[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: uma-229-mana-vault.png (867 KB, 745x1040)
867 KB
867 KB PNG
"Budget Doesn't Matter" Edition

Previously: >>62894844

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://scryfall.com

>Thread Topic
What's the dumbest thing you've heard another player say?
>>
>>62916738

''We should unban painters servant''
>>
>TQ
Armageddon is so fucking unfair.

t. Damia player that dropped Burgeoning T1 and ramped to 9 lands on turn 3
>>
"Sol Ring is balanced, everyone can play it."
>>
ayy fellas. what're amongst the best dragons in RW?
I'm trying to add in a few fatties for a knight themed deck and I'm gonna throw sylvia and khorvath in because I have them and khorvath actually benefits me.
>>
is this card a trap? i kept it in my hand for an entire game and the only player with enough creatures to make it worth playing was going to die anyway
>>
>>62917060
Unfortunately yes. With most cards that give your opponent a choice, they almost never choose the one you want.
>>
File: 1477640199581.jpg (83 KB, 796x600)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>62916807
>>62916979
I think we just added to The Big Book of /edhg/ Fuckups.
>>
>>62917060
just saw that they put an exclamation mark on the flavor text when translating

exclamation marks don't fit lily's character at all
>>
File: Divine Reckoning_ISD.jpg (112 KB, 488x680)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>62917060
Yeah. It's pretty bad. At best it's a bad version of Divine Reckoning
>>
>>62916738
infect is unfair, or not casual; and eldrazi/fatties are more difficult to answer than superfriends
>>
>>62917220
on the other hand, the translated flavor text was far better on this card
>>
>>62917205
I would say that if a player netdecks, he hasn't built that deck. Copying a deck is entirely different from building a deck yourself.
Building a deck means that you have put together a list yourself. You haven't built a deck that someone else built and you just look it up and copy it. Afterall, netdecking doesn't give you any idea how to pilot the deck, unlike when you build it yourself, since you're forced to think about the cards you're adding and why you're adding them. When you're forced to cut some cards, you need to think about each individual card and need to weigh their usefulness by their own merit. With netdecking, there's no thought process.
>>
>>62917374
Counterargument could be that someone who netdecks and then tweaks it to their own liking is technically tuning or rebuilding the deck.
>>
>>62917164
Masters 1 was fine. Great, even. All sets should have been as good as Masters 1.
>>
>>62917322
I don't care about the flavor text. I care about the cool skellingtons in the card art. Nothing's as cool as skeletons, except for skeletons that come back from the dead!
I would actually love to run Skeletonize in all of my RBx decks.
>>
what are your thoughts and opinions on this commander?
I don't want to include any stax pieces, but I do like seedborn muse, tutoring for things and dumb combos
>>
>>62917425
Yes, but netdecking is copying a deck online. If you're looking at a list and modifying it, you're not netdecking. Looking at common cards in your commander's decks from EDHrec isn't netdecking either.
>>
>he hasn’t preordered ultimate masters
>>
>>62917486
Yisan doesn't really run Stax. He runs responses to everything. Opponent Plays Paradox Engine, Instant speed Rec Sage. Competitive Yisan is also usually just infinite mana combos.
>>
>>62917569
>he literally cannot stop sucking WotC's cock
>>
>>62915346
How many lands does he run?
>>
>>62916738
Tq
"Flying is a stupid mechanic"
t. My friend getting ass blasted by dragons
>>
File: 83215_200w.jpg (24 KB, 200x285)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>62917060
On your own turn it's trash
>>
>>62917896
>imagine not being able to fight against kaalia
>>
File: 1497427337784.png (60 KB, 154x242)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>62916738
TQ
>I should be able to proxy a $300 card
>>
>>62918008
Eh, if everyone's on the same page for what's allowed, seems fine by me. The Meta will adjust.
>>
>TQ
"Stax is just fundamentally an unfun archetype, you're allowed to play it but it makes you a fun-hating dickhead."
>>
>>62918027
We let people proxy, but only if they're small things like "I only have one top but three decks." or "I need a certain $10 card for my deck to work but I don't have it". Not "I'm going to proxy Invoke Prejudice because it will make my deck better"
>>
Finally ordered my jund lands deck back from the crypt. Played it a lot before this year's commander product, sold the pieces in the heat of everyone running on the staples, and just bought back in now that all the tards have stopped running catman. I'll take my OG Vaevictis, thank you much
>>
>>62918067
I'm firmly of the belief that cool effects over $100 are proxyable. No need to drop that much on an effect in a game, we've all got our own lives. Game's a game. But if you're at an LGS, then ye proxying is a bad idea. Same if there's money on the line.
>>
>>62917896
Literally me, monogreen and gruul is the only true fair magic.
>>
>>62918008
I have a proxy of Mishra's Workshop, but only because I have an actual Mishra's Workshop.
>>
>>62917060
Even if they only have a few creatures, they either lose them or chunk off a good amount of life. It's still worth it.

Part of learning the value of cards is realizing that the perfect big-play scenario is rare for most cards. You'll probably never get to dump infinite mana into it or hit a guy with 20+ creatures for X = 10.

But if X = 5 and the player has 5 creatures? still pretty good.
>>
I was against proxying until they revealed UMA. It is eminently clear that they will NEVER try to make eternal formats more available and this last example of price gouging packaged product to preserve the inflated value of eternal format staples is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I'm ordering chinaman fakes for me and all my friends for the holidays.
>>
>>62918365
Or for that much mana you could drop Sorin Markov and put them down to 10 life.
>>
>>62918219
This is fine
>>
>>62918551
Or you could do any number of other things, but that doesn't mean the card is worthless. You can pretty much always think of some better card because this game is so flexible, variable and wide in scope.

What if they're already at 10 life, or close to it? Markov might only bring them down by 1-10 points as opposed to potentially 25 like in my example.

What if you get extra value based on opponents losing life or saccing creatures? Lots of black decks play this way. Each time the opponent makes the choice, they can either cause other opponents to sac or lose life, cause you to gain life or draw cards, on top of the effect that's happening.

What if you don't have $80 for a card that isn't even fun to play with? Markov has a use against players who get infinite or very high amounts of life, sure. Commander damage works too. But nobody I play with would find it very fun for someone to just drop Markov in a normal game on turn 6 or earlier. This point is subjective but it's worth noting since powergamers infamously don't have self awareness.

Playing smartass won't get you very far, especially when your viewpoints on value and worth are so skewed. You haven't been playing EDH very long, have you?
>>
>>62918736
>that wall of text
The point is, Killing Wave is bad because in most situations, it does a thing other cards do better, for the same price or lower, and it gives your opponents a choice, making it even worse. If you want to go after life totals, you've got better options. If you want to go after creatures, you've got better options. Here, you're inefficiently giving your opponents the choice between either of these effects for each creature they own. It's not even "pay 25 life or sac 5 creatures", it becomes "pay 15 life and sac your trinket mage and solemn simulacrum, keep all your relevant creatures and still present a kill next turn".

