[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.




File: Dfl5GbWVMAAfMQ3.jpg (168 KB, 1080x1080)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
Things you won't allow

>Elves with Polish names
>>
File: 1541124511115.jpg (710 KB, 1370x1116)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
>>62930731
Rape, neither in game nor as backstory.
>>
File: wizard stahp.jpg (162 KB, 500x539)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>62930731
Wizards. I unironically believe every other caster in the game is more flavorful, balanced, and all around healthier for the game than class that's a walking collection of cheat codes with no real themes or limits.
>>
>>62930731
Does that happen?
Why does it happen if so?
How are elves related to Poland?
>>
File: 1541463073261.gif (71 KB, 400x400)
71 KB
71 KB GIF
>>62930731
Germans.
>>
>>62930731
Racism and gypsies.
>>
File: 1541109110026.jpg (70 KB, 600x771)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
People who are intolerant of other peoples culture, and the dutch.
>>
File: Natty 20.jpg (99 KB, 503x500)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>62930731
DnD players. By this I mean people who have ONLY ever played DnD. Even if the game I'm running is DnD, the people who have never played anything else are usually obnoxious turbo-faggots who are WAYYYY too into "DnD'isms" and usually shit at actually roleplaying.
>>
>>62930918
>schools exist solely for wizards to make a sophie's choice
>no limits
>>
>>62930981
based reply is blessed
>>
>>62930921
I had a GM that gave Elves German names. It was silly.
>>
>>62931035
How does, killing the one you like more, because nazis, make sense in context of fantasy game?
>>
>>62930731
How dare you!?
>>
>>62930918
>Bad GM detected
>>
>>62930747
But what if the character allowed it to happen
>>
>>62930981
This, but PbtA players. No, I don't care how much you want to fuck Adam Koebel and no I don't want to hear about how amazing PbtA is during every single role.
>>
>>62931072
Then it's not a rape, now is it?
>>
>>62931058
>faggy sperg makes a joke or sticks his heels in to belabor a point he got wrong
hmmmm I'm sure you don't know anything about wizards in dnd
>>
File deleted.
>>62931035
Too bad schools don't actually impose any limitations in nu-DnD. You don't lose access to anything by picking a school in 5e. Fuck, 90% of wizard players pick Divination while only knowing like 0-2 Divination spells because the Divination school perks are so fucking overpowered.
>>
>>62930981
Cool. Someone who's only ever played DnD wants to branch out and try something new. Are they just not allowed? Like I get your point of not wanting retards who see every Tabletop as "dnd but this", but some people have only played dnd, because it's all they've played.
>>
File: facepalm +3.png (59 KB, 223x216)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>62931114
>Divination spells are usually an extremely good use of a spell slot in situations where the spells are useful
>Divination has a feature that refunds the spell slots at a lower level so you can keep using them.

Meanwhile

>Evocation is generally considered a poor use of spell slots in almost every situation
>School features don't refund any spell slots
>Literally just let you avoid hitting allies (which is easy to do in the first place) and half damage on save cantrips (of which only like 3 exist and 2 suck).
>Only feature to actually increase damage doesn't come online until level 14 and still worse than a Sorcerer using quickened/empowered spells or Warlocks spamming Agonizing Eldritch Blast most of the time

Fuck, why is Wizards of the Coast SO shit at designing classes. The worst part is, you can't even homebrew fixes because if you make any homebrew giving wizards anything ever people start autistically screeching about how wizards are already super overpowered, even if it's for the shitty wizard classes nobody ever plays like Evocationist or Enchanter.
>>
>>62930969
>people who switch apostrophes and commas to completely change the meaning of their sentences

Why do you hate the Dutch so much, so much?
>>
>>62930731
>character named God
>"fuck this campaign premise let's be pirates"
>gimmick that's going to be stale or ignored within 3 sessions or less
>D&D
>real-life controversy

>"hey can I play <video game character>?"
While honesty is appreciated, I prefer to have players apply at least a little creativity in covering up ideas stolen from other fiction. If he can sneak it in without me figuring out he stole it from a video game, then it's okay. Same goes for characters from other media as well.

>Nonhuman fantasy races as PCs
Let's be totally honest here; you were just going to play the character as a human anyway, and it wouldn't present any meaningful obstacle even if you didn't. The intent is to focus your effort on making your character enjoyable within the story instead of fapping to your character's ears or scales.

>ERP, sex-assault, or otherwise excessive focus on sex
This is not why I'm roleplaying. If you do end up bedding someone, then you get a single line alluding to how much fun it was, which may or may not involve me trolling you. All forms of sex-assault are out of the question; in any place I would normally feel tempted to include it, I'll instead use a placeholder like eating someone alive or making someone play scrabble.

>stress disorders
Unless otherwise specified, all player-characters shall be considered to have normally-functioning stress responses. They may experience terrible dreams or an all-consuming need for vengeance, but their minds are their own and they need not otherwise face the burden of long-term mental harm.

>Social skills or fear compelling PCs to action
Players are ultimately in charge of their characters' choices. Wherever a PC might normally be dissuaded (i.e. failing a willpower test against intimidation, fear, or demand for surrender), they may act contrary to their instincts, but at a short term/one-scene penalty to represent shaken nerves. The intent is to make willpower meaningful without degrading player agency.
>>
Black people.
>>
File: drow.jpg (40 KB, 327x546)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>62931415
How can you have a fantasy game without drow?
>>
>>62931411
what's wrong with sexually assaulting wenches?
>>
>>62931411
>can't rape, j-just cannibalize them
some hungry barbarian hordes you've got there
>>
>>62931537
The battle against wall-dwelling 'civilized' peoples works up quite an appetite
>>
File: this.gif (446 KB, 300x186)
446 KB
446 KB GIF
>>62931411
>>Nonhuman fantasy races as PCs
This. I used to think this was a meme until I actually tried my hand at DMing and realized how wrong I was. The only things that happen when you make non-human races playable is that you now have to balance every race against humans in order for them to be fair playable options, which completely dumbs down anything unique or alien about them, and when non-humans are playable it causes people to focus more on WHAT their character is than WHO their character is.

The elves of myth are supernatural, they're Neighbours, from the other side and so forth. DnD made elves mundane, fellow travellers instead of strangers.
>>
File: Gotta Have the Strut.jpg (73 KB, 625x457)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>62930969
Underrated post.
Also my only real 'red flags' are people who are hyper-competitive out of character. People who insist that every scene and combat be about them and their character, people who constantly one-up you in conversations about how much they know about whatever you're talking about, just generally annoyingly self-centered people who would rather throw a fit about things not going their way than pretty much anything else.
In-character, whatever, that's just part of the fun. There's a line there for a reason. But I'm more annoyed by people out of character than I am in character.
>>
>>62930918
wizards are not OP. This meme needs to die.
>>
>>62931484
Two places I can never get my players to go are underwater and the underdark.
>>
File: classes.png (65 KB, 1824x1114)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>62931654
They're not overPOWERED, no, but they are overVERSATILE. Wizards can built to be able to fill almost any role in a party, usually better than characters who are SUPPOSED to fill that role, and their only real limitation is having to take a long rest to change which spells they've got prepared. All the other casters in the game, like Clerics, have clearly defined roles and spell lists that reinforce that role.

In DnD's case it doesn't help that magic is so shittily designed that most spells feel like a way to bypass encounters and game content outright rather than engage with it. Most of the spells which you can cast in 6 seconds in DnD should be multi-hour rituals that require rare components or stars aligning or SOMETHING besides "Lol I said a quick haiku and now we're all invisible lol!"

And lets not even get into how much WotC hates giving Martials options to do ANYTHING that's not just killing things better. Or how the "skill" system takes up 2 whole pages in the PHB while spells are over 100. Or how skill "prficiency" only makes you 5-20% better at something you're supposedly an expert at compared to someone who's never done the thing in their life.

Honestly... just fuck DnD in general. I'd rather play something else but other games don't actually get played or have player bases, so fuck me I guess.
>>
>>62930918
>bad game detected
>>62930935
What have i ever done to you?
>>
File: Vidya casters.png (63 KB, 729x291)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>62931758
This. The saddest part is, even vidya is leaps and bounds ahead of most TTRPGs when it comes to handling magic in non-retarded ways.
>>
>>62930747
y though
you are fine with other forms of torture apparently, why single one out
>>
>>62930918
In my game wizards prey on the weakness of an ailing reality and are basically raping existence and pushing it closer to its demise for their momentary personal benefit.
>>
>>62931385
>>62931619

Not him, but I always thought that bit was pretty funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M
>>
File: 1424812886135.jpg (23 KB, 499x270)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>62930731
>Elves with Polish names
I jested
>>
>>62931856
You needed a lot of Dutch Courage to post that.
>>
>>62932051
don't tell the wife or I'll end up in Dutch again
>>
>>62931758
Check out how Shadows of the Demon Lord does its magic system. It's pretty well designed. Versatility comes at a high cost and spells don't overshadow anything.
>>
File: 1541089468099.jpg (114 KB, 736x1094)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>62931828
Sounds pretty radical.
>>
straight white men :)
>>
>>62930731
Poles with Elvish names.
>>
>>62931758
Where are you form anon?
>>
>>62932298
>Poles with Elvish names.

