[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ngg.png (723 KB, 736x683)
723 KB
723 KB PNG
Previous Thread: >>62372702

Pastebin Link:
https://pastebin.com/h8Tz2ze8

What are the best games to play solo?
>>
>>62409728
>What are the best games to play solo?
The video sort >>>/v/
>>
>>62409728

GMT games with bots. Mage Knight.
>>
File: GT.jpg (641 KB, 1997x1505)
641 KB
641 KB JPG
Anybody else looking forward to God Tear?
>>
>>62408916
Then you get the negatives of both systems. No tactical timing of the phase, and a bunch of players are always excluded from politics because they have better things to spend planets on than the hope that the agendas that come up are worth it.

Better off importing the TI3 system wholesale, though some agendas might not work properly without patching them to handle timing issues.
>>
File: 1538411384318.jpg (25 KB, 440x265)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>62409728
>After the autism we've seen
Now that is living dangerously

Better question, what games did you anons (and /or your group) first play as you got into the hobby, before you knew any better?
My friends and I started with Munchkin and Three Dragon Ante. And played the shit out of them for a good year. We tried 3DA for nostalgia's sake last year, and couldn't believe we had ever put up with it ten minutes in. 2009 was an innocent time
>>
>>62409929
God dammit man, don't you know there is a resin crisis?
>>
Best quick to hit the table games anons?
Gonna pick up Bang the dice game but looking for more.
>>
>>62410102
For sale goes up to six, five seconds to explain, little to no downtime, and creates great grudges and dick punching with minimal effort and time.
Cockroach poker/Fast forward fortress are also good.

>>62410087
All hail our future popsicle stick figure overlords.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (152 KB, 344x344)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>62410102
get a pack of these badboys
>>
I have a couple of board/card game ideas. Which one sounds best off the bat:
>A game centered around Rimworld, where players take control of their own settlements and settlers with individual skills and bonuses. Animals wander, disasters happen, raiders come. Players build up their settlements with each card representing things such as bedrooms to support more colonists, Armory to provide items, or turrets to provide support against raiders.

>A game where you take on the role of architect and home designer taking orders from customers and using your skill to puzzle together a house from a variety of pieces. Different size cardboard pieces represent different rooms, and each tile can have a different level of prestige. From a rundown shack to sparkling mansion, the player who is able to fulfill the most customers orders to their satisfaction wins.

>A game where you take on the role of a small time midwest family farm looking to expand and become an agricultural giant. Players all share a board with a variety of properties, businesses, and objectives. Players grow a variety of crops which range in value at the end of the year or can be used to produce more refined items. In order to operate the farm players must own a variety of tractors which will limit their productivity. Players must also get their items to market and can be done by the purchase of a semi-truck. Space on the truck is limited though and only certain types of trucks can carry certain products. Will you take all the space yourself, rent out space on your truck to another player, or force them to use the 'bank' of trucks and pay a higher price? Whoever can amass the most land and generate the most income with their farm is the winner.
>>
File: bgg multiplayer solitaire.jpg (363 KB, 1800x1430)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>62410102
Fairy Tale
Fuji Flush
King of Tokyo

Sort of related question: does it take significantly longer to teach multiple people?

I played with a guy who insisted that game X would be faster because he already knew it and "I would only have to teach one person". I'm like motherfucker this isn't Vast, I can teach the game to multiple people at once.

Does anyone else think like this, that it's serially longer to teach a game to multiple people?

pic unrelated
>>
>>62410183
>A game centered around Rimworld, where players take control of their own settlements and settlers with individual skills and bonuses. Animals wander, disasters happen, raiders come. Players build up their settlements with each card representing things such as bedrooms to support more colonists, Armory to provide items, or turrets to provide support against raiders.
So Castle Dice?

>A game where you take on the role of architect and home designer taking orders from customers and using your skill to puzzle together a house from a variety of pieces. Different size cardboard pieces represent different rooms, and each tile can have a different level of prestige. From a rundown shack to sparkling mansion, the player who is able to fulfill the most customers orders to their satisfaction wins.
So Barenpark?

>A game where you take on the role of a small time midwest family farm looking to expand and become an agricultural giant. Players all share a board with a variety of properties, businesses, and objectives. Players grow a variety of crops which range in value at the end of the year or can be used to produce more refined items. In order to operate the farm players must own a variety of tractors which will limit their productivity. Players must also get their items to market and can be done by the purchase of a semi-truck. Space on the truck is limited though and only certain types of trucks can carry certain products. Will you take all the space yourself, rent out space on your truck to another player, or force them to use the 'bank' of trucks and pay a higher price? Whoever can amass the most land and generate the most income with their farm is the winner.
So Caverna?
>>
What do you think about Prismata, /bgg/?
>>
>>62410424
Pretty sure only soulless german robots like it.
>>
>>62410443
>mushposting without a name
>>
>>62410387
>So Castle Dice?
Not quite, mine would zoom down to a closer scale where each individual person is a named individual with specific things they are good/bad at and can be individually equipped in combat. It wouldn't be dice oriented
>So Barenpark?
Interesting game and similar concept of puzzling things together, but less focus on the puzzle/weird shapes
>So Caverna?
Not as close to what I'm envisioning, less Eurogamey, a shared board with players taking certain plots
Good suggestions though and some I'll look at picking up. I prefer designing out of ignorance so I don't realize I'm just ripping off everything else
>>
>>62409728
>Solo
Aeon's End
>>
>>62409728
>Solo
Arkham Horror LCG, Sword & Sorcery and Mage Knight (1-2p)
>>
>>62409929
No. Go away.
>>
>>62410183
Boardgames aren't stories, dipshit. Their "plot", such as it is, doesn't matter.
>>
>>62410600
Ah you're that sperg. Shoo shoo
>>
>>62410600
You're truly the 'Dude of the Morons'. Bravo!
>>
>>62410055
Munchkin is the obvious one, but otherwise there's not too much terrible there. Our other intro games were carcasonne and catan, and while we're bored of them now they aren't necessarily bad.
>>
>>62409929
Going on about how many minis a game a game has is like bragging about how big your dick is. Shows how little you have to offer besides that one thing and also implies that you're insecure in yourself and need reassurance to feel good about yourself. "you" in this case doesn't mean you, anon. I meant it in a general sense
>>
>>62410372
I feel like that guy just really wanted to play that game...or they don't have faith in your teaching skills.

Another alternative is he assumed that him or the other people could jump in and help teach the one person if it was needed.

Or maybe with only one person new, the game would still go at a reasonable pace?

Who knows? I'm guessing blind

>>62410102
Camel Up and Survive: Escape from Atlantis

>>62410055
Munchkin was a bad one. Played the shit out of Catan with some friends from '08-'12, but I outgrew that one. As painful as it is to say it, Wheaton's TableTop really got me into the hobby
>>
>>62409728
>18AU

Neat. Does it have special rules for using different gauges if you're coming from the east or the west?
>>
>>62410934
It's a miniatures game though.
>>
>>62411080
Of course it is, but that doesn't change anything
>>
File: civlization2010.jpg (196 KB, 1168x657)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>62409728
playing board games solo defeats the purpose of board gaming, which is to challenge others to the mastery of systems.
>>62409929
>Anybody else looking forward to God Tear?
oh boy! more over produced kickstarter garbage. Remember all those people that bought Lords of Hellas that said it would replace Kemet and Cyclades...and then it didn't?
>>62410600
>Boardgames aren't stories, dipshit. Their "plot", such as it is, doesn't matter.
Agreed. But some games do tell a story while others don't. Winning is all that matters.
>>
>>62410183
I rank them in reverse order of presentation.

