[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 40k General.png (1.4 MB, 1024x768)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
You'll get nothing and like it! Edition

>Warhammer 40k News
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000-news/

>WarhammerTV Tip of the Day:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEaPE4sLDA7vV_cnmgVFfkdqv0M7EBb6T

>Rules Errata, FAQs, and Commentaries:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#!QqBkWByb!Uc39uN2gJ3CxsqaXf2mACDY2Y197BtFVCqvuKeOXm0o

>Audiobook Mega:
https://mega.nz/#F!OdUR3TTS!qnJTHcZEwv-KRiJOq4aRTA!OVsgDJJL
>The Lords of Silence audio book:
https://mega.nz/#!aNhjWKxL!EEjXUzNGq8Si_Ha54iqW394_N1SNgBc2LD50JdSt_N8

>Mathhammer:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M

>Last thread
>>61982752
>>
>Death Guard Lords and Sorcerers lack Toughness 5 and Disgustingly Resilient
Please explain why.
>>
>>61987224
Because Mortarian hates sorcerers.
>>
>>61987224
*All* the Index pastejobs lack it.
>>
How good is the ‘new’IG tank with all volkite weaponry? Does losing 1 strength for mortal wounds on a 6 make the Autocannon worthwhile now?
>>
Anyone ever bought anything from the warhammer art site? Kinda feel like buying a poster or something but they're a bit expensive.
>>
>>61987224
Death Guard Chaos Lords are just posers.

REAL Death Guard Chaos Lords are called Lord of Contagions

Same with Sorcerers.
>>
POST WHAT YOURE WORKING ON TODAY ANONS (models and spreadsheets welcome)
>>
>>61987285
its 108 points for an all volkite loadout, which isnt bad until you realise that thing has fuckall range and hits on 5+ if it moves
>>
I'm gonna enjoy you faggots shit yourself when CP stay global and they just nerf CP recovery sightly.

It's going to be even more entertaining than the Drukhari Detachment thing.
>>
>>61987224
Because fuck you thats why.
>>
>>61987299
Gonna finally spread the sand on my armies on parade board. Had to do that little platform real quick and add some rocks scattered around last night.
>>
So now that it's had time to be properly set into the game, what do you think about Primaris Marines? I'd like to hear your thoughts on them from a Fluff and Crunch point of view.
>>
File: IMG-20180913-WA0009.jpg (873 KB, 1840x3264)
873 KB
873 KB JPG
>>61987299
finishing this
>>
>>61987344
Should just be a Special Weapons squad, legion era callback.
>>
GW brings back unit limitations from the older edition for matched play.
>Max 10 chaos chosen each 1000 points
and stuff like that, like the Tau commander
Obviously not for all units, specifically for those that are supposed to be rare
Y/N?
>>
>>61987295
>be Lord of Contagion
>does everything Typhus does but worst
Lord of Contagion only exist to sell Dark Imperium. Same with Captain in "no wargear options" Gravis. Funny how he even monkeys Guilliman weapons. At least Plaguecasters are based.
>>
>>61987344
Until they release actual cc units it’s like they barely exist for me
>>
>>61987356
How do you make it glossy?
>>
>>61987343
*provided the weather cooperates. Thunderstorms forecasted for today and I’m watching the clouds build out my window at work right now.
>>
>>61987308
And when you're wrong and the material we've already seen you'll go radio silent like the fag you are
>>
>>61987356
Sorry to say but that's the most plastic-toy looking thing I've even seen.

Like straight off a chinese assembly line and splattered with blood effects.
>>
>>61987400
Raining daily for a month now, but next week promises a whopping 4 days of sun!
>>
>>61987344
Intercessors and Hellblasters are aesthetic. The rest, lore included, sucks Nurgle's ass.
>>
>>61987344
Sweet models and rules, really interesting direction to take Marines on the tabletop, but the lore is absolute SHIT. Personally I think it should have just been left at a new mark of armor, vehicles, and weapons along with guilliman rewriting the codex for the new squad formations
>>
>>61987397
seraphim sepia and blood for the blood god
>>
Easy way to remove this imperial super soup without nerfing guard.

1. Make the guard stuff guard-specific. Have the grand strategist warlord trait only trigger when a guard stratagem (or command reroll) are used.

2. Make it a requirement that you can include 1 platoon commander for every 250 points in your list and 1 company commander for every 500 points.

Boom. You nerf CP regen for soup lists. You force soup to invest significantly more into guard if they want to bring guard commanders. And you do it all without nerfing mono-guard in the slightest, or doing really confusing several faction-specific CP pools nonsense. And it still feels very guard.
>>
File: New40kDarkImpPrimaris.jpg (88 KB, 1000x441)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>61987436
>>61987442
So what would be a good solution for them in Fluff?
>>
I love badass babes in scifi, seriously what's more cool than a woman with a huge sword or gun ? It's like taking a man with a sword or gun and amplify it by TEN. The sheer viciousness and the alien strangeness that resides in the female SEX casts open the visceral violence scenarios much clearer than the typical "big guy dude" could ever do. I keep getting tears over this but my Knights are piloted by my SoB (Sister of Battle) OC, they are fierce and strong, loyal and entirely devoted to the emperor and each other. They'd be mary sue but unlike regular SoB "Chapters" they DO NOT aid or disturb the innocent imperial civillians unless they have potential to become initiates and acolytes. I'll spare you the details but it's awesome. My army has tons of young female acolytes learning how to serve the Knight pilots and the mainstay SoB army. Seriously how can it be more awesome? I've got so much to say about my army but I just wanted to spill some like I do at the table. Everyone made fun of me last time but to this day I've yet had anyone "call me out" for dropping hints on my army fluff or correcting someone when they say "Lasgun on knight" instead of "Lasgun on Saphoria" (or just Saph). I never figure out how to end these lessons so I'll just STOP HERE. By the way I said last time was done with tg but I keep saying supporting post such as the ones I linked. Keep up the fight! Badass babes are the best, only topped by Badass knights. Just kidding they're all good.
>>
>>61987502
>Confusing
Nigger it's three numbers.
>>
>>61987502
>2. Make it a requirement that you can include 1 platoon commander for every 250 points in your list and 1 company commander for every 500 points.

i assume you mean for every x points of guard, otherwise this wouldn't change anything

assuming that straken is also restricted this way, people would run 2 psykers and 1 commisar instead, they would lose out on orders but they keep the leadership buff which is key for catachan

guard is only half of the CP regen story for imperium remember, blood angels vitae relic is how people can regen more than they spend
>>
File: 1533011750328.gif (552 KB, 480x360)
552 KB
552 KB GIF
Reminder that all our memes and armies are stale and boring, we need something new
>>
>>61987356
Broski can you tell me how big this thing is?
I had a conversion in mind for a while but I don't know iff the size is right
>>
>>61987522
give them less personality/humanity. even normal space marines are barely humans and primares are just too above normal humans.

but then again, how would one conect with them?
>>
>>61987344
Don't like the fluff. Don't like the models. Don't like the rules - they aren't bad, just boring and inflexible. All in all I think they're a stupid inclusion and I just do my best to ignore them.
>>
>>61987502
>Make it a requirement that you can include 1 platoon commander for every 250 points in your list and 1 company commander for every 500 points.
Wow, its fucking nothing
>>
>>61987502
>Your Warlord must be from the faction with the most points/PL.

There you go. 50% of the Guard regen is lost by soupers. And zero effect to pure Guard
>>
>>61987522
It's too late now, but it would be GREAT if they integrated some of that "primaris hate" into the story line. Primaris should have been the villains from WITHIN, Guillemans lapdogs and his deadmans-switch, infiltrated Primaris marines all over the space marines chapters listning only to HIM and him alone. Who knows what would happen if he would die or become powermad?

Instead all the chapters love the new guys and everyone that doesn't like them still have them.
>>
>>61987522
Like the other guy said. Just say they got MkX armor, which is more expensive than older armor but better. No reason to have Mary Sue Cawl magically creating Marines++, or anything like that.
>>
File: Swordanboard.jpg (495 KB, 1606x1929)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
>>61987299
This.
It is my personal opinion that a new circle primaris unit composed of veteran primaris marines with power swords and storm shields would be cool as all hell and should be added to the dark angels.
>>
File: 1452822228763.png (569 KB, 1000x1000)
569 KB
569 KB PNG
>>
File: Wy3A7Zv.png (756 KB, 997x562)
756 KB
756 KB PNG
>>61987522
Hope they are gonna address the elephant in the room when Fabulous Bile inevitably corrupt some primaris for Abbadon.

>>61987585
>making primaris even more like stormcast eternals
I hate you.
>>
>>61987522
The guy that's been working on upgrading marines since 2nd edition made them and not the literal who from the AdMech that GW pulled from their ass.
>>
>>61987549
What's three numbers.
>>
>>61987575
Gunline daemons
>>
>>61987575
>My Rambo Officer army
>Boring
>Tons of little individual characters with meltabombs and power fists running around the battlefield and giving themselves "orders" to fulfill their suicide missions
>Silly, fluffy and won a local tournament
>boring
>>
>>61987602
Is that just the standard Dangel Terminator arm? Or did you do some cutting?
>>
>>61987522
Fold them in, upgrade oldmarines, eventually leaving just Space Marines.
>>
>>61987622
The maximum number of CP pools you'll have to track after the FAQ
>>
File: 1518301384394.png (45 KB, 295x353)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>61987620
i have no plan what AoS is like, since i dont give a fuck about it. i had literally no idea.
>>
>>61987620
>>making primaris even more like stormcast eternals

That would actually make Primaris LESS like Stormcast, given that the Stormcast aren't as heavily brainwashed and indoctrinated as Space Marines are. They have more rounded personalities and can still have relationships with mortals, even if the become more and more like automatons as they're reforged.
>>
>>61987607
when did it become cool to be a submissive faggot that cried about WAAC ?
>>
>>61987575
Memes are shit and should be tossed by the roadside.

The concept of something being funny because it's repeated often is trash.
>>
>>61987344
My brain still has trouble processing them as real and I get vaguely surprised whenever they are mentioned
>>
File: 4213213213.png (1.63 MB, 1517x581)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
Anyone like my Kann?
>>
>>61987621
You know? That would've been fucking cool.

