[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Bizarro_World_002.jpg (43 KB, 334x371)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
meanwhile on bizarro /tg/
>>
>>61981226
When are wizards going to get the buffs they deserve? You have fighters doing shit on par with Greek gods and monks who can create demiplanes just by meditating hard enough, yet wizards have zero utility. Anything that a wizard can do, another class can just flatout do better as well.
>>
Have you tried playing D&D?
>>
>>61981226
The furry units in 40k are a most welcome edition.

For the Empress.
>>
>New guy joins our campaign
>Seems cool at first, the more the merrier and what not
>He presents his character - Some random warrior dwarf in full plate and an axe
>Sits kind of weird with my dual-katana ranger and my friend's Tiefling warlock but whatever
>As we keep playing, we find out how fucking insufferable he was
>Keeps claiming that Katanas aren't the best swords
>Groans at our really cool one-liners we say when we attack
>Trying really hard to portray his character like a fucking tool
>Actively trying to avoid going for the GM's magical realm stuff

Any more That Guy stories?
>>
warhammer adventures books are the best thing that happened to Warhammer IP
>>
end times and Age of sigmar is the best thing that happened to Warhammer fantasy
>>
>>61981305
>new player comes in
>takes an issue to my best player's twin succubi slave girlfriends
>takes issue with me assigning him smaller part of the loot because he's lower level
>donates his share of the money to an orphanage we fought in for no reason
>throw out new adventure hook before the end of the session, a crime scene smelling of ammonia because of a vampire mutant rampaging through the nearby villages, that feeds on blood but needs to actually piss out the six liters of blood, but he seems copletely uninterested in it despite it being such a unique gimmick I came up with myself
He's a real troublemaker. How do I integrate him more easily to the party?
>>
>>61981416
ugh, i hate those guys
>>
OP is not a faggot.
>>
>>61981226
I don't enjoy the salty tears of Fantasy grognards.
Square bases are aesthetic af.
>>
File: 1...what.gif (2.76 MB, 600x338)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB GIF
>>61981226
I really wish Rifts would get more supplements. It's such a great little game, with elegant, tight rules... it really deserves more than the single supplement that came out for it.
>>
File: nod approval.gif (1.85 MB, 235x240)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
>>61981767
>>
good meme
>>
>>61981242
3E was the worst for this, what with only being able to cast 1 fireball per week and having to prep sacrifices and reagents for hours, but 5E leveled the playing field nicely. Now it only take 10 minutes per level to cast a spell and there's even one 3rd level spell that does 3d6 damage. Sick stuff, casters should be happy now.

I'm writing up a homebrew where archwizards can even cast "level 4" spells. Unofficial, of course.
>>
>>61981416
Does he at least participate in ERP with everyone else? Probably still salvageable if so
>>
>>61981226
Konosuba is the best Fantasy anime and the best /tg/ media. Isekai is the best and greatest improvement to the Fantasy genre.
>>
>>61981884
I don't know man, he's weird. Like he tried to buy into our group with bringing some snacks, but then he pulled this little paper coaster out of his coat's pocket and put his soda on it. Who does that?
>>
>>61981226
OP is not a fag
>>
Lifting stories? Yeah I have some.
Head into this new gym, recently built.
>free entry for the first day so I’ll take it just to look around at least.
Upon entry the place is packed with -and I am fully serious here- meme lifters, Burnell jumps, nippple cries, zombie fuckers, the whole deal.
Only thing free is a squat rack, but I want OHP. Fine, I’ll ohp in squat rack.

Start working out and some girl comes up to me, asking if I could go back in time and get i the day is the bestselling day after the work church is in going into o on a date day.

She’s kinda cute with her hoodie on and her baggy clothes. So I tell her he’s the man and she I don’t know have how what I say and to I.

