[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1539626559676.png (258 KB, 600x453)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
Haven't seen this thread in a while, forgive me I don't have the links. Anyone else looking forward to Classic to RP in a world that isn't complete dogshit? What race/class, do you have a backstory?

I'm thingken Human Paladin or Orc Hunter. Pala will be a heretical warrior-monk ascetic, have a guild planned. Draws from WC1 Light lore that got revised; Human-centric, nationalist take, the Light being the spirit of Humanity than a universal phenomenon. If I go Orc Hunter he'll be an Old Horde-tier remnant and Blackrock raider. Dirlewanger-tier and he'll lead a band of fellow misfits and degenerate throwbacks from the bloodlust days in Ashenvale. Tolerated by Horde and Warsong command for effectiveness in the forest war with the Elves.
>>
>caring about wow
>when wc3 reforged is around the corner.
>>
>>62891610
>retconned + garbage 2008 graphics
just play wc3 you zoomer
>>
>Haven't seen this thread in a while
>>62879663
>>
File: Nightborne.png (2.84 MB, 2230x1076)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
First for disappointed.
>>
>>62891610
>WC3 reforged
The only thing to be excited for with that project is that all the custom maps should be usable, and for about 3 months I wont have trouble finding a match in multiplayer.
Storywise I CANT WAIT for Christi Golden to totally fuck around with WC3's story and ret-con the shit out of it even more than she already has. Who-ever thought that the writer of the god awful Arthas novel should be given any other writing projects for blizzard should have been fired long ago
>>
>>62891576
I still have the sticky i think?
>>
>>62892001
>>62891633

What you're not excited to see the increased emphasis on Sylvanas in WC3 reforged?
>>
>>62891576
>>62892007
>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk
Here it is. I didnt start a new thread because i basically stopped caring about wow and i everyone else who is willing to use it as a setting is an obnoxious faggot.

Btw I love these shitters even if they are completely useless in every aspect.
>>
>>62892021
>caring about the marysue of corpse elves
no, I thought Sylv was a shit character in WC3 and nothing has changed since then. The only reason she gathered any fans is because in WC3 she had the biggest rack
>>
>>62892407
tbf those fox's are no more useless than any of the other races or leading character's in WoW. It seems that Blizzard can only get the plot to move through character incompetence or inaction
>>
>>62892001
>Rewriting story

Unlikely, didnt happen for sc remaster, and the game will keep the old voices.

Only thing that will change somewhat is map design to be more in line with WoW locations.
>>
>>62892572
the direct quote from the Blizzard website is that they are bringing WC3 reforged ""up to par"" with WoW. Also they have stated that they will focus more on characters of interest that didnt get enough of a spotlight in WC3

also they are re-doing the voices. They brought in WoW's Arthas for example not the original, and they are adding new language support as well
>>
>>62892516

Tyrande always had a bigger bust.
>>
>>62892742
Because edgy teens were playing horde.
Then they grew up and became proud orc shamans.
>>
>>62893575

Grew up to become edgy adults. Or rather beardy men who want to still be "cool" by belonging to the edgelord faction.
>>
>>62892606
WoW's Arthas is significantly worse than the original.
>>
Playing a homebrewed setting set in the classical period between Frozen Throne and WoW. Our current session involves a tauren warrior, an orc shaman and a troll priest that are sent to investigate the centaur threat to Durotar. Any advice?
>>
Sure is active around here.
>>
File: 1539619892503.webm (2.48 MB, 1600x900)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB WEBM
>>62899109
Maybe everyone went to /v/ since the announcement
>>
>>62894936
Are you using the 3.x ruleset, the 5e homebrew, or something else?
>>
>>62894936
Don't die.
>>
>>62892021
>increased emphasis on Sylvanas
I wish more of TFT campaign was shenanigans with Sylvanas and less going from point A to point B with Arthas.
>>
>>62894653
Least of all in terms of voice.
>>
Alright so Arthas originally lost control of Sylvanas because Illidan was attacking the Frozen Throne directly using whatever magic, why wasn't he able to reassert control of her when he merged with the Lich King? And for that matter, why can't Bolvy boy do it now?
>>
>>62903576
Sylvanas was bound to the Lich King's will, not Arthas'. Arthas commanded her as the Lich King's death knight, but she served him because the Lich King willed it so. Thus, when the Lich King's power faltered enough to free her from his will, there wasn't any secret magic back door left from her being tsundere for him or anything.
>>
>>62903772
So are you saying that after she gained free will, she could never be controlled again? No matter how strong the Lich King got? Because I am legitimately curious how his Undead Domination power works. Like in WotLK during the DK starting zone, the Ebon Blade decides to rise up against him after they found out he essentially sacrificing them. Did he just not care to regain control? Is he losing power? Or is it because they got free will and can't be dominated again.
>>
>>62904643
I think that once the enchantment is broken, there's no easy way to restore it. Maybe if he killed Sylvanas and brought her back again, but I think that'd be tricky to pull off now that she has val'kyr of her own and Bolivar is actively trying not to do things (with limited success).
>>
>>62905831
>but I think that'd be tricky to pull off now that she has val'kyr of her own

Well she's down to one. She needs a new fix soon.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (545 KB, 620x951)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
>Leave Sylvanas to me.
>>
>>62891880
Were elf ears as long as their forearms even back in the RTS games?
>>
>>62891576
>hey Marshal, we're your newest reinforcement - how can we help?
>>
>>62891576
>RP in a world that isnt complete dogshit
Look the lore may have been completely fucked on the mainland but classic doesnt have Pandaria. Call me a furfag all you want, Pandaria has the best fucking lore in all of WoW simply because it's the first original thing they've done since WC3.
>>
>>62909736

yes, it was so you could see a unit was an elf. with those low-poly model, D&D-sized ears wouldn't even have shown up
>>
File: huntress.gif (17 KB, 169x171)
17 KB
17 KB GIF
>>62909736
Blizzard has always been pretty inconsistent on Elf ear size, but Night Elves still had pretty large ears in WC3.
>>
>>62901053
it orientates itself on 5e homebrew, but has some homemade differences
>>
Blizzard's storytelling was always shit.
>>
>>62910292
It was a gorgeous place, and the quests weren't too bad. Plus, it's just fun watching panda adventurers run around with their goofy animations.
>>
>>62911866
>>62910292