Farming, Building, Rimming.
>>
>>62410372
Technically, he's kind of right, in that the more people you're teaching a game to, the more minor incidences of repetition can occur.

Like, today I was teaching Scythe to 2 new people, and they asked for different clarifying points over the course of learning the game, so if I had only been teaching one of them, we'd have saved maybe ~30-45 seconds of time overall.
>>
>>62409728
I do love me some 2 handed Aeon's End. Finding synergies and combo and trying to put them together before the boss wreck my face is fun.

Also, put the meme arrow before the question faggot, it's easier for my lazyness.

>>62410055
>what games did you anons (and /or your group) first play as you got into the hobby, before you knew any better?
Munchkin, obviously. But also we played a ton of Aye, dark Overlord and I think we might still do if it weren't for me lending it to someone and not remembering who. We did so werewolf to but switched to Avalon quick enough.

MEME ARROW!
>>
>>62410102
Love Letter
Skull
One night Ultimate Werewolf (if everybody knows the rule)
>>
>>62411511
>playing board games solo defeats the purpose of board gaming, which is to challenge others to the mastery of systems.
yep, it's the autism edition.
>>
Is Terraforming Mars a meme or actually good?

At least Scythe level?
>>
File: 1448985485964.png (46 KB, 248x313)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>62413184
>>
>>62413257
Scythe was kickstarter hyped, I thought it was pretty good even with hype.
I have been tricked at least once by kickstarter hype, so it makes me very cautious.
So is it just a shitty kickstarter game rated high only by backers? Is it good?
>>
>>62409728
Man I love those games, but is the Australian one any good?

Keen on getting the Euro one.
>>
>>62411511
>playing board games solo defeats the purpose of board gaming, which is to challenge others to the mastery of systems.
Not really. I play solo Agricola on boiteajeux, and there's a ranking system against other players that I automatically participate in. Also even if I can't readily compete against them, I can still track my own progress in getting good.
>>
late for SPACE ALERT
>>
>>62409929

No I backed it and kind of wish I didnt
>>
>the thread that regularly introduces you to fascinating new types of autism
Here's a game for you, anons: We're playing on a standard chess board, and you get to place a knight anywhere, then we take turns moving the knight according to normal chess rules, but you can't move the knight to a square it's already been. The person who gets put into a position where they can't move the knight to any valid position first is the loser.

What is your strategy for beating me in this game, anons, if you're the one choosing the knight's starting square, and I'm therefore the first one moving it?
>>
>>62414131
Solvable. Pen and paper and time to kill.
>>
>>62413184
Scythe and Terraforming Mars are engine builders with an emphasis on resource management, and I think Scythe is better. Terraforming Mars has a decent amount of randomness and take-that cards which are pretty awkward in engine builders. Scythe does interaction in a decent way considering that it's an engine builder and not really supposed to have a lot of interaction. I prefer the engine building in Scythe more but I think Terraforming Mars has more moving parts and depth in it's engine components, but you also have to deal with randomness of actually getting the components.

Both games are decent but Terraforming Mars has much worse art, components, etc.
>>
>>62411511
Bait

But I'll take a nib
Godtear looks amazing.
It's from the Guild Ball guys, so we kinda know it will be good.
Also, Kemet and Cyclades is kinda boring compared to LoH.

I often play solo to challange myself.
Arkham Horror LCG, Mage Knight and Sword & Sorcery are great solo games.
>>
>>62411014
>or they don't have faith in your teaching skills.
Probably why it triggered me so much, I mean we'd just met, his first meetup. I'm one of the people always teaching, so much so I get a patter down and consider myself good at teaching.

I'm not sure if that's whybut im pretty sure that's why it passed me off.

>>62411511
>defeats the purpose of board gaming, which is
Funny way to spell social interaction. I mean if it was simply systems mastery then solo play and posting your high score would be sufficient and ranked chess would be your bg of choice.
>>
>>62413184
Terraforming Mars is fun engaging multiplayer solitaire with a huge amount of rng obscured by quantity. The starting corps are unbalanced enough some few are just literally unfun, at least two stupidly OP. You can pretty much ignore the board for most of the game, and I've won every game by a huge margin (20+ TR) except one and that against people who main TM. It's point salady, the art is hodgepodge, the nifty resource cubes chip, and /bgg/ will hate you for enjoying it because it's not "actually good" even if it's not actually bad.
>>
>>62413810
>getting good at playing grandpa's first starvation euro
You ever look at someone and wonder if they realize they're wasting their life or its just autism?
>>
>>62414545
>and take-that cards which are pretty awkward in engine builders
Name one that actually impacts the game more than a TR or two. Omg you've taken one of my 1/2 point animals, how will I ever recover from this interaction.
>>
>>62414855
Just your autism.
>>
>>62414899
Exactly, they're awkward.
>>
>>62414855
> *still* buttmad after all these years at Agricola about it pwning your ass
And you call others autistic? Even IMAX don't project so much, hombre.
>>
>>62414131
I rise to my feet and inform you that I don't dabble in the "dude on a map" genre since Inis is far and away the finest exemplar and anything else would be a sheer waste of time. Then I calmly produce a flyswatter from the folds of my trenchcoat and swat your horsie to a far corner of he basement.
>>
>>62414131
I grab the piece and hold it above my head. Now you can't reach it and therefore can't move it.
>>
>>62414655
I get that anon, I would have gotten pissed off too
>>
>>62414131
>What is your strategy for beating me in this game, anons,

Come up with a foolproof strategy, overlooking one detail, and spin it out for 200 pages of manga with reaction faces, zawas and laboured metaphors until I win
>>
Hey STEEV, how big are the small chests you got for people to store their gold in M&M? I’m wanting to do the same thing, how many did you get? And how do you store them? Just on the shelf beside the game?
>>
How's Coimbra when compared to Marco Polo and other dice placement games?
>>
>>62415094
My brother has my copy right now so I can't measure them, but very small. Four of them in player colors, and they fit in the box. Something like 3x2x2 inches. Initially got some larger ones that don't fit because I am definitely a genius and very good at eyeballing sizes.
>>
>>62415939
Awesome, thanks for that. I’m gonna copy that. Did you just paint them the player colors?
>>
>>62416134
I'm too lazy for that, and hobby lobby was selling unpainted chests for more than painted ones anyways, for reasons that I'm sure I don't want to think about.
>>
Thoughts on Root?
>>
>>62416400
Flavour of them month. Not even soiboys like it.
>>
>>62416400
Good game, delivers a solid asymmetrical experience with relatively low overhead (some of the rules like battle resolution and movement border on elegant) in a decent time frame and with a less rigid player count requirement compared to something like COIN game.
>>
>>62416501
>>62416610

What did he mean by this
>>
>>62416400
Good, but overhyped.
Doesn't earn the COIN-lite reputation that was being pushed for it.
Individual turns are both very simple to plan out for yourself, and so high-impact that you likely can't effectively plan very far ahead.
The best simple dice combat system in any dudes-on-a-map I've played - but it's still dice combat.
>>62416610 is accurate.

