[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

There will never be Mandos even half as aesthetic as TotJ Mandos Edition

Previous thread: >>62423084

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing, Armada, and Legion
>https://pastebin.com/RKyjSGFq
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference materials & misc. resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Disney novels and comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Tons of EU novels and Dark Horse comics
>https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg
Writefaggotry
>https://pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ

/swr/ download links
>https://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Latest news
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/9/specialize-your-army/
>>
Leave the Mandalorians to me
>>
File: 1539291805664_0.jpg (432 KB, 760x596)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>
>>62442008
How long does it take you to put all that shit on in the morning?
>>
Okay, this is epic.
>>
>>62442166
>Can't even link properly
You have no honor
>>
>62442182
I don't want to give the satisfaction of a (You).
>>
>>62442253
i didnt know it was possible for me to feel like someone is too much of a fucking loser to post on this mongolian basket weaving board, but you went and proved me wrong. i guess you had to have one accomplishment in your life.
>>
>>62442253
Do not worry anon. I will give >>62442182 a (You)
>>
Resistance is alright
>>
>>62442911
So far. Just wait until orange buttcheeks worms her way in somehow.
Speaking of, what's the over/under on Filoni finding a way to shoehorn his Togruta Waifu into The Mandalorian?
>>
File: 757654758998.jpg (1.38 MB, 2560x1440)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
So we talk about who may or may not be best Sith a lot, but who is cutest Sith?
>>
File: vsd-i.png (1009 KB, 1280x900)
1009 KB
1009 KB PNG
What would the Imperial fleet for a backwater Outer Rim sector look like? I know the standard is two dozen ISDs and over a thousand smaller warships, but that seems really excessive for what I'm writing up here.
>>
>>62443221
Decide what those thousand other warships would be.
>>
>>62443082
Well, we know she's still around roughly in the era it's supposed to be in (I've heard both 7 years after Yavin and 7 years after Endor).
>>
Is X-wing 2.0 any good?
>>
>>62443217
Everyone's idol, Palpatine-chan.
>>
>>62443251
Yes.
>>
>>62442182
He's just doing it to bait. Baiting is all he ever does.
>>
>>62442911
Yeah, I don't mind it. It's definitely a kids' show, but I find it more enjoyable than Rebels so far. Although one of the main things I disliked about Rebels was the worthless villains, and so far Resistance doesn't have much in the way of that; so that may change when they become more prominent.
>>
>>62443221
If those other 1000 boats are 90% small patrol ships, then it actually works out just fine for a minimal presence given a thousand worlds per sector
>>
File: swdroids.png (407 KB, 950x534)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
New thread unexpectedly, so reposting in hope of feedback from FFG players

REMEDIAL COGNIPROCESSOR

Designed to bring the cognitive faculties of the simplest droids closer to that of typical organics and extend their utility, this processor module can provide considerable benefit to droids of even average intellect when carefully integrated into the network comprising their “droid brain” by a skilled tech. Base Modifiers: +1 Intellect (max 2) Modification Options: follow all usual rules of modding costs and increasing Difficulties. Special Mod 1: If the host droid is a Minion, it becomes a Rival while the attachment is installed. If it possessed any Group Skills as a minion, it now has 1 rank in each of those skills. Special Mod 2: Gain a second rank in the Group Skills gained through Special Mod 1. Special Mod 3: If the host droid possessed no Group Skills, choose one General or Knowledge skill; the droid gains 2 ranks in that skill. (should Combat skill be an option?) Hard Points Required (How many cybernetic implants this counts as): 1 Price: low end 500Cr, high end 1500Cr (based on the costs of the kinds of droids these would be used on, and the change in utility gained).

I wrote this up to address to poor utility of minion droids. The potential abuse would be when it's applied to combat, when groups of cheap rivals would get dramatically more attacks each round than they did as minions.

This is envisioned as something that Tech characters would homebrew, rather than something that's available on the open market, and was driven by the lack of useful low end droids in the crafting rules.

I would like to write the base affect as: "When installed in a droid with an Intellect of 1, raises Intellect to 2", but you have silliness like Pit Droids being written as Intellect 1 (dumber than an automated holocamera), despite multiple TCW instances of them being smart enough to converse...
>>
@2443723
You forgot to call me a /swco/ NeoGAF pedophile.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (52 KB, 500x500)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>62443217
Lana's great and all but there's more to it than her
>>
File: s573cl9m3nr11.png (3.97 MB, 1919x1079)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB PNG
Heard you Jedi are hangin' out at Ossus. It'd be a shame if someone were to...

...supernova it again.
>>
>>62444357
Oh damn what's happening now? Last I remember was the Iokath conflict and the Eternal Fleet going kablooie ; what have I missed?
>>
>>62444386
The Eternal Alliance absorbs most of the Eternal Empire's remaining assets and in this storyline chooses to support either the Republic or the Sith as they fight for Ossus. Full details aren't clear, though evidently a small colony of Jedi resettled it relatively recently.
>>
>>62444386
I should explain this was all announced today.
>>
>>62444460
>>62444386
>eternal empire
>eternal throne
>eternal alliance
>eternal fleet
Did the devs just stop using other adjectives?
>>
>>62444460
>Eternal Alliance/Empire taking a side

I'm intrigued but cautious - what will the members think? Doesn't the Alliance represent a union of the three factions? I'm also curious if the Alliance will attempt to reform after the conflict or will collapse into the warring factions again
>>
>>62441739
>even half as aesthetic as TotJ
Kotor's occupied taris and arakanian space worms Arc would disagree with you
>>
>>62444704
>Galactic Empire
>Imperial Navy
>Imperial Army
>Imperial Academy
>Imperial Intelligence
>Imperial Security Bureau
>Imperial-class Star Destroyer
>>
>>62444704
>Eternal
"Eternal" refers to stuff from Zakuul, so they're all related concepts. Immortality (both physical and ideological) is a theme with Fallen Empire material, I believe
>>
>>62444717
>>62444717
>I'm intrigued but cautious - what will the members think? Doesn't the Alliance represent a union of the three factions? I'm also curious if the Alliance will attempt to reform after the conflict or will collapse into the warring factions again

I assume the idea is like the Iokath situation where the Eternal Alliance is siding with a specific force for the presented event, and not long-term dedication. The devs said that if you chose one faction for Iokath, you can opt to support the opposite on Ossus.

Also, personally, I'm in favor of the war starting up again. Much as I enjoyed Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne, Republic vs Sith Empire is a conflict I really like, and I gain pleasure supporting the latter.
>>
File: Benis One.png (241 KB, 510x680)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>62443876
>This is envisioned as something that Tech characters would homebrew, rather than something that's available on the open market, and was driven by the lack of useful low end droids in the crafting rules

Its not without some kind of precedent where they keep droids hived to a central brain so it might have been made post-Naboo invasion to decentralise that network.
You could sort of sell it as a bit of old CIS tech that just ended up on the open market post clone wars :)

Course the price point and effect is quite good, though maybe I'd limit it to 5 droids and perhaps a mod to make it go as high as 10 later on just to squeeze in a bit more bandwidth across them all. Sort of something which would appeal to small scale droid operators, at a fairly high cost, I don't see it really appealing to people who run massive amounts of droids like a manufacturing plant with 10's of 1000's as it'd have to get fairly cheap to be worth it- usually that would be done at the production stage as a 'factory option'
>>
>>62444793
>Much as I enjoyed Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne, Republic vs Sith Empire is a conflict I really like

I totally get it; however I am at least interested in the idea of the Alliance. It's sort of like the question of Kreia: do the Sith and the Republic/Jedi always have to be enemies? What does Zakuul bring to the mix? Is a stable peace possible? Or is the galaxy doomed to an eternal (no pun intended) conflict between light and dark? Overall imo it raises a lot of good and interesting questions about the Star Wars galaxy
>>
>>62443221
Light Cruisers, Victories, Venators maybe dreadnought heavy cruisers
>>
>>62444741
"Imperial" sounds less silly than "Eternal." "Imperial" mostly sounds like a statement of fact. The Imperial Army is the army of an Empire. Slapping "Eternal" on everything just makes it sound like the devs and the galaxy's inhabitants only remembered at the last minute that "Infinite" was already taken. "Eternal" loses all of its gravitas through overuse and the fact that we know they're all obviously ephemeral thanks to the thought bomb, the Clone Wars, Order 66, etc. I'm surprised the Rakata haven't reached up from the depths of hell to hand the galaxy a cease and desist letter.
>>
>>62444883
>I totally get it; however I am at least interested in the idea of the Alliance. It's sort of like the question of Kreia: do the Sith and the Republic/Jedi always have to be enemies? What does Zakuul bring to the mix? Is a stable peace possible? Or is the galaxy doomed to an eternal (no pun intended) conflict between light and dark? Overall imo it raises a lot of good and interesting questions about the Star Wars galaxy

I figure the struggle between light and dark is just a general theme of the setting, though SWTOR seems to push towards the idea of cooperation being possible. I'm sort of at a crossroads where part of me agrees with Kreia that the Force uses people as its puppets in its war of balance, but I also like the idea of cooperation being possible, albeit incredibly difficult.

I think the Eternal Alliance eventually becoming the dominant force in the galaxy and uniting the Republic and the Sith Empire together is the eventual plan, though whether or not it's primarily diplomacy or conquest will probably depend on the player choices. I remember back during pre-release, the devs mentioned there was a reason why the Republic later adopts a lot of the Sith Empire's aspects like the accent, Star Destroyer designs, uniforms, etc., and although I don't think the Eternal Alliance was specifically the end goal, I do think the general idea was intended from the start based on that.
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 268x188)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>62444794

I was intending it as an attachment/cybernetic that is installed in a single droid, and affects just that droid... but you have me thinking. The specific application I have (most) in mind is for upgrading basic droids to the level of being useful as crew members for ships with manpower requirements larger than a typical group of player characters... stuff like medium transports, shuttles, yachts; there are a number of ships with crew listed in the 5-20 range. A central controller could fulfill that need with basic droids, if you make it give effective ranks in skills like Athletics (cargo handling), Computers (operations), and Mechanics (engineering)... even Ranged-Light (counter-marines).

I still want to work out the original version for "familiar" level assistant droids, but the central brain is worth exploring, too. I suppose I could write it up as a Template for droid crafting, with a cost per receiver that has to be installed in units to be controlled.
>>
>>62444917
"Eternal" serves a similar purpose to the Eternal Empire and the culture of Zakuul much the same as "Imperial" does to the Galactic Empire. The people of Zakuul were uplifted by a god-like man that, for all intents and purposes, was immortal (for the record, his title was Immortal Emperor, so a slight break in the chain).