Killing Wave is bad, your wall of text is bad, you're bad.
>>
>>62918888
I don't know how to respond to someone so off base other than I hope you enjoy CEDH more than you enjoy playing a childrens card game with friends
>>
>>62918931
>Killing Wave is good and you're a cEDH faggot
Do you really want us to list all the sweepers you could get with a very tight budget that are still miles ahead of Killing Wave? This isn't about cEDH versus 75%, this is about you defending bad cards tribal as viable. If you're paying 6 mana to kill all creatures but still giving opponents the choice of saving any of their creatures for 5 life, you are, objectively, playing a shit card.
>>
>>62916738
>What's the dumbest thing you've heard another player say?
capitalism isn't the problem

>>62918008
it's not against the rules to proxy. all casual formats allow for use of proxies if your playgroup is okay with it. wotc has been clear about this.
>>
>TQ
"Even if they only have a few creatures, they either lose them or chunk off a good amount of life. It's still worth it.

Part of learning the value of cards is realizing that the perfect big-play scenario is rare for most cards. You'll probably never get to dump infinite mana into it or hit a guy with 20+ creatures for X = 10.

But if X = 5 and the player has 5 creatures? still pretty good."
>>
>>62918988
It might be the same anon who legitimately thought black suns zenith was better than damnation
>>
>>62919098
Toxic Deluge is better than Damnation though.

I'll fight you over this.
>>
>>62918988
>>62919098

I mean, I run Erebos Nuke.Dec and I don't run Killing wave in it. the card's straight up shit unless you can make an absolute ridiculous amount of mana, but then, just play Death Cloud.
>>
>>62919118
i'll agree with this. the flexibility of deluge is amazing. being able to kill indestructible creatures is also really useful.
>>
>>62919177
>>62919118
Can they fucking reprint it anytime soon? I need it for my monoB deck.
>>
>>62919231
"We are happy to announce Commander Masters! Including much needed reprints like Mana Crypt, Toxic Deluge and Teferi's Protection. MSRP of $340 per box."
>>
>>62918535
Seething
>>
>>62918535
good on you anon, i wholeheartedly agree
>>
>>62916738
>*ramps 7 times*
>MLD is so bullshit!
>>
File: akmjwqxdkh611.jpg (163 KB, 1242x1610)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
How to I make my deck good enough to not get destroyed, while still keeping it fun and casual?

Currently I'm running a pretty trashy Oloro pillowfort deck with very few wincons (bond/blood and felidar sovereign are pretty much it). I don't want to spend heaps of money; though I do have a list of cards I would like to acquire in the future, most of them are not cards I can get quickly on my very strict budget.

Currently I pretty much get destroyed every fnm by much more thought out and usually expensive decks, it doesn't appear there is much I can do about it. Is it just that I'm playing a fairly weak commander or deck, and I need to rethink my entire process, or do I just need to wait until I can get a hold of some better cards?

I also don't want to make some fucky competitive deck, because I feel like that ruins the point of edh.

pic unrelated
>>
>>62917060
its an ok card, your not supposed to dump all your mana into it unless your like a big mana mono black deck or something
>>
>>62919418
>your not supposed to dump all your mana into it
Like everyone else has said, it's literally only good if you're doing exactly this, and if you're doing this then you have better options. It's a shit card.

>Thread Topic
"I don't play against blue, it's such an unfair color."
>>
>>62919461
>"I don't play against blue, it's such an unfair color."

This guy in my group once tried to get counterspells effectively banned in our meta this way.

"Does that deck have counters? Then I'm not playing it."
>>
This is Avacyn. Say something nice about her!
>>
What are the decks in your playgroup that everyone dreads? And don't just say a specific commander or combo and leave it at that.

I want to hear about your grossest board states, brutal win-cons, nothing that's guaranteed to happen or even the point of the deck but something that makes you hyperventilate cause you know it COULD happen
>>
>>62919544
I would play the shit out of cost increasers and hope he cascades.
>>
>>62919610
Nice rack
>>
>>62919544
My response to that would be either one of the following 2 reactions.

-K bye have fun

-Isochron scepter/Counterspell Go
>>
>>62919610
She makes my dudes indestructible and when they die she spergs out and burns my enemies while "healing" me if you know what I mean.
>>
>>62919676
I agree, but here's what happened

I decided I'm just going to try and build a deck that will fuck his whole life up without using a single counterspell since not only did he have by far the most degenerate deck, but he was a sore winner AND a sore loser.

He added counterspells to his deck to combat this

Told him to get fucked, he eventually sold his whole collection and never played again
>>
>>62919756
Well hey man, sounds like you did the right thing. I once actually managed to get my playgroup to stop pestering me about me playing bad decks.

I typically play decks that do ''interesting shit'' try to use cards noone uses.

But after playing so many ''bad decks'' and getting shit for it, i did end up building a deck that has answers to EVERYTHING.

People hated it, i retired the deck, and they got off my back, god i loved it.
>>
is inalla reanimator feasible? i don’t mean just the labmans deck, but using wizard synergy to dump all mah bois into the yard.
>>
File: confound.jpg (41 KB, 500x384)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>62917028
>be in USA
>cheapest boxes I can find online is $270
I'm tempted to just call the LGS and see what they're marking it as, I don't really about getting good shit or not, just seems like a decent set to draft with friends
>>
>>62919881
yeah i mean get that champion fairy, oh man so good.
>>
>>62919118
Dude, no one's fighting about that. Deluge is better than Damnation in almost every situation.
However, Killing Wave is trash in all situations.
>>
>had to go to Wal-Mart earlier
>decide to check the card section
>they had a single Selesnya guild kit in stock
>grab it

Should I get any of the others, since they had a couple of the other guild, or is Selesnya the only one with the value in it?
>>
>>62918365
just play damnation idiot
>>
>>62920427

Personally i think the izzet one is dope but selesnya is the best value.

Though selesnya is still fucking gay.
>>
Should I strip down my Azorius control deck that currently is the only source of counters and boardwipes in the meta to build the Thada Adel "Sol Rings borrowed to pay for Eldrazi" of my dreams? Problem is that strong need for wipes and I have nowhere else to slot em in.
>>
>>62920819
What about Selesnya is even remotely gay, just because I like to wear womens socks and underwear under my clother doesn't mean I'm gay.
>>
>>62920819
Honestly might cop the Izzet one since that Niv looks nice as fuck
>>
>>62920819
>>62921062
I see /edh/ still loves it's forced memes. Never change my salty babies.
>>
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-11-18-edgar-edh/

Rate my trash vampire deck? Pls no bully, I'm new to Commander.
>>
>>62919273
I really, really want a "Commander Masters" style set but I know it would be the biggest monkey paw. What could be an opportunity to saturate the market and bring down a bunch of $2-5 dollar uncommons and rares down to less than a dollar, we all know they'd pull the usual $10 a pack bullshit
>>
File: Shock Frank.png (419 KB, 328x651)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>62919118
>tfw opponent cracks Dark Depths and all you have in hand is a Toxic Deluge
>>
>>62921355
You think they'll print a new Marit Lage token in UMA? Or will we be cucked and have to drop $20 on the original.
>>
File: 1519406369819.gif (1.38 MB, 326x268)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB GIF
>>62921383
>not already having one from the prerelease
>>
>>62921383
>You think they'll print a new Marit Lage token in UMA?
She's in the set, so yes.
>>
>>62921383
>buying official tokens

You dun goofed
>>
File: 1540675131186.png (33 KB, 128x128)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>62921443
>one from the prerelease

>>62921468
>tfw actually like the original Sliver tokens but they're like $10-$12 each
>>
>>62921485
Just proxy them.