>fabius says "fuck this chaos bullshit"
>makes a deal with newly revived gully boy
>bam now we have primaris AND internecine conflict
>>
>>61987644
>They have more rounded personalities and can still have relationships with mortals, even if the become more and more like automatons as they're reforged.

Stormcasts become more indoctrinated the more they die as they lose their "self" and only have their call of duty left.
>>
>>61987607
GIVE US MONEY
GIVE US MONEY
GIVE US MONEY

Hey btw. If you give us money. You will see better videos I promise!

Ohh do you want too see the interesting part of a video. GIVE US MONEY
>>
>>61987660
memes are part of all cultures since ancient times.
t. culture student
Without memes, we are nothing
>>
>>61987670
i like it, anon.
>>
Arsepull / 10.

Space Marine+ are called Custodes.
>>
>>61987636
I gave it a standard marine shoulder pad, but otherwise it's the regular DA termie shield. I figured the extra cabling and heavier arm would be fitting for such a huge shield.
>>
File: 1531766469799.png (379 KB, 650x650)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
>>61987522
Put the crazy/bloodthirsty marines into Interceptor squads and let them bumrush the enemy front lines to draw fire.

Have some kind of teleport beacons or some shit strategem that allows you to put Aggressors into reserve so you can deepstrike them. and potentially give them an invul (at minimum a 6+) save. Let them act as bargain bin terminators. For missions where terminator armor is needed, but too precious or there are too few marines to deploy terminator teams so that Aggressors can prove themselves.
>>
>>61987670
no
>>
File: lanzichenecchi.jpg (276 KB, 1023x522)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>61987644
>even if the become more and more like automatons as they're reforged
Yes that's what I was talking about.

>mfw lanzichenecchi aren't the face of humanity in warhammer anymore
It hurts.
>>
>>61987621
My headcannon is that Cawl is the original Fabius Bile and other Biles are clones.
>>
Can anyone reccomend a heavy support choice for my Thousand Sons?
>>
>>61987689
"Natural" memes stick because they have relevance, trying to make them relevant by repeating them
>>
>>61987697
>I figured the extra cabling and heavier arm would be fitting for such a huge shield.
Fair enough. From the little I could see, I thought as much.

Nicely done.
>>
>>61987597
They kinda do something like that in one of the recent novels when a injured Iron Warrior's last words were talking to a normal Space Marine about Thunder Warriors and how they got the Old Yeller treatment when their replacements came along. The Space Marine then talks to a couple of Primaris and they are really shifty around the subject. So I hope that leads somewhere.
>>
>>61987522
I actually really like the idea that they are all from 30k.

Wake up 10k years later. What happened? What's all this god shit?

I wish they would talk about it more.
>>
>>61987670
Simple, clean, it works, only beef is with the flat looking rocks.
>>
>btw I secretly made legion amounts of new marines better than the emperor managed on my own without anyone knowing

lol
>>
>>61987720
>a heavy support choice for my Thousand Sons?

I really like my Defiler.

But then again I Daemon Soup. So I get +1 to Wound and reroll 1s to wound aura. So they hurt.
>>
>>61987344
Regular primaris models look good. Much better than the old manlets. Lore wise, they are trash. Rules wise they get some things right like 2 wounds, etc, but they are still trash, and the lack of a dedicated melee primaries team is sad. Inceptors and gravis look really dumb. They are great for conversions though for your own chapter, and they are much more fun to build and paint than manlets. Having them all have the exact same helmets and look so clean is shitty, but nothing a few kit bashes and a good paint job won't fix. They also feel like they take a lot longer to paint even being just slightly bigger, but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>61987735
A lie told thousand times becomes the truth.
>>
>>61987742
It wont lead anywhere because GW isnt going to squat their primary model range
>>
>>61987640
Lets assume you're right. You're not keeping track of just 3 numbers. You have 3 different CP pools. Then you have your victory points. Then you have your turn counter. You're already keeping track of a minimum 5 different numbers every turn. That is going to confuse a leviathan number of players, I guarantee it.

"Huh? You just used 2 CP from your middle die and not your left die."

"Yeah, the middle die is my universal CP pool."

"No it isn't! That's your left die! You used stratagem X from your left pool 2 turns ago, don't you remember?"

"... Oh fuck that should've been the right pool, not the left pool 2 turns ago! Fuck. I don't know where I'm at anymore."

Or... you could cut all that confusing horsehit out and make it so your warlord only refunds points for his own faction's stratagems.
>>
>>61987720
Depends on what you need. Preds and Defilers are great for anti-tank which Tsons lack. The Defiler pulls ahead when you're running heralds that can cast flickering flames on it. Otherwise the MVB is a decent distraction monster that synergies well with Tzaangors or spawn.
>>
>>61987755
And it only took 10,000 years
>>
>>61987755
>better than the emperor managed
It took him 10,000 years for minor improvements. The Emperor could make better Marines but it's literally canon that he wanted ease of production rather than unstoppable shit. He also used the Emperor's own notes, the entire power of Mars, the original Primarch samples and he STILL couldn't fix the problems.

Meanwhile, Chaos has been shitting out better than Marines for thousands of years.
>>
>>61987752
Agree about the 'rocks'; I was trying something new with just bits of card stock I had laying around but it didn't pan out.
>>
>>61987777
>counting more than one die pool is too complicated

the absolute state of 40k players
>>
How do I feel the 40k magic again?
>>
>>61987764
"If I wear my shoes on the wrong feet long enough and tel everyone about it, it'll be cool and everyone else will pick it up."
>>
>>61987803
stop reading these threads
>>
>>61987800
>and he STILL couldn't fix the problems.

That Dark Angels are heretics or some other problem I'm unaware of?
>>
>>61987801
It can work if you did it s as say part of a old paved road.
>>
>>61987777
Literally only a problem if you have a learning disability or something and are running three detachments. Because you already have to track three of the things, two more maximum is not a significant increase.

You're right that people will complain, but people always complain. If you're so stupid you can't keep track of three fucking numbers then this is not the game for you
>>
>>61987644
>>61987673
>>61987714
Stormcasts could actually remain “human” forever, but dying and being reforged in an eternal cycle takes its toll to the point that, eventually, they can’t bear with it anymore and they just want to die
When that happens, however, Sigmar torns apart their souls, taking away their desire to finally rest until they become the automaton
>>
>>61987803

>>61987820
This.
>>
>>61987823
He told Girlyman he fixed the genetic deviancies of the Blood Angels and Space Wolves. He did not. Blood Angels still have the Red Thirst as Primarchs and Primaris Space Wolves still turn into Wulfen (though there is no Primaris Wulfen because S6 would be stupid)
>>
>>61987835
>karl franz died for this
>>
You know Abaddon with his hair down looks pretty good.
>>
dark angels more like cum eating faggots
>>
>>61987838
>>61987820
how will this help me exactly
>>
>>61987823
>That Dark Angels are heretics or some other problem I'm unaware of?
Blood Angels are still affected by the Red Thirst, and by extension probably the Black Rage.

Space Wolves are still warging out.
>>
File: seal 2.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>61987803
Go down to your local game store with a fresh plate. If you have the cheddar buy a new army there and build them up in store. Try and talk to people (i'd stick to 40k as a subject matter) to get to know them better. Just try and have a fun, chilled out time. Then once your new army is done try and think about it without meta lists or tournaments in mind. Go casual, go fun.
>>
>>61987863
whut
>>
>>61987863
You got a pic for that?
>>
File: 52351243214.jpg (132 KB, 481x476)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>
I want a Knight but I'm so worried about painting it and having it look bad. To make it look good I think I need to grab a spray gun and at least 10 new paints. Looking at Knights on the GW site is giving me anxiety.
>>
>>61987546
Thanks for reminding us this pasta, anon
>>
File: AbaddonTOH.jpg (118 KB, 742x1147)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>61987897
I do have a pic for that. I like the unwashed scruffiness.
>>
>>61987878
I'm too poor for true 40k, I have Iron Warriors KT, thinking about Tau. Are they fun?
>>
File: 1429307259829.png (39 KB, 626x551)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>Orks are a melee race!
>I2
>>
>>61987860
Well, people complained it wasn’t grimdark enough
>>
>>61987867
You won't be dragged into the muck of competitive v casual, my army is shit, this unit is shit, my lgs is shit, painting is pointless.

Come for rumors, then run away, if you need inspiration sneak into /wip/, 40kg is where people come to NOT play or work on 40k.
>>
>>61987783
But the defiler looks goofy and the vortex beast looks like crap
>>
>>61987720
I like dinobots
>>
>>61987935
more like
EZ KILL FAGGOTRON
>>
File: oshrekalul.jpg (72 KB, 473x630)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>61987935
>that image
>>
>>61987960
Just use whatever then.
>>
File: 1484173515979.jpg (84 KB, 1024x485)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
So how are Tourny lists looking for Orks?
>>
>>61987803

Start a narrative campaign. Kill Team is an excellent thing to add as well. My FLGS is making a homebrewed Campaign where each player has a main 2k battle force and a few squads of Kill Team. You take sections of the map either with your Kill Team or with your main army, getting requisition points for your big army (repair and replace vehicles/infantry) while getting EXP for your Kill Team.

It will finally end in one big battle, with any surviving Kill Team squads joining up with the main army, with plenty of objectives that need completing. Its gonna be ace.
>>
>>61987946
>Tau are a melee race!
>S3
>>
>>61987985
As many Boyz as you can and you have the time run out to win
>>
File: DropPod01.png (193 KB, 809x507)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
How to fix drop pods /tg/ ?
>>
>>61987985
Boyz spam and slow play
>>
File: Dark Eldar Bargaining.jpg (193 KB, 600x856)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>61987943
Tau have a somewhat mono playstyle. They are all about shooting, which they do well, but they crumple like tissue paper in a hurricane in close combat. Don't get me wrong they can have a stupid amount of Dakka, but if you want something that has lots of different styles, i'd check out Dark Eldar. They can be quite varied. Plus they are quite good for Kill Team if that interests you.
>>
>>61987985
Every tourney list has Mek on bike with KFF. Oh wait HQ on bike will not be included in the codex :^)
>>
>>61988010
Points drop down to 40.
They can should NOT cost more then a fucking rhino.
>>
File: 1406466248394.jpg (109 KB, 662x513)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>61988022
>but they crumple like tissue paper in a hurricane in close combat.

