[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>62896071
>Barrens_Beatdown.trid
>Self_defense.knwsft
>Fashion_trends.news

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 584 (55% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Wanna go down to the malt shope tomorrow?"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Strength.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon
>>
/srg/ meta edition!

Why are you here right now and not on r/shadowrun, the official forums, dumpshock, or in any of the other places that regularly discuss this most glorious system?
Are you here exclusively? If not, how do those different places compare? What's better/worse? What can you only find here? What do you enjoy/hate about /srg/?
>>
>>62926096
>edition
Let's not and say we did.
>>
>>62926096
Don't have a Plebbit-Account (I lurk there occasionally once in a blue moon), Dumpshock is full with assblasted retards and Trollmann-Fanboys.
I do have an account on the official boards and Pegasus, but don't post much atm.
>>
>>62926096
>Why are you here right now and not on r/shadowrun
Multiple reasons,
>I've been using 4chan longer than I've been playing Shadowrun
>Post busty Elvish sluts and get away with it
>Basic anonymity, my opinion matters as much as the next anon's opinion unless said opinion can be refuted
>>
>>62926235
And regarding the preferences: srg has the advantage of being the fastest and the one most open to free speech, wheras the official boards don't have you replay the same discussion with the same samefagging turds and smug autistic retards again and again every few weeks or days.
Also obviously preserve information better.
>>
>>62926096
>Why
Whenever I pick up a new game, be it vidya or tabletop, I come here or go to /vg/ and checks if there's a general for it. You'll get something like the OP pastebin, you get the gist of the general system and its downfalls, and you can avoid the echo chamber of places with named accounts, because here, people have no qualms to call you out on your bullshit.

>Exclusive
I read other places, but I only post here.

>Better/worse
Different. Other places are different. Multiple perspectives help to understand a thing better. But /srg/ still provides the least sugarcoated place to get information and exchange thoughts on, and I appreciate that. The diminished archiving doesn't bother me much - I am shit at taking notes, and I rather mindmap things out and memorize where the information was (i.e. what book) than look up the conversation itself.

>What's only here?
See above, plus the fetish fuckdoll poster and the Not!Mech poster and the angry RAW is life anon.

>Enjoy
The candid exchanges.

>Hate
The sperging, samefagging and read the books.
>>
>>62926096
Dumpshock died. I like 4chan. The official forums are filled with wankers.
>>
>>62926422
couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>62926422
>What's only here?
Don't forget the hobo manablade adept guy
>>
>>62926985
Oh, sorry, hobo manablade adept guy. You are right, there is a hobo manablade adept guy here. Hobo manablade adept guy is pretty cool.
>>
>>62926257
>>Post busty Elvish sluts and get away with it

Please do.
>>
>>62926294
>the same samefagging turds and smug autistic retards again and again every few weeks or days.
Dunno about the turds, but at least if you want to explore an idea that triggers the autists ad nauseam, they will indulge you.
>>
File: lav en plan.png (415 KB, 663x701)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>62927018
>>
File: ,.jpg (265 KB, 800x1202)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>62927038

OK I guess this is more Office Chic... but still!
>>
File: The Elven Offers.jpg (141 KB, 716x1087)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>62927071
>>
>>62927038
That's not an Elf!
>>
File: 1529311399250.png (966 KB, 1700x1267)
966 KB
966 KB PNG
>>62927091
Cosplay's a thing in 2072, right?
>>
>>62927105
>Cosplay's a thing in 2072
It's bigger than ever, actually. Imagine the cosplayers of today with access to smart fabric and AR overlay.
>>
>>62927091
those are office hoes. office chic would be right around the knee

t. daily observances of the salary(wo)men in a major metropolitan downtown
>>
File: ARLARP.png (100 KB, 360x687)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>62927105
>>
>>62927119
Imagine the cosplayers of today with access to nanopaste, skin dyes, cosmetic surgery, bio-grafting, and at the expensive end, gene modding. Even if a given cosplayer can't afford or suck someone off for any of that, there's spells to work with.
>>
>>62927105
>blizzard is still alive in 2072
truly dystopian
>>
>>62927150
>Even if a given cosplayer can't afford or suck someone off for any of that, there's spells to work with.
If you can't afford a bit of cosmetic surgery than you sure as hell aren't going to have access to spells. I still want to make Ren Fair Man, a Human Adept for whom life is a LARP as he crawls across the country from Fair to Fair.
>>
>>62927142
>What are you cosplaying as?
>Oh, I'm Neil the Ork Barbarian
>And your friend? The one drenched in blood and bodyparts?
>Oh, he's not cosplaying, that's just him.
>>
File: 1537588213104.jpg (223 KB, 844x1920)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>62927105

Shoot, you're right!
>>
File: 1539174127437.jpg (278 KB, 660x1365)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>62927188
>>
File: 1478774416071.jpg (110 KB, 900x1250)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>62927196
>>
>>62927168
>If you can't afford a bit of cosmetic surgery than you sure as hell aren't going to have access to spells.
You say that like wizgangs and all kinds of cheap ass spell slingers don't exist.

There are awakened selling handjobs spiced up by magic, according to Vice. There's going to be awakened using their gift to pull cash out of people who want to look cool at cons.
>>
File: deevee_censored.png (1.07 MB, 630x1950)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>62927018
>>
>>62927236
>There's going to be awakened using their gift to pull cash out of people who want to look cool at cons.
Fuck, there's another concept right there; mage who makes a living using their talents at Cons, and after using their skills on some honest-to-goodness Shadowrunners, discovered they can be making so much more money (and do something way cooler) than disguise a pasty nerd as a Night Elf.
>>
>>62927236
>people who want to look cool at cons.
Forget dolling up the cosplayers. Imagine being the guy who Healthy Glows and Sterilizes every single fatass. You'd be bankrolled by con management and the people would fucking tip you.
>>
>>62927272
Walk in and part the tide of visible stench like moses, towing a little red billy cart filled with your people - reagents. You'd be a hero.
>>
>>62927245
He asked for BUSTY Elves, anon. Though I guess hips that wide make up for it.
>>
>>62927279
>>62927272
Such a savior of the stench-suffering could only be called one thing, Con Air.
>>
>>62927301
It's p busty for an elf.
>>
File: chic.jpg (173 KB, 747x1070)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>62927119
I think you forgot to mention that there are entire nation states built around the idea of LARPing a made-up fantasy culture, complete with state religion and proprietary martial arts for which there is an institutionalized death penalty for educating outsiders.

