[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 59 posters in this thread.

10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
05/08/16Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!
[Hide] [Show All]

File: tf2_neca.jpg (486 KB, 1000x620)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>Lines that you were really looking forward to but ended up as total shit

I only ended up picking up the red heavy
>>
Disappointing figures general?

This guy right here. While I'm not a huge fan of the games, I love the design of this suit. The figure I got is an absolute mess in terms of QC. Sloppy paint, gauntlet spikes warped beyond repair. And the articulation sucks. Double jointed knees are all fine and dandy but he can barely bend his elbows up to 45 degrees, it makes him so much less fun to pose.
>>
>>6241200
Really?Dont own the figure myself,only heard good things about him until now,even thought about picking him up myself.Well then...
>>
>>6241202
If you can get him cheap (and you don't get one with shitty QC) he still looks pretty good on a shelf, just don't expect league of shadows level ninja articulation from him.

Honestly it's probably not that bad but I've been spoiled by import figures.
>>
Paint app QC seems to be very spotty though.
>>
>>6241190
>>6241196
Agreed, NECA really dropped the ball on the TF2 line, probably why Valve went to GSC for Dota. At least NECA finally gets to finish the last three even if they still look mediocre at best.
>>
>>6241211
>At least NECA finally gets to finish the last three even if they still look mediocre at best.

Too little too late in my opinion.
>>
>>6241208
Thanks for the honest rating will consider
>>
>>6241210
The sculpt is really nice. Paint is really shit tho.

I'd go for a PAK version, instead

But there's really no excuse for that level of incompetence.
>>
>>6241217
I don`t know why, but NECA fans, or at least one overzealous NECA fan seems to be the most openly hostile group here on /toy/.
>>
>>6241222
I love NECA aswell,so that makes i twice as disappoiting.
Honestly I think the tf2 line is hard to defend.
>>
>>6241190
is there even any good tf2 toys?
>>
JoJo SAS.
Not an awful line by any stretch but the qc problems, inconsistent scale, and ridiculous character/color choices have kind of ruined them for me.
>>
>>6241190

So whats bad about them? Just standing there they don't look bad, so what is the actual problem? Guessing shit QC or something?
>>
>>6241384
There's really nothing bad about them. A couple had qc issues due to the factory fucking up, but they were pretty good figures. Even the Spy, while admittedly having gotten a nasty paint job, still turned out to be a solid figure.

TF2 is just part of the troll's greatest hits to post about on this board, you can pretty much ignore any threads talking about it right away.
>>
>>6241443
I wanted the Pyro when these first came out, but I recall hearing that he couldn't support himself on his tiny feet and thin ankles, and would just fall over.
>>
>>6241384
there were definitely many QC complaints, who knows how much a percentage of the actual product that was though. Spy just has a poor paint job in general, and the majority line tends to suffer from some degree of being top heavy and unable to properly replicate a good number of in game poses.

those are the most common complaints I recall hearing over the years. wether or not those are legit compalints, trolls, etc is a different story and can't comment on that. I never saw any in any of my local stores so I never got any myself.
>>
>>6241384
QC is abysmal (especially the Spy, who has a truly laughable face paintjob), articulation is completely useless, stuck joints, paint on said joints so even if they don't stick the paint will rub off, can't stand up for shit, dreadful paint...I could go on. Literally the only good things about them are the base sculpts, which I guess are accurate? Unfortunately you can't say anything bad about NECA products on this board because if you do then a few dedicated trolls will throw a hissyfit.
>>
>>6241190
i could never pick up Heavy, even if my LCS had one for like 11$. they messed up that face
>>
>>6241631
>QC is abysmal

It's hyperbole like this that ruins this board more and more. Though it does make it easy to tell who the trolls are, so, yeah, ignore this guy.
>>
>>6241702
Hello NECAnon.
>>
>>6241709
>>6241631
you know sometimes I wonder if NECAnon is also te anon who trolls against the NECA general. All part of some big trolling shitposting master plan in wich he giggles in glee as now every NECA general poster automatically beleivers any legit criticism about a figure they got is the troll, while the rest of the board feels NECA General is just full of die hard defenders.
>>
>>6241631
Got the Demoman for my brother a few years ago and I can remember a lot of these as well
>>
>>6241709

Yes, everyone that threatens your poor little bubble is your evil make believe monster.
>>
>>6241709

Oh, that's weird...I thought *I* was Necanon, according to you, just earlier today? Gosh, it's almost like you blindly throw out namecalling because you don't have any actual arguments to back your shit up, and just like to needlessly stir shit up.

