[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What's the best post-apoc game?
>>
>>62439998
I don't know about best, that depends on what you're looking for, but Apocalypse World 2e is very good
>>
>>62440628
What's so good about it?
>>
>>62440764
I'd say it's primary strength is the design being focused entirely around fighting over scarce resources. All the player-facing mechanics basically boil down to different ways to take shit from people, usually at a cost to yourself of some kind, and all the GM-facing mechanics revolve around how to threaten or break the players' stuff. It results in a game which is this constant tug of war with everyone trying to get security for themselves but since there's no way to do so that doesn't either leave someone else wanting or lose you something else it's a constant cycle of people fighting over shit until someone becomes strong enough to not be challenged.
>>
File: !rifts-rpg-book.jpg (114 KB, 850x1125)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Rifts?
>>
Lone Wolf Fists. It's a Fist of the North Star style post-apoc martial arts game that looks fuckin' sick.
>>
>>62442484
Is it complete?
>>
>>62443402

Still in playtesting, but there's a book up on DTRPG for people to look at, super early alpha but fully playable.
>>
>>62442427
Even the rifts fans are starting to question if rifts can really be called post-apoc with the amount of humans surviving everywhere seeming to have multiplied exponentially with the last books.
>>
>>62439998
Z-LAND. The only one I've played that actually makes you worry about survival in a post-apoc setting.
>>
Red Markets
>>
Degenesis. At least for the setting, the system is average.
>>
>>62442427
Rifts!
>>
>>62445241
Setting seems gimmicky.
>>
>>62439998
Gamma World has an awesome setting (futuristic tech alongside the primitive, and mutants with powers alongside robots), but the actual mechanics of the editions I've looked at were nothing to write home about. Science fantasy future apocalypse is the only way to go.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (184 KB, 866x1000)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>62439998
Palladium's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness Role-Playing Game: After The Bomb : Mutants Down Under .
>>
>>62447044
Fuck that title so much
>>
>>62443425
You think about it Rifts is about as post-apocalyptic as Early Middle Age Europe. Three to four centuries is a long time to rebuild. Rifts is less of a post-apocalypse than it is a sci-fi fantasy world with a slate-wiping event in its past.
>>
>>62447552
There's a reason it gets shortened to TMNT.

>>62447044
Did you just want to type out that absurdly long title, or are you actually endorsing it? Because I played a little TMNT and it seemed like a crunchy mess to me.
>>
>>62444861
The setting looks pretty good. Does anyone have experience with the system?
>>
>>62453663
Is it in the Trove?
>>
>>62449563
Rifts is in a weird place right now.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.