Great zones and design, terrible raids and dungeons.
>>
>>62891576
There’s a reason these threads die. Also, get off /tg/, Kosak.
>>
>>62894936
Keep in mind that Tauren at this point are just moving past their nomadic state. They have passed down their history orally for millennia, so the Centaur would be perceived as an ancient enemy of theirs. The average Tauren, unless he was some kind of hyper enlightened medium or involved with the Bronze dragonflight, would not be aware that the centaur have only been around for about a thousand years before the Third War. They're not at all an ancient race but the Tauren would make them out to be that way because their legends & tales of them have been exaggerated since their arrival.
>>
File: Akama.jpg (64 KB, 261x285)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>play WoW
>Burning Crusade announced
>dreanei and blood elves playable
>hyped as fuck
>wait what are those cute goat people
>dreanei are badass monsters don’t tell me...
>FUCK YOU BLIZZARD

I never touched WoW after that.
>>
File: 1440407692855.png (225 KB, 932x575)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>62912267
>>
>>62912309
We all make mistake, Chris.

Still won’t buy your game.
>>
>>62912267
But you had no probem with Archimonde?
And don't tell me you were angry because of a retcone because the entirety of Wc3 was one big retcon
Medivh in Wc1 was a fucking hobo warlock
>>
>>62912267
what did you meme by this ?
>>
>>62909400
But this is Sylvanas
>>
>>62892001
Yay 3 more years of empty lobbies for everything except DOTA, before those lobbies empty out as well.

Pretty much all of the novel writers are terrible though, not just Christie. And Metzen himself is the absolute worst of them and shouldn't be allowed to write unofficial fanfiction, much less the actual canon of the games.
>>
>>62912408

>implying you'll even be able to find dota lobbies

No. The WC3 engine limitations will still be present, meaning it will never be able to progress beyond the "HOHOHAHA" days of 6.83, and nobody will want that.
>>
>>62912398
That's her alt-version, she has travelled between universes just to wreck her ass.
>>
>>62912398

No THIS is Sylvanas.
>>
>>62912408
Grubb was decent
>>
>>62912320
I hobo warlock with his own tower
>>
>>62913307
In game it looked like a fucking cave
>>
I want to go back to Classic and roleplay my Sentinel as someone who can barely speak Common or wrap her head around having allies.
>>
>>62912506
Yvraine is scarily similar to Sylvans
>elf
>necromancer
>changed factions
>destroyed an elf colony
>has a pet waifufag
>killer thighs
>>
>>62910251
>Starry Freckles
>Ashy Freckles
>Freckles all around

I must inseminate both of these *at once*!
>>
File: 1536903593352.jpg (19 KB, 270x216)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>62913692
>elf colony
In both cases, it was a major elven enclave.
>>
>>62913799
Dwarf women are ugly though, and void elves are a lore abomination that should not be acknowledged.
>>
>>62892021
How would they give her more emphasis without changing the campaigns?
>>
>>62913946
They did say that they wanted to give cool, but minor character more screentime. I will eat my pants if that doesn't mean Sylvanas.
>>
>>62913840
Oh, it's a Void Elf alright.

I'll inseminate the Dwarf just a bit more then!
>>
>>62913993
Not sure if I'd call a character who has half a campaign to herself minor, but eh.
>>
>>62914074
That's TFT. In RoC she's about as relevant as Slave Master.
>>
>>62914125
I loved Slave Master. Weirdly he was small enough to make a Horse a legitimate mount choice, so how he got to be the big bad and control all the other orcs is odd.
>>
>>62914125
Reforged has TFT in it too, doesn't it? Unless that quote was specifically about RoC, then nvm.
>>
>>62913840
>Dwarf women are ugly though,
you could have just said "dwarves are ugly" and been as accurate while saving time
>>
>>62913993
What if we have a couple of levels as Garithos while he gloriously pushes the undead out of Lordaeron until he gets mind controlled like a chump?
>>
>>62914213
>showing garithos as anything but a villain
dat's waycist
>>
>>62914161
Grogs will be mad, but TFT campaign could use, well, not even retcons (though I would oppose them), but a major explanation for the Draenor stuff. It became such a mess after they crossed the portal, I could no longer understand what was going on and why they were doing everything they were doing, and who were all those people and why we were fighting them. I just went with the flow. And then I meet them in the game's last mission. This soured my experience when I played it for the first time. The simple, streamlined campaigns of RoC were much better.
>>
>>62914213
Make them show that in spite of being a royal a-hole to dwarves and elves, he does genuinely care about his fellow man and treats them well.
>>
>>62914323
he'd be like Tyrande but 10 times worse and ruin every alliance humanity had
>>
>>62914381
>like Tyrande but 10 times worse
He'd become a singularity of incompetence and destroy Azeroth
>>
>>62914381
He's an asshole, but also a staunch patriot and a successful commander. Tyrande grew out of her racism, but is a very meh leader otherwise. I always preferred Maiev.
>>
>>62914493
>grew out of her racism
she's botching alliances left and right. most recently in 8.1, she botches the alliance with humans
>>
>>62914323
Bitch please, you know this will never happen, and that he was never portayed in any positive light in the original either.
>>
>>62914581
What's she doing with the humans?
>>
>>62914720
She confronts Anduin and demands he dispatch troops to retake Darkshore. Anduin begs for her patience and assures her that it will be retaken before the war is over, but at present there simply aren't resources to spare. She more or less tells him to stick it, and goes off on her own.
>>
>>62914658
Someone must have liked him, since he was given a sympathetic explanation as to why he hated elves so much in his backstory.
>>
>>62914778
No, it was because having people just be comically evil for no good reason is saturday morning cartoon writing.
>>
>>62914744
She's done something right for once. Night elfs should ever have entered this stupid alliance with humans. For one thing, Teldrassil would still be standing. Now they just need to get badass again, and almost everything will be forgiven.
>>
>>62915016

Terror of Darkshore is promising in that regard
>>
>>62914213
>What if we have a couple of levels as Garithos while he gloriously pushes the undead out of Lordaeron until he gets mind controlled like a chump?