I mean, people will get mad for cards, but fucking tokens?
>>
>>62921530
I have collector's autism though

That being said I should get some 1/1 Hippos for my Phelddagrif deck since WotC never bothered to make any, and there's some nice ones out there.
>>
>new episode of game knights
>its yet another commercial for a product no one wants

honestly why do i even bother?
>>
>>62921844
At least they made that random side vid where they just had clean gameplay footage.
>>
>>62921253
I think a great Mythic lineup would be like:
>Land Tax
>Ravages of War
>Capture of Jingzhou
>Force of Will
>Imperial Seal
>Massacre Wurm
>Purphoros, God of the Forge
>Scourge of the Throne
>Doubling Season
>Food Chain
>Maelstrom Nexus
>Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
>Sliver Legion
>Mana Crypt
>Cavern of Souls

Notable Rares:
>Bloom Tender
>Cabal Coffers
>Command Beacon
>Cyclonic Rift
>Mana Reflection
>Oracle of Mul Daya
>Phyrexian Altar
>Phyrexian Tower
>Riding the Dilu Horse
>Rings of Brighthearth
>Runed Hollow
>Scroll Rack
>Sylvan Tutor
>Wound Reflection
>Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed
>>
>>62921253
>they'd pull the usual $10 a pack bullshit
$20/pack because UMA sold out to scalpers and showed that people are willing to pay more for premium products.

Man, how the hell do they shit out something like UMA right after the Guild Kits come out, and those all actually have their MSRP worth of value in reprints.
>>
>>62921871
>here faggots, have this shitty side project and give us more patreon bux
>its just original game knights that everyone loved

but..... but why?
>>
>>62917107
>Yes I do because both decks are goign to be asymmetrical and neither player has full knowledge of what the other person has so technically and logically when the match commences it's a 50:50 chance.
That's just fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>62920427

i bought one of each aside from golgari(already had all the cards in it from way back) to make a watermark guild deck for each guild. They will give a good breath of fresh air for one of my two groups. One group i play with are all good at the game but poorfags so i supply the decks (have around 25 or so) and i think a focused guild theme would be nice for flavor games. Most of the decks have about equal value for what you pay for and the lands alone are simply beautiful.
>>
>>62922146
>One group i play with are all good at the game but poorfags so i supply the decks
>play with a guy who does this for our playgroup
>haven't heard from him in like a month

But yeah, I might be grabbing at the very least the Izzet and probably Boros ones when I get paid next.
>>
>>62922289

Fat chance but does that guy make fun of another for being bad at shuffling?
>>
>>62922394
Not from what I can recall. Also he only has about 12 decks IIRC
>>
>>62922419

ah nvm then, I haven't been with that group in about a month too.
>>
File: 1531199754782.jpg (834 KB, 1214x1239)
834 KB
834 KB JPG
>>62918008
Against what rules? This is EDH, it's essentially casual garbo format with shitty banlist.

I'm so fucking done playing against people with 3500$ stax decks in EDH, fuck this format and it's snobby elitist fucks.
>>
File: rudedog.jpg (36 KB, 600x600)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>62922691
>wants you to actually play real cards
>snobby elitist
>>
>>62917855
Like 30 at most, usually upper 20s.
>>
>>62922846
Playing stuff like Mana crypt, Grim monolith etc. in sole purpose to drop winter orb or comparable bullshit and denying proxies to match up the powerlevel is pure pay to win snobbery. Don't act like you don't know the fucking type and I've seen more than enough already.
>>
I took a break from /edhg/ for about 6 months. Glad to see that we're still arguing about proxies.

Did I miss my $100?
>>
>>62922887
I am personally offended by this.
>>
Commander anthology 1 or Ultimate Masters?
>>
>>62923016
So what 300$ proxies are you dropping to counter that? I don't remember artifact destruction being priced quite that high.
>>
>>62923074
Are you being daft or illiterate on purpose?

>denying proxies to match up the powerlevel
>>
>>62923055
Black Lotus vendor fakes.
>>
>>62923037
Yeah. I bought a Yawgmoth's Will with mine.
>>
>>62923052
What he tends to do on top of just not running enough land is to cut land in order to put in a new card he likes, then never replaces the land.
>>
File: readbones.jpg (146 KB, 704x386)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>62921922
Hey /tg/ looking for cheapish (mana cost) inst/sor draw, and for my Ramos deck. Advice thus far has been thrown to these.

Not sure why black, and not sure why Painful truths is considered 'best'

Please explain.
>>
>>62923287
Because you draw three for three ideally.
>>
>>62923287
If you have a graveyard component, you can use this too. Get another counter on Ramos and synergize with any other multicolor-matters elements in your deck.
>>
What decks like wrathing and don't feature Blue (Zurgo need not apply)
>>
>>62921638
I had to make custom survivors a few months ago for my War-Riders, but then C18 brought them. You'll get your hippos some day.
>>
>>62923527
Probably won't get this in C19 since we already had a Bant deck this year, so low chance Questing Phelddagrif gets reprinted low chance anyways because R&D is autistic about Phelddagrif/Questing so gotta cross my fingers for something that makes 1/1 green hippos otherwise.
>>
>>62923287
Lots of charms have draw options paired alongside removal. Abzan and Sultai come to mind, as well as Izzet and Azorius, to a lesser extent.
>>
>>62923558
The hard part is Amonkhet just had 3/3 Hippos, which might become the new "usual hippo size", if we even see them again.
>>
>>62919695
if a normal black lace choker is a black belt in dick sucking what skill level has avacyn achieved
>>
Do Gisela Broken Blade/Bruna Fading Light count as a dual commander? Like Ishai/Vial smasher or something similar?
>>
>>62923811
No, but just running Bruna in the command zone almost gives you that. Use her ETB to reanimate Gisela. The problem is just consistently getting Gisela in grave every game.
>>
>>62919610
At least you died, I still have to live with more lore that has been butchered.
>>
>>62923287

Black is often best draw in edh because life loss is less of a drawback with 40 life to play with. Black tends to give you the best ratio of mana cost to cards drawn, at the cost of life, which is perfect for edh

Painful truths seems ideal in a Ramos deck, only costs 1 black mana pip, and you're likely to hit 3 colors
>>
>>62923287

Couple your heavy cantrip focus with Alhammarret's Archive and be rewarded for your greed.
>>
File: Tivadar of Thorn_TSP.jpg (119 KB, 488x680)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
I present the OG Goblin Slayer.
>>
Thoughts on this commander?
>>
>>62924409
A. everybody knows that card
B. anime sucks
>>
If I have Felidar Sovereign with "At the beginning of your upkeep, if your life total is over 40, you win the game" out on the field with 40 life, and also have some sort of curse with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 2 life." which triggers first? I think you don't because you lose 2 life at the same time your Felidar checks your total.
>>
>>62923287
syphon mind is great
>>
>>62924490
you choose the order of the triggers
>>
File: goblinslayeredh.png (1.68 MB, 1162x850)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>62924409
we already were aware of this before the anime was even announced.
read the LN.
>>
>>62924409