Essentially,
>Eternal Fleet came first, because no one knows how long it had existed, but it has been for a very long time.
>The Eternal Throne is likely called such because it was created to take control of the Eternal Fleet.
>The Eternal Empire is named such because it is ruled from the Eternal Throne and the backbone of the empire's power is the Eternal Fleet.

It's not random, there's a reason for the usage. Case in point,

>Their militant Force using order are called the Knights of Zakuul, not the Eternal Knights.
>Their primary ground forces are not called Eternal Troopers or Eternal Droids, they're called Skytroopers.
>Their other Force using order are called the Scions of Zakuul, not the Eternal Scions or Eternal Seers or whatever.
>>
>>62445099
Oh, also, the Eternal Alliance names comes from the initially-adjectiveless Alliance absorbing the Eternal Empire's assets.
>>
>>62444979
>Force uses people as its puppets in its war of balance
That's just fucking nonsense. You might as well say 'life uses people in its eternal struggle' or something. The Force IS life, it IS everything, it Surrounds everything. It's not an OTHER, no matter how people in-universe try to rationalize this force of everything they can never really understand fully.

These aren't fucking warlocks tapping into something outside that gives them superpowers, they're tapping into the energy of everything around them, inside of them, everywhere and to think it's somehow all separate from that very same everything is missing the whole point. The Force isn't something that's tacked on as an extra and blaming it for people being retards is the same as blaming the laws of physics for every war ever.

>Maybe if we didn't live in a universe with observable and predictable phenomena, we wouldn't have this many wars.
Fucking retarded.
>>
>>62444979
Puppets in the Force's war against itself. Do you hear how stupid you sound when you say that? And no shit the war will eventually start back up, the Sith have gone too long without senseless depravity against the rest of the galaxy. They need their next hit before they start coming down.
>>
>>62445150
* Absorbing it along with existing Imperial and Republic assets
>>
File: Okay.jpg (27 KB, 425x420)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>62445154
>>62445179
>>
>>62444704
>The eternal thompson gunner, still wandering through the night
>>
>>62445257
>Transcending history and the galaxy, a tale of sabers and stormtroopers eternally retold
>>
File: bbob.gif (995 KB, 480x204)
995 KB
995 KB GIF
>>62445099
Ah, gotcha
I was sort of accidentally being an engineer again and was thinking a 'load sharing' type of arrangement between droids where if you had a minion group of half a dozen of the little buggers being able to share their brainpower and each donates a bit of brain power into the pool the group could access.
That would make it a little cheaper in terms of instead bolting up a "big ol brain to BR3++" and instead you're leverage off whats already there, but just giving it a bit more applied focus
>>
>>62445222
You don't deserve those trips.
>>
>>62445179
>>62445154
I think the point in SWTOR is less the nature of the Force itself but the nature of the adherents of light and dark.

>the Sith have gone too long without senseless depravity against the rest of the galaxy. They need their next hit before they start coming down

I think the question is being raised if the Sith have to be that way. After all, the constant infighting and depravity among the Sith is what will later inspire Darth Big Guy and the Rule of Two.
>>
>>62445154
Adding to this. It's the same kind of retard that has people wanting their jedi to train without the use of the Force. That's like wanting to train without having your head attached or wanting to get used to non-linear, acausal combat in case that ever becomes a thing. That sort of situation is so outside the bounds of normal reality it becomes moot and being put in that kind of position means you're dead. The Force isn't a superpower or a superpower-store and it's trying to reduce it to such that ruined large parts of the old EU.
>>
>>62445291
I'm sorry you're so mad.
>>
>>62445301
>I think the question is being raised if the Sith have to be that way.
They WILL always be that way, the same way anyone abusing copious amounts of hard-drugs leads to them doing crazy shit. Even being a high-functioning user still means you're fucked but can pass for normal-ish and the Sith are messing around with magic-super-cocaine. The Dark side fucks with your head and it's always those supremely confident that it'll be THEM that truly masters all of it, that THEY'll be different from all the rest, that THEY'll have it all under control, it's always them that fall the deepest into it's clutches. There are no shortcuts down that way, only a quick fix and a long fall.
>>
>>62445301
>I think the question is being raised if the Sith have to be that way. After all, the constant infighting and depravity among the Sith is what will later inspire Darth Big Guy and the Rule of Two.
There are definitely Sith that seem to function fine and logically, such as Dooku, Marr, Lana, Serevin, Bane, Zannah, and more, but they almost certainly come off as a minority within their respective groups. I think it's the difference between those Sith that go full pickle with the dark side, whereas others understand doing so causes issues with long-term function and practice a level of restraint, or perhaps have enough willpower to hold back the corruption.

It's probably why Sith seem to function better in small numbers, like with the Rule of Two; that more logical minority is able to consolidate itself and teach the few adherents (or, well, adherent) it has the dangers of rushing too quickly into the dark side without the discipline necessary to control it.
>>
>>62442035
With the force? Less than it takes for your mouth to stop flapping after I slice off your choked throat.
>>
>>62445479
You have to be older than 18 to post here.
>>
>>62445318
And has already ruined Mouse Wars.
>>
>>62445479
>Revan fans literally edgy children
Every single time. Why is Revan the most cringeworthy character in Star Wars?
>>
>>62445534
>Why is Revan the most cringeworthy character in Star Wars?
Red and basepilled
>>
>>62445534
Because Avellone turned Revan from "Jedi paragon who started shooting up on Soul Heroin because of Mando bullshit and was actually you the whole time" to "supergenius who was merely pretending to be retarded and was ackshually making the Republic stronger by killing millions of its citizens and crashing its economies and forcing it to expend blood and treasure defending itself from him".
>>
>>62445534
Because most of the people that like Revan only do so because he's a blank slate self-insert outside of SWTOR and a bit of the KotOR comics.
>>
>>62445534
The fans are cringeworthy but Revan himself doesn't have enough consistent character traits to really be much of a character at all. Mando Wars Revan, from what little we saw, seemed to be a reasonable guy who wanted to do the right thing, race bikes, and build droids before it all went to hell. Nothing really terrible here. KOTOR 1 Revan was a complete blank slate so his cringe factor is entirely player-determined. I was too bored to finish the Revan book so I have no idea what he was like there. TOR Revan I'm convinced is just some hobo who stole Revan's robes since he looks nothing like any of the face options in KOTOR, is batshit crazy, and has a completely different voice actor.
>>
>>62445460
>>62445468
Not to sound like a faggot but you both have a point. The Sith are prone to things like extreme cruelty and sadism, self-destructive tendencies, and overall Dark Side corruption. I do think, however, that a major part of the Sith is figuring out how to channel that as >>62445468 pointed out.

I think what's out of the question is the notion the Sith Empire can exist as any way a "reasonable" without, at the very least: ambitious/quarreling leaders, intrigue, and some good ol fashioned tyranny and repression. The question is rather can they stem the self-destructive tendencies enough to have discourse with the rest of the galaxy that allows them to co-exist with entities like the Republic and Zakuul without being in armed conflict with them.

That said, it's also important to note that SWTOR may be presenting this as being the Republic's fault too. IIRC, wary Jedi and greedy/jingoistic Senate are also driving the galaxy to renewed War. It may well turn out the Eternal Alliance will end up nothing more than a failed experiment
>>
>>62445290
>Ah, gotcha
>I was sort of accidentally being an engineer again and was thinking a 'load sharing' type of arrangement between droids where if you had a minion group of half a dozen of the little buggers being able to share their brainpower and each donates a bit of brain power into the pool the group could access.
>That would make it a little cheaper in terms of instead bolting up a "big ol brain to BR3++" and instead you're leverage off whats already there, but just giving it a bit more applied focus

Well, the Minion rules already sort of make this happen... if you have a group of matching Minion droids, they get effective ranks based on the size of group. Heck, Pit Droids do that, and even get additional BOOST depending on the group size. Looking at it that way, you could probably crew a ship with the simplest chassis of droid, so long as you program them with the right group skills and instruct them to always work in teams.

That takes care of crewing a ship, I guess.

Which brings me back to figuring out that attachment for "familiar" companion droids...
>>
>>62445751
crap * "reasonable government"
>>
>>62445751
>may
More like "will." We already know the New Sith Wars happen in 2000 BBY, rendering everything pointless.
>>
>>62445769
>Looking at it that way, you could probably crew a ship with the simplest chassis of droid, so long as you program them with the right group skills and instruct them to always work in teams.

...I guess the reason I resist doing it is that the Minion rules pertaining to skill ranks feel to me entirely intended for combat.
>>
>>62445812
You're right. So I suppose the question will be "how long will it last?" and "how long will it go?"; as well as the aforementioned questions on what it represents. Overall, I think these are good questions to be asking
>>
>>62445658
>Avellone
As someone who by and large likes his games and loves Kotor 2 as a game, but not necessarily as a star wars game, know what we know now about his favorite tropes and general writing style, it's insane that he was ever allowed within a mile of a star wars property.

>I could change like five worfs and have that apply to rian instead
>>
>>62445812
Assuming it lasted to the New Sith Wars, I wouldn't call 2,700 years of peace a waste.
>>
>>62445867
*how far will it go

Christ I'm tired
>>
>>62445880
We know that the 17th Alsakan Conflict ended in 3017 BBY and there are six more Alsakan Conflicts not yet accounted for in lore, so we know at the very least that the galactic core certainly did not experience 2,700 consecutive years of peace. At this point, the only long consecutive period of peace we know of between TOR and the New Sith Wars is the millennium between the 17th Alsakan and the NSW. By 2000 BBY, the Sith had been thought destroyed for centuries and Darth Ruin was noted as being the first dark lord to be "crowned" in a millennium. From this, we can infer that something caused the deal to fall apart and cause a Sith extermination.
>>
>>62446009
>From this, we can infer that Sith will be Sith, causing the deal to fall apart and cause a Sith extermination.
>>
File: ID_new.jpg (1.81 MB, 2048x4093)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>62446009
>>62445812
>>62445880
Speaking of the 2000s and 1000s BBY, Invincibles. Does anyone have their D6 stats? Because looking at their Wook page, they seem incredibly undergunned for 2 km long ships compared to their modern contemporaries, and unlike the undergunned Confederate ships they aren't skeletonized and actually packing the mass of a ship half the length. Do those guns have quality to compensate for their lack of quantity? If not, how are they worth the massive manpower the Corporate Sector Authority needs to dedicate to them if they're such huge targets that can't dish out enough to make up for the fire they'd be taking? How does the CSA use them to take advantage of whatever strengths they'd still have? What makes crewing them a better use of them than ripping out any components of value and melting down what's left?
>>
>>62446049
>>62446009
>>62445812
>>62445880
And how much of their length is those engines?
>>
>>62446049
They are undergunned due to the time period in which they were made. The Invincible-class was first produced for Coruscant's fleet in the 3000s BBY during the 17th Alsakan Conflict, a time when having heavy turbolasers was considered a technological breakthrough on par with introducing the HMS Dreadnought to a pre-dreadnought Earth. According to the Wook, heavy turbos at the time were exclusive to Corellian ships, hence why the Invincibles (owned by the Coruscant faction) only had regular turbos. The galactic naval meta at this point was also shifting towards smaller warships, rendering the Invincible as obsolete as a real-life pre-dreadnought.