I mean, that would require he be competent, rather than being in charge because everyone better than him is dead.
>>
>>62915604
I mean, if he's not dead and everyone else is, he's probably a little competent.
>>
>>62915762
>I mean, if he's not dead and everyone else is, he's probably a little competent.

I don't think it counts if the everyone includes your own allies. His plans were actively getting his allies killed, with stuff like 'Repair all these things, I will not give you any way to get to them' and 'Hold back a horde of undead with bad language and sticks because I'm taking all your military units'.
>>
File: 1529266059681.jpg (7 KB, 261x203)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>62915016
>Night elfs should ever have entered this stupid alliance with humans. For one thing, Teldrassil would still be standing

Can you better sustain that?
>>
>>62915802
Well, that stuff's obviously bad decision-making, but I meant in reference to him becoming leader of the allied forces in Lordaeron.
>>
>>62915762
He could go avatar form like a mountain king and invulnerable like a paladin. I'd say he had some pretty vast potential.
>>
>>62915847
Sylvanas attacked it because it was used to smuggle Azerite into the Alliance. No Alliance, no attack.
>>
>>62915907
>Sylvanas attacked it because it was used to smuggle Azerite into the Alliance
That was just a casus belli, the kaldorei were ever an obstacle to Horde expansion.

Remember ol' Garry wanting to wipe out the nelves?
>>
File: 1378317621348.png (79 KB, 175x350)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>62915907
Without the Alliance they would have lost Ashenvale 15 years ago
>>
> Talking about Warcraft with friend who's interested
> Also tells him my opinion might be colored a good bit since I hate Sylvanas
> Other friend who'se only real Blizzard game in the past 15 years was Warcraft 3, and he quit in the middle of the campaign joins in on us
> Says I don't know shit since I play CoD, go on 4chan, and not to take anything I say seriously
> Tell him to shut the fuck up since he doesn't know what he's talking about
> Continues on about how I hate women characters since I also hated Kerrigan in SC2
> Devolves into me and him arguing and him saying shit like
> "Just because it's Activision Blizzard doesn't mean Blizzard is a part of Activision!"
> "Who cares about the lore and backstory! I'm just saying that only retarded people who have no life cares about things like those!"
> "I know Warcraft lore more then you! I started back WC3 came out!"
> "Who the fuck is Arthas?"
> "Overwatch has more characters and does character development well! Just look at all it's fans!"
> "Just because Call of Duty has a lots of fans, doesn't mean it has loads of characters!"
> "Your opinion doesn't matter, you went and wasted money on BO4!"

Shit, I was about to just walk on out til our friend calmed us both down by reminding it's all turbonerd shit.

Then the idiot had to continue on about how Overwatch is the superior franchise due to how much Blizzard obviously loves it more.

It took our neutral friend another 10 minutes telling him to shut the fuck up before using the new RWBY episode to calm his ass down.
>>
>>62915802
Garithos is shown and implied to be fairly competent. He retook Dalaran, defeated various undead armies sent against him (the one Kael and the naga was only one of them), and was considered enough of a threat by the dreadlords they preferred mind controlling his army rather than just wipe them out. He performs well in the recapture of the capital too. I also think his biography says he was promoted to grand marshal before the Scourge hit, even if it was in part because of his high birth. His big mistakes were wanting to execute the blood elves instead of just imprisoning Kael, and to think Sylvanas wasn't discount Kerrigan.
>>
>>62916684
Your friend sounds really dumb for talking nonsense, and you sound really dumb for being drawn into an argument with him.
>>
>>62916973
I know, but he has a gift for getting people to argue with him. It also doesn't help he constantly butts in into stuff he has no experience with and starts mouthing off when me and another person are doing stuff.
>>
So what went wrong with Warcraft writing?
>>
>>62916930
>His big mistakes were wanting to execute the blood elves instead of just imprisoning Kael

Even that seems a bit much, considering his entire 'No, Naga!' thing was 100% just his anti-human racism, since Naga and humans had never interacted until that point and they actively helped save some of his forces (The blood elves).
>>
>>62915907
>Sylvanas attacked it because it was used to smuggle Azerite into the Alliance

They're part of the alliance. You can't really be smuggling if you're transporting from one part of yourself to another part of yourself.
>>
>>62919020
Not for long it seems
>>
>>62919000
Which is kind of funny. He figured out that the naga were evil long before anyone knew what they were planning for the world.
>>
>>62916973
Actually they're both fucking retards, but >>62916684 sounds like the bigger retard because he was so butthurt he had to write a wall of text on 4chan.
>>
>>62916210
The Alliance has actually done fuck all for the Night Elves in Darkshore and Ashenvale since WC3. Remember that the Orcs were still actively invading Ashenvale since the end of WC3, then I believe it was Cata that had the Horde camps appear in northern Darkshore.

Fast forward to War of the Thorns and the Night Elves had sent the bulk of their military down to Silithus on false Alliance information and were still able to fight the combined Horde for several days by themselves.