Goblin Slayer more like CGI slayer lmao
>>
>>62918219
That's different, people who play with cards that they paid more than $100 for at purchase are retarded.
>>
>>62924615
i play with reserve list cards that are worth hundreds of dollars each. i didn't buy them to look at them.
>>
>>62924651
But do you play with Reserved List cards that are worth thousands of dollars each?
>>
>>62924727
i don't have anything in the thousands but people in my playgroup do
>>
>TQ
"spirit of the format" in any context
>>
>>62924490
You stack the triggers. So, basically, you win the game.
>>
>>62924527
>>62924490
It depends on who controls the curse. If you control the curse and felidar, you choose the order in which they resolve. If an opponent does you use APNAP order and your trigger will go on the stack first but resolve last, meaning you lose the life before felidar resolves and you don't win the game.
>>
>>62924490
When you control multiple triggers that would trigger at the same time, you choose the order they're put onto the stack. If multiple triggers are controlled by different players, players put their triggers on in turn order starting with the active player.
>>
>>62924479
How is he as a good stuff commander
>>
>>62923037
You also missed Squandered Resources. Can an Anon please post it?
>>
>>62919006
>it's not against the rules to proxy.
Provided a card hasn't become damaged during play it is by default illegal to proxy it.On the other hand, EDH is about rules that your specific playgroup agree upon. If everyone's cool with it, go nuts.
>>
File: google translated eldrazi.jpg (1.21 MB, 1123x1569)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>62925111
Thanks.
>>
>>62921882
Shitty list, this is just Money Cards Masters. There is nearly nothing Commander about it. Add cards that debuted in Commander products that don't yet have foil printings like what they did for Magus of the Wheel in M25.
>>
>>62925247
>There is nearly nothing Commander about it.
Commander is the only reason shit like Ravages of War and Imperial Seal are Money Cards, anon. It would be a very deliberate choice to have them in a Commander Masters set, because their entire function is to just be "Armageddon 2" and Knock-Off Vampiric Tutor.
>>
File: pp,550x550.u1.jpg (35 KB, 550x422)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>"tribal" deck
>has changelings in it
>>
>>62925359
reaper king decks who run more than two changelings are for fags
>>
>>62925247
There's a difference between cards being relevant to Commander and cards just having been printed in a Commander Precon. Pretty much every card on that list is more relevant in Commander than any other format, so it would definitely go towards the stated goal of Masters sets being a product meant to make their targeted format more accessible.
>>
>>62921253
I've been saying this since even before Dominaria, but Dominaria gives it more weight since they've shown they can do it. I'd have a Commander Masters set have a dedicated Legendary slot in each booster and be crammed full of popular commanders, downshifting a bunch of them into Rare from Mythic or into Uncommon from Rare. In Limited, you get to pick a Commander for your deck, but it doesn't restrict your color identity, just so you could still include stuff like Commander's Sphere and Command Tower without them being completely useless. So you could draft a GWB deck and then pick up a Karlov to run as the Commander because you happened to take some nice lifegain cards.
>>
File: 39421_200w.jpg (30 KB, 200x285)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Post your favorite non-legendary creature in all of mtg
>>
File: eve-73-primalcrux.jpg (250 KB, 672x936)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>62925687
>>
>>62917220
I like this card because it doesn't bring as much hate as a major board wipe and it destroys indestructible stuff.
>>
is a box of battlebond worth $115 canadian?
>>
>>62925800
Why do you think it destroys indestructible creatures?
>>
File: 1513664547841.png (603 KB, 576x521)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>62925687
>friend casts it
>next turn equips grafted exoskeleton
>mfw he swings that shit at me
>>
>>62925733
That flavor text is so awkward.
>>
>>62916738
I miss magiccards.info
>>
>>62926155
Obviously not recently, they were purchased by scryfall and it now redirects there. magiccards.info was definitely the best search engine, though. Scryfall is still slow in comparison
>>
>>62925687
She'll never get old.
>>
File: inS1Doa.jpg (47 KB, 473x662)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>62926209
Oh, also, the new-ish promo art for her is great too. Wish I could read the flavor text though.
>>
I don't know what to build next, someone choose something for me. Pic is my current decks also post if you got them
>>
>>62926264
Seleniacide is stupid and I love it.
>>
>http://www.starcitygames.com/articles/37865_Commander-Cards-You-Shouldnt-Play.html

Reason number 482 that the EDH Rules Committee need to be ousted with extreme prejudice
>>
what are you favorite stupid expensive cards? I'm looking for goofy shit to cheat in with jodah so hit me with your best shot
>>
>>62926264
Jedit Ojanen
>>
>>62926550
Worldspine Wurm is a favourite in my playgroup. Also Stormtide Leviathan
>>
>>62926289
They can't kill you if you kill yourself first.
>>
File: 1503933684647.gif (179 KB, 375x375)
179 KB
179 KB GIF
>>62926475
>Sheldon is thinking about banning Paradon Engine
>Before Staff of Domination

Holy shit, he deserves his cancer.
>>
>>62919941
1euro=1,2 dollar. The US is cheaper.
>>
>>62925687
They always forget about him.
>>
How do you guys shuffle? I have tiny baby hands so I can't riffle shuffle properly. I usually just cut my deck in two and side shuffle.
>>
>>62926796
>staff of domination
in what world is this card even possibly ban worthy??
>>
>>62926952
this guy does work plus his art is so bad ass
>>
>>62926978
>I can't riffle shuffle
Good
Just mash shuffle
>>
>>62926264
assmira no doubt
>>
>>62927036
he says at the beginning of the article that these are simply cards he doesn't like to use himself. he hasn't and isn't pushing to ban them. and for the most part he is right. a lot of these cards are unfun trash.

some of his choices are really random tho.
>>
>>62926991
Staff of Domination is literally a 2-card infinite combo with any creature that can produce 6 mana, and it's not just infinite mana, it's infinite life and draws as many cards as you want.

Paradox Engine doesn't do any of that shit.

>>62927036
He's not banning anything in the article except maybe Paradox Engine the next time the RC convenes. Even still, this article was gay aids 'waah my format spirit, waah my target audience.'
>>
>>62916796
i mean this wouldn't be the worst thing ever. we've already got enough degenerate infinite combos in the format. who cares if we get another?
>>
>>62927077
>any creature that can produce 6 mana
so, selvala? paradox engine can go into everything. it gets played a lot more and it has no use other than doing broken stuff.
>>
I wish I had people to play with. I have 4 decks and never played a single game.
>>
>>62927089
do you have an lgs? i play at my lgs all the time and the people are surprisingly cool. i've even hung out with a few outside of the lgs.
>>
>>62919610
at least they didnt make her black
>>
Would pic related be worth its slot in a Boros Voltron Deck?

My List: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemnes-march/

What do you suggest I cut?
>>
>>62927095
The closest one I have is a 2 hour dive away. I buy my cards from a small comic shop, and they only sell sealed product.
>>
>>62927116
you were implying that he is going to ban everything. everything except paradox engine is just a card he dislikes. he also says that it's important to keep the banlist small. you're being petulant.

>It's literally a high costed do-nothing artifact
it's an infinite combo piece. i've seen it go infinite many times.
>>
>>62927112
she's pretty bad

>>62927134
you could ask around the comic shop or maybe look for facebook groups, etc.
>>
>>62927086
>paradox engine can go into everything
not really
>it has no use other than doing broken stuff
what, so generating value in a sisay deck is broken? getting multiple (but not infinite) kiki-jiki activations is broken? if you've reliably got enough mana rocks that paradox engine generates more mana per turn than caged sun or mana reflection and the ability to protect a 5-drop that does nothing immediately, your deck is "broken", not the card.
>>
>>62927086
Selvala, Marwyn, Elvish Archdruid, Axebane Guardian, Overgrown Battlement, Bloom Tender, Gyre Sage, Magus of the Coffers, Sacellum Godspeaker, Metalworker.