They've even got their own Zoe Heritage line.
>>
>>62927336
>Ehran the Scribe reveals Sperethiel to be an artificial language during one of his "artsy" phases back in the 700s
>>
File: kwMgYdf.jpg (21 KB, 425x425)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>62927323
I'm afraid this thread peaked early.
>>
>>62927279
That's a one-time thing. Be the Sales Guru who signs them all up for loans on clean metabolism and metatype reduction surgery appointments.
>>
>>62927389
>That's a one-time thing.
Yeah, for that Con on that day.
>>
>>62927413
Whereas the loan and enforced payment rate + interest just keeps on trucking, con or no con.
>>
>>62927422
Thus the discerning Con Mage will specialize in both providing discreet magical services to remove your grease layer and miasma death cloud, and sign the more ambitious up for routine medical procedures at shocking interest rates!
>>
>>62926096
Plebbit power users are obnoxiously unbearable.
>>
>>62927358
Harlequin was the class clown who mostly everyone thought would be a school shooter. Ehran was his only friend and played the effete high school intellectual. They were both beta orbiters for Alachia and her real love - big beefy cAlamais.
>>
>>62927444
I posted once - once - on plebbit and it was a little more in-depth about the datamined source code of an AAA game, and ended up being quoted as "the reddit user [anon] says..." on a vidya """""""""""journalism"""""""""""""" website, and that scarred me for life and I will never do that again.
>>
File: 1502822696310.gif (367 KB, 240x180)
367 KB
367 KB GIF
>>62927439

>>62927439
>>
File: file.png (1.24 MB, 800x1035)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>62927301
>>
>>62927487
Sadly, Qabbalism is a LOG+WIL tradition, so if you're pumping Charisma it's purely for the charisma.
>>
File: wrynn_censored.png (1.44 MB, 948x1892)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>62927511
I commissioned Rupert Everton once, for a fantasy character of mine that I played for almost nine years otherwise the price tag would have not been remotely warranted. This way, it was largely unwarranted and not entirely. Requested on a Thursday, delivered on Friday, amended and finished on Saturday. The guy's fast and astonishingly capable without anything but words for references. I suppose you get what you pay for.
>>
File: 1429306172382.jpg (98 KB, 635x457)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>62927598
>for a fantasy character of mine that I played for almost nine years
>>
>>62927598
>Nine Years
Holy shit Anon, that's a long time. Was the play with that character consistent or was is a on/off thing? Either way I'm impressed
>>
>>62927652
Consistent except for one year break, yeah. I played her on multiple platforms, mind you, but her inception was during the hay day of Neverwinter Nights - it's not a Shadowrun character, but a Forgotten Realms one. Then NWN2, then F-List. On all these platforms, it's always been long-term campaign stuff, which ended up with a document to the tune of 15,000 words chronicling her adventures and such.

This is all largely off-topic, though.
>>
>>62927704
Alright, to get back on topic: what's the longest/shortest span any of you anons had a character for? My personal shortest was 3 sessions, lost him due to a TPK that he 100% caused and I'm not sure about longest off the top of my head. Current character's lasted longed than I expected him to, though
>>
>>62927598
Yeah, I've got a Shadowrun face mysad that's been in a campaign going two years now? He's creeping up on 500 Karma so I'm not sure if he's about to retire or not. Would be a shame because I feel like there's so much more I want to do in the setting. Either way it's about that point that I should really look into getting art of him because it's the only SR character I've built up to that point.
>>
>>62927749
I don't play Shadowrun long enough to have racked up any impressive numbers. DeeVee ( >>62927245 ) is seven weeks old and that makes her one week older than my Shadowrun career. A game of 3E back in the days not withstanding.
>>
>>62927750
try the drawthread?
>>
>>62927750
My first SR character was a magicians way adept (and a blatant self insert, but it was my first rpg). Long since retired from play, but for every current character I note the cash and karma on his sheet too.

Long term characters, even fake ones like that, are fucking stupid for stats
>>
What's the best C1/L1 contact?
>>
>>62927944
Street urchin
>>
>>62927012
Thanks, anon. I'm also the guy that plays the cyberpsychosis Russian street sam face / gangster / punk rocker that had a GMC Pheonix that continually had more kills than anyone in the group.

>>62924193
>>62923739
It isn't even close to impossible.
>t. person that's played characters both with 2 arms and 2 legs as well as 4 arms
>>
>>62927944
Municipal clerk.

>>62927749
One run, two sessions. Made a dedicated summoner and quickly realized how fucking retarded spirits are in SR and decided to let the dude get hauled off to the Funny Farm to keep myself from playing him. And because of how fucking retarded one of our players is, that she was unable to confirm to the cops the story that the man directly beside her had given.

Now he's just basically Chief from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, with a jackalope trolling him and lurking in his padded room.
>>
>>62927245
Who's the artist who drew that? I want to know for reasons.
>>
>>62928053
Naftosaur - you'll find a tumblr, patreon and pixiv of 'im under that name.
>>
>>62928058
Prices?
>>
>>62928138
He doesn't have open commissions, and so far only works via Patreon which can be a dicey affair, because Patreon doesn't do refunds - once your dosh is theirs, it's theirs and only the recipient can issue refunds. I held their "two colored commissions/month" slot for two months at $125, so ~$62.50 a pop. He charges upfront. DeeVee was one of those. I am debating on going further after this month, but after Naftosaur went dark for three weeks unannounced, I am apprehensive.
>>
A shocking statistic states that one in four runners is actually a CIA plant.

Look around your group. Which of you is the CIA plant?
>>
>>62929043
By definition, it'd have to be a dryad, right?
>>
>>62929063
that is not what cia plant means.
Unless the Cia is getting REALLY FUCKING TRICKY.
>>
>>62928181
Wait, so you pay for the two color commission slot for multiple months at a time, hoping that your commission will be the one selected? So you technically paid for 4 commission slots and got one piece of art out of it? Two color comissions / month for 2 months. That's a fucking racket.

>>62929079
I mean, you're talking about Shadowrun. Where saying someone is a otaku means they control technology with their mind and where saying the fucker that stole your car was a giant literally means your car picked up and carried away by a 15-foot Norseman.
>>
>>62929079
Leafers were a thing in ED. Highly territorial, anthropomorphic topiaries with a strong drive to spread their seeds. Maybe the CIA dug some up and all their agents are both plants and 'plants' . Imagine your houseplants in makeup and a nice suit, I guess.
>>
>>62929110
I assume with "DeeVee was one of those" he means that he used his other 3 slots for other commissions.
>>
>>62929157
I never did get to bone that cactus girl...
>>
>>62929110
Yeah, uh, >>62929283 got it right. I paid for two months, so four commishes. Two are delivered, two more are being made. Those slots are mine, there's no luck involved. I just have multiple characters to get art for.
>>
>>62930118
Who are you getting art for now?
>>
>>62930267
Naftosaur draws smut, that's his claim to fame and bread and butter.

One of the two slots will be for my elven face, sprawled across some bed, amidst posh pillows, drug inhalers, smoking a cigarette on a long holder while swirling a blue curacao cocktail in a martini glass, looking proper decadent and partied-out. I picked the Seducer as her mentor spirit after her last Karma gain, and that art's gonna follow after that sentiment. Sort of, like, her vice-fueled welcome party to the sudden attention of the guiding spirit. I am planning on a lewd Christmas picture for a non-Shadowrun character y'all dun need to care about in the second slot.

Bespoke elven face will also be filed with another artist, to get her in Murder Armor, with a Custom Ballistic Mask and helmet after a run, probably shot up with blood packs making it all appear gruesome but laughing about it all, having a smoke.

