[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Rebel_Assault_Frigate.png (293 KB, 560x420)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
Better Mark II design than the actual Mark II design Edition

Previous thread: >>62407910

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing, Armada, and Legion
>https://pastebin.com/RKyjSGFq
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference materials & misc. resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Disney novels and comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Tons of EU novels and Dark Horse comics
>https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg
Writefaggotry
>https://pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ

/swr/ download links
>https://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Latest news
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/9/specialize-your-army/
>>
First for trust no one.
>>
Best Sith walkin' through.
>>
>>62423214
>Best Sith
>Isn't even a droid
Move aside, Marr.
>>
File: kaas.png (2.46 MB, 1035x875)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB PNG
>>62423214
Walking is for chumps
>>
>>62423214
Darth Spike McGee?
>>
>>62423214
Haha no.
>>
>>62423235
It's kinda rad he has a slave as a table.
>>
>>62423253
>Abandoned the Sith way
I mean, I like Ulic as much as the next guy, but he wasn't exactly the most dedicated Sith in galactic history.
>>
>>62423258
That's not a slave. That's a fetishist. Being used as a table is the only way he can get a boner anymore.
>>
>>62423253
>>62423276
Also, Exar Kun was pretty much the one responsible for most of the Sith's successes during the Great Sith War.
>>
>>62423334
>>62423276
I'm not gonna lie I'm tired and though the pic was actually Exar Kun, but he still looks rad as hell.
>>
>>62423078
>deal with loss like an adult

Shame on him for being sad when he had to watch his mom, mangled and beaten and implicitly raped, die in his arms after the Jedi left her there as a slave. Shame on him.
>>
>>62422756
>>62422758
>>62422762
Sith manipulation never really got anywhere until Plagueis. It was a thousand year plan for a reason, like 90% of it was just hiding around and hoping you finally get someone who happens to be a Force Sensitive and also happens to have political/economic connections into your secret Sith order.

Everything else was the Republic being retarded. Its also mentioned in many materials that while this period had no galaxy-spanning war, it still had thousands of local conflicts that only the Empire ended. I mean both Legends and NuCanon have this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_Excision so the 'Thousand Year Peaceful Republic' meme is just a meme.
>>
@62423468
Most people don't go nuclear when they're sad.
>>
>>62423468
>after the Jedi left her there
*after Anakin left her there, by his own decision, made with his mother's blessing because shockingly nobody had the foresight to assume she'd be raped by derkistanis a decade later
>>
>>62423538
You ever read the Iliad? Or at least seen a summary of it?
>>
>>62423538
@62423468
Or subsequently rant about how their best friend is keeping them from becoming a god who will eliminate death.
>>
>>62423574
>little orphan annie is a little unstable after watching his own fucking mother die in his arms and then using his phenomenal cosmic power to commit an actual genocide
big surprise
>>
>>62423538
why are using the same language to describe a young man already in the grips of emotional turmoil with his place in the universe and his feelings going on a long-ass journey to find his biological mother near-dead and beaten at the end as you would somebody dropping an ice cream?
>>
>>62423481
To be fair, you're never going to have a 100% peaceful galaxy. That's a statistical impossibility given how large the place is and how many billions/trillions of people there are. Judging by how frequent galactic wars are the rest of the time, I figure that not having a galactic war for a thousand or more years is as close as you're going to get to a "peaceful" galaxy.
>>
File: fob0yhmhc6r11.jpg (71 KB, 798x583)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Nth for Grievous
>>
>>62423214
>>
>>62423664
Thr guy I was responding to called him sad first.
>>
>>62423481
>that only the Empire ended.
(citation needed)
>>
File: rebel shipyard.jpg (31 KB, 564x239)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
If I want to write up my own sector for a game I'm running, how should I go about it?
>>
>>62423830
Start with a basic skeleton of necessities. What is the main governmental seat of power like? Where in the galaxy is it? Who are the big movers and shakers in the sector? What are its main economic, cultural, and political centers like?
>>
>>62423830
find a random planet generator, a random number generator to tell how many planets, and maybe a city generator or two and extrapolate from there,
>>
>>62423664

Because those things have the same emotional weight, unless you're a retard. Control your emotions. If you have any, never let them show. Suck it the fuck up. That's literally what it means to be a man.
>>
>>62423957
this is bait, dont reply
>>
>>62423830
Design the five most important world's, figure out the relationships between those worlds, sketch a couple more minor worlds and connections, and a couple of important personalities
>>
>>62423957
I too enjoy that one song from hit disney musical film frozen
>>
>>62424084
d\o you want to build a deathstar?
>>
>>62423792
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sepan_Civil_War
>>
>>62423830
Figure out what is nearby, and how you get in and out, and figure out rudementary details like the other anons said. I also think you should answer how the clone wars impacted the place.
>>
>>62423481
Ironically the reason there was no galactic war was because the Republic had nothing to fight for it. Its military was nonexistent and most people could just do what they wanted. Also, yeah, tons of local conflict.
>>
>people still defending tusken raiders

Evil Anakin killing those literal raping marauding murderous savages who have only had like two in their entire history who weren't psychotically violent.
>>
>>62424359
Murdering an entire tribe of sentient beings is A Bad Thing.
Not unjustified, but still pretty much objectively a shitty call.
>>
File: 1537074306360.jpg (247 KB, 944x937)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>
@62424359
Please take your meds Lord Vader.
>>
>>62423792
What I've gleaned, at least from the new stuff, is that the parts of the galaxy they control are largely pacified. The Empire is one big ass police state using cutting edge military overkill. They largely maintain the peace and security of the Empire, this wasn't just a meme from Palpatine. There's still plenty pirates and smugglers, of course, but they're typically minor enough headaches. The problem is that you exchange regional conflicts and petty fights between worlds with is one big ass police state using cutting edge military overkill. If you draw attention to yourself you'll likely get a blaster bolt in the face. If they want your land they'll arrest you and burn down your home.

OUTSIDE of Imperial territory there is plenty of conflict still and even encouraged by the Empire because that gives them opportunity to claim those systems, typically in the name of securing them from their conflicts.

>>62424403
I think there is a degree of hostility in that situation the Jedi would tolerate. They know they're only human. There's that time in nu-canon where Vos goes to the Dark Side, joins Dooku, and all he gets is a slap on the wrist and Obi-Wan as his parole officer, which is frankly just punishing Obi-Wan. He DID suffer a dead waifu, though, so maybe Yoda took that into consideration.

If Anakin had sprung out of the tent, maybe put down some of the warriors who charged him, but otherwise used his powers to pacify and disband the tribe I think he'd have been given a pass. Stabbing women and children in the face not so much. Jedi even loathe harming non-sentient animals, trained murder beasts in Geonosian arenas notwithstanding.

A key difference, though, is they sent Vos into a situation where he could be tempted. Anakin followed a Force vision to a place he knew he shouldn't go for reasons he shouldn't go, at least according to the Jedi.
>>
>>62424403
>Murdering an entire tribe of sentient beings is A Bad Thing.

Just because they're sentient doesn't mean their existence is worthwhile. There's lots of groups and tribes that everyone would be better off if all of them were wiped out. Certainly the Tusken Raiders fall under that category, much like ______haha you thought I was going to give an IRL answer like "Americans" or "the Dutch"___
>>
>>62424544
>pacify and disband
That's asking too much from the Force at movie power levels from someone with only Jedi Knight-tier experience. Hell, even in novels and vidya, you don't often see Jedi simply telepathing people into docility. He could have spared noncombatants like the women, the surrendering, and children but at the very least, a whole lot of male Tuskens were going to take up arms anyway and get chopped as a result.
>>
>>62424821
Yeah. Going in swinging and killing everyone with or near a weapon would be about the outside limit, but he went screamin past it
>>62424658
You mean like people who piss on public toilet seats?
>>
>>62424658
Looks like someone needs to read a very special story ripped from the pages of Crazy Ben's dream diary!

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-2015/Issue-37#23
>>
>>62424544
Pretty much this. Annie killing tusken raiders is pretty justified.
Annie killing tusken infants and non-combatants, not so much. And it's that bit that steers it far further out of "poorly handled, but more than understandable" to "the fuck man"
>>
>>62424821
They're Tuskens. Wave your arms at them and shout, "WOOBA WOOBA WOOBA!" and they get the fuck out of there. Sure they'll be back and in greater numbers but only because Tuskens love showing off. "Hey man, you gotta see this freaky thing! I pissed my fucking robes!"

The funny thing is if he'd broken apart the tribe sure they'd eventually reform but possibly not all of them. They might even think that territory was cursed or some shit. When he wiped them out, all of them, he just pissed off the other tribes in the area and they came down harder on the moisture farmers out of vengeance.