Real question though is where are all the Night Elf allies from WC3? Where are our Mountain Giants, giant two headed dragon bros, etc
>>
>>62918975
>edgy fapbait is now the main character

Dunno, being quite honest.
>>
>>62919530
The horde camps in northern darkshore were the shatterspear tribe deciding to join the horde since the cataclysm managed to de-isolate their village and the nelves REALLY hate other trolls
And apparently all the nelf allies were those of convenience or tamed animals
>>
>>62919530
lore explanation is that the mountain giants chimeras ETC are not part of the normal night elf army and only showed up because the burning legion had. That and they have really low numbers and they can't really sustain a war the way orcs or humans can
>>
>>62914966
Garithos's story was always full of holes

He hates Kael'thas yet gave him the most important mission of covering the alliance force's flank...
Its like WTF?
>>
>>62915016
>>62915847
the real question is that there has yet to be a lore reason why the night elves joined in the first place
why did they?
>>
>>62892001
they are just redoing the maps to make them fit wow geography and maybe giving some one scene characters a bit more lines
as much as I love warcraft III I honestly think redoing the maps a bit to make them match WC III is a good call and will be cool to scan and try and match up
>>
>>62919000
Naga imprisoned a paladin and was in battle with the alliance during the NE mission "The Ruins of Dalaran"

So they already met, and Nagas were hostile to the humans.
>>
>>62912267
I never liked belves, but I understand the need to have cute characters on the Horde.

At the same time, I thought that having ugly brutal characters on the Alliance would be awesome. I surely would enjoy playing real draeneis on the Alliance.
>>
>>62919530
Varian personally lead the force against Garrosh's invasion to Ashenvale and the 2 dueled it out there., which pushed Horde back to the boarder of ashenvale.

I wouldn' t say "fuck all"
>>
>>62922021
People make terrible decisions in real life all the time.
>>
>>62908452
She's down to three valks, though you're right in that it's only one extra life.
>>
>>62910251
>filename heavily implies it isn't a crop
Rarely have I been so disappointed.
>>
>>62920573
>nelves REALLY hate other trolls
>other
kek
>>
>>62922476
nelves are mutated dark trolls
>>
File: absolutely void.png (230 KB, 600x452)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>62891576
>>
>>62892407
How come we never got the Chronicle 3 book?
>>
>>62922014
It was a front like any other. Kael just happened to be already there and was asking Garithos for a real fight anyway.
>>
>>62891610
hyped as fuck
>>
>>62891610
>finally a new warcraft
>its a fucking remaster
>full price
>retconning the good game with the skinner box's story
SSOOO HYPE GUIZE! Slaaayyyyy
>>
>>62925630
yeah but if he hated kael and want him to fail...
Why would he give kael the flank? so the scourge can cut through and kill them all?

that never made sense to me.
>>
>>62926221
Maybe he didn't exactly want Kael to fail, but wouldn't have minded much if he did. He had most of the cavalry with him to react quickly if the Scourge overwhelmed the elves after all.
>>
>>62926188
IMO, only downside of it will be nelf-fags being more insufferable than they already are.
>>
>>62926518
>he likes when game devs jerk off a corpse onto his face
K.
>>
>>62926544
Didn't even remotely implied that, dumbfuck.
>>
File: 1464555430498.png (803 KB, 600x2000)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
>>62915802
>allies
Yeah some allies they were
>>
>>62926544
He was referring to the fact that he hates Night Elves and would prefer the game would all be about Anduin the Human sucking Gonk the Orc's cock or whatever.

Basically Red vs Blue all the way.
>>
>>62912318
My man painting 40k minis and roaming around the USA fighting tournaments with his imperial guard army.
>>
>>62912469
they are adding significant front end support and lua scripting to the world editor, and the game will be 64 bit.
>>
>>62919530
>Not even mentioning the Alliance saving Ashenvale from Garrosh in Cata Book
Lorelet
>>
Eredar Draenei were not a mistake, in fact, they are the coolest new thing WoW introduced to Azeroth, along with Nightborne.
>>
>>62926939
kek
>>
>>62926939
>This is what /pol/tards actually believe
>>
File: 1541615595423~2.jpg (146 KB, 850x664)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>62927138
>Gonk is an orc
dumb nelf-fag
>>
>>62925108
Because I forgot to add the link
>>
>>62922476
>>62922563
delete this
>>
File: 1520199113568.jpg (381 KB, 850x1190)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>62930134
no
>>
File: 1541269481808.png (458 KB, 600x600)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
who will save the Horde from this hubris?

I think it has become unmistakeably clear that old or dying Warchiefs should not be allowed to appoint their own successors, instead a council of Leaders should pick the worthiest.
>>
File: 1432081238690.jpg (706 KB, 2000x1125)
706 KB
706 KB JPG
>>62930310
It's not necessary because the Horde won't get another Warchief.
>>
File: Warchief Lor'themar.png (565 KB, 542x564)
565 KB
565 KB PNG
>>62930367
>>
>>62930381
Based
>>
>>62930310
Get Thrall back!
>>
>>62892001
Think the only thing I liked about the Arthas novel was little things. Such as how he summoned his own old dead horse for the undead campaign.
Knaak was a worse writer though
>>
>>62930186

>Tyrande will never be transformed into a troll by ancient Zuldazar magics

why even live
>>
>>62894653
Every voice is worse than the original.
The only bad voice in WC3 is Kael'thas.
>>
File: ilya-ozornin-tyrande.jpg (387 KB, 1500x1983)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>62930950
Why do you want her pretty feet to become horrible abominations of nature?
>>
>>62931251

Troll feet are top qt, wtf are you on about
>>
>>62930942
knaak had better ideas though
While golden is better, her books give off the young adult vibe.
>>
>>62931251
i don't know man turning tryande whose kinda cold an reserved into a more loose and hot blooded race sounds pretty damn hot to me
>>
>>62931251