And one day, I'll find an artist that can draw my war-cow, can draw combat equipment, and isn't a) overcharging or b) a yiffing sparkledog-painting furfag from hell.
>>
>>62928032
Oh you.
>>
Anyone got those models of the guns some guy posted?
>>
Am I misinterpreting wrapper, or does it nearly totally remove the need for matrix security? The opposing perception check doesn't even happen unless they specifically investigate the icon, and if you're canny with what you wrapper things as, that should basically never happen.
>>
>>62932290
>nearly
Key word. It makes it just enough of a pain that you and your GM can have a gentleman's agreement to not get your 'ware hacked... often.

But if you're, say, sneaking around in your chameleon suit, wrap yourself as a trashcan and then start moving around while the spider's looking for icons? You might get in trouble.
>>
File: 1538180621594.jpg (212 KB, 800x1600)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>62927944
Personally I have a C1/L1 Ancients Go-ganger that I always use.

He's useful for a bunch of things. Delivering messages, following someone, keeping his (knife)ear to the ground, street-level info

On a related note:

What are the contacts that your runners end up using the most? Do you have contacts that keep showing up across multiple runners? Who are you favourite contacts?

I'll start with most useful contacts I've ever had
>Current runner's best friend is a Public defender from a rich corporate lawyer family who advocates for metahuman equality
>Ancients Go-Ganger has shown up as a contact for no less than 3 characters in different campaigns, all in Seattle
>13 year old infobroker who runs their black info market business out of parent's basement. No-one knows anything about who they really are
>Arms smuggler with connections to the Ghost cartels

Favourite Contacts I've ever had
>Doc Sunshine, an elven hippie street doc/medical narcotics dealer who lost his license for "making sure his drugs hadn't expired" one too many times
>Jessamine Bell, a troll talislegger. Picture Dolly Parton, but a 9 foot tall troll shaman

Pic related for elf tiddies
>>
>>62932360
>But if you're, say, sneaking around in your chameleon suit, wrap yourself as a trashcan and then start moving around while the spider's looking for icons? You might get in trouble.
Duh!
That's why you wrap yourself as a Cardboard Box!
Works every time.
>>
>>62932360
I don't think matrix perception gives a location of the icon, more like it's in a list?
>>
>>62932407
Correct. You need to Trace Icon to get info about its meatspace location.
>>
>>62932434
So, just assuming there is a nearly unending list of low level icons like energy bar wrappers, why would a spider ever run a trace on an innocuous icon? I'm sort of starting to think I want to just ban wrapper to save the headache.
>>
>>62932465
>why would a spider ever run a trace on an innocuous icon
It's out of place.
>>
>>62932465
Because the spider probably has some sense of what icons are generally nearby and one that he isn't used to seeing would cause some suspicion.

The other point is that the Spider would probably have marks on most of the icons that are constantly around the space he's guarding, so seeing an unfamiliar icon, or one that he has no marks on would be worth a second look in most cases
>>
so how do you guys feel about harleyquin? mary sue or cool badass?
>>
>>62932492
>Spider's have to MARK choco-onions bar wrappers and investigate them
wageslave life
>>
>>62932550
This is unironically how I play a lot of corp spiders when I GM to balance out wrapper.

It's useful in large public areas with lots of people because any individual icon is only going to be given a cursory glance, so hiding your illegal cyberdeck or smartlinked sidearm as a commlink or music player makes sense.

But if you're infiltrating a corp building then the icon is going to be out of place regardless of what it is. There's only so many photocopiers or microwaves on any given floor and when it's 2:00 AM I don't think there are going to be a huge number of inocuous icons about, so anything that the spider isn't used to seeing will automatically raise suspicion
>>
>>62932496
He's pretty divisive.
>>
What is the cutest tradition and why is it Dark Magic?
>>
>>62932626
I'm increasingly convinced that if you're infiltrating a corporate building it's best to just forsake wireless boni and go wireless off. I don't see how you can reasonably escape detection for any period longer than maybe a few minutes.
>>
>>62933027
This wasn't something that was evident to you right from the get-go?

Yes, if you are infiltrating then all wireless goes off until you either need it, or have to go loud. Wireless is dumb and broken and poorly implemented in 5e
>>
>>62933027
>I don't see how you can reasonably escape detection for any period longer than maybe a few minutes.
Run silently, and/or have your decker buddy help out.
>>
>>62933077
Without a sleaze attribute you'll be discovered even faster running silent than not. Looking for silent icons is probably the top priority of a spider.
>>
>>62933103
>without a sleaze attribute
Stealth dongle, plus a program carrier with smoke & mirrors will give you plenty for matrix stealth most of the time. For the rest, well, that's why you have a decker.
>>
>>62933077
Running silent is useless against a security spider. The spider is going to be actively searching for hidden icons 100% of the time. That's literally their job. He's ALWAYS going to get a matrix perception roll against you and unless you're running a sleaze program on the device then he automatically sees it.

More reasons why the matrix rules are retarded and broken
>>
>>62932406
Cardboard Box with a Faraday Cage?
>>
>>62933149
Stealth Dongles are extremely expensive and Smoke & Mirrors is banned in any sensible group.
>>
>>62933174
>Stealth Dongles are extremely expensive
3k for rating 1. Hardly outside the budget of most characters.

>Smoke & Mirrors is banned in any sensible group
Oh, okay, now we're running into your houserules. That wraps it up, thanks for playing.
>>
>>62933195
Rating 1 does basically nothing, you're opposing with sleaze+log. If Smoke and Mirrors is allowed in the game then you may as well allow deckers to auto hack because they're undetectable if properly built.
>>
>>62933225
>Rating 1 does basically nothing, you're opposing with sleaze+log.
Which is why you augment it with S&M.
>>
>>62933225
>If Smoke and Mirrors is allowed in the game then you may as well allow deckers to auto hack because they're undetectable if properly built.
Not him, but please explain.
The matrix is totally retarded, and hearing explanations on why the parts are broken is interesting.
>>
>>62933251
smoke and mirrors basically gives you +1 sleaze and +1 noise for each rating, up to 5 (+5 sleaze, +5noise) and you can counter noise with other shit.
>>
>>62933225
>Automatically hack
Hey now, not that anon but that's not really true. Yeah smoke and mirrors allows for some pretty retarded optimization on deckers but it's still based on the roll of the dice first of all, and second, Matrix CorpSec get pretty hardcore once you start hitting the big leagues.

Also isn't pulling supar hax kinda the point of having a decker on your team?