>How does the CSA use them
Training, pirate-hunting, police, and picket duty mostly. Sometimes they're used as troop carriers due to their capacity and in-atmo maneuverability. They're dirt-cheap and simple to operate, making them accessible to just about every Johnny Outtarim and Jimmy Corporate.
>>
>>62445873
Reading his thoughts on New Vegas, particularly the DLCs, the guy seems to like trashing settings to prove his own philosophy.
>>
>>62446240
How do you trash a setting that has already been nuked? The marginal increase in kiloDeVitos would barely be noticeable on top of all the unpleasantness already present in the Fallout world. I guess there was Ulysses but all he really did was jabber on about nothing. Nuking an already barren and worthless wasteland populated by Schrodinger's NPCs doesn't really mean much.
>>
>>62446306
He wants to undo all the rebuilding that had gone on since the very first Fallout because he's too autistic to just make a Fallout anywhere in the US other than the West.
>>
>>62446306
Fallout is post-post-apocalypse setting after nation states started to emerge again. NRC, Legion and Texas to name a few states. You might not like it but even in Legion it was no longer post-apocalypse for the common man, even if they weren't even near prewar tech. On top of this some vaults had real, working GECKs with educated population ready to face tamer wasteland after it's no longer so hot.

>How do you trash a setting that has already been nuked?
You go lol everything is still fucked after 200+ years and everything gets nuked again. I would be fine with it staying fucked if it made sense, like not having game set hundreds of years after armageddon or using something other than MORE nukes to keep it that way
>>
File: Kaleesh-Alien_Archive.jpg (158 KB, 690x1054)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>
Who's going to be playing Swtor for Ossus?
>>
>>62446999
I am, for the Empire.
>>
>>62447042
You're under arrest for sedition against the Republic.
>>
>>62447103
I don't recognize your authority, nerd.
>>
File: 1468227760181.png (1.43 MB, 1788x2437)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>62446999
On my Jedi Master, ye.

>>62447042
>playing for the empire
>>
File: Logs for Trump.jpg (231 KB, 888x998)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>tfw more interested in macro-scale strategies and local tactics than character-driven stories
>want to command Star Destroyers into battle and direct fighter and bomber wings
>the only vidya that lets me do that is Empire at War
>nobody wants to talk about it
>there is no PnP group centered around captains and admirals
>>
>>62447238
>empire at war
>spam the biggest ships and win

*yawns*
>>
>>62447172
I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield, Master Jedi.

>>62447238
I'm the same as you, anon, though I personally don't really like Empire at War. And it's a shame too, because Armada's player base is at a trickle.

I used to jump into Sins of a Solar Empire with Star Wars mods to get my fix, but I haven't done that in a while.
>>
>>62442022
Mandalore the Manly.
>>
>>62447299
>he isn't always on the battlefield
sasuga, sith-san
>>
File: SithWarrior-TORHope.png (416 KB, 1024x720)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>62447339
I meant that we may see each other on Ossus, you silly goose.
>>
File: twilek comp.png (1.33 MB, 1247x767)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>62447397
I knew that
>>
>>62447238
I love Empire at War and mods like the Thrawn's Revenge for it. It's very aesthetic game which doesn't make up for it's bad gameplay. It lacks in both empire management and fleet battles, less said about ground battles the better.

As long as EA has the licence I don't think we will get another 4x star wars game so the only real alternative is mods like Star Ruler star wars mods.

>there is no PnP group centered around captains and admirals
I'm pretty sure on /k/ some naval /k/omrades were talking about running such thing.. so such groups really exist. Time to join the Navy anon, try not to crash your boat into civilian boats.
>>
How does New Republic react to civilians who would throw peaceful demonstration about reinstating Empires rule?

Would it be smashed immediately as sedition or would they allow it as part of republics basic rights for civil activity.
>>
>>62447484
They'd pretend it wasn't happening at all as some of the peaceful protesters were approached by secret First Order recruiters who'd sign them on as a side-mission while waiting for the secret Republic shipyards to secretly build secret warships and snubfighters to arm a secret army that would one day use a secret superweapon to blow up the New Republic's capital.
And then Leia would tell the New Republic but they wouldn't believe her because she just spent the last forty years on a spice and glitterstim bender.
>>
>first thing leia does when seeing luke is disparaging his height

Thots are the same a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Manlet’s rise up!
>>
>>62447460
>play thrawn’s revenge
>build some lore accurate and flavorful fleets
>AI only spams star destroyers who somehow beat my fleets full of super star destroyers, dreadnoughts, normal star destroyers and support vessels

Same thing happens every campaign, suddenly autoresolve flips the fuck out and I lose every battle even with better fleets and battles. I also autoresolve to skip the tedious nature of watching the enemy HP chip away and dealing with the enemy bases...
>>
>>62447855
>AI only spams star destroyers who somehow beat my fleets full of super star destroyers, dreadnoughts, normal star destroyers and support vessels
Such is life. Obviously you should have spammed star destroyers too, fuck doing anything else.

>fleet spam
Yeah this killed the game for me. Either you play small/medium maps where AI struggles to do anything or on big maps around turn 3 AI starts to spam multiple fleets per turn to die to your one or two fleets.
>autoresolve
Never really used it except ground battles that even AI shouldn't be able to lose as I wanted to play the game and crushing filthy rebels in space was fun.
>>
How did Satele react to Theron defecting to the Heralds of Zildrog?
>>
>>62447920
>land battles
>every map is a maze so battles are tiny

Really boggles my mind at how small space and land battles are and how tiny the maps are, doesn’t help that the pathfinding is so bad.
>>
>>62447831
>Manlet’s rise up!
They never will.
>>
>>62447855
>>62447920
>play Empire
>start filling out my roster with Imperial IIs because fuck yeah ISDs
>Kuat is never idle
>start attacking the New Republic
>planet after planet falls
>wait where's their fleet
>hoover up half the New Republic without a single fleet action
>keep going, at this point I'm just auto-resolving the battles against their orbital shipyards and the garrisons
>eliminate the New Republic entirely without ever finding their fleet
>realize they sent every single ship they had into the Greater Maldrood

The game is fun and all, but the Goddamn AI is hell-bent on ruining any fun you could have had.
>>
File: Ah1KooA.jpg (58 KB, 640x632)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Armada, X-Wing, and Legion regionals should be starting up soon. (Yes, I know the latter two have different names now)

X-Wing is hard to say, since the season is supposed to coincide with the first points rebalance, but what are you intending to run, /swg/?
>>
>>62448374
Xwing is gonna be my Ventress+Fang Build

Ventress, Latts, Sense, Title and Rigged Cargo
2x Fang Fighters
195 points for Initiative
>>
>>62448374
I'm bouncing between four Armada lists - Raddus/Dodonna Liberty, and Dodonna/Mothma 3x MC30. The SSD may drop halfway through the season, though, so that makes a difference.

I'm not convinced any stores in my area actually order Legion kits so I haven't thought about it. Plus with monthly releases the meta changes constantly so the timing is really important, a February tournament and a November tournament have different implications

For X-Wing probably Fenn or Guri with Palob/4-LOM/L3 and Teroch/Torani/Something Else. Until they change the points and the metas all different.
>>
>>62446049
>Does anyone have their D6 stats?
Han Solo & the Corparate Sector Sourcebook.
>>
>>62445852
Any of the droids that would help you out of a fight are generally rivals, at which point the matter of skill ranks is covered.
>>
File: 1535176076123.jpg (1.69 MB, 1937x2888)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
Did the Rebellion ever try and use any old CIS assets to their advantage, such as however many zillions of battle droids you might find in the bowels of old CIS warships?
>>
>>62450163
They tried using at least one Lucrehulk as a carrier. It was killed by the Death Star, along with a shitload of letter-wings. Many Rebel accountants cried out in anguish that day. I guess the writer remembered at the last minute that multiple fighter wings’ worth of Xs and Ys would have trivialized ANH.
>>
>>62450163
The old Death Star novel had a repurposed Lucrehulk being used as a Rebel carrier.
Although the sheer number of X-wings allegedly crammed into it can't be canon. Maybe some of them were just Z-95s
>>
>>62450163
Droids were more commonly used by the early cells in the first 4-5 years after Order 66, after attrition and Imperial scrapping efforts the well of droids had started running dry. You might hapoen across random pockets here or there, but never on a large scale. The ships would be kept running for as long as it was visble to do so.
>>
>>62450163
Not as far as I'm aware of for canon. In Legends they did use at least one Lucrehulk.

They've never used CIS droids.

Reminder that they're the Alliance to Restore the Republic - using CIS war machines kind of goes against that purpose, since, you know, they were the enemies of the Republic.
>>
>>62450163
Legends had a Lucrehulk packed with... kamikaze Rebel fighters attacking the Death Star? Like actual human pilots? That was a dumb story.