It's a shame the whole Kroot and Vespid aspect of Tau has been completely forgotten in favour of gundam wing.
>>
>>61988001
>>61988020
>>61988040

Fluffy...but a bit disappointing then.
>>
>>61988088
>slow play
>fluffy
No
>>
>>61987785
Just makes it less believable nobody blew the whistle in all that time
>>
>>61987970
Hot.
>>
>>61988043
I agree but I even then they wouldt be really usefull...
>>
>>61988047
>Kroot and Vespid aspect of Tau has been completely forgotten in favour of gundam wing

I'm glad, some of those models were old as shit. I'll be glad when they give them the gsc treatment and throw them in their own codex.
>>
>>61988022
Dark Eldar seem equally as glass as Tau though
>>
>mech guard points costs make my list half the number of models it used to be

I should have just bought dark eldar so my playstyle would be safe from edition changes. Cant stand slow gunline armies
>>
>>61988108
At least it doesn't feel like an utter waste of points at 40
It'd only feel like a poor choice
>>
>>61988097

Come on man, you know I was talking about the mass Boys.
>>
Lets not pretend drop pods were suddenly good in 7th. The only reason they were good was because space marine niggas were getting them completely free on everything.
>>
>>61987826
It is a significant increase. You can just as easily say "If you can't draw a line between the barrel of your sponon and its target, you're a fucking retard and 40k isn't for you." This is a dumb argument to justify things being needlessly convoluted when they absolutely don't need to be. Armor facing, glancing hits, penetrating hits, firing arcs, access points, pinning, initiative. 8th edition moved away from dumb horseshit like this, and you're just orgasming at the thought of a fucking spreadsheet and calculator.
>>
>>61988100
Admech is a big organization anon, no way of knowing how many people were involved in the project and how many beyond that were silenced one way or another.
>>
>>61988010
Make them not cap objectives and not prevent deepstriking near them, and cost ~15 points.
>>
File: 13609778358339.jpg (447 KB, 1200x1200)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>61988010
Make them Roks and give em to Orks.
>>
>>61988176
Sometimes its hard to tell
Some people enjoy playing the system. It makes them feel superior to dance around the rules and more importantly, dance around the lack of rules.
"Theres no rule saying I can't therefore I can!"
>>
>>61988185
Having to argue shit like vehicle facings with faggots that always had their vehicles asses together in a way the troops couldn't even get out, and how many dudes were in the way of a template were the fucking worst and I'm glad they're gone.
>>
>>61988185
>If you can't draw a line between the barrel of your sponon and its target, you're a fucking retard and 40k isn't for you.

This, but unironically
>>
File: 1530369943538.jpg (24 KB, 288x252)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>61987953
>painting is pointless
You are confusing /tg/ with reddit you fucking redditor. People around here will punch your teeth out for saying painting is pointless.
>>
>>61988217
go play HH, you crusty autist
>>
>>61987962
Are forge fiends any good?
>>
>>61987224
Chaos Lords are fucking boring
They should get at least one weapon option or ability to go with whatever their mark is
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.13 MB, 1000x1396)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>61988101
She is NOT for you.
>>
>>61987985
Lots of boys, weirdboy smite & Jumper and untargetable Mek gun crew parked on objectives.
>>
>>61988259
>tfw raped to death than reforged to fight again
>>
>>61988185
Dude if you can't drawl a line from point a to b you actually are retarded.

It's a simple, clean, effective fix and your entire argument against relies on people believing that tracking three numbers is hard for normal people and since people play with vehicles and multiwound models all the time I dount that's the case

Seriously, at most it is three numbers that you only subtract between 1-3 from at any given time. Do you have any idea how pathetic this argument is?
>>
>>61988213
Well that WAS how their last good codex worked, well sort off, a wide range of "everyone has to obey the BRB rules, but we get an exception"
>>
>>61988272
>untargetable Mek gun crew parked on objectives
What, how does that work?
>>
>>61988273
And they lose their memories
>rape fellow stormcast
>kill her
>she returns
>keep doing it until she forgets
WIN WIN.
>>
>>61988230
They might not say it but they sure as fuck show it.
>>
>>61988259
Artist?
>>
>>61988313
never had that impression
>>
File: 098098080980980.jpg (54 KB, 649x600)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>61988120
>gsc treatment and throw them in their own codex.

I'd be down for that, just make sure you've got my Knarlocs included.
>>
File: stormcast female 3.png (633 KB, 707x1000)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
>>61988324
Somebody on /tg/. I asked for it in a draw thread and they did it. Surprisingly /tg/ liked drawing Femcast. Loads of good pictures.
>>
>>61988295
Gun crew work like characters, they can only be targeted if they are the closest unit to the enemy.

As you have loads of boys, the enemy will have to shoots all the boys.. or get into melee with the grots, which the boys will be more than happy to take advantage of.
>>
>>61988348
One can only hope :^)
>>
>>61988313
I'll jokingly insult you for a shitty painting but I'll actually hate you for unpainted minis.
>>
>>61988357
Okay but How do you move the crew from the gun to the objective?
>>
>>61988348
Fuck that thing
It was always hell to fight if you weren't playing as Chaos in SS
>>
>>61988351
Not gonna lie, femcast were a good idea and I really like them. Makes sense fluffwise as opposed to fem marines that would look like male marines with long hair and slightly sharper faces. Like a bulldog trying to do its best “pretty face”.
>>
>>61987546
Jokes aside women piloting knights makes more sense than them being Frontline soldiers. Plus knight Solaria from DoW 3 is cute, CUTE!
>>
>>61988204
why havent they made some ork rok pod yet?

seems to me like most ork players would like a model like that
>>
File: 342213123.jpg (125 KB, 759x960)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>61988292

Did someone say, follow the rules?
>>
>expecting people to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours to get a fully painted army before they even play a game once

autism
>>
>>61988389
>>61987546
That's normal do you want to listen to everything in your life ? every bird chirp in the morning every cat howling in the night ? Are you an autist for ignoring it? You're not always going to hear everything that you want sometimes it's just 50% of what you want, sometimes it 20%, my stories are like 60% of what they want to hear because it's related to their interest (warhammer) and because they look fucking great. I see these people all the time it's not like it's some strangers on the sidewalk. Literally you're all piling up on me and I just made a post. I see you all the time writing about how your army did cool things and 1d4chan is filled with YOUR DUDE doing awesome shit. I can tell you right now the hundred battles that Domina and her Freed has fought and the battle scars they've amassed. My enemies soften up to my fluffyness and they USE MY OFFICIAL KNIGHT NAMES, they never say "I attack your knight" they say "4 lascannons on Domina etc etc" and even suggest things after I've played more games with them. The thing is I'm having great fun and my opponents like how my army looks. They just have to spend a few minutes hearing about my army before we play. I'm generally waaaay liked at my LGS than you and I donate directly and indirectly to keep it supported. Either by letting paint my models on a commission or by ordering everything through the store. So what if they have to listen to 5 minutes of me ranting about my (great) background lore for my army that I've spent thousand upon thousands on? You're acting like I'm raping their ears, does the cat howling in the night rape your ears ? No you just move on and live your life, same thing with my little war stories that I tell before the battle to paint the scene. THIS is warhammer. I'm not going to read anymore, it's not my feelings getting hurt or bait, it's just a trivial thing that I wanted to share to you guys, I won't shit up the thread by lingering here. I'm out
>>
>>61988389
Women piloting anything makes no sense and you shouldn't be playing DoW3.
>>
>>61988377
As far as I remember the Grots only have to be in range of the gun for the purpose of firing it.
>>
>>61988403
i dont think anyone expects that
>>
File: 1517685808671.png (973 KB, 1024x768)
973 KB
973 KB PNG
>>61988377
They are separate units, so you can just congaline them, as long as you keep one grot within 2" you can keep firing.

>>61988393
They were a thing in Apocalypse.
>>
>>61988409
There are female pilots IRL

>>61988403
>Hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars
Maybe $500 and two or three weeks for tabletop quality if you do an hour or two a night
>>
>>61988403
My biggest hold back is not having a terrain table to play on, I'm sick to death of playing on the floor.
>>
>>61988498
get a folding table
>>
>>61988285
Yeah. Firing arcs and line of sight from the barrel of the gun were a brilliant fucking idea. Let me just posses my fucking leman russ so I can go down to eye-level and see if the hull heavy bolter can see through a hole in the wall. There's no way to actually do this.

Or never actually being able to fire all the guns on a russ at any given target because the sponsons can't shoot at something directly in front of the vehicle, because it's engineered by autistic infants.

Good riddance to all that bullshit..

This "you now have 3 CP pools" is a step in the wrong direction. All they had to do is limit CP farming abilities to only trigger on stratagems of the wardlord's army. Simple. Elegant.
>>
>>61988409
Women piloting giant war machines is the only thing that makes sense for having them in war. Plus the valkyries from starcraft were sexy as fuck
>>
>>61988462
>There are female pilots IRL
That doesn't mean it makes sense just that some cultures are cucked enough to let women control machines
>>
>>61988512
You still have to draw lines tardo, you just draw them from any point to any point

I'll give you credit though, you're doing a good job making incredibly simple things look like they're Herculean. I'll accept that you are going to complain because no matter how good or simple something is, someone always complains. It's like watching Oregon complain about having to pump their own gas
>>
>>61988558
The culture that lets women control machines is the richest and most powerful in the history of the planet you brainlet
>>
>>61988534
Gotta deal with the over population problem somehow
>>
>>61988512
Except kurovs farms on the opponents abilities
>>
File: 1527554909892.png (490 KB, 602x762)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
I got a Audible credit left to spend before i cancel my sub.
Is the Overfiend Novel any good?
Or rather.. are the Orks any good, or are they just a green backdrop for Marine drama?
>>
>>61988462
>There are female pilots IRL
There are women in combat roles as well but you still shouldn't be playing DoW3.
>>
>>61988570
He does have a point, the Land Raider Prometheus, a vehicle that no one ever used from it's inception till 8th because you could only ever hit with one flamer unless the enemy WANTED to get hit with both.
>>
>>61987826
>>61987802
Top level players at tournaments have lost track of their single cp die.
>>
>>61988575
Flabby degenerate homsexuals reaping the benefits of their puritan forefathers
>>
File: 1530970209990.jpg (158 KB, 1024x1371)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>61988534
I like the SoB fluff that the Ministrorum was forbidden from forming an army of men and so they circumvented the bureaucracy by enlisting women.
>>
>>61988591
Sure. That can stay. Imperial soups won't take guard detachments just for that. The warlord trait half of the CP farm is twice as effective.
>>
>>61988635
Yes yes, 'lost track'
I'm sure thats how it was
>>
>>61988635
So? Tourney players doing stupid shit doesn't make it not stupid
>>
>>61988177
They were good because you could stick a dreadnought in one.
>>
>>61988640
I didn't know that but that is incredibly cheeky, well played ministorum
>>
>>61988635
So use a pen and notepad
>>
>>61988635
>Top level players at tournaments have lost track of their single cp die.