>>62933251
Basically smoke and mirrors+stealth+a decently statted 'deck configured for maximum sleaze allows you to have a retardedly high sleaze attribute. You can also compensate for noise fairly easily to minimize the penalty and most deckers are going to have a pretty high LOG and INT so your matrix stealth rolls and hack on the fly rolls get retardedly high
>>
File: ares_alpha_full.png (227 KB, 2000x700)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>62932228
These?
>>
>>62933306
Bingo.
>>
File: ares_m202.png (156 KB, 2000x560)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>62933321
Commencing dump!
>>
File: ares_sigma3_full.png (111 KB, 1210x661)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>62933345
>>
File: ares_thunderstruck.png (248 KB, 2600x575)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>62933364
>>
File: ares_hvar.png (150 KB, 2000x700)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>62933380
>>
File: arespredatorv.png (73 KB, 817x529)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>62933401
>>
>>62933306
>>62933345
>>62933364
>>62933380
>>62933401
>>62933416
where are these from? they're pretty dope
>>
File: coltinception.png (171 KB, 1645x607)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>62933416

>>62933431
I made them,
>>
>>62933437
You've got a talent, anon. Don't let that spark go out.
>>
File: glock_51.png (66 KB, 800x550)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>62933437
>>
File: hk_g12a4.png (227 KB, 2000x585)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>62933455
>>
File: ingram_smartgun_x.png (110 KB, 1150x775)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>62933473
>>
File: springfield_m1a_bare.png (224 KB, 2700x675)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>62933492
>>
>>62933473
Fucking Krauts with their cool bonus equipment and competently written rules
>>
>>62933437
how? with what? how long does one gun take you?
>>
File: streeline_special.png (33 KB, 510x490)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>62933510
>>
>>62933437
Do you have an imgur album or something like that where we can view them as needed instead of hoping you dump them in the thead? I really like a lot of these and often find myself looking to them for reference
>>
File: yamaha_raiden.png (174 KB, 1850x725)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>62933528

>>62933521
There's been an old-ass flash site called "PimpMyGun". I make the base gun with what we have in the rulebooks and try to un-dumb the design, then I take it into photoshop for cleanup. One gun takes me a few hours without any rush, and I sometimes did them at work, or while chatting with buddies, or watching a movie on the second monitor. I guess I could get one done in an hour or so, if I'd rush it.
>>
>>62933455
There already exist actual Glock and Beretta machine pistols...

Don't you think that that slide looks a little Colt-y to be called a Glock?
>>
>>62933562
extremely cool shit, I was hoping it was a site like that. Means I might even be able to use it for myself once upon a day, unlike the insane skill that would be needed to pull off this kind of quality in blender or the like.
>>
>>62933549
Making one now. I had the lofty goal of making new version of every gun, but to be honest with you, too many of them aren't ever gonna be touched. But I'll gladly make a gun for you with attachements of your chosing on request.

Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/uUHhapR

>>62933627
You're not wrong. In the end, I kinda winged it and tried to make things look same but different, to account for ~60 years of development from now to then.
>>
Setting up 'ware for my sam/infiltrator how does this look

Chipjack 6
Fingertip Compartment (For Monowhip)
Move by Wire 3
Muscle Replacement 4
Skilljack 6
Smartlink
>>
>>62933851
Expensive and hell on your essence. Availability must be hell, too. What's the price tag/essence cost there?
>>
>>62933851
>Move by Wire 3
>Muscle Replacement 4
!?
>>
>>62933891
+STR/AGI and +REA, what's the question?
>>
>>62933899
The question of where you got all that essence from. Are you rocking deltaware or something?
>>
>>62933878
Sorry it's not a chargen question, I'm just planning out what I want to fit in eventually, I'd probably start with something more like MBW3 and only muscle replacer 1 or 2, probably upgrading later.
>>
>>62933932
whats mbw3s avail? can you even get that out of chargen? isn't it like 250k nuyen?
>>
>>62933932
>probably upgrading later.
It's cute you think that.
Don't do that. Most games are lucky to last three sessions.
Always assume that what you get at chargen is the best you'll ever get and budget for a couple of nice extras.
>>
>>62933950
MBW 3 is avail 24 and ess 5.0

>>62933932
>>62933932
Chummer you don't have enough essence to fit all that 'ware unless you're rocking delta and you're literally never going to have enough money for deltaware
>>
>>62933950
24, so it fits exactly into restricted gear, it's 205k. Basically I look at it as 80k over skillwires and you get some savings after buying a few skillsofts.
>>
>>62934014
Chummer MBW 3 is 5.0 essence.

You've never played shadowrun before have you?
>>
>>62933891
MBW3 costs 5 Essence, MR4 costs 4
Both at Alpha cost a combined 7.2 ESS, so no luck there
Both at Beta costs 6.3 Essence
Both at Beta with Adapsin cost you 5.6 Essence
Both at Delta with Adapsin costs 3.8 Essence, but also 905k
>>
>>62934045
If you had a nice GM that let you build a cyberware suite, AND were a burnout way adept with Adpasin you could fit it all and be above 1 essence at standard grade.
>>
>>62934029
hey bro cmon mbw3 delta is only like what 600k by itself.
>>62934045
dont forget cybercompatibility
>>
>>62934075
nvm im retarded cybercompatibility is a fiction of my mind, probably
>>
>>62927749
>shortest
My satyr that got carbombed like two sessions into her lifespan.
>longest
Probably my current character (face/gunbunny in the Irish mob). I've had him for the better part of a year now, and my group plays almost every week.
>>
>>62933996
It's not that bad. He only needs Biocompatibility, deltaware MBW3 and Alphaware MR at minimum and- this is ridiculous.

>>62934075
>600k
Don't forget the accompanying headache of visiting a Delta-grade clinic!
>>
>>62934113
It's called "Biocompatibility (Cyberware)", 5 Karma.
>>
>>62934045
You could save a bit of money by not actually buying Adapsin but instead getting an Adapsin transgenetic infusion, and then installing the 'ware. Saves you .3 essence and you just run a small risk of getting cancer.
>>
>>62934124
You can't have MBW 3 anything other than standard at creation. It's avail 24 and that's the limit for restricted gear
>>
>>62934138
oh so that's why I didnt find it googling for cybercompatibility, right. I don't know whether that makes me look less or more retarded.
atleast I'm not basing my build around deltaware
>>
>>62934167
You could get effective alpha grade with The Burnout's Way.
>>
>>62934167
Oh, I know. He was talking about a long term build, but I don't think he realized just how long term it'd usually be.
>>
>>62934192
The question would be, is a MBW3 build better than a full cyberlimbs build? +9 initiative is really nice.
>>
>>62934192
>Long term build
Nigga he'd need more than a million nuyen for all that shit. Most runners won't see a million nuyen total in an entire campaign. It'll be the "endgame" reward and they'll never actually get to spend it

Anon has clearly never actually played a game of SR
>>
>>62927188
>that tattoo
Oh my, so she's into *that*.
>>
>>62934192
>>62934246
At the point where you have one million Nuyen, you wouldn't jerk off over +9 Ini/+2d6 Ini, +3 REA. You buy a small island, a plane, and become a fixer, or a run your own micro corporation.
>>
>>62934218
It depends on what you want to do.
>>
>>62934246
i guess some people do run shadowrun games that go on for years with runners of 500 karma, but realistically speaking those sorta campaigns take what? years?
maybe if it was that entire characters plot arc to get mbw 3 delta?
>>
>>62934286
Is a million nuyen even enough to buy a permanent middle lifestyle?
>>
>>62934313
Half a mil does that, yeah.
>>
>>62934286
Wha? There's plenty of stuff you could get for a million nuyen for better runs.
>>
>>62934308
Do have a decent chance at getting MBW3 delta you'd need an elf contact with negotiation 9+ and connection 9+ I think something like MBW3 delta is entirely into the territory of earning it through a special run though.
>>
>>62933951
Such pessimism!
>>
>>62934218
>Cyberlimb Build
You're not getting any initiative dice with the cyberlimbs, but you can have insane STR, AGI, and REA, plus every cyberlimb gives you a bonus condition box and you get bonuses to BOD for every pair of cyberlimbs

>MBW 3
You get the initiative dice, +3 REA and +9 init.