And that's just what I know off the top of me head. There could be more.

Oh, and anything that can turn an artifact into a creature + grand architect. Ensoul Artifacts, Tezzeret Agent of Bolas, Sydri, Karn, Toymaker.

Staff is a lot more busted than Engine, especially since it's easily a lot more tutorable.
>>
>>62927151
Five mana is kind of steep in Boros, but her -2 to bring something from hand or yard to field is pretty nice.

I could remove Sword of Kaldra from the list and put her instead. And on the outside chance she ults, a free +5/+5 sword to boot.
>>
>>62927112
The dickish thing to say would be to cut the deck.
But for an actual answer, cut Argentum armor if you really want to put her in. It's just too expensive. I'm personally not a fan of her though, my Boros decks are more reliant on damage doublers since that shit is bonkers with double strike.
>>
>>62927164
Oh, I also forgot March of the Machines.
>>
>>62927140
>it's an infinite combo piece. i've seen it go infinite many times.
there are dozens upon dozens of infinite mana pieces in the format. should we ban carnival of souls? kiki-jiki?

if we're gonna ban a prominent infinite combo here let's go with food chain which lets you immediately trade in your dorks for the second piece of the combo and go off instantly for 3 mana
>>
>>62927164
And Ashnod's goes infinite with a lot more than Scepter.
>>
>>62927173
>The dickish thing to say would be to cut the deck.
Because its Boros or because the list is garbage? I was looking through, it's kind of old. I'm going to update here in a second.
>>
>>62925800
>destroy the rest
It doesn't get rid of id stuff
>>
>>62927181
The two go kind of hand in hand, but it's mostly Boros. Kalemne also wants you to play big things in colors that can't ramp at all.
But never be discouraged by playing something you want to, it's a jank format after all. Everything can work, depending on the meta.
>>
>>62927180
Altar also requires a lot more set-up, and more pieces.
>>
>>62927206
1 Ghave.
>>
>>62927204
The deck works pretty well I have to say. I get a lot of great games out of it. But is Nahir really that terrible?

A few of my friends dislike this deck much more than my Vial Smasher / Thrasios big mana. It's "less oppressive" than one shotting people on turn 6.
>>
If anything the state of Mono Black is the worst failing of the EDH committee imo. The fact that excepting extreme 'build-around' commanders all reasonably well-built Mono-B decks look almost identical is just sad. They even play out the same in most situations because its the colour of tutors out the ass.

If the RC would just nut up and hand out some bans to cards that legitimately fuck up the format, finalise rules on wishboards etc, and other longstanding issues it'd be so much better.
>>
>>62927258
definitely should be playing Godo. fetches an equipment to play and gives an extra combat step every turn.
>>
>>62927286
Could just Godo Helm every time and take infinite steps and grab all my equipment.

Hmm. That would be a lot better than Nahir.
>>
>>62927258
Nahiri is decent, but Voltron itself is weak so it's a bit a a kneejerk reaction. As for your deck, I'd suggest Steelshaper's Gift and Open the Armory, along with some cards that give Protection from colors. The way I play it is give her +2 or +3 with an equipment, make her unblockable with either Trailblazer boots or protection, and a combat or damage doubler. It's not the amount of equipments that matter, the the ones that win you the game.
>>
File: 20180104_211108.jpg (858 KB, 2896x2896)
858 KB
858 KB JPG
>>62927261
>finalise rules on wishboards
they already have
>>
>>62927304
oh, and don't forget Sram, your second copy of puresteel paladin.

i'd go deeper into the equipment theme too, maybe cut some of the bigger angels that don't do much for your aggro plan.

mask of memory gives no stats but draws plenty of cards, something you definitely want.

and, finally, if you want to speed the deck up by a turn, consider sylvia/khovarth as a replacement for kalemne. sylvia by herself is a 3 mana double striker who only grows stronger when you cast your second commander, who is himself a double striker with haste.
>>
File: IMG_20181016_003932.jpg (91 KB, 714x707)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>62927220
It does not go infinite with just ghave alone, go be stupid somewhere else.
>>
>>62927367
the 'tism is strong in this one
>>
>>62927367
not him, but paradox engine also requires multiple cards to go infinite.

sure, they're mana rocks, but if you've got enough mana rocks that paradox engine gets big, you're either playing a super degenerate deck with all the fast mana or you've drawn a shitload of cards
>>
>>62927367
It loops infinitely guy, it just doesn't do anything but you can still keep doing it until the clock runs out or your opponent scoops.
If you really want to be technical, then get an Altar and a Zulaport Cuttthroat. Ghave is always available so it's a 2 card combo for all intents and purposes. That's still less than what Paradox Engine or Scepter need.
Even not counting all the degeneracy Ashnod's can create, there are cards that need less than that to go infinite. Wanderwine is a one card win combo with Inalla in your command zone.
>>
>>62926475
What a massive fucking faggot. May as well ban sol ring, tutors, all those nasty cards that don't involve turning creatures sideways. Mass creature removal is bad too, and so is draw, so just ban wheels and wraths too. The fact that people like this who just did like archetypes of decks or certain cards based purely on personal taste, like that this massive cock sucker just seems to hate untapping effects because they make him feel bad, are in charge of decision making is just proof that we shouldn't listen to them.
>>
Post your game winners.
>>
>>62927440
go play your own variant and get others to play the way you think is acceptable then
>>
I call 911 whenever one of my opponents try to argue about the Oblivion Ring perma exile trick
>>
>>62927613
I'll start

Torrent of Hailfire
>>
i just had literally every basic in my deck in play the other night in monowhite

emeria shepherd is hilariously good if it sticks
>>
File: 47d.jpg (313 KB, 4685x2457)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>62927622
>not conceding immediately after they decide for it to stay under the Ring instead of returning to the command zone
>>
File: Image.jpg (29 KB, 223x310)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>62927613

+60/+0 FOR EVERYONE!

*crowd roar*
>>
>>62927613
Spy Kit, Donate, Eradicate is one of my favorites. I built a degenerate sultai combo deck with all the strongest tutors and fast mana, but my payoffs are dumb shit like that instead of insta-win combos. Makes games a lot more fun :)
>>
>>62927723
my only complaint is that it doesn't have black in it so i can't play it as my Rat Colony commander.

