[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 63 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: autumn glory barbie.jpg (184 KB, 640x950)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
A thread for Barbie dolls, Disney dolls, and any dolls that aren't Monster High/Ever After High or BJD.

previous thread >>6458775
>>
New/upcoming Barbie camping dolls
>>
>>6513347
>camo with plaid
>those hypno pants
Barbie's looking pretty good, though.
>>
Are there any size comparisons of the new Azone Picco Neemo/Assault Lily bodies? Or any reviews? All I can find is for the previous version with shit articulation.
>>
New Star Wars set.

The Kylo Ren certainly looks, y'know. Interesting.
>>
>>6513626
Still not as ugly as Adam Driver, though.
>>
>>6513626
This just makes me wonder more about the movie instead of wanting the dolls. Is this like a "protag and villain 2 pack" or like, are they gonna turn allies?

Also I liked Rey's buns better than the new hairdo. That's not anything new to the dolls just a general observation
>>
>>6513347
>Camp Ken
Sounds about right
>>
>>6513626
>That lightsaber

That looks dangerous. Like a little kid made it
>>
>>6513347
I'm digging those pants on the right doll.
>>
>>6513101
Why does nobody ever mention Lamilly?
>>
>>6513680
She still has the three buns back there, doesn't she? Just with some more of it down now.
>>
>>6513753
Because she's unattractive and her fashion options suck. Also, I get a vibe that the dude who created her did so to satisfy his fetishes
>>
>>6513785
That weird interview about how he found Barbie an unapproachable type of woman for dating gave me the same feel

It's so fucking funny all the soccer moms who tried to tout it as feminist were rushing to buy some man's jerkoff fantasy whose personality is "average; plays soccer", and denounce Barbie who was created by a businesswoman, named after her daughter, is thin mostly so clothes layer properly, and has always had a variety of careers and personality
>>
>>6513850
Pretty sure there were a bunch of weird lingerie pictures on the official Lammily instagram too.
>>
New MtM Barbie has hit Australia.
>>
Possible dark skinned MtM doll. Could just be Mattel being a tease, though.
>>
>>6513922
Looks cute.
>>
Me and GF having a discussion which are superior Bratz or Barbies?
>>
>>6513753
>>6513862 in another thread explained it pretty well. Obviously that's your thread, but I'm sure other people have wondered the same question so this reply is for them.

On another note, I wish fashion dolls would be more fashionable. I'm tired of buying dolls just for their clothes. I like how a lot of Japanese/Korean doll brands are set up so you buy the doll and then there are a bajillion clothing options. You're not forced to buy a new doll every time you want a new outfit. Barbie fashion packs are alright, but they're not exactly fashionable and the quality leaves a lot to be desired. Whatever happened to the fashion in fashion dolls?
>>
>>6513967
Barbie. Bratz has been discontinued again.
>>
>>6513967
I've never cared for the Bratz line but it gave Mattel a much needed kick in the ass and, as a Barbie collector, I'm grateful for that.
>>
>>6513668
I can't understand why anybody cast him in any movie. He's such an ugly weasel. Even Christopher Walken and Willam Dafoe had their good years and good angles, this guy just has nothing.
>>
>>6514004
Same thing with Bandersnatch Cummerbund. Hideous is the new beautiful, I guess.
>>
>>6513600
The sad thing is the Fresh dolls were apparently in development hell for so long, they pre-dated Mattel's latest diversity push. They were trying to fill the hole SIS left after it died.

At least when Mattel sees an exploitable hole to plug, they can fill it ASAP as long as it involves a war of attrition with the other company. Like... However bad looking and poor selling the current crop of cheapo fat and diversity Fashionistas are, at least they guarantee that no other companies can swoop in and get any part of the doll market, because nobody new can go under $10 and still have a semi-decent product.
>>
>>6514038
Oh! I didn't even realize anyone else saw those dolls. I have a teeny tiny bit of insight on them.

>>6511990
Nope! I'm already seeing these pop up in Tuesday Morning. I haven't seen any in TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ross, but I haven't seen dolls in general in those stores lately. I guess they finally figured out that the demon children lingering in the toy sections of those stores were tearing those poor dolls out of the boxes and playing with them.

Sort of review of Fresh dolls since I've seen them in person but not actually bought one: The dolls themselves actually don't look bad. A lot of black dolls just get very um...negro...with the facial features. It's like a bad racial caricature sometimes. Fresh dolls don't do that. That's nice. It's not a doll I would see myself as an adult collector getting, though. It's good quality for a play doll, nothing past that though. Clothes were fashionable and that's what made them stand out to me in the sea of failed hopes and dreams (Tuesday Morning doll section). I think the dolls actually look a lot better in person than in those photos. I can go buy one if anyone REALLY wants a review. They're pretty cheap. I guess I could probably donate the doll to Goodwill after.

>but black dolls don't seem to sell well cause black little girls don't seem to like black dolls
Am black. Can give actual insight here. When I was a little girl, I never wanted a doll that looked like me. I wanted a doll that looked like BARBIE. Not Barbie's Mexican/Black/Asian friend. I always wanted the real Barbie, much to the dismay of my mother. I think little girls who want dolls that look like them go for things like American Doll.
>>
>>6513347
I thought I would hate these, but they're actually very cute.
>>
>>6513668
>>6514004
Am I the only one who thinks that he's not ugly? He's not hot, honestly, but he's not completely unfortunate. Benedict Cumberbatch constantly looks like he's smelling someone's farts.
>>
>>6514143
American Girl dolls are also like $150.
>>
>>6513925

FUCKING FINALLY BETTER I still have a 2015 fashionista I need to body
>>
I would really love to like Fresh Dolls..but uhg.

Their clothes, their articulation. Those..faces.
>>
File: IMG_6375.jpg (91 KB, 523x720)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Now if Fresh Dolls looked like this I'd be all over them.

Does anybody else have any other Korean or Japanese doll brands they'd like to share?
>>
>>6514143
exacto, always wanted the blonde Barbie even if I was not blonde.
I'm not a narcissist so I have never wanted a doll that looked like me.

But now as a doll collector, I apreciate to have various kind of dolls in all colors bacause blonde Californian Barbie can be boring after a while.