In one of the Disney books Cham Syndulla uses a swarm of Vultures packed with explosives to disable an ISD.
>>
>>62450245
Canon has the free ryloth movement launch an attack on an ISD using a long built reserve of vulture droids with purpose made weapons in tandem with a minefield (Lords of the Sith). There was also that luchrehulk that served as a mobile pilot training ground in the Aphra comics.
>>
File: uRLLREh.jpg (873 KB, 2631x1759)
873 KB
873 KB JPG
>>62450245
>>62450243
Ah, okay. I was toying with the idea of the Resistance making use of some that they find aboard an old, half-broken Providence-class in a MonCal scrapyard, because of how desperately short on manpower they are.
>>
>>62450271
>kamikaze
I think they were more just "what the shit is that thing, we need to get in and attack it quick" which is why they don't offer much resistance to the TIE pilot protag when his squadron engages them.
I would rather take the Death Star book as canon than whatever the fuck is in nucanon
>>
>>62450277
That's not the Rebellion, though. That's just A rebellion. The Rebel Alliance is a whole different animal, even if it got its start with movements like Cham's Free Ryloth.
>>
>>62450317
sorry anon but your taste is shit and that book was fucking retarded all around.
regarding the Death Star backstory Cataclysm and Rogue One are just so much better it's not even a competition
>>
>>62450356
Closest we got to what the anon was asking for, and Cham did work with the Alliance down the road (even after that rocky period in Rebels).
>>
File: 1488918756244.jpg (122 KB, 1500x1500)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>62450359
*Catalyst, fuck me
>>
>>62448374
>X-Wing
Either this:

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v5!s!89:133,-1,48,63,83,96,-1,152:;93:-1,-1,-1:;142:-1,42,-1,-1,-1:;143:-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:;143:-1,-1,-1,-1,-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Or this:

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v5!s!89:133,-1,48,63,83,96,-1,152:;93:-1,-1,-1:;125:-1,47,-1,-1,-1,-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=
>>
>>62446999
Good digits

When does Ossus drop again? We should also coordinate a server
>>
>>62446999
Depends. Are Kel Dor a playable species yet?
>>
>>62450359
>your taste is shit
>knockoff Bria Tharen is better
>>
>>62450431
Why Maul?

>>62448554
I get that you're here for Asajj but god it's tempting to drop to Ketsu to upgrade to Fearless Skulls.

How do you feel about dropping RGC off Asajj, swapping one Fang for L3 w/ Tac Officer, and the other Fang for Fearless Fenn Rau?
>>
>>62446049
They likely had a much heavier fit of underpowered light guns in the past, which were replaced with a relatively small number of modern guns during the refit when they were de-mothballed
>>
>>62450576
Why not Maul?

Honestly it's a recharging Calculate; useful for Han
>>
>>62450463
Late November/early December, as I hear it.
>>
>>62446175
>>62450652
Looking at the sourcebook, I get the impression that all the weapons were CSA modifications, and that they were kitted out as quad laser trucks since those were best for what they'd be fighting.
Which begs the question: what would a remilitarized Invincible, loaded out for fighting modern warships, have?
>>
>>62450163
Rebels used AATs, Hailfires, and I think STAPs in some of the Video Games. The Fortessa and Rebel One were modded capital ships, a Lucrehulk and Providence respectfully.
>>
>>62450774
>Which begs the question: what would a remilitarized Invincible, loaded out for fighting modern warships, have?
I would imagine it as looking more like the upgunned dreads in imperial service, replacing the quad lasers with light quad turbos, and possibly also increasing the number of concussion missile launchers, since that would increase firepower without straining the shitty old reactor TOO much
Other than that I could see slightly cutting down the cargo or troop space for a few fighter squadrons.
But realistically you aren't going to get more than cruiser firepower out of an old invincible, since they're basically the in-setting equivalent of the old pre-dreadnought battleships, and they should be essentially considered as a cruiser that can absorb damage like a BB rather than a proper battleship
>>
>>62450576
You could Drop RCC and Title for Crack Shot Skulls, or 2 Skulls with 1 fearless
>>
>>62441739
What's the star wars/holo version of going nuclear?
Going tibanna? Sounds odd. Going cortosis? Sounds brittle. Going full ham? Yes, true, but not quite the description
>>
>>62451298
Going nuclear.
>>
>>62449831

The disappointing thing about the droid crafting rules is that there us nothing at the "security droud" rival level; you're either making B1 level minion popcorn, or poor-man's nemesis assassin droid. It feels like a choice by the devs to put skilled, useful fighting droids out of reasonable reach.
>>
>>62451406
Players being able to amass allied npcs is a tricky thing to handle, it probably was more of a space call than anything (look jow packed that section is). If you are hellbent to do it you could talk with the gm and interpolate existing templates to make new ones, as players are encouraged to do this in the broader crafting rules.

Really I just wish the cybernetic results options were less anemic.
>>
>>62451406
>>62451619
To expand: I am mot sure how useful an intermediate option is to most players. Players that want large numbers of bodies will go for the cheap shit and players that want a meaty body will go for a heftier option. You could also be a lil' shit like one of my players and build a labor chasis and program it with assasin directives.
>>
>>62451687
>You could also be a lil' shit like one of my players and build a labor chasis and program it with assasin directives.
I'm intrigued, yet also disturbed. It's going to be some HK tier abomination, isn't it?
>>
File: K-14ab_StatBlock.png (233 KB, 743x2000)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
>>62451709
No, just a beefy boi with a comically low strain threshold. The fusion cutter has been lost recently, still hunting for a satisfactory replacement.
>>
>>62451748
That's not so bad honestly, shame about the cutter though. What you thinking of replacing it with?
>>
>>62451827
I'm not the player, but if I was the one making the call: vibroaxe, fuck subtletry get crits. But he wants to hunt down a new fusion cutter so it can continue pretending to be a normal labor droid.
>>
>>62451873
There IS the Beamdrill from SoF, but that trades Vicious for 4 extra damage and 1 lower Crit Rating, plus Inaccurate 2, so not worth it perhaps(It's also 3 grand).
>>
>>62452063
>not worth it perhaps
How else are you going to pierce the heavens?
>>
>>62452073
>How else are you going to pierce the heavens?
Salvage a few Droidekas from a crashed Munificent and turn them into babby Basilisks using spare jetpacks.
>>
What was the most common astromech droid during the Clone Wars?
>>
>>62450388
The Death Star Plans would have been saved if he had that rocket launcher
>>
>>62450163
Rebels used a lot of Seppie ships in Legends. As a matter of fact, the holdout faction page lists them fully joining the Rebellion. The Confederacy assests were also used by the New Republic in Legends having SBD fighting Vong units.

Situation is similar in Canon. Rebels use AATs, Hailfire droids and even certain battle droids. But the problem is they did not want to be seen in light of the separatists.
>>
>>62452329
R2 droids used by the Republic.
>>
Played my first two games of X-wing today, was really fun! Looking forward to the Clone Wars release.
>>
>>62452377
How are names/serial numbers assigned? Are the numbers after the model hexadecimal or are they just randomly assigned? I have an idea for a story.
>>
>>62452329

R2 units, though it appears that the Republic did commission a line of C1 astromechs.

We only know a little about these droids from dialogue from Rebels. They are viewed as obsolete by the time of the GCW, and were used for standard astromech duties, notably working with Y-Wings.
>>
>>62452453
It's seemingly arbitrary, and possibly up to individual discretion.
>>
>>62452136
i like you anon
>>
>>62452468
>>62452477
Alright, then. Thanks for the help, anons!
>>
>>62452468
>obsolete
Not quite. While Industrial Astromech produced successors, none ever matched the success, cost-effectiveness, long-term demand, or options of the R2 series. Quoth the Wook:
>The R2-series astromech droid was a model of astromech droid produced by Industrial Automaton, boasting a level of success that was never equaled in Industrial Automaton's long history. A combination of excellent design, high-quality marketing, and good timing made this astromech droid one of the most sought after droids in history, and one of the few vintage astromech series still in active production decades after it was first designed, including the prototype R2-0. The line was so successful, even being given a positive review by Mechtech Illustrated for its versatility,[1] that the Galactic Empire would later take credit for the design. The average cost for an R2 unit was about 4245 Republic Credits.
>IA, taking a page from Corellian ship-builders, made the droids easy to upgrade and modify.
>At least by the time of the Galactic Civil War, R2 purchases came with a three-year warranty, a user-support hotline, IA quality, various affordable prices, and dealer financing.[1]
>>
>>62452507
Derp, I have no reading comprehension and didn't realize the second line was about the C series.
>>
>>62450912
Mind statting a remilitarized Invincible plox? Something that would be refitted during the height of the ICW, when Zsinj is firmly in control of the Corporate Sector?
>>
Damn, 2.0 U-wing is so fun to mess around with. Love the new s-foils rules combined with 90° spins, and Magva works well against all those protons flying around.
>>
>>62452507
>support hotline

How the fuck do calls work in Star wars? Are they talking about holo?
>>
File: 6746467467.jpg (235 KB, 860x1337)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>62446999
I'm pretty excited. I'm sad the alliance is pretty much disbanding but helping the republic again will be nice.

Well, if that's what my wife wants to do. We'll see what she says about it.
>>
>>62452651
Presumably, yes. There's also regular old commlinks.
>>
>>62452651
I just got a great idea of a Hutt service tech in vein of an Indian 3rd party worker
>>
>>62452719
Hutts don't do that stuff. That's peasant work. Their slaves and their vassal races do that.
>>
>>62452548
Sure, WEG or FFG?
>>
>>62452775
WEG, since the vanilla CSA Invincible is already statted in that.
>>
>>62452719
>r2 breaks down
>call Poonloo the Hutt support hotline
>can’t understand the fucking genosian tech support
>ask to speak the manager
>it’s a fuckinh wookiee

FUCKING ALIENS SHOULD LEARN BASIC
>>
File: 1520994524008.jpg (193 KB, 1024x1024)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>62452481
I have my moments, not often, but I do.
>>
>>62452766
>Gamorrean and Nikto service techs
>>
File: 1511679296868.gif (1.91 MB, 500x281)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB GIF
>>62452829
>geonosian service tech
>hes trying to tell you his cousin's hive could fix the r2 if you send him 1,000 credits
>>
>>62452887
>the Wookiee service tech you get shifted to says he (the Wookiee) wasn't supposed to be here today
>>
>>62452447
Same. I love both the CIS and Republic ships, so it's going to be tough for me to decide on my first faction.

Probably going to be the former, since my other friend seems to be more interested in Republic.
>>
>>62453271
Join the CIS+Scum master race.

We get better jokes, but aren't allowed to have Supernatural Reflexes.
>>
>>62446049
That lightsaber looks uncomfortable
>>
ARC 170s and V-wings for Empire when?
>>
>>62452797
OK, so here it is. I gave it what I imagined as being the original heavy turbolasers before the CSA replaced them with more modern, reliable, lighter guns, and thirty off-brand dreadnought quads.
I also changed the hull value to be more in line with the idea of it being bulky and durable even if ancient and undergunned (I apply the same modification to the CSA models in my games, but your mileage may vary), this is forward of the slash, and the old value is after it.

