[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Experimental Edition

Previously: >>62422721

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://scryfall.com

>Thread Topic
What new tech have you been trying recently?
>>
>TQ
Dream halls + Leyline of anticipation in Kruphix. I love it so much.
>>
I can't stand people that make kingmaker plays, there's a difference between working together to kill some one and "lol I'll just cast this to hand the win to this dude because I die during my end step hurr".

Also I think I'm getting sick of my playgroup, they're all so passive and will just sit and not attack one another for ages and none of them play anywhere near enough answers anymore, it's just become a cold war stalemate that will eventually end with either one guy pulling off his 1 infinite combo or some one hits an overrun effect.
>>
>>62443018
>will just sit and not attack one another for ages
what's the purpose? You should make a super fast aggro deck to teach them it' not how mtg work.Kari Zev of Zurgo Bellstriker as RDW pw are super efficient and pull excellent results in 1v1 cedh. I know multi is a different cake but you should be able to kill at least one dude, and maybe a second one before getting killed.
>>
>>62443163
My oldest deck is Xenagod, has several creatures in it that will one shot or 2 shot anyone on 40ish life.

I have no idea why they play like this, tonight some one made 17 3/3 goblin tokens and didn't attack with any of them at all ever, games take at least 25 minutes longer because of this taboo of attacking people for non lethal damage.
>>
File: 1113310.jpg (35 KB, 323x450)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Running a wide Selesnya Angel Tokens deck

What are the prettiest angel tokens in your opinion?
>>
>>62443231
As in simply 4/4 flying? Shadows Over Innistrad or M14.
>>
File: 1[1].jpg (101 KB, 488x680)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>62443231
Too bad it's not suitable for most angel producing effects.
>>
File: 1b[1].jpg (133 KB, 488x680)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>62443231
>>62443301
Go fullscreen.
>>
>>62443018
I'm guilty of this but I think it's more strategic than anything.
Like I don't like to make any enemies right off the bat and then I slowly build my board until my opponents are helpless, then I attack.
For example I'll set myself up for some reanimator combos with Sheoldred, Reaper from the Abyss, Gravepact. Then I'll use Hell's Caretaker to start saccing little creatures and playing Iona for blue and Elesh Norn and shit.
>>
>>62443549
That's a bit different from "I have 51 power worth of dudes in play, I better just pass the turn instead of putting a beating on some one". They'll establist a board with synergy etc and then continue to not attack one another, it's fucking boring playing like that every game.
>>
>>62443231
The one you posted is the hottest best angel, I'll always like Avacyn Restored angel token.
>>
Going to make a pretty casual/jank Ramos with charms, commands, Maze's End + gates, Door to Nothingness, and Legacy Weapon. Got any recommendations for secret spice?
>>
>>62443727
Not much spice left to be had, but the new card that reborn hopes three times will do some work.
>>
File: Cloven Casting_ARB.jpg (122 KB, 488x680)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>62443727
>>
>TQ
Tainted Aether in Gitrog, its not entirely creature heavy and I got all the protection for gitrog him so I got high hopes for it, also brewing GAAIV but not sure about reliable wincons besides elocutors + paradox haze and approach or if I shouldn't go as heavy on the control
>>
I need help. I want to do two things: use cost reducers/rocks, and cast crazy stylish nonsense. What general would you recommend? Maelstrom Wanderer? Can it ever be good?
>>
>>62443231
Jason A. Engle tokens
>>
File: 1532909818621.png (410 KB, 604x604)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>Have 3 decks forever
>Try to build literally any new general
>Take it apart in 2 weeks and go back to those 3
>>
>>62443163
This. Or make a stax control that denies them any kind of cold war and makes them actively participate in getting rid of you (pro tip: they won't be able to)
>>
>>62444221
Which three?
>>
File: 1499829621537.jpg (122 KB, 512x512)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>62444289

Sharuum, Angry Omnath & Nekusar.
>>
>>62443377
I have the foil token of this and the Thopter token. I quite like them.
>>
>>62443727
Maze's End should probably be treated as a separate build in my opinion. The Charms setup leans into a spell-slinger deck that Ramos supports heavily through its easily accessible color fixing.

For creatures you've got:
>Taigam, Ojutai Master
He essentially acts as a Boseiju level of protection for both your spells and commander. Rebound also resolves as a cast trigger for Ramos.
>Galvanoth
A 3/3 for 5 is a pretty bad rate, but it can generate some value for free on your upkeep and gets better with topdeck tutors.
>Prime Speaker Zegana
If Ramos is on the field, Zegana will draw you 7 cards bare minimum. Enough said.
>Padeem, Consul of Innovation/ Leonin Abunas
Ramos is a massive magnet for removal. These dudes mitigate that weakness. Padeem might also draw you a card every now and then.

For spells:
>Bring to Light/ Mizzix's Mastery/ Unexpected Results
All of these spells CAST other spells as a part of their resolution. These result in additional color-check triggers on Ramos. Maximum value.

Hadana's Climb is the only enchantment I run that doesn't double mana or copy spells. Almost guarantees a KO with commander damage if Ramos goes unblocked.
>>
>>62442820
What is the best thing to do with Bant staples and landbase? I've tried Derevi and Roon and hate both. I don't want to run Rafiq because I already have a voltron general. Should I run another Bant General? Should I split it up into different decks? I currently have Marduchesa Pillowfort, Mimeoplasm Re-animator Voltron, and Nekusar Wheels. I guess i'd like something spellslinger.
>>
>>62444597

Bant is just really boring. Unless you want to play enchantress for some reason, I would just do something else.
>>
>>62444671
bant would nice to play if a decent general existed
>>
>>62444791
outside or derevi ofc
>>
>>62444671
Thinking about it I might do some major deck switching. I don't have a spell slinger deck.I'm looking at GAAIV pillowfort and control and taking Marduchesa apart and shifting to something else. I'm torn because I'm very happy with my Mimeoplasm filling the role of Reanimator and Voltron but the only other thing that Mardu translates to is either Voltron, Reanimator and idk if i should have two of thosse deck types especially since my main competitor is Scarab God. I guess i could do aristocrats but I was planning on making a Ghave aristocrats since I opened a Doubling Season...

I guess just fucking kill me because I'm having a magic identity crisis.
>>
File: disgust.png (1.34 MB, 1920x1080)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gruul-moms-wombo-combo-starring-purphoros/?cb=1539317680
Need to cut something for Empty the Warrens, thinking Doublecast might be what needs to go unless someone here thinks something better to cut, any other input is welcome
>>
No judge thread is up, so I apologize for the dumb question, but does this land count as having an activated ability? Doing an “activated abilities matter” deck
>>
>>62445036
Lands have the intrinsic activated ability to tap for mana. Even if it isn't on the card.
>>
>>62445061
Gotcha, but if the land is doing something specific that targets with a mana cost, does that count as an activated ability as it has a mana cost?
>>
>>62445113
If the same ability was on a creature; would it be an activated ability?

If you need to manually activate an ability, its an activated ability.
>>
>>62445036
Yes it's an activated non-mana ability
>>62444902
Try looking through all the legendaries and maybe you'll find an interesting one to build, plenty of those that are jank or even work in opposition to their colors usual play
>>
>>62445113
most lands have an activated ability which adds mana. that's a special ability called a mana ability. some lands have additional abilities which aren't mana abilities.

why do you want to know?
>>
>>62445142
>>62445167
Thank you both! New to the game so was just making sure
>>
>>62445142
Unless it's a special game action like morphing something face up or suspending a card.

Everything templated as "Cost: Effect" is an activated ability, I don't believe there's an exception to that rule.

