW because it might be the only game store or the closest game store.
>>
>>61379408
They sell Fireforge, along with Perry and Warlord for that matter, so I think that I am good.
>>
>>61379408
Except they discontinued most if not all of the Brets, so it is either buy third party or buy from Ebay scalpers.
>>
>>61379626
>squatted factions nobody bought or cared about

yeah that's not actually a problem in the real world
>>
>>61379673
It's cool to hear that I can keep buying Fireforge then.
>>
>>61379673
>no one bought Brets

Are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>61379673
Never played fantasy and just got into the hobby a year ago, but I care about Brets. I think Arthurian Knights are really cool and I'm kinda sad that they discontinued them, I like a lot of the models I see from them.
>>
>Make a thread about some neat fantasy miniatures that are being out out
>The thread is immediately raided by AoS fanboys
I just want just want them as cheap zombies for D&D. Truly GW fanboys are the bronies of tabletop games.
>>
>>61379990
Nah, all fanboys are like this, it's the mentality of taking something you like so seriously that you antagonize anyone who isn't "on your side" Infinity fanboys can be just as bad.
Sports fans get like this a lot too.
>>
File: 20180628_205239~01.jpg (63 KB, 444x543)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>61380135
I think its funny the AoS shitter was trying to throw shade at my skeletons for being GW Perry mashes. PS this is also from fireforge
>>
>>61380279
What kit is that from?
>>
>>61380394
Teutonic infantry
>>
>>61380394
I have a review video of it on YouTube. You get a shitload of capes
>>
>>61379990
They aren't out you faggot shill
>>
>>61381003
Brony faggot
>>
>>61374694
again, so? Perrys don't price their models this way out of goodness of their heart, but because they know historical gamers are cheap, and will go for inferior models just to save pennies. Are you just as assblasted about Malifaux models being 50$ for 4-6 plastic models? Or is it just your GW hateboner?
>>
>>61379822
They sold like absolute garbage, in game that already sold like shit. They were literally Perry's lovechild, and once they moved out, no one was left who cared for those unimaginative fucking knights.
>>
>>61372574

I still prefer Mantic's.
>>
>>61379408
>playing in lgs instead of a club
Top plebian.
>>
>>61372749

Warhammer is the Call of Duty of tabletop. You don't play it because it's the best, you play it because it's what everyone else plays.

I play Mordheim, 40k and Killteam begrudgingly just because it's easy to find casual fags to play with even if they are mostly aspergers or straight autists.

But Kings of War shits on anything GW has ever put out and I actually put the effort into organizing my local KoW group because it's nice to actually play a good game once in a while too.
>>
>>61373734

Perry miniatures are better quality than GW and you get 40 dudes for $25.
>>
>>61372699
dont post this without sauce anon, reverse image source works less than half the time for manga images.
>>
>>61381719
It's from the series with the fat elf, duh
>>
>>61372664
The best examples look like edgy action figures, the worst are so busy and poorly posed that you actually have trouble working out what the fuck they are supposed to be. Either way, they look way too cheap to be worth what GW charges.
AoS shill please go
>>
>>61375156
Don't bother arguing with AoS shills. If it wasn't generated in CAD by a half trained chimp with an overreliance on ctrl c + ctrl v and a design brief of 'make it appeal to edgy 12 yr olds', then they're not interested.
>>
>>61375912
S H I L L
>>
>>61372604
>when it comes to making plastics.
what's amazing is how GW keeps shooting itself on the feet by not pushing their quality to the best they can and going for quantity instead

their techniques are superb, but their designs are getting worse, just like with the metal they abandoned they are going to fall short behind other sculptors if they keep this route.
>>
>ITT people fall for more be posting and compare apples to oranges.