Anakin didn't need his lightsaber, he needed to forge the sword of friendship so he could forgive the shit out of them.
>>
What wasn’t justified was coming back later and spending a whole day just slaughtering Tuskans as Darth Vader. He already killed the tribe, he didn’t need to do it for fun.
>>
>>62424962
>Pretty much this. Annie killing tusken raiders is pretty justified.
It's not like the Jedi wouldn't be upset at him if they'd learned about it because Anakin started the fight. But I think they would have understood. They'd want him to train harder and meditate on his failures. Probably. I mean he was a Padawan so maybe it could jeopardize his chances of making Knight? You know Mace would be pushing for that.
>>
>>62425015
If Sidious is going to send him back to goddamn Tatooine to talk with Hutts and get sand in his respirator he's damn well going to gut some Tuskens. That's just therapy for him. Plus they wound up creating a whole cult around the death god with the red sword.
>>
File: venom snake.jpg (394 KB, 1920x1080)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>62425015
He's already a demon. A few gorillion more Tuskens isn't going to nudge him that much farther down the morality slider.
>>
File: group-final.jpg (4.99 MB, 7594x3375)
4.99 MB
4.99 MB JPG
>Here's your party, bro
The two droids are the same character at two different points in time
>>
>>62425154
Looks reasonable
>>
>>62424962
The Tuskens were a blight that needed exterminated.
>>
>>62425154
does that gungan work for the techno union
would explain the outfit
>>
Would Sidious have helped Luke against Abeloth
>>
>>62425154
From Megas OOM to Bastion. Neat.
>>
>>62425282
Would have claimed to, then would probably try to steal her power or subdue her at the 11th hour only to get turned to space dust.
>>
>>62425154
That's some good art, anon. Commission or edits?
>>
>>62425370
Commission. The original file was 13500x6000, had to resize it multiple times to upload
>>
>>62425282
>>62425303
>Luke needs help against Abeloth
>recruits Sidious' remnant
>legendary battle ensues
>Sidious praises Luke's skill in the force, saying he's a better Jedi than Yoda, and stronger than Anakin ever could have been
>just as it looks like Abeloth is getting fatigued, Sidious tries to absorb her energy
>Abeloth is weakened, but she BTFOs Sidious' phantom
>Luke goes into Oneness and solos
This would've been better than Darth Krayt.
>>
>>62425392
Who by? Jesus that's huge.
>>
>>62425442
Will Nunes, guy does good work.
>>
>>62425458
How much did it cost? I'd love something like this of a single character if he doesn't bankrupt me
>>
>>62425458
I can see that.
>>62425523
I don't see prices listed, which in my experience means expensive.
>>
>>62425523
You should email the guy for the details but the listed price he gave me is $30-$50 for a single character depending on a few things. $260 for the lot, worth it to me.
>>
>>62425399
Ignoring the fact Abeloth is one of the worst scifi characters ever written in general, and probably the worst of Star Wars, I recall it was a plot point that she feared Sidious, so I imagine he'd have no trouble with her, though a clone/phantom Sidious (IE weaker) may be a different story.
>>
>>62425550
>blows that much on a commission
Be my sugar daddy?
congrats on making it to the point in life where you have enough cash to blow on things like this. I aspire to be you, but I'm not even taking any steps towards that.
>>
>>62425600
It's a special occasion because the game has been going for a long time, moving to a conclusion soon. Normally I am much more fiscally responsible.
>>
>>62425612
>Normally I am much more fiscally responsible
Yeah, right. You big baller.
How long has your campaign been running?
>>
>>62425654
Last December, looking to end it this December (accounting for delays)
>>
>>62425668
Not bad family. Hopefully I can get a group together I'll to do some F&D shenanigans.
>>
>>62425154
>>62425392
>>62425442
>>62425523
>>62425550
That's shockingly affordable.
>>62425235
Nice.
>>62425290
Bastion?
>>
File: Bastipn.png (470 KB, 932x703)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>62425837
off-white and green extremities made me think bastion
>>
This is a general question about Tuskens, did Jabba and other crime lords ever raid against them as the Tuskens pose a threat to their income (ie less protection kickbacks)
>>
File: RCO019.jpg (459 KB, 1041x1600)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>62426057
Yes, but mostly for sport rather than any tactical considerations. If the Tuskens become too bothersome of course they'd take that into hand. As the comic here seems to indicate >>62424930 and judging from the skiff they seem to be part of the general problem on Tatooine. They love shooting up bantha the Tuskens rely on, the Tuskens in turn have to raid the farms and maybe some of the settlements, who in turn seek retribution on the Tuskens. A tidy little cycle of violence. Of course Jabba's thugs are hardly the only source of such problems. Droughts are especially hard and make for desperate people on all sides. But they are the primary source feeding the cycle out of sheer dumb brutality. You think that would be the Tuskens job. They raid more for necessity and because they've grown to fear and hate anything that isn't their own.
>>
>>62426327
It should be noted that the page posted is from another comic. After the loss of the Death Star the Emperor sends Vader to Tatooine to negotiate with the Hutts for supplies to increase the Imperial fleets. Jabba's idea of celebrating afterward is having his men shoot the shit out of bantha herds, then swing by the sarlaac for some happy fun time pleading, groveling, and then screaming. They don't even claim the bantha to feed Jabba's fat ass, they leave the carcasses to the desert so the sand can strip the bones clean.
>>
>>62426327
>>62426057
In the EU Jabba would rile up the Tuskens to sell arms to the settlers who get raided, and also IIRC somehow sold through intermediaries to the tuskens themselves.
>>
>>62426327
NuCanon comics are a cringe gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>>62426720
To be fair that looks about right for a Jabba mook.
>>
>>62426057
>>62426622
NU makes it stupid (not surprising) but EU had it where Jabba both hated but relied on the Tuskens. He'd stir them up so they'd do raids and he'd then turn around and sell arms to settlers, sometimes trading with Tuskens themselves, but very rarely. On the other hand, they were bloodthirsty, and he was sniped at on his Barge several times.
>>
>>62426622
That feels stupid to me if only because Jabba would have no reason to care about increasing the weaponry on either side as what little he could make selling guns in turn makes it harder for his thugs to knock over farms later to keep hm supplied with water to moisten the dry skin of his massive ass.
>>
What are some interesting planets that haven’t been explored in the movies or in the more popular books.
>>
>>62426782
He sold the farmers really old shitty guns that were not suitable for the dust and grit so they'd break down a lot.
>>
>>62426803
Still silly. If their guns are shitty they'll just buy guns from settlements where any enterprising person, say a Watto, would be happy to either sell weapons or the means to improve what they have, for a price. Assuming of course that sheer necessity in the harsh and hostile sands of Tatooine didn't leave farmers learning how to maintain and upgrade the weapons themselves since they rely on them.
>>
>>62426846
They last the season where the Tuskens are getting feisty and by the time the extra ones break down the tuskens have calmed down so they only need the handful of reliable guns instead of the extra arsenals.

In the Ki-adi-mundi comic it was basically how the Hutts disposed of garbage inventory.
>>
>>62426846
>>62426803
It'd be easier for Jabba to just let the sand people increase in numbers until their population requires mass raiding THEN sell his thugs out as exterminators. They go in, wipe out the tuskens and oh boy would you look at who gets to keep all the swag the tuskens were stealing? Why I do believe it's Jabba the Hutt!

Far easier, gets him some good will, ensures that the farmers think they need Jabba and his good graces to survive, and has a much greater reward.
>>
>>62426846
Thats assuming Jabba doesnt crack down on them. Unless the Black Sun or another group backs an arms dealer, a small timer trying to under cut the hutts might end up in the sarlaacc pit
>>
>>62426913
He'd either get kickbacks from them or, you know, they'd sell that shit under the table instead of openly because most businesses on Tatooine are already shady as fuck.
>>
File: Hutt arms deals human pov.jpg (726 KB, 1024x1536)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
>>62426907
>>62426846
It's apparently hard to get even mediocre guns out to the rim, and I seem to be mistaken about them being totally shit.

I coulda sworn somewhere else in the comic they mention it was a way to squeeze one last bit of profit out of their oldest guns.

Also Jabba does assemble a skiff flotilla later in the comic.
>>
File: GOD LEFT ME UNFINISHED.png (754 KB, 800x557)
754 KB
754 KB PNG
Palpatine getting around to cloning the Zillo Beast then turning the clone into a Sithspawn when?
>>
>>62426907
>>62427103
>>62426846
>>62426782
Here's a bit more of it
>>
>>62427187
I'm actually disappointed that nothing came of that arc. We had a semi-sentient giant lizard monster rampaging around the capital, fully recognizing that Sheevy P was an evil asshole, and then he wanted to clone the fucker when it was killed.
>>
>>62427234
>>
>>62427256

>>62427235
Honestly? As cool as the godzilla tribute was, it was a forboding indication of the Ferngully Syndrome that plagued Rebels with overpowered organic critters.

