[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: DKZ8L0pUMAEIpyd.jpg (173 KB, 1200x1200)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>SEPTEMBER
Wolverine
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fuujin
Game Classics Vol.1 Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Game Classics Vol.1 EX Golden Armor Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya

>OCTOBER
Evangelion Evolution EVA-01
Evangelion Evolution EVA-03
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Raijin
Nyanboard Mini (3 variants)
Revol Mini Klaus & Zapp Twin Box

>NOVEMBER
Magneto
Evangelion Evolution EVA Mark.06
Evangelion Evolution EVA Mark.09
Nyanboard Mini (Panda)

>DECEMBER
Evangelion Evolution EVA-02
Evangelion Evolution EVA-04
Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Game Classics Vol.2 Beat (Jet Set Radio)

>JANUARY
Evangelion Evolution EVA-13
Evangelion Evolution EVA-05

>FEBRUARY
Evangelion Evolution MP EVA
Evangelion Evolution EVA-00

>MARCH
Evangelion Evolution EVA-02b
Evangelion Evolution EVA-08a

>APRIL
Evangelion Evolution EVA-08b
Evangelion Evolution EVA-02r

>TBA
Captain America
Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Batmobile (Batman 1989)
Evangelion Evolution EVA-01 "Awakening ver"
Evangelion Evolution EVA-02 "The Beast"
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Jinjya Daishou
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Kongou Yasha
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Samurai (rumor)
AB Nexus Armoroid (3 color variations)
AB Nexus (reissue)
3 New AB by Yasuhiro Nightow, Noriyuki Jinguji, and Yutaka Minowa

>MIA?
Dino Getter 1
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)

http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/
http://union-creative.jp/category/uc/vulcanlog/
http://kt-jizai.com/

Last one >>6517307

For old Revoltechs listings, what do you think of this site?
http://www.revoltech.fr/liste.html
If you got one better post away.
>>
Captain 'Murica when. Yamaguchi pls.

Yes I'm that impatient.
>>
>>6554284

My guess is 2-3 months after Magneto. So sometime next year.
>>
File: DSC05118.jpg (355 KB, 1162x778)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>tfw you'll never have an x-team with matching shades of yellow
>>
>>6554517

Is that Kitty Pryde? Holy fuck, she looks terrible. Rogue at least looks passable.
>>
>>6554551
That's literally the opposite of what I've ever seen anyone else think of those two figures.

Most people I've seen think Rogue is an improvement over the awful Toybiz face sculpt, but still not great, and Kitty was the first good female face sculpt Hasbro had done in a long time in that line.
>>
File: oKpuELG.jpg (640 KB, 1836x3264)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>6554551
>>6554563
Yeah, Kitty's great. She looks bored, maybe, but at least she isn't cockeyed like Rogue
>>
I swear all these pics and YouTube videos are killing me. Still waiting for mine. I've wanted a wolverine figure for years and when I saw this one I knew it was the one. He just looks awesome.
>>
>>6554598

He is awesome.
>>
File: IntegraSnek.jpg (371 KB, 1084x946)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
Obviously a snake isn't the most imaginative thing, but hey, I like it.
>>
>open wolverine
>start removing a million plastic things
>shoulder pad falls of
>think it was loose but it's really broken

Now I'm playing email tag with amiami and they want me to prove it's shipping damage but it seems to be factory damage.
>>
It's beautiful.
>>
>>6554639
>amiami
good luck my guy, you'll be needing it
>>
>>6554704
Seriously. I asked them for help a long time ago, got my first Figma and a joint was broken. A very nice employee said something along the lines of "oh no, I'll look around to see if I have any lying around" with the followup "I found one, you don't mind a few scratches on it do you? I had to pull it out with a tool". I said no and they sent it on the way, got it soon after.

Recently sent something, "sorry you picked untracked shipping can't help you". All the other info in the box meant nothing to them. It was obviously a defective product, not even shipping damage, in which case yes, uninsured. So ya, they're tough cookies.
>>
>>6554713
With figma its just better to contact goodsmile directly.
>>
>>6554719
Ya, but this was I think 6 years ago, I don't think they have the kind of customer service presence that they do now. And that was like, my 3rd or 4th import figure purchase at the time. The others were from Ebay, so it was also the first time I dealt with an import store like Amiami.
>>
File: warp overtaking me.jpg (120 KB, 577x1024)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
holy fuck at that awful pose in OP.
>>
>>6554719
They can be good and bad. They usually are a bit of a dick about (multiple emails/photos) it but I've always gotten replacements.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (9 KB, 59x62)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>6554563
>>6554551
>>
I was super hyped for revo Wolverine until I saw the finished product. My payment request from amiami just lapsed and I'm probably gonna get my account cancelled. I've decided to go with the mafex.
Am I the only one who was really hyped for this figure but then let down now?
>>
>>6554880
>I've decided to go with the mafex
wat
>>
>>6554880
I was really hyped up too, but the Mezco tigerstripe NYCC version really ate up a lot of it. I just opened my Revoltech today,and while its still really cool, there's nots of annoyances that have come to frustrate me with this line that bug me, especially since I really wanted these to be definitive versions of these characters in my collection. They feel more like a cool novelty. Yeah, the Mezco version won't be able to pose as well, but even so I'm frustrated by just how Wolverine looks when posed certain ways. The lack of a bicep swivel really hurts.
>>
>>6554893
>autism
>>
>>6554883
>mafex

Sorry I meant Mezco
>>
File: IMG_9024.jpg (869 KB, 3072x2304)
869 KB
869 KB JPG
Sorry but it's Mezco all day on this one. And this is coming from someone who truly loves revoltech
>>
File: DIoQi6RVwAAD7Q3.jpg (178 KB, 1200x900)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>6554916
If you want strictly something for display, sure, but dynamism is Revo's strong suit. If someone want to have some fun with their figure and drastically change the look of it from time to time, you can't beat it
>>
>>6554916
>comparing figures with two totally different aesthetics
>>
>>6554893
>The lack of a bicep swivel really hurts.
You're talking about the Revoltech?
People are still on about this? You have all the rotation you need without it, and human arm only rotate like 180 degrees anyways.
>>
>>6554928
The problem is that people want both aesthetics and poseability.

Sometimes some things, like the way his head tilts superfucking awkwardly, are too much to get over.
>>
>>6554916
>falling for the clothcuck meme
I like my toys to be toys not some impoverished tailors attempts the emperor's new clothes.