Right now it's probably around fifth place in the genre for me.
>>
>>62416732
>didn't mush post
>opinion discarded

get with the times STEEV
>>
>>62416501
Source your quotes.
>>
File: bgg.gif (524 KB, 350x350)
524 KB
524 KB GIF
>>62417020
>Flavour of them month. Not even soiboys like it.

t. Mush
>>
>>62417095
Based
>>
File: KDM.jpg (132 KB, 970x545)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
I've been playing Kingdom Death with a guy who has the physical set and been enjoying it. A friend of mine at university is intersted in getting into it but the physical cost and distance kind of hinder that.

I've heard there are some good boards on Tabletop Simulator, and I've seen people playing it on Roll20.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for this or where to start?
>>
>>62417416
1. buy table top simulator
>>
File: 1539120308125.png (652 KB, 1920x1280)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
>>62401576
/bgg/ has been absolutely right with every recommendation. I haven't got Kemet yet so about that Idk about that one but everything else? Batting 300!
So....anyone play Cryptid yet?

And thank you whoever made this lol
>>
File: pic4222910.jpg (92 KB, 450x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Here's your board game, bro. That will be 69.90 bucks.
>>
>>62416400
Every review I've seen shilled it, then said that the game is obtuse and nobody seemed to have fun with it even though bugmen tried to shill the lizard expansion too.
>>
File: hz1.jpg (1.44 MB, 548x8192)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>62417416
>had
>>
>>62417416

Just buy the game. There's enough content in there you'll never need another game again.
>>
Is galaxy trucker any good?
>>
>>62417663
Sidereal Confluence really needs to be played on a solid color table.
>>
>>62410102
Campy Creatures is very popular with my group.
>>
File: 1537967631050.gif (755 KB, 500x375)
755 KB
755 KB GIF
>>62417663
>Not playing it at max player count
You disappointed me anon

>>62417711
Yes. Also has a killer app version
>>
>>62417698
there, I fixed it.
>>
>>62417843
is there a mega link to download that anime or something reliable
>>
>>62417859
Remember when you had to assemble all that
>>
>>62414646

Every other SFG game is shit.

Even the Guildball community doesnt think GodTear will be good
>>
>>62417711
>>62417843
beware, the app burned me out on galaxy trucker, also you miss out on the physical component manipulation and social fun, which is the good part of galaxy trucker. the app is so easy though I just keep playing that instead of actually busting out my galaxy trucker hard copy.
>>
>>62417698
I'm gradually coming around to the idea of backing these things to just have and paint the miniatures over playing the game. Some of the plastic pusher shit is insanely good value vs. regular mini prices.
>>
>that latest Pax Pamir update where Cole Wehrle says he's personally flying out to Afghanistan to study tribal politics in the flesh and make sure has the Dominance Check mechanic right
I'm getting worried senpaitachi
>>
>>62418519
Conan masterrace

but I'm not backing shit on KS, and especially not KS exclusive, I don't care if there are 1000 perfect D&D minis for 5¢ each, I'm not supporting the KS exclusive model.
>>
>>62418669
>I'm not supporting the KS exclusive model.
SFG kickstarters aren't KS exclusives. They have some exclusives but all of their kickstarter stuff is full retail products
>>
>>62418557
He also said he was going to convert to Islam so he can get a better scope of the struggle, right?
>>
>>62414855

>Board games
>Autism

pick 2
>>
>>62417698
This game looks like garbage and the rules are made by somekind of a brainlet
>>
>>62417443
Done. Next? Looks like there are a few boards about but no idea what ones are worthwhile.

>>62417707
I'd love to pick it up, but at the moment me and my board-game friends are kind of in the limbo of going to different universities/work/living away so we play D&D on Roll20 but otherwise rarely meet for more than a drink and catch up.
>>
>>62418557
>Dominance Check mechanic

Is there where you check to see how many young boys you dominant?
>>
So nobody played Space Alert?
>>
>>62418760
I dunno, I stopped the podcast when he started chanting death! death to the decadent West! with the Leder games crew.
>>
>>62420386
>>62418760
>>62418557
>>62420103
Is he a bugman or something? Did some googling and seemed like a nice fellow
>>
>>62420578
He's a PhD history grad who is pretty high-falutin' about board games, but I'm sure he's NOT being radicalized into a sinister terrorist death commando.
>>
File: spoonfeed.jpg (756 KB, 2205x3306)
756 KB
756 KB JPG
>>62419739
jesus christ man put on your big boy pants
>>
File: 3dbox.jpg (942 KB, 2000x2283)
942 KB
942 KB JPG
What's TG's opinion of Crystal Clans? Looking for a new card game and this one seems pretty fun but I really wish it had some sort of deck building or drafting aspect to it.
>>
>>62421647
mama mama I wont eat those I need plastic figures
>>
Should I buy Terraforming Mars: The Prelude or the 10th Anniversary Edition of Pandemic?
>>
>>62421647
I can understand a level of "Don't spoonfeed the baby" memes but I'm interested in a game of there is several versions of on Tabletop Simulator, is it really that deplorable that I dared ask for suggestions on which are best to try in a thread about boardgames?
>>
>>62421908
I'll give you a detailed writeup tonight.
>>
So what are you guys currently backing on KS or waiting for something to deliver?
>>
>>62422314
Waiting for Jagged Earth expansion to launch next week. First time I'm kicking something since devastation of Indines like five years ago. I don't even remember my account details
>>
What's the best space themed game? No wargaming tape measure cuck shit.
>>
>>62422314
I'm gonna cave in on Mezo. Waiting for the late pledge for Tang Garden. Will probably go all in on >>62422334 for a full copy of the game + previous expac + new expac if available.
>>
>>62422314
Currently backing Space Explorers and Campy Creatures. Waiting for Space Park to deliver.
>>
>>62422374
I hope you are smart enough to not go for the totally unnecessary minis edition and go for the standees instead.
>>
>>62422204
Neither
>>
>>62422401
I'm going to get the minis because I want to paint the gods.
>>
>>62422372
Kepler 3042
>>
>>62422372
OK, please explain how wargaming with tape measures is in any way cuckoldry
>>
>>62422372
Quantum
And Gaia Project is probably good.
>>
File: catan in space.png (131 KB, 300x168)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>62422372
Terraforming Mars
Roll for the Galaxy
Race for the Galaxy
Galaxy Trucker
Gaia Project
Clank in Space
First Martians
Pocket Mars
Red Planet
Hegemonic
Alien Frontier

I feel like there is something I'm forgetting...
>>
>>62422272
Just try one out and see how it is. If it's shit, then try a new one
>>
>>62422482
Space Alert is better than all of those
>>
>>62422314
>currently backing on KS
Battlecon Unleashed. I went at the $120 tier to get the Devastation remastered, the fixes to all of the other BC games, and the storage box.