Like those spiders who could tank shots from the Ghost, or the space whales treating ISD hulls like tissue paper.

Utter garbage.
>>
>>62427279
>not wanting space sea monsters to be able to fuck up spaceships
Where do you prefer your mom's cock, in your mouth or in your anus?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (239 KB, 700x1147)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>62427299
>Thrawn didn't call for the Empire's greatest hero in his hour of need
>>
>>62427279

>>62427299
Fucking treehugger bullshit, if I wanted Ferngully in Space I'd just watch James Cameron's Avatar. They could already teleport them, I wouldn't have even objected to ramming damage. But the relatively thin tentacles just ripping through armor plate was fucking retarded.
>>
>>62427342
I've told you people before, sentient but otherwise regular whales and space whales are two different things.
>>
>>62427354
>>62427279
>>62427256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQUIbJFeeKw
>>
>>62427342
Even with all his mental fortitude and sheer cunning even Thrawn cannot reach through the veil separating the canon from the non-canon.
>>
>>62427401
I know. Who thought Space Aladdin and the Wolves was a good idea
>>
>>62427279
Yeah. A lot of it's trash. The Zillo Beast was dumb and muh whales are as idiotic now as they were in Penis of Darth Vader.
>>
>>62427576
I don't really see the problem with the time travel. The Cosmic Force is beyond the normal bounds of Time and Space, where the past, present, and future all exist as one. Someone within the realm of the Cosmic Force could indeed interact beyond the normal boundaries. It's pointed out why you shouldn't do it, and how it could be abused, so they destroy at least that one path to reaching the place where you could meddle with time.

It just so happens that Dave Filoni used the moment as an excuse to save his precious orange wiafu, and I can respect that. But time travel being possible? There will always be aspects of the Force which, while you could fuck with them you just shouldn't. This is one of those. Unless you're saving the one you love from death. My acceptance of that is probably mostly the irony that it was done against Vader. The one thing Anakin wanted more than anything else yet he'll never have. Boom.
>>
>>62427279
>forboding
Filoni himself is a fan of kaiju movies, LOTR, and Miyazaki movies. I wonder here gets the nature against technology bit? Also it's just an extension of the Ewoks anyway.
>>
WHO THE FUCK LET KEK WENDIG WRITE A COMIC SERIES ABOUT VADER
>>
>>62427910
It helps, perhaps, that this was not the first time Ahsoka was spared from death, something that was considered impossible. For a time it depended on whether you believed Mortis was just a vision or not, in which case the death would not have been real. Now that they've solidified it as actual events we're left with Ahsoka being saved and both times by the same entity, one of the Force dwellers within Mortis. Beyond this Ahsoka's resurrection doesn't really play into the resolution of the show. She merely survives and returns to the point at which she would have died, then shows up again at the end for ambiguous space adventures with Sabine, potentially in the Lesbian Sector.

As for Dave it isn't like he needed time travel to save Ahsoka. We'd already seen Vader survived the same explosion and Ahsoka appeared in that same episode. I'll go one step further and suggest that Ahsoka never really died in that fight. What COULD have happened is the explosion spoiled the duel as previously suspected but rather the convor Morai guided Ezra to that gateway in order to temporarily pull Ahsoka out of her temporal sequence. The point was that it was Ahsoka who convinced Ezra both not to fuck with time and of the dangers of letting the Empire discover the place, and when they part Ahsoka merely steps back into sequence. Ezra pulls her through the mirror because he assumed she was going to die, but it could be argued at least that this was not certain. Vader swung at her but Ezra had already grabbed her so we don't know how, or if, she'd have reacted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLNHU9xBCM

>>62427967
He had to clink a LOT of glasses of blue milk to get that job. Show some damn respect.
>>
>>62427911
It's still hot garbage to treat the ISDs like that. And those spiders were bullshit.
>>
>>62427869
>Penis of Darth Vader
What penis? You mean the slightly raised area of his groin that his catheter goes into?
>>
File: quality.jpg (55 KB, 946x483)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>62426720
This one got me from last week

>>62426327
Big problem is Tuskens think all water belongs to them.
>>
>Go to my local comic shop
>Note that the half of the store dedicated to Warhammer figurine, Magic the Gathering, and board games gained another five square feet
>By the time Tai-Nahesi Coates disappoints me with his run on Captain America there won't be any comics left in this store
>Stare at the games shelf
>Wait.
>"30th Anniversery Edition of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game"
>Huh. Haven't had a Star Wars RPG since SAGA Edition.
>Buy some comics and get the box set
>Read it

Holy shit I have been missing out all this time. Add those Scale rules from later d6 games and this is pretty much perfect. Why haven't you people told me about this sooner?
>>
>>62428912
I couldn't tell until they spelled it out at the end that that character was meant to be female.
>>
>>62428988
They're ditching this shit artist soon anyway. Shattered Empire was beautiful
>>
>>62428985
They re-released the d6 system?
>>
>>62429091
They did. As far as I know it's only the core book, though.
>>62429035
Is it just me or do a lot of the faces look like they're traced or edited from photos?
>>
>>62429091
>>62429149
It's a box set with the 1st Edition Core Book and Sourcebook. It's supposed to be a collectors item or some bullshit, but I wanna use this thing. I saw another box set like this at Barnes and Noble, so I guess it's anywhere you can find collectable books.

>Is it just me or do a lot of the faces look like they're traced or edited from photos?

Buddy, I can count on one hand the number of Star Wars comics I've brought in the last decade that weren't heavily traced from pictures of Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford. At this point it's tradition.
>>
>>62428912
Jesus, that picture is bordering on racist caricature.
>>
File: 6357665767.jpg (138 KB, 964x1500)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
a bounty hunter gf challenger approaches
>>
>>62429630
Nah, already got one

Thags not best girl Zam tho
>>
File: Scimitar_cloaking_SoD4.png (1.08 MB, 1098x690)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Squad wants to get their hands on a Star Courier. Aside from getting someone high-up in Sienar to owe them a favor (or do them one in kind) and make another on that "limited production", what might be a good way to get their hands on one?
>>
>>62430489
A SHIP THAT SMALL WITH A CLOAKING DEVICE!? HAHAHAHAHA GOOD LUCK!
>>
>>62430489
Maybe they find an ace that flies it as their personal vehicle, but is looking to retire if they follow the lead. They have a personal quest that the party must fulfill, like killing an old rival or stealing information on a relation of his.

That or maybe it's in the prized collection of an art gala up for commission to be turned into a statue and they have to throw a heist to get the ship out.
>>
File: RCO017_1479914532.jpg (632 KB, 1041x1600)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
>>62427279
>it was a forboding indication of the Ferngully Syndrome that plagued Rebels with overpowered organic critters.
Lucas had a certain something for super powered creatures, some sentient and most not, some Force powered and some not. The creatures in the geonosis arena, the sarlacc, the asteroid worm, even to an extent the wampa (deleted scenes of dragging stormtroopers to its icy space cave thanks to Threepio trolling). In many ways animal friends became Prequel Obi-Wan's thing, much as it later became Ezra's (after some initial difficulties connecting with/opening himself up to other beings via the Force). Force empowered creatures are naturally far rarer but of course have happened. The weird magic fairy frog who helped Threepio and Artoo during TCWs, the Force fueled fish monster the Night Sisters used to power their magicks. Certain species that seem to produce an inordinate amount of Force users like the Bardottans (their limits in the Force to visions being either biological or philosophical, I don't think it was ever specified). Even entire worlds strong in the Force. Dagobah for one but far more crazy examples like the Force Planet Yoda met the Force Priestesses on. Then we have more abstract crazy shit like the Family on Mortis.