Invincible-class Battleship
Type: Heavy cruiser
Scale: Capital
Length: 2,011 meters
Skill: Archaic starship piloting: Invincible Dreadnaught
Crew: 23,014, gunners: 198, skeleton: 12,795/+20
Passengers: 4,000 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 700 metric tons
Fighter Capacity: 24 Starfighters
Consumables: 1 year
Cost: Not available for sale to civilians
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x4
Hyperdrive Backup: x25
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 1D
Space: 2
Hull: 6D+2/3D+2
Shields: 2D
Sensors:

Passive: 30/0D
Scan: 50/1D
Search: 100/2D
Focus: 4/3D

Weapons:

12 Concussion Missile Tubes

Fire Arc: 4 front, 4 left, 4 right
Crew: 4
Scale: Starfighter
Skill: Capital ship gunnery
Fire Control: 1D
Space Range: 2-5/10/15
Atmosphere Range: 200-500/1/1.5 km
Damage: 9D

12 Archaic Heavy Turbolasers

Fire Arc: 4 front, 3 right, 3 left, 2 right
Crew: 3
Fire Control: 1D+1
Space Range: 1-8/15/30
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 7D

30 Quad Light Turbolasers
Fire Arc: 7 front, 10 left, 10 right, 3 back
Crew: 3
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 3-20/40/80
Damage: 4D

6 Tractor Beam Projectors
Fire Arc: 2 front, 2 left, 2 right
Crew: 2
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-5/15/30
Atmosphere Range: 1-5/15/30 km
Damage: 4D
>>
>>62453715
Something I've wondered for a while, why is so much importance placed on the number of tractor beam projectors a ship has? How useful could they be in a fight?
>>
>>62453771
they're mostly important because 90% of WEG encounters with capital ships involve running away while they try and capture you with tractor beams.
but other than that in combat they're mostly useful for holding enemy ships back from escaping
>>
>>62453802
Can you use a tractor beam to grab a torpedo and throw it back at them? How about smack a captured enemy fighter into an enemy cruiser?
>>
>>62453715
Nice. Thank you kindly.
>>
>>62453872
I hope you've got 10D in the appropriate skill, because that's definitely a Heroic difficulty move
>>62453901
no problem. anything else you'd like stats for?
>>
>>62453913
Mandator IV. It'll be funny.
>>
File: J_Jonah_Jameson_laugh.gif (2.85 MB, 330x190)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB GIF
So uhhh...

Chuck Wendig the Hack Author got fired

https://mobile.twitter.com/chuckwendig/status/1050822080130895878?s=21
>>
>>62454022
OK, but later, when I'm drunk
>>
>>62454031

And of course, he only blames people for yelling about him writing about gay characters, and just writes off all the people who don't like his style, or plot elements, or any other legitimate criticism. Because I can't possibly just not be good for this, it has to be the bigots fault.
>>
File: upgrade-magva-yarro.jpg (76 KB, 592x297)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>62452577
I added Magva to my list because she's cute and I was forming Waifu Squadron at the time, but I ended up actually really liking her. She's genuinely good.
>>
File: 1535475002707.jpg (41 KB, 560x373)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>62454031
no you dumbfuck, the negative review "campaign" wasn't due to lgbtqwerty+ in your books, it was due to them being unreadable garbage
>>
>>62454075
I have a waifu squadron with Magva, Wedge, Jan, and Sabine and suprisingly it works pretty damn well.
>>
Do you think Armada would be more popular if the ships were smaller and allowed for larger battles?
>>
>>62454076
I followed absolutely zero of his garbage, so if you've got a minute could you clear something up real quick, was Aftermath the one with randomly gay/bi/uniformsexual Tarkin for zero reason, or am I thinking of something else?
Thanks.
>>
File: rf cryface.gif (1001 KB, 640x480)
1001 KB
1001 KB GIF
>>62454031
So long, bitch!
>>
>>62454257
Aftermath is post-RotJ so the chances are that there is no Tarkin. Although I can't rule this out as I have finished only 1/3 - 1/2 of the book before I realised that will to live is more important than keeping up with canon.
>>
>>62454031
>>62454062
>>62454076
He was fired because "It was too much politics, too much vulgarity, too much negativity on my part." according to one of Marvel's editors.

Which, quite frankly, is true. Regardless of his quality as a writer (I personally never hated the first Aftermath book but never got around to the other two, and the continuity snarl around his annual is... overstated at best) he absolutely is stupidly reactionary and vitriolic, the sort of person that the Right likes to paint the entirety of the Left as being.

>>62454257
Something else. Aftermath was a book trilogy he wrote.

While he did have a story in FACPOV, it was the one in Chalmun's cantina, not the one you're thinking of.
>>
>>62454257
No, that was the one collection of explicitly dubious canon short stories
>>
>>62454031
So, wait, is he fired from Disney/Star Wars entirely, or just the comics?

I hope it's the former. I don't really care about his politics, I do care that he writes shit like "herkily-jerkily."
>>
File: kek.jpg (200 KB, 1150x750)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>62454031
we did it reddit, now on to Rian
>>
>>62454293
Thanks for answering anyway Anon, I've avoided Nu-Everything like the plague so I have absolutely no idea of any of the plots of anything anymore,

>>62454304
>>62454313
Ah. Well shit, I'm just a fuckboy then.
>>
File: 1523845422386.jpg (1.34 MB, 1148x1148)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>62454257
That was one of the stories in From A Certain Point of View that may or may not have been canon, and it was an officer who may or may not have been Tarkin.
I haven't read the story in question, but if you're gonna do a Tarkin who's in the closet pic related is basically the only correct way to do it.
>>
>>62454314
"taken off issues 4 and 5 of SHADOW OF VADER, and taken off an as-yet-unannounced SW book. "

sounds like he is gone for good
>>
>>62454304
So he was basically fired because he was the same around the office as he is on Twitter? That makes a lot of sense
>>
File: English now for idiots.jpg (126 KB, 1286x1000)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>62454031
>Today I got the call. I’m fired. Because of the negativity and vulgarity that my tweets bring. Seriously, that’s what Mark, the editor said. It was too much politics, too much vulgarity, too much negativity on my part.

oh
hahahahaha!
I've skipped over the political side of Wendig and always just gone in for the main point that his books are hot garbage and he's a terrible writer. But looking back on the shit that comes out of his head and dribbles into twitter posts... he's fucking crazy. Not just a bit you know, 'opinionated and full of shit' (which he is) but he's really a legit fucked up in the head, painting the walls with faeces and absolutely fucking bonkers madman. Honestly don't know why they kept the Wendig cancer going as long as they did because he's been attacking the fan base something horrid to the point you do feel kind of dirty about the insults.

Thanks fuck he's gone!
>>
>>62454354
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that last bit since sometimes comic book series are referred to as "books."

Either way, glad to see him go. Guy was needlessly antagonistic.
>>
>>62454362
That's what it sounds like. Yet in the thread linked above, he makes it sound like he was fired because of his LGBT character inclusion (nevermind the fact that Doctor Aphra, the ongoing comic, stars an LGBT character and has two others in major supporting roles and is well-received).
>>
Was Darth Vader ,right before being disfigured, the most powerful Sith in galactic history (ignoring dumb EU characters who don't fit Star Wars)?
>>
>>62454414
No. He was powerful, but he still wasn't up to Palpatine's strength level.
>>
>>62454313
Wendig's story from that book was about the barkeep in the cantina. Luckily his story was one of the shortest in that book.
>>
>>62454414
>>62454417
He probably had the potential to be, but his destiny took him down a different path.
>>
>>62454417
He could most likely have killed Palpatine had he won the duel against Kenobi.
>>
What made Anakin the chosen one other than Qui-Gon's hunch and authorial fiat?

How do we know it wasn't Luke, or some other random fuck, or a false prophecy? Even a sith lie?
>>
>>62454257
The officer who may or may not be Tarkin turning out to be gay is played fir a gag (it beibg a mockery of how Luke reacts to first seeing Liea's hologram), the short story has an overtly comedic tone with an absurd pov (a mouse droid).
>>
File: 1489440782405.jpg (186 KB, 541x604)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>62454497
George said so.
>>
>>62454449
Oh, he absolutely did. It's straght from George that Vader had the potential to be twice as powerful as Palpatine - but because of Mustafar he'd never be more than 80% of Palpatine's strength.

A good portion of both continuities in the first couple years after RotS revolves around whether Palpatine thinks Vader is worth keeping around due to him being weakened.

>>62454482
No, he really probably couldn't have.
>>
>>62454497
Virgin births don't happen very often.
>>
>>62454513
Palpatine said that Anakin would soon have been more powerful then himself and Yoda, no doubt had Anakin killed his former master, his descent into the dark side would have been complete and therefore more powerful then Palpatine who had been beaten once already by Windu.
>>
>>62454560
He doesn't say "soon". He just says he'll become more powerful than either of them.

Anakin says he's already more powerful than the Chancellor, but that's not really true.
>>
>>62454497
Well the Father who is like, the physical embodiment of the force said he was so....
>>
>>62454594
Considering Anakin had already slayed Dooku, A SITH LORD, he would most likely surpass Palpatine at a rather young age already.
>>
>>62454632
Dooku was strong, but he was nowhere near Palpatine. Yeah, it's crazy that Anakin was able to beat Dooku, but that doesn't mean that he'd automatically be able to jump up and defeat Palpatine.

He doesn't have the strength or the skill. It's simply not there for him at the end of the Clone Wars.
>>
>>62452447
I'm so excited for Republic. Jedi Starfighter swarm is hopefully fun.
>>
>>62454031
Finally.
>>
>>62454782
With how Force pilots are priced I don't think you'll be able to run a "swarm"
>>
>>62454899
>>62454782
Think there'll be a non-force using pilot?