>waiting for something to deliver?
AEGIS. I got an email from them saying that the games should start being mailed out this week, I'm really excited to get my hands on it.
>>
>>62422444
You literally buy plastic to put on mats and push around the empty desk.
>>
File: worf no.gif (2.64 MB, 400x300)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB GIF
>>62422482
>filename
Got me
>>
>>62422543
I cannot debate you on that point
>>
>>62422312
Much appreciated anon.
>>
>>62422372
High Frontier, obviously. Don't you like orbital mechanics?
>>
>>62422783
Weren't there some fuckups with the production/delivery of the third edition?
>>
>>62422798
I wouldn't know, I missed the Kickstarter. I'm waiting for the 4th edition.
>>
>>62422559
How is that like cuckoldry?
>>
File: help.png (780 KB, 1028x716)
780 KB
780 KB PNG
Grandson, come over here. I'm trying to print this picture on the Adobe but it keeps on coming out weird. Can you fix the computer?
>>
>>62422783
That's just shit design. So much wasted space besides being cluttered. Double fail.
>>
>>62423454
well pops when you're a featherfag pictures of your waifu are going to be weird for everyone no matter how they are cropped.

Which Adobe are you using and are you printing to pdf
>>
talk to me about midevil deluxe, why i cant find anything about it?
>>
>>62423997
because it's spelled medieval maybe?
>>
File: file.png (295 KB, 498x417)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>62424012
no it isnt
>>
>>62423732
It might be the greatest game ever made, I still won't play it if it looks like that. I don't know what Eklund was thinking, that's just messy and confusing
>>
>>62424021
Well that's the problem they spelled it wrong.
>>
>>62409728
Dark Souls, Massive Darkness, and the D&D Adventure system all run pretty well as solo experiences. Not that I would recommend playing it, but Fallout is a good solo game as well. The multiplayer aspect being competitive feels counter-intuitive to the game's overarching design, and unfortunately that system is central to the victory mechanic. It's a shame, there's some real meat to the game's design, and the quest deck is great, but it's such a major failure of game design.
>>
File: fuck the wolves.jpg (4.79 MB, 4160x3120)
4.79 MB
4.79 MB JPG
>>62422312
>>62421908
I approached it coming from Summoner Wars, which I've been playing heavily since 2011, so my opinion on SW clouded my initial impression of Crystal Clans.
At first glance, I didn't think highly of it. Only nine grids to move and fight on? That's a fraction of the area SW gave you. And no dice? You just play cards from hand? How anti-climactic.

Then I played it. It is a lean, mean, skirmish machine. Every card is both a unit and "battle card" that provides buffs or utility in a fight. Do you use your massive monster for it's combat bonus, or do you field it? And those nine grids leaves no room to run away. You are non-stop contesting zones, and the shared resource tracks makes it feel that you lose due to your decisions, not to chance. Do I summon a cheap guy and give you little to work with, or summon my heroes and give you a lot of wiggle room to counter attack? Do I stall for time so that when I claim a crystal you have to waste a bunch of the catch up money just to redraw your hand? The resource design is the main source of tension in the game, and combined with how you create these squads of dudes to occupy zones, there feels like so much design space to explore. I've been seeing how they are further exploring the design space with the the first expansion wave, and I've been pleasantly surprised.

If you ever played Summoner wars, to me that game always felt like we were slugging it out, creating wild and entertaining plays. Crystal Clans feels like a knife fight, you dance around, take a piece out of the other person, then resume the dance. It hasn't replaced SW for me (I have a complete collection of the game), but I have been getting a lot of fun matches our of Crystal Clans, and it has been rewarding to explore certain matchups and/or understand the tempo and synergies of certain factions.
>>
dead of winter is a meme game or is as good as they say?
>>
>>62423454
what the fuck are you even trying to do
>>
>>62424510
Good? Whomever told you that is a big fat fucking liar.
>>
>>62424489
To address your need for deckbuilding speed, the game has plans for construction, but only once the first wave of expansion clans are out, and in a fairly limited form. Each faction has an icon, and factions with matching icons can be cpaired together for deckbuilding purposes. We don't have any other indication what the rules are though. There will be 7 pairs once the first wave finishes, but I dont think youd have to buy everything. You like a certain faction from the base set, and would like to expand it? Just buy the one deck that can go with it. The core set also has two clans, Skull and Blood, that have the matching icons. Faction packs are really reasonable, 10 usd, and even in canada i can find them for that price.
If you like skrimish games, give it a try. Not so sure, find a way to play it first, either TTS or a board game cafe/bar.
>>
File: 1515756653513.jpg (168 KB, 960x731)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>62424533
use a single art asset for multiple cards, obviously
>>
>>62424543
is realy THAT bad?
i tought zombicide was the realy big meme game.
>>
>>62424597
that was ZOMBIES!!!
>>
>>62424597
It's better than zombicide. Much better.
But it has a lot of serious problems.
It's extremely random.
Tons of the survivors have a single obvious thing they should be doing, and will be doing every turn until they die, so you're short on interesting decisions right out of the gate.
The traitor mechanic is poorly inplemented, and doesn't incentivise the subterfuge and sabotage you'd hope for in such a game.

The theming is reasonably good though, I guess.
>>
>>62424565
well apply the damn mask you fucking fool
>>
>>62424635
are zombie "co-op" games the source of your unbridled dislike of the genre?
>>
>>62425013
If you mean that co-ops are designed for zombies, shambling mindlessly onward in their unlife with no hint of the vigor, ambition, and lust for challenge and adventure that give proof to the living, then yes.
>>
File: ShVlRjG.png (457 KB, 1600x1600)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
>>62425338
I sort of walked into that one, didnt I
>>
File: 1493171867869.jpg (1.29 MB, 2268x3024)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
This is a good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WQCzcHsAYg&t=0s&index=9&list=PL5UyaJ4tfEqxL5snKrrBGKC_PS2Tn9Maa
>>
>>62409728
I've been playing 7th Continent a whole lot lately. It's great fun. I've played it with 2, but it works best as a one-player experience.
>>
>>62425466
needs more staples
>>
>>62425974
staples?
>>
give it to me straight, playing Great Western Trail for the first time Sunday. Will it be good?
>>
File: haaaaa.jpg (121 KB, 500x644)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>62425974
>>
>>62425753
Part of me regrets not getting it during it's second kickstarter because of it's large scope and content, but another part of me realizes that there is so much game in that box I would never be able to fully play it or give it justice, without becoming exhausted of the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>62426436
I feel the same way about Gloomhaven
I am glad I got one of the best games with so much content, but I feel I will never see it because it's so hard to get to the table, like is it worth it?
>>
>>62426436
That's what I thought at first, but I've found out that the game is as much about survival as it is about exploration. The struggle to conserve your energy and use it as efficiently as possible keeps it fresh between plays. I'm really glad I sprang for the whole thing.
>>
File: yesh.gif (2.72 MB, 398x512)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB GIF
>>62426316
>>
>>62422314

I backed GodTear but I regret it. At this point im just hoping for neat minis.

I also backed Inhuman Conditions after trying out the PnP. Was fun. Neat concept
>>
>>62422314
>currently backing
Empyreal with expansion, because I want to support lvl99. I'm starting to get more plays out of Argent, and even though I'm sure I haven't seen everything, I'm thoroughly infatuated with it. Empyreal looks like a streamlined version- its design also has a simple core around which you add cards, but there's a bunch of them and the interaction mechanisms are there. I got Argent second hand, so I feel a bit more inclined to back it.