Most of these had much smaller parts to play in their stories than the Force wolves or the hyperspace whales. They still aren't wholly out of place within Star Wars, by far. I mean the bor gullet, rathtars, the rancor, gundarks. The space jellyfish in the 2016 Han Solo comic miniseries to the critters in his, ha, solo movie. Speaking of the Solo miniseries I'm reminded of that ancient stargate where an entire species who fled to extradimensional whateverspace emerged with their weird steampunk airships to kick the Empire's ass. Weird times.
>>
>>62426720
Holy shit it's a mike mearls cameo.
>>
>>62423235
>>62423258

its pants on head retarded its not even evil or anything
its just edging for the edge itself
2/10 would not use
>>
File: daddy's home!.jpg (98 KB, 1719x959)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>62423258
Mind you being used as a table is probably one of the least demeaning things he's had to endure.
Most Zab's seem to die from fighting each other, witch snu-snu + fighting snu-snu, stabbed by space wizards and being apprenticed to galactic level dickbags that use them as canon fodder, just sort of saying, personal dignity probably falls somewhere way under self preservation and occupational health and safety on the list of "things to do today" as a Zabrak.
>>
>>62431410
>>62430998
Look, it's not evil, okay? He has a bad back and his doctor recommended this as therapy. You act like Sith are bad guys or something. Jerks.
>>
File: Zabrak Squat.jpg (43 KB, 480x360)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>62431428
At some point I need to make up "Ivan the Zabrak" NPC that basically exists in the game to suffer in the most horrific ways imaginable. But somehow survives another day on nothing more than a piece of dry toast, athletics attire and a technically terminal level of blood-alcohol saturation.
>>
File: Poor babby.gif (148 KB, 499x485)
148 KB
148 KB GIF
>tfw no boards to talk about Empire at War mods with
I just want to discuss the Thrawn's Revenge mod or my Empire campaign in Awakening of the Rebellion
They told me I didn't need any of the other boards, lads
>>
Can anyone reccommend me UK based Custom Card Printing?

Britbong here needs to print off his Custom Xwing Cards
>>
File: RCO016_w.jpg (389 KB, 1007x1600)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>>62431590
Poor Koth, he died as he lived. A massive fucking joke.
>>
>>62431906
Are there ANY other high-profile Jedi that lived as long as Obi-Wan and yoda?
>>
>>62431937
Shaak Ti in Legends. She survived until 2BBY before Star Killer got to her.
>>
File: RCO003.jpg (372 KB, 1041x1600)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>62431937
Probably not, though it's hard to say. This is still early in Vader's career but after the death of Koth they decide the rest of the Jedi are too well hidden and decide to wait for any signs of them. I think most of the Council including ex-members as the roster changed between Prequel movies have been accounted for but can't be certain. Vos is still unaccounted for, I think, as is Barriss though maybe she doesn't count since she was arrested and kicked out of the Jedi before Order 66. Definitely not a member of the Inquisitors we've seen so probably executed.

After Koth the Inquisitors are retasked to Project Harvester, namely collecting Force Sensitive babies. Koth's kid wound up one of the "lucky" brats, so there's another horn head suffering.

>>62431962
I think she's been confirmed Vader'd in the new material based on one of her deaths scripted for ROTS. She's appeared in a couple holocrons so she at least survived long enough to warn about Order 66. Not quite the death of being stabbed while meditating and unaware of the danger.
>>
>>62432022
Alva just wanted to make Vader happy.
Damn autistic mask ghosts.
>>
File: RCO016_w-1.jpg (456 KB, 1008x1600)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>62432048
Wrong image anyway but speaking of masks...
>>
File: RCO019_w.jpg (363 KB, 1007x1600)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>62432048
At least he's dead now. Lando finally killed him along with a Sithload of other dark artifacts.

I wonder what he is. Force imprint? They've dabbled with those kinds of non-Force Ghost ghosts before. Maybe something closer to Immortal Rur, some kind of program built into the mask that saw whatever Momin did and basically "learned" to be him? The mind control aspect seems Force related but could be technologically duplicated.

Still what kind of Sith is so heretical even other Sith refuse to speak of him?
>>
>>62432022
True about Shaak Ti. I attempted to recall any surviving Council members in either timeline that lasted as long as Yoda and Obi-Wan.
Was Luminara killed outright during Order 66 or was she captured and later executed like Rebels implied?
>>
>>62432546
I believe she was shown getting shot down in the main Order 66 scene in Episode 3
>>
>>62432569
No not Luminara

Luminara was on Kashyyyk with Yoda
>>
>>62432022
I realize most Jedi hid, since that was the only option especially with the biggest army in the galaxy now hunting them down as well as their strongest member. But I do wonder, were there any Jedi that started an armed resistance on a loyal world? Any that sought and fought Vader in a futile attempt to stop him?
>>
>>62432896
That's basically just Kanan/Ahsoka, isn't it?
>>
>>62432896
Kota.
>>
>>62432896
Yes. They mostly died.
>>
>>62432896
There was one Jedi who threw his lot in with an army of Seppies following Order 66 from the old Dark Horse comics. Others mentioned Kota who disappeared in a space woods before he started his private war with the Empire. Most jedi became hermits and lived in isolation. Although, I'm not sure where Krukh hid. That guy survived fucking everything.
>>
>>62432896
Rahm Kota tried to start his own party but his militia got wrecked. Echuu Shen Jon joined the Rebellion outright after being found by Leia and died dueling Vader.
>>
>>62432914
No? Kanan became a scruffy nerf herder until circumstances paired him up with Hera. Even then he didn't take up his lightsaber again until much later, possibly when he finally used it in the first few episodes of Rebels.

In the new Vader comics there's a Jedi with his own followers who is more or less raising ruckus on Dac with the Mon Cala. It doesn't end well for him, his followers, the Mon Cala, King Lee Char - but at least he was correct that eventually the Mon Cala would be instrumental in defeating the Empire. I think one of his people survived, some chick. Were they setting her up for something or do I just misremember it?
>>
>>62433211
It's funny how even after joining with Phoenix Squadron Kanan didn't want anything to do with a larger rebellion. He just liked going from place to place helping whoever they could and pissing in the Empire's cornflakes on small scales. Never join a cause, it'll just get you killed.

>>62428061
Watching that vid I don't know about Ahosoka potentially surviving without Ezra's interference (I guess she could have still dodged or blocked that downward stroke of his) but it's interesting that her taking the floor out from under him may have been what saved his life assuming the distance and stone walls helped protect him from the temple's explosion. Bit ironic if true.
>>
>>62433408
To be fair, if one of my first impressions of the Rebel Alliance was Phoenix Squadron, I wouldn't have much faith in a larger rebellion, either.
>>
aww ye
>>
>>62433441
It's pre-Alliance by a couple of seasons, plus their worst defeat early on was getting Vader'd. I'm still kind of pissed how fast that Pelta-Class was destroyed. The eventual Imperial light carrier was a fairly decent replacement but it didn't last either. Apparently the Rebellion stole another one later on since it showed up in the comics.
>>
Just a heads up, since I've been following this on Amazon for a while. A few months ago it went from $100 down to $60, and now it's down to $50. I've really wanted a legit looking Sith Holocron to set down in the middle of my table when my group plays F&D, because I'm pretty autistic, so I figure $50 isn't too bad to make that happen. Just a heads up to the cool people ITT. I know the book isn't canon, but the Holocron seems cool as fuck.

It's a shame the Jedi Path isn't a Jedi Holocron, I would've bought that one too.
>>
>>62433871
Is it just the book and Holocron?

Also IMO that holocron looks made out of cardboard
>>
>>62433934
Not really. Worst case scenario it "looks too much like plastic" but I doubt I'll be disappointed. I've wanted this for years.
https://youtu.be/Bq0DCSJ2hIA
>>
>>62423957
This, I am sick of unmanned, mewling bugmen
>>
>>62434033
Well its not an EXACT Replica, but it does the job

I say you should go for it, would look nice on a desk
>>
>>62433554
Those frigates are probably all over the place and are an ideal fit for Rebel doctrine. The idea that only one was ever stolen is silly.
>>
>>62423957
I always thought the Jedi stoicism and repression directly led to Anakin's incredible levels of tard rage: without learning how to identify or positively express his emotions in any way during his childhood, Anakin immediately turned to violence, a toddler rampage in the body of a grown man with superpowers.
>>
"No!"
>>
File: 20 questions.jpg (48 KB, 752x564)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>62434104
I'm still a little angry that 20 Questions got a holocron but the Jedi book didn't.
>>
>>62434161
Pretty much.
But these people don't understand that proper compartmentalizing exists, it's either JRPG Protagonist or soi boi all the way down.
>>
>Amazon Rental
>due back in Dec.
I-Is there a class where I can learn to be a bounty Hunter?
>>
File: acktually.png (21 KB, 700x700)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>62434161
The problem was not the Jedi way, the problem was Anakin joining them too late. The Jedi way doesn't work as well if you've already formed attachments.
Yoda and Caspere knew this.
>>
>>62434481
Counterpoint: the pre-Ruusan Jedi.
>>
>>62434534
>>62434481
As in, Anakin's problem was that he couldn't be selfless with his love. He could only manage clingy and needy and possessive.
>>
>be Jedi Padawan
>you and your master get attacked by Sith Lord
>you're both effortlessly defeated
>Lord threatens to kill your master unless you join him
>he gets off on making Jedi Padawans turn to the dark side of their own free will
Do you go with him?
>>
>>62434565
I am a Jedi, like my master's master before him.
>>
>>62434565

Is he cute? Maybe I can change him.
>>
>>62434600
>Is he cute
I mean, I guess if you're gay, yeah.
>Maybe I can change him.
>Implying he won't drill Sith teachings into you day and night
You wouldn't even recognize yourself

>>62434586
Good luck keeping that resolve.
>>
File: file.png (672 KB, 1022x645)
672 KB
672 KB PNG
So my cousins and my nephew were apparently told that I was a bigger Star Wars nerd then them. And that I should totally run a game for them.