This is my fetish
>>
>>62931130
Why are you replying to an idiot troll.
>>
>>62930747
But I'm a half-orc. Rape is my backstory.
>>
>>62932600

I'll allow it this one time, but only if you keep it light and comedic.
>>
File: Weevil.jpg (272 KB, 550x616)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
Insect heroes. Doesn't matter if you use insects as a weapon, a main theme, or have a giant spider pet, insects are for villains.
>>
>>62930731
Furries/scalys
Assholes
Rape
Gratuitous torture (edgy 14 taking glee in being descriptive, the act of torture while avoiding excessive details is okay)
Slutty character with no other real traits, mostly because they are either thirsty as fuck dudes or girls who want to make sure that all the saugages in the party see her as not a prude because the turbovirgin dudes get upset if a woman doesn't want to sleep with everything
Weeb shit
Stupidity
>>
>>62931654

its not a meme its reality you bathrobe faggot
>>
File: Cheerful Heracross.png (196 KB, 400x300)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>62932645
What, you don't like Heracross? Look at how happy he is.
>>
>>62932801
I would cuddle the fuck out of heracross
>>
>>62932645
Spiders aren't insects though.
>>
File: Heracross Hug.jpg (25 KB, 480x360)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>62932855
I know right? Just keep the birds away from him and he's fine.
>>
>>62931200
>Autistic screeching
Fuck them, write the hombrew, fix it anyway, someone lurking will appreciate your work.

Add necromancer to that shit-tier list, death domain clerics do it so much better and they get to wear actual armor while doing it
>>
>>62930731
As a Pole I would find this hilarious.
>>
>>62930731
US Americans. I don't know if it's cultural differences or Roll20, but they have always considered the other players as opponents. It was always toxic in the end.
>>
>>62930731
>height given in the imperial system down to half inches
>>
>>62933083
I think it's the former magnified by the latter - because they know no one can punch them in the face for being a twat, they feel they can allow their inner twat to blossom at the expense of people who should be their allies. As if working together is a punishment to be resisted even on pain of death (though given the state of public schools and the 'I'm the only one actually doing this team project' meme, it might be more understandable in that framework). I know I can't stand that kind of mindset and I've always been a dirty burger.
>>
>>62933083
That's probably Roll20.

Weirdly, for me the limit is Canadians. Every experience I've had with them has been nothing but passive aggressive jabs about how the game would be better if their 'suggestions' for improvement would be taken on board.
I also find they're the ones who demand that caster supremacy be a thing in any setting with magic.
>>
>>62933083
the eternal anglo
>>
>>62933204
As in they insist that casters are better, period, and should be treated as such?
>>
>>62933252
No, as in: regardless of the rule system they should be mechanically better than non-casters.
>>
>>62933286
Ah I see. That seems like a brain problem then. Odd that attitude would be a Canadian thing.
>>
>>62932627
Not him, but how do you do that?
>>
>>62933536
His orc father was a college football jock Chad & his mother was a girl who passed out at the party after challenging the ogre to a grog drinking game
>>
>>62933479
You'd think so.
Maybe it's the Canadians who willingly come here, my neck of the woods is located roughly 1/3 of a mile from the surface of the sun - might be that they send their crazies over as a form of execution via melting.
>>
>>62930731
Nothing I'll really forbid, but I've been playing with the same group of people now for like 70 sessions and they know better than to test me.

>>62931720
Really? My players are constantly trying to get themselves underground and into the underdark.

They just really seem to enjoy all the sessions involving spelunking, light management, fighting terrifying abyssal horrors, enchanted fungal forests, and managing their way through labyrinthine cave/mine/tunnel systems.
>>
>>62932645
But anon, that isn't justice.
>>
File: 7ee.png (11 KB, 522x379)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>62932645
i haven't actually watched kamen rider but cmon man
>>
>>62933536
The female orc banged the human. Because of the implication.
>>
>>62933083
>toxic
>hates US Americans, uses US American buzzwords
>>
>>62931584
This is the most pants on head shit I have ever read.
>>
File: 15y3sn.jpg (144 KB, 1000x662)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>62932298
>What is The Witcher saga
>>
>>62931794
Because rape is a special case that is more real to modern westerners than something like flaying or cannibalism. If you really need something like this spelled out to you then you may just be an autist.
>>
>>62931411
>or making someone play scrabble
Now listen here man, there are limits.
>>
>>62930731
>Polish people
>>
>>62933988
>>
>>62932773
>Furries/scalys
Even normal beast races ? Like what if someone want to be a Lizardman or a Skaven ?
>>
>>62934031
I'm not sure you understand the difference between a furfag and someone just playing a beastfolk character
I kind of envy you your ignorance
>>
>>62930918
>>62931758
Wizards should have been limited in their spell selection based on the school they chose. The problem is that then WotC would have had to put a useful set of spells at ever spell level for every school, which they clearly aren't capable of.
>>
>>62930731
>Wierd flex but okay
Out of interest, what's wrong with polish elf names?
>>
>>62931508
sexual assault. that's literally the part that's wrong with it.
>>
>>62934043
>I'm not sure you understand the difference between a furfag and someone just playing a beastfolk character
Oh I know the difference, i just wanted to make sure that you did , i know lots of people who think that any non-human characters is furry pandering.
>>
>>62933732
It just means you're doing something right
>>
>>62930731
>You walk through the woods with your hand on your sword
>You've heard rumors about this place, the elves don't take kindly to outsiders
>"CHEEKI! CHEEKI BREEKI!"
>You know that sound! The innkeeper told you that's their warcry!
>You draw your blade and tensely wait for any movement
>Suddenly three creatures clad in strange, shiny and wide fitting clothes descend from the trees, landing in a squatting position
>One of them speaks up in broken common
>"YOU HUMAN, YES? YOU WANT... HOW YOU SAY... NA ZDROWIE?"
>Another pulls out a bottle with a strange substance
>You've heard rumors of their "fire water", supposedly a substance more harmful than alchemical fire
>You step back as each of the elves takes a shot
>"NA ZDROWIE MIEDZIMORCE! NA ZDROWIE MIEDZIMORCE!"
>They keep chanting this over and over while taking shots and dancing around
>You slowly back away, thanking Pelor for the fact that you lived to tell the tale
>>
>>62932645
>blue beetle
>ant man
>the tick
>black widow
>SPIDER MAN

I can just smell how uncreative you are
>>
>>62934357
There's veritable goldmines worth of untapped entomological heroes out there. Whipspiders, jumping spiders, crusteaceans in general, etc. etc.
>>
>>62931794
Because it's one of those things that can really make the game worse either because it's someone's magical realm or because someone at the table can't handle it/ doesn't want to deal with it. Nothing wrong with outright banning the topic.
>>
>>62934383
Fuck yeah, man. Absolutely anything can be made into a hero thing or a villain thing depending on how you flavor/use it.
>>
>>62932571
Because he failed his Insight check :^)
>>
>>62932801
Heracross looks cute but those actual beetles are nightmare fuel. I can't believe Japanese elementary schoolers not only pick them up but actually make them fight for entertainment.

Holy shit man I fucking hate insects I hate them so much that I still have Fallout 3 sitting in my steam library. Just fucking sitting there. I hate radroaches, I hate fire ants, I HATE THEM ALL. Even mods that turn them into ghouls don't solve the problem of those SKITERRY SKITTERING SOUNDS.

I wish I could just not be a pussy and play the game. If I had a friend or something I could just have them sit in the same room as me as I rekt some fireants until it stopped being scary.


My point is fuck insects and fuck beetles in particular.
>>
File: 1523874849660.jpg (85 KB, 453x439)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Is the polish meme just another russian troll thing? Because it feels a lot like when they were trying to spam about poland's defense minister a while back
>>
>>62931415
This
>>
>>62933204
>>62933656
Dude, that's just Canadians. It's like a culturally ingrained trait that they pretend to be inoffensive, but they're all incredibly passive-aggressive and their worldview makes no fucking sense. You're just seeing that bleed into hobbies.
>>
>>62931788
Wizards in video games fucking suck.
I'm sorry bit the grass is not greener.
>hurr I throw arrows in the shape of fireballs.

You guys just need to tone down your wizards more.
>>
>>62933204
that's not passive aggression, you dipshit
make better games if you can't handle criticism
>>
>>62930747
why? were you raped or something?
>>
>>62934537

OP here. I love Poland.
>>
>>62930731
>Notable Royalty
Son of a Duke/Baron? I'll allow it. There's a level of "Never 'eard of 'em" to that.
Bastard of the king/queen? Great. That's fun to work with.
Crown Prince/Princess of the Realm? No. Unless you want to be the party's damsel in distress.
>>62931411
I ruined a party of twerps who said "fuck it let's be pirates/bandits."
>>
>>62933536
The same way the Big Bang Theory does it: with a laugh track.

Now I want to see exactly that. I want to see a brutal, violent, bloody rape scene with kicking and screaming and clear resistance where eventually a big orc dude just batters her face into a bloody pulp until she's too broken to even resist and just lies there, trying to hold back her tears as a dick way too thick for her vagina rams its way through as the air is filled with agressive grunts and suppressed whimpers. Except sometimes there's a laugh track that coincides with an awkward pause in the rape scene.

Then, after the rape is over, the elf's husband comes home and throws a pie in the orc's face. Then there's an even louder laugh track than before and the orc fingergun's the elf bro with a goofy smile, as if he's thinking "classic elf bro!"
>>
Itt: everyone red flags themselves
>>
File: 1539794276200.jpg (34 KB, 460x602)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>62933944
Yeah, but by your same logic If I just host a game in Africa, i wouldn't be allowed to include flaying, cannibalism or rape in my settings because it might upset those players because they might have real life experiences with that.