Besides the cloth stitch looks super weird with his rubber undies that are attached to the suit,
>>
>>6554713
Much like GSC itself, Amiami's customer service was pretty above and beyond when it first started operating internationally, but poorfags kept trying to game the system to get free shit and led them to become hardasses.
>>
File: Wolverine6.jpg (549 KB, 1270x1194)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
>>6554916
>using my shitty pics

It might look better if I had a better setup. But I don't.
>>
>>6554953
Looks fine to me. I said as I have NO setup.
>>
File: IMG_8867.jpg (1.37 MB, 2162x3695)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>6554944
>not liking soft goods
>>
>>6554936
It looks like there's some horrible muscle damage when you point his forearms outward, though. The bicep is permanently facing inward which looks bad.
>>
>>6554998
>Plastic face mask
>Cloth body suit
Pick one.
>>
>>6554998

Personally I really don't like cloth on figures. It makes them look like dolls or worse, like cheapass Mego's from the 70's, or really undefined. Look at Deadpool there. No muscles, he just looks like he's made out of dough wearing that glorified onesie. It also makes him look more like a toy and less realistic because of it all, as toy clothes never look convincingly real.
>>
>>6555010
>>6555009
>criticizing toys that look 5x better in person
/toy/ really has a problem with going outside.
>>
>>6555004
That's a sculpt problem then, not articulation or jointing problem. It is more off centered than usual.
>>
>>6555017
That's such a bullshit excuse. And even if it was true, a lot of people like to photograph their stuff. What's the point of spending 80+ on a figure that looks like shit on camera?
>>
>>6555010
My personal philosophy, cloth looks alright on live-action characters. If it's based on something else, cartoons, comics, games, then I prefer all plastic.
>>
>>6554998
>liking overdesigned donutsteel mezcoshit
>>
>>6555032
theres really a magic to the mezco figures my man
>>
File: blurry.jpg (32 KB, 620x324)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>6555032
>cameras able to pick up more details than the human eye can at the same distance
>bullshit
Here's a nice article that explains shit https://petapixel.com/2012/11/17/the-camera-versus-the-human-eye/
It also explains why the head being made of plastic doesn't look out of place.

>What's the point of spending 80+ on a figure that looks like shit on camera?
ahahahahahahahahha
Why do i need pictures of my own toys?
My collection is for my enjoyment only.

They look better in person and that's the truth. Go find a store or know someone who has one and you'll be impressed.
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (915 KB, 245x285)
915 KB
915 KB GIF
>>6555059
>>6555070
>>
Folks who are complaining about aesthetics or talking about the "only looks good from certain angles" with this Wolverine, I don't get you. This Revoltech pretty much solved the issues people had (shoulder pads helps a lot) in the past. Elbows can even hide the joint completely for 90 degrees bend.
Stylistic design, costume choice, that's fine you can hate that it's a matter of preference. But besides that, bringing up the usual Yamaguchi Revo shortcomings is very naive and biased. Like those are aspect any other action figures are also at, or even more so at fault and can only be avoided by being a statue.

I can't wait for Cap who has the same articulations.
>>
File: scrape.gif (239 KB, 315x480)
239 KB
239 KB GIF
I'm having fun with him. Will post excerpts from the shoot I mentioned in the last thread this weekend.
>>
File: Wolverine3.jpg (301 KB, 988x1008)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>6555100

The new elbow joints are actually pretty damn ingenious. I do feel like this line is starting to get really light on the revoltech joints though. Almost everything on Wolverine is straight up ball joints other than what, his waist? Also the shoulderpads probably would've been a bit better off with being one of the tiny revo joints rather than being a small ball joint, if only because I can see people hamhanding the shoulderpads right off, or having the problem this Anon did >>6554639

>>6555113

Can't wait to see some pics. I love it when people post stuff. It makes me happy when others are enjoying their figures enough to post stuff.
>>
>>6554916
>not getting both and having what look like they might turn out ot be the best two Wolverine figures ever made
>>
do berserker barrage
>>
>>6554998
Nice pajamas.
>>
>>6554916
>a figure vs a doll
>>
>>6554916
Is it Bruce Willis with a Wolverine cosplay?
>>
>>6555352
He'd make a better Wolverine than Hackman ever did
>>
>>6555362
I can't say no, but he's 6′ 0''.

He is a big guy for Wolverine.
>>
Really hope Arthur sells decently. I feel this is our only chance at getting Haggar, Strider, Captain Commando, Frank West and a new Dante anytime.
>>
>>6555365

Tom Cruise is like 5'4. If they can make that midget manlet look like he's the tallest guy in the room, they can shrink Bruce Willis to Wolverine's 4'1 Canadian self.
>>
File: frank.png (715 KB, 1024x627)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
>>6555381
>Frank West

I waiting 11 years for a Frank West figure, I really hope it happen.
>>
>>6555387
Wolvie's 5'3. Still very short especially for a superhero but he's not a literal dwarf like some people seem to believe.
>>
File: DKS4U8wV4AALMV2.jpg (225 KB, 1010x1200)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>6554253
I just noticed Arthur wasn't released. Turns out both versions were delayed to October release.
>>
>>6555381
>Strider
>Capt. Commando
>new Dante
why did you give me hope?!
>>
>>6554916

Enjoy your shit posability and probable stitching QC
>>
>>6554998

> huge potatohead

> zero muscle definition

> vanilla pose
>>
>>6555059
>>6555070

The "magic" is called post-purchase rationalization.

Only people who bought the figure can see it ;)
>>
>>6555797
>>6555801
>>6555822
how are you gonna tell us these arent cool as fuck
>>
>>6556113
forgot pic
>>
File: bonitis.jpg (1.03 MB, 1080x1440)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>
>>6556173
OH DAMN you got exclusive adamantium skelly Wolverine, lucky
>>
File: IMG_1359.jpg (232 KB, 620x652)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Overall I like him. I really should get some SF figuarts.
>>
File: IMG_1308.jpg (385 KB, 702x1230)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>
>>6556118
How's the durability with these things? Th cloth, joints, plastic quality. They look great especially Punisher but I wonder how long they will hold up compared to an all plastic figure.
>>
File: wolverine skeleton.jpg (84 KB, 500x266)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>6556173
wow
>>
File: ShitTastePersonified.jpg (42 KB, 832x112)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>6556249

He really is amazing. I'm actually not sure who is the best in the line now. Also fuck youtube comments. I do wonder how people with such shit taste are surviving in this world.
>>
>>6556405
good god
>>
>>6556405
>Pablous
>>
>>6556118
these figures are cool for certain characters, it's the best Punisher that will ever be made for sure, but Mezco discussion doesn't really belong in this thread

really like the top right shelf here btw dude
>>
>>6556405
Come now, some people don't interact with their figures the same way as everyone else, maybe he just likes them to sit their plain as day so it's fine. Revoltech is fairly divisive, so I'm not surprised some don't like the final look. I think Revol Wolvie looks great, and the ML is pretty nice too, but Pablous is allowed to think what he wants as well.
>>
>>6556405
>doesn't like revoltech joints
>thinks marvel legends with joint pins and mismatched colors

I don't understand. I love marvel legends but only a moron would think the brown suit one marvel legend would look better.
>>
>>6556503
I saw a comment long ago, and I'm gonna guess it must be true with figures, that your eyes and brain can get used to and overlook familiar things. So people who are used to the molded in double joints with pins no longer see how ugly they look. Then comes in the unfamiliar, separate hinge joints like Revo or figma and they stand out way more yo their eyes.
>>
File: FIG-COL-9295_04.jpg (20 KB, 800x298)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Just ordered a Katana Masterworks Kashu Kiyomitsu to use with my (soon to arrive) Wolverine. Do you guys think the smaller scale sword will fit well in the figure's weapon grip hands or is the sword's hilt too narrow?
>>
>>6556405
I actually don't like how revoltech figures look in general, the joints and that sharp look that most figures have like they've been cut with a laser just doesn't appeal to me.