RIP Monster High ;_;
>>
>>6515371
Tell me everything about this doll. She's adorable.
>>
Is this year's "Designer" Moana the worst Disney Store LE doll to come out since they started making them?
>>
>>6516823
I honestly don't even know why they bothered. Her last two dolls are still shelfwarming.
>>
I wish Mattel would release some more spooky/Halloween/horror dolls that aren't the generic playline Halloween dolls now that the Haunted Beauty line is over.
>>
>>6513626
>It's happening !!!
>>
>>6518006
>>
>>6513347
>Marry Fuck Kill ?
I'm sorry, but I'm going to need better articulation or at least better clothing.
>>
File: Rapunzel.jpg (93 KB, 1080x1080)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Just a heads up for anyone who wanted a Eugene doll from the Rapunzel animated series without having to pay for that upcoming pricy winter Disney Store three dolls pack. You can get him and Rapunzel at JCPenney right now for $30. They have the same articulation as the Disney Store versions give or take a few pros and cons. For example Rapunzel's hair is a little thiner but you can move her head up and down which you really can't do with the D-store versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12wSppDvBn0
>>
>>6518031

Personally I thought his face looked a little creepy, and I bought the Disney store Rapunzel and Cassandra pack instead. Eugene's face is way to white/pale which is odd because the Disney Prince dolls are usually supposed to have slightly darker skin than the Princess dolls. Not the other way around.
>>
File: 1501725177215.jpg (347 KB, 1074x1570)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>6518035
Still if you already have Rapunzel, and Cassandra , and you just want Eugene paying $30 for him is way better than pay $80 - $90 for the upcoming Disney Store Deluxe set.
>>
>>6515371
>Now if Fresh Dolls looked like this I'd be all over them.
Cute! She reminds me of those early 2000s Homies toys
>>
>>6518031
He looks ill.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (327 KB, 609x1147)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>6517644
"You'll take this cheap supermarket / pharmacy budget Halloween Barbie doll, and like it!" ~ Mattel
>>
>>6518049
that cardboard broom set up in a little holder like it's an actual accessory is just depressing
>>
File: Bratz 69.jpg (143 KB, 900x900)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>6513922
Bratz did it better in every possible way.
>>
File: Bratz 18.jpg (50 KB, 640x571)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>6518135
Everytime I would ask a mom about Bratz while they were still in stores you could almost feel the anger rushing out of their mouths as they would talk about them. Their replies were almost always the same. "I'm glad those trampy dolls aren't selling. Nobody wants them."

So why did Bratz fail? I blame uptight feminist soccer moms!
>>
>>6516823
For the money they are asking for it yes. Plus shes only a hair better quality than the classic doll which sold for $10 on sale for about a full month at the Disney Store.

The $130 (plus tax) price point is for two doll Designer sets. Designer sets that only include one doll are $80 which is already a pretty high price point for what you get most of the time. I said it before, and I'll say it again Disney Store is trying to be slick this year with the Moana, and Cruella Designer sets. You get one mid quality 12" doll, surrounded by a bunch of cheap plastic Happy Meal looking toys, but they are still charging you $130 as if they were still giving you two dolls.

For $130 Moana should have come with her Grandmother.
>>
>>6518049
Looks shit but better than nothing I suppose. I'd still buy this over any G2 Monster High dolls.
>>
The Only set I'm getting for sure is the Ariel/Triton set, and that's only because I want Triton.
>>
>>6518173
The Rapunzel set looks nice, but I'm still on the fence about it. It really bugs me that they they got cheap, and didn't give Rapunzel her rooted eyelashes! I guess it will all come down to if I have money to burn that month or not. If things are tight I might just get the Ariel/Triton set.
>>
>>6518186

As for this Robbin Hood set I'm just not feeling it. Not enough to pay almost $140 (after tax) for it.
>>
>>6518194
>>
>>6518197
>>
>>6518199
>>
>>6518201
>>
>>6518173
That is one ugly Ariel. I wish they would've depicted the scene where Triton turned her human instead of this one. There would be no reason for her to be making that face.
>>
>>6518135

..*looks at the leg feet*

*looks back at post*

>>peg feet<<

Really anon, every. possible. way??

Really??

*remembers the one time they bought a Bratz doll and the hair was sewn into the clothes on purpose*
>>
>>6515782

They're called Dream Unicorn dolls, the artists name is on the original picture. Very expensive from what I've seen with limited quantities.
>>
>>6518135
Why doesn't she have a nose?
>>
File: Bratz 13.jpg (157 KB, 761x874)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>6518250
>>>peg feet
Peg feet is a Bratz thing, and it's super cool. You can swap out their feet, mix, and match styles...
I mean I know she doesn't have a MtM body, but the newer Bratz did have knee articulation.

Besides where these dolls really shine is where it really counts which is the clothing, and accessories. The old school Bratz had even more quality clothing.
>>
File: Bratz 16.jpg (518 KB, 830x1024)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>6518308
Heres an image of an early version of the same doll I posed. Only thing I kinda didn't like about the new version was the plastic boots. The older boots were furry, and she came with way more stuff.
>>
File: Bratz 70.jpg (62 KB, 900x900)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>6518254
Shes does it's just very small.
>>
File: 1417858236643a.jpg (102 KB, 1156x659)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>6518317
Besides small noses are cute. Having a small nose doesn't make a character any less attractive.
>>
File: Big Honker.jpg (83 KB, 635x328)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>6514728
>Am I the only one who thinks that he's not ugly?

I don't think it would be fair to say that the actor is ugly. He just has a strong roman nose. The nose they drew for the dolls box artwork on the other hand >>6513626 is cruel yet kinda hilarious at the same time.
>>
>>6518335
His mouth, ears, and nose look disproportionate to the rest of his face and his skin isn't the greatest. He can look pretty good in some photo shoots but who knows how much of that is photoshop.
>>
File: Unicorn.jpg (139 KB, 916x872)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
I've been admiring these new Project Mc2 dolls at Target for a few weeks now. Last time I went they were down to just three of them so I felt it was time to buy at least one. I was kinda leaning towards the Unicorn girl at first, but when I saw her in person she didn't have the horn attached to her head which made her seem less impressive than the photos posted of her online.
>>
>>6518361
That fairy is super pretty.
>>
File: 9CCA957E.zoom.jpg (1.7 MB, 2880x2845)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>6518361
I ended up buying this one. I compared her the the one with the unicorn horn for a while at the store, and it just seemed like I'd get more for my buck with this one. Her hair is super long, and she looks really fancy in person.
>>
>>6518363
Agreed. The fairy was sold out at my Target. They only had the princess, the unicorn, and the mermaid left to chose from.
>>
>>6518365
The color scheme reminds me of Darling Charming. Would you happen to know if MC2 clothes are compatible with EAH/MH?
>>
>>6518140
There's that. But also all the lines were on the "cute" side. We didn't get more interesting themes like Rock angels or Genie magic with tatoos and stuff, which was the appeal for most adult collectors.
Even the Princess line was more fierce than all the lines from the reboot.
Also the new episodes were literal garbage.
>>
>>6518308
yes.Old Bratz had fantastic clothes. Ans thank to those huge and heavy feet they could stand up by themselves.
I loved those dolls.
>>
>>6518140
Bratz didn't sell because even though their most recent revamp was incredibly good, people still hear the name "Bratz" and think "I don't want my daughter playing with those slutty dolls!!!!!!!"
>>
>>6518374
I want to say the MC2 dolls might have slightly thicker bodies? You might wanna try asking /mhg/
>>
>>6518207

Kinky.