The cyberlimbs + a synapse booster is better and actually easier on essence

>>62934338
>Contact
No. Delta is only available from 10 specialized clinics on the planet. You need some crazy special curcumstances to get it
>>
>>62934347
It's realism.
>>
>>62934338
>special run
try 50 flawlessly executed "special" runs for some corp which has a clinic, a ton of greasing, a ton of "donations" (maybe not the entirety of the 600k) aswell as liberal dicksucking.
>>
>>62934354
If your GM wants to run it that way, yes. But otherwise there is no special rule that excludes deltaware from being subject to an availability roll is there? Any contact who could win the opposed test is someone who's important in SR.
>>
>>62934284
What is “that?”
>>
>>62934378
>No special rule
Actually yes there is. The description of Deltaware in either CF or the CRB (can't remember which) actually mentions that it should be pretty much impossible to get without special circumstances or as a run reward from a very powerful individual
>>
>>62934374
No, it’s pessimism. You’re assuming games will fail. Realism is assuming games require work by GM and Player to keep them afloat.
>>
When paying off in debt are you required to pay off the karma equivalent to the debt you're paying off at the same time? Say you pay off 10k does that mean you also have to pay off 2 karma? Or can you leave it as a lump sum?
>>
>>62934426
I'm saying most games do not last that long.
>>
>>62934425
Isn't that reflected by its extremely high availability?
>>
>>62934437
Yes. "In Debt" is a negative quality for a reason at character creation

If the debt is accrued during the game the rules are a little fuzzier
>>
>>62934437
>When paying off in debt are you required to pay off the karma equivalent to the debt you're paying off at the same time?
yep
>Say you pay off 10k does that mean you also have to pay off 2 karma?
yep
>Or can you leave it as a lump sum?
nope
>>
>>62934462
>>62934466
Thanks. It seems overly negative when you consider the interest as well.
>>
>>62934461
No. Again look at the description.

There are only 10 clinics in the world that can install Deltaware. The actual operation takes weeks from the first consultation to the end of recovery after the operation. A complete genetic sequencing is necessary to build the 'ware to have such little impact on your system. The 'ware is ludicrously expensive. All deltaware must be purchased through legal channels. Black market delta clinics just don't exist.

You cannot get deltaware through a simple availability check
>>
>>62934503
You can exchange the karma debt for an equivalent negative quality.
>>
>>62934503
It's almost like it's a negative quality. You can take born rich if you want a different deal.
>>
>>62934443
And you’re using that to say you should plan for failure.
>>
>>62934354
>not taking Redliner and sacrificing condition boxes for even more Str and Agi
>with Cyber-Singularity Seeker to also boost your WIP
>>
>>62934540
Yes. Better than you who expects runs to last forever.
>>
>>62934461
Nope, it's a special rule in addition to the already absurd price and Ava. This is the kind of shit that you're on a first-name basis with Damian Knight and regularly have tea with Buttercup and Yuri Shibanokuji.
>>
>>62934518
If you did that and payed off the debt very quickly out of chargen I think you'd come close to breaking "even" as long as you were fine with whatever negative you replaced In Debt with. You're losing 500 nuyen per each point of in debt if you don't take a hit of interest. Would be pretty good for Resources E characters who just need a bit of cash for essentials.
>>
>>62934503
>this negative quality seems negative
What did I just read?
>>
>>62934545
Redliner would be better if it worked like Wireless Reflexes and let you punch past the augmented maximum.
>>
>>62934567
I expect Runs to last as long as they’re able, I build to be effective but I also build for longevity. The campaign will only die when everyone’s interest in it dies, and if that happens you’re not going to give a damn about the character anyway.
>>
>>62934633
You missed an important word
>>
>>62934645
Or when scheduling hangups pop up, etc.

You're literally ignoring the reality of how long the average game lasts for to prop up some wacky fantasy.
>>
>>62934641
>Lets you punch past the augmented maximum
Wut. No. That's not how WR works.

Augmented maximum still applies always, WR just can be combined with Reflex enhancers to get more than +4 to REA up to the augmented maximum, but only if both systems are wirelessly enabled, otherwise it's one or the other
>>
>>62934641
>>62934545
Redliner should be a negative, losing that many condition boxes is ridiculous
>>
>>62934398
Do you know what an Ace of Spades tattoo means? Well that means the opposite. Although some people argue that a different symbol should be used.
>>
>>62934645
>the run dies when everyones interest dies
it dies when any important members interest dies, e.g. the only person willing to dm or if just too many quit without replacements.
That doesn't have to stunt your interest in your character, even IF your interest in that game waned, you can still like the char DESPITE the game, maybe just a bad concept for the campaign etc.
>>
>>62934694
That's what I meant by Wireless Reflexes, yeah.
>>
>>62934735
But you still don't go past the augmented maximum anon. A human can still only have maximum 10 REA. It just allows for a combination of things to reach that goal
>>
>>62934696
It's pretty much completely negligible in practice. When you've got 4 limbs, that's 8-12 armor right there even before considering what you're wearing. Hell, I had a 3 Body elf that was rolling more soak than the troll in the group.
>>
>>62934763
My mistake, I must've been delirious and wishing WR3+RE3 wasn't so bad.
>>
>>62934790
No it just says that the total bonus from both items can be above +4, not that you can exceed the metahuman limit of the stat. Unless that was errata'd then by RAW you still can't exceed REA 10 as a human, but you can have REA 10 even if your natural REA is only 4
>>
>>62934709
While I understand what you’re saying and the implications of an “anti-Queen” I don’t know what the symbol even is, considering how it’s obscured by her bathing suit. I mistook it for a womb tattoo before you brought up it means she wants to get BLEACHED.
>>
File: 1453770258365.jpg (11 KB, 165x376)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>62934842
>>
Let's say I wanted to make a character who was a centauroid of sorts. What would their stats be?
>>
>>62934515
There's not just ten, the number in rumors varies but it can be as high as 30. Not all the Big Ten have one, and some AAs do.

Also, what rule are you talking about? The one you're pulling out of your ass? There's nothing saying that in either book, just that the clinics are really, really secretive. Sure, you could extrapolate a "have a run to get some delta" idea from it, and that's probably a smart idea, but there's NO mechanical rule requiring a run to get deltaware. Not one. Just gotta beat the Availability RAW, which is fine for some groups. The roll presumably covers somehow finding your way into a clinic to get it installed.
>>
>>62935065
You could try looking at the stats for Centaurs.
>>
File: 1534707043323[1].png (810 KB, 800x1120)
810 KB
810 KB PNG
>>62934846
>anti-Queen
...what? Anyway it's a Heart tattoo with a Q which yes, stands for bleaching.
>>
>>62935074
Anon. You cannot "just get it installed" read the fucking descriptions.