With that said, the minute i saw this wolverine i fell in love. Yes it's a revoltech, but it does a good job at hiding the ugly joints so i decided to buy it. I don't blame anyone who doesn't like revoltech figures, but this wolverine looks really good. They did a good job.
>>
>>6556581
If it fits well with figma and SHF's hands, then I'm gonna say it will be loose. Little armory stuff are. Pretty much all Revoltechs holds 3mm diameter objects the best.
>>
>>6556574
The irony in this isn't lost on you?
>>
>>6556593
Sure it goes both ways. Like anyhting. Just providing some reasoning to why one would prefer the other. Even if the one has more visual footprints to the joint area than the other.
>>
So what does everyone think the decision making process is behind choosing which Marvel character Yamaguchi makes next? So far I’m getting a mutants, spiderverse and now avengers with Cap confirmed.

That being said we should gamble on who next
>>
>>6556783
I’m thinking Iron Man (without a doubt) and Thor cus it’s
>Deadpool, Wolvie and Magneto
Which covers 3 mutants
>Spidey, Gwen and Venom
Covering spiderverse
So with Cap, the figurehead of the Avengers, 2 of the 4 other figureheads is next.
Tho I will say, a AY Hulk would be a sight to see
>>
>>6554916
>Sorry but it's Mezco all day on this one. And this is coming from someone who truly loves revoltech
We're looking at the same figure right? With the shit cloth.

Mezco a shit
>>
File: mezco dankseid sdcc.jpg (318 KB, 734x1280)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>6555822
>The "magic" is called post-purchase rationalization.
Nope.
I can buy most of my toys in person and even played around with Deadpool and Batman (long ago!) before even giving my money to Mezco themselves in person.

My purchases of Punisher and Judge Dredd may have been blind buys, but these purchases were based on the figures i own because of how great they look and play around with.
I bought SDCC Deadpool in XMen costume, thinking that would be my ONLY purchase and wave off his later normal red release, but since he seems plentiful, i bought him. Now I'm contemplating getting XForce Deadpool just to make a colorful sentai team and for his accessories.

Sucks that you can't buy your toys in person or go to shows that show them off, but a lot of the criticism for these figures in this thread is wrong, because you're basing your view on only internet pictures.

pic of my own pic from SDCC.
>>
>>6556797
Hulk instead of Thor
>>
>>6556783
Before Cap I thought they will stick to Spiders and Mutants because there were no live-action figures counterparts to compete with. Now with Avengers options (sales must have been too good to pass up on them) the lineup will be very predictable.

Like >>6556797 said core Avengers, Iron Man and Hulk for sure. Thor, hard to say. X-men Cyclops for sure. And there is also the villains slot, and that could go to Thanos if Avengers members gets filled in enough, he is getting more and more media coverage these days.

The most important factor is, who are popular enough to the Japanese audience who had no comic books around growing up. Movies and games are the main sources so the selection wont deviate from them that much.

Characters like Daredevil and Ghost Rider I would say is the grey zone, tipping more towards not gonna happen.

Even the adventurous pick like Spider-Gwen is possible because she is clearly a female version of Spider-Man, so for minor characters they need that extra boost off of famous characters.
>>
>>6556844
Or both... Don't see why one would have to be excluded for the other.
>>
>>6556856
Man, I wasn’t even thinking about how good a AY Ghost Rider would be.
Though I have to disagree, Daredevil has been gaining A LOT of traction recently. Batfleck was the last time I had heard or even cared for DD but since Netflix revived it, he’s been selling a lot on the American market. Shit, Hasbro even did a 12” of him. Plus the 4th category very well could be the Marvel knights. Get some Blade in there too
>>
>>6556915
>on the American market.
Exactly. Nothing to do with Japan. Netflix fame means very little there too.

He has the highest possibility only because of the poseability requirements, but anyone else in that tier no way. Action figures are expensive so they wont take chances anymore. And I say it's pointless to do Ghost Rider with no prospects of making his bike. Leave all that to Hasbro.
>>
>>6556901
I can't tell if Thor is popular in Japan. Hulk is recognizable and unique. I think if they do make Thor it's for completing the team, what ever they view as the team, than anything. Plus there are other characters they could do that will sell better than Thor I bet.

Personally i think his name in Japanese looks and sounds stupid. SOー ソー
>>
Fwoosh review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2J5B4xvUr8
Who knew Wolverine had a balljointed knee?!
>>
>>6556783
>So what does everyone think the decision making process is behind choosing which Marvel character Yamaguchi makes next?

1: Choose a popular character
2: Give it a close-but-not-really-perfect costume just to piss everyone off, possibly at the direction of Marvel, who currently loves pissing off the few fans it has left as much as possible.
3: Make a really good figure out of it
4: Occasionally choose a character out of left field that no one really cares about just to piss people off more
>>
>>6557001
It's a ball peg. But ya, it is quite unique. Good choice.
>>
>>6557001
I hate it when reviewers just say "ball joint." Wish they distinguish between a ball shaped hinge and a ball in socket joints.
>>
>>6557008
>>6557015
I was actually making fun of him but now I'm not sure if I'm right.
I know there's a ball shaped hinge(revo joint) BELOW his knee in his calf. From the video it looks like the actual knee hinge on his Wolverine is gappy/popped halfway out, giving it some wiggle room. Is the -knee- supposed to move in any way except hinge?
>>
>>6557001
It's assembled poorly. Hence the gaps to move around. Knees are simple hinges. The boot cut is an actual ball joint.
>>
>>6557020
>>6557022
Ah my timing. Should make things clear.
>>
>>
>>6557223

But I got that version signed by Steve Blum at last year's NYCC..........
>>
>>6556836
I want that big boy
>>
I have this bad habit of imagining a potential future Revoltech when handling a new Yamaguchi Revoltech, and this time with Wolverine, it is a new Kinnikuman. A 2.0, well 3 if you include the Mini.

AY Wolverine has shown having a beefcake sculpt and maintaining high range of articulation without looking too disjointed is possible. I think a perfect Kinnikuman Revo can be made with very little changes to this construction. I had concerns with the hinged knees but so far I haven't encountered significant limitations.

As a Japanese IP for future AY the probability is high for Kinnikuman, but since Bandai is going strong with it I fear Kaiyodo would back down. I'm not asking for all the Chojins, but just Suguru and maybe an opponent. We have the SHFs for the other guys.