>>6518201

Very kinky.
>>
>>6518820
The doll scene had also changed a lot between their initial debut and the revamp. Back then all Bratz really had to compete with was Barbie. Now they were up against the Monster High juggernaut and Barbie and eventually a slew of other lines.
>>
Anyone know if Tall barbie clothes happen to fit Model Muse bodies perchance? I feel like MM barbies are too wide in the bust and maybe hips but I don't have any tall barbies or their clothes to check.
>>
>>6518308

Or you can give them regular feet and have them switch shoes like every other fashion doll ever???

Besides if it's a girl with brown skin I can't put her peekaboo heels on anyone else. That's dumb as fuck mayne
>>
>>6518825

They do not. They could fit Barbie perhaps, but the dolls will swim in the clothing.
>>
>>6518049
i like how her lips are twisted, is spooky.
>>
>>6518173
christ. ariel is shaped like a fishstick
>>
>>6518920
Aren't Bratz and LOL Surprises owned by the same company? I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't much effort put into the relaunch of Bratz because it was all going into the launch of LOL Surprise, which by the way are incredibly popular and I have NEVER in my life seen an actual fight happen in a toy store until series 2 released. It was amazing. Horrifying, but amazing.
>>
>>6518922
They should, but not vice versa. The tall body seems proportionally similar to the regular Fashionistas body, but with a thicker waist. The tall bust and hips look about the same as the regular Fashionista. Then the MM bodies have tinier waists and hips than any play doll.
>>
I don't know if we can talk about them here but the tiny horse show human spin off is getting new dolls. The heads could be better but they look good.
>>
File: notapon.jpg (85 KB, 640x372)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>6521690

Well they gotta be better than the old dolls...
>Sees pic.
SWEET MARY & JOSEPH, WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS?
>>
>>6521830
There faces and heads look bad but the rest of the dolls look good.
>>
>>6521830
The clothes are cute. If they had knee and wrist articulation they'd be pretty decent.
>>
>>6521830
They're leagues better than what they used to be, so I'll take it. Hasbro got a ton of negative feedback from their original Equestria Girls dolls so comparing them to the originals, the new ones are better. Not perfect, but better.
>>
New Descendants doll.
>>
>>6522205
Oh cute, they're making Dizzy
>>
>>6521830
Wow, they tried to make them look like the DC girl dolls, only they turned out even worse, which I honestly did not think was even possible.
>>
>>6522223
I hope she's smaller in scale than the other dolls.
>>
File: 1463697644124.gif (867 KB, 500x276)
867 KB
867 KB GIF
>>6522205
>>6522223
>check out the descendants tumblr tag to see if any other dolls had been leaked or if anyone was talking about dizzy
>fanfic posts and some post about someone who wrote a letter to Disney because she was pissed that Descendants had forced hetero romances and her Jay/Carlos ship wasn't canon
>>
>>6523120
I generally like the dolls but everything else about Descendants and its fandom just gives me secondhand embarrassment.
>>
Does anyone else collect Tong/M&C dolls? I have found 2 at thrift stores so far. I wish they weren't such a pain in the butt to find due to them being released under 38793043 different labels since they're dolls made by a specific manufacturer and not a single license/brand.
>>
File: 1462759004955.jpg (30 KB, 600x460)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>6523120
crap, wrong picture

>>6523261
Yeah, same. Descendants is one of those things where looking into the tag just makes me regret I went there. The movies, dolls, and webisodes are cute (apparently the books are good too, I guess) but the fans are cringy.
>>
>>6523400
The Cruz novels range from pretty good to meh (first book pretty good, second book all right, third book meh) but I don't know about the other books. The first novel is what they should have adapted into a film but it wouldn't have sold as much merchandise since the Isle kids didn't interact with the Auradon kids at all, it was a prequel.
>>
>>6523120
There's literally nothing dedicated to Descendants dolls' news. Your best bet is some guy called descender on youtube, and his instragram.
>>
>>6521830
Why do they still have horse ears? They never had horse ears in the movies.
>>
>>6523554
When they play music and use their powers they get horse ears.
>>
>>6523400
Even the movies and webisodes are a little too cheesy for my tastes. Maybe it's all the musical numbers.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (690 KB, 1858x2137)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
>>6521830
They look human, and generic looking. They remind me of Disney Star Darlings Dolls or the Disney Attractionistas doll. Only that Star Darling dolls were 10% cuter than these new human horsy dolls.

>>6521991
These had a cuteness, and style to them that made them original. Sad I never got my hands on one at a good price. Maybe I'll bump into one at a thrift store some day.
>>
File: The Baby-Sitters Club.jpg (81 KB, 768x576)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>6523337
Congrats on your finds! They look nice, but what really makes these type of dolls special are their vintage looking clothing. They kinda remind me of The Baby-Sitters Club dolls. I'm sure that even if I did find one at a thrift store she would be naked or wearing a modern day outfit.
>>
File: br.jpg (417 KB, 1210x762)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>6519057
>if it's a girl with brown skin I can't put her peekaboo heels on anyone else
That's why they sold neutral color shoe packs. Kinda like this bed pack which came with slippers. You can't see the skin color if the feet are covered by socks. Again it's a Bratz thing, and for what it was I thought it was cool.
>>
>>6523683
I wish Star Darlings looked more like their cartoon counterparts. The faces just look weird to me.
>>
>>6523337
I like their face sculpts.
>>
Mera Barbie
>>
>>6525750
She's beautiful.
>>
File: star darlingsdrums.jpg (222 KB, 1500x1500)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
Star Darlings has new dolls.
>>
File: 81nV3QaIVtL._SL1500_.jpg (204 KB, 1500x1500)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>6525908
I like that they come with their instruments.
>>
File: 8194tDwBSiL._SL1500_.jpg (206 KB, 1500x1500)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>6525911
>>
File: 7948690002_CF0001.jpg (38 KB, 500x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>6525916
>>
File: 777948690001_CF0001.jpg (26 KB, 500x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>6525921
>>
File: TRUP7948450002_CF0001.jpg (29 KB, 500x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>6525927
What do you guys think about Star Darlings ? I don't see then talked about much here until now.
>>
>>6525931
I was interested in getting the purple one when they first launched but never got around to it and they have long since been discontinued so will never get one but I'm not really bothered, their faces are a little weird looking.
>>
>>6522205
Who the hell is she the daughter of?
>>
>>6526190
Drizella, I believe.
>>
New Elena of Avalor singing doll set.
>>
>>6513347
that black chick actually has Duck Face.
are you people ok with this lmao?
>>
>>6514728
hes ugly as fuck
May be not ugly-ugly but certainly very weird looking with that odd looking face.
I noticed that millenial girls like this kind of guys for some reason. Same with Benedict. What an odd face he has and he considered sexy.

Not even kidding-when this movie came out i spent some time going through google images of Kylo's actor because his odd-uglyness was so weird and fascinating.