I may back Jagged Earth, waiting for the pitch. Also waiting for Inis' expansion to have its features and rules announced proper.
>>
What's a fair price for a mint copy of hero quest but a decent bit of shelf wear?
>>
Someone please tell me what's so good about 7th continent and whats bad about it? Need to talk myself out of buying a copy on ebay
>>
>>62422314
I backed the Hanakimoji Playmat and promos because thats my GF and I's favorite game.
I also backing Bee Lives, because I've honstly been waiting for a bee themed euro game, and it looks like a great sort of simulation game too, which reminds me of my favorite Phil Eklund games.

>>62426944
I'm backing Inhuman Conditions as well. I /thought/ I could print and play it, but that shit was like 70 pages long, which looks like way too much effort for me to do, but the core concept of the game looks very fun, so I'm backing it anyways.
>>
File: 1495516466766.jpg (36 KB, 278x288)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>62427650
>I's
>>
>>62426972
Lvl99 is such a great company. What's argent like?
>>
>>62427815
Very responsive to player input for a worker placement. Argent makes a lot of tools available to all players throughout the game, so you can address almost everything except shadowing. This feels good: Each round sees substantial changes in what every players will have acquired- with both your acquired assets expanding and your grasp of other players' strategies increasing noticeably with each turn.
Customization is through the roof, with room tiles and mages powers being double sided. The game is also rather hard to break even if you go out of your way to do so, and the hidden consortium makes for a lot of difference between games.
Best of all, it's not harsh easy to cut your losses and change gears mid game. Since all voters want something distinct and rooms have limited spots anyway, you never just all-in on something, and if the others ignore your change in tactics, you have a strong shot at winning. Direct interaction is also high for a worker placement.

Despite the amount of options, game knowledge required to play it is minimal: You have one optional fast action and one standard action per turn until something else grants you more. It's there is no indication that it is a fast action, then it is a slow action and take your whole turn. The game help fit on your character sheet.

Also I like the theme. I like schools of Magic, and I want to be Mage Consul.
>>
>>62427815
The only reproach I can make is that there are golems but no ghosts to scare people, and the game needs a -big- table. Spells cards are all 8x12cm, the rest of the cards are 63x88mm, and you need space for
>the consortium board (12 of those cards + IP track)
>the university rooms (also pretty large)
>the tableaux for spells, vault items, supporters, and masks if you use them
>the belltower offerings
>each player's office: Character sheet, acquired spells, vault items, and non played supporters, resources
>components piles
That's a lot. And by the end of the game, a player will have several of those extra large spell cards + vault cards in his play area.
>>
File: IwannaDie.png (359 KB, 640x360)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>62422521
So I've spent the last 6 hours trying a few Kingdom Death boards.

The one that seemed most promising had entire decks missing from several decks, not sure if they were elsewhere but couldn't figure it out, 5 pages of comments showed a few others having the same problem but with no fix mentioned.

One seemed pretty okay but tough to use since it was entirely manual but did not allow editing of any of the sheets or values in game.

Have I garnered some spoon-feeding yet? Can anyone reccommend one worth trying.
>>
File: IMG_20180717_221508.jpg (1.56 MB, 2016x1512)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>62422372
Xia is my favorite, but that one might be pretty polarizing among different people.
>>
>>62422372
Leaving Earth.
>>
>>62428398
Saw someone talking about that game a few threads ago. It got me to research it a bit more, and now I have it preordered. It's on a super long waitlist, for the production to catch up, but I'm excited for it.
>>
>>62422372
Twilight Imperium 4 and Exodus: Edge of Extinction obviously.
>>
>>62422314
I'm not currently backing anything, I am waiting for like, 4 games to deliver.

I backed Immortal Mythology Board Game, Horsemen of the Apocalypse Card Game, Scion 2nd Edition, Bargain Quest Second Printing, and The Partisans.

Of the 5, the first two have been a hell of a "wait and see" situation. where I backed them in like, 2015, and I still don't have anything.

The Immortal and Horsemen have taken FOREVER, but I'm more inclined to back Immortal, because they've had more open communication and...

Oh shit. Horsemen was actually delivered, I just didn't read the emails because my dad was fighting and tragically losing to cancer at the time. I gotta reach out to those guys. That's...a weird emotional place to be in.

Anyway, dark twist aside, the middle one's chugging along, and the other two are new, so I'm 'waiting' in a very generic sense.
>>
>>62427493
It's incredibly tedious and repetitive. There's zero story except lolsorandumb. It's exactly the kind of game that should have been done as a pc game.
>>
>>62422314
Yep. I'm waiting for:
>dinosaur Island
I don't give a shit if the game is not stellar, I will be happy if it's just OK. I just want the dino meeples.

>dungeon Degenerate
One of you fag made me back it. At least it have a solo mode

>box throne
Gotta store those games man...

I will probably back the Spirit Island KS when it's live
>>
>>62409728
What game is that OP?
>>
File: IMG_20180914_193517.jpg (6.18 MB, 4608x3456)
6.18 MB
6.18 MB JPG
>>62428531
That was me. I also did a solo playthrough and posted pictures. I've only played up to Normal Difficulty and that had some decent planning, I can't imagine Hard and Very Hard. I haven't done some of the more interesting maneuvers like two part missions which I think the higher difficulties start requiring.

Good solo game, though it would be much more exciting (and probably have a lot of downtime) with more players.
>>
File: 545735473543.jpg (621 KB, 3264x2448)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
Why is hex-and-counter format unpopular outside historical wargames? I think counters are CUTE, but I'm not a history nut, I just like building little piles. Currently own two Next War games (WW3) and MBT (cold war gone hot), thinking about getting ASL Starter Kits for gameplay alone.
>>
>>62431662
Counters are just outdated in the current board game world, there's not really any reason to use them. They're pretty much used because they're cheap to produce and you can easily swap sheets to produce a different game. Keeps the game costs as low as they can be for small wargame publishers.
>>
Which board games you have that are shit that no one will take off your hands in any deal? Mine are Bloody Inn and Munchkin.
>>
File: pic2038435.png (144 KB, 215x300)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
so how is it?
>>
>>62431806
I'm guessing terrible.
>>
>>62431806
Odds of it being good are dicey...
>>
Should I back BattleCON Unleashed?
>>
>>62432163
If you like BattleCON, then sure. Otherwise, probably not.
>>
>>62431791
>Counters are just outdated in the current board game world

I wouldn't say 'outdated' - just unnecessary in most modern board games. Many games have no need for individual unit stats, and those that do often use minis as a selling point and then add the unit stats to cards with artwork instead. But I wouldn't disagree at all with your assertion that using chits with basic graphics helps keep production costs low which is definitely an issue for game publishers. As an old-fag gamer who cut his teeth on classic hex-n-chit war games and micro games, I'm used to imaging the scene rather than have minis. That said, I can see the appeal of good minis on top of a good rule set.

>>62431662
>Why is hex-and-counter format unpopular outside historical wargames?