it's definitely one of the first things i tutor for though, such a good card.
>>
>>62927787
keep in mind it says power OR toughness. your goddamn ball lightnings or whatever are unblockable too.
>>
File: Inquisitor.jpg (30 KB, 223x310)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>62927613
>>
File: 082.jpg (97 KB, 312x445)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>62927795
True, you are right to give this reminded because most of the times ppl always remember the 'power' wording but forget it also trigger with toughness. As you said the panel of big beater with low toughness is alrdy wide enough to make the card threatening, especially with spicy shit like pic related.
>>
File: 1516947893957.gif (1.09 MB, 200x270)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB GIF
>>62927641
>torrent

you fucking faggot nigger
>>
File: Innistrad Angels.jpg (391 KB, 1843x1228)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
If I want to run all 4 of these creatures together, why shouldn't I run 5 color?
And why shouldn't I just drop Bruna and just run Mayael?
>>
>>62927613
>Tap 6 forests, Nissa: Sage Animist ult w/ Sylvan Advocate.
Get 6 8/8's with a 4/5
>Use 3 floating green to Emerge Decimator of Provinces off of one of my creatures.
8/8's are now 10/10's with trample. 4/5 is now a 6/7.
>Ult Nissa: Nature's Artisan
10/10's are now 15/15's with trample. Decimator is a now 14/14 with trample and haste. Advocate is 11/12 w/ trample and vigilance. Added to the board of beefy creatures I may-or-may-not have.
>Bare minimum of 115 damage w/ trample.
>>
>>62928290
Doesn't sound very reliable to have two ults go off in a turn.
>>
>>62928199
Why is Sigarda so afraid to show her face? You can't see shit in both cards.
>>
>>62928333
I don't think I've ever seen a PW ult in decks that weren't dedicated Superfriends.
>>
>>62928333
You'd be surprised, usually everyone is too busy rushing the Teferi/Chain Veil player or trying to keep the control decks from taking off to focus me.
Even if I don't get the Artisan ult, Decimator still puts it in the 60-70 range.
>>
>>62928344
She's the least attractive.
>>
>>62928376
Technically the most attractive now, compared to a pile of ash and a Tentacruel.
>>
>>62928354
It's a borderline Nissa tribal with a splash of blue answers and creatures. I can have 3 Nissas out at any given point so I end up ulting at least one.
>>
>>62928402
Despite being dead, Brisela is still more visually appealing than negbait Sigarda.
>>
>>62927089
I also have this feel. It's even worse though, I can't stop building decks. It's legitimately a problem.
>>
>>62927089
Most card shops have an unofficial EDH night if you ask about it.
>>
>>62927613
Teferi PW + Chainveil + MonoU Tezzeret + Tamiyo + Tomorrow + Creature Teferi + Knowledge Pool.
Have Teferi and Tamiyo Emblem.

It's convoluted as fuck to get to that point and extremely redundant, but when you manage to get all that in one turn, it's a feeling one cannot describe.
>>
>>62928369
So you win because of bad threat assessment? I don't think that's a viable goal in general.
>>
>>62928431
Mine doesn't. It's a comic/figure store and they just have a few card game packs on the side.
>>
>>62927686
What?
>>
>>62928447
Oh...
>>
I wish when Sorin gets out of his rock he'll make some new angels, if he still can. Innistrad is fucked with no one to protect it and Sigarda needs some new sisters.
>>
>>62928522
He can't anymore, he made Avacyn pre-Mending
>>
>>62918008
>t. I have money and want to win via my wallet

Thank god for chinaman, fuck WOTC.
>>
>>62923287
skeletal scrying if you run a few rocks
>>
>>62928438
He just draws his deck until he gets Terferi/Chain Veil. Combos to infinite mana then uses something (forgot the card) and deals infinite damage and wins.
>>62928444
Usually the person who targets me is running Upgraded Windgrace or Voltron and gets jumped by the other 2 players.
>>
>>62928607
My bad, "damage" is the wrong word. He just kills us.
>>
A one have a fun Depala vehicle/dwarf deck I can look at? I need some spicy tech and inspiration for mine.
>>
File: My shitty decks.png (1.28 MB, 2112x680)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>62926264
>also post if you got them
>>
>>62927204
>but it's mostly Boros
I think Boros is actually starting to sit in a pretty comfortable spot. Unlimited Aurelia Works is a potential gamewinner on her own without seeing her even attack, even better if you can get blade of selves on some other omega-3 fatty. Access to some tremendous ramp if you tend more to the white side of things.
Good tutors.
Comfy one-sided Land dickery.
*IF* your playgroup allows wishes, you have the two best wishes.
Passable recursion.

Of course Boros is best with a tribal emphasis for things like Herald's Horn and Vanquisher's Banner. I personally think there are around 6 angels and both Odrics that need to be run regardless of what tribal elements you pick.
Divine Visitation is also damn good, but it does interfere with Aurelia's infinite combat.

As an aside, Truefire Captain+Odric, Master Tactician can make for some very tasty fun.
>>
>>62924479
Ran him with double strike enablers, namely fireshreiker and others. Heavy ramp, double combat shit. was good. goodstuff.
>>
Just copied and then "Populate'd" this nasty lady 20 times.

funniest jank win in a while
>>
>>62925203
>It's a real disaster
that one always cracks me up
>>
Do you think we're gonna get UMA blister packs on europe?
>>
>>62921355
You might be losing 20 health either way, at least you can actually kill her still if you have Toxic Deluge over something like Damnation
>>
>>62929411
I've never seen any of these. Where do they even sell them?
>>
>>62929058
>tfw play Mishra
I'll fight your jank with my own jank.
>>
>>62929450
On the US apparently they are going to be sold at walmart and target. You can find some people with the preorder up on tcgplayer.
>>
>>62929469
I meant in Europe. I've only ever seen a game store carry bundles and boosters of one set, hidden behind some pokemon boxes.
>>
>>62929512
No idea. Trying to find out because I wanted to grab a couple packs since I don't feel like gambling on the box topper itself and honestly miss me with this 250 euro box bullshit.
>>
>>62926232
It's all about her jibun.
>>
Are there any temur commanders that lend themselves well to an artifacts strategy? Currently playing Jhoira and I love it but I feel like splashing green could be cool.
>>
File: 10263_200w.jpg (26 KB, 200x285)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>62927613
He has a tentacle mouth on his fucking wing.
>>
>>62929605
No.
>>
>>62926264
I need sauce on frog faerie mouth rape image
>>
>>62926264
Esper goodstuff. You look like you already have the foundation.
>>
>>62928600
Not always the case. In my group the guy whose been playing since the Urza blocks and has all the really old and good cards either never uses them or if he does he uses them in janky decks that have no chance of ever winning.
>>
Why the fuck isn't privileged position going down in price after being reprinted
>>
>>62928199
I'll be honest bros, I would a Gisela.
>>
>>62929788
Chill asshole, it got reprinted like five minutes ago. Give it some fucking time.
>>
>>62929612
I literally always thought that was his tail. After owning and playing with it for 15 years.
>>
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prosshfood-chain-1/?cb=1541777492

pretty good deck if i do say so myself : )
>>
>>62928438
Why? Why not run stasis, trinisphere and Teferi?
>oh no, everyone without fast mana is ultra fucked
>everyone with fast mana better hope to God they aren't tapped out and have more than 2 mana up to cast a single spell with a land drop
>meanwhile you can do LITERALLY ANYTHING. The game is over at this point, go for the most convoluted finisher in your deck.
>>
>>62929873
Nope, duck dragon has a fucking mouth on a tentacle on his wing. Favorite card in edh and legacy.
>>
>>62927641
Torment of hailfire is fucking boring. It's "fart, wingame" or worse, you don't win and then the game goes on.
>>
How does Path of Ancestry work with Partnered Commanders?
>>
How's Jori En for a spells.dek? I'm torn between a very interactive Jori deck and a fuck-your-permanents Jokulhaups tribal Keranos.dek
>>
>>62930033
Looks great, very close to the cEDH version of Prossh. Very good curve and ramp package. There are some here and there that can be improved, mostly on lands cause you have too many etb tapped lands and some really bad lands desu. Run the battlebond over the SOI ones. I guess you are holding to get fetchlands, which should be priority. I'd go for 29 or 30 lands, since the deck is fast enough, specially if you get fast rocks: Chrome Mox, Mox Diamond, Mana Crypt and Lotus Petal
>>
>>62930583
yeah, i'm getting fetches soon or later. next paycheck or as a christmas present for myself maybe
>>
>>62930484
>702.123e If an effect refers to your commander while you have two commanders, it refers to either one.
>>
U N F
N
F
>>
>>62930500
I used Jori En for UR artifacts before nuJhoira. Is good to have a situational card draw in the command zone that comes early. Keranos sounds more effective for what you have in mind. Spellslinger decks don't run that well if its not storm, and for UR you have Mizzix, and that deck is overdone to death
>>
>>62930625
Thank you. I was certain this was the case, but I just kept skimming and missed that.