>not wanting Trollrande

What the fuck. Are you gay, anon?
>>
Do you think undead created by Valkyr are on average less loyal to the cause than the OG ones? Unlike the OG forsaken they weren't really saved from a worse fate by Sylvanas and don't really have any reason to be thankful to her. Yeah they'd probably help since it's either aid the Forsaken in creating a better world for their kind or eventually get put to the torch by either the Alliance or probably even the Horde once the Alliance is defeated and they are nothing more than another threat to the world but would they help out of a sense of anger or loyalty?
>>
>>62892001
Christie golden and Matt ward have a baby, how does /tg/ react and what setting does the child ruin?
>>
>>62931904
Val'kyr-raised undead are extremely vulnerable to manipulation and control shortly after resurrection. Sylvanas uses this to force recently-raised undead to kill their former friends and allies - if they manage to survive the battle, she offers them the choice of continuing to serve her, or being destroyed. Many are so overcome with despair from what they did before returning to their senses that they choose become her slaves rather than face their sins. Which, of course, is just how Sylvanas likes it - hopeful undead have the unfortunate tendency to realize she's not their best option.
>>
>>62931964
Sonichu
>>
>>62931737
>Trollrande
Would she be sapient?
>>
>>62912320
>Medivh in Wc1 was a fucking hobo warlock
Medivh in Warcraft 1 had a backstory in the manual. Just read it. It's not so changed as you might think.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft:_Orcs_%26_Humans_manual
>>
>>62931470
Try not to puke
>>
>>62926939
Garithos withdrew a bunch of his troops. Kael'thas was confident about his chances before that.
>>
>>62931991
What could a hopeful undead possibly hope for? They pretty much hit rock bottom with no way of going up.
>>
>>62933019
>What could a hopeful undead possibly hope for?
Sylvanas big butt
>>
>>62933695
Is her butt really that big? Seems pretty ordinary to me.
>>
File: MRwdvCT.jpg (132 KB, 657x560)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>62934106
It's enormous, especially for an elf.
>>
>>62934106
All the maggots crawling around in her ass cheeks plump it up and give it the impression that it jiggles.
>>
>>62934203
Shame she doesn't look more like the right hand picture in game.
>>
>>62934203
Funny how Blizz has been shamelessly pandering to lonely teenagers, even when their engine was all low-res polygons.
>>
>>62934316
She canonically smells bad but doesn't rot.
>>
>>62935361
Pretty stupid, how does she interact with the other leaders?
>>
I'm just happy that tyrande finally grew a fucking pair. For the night elves spiritual and military leader she hasn't done much leading since WC3.
>>
>>62913799
Never ever.
>>
>>62935503
perfume
>>
What's happened since BFA was announced? What have I missed?

What are war fronts and are the Forsaken btfo?
>>
>>62935790
>forsaken btfo with a sylvie waifufag in charge
Dream on.
>>
>>62935790
>MMO
>anything happening
>>
>>62935675
...are her eyes curling around the side of her head?
>>
>>62935790
The biggest thing is branching quests. You now have choice either to help your amazing glorious warchief or side with contemptible traitors whose heads should be ripped off, raised and then used to play football. It's unclear how this will affect the storyline moving forward.

Ah yes, and cyborg gnomes.
>>
>>62935790
current warfront in arathi highlands
trollbane is back from outland and trying to reclaim stromgard, horde trying to stop that
next patch is darkshore nightelves trying to take back darkshore from forsaken

I believe that there has been some datamining that indicates a quelthalas warfront but I don't know how that will work because A silvermoon is gameplay wise in outland and B has the sunwell to nope any invaders

in terms of the war the horde is losing
undercity is lost the next raid tier is the alliance destroying most of the zandalari fleet and killing king rastakhan
no idea how horde will bounce back but apparently we are currently loosing on every front and months away from total collapse
>>
>>62935910
I really hope the Silvermoon rumour is false. But I would like the Azshara warfront to be true.
>>
>>62935875
Void, one hell of a drug.
>>
>>62935875
I think she's turning around and the perspective is a bit wonky.
>>
>>62935888
>traitors
The horde isn't just some geopolitical entity, its an ideal. Sylvanas doesn't represent the horde and betrayed everything thrall created it to stand for.
>>
Is BoA really so bad?
>>
>>62936024
She represents everything Doomhammer stood for. And Doomhammer is an infinitely better warchief and leader than Thrall.

>>62936053
Good visuals and questing, bad metaplot and gameplay
>>
>>62936121
>everything doomhammer stood for
backstabbing and ending up in camps?
>>
>>62936183
Losing.
>>
>>62936183
Dabbing on bluekeks
>>
File: frodo.jpg (43 KB, 600x599)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>62935910
If they're losing the war, and Sylvanas is warchief, why doesn't she use blight?
>>
This is not a WoW thread, discuss the lore or get out.
>>
>>62936304
A combination of having blown a shitton of her blight reserves turning Lordaeron into a death trap, and Lordaeron being the location of pretty much all of her apothecary labs.
>>
>>62936395
Why didn't she use the blight before she lost all her blight reserves?
>>
>>62936121
Doomhammer got BTFO by the Alliance, and so far, whenever the Horde starts mimicking Doomhammer's Horde, they got BTFO by the Alliance. Modern Horde exists solely due to the mercy shown by the Alliance whenever they chimped out.
>>
If Uther had moved to kalimdor with Jaina, would things have been different or pretty much the same?
>>
>>62937021
worse. The man hated orcs something fierce.
>>
>>62937021
The same. Lordaeron humans were destined to be under Stormwind in Blizzard's eyes no matter what.
>>
>>62936466
she did
jaina ex machina un blighted the blight
>>62936121
doomhammer at least had some honor
>>
>>62937070
>ambushes you with ogres for a parley
>>
>>62937087
hey at least he cared about the horde first and always
he made alliances with the trolls and ogres and when he was forced to pick between winning the war or letting gul'dan run wild he chose to stop gul'dan
>>
>>62937185
well at that time without half his manpower he couldn't win.
>>
File: 1541738306942.jpg (476 KB, 1460x999)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
How fucked do you think the changes in WC3 will be? Heard they're making new missions for a character like Sylvanas or something "minor" during TFT, and changing some assets around to suit "modern lore". The worst bit for me is the inclusion of new voice overs.
>>
>>62937274
Didn't he put the traitor clans to the sword, though? The whole Gul'dan problem solved itself when the warlock got eaten by demons, but summarily executing half his army seems like a questionable move, regardless of how unhappy he was with them.
>>
File: sigvald laffing.jpg (684 KB, 1920x1080)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>62937289
s-sigvald?
>>
>>62937380
>glad you could make it archaon
>>
>>62937376
sounds like you know nothing of HONOR. Treason must be punished, lest we become like the warlocks
>>
>>62937289
>tfw so fucking conditioned to warcraft aesthetics i didn't realize how ridiculously overproportioned those shoulders are
>>
>>62937538
even more heinous--they gave Jaina shoulder pads for no reason
>>
>>62935838
>sylvie waifufag
>Christie Golden is lead writer, who loves Anduin and Jaina