Ff to lunch time that day, gym cafeteria is empty so we take out date there and start crunching the monkey.
She is cute, might see her again. What do?
>>
>>61981898
>Konosuba
>not the masterpiece that is Smartphone Isekai
>>
>>61981226
Guys, I need your help:
There's too many good games going on around me right now and I just don't have enough time for all of them, but I really, really don't want to cause any trouble to my fellow players and GMs by dropping off, wat do?
>>
>>61981226
FATAL is great system that represent wholsome christian family friendly values
>>
>>61982421
I wouldn't worry about it. Just go to the games you want to go to the most and leave the other games open as an option just in case another game gets cancelled for one reason or another.
>>
I love the direction MaRo has taken Magic. So many awesome new cards coming out, the art is amazing, and Boros is finally getting the support it deserves. Who else /hype/ for GRN?
>>
Men should have -4 CHA
>>
>>61981226
V5 is so good
>>
Boy what a quality board.
>>
>>61981226
Did you guys hear how overpowered Storm Herald Barbarian is? Sure beats the meh Bear Totem Barbarian or the super weak as fuck Open Hand Monk.
>>
Boy oh boy Marissa sure is the best player on Critical Role
>>
>>61981226
So in these threads am I supposed to just adopt the opposite of the /tg/ hivemind or am I supposed to adopt the opposite of my opinions of the /tg/ hivemind
>>
File: Reverse tg.png (1.41 MB, 1280x720)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>61981226
>>
Anyone have any stories, homebrew or interesting things they would like to talk about regarding their setting? I'd like to hear it and respond thoughtfully and indepth. Don't worry, I won't reply to the entire thread in one post like some cum-gargling, hand-flapping autist.
>>
>>61984064
>games getting cancelled
Does this actually happen? I though it was a meme.
>>
>>61985123
My players are investigating some sort of mad druid. Could you post the stats for an Owlbear? I'd like to do some kind of piss-based beast
>>
Can we have a historical thread? I haven't complained about useless historical terminology to signal how autistic I am while completely missing all social queues and modern colloquialisms in quite some time.
>>
>>61981226
Reasonable discussion where nobody takes bait.
>>
I have played so many trpgs I'm getting sick of it. Also, I wish we had more threads pitting 40K against things, we don't have enough of those.
>>
>>61985168
I have been in a game that canceled after a year, which sucked, the GMs story was really well written.

But yeah, most games tend to finish what they start and rarely derail but it can happen
>>
>>61981226
guys GW lowered their prices again. 20 Cadians are now $5
>>
>>61981226
both the orks and talking like orks aren't funny, the eldar on the other hand...
>>
>>61981226
We should have male space marines. Why should it be an all-female institution? Even if we buy into the WG excuse that the empress needed complete XX chromosomes to make the primarchs, she is still the goddamn empress. Males make just as much sense as female space marines, they would be all so pumped up in hormones to matter.

As for the "they are supposed to take inspiration on nuns and sororities, which did not allow males and called each other sisters", I think we crossed that line when they became super-armored darkgrim futuristic space nuns.

And fulgrim did nothing wrong.
>>
>>61986697
OMG male space marines make me soaking wet. maybe one of two missing matriarchs was male
>>
I love people who expect games to feel like WoW!
>>
>>61981226
I love tabletop games and I enjoy playing tabletop games and I find the experience wholesome and all the people I encounter when playing it incredibly heartwarming and inspiring. I always tell new friends about the fun that can be had with tabletop rpgs.
>>
>>61987140
I think that it is great that you're having so much fun, anon.
>>
Why is beast the primordial so good!
>>
>>61987178
thanks, I appreciate your comment
Wait, this one is actually true
>>
>>61984965
They used to in V1 and Arneson Beige Book, also called Traditional D&D (TD&D).

But then in the 90s women activists started complaining and saying "It's not fair, men can be just as handsome as women!" and they removed those bits.
>>
File: download (1).png (772 KB, 800x600)
772 KB
772 KB PNG
>>61985187
>Could you post the stats for an Owlbear?
I've never seen those and they're not in any of the monster manuals from editions V1 to V6, so I doubt you'll be able to find them here or online.

They're very rare beasts and their stats even more so.