Generic Inquisitors in the v1 are 40, one charge Jedi generics are probably similar
>>
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/1050828586263822336

For the reason why Wendig was fired, not this "muh right hates LGBT characters" line he's trying to push.
>>
>>62454031
Got'em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tHOkQ3nV1c
>>
>>62454145
Which Sabine? Post link if you can please
>>
>>62454076

Yeah, but it's Marvel, if they gave a damn about writing quality they wouldn't still be paying... well, jesus, where do I fucking start?
>>
File: ffg delta.jpg (88 KB, 1280x1097)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>62454934
I don't expect non-force pilots. But maybe a cheap generic padawan with one force point? Could be even cheaper than inqs, depending on the stats of the ship.
>>
>>62455287
I don't doubt he was fired for acting like a retard on twitter, not for quality, but he's claiming the reviews of his books are negative because of bigots.
>>
>>62455331
Did Jedi Fighters have shields?
>>
>>62455406

The deltas do.
>>
>>62455210
Attack shuttle and Juke to make use of that linked evade. Bullies lower PS and for higher ones she's a really nasty blocker. In either case her copuled with a spinning U-wing is a nightmare to avoid bumping.

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v5!s!5:-1,-1,-1,-1,142:;46:-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,156:;34:-1,-1,61,-1,-1,140,-1:;66:123,-1,-1,-1,-1:&sn=rand()&obs=
>>
>>62454076
Yeah, this whole "people hate me becuz I support lgbtqwerty" thing is just a combination of delusion and hot gas.

People didn't care about Juhani the gay Cathar Jedi back in 2005 (Or whenever it was KOTOR was released I can't remember), why would they give a fuck now?
>>
>>62455525
2003, but Juhani was an incredibly minor side character whose romance was not only optional, but noncanonical - Revan being canonically male.

He's absolutely delusional though, no question about it.
>>
>>62455593
I don't think you had to be female to realize Juhani was a lesbian; pretty sure she tells you the story of her lover regardless of gender.
>>
>>62455633
I honestly don't remember, it's been several years since I played KoTOR.
>>
>>62455593
Yeah, sure, the romance wasn't canon. How does that change her sexuality? It's not like she's gay for Revan. She has an (ex?)girlfriend who shows up on Korriban if you kill her, having joined the Sith.
>>
>>62454515
>>62454497
Yeah, it's canon that Sheev and Darth Plagueis basically raped God to produce a mega-Frankenstein baby somewhere random in the galaxy under the assumption that they'd eventually find it.
>>
>>62455660
Find it and put it under their control.
>>
>>62455593
>>62455525
I think the main thing that's changed is the fandom. In the 90's and 00's when they saw a gay Star War they thought, "Ok, someone's gay, it's pretty cool that they got away with that." Nowadays these hypersensitive virgins see every gay character as a personal attack, a dare to prove their homophobia by saying something about it.
>>
>>62455670
Honestly, when it comes to the Force, getting it to turn to the Dark Side is the easy part. Force-sensitives are rather mentally unstable and tend to switch sides more quickly and easily than regular people. Their convictions are entirely dependent on their current mood. Just make someone powerful enough in the Force and it's even money that they'll spend at least some of their time being evil, resulting in a net win for evil, because evil is proactive and good is reactive.
>>
>>62455660
>>62455670
Well, it's actually not Canon that that's what happened, but rather that they were up to shenanigans and then Anakin came along. Even in Legends they didn't do it on purpose to create Anakin, they were doing some wicked experiments with the dark side and it created a backlash that created Anakin.
>>
>>62455702
/pol/tards and r/The_Donald kiddies don't actually care about nerd shit. They just see them as an opportunity to recruit nerds into their circlejerk.
>>62455733
It's because evil and selfishness are easy and selflessness is hard.
>>
>>62455331
Yeah, I can see a Delta having a generic Jedi Knight that is a carbon copy of Inquisitor at the same price.
>>62455406
I'm betting the stats will be 2/3/2/2, similar to the A-Wing with the action bar but with pilots that all have force.
>>
I feel generic Jedi Pilots and maybe some special Jedi characters would be Force 1

Coz them all having Force 2 would lead to over-saturation and possibly OP
>>
>>62455593
>>62455702
Juhani's not the only gay character either. There's the gay Mandalorian dude (Admittedly a creation of Traviss) from 2007.
>>
>>62455702
i mean, your not wrong but its largely because the sjw's dont know how to have a civil conversation so the assholes are riled, and the average fan doesnt want anything to do with it because at this point they hate everyone involved in the debate.
>>
>>62455954
>gay mando

You mean all of them?
>>
>>62456032
No, I mean an actual "canon" gay mando.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Goran_Beviin (Yes, I know it's the wook I don't have any better sources on hand)
>>
>>62456032
Nah, Mandos used to be gay like Spartans. Traviss had a literal "we're here, we're queer, get used to it" level gay Mando couple.
>>
>>62456029
It's literally both. You can't blame one side without blaming the other.

There are legitimate reasons to dislike pandering. There are legitimate reasons to like diversity. But both sides have people so far up their own asses about their political ideologies that they will crusade against anyone with a different point of view and would rather burn the discussion/franchise/medium to the ground than give up "the good fight".

It's not a left or right problem, it's an outrage politics problem.
>>
File: HesRightYouKnow.jpg (10 KB, 260x194)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>62456089
>It's not a left or right problem, it's an outrage politics problem.
>>
>>62456077
>Traviss had a literal "we're here, we're queer, get used to it" level gay Mando couple.
it wasn't anything like that. it was a male character who had a male husband. it was super innocuous, I had to read it twice before I even realized it. None of the dialogue or narration lampshades the fact that they're a gay couple, it's just incidental. You make it sound like there was a pride march through Keldabe.
>>
>>62447831
Mandalor the Manlet
>>
>>62456127
>>62456127
True, I did overstate it. But she made it big on her own time.

Likewise, in the first Aftermath book, there's a grand total of... I think three LGBT characters? Sinjir, and another character's lesbian aunts - and "another character's lesbian aunts" is about all the description and depth they get. Sinjir I actually thought was okay in that - and admittedly, I never read the second or third books (and now that this is happening, I'm not likely to).
>>
>>62455058
>posts link of a guy lying between his teeth about what Wendig said and showing his own lie by posting the actual tweets

The absolute state of Trumpanzees.
>>
>>62455892
I think they could go like this:
Padawans 1 Force Point
Knights/low tier Masters 2 Force Points
Jedi Council 3 Force Points

Ahsoka and Barriss would get 1 FP, normal Jedi 2 FP and masters like Tiin or Windu 3FP
then you could have generics like PS1-2 Jedi Padawan (F1), PS3 Jedi Knight (F2), PS4 Jedi Master (F3), PS4-5 Jedi Ace (F2) - distributed two per ship as usual between Eta and Delta.

I don't think they will be OP because FFG puts a fucking heavy tax on the Force. Oversaturation of Force Users is kinda the point of the Republic faction, so I don't see it as a problem.
>>
>>62456188
Oh yeah, Traviss was a cunt in real life.
>>
>>62456211
There's literally zero lie there.

Wendig actually did post all those things. Yeah, sure, he's not all that wrong - but that's not the point. You can be anti-Trump without resorting to vulgarity and threats of violence.

Or at least, you can if you're not Wendig or his ilk.
>>
ANOTHER DAY IN THE GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC
>>
>>62456277
>There's literally zero lie there.
He said Wendig threatened to "feed (customers) his shit covered boot". Wendig *did no such fucking thing*.
>>
File: laughing padawans.png (254 KB, 500x433)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>62454031
CHUCK GETS CHUCKED
>>
>>62456322
I LOVE THE SMELL OF TIBANA GAS IN THE MORNING
>>
>>62455058
>kern
oh right the guy that got fired for blowing all his franchise money on a bus
>>
>>62444357
>3 females
>rest are aliens or you can't tell
God I hate bioware.
>>
>>62456906
... two of those females are aliens you tard
>>
>>62457715
Republic (Right to Left)

Tau Idair– Head of Security for the Jedi Colony, she has a tattoo on her head that is the ancient symbol of the light side

General Daeruun – Republic General, new alien species (Krex)

Master Gnost-Dural

Empire (Left to right)

Darth Malora – Minor character from back in Korriban as a side mission. Risen from a minor character to a major position on the Dark Council.

Major Anri – Empire Special Ops Commander, a Twi’lek

Unrevealed sixth character
>>
File: guywithfreetime.jpg (291 KB, 1280x720)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
Here I am having a pretty good fucking day and then CHUCK WENDIG IS FIRED.

About fucking time, Disney.
>>
How do you think the Rebels, and by extension the Resistance, get all the people to crew their starships? It's not as much of a big deal with the Resistance because of how small their fleet is, and how it's kind of acknowledged that they're nearly always short on manpower, but the Rebels had themselves some pretty respectably-sized ships like the MC80s and whatnot by the end of the GCW.

Where do all the people to crew them come from? It's something that's always puzzled me, perhaps I'm just thick.
>>
>>62458242
theirs got to be so many capable crew in a civilization that relies heavily on space travel and spans a galaxy.
>>
>>62458242
the rebellion has a LOT of support, and is a galaxy-wide organization with a enormous number of members. Like generally they have more trouble finding ships than crews
>>
>>62458242
In Legends Dac had seceeded entirely from the Empire, so they had an entire planet's worth of potential crewmen for MonCals.
>>
>>62458242
That's something I've wondered about myself, and I'm not entirely certain. The best explanation I've explained is just simply a case of scaling-up. The Rebel Alliance is, after all, a galaxy-wide operation; the Empire itself has over a million worlds under its dominion. If the Alliance recruits just one person from every planet, that would probably be enough to crew their relatively small fleet. But we also know that there were planets that were very much supporters of the Rebellion, like Alderaan, Chandrila, Corellia, Dac, and more, and they certainly contributed more than just one person.

Funding is really more the question I ask, particularly paying for the individual soldier/crewman. It seems like just about every corporation or noble faction that joined with the Alliance ended up having to jump over completely or end up being arrested by the Empire (and, presumably, seizing assets).
>>
>>62458299
>>62458308
>>62458316
>>62458320
All good points, though it brings me onto something that's puzzled me also, how do all these potential recruits (especially ones from worlds that support the Rebels but are within the Empire's sphere of influence, like Chandrila, Corellia, etc) actually, like, become a part of the Rebellion? Like physically come and join it. It's gotta be difficult to attract recruits to your organization without also bringing the Empire down on you.

Is it all via recruiters like the Fulcrum network?
>>
>>62458320
I dunno, there's never been much mention of actual pay for the Rebels. Most of their funding goes back into acquisition or upkeep of ships and materiel. I think the old Letters of Marque mentioned in the WEG d6 is actually the closest we've come to bona fide "pay" for Rebel operatives, and that was more for privateers than for actual Rebel agents.