I guess this why girls find him sexy may be...like its something unique?
wtf with his face. hes not a freak but his face still seems so off. like somebody made a bad beginner drawing.
>>
>>6526340
He looks like a younger DJ Bobo.
>>
File: adam driver.gif (1.87 MB, 530x298)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB GIF
>>6526340
>I guess this why girls find him sexy may be...like its something unique
Yeah, that's probably it. Plus he's a big buff guy and extremely charismatic. Not beautiful in classic sense but definitely very sexy
Irony is that JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy somehow missed it completely and tried to make him look like a prince lmao. I bet if they went with more mature/wild look and showed him topless they'd get at least 10 more percent of female audience.

Also his hasbro doll is just awful, what were they even thinking about? No girl would want to buy this.
>>
So is Mc2 slowly taking over the doll market? They're always gone where I live. I'm debating about getting one myself. How are they?
>>
>>6525931
They're honestly very cute and the concept is as well but since they never got popular, Disney discontinued the line.
>>
File: 1463526042982.jpg (109 KB, 1024x569)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>6526340
>>6526388
Honestly, he probably is a butterface to most. I don't think he's dumpster fire hideous but he's not my panties fell off on their own hot, which a lot of girls these days seem to think about him and Cumberbatch.
>>
>>6527128
They have rooted eyelashes on their deluxe dolls, not sure about the more basic ones. Good quality clothes, cute faces.
>>
>>6527187
Those girls are objectively wrong.
>>
File: Sin título-1.png (693 KB, 640x605)
693 KB
693 KB PNG
>>6525931
They were cute, but there were too many characters and they didn't stand out much.
Like with Monster High, each character was super distinct and you could tell what they were off the bat.
But with Star Darlings, they all looked almost the same besides their physical appearance and theme color. I didn't even know they were supposed to be based off the western zodiac until I stumbled onto the wiki. I think they could have been a little better if they had incorporated more of the signs onto their dolls.
>>
>>6523683
are the dols of down the pic a current product? it's still on sale? I never saw them in my country
>>
>>6527267
They are Disney's Attractionista dolls. Dolls based on Disney rides. They are exclusive to Disneyland and Walt Disney World so you have to go to the parks to get them.
>>
File: 1488317001832.jpg (214 KB, 767x1024)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>6527428
oh... great...
>>
>>6527428
They're available at the online site sometimes.
>>
File: 20170911_035110.jpg (475 KB, 1132x2016)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
Found this bratzillas recently. did i do good?
>>
>>6527264
It probably didn't help that Disney focuses on the main five more than the rest of the girls.
>>
>>6519446

Ooo, details.

Yea LOL dolls are basically just Bratz Baby's but less skanky
>>
>>6527498

Dear god no.

Just throw it away, I hope you didn't pay money for that.

What the fuck are those eyebrows
>>
>>6513626
That's what this doll reminds me of, Bea Arthur with a black dye job.
>>
>>6525750
I want her so badly. Are these Justice League barbies going to be out this fall/winter for the movie release?
>>
>>6527498
I had a few of these. I liked their eyes, but their hair and clothes left much to be desired. As long as you like her, anon, you did well.
>>
File: Holy shit.jpg (106 KB, 1024x760)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
What are your thoughts on customized dolls? I feel real jealous of how this looks, compared to the Elsa I got.
>>
>>6526290
>Elena
It might just be me, but Elena skin looks ultra dark there.
>>
>>6525750
Not sure if this doll is supposed to look sexy?
I'm also not sure I should add an Amber head doll to my collection. I wouldn't wanna piss off my Mad Hatter Johnny Depp doll. Than again I could place them together on the same shelf, and watch the sparks fly.
>>
>>6523846
Agreed. I wanna love them so bad, but there's something off putting about theme. I always thought it might be do to their shiny faces which makes their skin look cheap, and greasy.
>>
>>6525908
>>6525921
I like these two the most.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (60 KB, 317x396)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>6525931
>>6527264
If the dolls looked anything like their concept art I'd get these four for sure.
>>
File: Attractionistas.jpg (119 KB, 1024x1193)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>6527437
Don't give up hope. I see them on the Disney Store website almost every time I visit the site. You could also try ebay.
>>
>>6527498
She looks like a nice find to me. I almost never find Bratz dolls at my local thrift store. In fact to this day I've only found one.
>>
File: Baby Spice.jpg (464 KB, 2228x1500)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
>>6528503
>Ooo, details.
> less skanky
STOP HATTING ON BRATZ (You) !

I think that the new Bratz were way cutter, and came with way more stuff than ANY Barbie dolls found in stores right now. Even the new Hasbo Disney Princess line sucks compared to what you would get when you bought a Bratz doll.
>>
>>6528604
I want an Angela Lansbury doll now.
>>
>>6518194
I'm just so heartbroken by the Robinhood set. There could have been a way to integrate those neck seam lines into the fur texture, but no, they just sliced the molds in half and called it a day. The outfits were cheaper than previous years, sure, but that I could handle if only the dolls themselves had been well made. Pull yourself together, Disney, or find some better designers.
>>
>>6529476
I think some of them are really cute, and well done, and I do wish I could own one or two of them in my collection.
>>
>>6530343
Elenn's skin tone should be more like Princess Jasmines, or Pocahontas's skin color. Instead it's almost as dark as the black frog Princess dolls skin color.
>>
File: IMG_2727.jpg (75 KB, 650x325)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>6530362
Fake
>>
>>6530362
Get an Elon Musk doll to defend her honor.
>>
>>6530343
It's the picture. I've seen the set in store and she's the same color as all the other Elena dolls.

Speaking of Elena, rumor is that she's getting a fancy LE doll.
>>
File: 1449930114651.gif (401 KB, 245x244)
401 KB
401 KB GIF
>>6529476
I recently got that Elsa and was so happy, and then I saw that custom (or a similar one) and it did make me a bit sad.
>>
>>6530425

>>"way cutter"

Yet here you are showing a horribly tacky early 2000's outfit.

You're probably one of those basic bitches who keep their fashion dolls in their stock outfits.

Gross.

I don't give a fuck if it comes with ten times the amount of accessories if they're all tacky and disgusting.

The Bratz girls have always been tacky and look like they shop at JCPenny, while Barbie shops at high end Boutiques.

Bratz. Are. Tacky.

Get over it. You're almost as bad as that Brooks guy on Facebook that constantly disses Mattel products because they beat off to MGA.

Peg feet were stupid, hair sewn into clothes is even dumber.

The very few Bratz I have bought(for insane discounts mind you) all have very cheap feeling/looking clothing. Like an outfit you'd find at Jc Penny, KMart, Walmart or places like the now dead DEB & Fashion Bug.