Because many gamers aren't looking to become the next Rommel or Patton or some other legendary strategist. They aren't looking for a game that requires many many replays to grasp the deepest strategies. They have a few hours of social time and they want to have fun without having to expend a lot of mental energy to do so.
>>
>>62432242
Good Lord Anon! If you go around applying logic to things you'll never make the upper management team.
>>
>>62432282
>Implying middle management isn't where all the fun is
>>
>>62432260
What's a good game to get into wargaming? I have Space Empires 4x already which seems to fit the bill but I would like to see some more deep wargames that have me deal with more staple ideas of the genre.
>>
>>62432357
Not that anon, and frankly not much of a wargamer, but anyway - not a hex-and-counter wargame but Triumph & Tragedy is a fantastic block wargame, for three players. There's also a bunch of 2-player block wargames, I'm thinking of getting Fields of Despair soon myself. Also block wargames in general seem to come across as less heavy/fiddly than hex-and-counter wargames. Anywho, heard pretty good things about Combat Commander and Conflict of Heroes when it comes to hex-and-counter.
>>
>>62432425
I'm in the P500 for Triumph & Tragedy and I own Sekigahara. I'd like some more block wargames and heard about Fields of Despair, I may add that onto my list.
>>
>>62426436
>but another part of me realizes that there is so much game in that box I would never be able to fully play it or give it justice, without becoming exhausted of the same thing over and over again.

What's up with this hobby? Seems to be filled with good goys who hate money and love accumulating expensive pieces of cardboard that they'll maybe look at once and that's it.
>>
>>62432486
FOMO is strong in this hobby, because it's mostly legitimate. Games go out of print all the time and there's usually no information on a reprint. Plus people accrue games and then their group fragments or dies and they keep purchasing out of habit or because of hope for it to pull together or start another group.

I would love to play Dominant Species again (and I'm planning on spending $100 pimping it out because there's a limited 3rd party upgrade being released this month) but I'll probably never get to play it with 6 people again...
>>
>>62432535

You could buy something like Gloomhaven for $100-150 and be entertained for a year or even more. Play that once, maybe twice, waste another $500 on games no one will play with you. Everything seems hype-based and designed to steal idiot's money.
>>
>>62431662
Which next war is that in your pic? I can't seem to find it on bgg
>>
>>62432486
Most of us aren't tremendous autists who are happy repeating the same thing over and over again for months on end. If you play X game for years and years you're not a board game player, you're and X game player.
>>
>>62432646
>Most of us aren't tremendous autists

Lmao
>>
>>62432467
Golan '73 I own as well as Sekigahara I haven't got around to playing either yet, but Golan uses a pretty cool "rotate the block" to lower its stats mechanic which is pretty cool. It's mainly about maintaining supply lines and the combat most surrounds what kind of assets you use to back your guys up with (arty, airstrikes, engineers, mechanized attachments, electronic warfare, commandos)
>>
>>62432590
But anon, I DO own Gloomhaven and I don't like it much. Its vastly overpriced for the experience you get out of it, which is just better simulated in other games or in video games.

Also you're criticising over hyped games designed to take money while dropping the name of one of the most over hyped, over designed game on the market.
>>
>>62432706

I was just using it as an example because it has a lot of content. My point being that you could just buy a handful of games that you really want to dive into.
>>
>>62432702
>Golan uses a pretty cool "rotate the block" to lower its stats mechanic
That's the standard for block wargames =D

>>62432535
>there's a limited 3rd party upgrade being released this month
link now
>>
>>62432741
Fair enough. I also think board game design is moving really fast. New, interesting mechanics are always being introduced, designers are building off each other, and themes are starting to branch out which can really sell a game. People also start branching out, for instance playing a few popular GMT games has fostered a love for historical wars and events, like the Cold War or Vietnam, so now I have a whole new selection of games that really appeal to me. All of this can really spur people to purchase more than they can reasonably play because again, FOMO.

Lately I've been much better at picking games that can be played solo since that's a more solid way of actually playing the game, my friends have proven them too unreliable to form a group out of and my schedule is too busy to work with most other groups.

>>62432899
It's already released, I'm making my order tomorrow it seems:
https://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=DominantSpeciesComplete
>>
>>62432638
I just googled at random, its India-Pakistan.
>>
>>62427493
good:
>It's beautiful
>It's got an interesting hand management system that's designed to mitigate bad luck and rewards preparedness
>It's strangely addictive if you like exploring and you just have to know what lies before the edge of that hill over there

bad:
>you'll have to play the same curse a couple of times to figure what's going on
>the stories themselves are nothing to write home about, just excuses to explore
>it can get really punishing at times (but nothing you can't prepare for, except you have to have played the same curse a couple of times)
>and of course, the price point
>>
File: IMG_E0233.jpg (2.75 MB, 2934x2873)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
I picked these up this morning for a good deal. I don't know anything about DragonStrike but I played Hero Quest years ago and remember enjoying so I'm excited to have it.
>>
>>62433573
>Hyper reality
You better damn well show us that you are playing with a VHS set up on a boob tube. We expect no less.
>>
>>62433627
I've got a VCR I've been dragging around the last decade just for this. Also my parents have a copy of the star trek klingon vhs game I should see if I can take from them next time they visit. I know they've never played it.
>>
>>62430848
Australia Rails
>>
>>62433710
Thanks. Has anyone done a "what if" invasion of Australia game? Would be interesting to see how my home country holds up against Indonesia.
>>
>>62433750
Risk
>>
>>62433750
Never mind found one https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/59152/panzer-grenadier-waltzing-matilda
>>
>>62432357
>What's a good game to get into wargaming?

Take a look at "OGRE" by Steve Jackson Games. It's a great intro to hex & chit war gaming and in spite of its fairly simple rule set, it offers a lot of tactical and strategic depth in the advanced scenarios. The 6th edition is out and has very nice production values and they just kickstarted more maps.

>>62432425
>Not that anon,... but anyway - not a hex-and-counter wargame but Triumph & Tragedy is a fantastic block wargame.

I would agree with this anon's assessment that T&T is a solid offering. There's also the Command & Colors series that is well respected with decent production values too.

** So what else can you look at? **

2 Hour Wargames WWII 'Nuts' series
MultiMan Publishing and their 'Advanced Squad Leader' series (hardcore ruleset) plus other historical wargames.
Nuklear Winter 68'
>>
>>62433868
> "OGRE"
>Implying it's not outdated as fuck
>>
>>62434419
> Implying that "classic" hex & chit dice based wargame mechanics have changed much in the last 4 decades.
>>
>>62428211
Wish I could help, but I've never played KDM
>>
Plaid hat going full India
Gimme my damn monkey King and jade emperor already, PHG!
>>
Inis or Kemet? Taking alternative recs as well
>>
>>62435951
El Grande
>>
>>62436076

Little too dry for me.
>>
>>62435951
Kemet is the better off the two unless you have a massive hard-on for drafting.
I'll also throw Mare Nostrum into the hat.
>>
>>62436210
My group loved Mare Nostrum - played a single 'learning turn' and by the end of turn 2 they all pretty well had the game down. Rome won eventually but at least 3 of us were all close on our victory conditions.
>>
>>62436210
Um... no. Inis is better than Kemet.
And Lords of Hellas is better than all of them.
>>
>>62422482
Quantum
Xia
Space Cadet: Away Missions
Twilight Imperium
Forbidden Stars
Most Star Wars shit by FFG

>DELETE
First Martians
Mission: Red Planet
>>
>>62422559
Whelp, we've diagnosed your Autism for you.
>>
>>62422482
> Hegemonic

I like Hegemonic but I would argue that Exodus: Edge of Extinction and Empires of the Void II are both better 4x games.