I'm sure they got stipends for missions, but actual paychecks and the like, I'm not sure that actually happened.
>>
>>62457990
Star Wars is improved by that much just for his absence
Now if only they could throw out all the garbage he's written and have someone else replace it with something more substantive than: "Lol the empire fell in less than a year"
>>
>>62458242
they had major support on a number of planets, plus shit like ENTIRE PLANETARY DEFENSE FORCES defecting in the wake of Yavin
>>
>>62458320
>paying for the individual soldier/crewman
That's not really a thing when running a resistance movement. Paying your troops is for standing professional military or PMCs. What the Rebels are providing to them is food and place to sleep while not on duty maybe some money for shore leave if they have extra. What mercenaries they hire might get paid though or rebels won't be able to hire mercs in future.

Rebellion runs on hope and zeal at he lowest level not on credits.
>>
>>62458381
For most worlds in Star Wars a PDF is probably like a Battalion's worth of troops, Brigade at most.
>>
>>62458377
the same way all successful rebellions work anon, their is no one way they recruit. they adapt as the needs and circumstances allow. one planet they might be semi open in small town meetings the empire doesnt care about, another they tap underworld contacts, and yet another has them integrating with the armed forces taking in its "deserters"
>>
>>62458320
>The best explanation I've explained
*The best explanation I've come up with

Guess I had a small stroke there.

>>62458379
>>62458400
Yeah, I suspected it was probably more a case of the Rebellion just having to rely on their people being more dedicated to the cause than having a consistent paycheck. They were fed, they were equipped, and they were housed (although I'm sure certain assignments got in the way of that), and that's all that was really needed.
>>
>>62458381
Specifically, the one-two of the Empire showing its willingness to kill billions of its citizens to make its collective balls feel big and the destruction of the Imperial defeat where the weapon used to kill tbose billions was destroyed.
>>
>>62458435
>>62458381
Gotta give my posts more of a do-over.
>>
>>62458422
>Yeah, I suspected it was probably more a case of the Rebellion just having to rely on their people being more dedicated to the cause than having a consistent paycheck.
Thinking about it, that's probably the best way of doing it for an organization like the Rebels. If there's people in your organization who are only there for the pay, it's doubtful they're going to be best thrilled when your "shaky-at-the-best-of-times" funding might just up and stop sometimes. At the least you're gonna find them selling military hardware/drugs on the side, at worst they might well bail on you for someone who can promise them a steady stream of income.

Saying up-front that you're probably not going to be able to pay people is at least a good way to head those problems off at the pass.
>>
>>62458422
>Here housed (although I'm sure certain assignments got in the way of that)
Sleeping in a tent cuddled up to your buddy in that single sleeping bag you were provided keeping the cold away waiting for the caf to heat up on your tiny fusion stove sounds pretty comfy tho. I mean I did it and it was not that bad, if you ignore frost bites and other stuff.

>Saying up-front that you're probably not going to be able to pay people is at least a good way to head those problems off at the pass.
No.1 way how drug organisations form up. The cause starts to seem impossible or something and you already have weapons to actually offer limited resistance to a real army so why not make some actual money once the die hard rebel leader takes a dirt nap
>>
>>62458536
>No.1 way how drug organisations form up. The cause starts to seem impossible or something and you already have weapons to actually offer limited resistance to a real army so why not make some actual money once the die hard rebel leader takes a dirt nap
I was unclear, what I meant was, they'd say they couldn't pay people as a means of making sure only people that are in it for the cause rather than money would join up, so as to try and avoid what you talk about from happening.
>>
>>62458536
Second part was meant to reply to >>62458457
>>
>>62454031
This really herkilies my jerkily.
>>
>>62454031
I can't believe he even has a defense force. These kids are 12 right? No adult can possibly like his writing style
>>
>>62458664
There's no arguing taste, anon, though I'm sure that's never stopped anyone from trying.
>>
I'm looking at picking up some Armada stuff this weekend after some time of eyeing it for awhile.
I really like the idea of firing broadside, but the Star Destroyers seem to have most of their firepower focused forward.
Are there any variants or anything of big Imperial ships that want to just pull up alongside something and fire off a battery of lasers that I could build a list around?
>>
>>62458564
You were perfectly clear anon. That is just how most south american drug operations began; as legit rebels against tyrannical/corrupt government with only their hope for better tomorrow as pay. Many of those organisations featured heavy CIA/soviet influence mucking things up tho so that might have had hand in it.

You are right it prevents some of the people that hope to join for money, but doesn't really guarantee that the recruits aren't in it for other reasons like just causing mayhem for example. Most of those would still have place in Rebel Alliance if the Rebel HR is up to the task, SW is fantasy setting so it might have working HR
>>
>>62458664
Well, as I mentioned above, I only read the first Aftermath book, but not the other two. And I didn't hate it, though it was a bit disconcerting to read at the beginning; by the end I was fine with the tense chosen. I'm never going to say it was great, but I mean the guy has plenty of experience writing other licensed worlds, so either he wrote Aftermath specifically in that way just to try it out and to fuck with SW fans, and the rest of his stuff is more... palatable, I guess would be the best word, or else there's simply a large enough contingent of people who like him and the way he writes that he's profitable.
>>
>>62458695
>Most of those would still have place in Rebel Alliance if the Rebel HR is up to the task, SW is fantasy setting so it might have working HR
Well, it's a common theme in old and NuCanon that Mon Mothma (and Leia, for that matter) was always very careful about making sure that the Rebels didn't lose touch with their ideals. Old canon, that's why Garm bailed out, because it seemed too good to be true and he was certain Mothma was going to pull a fast one on everyone once she was in charge, NuCanon that's why the Alliance ended up cutting ties with Saw, because he was threatening to soil their reputation with his brutal tactics.
>>
>>62458681
The Empire was designed entirely as a guns forward faction. The only exception is the Arquitens, but even then it's base broadside is pretty weak and it has a weird movement profile to boot.
>>
File: 1526905215614.jpg (726 KB, 1600x1230)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
>>62458316
That's sort of the case in new canon too, except I don't think it's called Dac any more, just Mon Cala.
And by "secede" it's more like an "exodus" where 90% of the population just plain fucked off into deep space by launching their ships out of the water. Pretty cool idea even if the execution as shown by the comics was shitty.
>>
>>62458377
Rebel Intelligence would do an assessment on a system for news and some of the more obvious acts of sabotage, then they'll send in either a single recruiter or team to just start feeling out the actual numbers, making contact and seeing 'who' exactly they can work with there. If its not going anywhere or lack of numbers, cut their losses and leave, if there's some really serious shit going down then you can move in some of the more capable negotiators, supply specialists, comms gear and so on to really help and co-ord with other efforts.
Heck it might just be even as simple as 'train spotting' with a single guy counting types, numbers and cargo of ships going through a port- all the way through to ex-imperial troops that left because they're either got a moral reason or felt their planet was being hostile-occupied by the Empire.

But they don't get 'paid' as such, most are there because there's nothing to go back to, the Empire isn't exactly making its workforce rich and people have a whole different opinion on what constitutes 'government' when outside forces start wandering around your town, country, planet etc.
Basically, they hate your guts at worst and at best, you're an in the way inconvenience.
>>
>>62454031
>>62458664
It's purely politics that makes them defend him\.
>>
>>62458813
It was less than 5% in the initial exodus, Radus and Ackbar were considered pretty extreme, the full revolt did not happen until after Yavin.
>>
>>62458854
The Rogue One visual dictionary made it seem like there was very significant chunk of the Mon Cal population (excluding quarren) that flew off pretty much the instant the Empire started looking in their direction.
>>
>>62458813

It's still dac
>>
>>62458893
You can see it in that image, in that it was still a non-trivial force. But a large portion of Mon Cala capitulated to orbital bombardment and it took the dying words of Lee Char years later to galvanize them. in the meantime the mon cal fleet was pressed into imperial service as a merchant fleet.
>>
>>62458854
Considering that 1% is the going rate for militarisation, that's a pretty big number.
>>
>>62458901
As far as I'm aware, it's only been called Dac in the Databank, not in any other canon material.
>>
File: RCO003_w.jpg (509 KB, 1008x1600)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>62459091
The planet is Mon Cala. The capital is called Dac City.

Yeah.
>>
>>62458813
>>62458901
>>62459091
>>62459126
I prefer Dac over Mon Calamari, because it takes into account that there are species other than the Mon Calamari that originate from there.
>>
>>62459147
quarren aren't people
Adolf Hitlee-char did nothing wrong.
>>
how's this?
Emon Azzameen — Firespray-31 76
Swarm Tactics 3
Tractor Beam 3
Cad Bane 4
Seismic Charges 3
Andrasta 6
Proton Bombs 5
Ship Total: 100

Krassis Trelix — Firespray-31 70
Outmaneuver 6
Heavy Laser Cannon 4
Cluster Missiles 5
Informant 5
Seismic Charges 3
Marauder 3
Veteran Tail Gunner 4
Ship Total: 100
>>
>>62459147
>because it takes into account that there are species other than the Mon Calamari that originate from there.
I believe in this case the choice to not go with this is meant to suggest something about the state of afairs between the Quarren and the Mon Cala, especially in the clone wars.
>>
File: Quarren_AoRSR.png (2 MB, 1200x1350)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
>>62459160
Quarren are cooler than Mon Calamari, change my mind.
>>
File: Mon Calamari.png (3.86 MB, 2400x1200)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB PNG
>>62459204
Quarren are not big guys.
>>
>>62459197
>>62459147
Yeah. Reminder that the Quarrens sided with the CIS against the Mon Calamari and the Republic in the Clone Wars and lost. That the victors had the official name for the planet Mon Cala, because they're the Mon Calamari, should come as zero surprise.
>>
>>62459204
1 Cunning hurts more than 1 intellect in my experience, and spitting ink is certainly cooler than a rank in education (because good SCHOOLS, geddit). So my verdict is to the Quarren
>>
>>62459204
I can't say it enough: I wish the Rogue Squadron comic's artist had paid more attention to Stackpole's notes and made Plourr a Quarren. had remembered
>>
>>62459236
>>62459204
*had remembered to make Plourr a Quarren
>>
>>62459147
Could be an instance where the world has multiple names, though if memory serves that was also the excuse for Moraband.
>>
>>62459249
That one always made me chuckle, because there's enough room for the planet to be previously called Korriban anyway. And on top of that, Korriban wasn't even the original name for the world - that was Pesegam.
>>
>>62459236
>>62459245
Wasn't Plourr later made into a princess of some other planet? That seemed more interesting.
>>
>>62459249
>>62459278
Made sense to me. I mean, world that old, that's been colonized, depleted and then re-colonized again so many times is gonna have a thousand different names for it.
>>
>>62459286
Dude. Amazonian musclegirl fighter pilot squid.
>>
>>62459224
shop ackbar with a couple fleet troopers
>>
File: file.png (29 KB, 756x158)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
MOVE FASTER BOAT
>>
>>62459354
Man, I'm looking forward to this. I'm really curious to see what it's got.
>>
Is saw's renegades a 1.0 box that has cards in the conversion kit, or is there a new 2.0 box?
>>
>>62458242
>How do you think the Rebels, and by extension the Resistance, get all the people to crew their starships?
There are an absurd number of sentient beings with spacer skills, some of which are non-human and therefore disinterested in the human first policies of the Empire and First Order.
>>
>>62458242
The Resistance made heavy use of droids. While a case could be made for a lot of people disliking the First Order, the sheer speed at which the entire galaxy bent over and dropped their pants after Starkiller Base tells me that it was mostly droids. Somehow, the entire galaxy lost its balls in the interbellum period.