If you're gonn support Bratz, mighty as well embrace the fact that they're those girls that try way too hard to be fashionable but just come off looking like they tried too hard to be cute. Which, if you had any fashion knowledge you would know that's a big no.
>>
>>6530444
>>6529476

Will people please stop supporting this shit so they will stop making it?
So tired of this franchise.
>>
>>6530753
>while Barbie shops at high end Boutiques
NAYRT, but have you seen Barbie lately? I liked the Barbie Look dolls, but those are all aimed at adult collectors. Bratz are for kids. That's why they dress like, well, kids. Playline Barbie fashion is just as horrible but in a different way.

Is it so hard for companies to make fashion dolls that look like they didn't either waltz out of Wet Seal or Limited Too (may those pillars of my tween years rest in peace)?
>>
File: Slave2Fashion.png (363 KB, 640x480)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>6530753
>The Bratz girls have always been tacky and look like they shop at JCPenny, while Barbie shops at high end Boutiques.

>Like an outfit you'd find at Jc Penny, KMart, Walmart

They're playing your song, anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6kf0vwFj5U
>>
>>6530757
Tough tits. There's a new short coming out this Christmas and a sequel next year. Let it go.
>>
File: 1399751139124.jpg (30 KB, 374x411)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>6530757
Waaah
>>
>>6530757
You'd best start getting over it because there's no way Disney is letting go of this cash cow.
>>
>>6531551

GOTTA HAVE THEM......wait....what??.. Why do Elsa's hips look so wide?

Did they create a new thiiick body type for Elsa? Shes not fat in the Holiday trailer. Why would they do this? I hope it's just a bad photo.
I'll probably be getting them anyways, which is weird because I'm not a fan of the movie itself, but for some reason I'm slightly obsessed with the movies merch. I just hope they price them at $30 like they are currently pricing Frozen two doll set, and not $35. The Anna, Kristoff, and Trolls Set is $30, and it includes troll figures. Anything over $30 for two none singing dolls would just be them being greedy.
>>
>>6530435
that armor looks like is trying to hide a boner.
>>
>>6531572
Like Disney would shell out money for a new body. It's the way the fabric of the cape is draped around her.
>>
File: Ooka s-l1600.jpg (261 KB, 1181x1527)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>6530757
No. I thought the films story was boring, and bland. I hated that they made the price a Villain. I also kinda wish that John Lasider would have kept Elsa as the Villain who turns good at the end. I don't get why people enjoy the song "Let it Go" so much.. To me it sounds like a generic song straight out of a direct to video Disney sequel.
Even with all these major issues I have with the film I still want more though.
>>
File: Ooka s-l1600b.jpg (415 KB, 1181x1482)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>6531602
My favorite part has to be the merch. I remember falling in love with all of the Disney Store Frozen dolls in 2013 before the movie came out, but didn't buy them do to them being at a higher price point than the rest of the classic dolls which was a big mistake as I spent moths trying to get them in 2014.
>>
File: Anna and Elsa.jpg (1021 KB, 1865x2783)
1021 KB
1021 KB JPG
>>6531604
I would go to the Disney Store early in the morning on truck delivery days in hopes of getting them, and I wasn't the only one doing this at my local store. I actually payed $45 at the Disney Store for this Anna, and Elsa set.
>>
>>6531604
That is some pretty impressive work on the cape.
>>
>>6531551
I'm not sure if shes any better than the Hasbro version. At least the Hasbro version sings.
>>
>>6531611
I know. They did some beautiful on this doll..
>>
File: Ooka s-l1600f.jpg (194 KB, 1181x1084)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>6531618
They did'n't even forget about the shoes.
>>
>>6531613
I like the proportions better on the Disney doll. Do the Hasbro versions have articulation?
>>
File: faces.png (360 KB, 895x459)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>6531551
New face molds? That's weird, I personally think they nailed the face molds first time around. I'm glad they're still using the originals for the classic dolls.
>>
>>6531808
>New face molds?
Yes, and they look pretty crappy. Not Designer Ariel crappy, but still crappy. Why do companies feel the need to change up face molds every few years? Do they believe it will help sale that much? Do they have to renew the licence to continue using the old molds so they go with a new cheaper option? Why do they do this?

>I personally think they nailed the face molds first time around.

I completely agree. The Disney Store Frozen face molds couldn't be beat.

>I'm glad they're still using the originals for the classic dolls.

For now at least.
>>
>>6525908
it still makes me mad that this one's doll has long hair when her cartoon counterpart has short. there's no good reason for it. super irritating.
>>
File: HSB6908lg.jpg (59 KB, 500x500)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>6531652
Some of the Disney Hasbro dolls have wrist, elbow, and knee articulation, but I'm not sure if the new Holiday Frozen dolls will have it or not. Some Hasbro dolls like this Cinderella doll I'm posting will have wrist, and elbow articulation, but when you buy it, and lift up the skirt you'll find that they have no knee articulation.
>>
File: 9950.jpg (290 KB, 1205x987)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>6531600
>Like Disney would shell out money for a new body.
True, but don't forget that they did give all the classic Princess dolls flat feet this year instead of just giving them high heels as people have been requesting for years. So they are making small (and annoying) changes to their dolls.
>>
>>6532034
Dolls with short hair don't sell.
>>
File: LEnuket2.jpg (48 KB, 550x550)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>6532028
>still no playline Elsa in her purple dress
Bugs the ever loving shit out of me that ice skating Anna got released with another snow queen Elsa.
>>
>>6532034
They did that with Courtly Jester from EAH as well. Doll's art and animation shows her with short pixie-ish hair, doll comes with long hair. It's irritating to have to mod a doll to make it look like how it should look.
>>
>>6530425
The clothes were cute, but their heads were atrocious.
>>
>>6532049
And they have legs made out of that weird cheap plastic. Regular arms... weird ass Dollar Store like legs.
>>
>>6531551

Here's a higher res look at them
>>
>>6532478
>>
>>6531613
>I'm not sure if shes any better than the Hasbro version. At least the Hasbro version sings.
Jesus christ the Hasbro's dress looks like a fucking snuggie with fur slapped on the collar.
>>
File: 615TokhTpfL._SX355_.jpg (43 KB, 355x351)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>6532545
>looks like a fucking snuggie with fur slapped on the collar.