>>62444597
I don't know about the "best" thing to do with Bant landbases, but they're the only white tri-color combination with all eight duals that are also Plains if you're fond of Emeria the Sky Ruin.
>>
>>62444313
All the tokens with the borderless fullscreen have a foil regular version on the back.
>>
>>62444983
>thought vessel
>gruul signet
>darksteel ingot
>gruul cluestone
it's weird to run rocks in a green deck. especially since you don't have nature's lore/kodama's reach.

it's also weird that you have 1 mana elf and a zhur-taa druid.
>>
>>62445113
Anything that has a ":" in it has an activated ability.
>>
>>62445061
No? The basic land types (Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, Forest) provide an implied "Tap: Add (Colored mana)" ability, but lands without one of those types and without a printed ability to tap for mana (example: Maze of Ith) cannot tap for mana.
>>
If it has a colon and makes mana from that ability, it's a Mana ability, period. Phyrexian Altar and Ashnod's Altar both have Mana abilities, and they're special because if you have effects that trigger when a creature dies, they can't respond to your sacrificing the creature because your effect makes mana.
>>
>>62445061
Giving any permanent a basic land type gives them ability to tap for that land type's mana.
>>
>>62445503
Nope. The rules specifically say:
>A land with a basic land type has the intrinsic ability “{T}: Add [mana symbol],” even if the text box doesn’t actually contain that text or the object has no text box. For Plains, [mana symbol] is {W}; for Islands, {U}; for Swamps, {B}; for Mountains, {R}; and for Forests, {G}. See rule 107.4a. See also rule 605, “Mana Abilities.”

So, if you somehow appended "Mountain" onto a creature without also making it a land creature, it gets nothing for it.
>>
>>62445271
I use the rocks with paradox engine since I can't untap lands with it, and if I didn't run rocks I would face endless bitching from everyone. Also just running every single ramp card would just slow down the deck considerably especially since cultivate/kodama reach grab 1 tapped and 1 to hand. Maybe if I had a dryad arbor I would run nature's lore but the deck hasn't done me wrong yet besides getting mana flood a few games which makes me think the land count should be reduced by 1 or 2.
>>62445475
The topic in question stemmed from whether or not Minamo's 2nd ability is an activated ability which it is, it's not an "activated mana" ability like BoP or using Minamo for it's first ability, old rulings use to be able to mess with mana ability which is why Icy Manipulator was an amazing card back then but not so much now
>>
File: 213[1].jpg (210 KB, 672x936)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>62445475
>If it has a colon and makes mana from that ability, it's a Mana ability, period.
Incorrect.
Mana abilities can't have targets, for instance.
>>
>>62445574
Specifically, they can't have targets or be loyalty abilities, so Koth's -2 isn't one either.
Not sure why we brought up mana abilities though.
>>
>>62445569
>I use the rocks with paradox engine since I can't untap lands with it
you can just put in earthcraft/cryptolith rite and suddenly your goblin tokens tap for mana.

in general i think it's a bad idea to run rocks in green decks. rocks get destroyed or bounced. lands are the most secure form of ramp. is paradox engine a crucial part of your deck? it fits much better in big mana artifact decks.

doubling season seems like it would be okay in your deck.

>Also just running every single ramp card would just slow down the deck considerably especially since cultivate/kodama reach grab 1 tapped and 1 to hand.
i'm not sure what this even means. you just cast kodama's reach and pass your turn. people don't have to wait while you get the lands.

>Maybe if I had a dryad arbor I would run nature's lore
you have cinder glade and stomping ground. i'm not sure what dryad arbor has to do with it.

>the deck hasn't done me wrong yet
well then i guess it was perfect already huh
>>
>>62445656
>you can just put in earthcraft/cryptolith rite and suddenly your goblin tokens tap for mana.
Cryptolith Rite is in the deck
>in general i think it's a bad idea to run rocks in green decks. rocks get destroyed or bounced. lands are the most secure form of ramp. is paradox engine a crucial part of your deck? it fits much better in big mana artifact decks.
My meta isn't that cutthroat in artifact besides the occasional vandalblast which is easy to recover from, since Wort's all-around conspire goes off tapping creatures, paradox engine is invaluable to that process
>doubling season seems like it would be okay in your deck
I agree but its a little more on the expensive side compared to Parallel Lives which I am running
>i'm not sure what this even means. you just cast kodama's reach and pass your turn. people don't have to wait while you get the lands
Slower ramp, would rather get them in untapped and skyshroud claim does just that, cultivate is in the deck because I needed to slot another ramp in case explore's draw ever failed me
>you have cinder glade and stomping ground. i'm not sure what dryad arbor has to do with it.
3 total nonbasic forest/mountains, once I grab those there's no need to ramp even harder
>well then i guess it was perfect already huh
Wouldn't say that, its an average deck that more aggressive metas would smash face into it before I could get off many shenanigans. Just came to ask for advice on possible cuts but I don't see a valid reason to cut the rocks because that would leave me more venerable to MLD
>>
File: ddd-17-nature-s-lore.jpg (222 KB, 672x936)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>62445902
> would rather get them in untapped and skyshroud claim does just that
nature's lore also puts the land onto the battlefield untapped.
>>
>>62446082
I guess I can replace cultivate with it then especially since its Terese Nielsen art. Still need to make a cut for Empty the Warrens and I feel Doublecast will be that cut
>>
File: Gemstone Caverns_TSP.jpg (124 KB, 488x680)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Worth an include in most decks? Three out of four games, maybe more if you play with more people, you won't be going first and if you get this in your opening hand, it's functionally a mox that requires you to go down a card, but if you don't get it, it's still a land that comes into play untapped. Worth?
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (33 KB, 223x310)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Any good pingers and things for rakdos?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-brings-the-fun/
Worried I don't have enough and considering lightning bolt.
>>
>>62446417
Nettle Drone is probably the best just because with Rakdos you can get your eldrazi for cheap without the need to swing with him but don't discredit Thermal Alchemist and Lobber Crew.
Think there's a new defender pinger in GRN too but not too sure
>>
File: 1530044270033.jpg (144 KB, 800x800)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Do you guys ever consider your mana curve per effect type? So for instance, a separate curve for ramp, card advantage, removal/interaction, bombs, general value stuff, etc.
I feel like doing so might help making deckbuilding decisions.
>>
>>62446416
Most of the time it’s pretty worthless, it’s pretty rare you can manage anything too explosive with it in EDH
>>
>>62446716
Nope. I probably should, but generally I don't care. I just make sure I don't have too many high cmc cards overall and hope for the best.
>>
>>62446716
There's a few formulas I use at times, this being one of them:

100 - commander = 99. - lands = 66. You have your primary theme - devote at least six slots to that. You're at 60. You then have four things you need to do - Ramp, Card Advatage, Defense(Removal), and Offense. 15 for each. Adjust based on mana curve and needs.
>>
>>62446498
I would like to avoid Eldrazi, but thanks for the other suggestions.
>>
>>62446716

I look at it a lot for ramp effects. If my general costs 4, and my goal is to cast him a turn early I wont bother with 3 cast ramp cards. Just little stuff like that, nothing super in depth usually.
>>
>>62446417
Impact Tremors might work
>>
>>62447011
Hmm, I think it might be too late. You want to play something while rakdos is on the field, unless it's a cheap pinger. Of course I see the logic of having it there if you need to extend your small dudes so they damage the turn they come in.
>>
File: 139.jpg (65 KB, 312x445)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>62447040
play low cost pingers and high cost colorless
>>
>>62446416
It's worth it in super fast, competitive decks that care more about it being a conditional, second copy of Mox Diamond. It isn't really worth running in 75% or casual metas, also like Mox Diamond, since those decks aren't usually built to mitigate the card disadvantage or the extremely aggressive curve that the card wants you to have.
>>
File: IMG_1100.png (6.18 MB, 1656x2208)
6.18 MB
6.18 MB PNG
>>62446716
I tried laying out my Sidisi deck like this. Couldn't take a good pic, unfortunately.
>>
>>62447138
Already in. Also I'm autistic so I refuse Eldrazi in my rakdos deck.
>>
>>62447456
This deck looks comfy nice anon
>>
https://scryfall.com/card/ana/5/inspiring-commander?utm_source=mw_MTGWiki

Why is this card arena exclusive?
>>
>>62448052

because he breaks the color pie
>>
>>62448052
That thing is absolutely bonkers. It's pretty much a card that goes in any token deck.
>>
>>62447891
Thanks, it's my favorite deck. Always actively tuning it, most recent addition is finally getting fetches (in-color for now).
>>
>>62448052
Could exist in the future but its there because its given to you in the tutorial matches.
Duels origins had made up cards in story mode that never became real cards so do not expect it.
>>
>>62448309
Only thing I see is how do you use your infinite palinchron mana? Villainous Wealth someones deck? Sac and recast Sidisi to make a lot of tokens?
>>
>>62448708
Create infinite mana, then move Navigator over to Sidisi to mill entire library then reanimate everything and from there there's multiple ways to win.
>>
I played three games of EDH yesterday. I won two of them. All three were four man pods. None of them were fun. I just don’t know what to do. It just all seems so arbitrary. I even got to do the thing in these games. Unesh drew a bunch of cards by playing oodles of Sphinxes. Marchesa got to make people jump through hoops during combat. Jori En cast spells that cast spells. But it just was all blah.