I'm just sick of all the nagapasta around here.
>>
>>61987140
You're a good, straight and wholesome person, anon, and I want to read more of your posts.
>>
File: 1517419131715.png (635 KB, 850x500)
635 KB
635 KB PNG
>>61981226
Why is Purple/Green allowed to be such an op color combination? They just send everything to the top of the opponent's library and then cast it to gain control.
Meanwhile, Blue/Yellow can't do shit. All Yellow does is turn everything into 3/3 Beasts and play fogs without a single good wincon except Venser, Resident of Eternity.
Also the Niv-Mizzet planeswalker is fucking insane. Why does nobody play it?
>>
>>61981261
spwp
>>
Its entirely right and appropriate for people to use Guard units in their marine lists. It's great to see people use them to get endless command points. Especially with the Aquila and Grand Strategist. That's a well balanced army right there
>>
>>61988450
>Also the Niv-Mizzet planeswalker is fucking insane. Why does nobody play it?
Mana cost is too low. You'll only be able to play it super early game, at which point it'll just be murderfucked by any aggro deck (which is basically all of them).
Fuck aggro, and fuck Boros, overpowered bullshit.
>>
Back to /tg/, /pol/.
>>
>invite new player to campaign
>he shows up without his girlfriend

I've never dropped a player so fast.
>>
>>61988802
I splash Purple to tax my opponents lands and vanillize creatures. I don't jam Niv-Mizzet down until the late game against aggro, or I cash in his loyalty to flashback a boardwipe if I happen to have another in my hand.
>>
>>61981261
Is D&D still a thing? Most people I know are playing long Fiasco campaigns. They don't even carry anything other than d6s at my local game shop.
>>
>>61989069
>Is D&D still a thing?
It was a passing fad around 2013 but all the kids these days are playing indie RPGs on MeCube.
>>
I actually play warhammer.
>>
>>61982785
And the writing, and historic accuracy are beyond reproach. Short of Haven: City of Violence, it might just be the best modern RPG out there
>>
>>61985047
I know. Critical Role is a fantastic representation of the tabletop community. My group is JUST like them. I was so excited when one of our players wanted to try a game in the style of Critical Role.
>>
I don't think Paizo gets enough credit.

They did so many great things for the industry. Like when they fixed all the issues in D&D 3.5e and released Pathfinder, an almost flawless game, that added tons of unique and interesting ideas instead of just re-releasing 3.5e with the serial numbers filed off. Not to mention their great quality over quantity approach.

You can see this with Starfinder, I was worried they would barely play test it and then rush it for GenCon in a broken state, but I was wrong. They took their time with it and everything worked right out of the box.

And the Pathfinder 2 playtest release was even better, I'm glad they hired on extra professional game designers and came up with some unique stuff instead of just stealing ideas from D&D 4e and 5e.

And the Pathfinder community is so welcoming, especially on the Paizo forums. Everyone there is so open minded and the developers are very professional, always keeping their cool even when pressured or asked any questions.
>>
>>61989127
>>61989359
Most of Critical Role is good, but Matt Mercer is just an awful DM. He's best at just being a cautionary tale on how not to DM. I don't know anyone who likes him at all.
>>
How i can convince mens to play traditional games ? We're aproximately 20 regular players in my club, all womens. I've seen a men entering the club once, one of the girls stared at his crotch for like, 5 minutes, the guy felt uneasy and ran away...
>>
File: 4a7.jpg (9 KB, 200x200)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
TotalBiscuit got really /fit/! Glad he's living a healthier and happier life now that things have turned around for him! Love his Force of Will brews and his excellent card and product reviews! He's even dipping into miniature games now, it seems.
Anybody know any good Force of Will YouTubers?
>>
Didn't You guys notice there is shortage of /gen/erals on /tg/ lately? Maybe we should make some!
>>
>his world is a cube
>>
Why are Mages so fucking weak in the CofD?
>>
I’m absolutely POWERING through my miniature backlog. At this rate I’ll have them done any day now. Never felt more confident in my modeling and painting skills!
>>
>>61990272

Doesn't matter, because no one plays it. Everyone now plays Mummy, Protean and Changeling. You know how /tg/ is full of people who actually play games they talk about right?
>>
I am a successful and well adjusted human being and I enjoy civil discussions on the internet
>>
File: 9598281.png (269 KB, 715x560)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>61990451
Fucking degenerate.
>>
>>61990525
I value your feedback as a strife to grow as a person, anon. Thank you!
>>
I don't actively hate myself.
>>
>>61981226
I really think that we need more threads about fetishes and lewd games. Such things do not get represented here because most of us live sexually healthy and active lives, but such threads would be nice, especially a regular one centered on monsters, except they are sexy girls
>>
>>61981305
Why all hate tiefliengs warlocks so much?
>>
Me love Marisha Rey on Critical Role. Me glad that we have threads to positively discuss the show and appreciate her and Taelisin. It shame that Travis and Sam can’t be as good
>>
File: I'm still in Saigon.png (329 KB, 379x319)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>61991884
Monsters but they are sexy girls? I don't think that would catch on here. Nobody would want to fantasize about cartoons when they live sexually healthy and active lives, anon.
>>
File: 1528371797618.jpg (133 KB, 850x850)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>61981226
>meanwhile on bizarro /tg/
elves are held in high regard, and people M'Lady and Tip Fedoras to elf posters.

