[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Officer_Chunk.png (629 KB, 849x849)
629 KB
629 KB PNG
Previous Thread: >>62869051

WoD website
https://www.worldofdarkness.com/
>V5
https://mega.nz/#!ibIUwYbB!0XgND-bLYIic5GULztsmH6J2XXHByiU7CHtwbqeBOiU
>MEGA (mostly Chronicles of Darkness)
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw (we get it, it's broken)
>MEGA (mostly Old World of Darkness)
https://mega.nz/#F!cSRAhRSb!_w_CXRj14pgt8C9nP6ursw
>Question:
You spared him, right?
>>
>>62896896
>You spared him, right?
Yes.
Most of the time.
>>
>>62896896
Yeah, sure, I couldn't even bring myself to be blunt or aggressive with him, he was just too delusional.
When I'm not playing dedicated RP runs, I usually am a bit of a softie with NPCs in vidya RPGs.
>>
>>62896896

I spared him like 3 or 4 times (in the same playtrough, I mean).
I didn't the fifth time.
I was getting tired of his shit.

>Chunk of What?
>>
>>62896972

>To be honest, it had a lot to do with "If poor Heather doesn't get to live, you neither".
>>
File: cringeasfuck.png (229 KB, 1052x631)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
in every thread
>>
File: rudy's-army.png (260 KB, 1347x822)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>62897102
>>
>>62897102

Nevah forget, novah forgiva.
>>
File: salubrishitpost1.png (1.21 MB, 749x1036)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>62897102
>>62897117
A worn-out stake is my only comment.
>>
>>62897102
>>62897117
Carthage burned for this.
>>
>>62897305

My kin was also killed in Carthage.
I share the sorrow of yours.

>Nevah forgeta the Eternal Swedish Senate and what they did with the Roman Puppets
>>
File: cristiano-cringe.png (132 KB, 772x464)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>62897194
>>62897261
>>62897305
>>
>>62897305
>>62897117
>>62897102

>>Implying this isn't someone your group wouldn't blood hunt
>>
>>62897411

May he rule forever! May he sinks his rotten teeth in Rudi's black heart! Or black neck.
>>
>>62897411

We should make some fixes to this Cristiano and try to push it as canon.
>>
>>62897102
>>62897117
If we kill Rudi, there will be no army
>>
>>62897452
I tried to do a one shot for fun to kill him, had a random guy as a new member of the group he started screaming "sexist homophobe" and all that shit, he was new to vtm too.
It was such of a sad scene.
>>62897461
pic
>>
>>62897519

Meaning 5 sexually confused, overly emotional, scared neonates will have no place to go.

Basically, modern Sweden.
>>
>>62897537

This needs to go to the OPP forums.
>>
File: brawl10.jpg (19 KB, 428x308)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>62897411
The Sardinian Anarch State blesses this wave of Cristianoposting. May He steal these fledglings and whelps' husbands.
>>
>>62897545
Sweden is a mistake. We must rectify it.
>>
>>62897580

Division between Norway, Denmark and Finland.

It will eventually happen, for sure. The need someone strong to take of them while they figure things out.

>>62897576

Brawl 10 indeed.
You don't mess with The Christian.
>>
>>62897102
>>62897117
>>
>>62897940
Noice
>>
File: Serenna.png (174 KB, 254x252)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>meow
>>
>>62897940

I get it now.

This is the True Curse of Caine.

Neo-Marxism.
>>
>meming nu WW's fanfic with italian shitposting while Salubriposting and being more respectful of the fluff than the swedes
Thanks, guys. I really love you
>>
>>62897940
Alright, whoever made this, I owe them a boon.
>>
So aside from the purple/violet abomination that is that thing in the RULES chapter, is the physical book worth getting?
>>
File: HIM.jpg (7 KB, 300x223)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>62898095
You're welcome.
>>
I'm about introduce some new players to Masquerade. They are mostly new to P&P and completely new to WoD, and I'm really looking forward to play with people that don't know anything about the setting. At this point they only know that the focus is on playing Vampires, and I want to talk about the lore and mechanics as little as possible before actual play starts. Accordingly, the first session will be about their Embrace.

How should I handle character creation? Like I said, I don't want to talk about Clans, the Sects, Disciplines etc. and want them to discover all this along with their characters. But I'm also hesitant about arbitrarily assigning each player a Clan, pick their Disciplines for them and generally taking too many choices away from them.

How would you deal with this?
>>
>Catholic Vampires in Requiem
>Believe they are demons sent to earth by God to punish the mortal
>Believe they already are in hell
>Muslim Vampires in V5
>are queers
>babysitt a bunch of creepy snowflake vampires that will die in few nights
>listen their bullshit
>are antifa
>>
>>62898095

We love you too.
>>
>>62898149
List out the concepts that each clan represents, and let them pick from those. So instead of saying "Gangrel" you say "feral, independent."
>>
>>62898095
We do what we can.
>>
>>62898149
Hmm, it's a bit of a stretch, but since you're doing the first session around their Embrace, you could run a, let me utter the cursed two words, "session zero", and see how the characters act before getting embraced.
Fill the session with little hidden "personality tests", stupid stuff like what choices they make, what opinion their characters have of certain things they see, and obviously the way they're trying to play the game.
If someone pulls out a reclusive computer geek who does stuff and steals information just for the hell of it, see how he reacts to people and events and see if he's more of a Nosferatu, or a Tremere, or maybe a Setite. Or maybe don't play it straight and slap him with something like Ventrue or Brujah.
>>
>>62897102
If the Camarilla are worried about him they'll just off him. If he hasn't committed any crimes worthy of a blood hunt they'll make those crimes. The Rudi's of the world are destined to be filled with cement or die in convenient gas explosions.
>>
>>62898301
in the book is written that Rudi is one of the 3 most important Anarch of the entire Europe.
>>
>>62898090
Well, yeah.
>>
>>62897102
Is there any canonical reason that Rudi is still around, and hasn't been offed by the Cammies or some competitor in the Anarchs for getting too pushy yet?
>>
>>62898149
Consider the following: most kine don't get to pick their sire when embraced.
Have them design the human character. Then ask "What sort of vampire would embrace such a person?"
Did they roll their human as having a lot of high status/wealth contacts? Fits the Ventrue bill. Is their character an impassioned fashionista? You could roll for Toreador or Brujah. Is the human a misanthropic IT guy? Sounds useful to an Old World Tzimisce who is is struggling to understand computers. Or how about a human with no discernable draw to any clan? Anything can be justified for a Malk.
>>
>>62898371
I still don't understand how he managed to not piss off any Brujah Ancilla into a murderous frenzy. On second thought, he's Gangrel, he probably did it and then soothed them down with Animalism. It's the only explanation.
>>
>>62898371
>>62898443
He just has no reason to exist in VtM universe.
Just that.
>>
>>62897537

>>things that never happened
>>
File: faraz-shanyar-highway.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1521)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>62898282
>>62898265

Thanks for the input, those were the two ways to go I have been considering. Maybe instead of trying to describe, I'll show them some pictures that represent the different Clans and ask them what seems most interesting to them.

As for the approach of assigning stuff based on what I think is appropriate, I at least have the advantage of knowing the players pretty well, so I think I have a feeling for which Clan each would enjoy playing. Throwing a curveball by having a quiet/shy person play a Bruhja / Gangrel might either go very wrong or be very fun...
>>
For the guy that asked about whats wrong with wraith 20.