I guess I’m just tired of feeling either helpless or unstoppable. I want my old meta back. I want back and forths. This just feels like five hours of coin flips.
>>
>>62449340
>Helpless or unstoppable

Sounds like the problem is in how you (and others in your group for that matter) built your decks. It's a symptom of not having enough removal and disruption at the table. I'm going to guess you never ran enough, and the rest of your group had enough to compensate. Add more to your decks, and try to convince others to do the same (best way to do that is to be like "oh boy I sure am glad nobody had could get rid of "X" so it could win me the game".)

Run more removal, you will like the results.
>>
>>62449552
This.
I posted my Sidisi deck a few posts up, and it has a winrate of something like 90% in my group right now because the only graveyard hate anybody runs is Bojuka Bogs and the random Deathrite Shaman here and there.
After winning games, I've begun bringing attention to how fragile my deck might be if something like a Rest In Peace or Torpor Orb might resolve. And it seems to be working on at least one of my friends who is constantly changing his deck with new answers to the meta.
>>
>>62449552
I dunno if that’s it. People are just playing stronger stuff that is relatively resilient. I run oodles of removal, but I’ll admit I don’t run Demonic or Mystical Tutor to guarantee I draw it.

Like the Marchesa game I had Merciless Eviction which I cast to get rid of Avacyn, Zacama, Vorinclex, Marit Lage and fair bit of other creatures. I also had a Swords for the second Marit Lage. I ended up dying to a hasty Ulvenwald Hydra with trample, double strike because despite answering all that shit from before, I didn’t have an answer for that at that moment. Or to be more realistic, I didn’t have any strong enough threats to prevent him from getting to a position where he can do all that.

It really is more that I don’t run enough absurd and resilient threats and instead run a lot of disruption and answers. But everyone else is content to roll over and die when someone has an absurd boardstate and I end up having to answer all of it. But my answers run out and everyone else’s threats are plentiful. In the games where I am unstoppable, they don’t have any good answers to deal with it. I cloned an Avacyn with my monoblue deck and Duplicant’d the original. One deck had a wrath but it didn’t exile. The other deck had no exile in it at all. They just sat there, being sad. It is just frustrating. And if I add stronger threats to my deck to try to get them to run better removal, they won’t, they’ll just roll over and die and complain but ultimately accept it.
>>
File: ody-164-tainted-pact.jpg (227 KB, 672x936)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>62442820
>What new tech have you been trying recently?
cEDH decks are turning to Demonic Pact/Tainted Pact and my Breya is too. This is a more compact way to go for a LabMan or assemble Dramatic Scepter. Other decks turning this path are Shimmer Zur and Kess Storm.
>>
>>62449642
Sounds like there are a lot of high impact creatures in your meta. Consider running interaction that severely hoses strategies like that? Stuff like Humility.
>>
I got the Lannisters in a box, how do I build them? I've heard that they shit out emblems and copy like crazy, but I don't really get how.
>>
>>62449674
I have Humility in one of my decks, but it doesn’t fit all my decks and while it would certainly win me games, it won’t fix the issue of my game’s being unfun.

Drawing a card that deletes my opponent’s deck because they are bad deckbuilders is the exact opposite of a back and forth.
>>
>>62449772
Well, it sounds to me like the issue primarily lies with your playgroup's deckbuilding then. Can't really help you much there beyond you just talking with them about it.
>>
>>62449804
That is literally what I said. I don’t like my meta and it is creating unfun games regardless of whether I win or lose.

Talking to them won’t do much. I’m just a small part of this whole thing. One guy won’t stick any better removal because he is hellbent on running 66 lands since it is his “land deck” (it does surprising work). Another takes things personally and gets upset. Another has competitive lists, but they are even more miserable to play against since it is like playing archenemy but your allies may as well not exist so he just plays his “bad” decks. It is just all over the place and there isn’t a good solution. At this moment, I just have to accept that I’ll only have fun games if the stars align.
>>
>>62449867
How about setting unconventional goals for your decks, or just building weird shit? That might increase your enjoyment.
Personally I've always wanted to build a suicide deck where the goal isn't to win but rather to kill myself as fast as possible and in as spectacular a fashion as possible.
Or something like an "oops! all spells" deck, although this would require outrageous budget to be even remotely anything.
Or 5color God tribal with Karona, False God as your commander.

Deckbuilding restrictions and themes are always fun imo.
>>
File: 20180620_230205.jpg (670 KB, 1833x1487)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
>>62449695
I have them, and I love them. Just play it UR control, but mostly protecting the twins. The key is knowing when to throw them down and when to just play it safe. Will is the workhorse, but Rowan ult is key to success. When things go well, things go well. Pic related.
>>
>>62450175
If you copy one of the PW abilities with the Rowan emblem, do you get twice the counters?
>>
>>62449642
>Like the Marchesa game I had Merciless Eviction which I cast to get rid of Avacyn, Zacama, Vorinclex, Marit Lage and fair bit of other creatures
>Avacyn, Zacama, Vorinclex, Marit Lage and fair bit of other creatures
>All out at the same time

Yeah, you have a huge fucking removal problem in your meta.
>>
>>62450175
I really want wondertwins too, but my friend plays them. Chaos Wand is the new meta, especially with Paradox Engine
>>
>>62450265
Putting the counters on there or removing them is the cost, not the result. so no.
>>
File: Doubling Season_RAV.jpg (135 KB, 488x680)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>62450265
No. Adding or reducing counters is a cost, not an effect. The ability is copied, cost isn't. Same reason why Doubling Season only modifies the loyalty counters that are put on walkers when they ETB and not when you use their + abilities.
>>
>>62450265
Planeswalker abilities are activated abilities, so yes. If you have a Rowan emblem and then make a Will or another Rowan emblem, you get 2 emblems. Double Rowan into a will -2 is fucking gas, too.

However, no. Putting counters on a Walker is part of the cost, not the ability, ergo no extra counters.

>>62450281
Seems like a lot of mana, and a waste of Parodox Engine, honestly. PE essentially reads "5 mana artifact: you win the game"
>>
>>62450343
You can easily go infinite with CW and PE, if you can activate CW. You don't need any cards in hand for the PE.
>>
File: 1473797469508.jpg (43 KB, 538x593)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>62444221
I have never taken a deck apart.
I have a filing cabinet full of decks.
It's bad.
I mean 3 different modern goblin decks bad.
Do I have a mental health issue?
>>
>>62450434
Oh right, fair. I was thinking the shitty new polymorph artifact. Chaos wand is legit.
>>
File: 5414914978.jpg (34 KB, 223x310)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I know this is not a rules thread but I have a question about something that came up in our last game. If I snapcast a spell with buyback, can I buyback it and return it to my hand or does it still get exiled because of flashback?
>>
>>62450490
The card is exiled. Flashback sets up a replacement effect that states that if the card would move from the stack to anywhere, exile it instead.
>>
>>62450469
My friend (who plays Wondertwins) actually went infinite with Chaos Wand against an opponent using Nexus of Fate.
>>
>>62449967
Oh, brewing has yet to stop being fun. I brew all the fucking time. But I got piles of decks and I have stopped myself from putting every deck idea into paper because it ends up eating a lot of money and time. I am having fun brewing though. I got some silly shit planned.
>>
>>62450505
Yea. As soon as I realized what it was, I made a note to grab one for them. However, I am still super salty about Nexus because despite buying a box, I didn't get one, and it spiked hard.
>>
>>62450267
Yeah, I didn’t get rid of a Regal Behemoth so he cast Zacama, hit me to get Monarch back, cast Vorinclex and with the Vorinclex mana got Avacyn. Marit Lage was Dark Depths combo from another player who ended up hitting the guy with Avacyn and Zacama after giving it pro white.