If something real isn't allowed in your setting because it's too real for your players then perhaps you need to deal with people who are more well acquainted with/grounded in reality. (Or pull a *no guns in my setting* but substitute guns for rape, dont even change the convoluted reasoning)

>> don't describe concepts I'm uncomfortable with in your game

Nice dubs btw
>>
>>62934824
Oh no, you're in the thread too, now you've been redflagged too
>>
>>62934599
wizards in what kind of games? in most games that i have played they fill a role of being the best dps characters and im not even talking about mmorpg. Put an STRONK tank in the front for taunting and let the wizard cast an AOE spell. When he runs out of mana begin to kill with said tank and rogue.
>>
File: are you fucking joking.jpg (173 KB, 584x305)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>62934910
Oh, fuck off, you're just trying to justify throwing it in because you're the guy he's trying to avoid. It isn't cool to use tabletop games to get off while you creep out everyone at the table. You're like the faggots trying to make loli a free speech issue, we all know what you're really doing and we just don't want to be party to it.
>>
>>62935109
do you not know what a sandal is?
>>
>>62930969
>dutch
"the problem with having six dutch guys as playtesters is that these are the people whose ancestors when looking for some arable land stopped at a pleasant stretch of sea said 'pull up some walls lads, we plant here' "
-some guy pharaprased
>>
>>62934031
I'm the anon youre replying to

So if it's a truely non sexualized beastrace I may allow certain players to play them, but I have one particular player who is a furry who will pitch a fit Everytime I tell him no towards any beast race. Beyond lizardfolk (& my particular way of portraying them) & maybe a few out lying cases, I have a blanket ban, because they don't play them as something strange, & try to act like the "gentle giant"/Tumblr "*clomps you" type speach when portraying them
>>
>>62933944
I'm sorry for your trauma, that sucks for you, but you should really see a therapist to learn how to deal with your issues and move past them.

Before even sitting down at a table, it's important that you understand the difference between a rpg and reality instead of trying to control the other players.
>>
>>62934910
>If I just host a game in Africa, i wouldn't be allowed to include flaying, cannibalism or rape in my settings because it might upset those players because they might have real life experiences with that
Exactly. There's also the issue of the key difference in experience for the victim. Being flayed it cannibalized? You're dead. Being raped? You're not dead, but now the GM has forced a traumatic personality shift onto your character.

In the end everything is fine if the group signs off on it, obviously, but if you're in a scenario where you're considering what is and isn't allowed then it's perfectly reasonable to keep rape out.
>>
>>62935372
Why are you under the impression that I was raped? See >>62935451 for why it's a bad idea regardless of if anyone in your party has been raped in real life.
>>
>>62935372
>Before even sitting down at a table, it's important that you understand the difference between a rpg and reality
This. It's a game therefore anything goes.
>>
>>62934537
More or less. When the Vodkaites are taking a break from making up fake news on alt-right sites, they chill out and shitpost about Polskas.

Can't imagine having a national identity that has that much of a rageboner for Poland...
>>
>>62935372
>trying to control the other players
>the GM doesn't get to tell the players things to not do
I bet you just allow all of the rapey vore titty lizards into your games, huh?
>>
>>62935536
Of course, that's why you have no problems with furries and weebs and edgelords and rules lawyers and munchkins and listening to two people erp etc
>>
>>62935490
Are you autistic?
Can you separate reality from fantasy?

Good, then you shouldn't have a problem with events that aren't actually happening to you.
>>
>>62935586
>conflating in character events with out of game issues

I'm sorry for your extreme autism. I hope they discover a cure one day.
>>
>>62935595
It has nothing to do with affecting me or anyone at the table. I explained why rape is a special case and why people would want to keep it out of their games. If you're so autistic that your GM asking you to not rape someone in character is a problem then clearly you're the one with an issue here.
>>
>>62935621
>mentioning how people exclude others for a multitude of other reasons is conflating in game actions with out of character issues

Okay.
>>
>>62935645
>I explained why rape is a special case
You failed to do so. But ok.
>>
>>62935645
See >>62935372
>>
>>62935372
Look faggot. Rape is not equivalent to torture or cannibalism. It isn't, you cannot in anyway justify it being so. It is it's own separate brand of evil & no one needs that shit to happen in a hobby so often that the fact of it's inclusion/exclusion is an affront to you're "realism".
>>
>>62935547
>national identity
It's not "national identity", it's a former KGB agent old enough to be your dad, filling multiple office buildings with writing majors and telling them to shitpost about poland, in the hope of making the world okay with invading them.

It's really just insanity if you think about it.
>>
>>62935706
>devolving to insults
Run out of the ability to argue so fast. Sad.
>>
>>62935666
I explained that it forces a character shift and psychologically altering experience on a player, which is unfair. Let players decide what happens to their characters mentally.
>>
File: 1494974225060.jpg (44 KB, 600x478)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>62930731
Jack-Of-All-Trade-Builds
its a game for more than one player right ? I dont need a one man team at all
>>
>>62935726
>everyone who disagrees with me is the same person
>>
>>62935733
Everything forces a character shift. It's called roleplaying. It's the whole point.

I really don't understand why this is so difficult for you.
>>
>>62935759
>zero reading comprehension
Pathetic.
>>
>>62935761
Yes but the player decides how that happens and what specifically affects them. Your GM doesn't turn to you and say "Your character is appalled by the brutality of the orcs and you now have a phobia of them getting you and irrationally hate them." If your character is raped you're forced into changing your character.
>>
>>62935808
Of course. But that applies to anything that happens to the character.
>>
>>62935736
What if it's a five man party but all four main roles have already been filled? Or if it's a three man party and one character decides to take multiple roles on himself?
>>
>>62931584
I used to think this, but I've resigned myself to the fact that no RPG, or at least no campaign that my friends play, is going to properly convey the tone of alien otherness of elves.
>>
>>62935722
Memetic warfare is perhaps the most use a country can make of its writing majors. Besides re-educating them into another field, that is.
>>
>>62935595
I can go to the fucking movies & understand it's a fucking movie separate from reality, but I dont want to watch a movie featuring rape, & I don't see anybody saying "Hey, why doesn't Disney Princess x get raped by villain Y?" being thrown around for "realism's" sake. Anyone asking for that is open about their disgusting fetishes. It's the same fucking principle
>>
>>62935832
No it doesn't, if your character is captured and deprived of food, you don't have to make that change them. No one walks out of a rape like "Eh that sucked but everything's still cool." Just like you wouldn't walk away from being cannibalized or flayed alive thinking like that, if you could walk away from them in the first place.
>>
>>62935853
Hey man, you enjoy your PG children's cartoons and leave the dark fantasy and horror to the adults.

Don't try to tell others how to play.
>>
>>62931828
Dark Sun?
>>
>>62935891
>dark fantasy and horror must include rape by necessity
>>
>>62935872
Yes it does. Everything negative that happens to your character from starving, to being seriously injured, to losing comrades in a fight, to being mentally attacked by spells, to seeing horrors rise up undead, to being set on fire can all and SHOULD change your character, if you're really trying to roleplay your character.
>>
>>62935726
If you can't stand insults get off 4chan. Did you really think you could participate in a fun hobby like posting on the internet & not get insulted? It's what "realistically" happens faggot. If you can't deal with your trauma, maybe don't post on the internet
>>
>>62935891
>Don't try to tell others how to play.
Do you know what fucking thread you're in?
>>
>>62935932
>not getting the joke
lmao calm down you doublenigger
>>
>>62935920
Again faggot. Rape is a whole other level of fucked up. It is not equivalent to anything you have posted
>>
>>62930731
realism infringe on fun.
>>
>>62935920
>roleplaying means everything must affect characters exactly how it affects real people, and I always change my character's personality according to recent events because playing as an unfeeling husk of a person who has shut themselves off because of trauma is so much fun
>>
>>62935853
Listen, it's alright if you fetishize getting raped and all that, but don't project your /d/tier shit on others.
>>
>>62935956
No, it's not. Get over yourself.
>>
>>62935979
>rape is /d/tier
=/ How sheltered are you? /d/ is like a 4 on the fucked up fetish-meter, rape is like a 2, most people have fantasies about it
>>
>>62930731
Furries. Take your cum and shit crusted fursuit elsewhere.
>>
>>62936018
Don't try to tell other people how to play the game
>>
>>62935973
>doesn't actually want to roleplay
Then get the fuck out of /tg/
>>
>>62931484
Simple. By not playing retards & autism
>>
>>62936043
If that's what you took out of my post then you need to go back to school and learn to read
>>
>>62936016
Exactly. Rape isn't a disgusting fetish. It's a pretty mellow one as far those things go.

Remember, 9/10 people enjoy a good gang rape.
>>
>>62936002
You cannot judge that. You have never experienced it & you obviously lack the basic empathy to understand others because of your autism
>>
>>62936069
Doesn't mean you should include it in games without asking your players first, though.
>>
>>62936067
I could say the same to you and >>62935973 post.
>>
>>62936093
You cannot judge it. You have never experienced the gamut of human horror know what ranks where.
>>
>>62935979
All fetishes are disgusting anon. That's what makes them fetishes.
>>
>>62936131
That's not true.
A fetish is just something that you require to get off. A fetish could be literally anything.
>>
>>62936108
You said everything should affect your character. The realistic reaction to everything the average RPG character puts up with on a daily basis is to stop feeling things, we have plenty of evidence that being surrounded by death and constantly afraid of dying turns people into unfeeling husks, especially when they then have to walk back into civilization and try to integrate with normal people.
>>
>>62936196
Everything SERIOUS should affect your character. It's up to you what you decide is serious, but for me the stuff I listed is pretty serious. Just as serious as rape.

Different people respond to trauma in different ways. Some people might joke, others might drink or do more self destructive things, yet others might turn inward, or seek hedonistic activities or turn to family or religion.