I don't have any problem with it really, but the kids are in their words, fanatical "prequel-memers" . How can I present a fun one-shot and allow them to meme without ruining the actual game?
>>
>>62434565
The way of the Jedi is death
Fuck you, let's go
>>
>>62434565
Okay, First, the Jedi master is going to end up dead anyways, that's how Sith Lords work.
Second, if my Master got beaten so effortlessly, then I definitely need a better master.
Sure, I'll go with the Sith Lord until he's defeated by someone better, be it Jedi or Sith. If I'm going to have a master, he's going to be the best.
>>
>>62434804
Set it in Tales of the Jedi times, with as many call forwards to the prequels as you wish.
>>
>>62434804
>"prequel-memers"
da fuck does this mean?
>>
File: Clone Wars Saved.jpg (574 KB, 970x545)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
God i'm so fucking hype.
This might be the last SW content in my lifetime that i'll truly love. It feels like the last gasp of the "real" Star Wars.
I like some of the new canon, but it's just so clearly made by a bunch of boomers who have strong and shitty opinions on the PT that makes their work shit.

Sidenote, it looks like they changed the Anakin model to look slightly more like Hayden. The jaw looks less greek god tier.
>>
>>62434804

Tell them that you're going to run an exciting Star Wars war story with their Jedi characters leading victorious armies into battle and then having to fight off Dark Jedi who've come to kill them via Order 66. Play up the fact that they will be needed as heroes for the Resistance against the Empire.

Then, mid-"victorious battle", have Order 66 happen THEN, and kill off all of their characters, ideally with sudden shots to the back and with no chance to react at all, no later than an hour into the game.

Congrats. ___You can now call yourself a great Star Wars storyteller because you have subverted their expectations__
>>
>>62434927
12-16yr olds who browse prequelmemes and do shit like "hello there", "General Kenobi!" All the time in Public
>>
>>62435010
Rian please go
>>
>>62434565
>have a weak spot for corruption
>we're entering my magical realm
I go with him, all the while making an OOC fuss about what a dick move it is by the GM to keep things kosher.
>>
>>62435261
I don't suppose there's a full version of that pic, for...science?
What if the GM has second thoughts and decides the Sith should let you go though?
>>
Ok, so
I'm a beginner GM (I've lead a single short campain so far in a weird japanese rpg system I won't dwell on) and I want to lead a Star Wars game. I already have the support of my usual GM (he wants to play too) and my playgroup and have a ton of ideas for the campain (4 BBY on the outer rims, 6-movie canon with things from legends I like) and want to start setting it up...

But I don't know which system to use. While d20 is the dice we're most used to, thanks to my research I already wrote out the WOTC products as they're supposedly subpar. I am torn between the FFS edge of the empire and the d6 system. The FFG system is pretty nice from what I hear but the dedicated dice and artificial splitting of the rulebook to sell it thrice just put me and my friends off greatly. The Dice especially make my playgroup want to write off this one as well. On the other hand I've heard good stuff about the d6 system, but it is ancient and simple, and I fear it to be simplistic.

RN I am skewing towards the d6 system, but it changes back and forth from day to day as I think about them both. Just wanted to ask the people here for their opinions on the two.
>>
File: ARC_Troopers_group.png (1.1 MB, 856x586)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>62434804
Arc Troopers going on a mission behind enemy lines.
>>
File: the boys.png (1.69 MB, 1068x794)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
>>62435448
If you and your players are already leaning towards towards D6, then go for it.
>>
>>62435261
>>62435378
I concur, I'd like a full image for research as we, and to locate the artist
>>
>>62423704
Piss off, fanboy trash.
>>
>>62435836
if you only knew the power of the dork side.
>>
>>62435448
D6 is pretty nice, FFG's dice probably isn't great for a rookie gm.
Just keep in mind wild dice is fucking bananas with D6 and a blind slingshot can and will turn into something that absolutely disintegrates an enemy/npc/party member if the firee rolls enough sixes or the defending side enough ones/shit.
RIP Medibot.
>>
>>62433871
These books (counting the Imperial, Jedi, and Rebel ones as well) were kind of a let down. They have some neat information in them, but the random scribblings by other characters just seemed really silly. Plus, the mood of the Sith and Imperial books in particular is really killed by all the hero characters basically writing things like, "lol they're such dumb losers," everywhere.
>>
>>62436002
Well yeah, Imperials are a bunch of losers. I don't know why there's so much love for them when they're the bad guys, and no amount of mental gymnastics will change that.

As for the book of the Sith, Luke's notes were just his observations on their philosophy. It's not like he said "lol palpy sukz" in the inside.
>>
>>62436002
The Jedi one was really bad on that front and seemed to be more intentionally aping that one harry potter supplement than anything.
I didn't find fhe Sith one too bad given a lot of it's eifher Sheev's musings, a lore drop, or Luke doing some year checking afair
The Imp one was definitely hindered by every single positive thing needing a THIS IS PROPAGANDA/LUL THEY SUCK ACTUALLY footnote, and I say this as a Johnny Rebfag
>>
File: 1539276253716.jpg (1.84 MB, 1987x3056)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
Looks a bit like Jabiim
>>
>a few degrees
HOW MANY degrees is a few degrees?! I need this for my autistic math!!!
>>
File: IMG_20181011_004719.png (1.47 MB, 1200x1166)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
Lucas was always right.
>>
>>62436305
I didn't really doubt it was possible exactly, though the fact that she gave up the will to live just at the time of having her children seemed a little counter-intuitive.
>>
>>62436305
Darth Georgie the Wise always finds a way to vindicate himself.
>>
>>62436341
Shows just how self centered she was.
>>
>>62436305
Read the article. Happens over a period of days and in the final stage the person is totally apathetic, won't move or talk, even if they shit themselves. The actual mechanism of death is probably something stupid like dehydration that the article doesn't bother mentioning.
In any case, Padme cared enough to name her kids so this isn't what happened to her.
>>
>>62436387
>>62436365
Her death was a godsend. If she had survived, we would have had to deal with that scene where C3PO is desperately trying to prevent a fat and depressed Padme from drowning her children in the bathtub while R2 calls the cops.
You know she's the type to do it.
>>
>>62436365

Like all women
>>
>>62436305
Don't forget that Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is a legitimate thing.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy

>This weakening may be triggered by emotional stress, such as the death of a loved one, a break-up, rejection from a partner or constant anxiety. This leads to one of the common names, broken heart syndrome.[4] Stress cardiomyopathy is now a well-recognized cause of acute heart failure, lethal ventricular arrhythmias, and ventricular rupture.[5]

Granted, this is an explicit weakening of the heart, when the droids say that there's nothing physically wrong with Padme.
>>
>>62436053
Because when you get a book called "The imperial Handbook" you kind of expect it to be Imperial stuff told from their perspective. The Rebel scribbles in the margins kind of ruin the immersion and make the content more about the Rebels than the Empire.
>>
>>62436501
>when the droids say that there's nothing physically wrong with Padme.
tfw the droid was an ex-CIS medical droid and knew Padme was Anakin's wife and let her die as revenge.
>>
File: swz19_a1_awing_spread.png (588 KB, 700x508)
588 KB
588 KB PNG
So, Ferrosphere Paint is described as "sensor scattering", and in this quickbuild it's on a defensive pilot - are we getting a generic version of the 1.0 Black One title? Possibly with charges?
>>
>>62436548
Like that one Senate droid.
>I AM AN AGENT OF COUNT DOOKU
>>
>>62436548
Or maybe that droid was just HK-47 incognito, just ridding the galaxy of yet another meat bag.
>>
File: creepio.gif (26 KB, 520x665)
26 KB
26 KB GIF
>>62436722
Or the droid was a singularity worshipper who needed Padme to himself so he could be upgrade her into a perfect fusion of (wo)man and machine with the magic runes he found.
>>
>>62436625

Probably something like that. Probably Resistance Only.
>>
File: 76794790.jpg (14 KB, 246x205)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>62436625
>Generic version of the Black One title

oh no
>>
Does the Fang Fighter Models Wings Rotate?