It all kind of happened at once. I’ll admit I shouldn’t had something for the Regal, but I did what I could. One guy was essentially playing a joke deck that ran shit like Syphon Soul. The other was lands who just uses Glacial Chasm to be greedy and not die to clogged board states. The other was Zacama.

Anyway, this doesn’t really add much to the story. I just figured I’d explain. Not complaining.
>>
>>62447456
12 ways to ramp AND 39 lands....
Explain yourself.
>>
What are some fun voltron commanders?
>>
>>62444307
haven't tried the artifact waifu?
>>
>>62450738
Still dont know if i should just make her eggs or storm.
>>
>>62444597
Any reason why yo hate Derevi and Roon?
Rafiq and Jenara might seem voltron but you could make them laid-back control style with a commander to finish off. Rubinia is dumb and weak as a deck. Arcades is a meme. The rest are either enchantress or not worth it.

You still have hopes in Partners, maybe Thrasios+Sidar Kondo or something else unexplored
>>
>>62450755
Eggs is just a clunky storm. I run her as combo but storm also worked very well. For low power games, I go with lots of artifact synergy, using her -4/-4 ability to control the game and win either with combo or plain damage
>>
>>62450707
A shit ton. You could probably make a list a fun voltron commanders for each color and each color combo.
>>
>>62450738

I already have Sharuum.
>>
>>62449673
>demonic consultation or tainted pact for isorev
Are you just hoping that you dont exile your piece with consultation? And is pact worth playing without a singleton manabase?
>>
>>62450853
I was thinking eggs just because they feed breya letting me do whatever i need to with her abilities when im not ready to blow my load yet.
>>
File: 1538149418777.jpg (67 KB, 680x547)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>reverberate a pact of negation to make sure combo nerd doesnt kill us all
>assclown chaos player slams blood moon on his turn
>all of my blue sources are nonbasic
>ask him to reconsider
>NAH BRAH WOULDNT BE CHAOS IF I TRIED TO CONTROL IT XD
Chaos fags GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1536887439648.jpg (54 KB, 335x1200)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>62451020
>dying to a pact under any circumstance
>doki posting
Lmao @ ur life
>>
>>62450959
Consultation is often used to exile your library when LabMan is already somewhere else. I've used it as a tutor, but is kind of a Russian roulette. I haven't lost to it yet.
You can't run Pact in a non-singleton manabase. For that reason, most decks with Doomsday and Pact are not running Gush anymore. Singleton manabase is not that hard to achieve, even in 4c decks.

>>62450984
Thats viable, althou pretty slow. Eggs should run as a all-in storm, so having them around with Breya out just for control is risking too much.

>>62450874
I sugested her because shes definitely stronger than Sharuum. Even if Sharuum was my first EDH deck ever and still holds a place in my heart, Breya is just all I could ever ask for.
>>
>>62451106
Do you have a list for your breya build? Right now mine is a lot of precon mashed with what was my sharuum/sydri artifact accidental combo deck.
>>
File: Breya_dec.png (26 KB, 307x573)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>62451136
Right now my only list is the budgeted cEDH one, which is still $1250 I'll post it if you still want it. A fully tuned version would go up to +$3000 but that's mostly on ABUR Lands and RL cards.
I don't have the casual Breya build list but will help you if you want to with some ideas
>>
>>62451106
What do you think about running consultation in Tasigur? I avoided both of those initally because exiling my wincons is a possibility in favor of flash hulk for seedborn muse or mana dorks to set up for isorev
>>
>>62443997
Sunastian falconer, gives you a free extra Sol ring.
>>
>>62451296
Budget is fine and it would give me some ideas, right now mine is just trying to use breya and cheap artifacts to control the board till we can win on inevitability or cheat out blightsteel. I will say since it was sydri i have a lot more resiliance and staying power in multiplayer.
>>
>>62451305
Thats a good question. I don't have a Tasigur deck yet but I'd really like to build him. I'm sure if you are running LabMan it'd do just as well. Just tutor up your pieces befor going off. Also, Intuition for Demonic Consultation+LabMan+Unearth, with the ability to recover one card from your gy is just as good.
If you are not running LabMan, then Consultation might be too much too dangerous.
>>62451479
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-03-18-doomsday-breya/
I guess you already have KCI and Nim Deathmantle, if not, make it first in your list.
>>
Anybody excited for the new gobbos we've been getting recently? There are some really neat little gems like Goblin Instigator, Goblin Motivator, Cratermaker, and Legion Warboss. I'm even running Torch Courier because getting haste on Krenko is that important.
>>
>tfw you want to build 5 or 6 new decks but can't seem to focus on getting stuff for them one at a time.
>>
>>62451546
>>62451479
The list has still Worldgorger combo in it but I'm replacing it with Tainted Pact lines and more interaction.

Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal is the easiest and most compact 2 card combo, and Breya is an infinite mana outlet. Just make sure to run enough mana rocks.
>>
>>62451546
Thanks man i apreciate it
>>
>>62450704
I want to turbo out my commander on turn 3 and drop large impactful shit the following few turns. There is always stuff to use the mana on, the more the better. And missing a landdrop is devastating. I am considering cutting it down to 38 or 37 lands though.
>>
>>62451571
Running cratermaker is grixis marchesa and it's been putting in good work, blowing up artifacts and utility creatures every turn. You can even sac it twice in the same turn to get rid of bigger stuff like gin gitaxis. It hasn't come up yet but I also like how it's worded in such a way that you can take out Eldrazi too.
>>
>>62451776
If you're consistently hitting 7 lands, it might be worth going for phantasmal image so you can win with phantasmal + palinchron.
>>
someone post 1-800-ARE-YOU-FLAPPIN
>>
>>62451846
Yeah for sure. It's actually been on my wants list for that reason (among other reasons) for a long time, but I just haven't bought one yet since it's somewhat expensive for an effect I already kinda have covered.
>>
>>62451776
Considering that curve, I'd still go down to 36 lands and more efficient ramp. You are in green, so go balls deep in the ramp and put all the CMC1 dorks you can fit in. People wont waste a removal in a dork and you will be much more ahead on your curve than the rest.
BoP, Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Elves of Deep Shadow, Elvish Mystic.
Exploration is also really good, and if there is enough blue in your meta, Carpet of Flowers is a powerhouse.
I'd cut out every tap land. Try to get BG Fast Land and the UB Battlebond while they are cheap.
>>62451966
Jeez, that shit hit like $1-2 when reprinted on MM17 and the humans deck was already a thing by then. Modern is hitting hard
>>
>>62451966
It is kinda expensive yeah, but it's the only clone that can combo off with palinchron. The 3cmc one from core 19 does give you infinite etb and infinite storm count, but doesn't gain you any mana. Also, your curve is pretty high, so dropping a 4+ mana clone for phantasmal might make your deck curve better. To add to that, I think having both consecrated sphinx and nezahal is pretty greedy, maybe you should consider dropping one of them for something like a windfall if you need more CA. But yeah, just some food for thought.
>>
>>62452040
I just kinda hate dorks. I don't like if my mana sources fold to board wipes (my meta has a lot of them). Sure it would make my deck faster, but at this point I kinda like the speed it has and don't particularly want to increase its power level in that regard.
Regarding tap lands, yeah I'm working on it. Got the last two shocks on the way and will be investing in the last 6 fetchlands over time. I won't get fastlands and bondlands though, I'd rather run a basic at that point (half the games I play in my meta are 1v1 so bondlands are not great).
Good advice though, thanks anon.
>>
>>62451955
I’m mobile posting and can’t seem to save this shit. Here.

https://twitter.com/solarpunrobot/status/948043869496758272?s=20
>>
>>62452099
I only run 2 clone effects atm, my Palinchron combo is with Deadeye Navigator atm. But yeah Phantasmal Image would be a great addition, and I'll get one sooner or later.
Also yeah, I've been considering cutting Consecrated Sphoinx. It's a little slow and is purely a removal magnet. Often I'd rather reanimate a Mulldrifter than the Sphinx. Nezahal is a fucking resilient nigga though, and being a discard outlet is actually often relevant. One of my favorite bombs in the deck.
Card advantage has literally never been an issue in the deck. I always consider Sidisi's etb / attack trigger as essentially a draw3 because my meta doesn't play much if any graveyard hate.
>>
>>62452147
By the time the first wrath hits the board, you'll be much more ahead on your game by playing dorks. They are also fuel for your Dread Return.
Fair point about fast lands and battlebond. Fast lands are more cEDH oriented since you usually just need 2-3 lands and the fast mana rocks
>>
So, I had an idea for a Squee, Goblin Nabob deck that involved using a lot of looting effects to use the bugger as card advantage without casting him. Now, I already have a monored deck and I’ve been itching to rebuild Lyzolda, my main bloodwitch from years ago. I now realized I can combine the ideas and make a Tymmaret deck that uses some sac and some fun looting.