And one further question, if I have it create say white, and then use it to pay an untyped mana cost, will I still get the scry effect to trigger (let's just say both are humans)?
>>
Are there any tried & tested Angel decks that aren't shit in commander?

I was thinking of going with this
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/commander-archangel-avacyn-61980#paper
>>
>>62930713
>tribal
>base white
>not shit
I'm so sorry anon.
>>
>>62928670
>4/6 are muh tribal

Oh sweetie honey pie...
>>
File: 166[1].jpg (267 KB, 672x936)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>62930703
If you spend the mana for any part of the cost to cast that creature spell, it doesn't matter what part you spent it for.

For instance, say you were playing Inalla and the only way you could generate black mana to pay Shivan Emissary's Kicker cost is with Path of Ancestry. You'll still get the scry.

Let's go with an even weirder scenario. Say your commander is Mistform Ultimus and an opponent has Grand Arbiter Augustin IV. You cast Ornithopter and have to spend 1 mana thanks to GAAIV, so you spend mana from Path of Ancestry on it. You'll still get the scry.
>>
Evens I build Hapatra
Odds I build Slimefoot
>>
Turbo sperg here.

I want to build a couple casual decks. I'm talking super duper beginner ultra basic casual decks. Unfortunately I'm too stupid and autistic to be able to understand what that means. How optimized can a deck be that's still fun and intuitive for a new player? What kind of things should I avoid if I want all 4 people to have fun?
>>
I just upgraded my Anafenza and my Aurelia decks. I'm cashing in a big paycheck for a study I participated in so I'm going to upgrade a third one. Dubs pick which it will be:
>B/R Doomsday Grenzo
>Ephara control
>Edric, that fucking faggot
>Maelstrom Wanderer (feat. F-Chain)
>Daretti stax
>Brand new deck! It could be anything!
>>
>>62924479
Shes fun, you can do good stuff or storm out if your that guy
>>
>>62925016
He can do literally anything you want him to
>>
>>62931039
I'm just going to throw in some archetypes that casuals and beginners in my group have found a lot of fun:
>First strike + deathtouch
They just fucking love this "combo" for some reason. Makes them feel unbeatable. Archetype of Courage + Deadly Recluses, equipments that give either keyword, even enchantments that do it, or Tims that can be given deathtouch.
>Xenagos
Making a big guy bigger is always popular with Timmies.
>Rube Goldberg artifact durdling
Just throw in tons of somewhat synergistic artifacts in a pile and see what "combos" they build out of Clock of Omens and whatever kind of myrs / myr factories they have. Makes them feel smart.
>Dethrone / voting matters / Monarch
This shit is always fun and interactive. Generally not great for powerful metas but casual tables enjoy it.

Or, if you're a huge fucking faggot, you can just build 4 different tribal decks and call it a day because dumb Timmies cream their pants over tribal.
>>
>>62931152
>>62928670
>Or, if you're a huge fucking faggot, you can just build 4 different tribal decks and call it a day because dumb Timmies cream their pants over tribal.
Oof
>>
>>62931194
How will they ever recover? Pressing F as hard as I can right now.
>>
>>62931194
He's right tho. First thing new players and timmies think when trying out a new deck idea is, indisputably, tribal. Second would be thematic decks (artifacts, enchantments, superfriends and tokens)
>>
>>62931473
But that's false!
>Second deck I ever made is Dragon tribal
Oh.
>>
>>62931152
>First Strike/Deathtouch

God I love Glissa the Traitor in Shattergang. Thanks for reminding me I need to tune that deck.
>>
>>62931039
One of the decks must be Unesh tribal Sphinxes.
>>
>>62930771
Angel tribal can be pretty damn solid if you're not a retard, what with all the vast cheats that exist. Unfortunately slapping (any) Avacyn at the helm is retarded. Flip may be an acceptable Commander, but then you're playing Boros which is now back to retarded.

>>62930713
Bruna is the best value Commander for monowhite angels, Aurelia is the best for Boros.
I would advise against monowhite/boros and instead run Mardu or Orzhov.

In any case, you MUST at a minimum include Cryptic Gateway, Urza's Incubator, Herald's Horn, Belbe's Portal and Thran Dynamo in any fatty deck.
Cheers.
>>
>>62931077
First for build a new deck.

I vote Jodah Maze's End.
>>
>>62930933
Ok, thanks again. I was reading it that way, but I kept getting some uhhhs at the table recently and wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.
>>
>>62916738

"Rift is broken"
>>
>>62931077
It seems you've made a mistake in not considering a Krenko deck.
>>
File: EDH Decks.png (744 KB, 1148x753)
744 KB
744 KB PNG
>>62926264
>>
File: RaMCO4kV_400x400.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>62931077
>>62931700
>these dubs
>>
>>62931700
>>62931727
>>62931797
Can I build Maze's End with a Krenko subtheme?
>>
>>62931473
I have roughly 8 tribal decks that I can easily pivot colors around which consist mostly of high value weenies. I suppose if anything they're more "+1/+1 counter" decks masquerading as tribal.

I don't know if Voltron/MLD is a Timmy thing but Dakkon is a pretty cool dude.

I only have one "Timmy" deck because lol Ur-Dragon
The Timmys at my table dislike me because I always have an answer for them and they get rekt by 2 and 3 drop creatures.