female space marines are accepted as the new direction for GW and the lore.

and we get to have lewd threads back
>>
>>61992076
elf mastah, wat do
>>
>>61982221
Is this a /fit/ meme cause I saw something that was similarly unintelligible on /k/ a day or two ago.
>>
>>61988450
>why does nobody play it?
Because her art was some noname MALE who drew her with exposed shoulders and only one chin. Yeah you’re not getting a spot in my purple-blue Intersectional Activism deck.

Speaking of which what the fuck is with Elspeths new art? Xe’s still white.
>>
>>61992527
What? When did they start adding Intersectional cards?
Last time I was actively playing magic was when the MTG staff went on a rant about non-whites and declared that they're going to put way more white representation in their games, around the time that Jeremy from Unsleeved Media ditched Yu-Gi-Oh for blacklisting him.
>>
WTF ??????!!!!!!
Why everyone on this thread is anonymous LOL
>>
>>61992885
I do not appreciate this post
>>
>>61981226
Gurps is a good game, we should all play it.
>>
I agree with you.
>>
Do you guys know what I miss? Yu-Gi-Oh.
Remember that one early 2000s meme card game?
I mean, I know how everybody plays Duel Masters these days, but dang, can't a guy find a damn playgroup for an obscure card game?
>>
People who don't consider themselves to be oppressed victims are a legitimate group with their own preferences, and it's okay for companies to cater to them.
>>
>>61992915
YEAH THANKS NOBODY ON BIZARRO /TG/ WANT TO BE APPRECIATED AND WHY ARE U ANONYMOUS YOU GUYS ARE WIERD
>>
>>61981898
this is supposed to be bizarro tg
>>
I wish girls would stop hitting on me. Sick of being the only guy at the table, every time.
>>
I love having fun, fun is the best
>>
>>61993082
> RGR /tg/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPleY9fh3YE
>>
I feel like we need more representation of people of whiteness in traditional games. I was thinking about bitching at developers on twitter and demanding that they change all their products to suit me specifically, but then I thought, "Hey, I can just make my own game!"
>>
>>61989546
They don't belong in our hobby.
>>
So I left my 4th game group this week. The GM tried to have us play his wierd, sick, bland fantasy setting with elves, dwarves, humans and absolutely no furry-trap-loli-tentacle-rape orgies. Can you guys believe that?
>>
>>61993559
Spaghetti? Asking for myself solely for masturbation purposes, I swear!
>>
>>61993603
I honestly don't remember... Sorry...
>>
>>61993664
That's ok. I'll go on /a/ and they'll be happy to provide me answers.
>>
>>61993734
return with the spaghetti
>>
File: 1514749644046.jpg (7 KB, 173x237)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>61993734
SHIT GOT TOO REAL, I'M BEING DRAGGED BACK TO MY HOME REALITY!!!!
>>
>>61981226
Raping elves is a bad thing.
>>
File: Goblin.jpg (60 KB, 488x518)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>61981226
>tfw nobody will debate me about which edition is best