They also have misplayed Kustom Force Field?

They also have forgotten that Reserves happen at the end of the Movement phase.
>>
>>61988403

>Buying a full army of models at once
>Not edging out the game, getting around 500 points or a Start Collecting
>Not painting the Start Collecting Box while getting a feel for the game
>Not slowly adding units, painting them as you go until you have 2k.

Fucking retard
>>
>>61988672
Yea but that was a FW thing and went out of production.
>>
File: 1530990200798.gif (1023 KB, 480x400)
1023 KB
1023 KB GIF
>>61988637
Yeah it makes sense that giving robots to women instead of keeping them for breeding is a luxury for few rather than a choice.
>>
>>61988596
Add 3-4 more factions, a dozen new maps, and DoW 3 suddenly becomes an amazing game.
>>
>>61988694

They misplayed that on purpose though, as a unit being within 6" and the correct WHOLY within 6" makes a massive fucking difference.
>>
>>61988694
Well obviously the KFF and reserves should be removed from the game since they're far too complicated
>>
>>61988680
>well played ministorum
After their failed coup they were forbidden MEN UNDER ARMS.
>>
File: 1522457507851.png (332 KB, 570x380)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>61987826
GW should just get in on the fucking 3d makecraft market, so many people make battle trackers, anice solid plastic one with iconography would sell great, and IMO a damn sigh more useful than the 6 objective counter every faction gets in their CE codexes.

And really, people that can't keep track of three dice have no place trying to play 3 armies.
>>
>>61987621
Looks dope
>>
>>61988694
>They also have misplayed Kustom Force Field?

?
>>
>>61988715
To be fair, for veteran ork player's it's hard to forget 20 years of KFF rules.
>>
>>61988736
every model in a unit has to be entirely within 6" of the KFF to get the invuln

so you can't just have 1 guy in a unit sliiiightly inside the 6" range to get it
>>
>>61988713
Does Terminator Armour still do front flips?
>>
>>61988713
It didn't fail because of lack of content, content was never released because it tried to monkey MOBAs instead of following the RTs tradition of the franchise.
>>
>>61988715
And losing track of command points and 'magically' using strats for free isn't on purpose?
>>
>>61988753
I really do not see how that can be misunderstood in any respect.

It's pissed Orks off since 7th edition.
>>
>>61988753
9"
>>
>>61988713
>double the content and it becomes amazing
>>
File: 1522951591936.png (765 KB, 900x1200)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
>>61988592
Books that have Orks in it are never not entertaining in some way. Even in Arkanusha war I liked the ork characters more than the tau characters.

I honestly cant think of a 'bad' ork book. There are plenty of bad marine and guard books, but I dont think there are any bad ork books.
>>
>>61988782
whoosp my bad

>>61988774
its been an on and off thing ork tourney players have tried to slip past people who dont play orks
>>
>>61988774
>see how that can be misunderstood in any respect.

>LOL SORRY MY BAD FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING MY RULES. I THOUGHT IT FUNCTIONED LIKE EVERY OTHER UNIT'S AURA MECHANIC

Dramatized, effectively whatbthe Orkplayer's response was when caught.
>>
>>61988774
3-6th ED was Units within *
7th was Models within *
8th is Units wholly within *
>>
>>61988801
That just it far as I can tell all the reviews seem to focus on the marines never managing to be interesting, no mention of how the Orks are, at all.
>>
>>61988847
That should tell you no one is reading for the orks
>>
>>61988010
Lower the points and give it the Drop Assault rule back and an exception to T1 deep strike restriction.

OR

Allow it to deploy outside of any deployment zone before the game begins, essentially paying 80pts for Raven Guard's infiltrate stratagem.
>>
>>61988010
Drop points, add strat to bring 1-3 pods in at 6", 1 CP per pod and once a battle
>>
>>61988592
Welp, bought the Prophets of the Waaagh series, 3 minutes in I already know it was the right choice.
>>
>>61988768
It absolutely failed because of lack of content, the gameplay itself was fine. I've played all the DoW games and there was nothing wrong with 3 from that perspective. 2 was the worst I think because of how limited in size your army was.
>>
>>61988987
I know right? Great to listen to.
>>
>>61988847
If people arent complaining about the orks in the books, that should tell you something.

Marines can vary widely as to how well they are written, but you would have to go out of your way to write orks badly. Like criminally badly.

The fact that nobody can quickly respond with bad ork books, but can bury you in bad marine books should tell you something.
>>
>>61989053
Might just be that people forgot the Orks were even there.
>>
>>61989035
Just way too short, but i guess it's hard to make more than a hour of good orkiness in one go.
>>
>>61989053
Honestly I can't even think of any Ork books that were written from an Ork perspective other than Deff Skwadron which was A+++
>>
>>61987344
I love the models, been using them for my Night Lords. Don't really read into the lore too much for anything other than guard though.
>>
>>61989110
There were the Evil Sun Rising series, a few parts of the Blood and Thunder comic at least showed them from the inside of a tribe albeit from the perspective of a captive guardsman.
>>
File: 1533626602396.jpg (53 KB, 604x348)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>61989081
Well if you happen to have read any books in which orks were written badly, feel free to tell the rest of the class. Because right now nobody has shown any bad ork books. There are plenty of books where orks are beaten, but they werent written poorly.

I am not even an ork player, and I enjoy reading stories with orks. Their simple minded and solution oriented antics are pretty refreshing compared to how shitty and 'plots within plots' idiocy ensues with a lot of other factions.
>>
Why aren't the Night Lords more notorious? They always seem to be on the periphery of all the major events, but at the same time they seem to be far from the biggest clusterfuck of a legion in an organizational sense.
>>
>>61989198
Because they aren't a legion, they are a collection of cowardly jobbers.
>>
>>61988801
i can't think of an ork book at all
>>
File: 1502414549753.jpg (127 KB, 1274x714)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>61989028
>the gameplay itself was fine
>>
Why aren't Tzaangors considered daemons?
>>
>>61989395
Why aren't cows considered insects?
>>
>>61989395
They're a type of Tzeentchian abhuman, aren't they? More mutant than Daemon, but highly prone to spawning Chaos-related mutations.

Or did they change that somewhere and I'm just retarded?
>>
>>61989395
They are beastmen, not Daemons. It's a easy mistake to make.
>>61989226
I know there is a couple comics based on Orks but apart from that I don't know of any other books.
>>
>>61989395

Why aren't custodes considered space marines?
>>
orks are an npc race, thats why nobody mentions them in book reviews
>>
>>61989226

I don't read hobby literature but isn't there one about The Beast? And one featuring Emps & Horus on a planet of super Orks
>>
>>61989456
Because custodes aren't space marines. Just like alligators aren't crocodiles
>>
>>61989632
And Tzaangors aren't demons.
>>
>>61987185
Do we have an updated image with custards on it yet?
>>
File: IMG_20180910_224633.jpg (4.59 MB, 4032x3024)
4.59 MB
4.59 MB JPG
>>61987299
Decided to work on slugga boys first for next month. Have 40 to touch up and shooting for 50 more to paint from scratch
>>
>>61989649
Except they've got a daemonic appearance
And their daemonic weapons are free like most daemonic troops
And they have a very common daemonic +6/++5 save
And they can take a daemonic instrument of chaos with a special name.

But no, clearly they're not daemons. Who'd make that mistake
>>
File: 2018-09-14 13.47.56.jpg (511 KB, 739x1010)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
Got a kommando done
>>
>>61989649
What are Tzaangors? Are they warp entities at all?
>>
>>61989727
>tzaangors aren't daemons
>warptalons are
???
>>
>>61989734
Beastmen, they are what they are because they are corrupted and mutated by the Warp.
>>
>>61989673
Hasn't been updated since 7th.
>>
File: draigo.jpg (176 KB, 2048x1152)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>61987299
nearly finished draigo and working on making my warden into a crusader
>>
>>61989738
Tzaangors don't jump unshielded though the warp on a daily basis.
>>
GW, please bring bike HQs back. Please. Please. There are two armies alone I would start if I could have a bike HQ to go with bikes/jetbikes.
>>
>>61989751
Is that the actual lore? I've only ever seen memes about the birbs so I assumed their lore was either shit or non-existent
>>
>>61989775
The dark matter crystal seems to imply otherwise.
>>
>>61989783
They haven't gone anywhere, they're just in the index now.
>>
>>61989785
Beastmen are a semi-stable abhuman species, Tzaangors are beastmen that live on tzeentch- daemon worlds, mutating into less-semi stable form with more birdlike features.
>>
>>61987671
Bill is way too busy fucking off on his wild adventure to care about Gorrilaman. The Harlequins are constantly harrassing him to go take control over the EC so they can shit stomp Slannesh, but Bill don't give a single fuck.
>>
>>61989738
Warp Talons are basically Possessed Marines just not as fucked up. The fluff for them deep striking is that they basically do a warp jump like a starship and land on the battlefield.
>>
>>61987835
>eventually, they can’t bear with it anymore and they just want to die
Sometimes, its mostly the idealic ones who refuse to lose an important memory of their loved ones or something when they get reforged too many times.

The genocidal maniacs who behave like witch-hunters/inquisitors embrace it and go even more deus vult "everything is heresy" on each reforging.
>>
>>61989820
Not him but that's great news
I was lamenting the lack of bike- or daemon-mounted chaos lords
>>
>>61989820
But how long will it be before GW invalidates index entries, because of a lack of a kit?
>>
>>61988377
One set of crew can work mutiple guns so the other groups are free to wander off
>>
File: Commissar concern.jpg (124 KB, 706x708)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Will I be /thatguy/ if I field a TC + 2 DKOK leman russes in my 1000 points list? I ask because I'm making a list and I want to only field the things I've painted thus far
>>
>>61989714
Ah yea boi! Love me some Deffskullz
>>
>>61989820
>they're just in the index now.
>he doesn't know...