The SHF Sugurus are not their best looking figures so I think there is room for new alternatives. Old Revo has its problems too. I don't think there is an costume left that's not released. Maybe his son, but I always pictured him as being lean and not super buffed.

I know most of you want all Marvel, and Berserk. I'm really curious what sort of Japanese characters they will pick after such a long break from them.
>>
File: 63e88f05.jpg (66 KB, 1024x684)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>6557407
>Old Revo has its problems too
What are your problems with it? It's still one of my favorite Revos of all time, and I think the only thing that could really improve it is the new true balljoint hips--but even without them, his hips were the "new" rear-mounted pegs, so they're very easy and painless to pose. And his sculpt and range of motion are both perfect in my opinion.
>>
File: Amaterasu.png (1003 KB, 1190x956)
1003 KB
1003 KB PNG
>>6557407
Japanese characters? Okami Amaterasu. There's no dog figures in general, let alone Ammy.
>>
>>6557437
In retrospect, there are a few problems. The proportions are clearly altered for articulation, the chest to arm pieces ratio in size is way off. It's apparent if you look at the Mini version or Wolverine. Limitations using a single revo joint shoulders for sure.
And for hips, same goes for the Mini but that particular jointing required a gap between the butt and the back of the thighs. The ball joint and thigh cuts method most AYs have are great hiding such gaps in those Kinnikuman moves.

And this style of hip is way more appropriate to his attire. The thigh cuts are perfect for the division of skin and pants. No need for that rubber ring approach. Moving shoulder blades plus double 6mm shoulders increased the range of motion, or at least maintained it with a bulkier sculpt.

I just think Yamaguchi can make a Kinnikuman ten times better with his current style of figure making.

This habit of mine, with Spider-Man it was new sculpts for Evangelions, and with Gwen it was probably Cutie Honey? I don't remember. Too many IPs I want Yamaguchi to take a crack at it.
>>
>>6556249
god damn I love the sculpt on this but really don't want to spend that kind of money on a figure with this costume.
>>
>>6557549
i really dont get this. What’s wrong with this costume?
>>
>>6557895
People just don't like it because it's not his classic costume or his brown costume.

I've always liked his Astonishing suit, though, so I'm fine with it.
>>
>>6557895

Not his Jim Lee or 80's era costume. Honestly...A lot of people seem to hate the costume changes for characters since the 90's. And a lot of them have been piles of shit, truthfully. Occasionally theres a good redesign, but with comics where the majority are older fans and people do tend to go back and read the good runs of books, theres really no excuse to not cater to your fanbase and go for the obvious, popular choice. Except it's Marvel, and Marvel has been trying their damndest to make every shitty possible decision they can the past oh, 10 years or so. They're really a mess from top to bottom, and I honestly hope the Mouse cleans house sooner than later. So much shit is drowning the company and killing off the fanbase.
>>
>>6557946
Lets assume there is a Marvel order for the costume choices, but within that confines I think Kaiyodo is doing a good job with AY line.

By that I mean Yamaguchi is pushing the designs to closer resemble our ideal version of the characters, despite being the modern suits. Wolverine could've been that shitty looking Now suit, the orange with big black X, but we got the one that resembles the 90's one the most. And he made it more pointy and gave distinct shoulder pads, picked the version that has the boots and gloves closest to the old costume.

Captain America while in the Now suit he is really bulked up compared to the lean athletic build he is in today. Magneto got lucky because he wore that costume while others changed theirs during whatever point in time Marvel is comfortable in allowing for selection.

Characters that had a drastic makeover, like the colour scheme is totally different, would be interesting to see how they would be handled. Or even picked at all. I don't think there are many like that with the big hits heroes Kaiyodo will likely pick. I doubt they would do black and gold Iron Man. X-Men heroines would probably be the most divisive if they even get to making them.
>>
>>6557485
Fair points, but I do take exception with the double 6mm shoulders. I hate those things. Double Revolver joints are unstable at the middle and have a disturbing flex to them. They do give good range, but it's just not pleasant to manipulate--I wish Kaiyodo would move to a more traditional butterfly joint. They seem to be easing up on the "Revolver joints only" policy lately, so maybe they will someday realize this.

Like, they realized how much double knees sucked in the New Movie Evas, so when they did the Evo series they switched back to a single joint and just increased clearance to get the same range. I really hope they figure out something asap and phase out the double joints.
>>
>>6558040
They aren't the best looking of joints, but the range, and also the way they position the arms relative to the body, works great for a humanoid figure. It resembles how a human moves way way more than any other joint types I've seen.
They function well if you get the tensions at the pegs right by reshaping the plastic with heat.

Yes they can do better but I don't want them to change it too much. Using the Mini joints for shoulders like with Gwen might be the way to go. You get a bit more freedom and the tension seems strong enough for regular size male arms.
>>
>>6557254
>Blum
>Not Cal Dodd

you fucked up, Bub.
>>
>>6558027

Oh I'm not saying they're not doing a marvelous job with what they have to work with, but I am saying these slightly imperfect costume choices are likely being forced by Marvel. I don't see why, for example, they'd go with the costume they did for Wolverine instead of his classic one, or just randomly omit the white patches from Venom's hands. Spiderman is the only one who is pretty much 100% classic (unless you're wanting underarm webs Spidey).
>>
>>6558040
>They seem to be easing up on the "Revolver joints only" policy lately, so maybe they will someday realize this.

Wolverine has the fewest revo joints of any revo figure I own. It's just his ab crunch, and the shoulders. Thats it. Not even the arms are ratcheted.
>>
>>6558057
>Using the Mini joints for shoulders like with Gwen might be the way to go. You get a bit more freedom and the tension seems strong enough for regular size male arms.
Yeah, hers are probably my favorite style of shoulder joints except maybe the really old school ones where they just used a single 6mm one. The rotation you get at the lower end of them is great, and pretty much the big thing the usual double revol joint struggles with.. I'd be down for a slightly tweaked version with ratchets in the swivel for bigger dudes.

>>6558165
I'm pretty happy yamaguchi doesn't feel the need to just use revol joints for everything. If you've got better options in your line, use 'em.
>>
Can you guys complainong about the costume post pictures of your favourite costumes? I did a quick google search and the Wolverine we got is pretty close to the classic design.

I don't know if this is the case, but maybe Hasbro can weigh in on costume choices. I guess no toy company working with licensed material wants to directly compete against another with the same license.
>>
>>6558193
>I guess no toy company working with licensed material wants to directly compete against another with the same license
Pretty sure that's not the case, since three figures of Deadpool based on the same costume were announced pretty much simultaneously. It's much more likely that Marvel/Disney is just limiting what figures companies like Max Factory or Kaiyodo can make figures of to more modern designs when possible. Hasbro doesn't have such limitation because they have a much closer partnership with Marvel and produce way more figures.
>>
File: BrownCostume.jpg (62 KB, 400x458)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>6558193

Wolverine's design and Venom's are the closest to the classic without directly being the classic, pretty much. All Venom is missing is the white patches on the backs of his hands, and Wolverine's is close to his classic that most people wouldn't complain.