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>62937512
But anon, Zul'jin bailed because the Horde wanted to destroy Lordaeron before Quel'thelas, but Doomhammer didn't hunt him across the land and slaughter his clans.
>>
>>62937710
He should have
>>
>>62937289
so far all they seem to have done is change the maps around a little so it matches WoW maps
they said they'll try and give more focus on characters that didn't get much
don't know why anyone would think that meant sylvanis she got half a campaign
>>
>>62936377
Legit lore question, why do every elf in WC has such big rack?
>>
>>62938399
healthy genes
>>
>>62938399
male marketing
>>
>>62938399
There was a victory party after the War of the Ancients, and a bit of tauren ended up in the elf gene pool.
>>
File: 1518764117051.jpg (280 KB, 1080x1417)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>62938399
Why do large breasts surprise you, but large ears and eyebrows don't?
>>
>>62938399
its a blessing from the well of eternity
>>
>>62938771
Large ears are much sexier than boobs
>>
>>62938399
Ancient elven boobjob magic
>>
>>62938399
a blessing from the aspect of life
>>
>>62938399
Because they are elves
>>
>>62937746
Hindsight is 20/20, anon.
>>
>>62936183
Blackhand and the Shadow Council needed to go.

Orgrim Doomhammer did nothing wrong
>>
>>62942221
He lost.
>>
>>62922097
>I never liked belves, but I understand the need to have cute characters on the Horde.

No, there was no need for that.
>>
>>62937289
>No changes to the editor or engine
As a warcraft 3 fan, I literally don't give a shit about remastered.
>>
>>62945377

I thought they were upgrading the editor.
>>
>>62935910
Blizzard has already asured us that no faction will win over the other. I guess muh plague will fix it for horde.
>>
>>62943293
He lost only because Gul’dan fucked off with a third of the Horde to go treasure-hunting right as they were marching on Lordaeron.
The Alliance had some serious infighting themselves to deal with though.
>>
>>62945377
I coulda sworn I heard them say they were updating the worldeditor too.
Tower defense & DOTA were born out of that editor. I’m sure they understand it’s value.
>>
File: 1460761733026.jpg (92 KB, 487x960)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>62937289
>>
>>62937746
>>62937710
Doomhammer would have remembered the Orcs attempts to conquer the trolls in Stranglethorn during the First War, which was basically the Horde's Vietnam. They spent so much manpower and resources trying to root out the obnoxious cunts but could never make any advances through the thick jungle and just had to call it off before it drained too much from them when there were humans who were much easier to conquer in the other direction.
>>
>>62946384
They also said the fight would be morally grey. It has been nothing but pure black and white the entire time and there's no way they'll tarnish Andy with some horrible deed, they gave Jaina a redemption arc, and Genn has been whipped down to being Andy's pet dog.
Unless they do a Gilneas warfront where Genn is cut loose and slaughters ever last Hordie there. They'd try to play it as "Genn is brutal!" but everyone with more than two functioning brain cells would know, the the horde had it coming for occupying his kingdom.
>>
>>62946384
>>62947446
look man im a horde guy and even I admit thsi has just been us being the baddies
not sure how we are going to come back I hope its something better than the classic forsaken warcrime ex machina
>>
>>62947446
Genn set his kingdom up for said occupation by walling himself off and refusing to help with the scourge at all just cause he wanted to be petty.
>>
>>62947725
If Blizzard had been better writers, they would have had Genn take charge of the Alliance instead of the High King thing being a birthright.
With Genn, he would have been a perfect warning to Kul Tiras of what happens when you wall yourself off and think you can take on the world with no outside help. There would have been a great story of hardship and overcoming pride.
But no, it's all about Andy the Wonder King.
>>
>>62947828
Well, to be fair, Kul tiras didn’t cut their kingdom in half with a giant wall and literally leave the half outside to die. I’d imagine that there are some forsaken from that area that probably felt that genn just left them to die and that sentiment would have spread to the rest of the forsaken to other kingdoms in general
>>
>>62935910

Quel'thalas data isn't for Warfront, the Blood Elf heritage armour has them going back to the past to kick the Lich Kings pasty ass
>>
Does anyone know the limit on how old a body can be and still be raised as forsaken?
Also where are lane wryn and big daddy menthil buried
>>
>>62948070

Well, the Horde war campaign has them resurrecting the prince of kul tiras who died in the second war