The Rebellion had pretty much all of the Mon Cal, a whole lot of Corellian diaspora, and deals with privateers. The Outer Rim was also poorly policed by the Empire, discontent, and loaded to the brim with potential recruits. After the events of ANH, Imperial Navy's not-insignificant Alderaanian population also defected en masse and a whole lot of planets and people got a lot bolder about supporting the Rebellion, too.
>>
>>62459307
Well the Force Priestesses are, what, 10 thousand years old? And I think Qui Gon said that Force Ghosts are outside of normal time so they could be using an ancient name from their time or a name yet to be? No, wait, Yoda remembered it didn't he?
>>
>>62459517
>While a case could be made for a lot of people disliking the First Order, the sheer speed at which the entire galaxy bent over and dropped their pants after Starkiller Base tells me that it was mostly droids. Somehow, the entire galaxy lost its balls in the interbellum period.
Eh, there's all of ten minutes between the end of TFA and TLJ starting, my guess is that most of the Resistance don't really know for sure what's happening and are just guessing. Could go either way.

For now, I'm headcanoning it as going kind of like how the Nazi occupation of France went, there's a puppet government that holds sway over most of what's not directly occupied by the first order, but also a government-in-exile that's strongly opposed to the FO, a la the Free French (this'd be seperate from Leia and co).
>>
>>62459517
They had a number of droid support staff, but they were mostly astromechs and protocol droids, not pilots or dedicated military machines.

>the sheer speed at which the entire galaxy bent over and dropped their pants after Starkiller Base tells me that it was mostly droids. Somehow, the entire galaxy lost its balls in the interbellum period.

Unfortunately not shown in the films, but in Bloodlines by Claudia Grey we're shown that a good number of Senators are basically in the First Order's pockets already (at 6 years before the ST films), and that's not including the fact that there's a number of them that really do want the Empire back because their planets prospered under it and they think the decentralization of power for the NuRepublic is stupid (it really kind of is, especially so quickly after the Empire was defanged).

Plus, the NuRepublic is substantially smaller than either of its two predecessors are. There's a large number of states that went independent, and the Empire still existed as a rump state up to the events of the films, plus there were mentions of a Confederacy of Corporate Systems and New Seperatist Union (ironically enough, in Wendig's work) early on, plus Corporate Sector and Tion Hegemony are canon as well, and all of the Hutts and the new groups that rose in their collapse.
>>
>>62459640
All these stupid questions because Rian wanted to take his daddy issues out on Luke.
>>
>>62459387
Saw's Renegades and the Tie Reaper have the cards for playing in second edition and first edition. Its contents are not in the conversion kit and are unique
>>
>>62459743
>>62459517
And, since I managed to say all of that without actually getting to my point...

With the Republic in ruins, those still loyal to it scattered and presumably outgunned since all they've got is small planetary defense forces, and the First Order having staged their invasion after firing SKB the first time, it's not really a surprise that the First Order could be "weeks away" from taking control over a majority of the known galaxy.
>>
>>62459759
interesting, that's what was confusing me. I was looking at the contents of the kit and of the renegades box. Thanks for the answer, I'll definitely buy the renegades box then.
>>
>>62459771
Taking over the galaxy with what fleet, Mouseketeer? This is a miniscule holdout group.
>>
>>62459790
They weren't miniscule. They started with a good portion of the Imperial fleet, and expanded from there.

But you'll just cover your ears and blabber "M-M-Mouseketeer!" and ignore anything I say, won't you?
>>
>>62459743
I know about Bloodlines but even Claudia Grey's explanation doesn't save the ST galaxy from being stupid. Yes, a lot of senators were in the FO's pockets, but that doesn't explain why ALL of them appear to have welcomed the FO with open arms and legs. The Mon Cal and Wookiees, at the very least, should logically have a much bigger presence in the fight against the FO, along with all the other xenos species who suffered under the Empire.
>>
>>62459837
The ones who would oppose had hooked up with the resistance
>>
>>62459819
A portion of the fleet that wasn't big enough to secure the galaxy at the height of its power? The portion that was left of that fleet after it was destroyed in detail within a year? Which they are manning how?
>>
>>62459861
That plus ~30 years of no serious interruption
>>
>>62459881
With what infrastructure? Which they are keeping secret how?
>>
>>62459907
Secret by building it where people are not looking, infrastructure built in that time.
>>
>>62459837
We don't have enough information at this point, unfortunately, about the state of the galaxy during the ST outside of what we see in the films themselves.

That being said:

>doesn't explain why ALL of them appear to have welcomed the FO with open arms and legs

This isn't what happened.

>should logically have a much bigger presence in the fight against the FO

Maybe, but again, demilitarization. Maybe the Mon Cala will be the ones who hold out the longest, but we simply don't know.

>>62459861
We don't know exactly how many showed up in the Unknown Regions. We know they had at least one SSD at the time, and we know that they continued to get hardliners as time passed after the Galactic Concordance. We know that they staged a quiet kidnapping ring, which is where Finn and others like him got roped in as children, taken from their families to be brainwashed by the FO. The Supremacy is supposedly staffed like 80% by the equivalent of Hitlerjugend, under-18 workers.

>>62459907
30 years of expansion nearly unchecked, aided by Snoke and his Navigators, working secretly in the Unknown Regions. The ones who know about the FO's operations consist of three groups - the FO and their cronies, the ones they're kidnapping, and the ones who try to do something about it and warn about the threat they pose but get discredited in the process - like Leia.

The Unknown Regions are hard to get into unless you know the specific routes, and are completely unmapped by people who aren't from there - and even the ones who ARE from there don't have maps of the entire area.
>>
>>62459844
The numbers don't match up if we're talking entire planets signing on. If the Resistance really did have the support of whole planets, then Starkiller Base would have been hit with more than 24 starfighters. TLJ's Resistance fleet would have been far larger, with more than one MC. The destruction of a few rickety deathtrap bombers wouldn't have been considered such a painful loss. The Crait base would have had a meatier defense than some speeders and easily destroyed arty. At the very least, their lone MC would have had a full Mon Cal crew if they actually had real support.
>>
>>62460048
>>62460048
>>
>>62460030
I think anon is overstating the kind of support the Resistance has. Think about it this way, if we're the New Republic, then the Resistance is the Peshmerga. People off in the back end of nowhere (from our perspective) fighting some evil threat that we know about in principle but don't really interact with on a day-to-day basis. Whilst they're (more-or-less) well-regarded, they're also technically criminals, or at least frowned upon by our own government. In spite of that, you still have people occasionally abandoning their lives here and going to join them.

It's like that, only even smaller and over a larger area than the actual Peshmerga.
>>
>>62460030
It didn't have that support, though. They had, at best, unofficial support from some people in the New Republic, but only because of Leia being a legendary war hero and politician. By the time of the ST, it's pretty clear that the Resistance isn't all that big, basically only being held together by Leia and a few others. They don't have much in the way of funding, either - the Poe Dameron comic shows that they're constantly running on fumes.

The opening crawl of TFA definitely overplays how much the Resistance has to work with, but there's nothing ever indicating that they had support from entire planets.

>>62460073
It's more like a former army general running a platoon-sized PMC fighting Neo-Nazis in the mountains of Argentina, ostensibly he has support because of his background, but the US can't actually do anything to help because those Neo-Nazis don't officially exist and/or are being covered up by people who agree with their ideology.
>>
>>62460126
>It's more like a former army general running a platoon-sized PMC fighting Neo-Nazis in the mountains of Argentina, ostensibly he has support because of his background, but the US can't actually do anything to help because those Neo-Nazis don't officially exist and/or are being covered up by people who agree with their ideology.
That works too, yeah.
>>
>>62454031
I'll only bother to say this in the dying thread now that we've got a new one but watching /co/ on, what, their third thread on this subject? I think they're celebrating too hard. I'd much rather he got fired over his shitty writing than his shitty tweets. I mean he was one of the architects of the post Endor galaxy. Guess I shouldn't complain too much, I couldn't even make it through the first Aftermath novel and didn't bother to read the other two.
>>
>>62459837
Yeah, well aliens are not diverse enough.
>>
I just wanna BE Revan.
>>
>>62458664
The reason why he got popular with Lucasfilm was because of his fanbase. They are powerful
>>
>>62459091
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mon_Cala
>Mon Cala, also known as Mon Calamari or Dac
>>
>>62460795
And it's literally just in the Databank giving Dac as one of the names. Every other mention of the planet, from TCW to the comics, calls it Mon Cala.
>>
>>62460813
>And it's literally just in the Databank giving Dac
Which is 100% canon.
>>
>>62460935
And? Your point is? Nothing I said is inaccurate. Yes, it has the name Dac, but at this point it is ONLY in the Databank that it has that name. No other publication currently gives the planet that name, only Mon Cala.

The one I originally replied to says that it's still Dac, but that's false. No story portrays that as being true, only the Databank, and even then the Databank only says

>Mon Cala
>Also known as Mon Calamari or Dac
>>
>>62460935
>>62461011
so you both got confused and yelled over a whole lotta nothing?
>>
>>62461011
>Yes, it has the name Dac, but at this point it is ONLY in the Databank that it has that name
So? It's still canon meaning its name is also Dac
>>
>>62461056
That was never my point. Yes, it has that name canonically, but ONLY according to the Databank.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.