What are some fun ideas of cards to discard Tym Tam and Squee to in RB? Trading Post, Mask of Memory, Faithless Looting and pretty good, but are there some real weirdos y’all can think of?
>>
>>62452315
The idea of discarding Squee is already used in Daretti, not sure if you have tried it already.
If you want specifically RB, I'd make the deck first and in the process check if you want Swee or not
>>
>>62450707
Kalemne
>>
>>62452411
Yeah, fair. I do like things like this with Tymmaret though. Too bad they were smart enough to put a once a turn restriction. Still, 3 mana trigger morbid, death triggers and maybe get a bat from that new card could be fun.

I’ll fuck around with it. This deck doesn’t need this sort of shenanigans (after all, I have black for card draw), but it could be fun.
>>
Opinions on Ruhan?
>>
>>62452491
I tried building a voltrony deck with him and extra combat steps and turns. It never made it out of brainstorming since I decided it would either end up boring or trash.
>>
Do you guys reckon Asssassin's Trophy will fall in price at all in the future? Or should one just bite the bullet now.
>>
>>62448695
It's standard legal on arena though
>>
>>62452315
G R E E L
become the absolute madman
>>
>>62443954
>Tainted Aether in Gitrog
My nigga
>On-demand card draw becomes even easier
>in a pinch, loops with Titania to destroy all your lands and make that many elementals and probably draw that many cards (careful with this one)
TA has paid off tremendously in my own amphibian build (https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-frogs/?cb=1539359104)

>>62444791
>pic

>>62446716
To some extent you have to if you want a playable deck. You won't get far in monoU if your own draw spells are Jin-Git, ConSphinx, Enter the Infinite...

>>62447456
>>62448309
Looks like a fun time

>>62450707
I played Mirri Voltron/Enchantresses and it was actually pretty cool
>>
File: 1518070620196.gif (520 KB, 265x370)
520 KB
520 KB GIF
>>62451955
just 4 u anon
>>
>>62452432
>sugesting boros
Don't be rude, anon
>>
>>62452491
Multiplayer or 1v1?
>>
>>62452583
It will. But Modern will keep its price up a bit. Won't be bulk, but maybe gets around $12 or so
>>
File: KessDissdentMage.jpg (19 KB, 300x300)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Any suggestions on how to get more out of Kess?
>>
>>62452756
Multiplayer.
>>
>>62452754
B-but she's fun
>>
>>62452789
Play wanderwine prophet
>>
>>62452789
Entomb, Final Parting
>>
File: 1537148642339.jpg (119 KB, 1080x1170)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Jeskai, Temur, and Abzan desperately need new commanders.
>>
>>62452847
That's for Inalla, anon
>>62452789
Storm? Combo? I've seen some good Kiki Twin lists
>>
>>62452865
Tricyles can get bent for all I care desu
>>
What deck archetypes or specific commanders best encapsulate Timmy, Johnny, and Spike? What about Timmy-Johnny, Johnny-Spike, and Timmy-Spike?

>Timmy-Spike
Probably reanimator
>>
>>62452865
Yup. Agreed. Partners helped a lot though.
>>
>>62452832
Extra combats are a fun thing to do, and can speed the game along. You're going to get hate from a decent amount of players for randomly attacking them, immature as that is. If you want to avoid it, tap effects can help. Assault suit is hilarious with Ruhan btw.
>>
>>62452951
what about Melvin, Vorthos, and Dave?
>>
>>62452968
So with assault suit, I just pass Ruhan to other people in which Ruhan must attack others unless I get chosen, then he doesn't attack at all?
>>
>>62452997
Assault suit precludes you from being an option for Ruhan's attack.
>>
>>62453024
I didn't know that, that seems pretty interesting.
>>
File: 1526171821709.gif (241 KB, 308x300)
241 KB
241 KB GIF
>>62452711
awooo so cute
>>
>>62452727
thx anon
>>
File: quentin tortellini.png (90 KB, 297x241)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
Do those high rated decks on tappedout actually work outside of partial mulligans? Every sample hand is unplayable shit, is there some tappedout mafia that spends all day upvoting their autistic "masterpieces"?
>>
>>62453029
Of course, you'll have people colluding to get rid of Ruhan by having him get eaten by a blocker, so indestructible is also pretty important.
>>
>>62453024
That's not entierly correct. Ruhan can't attack him, but his ability can still choose him during random selection. If that happens, then they get to choose who they attack during that combat.
>>
>>62453269
Does Ruhan still need to attack? How I interpreted it is that is Ruhan chooses me, Ruhan just doesn't attack that combat.
>>
>>62453109
They seem to be highly overrated 75% decks. Most likely they are high rated because paid users can Feature their decks on the front page over and over again
>>
>>62453305
he isn't forced to attack, but he is still able to be declared as an attacker normally
>>
>>62450853
>eggs is just clunky storm
No, it's cost effective storm for autism metas.
>>
I remember some anon on here talking about wanting to be allowed to run dual color cards in mono color, for example guttural response in a mono green deck, immortal servitude in a mono white deck. Obviously this can expand to running guttural in your selesnya deck or servitude in your boros deck.

I was wondering people's thoughts on this and if its ever something that the rules committee would realistically implement.

Personally I like the idea, although I haven't given much thought to potentially problematic cards, but the idea of giving more options to deck building sounds fun, and a lot of these types of cards have some really sweet effects.
>>
>>62453381
No.
>>
>>62453381
Shut up maro
>>
>>62453381
>but the idea of giving more options to deck building sounds fun
One of EDH's strengths as a format is exactly the color identity restriction on deckbuilding. Weakening that restriction is not desirable - more options will make the format less significant.
>>
>>62453381
Shit is impossible to regulate in a way that doesn’t result in weird shit. No, it doesn’t really make sense that you can run Darksteel Ingot in a monoblue deck but not Izzet Signet. Or that Quenchable Fire can only be run in URX. But you at some point will get people arguing that Cut // Ribbons can be run in monored and they use City of Brass to cast Ribbons for lethal. Or that there’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to run Avacyn in my monoblack reanimator deck. Or that the whole point of Phyrexian Mana was to let off color decks run it so everyone starts running Dismember.
>>
Anons, I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Humility for my Hanna. Did I do good?
>>
>>62453970
Now you can’t activate Hana, what were you thinking :^(?
>>
File: UKN2ADc.jpg (107 KB, 960x960)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>62453997
But he can if someone kills Humility, and then he can recast it! Seems good to me.
>>
File: 1498716861344.png (79 KB, 250x236)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>62454195
And everyone wants to kill Humility so it'll be gone before he knows it!
>>62453970
I think you did great Humility is one of my fav cards
>>
>>62453381
Some them are fine, and some of them are not. Gutteral response seems fine since stuff like pyroblast, veil of autumn, and seedtime exist. Other stuff like waves of agression or beseech the queen make less sense.