Fancy that.
>>
>>6241747
For one, different guy.

For another, there is more than one NECAnon. NECAnon isn't an individual, but a mindset. It refers to idiots who cannot accept any criticism, no matter how small, of NECA products and accuse anyone who even remotely dislikes as much as one aspect of a NECA toy of being a "troll".

So whilst I wasn't party to that particular argument, judging by your butthurt, you probably are a NECAnon. And so is he.
>>
>>6241753

Thank you for continuing to be the most cancerous part of the entirety of 4chan. Now kill yourself.
>>
>>6241760
>Pointing out that some people get really fucking defensive over NECA
>"The most cancerous part of 4chan"
Either you're new or actually clinically retarded. Or both.
>>
File: 1476539539939.gif (378 KB, 96x90)
378 KB
378 KB GIF
>>6241760
>the most cancerous part of the entirety of 4chan
Sounds like someone's never been to /asp/.
>>
After 2001 when "Robots in Disguise" brought over the rad new Car Robots molds plus a ton of great underappreciated molds from G2 and Beast Wars with better colors, it was a great time to be a Transformers collector.

Even so, it was well known that was just filler. What came next should have been great. Then we finally saw the next new lineup of toys. There are some decent ones in there, and the designs are great for the most part, but the actual toys took a huge hit in articulation, the paint was lacking (even with huge red and purple blobs without lining for the faction symbols), and they returned to relying on gimmicks above all else. Definitely disappointing.
>>
>>6241775
man that board got impossible to find anything not wrestling ever since that was deemed the wrestling containment.
>>
>>6241764
You sound more than a little butthurt.
>>
>>6241784
will we ever get a mp hot shot?
>>
>>6241784
I was a Beast Wars kid, so I was hyped up for G1 stuff since BW made it seem so , for lack of a better word, epic. RiD brought back realistic vehicles, but it was still half-way Beast era, and since I had the internet and saw imports of it as Car robots, I knew it wasn't "really" Optimus Prime and Megatron, but Fire Convoy and Gigatron. Armada would be the first series with a new Optimus Prime and Megatron. and rumors early on had it as a G1 sequel.Long story short, I think I actually enjoyed the G1 reissues I bought around that time more than the actual new figures.
>>
>>6241384
>>6241443
They were complete shit. They were a QC nightmare. I hadn't even opened my Demoman before getting disappointed. I remember googling to see whether or not there were bootlegs because I owned bootlegs that looked better.

It's been a few years since I've had mine, but the paint application was shoddy on each one, especially around the joints. They were an articulation nightmare, which is kind of understandable given their stylized design, but not when they can't even hold their weapons (Pyro). I tried to stick out the disappointment but by the time Spy and engi came out I was done. Spy looked nothing like his game counterpart.

>>6241702

It's not hyperbole, they were genuinely poorly-made figures. If I had mine I'd snap pics of the handful of flaws each one had.
>>
>all I wanted was Blue Scout
>they've made him
>articulation is shit
>>
>>6241879
>They were complete shit.

Oh what the fuck ever, I actually own the figures, and I severely question that you even did. Because that's not true at all.
>>
>>6241892
I own Pyro, Demo, Heavy, and Soldier because I hoped the line would get better. It did not. But go ahead and keep pretending everybody is out to smear a 4+year old toy line for no reason.
>>
File: tf2team.jpg (899 KB, 2592x1456)
899 KB
899 KB JPG
I have a full set.

From what i experienced, Pyro and Demo, wave 1, had massive problems standing up on there own, as they were extremely top heavy, but were fine in every other department.

Wave 2, Heavy and Soldier had problems with excess paint drying on the joints, causing a large number of people to snap limbs off. My Heavy personally came heavily oiled on the joints and had no problem. My Soldier had stuck joints, but was easily fixed with a hot water bath.

Wave 3, Spy and Engineer were flawless quality wise. Sure the spy's face is ass, but no issues other than that. Engineer is perfect.

I was shocked when the line was canceled because it looked like Neca finally got there shit together. They were in the middle of switching chinese factories too from what i remember so it looked promising.

The new figures are releasing soon and i can only hope they're the same quality as the spy and engie series was. And hopefully they'll release the entire team as a special box set. So people can catch up.

The figures were plagued by problems, but at least personally for me, not enough to deter me from getting a complete set. And at the end of the day it's either this or nothing, so learning to take care of fragile toys was just part of owning these figures. I still own these figures to this day with no problems.
>>
>>6241903

On this butthurt board? Yeah, it's pretty easy to believe.
>>
>>6241921
Yeah, Engie is easily the best of the lot.