There's also:
Eminent Domain
Core Worlds
Theseus: The Dark Orbit
>>
>>62436509

its you again Rising Sun shill, arent you
>>
>>62427650
>Hanakimoji Playmat
is you gf going to be mad you's can't spell her name?
>>
File: 1517151252582.jpg (69 KB, 395x450)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>Deterministic combat
>>
>>62435951
Inis
>>
Does Blood Rage or Rising Sun play better with 3 people? Which one plays better in general?

inb4 Inis or Kemet.
>>
File: TM.jpg (8 KB, 300x180)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>62437174
>Output randomness
>>
>>62435578
Is the Light Clan preview up already?
>>
>>62437002
>>62437720
No, Eric Maricon Lang is garbage.
>>
>>62438642
Yup, also, we have gem and moon clan on preorder in the store. From the blurb, gem clan cares about how many crystals you've claimed/your opponent has. Moon likes to raid and their key word has something to do about making the opponent discard cards from hand/deck (not sure) after killing things.
>>
>>62438125
H-how would that even work? If we aren't just talking about dice rolls.
>>
File: 1378651370307.gif (27 KB, 326x270)
27 KB
27 KB GIF
>mfw buying Concordia has made CATAN completely obsolete

what the fuck do I do with catan now
>>
>>62439870
Sell it to a normie.
>>
Anyone else playing this? I’ve had a few games and am really enjoying it so far. If anyone has played both Endeavor and Navegador I’d love to hear a comparison as they have similar themes.
>>
Bump
>>
File: IMG_20181011_195656.jpg (4.64 MB, 3120x4160)
4.64 MB
4.64 MB JPG
I didn't think I could hate someone other than the English. But the fucking frogs beat us during building phase of turn 4. Urbanization evemt on turn two gave us three hatians in each sands, and the coastal land later created a plantation building explosion. Over a dozen towns built, that was gg. And that was just lvl2.
I shouldn't play serpent again.
>Inb4 what game is that
>Inb4 autist island REE
>Inb4 LSS brainlets
>>
File: 1393588880774.jpg (767 KB, 2500x3176)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>62442255
>inb4
>thrice
>>
Okay /bgg/ I just bought a copy of otys what should I think?
>>
>>62440744
I played Navegador and did not like it - mainly because of how Rondel only gives you one action at a time - for example you cannot buy ships and then sail them, but you have to buy, wait for other players to do something, then sail. Also the way everything is calculated in the end rather than during the game. Basically I like rondel but it's implemented in a disjointed way that took away the pleasure from watching the fluctuating economy work. At any point I did not feel like I was doing anything but going through the motion. Theme itself is 10/10.

I might play it more or trade it for Space Alert or something. How's Endeavor?
>>
File: IMG-20180413-WA0002.jpg (19 KB, 600x608)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>62442362
Well, guess I have to go jump now.
>>
>>62442793
Nevermind, just went to bgg, another reviewbotted Kikeshit. Horrible card design as well. I would not bother learning how it plays on that alone.
>>
>>62443061
That is some high level snobbery.
>>
>>62414131
I place the knight in an arbitrary square, but on its side.
>>
>>62442793
>>62443061
Clearly didn’t do your research friendo. Endeavor: Age of Sail is a (Kickstarter funded) reprint of the original Endeavor with some extra content and updated art. All the Kickstarter exclusive stuff is purely cosmetic.

The game is pretty fun, random distribution of setup resources, optional expansion boards, and level 5 buildings ensures you need to pay attention and rethink your strategy every game. Beyond setup there is no randomness whatsoever so you’ll never lose to a bad dice roll or card draw. It’s a pretty decent Euro that finishes in about an hour, hour and a half.

The theme is great if that’s your thing, lots of historical stuff in the optional side boards and exploitation of all the major continents with your European empire. You can even indulge in slavery so long as you stop others from abolishing it.
>>
>>62442714
Why not play it and decide for yourself?
>>
>>62442255
what game is this?
>>
So....sooooooo....Cryptid anyone?
>>
>>62446322
Never heard of it or played it but he has

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4B1yJjkwWZQ
>>
>>62446386
Thank you, friend.
>>
>>62425013
>>62425338

I do find co-op games tend to suffer from a lack of mechanic diversity. Because you are collectively fighting an engine there is almost always an optimal move, and it seems to be very easy to work it out in most cases. This makes the game boring...The traitor mechanic in dead of winter kind of sucks, but I think it is also the reason that I like the game more than most co-op games, which i generally loathe.
>>
>>62446543
Play Anachrony
The available buildings you can buy are presented in a random order.
The available resources and workers change each round into a random combination.
You'll always have to act according to who buys what and when. There is also multiple ways to victory.
Either build up for the end game evacuation or go for a steady gain or do a fast early gain and try to do some time travelling shenanigans to cancel the meteor impact.
>>
>>62409728
>the best games to play solo?
At the Gates of Loyang
Spirit Island
Aeon's End (prefer 2 characters)
>>
>>62439054
Tiles
>>
>>62437720
They're both mediocre trash.
>>
>>62445931
Spirit Island. Hence the:

>Inb4 autist island REE
>>
File: 1533341195557.jpg (139 KB, 480x1440)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>62447199
>>
File: IMG_20181009_204239~2.jpg (2.09 MB, 4160x3120)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
Anon who got me to get VotK: Last Rites:
You didn't warn me.
You didn't give a hint this sort of tomfoolery could happen.
Wife starts her turn with an astrologer in her discard pile, that I placed there last turn. She plays carpenter, copies it, gives it back and draws three. Then plays priest of Horus, leather worker being last card pitched and top card of discard pile. Copies carpenter four times. Blows me out.
That she held onto card draw and still bought some pricey lvl3 card is just salting the wounds.
>>
>>62446543
Coops with traitor mechanics are classified as Semi-Coop.

Dead of Winter is a shitty Battlestar Galactica. Since that's out of print, you can grab Dark Moon instead, which is BSG-lite.
>>
>>62449586
>Since that's out of print

Woah what. It's coming back in print though right?
>>
>>62449615
Maybe as some remake in the Twilight Imperium universe.
>>
>>62449631
Somehow I don't think Nekro infiltrator units are as subtle as cylons.
>>
>>62450144
> Warning: Joking Hazzard

I see what you did there!
>>
>>62450144
Watching the nekro player make a tributary state out of the neighboring jol-nar was one of the most amusing things I've seen in a game of TI3.
>>
>>62450978
Seriously. In TI4, If jol-nar rushes E-Res Siphons, that can actually turn into a crazy strong symbiotic relationship. Four trade goods whenever anyone activates one of their systems.
>>
File: DpQg7Z2WsAEJ6Dl.jpg (221 KB, 1200x900)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
Some Jagged Earth stuff got shared online. Aspect cards that alter spirits, something about archipelagos/multiple islands, and what the fuck is happening on that bottom spirit board.
>>
File: monumental.jpg (584 KB, 2000x2000)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>62452302
what game is this for?
>>
File: ahc29_box_left.png (596 KB, 500x609)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
Turns out the latest FFG hints using tarot cards are confirmed as tying into the latest AHLCG expansion.
>>
>>62452440
Spirit Island
>>
>>62452302
>Some Jagged Earth stuff got shared online.