Deltaware must be literally designed from the ground up tailored to your individual genetic structure. You cannot simply swipe somone else's deltaware, it would be very well-made *used* grade because it is not meant for your body, it is made for someone else's genetic structure.

The whole process takes a month and requires the techs to take more than one DNA sample from you to manipulate so they can design the 'ware to mimic those structures as closely as technologically possible.

You cannot just go and buy Deltaware leprous retard anon. You have to get it designed and built from the ground up specially for you
>>
>>62935065
there's centaurs, alternatively there's a liminal body which can give you 4 legs(like a centaur, but cyberware) remember that you'll be a huge fucking snowflake and you better fucking take distinctive style if you pull that sorta stuff, or just do whatever. Just saying most people will sort of instinctively scowl at centaur pc's
>>
>>62935065
Liminal body.
>>
>>62935097
I am, like, super new to Shadowrun and only really played the video games. How are centaurs, stat-wise?
>>
>>62935108
>...what?
Queen of Spades. It's the opposite of a Queen of Spades, hence the "anti."
>>
>>62935214
...no, it's just Queen of Hearts.
>>
>>62935192
>>62935195
My group is cool with weird shit, thankfully. Than
>>
>>62935243
Then the heart would be red instead of white.
>>
>>62935302
Then it wouldn't be as visible on certain shades of brown or reddish-brown skin, plus it would lose the "white-stamp" symbology. Whatever the color, the Heart is still a Heart.
>>
>>62935181
Then point to the damn page the rule's on for getting it as a reward being required. I'll wait. Until you can, don't pull shit from your ass and call it a written-down rule.
>>
>>62935212
if you are new, consider this, shadowrunners are very interested in well, keeping to the shadows, and you know what makes that extremely hard? being an insanely unique looking specimen that basically can never ever fit into the crowd to lay down low.
Liminal body is much less snowflakey, you're just a fucking weird fetishist, there's plenty of these in shadowrun. Being an actual centaur is being one of like 50k.
Centaur stats are kind of whatever, fast though, duh.
Now Liminal body as I understand it can get fucking retarded in all kinds of hardly explainable ways. Like, I think it's technically legal to have a thrusterboosted digitigrade (movementspeed increase) cyber centaur that moves at absolutely ungodly speed?
Your best bet is to google and look at the various shadowrun forum results, maybe you'll find some interesting things in there.
>>
>>62935357
Not the guy you're arguing with, but, the avail roll gets you a shot at it. But that only means you found a clinic willing to do the procedure, and they have a set around that's ready to be implanted. Now you spend weeks at the place while they tailor that stuff to fit into your body. That part is canon.
>>
>>62935360
Thanks, man, I'll check it out
>>
>>62933659
Fucking awesome
>>
>>62935462
That's fair (and canon, yeah). You at least still got hold of the ware you wanted.
>>
What about Gammaware.
>>
>>62934763
"Augmented maximum" doesn't even exist anymore in 5e, which nobody seems to realise.
So yes, you can get to REA 12 on a human.
>>
>>62935768
Anon, are you retarded?
>>
>>62935791
No, you smug illiterate monkey.
Go search for it in the books and post the line.
5e only has the "maximum bonus is +4".

Feel free to disprove me with a citation of text, book and page.
>>
>>62935688
Pure GM fiatium.

It should really have its name switched with Deltaware.
>>
>>62934842
>metahuman limit
Which is...?
>>
>>62935768
Page 94 of the core rulebook: "First, when purchasing augmentations such as cyberware and bioware, each attribute
rating (Mental and Physical) can only receive an augmentation bonus of up to +4. If the attribute being raised has not reached its natural maximum limit, the attribute can be raised naturally with Karma; but at no point can augmentations exceed the +4 bonus cap." It exists. You can get 12 Reaction if you have wireless Reaction Enhancers 3 and wireless Wired Reflexes 3 and 6 natural REA (or wireless off with an internal router), though, that explicitly can break the +4 cap.
>>
File: CF 181.png (15 KB, 274x41)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>62935768
That's completely incorrect, anon. 4 over the natural, unaugmented attribute is the total maximum. Drugs, magic, and 'ware are all subject to this.

>>62935822
Will you kill yourself and stream it? Here's all three.
>>
>>62935822
I love it when someone's a smug piece of shit while also being completely objectively wrong. It's even funnier when they just vanish afterwards, completely ghosting the conversation in a pathetic attempt to ignore just how incorrect they were while pretending to have any idea what they were talking about.
>>
>>62934284
and that's a good thing
>>
>>62936077
Here's why!
>>
>>62935879
This guy gets it and even shares my point of view but doesn't realise it because the didn't read far enough upwards to see that the point was exactly WR + RA and wether you end up with 12 or 10 as Rea-max

>>62935885
This guy however doesn't
Also
>CF

Yeah nah, that's straight copypasta. It's not in the CRB.

>>62935962
>Takes a few minutes to post
>Vanish

How pathetic can you be?
>>
>>62936132
>it's specifically in the rules on Page 94 of CRB while then reiterated several times in the rest of the CRB, as well as a direct reference on Page 181 of CF
>reeeeeee, it's homebrew bullshit you faggots
how embarrassing
>>
What's a good way to say you personally prefer "Cleaner" runners? Not necessarily good guys, but, say, nice enough to not feed every body they make to ghouls. I feel like that's a good floor.
>>
>>62936132
Augmented Maximums are also explicitly referenced in the Magic section of the core book for abilities which boost attributes.
>>
>>62936227
Say that exactly?
>>
>>62936227
White Hat
>>
>>62936195
Still not the same as the augmented maximum.
Text in the CRB allows the threshold to be broken if explicitly called out for, good ol' augmented maximum didn't.

Former (the text in the CRB) is a limit on how high your bonus can be at max, latter is (was) a limit on how high the total attribute value could get.
Which /usually/ is the same anyways, except in cases like RA3+WR3wifi.
>>
>>62936227
Professionals
>>
>>62936227
white hat, but what exactly is evil about feeding bodies to ghouls? the evil is already done, they're infact preventing further evil by making sure that others need not be killed
>>
>>62936227
Fags.
>>
>>62934354
>you get bonuses to BOD for every pair of cyberlimbs
What?
>>
>>62936445
No idea what he's talking about. Maybe that was a thing in older editions? You just get a bonus to Physical Condition Monitor in 5E with each cyberlimb.
>>
File: Tklky6y.png (416 KB, 800x776)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>62926422
>>62926985
>>62927012
You're forgetting two anons that created such a taboo topic that it can't even be mentioned in passing without bringing about the end of the thread.
>>
>>62936503
maybe there's some quality for it or something? I know there is infact a quality which gives you 1 will per full cyberlimb, max +2
>>
>>62936227
>What's a good way to say you personally prefer "Cleaner" runners?
Not to use a word that generally describes someone whose job is to scrub a scene of evidence and witnesses.
>>
>>62936672
Cybersingularity Seeker for WIL. And there's Redliner, which gives +1 AGI and STR per two limbs at the *cost* of Condition Monitor boxes (gain two as normal then lose 3 for a net -1), up to a +2 bonus maximum. But there's nothing for actual BOD bonuses for limbs.
>>
What powers does an insect spirit gain in flesh form? Do they keep all their spirit powers, or do they lose them all except for the ones listed that they get?
>>
>>62936741
Fun fact about Redliner: as written it does not actually improve the stats of your cyberlimbs. Just thought I'd mention that.
>>
>>62937002
As usual, German rules to the rescue!