Anon. CA18 will be expiring all the Indexes.

It's why CA18 is including a beta codex for SOB.
>SOS, Assassins, and Inquisiton are getting pdf "codexes" like Renegade Knights.
>>
>>61989928
>Will I be /thatguy/
>DKOK
Yes
>>
>>61989928
Just give your oppo a heads up if it's a friendly game
>>
>>61989968
Where did GW ever say this?
>>
File: 1Down5ToGo.jpg (406 KB, 1288x903)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>61987299
just finished my star phantom rocket launcher guy, and am now starting work on a second veteran
he got no shoulderpad because i dont have anymore DW shoulderpads atm
>>61988462
>two or three weeks for tabletop quality of you do an hour or two a night
so <42 hours according to you, but this one guy took me ~8 hours and its barely tabletop quality
>I'm a slow painter
>>
Your opponent pushes over your character model to indicate that hes killed him.

What do you do?
>>
File: 51561.jpg (70 KB, 700x393)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>two weeks into September and still no FAQ
>>
File: 1520729300510.png (209 KB, 370x380)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>61990062
depends, if its still intakt and unharmed, smile at him and take it off the table, if he breaks it, look at him with sad eyes
>>
>>61989968
Concern trolling is bad anon. It makes people sad and scared for their armies and models unnecessarily.

>>61989925
The only time it would make sense to do it would be an edition shift, so we'll have to see how they dot hings when 9th comes around. They'll probably do something similar with indexes so every army has usable rules from the start, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think the chances are alright they'll keep stuff around.
>>
>>61990062
Na he doesn't because we don't allow children in our club.
>>
>>61990062
push over his knight to indicate he's tired
>>
>>61990062
Show no emotion and pretend to joke it off. Key their car after the game.
>>
>>61990062
Pick up the model and put it back in my case like I always do
>>
File: IMG_20180910_224639.jpg (4 MB, 4032x3024)
4 MB
4 MB JPG
>>61989937
Loot forever!
>>
>>61990062
Nothing, because it's a 28mm miniature and if it getting pushed over risks damaging it then it was either glued together wrong, painted stupid or we're playing on some kinda fucky table.
>>
File: 1512068225676.gif (1.7 MB, 400x225)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB GIF
>>61990101
>>
>>61990062
Nothing because I put ardcoat on any pointy bits or extremities
>>
>>61990037
Tabletop quality is three colors on the models and there's a whole plethora of speed techniques out there if you just want to get the army done. Basecoat with a rattlecan, zenith highlight with a rattle can, and a dip in ink is something you can do in an evening
>>
>look to buy some paints
>$200
Jesus GW can't you throw me a bone and not charge me a premium for it?
On that note what anniversary items should I buy from my GWS' birthday tomorrow?
>>
File: 1512426164239.jpg (23 KB, 539x468)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>61990062

Demand xe cease xis microaggressions or I'll retaliate with real aggressions
>>
>>61990214
5 of these
>>
File: 1416937259809.jpg (54 KB, 500x500)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>61990167
You are just shitposting here and dont have an actual army do you anon ?
>>
>>61990214
>>$200
You don't have to buy the entire fucking kit.
>>
>>61990214

Why do you need $200 of paint? Are you new??
>>
>>61990214
Buy vallejo paints idiot.
>>
File: 6Oo0rXa.jpg (82 KB, 517x1000)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>61990208
you mean 3 colors in total? not 3 shades per color? I'd feel ashamed to field that, but I can see how that could be achieved in one evening
>>
>>61990214
What the fuck are you painting?
>>
What's the point of the palanquin of nurgle
>>
>>61990280
That's what is generally agreed upon for tabletop standard. Depending on what you're painting it is really easy to do well GK, Crons, or Cussing Toads for example are all really easy to paint
>>
>>61990280

>Basecoat army Grey
>Spray from above with white rattlecan
>Cover entire model in Nihilak Oxide
>Dry brush with white on edges

Wah-lah, spooky ghost army in no time
>>
>>61989928

Over half your army is tanks, yes I would tell him this.
>>
>>61990214
>look to buy some paints
>>$200
>Paints are ~$5/pot

Don't buy 40 pots in a single sitting mate.
>>
>>61990355
>Wah-lah
>>
>>61990355

Oh and then cover the base astrogranite texture paint, maybe dry brush with light grey when it's done
>>
>>61990208
What if I would rather take my time and make my expensive toys actually look nice

Makes more sense to play unpainted than to ruin all my stuff by churning them out
>>
>>61988406
tldr haha faggot
>>
>>61990459
>Makes more sense to play unpainted than to ruin all my stuff by churning them out

Agreed.
>>
>>61990459
Then don't complain about how long it takes to paint them. I'm lucky if I finish 1 or 2 a week so I'm not going to complain if it takes me years to get painted and based
>>
>>61990459

There's no shame in playing with a fully base coated army. Batch paint all the base colours and you'll have an army painted more than most on here, then you can go back and do a layer, wash, layer, highlight on a model at a time with detail.
>>
I'm about to make a recast order and I wanna get something big for one of my armies, anyone got some input? Here are a few options I was thinking

>3 space wolf dreads
>marauder bomber for gsc
>big ass praetor rocket truck for gsc
>spartan assault tank

whats gonna be the most fun to paint and play
>>
File: solar auxila.jpg (95 KB, 920x950)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
opinion question. Should imperial guard have access to relic solar auxilia vehicles in the same ways space marines can take relic 30k vehicles.
>>
>>61990459

Listen you dumb fuck. You are going to paint those 3 colours on the model anyway. What hes saying is that you can make your models look far more presentable in a short period and you can still finish them when you have the time.

You arent "ruining them" with simple prep work.
>>
>>61990578
This reminds me of those fixed leman russ conversions
>>
>>61990578
Sure why not, as long as it has similar restrictions
>>
File: you.png (9 KB, 215x235)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>61990355
>Wah-lah
>>
>>61990542
Its demoralizing to basecoat 100 dudes, I would rather do it by squad so I can see finished models
>>
File: h7RvMU7.jpg (38 KB, 604x402)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>61990578
yes, Infantry also.

The solar auxilia models are fucking dope.
>>
File: 1495369766313.jpg (67 KB, 340x480)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>61990556
Marauder. Have a genestealer piloting it.
>>
>>61990372
>>61990292
>>61990263
>>61990258
>>61990246
>Are you new??
Actually yes, I wanted to see how much it would cost to paint the Death Guard and Primaris from the Dark Imperium box. I may have added some extra paints since I wanted to experiment with different colors off the citadel app.
>>
>>61990373
>>61990616
Be nice to Waluigi.
>>
So, would it be considered tasteless or Marty Stu to play an Ultramarines successor chapter that does not follow the Codex Astartes 100%?
>>
>>61990680
Thats like half the official chapters anyway, perfectly acceptable lore
>>
>>61990680
Even roberto guillimang doesnt follow that shit 100%.
>>
Is it better to have a las predator or just a squad of havocs/devastators?
>>
>>61990630
no one is actually stopping you from using the infantry as scions
>>
>>61990701
Better to just ally a knight
>>
>>61990701
havocs probably
>>
>>61990649
Buy the paint for one of those forces first
>>
>>61990680
Maybe.
Depend on how they do not follow it, they might just see it as very good general advice instead of a in-combat flowchart.
>>
>>61990578
Yes but it is forgeworld crap you wont even be able to play at tourneys , so i dont know why would you bother?
>>
>>61990238
What is this? I've never seen it.
>>
>>61990701
Havocs/devs because they benefit from chapter/legion traits and CSM havocs can use a strat
>>
>>61990069
>October FAQ
>Or just wait for chapter approved
GW can't do anything right. Here's hoping they stop using WAAC faggots as their playtesters though.
>>
>>61990616
>>61990373

Is that not how you say it?
>>
>>61990761
A land raider
>>
>>61990578
>more fw guard tank bloat

No, not really. You've already got a shit ton of tank variants with other FW shit.
>>
>>61988498
Build a cheap one. Get 2 4'x3' plywood boards on a 2x4 frame. Add on some folding legs similar to these.
>>
>>61990780
:^) No really though what is it my store skipped their fucking birthday this year because of a management change and now no one knows when the store birthday is.
>>
>>61990777
voila

It's a French word, Anon.
>>
File: IMG_20180910_224754.jpg (3.74 MB, 4032x3024)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB JPG
>>61990749
What tourney disallows FW?
>>
>>61990749
>implying i don't go to a store where one of the waac's wins tournaments regularly with his double leviathan dreadnought list.

I often wonder what other LGS's are like.
>>
I wish more people would post battle reports, that doubles tourney guy was the only good content all week
>>
>>61987917
It's mostly gun metal and nuln oil....
>>
>>61990820
Double leviathans still work?
>>
>>61987414
>Finish this.
>Not done.

>
>>
Why do you only see a few units of the Asuryani codex being used? Is everything other than
>Farseer Skyrunner
>Hemlock Wraith
>Rangers
>Wave Serpents
>Dark Reapers
Absolutely terrible? I wanna use warp spiders and Autarch Skyrunners and all the other aspects
>>
File: Giggle.jpg (20 KB, 500x406)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>61990810

>That reliant robin on that rocket
>>
>>61987917
What is this meme where people act like vehicles are hard to paint
>>
>>61990809

Thanks anon! This is a real youreeka moment for me
>>
File: 9krv1noo0hl11.png (607 KB, 533x670)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
>>61990715
yeah, but we have squads with better armor and things like power axes and volkite chargers.
>>
File: Yes.gif (1.48 MB, 720x405)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB GIF
>>61989731

Fucking ace job anon.
>>
>>61990848

I would but every time I post my army you guys have a go cuz it's not finished, and the game wasn't particularly good.
>>
>>61990848

speaking of, what hobby / batrep content do you guys like? i like Night's at the Game Table because Brook has glorious big milkies, and they have nice casual games without too much time-wasting. Tabletop Minions is ok to half listen to some old guy rambling about tabletop stuff whilst painting, but he often takes 15 minutes to say nothing - though as a bonus, he has Sam Lenz who is a really cool chill dude, i like his painting. WintersSEO is nice, simple and to the point, marvelous tables/terrain - Scorpion82 seems similar but haven't watched much. Tabletop Tactics has good production, they go into a lot of detail discussing lists etc, but they act a bit stupid. WarGamerGirl is pretty boring, its basically just reading off a list of what happened, nothing to interest me. i wish Joey Berry still did stuff, shes down to earth and a real goof. Guerilla is ok, they are a bit "american" for me, depends who's playing i guess.