>>62898522
>>
>>62898519
You're welcome, pal. Have fun.
>>
>>62898519
Personally I'd stick to using keywords instead of images, but that's more because I'm more confident in my writing than my image-selecting skills, and not any real issue. Though I would say if you're going to use images, you might run into some issues with their interpretation not matching up with yours and causing some regrets.
>>
>>62898519
>Throwing a curveball by having a quiet/shy person play a Bruhja / Gangrel might either go very wrong or be very fun...
The Brujah antediluvian was supposed to be a stoic, and he still embraced a firebrand. A contemporary Brujah punk might embrace the mild-mannered professor out of respect for being able to eloquently articulate what is felt in the sire's heart. Individual sires are, however inhuman they may be, still people who are embracing childer for personal reasons-not out of an instinctual need to confirm the clan stereotype.
>>
>>62898652
Brujah have always felt like they were more about fanatical passion for a cause than being a punk anyhow.
>>
>>62898721
>>62898652
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Path_of_Entelechy

Brujah that live long enough to get out of their triggered millennial phase have their own road.
>>
>>62898652

I agree, that's why I'm mainly concerned about having the character concept (which is of course strongly defined by the Clan) match the players personality / preferences. Coming up with a logical in-universe explanation why Sire X chose mortal Y is trivial if you have enough experience with the setting. Moment of passion, distant mortal relation, the Sire himself being manipulated or otherwise influenced - thankfully there are countless potential reasons for choosing a non-stereotypical Childe.
>>
>>62898541
Thanks for the reply. I might still get it since I only have Wraith's core book in physical, but I'll give it a long read beforehand.
>>
Are the Camarilla and Anarch books good or bad?
>>
>>62898371

I find endearing you trying to find method in the madness.

Rudi exists because he's KEEWLZ and HE STAND TO THE DA MAN, MAH NIGGA!

Rudi, and the three books of V5, exist because Swedish people... alright, not all Swedish people, just a bunch of them... are deranged.
And those in the writting business are even more deranged.

They don't call it "Stockholm Syndrome" for nothing.
>>
>>62898928
Skimming through them left a shit taste of stupid fanfics. Like, Kindreds more interested into social justice than in their undead state or other blood sucking monsters.
In summary, they're shit. The swedes wrote twilight-tier fanfic while shitting on the setting
>>
>>62898970
Never said I was looking for a good reason, just wanted to know if the writers considered that he wouldn't be popular with the existing power structures.
>>
>>62898928
They have some new crunch which, if you're running V5 for some reason, might be helpful. Otherwise no, they're terrible.
>>
>>62898928
Camarilla writing: okay
Anarch writing: bad
mechanics: nonexistant
>>
>>62897537
>>62897940
BASED

>>62898172
What happened to the Ashirra?

>>62898371
He probably isn't an actual threat, all we know for sure is that he talks a big game. Also aren't most of the elders gone in V5? I only know the current meta plot from memes in these threads.
>>
>>62899016

The writers can define retroactively the power structures.
In fact, that's what they have done with Camarilla, Ashirra and Sabbat. What we tought to be a soft retcon is a very, very hard retcon.
>>
>>62898928

I like them as a source for story ideas. The parts in the Cam book about how Second Inquisition goes about investigating a city is good.

There is an organization response matrix called the Response Algorithm that lays out a session by session response script by the Cam/Sabbat/Second Inq. Good shit.

The parts about the Setite rebrand into The Ministry is pretty good.

The cringey Anarch dialogue is actually really good for putting in the mouths of hateable SPCs. Anarchs have always been idiots guided by idealists. Anons keep missing that there is a dark humor aspect of these monsters that sometimes kill human beings for food worried about hurting feelings. Doubling down on all these little shiboleths and liberal virtues. They're a grim parody of what they were in life.

>>The much hated Rudi is a great inspiration for a local Anarch rabble rouser.
>>That the PC coterie will almost certainly kill by session 5.
>>
>>62899680

>By session 5
>They'll have so much restraint
>>
>>62899680
>They're a grim parody of what they were in life.
>The much hated Rudi is a great inspiration for a local Anarch rabble rouser.
I get that it's funny because of how stupid and preachy it is, but you can't tell me the swedes aren't doing it ironically. They're completely serious to the point that it seems like someone's virtue-signaling magical realm
>>
>>62900589

They are dead serious about it. That's a look into their minds.
One may not be able to comprehend it, but its the truth.
>>
>>62900654
And that is an ill omen, friend. Either it does well and forces out all the old players, or it performs so badly it kills the IP. Neither of these outcomes are good
>>
>>62900717

Old players are already out. Nobody who was old enough to play this game 15 years ago will play V5.

They IP will probably die. But that's okay. Everything dies. Vampire will remain unlive; the true one, I mean.

Fuck, the original WW writers are all retired or passing time. Zero involvement in this travesty.
It's just not the same game.
>>
>>62900589

The Swedes from the design team I spoke to at Gen Con seemed well aware of the humor of it.

In any case, be the change you want to see in the world, man. I can't imagine a player group tolerating this shit. Put it in front of them. The PCs will reclaim the blood of these animals.
>>
>>62898993
One of my friends suggested it might be satire because it basically paints the Anarchs as giant childish faggots who are basically middle class who wanna rebel against mom and dad because they have nothing better to do. They think they're bucking the yoke of the MAN but have really just putting themselves under the thumb of human justice.

IDK how any SJW could read it and think 'yeah, that's what I'm about! Drinking baby blood and petplay! While fighting """"nazis"""" and standing up for my lesbian trans GF. It reads like an absolute fucking parody but on the other hand, these people do think they are the hero for some goshdarn reason.

I'm of two minds if he's right and it really is them painting the Anarchs are incompetent retards. They even address how incompetent they are by stating 'we were only pretending to be retarded!'
>>
So can we just replace the Anarchs with the Carthians...?
>>
>when I finally fucking realized our ST literally always has someone like Christof and Anezka in the chronicles we play

This is probably the most benign form of magical realm, the dude's a sap for tragic romance spanning the centuries.
>>
>>62900988
This is how you get fishmalks starting up Anarch Plus and introducing the disenfranchised stack at meetings.
>>
>>62900938
>>62900988

Let's entertain that idea.
So we go and write several books with a quality a few steps below Twilight just for SHITS AND GIGGLES?
Are they literally trying to tank on purpose? Is this a real life version of "The Producers"?

>>62901233

See? I told you in the other thread that the game is fucking great.
>>
>>62901356

>Vampire has turned from Personal Horror to Vampiric Antiheroes and finally into an Adam Sandler Comedy
>>
>>62901356

Told who, anon? I didn't talk with anyone about the game for the last few months and that was back on /v/. Think you got me mixed up with some other anon.
>>
>>62901407

Oh, it may be. Just a couple of hours ago I was talking to someone in the WoD general about Redemption, Christoff and Anezka.

It's funny because I haven seen those names written here in a looong time.

Sorry for the mistake.
>>
>>62901356
Man, I don't know why they would purposefully write an awful book but that's just what my friend thinks. That the entire thing is satire and taking the piss out of anyone who likes Anarchs unironically.
>>
>>62901404
Truly, we are reaching the most profound depths of the Abyss.
>>
>>62901439

No problem, wasn't all that much in the last thread myself. I was just feeling silly for not realizing the ST was pulling them off so fucking well and so consistently throughout every single chronicle we ever played. They just sort of blended in the background, but you could still see where he got the inspiration from if you looked closer. The last couple were a Lasombra and a Settite, former being Christof, latter being Anezka analogues.
>>
>>62901466

Oh no, anon. Oh no. The ride never ends. This is just the end of the beginning.
>>
>>62901497

As you said, from all the Magical Realms to pull from, probably Redemption is the best.
Give him a bit of slack, probably uses those characters to give more depth to chronicles (because if you played Redemption you WILL remember those two lol).
>>
>>62901458

As someone who has gone to elaborate lengths to make "smart" people look like hypocritical retards I think this could be true. There is a certain degree of creativity involved in setting the perfect bait for the self righteous.
>>
>>62901596

Not self-righteous. Merely non-insane.
>>
>>62899493
> What happened to the Ashirra?