Thanks. Now I can't unsee.
>>
>>6532478
These boxes are so cheap looking, it's insane. Even the Gothic Beaty Angelz sort of shit on TaoBao manage nicer looking boxes.
>>
File: WWEbeckydoll1.jpg (1.16 MB, 971x1826)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
Alright teen gang, I did a solid for you all and bought one of the new WWE Superstars dolls for a review. Hopefully, it’ll be informative for you to make a decision on whether you want to spend your hard earned money on them.
I picked this doll up at Toys R’ Us, where the dolls are starting to pop up ahead of other retail outlets. The basic line is $14.99 while the deluxe line with an extra outfit is $20. Not a bad price, especially when you compare them to those awful overpriced Star Wars dolls.
I’m not a WWE fan, so when choosing a doll it was for looks alone. Charlotte Flair looked too “Barbie-ish” with her blond hair, so it was a choice between the two gingers, Becky Lynch and Eva Marie. It was a hard decision, but choose Becky because I liked her outfit more. That, and all the Eva dolls in the store had a flaw in their face-ups.
>>
File: WWEbeckydoll2.jpg (1.4 MB, 1126x1953)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>6532891

So here we have Becky in all her dolly glory. She comes with her boots, halter-top, pants, and nothing else. No brush, stand, or other accessories. I’m rather disappointed that Becky didn’t come with her signature steampunk goggles. You see her wearing them in all her promo pics, even on the doll packaging.
The outfit is made of an artificial silky material. The top is fine with some flaws in the stitching. However, the pants are troublesome. They’re VERY tight and I had a hard time getting them up her hips when redressing Becky. They’re also a bit too short as the pants cuffs ride too high over her boots.
Speaking of boots, the right boot has a giant plastic blob on the bottom of the heel. I had to take a razor blade to the heel to cut off the blob if I wanted Becky to stand up straight in her shoes.
All together, the lack of QC in the outfit is one of the biggest flaws this doll has. A flaw which could have been avoided.
>>
File: WWEbeckydoll3.jpg (1.1 MB, 1523x1299)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>6532893

The face sculpt is “prettyfied” from RL Becky’s actual face. I’m not complaining, as the regular WWE Diva figures have some ugly head sculpts thanks to the too-real head scanning technology Mattel has. Also, Becky looks pretty skanky just by looking at the picture on the box. Becky’s skin has a yellowish tinge to it. Something I’ve not seen in any fashion doll that I can recall, even for asian dolls. Hair is nice & silky smooth.
Man, I can’t get over that picture of Becky on the box makes her looks like some trailer trash skank. I love it!
>>
File: WWEbeckydoll4.jpg (1.21 MB, 1228x1604)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>6532894

And here’s what you’ve been waiting for. Naked doll pics!
Becky and the rest of the Diva dolls have the new muscular buck body that was introduced in the Wonder Woman movie line earlier this year. Well, it’s more of a muscular body 1.5 version. Compared to the Wondy dolls, Becky sports additional wrist articulation points, but sadly open palmed hands. Her torso is also sculpted slightly different with better defined abs, slightly narrower butt, and a different panty pattern on the crotch.
The body has 11 points of articulation in the typical layout that we’ve seen in the old Fashionista dolls & G1 Monster High bodies. Joints are fairly stiff. Hands don’t pop out of the wrist sockets like MH or EAH dolls do.
>>
File: WWEbeckydoll5.jpg (1.13 MB, 1432x1319)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>6532897

Here’s a comparison pic of naked Becky with a Monster High Clawdeen, a movie Wonder Woman doll, and a Made-To-Move Barbie. As you can see, Becky is a bigger girl than Clawdeen & Babs. She may be able to fit in some Babs outfits, especially those designed for curvy or tall Fashionista dolls. But forget shoes as Becky big honkin’ feet are way to big for either Babs or MH shoes. The only real difference between Becky & Wondy, besides the wrists, is that Becky has a slightly smaller head than Wondy.
>>
File: WWEbeckydoll6.jpg (1.66 MB, 1427x1903)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>6532901

So the only option for new clothes is to switch with Wonder Woman. Not surprisingly, they each can wear their opposites clothing great! Even the shoes! Unfortunately, Becky’s open hands means she can’t hold Wondy’s sword. So no warrior princess customs for you!
>>
File: WWEbeckydoll7.jpg (1.51 MB, 1427x1888)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>6532901

And that’s that. There’s nothing really surprising about this doll line that hasn’t been already speculated about. The only major flaw is the cheap QC lacking outfit, which is irksome because there’s no kind of alternative outfit the doll can easily wear outside of the Diva and WW line. But the rest of the doll is nice for the price range. I would have liked to have seen more points of articulation, such as a shoulder & thigh swivel. That would have made these dolls a “Must Have” instead of a “Recommended.” But that would have probably jacked the MSRP for the dolls by $5, which would be too much for most consumers.
As an aside, I really don’t know who the target audience is for these dolls. I found them hanging out in the boy’s section along with the regular WWE action figures. I don’t think most boys would want a girly doll, wrestler or not. And I don’t think most girls would be that into wrestling to want a doll of their favorite Diva. Adult collectors do love their female figs, but are manly WWE fans ready to take the dreaded pink aisle plunge for their favorite Diva? Being neither fish nor fowl, I don’t see this line lasting past a second wave.
>>
File: WWEbeckydoll8.jpg (1.58 MB, 1268x1856)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>6532905

Oh, and one last thing. While picking up Becky from TRU, I lucked out in finding Usagi Yojimbo as well! He’s a super hard TMNT figure to find as of late because he’s shortpacked one to a case. Scalpers are asking $40 on the secondary market for this samurai rabbit. But hey, I got lucky just randomly browsing through a major metropolitan TRU store not even looking for him. If I can do it, so can you. So keep on looking for that grail of a figure and don’t give into scalpers!
>>
>>6532901
Thanks for the review.

I feel like this doll would be pretty neat for customs, if you want a busty muscley amazon type and are willing to make your own clothes and shoes.

Does the clothing restrict her leg movement? Also, can she stand on her own with those big feet, because I would hazard a guess that that might be a reason they felt justified in going the stand-less route.
>>
>>6532926
Thanks for the feedback!

>Does the clothing restrict her leg movement?
Yeah, her pants are REALLY tight. She can't raise her legs in a kick without the top of her pants sliding down past her hips. And just for get side splits.

>can she stand on her own with those big feet
No, she's got the standard arched heel feet like most fashion dolls do. With her boots on, Becky can stand somewhat on her own. Again, with the pants restricting her hip & leg movement, It's tough to get her in a pose where she stand on her own.
>>
>>6532058
Can anyone confirm which classic dolls have flat feet this year, and which still have high heel feet?
>>
so you all are girls... right?
>>
File: 1467948402588.png (99 KB, 198x301)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>6533024
Everyone on the internet is a cute little girl, anon
>>
>>6532905
I want several of these, but I'm also going to save my receipts so I can cherry pick good ones now, then either get the prices adjusted in December, or do a double buy and return the $10/ea Dec. dolls with the $20/ea Sept. receipt. If the clothes were better, I would let the price slide.
>>
>>6513681
>>
File: Flat Stumpy feet.jpg (260 KB, 1259x958)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>6533020
From what I understand all of them should have flat stumpy feet this year. The doll in the yellow dress in the image you quoted was a 2016 doll next to this years Wedding Ariel.
>>
Sorry if this screencap of some Star Wars rumors is a bit OT, but I thought some of you Disney doll collectors would find it interesting. It explains alot behind the reasoning for those baffling SW dolls and some "new" avenues for Disney Princess marketing.