I've always considered myself a Vorthos with light Johnny elements, but I generally cannot stand infinite mana combos that can't be interacted with.
>>
>>62931877
>Krenko subtheme
No. Krenko is the BOSS
>>
>>62932097
Why are you forcing this Krenko meme? He's fun to play a few times, but boring after that. Also forcing memes is stupid.
>>
>>62927261
>another babby whining about monoblack being homogenous
Monowhite is even more homogenous. I know, let's ban land tax and wayfarer so the color is even shittier
>>
>>62932281
>whataboutism
>>
Is white the most expensive color to build for a new/casual players? Your "good" cards all cost a fucking fortune and have little to no viable substitutes.
>Land Tax
>Weathered Wayfarer
>Swords
>Jitte
>Stoneforge
>>
>>62931942
Ur-Dragon tribal is fun. You build a scary as fuck board. The 3 other players see your scary board and either wipe it and/or kill you in the space of 2-3 turns.
>>
>>62932479
White is the second worst color combo to build, newbies shouldn't be doing it anyway.
>>
>>62932521
That made me confused. Then laugh. And then cry. Boros is literally worse than monowhite, what the fuck is wrong with that fucking guild.
>>
>>62932442
>buzzword
>>62932479
White has the highest "viability" initial cost, but the lowest optimization ceiling. Pretty much the only big bux card in white that you'd seriously want to play is Moat and after that Replenish, Rector and Humility with a large gap. You probably want SOFAF even for nonwhite decks anyway.
>>
>>62932544
>And colorless is better than either.
>>
>>62932546
"Buzzword" is a buzzword.
>>
>>62932575
>Null Rod on the stack
>>
Anyone got some spicy techs for Kaalia Angels and Demons? Got the idea last night to build her but want to try something fun in it.
>>
>>62932544
>Boros is literally reeeeee etc. etc.
I want poorfags and/or brainlets to leave
>>
>>62932546
But a non-white deck can be perfectly viable without any of the good equipments. Or any equipment at all. A viable deck can be built for 80$ for most colors. Not so for white.
>>
>>62932608
Are you saying that Boros isn't the worst color combination? Make your case.
>>
>>62932599
Torment of Hailfire
>>
>>62932612
Pretty sure I could muster a good Teshar list for that much, if I leave out all the moxen and scroll rack etc.
>>
>>62932521
White is easily the worst, because its philosophy is all about toeing the line and playing within the rules, where Red's philosophy of going all out and doing whatever it wants lets it get "unfair" cards. White's best commanders are like Sram and Teshar, who are going to lose out to Red stuff like Daretti or Purphoros every time.
>>
>>62932625
Rakdos is the worst combo. Grenzo arguably keeps it afloat.
>>
>>62932599
Here's your spicy tech: don't build it. People will see your commander and gun you down first every time. On the off chance you survive and get some beats in, you'll inevitably run out of gas before you can finish the game.
>>
>>62932660
Quite telling that they've printed a grand total of 2 mono-white legendaries that let you draw card and they both are neck and shoulders above the other white commanders.
>>
>>62932660
Except both of those colors will beat Boros most of the time.
>>62932679
Wrong. Rakdos has way better card draw than Boros thanks to black.
>>
>>62932679
I think Boros still averages out worse. The only thing halfway viable they've got is Aurelia infinite combats, which is worse than Grenzo.
>>
>>62932705
>Except both of those colors will beat Boros most of the time.
Oh, I misunderstood what you were saying there.
>>
>>62932679
A Rakdos deck could have a blank card in the command zone and still fare better than Boros.
>>
>>62932696
Teshar doesn't let you draw cards, he's only good because he goes infinite at the drop of a (metal) hat.
>>
>>62932721
My bad, I can see how I was potentially unclear in my original statement.
>>
>>62932625
How about unlimited tokens paired with the easiest access to infinite combat in the game for starters?
There's ramp out the ass.
Plenty of draw engines, Nahiri/geier reach, skullclamp dovetails with the above unlimited tokens.

There is literally nothing wrong with boros anymore except stigma.
Assemble the legion paired up with divine visitation is god-tier.
>>
Obvious, objectively true statements some /edhg/ autist will always argue against:
>Boros is the worst color combination
>White is the worst color in the format
>Cyclonic Rift is fine
>MLD is fine
>Sol Ring and Mana Crypt should be banned
>Sheldon is a cuck
Any more?
>>
>>62932822
So if Boros isn't the worst, what colors are worse than Boros?
>>
>>62932714
>>62932723
Brion and some Tajic builds can stand on its feet remarkably well. The trick is to avoid tokenshit in Boros like the plague. Everytime somebody complains about Boros, it's usually "I've been playing tokenshit". Card draw isn't a big issue in Boros, you cram in Land Tax, Wayfarer and wheels and it should last you a fair while. Tutors are the bigger issue, since the only truly remarkable one is Enlightened Tutor and "why isn't this a Jeskai deck" Rector. Boros really isn't "bad", the issue is "why play Boros when I can play Naya/Mardu/Jeskai and 99% of the time you get better support for your strategy.
>>62932739
Card advantage still. Also Lin Sivvi is in that category.
>>62932822
Or you could play Godo and get a free tutor for your broken combo for the same mana.
>>62932857
(you)
>>
>>62932878
Ink-Treader
>>
>>62932891
All you're doing is pointing out that Boros can do things. Other colors can also do things, sometimes the same things but better, other times just flat out better things. Also you trash tokenshit while fapping over Assemble + Visitation. Did you know Visitation is a shit card? You did not? Well now you do.

Give me one (1) color combination worse than Boros.
>>
>>62932916
Partners commanders.
>>
>>62932918
Should be responding to this >>62932822
>>
>>62932933
There's a plural?
The only viable combo sucks eggs and you're better off dropping to three color over the unfocused fustercluck that is ink-treader
>>
>>62932891
>Boros really isn't "bad", the issue is "why play Boros when I can play Naya/Mardu/Jeskai and 99% of the time you get better support for your strategy.
You seem to be supporting the argument that Boros is the worst color combination with this statement.
>>
>>62933000
You could play Kydele and Akiri and just ignore Akiri altogether and you'd have a deck better than anything Boros can do. Hell, you could play Ink-Treader (if your group allows), simply never cast it, and have a better deck than anything Boros can do since you traded having a "relevant" Boros commander for two extra colors and that's an excellent fucking trade.
>>
Bump limit reached and we're falling fast. New thread: >>62933113
>>
>>62932660
While still the overall weaker color, White has the easiest time against Purph out of anyone else.
>>
>>62933031
In a vacuum Rakdos is still worse. It's just that Rakdos is obsoleted in fewer ways.
>>
>>62933136
If you plan on playing a fair game, sure. Tons of decks just goldfish faster than Purph.
>>
>>62933168
I don't play Magic in a vacuum. I'm guessing pretty much nobody does.
>>
>>62933194
Being obsoleted isn't "bad". Fleshbag isn't a shit card because Plaguecrafter exists. Old Niv Miz isn't a shit card because new Niv Miz exists. It's just that building a Boros deck that isn't "wannabe Naya" is a tight spot and it requires you to read the commanders more closely.
>>
>>62933244
The fuck does that have to do with the vacuum argument? You say in a vacuum, Rakdos is worse. How so? When are we going to be playing a game in a vacuum so someone can experience firsthand the worseness of Rakdos?

In reality, in this physical dimension, in this place and time in the universe, Boros is worse than Rakdos.
>>
>>62931473
My first edh deck was cEDH tier infect followed by staxx. It took along time to understand that wasn't what edh was about for 99.999999% of players.
>>
File: Traxos.png (126 KB, 223x311)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
I want to make an EDH deck with Traxos as commander, just for fun. Any recommendations?

I've got Paradox Engine and artifact token generation.

I figure I'll need Darksteel Foundry, and some of the Eldrazi big bois. What else would you recommend.
>>
>>62933975
unwinding clock, springleaf drum, paradise mantle, anything that can abuse the untapping of traxos
>>
>>62934154
clock of omens meant instead of unwinding clock, it's a good card none the less.
>>
>>62933975
memnite, ornithopter, and phyrexian walker for free untaps
>>
>>62932857
I'd agree with most of this but argue that the only banworthy thing in the format is Partners, and that Red is the worst single color, though, at basically all levels, assuming you're not talking about a monocolor deck. The strongest Partner combo decks omit Red completely and those that don't run a bare minimum of cards - usually Fire Covenant and Pyroblast - while comparable White decks have access to StP, Silence, and even an Imperial Recruiter equivalent. You've got combo enablers, tutors, and synergy pieces like Bomberman, Enlightened, and Loyal Retainers. Red gets basically nothing outside of monocolor Commander-focused synergies and Kiki combos enabled by white cards, while having a white color combination gives you access to Tymna in the command zone. It's barely comparable.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.