Camarilla and Ashirra have officially merged in a Vermillion Wedding, which had Toreador Victoria Ash and Assamite Tegyrius enter into a blood bond with one another.
>>
>>62901458
I had always thought Anarchs were just vampires who had washed their hands of the jyhad and political machinations in favor of enjoying undead slice of life.
>>
>>62901621

The Red Wedding name was already taken.
But unlike the Red Wedding, this included copious amounts of interracial sex.
>>
>>62901621
Guys, I´m retarded and confused, please help me out here.
So, the Camarilla has absorbed the rebel Assamites. It then goes and makes an alliance with the Ashirra, which is strongly influenced by the main Assamite clan.
How does that even work?
>>
Why was seducing Damsel in Clan Quest Mod 4.0 so wonderful? I want a post-game scene where I marry Damsel and make several revenants with her.
>>
>>62901770
Either Tegyrius had a lot more influence over the Ashirra than he let on, or Ur-Shulgi is going on a purge of every non-assamite that crosses his path and the Ashirra are scared.
>>
>>62901806
What can you officially do to her?
>>
>>62901806
Is Clan Quest compatible with antitribu?
>>
>>62900782
I know, it's just frustrating to see the things I love constantly go to shit. I understand the need for branching out, but to completely alienate your audience is frustrating.

>>62900938
I mean, I'm not gonna buy it because of how disappointing it is. I'm also not lashing out at the writers, just thinking of sending an email about how disappointing it is. And even then, I say maybe because people already told them this was a bad and they didn't change a thing
>>
>>62901846

Mixing mods is a bad idea. CQM 4.0 is integrated with Patch Plus 9.2 anyway.

>>62901841

This prevents you from being forced to kill her during the Sabbat path. You can also persuade her, but I always had a crush for Damsel.
>>
>>62901812
But isn´t the main clan devotedly following Ur-Shulgi? How can they accept such alliance with the Camarilla after what they did? The Assamites are one of the (if not THE) strongest clan in the Ashirra.
>>
File: one-does-not-1gj3sj.jpg (35 KB, 600x354)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
> Be me, Archon for the Camarilla
> Hear the Setites want to join us the Tower. Something about their territories being invaded and generally getting screwed in ways not even a Toreador with Vicissitude could replicate.
> Toreador Justicar will be presiding over the whole thing. I'm assigned to play security too.
> Big fancy hotel in Paris. Everything is going wonderfully.
> Snake lads give our Elders a few weird sarcophagi and invest in certain enterprises ran by the blue bloods.
> Snake lads finally sign the papers to join.
> Hands are being shaken, everything seems fine.
> Suddenly explosions
> What.jpg
> OhCaineSaveMeFortitude.jpg
> I'm alive!
> Whole block is leveled to the ground
> Barely anybody is still alive.
> Justicar is kill
> I join up with the Cam survivors and high-tail it out of there
> A few days later, Setites phone
> "So, we're totally in, right?"
> "What? No, fuck off!"
> Setites seem mildly upset
> Apparently join the Anarchs out of desperation
> A few months later, the Banu Haqim join the Camarilla
> I'm sure the two events were completely unrelated.
>>
>>62902043

>Be me, Sabbat Priscus
>Hear the Setites want to join the Antediluvian Worshippers of the Camarilla
>"Well, Set is an antediluvian, so it makes sense"
>"Too bad nobody in the Camarilla will be retarded enough to trust a Setite"
>They actually go with it
>Justicars dead
>"This has to be some kind of 4d chess"
>Assamites join
>"Nope, Cammies being retarded as usual"
>Suddenly I am teleported to the ME
>"What the actual fu..."
>I cannot continue because Antediluvians kill me
>Last thought "The Camarilla have awoken the Antediluvians just to get rid of the Sabbat, who was taking territories from them incesantly"
>That's some 5d chess.jpg
>Then it turns out Berlin is destroyed, Vienna is destroyed, London is destroyed, Inner Circle member killed
>One random nigga is one of the heads of the Anarch movement
>I realize I am not dead
>I realize Malkav is the only Antediluvian who has awoken and he is destroying reality and turning it into a senseless gibberish
>Gehenna is worse than we feared
>>
Ur-Shulgi is purging people left and right. The Eldest judges from Allamut, which has become a fucking black box, where information and blood flow into it, but nothing emerges except judgment.

The Ashirra are fucking terrified of the Scourge of the Baali, the Skinless One.

He's an insane blood God, who has diablerized hundreds of Baali. He's probably not the focus of most people's campaigns.
>>
>>62902043

>the Banu Haqim
>Banu Haqim
>BANU HAQIM

We have an Anarch spy here.
>>
>>62902166

>Ur-Shulgi is the most effective Baali convert we had working as a double agent
>He single-handedly has managed to break appart the Assamites and kill hundreds of them
>One whole faction runs to the Camarilla
>WiththefuckingTremere
>The other Baali elders are risen
>Soon it will all be over
>>
>>62902231

>Which clan cursed the Assamites with the blood thirst?
>The same clan that removed it
>>
>>62901606

How do they not look insane?!

They are murderers talking about hurt feelings. The scene is absurd. It's not an Adam Sandler movie, it's A Confederacy of Dunces.
>>
>>62902277

No, you misunderstand me. We are the target of the bait, not "them".
We, the non-insane. We took the bait hard. We thrased with it in our mouths, spewing vitriol.
Actual SJWs don't buy books. We were the target all along.
>>
>>62902231
>>62902273
>>
>>62902314

If V20 was a nostalgia edition, V5 is a hate edition.

Both are profitable (taking into account both get kickstarted and backed several times over the actual amount).
>>
>>62902346

And to think I doubted our Nergali brothers...
>>
>>62902314

I mean, it's only bait if you bite, man.
>>
>>62902401

Yes. A lesson we have to learn fucking finally.
>>
>>62902415
I bought the books, I'm running SJW Anarchs in a conflict with equally pathetic proud boy anarchs.

I give it a couple sessions before Camarilla/Sabbat Chad PCs utterly wreck their shit.
>>
>>62898522
Actually, they also didn't give merits and flaws for Mage, and I think they did the same thing with Changling, thou I didn't read changing.
I think it's just part of there, no flaws allowed policy that started with NWoD.
>>
>>62902482

Why would you give money to such people?
Beyond redemption, man.
>>
Tell me about your favorite vampire campaign anons.
>>
File: OsUb0zk.png (1.15 MB, 1920x1080)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>62902565

Because I like it and not everything has to be a political struggle. It's a game about mythical creatures. I play warhammer, too, it doesn't mean I believe Catholicized Fascism is a valid political belief. It's a fantastic reimagining where SJWs are monsters and think their virtue signaling and impeccable pronoun usage makes them better than other monsters. It's pathetic. It's meant to be pathetic. Embraced mothers talking about feeding their kids Vitae because it's "healthy" mirrors anti-vaxxers. What happens when that kid has been a baby for twenty years, an adult mind trapped in an infantile body?

It seems like some folks were so allergic to reading the words that they weren't grasping the point of putting those words in the book.

Bring everything you know about your world of darkness and put these wretched creatures in it. It makes it more monstrous.
>>
>>62902691

I was part of a Sabbat campaign that was just two Black Hand factions playing Spy Vs Spy. It was the most fun I've ever had, but I went through 4 PCs in 20 months.
>>
>>62902740

>it doesn't mean I believe Catholicized Fascism is a valid political belief

I am so dissapointed by reading this I cannot adress the rest of your post.
Sir, you have a blessed day.
>>
>>62902740

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FET_y_de_las_JONS

>Not a valid political belief...
>>
so setting aside all the weird political shit and heavy Europe focus, how is V5 gamewise?
>>
>>62903246

Pretty bad, but don't expect me to converge 30 pages of new rules into a post.
Skim trough it yourself. The PDF is posted in every single thread.
>>
>>62903246
It's like if they mixed NWoD, OWoD, and the LARP rules, and some ideas they came up with at the last minute.
>>
File: new market.png (24 KB, 960x107)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>62900717
>>62900782
>>
>>62903479
I believe the statement, yet we cant see the sales data, which is something they'd lie about.
>>
>>62903479
Yeah, they really don´t care about the old fanbase.
>>
>>62903573
By the way, in like April next year we should at least get an idea as to how much money this moves lost them. As you know, get woke go broke and the like.
>>
>>62903479
I am in this discord server. Dawkins is pretty chill ,even when a lot of people said they didn't like V5.

Also of course the first book will have sold well. I bought it because I didn't know better.