Personally I want to see a brown repaint. I don't care if the details don't match. Shit, do a brown of that costume, play it up a bit, it'll look cool probably.
>>
>>6558218
I'd love to see a Weapon X Wolverine.
>>
>>6558218
Hasbro did repaint a toybiz Wolverine in that costume in brown and tan early on. I kinda like it. But a true tan costume would be better.
>>
>>6558165
Ooh, I didn’t know that. that kinda takes away some of the appeal. The clicking is satisfying...
>>
Can someone post pics of their Venom?

Recently got into this line and bought everyone in one go, but Venom is proving to be quite a challenge to pose.
>>
File: VeryBadTouch.jpg (766 KB, 1688x1160)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
>>6558473
>>
File: Venom7.jpg (1.2 MB, 1449x1311)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>6558473
>>6558479

These are older pics back when I got him.
>>
>>6558479
>>6558482
Thanks anon, I love you~
>>
>>6558473
>>
Got my Wolverine today. His left shin/leg hates staying in the swivel socket. I've seen you guys mentioned floor polish to tighten joints?

Wondering what would be the best way to fix it. It doesn't "pop" into place like it's supposed to and particularly when rotating his leg back there's a gap forming until it pops off almost completely.
>>
>>6559741
I've tried thread seal tape before and it works.
>>
>>6559752
Good idea. I'll try that thanks.
>>
>>6559741
I have something like that on mine too, you mean the swivel at the knee or the balljoint just below it? I haven't had time to get in there and work at it, but usually something not staying in means there's too much of something in there, check to see if you have some paint slop something on the mushroom peg.

Then again, you're not the first person to mention this, and I'm thinking it might be a widespread thing. Which leg is it?
>>
>>6559741
>>6559763
It does seem common. The plastic feels a bit softer than usual.
It's caused by the factory workers not placing in the legs all the way. It warped the sockets enough to be loose or wobbly.

Not so drastic fix, which I did, is to heat up the sockets with nothing in them. Let it cool for like an hour or two, then plop them back in all the way. If there is still some looseness, heat up the whole leg assembled and leave it alone again for a while.

If there is still room for gaps then yeah thicken the pegs with something.

I think they went softer so people wont snap off the pegs or something. Pop out before that happens.
>>
>>6559763
Knee swivel. Left leg. It did have some paint on it and I scrapped a bit off the top of the peg but it didn't do much.

Same thing with the thread tape. It's still really loose.

I'll try heating it in a bit.
>>
>>6558545
Shit, this is the best Revo Spidey pic I've ever seen. You can really feel the impact of that kick as he drags his way toward Venom with that webline. This is what it means to know how to pose.
>>
File: DIetJ8JUwAEYFPM.jpg (249 KB, 1200x900)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>
File: 800px-Cwcshutup.png (353 KB, 800x450)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>6560134
I want it!
>>
>>6560134
Why can't they paint them like this to begin with? That looks fucking incredible
>>
>>6560140
Because you're adding a lot to the painting process which will jack up the final price. You're basically asking for statue level paints on an action figure.
>>
File: Marvs.jpg (241 KB, 1000x752)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>6560145
Also, doing that sort of paintjob is extremely time, skill, and cost intensive, which is why we rarely get them. It's why we got a blobby black LCBH Marv instead of the incredible looking comic-shaded prototype.
>>
>>6560134
Sweet. I wouldn't want it to replace my regular Spidey, but this would be avery cool addition. Where's this from? Any tutorials up? Wonder if that paint scratches off easily...
>>6560161
Holy shit. That Prototype looks amazing. Did the factory (workers) attempt to go for that and failed miserably or did the higher ups just say fuck it, we can't afford it?
>>
File: spidey and venom.jpg (532 KB, 2016x1512)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
>>6558482
>>6558479
Got my Venom a bit ago aswell as homecoming figuarts spidey. They size up pretty great together desu.
>>
File: 20171002_015122.jpg (573 KB, 1512x2016)
573 KB
573 KB JPG
>>6560206
>>
>>6560192
>Wonder if that paint scratches off easily...

/tg/ here. Paints for models and the like are very different from factory applied paints. Factory applied paints, for one, are usually incredibly fucking toxic, but the upside is the paint is much harder to damage/scrape/etc. Depending on the type they also take a long time to dry. Thats why 20 year old figures hold up if you treat'em well and the factory didn't cheap out, the paint is very tough.

However, paints available to the consumer are 1: Nowhere near as toxic, and 2: Nowhere near as resistant to damage. Which is a neccessity really, you'd pretty much melt your lungs or corrode your brain with industrial paint. And this stuff doesn't hold up anywhere near as well, and usually requires some kind base coat of primer, and has to be finished off with sealant to boot (ie: coat of matte or gloss). It also takes a while to paint properly. You know all of those shitty, globby hunks of crap you see on /toy/ here? Thats because people don't know how to paint. You need multiple, very thin coats of paint, and that takes time and effort.

tl;dr If you want a statue or a model you can touch occasionally but not play with, you can paint it. But the paint will absolutely not hold up for anything past that. And you'll probably completely fuck up the first thing you paint unless you've got years of painting experience.
>>
>>6560212
What if I do everything right though? Remove paint, maybe rough it up a little, use primer, multiple thin coats(with an airbrush) and one or several sealers?
Would it still not be 'perfect'?

You pretty much confirmed my suspicion.
Is there a way to get your hands on industrial paint? I don't see why this couldn't be sold with huge warning labels or some other hoops to go through.
>>
>>6560224
>Would it still not be 'perfect'?

It'd probably hold up decently. But you'd likely have to worry about chipping/scratching/etc anyway. I don't know about getting industrial grade paint.
>>
File: Jae-Lee-Superman.jpg (61 KB, 640x414)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>6560192
> That Prototype looks amazing. Did the factory (workers) attempt to go for that and failed miserably or did the higher ups just say fuck it, we can't afford it?
Probably both.
China fails miserably and asks for more money to do a better job at it, making Marvel balk.

It's not terribly expensive to do though. Playmates, DCC, NECA and other companies have all tried doing that style of shading on their toys.
>>
>>6560262
Yeah but they are much simpler version of shading. To do that on Yamaguchi figures that have crazy amount of muscle definition will be too time consuming or looks like shit and ruins the sculpt.

It would make great contest prize versions, they can paint a few in-house and give them away as part of some promotions.
>>
>>6560266
Doesn't look all that complex.
Playmates has done something similar in black and white with their TMNT. NECA did a black and white too.
Then there was NECA's Dark Horse cover Predator. Playmates did a comic style Leonardo.

lots and lots of examples of very complex paint apps, usually without much of a price increase, if any.
>>
>>6560271
It feels like all your examples are different markets, different scope, etc. Like Predators saves a ton by releasing the same to similar sculpts over and over and over.