Both mini ranges are fine and good for what they represent
>>
Can somebody tell my why kings of war is better than aos? Their minis look great and im sick of gws prices
>>
>>61381519
Are they the same scale as aos
>>
>>61381920
KoW is good if you liked the formation movement side of whfb

I didn't so KoW is literally the dullest game ever to me

The models besides undead are literally shit tho
>>
>>61381943
>he models besides undead are literally shit tho
What? Why?
>>
>>61381967
Just bad sculpt work. The dwarves are on of the most worked on line and the look like literal flatheaded retards
>>
>>61379700
Just wish they'd do those resin casts in metal instead and then it'd be just like old times.
>>
I still prefer non historicals because they are simply less boring to paint and convert

Deal with it
>>
>>61372604
Im fucking amazed that this is always guaranteed replies
>>
>>61379314

>Nobody plays historicals

Maybe not in your Cheeto-inhaling plebzone. It's a bigger market than fantasy gaming, just more divided between companies. Imagine that in your tiny GW drone brain, buying a rulebook from one company and miniatures from several others!
>>
>>61381943

You don't have to play with Mantic miniatures, even at Mantic HQ tournaments though. Fuck's sake some of you lot are dense.
>>
>>61382149
it's because there are actual retards that fully believe it
>>
>>61372591
Hey, they look great. Far better than any GW fantasy human Infantry for sure.
>>
>>61374816
>Rough
>>
>>61382403
remember, if it isn't overcrowded fantasy schlock trash it's terrible
>>
>>61382253
Did I say you need to?
>>
>>61382425
>hurt pls pay attention to my shitposting

Sad.
>>
>>61382403
I see the Perry brothers still can not sculpt non melting faces

Other than that nice.
>>
File: 1461225437099.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1159)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>61382403
>rough
>>
File: FB_IMG_1532808266450.jpg (67 KB, 720x540)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>tfw fortunate to not be an "AWESOME NEW MODEL BRO, WHOAH THAT LOOKS SOO COOOL, WHEN'S PRE-ORDER I CAN'T WAIT!!" mongoloid, that jumps from nuGW release to nuGW release monthly

Comfy fantasy is the best, why would you want anymore? Not like you cunts even paint anything anyway lol, I'm sure Nagash looks amazing in grey.
>>
>>61382403
>>61382483
Those are just soft.
>>
>>61377592
>those edges
Is his armour made of cheese?
>>
>>61382665
>>61382682

Do they need bigger pauldrons, mate?
>>
File: scale.jpg (71 KB, 640x640)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Love it that they have a picture of a GW model for scale in their site and it's painted like shiiiit.
>>
>>61379314
Reminder that "dead" Warmachine outsells AoS.
>>
>>61382483
what kit is that?
>>
File: box contents.jpg (95 KB, 550x381)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>61382772
Foot Knights 1450-1500
>>
>>61382789
damn those are great models and the price is amazing. why havent i learned about this earlier
>>
>>61382827
Dunno, you don't go to the goods generals like AWG or HWG.
>>
>>61379408
What mental gymastics had you deride playing at people's houses in the same post as listing several reasons why being tied to a store sucks?
>>
>>61382899

Shh, don't say those names to them
>>
>>61382935
The same mental gymnastics of the shitposter who brought up AoS when the models people are talking about are much more for Historical and or more down to earth settings.

/tg/ has attracted a whole flock of extremely deranged inbreds who can't just enjoy the models they enjoy and become corporate whores.
>>
File: 1518457544268.jpg (546 KB, 979x832)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>61372664
>comparing like with like is """"cherrypicking"""""
>>
>>61382745

Yeah I was wondering about that. Are they trying to make their own minis seem better but painting others like shit?
>>
>>61382745
>>61383033
Can you one eyed faggots actually not see how rubbish the paintjob is on their own mini on the right?
>>
>>61383048

Nah, that one on the right is painted to a good TT standard (it has painted eyes which is a lot better than I see from the average army). The GW one is just plain awful, like a one minute paint job.
>>
>>61382762
Among select group of independent stockists that report their sales. It does not include GW direct sales at all.
>>
>>61381656
lol. no, perry is on par with GW kits from 2005. Which was almost 15 years ago.
>>
>>61383711
Compare the Perry kits to say the 7th ed Empire troops, wipe the cum out of your eyes, then look again
>>
aren't perry miniatures smaller than gw minis? so you cant use them as proxy for lets say empire
>>
>>61383909
Are the big bad Games Workshop gestapo going to stop you using proxies for a game they don't even support any more?
>>
>>61383909

Pretty much.