So, a long fucking while
>>
>>62948176
wasn't derek killed by red dragons
shouldn't his corpse have been nothing but ash?
>>
>>62948275
The war campaign quests are a half-baked mess.
>>
>>62919020
California disagrees.
>>
>>62948462
I feel like raising daelin would have made more sense and been WAY more brutal
>>
>>62948546
Not especially. Sylvanas' goal is to fill the world with death and despair, and Daelin was already a massive prick when he died. If she wanted maximum emotional impact, she needed someone nicer to twist into a familicidal monster.
>>
>>62937289
Those pauldrons are shopped, right?
>>
>>62948958
Not by much... especially compared to their old wc3 version.
>>
File: moba_artstyle.jpg (162 KB, 1350x740)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>62948958
Yeah. Original is also shit though. Everything about the hero redesigns is terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXpcsxJiTh8
>>
>>62948667
yeah but jaina is crippled with guilt about daelin
imagine zombie daelin approaching jaina screaming MURDERER
that would break her
>>
>>62947828
I'I'm the biggest Sylvanas waifufag and I massively prefer Genn to Anduin. Genn is badass and cool, while Anduin is a shitty golden boy who can do no wrong.
>>
lorth'emar for warchief
>>
>>62949026
Stop being such a grog. The original design was based on 90's fantasy comic books.
>>
>>62937087
>Assassinates Blackhand
>Ambushes Lothar with ogres during peace talk
>Blizzard wipes these away to honorable duels
He got retconned to be a lot better than he should be.
>>
>>62949240
And now they're based on 500% amplified comic books. Great change, bud.
>>
>>62949066
I thought her storyline was about her and her mother getting past that and reconciling.
>>
>>62949319
yes, yes it was
but don't you think zombie dad would cause some relapsing?
I think it would
it sylv is gonna be evil she should ran with it
>>
>>62949319
She’s only over it as far as the plot required. If they want her to suffer a mental breakdown, then her psyche is glass
>>
File: 1540746097675.jpg (88 KB, 569x1149)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>62949216
>>
>>62949363
Sylvanas should just go full evil and remake theramore as the new forsaken capital. With some new citizens of course.
I can’t imagine Jains being able to handle the fact that, no the only person she has to blame for theramore getting nuked is herself
>>
>>62933019
Probably just be in Anduin general vicinity. This affected Genn enough he changed from "BURN ALL UNDEAD SHIT" to a simple, reasonable "BURN DEAD ELF WITCH SHIT RIGHT THE FUCKNOWRARGJHSDGFJHDSG *incoherent growls of rage*"
>>
>>62949416
I wonder how lor’themar felt about having a troll as his warchief
>>
>>62949456
How old is genn again? 80? Itd be an interesting plot point to see an arc where his age starts to catch up to him, but seeing that this is blizzard and he’s on the blue team, the worsen curse probably makes you near immortal or some dumb shit
>>
File: Spoiler Image (71 KB, 418x448)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>62949502
He's got his wife to keep him healthy and spry, though.
>>
>>62949469
being bookended by garrosh and sylvanas makes even a troll seem appealing
>>
>>62949579
>>62949469
i assume it was awkward though the darkspear are very different than the amani trolls
darkspear are jungle trolls and an off shoot of the gurubashi empire
once they got past the initial issues I think it worked out ok as the darkspear are chill bros
>>
>>62949469
Considering Vol'jin wasn't a screeching Amani psychopath, he was probably okay with it.
>>
>>62949502
genn is the last surviving human monarch from before the first war. the man was old in warcraft II he's not gotten younger. there isn't an explicit date but yes he's around 80 as of cataclysm so should be approaching 90 now
>>
>>62949579
>>62949620
>>62949634
Honestly, darkspear-sin’dorei relations is something they should go more into
>>
>>62949216
Liadrin for queen of Quel'thalas.
>>
>>62949544
Kill yourself painfully.
>>
>>62950040
Not him, but what do you think he’s doing? He’s in a wow thread on 4chan. How much more painful do you need ?
>>
>>62949469
I think Lor'themar is wise enough to realise that Darkspears and Amani are nothing alike. Vol'jin especially was an incredibly honourable Troll.
>>
>>62949579
>"Sylvanas and I have a lot of disagreements, but she remains the greatest hero of our race"
Lor'themar, belf heritage quest.
>>
>>62949502
I don't think Worgen curse make you imortal, just age a bit slower because druidic shenaningan. But yeah, him realising he is on the downslide and going full "Welp better use what is left of my time at PEAK PERFORMANCE to go hunt the witch, even if I must die for it."
Would be honestly be disapointed if Sylv and Genn respective endgame had no link whatsoever. They already missed the opportunity to give the undead knife ear a good end with WOTLK, better not do it again.
>>
>>62950070
Did she do something incredibly amazing early in her career as ranger-general? Because all I really know about her is that she failed to stop Arthas, and that she died before she even had a chance to send a message warning Quel'thelas of his approach.
>>
>>62950124
Muh noble sacrifice
>>
>>62950070
>Implying he isn't keeping the face up
Lor'themar is between strong dislike and outright repressed hatred for Sylv since she blackmailed him and tried to raise HIS elfs. But he will stay loyal to her as long as he think it's in his people best interess.

(Wich is probably not for long, if he realise the Sylv boat is sinking, he will be out before the rats)
>>
>>62950124
You don't reach the rank of Ranger-General without being exceptionally gifted, but I don't think it's been elaborated on.
>>
>>62950158
call me autistic but you just gave me a hearty chuckle with the image of Lor'themar hurling himself out of a boat and bolting away with a pack of rats following a few seconds later
>>
>>62950070
>I've had my share of disagreements with Sylvanas... But I will never forget her sacrifice. She was the Ranger-General of Silvermoon. Nothing will ever change that.
Post the actual line. The context is very different. If Jaina said she'd like to remember Arthas as the man he was, that wouldn't be the same as saying "I think Arthas died as a good person".
>>
>>62950192
Nah, you're twisting the meaning
>>
>>62950183
He IS a hunter
>>
>>62950124
There's little to no fluff in Warcraft lore for things that occurred before the First War for every civilization, so you can only make this assumption >>62950166
>>
>>62950166
Actually I think the office simply stays in the Windrunner family no matter what. Highborne are nepotistic
>>
>>62950308
IIRC, Sylvanas's mother was the ranger-general before she passed it to Alleria.
>>
>>62950124
she was ranger general in the second war and fought then
>>62950070
thats not the damn quote,>>62950192
this is the quote
>>
File: 1540426513751.png (646 KB, 480x1920)
646 KB
646 KB PNG
>>62950124
I will leave this here

and remain you that many of blizzards writer never read the lore.
>>
>>62950382
You're right about the mother, but Alleria was never ranger-general.
>>
>>62950382
actually Alleria skiped the post to become Farstrider ranger-captain, so it went to Sylvanas.
>>
>>62950402
>yet another self-insert
I feel bad for hating Knaak so much.