Fact remains that why bother spending more time and money per figure to give it a treatment that is unusual and may not be accepted by most? As an alternate extra thing sure. Make it a limited model. It's the common style for those exclusives anyways.

Ultimately you're asking "make it better, do more to it, but don't make it more expensive, it works in another country" which sounds pretty unreasonable.
>>
File: 1477530808709.jpg (49 KB, 630x623)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>6555699
Holy Jesus I need this so bad.
>>
>>6560288
You're missing the point, which is that it's not all that more expensive than a normal paint job, hence it being so regular to see it done.

Whether they should do it or not, because of demand, that's something else.
If there isn't demand, it'd be dumb to do shading like that, but it wouldn't cost all thatm uch more than the normal paint apps.
>>
>>6560206
>>6558545
>>6558479
Revoltech Carnage when?
>>
>>6560271
None of the examples you're giving are anywhere near as complex as that Marv. I own the B&W TMNT, and they're actually pretty simply done. I have no way of knowing how the factory actually went about it, but I know for a fact I could do that exact paintjob by casting in white and doing a clean black rub over it. Same with the NECA comic book preds, you can tell by the look that those are actually using tampographs (flexible rubber stamps). So they're not really tough to do at all, you can production line that process.

Marv in particular requires pretty precise work--you can't use a black rub here because a lot of the shadows are decision-based. Basically, the painter is deciding where to begin and stop lines, how thick to make them, etc. It's an entirely different game.

The Spidey custom is like halfway between both worlds. You can easily get that basic look by doing a black rub over a custom red & blue paintjob, which will settle into the crevices of Yamaguchi's sculpt. But then you need to go in with a fine paintbrush and do some decision work. Do the fine hatching, define certain shadows more, add the white highlights, etc. That's the hard part.
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (208 KB, 1024x576)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>6555389
I need a Frank to recreate this image with animu girls
>>
Anyone snag Vulcanlog Kaiser X? Wanting to get it to go with my Glavenus, figured I'd ask in case there are any issues with it.
>>
>>6560755
I'm just waiting on mine and want some info on it too, there's no reviews or anything.
>>
>>6560363
>a lot of the shadows are decision-based
uhhh
Did you even look at the Marv in that post?
His shadows are all in the grooves/folds of the sculpt. The toy was sculpted with the paint job in mind.
They know what they're doing, even if they know that the final product won't look as great as their meticulous prototype. Go look at any ML or Marvel Toys prototype to see the differences.

>The Spidey custom is like halfway between both worlds.
This is more like NECA's or Playmate's work...DCC's, McFarlane, etc
Obviously, it wouldn't be as meticulous, but it would still be up there to get that look right.
>>
>>6560972
>The toy was sculpted with the paint job in mind.
Of course it was. But it's still a very decision-based paintjob. With some toys, you can tell they simply used a black rub--the black has settled into all the crevices and cracks of the toy, but there's no real rhyme or reason to it. Marv there was clearly labored over. There are places where ink COULD have settled but didn't--this is due to the artist's decision. For example, notice that he is shaded as if lit from top-down--there is black on the underside of every fold, and none on top, even though there is an indentation there that would have collected paint. This is the result of precision paint, not the sculpt doing all the work. For another example, look at his boots. Lots of decision work done there, as the black creeps up onto the raised parts of the sculpt and the white areas are carefully shaped to give the impression of shine (look at his inside right calf or the toepieces).
>>
>>6561121
>ut it's still a very decision-based paintjob.
You're looking at a prototype though.
The same basic paint apps can easily be applied in the same way this Ultimate Captain America was made.
There's certain things missing, especially the extra care that was taken care, but that's just how it is.

Almost everything you mentioned could be done with tampos and spray masks, especially the boots.

Marvel Toys balked at doing it because it would have cost more than what is budgeted for their $13 toys would allow. Again, they planned it out and thought it was possible within their budget though, which shows the cost wouldn't have been much more. So for a collector's line like DCC/McFarlane/NECA/Kaiyodo, you have more of a budget to work with. Hence DCC/NECA/etc giving more complex paint work.
>>
File: fuujin.jpg (72 KB, 736x736)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
I hope you guys aren't forgetting Kaiyodo does different paint jobs with different lines. It's just a stylistic choice and not many want all that crazy shading on a comic book character. I mean the more sense of realism you put into them it loses the uniqueness of being a comic book centred line. It's better to have the vanilla look seen in most pages.
>>
>>6560116
Relax, it's an okay pose. For the most visual impact venom would actually be post-kick and he'd have his head turned the other way at the least
>>
File: IMG_6883.jpg (1.19 MB, 3643x2273)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>6558473
>posing venom

He's definitely trickier than the average figure
>>
File: nexus1.jpg (85 KB, 600x600)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
https://hlj.com/product/KYD03029

Assemble Borg Nexus reissue.

November release. Recommended if you want a generic looking robot warrior looking dude.

https://hlj.com/product/KYD03029
>>
>>6561271
damn that is too good
>>
File: 20171004_065428.jpg (3.72 MB, 2250x3388)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
Anybody else's wolverine lean alittle bit in the torso? Really looks bad when standing him up straight.
>>
>>6561854
I think your abdomin revolver joint is not facing straight.
>>
>>6561854
I hope you aren't trying ot stand him up in the most vanilla pose possible.
>>
>>6561854
Pop the torso off an make sure the joints are correct.
>>
Where can I find spidey revoltech for a decent price?
>>
>>6562107
http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1073842223&ref=list
>>
File: 20171004_130805.jpg (3.32 MB, 2660x2770)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB JPG
>>6561870
>>6562088
I did, took him apart multiple times last night to check. It's definitely the top half that's slanted because the joint peg rubs up against one side of the abdomen piece.
>>6561877
Of course not man, I'm better than that but it's still noticable even having him hunched alittle. It doesn't help that I have him up high on a shelf so hunching still doesn't hide it.

Any ideas to fix it? This is the first thing I bought on release and from hobby link so I'm a bit clueless. How are they with returns or exchanges? Bums me out seeing other wolverines with their nice spinal cord, meanwhile mine has scoliosis.
>>
>>6562145

You have a pic of the peg inside?
>>
File: 20171004_130633.jpg (3.27 MB, 2660x2946)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>6562145
Tried taking a picture of the abdomen joint with my phone's camera, wouldn't focus but I think you guys can see how it's rubbing on one side. And yeah the joint is definitely straightened out.
>>
File: 20171004_133008.jpg (3.65 MB, 2660x3041)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
>>6562147
Like this?