Miniac can fuck right off, he has the most punchable face and his mouth makes me angry and he acts like a cunt.

haven't found much good Kill Team / AoS stuff really.
>>
>>61990901
You are welcome! And don't worry, experiences like this are a diamond dozen.
>>
>>61990873
Pretty much.

Everything else is underperforming when compared to what you listed. And everyone wants to win.
>>
>>61990873
Tryhards need those extra .27 wounds per round no matter how samey they have to make their list.
>>
File: IMG_20180910_224757.jpg (3.56 MB, 4032x3024)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB JPG
>>61990875
It makes me happy you noticed
>>
>>61990920
I played on their channel one time.

Very cool guys, but they don’t know a lick of warhammer besides the bald guy. They just record and make sure it looks good.
>>
>>61990920
Tabletop Tactics has gone down hill since Lawrence stepped back and Bone started doing most of the episodes.
>>
File: 1367533886738.jpg (138 KB, 717x525)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>61990820
>>61990810

It is not just tourneys. People have problem with even official GW stores banning people from bringing and playing with their FW models. They have a retarded logic of if people who see those minis cant buy them from me they cant play it. As if everyone who sees a FW army will just suddenly think '' oh boy, i will never buy anything from this store and will only use FW armies''

And GW is okay with it, stating that it is in the store owners discretion. So before jumping and getting Forge Worlds overpriced resin shit be informed.
>>
>>61990916
Post anyway
>>
>>61987917
Knights are easy. The size is intimidating, but it means you generally have less fiddly detail to worry about.
>Assemble Knight
>Leave off armour panels, top carapace and mask
>Spray Leadbelcher
>Slather on Nuln
That's about 2/3rds of the painting right there. The armour is also super easy if you want to keep it simple, just pick 2 colours for the panels + metallic for the trim.
>>
>>61991008
Why does GW consistently act like they are competing with forgeworld

Softbanning titans from normal play so they can sell knights, banning FW models, etc
>>
>>61991008
Never seen a single person claim to have ben FW evicted from a store and being able/willing to name said store.

Giving how prone /tg/ is to name and shame, i'd call bullshit of most of those stories along with the ubiquitous greentext "Blackshirt scratch and sniffed my chinacast titan then burned my entire army and called the cops.
>>
>>61991032
I kind of understand it. FW should be a place to just get upgrade kits to make your shit look cooler instead of buying autowin units from. Seems like they're taking them from being a large focus of 40k shit and shifting them towards being where they dump extra stuff for their specialist games instead.
>>
>>61990578

Jesus fuck everything from 30k blows out 40k's shit. Too bad we wont get that KINO aesthetic in plastic.

Also is it just me or am I the only one wishing guilliman enacts reform on the guard? I honestly think the idea for a "Codex Militarum" would be a pretty cool idea.

>A new unified, standardized, and reformed structure for the support of the imperial soldier in the field
>Cawl issues worlds new pattern of easily made carapace armor, las rifles, and combat vehicles but only to the most loyal of worlds and regiments as decreed by guilliman

Really chafes my chaps that the guard doesnt seem to get a lot of love. Then again I feel this way about them and the existing xenos ranges we have.
>>
>>61991075
I can't even think of the year I last saw FW banned in any tourney, local or otherwise.
>>
File: Eldritch lust.png (196 KB, 500x474)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>61990977
>>61990810

You're a hobby hero anon.
>>
>>61990993

i assume you mean Night's, thats sweet anon. that gaming store seems a nice place to play.
>>
>>61991085
>first every plastic guard is cadian or catachan
>now every guard regiment is basically cadians

No thanks

>>61991092
It may not be banned, but its points cost has definitely been "priced out" of the competitive scene. When warhounds started showing up to tournaments in the infancy of 8th GW made sure to slap a fucking 500 point tax on it.
>>
>>61987224
>nurgle daemon prince has more toughness and DR
>changed weapons too

Bugs the heck out of me.
>>
>>61987376
Lord of contagion are really good chaos Lord proxies.
>>
>>61991085
Guard doesn’t need to be fixed, Guilliman doesn’t see them as his vanguard to cruise around the galaxy and fight evil.

They’re just the poor humans he lets babysit planets he’s taken.
>>
>>61991123
Vultures are still very much a thing
>>
>>61991076
I'm a newfag and from what iv'e seen from my limited interaction with FW, I think that their models shouldn't have any sort of stats on them. They should just be alternate models, like a fancier Rhino or a shiny Guardsman. Just using the datasheet from the codex.
>>
>>61991123

Fuck Cadians. Give me plastic solar auxilia minis god damn it.
>>
>>61987660
>The concept of something being funny because it's repeated often is trash.
>joke telling 101

Think the saying is, "it gets funnier the more you repeat it"
>>
I'm new at this game. I'm thinking of starting with Adeptus Custodes since I pretty much enjoy the models and the massive quantities of gold, and being less models, I'll probably saturate a lot less and paint them better.
I've seen some lists online and found this one interesting:

-HQ [16 PL, 282pts]
Shield-Captain [7 PL, 122pts]: Guardian Spear [12pts]

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 160pts]: Auric Aquilis, Hurricane Bolter [10pts]

-Troops [24 PL, 468pts]
3x3 Custodian Guard [3 PL, 52pts]: Guardian Spear [12pts]

- Elites [13 PL, 250pts]
Allarus Custodian [5 PL, 82pts]: Guardian Spear [12pts]
2x Allarus Custodian [5 PL, 84pts]: Castellan Axe [14pts]

The thing is that this list seems to be older (before the latest FAQ) and apparently most lists are Bikes heavy.
This is not a problem since I can change any part of the list, but I was considering the costs, since 3x3 Guard + 1 Shield Captain is 2xCustodian Guard boxes.

But since I will later want to increase the army, I was told that for Custodes, models like Telemon Heavy Dreadnought were important, but for his price, if I wanted to get 2x accelerators and other arm (like a caestus) it would be a fortune.
I was also told that I could ally it with other armies to compensate the weaknesses. People recommended Imperial Guard, but I wasn't fan of the models. I enjoyed Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Knights, some Inquisition units (don't know if Sisters of Silence are included here, but they were pretty rad, and very similarly looking).
Should I change anything on the list? Should I also pull the trigger and get myself a Telemon before the free-shipping ends (the price increase in Europe was a kick in the testies), or should I use the money I would spend in a single unit and just get an allied force (for the price of 1 Telemon with 4 arms (2x acc + 1 caestus + 1 la-storm) would be the same was 1x IK Warden (which can be magnetized to 5 units in 1) and another or a Castellan)?
>>
>>61991115
Well they had to switch from their Austin store to the one on San Antonio. Which is located in a mall that’s pass its prime.

They do offer a discount on any GW stuff in its original box and host a lot of events.
>>
>>61991152
That's what I meant, they should be sidegrades at the most (like the xiphon being a sidegrade predator) or just proxies.
>>
>>61991085
As someone who collects imperial guard, I can think of nothing I want less than primaris guard.
>>
>>61987689
Shut the fuck up monsoon
>>
File: 1528285203953.jpg (39 KB, 480x720)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>61991075

There was a huge shitstorm about it on death korps of krieg facebook group at some point because most people had trouble playing with their krieg armies. You can join there and search it yourself. Some guy even sent a message and got the response that the gaming environment is organized by the store manager and the miniatures that can be used is at his discretion answer.

Not really my problem if you arent well informed but people had problems with FW stuff since time immemorial. Some stores outright banned them. Some only banned them at tournaments. Some turned a blind eye to a certain percentage (a mini or two here and there) but encouraged you to use Plastic GW stuff. And some were okay with it but urged you to buy stuff from their store now and than to compensate for it. Rest were okay with it but people felt the need to buy something now and than to make up for it.

>>61991032
Probably because of the lack of communication and cooperation between them. While Forgeworld is just a brand name for GW it is a separate studio. There might be corporate politics involved too.
>>
File: 20180912_161913.jpg (4.98 MB, 4032x3024)
4.98 MB
4.98 MB JPG
>>61991011

Okay, the mission was tactical escalation at 2500pts, chaos vs Aeldari(me).
My friends list was;
Magnus, Ahriman, 20 rubrics, 20 cultists, 8 Berzerkers with Kharne and apostle in a Rhino, 2 squads of scarab occult and a sorceror.
My list was;
2 shadow seer, 1 master, 3 troupe, death jester solitaire 5 bikes and 3 Starweavers, backed up by succubus 20 wyches 10 scourges 10 Hellions, 2 archons 15 kabalites and 4 venoms (pic related).
Anyway I forgot a shadow seer so I played at a 120pt deficit.
Turn 1: I give first turn, he moves up and burns his shooting on my Hellions using hunt from shadows and lightning fast. I retaliate by popping Rhino with bikes and charging all the innards killing Kharne and His mate and a bunch of Berzerkers using wardancer and frozen stars strat. Solitaire killed a bunch of cultists on the way to ahriman.
Turn 2: He smote the shit out of me and Magnus smashed a star weaver, a Rhino crashed into my lines. I jump all my troupe out and then blow up the Rhino which kills almost all my troupe when it explodes, I hose Magnus down with poison and he dies, solitaire stabs Magnus to 1 wound.
Cont
>>
>>61991209
Fuck those look good for not being finished
>>
File: 1527890346204.png (27 KB, 248x236)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>61991085
>primaris guard making all the various guard regiments obsolete
>all the guard regiments now look exact cop of each others with only different color schemes and a feather on some of their caps.