As much as I would love to run birthing pod in my grixis deck, this kind of wobbling shouldn't be done. In your playgroup you may decide to experiment though, that's part of the fun of a casual format.
>>
File: 6bf.jpg (36 KB, 640x621)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>62453970
So good. You are a cool guy anon.
>>
File: 59[1].jpg (162 KB, 672x936)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
How would you go about making a deck with the birb god that is fun?
>>
>>62453997
Usually I rarely cast her, but I like the recursion she provides. In case of Aura of Silence or Standstill for example. Nothing is as fun as recurring Standstill every turn because of one impatient retard. Except maybe recurring Solitary Confinement or Stasis I sacced with Auratog or Faith Healer.
>>
>>62448054
A 6 mana mentor of the meek breaks the color pie?
>>
>>62450707
OG Sigarda
>>
File: arcades.png (294 KB, 375x523)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
I've recently put together a list for Arcades, the Strategist. Was hoping some kind anons would give it a look and offer some feedback

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/arcadess-fortress-1/
>>
>>62454288
Blue Fliers
>>
>>62454468
>no Fortified Area
>>
>>62454537
brb
>>
>>62454288
Voltron
>>
How does tappedout determine their casual//competitive gauge?
>>
>>62454760
You mean that gauge? It's a load of shit
>>
>>62454760
Poorly
t. have a Kaervek the Merciless list that is cmc 4.3, 89% competitive
>>
>>62454760
It's easy to get 100%, and it's more tied to budget than it is to quality. I have no idea what it actually signifies, I think it's the amount of salt your deck will generate against a complainer.
>>
>>62452865
So does UW, all of them are dogshit outside of the big 5-6 and those have huge amounts of overlap.
>>
>>62455167
>outside of the big 5-6
That's almost as many as the mentioned color combinations have. In total.
>>
>>62452865
Boros, too
>>
>>62454760
Add/delete Teferi's Protection from one of your White decks and watch it dance.
>>
>>62455226
And all but the dragons were printed in the last 5 years, where as the last decent UW legend was Brago. Since then it's just been boring unimpactful shit like Raf and Azor.

Each of those wedges has maybe 1 shit commander, Temur commanders are so good that it's hard to pick on that is actually shit.
>>
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 190x265)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
This guy any good as a general, Bros? Any secret tech?
>>
File: Our new overlord.jpg (276 KB, 960x1280)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
So what are my options for Queen wincons other than the Second Sun Approach? I want to run a casual deck full of Mardu curses and all voting-related cards but I find myself lacking the "let's finish it already" cards.
>>
What is a better color combo for stax WU or WB?
>>
>>62455688
Black has endless cards to close the game and plenty of draw/tutors to find them.
debt to the deathless
torment of hailfire
Rise of the Dark Realms
Doomsday
ad nauseum
You could also just, you know, attack them with your creatures.
>>
>>62443727
Sunforger
>>
Who are the best Kamigawa commanders?
>>
>>62455865

Azami is good.
Reki and Black Iname can be cute.
Hidestugu is fun.
>>
>>62455688
Are you gaining life? If so, Felidar Sovereign and Test of Endurance.
>>
>>62455989
Not really. Some of cards I found give me extra life bit it's just a minor side effect
>>
>>62447456
Decklist?
>>
>>62455735
WU with Grand Arbiter
>>
File: 1535227257168.png (884 KB, 1000x950)
884 KB
884 KB PNG
>>62444791
>if a decent general existed
>>
File: deck.png (1.69 MB, 1564x912)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
I need some new ideas. Post your decks.

Looking to build something B/W or W/G.
>>
>>62455443
He works OK. He's a pretty solid toolbox that mostly wants to go voltron. You're going to want Invisible Stalker to avoid spot removal and circumvent blockers. You can switch after blockers are declared and before damage is done. Bontu and Thassa are good switches to give him quick indestructibility. Phyrexian Obliterator can fuck up people who try to deal damage to him. Phyrexian Dreadnought makes him into a 12/12 trampler for 1 mana. Vector Asp can give him infect until end of turn for one shot kills. You can combo him with Grimgrin and Bloodline Keeper for infinite +1/+1 counters. And you can change him into Triskelion to make premium use of them. And don't forget Necrotic Ooze.
>>
File: fabulous Jace.png (460 KB, 469x422)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
Are LGS not allowed to crack m19 planeswalker decks and sell separate cards? I can't find a single store in my country selling m19 pre-con exclusive cards outside said decks.
>>
>>62456447
Why do you say this? The only reason im leaning WB is because it has more wincons.
>>
>>62456484
>Gay, Gay, Dumb, MOMMY, Cancer, AIDS
>ASS Cancer, Bad, Gay, Trash, Fine, Meme
>>
>>62456627
Why would they want to?

There is nothing against doing it, but big sellers like channel fireball get better deals wholesale, so will beat them in singles sales every time, it's not worth it. If you live in some shithole country and don't want to cough up shipping just buy the deck.
>>
>>62456484
How often do you cast Gyrus?
>>
>>62457333
Probably three or four times. Since he scales with the mana you spend, he's pretty cool.
>>
>he thinks his proxies look real
Post cards, I'll tell you if they're real or fake.
>>
>>62457404
>>
>>62457431
Told you already senpai, it's fake. Look at this real card, particularly the text box. Your rosette pattern isn't there, or your camera is super autistic.
>>
>>62457431
for something made in Legends that looks a little too sharp, but I can't for sure without getting a closer look
>>
>>62457360
Would you recommend it over Kresh or Xira for goodstuff?
>>
>>62456053
Doomsday does work and I have a hard time thinking of ones that are better, especially if you have access to Razaketh and Lion's Eye Diamond. Without it I can't think of many great ways to generate infinite mana in Mardu, though options open if you have a Phyrexian Altar. Approach is probably solid if your meta isn't super cutthroat. Bond/Blood and Mike/Trike or Ballista work, the latter supported by Buried Alive/Victimize - you can also do this with Kiki/Twin. Insurrection is flavorful and can win games in battlecruiser meta.
>>
>>62457565
Over those two? Yes.

Over Prossh? No.
>>
>>62457599
Yeah but Prossh is gay
>>
Does anyone have a good and affordable Kaalia angel/demons decklist?
>>
>>62457404
>>
>>62457431
looks fake senpai
>>
>>62457640
He is very big gay.

Why do you think I'm using Gyrus? Unassuming and scales like Prossh.
>>
>>62457665
A scalie eh?
>>
File: [visiboru confushion].png (128 KB, 284x284)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>62457152
LGS selling their shit online are the main source of cards in my country since shipping fees are ridiculous here. I'm not sure how I feel about this - it's hard to get some cards but on the other hand I've bought an enchanted evening for $3 two days ago.
>>
>>62457737
How do you even determine the going rate of a card if you are so cut off from the rest of the world?
>>
>>62457925
That's a stupid question when he's posting on the internet.
>>
File: 20181012_200526.jpg (4.41 MB, 5312x2988)
4.41 MB
4.41 MB JPG
>>62457404
>>
>>62457937
Not really, especially when enchanted evening is $20 everywhere else. With a market that small I'm curious how prices are determined. It's like he is set 10 years in the past or something.
>>
File: true-name-nemesis.jpg (1.33 MB, 1200x900)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>62457645
Is that an eternal masters force of will playmat?

If you had a higher resolution picture, or moved your camera closer to your card, I could tell you significantly better. Now, I personally know someone who makes fakes of this set, I think it's legit. The text weight looks off on the edges because it's bent backwards, but I'm mostly guessing, my comparison pictures are a lot crisper than yours. Like look at this fake.
>>
File: 842.png (334 KB, 880x720)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>62457925
You might be shocked but I have access to Internet. I'm just not buying from big international sellers.
Prices here are weird because not all stores are updating their prices. Definitely most stores are following mcm trends but some of them just don't give a fuck - they set the price during the release, update it a few weeks/months later and that's it. It's like a time machine. You can find trash-rares ridiculously expensive because they were a thing in the ancient meta. On the other hand you can get extra expensive cards for pennies - enchanted evening is expensive because of the C18 decks but the store I was buying from has set the price years ago and never updated it again.
>>
File: 20181012_201323.jpg (3.45 MB, 4032x3024)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB JPG
>>62457958
No, it's an ultra pro playmat of Yehenni.