Historical miniatures are accurate to 28mm generally, whilst fantasy stuff, particularly GW, is in "heroic" 28mm scale (though AoS probably couldn't even be called that any more) and have massive heads and hands, so you can't really mix up the kits or use the two miniatures in the same unit.

I've seen plenty of really nice Kingdoms of Men armies for Kings of War (and whatever the 9th Age analogue is) that are basically 95% Perry Historicals though.
>>
>>61383992
>>61383909

Sorry, I somehow read "proxy" as mix.

Of course you can use them as proxies.
>>
>>61372574
>>61372591
Maybe it's just a great paintjob but they look amazing. How much for a set of zombie bois?
>>
>>61383827

Not that guy but empire state troops were released around 2006, so those would go into the nearly 15 years old category.
>>
>>61383909
I use them as empire. I actually have an entire painted force of 'historicals as Empire'.
>>
>>61384221
Wouldn't be fair to compare them to a moder release, those look like hot garbage.
>>
>>61384669

Not sure what a moder miniature is but that miniature is awesome. I just found out GW made a new undead army might buy some for KoW.
>>
>>61384833
Modern, my mistake.
I just can't like the new nighthaunt, it's all so bland and covered in those shit flame effects. Also the new easy to build is bollocks.
>>
>>61385120
Easy to build is bad, also bothersome to spray undercoat on. On the nighthaunt range i like it, i wish it was more affordable.
>>
>>61383711
That's not true though at all.
>>
>>61382682
No, that's how real armour looks; the Perry Twins have been researching, writing and re-enacting the Hundred Years War since before you were born.
>>
>>61379314
>No one plays

I have four gaming clubs within thirty minutes drive of me out of six in the same radius who don't play any GW games at all.

Of the ones that do play GW, most of the games aren't GW.
>>
>>61379408
>Ban your game.

How can they ban the game? You use whatever ruleset you want and whatever miniatures you want.
>>
>>61381358
They're not inferior. They're superior to GW in pretty much everyway feasible; they rank up well, they look fantastic, they're easily customisable, they paint up excellently, they're cheaper, you can use them for tons of different games; if you want to use them for fantasy go ahead.
>>
File: Nighthaunts.jpg (439 KB, 1932x1449)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>61384833
The new Death models work pretty well for Kings of War IMO, especially if you run all of them as Nightstalkers.
>>
>>61384669
No, that looks like hot garbage.
>>
>>61385364
>mobile terrain
Ugh...
>>
>>61385387
That's what I said though.
>>
>>61385364
Damn son, that's spooky.
>>
>>61384221
The point was that Perry miniatures are miles above those missing link looking apemen, not "on par" at all.

>>61385282
Very similar stats for me.
>>
>>61382738
>>61385264
Nah I’m petty much just trolling you guys at this point. Those are nice minis. Any idea when that armoured cav is out? Looks like plastic.
>>
>>61385360
pretty neat, bottom raw is kinda weak tho.
>>
>>61385487
Hampshire/Wiltshire?
>>
>>61385598
No Tom, Hobart for me.
>>
>>61372591
Good poses, good shape
not bad. i worked with some of their mounted sergeants way back when and they didn't wow me these guys however look pretty nice
>>
File: faggot.jpg (67 KB, 700x338)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>61372664
>these zombies are bad'
>BUT THE GHOSTS ARE GOOD
Yeah okay