>(dies gilt sowohl für die natürlichen Attribute des Charakters als auch für seine Cybergliedmaßenattribute)
>>
>>62936227
Hoods.
>>
>>62936403
You’re ensuring the population of ghouls remains stable by feeding them, don’t use this logic!
>>
>>62937002
You have to be reading to disagree with the quality to believe that. German version adds to natural attributes as well.
>>
>>62937176
You just have to be a fan of clearly and well written rules.
>>
>>62937260
No, you wouldn't be here if you were.
>>
>>62938079
Being here means you have to be a fan of shitty CGL rules?
>>
>>62938118
It just means you're demonstrably not here for clearly thought out and well written rules.
>>
>>62938198
The only thing that's demonstrably true is that you don't know what you're talking about.

>You have to be reading to disagree with the quality to believe that.
If you just read it just as written, as a fan of well written rules, the English quality does not improve the stats of your cyberlimbs. CGL freelancers write shitty rules.
>>
Does having Albinism quality warrant taking Distinctive Style? My opinion is no, but I wonder what you guys would think. Let's character in question would be wearing googles and contacts underneath for that sweet, sweet flare compensation, hood and face mask to protect himself from vile evils of sun and city air.
>>
>>62939532
Not really, no.
>>
>>62938328
There are no well written rules in Shadowrun. Actual fans of well written rules turn 360 degrees when presented with a Shadowrun rulebook, and moonwalk out of the room.

>the English quality does not improve the stats of your cyberlimbs.
We know by reading the quality that it does.

>CGL freelancers write shitty rules.
That's not in question.
>>
>use slight of hand to bribe someone
>succeed too well
>they don't even notice they've been bribed
Fuck.
What do I do?
>>
>>62939852
Ask the GM to take the d20 away from you, because you can't stop yourself rolling phat nat 20 skill checks.
>>
>>62939905
we don't use d20s you FOOL
>>
>>62939914
>succeed too well
>they don't even notice they've been bribed
Clearly you do.
>>
>>62939826
>attend gencon to put evil plan into action by driving CGL broke, step 1
>cover entire con exterior in FATE books, nailed to the wall like Father Anderson found a vampire inside
>CGL stills gets a pile of business
>sob
>>
>>62939852
Kick your GM in their primary reproductive organs for even entertaining the thought of "succeeding too well".
If you have enough hits to succeed at what you wanted to do you succeed at what you wanted to do.
>>
>>62939826
>We know by reading the quality that it does.
I do hope you'll never actually need your reading "skills".

>Cyberlimbs have their own Strength and Agility ratings
>Physical attribute enhancements add their Rating to the appropriate attribute of the limb

>YOU receive +1 Strength and +1 Agility

The author's intent is clear. He's just bad at writing. A simple "Your cyberlimbs" instead of "You" would have been enough.
>>
File: wat.png (1.06 MB, 452x1769)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>62939826
?
>>
>>62940403
... If that works for you, sure. Nail your balls all the way to the wall in the name of not writing or reading in context of the quality.
>>
>>
>>62940068
This. If you succeed, you succeed. Even if your GM does the wacky "critical success xD" shit, that shouldn't be detrimental to your goal.
>>
Mhmm, think a weapon on a gyro mount can be folded away/onto your back? Because I feel like that'd be extra cyberpunk.
>>
>>62935065
Ok follow up question. What would be the backstory if I kept the centauroid body? I heard of something called SURGE, but I don't know much about what it is
>>
>>62942540
Surge is the expression of dormant metagenetics to create, well, a freak. The results are pretty random, usually running to a theme for the most extreme ones.

But I think you either want a cybernetic centauroid body, or better, just an actual centaur.
>>
>>62942571
What's the advantage of either or.
Yes, I know it's degenerate and my PC would be easily spotted out. My group is just as degenerate and would totally be cool with it.
>>
>>62927444
As a Plebbit power user I agree.
>>
>>62942649
You're better off grabbing a liminal body with the Centaur legs - you'll just be seen as a fetish freak, but an honest to goodness centaur... Well, you're going to run into problems with everything from your accessibility to your SIN.
>>
>>62942649
There isn't a SURGE thing for extra legs, but there is one for extra arms. You could just take that and ask your GM To fluff it out as arms.
>>
>>62942649
Anon, I play a retired (moderate) SJW porn star that's dumb as a rock and can't operate a Commlink without accidentally calling the pizza place on a 'run. Let your freak flag fly and embrace the consequences.
>>
>>62942673
>>62942679
>>62942711
Thanks for helping a degenerate out. I'll go with the liminal body, fluff it out as looking more wolfish than horselike. Anything else I should know?
>>
File: 1322912577295.png (1.52 MB, 936x1548)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>62939532
Distinctive Style is only really supposed to be used for things that you can't or won't take steps to hide, that then make you more memorable to other people. 'That guy who was wearing goggles when I saw him' doesn't really work, 'that guy who had a neon-pink parasol and a white suit and came back for it after the firefight' does.
>>
I cleaned up the gun gallery and added text to it.

https://imgur.com/a/uUHhapR

If you have a gun you wish you had a reference image for, or a gun you know what to look like, but you'd like to see it with "your attachments" and/or personal decorations, lemme know and I'll try.
>>
>character almost exclusively wears tracksuits, including on runs
>he will break out other clothes only when needed for things like classy meets with Mr. Johnson
>just generally dresses like the most stereotypical guido/mob guy possible
Do I take Distinctive Style, or is it just a questionable fashion choice?
>>
File: 1478743316623.jpg (75 KB, 1024x1024)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>62943065
You think people don't wear tracksuits?
>>
>>62943116
I think he means that if you delve into the criminal underworld looking for a guy who always wears a tracksuit, even when he's wearing armour over/under it, you'll find it easy enough that it'll count as a distinctive style marker.
>>
>>62943122
I was basically asking this, yeah. Although at the same time, I'm sure that looking around the criminal underworld for a guy who dresses/acts like a stereotypical mafioso is probably gonna turn up a bunch of mobsters aside from this one guy, so... maybe not quite distinctive enough for the quality either way.
>>
File: 1502478422207.png (438 KB, 725x831)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>62943122
Not really, no. You won't see a tracksuit on the street and message the rest of the group with, "That's the guy!" - even if you haven't personally seen Mr Tracksuit before. That could just be some rando fucker in a tracksuit.

It needs to stand out like dogs bollocks - bizarre fashion choices, scars, gang or prison signs, flashy custom augmentations, etc.
>>
>>62943065
Distinctive style is in part an abstraction. It matters more if it is a good way to consistently remember the character, rather than some cosmic rule that makes you utterly snowflake tier unique all the time.