That's part of the fun. The challenge and engagement of turning a piece of stats upon a sheet of paper and roleplaying deep interesting characters. Turning a one dimensional thing into a fully realized person.
>>
File: 1537050106417.png (621 KB, 865x761)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
>>62934664
>>62931072
>>62931794
>>62932600
No one wants to deal with your stupid fetish, it's like making a character who is a slave, 90% of the time it's a magical realm thing.
>>
>>62935706
>have literal savage hordes in the setting
>they murder and eat people
>somehow they also don't rape the women before killing them
fuck off with your shitty worldbuilding
>>
>>62930731
>not allowing noble Mateusz Szymon Krzesiński of the Endless Forest, along with Grzegorz Kazimierz Trutwa, Weaver of Nature and Aldona Balbina Kołodziejczak, Beauty of a Thousand Smiles to experience the epic fights against german dvarves, ukrainian gnomes and russian spirits
>>
>>62935808
what if you got yourself into the situation that got your character raped? What if the DM chose to do that instead of killing your character because of the story?
>>
>>62936428
never heard of chivalry, asshat?
>>
>>62935706
>Rape is not equivalent to torture or cannibalism.
I agree. Torture and cannibalism are both far worse.
>>
>>62934288
>MIEDZIMORCE
co
>>
>>62936467
>chivalrous lancelot
>chucks King arthur
>>
>>62936467
>savage hordes
>chivalry
kek
>>
>>62936459
>haughty isolationist elder elves mixed with Polish gentry
holy shit
>>
>>62936474
>Torture and cannibalism are both far worse
Rape is a form of torture
Cannibalism isn't that bad, it is just taboo
>>
>>62930731

Fun fact. Owl talons can rip a human apart.
>>
>>62936298
>Different people respond to trauma in different ways.
This is untrue, shell shock's symptoms are ubiquitous, so ubiquitous that the only people who can help veterans deal with their ptsd are other veterans with ptsd. If you're being as realistic as you're claiming you are then every character you play that dives into lich lairs and outlives a few friends should develop some degree of shell shock.
>>
>>62936459
Ah yes, the epic fight against russian spirits, which no liver hath survived.
cośtam cośtam lej wroga w mordę
>>
>>62936529
Sure, but generic torture is just sadism without a point and can't really be justified.

Fair enough about the cannibalism, except it also assumes murder which is final.
>>
>>62936461
If the group agreed to no rape then I would be upset the GM decided to have my character raped.
>>
>>62936548
If you're going to make a claim like that you're gonna have to back it up with the proofs.
>>
>>62936571
fuck i can't find the goalposts anymore
>>
>>62936428
Contrary to what you might believe, not every fucking person wants to rape. This includes your "Savage horde" strawman
>>
>>62936548
>>Different people respond to trauma in different ways.
>This is untrue,
lolwut
>>
>>62936601
How would you know what everyone else wants?

Don't speak for the savage horde you worm.
>>
>>62936595
Group agreement was a central part of my argument you retard. >>62935451 All the way up here, the second fucking post I made.
>>
>>62930731
character concepts from reddit and tg. Yeah J, I know all about the char build 'how to kill a terrasque in 1 hit' I'm as much a lurking nerd as you, you're not original.
>>
>>62936610
There are certain types of trauma people don't respond differently to. Hence why I continued on to describe one of those types of trauma.
>>
>>62936601

You'd be surprised what people will do for a Klondike bar
>>
>>62936601
if the culture of the group of npcs is burn, kill, steal, and overall hedonism. Then logistically some of them will rape, especially after seeing others in the group do it.
It's ok if you like playing babby settings though, enjoy your ''''''''''''''''savage'''''''''''''''''''''''' hordes
>>
File: 1515388648372.jpg (269 KB, 1571x1140)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>62936639
>implying i'm the same anon you were reeeing at
low quality
>>
>>62936671
>my game of pretend wizards fighting dragons is SO MUCH BETTER than yours because mine has RAPE
>>
File: laughing vikings.jpg (118 KB, 538x482)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>62936601
>1 in 4 women claim to have been sexually assaulted in the modern civilized west
>thinks that most of the savages who rape and pillage in the era of "might makes right" didn't rape and pillage
>>
>>62936683
I didn't imply that you illiterate mong. I implied you didn't read the conversation, missed where I already said group permission is key, and then accused me of moving goal posts when I brought it up again.
>>
>>62936695
>wrong therefore greentext '''''argument''''
no iq to be found
>>
>>62933732
>they know better than to test me.
>>
>>62936671
Yeah you're right. Rape makes games better because it's more realistic, that's why every player has to go into detail about where their character is pooping and peeing while they travel and how they clean themselves and dispose of their waste. Then every day they have to roll to see if they have a crippling toothache because they've not been cleaning their mouths either. Some may call it autistic, but realism is worth it.
>>
>>62936718
>I implied you didn't read the conversation
i know i didn't, and if you knew i didn't then you just shouldn't have replied, would have been ezpz
>>
>>62936725
>implying your games are better because they have rape in them is an argument worthy of a real rebuttal
>>
>>62936559
>generic torture is just sadism without a point and can't really be justified
Not exactly, since a lot of times torture isn't without a point and does have a justification. A lot of evil organizations use it as a way to get what they want (both in fiction and IRL)

>Fair enough about the cannibalism, except it also assumes murder which is final
It does not. These are two separated things. A clear/real example of a murder-free cannibalism is dire situations where people are starving, someone dies first and get eaten. Also, murder is so broad it is hard to say how evil it is. Killing someone in a war? Killing someone in self-defense? Etc. Thus, if you kill someone in legit self-defense then eat that person, how bad is the eating part?

I honestly don't consider cannibalism itself anywhere bad. We eat other mammals anyway. People think it is an absurd because they instantly picture a serial killer or some fictional savages that do it solely because they enjoy it. But really, if I was in a situation where eating a human corpse seemed reasonable for my survival, I wouldn't give two squirts of piss about it.
>>
>>62936802
>why did you prove I was a retard, you knew I was a retard and had no idea what I was saying so you should have kept it to yourself
>>
>>62932525
>Ratfolk using random Polish words as names
I hope none of you fags does this.
>>
>>62936799
>this amount of salt over fictional worldbuilding logic
if the action is an integral logically consistent part of the worldbuilding then it is absolutely stupid to ignore it even if it belongs to one specific group that your players may interact with.
>>62936818
thanks for the (You) i guess
>>
>>62936840
damn you got me good
>>
>>62936881
Thanks
>>
>>62930918
What was the name of the wizard that obviously broke your heart?
>>
>>62936862
Why is the rape integral? Can the savages only reproduce through rape? You, as the GM, have decided that rape must be integral, what I am telling you is that if you just never bring up rape then I guarantee that no one without a rape fetish is going to stop you and say "Um, anon why don't the barbarian hordes rape people from villages they destroy?"
>>
>>62930918
You never had a player who was an expert at being a Rogue, did you?
>>
>>62936836
>isn't without a point and does have a justification
I guess that's purely subjective and we'll have to agree to disagree.

>A lot of evil organizations
I pretty much ignore what they have to say about things.

I think there's the other part of cannibalism, which is how to treat the dead. Most cultures and religions have specific prescriptions on how those are to be treated so doing something different is just kind of messed up like murder, but cosmically or eternally fucked up because you're desecrating their eternal spirit or whatever.

>>62936962
>if you just never bring up rape
And conversely if you bring it up because it happened in the setting, nothing bad will happen either.
>>
>>62936962

What bothers me the most about this guy is that he insists that rape MUST not only be included but stressed in a "realistic" game. It can't be implied, it has to be foregrounded, apparently.

The implication of rape is already there when you say that a savage horde pillaged a town and kidnapped those they didn't kill. I don't see why one should dwell on it if the majority of players aren't comfortable with it.
>>
>>62935736
But anon I play in a 5 man group and I like helping all my friends.
>>
>>62934599
>Wizards in video games fucking suck
Play more Dragon's Dogma and Dragon's Crown
>>
>>62930731
Whats wrong with polish names? they are actually fairly elven'ish, sure more than bob or tom
>>
>>62936962
>Why is the rape integral?
when you say in explaining a group that they are complete savages, it conjures up images of tribals/vikings/indians depending on what kind of people you are playing with. Also as stated before in this thread, people consider rape WORSE than eating another human even if that human is currently being eaten alive so mentioning that they rape the villiages that they pillage add to how utterly evil they are without having to say that they're worshipers of some devil or some other roundabout way of saying they are evil
>Can the savages only reproduce through rape?
>I guarantee that no one without a rape fetish is going to stop you and say "Um, anon why don't the barbarian hordes rape people from villages they destroy?"
i've had both of these come up in game before to give the players reason to never side with the savages, also as i said it is assumed that when you start to talk about viking like people in an already harsh world they will think of rape
>>
>>62937026
>insists that rape MUST not only be included but stressed in a "realistic" game.
literally implying/projecting
> It can't be implied
it usually only ever is implied, i only outright say it if a player asks
>I don't see why one should dwell on it if the majority of players aren't comfortable with it.
you're literally the one dwelling on it by trying to exclude it outright
>>
>>62933536
Drunken date rape. He felt so guilty afterwards that he proposed to the orc girl then and there and they actually turned out to be a lovely couple partially because the orc didn't realize she'd been "raped", as orc courting rituals tend to be...rather aggressive. And just as fueled by booze.
>>
>>62937009
>nothing bad will happen
You don't know that. Some people, victims or not, are understandably uncomfortable about the topic and let's not forget, we play games to have fun, not to have our sensibilities pushed. If you include rape in the foreground of a game without clearing it with your players then you're doing the same thing as people who shove their politics into a game.
>>
>>62936548
Not sure how modern veterans really apply to fantasy psuedomedieval games though.

Most soldiers these days deal with being blown up while driving, or being shot by a bullet from a gun they've never seen, or being shelled by artillery or a drone strike. and obviously dealing with the death of their comrades through such means. IE. death at any moment out of the blue. They have to be constantly alert 24/7 365 and face sudden death without warning which frays their nerves.