>>61379314
>Historicals are bargain basement "need to know a guy" bullshit that nobody cares about
Depends on it
FoW is creeping up and saga is generally played at my stores around here.
FoW is fucking great BTW. there's something satisfying about having a historical force that i don't find fantasy does
T. Historyfag
>>
>>61381442
>they sold like garbage
given that the army hadn't had an update longer than you've been alive I'm surprised they are as popular as they were
you are also the type that believes that Fantasy didn't sell well so if I'm to expand on that, it's to be expected
>>61381933
Neither are likely to be.
FF is close to real scale and i think mantic is similar.
>>
>>61380135
>Infinity fanboys can be just as bad.
I beg to differ.
normally it's the autistic screeching of GW bruvs that i see.
Then again i don't take infinity seriously and feel i need to justify my morats
>>
>>61385458
>>
>>61385852
maybe it's died down, but I used to see Infinity fans come into non-general 40k related threads and start acting smug and superior because they play infinity all the time.
Usually they go on about price and how infinity miniatures are better because the have more detail and the usual "you're stupid dumbs and I'm better because I play a different game" kind of thing.
Haven't seen it too much as of late. Maybe they mellowed out after realizing that most people didn't care.
>>
>>61385800
Not that big on the world wars myself, more of a pike and shotte or Swordpoint type of guy.
Or KoW historical. On that topic it's bullshit you can't mix historical with fantasy kow in tournaments.
>>
>>61382963
This, so much. I don't know which I hate more, shit posters who go into these threads and post AoS or the people who give them guranteed replies. Honestly, I am a AoS player and those zombies look pretty kick ass, as do those soldiers, but it would probably piss people off if I even mentioned that I prefer it.
>>
>>61385998
You shouldnt have to hide your own thoughts to avoid setting off your autistic playerbase
>>
>>61385739
Their horses are not as good as Perry Horses
>>
>>61377446
>>61377389
Literally green army men.
>>
>Muh Perry
Go play historicals already you insufferable retard, it's fucking clear you don't belong in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>61386899
Because..?
>>
File: 88235a.jpg (30 KB, 550x211)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>61386978
He wants replies.
>>
>>61386899
>Cornered, his every argument countered and his tremendous ignorance exposed, the AoS fag resorts to throwing tantrums and demanding people leave the thread he himself invaded.
>>
File: GQd4blE.jpg (52 KB, 1024x576)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>61386899
>Y-YOU DONT BELONG IN MUH FANTASY SETTING

Its almost like hes too retarded to understand that models are models, and can be used in either historical or fantasy settings.
>>
File: kor-16.jpg (72 KB, 600x267)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>61387036
Speaking of, I'm thinking of using these and maybe some wallachian infantry as infantry detachments for my empire army.
Think it'd clash too much with Janissaries?
>>
>>61387075
Well that all depends on how you spin it. If they are auxiliaries, you can make them all the same in that particular unit and simply imply they are a volunteer group from a country under the empire, same way the Romans did it.
>>
>>61387121
I was gonna fluff them as a small band of Cathayan mercs, just 12 in a unit.
>>
>>61387139
oooo that could be fun. If you want to be cheeky put a panicked looking Empire Sgt in there who looks uncomfortable
>>
File: P1060021.jpg (239 KB, 1600x906)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>61386988
Shame the Perrys never ended up doing the Ming to supplement their existing Choson Korean and Samurais.
>>
>>61387188
What if I told you.
that I talked to them on facebook
and there are plans.
>>
>>61387208
*unzips dick*
>>
>>61387219
However the timeframe im unsure on, since they have a wide hand in many historical miniature time zones.
>>
>>61387036
>>61387006
>>61386978
Perry only makes proxies for Empire models, putting them as an argument against the hugely diverse GW ranges and races is like saying Infinity is better than GW because they make better space marines.
>>
File: Death! Death! Death!.jpg (2.32 MB, 2911x1718)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>61387303
On that regard Reaper wins by sheer variety alone.
>>
>>61387303
>Using human models for Empire armies

What did you expect, we'd use the fucking thing for orks?
>>
>>61387303
...what?
>>
>>61387322
>Reaper
Ok now I know you are just shitposting.