We need to wait and see.
>>
>>62903479
You guys all know that this is a business, right? Pouring your heart out for long-time fans sounds nice but if you can get more money by dropping them and bringing in a new crowd there's no reason not to do that.
>>
>>62903924
I´m uploading the books and seeding like hell. Am I doing right, guys?
>>
>>62903933
While in theory that's true, from what I know of business (which, admittedly, is not very much), retaining an existing customer base is significantly more profitable than trying to go after a new one in most scenarios.

Even more so in this scenario since I'd be hard pressed to believe that their campaign is going to be effective.
>>
>>62903933
When has that ever worked? Even more so with expensive IP's that you are still paying off.
>>
>>62903924

Is he right now? Were, what Discord?

>>62903941

Ideally people would not want them even free.
>>
>>62903983
Once they read them they wont want them.
>>
>>62903479

>Regarding ostracizing the fanbase, I'm going to ignore your question and tell you about our new, massive fanbase
>We'd love them to stay, but, you know, if they don't want to eat our shit, then it's their problem
>>
Is V20 Dust to Dust any good? (It's from 2011)
>>
>>62903989

Damn, no complaints here.
>>
>>62903997
It´s weak, IMO.
At least you can diablerize a 6th gen and maybe get the most useless discipline ever.
>>
>>62903479

You know they are totally not desperate when they publicly say "eh, who cares about 'em".
After all WW doesn't need to turn any kind of profit. Paradox is the one paying, so, who cares?
>>
>>62904024
>most useless discipline ever.
Potentce. Dam
>>
>>62904032
Actually, it's Onxypath that foots most the bill. And there private. Paradox owns WW (Thou they license it) and Onxypath is private about there numbers.
>>
>>62903983
Earlier today all afternoon. OWOD discord. Named that, Old World of Darkness. A guy named Badger runs it.
>>
>>62904046
>Potence
You can get that too, but I was thinking of Thanatosis.
>>
>>62904066

So exactly why Onyx Path is pulling up with this shit? I mean, they make the books, their own (licensed) lines compite with their shitbooks?

Demand a better deal of leaven them to be written and published by... who is going to put their time in that IP?
Like literally nobody, because nobody can turn a profit with those books?
>>
>>62903957
>>62903982
Don't get me wrong, I doubt this will pay off huge for them. I just don't understand why long time fans feel personally attacked by this. If I went to McDonald's every week I and they suddenly announced they're not selling fries anymore I wouldn't complain about how McDonald's is disrespecting the long time fans.

>>62903997
I'm not a fan but it has multiple unconnected (or only barely connected) things going on so if you like any of it you can cut the rest and build a proper module out of it.
>>
>>62904451
But this is them handing you a pile of shit and calling it a Big Mac, and saying if you don't like it GTFO and no refunds.
>>
>>62904451

Maybe if they put a warning on their doors:

>If you belong to this or that politcal ideology, we don't want you here. We are happy to take your money, as we have for the past 25 years, but we don't want you in our establishment.

I mean, they said "alt-right". They put on their book "we don't want alt-righters or neo-nazis". What if they said "right"? "We don't want you here in the Community, rightie".

That be cool, too? Or would it be "disrespectful"?
>>
>>62904564

Ah, there it is. They picked sides in the culture war and it wasn't yours.
>>
>>62904673

Is that really a surprise? Perhaps because right-wingers are such a "fringe" group and socially irrelevant, uhm?
>>
>>62904673
Not the same anon but they got reeeal political. So much and tonally out of place it's jarring.
>>
>>62904717
Dude, you can't go five feet in the RPG world without people going politically insane.
>>
>>62904755
Yep.

Which is silly since they went from allegory tof propaganda.
>>
>>62904673
Some of us like to play games without people shoving their political opinions down our throats. Especially if it's a fringe terrorist group drastically opposed to our own political opinions.
>>
File: Our best allies.jpg (59 KB, 234x526)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>62904755

Do they often declare their intentions openly in the sourcebook?
The red emphasys is mine.
>>
>>62904789
You realize they only added that because of some stupid furfag's literal hit piece on the game content, right?
>>
>>62904789

>In game or out game

They give you political counsel. In an RPG. About vampires.
>>
>>62904802

You realize is there, right?

Whatever BULLSHIT excuse is absolutely irrelevant.

>Eh, I only called him a nigger because my buddy bet me 5 dollars I woulnd't do it. I just did it because of the bet!
>>
>>62904802
Who knew furfags had so much power? Lol
>>
>>62904789

When they do this, they tell you how to think "in-game or out-of-game", they are making it about politics. They decided this. They doubled-down on this with the new books.
This is not a fucking errata. They are telling you "in our game, your ideology matter".
>>
>>62904835

Had that furfag said something mean about Trump, he'll be impeached by now!

>>62904821

Perhaps we also don't want that a company would COWER in fucking fear and write this because some random fucker writes about them.
Something called integrity and all that.
>>
>>62904789

>if your friends don't think what we think you should think you shouldn't talk to them

What the fuck is that?

Its like someone wrote that to be mocked. I even think that such a "rah rah politics politics" attitude has been shown as ultimately naive and ineffectual in materials printed by White Wolf.
>>
>>62905006

Hey now, anon, are those alt-right talking points? Because the book says I should "shut that shit down".
>>
>>62901680
Naw, the term for that is Autarkis.
>>
>>62904710
>>62904717
>>62904788
>>62904789
>>62904805
>>62904821
>>62904848
>>62904876
>>62905006

Ah. There it is.

Maybe...don't be a Nazi and this won't be so offensive?
>>
>>62898336
That's like saying Rudi is the third biggest shit stain on my couch.
>>
>>62905963
But I can be a Commie, right?
>>
>>62906157
>>62905963

Yes, Commies like Fidel Castro, Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao, Ceaucesu, or countries like Vietnam, North Korea or China, have never done anything wrong.
Being a commie is okay and you can use commie points in the V5 (apparently, they are not explictly forbidden), but NO alt-right ones (those "you don't need to tolerate").
As everybody knows, alt-right is far worse than Marxism.
Afteral all, Marxism has killed, what, a measly 100 million people?
That's not the real enemy. Those evil alt-righters who play RPGs are.
>>
Unlike scary mages or creepy sin-eaters, vampires and changelings are bros.

Requiem's Guide to the Night, p. 48:

"Changelings: Vampires and changelings have some of the
most potential to interact, especially in a city with a large
Daeva population. Changelings, who feed on human emotion,
are drawn to the excess and exuberance of human expression
and the fantastic range of high to low the Daeva inspire in the
kine. With one foot in our world and one foot in their own,
changelings don’t have the focus to prove much of a threat to
the Kindred, and the two groups can coexist in relative peace,
possibly without realizing the other exists. The way changelings
and vampires rely on humans to keep their sense of self offers
interesting avenues to explore; perhaps a vampire’s Touchstone
is also a changeling’s anchor, or the vampire’s Touchstone was
replaced by a changeling’s fetch."
>>
>>62905963
Fuck you.

Any vampire game that isn't new babes fresh off the fang is going to involve older vampires that reflect older more regressive ideals. Choosing to actually fucking roleplay those should not be shut down by a card and be met with the declaration that you're a nazi.
>>
>>62906301
>Fidel Castro
Did nothing wrong, widely beloved in Cuba
>Pol Pot
Backed by the CIA
>Stalin
Extremely based, kept his country together during a catastrophic war
>Mao
Pretty based although he did some retarded things
>Ceausescu
Retard but Romania was still better off under him than under capitalism
>Vietnam
Did nothing wrong
>North Korea
Unironically did nothing wrong, unless you believe obvious bullshit about North Koreans worshipping their leader's farts or CIA propaganda that says Kim killed some guy only for him to be photographed alive a few months later
>China
Some of their foreign policy is retarded and they've given in to capitalism too much imo but if anything that proves they need to adhere to communism more strictly
>100 gorillion
No respectable historian believes this

>>62906327
I actually agree with this, "vampires don't care about race or sex" is an obvious copout to let you play a black neonate without the ancillae bullying you. That said I can see that as elders lose more and more humanity they stop caring about human concerns like race. Also the really old ones, if they are racist or whatever, should have ideas that seem bizarre to us, like they hate Akkadians.
>>
>>62906323

Of course. Changelings and Vampires united against the Mage Tyranny.
>>
>>62906418

Every single one of your points is a clear lie. Some of them so ridiculous that are more likely trolling attempts.
The fact that you go with the "gorillon" shows me you have picked up the /pol/ lingo well enough.