Shame they didn't give Pyro and Soldier a little more articulation so they could hold their weapons like they do ingame. You can get Pyro to look a little more natural than in that pic if you bend his elbows the tiny amount they allow.

They all look pretty nice at least.
>>
>>6241443
>>6241702
>trolls

holy shit /toy/'s autism never ceases to amaze me
>>
>>6241921
I agree with the first two.

Wave 3 is what did them in. Spy got hit hard with the ugly stick. They hit him so hard that excess ugly splashed onto Engineer.

It was really obvious the factory switch hit that wave pretty hard. Engineer would have been passable (albeit still spotty) had he not released in the same wave as Spy.

I hope we get a re-do on Spy and Engineer in the form of blue variants. I was buying BLU and would still shell out money to finish the set, quality issues be damned.
>>
>>6241784
The weird thing about Armada is that the Mini-cons (which were more or less accessories) often had better articulation than the figures they came with.
>>
>>6241366
I suppose the blindbox turrets couldnt have been that bad, could they?
Also, figma atlas and pbody coming up
>>
>>6241921
TF2 was about the only time my distributor actually helped me, albeit by accident. I was willing to take a chance on these, despite NECA dragging their feet for so long after TF2's popularity had dissipated. Alas, they claimed NECA would only allow direct sales Probably a lie, but who cares, it saved me thousands of dollars.
>>
File: Turtles action.jpg (71 KB, 450x225)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>6241190
I remember thinking the 2012 tmnt line would be so neat. what an idiot i was. it wasn't just the lack of joints that killed my interest, it was mostly the character designs themselves. when i some characters from old lines or other various series, i end up wanting toys of them instead of the shit we're currently getting
>>
>>6242576
>it saved me thousands of dollars.

Cool story bro.
>>
>>6241631
>>6241499
>>6241443

Is this some sort of bot? These are basically the exact same comment.
>>
>>6241921

Hey cool, when did they release Medic?
>>
>>6241921
>>6243870
>Full Set
>No Spy
>Somehow has medic

Something ain't right.
>>
>>6243868
how are they the same comment? one person is obviously out right displeased by the line, the second seems to be just relaying what he heard about them but admits he personally doesn't have any seems mostly neutral, and the third looks to be mostly pleased with the line.

Not seeing how these could be same fags, let alone bot.
>>
>>6243889

The first bit about sculpt and spy paint etc is basically all the same only with different wording. Even in the same order.
>>
>>6243887
>>6243870
And it's a friggin BLU Medic too. The hell? Was that some sort of prototype this guy got a hold of?
>>
File: 04.jpg (73 KB, 800x751)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>6241190
>>6241211
>NECA announces they have a license from Valve to work on TF2, Portal and Left 4 Dead
>Fans of L4D series speculate on forums and hold polls as to which characters and special infected are fan favorites
>NECA chooses to ignore this under Randy's mantra of "boring old people in regular clothes don't sell" instead starts the line of Left 4 Dead figures without the main characters and instead go with the LEAST popular special infected

Their entire Valve collab was a series of dropped balls
>>
File: BBHakumen.jpg (37 KB, 360x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>teased Hawkoomayun in an expo
>only released Noel out of the roster
>nothing else ever since

and my balls still weep
>>
>>6243913
You're a goddamn idiot. Those two are FAR more interesting than any of the other infected. Those two had to get made at some point, regardless, but you're so fucking butthurt about them not doing it your way, you'll whine and whine and whine. Guess what? Nobody what you thought was popular, you're wrong.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (26 KB, 443x332)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
I don't think the TF2 line is as awful as people make it sound
Even if I know it could be better and spy is the ugliest mistake of them all

But if I gotta pick a figure that I totally regret buying. It will be the 2 Portal Robots
This guy are flimsy and break and can't move

The only figure I totally regret getting
And I'm a Huge neca collector
>>
>>6243959
Randy please go, you've wasted enough money on this line bombing as is.
Just let you.
>>
>>6244251
Instead of fat guys shelve warming you would see a bunch of hunters

The game was irrelevant even when the figures came out
>>
>>6244252
I wish the fat guy shelf warmed.

He disappaered so fast, unlike that other zombie thing.
>>
>>6242577
The first turtles that came from that line were actually really damn good though. Great sculpts, solid white eyes like the original, fantastic articulation and a fuck ton of weapons on a plastic sprue. But every other figure from the line was absolute shit.
>>
>>6244227
When these were in retail most of them were broken inside the package.