Compare this to a medieval soldier or ancient soldier. Most of the time their campaigns were sitting around training, marching long distances, setting up camps and fortifications, etc. Most of the time they're super bored. They fight only a couple days a year, and they always see the thing they're fighting. Outside of disease they basically are safe 95% of the time. They don't need to be on edge all the time.

Plus, they might be a very superstitious lot who believes that as long as they make their prayers and sacrifices and their god of war or whatever smiles upon them, they'll always be victorious.
>>
>>62937140
>mass killing literal savage hordes while feeling like a pure godhand isn't fun
shame on you
>>
>>62937068
But if people visualize rapey hordes why do you also need to mention that they raped people?
>>
>>62937177
reading comprehension
>>
>>62937140
>are understandably uncomfortable
Sure. That's fine. Games like other form of media and entertainment should provide positive and negative feedback. Horror should scare and shock you. Comedy should make you laugh. Action should make you excited. All emotions are good and useful and you shouldn't be scared of trying to create them.
>>
>>62937177
to stir righteous indignation
>>
>>62937143
I'm not comparing warfare now to warfare in a pseudo medieval fantasy world. I'm comparing warfare now to going dungeon diving into a tomb where every tile could be a trap and every noise could be a mindflayer and you've also had to watch your friend get picked to the bone by carnivorous cockroaches.
>>
>>62937110

Nah, man. My two main groups are pretty much "anything goes", since we don't have any creepy fetishists and everyone is rather well-adjusted. However, the point of the thread is about ruling out something to maintain a good game and you're super butthurt that some tables might not be comfortable with rape as if this is incredibly detrimental to enjoying games of make-believe.
>>
>>62937191
But you should though, let's not kid ourselves that our games are some form of high art provocateuring. We play these games to have fun, some people don't find talking about rape fun, so you ask before hand.
>>
>>62930918
Imagine having taste this shit
>>
>>62937009
>we'll have to agree to disagree
no problem; feel free to disengage the discussion at any time

>I pretty much ignore what they have to say about things
Though i'm not saying it is right or anything, just saying that torture can occur without a sadistic intent (though a torturer, in my opinion, is always evil, at least to some degree)

>I think there's the other part of cannibalism, which is how to treat the dead
>Most cultures and religions have specific prescriptions on how those are to be treated
But that is subjective as well. There are/were cultures that considered cannibalism an honorable thing to do to someone dead. And since we are theoretically talking about things these things occurring on a fictional setting, not necessarily our common IRL traditions of how to treat the dead applies

>doing something different is just kind of messed up like murder, but cosmically or eternally fucked up because you're desecrating their eternal spirit or whatever
Well, if you don't A) believe these things B) is doing it intentionally to piss other people off, those are not really relevant. I mean, rape/torture will always be a bad thing because someone will suffer it. But if you cannibalize a corpse in a culture that believes it is just a corpse, then there isn't any harm done
>>
>>62937235
And yet, you spend 99% of your time outside of tombs.
>>
>>62937253
>you're super butthurt that some tables might not be comfortable with rape as if this is incredibly detrimental to enjoying games of make-believe.
you're still projecting
I'm only posting because of the LITERALLY illogical choice to make something as universal as a savage horde fucking babby tier by removing the fact that they would rape. I never said to outright mention it, or to start describing the act, I simply said that it is illogical that they would not, and if a player asks to make sure then to simply say yes. Any other assumptions about my 'side of the argument' are literally trash projections
>>
>>62937313
>implying
osr or bust fucking plebshit
>>
>>62937319
the crusaders didn't rape, I mean... since basically everyone is religious it would make sense that the hordes had some taboo against one action even if it is morally better than alternatives they take
>>
>>62937191
The issue with this argument is that some people don't like being scared, so they don't go see scary movies. If they walked into a Disney movie that became a slasher they'd have every right to be upset. Just like when someone comes to play a game about wizards and dragons and you drop rape on them.
>>
>>62937329
>implying osr has much roleplaying
Enjoy your Fantasy Adventure Game faggot
>>
>>62936671
Savage hordes also didn't kick down doors and rape the baker's wife right there on the kitchen table. Absolutely every time rape is included in games to be "realistic," it is then preformed in the most ludicrous manner possible. It's nothing more than gratuitous, edgy fetish fuel for autists like you.
>>
>>62937319

Not really. A guy said he didn't allow rape in his table and you've been cooking up scenarios were rape is likely just to imply that including rape is an absolute necessity of a "realistic" game.
>>
>>62937353
And yet, if the game is described as dark or mature then they shouldn't be surprised by it.

By the same token, people shouldn't complain that there are people who like horror and want to see them, even if they personally don't. Like some people are doing in this thread about rape and similar subjects.
>>
>>62937384

The game being described as dark or mature is a projection you're making. The guy said he didn't allow rape in his games, nothing about muh mature.
>>
>>62937353
I play with adults. I say the game will have adult themes in it. That's all. Nobody's complained about it yet.
>>
>>62937424
There's a dozen posts in this thread talking about how you shouldn't have rape in any rpg game. That's the part he's talking about. It's fucked up.
>>
>>62937384
This entire discussion was started because one guy said they don't allow rape in their game. No one has said that nobody should have rape in their game. The hardest stance anyone has taken is that you should ask your players if they're okay with it before you even start playing the first session.
>>
>>62937428
I play with adults too, smart ass, and I still make sure to ask anyone who wants to join if they're okay with things like rape being mentioned.
>>
>>62937353
Complaining about rape happening in some fantasy setting with capital E evil and genuine monsters is about the same tier as complaining about deep ones showing up in a Call of Cthulhu game. What did you expect?

Don't sit down at the table if you can't handle it or can't separate fantasy from reality.
>>
>>62937348
>crusaders
what are you talking about? they're basically anti savage hordes, at least when considered historically from a certain point of view
>>62937361
>implying I'm any other anon's in this thread
i've literally only talked about the worldbuilding aspect of having a savage horde in your game after someone else brought it up
>>62937357
>implying implications AGAIN
when did i ever state any of that? link me the post
>>
>>62937348
>the crusaders didn't rape
How do you know?
Prove it
>>
>>62937458
>No one has said that nobody should have rape in their game
you might want to reread the thread anon
>>
>>62937485
Give me a single reason rape needs to be explicitly mentioned in the game that isn't "because it's dark and realistic". Then give me a single reason why it's unreasonable to ask your players about it before they join.
>>
>>62937550
>here are my goalposts, RIGHT HERE
>>
>>62937549
I've been here since the beginning, anon. No one has said rape should not be allowed anywhere. People initially asked why the person would exclude rape in the first place, and others told them why it would be different than torture for many westerners.
>>
File: uwot.png (349 KB, 442x319)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>62937485
>Rape is synonymous with fantasy
no it isn't
>>
>>62937550
>Give me a single reason
Do the same with anything. Why are you fighting monsters? Why are you robbing tombs? Why does anything happen.
>>
>>62933536
The human mom raped the orc dad.
>>
>>62937526
barbarians in dnd can't be pagans, so how savage can they actually be
>>
>>62937626
fucking savage post, let me grab my mace
>>
>>62937597
>can't read
I'd make fun for you for being retarded or blind, but your life must be miserable enough as it is.
>>
>>62937619
??? Because we're playing a game where the players want to do those things?

What the fuck kind of question is this, anon?
>>
File: Yeah - Autism.png (59 KB, 689x422)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>62937319
>LITERALLY illogical
>in a *FANTASY* setting not bound by logic at all

Well Anon, we've discovered your personal problem. You're unable to distinguish between "My personal 'suspension of disbelief' is limited to 'all group violence MUST include the implication of sexual assault - I can't imagine it otherwise!'" And the fact that many other people are NOT so mentally limited in their view of FANTASY that it has to mirror real world violence.
>>
>>62937526
>>crusaders
> anti savage hordes
Crusaders spent more time killing Christians then anyone else.
>>
>>62937679
yeah but that was a logistics issue
>>
>>62937550
You sound like a child asking their parents for the first time "Why do bad things happen?"

Because the world isn't a nice place.
>>
File: 1532499603760.png (318 KB, 449x425)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>62937657
>literally can't distinguish between a game and reality
>projects as if i'm the one with the problem
what a genius post
remember that i'm only talking about savage hordes in worldbuilding logistics, if you want barbarians that aren't full savage then call them something else like the lollipop stealing gang
>>
>>62937691
Peter the Pauper - leader of the Pauper's Crusade...

Crusader: Boss, we're lost, and starving!

Peter: Fuck it! Lets sack Belgrad!
>>
>>62937384
>And yet, if the game is described as dark or mature then they shouldn't be surprised by it.
And just because a game is dark or mature doesn't mean that everything goes. Somebody who is warned about a movie with "graphic themes" shouldn't be surprised to see a chainsaw murder, but he would be 100% reasonable in being shocked to see a twelve-year-old child being gangraped to death.
>>
>>62937750
why did you bring up the kid shit? how can you assume that's what is meant by rape? you are literally the sickest fuck in this thread. jesus christ
>>
>>62937708
>the world isn't a nice place
Good thing this is a fantasy world made up by a nerd that the players only interact with through that nerd's filter. Are you seriously saying that because if any fantasy setting was real people in it would get raped that means rape MUST be mentioned to the players regardless of if you've asked them if they're cool with it or not?
>>
>>62937771
Such behavior is historically documented, so it needs to be part of everyone's game or else you're running some sort of candyland fantasyland game for complete pussies.
>>
File: WTF am I reading.png (85 KB, 404x404)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>62937721
> I'm not projecting - I'll just move the goal posts and claim I'm merely being a pedantic douche-bag instead!
> That'll show them!
> Everyone else is the retard in spite of multiple Anons calling me on my shit!