Your whole post is pathetic, your opinion is irrelevant, and whoever reads it and believes a single sentence will probably be far more idiotic because of that.
>>
>>62906418
Obvious troll is obvious.
>>
>>62906456
>>62906460
Not an argument
>>
File: rapier.png (52 KB, 500x501)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
Obvious troll throwing obvious bait is obvious.
>>
>>62906481
And yours was?
>>
>>62906505
You know communists exist, right? Even if you think I'm wrong the idea that someone couldn't sincerely support communist leaders is pretty strange.

>>62906511
No but I was right anyway
>>
>>62906505

Good bait image, haven't seen that one before.

>>62906543

>Your whole post is pathetic, your opinion is irrelevant, and whoever reads it and believes a single sentence will probably be far more idiotic because of that.
>>
File: Master Baiter.jpg (86 KB, 600x860)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>62906543
Oh, I know. And just like people who sincerely support Nazism or other extreme-right ideologies, you deserve a bullet in your head.
>>
>>62906543

>You know communists exist

With any luck, the next couple of decades should solve that issue.
>>
>>62906660
Isn't that what we all said about 10-20 years ago, and in the late 1940's?
>>
>>62906660
As long as there's a proletariat there will be a communist movement. Your best bet for wiping us out is to accelerate ecological destruction to the point we all have to go back to hunter-gatherer society.
>>
>>62906706

And more and more communist dictatorships keep falling down, and politically (in the countries where they hold no tyranny) communism is more irrelevant than ever.

So yes, they were right back then, too. Perhaps too optimistic.

But, this has become completely off-topic, so enough (for my part at least).
>>
>>62906746
>proletariat
Then how come the Bourgeoisie are the only ones in the communist movements?
>>
File: 4lJe2M0.png (17 KB, 290x400)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Giovanni revival when?!
>>
>>62906860

When you finish your dinner.
THEN you can have it.
>>
>>62906802
Proofs? There have obviously been some members of the bourgeoisie who were communists (Engels is the obvious example) but that doesn't apply to most.
>>
So what has happened to the Settites?
>>
>>62906952
They're joining a side to fuck everyone up.
>>
>>62906892
>Marx was a proletariat!
All the revolution made in history were made by "bourgeoisie" or middle-upper class. Whoever read a book know this.
Lenin was from a rich family
Trosky too.
Go to >>>/pol/ and stop infesting this thread, thank you.
>>
See guys, when they said Vampire was going to be a game of "political horror" this kind of shit was exactly what they were talking about.
>>
>>62906952
They're the other sect equivalent for the Camarilla Assamites. The real clan are all old, exclusionary and in Egypt, all the white people found snake Jesus and joined the Anarchs.
>>
>>62904789
...so am I supposed to think it's a bad thing that a book condemns fascists?
>>
>>62907360
They only condemn one kind of fascism, they are fine with other types of it, like SocJus or Islam.
>>
>>62907029
What exactly do you think Marx did for a living? He owned a factory? He owned land and had peasants work it? And since you bring up the USSR, Stalin grew up dirt poor in Georgia.
>>
>>62907360
>A game where you play as a beast much worse than an human being has to talk about "muh fascist"
dude, it is ridiculous
>>
>>62901812
>>62901920
Ur-Shulgi's politics are literally "kill all non-assamites", i can't see the other clans in the middle east remaining friendly for them
>>
>leave for a whole year and come back
>it's still retarded "political" debates and assamite """""lore""""""
the magefags were right about us
>>
>>62907491
He was the son of a rich rabbi who was an advocate and his uncles had much more than a factory.
>>
>>62907491
>>62908045
We are talking about Philips.
Have you ever heard it?
>>
So about 5e, I know this probably been discussed before, but what about Blood Dice, yea or nae?

On the one hand I like it as a mechanic because it actually feels like you are playing a bestial vampire, but on the other hand I am not sure how it plays mechanically throughout the game.

Also what do you guys think about the beliefs and clan weaknesses?
>>
Personally, I think the mechanics of V5 are fine. They're probably not going to win any friends with the old fans since they're already fine with dealing with the older mechanics and have more content because of them, but I think they're quite streamlined and easy to use, which is exactly what they were intended to do.

I'd say the big condition is that for hunger dice you'll want to use them in conjunction with the "take half" rule a lot, since otherwise you'll end up with random chance causing random screw-ups on a lot of actions based on arbitrary chance. Save rolling for the actually risky situations, no need for you to randomly smash your computer while hacking just because you're feeling peckish. (Though I can definitely imagine a messy critical or fumble involving online activity in the right circumstances. ie- hacker gets cocky and leaves a calling card, or an internet argument draws unnecessary heat to your online activities or even hunter attention.)

I definitely prefer more modular beliefs to the standard humanity track, and mixing personal convictions with chronicle rules seems like a good way to go about things, though it's definitely a good idea to make sure that everyone's on board with the same chronicle rules.

Not as thrilled with touchstones. I can see what they're trying to do, but limiting them to humans is kind of boring. I'd personally either ditch them, or expand them to more general physical connections to the mortal world. A vampire haunting their old house even after it's foreclosed, a neighborhood they protect but also prevent developers from improving, or make a Toreador Wilson Fisk obsessed with a singular painting in their collection.

Clan Weaknesses seem fine, though the Tremere's new one seems a little lacking from a thematic standpoint (I can see why they ditched the old one to allow for more variations in the clan, but the replacement seems lacking.)
>>
>>62908143
I like the dices, at least for now.
I thought they could be really impeding, but the chances of scoring a crits are low (unless you have 4 hunger) and most of the time you can negate them with willpower. They give a lot of tension without breaking the game.
>>
>>62896971
me too. once i killed him by accident and had to turn the game off and sit on my bed with my head in my hands thinking about what I'd done
>>
File: Gargoyle_by_Mark_Kelly.jpg (114 KB, 750x750)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Do they still exist in V5?
>>
So I know many games have a way to play solo, I was wondering if that was possible for vampire?
Hav you played by yourself and what tips tricks would you recdonment please. I hear mythic game emulator is ok for most systems but I’m curious.
>>
>>62909141
Yes, but they are muslim-queer-feminist-trans-vegan-animalist-ecologists
>>
>>62908359

I really liked the potential of blood humors and resonance. Having a semi-permanent buff from a successful hunt/cultivating your herd makes it more interesting.

Learning the first dot of a discipline by drinking from someone who knows it while they teach you is a powerful check on Christmas lists of disciplines. (And means that Sabbat packs all can learn each other's disciplines, which is baller.)
>>
>>62909164

My dude...I highly recommend finding a group of people to play with. Most of the fun of this game is playing with people. There are literally hundreds of larps around the country with dozens of players.
>>
>>62909164
play the videogame?
maybe there are some book-game
>>
>>62909210
Yeah, I figured that would be the best way. I embrace some a few online games that fell apart early on. I’ll probably keep looking for a group. Heck, might even advertise at my library and make my own group there.
>>62909219
Video games what got me in this spot in the first place. I’ll keep an eye out for books though.
>>
>>62907915
You should see the state of magefags now. Check the separate general. The screeching is realy entertaining now that it targets themselves and the changelingfags
>>
>>62910347
WoDg was overran by nWoDfags, they're all kinds of awful.
>>
>>62910347
Which group of magefags, OWoD or NWoD.
>>
>>62910426
There's no OWoD mfgs left in that general.
>>
>>62910426
Yes.