>>61387323
You can't compare a company that makes a gorillion different races and miniature sizes with another that only does humans on foot and on horse.

>>61387324
You heard me.
>>
>>61387363
Different races? Oh you mean their flavors of cartoony humans and odd animal. And recently sheets of greenstuff with arms sticking out.
>>
File: IMG_2184.jpg (354 KB, 1600x880)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>61387208
That's excellent news,I received a non-committal reply two years ago. At the same time it's a bit disheartening as I'm working on a Ming project of my own.
>>
>>61387303
They also make miniatures perfect for Tileans, Bretonnia, Estalians, pretty much every OTHER human faction mentioned in WHFB, mercenaries, etc.
>>
>>61387442
And despite that it's still more variety than perryshit.

>>61387502
>Tileans, Bretonnia, Estalians
Your shitty homebrew is not part of the equation.
>>
>>61387533
So, Perry is shit because they don't do fantasy races but mentioning Reaper that has more variety than GW is shitposting?
>>
>>61387533
Having different varieties of shit doesn't change the fact they're all shit anon, No matter how many jewels and ghosty wisps you put on them.
>>
>>61385800
FoW is shit, Battlegroup is da shit
>>
>>61387570
Perry is not "shit", it's a matter of comparing apples and oranges.
>>
File: 1533518401643.jpg (17 KB, 315x230)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Let's not bite this time, let him tire out.
>>
>>61387653

>>61387533
>perryshit.

Is calling things shit without referring to their quality normal in English?
>>
>>61373105

Show us pictures of your Foot Sergeant units.
>>
File: Multupurpose.jpg (2.73 MB, 3607x1386)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>61387835
I really need to paint mine.
Not him by the way
>>
>>61387863
Why is there an ottoman as a leader?
>>
>>61387863
>>61387835
Oh wait, I read foot sergeants as knights.
Fuck me that's inexcusable.
>>
>>61372574

They look boring as hell. Only ten times the quality of the GW zombies.
>>
>>61387835
Theyre put together but not primed
>>
File: IMG_2786.jpg (509 KB, 1600x1200)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>61386899
I play both!
>>
>>61388031
Neat, that P&S or some other system?
>>
>>61388098
>>61388098
Those aren't mine. I play impetus and Warhammer fantasy.
>>
>>61388131
Good man.
I'm interested in impetus but the movement rules terrify me.
>>
>>61388159
whys that
>>
>>61389315
How each element of an unit moves and acts and rotates.
Made me dizzy trying to read it.
>>
>>61389355
is it that different?
>>
File: Shit screenshot.png (380 KB, 459x509)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
>>61387863
Here's mine. Speed painted but nice.
I use historicals for everything. I have hoplites as spearmen, napoleonic fusiliers as handgunners and Napoleon as an engineer
>>
>>61372574

Whens the kickstarter?
>>
>>61390792
Your boys be looking right shinym
>>
>>61391101
Next month.
>>
>>61391245
Thanks I guess. Mostly it's the flash on my phone.
>>
>>61383080
Painting eyes is the mark of a rookie. Never paint eyes on 28mm and below.
>>
>>61391489
I meant it as a compliment.
>>
>>61386530
It's a very modern thing, generated entirely by retards who joined /tg/ hobbies in 2015 and use them as a surrogate for video games.

So naturally, these /v/ immigrants act like your typical /v/tard and become tribalistic at the drop of a hat.

I like plenty of minis, tons of Perry minis are good, some of the faces are your typical melty chin look the perry bros sort of do.

But I also like the high fantasy of AoS and GW minis, and the New Stormcast honestly pretty cool.