And also... >DISNEY'S VERSION OF MINIONS.
You have been warned.
>>
>>6534193
>Disney, you can guess who, really want to push strong woman into Star Wars.
I thought they already did that though. The first two films Disney has put out has female leads in BOTH films.

>they've redoubled these efforts after Trump's election.
So what does that even mean? Are they going to create a large walking talking human sized Vagina lead character surrounded by an all female cast which include Emma Watson?

Thanks for the post, anon. I am sufficiently depressed now, and I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan. I didn't grow up with the films as a child because my father thought the movies were mindless trash, and he never introduced me to them. Saw them as a teen for the first time and was majorly let down. I expected the story, and characters to be bigger than life, and I almost fell asleep while watching them.

Honestly when it comes to dolls unless they release a Slave Leia doll I don't care what they release because I probably wont buy any of it.
>>
File: img_8958-1.jpg (304 KB, 1239x1239)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>6513626
Honestly who the hell would buy this two pack anyways? Who is it meant for? Adult collectors? Little boys? Little girls? Teen collectors? Who is this for? I spotted this Leia doll in the girls doll section for about $35 at Walmart so I guess they think girls are going to want this for Christmas.
>>
>>6534193
If they want girl dollars they sure as hell are going about it ass backwards. Honestly, I almost feel like Disney/Hasbro is making the Star Wars dolls awful on purpose. Like when this line inevitably fails the executives can shrug off the people who wanted Rey merchandise because girls obviously don't like action/sci-fi stuff so please go back to buying the latest princess they just shat out.

>>6534258
Why is Hasbro so bad at dolls? This line should be printing money but the price to quality gap is big I feel insulted.
>>
>>6525908
>>6525911
These look like the exact same dolls as the first run but now with accessories. They shelf warmed super hard and got clearanced for $5 locally, I assumed the line was dead.
>>
>>6534193
I'm a woman and an all female movie is not what I wanted.
Who is going to want to watch that (apart form lesbians and they would have to cast cute actresses).
What I want is a movie with cute MALE actors and a bit of heterosexual romance on the side.

I'm betting it's going to fail just like that ghostbuster reboot.
But well, they are going to get those progressive points. But what is the finality of this ?
>>
>>6534193
>Integrating Leia to the Disney Princess line
Do they mean like they did with Punzie and Merida?
>>
>>6534193
Ay caramba. True or not, I hope the upcoming 3rd merchandising bomb will force them to reevaluate EVERYTHING. They don't even understand the existing women and girl fans, they're going to alienate everybody while trying to please the failhipsters at buzzfeed and huffpo, who don't pay for movies or toys.
>>
>>6532891
Thank you for the review. Your photos were great and answered my questions.
>>
>>6534258

This is really, really sad.

It's like they really are trying to make it purposefully tank so that they can say "Well girls just don't want etc etc"

Uh NO you Allan re just so out of touch when it comes to what consumers want. Who are these people even!?
>>
>>6535570
exactly. Why do they always listen to fringe professionnal whiners instead of the poeple who actually buy their products ?
>>
File: mqdefault5.jpg (12 KB, 320x180)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>6534258
The worst part is it's Disney, the animation shouldn't be some ugly ass mess that looks like the already ugly Clone Wars cartoon collided with the worst Monster High faces. This is almost Mystyxx Vampires tier. The thumbnails look a Randy Stair level of animation. I can't figure out if the toy design came first and they liked it enough to design the cartoon second (why zeus why)
or if the absolutely awful cartoon designs came first and then the dolls' sad design was tethered to them. I can understand them wanting the line to look cohesive, but fuck it. If everything looks like shit and none of them sell, then the whole line was crippled.
>>
>>6532891
>>6532893
>>6532894
>>6532897
>>6532901
>>6532903
>>6532905
>>6532906
I will definitely pick up Becky when I see her, but I mainly want to know about your camera and lighting setup for getting your pictures.
>>
>>6532478
>>6532479

Looks like Hasbro will be offering a Frozen Holiday special 3 doll set which includes a pretty good looking Olaf. In fact I wish I could just buy the Hasbro Olaf by himself to go with the Disney Store two doll set.
>>
>>6538042
If you don't mind being trashy you could always buy the Hasbro set, remove/replace Olaf, and return the set to the store.
>>
File: 1393933317197s.gif (2.77 MB, 640x284)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB GIF
>>6538048
>If you don't mind being trashy

Nope, it would kinda be overkill to worry about being trashy in 2017. I have a really cute new Olaf toy about his size that I found at a thrift store which has been hanging around my room for months, but the one in the Hasbro set looks even cuter, and I feel like I must have him.
>>
>>6538042
Found a Higher res image of the set.
>>
File: 1.jpg (89 KB, 605x913)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>6538172
Elsa out of box
>>
File: 6.jpg (140 KB, 1712x952)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>6538176
>>
File: 2.jpg (69 KB, 606x917)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>6538178
Anna out of box
>>
File: 9.jpg (108 KB, 1368x906)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>6538179
>>
File: 5.jpg (39 KB, 606x911)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>6538180
Olaf out of box.
He has a small hole under his nose for some reason.
>>
File: 3.jpg (69 KB, 604x911)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>6538183
Kristoff out of box
>>
File: 8.jpg (124 KB, 1366x909)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>6538184
>>
>>6536721
>the animation shouldn't be some ugly ass mess that looks like the already ugly Clone Wars cartoon collided with the worst Monster High faces.
This so much.
>>
>>6532903
That outfit looks really good on Wonder Woman.
>>
File: lightbox.jpg (36 KB, 500x333)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>6537043
>I mainly want to know about your camera
It's an Olympus potato camera from 2008. Really sucks up the juice, so I resorted to using rechargeable batteries just for it.

>lighting setup
Just a sheet draped over two pieces of cardboard on top of a bed in my guest bedroom. A window with southern exposure helps with the lighting. I normally use a homemade lightbox like the one in the pic for smaller figures, but with 12" dolls, you need more room.
>>
File: cheetahdcshgdoll1.png (337 KB, 518x960)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
Cheetah's doll should be coming out soon.
>>
File: cheetahdcshgdoll2.jpg (81 KB, 960x960)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>6539059
>>
File: cheetahdcshgdoll3.png (328 KB, 534x960)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>6539059
>>6539062
Her doll looks nice.
>>
>>6534282
>the price to quality gap is big I feel insulted.