MFW...
>>
>>62937789
>i can't argue so i'll make the other side look bad
i wonder if there is a word for this
>>
>>62937750
Dude you are seriously fucked up
>>
File: Troll Fail.jpg (100 KB, 392x345)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>62937789
> FATAL GM Detected!

Roll for anal circumference everyone!
>>
>>62937814
I know it's difficult, but I'm sure you can find it in yourself to respond to the actual content of people's posts even if you're super triggered by arguments you don't like.

>>62937818
Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>62937750
I think it would be fine if it was a horde of halflings
>>
>>62937787
Yes, things should be described as they are, because that's a necessary part of having players interact with a setting. It's literally the point of rpgs.
>>
File: 555.jpg (82 KB, 1920x1080)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>62935547
>When the Vodkaites are taking a break from making up fake news on alt-right sites
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 275x183)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Stereotypical Dwarven characters.
If I read a backstory and can think of at least 3 other characters similar - in both D&D and fiction - I ask the player to either change it up a bit, or fudge with slight discrimination against that character - not the player.

I've seen enough Drunken Monk, Brash Honourhound, Cold yet Golden hearted, Scottish mimicking, Gimli impressionistic, baseless Elf hating and worst of all - fucking boring, Dwarves in the past 20 years.
>>
>>62933479
>Odd that attitude would be a Canadian thing.
It's called "small sample size"
>>
>>62937870
But you're the one who decided there was a rape. So why can't there just not be a rape?
>>
>>62932645
"Fear me, for I control earth's creepiest creatures! Try to stop me and my loyal swarms of ladybugs!"
>>
>>62930731
>Phones
i normally take my player's phones and put them in the lid of my dice box in the middle of the table. You get a call, go ahead. But nobody's playing music or looking at memes at my table.
I moved away recently, moved the game onto roll20 with the same players. They find a character with a magic glass eye, i said that his left eye flashes blue as the light passed over him.
One of them decides to spend two minutes searching up megalovania on his phone to play down mic for a sold 30 seconds. Don't get me wrong, i'd find it funny in the moment, but after we've partially moved on, no.
>>
>>62937939
Nah, mostly I'm just using the cosmology that exists in the setting we're using. That just happens to have a lot of genuine monsters and capital E evil. Literal demons and devils.

Rape, along with a host of other unpleasantries is a natural side effect of that.
>>
By omitting rape it's a good litmus test to see who to not want in your games. If they complain or object, they don't belong.

Your game could still have those themes, but you know it's being explored by reasonable individuals. Not fucking spergs.
>>
>>62938007
You haven't answered my question. Why can't you just not bring up rape? If people want to they will use their imaginations to fill in rape wherever, but you've yet to bring to me a reason why you must specifically bring up rape.
>>
>>62930731

You mean I can't play my vodka swilling elven ranger Leaf Drzewoski?

heh Drzewo it's perfect... my GM will hate you for giving me the idea.
>>
>>62935172
You had this entire conflict of a leaking dam, but some guy just says "I stick my finger in it." and makes this anti-climactic solution to the adventure!
>>
By including rape it's a good litmus test to see who to not want in your games. If they complain or object, they don't belong.

Your game could still not have those themes, but you know it's being explored by reasonable individuals. Not fucking autists who can't separate fantasy from reality.
>>
>>62938034
It's unsurprising the majority of /tg/ is so ill adjusted they'd chimp out at not being able to rape NPCs
>>
>>62938034
This is exactly why I listed it next to furry or weebshit. I don't mind beast races or ninjas, but certain things are tentpoles for some people. Just like rapeanon sperging out, he just would never belong at my table, because I could never trust him to not sperg & he probably is a shitty person irl
>>
>>62938056
Why bring up and describe combat? Why talk about the history of the setting? Why explain what the townsfolk look like? Why can't they just use their imagination?
>>
>>62938068
>There's going to be mentions of rape in the game, are you okay with that?
>Oh, sorry, no, I'm looking for a less sexually graphic game.
This is literally what the anon arguing against you has be arguing for you retard.
>>
>>62938125
Because without those you don't have a game? You made this argument before and it was just as stupid then.
>>
>>62938131
One guy is arguing that.

At least a dozen other posts are arguing that rape should never be included. Try again retard.
>>
>>62938125
>Okay folks, this game is going to be about combat, exploration, & rape. Now the rulebook covers those first two, but here are my home rules for the third...
>>
>>62938158
Please quote the post that says rape should never be in games
>>
>>62938154
>Because without those you don't have a game?
Glad you understand. It's the GMs job to describe what happens in the setting, and what the players encounter and see. They are their eyes into the world.
>>
>>62938158
>At least a dozen other posts
How do I samefag on 4chan?
>>
>>62938158
>At least a dozen other posts are arguing that rape should never be included.
one person is arguing that rape should always be included
the vast majority of everyone else is arguing that rape should only be included if everyone at the table is good with it
>>
>>62938180
this one
#metwo
>>
>>62938182
This still doesn't explain why the things they see and hear must include rape.
>>
>>62938071
The thing is, in my experience, it's more likely the GMs who want rape. Sure if they ever play a game they also want to rape, but they usually also have a power complex & like being GM more than a player
>>
>>62938180
If you genuinely can't read, I feel bad for you son.
I got 99 problems but spoonfeeding bitches ain't one.
>>
>>62938224
>Anon can you back up your claim?
>HEH I AIN'T GONNA SPOON FEED YA, KID
Anon I've literally been here the entire thread.
>>
>>62938209
Yeah it does.
>>
>>62938224
heh
>>
>>62938245
No it doesn't. You are putting the cart before the horse. You as the DM decide what is going on and you describe that to the players, obviously, so when you describe a rape you have consciously decided "there is a rape going on here". My question is: Why must there be a rape there?
>>
>>62938240
So you literally have been illiterate since the first post?>>62930747
>>
>>62938240
"i'm not going to look it up for you" and "i already proved you wrong so we're done here" are truly the 4chan's ultimate shitposting techniques
>>
>>62938300
saying you don't allow X in games is so completely different from saying that X "should never be allowed in games" that you seriously can't not be taking the piss here
>>
>>62938300
This thread is about stuff you don't allow in YOUR games you mongoloid.
>>
>>62930731
I don't allow people that talk about /tg/ shit in irl real life to play in my group. Shit like this is pretty much exactly why.
>>
>>62938287
Because there are evil monsters (and evil people, and evil gods, and actual unholy demons) in the setting. They do bad things. They curse, and steal, and assault, and rape, and torture, and kill, and everything else under the sun that you can think of.

They'll kick your little dog too.

Having actual genuine evil in your game helps to frame the context of opposing it. Your heroes can only be as heroic and great as your villains are abominable. It's what makes playing the game and perhaps winning in the end so satisfying.
>>
>>62935736
Jack builds are fine, it's when they overshadow the specialised teammates that I get upset.
>>
>>62938373
So you need rape in your game so you feel powerful? Got it. You have just confirmed that you're a fucking degenerate
>>
>>62938373
>Having actual genuine evil in your game helps to frame the context of opposing it. Your heroes can only be as heroic and great as your villains are abominable. It's what makes playing the game and perhaps winning in the end so satisfying.
Very well put.
>>
>>62938373
Okay, I fundamentally disagree that rape must be bunched up with those other things but I'll give you that for the sake of argument. So then do you think it's unreasonable to expect you to ask your players if they're comfortable with rape before including it in a game?
>>
>>62938454
With that degree of projection you should open up a cinema.
>>
>>62938459
this just in: hitler didn't personally rape anyone; therefore, the liberation of europe wasn't as heroic and great as it could have been, and V-E day was deeply unsatisfying
>>
>>62930747
this. usually it's some edgy fucktard who can't write for shit putting it in to show "things just got real", and always try to make their story dark n sheit
>t. was the kind of guy who did just that a few years ago
>>
>>62938373
It sounds like you use rape as a crutch to make villains look worse because you're bad at writing.
>>
>>62938483
>imagine being this retarded
I consider myself creative but even I struggled with that.
Dumbass.
>>
>>62938466
seems like it would spoil the surprise
>>
>>62938483
>hitler didn't personally rape anyone
Prove it faggot
>>
>>62938502
>I consider myself creative but even I struggled with that. Dumbass.
well i'd like to take credit for coming up with the whole hitler thing but in the interests of full disclosure i'll admit stole it from another campaign i saw somewhere else
>>
>>62938504
Why does it need to be a surprise, and why wouldn't you just ask before accepting someone into your game?
>>
>>62938525
if they know beforehand they might stick their pussies into a bag of holding or some shit
>>
>>62938466
It's not unreasonable to have everyone on the same page. Understanding and explaining expectations is a very important part of the job of a GM.

I just don't agree that rape needs any particular special treatment. Either a game is adult with adult themes, or it's not and it isn't.
>>
>>62938548
>>62937750
>>
>>62938558
You're still fucked up dude
>>
>>62938373
Fair point
>>
>>62938569
why do all these people who claim that they're brave strong men who don't need no trigger warnings nevertheless manage to be triggered by something that has happened in most full-scale conflicts to date
>>
>>62938548
Rape is a much more real trauma to people in the West. You're much more likely to have a loved one who was raped than a loved one who was violently murdered by a demon. It's simply respectful of the reality of the situation, people in the West are more sensitive to it and it will literally never hurt you to be conscious of what other people are sensitive to.
>>
>>62938626
People who can't separate fantasy from reality, and can't handle fantasy trauma should go see a therapist, not sit down at a tabletop game.
>>
>>62938642
Roleplaying games are my therapy.
>>
>>62938642
the entire point of tabletop games is to pretend that fantasy is reality for a few hours
>>
>>62938646
Same here.