One of mine is slightly tilted but I dont wanna break it, It seems quite stiff
>>
File: RCO030.jpg (741 KB, 1024x1575)
741 KB
741 KB JPG
>>62436186
Makes me wonder, what battles was the worst during the Clone Wars
>>
>>62437049
Yeah.

They're super stiff new.
>>
>>62437125
JABIIM FOR JABIIMI!
>>
>>62437125
Even by Republic comic standards, Jabiim was pretty bad. The Jedi losses there were pretty big.
>>
>>62435378
>>62435785
Artist is Razalor.
>>
>>62437162
*sells out Jabiim and the Jabiimi poorfags to the Empire*
>>
File: SWREP55-FC.jpg (3.96 MB, 1646x2500)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB JPG
>>62437186
>>62437162
>>62437125
I think Jabiim was the first battle the republic outright lost during the Clone Wars, and badly at that. I kind of see that and Geonosis as being what trimmed off a lot of the 'old-school' Jedi masters, the ones who'd come of age pre-TPM.

There's also Felucia, which by all accounts was such a quagmire that the Republic fought over it for pretty much the entire war without making much of a headway.
>>
>>62437338
Why did they even kling on to Felucia anyways?
>>
>>62437338
Except all the pre-TPM masters who kept trucking to the end of the war. The vast majority of masters.
>>
>>62437370
The Commerce Guild made it their HQ (god knows why) and it was close to a couple of important hyperlanes that made it a valuable strategic target.
>>
>>62437370
its an important location for a hyperspace route? either that or bacta i cant remember.
>>
File: Darth Malak.jpg (1.53 MB, 1700x1700)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>62423214
Not even close. The movie Sith are even better, but it would be cheating.
>>
>>62437276
Cheers.
>>
>>62437459
>Malak
>The very definition of Stupid Evil
>So inferior he couldn't even usurp his master in a straight fight
>He's also a coward
>The empire Revan built starts falling apart the second Malak takes over because he lacks the charisma of his successor
>>
>>62437529
>So inferior he couldn't even usurp his master in a straight fight
>He's also a coward
That makes him smart.
>>
>>62434161

+1

Vader was a perfect storm made from Anakin's emotional minefield, the rigid Jedi system that couldn't handle it, and Sidious's exploitation of every weak point.

If any of those hadn't been there, Anakin would have had a chance.
>>
>>62434381

Haha! I grabbed one of those when Toys-R-Us was liquidating.
>>
>>62437550
>Smart
>Usurps a superior ruler for literally no raisin
>The empire falls into Stupid Evil infighting because everyone realized if Malak can do it and get away with it, so can they
>Everyone in the Sith Empire then starts becoming more focused on killing their rivals and masters than actually fighting the Republic
>>
>>62437186
Weren't the majority of the losses Padawan or recently appointed Knight ?
>>
>>62437600
Same. I worked there so my manager just told me to take it. In my defense, we had 200/300 of them.
>>
>>62436341
>>62436353
>>62436365
I thought Padmé died because Anakin, or Sidious, used Plageuis' knowledge to sustain Anakin's life. It was part of that ironic Dark Side power, where in Anakin's quest to save her life, he inadvertedly used it to save himself.

The droids wouldn't know the difference btween 'giving up the will to live' and space wizards using her magical life juice.
>>
>>62437653
They were.
>>62437706
Most people wouldn't. Wouldn't know what to look for.
>>
>>62437670
I take it the SW Toys just shelfwarmed even after closing down sales?
>>
File: rebel transport.jpg (540 KB, 1200x1200)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
What are some lesser-known parts of the galaxy that would make good campaign settings?
>>
>>62435448

You can skip buying dice for FFG if you run an app. FFG sells one, but I much prefer the free "RPG Dice Roller"; every Android device I own has it, so they can lay around on the table (see picture).

If you do FFG, I suggest starting with one of the starter adventures, because I guess they are written to walk you through the system's mechanics, including how awesomely entertaining and player-empowering the weird dice system can be.

The "buying three game systems" thing only applies if you choose to play three games at once. Each of the three is intended to run independently, it's just that most groups have people who want to pull stuff from the whole setting. Even if you do that, you can pull some simple stuff from the other product lines without needing a duplicate core book.

Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion both have minimal Force rules for characters like OT-period Luke... if you have a PC progress beyond that, you can find more Force powers from Force and Destiny without buying the product line.

EoE and AoR both cover the bases well for character types, though I think EoE is a little better fit for what most veteran gamers think of as "Adventurer PCs".
>>
>>62437817
Wild Space. The Unknown Regions might be the "Here Be Dragons" of the setting, and they like to play up the Outer Rim as being the Wild West, but it's really Wild Space, out past the Outer Rim, at the edge of the galaxy, that's truly lawless.
>>
>>62437817
As far as those with lore to work off of, the Tapani Sector is pretty interesting, though maybe a little too far into the "space feudalism" area for some people. I'm also a fan of the Tion Hegemony and the Tion Cluster in general, but the information is a tad sparse; there's enough to connect some dots, though.
>>
>>62437623
Malak isn't the best Sith because he's the most competent, but because he's the better character. At least for me.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (13 KB, 180x372)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Remember the true heroes of the Vong War. Without Xim War-Robots, B2s, and YVN-1s the Galaxy would be over run by extra galactic BSDM enthusiasts.
>>
>>62432061
What comic is this?
>>
>>62427234
What series is this?
>>
>>62438099
I want to see an ancient, old as all fuck Rex fighting Cody on top of an AT-AT leading a crack squad of B2s and maybe one or two other ancient clones on a top-secret spec ops raid on the Vong
>>
>>62438234
The currently running Darth Vader comic.
>>
>>62435448
D6 is everything you'd want. The two things that are a little dated about it are how character creation is a little rough (it pretty much assumes that you're going to use a premade template and makes it rather hard to make a character completely from scratch) and Force-users can quickly overpower everything if they're smart enough to take the Control powers that enhance their ability to do other things. I greatly prefer it to the FFG systems with their truly awful dice and their pseudo-narrative system where almost everything is a mixed success or a mixed failure, even when that makes no sense.

>>62437834
Word of advice, though: if you do choose the FFG system, don't do the thing every single GM does and smash all three games together into one just because you can. First off, if you do that you can easily take the best talents more times than you were supposed to by multiclassing between games and create a broken character. Second, the narrative systems and intended shapes and tones of the different games' campaigns are totally different. Even if you do decide to allow material for more than one game, pick a "primary" game and use the Obligation/Duty/Morality system from that game only.
>>
File: just mango things.jpg (432 KB, 760x596)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>62434942
Filoni is directing the pilot of the live action Mango show, maybe not all is lost.

And Pre Vizsla is the show runner.
>>
>>62437794
Not that guy but I’ve seen numerous stores where the merchandise practically rots on the shelf. To think that Star Wars, of all franchises, would end up like this.
>>
>>62438265
Okay seriously, we need a DrawFriend to draw old Rex fist fighting old Cody on an top of an AT-TE
>>
File: unstoppable.jpg (28 KB, 576x469)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>62438099
Imagine some poor Vong warrior training his whole life to conquer the galaxy only to get shot up by the Big Bad Beetleborgs.
>>
File: 1530653934657303474933.jpg (235 KB, 760x686)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
Okay /swg/, lets hear your CHHHUUUURRAAZZYYY Character Ideas

Generic Imperial Tank Commander gets possessed by a Nightsister Ghost, Hardly takes off her helmet, when she does, she's always wearing Sunglasses Underneath. No one in her Regiment knows how she suddenly developed Kung Fu moves when on Dathomir Garrison Deployment
>>
>>62437004
With 3 charges it's probably fine?

Basically every single aspect of 1.0 Poe has been nerfed (except the T-70 frame got some buffs, but that's probably to make non-Poe pilots viable)
>>
>>62438461

That's what Disney gets for pandering to SJWs instead of the actual audience of Star Wars.

Making a film for 5% of the population isn't enough to drive toy sales.
>>
>>62438636
Not even that anon

The action figures etc are just....bland

Half of them are dressed in a shade of brown, the others only have about 2 colours maximum, with nothing "unique" about them
>>
>>62438636
I would think the children those toys are aimed towards wouldn’t give a shit either way about the “pandering to SJWs”. And any parent that wouldn’t buy a kid a toy because they themselves don’t like a movie is just a dick.