For example, wearing gang colors or a sports team jersey all the time doesn't actually just automatically give you distinctive style, but one of the qualities in the game gives you distinctive style based on your gang colors, because it means more to the character's narrative.

Basically you are 100% justified in that scenario not buying distinctive style, but also are 100% justified in buying distinctive style. If you don't, it becomes "Lots of people wear tracksuits." If you do, it is because you become "That tracksuit guy."
>>
>>62943183
Fuck I mean there is a quality you can obtain through being a changeling, infected, or dryad that gives you distinctive style for literally no god damn reason, you just are 'unusually memorable' because of your charisma.

So seriously, don't sweat it too much, as long as you OOCly can describe the style in a way that makes sense for why someone can pick you more easily out of a crowd, it probably is legit.

Likewise, you probably aren't required to pick up a distinctive style for 99% of the things you can think of. Like even "Full catgirl" isn't really enough to mandate it. Shit is common enough in setting it could flipflop either way.
>>
>>62943198
It's called Glamour. Literally 'you are so unearthly attractive that comparisons with fae creatures are natural and unavoidable'.

>His countenance always seems radiant, and his voice is soul wrenching and laden with emotion. People may describe him as angelic or fairylike, and everyone he speaks to cannot help but feel moved and inspired. Sapient beings always respond with awe, deference, and kindness to the character as long as he does not act hostile.

"Just your charisma" is ... not a good summary.
>>
File: ntkd51s981i11.jpg (29 KB, 500x333)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>62943233
>macho man randy savage was a changeling
OH YEAH, BROTHER!
>>
>>62943233
Sort of a Mary Sue quality tbhdesu
>>
>>62943342
It's unique to Dryads, who are exceptionally beautiful even by Elvish standards.
>>
>>62943342
I won't deny it. My worst experience with Shadowrun thus far was having someone seriously get sulky with the group, then complain to the GM that we weren't treating them with enough of that "awe, deference, and kindness" writing Dryad on their sheet should give them. Not that we weren't doing it at all. We weren't doing it *enough*.
>>
>>62943372
This is where I retreat to my LARP days, and the harsh rule of "You can be what you can act out". If you want deference and awe, give me a reason to render that.
>>
>>62943360
Yeah, I'm aware (although you can also slap it on a changeling). Although Dryads in general always struck me as... honestly, a little bit boring and Sue-ish compared to the other elf variants.
>>
>>62943487
Replace the LARP character you play with a bodypillow with a microphone stuck on it?
>>
>>62943487
>Although Dryads in general always struck me as... honestly, a little bit boring and Sue-ish compared to the other elf variants.
They sort of threw their hands in the air and decided they'll just call them, "super-Elves" and leave it at that, when a metavariant literally named after tree-nymphs should, in fact, look and maybe behave like tree-nymphs. They could've been aloof, they could've been photosynthetic, they could've had mood swings depending on season, or a host of other quirks that *can* be quantified by existing metagenics.
>>
>>62943522
Yeah, that's part of what gets me. The fact that Xapiri Thepe (sp?) or whatever the fuck it's called, something they pulled out of their asses as far as I know, work better as Dryads/tree nymphs than the actual Dryads.
>>
File: 1457629995288.png (96 KB, 519x370)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>62943539
Imagine if they called them "Nymphs" instead of "Dryads," and gave them shit like Underwater Vision, Defensive Secretion and Glamour. They could've gone for a more comprehensive umbrella of the Elvish metavariant that accounts for everything from tales of watery tarts bathing in pools, to sirens on wave-scoured rocks to tree-huggers lounging on a branch. They dropped the ball on Dryads, they dropped the ball hard.

And why the heck do the Nocturna have fur?
>>
>>62943587
The whole bestiary and metatypes/variants of Shadowrun always struck me as a lot of "You were expecting that, but they're different, because we did this!"
>>
>>62943610
that part of shadowrun's bestiary writing, I have to say, is my absolute least favorite and most often homeruled away.

Nagas are shapeshifty snakedudes in mine.
Wheras a giant magical anaconda is a magiconda.
>>
>>62943487
Dryads are as much an artifact of retcons due to their popularity. In 3e they were monocultural innawoods shaman types with allergies to urban environments. Then everybody liked them enough that by the time 4e rolled around Fanpro decided to dump that part and we got more universal super-elves.
>>
>>62943587
>why the heck do the Nocturna have fur?
It gets cold in Europe.
>>
>>62943670
Besides fur, seeking shelter is an ideal way to avoid the keening chill of father winter's blustery breath - and of all the places to seek shelter... Why not do what the Dark Elves are already known to do, and slink into the underground places of Europe? Heck, that's some easy conflict with the Ghouls right there!
>>
>>62943698
You can buy off negative qualities at twice the price, so dropping "Dry Addict (Mild) costs me 4 Karma to get rid of, but what about Negative Mutagenic Qualities? Can you buy those off, too?
>>
File: embarassed.jpg (123 KB, 478x556)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>62944134
Whoops, didn't mean to quote you.
>>
>>62944134
The are two requirements to buy off your negative qualities, no matter what they are. The karma cost is the easiest. The other one is to convince the GM you have done what is required in-game to have the opportunity to buy them off.
>>
>>62944134
No RAW against it, but since you can only buy off negative qualities with GM permission, it's really a question of what your GM is cool with. You can't just spend some karma and get an extra eye if you take Cyclopean, for example.
>>
File: lets talk guns.jpg (122 KB, 736x951)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Lets talk guns. What are the best weapons in their class in 4e? What's your favorite weapon modification? What's your favorite weapon in general?
>>
File: elaine_custommask.png (666 KB, 659x800)
666 KB
666 KB PNG
Do you work on things like your custom ballistic masks, /srg/?
>>
File: gopnik9.jpg (123 KB, 660x495)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>62943065
>he doesn't wear his dress tracksuit to meets with Johnsons
Anon, you're pathetic.

>>62943122
You're just describing 90% of the Vory.
>>
>>62944485
I guess given their habit of heavy cyberisation the Vory would do well with trackidacks. Hides the bulk of their cyber, doesn't bind, easy to keep out of your actuators. And everyone will assume the gun in your waistband is really your cyberpenis.
>>
>>62943627
>magiconda
I like it. In general, I just try to forget that naga exist. Partly because I can't figure out what niche or function they serve in the setting, and partly because I can never know where to use them in my games. I feel that way about of the "they exist but they're SUUUPER rare and try to avoid metahuman society so you'll probably never see them," creatures. Which, come to think of it, is basically just the metasapients.
>>
>>62943627
Giant magical anacondas that live long enough grow a pair of forelimbs. Lindworms are a trip.
>>
>>62946351
I like them, if only because they fit a good 'dragon' part of the critter ecosystem. SR breaks down at high stat levels, and a dragon is a bit fucky for stats - they're only given ten magic most of the time. Hopefully, the players never meet one. If they do, and it goes to hell, and you are trying to let them fight an actual dragon, the entire thing should be tailored to your group.

Lindworms just serve as a great inbetween step. Powerful, draconic, actually killable.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.