Links or it didn't happen? :)
>>
>>62452932
Just check the bgg SI forum, the Twitter link containing the image I posted is in the jagged earth thread. Someone else posted a YouTube video of what components they saw and played with, but I'm not going to listen to that or link it.
>>
>>62452932
https://youtu.be/W_utqBCl40M
>>
File: pic3926111.jpg (108 KB, 600x600)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Anyone here played Otys? Thought? I think it looks neat (if a little fiddly)
>>
>>62442255
>playing the meme snake against a fast-building colonist

You deserved to lose.
>>
>Listen up, you reeking joovs! We got a fresh new preview for Neon Gods that every gang boss worth a blurp, needs to put two eyes on! Are you ready to rule your blocks and take your gang skyways? It’s gonna take plenty of fresh meat, the skills to bust Andys, and a healthy fear of owls. Today we’ll be looking at your starting gang and how you’ll use them every round. Gizzer!

Could a board game preview be any more cringey
>>
>>62454907
I take it you don't ever challenge yourself?
Playing solo with Ocean is a bitch, but it's doable. Same goes for any spirit team comp versus any adversary in any player count.
You sound boring
>>
Who's your favorite Spirit, bgg?
>>
>>62455792
Toss up between oceans hungry grasp and heart of the Wildfire. You?
>>
>>62456084
A Spread of Rampant Green.
>>
>>62456233
It really is a jack of all trades role. Very satisfying to defend with innate, defend with a minor power you've picked up, and use your ability to prevent ravages or build in three other areas. Leaving 2 or 3 other card plays for damage, support, growth. Table asks "who's got x,y and z lands?" and you've already got it.

That and there's no spirit that it doesn't pair well with.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.71 MB, 4160x2340)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB JPG
>>62448852
>>
>>62453034
>>62453452
Thank you (both?) for the info. It's appreciated!
>>
>>62456523
>>
File: Twilight Snuggle.jpg (506 KB, 960x1344)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
I know how off-topic and /v/idya related stuff as well as the mention of Kickstarter *ahem* never sets off /bgg/, so apologies in advance...

I think I've just run across the best F'ing Kickstarter *game concept* Evar!!!

**** Desperate Endeavors: A Horror-Dating Simulator ****

"Not everything in outer space will be friendly. Make out with unknown terrors in this horror dating simulator."

Holy Shiz! It's like a Fa/tg/uys IRL dating simulator concept. And while I can't say that I'd support this KS, it did me wonder, if only for a moment, if I could do an actual pic related board game...
>>
>>62426267
Just finished playing it for the first time. Expect to be overwhelmed. It’s a long game. Read the rules in advance to cut down on time and headaches. It’s good though
>>
>>62456701
Someone made a board game years ago that was sex between a woman and some tentacle creature. Co-op with the goal to make both parties feel satisfied and loved. Can't remember the name though
>>
>>62456856
Consentacle
>>
>>62456959
Thanks anon!
Here you go Jaded, go out and explore xenos post-xoital snuggling
>>
>>62449615
No, the BSG license has expired
>>
File: T.B. Card.jpg (26 KB, 285x400)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>62456856
>>62456959

I thought for sure you were talking about the 'Tentacle Bento' KS Game. I learned something new.

https://thegaminggang.com/thoughts-on-gaming/thought-police-pull-plug-on-tentacle-bento-an-honest-look/
>>
>>62456959
>>62456986

Copies of Consentacle are going for a paultry $120 - $140 dollars. Heh! Sex sells - who knew? ;)
>>
>>62443837
>Kickstarter funded reprint

hard pass
>>
>>62457463
So do you stay away from battlecon unless its the mediocre first edition of war?
>>
>>62457507
I have zero interest in finding out what battlecon is after reading the outline so yes

I have another rule: if a game has an expansion within a year of release, it's a shit game. Never faltered.
>>
>>62456856
>years ago
It was like last year and hasn't even had general release yet.
>>
>>62458661
>if a game has an expansion within a year of release, it's a shit game. Never faltered.

Oh look! A shitty platitude from a shit-for-brains. What a surprise. It's good to see you getting some <ahem> 'mental exercise' though for a change - even if it is only jumping to false conclusions. We can hardly wait your next 'feat of advanced logic' - something really difficult like "Counting to Potato".
>>
>>62409929

I certainly am, have had a blast playing with the prototype kit, or whatever it was called.

You're probably better off asking /awg/ about it though. Lot less shitters in that thread anyways.
>>
>>62458661
>I have another rule: if a game has an expansion within a year of release, it's a shit game. Never faltered.
So you don't play these games, but you've also played them enough to know that they are shit. But you are very knowledgeable about the hobby. Except when you proudly crowe your ignorance.
Which is it, you pretentious curmudgeon, I'm having a hard time keeping up.
>>
>>62456986
>That disgusting artwork
>>
>>62458661
Only a Sith deals in absolutes
>>
>>62459981
That makes him a 'Sith-for-brains' too?
>>
File: 1539358451065.jpg (47 KB, 375x523)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>62459969
It does have a certain Moon over June feel to it, aye
>>
ctrl+f
"chainsaw warrior"
Fuck me /tg/ what happened to you?
>>
>>62461945
???
>>
>>62461978
>chainsaw warrior
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainsaw_Warrior

One of the better solo board games ever made. Ridiculously tough, loads of options, super tense build up and easy to restart when you get into a pickle.
>>
>>62462204
I'm familiar with the game. How many decades has it been though since you could find a copy of that game other than Ebay?
>>
>>62462323
It's on steam if you really want it m9ty
>>
>>62460381
>Moon over June

Oh man, I'd managed to forget all about that until now.
>>
>>62457463
>good games should stay out of print forever unless a publisher is feeling generous
That’s a good goy opinion if I’ve ever heard one.
>>
>>62462355
Wow! I had no idea. I don't really want / need it other than Nostalgia reasons. But that and the old GW 'Battlecars' (or whatever it was called) and some of the other old '1980's style games come to mind when when you mention "Chainsaw Warrior"
>>
>>62460381
Now that's just rude. The girl has a bit of an overbite, sure, but her mouth and general facial structure still do resemble that of a human being.
Hell, I'd argue that even the tentacle looks more like a person than characters in MoJ.
>>
>>62457212

I remember hearing about that game a while back, and suffice to say, it was cringe city, and the people who owned it (pretty damn sure it got released), were gross neckbeards anyways.

However, reading into it again, I never knew there was some sort of outcry fueled by kotaku to have it taken down from KS, which I guess is what happened?

I really want to get a copy now out of spite.
>>
>>62409728
It's 'Slow-poke' Saturday in Murica...

New Thread is up: >>62465440

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.