I really can't make that shit up. I think most of them were sent back to NECA because of how poorly the figures were made.
>>
>>6243913
Tank is too big, witch is a girl, and hunter is just a meth addict in a hoody. Those two are pretty much the best choice. Shame about the stigma on humans getting the survivors ignored though.
>>
>>6244538
hey the mousser pack was nice, though those probably count as an accessory pack
>>
>>6244777
yeah, i bought 2 during a bogo. only other toys i liked in the series were the dream beavers. because they looked neat and there arent a lot of beaver action figures in the world
>>
>>6241190
I actually still want the Engi enve if it sucks, being my main class and all, to bad i can't find it anywhere now...
>>
why is neca still allowed to make figures?
>>
>>6245079
Why are you so bad at obvious bait?
>>
>>6245083
I was under the impression that /toy/ hated neca. They make the flimsiest pieces of shit. even that new "ultimate" line is at most as well articulated as a 6" hasbro figure, and they still fall apart.
>>
>>6245084
Uh-huh. Still pretty obvious with your shitty bait. You're not very good at this, are you?
>>
>>6245085
>someone said something I don't like
>uh-uh-uh.. it must be bait !
>>
>>6241190
It hasn't even come out yet, but the KS was managed pretty roughly.

A full year late than promised, also fuck up with regards to pins, and it seem like it has limited articulation for what it is
>>
File: DSC00678_1.jpg (1.15 MB, 2937x1655)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>6241190
Mythic Legions by the 4H

I wouldn't call them total shit, but just overrated and disappointing. The paint flaking on fleshtone in general really bugs me because I bought 2 barbarians and one character with the naked body buck.

What makes it worse though is that the sub-par customer service by the 4H with regards to these paint issues, and also lack of communication throughout during the whole KS.

Similar to NECA, this line also suffers from rabid hostile fanboys who will defend everything the 4H did
>>
>>6245099
Nice of you to be butthurt in this thread too.
>>
>>6241190
>no cloak
>no Tatooine poncho
Why do they do this?
>>
>>6245121
>>
>>6245117
Are you the same person as NECAnon?
>>
>>6245135
Sup Jin.
>>
>Any TF line after 2010, excluding Prime FE
>3A Halo
>That random 2013 JP line
>1000toys stuff (Synthetic Human and it's SDCC repaints are the only good things they've made)
>Hot Toys Tron
>Figuarts Pokemon after Blaziken
>>
>>6244227
>most already had broken pistons and/or were warped from sitting in the bubble
>perpetually squinted expression so they always look bored as shit in their one available pose
>loose as shit joints that can barely support their own weight; let alone the portal guns or the robots' top-heavy asses
>hands sculpted in a way that makes it hard as shit to fit in the gun so you either have to irreversibly wedge the hand in or have them hold loosely and drop it constantly

What killed me most was NECA couldn't even be assed to provide a fucking cheapo 5 cent plastic stand to help these shambling piles of hot garbage stand up.
>>
>>6245249

That's cute that you think things only cost a few cents to make. What a wonderful gumdrop paradise that must be for you.

To the rest of us, you're just sad, however.
>>
>NECAnon gets mad and triggered the thread

I don't understand the stockholm syndrome on NECA fanboys and MOTUC fanboys (for MOTUC not really prevalent on /toy/ but on other toy forums holy shit).

Do they really get cognitive dissonance trying to justify the amount of money they spent on plastic cracks? NECA had like what, 15 waves of Predator figures so far utilizing like what, 3-4 total body bucks and constant ultimate rereleases? It seems like these fans severely lack the cynicism and skepticism of jaded /toy/ collectors.

Compared to NECA and MOTUC, for example Hasbro get shat on constantly by Star Wars and Marvel Legends fans, DCC and Mattel get shat on constantly by DC fans, Max Faggotry online exclusive jewery and price gounging get called on constantly by Figma/Nendo fans, and Revoltech get shat on constantly by everybody, especially the older Yamaguchi sculpts with cut joints.
>>
>>6245313
Toys are my business and have been for years and I still don't understand the brand loyalty some people get.
>>
>>6245275
They actually are very cheap in bulk.

See, this is how to making works. Let's say most people can scrounge up $1000. They would be happy to buy like 10 figures at $100 each just to get it made. Keep in mind the absolute numbers are made up but the relativits is not.

Except no manufacturer will make 10 toys at $100 per unit. IF they will do it at all, the per unit price is $10000 which is insane. However, they will make 10000 units for $10000 at a price of $1 each. Great, except the buyer can't come up with $10000 nor do they have a plan for selling that many if they could.