Here's a up closer, higher resolution photo.
>>
>>62457950
Enchanted Evening only went up to $20-$30 in price a month ago. Calm your tits.
>>
Sorry, there's no ruling thread up. Someone at my LGS said I couldn't target a basic land with Unmoored Ego because basic lands don't have a card name. I looked through the rules for names and basic lands and didn't find anything. Who's right?
>>
>>62457404
>>
>>62458150
Nah, he’s retarded. You are right. Most effects like this don’t hit basics, but Unmoored ego can since it only exiles 4 cards at most.
>>
>>62458150
You're both wrong because you didn't slap the retard upside the head for making such a stupid error, a Basic Lands name is Mountain, Forest, etc
Grab a bat and hit the ricchione with it when you get the chance.
Also there should have been a judge at the LGS.
>>
>>62458150
He's wrong, basic lands have a name. Its called Mountain, Plains, island, etc
>>
File: 1536783991477.jpg (82 KB, 500x500)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Hey, I'm a ____zur main, trying to make a meme decklist instead of cutthroat combo/voltron/gay shit. I wanna put in all the unset enchantments, but is there any other stuff in WUB I can add for dumb interactions or politics?
>>
>>62458339
You could try smashing your own dick with a hammer, it would be more entertaining to see than that garbage idea.
>>
no judge thread

let’s say i have an ulvenwald tracker. do i only play G for its ability with pic related?
>>
File: Lord Windgrace_C18.jpg (130 KB, 488x680)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>tfw the deck with my least favorite commander has become my absolute favorite to play
God damn, I feel so dirty but Jund lands feels so good.

Screw you, Windgrace
>>
>>62458495
Oh I bet you want to screw that flaming panther man.
>>
>>62458491
Yes.
>>
>>62458506
Does he have a barbed dick.
>>
File: Jund Battlemage_ALA.jpg (120 KB, 488x680)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>62458506
>Oh I bet you want to screw that flaming panther man.
No, furries should be gassed. Part of why I'm going to get a custom card made of Windgrace with different art. Probably just pic related's art or something very similar.
>>
>>62454537
The card is utterly useless in arcades, i bet you are the kind of brainlet playing rolling stones and/or Meishin, the Mind Cage in Arcades... How can you be so bad at deck building?
>>
What are some upgrades for built from scratch. I'm feeling some artifact action.
>>
>>62458591
Shut the FUCK up
>>
>>62458591
Are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
>>62454844
No faggot he meant the other gauge.
>>
Is there anything I am missing from this, its a wip right now.
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/purphoros-goblins-and-things/
>>
>>62455688
Assemble the Legion
>>
File: brainlettttt.jpg (37 KB, 800x450)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>62458591
>too retarded to know how banding works
>>
>>62458591
Meishin, the Mind Cage is actually bredy sweet. Are you medically retarded?
>>
>>62458591
> t. brainlet who doesn't understand Meishin and banding
>>
File: It's over.jpg (17 KB, 200x285)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>62455688
This is pretty fucking good. My Marchessa deck is based around giving people stuff, pillow forting up and then just killing them with their own stuff.
>>
post stalemate combos
>hive mind on field
>cast warrior's oath, final fortune, the new boros one
>everyone loses the game
>>
>>62458840
> plus Ashnod’s Altar/etc and Comet Storm/Debt to the Deathless/etc
>>
File: 794.png (77 KB, 500x500)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>62458934
>everyone loses the game
>>
>>62458618
>>62458653
>>62458716
>>62458798
>>62458808
>all these buttmad braindead retards trying to Arcades but can't into deck building
Please stay away from him, you are the reason why ppl consider arcades to be a meme
>>
>>62458840
Emperor crocodile/Endrek Sahr+Assault suit
>>
>>62458798
>>62458808

>Meishin, the Mind Cage is actually bredy sweet.
lol exactly what i was saying, you are so fucking bad man. It would be hilarious if only you didn't had the right to vote.
>>
>>62459043
>>62459092
Seething
>>
>>62458062
Thats still pretty cool, good taste anon. Anyways it's legit, would play with.

>>62458186
Interesting, I saw your post about cracking them in the same pack. They seen legit, I can't see all the cards, but masterpiece cards are the easiest to fake. I can't see someone faking a plains, so I didn't really look at the other cards in as much detail.

>>62457949
This one took a minute. I can see a few things I was looking for, but it's a card with a notoriously bad print run. I actually had to get my legit one out, and I still had difficulty. It has a few suspect areas, but just hold it up to a bright light with any other mirrodin card and see if they have the same transparency to be 100%.
>>
>>62459043
Watch out everyone, this guy's mastered Arcades Aggro (Control).
>>
File: 061.jpg (640 KB, 1067x800)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>62459043
mind cage doesnt effect walls dealing damage when arcades is out, retard. RTFC.
>>
>>62459029
>final fortune
>take an extra turn after this one, at the beginning of that turn's end step you lose the game
>hive mind makes everyone cast it
how would this not make everyone lose the game
>>
>>62459375
Not him but I imagine it's because turns aren't taken simultaneously, so after your turn ends and you lose, the next person goes, then loses, and the cycle continues until there's one person left who wins, which isn't really a stalemate as much as it is a suicide that takes people with you.

You can even get that straight from the Gatherer page now that I've checked it. "es, it creates a number of copies of that spell equal to the number of players in the game minus one. First the player whose turn it is (or, if that’s the player who cast the original spell, the player to that player’s left) puts their copy on the stack, choosing new targets for it if they like. Then each other player in turn order does the same. The last copy put on the stack will be the first one that resolves. (Note that the very last thing to happen is that the original spell resolves.)"
>>
>>62459375
each player gets a extra turn and loses at the end of it. there would only be one player left before the last copy takes effect, everyone doesnt lose the game at the end of one turn.

you lose, the next two players lose, the last one in turn order wins by default.
>>
>>62459375
Yep, what other anons said. Unless you have a way to dodge the lose-the-game trigger, the player to your right will win the game.
>>
File: field of dreams.jpg (33 KB, 223x310)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>building bad janky Circu deck
>Wizened Snitches: $0.25
>Lantern of Insight: $3
>Field of Dreams: $100

this shit right here, this is what pisses me off about the reserve list. i'm totally fine with OG duals and old power cards being pricey, but this is just some old jank. i know it's just a redundancy, but it feels like the deck is incomplete without it.

just cut shit like this and hazezon tamar from the list and i'll be happy.
>>
>>62460165
You're just gonna have to pick up a Whir, Inventor's Fair, Fabricate, and Reshape for your Lantern - it's the best you can do without spending tons on jank, and they're affordable cards that you probably want anyway.

Circu can actually do some serious damage, but he only really shines at maximum-power tables, ironically enough. He's a kill outlet for Dramatic Scepter, and top control becomes pretty viable at a level where people search frequently, there's a lot of card overlap, and single combo pieces power routes to victory. Standards like Shadow of Doubt and super-cheap jank like Psychic Surgery can randomly critically-hit someone's strategy, and people don't realize that his second ability hits *all* opponents; if you hit one person's Vampiric Tutor, it means no one else can cast Vampiric Tutor. It's narrow, but pretty hilarious.
>>
Pros or cons to Kess or Yidris storm, I got it narrowed down to these two.