I think the main problem is that the quality of Hasbro’s stuff has plummeted for the most part since the days of RotS merchandise.
>>
>>62438715
The kids would care, because the movies intentionally subvert satisfying narrative.
>>
>>62438461
The Lego star,wars still sells well, so it's not purely the brand
>>
>>62438795
I think you give far too much credit to the target audience for those toys. I just don’t think kids these days give as much of a shit about action figures as they used to.
>>
>>62437670

The little RC BB-8 was temping, too.
>>
>>62436625
Oh man, heroic is perfect for my dice.
>>
>>62438818
Well that is another problem. Probably more important, even. But what I do remember is being 10 when TPM came out, watching it, and saying "that was boring and stupid", and not wanting any toys or games other merchandise about the new star wars movies. Except episode 1 pod racer, because I tried it at a friend's house and it was amazing.
>>
>>62438921
I remember wanting the toys cuz they were good quality at the time and I liked all things Star Wars. Regardless, we’re facing the iGeneration where kids probably care more about games than they do action figures and play sets
>>
File: heroic 3 dice no mods.png (46 KB, 1732x488)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>62438911
it's pretty mediocre, mathematically speaking
>>
>>62438311

The template character creation is one of the things I hated about D6. I'll admit that FFG hasn't moved 100% away from that (not until Genesys, at least), but it's better, especially with "multiclassing" as you advance.

Absolutely agree about the dangers of stacking ranked talents between two product lines. Also have to agree about choosing Obligation or Duty or Morality. One of these days I'll put some more work into "The Force as Obligation"...

I think one of the strengths of FFG is that you can actually let characters play with the Force without them being completely broken; the system is built to allow them to be powerful, but only by spending boatloads of XP... which can make a non-Force character really tough, too.

I think the narrative dice of FFG is it's strongest point. If you hate that part, avoid FFG like the plague; if not, play with it enough to get fluent then have fun.

Both systems are built on the assumption that people just DO things without having to be formally trained in every task, which is much more heroic than a D20 system. You should be able to have a fun game with either; we all just have our preferences.
>>
>>62432061
The character designs in the comics are so god damn awful.
>>
>>62438527
>I sense a great autistic screeching in the force, as a billion invaders cried out in rage at metal people turning up and insulting them personally to a great degree of discomfort.
>Luke and Kyle hear a cacophony of wrist rockets , old timey phasers, and Lando's synthesized voice dishing out sick bants
>the vong run back to their own galaxy, are pursued by more fucking droids
>vong galaxy becomes a re-enactment of Terminator 1 and 2's future universe
>star wars is just terminators vs xenomorphs forever
>>
>>62439035
Luckily FFG's narrative gameplay elements are quite a bit weaker than many implementations of the concept
>>
>>62438957
Don't know where this meme originated from. I volunteer at the Salvation Army and kids seem pretty interested in the toy section.
>>
>>62439261
Those are poor kids, though. Lower-middle class kids and up almost universally have a game console, PC, or tablet to play games on.
>>
>>62439339

Those are all shit parents, then. Kids shouldn't have access to a screen like that till they're 12.
>>
>>62439211
>Luckily FFG's narrative gameplay elements are quite a bit weaker than many implementations of the concept

I couldn't say; I migrated directly from DND3.5/Pathfinder.

I like that the narrative dice both engage the players, and take some of the burden off of the GM. Both make it easier to get a quality game session, when we can squeeze one in between careers, spouses and kids.
>>
>>62439387
I agree, but that doesn't change the facts of the matter, which is that many children grow up with screens in front of them these days.
>>
File: AvPvtT.jpg (32 KB, 251x395)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>62439201
>Trandoshan hunting party accidentally winds up in the Vong galaxy after a hyperdrive malfunction
>Trandos decide they may as well have some fun now that they're stuck here
>>
>>62436218
Extrapolate from the image, context clues, and reasonable questions such as "How much are the cheap-ass ancaps realistically going to pay/engineer to give their cheap-ass swarm fighters a swiveling gun?"
>>
>>62439445

Our elementary school *requires* internet and tablet access for students starting in 1st grade, and we're in an inner-city, poverty-stricken school district. Tablets are mandatory for both in-school work and homework.

Parents literally don't get a choice whether or not to put screens in front of their kids. Not anymore.
>>
>>62439410
>and take some of the burden off of the GM
It does the opposite, though. It increases the GM's burden by forcing him to come up with narrative justifications for unexpected die results on checks. Sometimes this is easy, yeah, but it can often be difficult.
>>
>>62439035
>template character creation
Those are literally just presets and it's incredibly easy to make your own, FFG is arguably more restrictive than D6 in that regard.
>>
>>62439387
Little shits don’t learn to use a fucking chalkboard anymore.
>>
>>62439035
Templates are just a starting point so you can get going quickly, and a source for inspiration. That’s hardly one of d6’s faults.
>>
File: swdroids.png (407 KB, 950x534)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
FFG players, feedback? Written as an attachment rather than a cybernetic because I see cybernetics as attachments for characters.

REMEDIAL COGNIPROCESSOR

Designed to bring the cognitive faculties of the simplest droids closer to that of typical organics and extend their utility, this processor module can provide considerable benefit to droids of even average intellect when carefully integrated into the network comprising their “droid brain” by a skilled tech. Base Modifiers: +1 Intellect (max 2) Modification Options: follow all usual rules of modding costs and increasing Difficulties. Special Mod 1: If the host droid is a Minion, it becomes a Rival while the attachment is installed. If it possessed any Group Skills as a minion, it now has 1 rank in each of those skills. Special Mod 2: Gain a second rank in the Group Skills gained through Special Mod 1. Special Mod 3: If the host droid possessed no Group Skills, choose one General or Knowledge skill; the droid gains 2 ranks in that skill. (should Combat skill be an option?) Hard Points Required (How many cybernetic implants this counts as): 1 Price: low end 500Cr, high end 1500Cr (based on the costs of the kinds of droids these would be used on, and the change in utility gained).

I wrote this up to address to poor utility of minion droids. The potential abuse would be when it's applied to combat, when groups of cheap rivals would get dramatically more attacks each round than they did as minions.

This is envisioned as something that Tech characters would homebrew, rather than something that's available on the open market, and was driven by the lack of useful low end droids in the crafting rules.

I would like to write the base affect as: "When installed in a droid with an Intellect of 1, raises Intellect to 2", but you have silliness like Pit Droids being written as Intellect 1 (dumber than an automated holocamera), despite multiple TCW instances of them being smart enough to converse...
>>
>>62432251
Darth Moomin: DRINK THE FUCKING KOSKENKORVA YOU SWEDE SHEEPFUCKER OR I FUCKING SLIT YOUR THROAT! GET IN THE FUCKING SAUNA!
>>
File: Senator Binks.png (674 KB, 484x744)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
>>62436434
>You know she's the type to do it.

Otherwise she'd probably foist the kids onto the parents and goes out for a packet of deathsticks one day and never comes back
Just sitting in a gungan trailer park texting Anakin over the holonet calling him a deadbeat, getting wildly liquored up and plaguing the rest of the galaxy with inane forcebook posts about nexu cats.
>>
>>62439683
>Moomin
I was expecting a green milk reference but okeydokey.
>>
>>62439687

I wonder if I can upgrade that for 2.0...

Or if I should.
>>
File: Homecoming_Rebels_20.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>62434119
Imperial Light Carriers aren't commercial vehicles, of course it was stolen. That's how they got the first one in Rebels after all.
>>
>>62439572
>It does the opposite, though. It increases the GM's burden by forcing him to come up with narrative justifications for unexpected die results on checks. Sometimes this is easy, yeah, but it can often be difficult.

You can rely on the unexpected dice outcomes to add depth to the action and events happening in-session, and not have to do as much prep work to create that level of detail (some of which will usually be wasted unless you railroad players through everything you've prepared). Also, players should be helping interpret those results, even brainstorming suggestions for results that are "GM's choice", like THREAT and DESPAIR on player rolls.

It uses different mental muscles which take developing, and may not be a good match for a given group, but it's essentially a shift from a GM bearing the burden of creating every detail of the world, to a collaboration with the players.

I won't say it's better, but my group prefers it.
>>
File: Hero of the Empire.jpg (57 KB, 600x800)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>62439683
Meanwhile on Freisia, Darth Benis is hopped up on pervitin stabbing trees with a laser puuko thinking they're jedi

>>62439725
It is the ultimate troll card, everyone loves Jar Jar and the more Jar Jar in x-wing the better!
>>
>>62438234
It's been shared a bit the last couple of threads.
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader-2017
Not really sure about the interest in it. Coincidence or just getting pushed or someone read it recently and wants to share?
>>
File: moomin.jpg (30 KB, 400x370)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>62432251
>The kind of sith who openly teaches even the non-force users the way of the sith.
>Or a sith who believes in having no apprentices and breaking the chain in the sith line.
>Creating homonculi to show everyone that Momin can make the force do anything and what does he even need living people for anyways?
>Pulled an Anakin without fucking up and built a peaceful realm for his loved ones using his immense power instead of becoming a dick-ass like Sheev.
>Giving into despair instead of being aggressive like a true Sith.
or a straight up rip-off of Kreia advocating the denial of the Force as the only way to truly be free and have unlimited power
>>
>>62439860
>I don't want to be Space Hitler, Master, I just want to be an aaaaartiiiiiiist!
That might actually do it.
>>
>>62439752
The ship it's based off in Legends was actually a retrofitted bulk frieghter rather than a purpose built design
>>
>>62431410
Savage looks like he just nutted
>>
>>62439752
I am aware, but to think the entire alliance would ever only steal 1 is silly
>>
>>62439860
I dont think these would really be reasons for him to be struck from all records of the Sith

Sheev noted him as a Designer/Builder, but what could POSSIBLY Fathom him being deemed a Heretic?