But I also don't complain about stuff that shows up in a game or expect it to be censored.
>>
>>62938661
>pretend
That's an important word, try to focus on that.
Even children understand that when they play cops and robbers or cowboys and indians.
>>
>>62938642
It has nothing to do with separating the two. Triggers, as much as 4chan laughs at them, are real things, and an otherwise completely well adjusted person can relapse and get flashbacks of past trauma when something real or not triggers them.
>>
>>62938483
>hitler wasn't a bad guy cause he never raped anyone

Nice.
>>
>>62938711
I agree. Not every game is for every person.

If someone can't handle adult themes at a game, they don't need to sit down at it. I'm sure there's another game more suitable for them somewhere else.
>>
>>62938679
there's a reason people most people spend their time playing games like cops and robbers and cowboys and indians rather than games such as occupying soldier and nubile young woman

also games like cowboys and indians specifically focus on the bang bang bits and don't dive deep into the systematic ethnic cleansing and genocide element of the american expansion because that bit isn't fun for most people
>>
>>62938749
>he never played doctor as a child
I'm sorry you missed out
>>
>>62938749
you don't think it's because 4 year olds don't know about gang rape and ethnic cleansing?
>>
>>62938733
This is exactly the point I've been making, so why do you continue to argue that the best way for people to discover this isn't the game for them is to go through a few sessions until you have an npc raped?
>>
>>62938749
My point is that they don't take things personally, and don't say you can't play a cowboy because a few of them historically inflicted some genocide.
>>
>>62938776
I never said that. You realize I'm not everyone you've argued or posted at in this thread.
>>
>>62938779
No one is saying you can't be a rapist in a game. Just find a game that's cool with that and don't sperg out when some people don't want to play with you.
>>
>>62938805
Well fucking excuse me for assuming the person who has been responding to me for multiple posts was the person who responded to me again
>>
>>62938808
My point isn't even about playing a rapist in a game. My point was more about whether rape can and should happen in a setting with genuine evil in it. My answer is yes. Should it be censored to protect people from being uncomfortable? No, as long as you're playing with adults who understand this is a game about exploring the themes of good and evil.
>>
>>62938759
i truly regret that i wasted my tender years playing four-square or some shit when i could have been legally exploring a young girl's body without promptly being sent to jail to roll for anal circumference on a daily basis

you know that by the time you're old enough to eat candy for breakfast you don't actually feel like it anymore? it's like the opposite of that.
>>
>>62938830
Calm down.

You're panicking.
>>
>>62938849
>protect people from being uncomfortable
This. Uncomfortable is good.

Anyone who doesn't get a little uncomfortable when confronted with evil are really the people to watch out for.
>>
>>62938849
For fuck sake. No one is saying you should censor your fucking games you mouthbreather. I even granted you that you absolutely gotta have rape because that's how you make your bad guys look supet duper bad, yet you've still not answered why it's better for someone to learn your game isn't the game for them in the middle of a fucking session instead of before they even join.

Yes I fucking mad.
>>
>>62938642
It has nothing to do with triggers or "can't handle much elf games, it's too vivid" it comes straight down to the fact that I don't want rape in my fucking game. I want rape in my game as much as I want my players to describe their shits in character
>>
>>62938915
there's zero chance that our "all games gotta have rape" friend is actually uncomfortable in any way about rape
>>
>>62938915
>my games are pieces of art made by a provocateur
>But also if you get upset then fuck off snowflake
>>
>>62938926
Well, I don't advertise my game as full of rape. Mostly because it isn't. I mean it hasn't even happened except for one raped woman being rescued early on in the campaign.

I don't even advertise my game. I already have more than enough players than I could hope for.

My players understood from day one that there's a possibility of terrible shit happening and that the game is rated R for adult themes.
>>
>>62938915
We're on the same page then.
>>
>>62938998
This thread has nothing to do with you then you god damn chimp. If you have a fucking roster of people ready to suck your cock at a moment's notice and are all very obviously on the same page as you then why are you arguing in a thread about what people don't let people do in their game?
>>
>>62938642
if anyone could fully separate fantasy from reality, they would be unable to enjoy art
>>
>>62938998
>i gotta have rape because how else can i make my players understand that the bad guys are bad?
>>
i can't believe i forgot to make the great point that if villains raping makes the heroes more heroic

then villains raping children should make the heroic even MORE heroic, since it's clearly that much more evil
>>
>>62939059
Are you fucking retarded? This is literally a thread about people spazzing out about shit in games.
>>
>>62939120
yeah ostensibly that is true, if you don't think a child rapist is worse than an adult rapist you have a mental problem (this is no longer hypothetical)
>>
>>62939089
>I gotta play a candyland game where eveyrone hugs it out in the end because I can't handle anyone getting too upset
>>
>>62939141
Yes. Their games with strangers. This thread is about stuff people don't let randos do in pick up games. Or are you too retarded to pick up on that?
>>
>>62939144
so i assume that you include child rapists in your games in order to make your players feel more heroic
>>
>>62939059
Because the thread covered more than that, obviously. Like most /tg/ threads, it doesn't just stay on topic all the way through.
>>
>>62939157
>i can't rebut what they wrote so I'll change the subject to grumdork vs candyland
also
>i am such a shit writer the only way I can make my players feel heroic for defeating the villain is if that villain raped someone
>>
>>62939174
>don't allow wizards in your games
okay
>don't allow polish elves in your games
okay
>don't allow the dutch in your games
okay
>don't allow black people in your games
okay
>don't allow rape in your games
282384734374 posts about how all serious games must include rape or else you're playing a candyland snowflake game
>>
>>62939197
It's ok, just admit you have zero creativity. I won't judge you too hard.
>>
>>62939215
>can only make illustrate people are bad with rape
>insults someone else's creativity
smuglaughingrapevictims.jpg
>>
>>62939241
at least one book on every major historical atrocity should be required reading for DMs who want to make good villains
>>
>>62939169
depends on the situation, usually I run evil campaigns so that'd be up to the players
>>
File: no points.gif (409 KB, 400x227)
409 KB
409 KB GIF
>>62939241
>game with rape means everyone's a rapist
>zero reading comprehension
>can't even post an image
>>
>>62939270
>not reading the thread to understand context
>being this much of a newfag
>>
>>62939213
Obviously people feel very strongly about it.
>>
>>62939283
>calls others newfag
Most newfag sign there is
>>
>>62939303
>can only throw back an insult
When did you start? '16? 15'? After those those SJW mods banned you from Reddit for "telling it like it is"?
>>
>>62939059
You didn't genuinely believe that this >>62933944 retarded post wouldn't start a long meandering conversation about rape, did you?
>>
>>62938373

I admit I was skeptical but your game sounds alright.
>>
>>62939406
That post is right, though. When was the last time you met someone who knew a victim of torture or cannibalism? Pretty much only people who spend time in third world shitholes. Meanwhile, I can almost guarantee you know someone who was raped themselves.
>>
>>62935956
How is rape "a whole other level of fucked up" when to compared to just regular stuff that happens in D&D?

Last week (in my AD&D game) on of my PCs got grabbed by a mind flayer. It had got tentecles on her, pierced her skull and was going to extract her brain next round. If it wasn't for a +2 dagger and a lucky crit it would have sucked her brain out like a raw egg.

Hell mind flayers are a signature monster, this isn't that an uncommon way to die and it's pretty much more fucked up than anything 'real'.
>>
>>62939461
So? Did you want a hug or something?

Several of my players have been shot at and one of them has been stabbed. We still play Delta Green.

This is a thread about ttrpgs, aka games of make believe and fantasy. You can leave your real life issues at the door, and if you can't then don't sit down.
>>
>>62939529
>herpaderpa my anecdotal evidence
I have explained why this argument doesn't hold water. The crux is this: There are people who WILL be upset about rape in a game, no amount of your macho chest beating about how you are the paragon of mental health is going to change this. So why would you wait until you're midsession for people to find out they don't want to game with you instead of stopping them from even joining?
>>
>>62939571
You're assuming I would ever play a game with someone who got raped, when frankly I would not do that.
>>
>>62939571
Newsflash: Your mental health is your responsibility. If you need help go seek a professional therapist.

Telling gamers not to run adult games because they don't like scenes of graphic violence or sex or both is like trying to tell the film industry not to have scenes of graphic violence or sex. It's just not going to to happen.
>>
>>62939618
>Telling gamers not to run adult games
Literally nobody did this in the entirety of this entire thread.
>>
>>62939632
Good. Because they'd be fucking stupid.
>>
>>62939616
??? where did I assume that? where you are getting any of this from? Did you have an aneurysm?
>>
>>62939654
Great addition to the thread. I'm glad you stopped by to show everyone how illiterate you are.
>>
>>62939662
You're talking circles around yourself, my man. Maybe it's time to take a break, and regroup?
>>
>>62939654
Congratulations on striking your great rhetorical blow against people who don't exist.
>>
>>62939526
>it's pretty much more fucked up than anything 'real'.
This is a point that's often lost in these threads. Rape is just a thing. Mindrape is really triggering.
>>
>>62939686
No, I'll just keep waiting for you to actually respond to what I said. Why would you wait until the middle of a session to find out someone didn't want to be in your game instead of weeding them out before they join?
>>
>>62939740
The crux of your argument is that westerners are all traumatized by their close experience with rape and that triggering them will retraumatize them. The world isn't as soft as that, you just run with sissies.
>>
>>62939787
>all
It's really amazing how words keep appearing in your paraphrases that nobody ever said.
>>
>>62939787
Not it isn't. I told you my argument you fucking retard. Respond to what I'm actually saying or admit you have no rebuttal.
>>
>>62939816
"All" referencing being completely traumatized, not a statistical measurement of those affected. Sorry forgot you couldn't read and wanted to misinterpret it to try and make a case for yourself.
>>
>>62939787
>unironically using the term sissies
>>
Greetings, i am a bystander who has fuck all to do with this