>>62910407
The nonvamp, nonmage crowd seems chill. And be honest, do you not prefer lost over dreaming, and geist over orpheous? Not all reboots failed, but granted, those also wheren't as deep in the metaplot
>>
>>62910459
>The nonvamp, nonmage crowd
is even worse, but arguing about it would make us no better than them.
>And be honest, do you not prefer lost over dreaming
I prefer DAF to both.
>and geist over orpheous?
Both are decent, but I can't ever find the group to play either.
>>
>>62910459
>geist over orpheus
I could never get into Geist myself. I've not yet read Orpheus or Wraith, but I feel like I'd like Wraith better even if the mechanics sound a little screwier. Geist has this whole jury-rigged thema going on for it that makes it feel really out of place. If you ignore it it's decent enough though.
>>
>>62910459
>geist over orpheous
That's like comparing Sorcerer (A one off book) to Mage the awakening.
In short wraith is the mainline, and it was the best thing that no one played.
>>
>>62910714
>Sorcerer (A one off book) to Mage the awakening
Sorcerer was better. Besides, Orpheus got six proper books and four supplements to it, which is more than several mainline splats.
>>
>>62910835
Yeah, and Kindred of the east got how many? Changing breeds got how many?
Not to even bring up that Orpheus was just a pre written adventure. (1 core book, and the rest was a chronicle.) Hell if you take the Giovanni clan book, and add it to the Giovanni chronicles, it'd be bigger and take longer.
>>
>>62910954
Your point being? It's still inappropriate to compare to 'one off book'.
>>
>>62911044
But it was a one off book, with a single railroad pre-written adventure. As I just said.
>>
>>62911084
It clearly wasn't, in neither sense of it.
>>
ITT: Famous people you think are vampires, Ghouls or work closely with Kindred
>>
File: Araki eats a bagel.png (2.66 MB, 1076x1105)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB PNG
>>62912445
>>
>>62901806

What exactly makes it 'wonderful'?
>>
File: zdfjxhcb52cc3mszdhsd.png (262 KB, 680x440)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>62912445
Goes without saying, Right!?
>>
File: Markar.jpg (14 KB, 224x413)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>62912445

Setite ghoul.
>>
Quick question: are there any game shops in Prague where I could find earlier editions of Vampire: The Masquerade? Or at least VtR if not that? I ask because I'm going to Prague next month and I figured I might as well buy some stuff.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (25 KB, 736x407)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>62912445
Settie, after all they love to degrade people before embrace.
>>
>>62912875

And... you are okay with them being written in Czech?
>>
File: Araki so moe.png (135 KB, 258x480)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>62912680
Considering his love of art, I have to assume Araki is of Daeva
>>
>>62912969
There are only fan translations.
>>
>>62912969

What, there's no store that sells them in the original language, i.e. English?
>>
>>62909141
Their unique disciplines will almost certainly be collapsed into Protean like Serpentis was if they ever get added.
>>
>>62906892
Speaking as someone who isn't super political, they always do seem to be middle class, white people. I know/have known two personally, and they're both from an economic 'bracket' above mine.
>>
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>62913660
Tbh I doubt any WW/OP employees besides Dave have the patience to post here. "Gentleman Goymer" is pretty good though. What about "Gentleman Groyper"?
>>
>>62913660

Oy vey
>>
So, Matt here wrote Rudi.

Yep.
>>
>>62913660
Oh, come on, he's a nice guy, don't bully him.
>>
>>62913660
Who? Proof, I didn't see that. (Thou it sounds like something that could've been said)
>>
>>62913969
Proof of what?
>>
>>62914006
Of this "Goymer" quote.
>>
>>62914072
Ask him.

What, you think I screencap every single insult hurled at the developers of v5?

It is a pretty funny insult tho.
>>
>>62913660

As hilarious as that is, I don't remember it being posted "recently". Like, at least in months.
So were is the post who said this?

>Also, one guy says a mean joke about me? I discard THE WHOLE FUCKING IMAGEBOARD as mean meanies

That said, that name is going to stuck.
>>
>>62913660

Whoever came up with that one, please step in and receive an ovation.
It's just so fucking funny.

>>62913773

I would think that a hard YES is in need here.
>>
>>62914156
>>62914156
>>
>>62913660

>I believe
>someone

Gee, with such strong accussations...
>>
>>62914192

Holy fuck. It was him all along and not the swedes.

Please, keep us posted of whatever else this guy has to say.
>>
>>62914230
I am on my GF's mac. Will post the whole conversation later.
>>
>>62914192
I knew it! That shitty actor wannabe is a fucking retard.
>>
>>62914192

>a gay man of islamic faith

This kind of shit never ceases to fucking amaze me.
>>
>>62914244

Ok. Somebody ask him if he thinks Cristiano should be made a canon char too.
>>
>>62914268
I did. He ignored it.
>>
>>62914255

>Gentileman Goymer

Hahahaaha. We have a winner, man.
What else may he have come with, we may never know.
>>
More on Rudi
>>
>>
That's all I have for now.
>>
>>62907104
>snake Jesus

What now?
>>
>>62914360
Tell him he´s a shitty actor, Spekkio.
>>
>>62914457
I am not going to insult the guy like an autist.

He was super chill. And I said v5 was gouging players.
>>
>>
>>
>>62914508
I still want to play this fucking games. Where can I pirate the We eat blood shit?
>>
>>
Spekkio here.

He said we in the server could ping him for v5 shit. Any questions?
>>
>>62914606
Ask him if Blood Magic is going to get other paths.
>>
>>62914638
I will post when he responds.
>>
Times like this this just make me go: "What Would Ander Wood do?"
>>
>>62914655
thanks
>>
>>62914606

Is Obtenebration getting nerfed?
>>
>>62914606
Another 2 questions:
1-Are vampires supposed to be able to increase appearance in V5?
2-Is it true they are capping attributes at 5 for everyone?
>>
>>62914606
Why does he think that Copenhagen is like California?
Why Rudi is portraied like an unflawed hero instead of a vampire?
Why push SJW rethoric if SJWs will not buy the book as the average normal audience?
>>
>>62914606
Ah, tell him that if he want to put a futanari Tzimisce I'm ok with that.
>>
>>62914606
Why do the Salubri have so many Qt's ?
>>
Great, some random guy gives you attention and the whole thing goes "s-spenpai thanks".
Instead of pointing all the very valuable criticism with the game, their treatment of the previous fanbase, the social-political elements shoehorned there... people start "oh please I am your fan I like you not trying to offend".

With these fucking softball questions is he getting an interview or something.

Bah, this General gets a chance to speak it's mind and it's immeditely ruined. Go on, salivate over your idol all you want.
>>
>>62915263
But I like him, anon.

If it was, say, Satyros Brucato I'd laugh in his face.
>>
>>62915263
You can do your critics, please do.
>>
Hey, which version is the best between v20 or v5 ? I'm kinda lost with all those versions.
>>
>>62915366
People here, me included, prefer v20.
>>
>>62915366
If you ask "V20 or (literally anything else)", choose V20.
>>
>>62915263
The guy already cowered because of a dumb nickname, so I'm pretty sure if anyone asked a hard-hitting question he would just ignore it like a fucking cunt.
>>
>>62915366
V20 all the way.
>>
>>62915305

- Why is there a constant reference to "white nationalists", "skinheads", "aryans supremacists" in every other page of the Anarch book as if they were designated enemies?

- Why are not Anarch views presented in the Anarch side that is right-wing fascist, in-universe? Why only the left-wing fascists are presented (i.e. the Cultists making right wingers commit suicide, Damsel predating on right wingers, or the famous example of "Rudy's Army" text)? Is one better than the other?

- Why there has been a general idea of "fuck the old fanbase, they are a bunch of weirdos anyway" like we haven't supported WW existence for decades? Is this the treatment those who have been loyal customers deserve?

- Why such histrionic, completely random elements such as the Sabbat dissapearing, the Elders dissapearing, the events of Vienna, etc, are included out of the blue, with the consequence of the 25 years-old lore dissapearing overnight? Merely to add more books, and in the meantime inflate with questionable artworks? Special mention to the "example of style" in each clan section. Is that a joke at our wallet's expense?