Most collectors, and even children feel the same way which is exactly why the line is starting to shelf warm. First shipment sells ok do to scalpers, and hardcore SW fans. After that the dolls will most likely rot on the shelves. I went to both Target, and Walmart this week, and the dolls are just sitting there untouched.
>>
Awww yeah
>>
>>6542167
finally!
too late, I want a petite thicc asian barbie now.
>>
>>6539351
It makes me sad that stores got in more of each doll than they did Black Series figures. Now the BS figures are almost gone, and they still have more than a dozen of each unfortunate doll. I wanted my Black Series.
>>
File: dolphinmagic.png (1.02 MB, 2030x1629)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
I wanna know how in the hell Tesco decided that adding 2 dolls to a playset allows the price to increase by £80. No wonder it's on sale now.
>>
>>6542781
I'd rather have the puppies than that ugly dolphin.
>>
>>6542781
I can't believe Barbie kidnapped a baby dolphin and painted all over it.
>>
>>6542872
I can.
>>
>>6542914
>>6542872
I had the Ocean Friends barbie set as a kid. Totally forgot what the barbie even looked like but the whale was my favorite bath toy for ages. Kids'll love this shit, I can pretty much guarantee it.
>>
>>6542167
If I could get a MTM body for my Daisy Pop fashionista I would be soooo happy. I refuse to rebody her on a standard barbie.
>>
>>6543156
Same. I'm going to need a match for Sweetheart Stripes too.
>>
File: 1495275443797.jpg (36 KB, 531x483)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>6542914
kek
>>
My aunt designs and crochets barbie clothes.

I'm looking for some ideas off the beaten path of what she might make.
>>
New MtM Barbies
>>
>>6543542
>>
>>6543542
>tfw no Tanya Harding figure skating Barbie

whyyyyyyyyyy

whyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>6543676

Girl calm down. She isn’t even an ice skating Barbie.
>>
>>6543676
That was a wild time.
>>
>>6543527
Personally, I really like crazy fantastic costumes and stuff like that. Things you don't normally see every day. I've been looking into a lot of knit and crochet patterns because I have some barbies in need of clothes and it's mostly a looooot of plain dresses. Sewing patterns are a tiny bit more varied but I need more practice at that.
>>
>>6543542
A hard as stone jelled bun? Cheap off brand looking dress. I guess people could still use her for her body, and dump the head. Those shoes better be removable!
>>
>>6543546
A big ass 90s boom box, and a throwback to the 90s outfit? I've never liked the whole red blood hair on dolls. In fact I think Ariel, and the Brave princess are the only dolls that can get away with it.
>>
>>6542167
Wheres the petite body type ?
>>
Found this Rubber body barbie at a thrift store twice. Passed on her the first time because the hair was wrecked. Found a second one this week without the outfit, but the hair was great, and she was only $1 so I got her.
>>
>>6544069
When it comes to poseability I don't think I'll get much use out of her Gumby body , but that's not the reason I bought it. I got it because her rubber body kinda feels realistic when you press down on things like her belly which is a trip. It's a weird doll, and I'm not sure there has ever been a Barbie like her before or after her release. Glad I could add her to my collection.
>>
>>6539059
>>6539062
>>6539068
That's a pretty cute monkey girl doll. I like her full Ariel looking hair. Like her outfit. I even like her resting bitch face. Wonder if the monkey tail is removable.
>>
>>6544135
She's a cheetah not a monkey. Her tail looks it's on a belt.
>>
>>6544071
show the back
>>
>>6544143

To an uncultured doll swine such as yourself it does. It’s blatantly attached to the doll. Probably with a beg. The tail itself is probably removable from the doll.

It’s too fucking heavy to be attached to the belt.

You disgust me.
>>
>>6544071
The materials he's made of is called ever-flex (by mattel, I guess they trademarked it) and while I think dance n flex babs was the only one with an entire body of it, there was a body type with the ever flex WAIST, that has a special joint which allows more posability while still allowing them to wear crop tops and show off the new (at the time) bellybutton body mold. Examples are Jam and Glam barbie and Jewel Girl barbie, both of which i had as a kid. The belly being squishy is definitely a novelty and the reason my jewel girl barbie will probably never have a different body.
>>
How many people would have supported the Enchantimals line if they had better articulation and non-molded tops??

Cause I sure as well would have, but those molded on tops and lack of articulation in their arms gross me out.

This playset is so cute though
>>
File: 160615003_8.jpg (30 KB, 490x490)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>6544643
It's a cute enough concept but the laziness really puts me off Enchantimals. Like, they couldn't even be arsed to flock the side of her head? And why does she have two sets of ears? Are they cosplaying?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (78 KB, 1342x969)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>6544143
>cheetah
I'm not buying it. If shes really a cheetah where are her kitten ears?
>>
>>6544164

Before you ask yes her butt is also squishy to the touch. Also the one I have has an even skin tone from head to toe, and doesn't have a discolored midsection .
>>
>>6544608
>ever-flex
>there was a body type with the ever flex WAIST

I spotted the one with the flex waist at my thrift store. Her waist could move all over the place. It was really cool, and I should have gotten her. If she hasn't been sold I'll pick her up next time I'm there. It's amazing how these dolls are about 16 years old, and the ever-flex rubber still holds up. At least the ones I found have no cracks, marks, or rips on the skin. Thanks for all the info on the doll.
>>
File: 71tZM-oUKAL._SL1280_.jpg (204 KB, 866x758)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>6544643
Ha, that's cute. I swear if Hasbro wasn't so cheap,and made a Princess Ariel doll with a small Stormy to pull the carriage at a fair price I would totally pick it up.

>>6544661
I would expect this doll to have some kind of a scent. If I bought it, and it didn't I would be kinda be let down
>>
>>6544608
I think the Barbie super hero wave with Poison Ivy has the complete gumby body. Then the wave with Elektra didn't.
>>
>>6544848
>scent
>skunk
Do you want your room to smell like fart?
>>
>>6543710
I think the joke went over your head.
>>
File: stinkor01_full.jpg (150 KB, 700x900)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>6545118
>>6544848

>implying a toy company didn't do just that once before
>>
File: IMG_4855.jpg (2.02 MB, 4032x3024)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
Okay so I hit a yard sale today as it was closing up and picked up some stuff I thought I'd slap on my doll shelf. I'm not a mib collector and have no problem ripping into boxes. But then I looked around. Can any more serious Mattel Disney DollCollector tell me if i should keep it in box or maybe sell it to someone who cares more? I was more after the Megara she was tagging along with.
>>
>>6546932
She's going for $100+ over on ebay right now. Nice score.
>>
>>6546932
>finding cool things at yard sales

Lucky duck!
>>
>>6546932
you could sell her for a nice profit if you wanted. but how much do you enjoy your dolls and/or this franchise?
i'm fond enough of the movie and character that if I found it for a reasonable price i'd be glad to open and enjoy it rather than selling, though i wouldn't buy it for ebay prices. so it's up to you if you think you'd get a lot of enjoyment from opening and playing with or displaying it, or if you'd get more enjoyment from the profit of selling it and doing whatever with the money.
>>
>>6546932
If you're not invested I would definitely keep her in box and put her on ebay. Someone who really wants her will pay big bucks for her, you'll get their money, and everyone will be happy.
>>
File: JBJHkx6.png (223 KB, 500x375)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>6546932
$100+ can buy many loose dolls.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.