I just noticed when taking this picture that the connection that the joint plugs into isn't flush against the inside.
>>
File: 1507138440390903520947.jpg (3.53 MB, 4032x3024)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
>>6554253
It doesn't have the fucking cigar?????!! What the dicktits?
>>
>>6562160
Yup this is the problem, that's what's causing it to slant. Anyway to fix this without braking it?
>>
>>6562162
Yeah man, Marvel's pissy about smoking and has been for a good 11 years or so, they had to drop it from the figure.
This was announced like 4 months ago anon.
>>
>>6562162
Yup. Old news, but still irritating. I find their anti-smoking stand especially ridiculous when it's applied to Wolverine, who A.) has a healing factor and isn't even affected by it and B.) mutilates people constantly which is somehow not as morally offensive as smoking a cheap stogie.
>>
>>6562162
>>6562179

It's doubly fucking retarded because it isn't even a Disney policy or anything. It's due to one of the higher ups in Marvel's daddies dying of lung cancer, so the fuck just banned smoking altogether. Now, I don't smoke, and I think it's a repulsive fucking habit and makes everything stink of horrible acrid nastiness, but it's a fucking toy for adult collectors. It's not a real cigar, and it's for a comic character which is not real either. It's straight up bullshit they couldn't include it.
>>
>>6562191
Agreed on all counts. I believe it was mandated by Joe Quesada shortly after he became EiC in the early 2000's. Just add it to the list of stupid editorial mandates from Marvel over the last two decades. At least they merchandise the hell out of their characters now, so I can enjoy some toys of characters I like.
>>
>>6562191
I assume he doesn't come with the cigar hand either?
Could probably just used Venom Snakes cigar or make one if it did.
>>
>>6562201

No, he has the cigar hand still, at least. So you've either gotta make your own cigar, or swipe one from another toy.
>>
>>6562203
Still that's not too bad. A cigar is pretty easy to make. Should have come by default but better than removing the hand too.
>>
File: IMG_1331.jpg (916 KB, 1080x1511)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
Just get venom snake. He's also great.
>>
>>6555387
It is usually a lot easier to make a shorter person appear a bit taller. You can simply add heeled shoes, use off camera soap boxes and so on. Reducing height you either have to make everyone around you taller which is pretty convoluted depending on the scenes and number of people in it, or by resorting to only force perspective tricks.

Of course in the case of very drastic height differences you got to do the lotr and Hobbit route of filming actors seperately. That is definitely not practical for most cases.
>>
>>6562145
>>6562152
>>6562160

WTF are completely new to Revoltechs? That's just how revol joints are torso Joint's are always slanted slightly. You just adjust for it in posing.
>>
>>6562145
This actually drives me nuts on Venom, but it's justified because of his huge body mass.

BTW just checked out Anthony's review of Wolvie and while he makes some valid points, I understand now why some of you dislike him. Seeing him him praising Storm Collectibles despite its multiple issues makes it worse and rage-inducing.
>>
>>6562983

He's an actual shill for storm, so stop being surprised.
>>
>>6562983
He's a whore for anyone who gives him free stuff and/or sponsors him.

This is why he's all over storm like they are perfect and shills bbts at every opportunity, sometimes more than once a day.
>>
>>6562320
yeah; was gonna say, if you don't have cigars from the multiple revoltech snale releases you're really missing out
>>
File: DKd48tYVYAY5ikh.jpg (146 KB, 1200x900)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>6562162
>>6562179
>>6562201
>>6562203
>>6562211
>>6562320
>>6563024
A easy tutorial from Yamaguchi:

https://twitter.com/fuikitodoki/status/911830309674479616
https://twitter.com/fuikitodoki/status/911830484774035456
>>
>>6562961
You're partially right, wolverine is my 2nd revoltech but my first does not have this issue at all and I'm pretty sure this isn't right. The connection is definitely not to suppose to be like that, every other wolverine I've seen online doesn't have this issue. They all bend back and forth no problem while the body is aligned properly. Also the neck is on a separate piece, moving the torso joint to make his body look straight just makes his neck and head slanted too.

Does anybody have experience with HLJ with returns and exchanges? Going to start this tomorrow night.
>>
>>6563065
Cheeky madman. Cigars for everyone now.
>>
>>6563219
>You're partially right,
No, he's totally right.

>wolverine is my 2nd revoltech
And...?
I have 12 of them, and they all work the same way. You have to center the joint sometimes.
There's no defect. You're being too OCD about this.
>>
>>6563219
You can just adjust it yourself autismo.

My spooderman had the same 'problem' but he's fine now. I just took him apart and moved him around a bit so he fit together a lil more shnug.
>>
File: its-fine.jpg (34 KB, 312x270)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>6563219
Nah man. It's not defective, that's just the way Revoltechs are. You just need to make sure the joint is lined up properly. Even if it's just a hair off center, it can make the whole thing look lopsided. Especially when you throw other joints into the mix.
Take a little time, adjust the torso, adjust the neck, and go from there.

HLJ is going to tell you the same thing.
>>
I'm glad there seems to be a resurgence of Assemble Borg. I ordered doubles of the Kaiyodo online shop versions of Intaniya and Integra, and along with this Nexus rerelease I will have a lot of parts for customization.
>>
>>6563292

Revoltechs I bet are a nightmare for people with OCD. My first Revoltech was the original Yamaguchi Toyohisa, and even though they have changed and improved since then they all still have unique quirks like the torso joints needing to be adjusted.

At first its a fumbly clicky mess but the more you play with it and pose it you start to realize just how precise a posing system it actually is.
>>
>>6563733
i wonder if that is way people have such strong opinions on revolthech toys
>>
>>6563755
It's mostly the way Yamaguchi places joints into his figures. They are different from everything else really. Like the norm would have pegs and swivels in straight lines, along the limbs, where as his would tend to be at different angles. It can mess with your expectations, and I'm guessing different equals bad to most.

Also people who are sticklers to screen accuracy of sculpts will not like him.

And ratchets.
>>
>>6563219
Yo can adjust for any slight misalignment of the sculpt by twisting both ends at the pegs of the revo joint. Like if the joint facing completely straight is not making the body sculpts straight, twist around until they are. The joint facing slightly at an angle can make the sculpt properly aligned.
>>
Just got Wolverine, I gotta say he's fucking awesome. only issue I have is that the left leg likes to pop off but besides that I'm estatic to have him. He seems to be made from a softer plastic and his joints move really well.
>>
Alright, lets see some sick poses with Wolverine! Everything I've seen so far has been MEH. I know the figure is capable of so much more!
>>
>>6563897
Can't pose for shit
>>
>>6562983
>watch review mentioned
>$70 dollar figure
>hamhands the fucking shoulder pads off (though really, the pats SHOULD be on revo joints, that is a valid complaint I have)
>m-muh sculpt m-muh stylized it doesn't look like wolverine all in the comments, like these fucks have NEVER read a fucking comic book in their LIVES

Ha ha what the fuck? Does he not know about HLJ or amiami or...Anything? And the rest of this shit, holy fuck. This is fucking disgusting and I blame all of you for letting me this shit exists and people like this are somehow not in mental institutions for being this retarded.
>>
>>6563897
>>
>>6564093
Did he say it was a $70 figure?, didn't hear that part, wtf tho 70?
>>
>>6564183