That should be enough.
>>
>>62915384
>>62915408
>>62915410
And i must ask, but why ? What are the differences ? Sorry for the dumb question but it's the first game that i'm gonna make play
>>
>>62915465
And these are good critics.
>>
>>62915465
I understand discordanon not wanting to get in trouble, but these are good questions that should give interesting answers, provided he answers them.
>>
>>62914606
Ask him if there's already any project at work for the Bloodlines. At least the famous ones, like Baali, survivor Salubri and Cappadocians, Gargoyles, Kiasyds, and so on. Far-fetched, counting how we still don't even have Lasombra and Tzimisce and if we're lucky we're going to get a single Bloodline for every subsequent book, but I feel like asking.
>>
Btw I have a theory.
In the V20 there is an introduction where there is a guy that says he could accept himself throught VtM, because playing it he was playing Vampire: the homosexuals, and he related his homosexuality with the vampire world.
Stuff like that convinced the team that they have some kind of moral duty to help people like him and such.
Well, the VtM fans would like to play VtM, not VtSJWs
>>
>>62904789
The spectacular irony here is that most vampires are probably unimaginable shitlords, especially the elders. The idea that centuries old immortals wouldn't hold views modern people consider backwards is just silly.

Vampires still practice feudalism for fuck's sake. What do they think, that your sire still believes in throne and alter but respects LGBTBBQN64 and multiculturalism? Your best case scenario for a 'progressive' vampire more then eighty is him saying 'I have no problems with negros, s'long as they're well-spoken'
>>
>>62915840
>The spectacular irony here is that most vampires are probably unimaginable shitlords, especially the elders. The idea that centuries old immortals wouldn't hold views modern people consider backwards is just silly.
This. So much this.
When did vampires stop being a bunch of selfish assholes?
>>
>>62915949
That too. I mean this is a game about being a monster. You fucking eat PEOPLE. What's the joke, you put babies on sticks but at least you aren't racist?

Who writes this crap?
>>
>>62905963
>Maybe...don't be a Nazi and this won't be so offensive?
I'd be equally repelled if they said the same about commies.
>>
File: Dreh9TrV4AMdzsI.jpg (35 KB, 299x422)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>
>>62915465

Well, if discordanon gets answers to these, it would be great.
>>
>>62916142
So... considering how orgasmic the Kiss is, drinking from the same sex is 100% haram? Whew, I know a couple of Ventrues are going to get fucked hard in there.
>>
>>62916142

Where is that from?
>>
Ask Matt if we'll ever see a campaign or scenario that explores the pitfalls of a destroyed and dissolved society - the true vision of Anarch Free State.

In that scenario the players could be the ones to overthrow the Cam, and then are instantly, INSTANTLY, walloped by the Second Inquisition. Man that'd be so great. This whole painting of the Cam as the baddies is getting old, honestly.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chicago-by-night-for-vampire-the-masquerade-5th-ed
>>
>>62916264
Thank you Spekkio. You da man.
>>
>>
>>
>>62916321

>Quietus and Serpentis are still available

>Except, you know, with 90% less powers
>>
>>62916203
V5 camarilla book, page 68
>>
>>
>>
>>62916537
Saulot didn't look for Golconda, or for Ascension, or for any weird plan including the Baali or his Kuei-jin dark side. He just wanted qt grills with three eyes. Lore solved.
>>
Ask when will the Tremere finally finish off the soul-sucking Salubri.
>>
>>62916602
Disregard the Tremerefag. He is just salty because his clan is full of nerds
>>
>>62916619
t.whore of Babylon
>>
File: 1541559665183.jpg (54 KB, 500x375)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
What's going to happen to the Kuei-jin?
>>
>>62916673
erased or rewritted entirely
>>
File: 300px-Tzimisce.png (11 KB, 300x318)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>62916602
Eat my fleshcrafted dicks, usurper, they dindo nuthin.
>>
>>62916537

>He actually asked him why there are so many Salubri qt

>I cannot be bothered to look for a facepalm reaction, but just picture the best you know
>>
>>62915465
>>
>>62916805
I am going one by one.
>>
>>
>>
>>62915291
Hes in a lot of the facebook groups if you want to. Goatboy that is.
>>
>>
That's all the questions.
>>
>>62916815

So it seems that you won't be getting real answers.
Special mention to "fascist left-wingers" downgraded to "left wingers", and "fascist right-wingers" upgraded to "Nazis".
I guess when you are in the mindset...

This has been a sorry spectacle. I regret reading these, because now I think these people really are a mixture of "we have no idea what we are talking about" with "we do, and we will talk circles upon you until you shut up".

Yes, he's a very chill guy. Cold indeed.
I have no questions for him, everything should be clear know for everybody to see.

Now, to ignore this business.
>>
>>62915840
I can understand the more they get away from humanity, the less they see humans in the categories they put themselves into - they just start to see kinda amorphous blobs with blood that can DO things for them. They wouldn't particularly care one way or the other who you are because it doesn't concern them. Because who gives a fuck?

I would say most elders are genuinely apathetic to most humans. They just don't THINK about them outside of food. It doesn't matter.

Maybe with other kindred, however, you might have some so called 'outdated' views, probably around lineage and heritage. It would absolutely come into play then. They're already super territorial and have an us vs them mentality. The idea that they'd embrace social issues or diversity quotas or some shit is just...utterly retarded.

No Prince is like 'Oh no, sorry Valeria, you can't embrace him, Treme already has too many white cis men so you'll need to find at least an asian woman bisexual childe'
>>
>>62916963

>No Prince is like 'Oh no, sorry Valeria, you can't embrace him, Treme already has too many white cis men so you'll need to find at least an asian woman bisexual childe'

Baron are now.
>>
>>62916858

I shall take his advice and find a different game. Thanks.
>>
>>
>>62916906
Based but still bluepilled.
>>
>>62917051

Where in the world do you live that is 6 in the evening now?
Madeira?
>>
>>62916815
No idea what he's talking about, I know got kicked off some of the facebook groups. Only 3 I'm still even in are the old wraith one, the Dark Ages one, and oh wait the other ones dead.
>>
>>62916961
dude, what did you expect?
>>
>>62917117
Brazil, GMT-4
>>
>>62917144

What do you expect, truth? Don't be silly.

Enough high-school drama for me, tho.
>>
>>62917150
Him to just come out and say the truth. Thou I guesses thats just what ander wood would do.
>>
>>62917051
He seems like a cool dude and actually, his explanation for Rudi has made my dislike less. If he was presented as an actual opportunistic vampire preying upon social justice types who believe they're fighting the power and stuff, I'd actually kind of appreciate that.

I don't mind far far left and communist characters, fuck, I've played a few idealistic revolutionaries in my time BUT the whole debacle of WW peddling backwards to say 'NAZIS R BAD ALT RIGHT BAD DON'T PLAY OUR GAME' coupled with the Anarch's coming off as pandering and wish fulfillment, didn't really build in good faith in me and probably others.
>>
>>62917150

Him taking a stand? Doubling down?
Anything but the bland nothingness.
But it is okay, as said here >>62917187, this is enough of the high-school drama. This is Vampire now, may you enjoy it.
>>
>>62917187
Did you read my thing, I was calling him out and the line about "free to talk in the facebook groups" line.
>>
>>62917144
I don't use facebook, so IDK.
>>
>>62917237

Yes, I did get you. What I meant is "what did you expect, him telling the truth that if you say something they dislike you will be banned?".
>>
Maybe merge back the Generals?

Without Vampire really existing anymore, there is no point in having one General for Masquerade and another for all the other lines, PLUS Requiem.

Merging the Generals may be a good idea. Just my opinion of course.
>>
>>62917327
Yeah, but all the pissing and bitching has kept any of these from dying. (We always move before they die)
>>
>>62917210
Personally, I hold more sympathy more Communism than with Fascism. And the horseshoe theory is pure shit made by people who just want to stop any sort of policy which might lightly touch their Panama bank accounts. But stating it so boldly in the book... it is just lame and I frankly don´t have any issue with fascists liking the game. Honestly, they could do worse things than roleplay.
>>
>>62917327
>Merging the Generals may be a good idea
Fuck that. I can't stand mage-faggotry anymore.
>>
>>62917350
>sympathy more Communism than with Fascism
Do you hold more sympathy for blue M&M's then the rest, too?
>>
>>62917210
>>
>>62917051
Thanks for asking the questions and posting his answers.
Pretty much confirms what I thought, he seems pretty chill, but they're so far in their ivory tower they don't realize how cringy rudi's army are.
>>
>>62917383
Yep, still cringe.
>>
>>62917357

If we merge, there won't be place for Magefaggotry.