Guess I'll have to work out instead :/
>>
>>61989448
My DM would probably unironically suck the soul out of Mercer's dick, but I've never watcher the show, so I don't know if it has any basis.
What's /tg/'s reason to dislike him? Why is he so trash? Marisha is his girlfriend, right? I can see how this would suck for the campaign, but is here anything else?
I wanna show this to my DM for him to stop shilling for CR, please help.
>>
File: 1293082206485.jpg (35 KB, 444x353)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>61993004
You sound really happy with that anon's post. Well, Overlord is also a great Fantasy anime/novel. It's great writing and fantastic execution of the fantasy genre is quite extraordinary.
>>
>>61981242
Just play palladium, the only game where wizards are the most powerful, take a step back and play AD&D, I mean Thac0 as you know is the best system ever, and man was multi-classing and dual classing easy.
Oh and back to palladium for a hot minute, remember how well put together that was, hmm just best, and the edit, why cant more system do editing and layout like they did.
>>
>>61993768
It's rape if you're a human.
>>
Why is it most system STR is so powerful, and why is Dex always such a dump stat.
>>
File: 1450492406238.gif (342 KB, 666x386)
342 KB
342 KB GIF
>>61981226
I love skub!
>>
File: brighten up.png (66 KB, 326x558)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>61996389
me too
>>
>>61992885
Finally a sane underage on this board. The mods have to be asleep since they aren't baning all those adults.
>>
One thing about /tg/ that I love is that it's so good at not responding to obvious bait and troll threads. Especially since we have so few of them!
>>
>>61996389
well, i honestly dislike skub myself, but i respect your opinion
>>
File: Spoiler Image (70 KB, 499x481)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>61992962
>Duel Masters
>>
>>61994738
i know, right?
>>
>>61986538
Man, I know it's a joke but this still cuts me deeply
>>
>>61984883
Here. Also love the new modern support set they are coming out with. I can build my Affinity deck for 100$
>>
Dang fellas, I am sick of getting all these damn Plastic Sororitas, when are we getting those plastic Space Marines that they promised us, huh?
>>
We really could do with more tower girl threads. Oh, do you guys want to have a Monster Girl worldbuilding thread? We haven't had those in a long time, and I think it'll attract more men to our all-women little known hobby!
>>
File: 1518140215271.gif (1.83 MB, 275x154)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB GIF
>>62001033
>using plastic for models,
steel is objectively better for models anon
>>
>>61981226
The Imperium of Man is the most well thought out and rounded protagonist group that has ever been created and the Sisters of Battle do nothing to my dick.
>>
>>61981226
I actually Jacked Off before posting today.
>>
>>62001557
I know this is bizzaro /tg/, but it's beyond belief that could theoretically happen
>>
I just got into Warhammer 40k, I'm so glad that tabletop gaming is such an affordable hobby.
>>
>>62001618
I know, and what I really love is the low entry price!
>>
File: 1534688473441.jpg (114 KB, 791x1011)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
god i just fucking hate skeletons so much, why are they so retarded
>>
>>61993108
Whoa whoa whoa, I know this is Bizarro /tg/ but that's going too goddamn far.
>>
>>61981226
games workshops continued price drops are really cheapening their IP. it's been downhill ever since hasbro took over.
>>
I'm so glad we can play with balanced, fun firearms in fantasy games without people throwing a shitfit over nothing.
>>
>>61981226
I actually play the games I complain about.
>>
>>62003302
AH MY FREAKIN EYES!
>>
>>62003302
what the fuck is up with this post, why have you done this.
>>
I would never post faulty builds in cyoa threads
>>
>>62003302
It's subtle but I get it
>>
>>62003557
I'm glad someone did
>>
>>62003582
Holy shit I just figured it out you are a smarter man than me
>>
>>62003557
>>62003582
>>62003645
.......I don't get it.
>>
>>62003302
I swear to god if this is loss....
>>
>>62003682
>>62003746

he replied to every thread in the post except this one

>>61985123
>>
File: uDNwRbC.jpg (148 KB, 1911x1026)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>62003835
holy shit.
>>
>>62003835
Mother of god.
>>
File: Cavatina_Xarann.jpg (85 KB, 563x799)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Elf mistress wat do
>>
I'm glad that /pol/ is allowed to post on /tg/. They always create the best political and modern-set campaigns.
>>
File: 13502-26426-30476.png (193 KB, 365x470)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>62006936
>>
File: 1537044485222.png (190 KB, 365x470)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>62006981
>>
>>62007102
>not "politically correct"
Everyone knows /pol/ became woke years ago.
>>
>>61981226
God, I hate Magnus. He did literally everything wrong.
>>
Stop playing things that aren't DnD
>>
Why the fuck are martial girls so fucking broken? My wizard should be able to warp reality and the girls can just throw mountains, this is so fucking blullshit!
>>
>>61981226
I barely have time to reply, I'm so busy playing boardgames all the time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.