I always wanted to make Yidris but I prefer to win more than anything.
>>
>>62460165
Field of Dreams is extremely overpriced tho, even for a RL lgd card.
>>
>>62460372
i know, man

i was more just using this recent experience as a reason to complain about the refusal to revise the reserved list from wotc

>>62460404
yeah, i know. i can't figure out why, it's not used in any other format and is basically never used in edh either.
>>
>>62460165
It's actually just expensive because it's a key part of "Movie Titles.Dec"
Season of the Witch will probably be going up soon for a similar reason.
>>
>>62460442
nice

but what's the actual reason?
>>
>>62450457
How? Do you have 3 different aether vials for each goblin deck? Are you the one hoarding all the gaia's cradles?
>>
>>62450707
Volrath the fallen
>>
File: 1498710541729.png (207 KB, 400x400)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>62459043
Even when built correctly Arcades is a meme.
>Urr me play new wall
>me draw card
or
>urr me storm off with walls
>urr this make me special cause me no aggro walls
Deck's just a meme bruh you've been taken by a meme
>>
>>62460430
>i can't figure out why
FOMO then price memory. FoD was in the 5$ range when lantern as an archetype surfaced in modern. Few pros ans others thought the deck woud be the next tier0 deck in legacy when it started to win few local tourneys the week later (an UW version packing RIP + helm as wincon). Suddently the price of FoD was multiplied by 10... But after a month ppl had to face the reality : lantern in legacy was shit because too many cantrips, so ppl abandonned the deck, but the ones who invested in FoD refused to put them back in the market, so the offer became extremely narrow. All in all it was simply a flavor of the month card but when the said card come from sets like legends, it's unlikely the card price ever go down, at best you can have a 15/20% retrace after a 500+% raise. Then after the FoD price went sideway to once again rise up during the big spike of april/may of this year. Such is the life of the old cards =(.
>>
>>62460597
Sure but you can be a respectable Johnny-memer or a shitty Timmy-memer. I myself prefer the first category, but apparently we aren't too many compared to the second one.
>>
>>62460672
i'm a shitty boros timmy memer and i'm not even ashamed
>>
>>62460672
You can Johnny with swinging walls. All comes down to making it interesting, unique and you. I don’t know if making it storm is all that Johnny, to be honest.
>>
File: 1539066550181.png (149 KB, 500x375)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>62460597
>got a promo arcades and foil at my prerelease
>sold them both to some guy who wanted them for whatever reason for $130
I ended up building vaevictis and feel I made the right call
>>
>>62460702
>I don’t know if making it storm is all that Johnny
>I don't know if making a combo deck makes me a combo player
>>
>>62460710
Apparently wall pimpers are fucking rich when you see the absurd pricetags of wall of shards, shield sphere and fucking wall of kelp. They were all in the pennies range before arcades.

>vaevictis
Pratrician choice, i myself built arcades but i think i would have more fun with vaevictis.
>>
>>62460710

All this to say... share you vaevictis spice anon! Because i'll be part of the family soon!
>>
>>62460672
>I can't understand banding so you're just a Timmy lmoa
>>
>>62460766
>Banding is soooooo useful in a big ass deck that i should waste a 3cmc do-nothing-alone with WW in the cost just to have it why i could cantrip for free instead.
>t. Timmylol
>>
>>62460766
Stop projecting timmy, no one ever had issues to understand banding but your sub 80IQ ass.
>>
>>62460797
>>62460817
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>62460746
>Apparently wall pimpers are fucking rich when you see the absurd pricetags of wall of shards, shield sphere and fucking wall of kelp. They were all in the pennies range before arcades.
That's probably more on financefags cashing in on memes than actually being loaded, after all he is still a bant commander
>>62460763
Don't have the list online yet but I did build it on a budget so don't expect something phenomenal
>>
>>62460824
>implying i ever implied to not be the same guy
>>
File: 1533322275535.png (411 KB, 382x625)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
>>62460837
>>
>>62460831
As a financefag who invested in the 3 cards i can tell you i unloaded them faster than anything else. The memewall hype was real.
>>
File: at last I truly see.png (11 KB, 447x378)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>looking at white legends I own
>come across Teshar
>oh joy another meme weenie recursion card in white, how original
>looking through some uncommons/commons for a a few signets later on
>put up a copy of emancipation angel
>mfw
>>
File: scrap.png (121 KB, 223x311)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>62460960
that's not even the half of it
>>
>>62460960
Better get a mox opal and feel the power my good faggot.
>>
>>62461005
Don't forget Diamond and Amber!
Chrome Mox a shit
>>
File: led.jpg (33 KB, 223x310)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>62461215
how much cash u got
>>
>>62460855
I can believe it, just like at battlebond release I got foil of the coin flip partners, owner felt bad for me he sold me a frenetic efreet for .25 since I was a regular and he knows I'm primarily in the EDH game
>>62460763
Here's my list, like I said it's not finely tuned but it hasn't failed me yet
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-situation-is-dire/?cb=1539406036
>>
>>62461229
No foil, no interest
>>
>>62461229
What ever did happen to Craig Berry?
>>
>>62460740
Combos and Johnny only really go together if they’re somewhat unique. Otherwise, you’re just being spikey.
>>
>>62456884
Sorry for late response. I hope you are still there.
W gives you access to better and more stax pieces which allows you to have a consistent plan. GAAIV himself is a non-symetrical stax piece. B has more combo potential but you will be lacking on the stax part and weakening the deck overall.
Brago is second option for UW stax, which has a combo with Strionic Resonator. Brago or GAAIV is your choose for either a stax or a combo piece in the command zone
>>
>>62461680
>>62456884
Misread WB as UB
WB lacks on card adventage and loses really really strong stax pieces like Stasis, Back to Basics, Mana Vortex and so on. Having countermagic is really important in stax since 1) you are archenemy of fun and 2) if your pieces get removed and an opponent gets around it, it could be your end.
Lastly, there is no good WB commander that support stax on its own. And if its used as a combo piece like Teysa, it will require a lot of space inside the deck
>>
Why are snow covered islands $2 - $3 each? Does something run it these days?
>>
WHY IS SHE SO BAD BROS
>>
>>62461881
>naya
>no unique effects
>OOGA BOOGA I HIT THINGS HARD
>loses protection after swinging ONCE
What a boring card
>>
>>62461881
a 6/6 for 6cmc flyer that loses hexproof if it even deals ANY damage. you could rakdos charm for it to ping its owner and make it lose hexproof.

maybe one more attack point and perma hexproof would make it worth it.
>>
>>62461881
It's not interesting design, like anything naya or RW because WotC just can't be imaginative, or thinks that any creativity is "stepping on blues color pie"
>>
>>62461875
Extraplanar Lens would be my guess, otherwise it's just a fancy way of pimp basics instead of using full arts
>>
>>62461881
Why couldn't they just make it " when ~ ETB, it gains hexproof until it attacks"? That's all they needed. It wasn't going to break any formats, fuck you could give it hexproof and it may not even break limited
>>
>>62461911
Don't forget
>Double Strike is actually NOT a keyword you want
>>
Is Gaddock Teeg Enchantress a terrible idea?
Basically Teeg + all the Enchantresses + Some Hatebears. Wins via Maze of Ith Helix Pinnacle Combo or infinite squirrels or Mentor Beats.
Will that make my playgroup salty enough?
>>
File: 6ed-192-jokulhaups.jpg (273 KB, 672x936)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
Just got back from my first multiplayer commander game. Was fun, played my 1v1 zurgo bellstriker deck, Jokulhaups'd everyone's shit at like turn 14.

Want to get a multiplayer deck though, what is an archetype that makes games end in a reasonable amount of time (say just a bit over an hour)? Seemed like that's the the downfall of all multiplayer MTG is game length. Jokulhaups ironically sped the game up because of the simplified board state.
>>
>>62462131
Gaddock Teeg tends to make EDH players upset in general, just accept that it will be hated and don’t bother trying to justify your fun to people
>>
>>62460597
>play wondertwins
>sit with two arcades
>+2 Will and laugh my ass to the bank
>>
>>62462211
Play esper alternate wincons or Ruric Thar's primal surge chadstorm
>>
>>62456098
For what purpose?
>>
When is the next banlist update?
>>
File: Fumiko.jpg (145 KB, 488x680)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>62462431
Ruric thar looks fun, what do you think about Fumiko? Gets action happening.
>>
>>62460129
>>62459404
Wrong. You win the game, because your spell is the last one to resolve. Everyone else takes their turns before you in counterclockwise direction and they lose on their end step.
>>
new

>>62463067
>>62463067
>>62463067
>>
Quick, I need ways to turn opposing non-creature permanents into creatures. Preferably in blue or black.
Manifest comes close but reality shift only hits creatures.
>>
>>62462968
Lacks substance compared to Thar. Green adds a lot

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.