The drama is the only think that has kept this General alive.

The drama is going to die fast now that the positions have been so clearly established.
>>
>>62917383

>For the record, Alt Right players can fuck off and play another game

Any questions?
>>
>>62917422
I don't know about you but the first threads were chill and productive.
>>
>>62917350
Same. I don't really care politics wise which way you lean as long as you're happy to RP and not bring the baggage to the table. I don't see why these TTRP companies keep making this retarded stance on 'We don't want intolerant people playing our games! if you align yourself with politics we don't like, get out of our hobby!'

Like, how can you even regulate that? RP is done indoors with friends, that's the entire point. It just feels like such a weird world we live in. 20 years ago WW didn't have to put out statements like this. They just gave you the books and you either liked Vampire, understood the dark nature of it, or it wasn't for you.
>>
>>62917446

>We are tolerant and intolerants against intolerants, we do not tolerate intolerants. If you are intolerant you will not be tolerated.

Eh, there is no logic involved here.
>>
>>62917443
You're not going to change the guy's politics. I thought he wasn't going to answer some, and he did.

I dislike Rudi less, still prefer v20.
>>
>>62917383
Honestly, who here has GENUINELY met anyone who classes themselves as alt-right in real life? It feels like this weird...boogieman, I've yet to actually meet. It just feels like such a vague concept of supposed bad people.
>>
>>62917550
My theory is that they only come out and say it on the internet, because the associated baggage is poison to having an IRL social life.
>>
>>62917446
>I don't really care politics wise which way you lean as long as you're happy to RP and not bring the baggage to the table.
THIS SO FUCKING MUCH.
>>62917550
I was about to post about that too. There's no such things as "alt right" in my country. The more "extreme" of my friends aren't just fan of unregulated immigration and that's it.
>>
>>62917550
No dude.

I have been called alt-right for saying muslims don't like gays.

I'm a Brazilian social-democrat.
>>
>>62917596
I got called a Nazi once for preferring a friendly-looking girl with long blonde hair to one with short dyed hair and the SJW face.
>>
>>62917550
I did. They're not evil, they're just as dumb as any other statist ideology-gobbling idiot. Just raised in different contexts. What you burgers call "libtards" are just people raised on social medias, while "alt-righters" were the summerfags of a couple years ago posting "4chin is so coooool, gas da j00s lol" and then starting to take /pol/ seriously. Just politics influenced by the new medias.
>>
>>62917656
Shit, I wanted to write "the burgers", not "you burgers". Not taking for granted you're from the US, sorry.
>>
>>62917375
I thought I had addressed that queston with the horseshoe remark. I just believe that if we continue this trend of rampant consumerism, inequality and alternative "facts" things will end up worse for a majority of the people.

(generally) The rich avoid taxes and use a little of what they steal (for not paying your taxes is stealing from everyone) in phylantrophy, doing it more as a PR tactic than a real effort at bettering the world. They create big lobbies and fund political parties which favor them pay their employees as less as they can manage. And just wait until robotization starts in full. Nationalizaton of vital resources and services, the creation of fines with deal mor in percentage of wealth rather than a fixed amount and a crackdown on those who call themselves patriots and steal from the masses are policies which I don´t feel outrageous at all. But every time they are stated, cries of Venezuela and Iran start to fly around until debate is no longer possible.

Anyway, for the robotization thing, there is an interesting thing made by the IMF. https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2016/09/berg.htm
>>
>>62917656
I could see that. It swings both ways. I want to say that younger people are more passionate in their views because they're just kinda come into their own and are trying to find their footing personality wise but then, I realised it didn't account for why so many of my friends (who are now 30) are so liberal frothing at the mouth PC.

But I've noticed that our generation hasn't had to grow up and face a reality. A lot of my friends still live with their parents, they're very childish, make jokes about 'adulting' and how hard it is, see the Switch (which, lets face it, is a kids toy) as an ESSENTIAL they need to live. They're still mentally children and therefore have these really big opinions they think matter. They still haven't found themselves personality wise and fill it with useless and stupid liberal and/or right wing doctrine.

It really does remind me of Requiem vampires. So desperately trying to fill the void of being undead and their own God-hole they just start consuming these weird ideas to cling to humanity.
>>
>>62917844
Funny, most of my friends (all in their early 30s) are "conservative" and vote for the main right wing political party, and they all left their parent's house years ago and have a job.
>>
>>62917914
I'm from Seattle so...
>>
>>62917947
I'm from France's countryside so I guess it factors quite a lot too.
>>
>>62917947
>I'm from Seattle so...
My condolences.
>>
>>62917773
>horseshoe
Not talking about horseshoe, the difference between Mussolini and Stalin is merely there race more then anything else.
>Not paying taxes is theft
No, it's tax dodging, even more since that's always just income tax. (out of what you make, not of what you rent)
>>
>>62917773
In my field (Sysadmin) changes are already happening : cloud-based solutions are easier to manage and automate, and we're going more and more IaaS. Which means old skills like managing your local network and infra (swicthes and all) are valued less and less, and being able to script tasks to automate them on the cloud is valued more and more.
I'm already starting to see guys with a lot of knowledge and experience about networking and telco being phased out because they didn't adapt. The older ones take it as a pre-retirement thing, but for the youngers it will be hard. Thanks for the article btw, I'll read that later.
>>
>>62917844
Well to be fair, it's a simple response to an economical and ideological crisis. You don't know what's going on and you start slamming as hard as possible your fists on your chest.
As much as an individualist as I can be, these people show how the masses just can't go on without clinging on "something". Sometimes it's relatable political correctness cranked up to eleven and turned into zealous guilt-tripping for some and a granted moral superiority for others. Sometimes it's just latching to old, failed ideas. I live in Italy, trust me, bunch of people are still clinging nostalgically to an ideology that thought autarchy was a good idea, as if it would be now in 2018, wasted money on absolute bullshit, and lost a war due to sheer incompetency. But honestly, they still cling to Fascism, and I'm talking about real Fascism, because they want a sense of belonging (and because they can't stand black people, but let's... merge that part in the sense of belonging thing). Because they don't want to live in a liberal society as citizens, without morals, without ethics, free to do whatever they want and to build their mindset by themselves. They want daddy Big State telling them what is right and what is wrong.
Honestly, the NPC meme is crap and just the seasonal Wojak that will quickly grow stale, but sometimes I can't help but feel that way. And I feel like a prick for it, since I don't think myself as anyone particularly smart.

Anyway, sorry for the "OT", we should talk about VtM.
>>
File: iwishihadafishtolick.jpg (291 KB, 848x950)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>62918100
No, I get that so you aren't alone. And we should, yeah.

What kinda Vamps are people playing? Pic related. I'm doing a chill nightclub Malk character atm. He's sort of just along for the ride while everyone schemes around him.
>>
New Blegh
>>62918343
>>
>>62918326
I´m playing a dumb party loving Italian ghoul in Philadelphia. His "best friend" is a Nosferatu entrepeneur (another PC) which bonded him because of his extensive contact net with the street gangs of the city
>>
>>62917550
>It feels like this weird...boogieman,
Yup.
It's a fnord. A phrase that people are conditioned to with knee-jerk anger. By encouraging heated discussion on a narrow band of non-issues, the ruling elders can keep the neonates in under control. Fostering the spirit of resentment among the plebs keeps them chained down.
>>
>>62914541
He didn't write We Eat Blood, that was Sarah Horrocks and Zak Sabbath.
>>
>>62917593
Lots of people can't leave their baggage away from the table.Just like people who can't leave their other baggage away from the table, and yet still flock to vampire and WoD even though it's chock full of their personal triggers.
>>
>>62916352
I know appearance is not an attribute, but there is a merit that´s basically it (Looks, on page 179). I want to know if a vampire can increase this merit. Say, could a vampire somehow become good looking?
Whether or not vampires can change the way they look has always been a point of contention.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.