I mean, it's really a shame. Manufacturers will pass up a million small jobs waiting for one big job that may not come. It's not that toys are expensive; they're not. Everybody involved from licensing to manufacture is just lazy as shit. And why not, when laying around doesn't enrich then enough, they just cry to or about government.
>>
>>6245409

A person that has no idea how toy making works, but thinks he does, everybody.
>>
>>6244227
These were bad enough when they were the only options. Now the Figmas are coming out though...there's literally no reason to buy these pieces of shit.
>>
>>6245413
A person who just blindy believes what corporate PR tells him, everybody.
>>
>>6245417
NECA toys just have that ugly muddy look to them that they share with MacFarlane, Jazwares, and SOTA. The butthurt over criticism of them just reeks of desperation.
>>
>>6245413
No, seriously, you poorfags are hilarious. Today, your narrative is apologizing for Hasbro so toys cost eleventy trillion to make. Tomorrow, your narrative will be how online shops are all scalpers because toys are so cheap to buy. And the day after that, the wind will change direction and a different flavor of vomit will flow from your noise hole. Everyone on this vietnamese puppet board is now dumber for having read it; I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>6245513

You would certainly know about being butthurt, judging by this post.
>>
>>6245099
>Similar to NECA, this line also suffers from rabid hostile fanboys who will defend everything the 4H did

God does it ever.
I went to the ML thread once because I heard the line had 1/12 knights and Goblins.
The thread was a circlejerk disaster.
You aren't allowed to criticize anything even if you have photographic evidence of your issue.
>>
>>6245632

There's criticizing and then there's bullshit like what you come up with where the 4H are suddenly the most evil people in the world, all because they didn't do things exactly like your righteous self deems proper.
>>
>>6245632
Nobody wants to hear your constant bitching. Why don't you accuse the 4H of being lazy some more. That's REAL conducive to a conversation.
>>
>>6245628
Yes, yes, it's so terribly inconvenient that I've purchased more toys this week than you have in your entire life.
>>
>>6245682
>Why don't you accuse the 4H of being lazy some more

Go ahead and buy some of the IN STOCK birds off storehorsemen website. See how long does it takes until they manage to ship in stock item from their warehouse to your place considering the amount of shipping backlogs that the 4H had. Name another online retail store that has this amount of lead time and incompetence.

You could literally buy a trinitrotoluene, the TNT, an explosive gunpowder used in bombs from Sigma Aldritch the chemical online store, pass the state government background check, and receive your TNT in the time it took the 4H to ship out instock item out of their warehouse to you
>>
>>6245712

So you're impatient and want to complain. That's all you had to say.
>>
>>6245671
>>6245682
I am not that guy.
I don't have an opinion on the actual toys since I don't actually own any of them.
>>
File: Bioshock_Jack.jpg (647 KB, 1067x1600)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
How come NECA never gave us a Jack Ryan in the Bioshock line?
>>
>>6241190
Eh, I like my Heavy well enough.
I'll nab a Medic when he finally comes out and probably forget the rest of this line ever happened (though I've heard good things about the Soldier).
>>
>>6246022
look at it
look
do you think that would sell? no. Its boring.
>>
>>6246336
To be fair he is.
It was luck to even get chuck
>>
>>6243913
>the LEAST popular special infected
Heh, y-yeah, imagine Boomer and Smoker being your favorites...
>>
>>6245712
Don't waste your breath. This board is full of idiots who choose SAL to save a few pennies. 4H dragging their feet a few weeks doesn't even faze them.
>>
NECA isn't finishing the TF2 line?
>>
>>6248018
Difference there is that people WILLINGLY choose SAL to save some money. They don't have that choice with 4H and at a $15 shipping rate for US buyers? That deserves some more speedy shipping then SAL
>>
>>6249718

I like how you've just shown you've never shipped anything in the last couple of months.
>>
File: DSC08062.jpg (140 KB, 1280x840)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>6249640
No word if BLU set will be finished.
>>
>>6249748
you would be right, not since just before Christmas. Have things changed a lot in that time? I apologize then.
>>
>>6250367
When do these come out?
>>
>>6249748
Stop deflecting, it's not about the delivery time. It's about the time it takes the 4H to get their lazy ass into the warehouse, grab the item, and create a shipping label for the items you paid for.
>>
I like how this thread turned into a shills defending their favorite cuckstarter thread
>>
File: DSC08062.jpg (190 KB, 1280x840)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>6250408
>>
>>6250488
>lazy

There's that word again. Maybe you should quit projecting onto them?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.