Kill yourself
>>
>>61991085
This is one of the worst fucking ideas I've ever heard.
>>
>>61991206
Sort of like bringing a Sprite to a Coke convention?
>>
>>61991187
You mean regular space marines?
>>
>>61991206
How much you wanna fucking bet its cause that guys shit was recast and not because the GW just didn't let him play with his FW shit.
>>
File: 20180912_182023.jpg (4.47 MB, 4032x3024)
4.47 MB
4.47 MB JPG
>>61991209

Solitaire stabs ahriman to 1 wound*

Turn 3; ahriman flies off, bunch of stuff gets smites, daemon Prince I forgot about is chopping up bikes (pic related) but venoms come and hose him down too, loads of my stuff gets smited but I finish it off. Solitaire assassinates ahriman, friend conceded with only his scarabs left.
>>
>>61991166
How many times do i have to say "the ghing at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets" before it become a "joke"?
>>
>>61991085
I think that you should kill yourself
>>
File: IMG_7297.jpg (119 KB, 1356x638)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>61991085
>Jesus fuck everything from 30k blows out 40k's shit.
I don't like the aesthetic personally. It's too 40k (If that makes sense). Like someone said "let's make a overtly high gothic tank Or vehicle".

I understand that's the setting for many things, but it doesn't match anything current and stands out like a sore thumb. I also don't think they look good as game pieces. They look serious (again if that makes sense) and can't be colorful, which means they will look all muddy and brown.

I feel like 30k design was from the era of design of the miniature up close over their design on board. That gw wanted to have this air of high quality miniatures. Which gw reverse and Now seem to make them cartoonish. To almost promote the board look? But that doesn't work when they're covered in details that only look good up close.

I dunno, I just want this shit
>>
>>61991284
3 times.

Also what
>>
File: 1513858905170.png (31 KB, 213x214)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>61991284
>the ghing at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets
1 times is enough
>>
>>61991209
Oh my fuck, can you give me the recipee for the light blue?
>>
File: 20180914_231811.jpg (6.47 MB, 3015x3636)
6.47 MB
6.47 MB JPG
>>61991209
>>61991278

I was slightly ahead on points even though he got the card to cast spells and pulled off like 12 spells for maximum points but the game felt a bit one sided even though I took a bunch of stuff that isn't considered that competitive. The Venoms did work to say they were only 300pts of the army, poison tongue.

>>61991241

Thank you I'm trying to make as much progress as possible but have a young baby who takes up a lot of my time.
Here was the position of my stuff before the Rhino did 15+ mortal wounds to my army.
>>
>>61991264
Would bet 0 USD because first of all it wasn't just one guy and second those guys were absolutely moronic tier elitist that licked FW's boots every time they could and bragged about how expensive their stuff is.

For example one guy was shit posting his warhound titan in the group every chance he had. When confronted about it his answer was '' Well, maybe some people like having something others cant afford '' The funnier part is . Rest of the group supported his stance.
Absolute bullocks they were. But no, not recasts.
>>
>>61991249
Wouod diet coke be csm?
>>
>>61991249
More like bringing Coke Zero to a Coke convention where they dont sell Zero. Doesn't make sense does it ?
>>
>>61991367
Tbh thats how I expect anyone who buys an entire army of that shit to act, but god damn what a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>61991367
>bringing a titan

Yeah I would ban that too.
>>
>>61991381
I play csm and drink Diet Coke. I'd say more Coke Zero, it's the same as Diet but it has a better bottle
>>
>>61991350
Wait, the Rhino?
>>
File: 20180914_232142.jpg (3.97 MB, 3024x3548)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
>>61991341

Tamiya TS41 coral blue spray, not found paint pot equivalent yet!
>>
>>61991406
It’s just a warhound. If you shoot all your lad guns on it, you’ll kill it no problem.
>>
>>61991395
Coke zero is age of sigmar.
Sprite is forgeworld.
Mellow yellow is Lord of the rings
>>
>>61991395
Well Sprite is owned by the Coke company. But yeah I know what you mean. Or I guess what we mean.
>>
was there a pdf of the rogue trader mini-dexes?
>>
>>61991412
That sounds like primaris
>>
>>61991425
>Tamiya TS41 coral blue
Damn.

Yeah there is shamefully no good light turqoise.
>>
File: 20180914_232600.jpg (5.1 MB, 3024x3853)
5.1 MB
5.1 MB JPG
>>61991413

I blew it up like a tard thinking "it'll never blow up" so he cp rerolled it to explode. It did 3 to each of my troupe squads, 3 to two skyweavers and a couple to two venoms, 1 on Magnus and 2 on his rubrics. Pissed me right off cuz I knew it was my own fault. Right after I charged some death hexed troupe into his rubrics who all died to overwatch as well.

Pic related is ahrimans final resting place, the troupe watched as the solitaire blitzed and torment of the fiery pitted him to death.
>>
>>61991470
You aren't wrong.
>>
File: 1525204207968.jpg (157 KB, 775x1000)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>61991350
>That Rhino panel gap
I'm honestly impressed someone managed to fuck up such an easy kit this badly
Your Eldar already look fucking nice m8, ignore tards complaining about them
>>
>>61991350
Is that battle for macrage terrain? I just found mine the other day and wondered how many people still had it
>>
>>61991530
>I'm honestly impressed someone managed to fuck up such an easy kit this badly
Rhino kits are fucked up right on the sprue. I have literally had 2 rhino's that were missing most of that fucking panel because not enough plastic made it there. 1 of them was turned into terrain, and the other I tried to (horribly) greenstuff. Rhino kits are really just shitty kits.
>>
>been playing eldar for like 15 years
>just now realized, I had the scatter laser and shurriken catapult mixed up

What's worse is the falcon has a shurriken cannon on the bottom, so I should have figured it out with that.
Doesn't help that none of the codexes seem to point this out besides 3rd.

Still feel dumb
>>
File: 1533489439404.gif (229 KB, 204x283)
229 KB
229 KB GIF
>>61991574
>mfw thought about getting a Rhino as a transport
guess my guys will be footslogging
>>
>>61991085
>Jesus fuck everything from 30k blows out 40k's shit
Is there any starker contrast than resin vs plastic guilliman?
>>
>>61991103
Last year at adepticon we ran 3 Ork armies and 1 "guard" army modeled as Orks so we could build it and run it as a vortex missle
>>
>>61991574
Is this just loyalists?

The chaos rhino kit is like a treasure trove. I had so much fun building it.
>>
File: legions.png (1.21 MB, 812x801)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>
>>61991610
Me and my buddy agree it's the random upright braizer that ruins the 40k one.

Would have been amazing if it was spilt over with the coals splayed out on the land.
>>
Anyone know where I can get some bases that look like a fucking hive? I want my deathwatch to be ruining a hive aliens style.
>>
>>61991667
really
I would've thought it'd be the fucky legs and the wrrrying face of a spoiled 10 year old
>>
>>61991674
Secret weapon miniatures
>>
File: Excitement.jpg (140 KB, 500x500)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>61991242
>>61991247
>>61991294

But anons look at it this way.

We can get cool minis.
>>
>>61991657
Why does "specialist" and "gifted" sound like code word for autism.
>>
>>61991687
danks anon
>>
>>61991685
Helmet.
>>
>>61991586
Considering all the shuriken weapons share the same motif, I'm just confused how you messed it up
>>
>>61991642
>Is this just loyalists?
it would seem like it. i have 2 land raiders that have gaps in the track covers, and I have had 2 shitty rhino's and a number of good ones.

>>61991595
You can still get one, just keep in mind there is a chance you might get a shit one.
>>
File: IMG_20180914_180252__01.jpg (697 KB, 1720x1488)
697 KB
697 KB JPG
>>61987299
Starting my base colouring on my enginseer
>And deciding what colour to do the chest armour to balance the yellow/red of the cloak
>>
File: SGT.Headless.jpg (129 KB, 1328x747)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>61987299 Been mostly in a building/ painting slump, decided to make some random Marines, for example, have a Sergeant.
>>
>>61991530

Thanks man!

>>61991546

No idea my man, I play at WHW.
>>
>>61991762
Maybe an olive drab green?
>>
File: 1515709439140.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>61991741
but how high is the chance for a broken rhino? I dont want to purchase a ton of them, just to get 1 in good quality
>>
File: The Geckers.jpg (138 KB, 1328x747)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
How would a Dark Angels Successor Chapter that secretly hunts Inquisitors who ask too many questions about the Fallen sound?
>>
Hey so building an Ordo Malleus force and am questioning how to do my Acolytes. Ideally they just exist to give my inquisitor extra wounds, but I'm having trouble deciding on their melee weapon.

Chainswords would be best since they'd mainly be fighting daemons and wouldn't need AP right?
>>
File: 1512033025236.jpg (368 KB, 840x700)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>61991970
like heretics
>>
>>61991956
I may have just been unlucky, considering most people seem to have dozens that look perfectly fine, your chance of getting a shittily cast rhino is probably real low.
>>
>>61991762
John deer green
>>
>>61991992
True, but we are talking about Dark Angels.
>>
>>61991923
Ohh that would work, would go with the steel legion drab pants
>Something like this?
>>
File: Vindicare.jpg (71 KB, 920x950)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>61987299
>>
>>61991574
>>61991741
Damn, and i was thinking about getting one for the plastic sisters of battle release. Has anyone had the same problems with the Razorback kit? Maybe it is more up to date?
>>
Any places that sell valkryie cockpit “glass”?

If not, the hell do I do with this valkyrie?
>>
File: 1533075408972.png (352 KB, 443x550)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>61992011
doesnt matter, will be purged like Xenos-scum
>>61991993
I see, thank you for your input
>>
>>61991736
The shurriken cannon looked like a laser gun. the scatter lasers blocky triangle shape read as a cannon to me.
I also always saw scatter laser as the default weapon in promo material. And the three slots would explain why it shot thrice. It did strike me as a little odd though.