>>62950409
>>62950439
Yeah, I dun goofed. But this confirms other anon about helves being nepotistic.
>>
>>62950230
I'm not. This is classic remembering someone for who they were.
>>
>>62950465
you know I kinda like nathanos
but only when he's not around sylvanas
him as just a guy who wont stop sassing everything is fun to me
him as syvlanasas husbando and echo chamber less a fan of
>>
>>62950402
>>62950536
I liked him better when he was some rotten mr miyaki asshole raidboss on a hill. Going out on a quest, then finding an alliance raid trying to kill him and wiping them by killing their healers so I could turn in my quest was fun.
>>
>>62950536

Almost everyone liked old Nathanos, when he was a hardass chilling in EPL,with his plague doggos, calling horde players maggots and slaying ally raids by the dozens. He was well known and integrated into the world without any edgy tie-ins and people knew his deal. People wanted more of his shenanigans and he was pretty much the only named forsaken people knew or gave a fuck about(except Putress' oneshot thing of course).

Then he was turned into a gay ass self insert piece of shit and an accessory for Sylvanas to wear. Literally the entire forsaken faction and race exists to enable Slyvanas, they no longer have a character or story on their own because that passed with WotLK without ever being mentioned. All we got was a short story that focused on... wow how unexpected, Sylvanas.

>>62950124

No, its pure dicksucking. Alleria was the racial hero, and even thats a comfortable in-universe retcon because she was very nearly exiled for allying with the humans when the high elves were neutral in the second war. The as Ogrim burned down Quel'thalas, suddenly she was vindicated and lionized into a hero. IIRC theyeven mention in some book as a throwaway line, how useful she and Kurdran were in selling the whole "Alliance" thing when it was just a bunch of squabbling human kingdoms, distrustful of non-humans.
>>
>>62948070
Therenas is buried in Lordaeron city, there is even a little text on his tomb. And the dam witch blighted it.
>>
>>62950857
wouldn't that be an empty tomb?
because menthil's body was burnt to ashes and put in the urn?
what did arthas do with his dads ashes anyways?
>>
>>62950924
Oh yeah I forgot about that for some reason, I guess he emptied it somewhere. No raising from the ashes anyway (tough Derek Proudmore might have a word or two on this).
>>
>>62951064
he emptied it near andorhal and as I recall the wind blew the ashes into Arthas' face and he choked on it briefly
>>
>>62891880
All elves look so Asian to me with their aesthetics and eyes. The only thing that is different is that they are much taller. Surely this isn't a coincidence.
>>
File: 1523299136552.jpg (67 KB, 600x848)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Will we be seeing more eredar or they're finished for good?
>>
>>62954842
With the Burning Crusade ended and Kil'jaeden dead, I think that's the end of eredar involvement in the plot.
>>
>>62955037
They could always come back as a sexy allied race.
>>
>>62943345
I read on mmo champ some blizzard employee literally said in an interview recently they had to because asians wouldn't play horde without a cute race.
And considering there whole shift to mobile because "blizzard is a strong brand in asia" that doesn't sound that weird to me. Lore wise it was still super fuckey though. But so was including the forsaken in the horde.
>>
>>62946819
They did say that yes, you can find it in the recap on mmo champ. They mention how their editor spawned whole game genres ie dota. So off course they were gonna update it. It's apparantly going to be way more extensive and easier to use and give you the exact same tools as the devs.
>>
>>62951169

Should have followed Uther's advice and pissed on them first.
>>
File: 1423772802301.jpg (34 KB, 600x810)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>
>>62937289
>>62946819
>>62945377
They mention a world editor revamp in the announcement trailer. To what extent I dont know, but it's coming.
>>
>>62955067
>Eredar allied race
Which side they would take?

And why is it the Horde?
>>
>>62957984
SUBMERGE
>>
>>62958163
I unironically want a harem of naga sea witches.
>>
>>62958194

I want to be a Naga sea witch.
>>
File: 1534535102427.png (385 KB, 865x443)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>62959466
That could be arranged.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (108 KB, 497x520)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>directly ordered not to attack the humans
>attacks the humans
>fucking hell Grom, okay go chop some wood
>chops wood for a while
>piss off some night elves, get into a fight
>drank demon blood before and knows it's a super fucking bad idea to do so
>does it anyway instead of retreating and warning Thrall or something else
What could alternate Grom do to fuck things up even worse?
>>
>>62960840

I was under the impression he couldn't retreat, that he was surrounded and cut off. So it was either drink the blood or everybody dies.
>>
>>62960889
>I was under the impression he couldn't retreat, that he was surrounded and cut off. So it was either drink the blood or everybody dies.
I don't remember that being the case- recall he came into the night elf lands to make a settlement, then pissed off night elves by killing a Wisp, then the Nelves attacked and he eventually pushed them back and set up outposts. Cenarius came with more night elves, and began taking back the outposts, but by the time Grom was drinking the blood, Cenarius didn't take back the first settlement Grom made. Since Grom had to have been able to actually walk to the main settlement to set it up in the first place, he could have retreated.

Then again, to an orc like Grom, retreat would be worse than dying in battle.
>>
>>62955140
the Staats interview on reddit.
>>
>>62960840
> genocide space goats
> ravage petty human kingdom
> drink a blood of deamon
> slain a fucking elven demigod who put fear in generals of Burning legion
> slain of these deamon generals like a chad

Grom is THE best orc 4ever!!! Go lick some goat hoofs
>>
>>62961557
>ravage human kingdom
Grom didn't, he was so much of a retard that Blackhand and Orgrim both chose to leave him on Draenor
>>
Can we talk about how bfa butchered everyones character? Why the fuck Garona and Rexxar are working for Sylvana.
>>
new?
>>
>>62961818

The same reason most of the leaders are following Sylvanas; like it or not, she's the Warchief, so honor demands that they follow her until Saurfang comes back with the !Darkspear Rebellion.
>>
>>62891610

>no gameplay updates/changes (fuck upkeep, and I want to wield big armies on 2 hotkeys, not 7)
>story remains more or less unchanged, so no new twists
>but it's shiny now!

They didn't even use the current WoW aesthetic for the art, from what I can tell. It looks like they made all the models from scratch in SFM when they JUST made a new WC3-era Arthas model for BFA.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.