Judging that his helmet still exists, I would presume him to be Post-Bane
>>
>>62423084
Are 4 X's (Blues or Caverns) with Protons viable?
>>
>>62439968
You should also consider the "source" in this case, may not be the most appropriate one in universe.
>>
File: prince herbert.jpg (122 KB, 478x319)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>62439895
>"But master, I just want to SIIIIIIIIIIING!"

>>62439939
That's just the sweet release of death after a life of suffering
>>
>>62439777
Enhancements you say...
>>
>>62440015
Hmmm, I dunno

Sheev has no reason to lie

But I dont think it was due to Mormin being "Peaceful" per say, due to the fact that his helmet possessed someone and killed another and went to attack vader
>>
>>62440064
I meant that the HELMET was holding back the full truth.
>>
>>62440133
Ah, gotcha

I dont know why, but I have a feeling its Related to the Sith Shrine underneath the Jedi Temple
>>
>>62440050
Certain abilities considered... awesome.
>>
>>62439777
Darth Benis knows the way. Stab all the trees and you will stab all the Jedi.
>>
>>62439903
These are their bulk freighters.
>>
>>62440193
>Did you ever hear of the Tragedy of Darth Speedeus the High?
>I thought not, it's not a story the DEA would tell you.
>>
File: Rosh Benin.jpg (61 KB, 376x592)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>62440217
Rosh Benin has come a long way.
>>
>>62439950
No, they stole a single tie too and painted it funny. That's two ships.
>>
>>62439950
Nobody ever said they stole just one, though. Just that the first one we ever saw was lost but they acquired a second one later, although it's also fucked up now.
>>
>>62440243
Looks weird, where’s it from?
>>
>>62440320
SPACE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOrpFeXUao
>>
File: comfy trooper.jpg (52 KB, 600x579)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>62440050
I wish we where issued sweet government meth in the army, once you get over 10,000ft in altitude it gets all squirrelly from lack of oxygen, motherfuckers loosing focus, dehydration and hypothermia.
Then again, it might have just made everything worse!

>did you complete the mission?
>I dunno, but we found these sweet shiny rocks and half a goat!
>>
>>62440320
It's a heavily modified manila folder that Dave Filoni turned into a sweet Imperial cargo hauler. That man can do anything! I bet it's the hat.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Class_four_container_transport
>>
File: file.png (1.2 MB, 1280x720)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>62440320
Rebels, it's a D4 that can latch unto standardized cargo containers
>>
File: 031.gif (39 KB, 600x450)
39 KB
39 KB GIF
>>62440427
>What happened to the other half of the goat?
>>
>>62440243
>>62440506

Well, the silhouette is similar to the Light Carrier, though obviously the Container ship has way more height and bigger engines.
>>
>>62440531
The guy they bought the front half from retrained it for use as a fleshlight
>>
File: fscv17.jpg (528 KB, 3840x1600)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>62440506
One day we'll get the one made of clear D20's glued together
Field container ships are so cool

>>62440531
Rations!
>>
File: 1522732914091.jpg (139 KB, 546x404)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>62440631
>>62440637
>The look of eternal suffering on Tarkin's face when his dinner party is interrupted for the 10th time this hour to hear reports that some Stormtroopers bought a goat from a man who may or may not have raped it, and ate half of it raw.
>>
File: IMG_20181011_192639.jpg (101 KB, 1614x1200)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
I kinda dig the T-85 now
>>
File: IMG_20181011_193603.jpg (108 KB, 1614x1200)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>62440742
>>
>>62423084
Hot new take:
1. Do you think the Resistance will get the T-85 in the future?
2. Do you think we will see Major Vonreg's TIE Interceptor for FO?
>>
>>62440742
that is damn fast

>>62440781
First will be a matter of them showing up again in the show, not enough data right now to help find a niche to distinguish it from the T-70. Vonreg's interceptor is all but guaranteed, it's just a matter of finding the right counterpart (my money is on the fireball)
>>
>>62440742
>>62440753
Eh. Too complicated.
If you want to do something other than the old X, do something that's not an X-Wing.
Yes, I know they're iconic, but doing nothing but "X-wing + y" just leads down the dark road that Gundam tread with just more and more bullshit slapped on to the once-iconic frame.
>>
>>62440781
Yes and yes

>>62440823
>that is damn fast

Mel is a powerhouse
>>
File: aae.jpg (48 KB, 601x469)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>62440742
MEL FOR FUCKS SAKE WHERE IS VENTRESS AND DOOKU FOR LEGION
>>
>>62440857
get on twitter or the FFG forums and ask him
>>
File: f-22 razgriz.jpg (17 KB, 637x259)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>62440829
And if they're going to reuse an iconic silhouette, they shouldn't be slapping on more pointless-looking, chunky gubbins like 343 does with Halo armor. I get that greeble is part of Star Wars but it shouldn't look like overdesigned MMO raid loot. They need to trim the fat and Trioculus' sake, extend the gun barrels and reattach the flash suppressor plates. Also, Raptor StealthX when?
>>
>>62440897
Yeah But I feel thats Kinda Rude to do
>>
File: battle of turkana.png (1.98 MB, 900x1264)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
What would be a reasonable size/composition for a Rebel fleet operating in/around the Tion Cluster a few months after Yavin?
>>
>>62440979
you can ask politely
>>
>>62440847
mel is crazy overpriced for legion figs.
>>
File: Rebellion Carriers.png (59 KB, 797x305)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>62439752
The Quasar Fire in legends was the rough equivalent of a Tan-Falk. The design itself debuted in Star Wars: Rebellion, which also included one of my favorite versions of an updated purpose built war ship for the rebellion, the Liberator-class Cruiser.
>>
>>62441001
The question is what is their standing goal in the system?
>>
>>62441001
It's a really backwater region with the singular exception of sienar HQ, so any fleet there would most likely be launching minor raids on commerce/supply lines and isolated military targets (like say the roving customs patrols the imps use in low-end sectors)
So I'd say a couple Corvettes, probably a mix of CR-90s and DP-20s mostly, though this is also exactly the sort of place the rebs would use various shitty/old/oddball ships that they wouldn't to use in higher intensity regions.
For heavier stuff, you'd be looking at two or three frigates, neb-Bs or Peltas or oddballs or possibly even a CIS leftover. At the upper limit you'd see a single old light cruiser being used as much if not more as a base and support/resupply boat as it is as a combatant vessel
>>
>>62441001
>months after yavin
Fucking nothing, a handful of freighters, maybe a gallofree or two, a stolen imperial ship if they are lucky, and a couple of gunships or corvettes.
>>
>>62441127
But...that's boring
>>
>>62441422
That's the issue with looking at a time period before endor. Everything post yavin is going to be a small number of similar ships, or nothing but locals.
>>
>>62441739
>>62441739
>>
>>62441459
Not necessarily.
The rebel fleet increased *massively* in size in the first few months after yavin, and not all small ships either
>>
>>62440742
Well... At least it has the cross-bar that was missing from the 70.
>>
>>62440427
The average post-9/11 PFC can't even handle their dip, yellow jackets and red bull without going Full-Carl.
The last thing anyone needs is a half-dozen retarded cock-fondlers, already fucked-in-half with the trots and DTs getting their hands on speed.
>>
>>62440531
>if the ass is missing it's because they ate it.
>if the mouth is gone it's because they fucked it.
>>
>>62441786
But it is only a backwater, and as long as you stay away from the Sienar routes they wouldn't need any big guns to do what they gotta do. I'd say a Neb-B as a command ship, a couple Quasars and a small mix of DP20s and CR90s.
>>
>>62441786
Even if that was the case, the vast majority of Rebel naval assets will be tied up at Yavin IV, Kli'aar, Pinoora, or the Vallusk Cluster to assist in the Yavin evacuation.
>>
File: angle.jpg (193 KB, 1000x599)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>62436218
4.5 degrees, bitch
>>
Is X-Wing 2.0 any good?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.