>>62939571
This person is arguing that you don't NEED to have rape to have a dark game with adult themes. That the game doesn't become a kids game just because rape goes unmentioned. That you can hav perfectly "pure evil" monsters and demons without having to bother to mention they also rape

If this person is the one who posted the first message, then his message was quite clear "Every time i've dealt with rape in one form or another it devolved into creepy fetishes instead of a mature exploration of the concept. I am not willing to give anyone else the benefit of the doubt and simply veto any rape mention in character creation, backstory or interactiom"

You can argue against the former, not the latter.
It is kinda like the people who say "Beast races are not allowed at my table because every player so far who has done so turned out to be a fetishist" which i think it's silly in principle, but won't argue against it if i am playing under said GM

>>62939618
This person is arguing that rape is just another form of evil. He's treating it as the people within his game would. Something horrible and traumatizing that happens often when you have women and people willing to rape in one place. It is something that happens and shouldn't be shyed away from. He uses it as a device to signify his daemons are pure evil, effectively both agreeing and denying that rape is indeed a special kind of evil. More or less "I am gonna list all these bad things, if you happen to react more strongly to one of them, that's on you, not me". My words and interpretation, not his.
>>
>>62939853
There isn't a native English speaker alive who would use your interpretation of "Westerners are all [any adjective here]."

But even if we did, the words "completely traumatized" are also words that nobody ever said.
>>
>>62939859
That's a fair understanding of both sides.
>>
>>62939890
But that's incorrect, so I guess we'll agree that you're a mother hen who would rather play Monopoly than an RPG. Oh, but be sure to let them know they may have financial problems during it.

>no one said monopoly why are y--
>>
>>62939859
>that happens often when you have women and people willing to rape in one place
I feel it should be added that it's certainly not something that only female characters should be worried about. Rape of male prisoners of war has been a thing throughout history. What better way to break a proud knight's spirit, after all?
>>
>>62940005
>But that's incorrect
You can believe whatever you want about the best way to run your games but when you take a fat shit on the English language and expect other people to eat it you don't even get that defense.

>no one said monopoly why are y--
You're doing it because replying to what people actually say is too difficult so you resort to arguing with retarded strawmen instead.
>>
>>62940005
>if you want to just have fun playing a game go play monopoly, TTRPGs are for real men who aren't sissy enough to have things they don't want to talk about with a bunch of nerds playing pretend
>>
>>62940076
You've made far too many retarded posts to try and claim literacy at this point. Check the grammar, it's sound. "All westerners" is what you wanted to have been written. "all traumatized" is what was written.

Cry some more. I already told you I wouldn't trigger warning them because it would ruin the surprise and emotional reaction of dealing with an in game rape in the moment.
>>
>>62940018
If people in that setting have the same hang-ups about sex and homosexuality then it'd be very different, I'd say women getting raped by an occupying army is an almost certainty. It has little to do with humiliating the woman and all with the soldier relieving himself.
Raping a male to bring him down would be far rarer. It has little to do with relieving yourself from your urges, instead, being a tool of physical and psychological torture.

They can hardly be compared

Imagine it like this, a soldier that is part of the force that has recently occupied your city eating your provisions for the winter because they are hungry and the same soldier walking into your cell and eating your slop right in front of you because he wants to make a point.

>Food analogy
I know
>>
>>62940132
Anon, if it's all just about roleplaying and fantasy then why does the person's reaction need to be surprised? Wouldn't it incentivize people to break character and react as themselves instead of as their character?

Also
>admitting you're such a shit writer you need shock value to elicit an emotional response
>>
>>62940132
>Check the grammar, it's sound. "All westerners" is what you wanted to have been written. "all traumatized" is what was written.
Your interpretation is not grammatically forbidden, but it's still not how anyone would ever interpret a clause like that. "We are all human" means that every one of us is human, not that some of us are 100% human. "The refugees were all filthy" means that every one of the survivors was filthy, not that some of the refugees were 100% filthy.

Write down the sentence without any context and ask literally fucking anyone you know how they'd parse it, your players, fucking anyone really.

>to try and claim literacy at this point.
Just because you're capable of outright fabricating retarded posts to put into other people's mouths doesn't mean anything they actually said was retarded.
>>
>>62940201
Actually yeah I do see your point with the examples. All was a problematic word to use for sure.
>>
>>62940230
This is the first time this whole year that I've gone after someone for a bit of English pedantry and the conversation went anywhere.

Now back to the rest of the regularly scheduled kvetching.
>>
>>62939787
>he just devolves into an argument from machismo
god damnit i was enjoying the read until that
>>
>>62940257
>god damnit i was enjoying the read
seek psychiatric help
>>
>>62940265
What can I say, mental gymnastics threads are my weakness. I'll leave that up to interpretation.
>>
>>62940136
I mean, there was a big point being made earlier about how rape shows off how evil the bad guys are. If that's your goal, then that kind of display of power and control is exactly what you'd expect.

Besides, views on homosexuality tend not to affect male rape all that much, since people are really good at double-think. Prisons are hardly gay-friendly environments, and yet they're the origin of the term "rape culture". African nations are notoriously anti-homosexuality, but male rape as a weapon of war is a big problem that few people are willing to confront. The U.S. military had "don't ask, don't tell", but systematically molested and sexually humiliated prisoners in Guantanamo. And these are just modern examples.

Basically what I'm saying is, if your villain really is Evil, then there's no reason why he wouldn't have his ogre lieutenant rape your paladin until the blood runs down his knees.
>>
>>62940195
It may cause them to break, but regardless of whether or not they break character they'll react as people. I am not trying to entertain gnomish sorcerers.
In the same way that movies can have spoilers slammed in front of them while playing on TV, "the following contains scenes of a bitch getting raped in her car, shit." It mentally prepares you for that to happen, and then what's the point of it even being in it.
>>
>>62940333
You are supposed to provide the reason for rape to be in there. Do you know what it's called when someone includes rape or some other graphic, disturbing subject for pure shock value? Hack writing.

And so roleplaying isn't why you're playing the game, so you don't get to use the defense of "it's just roleplaying get over it" when people get upset about something. You're purposely trying to upset people, not characters.
>>
>>62940136
Anon... men will rape men for the same reason men rape women. Don't try to argue that only women should be raped in your rape games faggot
>>
File: 1369485871524.jpg (29 KB, 191x271)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>62940333
>In the same way that movies can have spoilers slammed in front of them while playing on TV
Movies have had labels on them for ages. "This movie is rated R for strong language, gore, crimes against humanity, and so on." I don't think I've heard anyone claim that the movie was then subsequently ruined for them.
>>
>>62940333
>hey man, I like to include a lot of dark subjects in my game, are you cool with graphic descriptions of violence or subjects like rape? =/= when you guys get to dark death evil man's lair you'll find out he kidnapped and raped that npc wench you're going to get sweet on in session 3
>>
>>62940367
I understand that you feel rape is beneath your narrative, but in a war simulation to cut it out is moronic. I was supposed to... what? Seriously, you're trying to spin this into an attack on my writing skills because I was styling on you. I get it, but just assuming rape was dropped in from the sky without context or a motivation is pretty thin. No one has ever been upset by it, because again I don't associate with the raped or with pansies.

>>62940415
I disagree, "Hey guys rape is in this, you cool with that?" is the same thing they'll know it's coming. I suppose to then rape a dude would probably still have the shock value, but it's never come up.
>>
All these stupid chucklefucks who watch Game of Thrones & think every grimdark story/setting needs rape
>>
>>62940454
Rape is not beneath my narrative you mongoloid including it for no reason other than pure shock value is.
>>
>>62940454
You can disagree all you want that doesn't make you right you retard. And including a nuanced perspective on rape is significantly different and much more acceptable than slave rape what do.
>>
>>62940536
Raping a slave would make the master a more detestable character. I don't know why I have to answer all your rape scenarios though, you're a big boy do some thinking on it.
>>
>>62940132
He literally admits his players are so bad that they could not help themselves from metagaming.
>>
>>62940624
That you think people and players are the same thing makes me question why you're here. Hopefully to troll.
Again I don't particularly care if the characters are entertained.
>>
>>62940650
oh fuck, characters and players. I'll have it coming this time.
>>
>>62938373
There's a fine line between having your players genuinely want to complete the campaign and driving them away. If the world is too calm it becomes boring, if it's too chaotic it becomes unbearable.

Pretty sure rape is a little bit too far and will alienate most players from your world, as well as yourself for describing rape in your campaign.

Unless everyone playing is cool with darker themes, don't bring up stuff that will fuck with people personally. The campaign will go from being something fun into something uncomfortable real fast.
>>
>>62931130
The only way to escape from DnD hell is to run a different game yourself. Only after you do this do you have the right to be a player in anything else.
>>
>>62940650
>he's literally thrown out any presumption that RPGs are for role playing
As someone else said before, get off /tg/
>>
>>62940957
Bit of a stretch, but hey you do you, Nancy.
>>
>>62940815
>Pretty sure rape is a little bit too far and will alienate most players from your world
Well, that's a bit of an assumption on your part. In my experience, all the players I've encountered were fine with it.
>>
>>62934505
Imagine being this much of a little bitch
>>
the real question is why is it a big deal if a group asks for no rape
just find another fucking group if it matters that much to you, they're clearly filtering people like you so both of you can find the people you want to play with easier
>>
>>62941302
Same.
>>
All these stupid chucklefucks who watch Critical Roll & think every noblebright story/setting can't have rape





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.