People make these opinions and then make obtuse lies like "It's overcrowded and overdetailed" which simply is not fucking true for any part of the hobby.

Honestly the only really overdesigned models I feel are Kingdom Death when they try anything that isn't big anime tiddies.
>>
>>61391806
The female stormcast are good precisely because they are better proportioned, and you can't look at Fyreslayers and call them anything but a mistake.
>>
>>61392186
The basic infantry are ass yes. But I like the Magmadroth and the characters.
>>
>>61392339
Magmadroth is bae, yes.
>>
>>61391806
>overcrowded and overdetailed isn't true for any part of the hobby

tell that to a lot of the 40k and AoS nurgle releases. They went way far overboard and made them both an overdone eyesore while also removing player agency in making their minis their own. The old Plague Marines might have looked pretty bad thanks to their age, but they had the right amount of nurgley bits on them to work their theme right.
>>
>>61386899
Go post in the AoS General already you insufferable retard, it's fucking clear you don't belong in a Fireforge thread.
>>
>>61387533
Laying it on way too thick here. Tilea and Estalia lists, let alone Bretonnia, are easily constructed in either of the two classic WFB editions, no homebrewing needed. Not that there's anything wrong with you or your grouo writing their own rules.
>>
>>61393879
With GW end timesing the game you could run this as an empire army.
I'm planning on it after I get the Japanese one
>>
>>61393938
GW making models for Nippon and Cathay themselves would have been awesome. Too many wargames neglect having Asian mythology. I'm actually going to be the Landsknecht for a KoW army or something as the Japanese that Warlord sells aren't very good models.
>>
>>61393995
>spoiler
Historical HRE or Fantasy KoM?
>>
>>61393938
I'm definitely going to get some of those lovely Landsknechte after I get settled down again.
>>
>>61394015
Probably the League of Rhordia as they are sort of the Empire equivalent. I am of course going to find some company that makes halflings so I can field regiments of midgets to go alongside a GW hotpot I got on Ebay, but the landsknecht should be a swanky option for making the core of the army.
>>
>>61387533
They cover over 20 periods and conflicts with a huge variety within their ranges which can encompass several conflicts and factions with each range, many of which are very poorly represented else where.
>>
>>61393938
oooh very nice
>>
>>61393938
hmmm an all plastic box from pike and shot. interesting
>>
>>61394878
I know, metal is better but what can you do?
>>
>>61395046
metal is shite.
>>
>>61395046
Buy the box of metals?
>>
>>61385360
These guys are definitely inferior to longbows
>>
>>61391806
>People make these opinions and then make obtuse lies like "It's overcrowded and overdetailed" which simply is not fucking true for any part of the hobby.
Lies indeed. Perry minis are melty but GW is doubleplusgood. Not overdesigned at all.
>>
>>61397717
tpbp
>>
>>61393995
Titan Forge makes awesome not-Japan fantasy minis if you have the money.
>>
>>61391491
This is incorrect. But hey, whatever you have to tell yourself to not feel like a total nub of a painter man, power to you.
>>
>>61392186
>better proportioned
This is an incorrect meme opinion. Get your own.
>>
>>61372604
GW babby
>>
>>61382615
where are these from?
>>
>>61398907
Nope, it's accurate.
Look at how the male stormcast looks like a bloated Fisher price doll whole the female stormcast looks like a person in armor.
>>
>>61375438

Claymore Castings are better
>>
>>61399989
you kiss your mother with that mouth?
>>
>>61399654
Mordheim.
>>
>>61398853
At 28mm it's questionable to add a pupil or not. Even a guy like James Wappel admits it's not always worth the effort to add because it can detract from the overall aesthetic of the face. At 15mm you're absolutely fucked if you think detailed eyes look good. There's a reason why actual artists don't draw an iris or pupil on characters that are out of focus or far away.
>>
>>61401865
with tongue

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.