I think the real issue is, that I never had any reason to use a scatter laser. So I never looked at the real shurriken cannon closely. Only it's profile view. I only figured this out on accident.
>>
>>61992050
Look for bits on Ebay.
Tons of shit on there
>>
>>61992050
get some plasticard as the glass and paint it black, or buy some glass from a bitz site
>>
>>61992024
30usd
>>
>>61992064
Only if they get caught.
>>
>>61991923
Wouldn't recommend direct tetriary. Id desaturate the green a bit and use the solid color for lenses.
>>
File: 1536809168554.png (109 KB, 358x358)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>61992083
you truly have fallen to chaos, even thinking about betraying the holy inquisition...
>>
>>61992079
My LGS has a rewards program
>>
File: 1468183411397.gif (61 KB, 300x351)
61 KB
61 KB GIF
New player here! I had a couple questions to ask:
How do space marines, blood angles, dark angels, space wolves and deathwatch vary in the sort of playstyles you can use? Also, are there any websites, desktop programs or mobile applications that are good for listbuilding? Last but not least, anyone got a PDF of the rules? I can only find an epub in the OP. Thanks anons.
>>
File: IMG_20180809_143118.png (439 KB, 461x562)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>61992105
Not all of them, only those who ask about the Fallen.
>>
>>61992119
Check some of the other MEGA's for pdf's.

Battlescribe is a great list builder.

Blood Angels are a melee force of unequal rip and tear.

Space Wolves are a melee force of slightly lower rip and tear (though more consistent)

Dark Angels are shooty with a lot of plasma.

Space Marines are only viable as Ultramarines with Guilliman
>>
>>61992119
spacemarines have multiple chapters which have seperate playstyles, ravenguard deploy forward while ultramarines are very potent at gunlines

blood angels right now all hinge on buffing thunder hammer captains to godly damage, backed up by scouts and deathcompany or sanguinary guard

space wolves are kinda off in that they play like some wierd combination of eldar darkreapers and khorne berzerkers

dark angels have terriffic gunlines but can also do the ravenwing bike spam, deathwing are shit, avoid

deathwatch is all about stormbolter spam with aggressors and +1 to wound stratagem

>Also, are there any websites, desktop programs or mobile applications that are good for listbuilding?
battlescribe

>Last but not least, anyone got a PDF of the rules? I can only find an epub in the OP. Thanks anons.
megas in the OP
>>
File: Spoiler Image (839 KB, 500x650)
839 KB
839 KB GIF
>>61992144
as an Inquisitor I have to ask: what about the Fallen?
>>
>>61992119
>space marines

Shit generalists, codex sucks ball and all their tactics are barebone bullshit with no supporting stratagems. Best way to play them is gun line with razorbacks but other armies do it better.

>blood angles

Focused on Jump Pack units and assaulting, all their characters get access to Jump Packs and buff the assault of BA units. Go fast, charge shit.

>dark angels

Gunline, you dont need characters to baby sit your shooting units (Except Lieutenants and Ancients) so you can spread your shooty units around instead of castling in one position. Ravenwing is also shooty and trades having less bodies for speed and damage.

>deathwatch

Close ranged shooty, all their stuff works around the holy bolter and special issue ammo and its a deadly combo that counter-acts the fact that they are more Elite than other armies but can put the hurt when you want it and where you want it.

Use battlescribe to make lists.
>>
File: 1489031102944.jpg (21 KB, 236x236)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>61992144
There is no situation in which a fallen apologist ought not be purged.
>>
>>61992181
*The company clerk of a group of guardsmen trips on a rock and breaks his leg*
"Help! I've fallen an-"
>Fallen?
>Fallen?!
>FALLEN!
>DEPLOY THE DROP PODS!
>>
>>61992015
Yeah. Or maybe a darker drab green. Kinda Soviet parade colors.
>>
File: 1516054277369.jpg (147 KB, 632x576)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>61992242
so, can I purge you now?
>>
>>61992242
The comic with the Dark Angel that tripped is funnier.
>>
Acceptable for use as Razorwing flocks?
>>
>>61987356

What is it
>>
File: 1.jpg (9 KB, 300x300)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>61992412
>are birds acceptable to use as birds
>>
>>61992412
You're going to get one of those bases in a $35 set.
>>
>>61992420
these are for a different army and game - razor wings have their own model but it's shitty resin
>>
>>61992412
>beasts of chaos

Oh no, are they updating the old models?
>>
>>61991693
I wonder if I can paint my space marines in this colour.
>>
>>61992412

If they come separately from other spells then maybe, can probably get two bases from one spell.
>>
>>61992428
actually the set comes with 3 of these
>>
>>61992434
My point is that razorwings are literally just birds and these are literally just birds
No one who isn't an absolute autist would care
>>
>>61992456
you're literally just a bird
>>
>>61992412
>>61992420
>>61992434

It's a GW product so they can't say shit if it's an appropriate size/base for the original model.
>>
>>61992453
That's fantastic. One resin razorwing base is $16.50 so go for it.
>>
>>61992456
*raven guards you're path*
>>
>>61992453

Link?
>>
>>61992495
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Battlemagic-Beasts-Of-Chaos-2018
>>
>>61992512

Strange it's not up on the UK site, £20 for the other spells though and I could probably sell the horn and buffalo for a tenner, might actually be worth getting 12 or so!
>>
>>61992437
Nope. Aside from some spell markers the only new model they're getting is a herdstone.
>>
>>61991970
moronic?
>>
>>61992584
their range is still damned good and consistent, maybe all they really need are plastic HQ Gor and Minotaur
>>
File: Fallen_DAMarine.jpg (287 KB, 1280x1280)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>61992348
This one?
>>
Looks like they'll be a pain to separate, so can't really make 6 bases from 1 pack without considerable
>>
What brand tools/brushes should I buy

Is there a basic getting started guide?
>>
>>61992152
>>61992167
>>61992218
Thanks anons! It's a shame the regular marine codex isn't very good, because I'm not really sure whether I want to go with melee or gunline for my army yet and wanted to try out both playstyles. Maybe I should start with deathwatch?
>>
>>61992584
I really really hate this almost low poly hard edge design they're going for.
Orks are doing something similar.

Just looks insanely out of place, over stylised and cartoony.
>>
>>61992661
Dont play gunline, very boring. You win or lose before the game begins based on list building

Melee backed up by fire support is more fun and dynamic to play.
>>
>>61992661
Deathwatch is tasty if you like infantry but they don't have much going on in the way of vehicles.
>>
>>61992666
>goatmen
>not cartoony
>>
>>61992661
> I'm not really sure whether I want to go with melee or gunline for my army yet and wanted to try out both playstyles

DA does both either as ravenwing (1 huge blob of blackknights, move fast, shoot 3 damage plasma, then charge) or aggressor star (18 beefybois with a darkshroud and azreal buffing them)
>>
>>61992666
Its a fucking primitive carving dude, of course it isnt gonna be high detail
>>
>>61992666
It's a fucking rock m8
>>
>>61992684
So you would reccommend Blood Angels for that playstyle then?
>>61992688
Yeah, looks like I'll strongly consider deathwatch now. The vehicles in 40k are really cool but I honestly prefer infantry.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (230 KB, 560x800)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
How does this image make you feel?
>>
>>61992660
AliExpress or Walmart
>>
File: 1534367406104.jpg (55 KB, 586x651)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>61992709
one thing to mention is, that the standard deathwatch veteran kit only comes with default boltguns + powerswords for all your dudes, as well as 1 each of maybe half their options, so you will need to either get a lot of veteran kits, or other marine kits/bits if you want to run non default loadouts
a lesson I had to learn the hard way
>>
>>61992903
I don't know, why don't you post some more so I can make a decision?
>>
>>61992709
If you want to play gunline play guard. It's hella fun making 216 shots, rerolling 1s to hit, rolls of 6 generate addidional shots, rereolling 1s to wound.
>>
>>61992903
Makes me want to buy cherubs in bulk for my night lords.
>>
>>61992666
It looks fine on a literal rock.
>>
>>61992925

>it's hella fun taking all the chance out of dice rolling so I'm basically throwing lumps of plastic around

Make sure you get these to save your opponent some time.
>>
>>61992993
Those tiny dice are actually a gaint pain in the ass to gather back up after you rolled them. In practice they do the opposite of saving time
>>
>>61992993
I already have some, thanks though.
>>
>>61992993
>Implying I don't just use an app on my phone
>>
File: 1512860894480.jpg (22 KB, 320x320)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>61992925
>216 shots
at what point should you simply stop rolling dice, and just start calculating with average rolls, since it wont make a huge enough difference anymore?
>>
>>61993058
For that way you never get the occasions where one dude successfully passes 28 power armour saves, rolling all dice at once.
>>
>>61993058
216 is small for LLN, try 1000
>>
File: 1532642252861.png (346 KB, 600x664)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>61993107
I know its small, i was exaggerating, since 200+ dice rolling seems just stupidly high to me
>>
>>61993058
That's just the infantry, i didn't include the 6 sgts, the leman russes, basilisks, wyverns, etc... I never do average rolls, i enjoy taking a grocery bag of dice,and just pouring them all over the table.
>>
>>61993058
>216 is alot
you are like little baby
before the rule of 3 i ran 120 corpuscari that averaged at around 400 something shots before the charge

>mfw you will never again roll 120 dice for mortal wounds on the charge
>>
>>61992699
>>61992702
>>61992991
Rocks do not have sharp cut edges like that. It looks like low poly shit.
>>
>>61993260
Yes they do stupid. Slate, granite, obsidian, boulders of most kinds
>>
File: image.png (1.72 MB, 1200x1724)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
I heard you like marines anon. So I bought you some strippers.
>>
File: 1523159405221.jpg (361 KB, 804x796)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
Winter is coming
>>61993288
>>61993288
>>61993288
>>
>>61993313
They don't cut like that.
Even the rocks at the base are doing that overstyalized look. Like are you telling me that's also slate?

They've just been throwing sharp edges on everything. Like nu ork plate armor looks like this.
>>
>>61992660
Brushes are tough and it depends on how price sensitive you are. Starting out you're ideally looking for some moderately good sable or synthetic sable brushes. Mostly you'll need some pointed rounds in the 0 to 2 size range. If you have an art store, try there and see what they have. If not, buying wargame branded brushes like GW or Army Painter will see you overpaying a bit, but they work well for the purpose and hold a point pretty well. The problem I've found with random cheap brushes, especially some of the synthetic ones, is that they're often terrible for holding a point so you overcompensate by using brushes much smaller than you should for an area and just making more work for yourself. Once you know how to take care of your brushes though I'd definately recommend getting some Winsor and Newton Series 7 kolinsky sable brushes. Thats the top quality shit and are really nice.
>>
File: warhammer_world7.jpg (263 KB, 1280x1023)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>61992050

Easy, you do a kickass diorama, objective or a terrain.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.