He's too dumb to buy from Japanese sites. Even with and after accounting for shipping it shouldn't cost over $55-60.
>>
>>6563897
Pose it yourself then mommas boy
>>
>>6564093
>>6564183
>$70
Maybe he's canadian?
>>
>>6560212
Lacquers would hold up a lot more effectively than acrylics or enamels, but they introduce a whole extra set of problems.
>>
>>6562589
>>
>>6561319
Whoa! So good..
>>
>>6564183
He pretty much buys everything from BigBadOverpricedShit unless it isn't a Bluefin distributed SHF exclusive(which is fucking weird when you think about it because it means he can actually import shit)
So yeah he probably actually paid $70+ and that's why he kept saying "it was so expensive" even though it was actually like $55 if you imported which is a pretty average price for Japanese current figures in the market
I mean just look at the difference
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/53709
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-030370&rank=
>>
>>6558545
that's a cool kicking pose for spidey
>>
>>6564824
Shipping from Amiami is at least 800 yen though. If you include shipping etc, especially if you bundle it with your monthly order it comes up to ~$60ish. I do imports all the time but it is still unfair to compare BBTS price to amiami without taking into account shipping cost from ami2
>>
>>6564944
800 yen is 7 USD. Shipping from BBTS is $4. You're really making a case for a $3 difference?
>>
File: anthony.jpg (64 KB, 847x440)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>6564824

kek I'm 100% getting shadowbanned from comments after this
>>
File: contemplating suicide.jpg (1.06 MB, 1536x2560)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>6563024

Revoltech snale?

I thought only figma had released a snale figure!
>>
File: ThisPleasesMe.jpg (30 KB, 159x239)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>6565041

Doing good work there, anon. Good for you.
>>
>>6565041
Amiami does have shit customer service, but this is easily circumvented by shopping at HLJ, which has excellent customer service and very similar prices. Of course Anthony wouldn't know that either though.
>>
File: why.png (767 KB, 1185x731)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
>>6564824
Holy shit you're right, wtf why would he pay that much? I paid 47 euros for wolverine on amiami incl shipping which is like idk 55 dollars? That's a $20 dollar difference compared to bbts why would you throw away your money like that, shit.

>>6565041
hahahahahaha
>>
File: ed7.jpg (45 KB, 596x628)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>6565041
>>
>>6565041
Going by his comments dude sounds like a sad nerd anyway. Pretty condescending and defensively backtracks when called out. Not to mention he's constantly lying to people about the price. Seen a post where he was telling a guy it was 80+, so if retards want to watch his channel I've go no bone.

Interestingly enough when I first started using /toy/ some people recommended BBTS. It turned out to be the most expensive out of all the options I checked out when accounting for shipping and exchange (Canadiastani).
I just assumed it was stockholm syndrome from transformer collectors or something.
>>
>>6565195
>Anthony has no stable source of income nor any life outside of toys

"Sad nerd" sounds about right. I normally detest the cliche, but the guy really needs to get laid. And hold some measure of responsibility by getting a job.
>>
Alright, gave in and placed an order at a shop near me, where I get most of my toys (not in the USA so hobby shops bring in JP toys for close to the same prices as HLJ and I still get to pick the one I want from their stock in person/guarantees to swap with stock if it's defective). I love revoltech and have been waiting for Yamaguchi to do Wolverine... just really irked that it's this costume and not the classic, but what can you do.

I caved in, mainly because the sculpt looks fantastic other than it being in the wrong pajama set and I already know what kind of fun I'm getting into with revo articulation. I hope you guys are right on this one.
>>
>>6564211
I will when I get mine in!
>>
>>6565136
Only ever used BBTS once and that was for something I missed which I really wanted. Would never choose to shop there often for import figures.
>>
>>6565195
>Interestingly enough when I first started using /toy/ some people recommended BBTS. It turned out to be the most expensive out of all the options

The trick here is to never completely disregard a place. I've found shit on Amazon for cheaper than HLJ/amiami, I've found shit on BBTS for cheaper, etc. Basically, shopping around never hurts, only helps.

But generally, yeah, BBTS is more expensive for most imports. Sometimes you can get stuff off there for cheaper than normal though. I found a boatload of revo's a year back that were actually cheaper there than anywhere else.
>>
>>6565270
That's understandable, it's the only option you had.

>>6565433
That's what everyone should do, look here and there but the problem comes when you have videos like anthony's where he only talks about one store all the time and people who don't know any better belive him and trust him so they either buy from there or they think a figure is overpriced so they pass on it and start talking shit about it.
>>
>>6565041
This is great. He really does deserve any hate we can throw at him. He's a fuckin asshole.
>>
>>6565041
>I'm not trying to sell things!

He has been posting links to buy it on bbts for a while AND links to BBTS on EVERY video.
>>
>>6565656

Tons of reviewers do that though. Guessing BBTS either sponsors them, gives them free stuff, or gives them discounts. Either/all of the above.
>>
File deleted.
>>6565661
BBTS does big outreach to them for free advertising, and has an affiliate linking program that if someone buys something they link, they get money.

>>6565041
So, in his new reply he told you he barely ever mentions BBTS.

Just go to his facebook page. He consistently pushes people to preorder shit on BBTS. It's a weekly thing for him.

He also links them in EVERY single video he makes.

He did it like 8 times in july alone.
>>
File: anthony.png (264 KB, 510x484)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>6565670
>>
>>6565041
I buy basically 90% of my import stuff from HLJ so I obviously disagree, but he's not wrong about the savings VS. customer service thing here. My wolverine came with a fucked up neck and knee, which is normally around my threshold of where I'd return something over. HLJ's options for that are basically "pay a godawful amount to ship it back to us for a replacement sometime next month, or take a 800 yen credit on your next order" though, which are varying degrees of not great. In contrast, BBTS has hooked me up quick 100% of the time I've had something fucked up/broken in the last 5 years, and half the time time they just straight up sent me a replacement no questions asked.

I'll lean towards savings every time, but if I were someone who didn't do a lot of import stuff, I can absolutely see just throwing it onto a monthly BBTS order. And looking at the rest of his videos, it's mostly domestic stuff like legends and neca, so yeah, the worst I can say is he understands his audience.

That said, his actual review was hard to sit through, particularly the articulation part. I'm not a fan of the double shoulder joints either, but literally everything else is fine and he was still whining about it.
>>
>>6565694
I mean, the savings in this case is almost half the cost of the figure.

That's not ever going to work out to a good deal when there are also manufacturer replacement options.

I paid $51 usd effectively for wolverine, shipped ems, from amiami as part of my monthly order.

Assuming I bought him singularly he would have been like $58-59 USD shipped EMS, vs $79 for him from amiami with their slowest cheapest shipping option.

Nope.
>>
Anthony is like that penguin0 reviewer, but zero charisma.
>>
So a week long game of email tag with amiami has now lead me to showing how the Wolverine figure comes apart since DHL wouldn't file the claim for them and take responsibility for a broken figure. I showed them a completely pristine box but had a hard time telling them a piece was rattling around before I even opened it.

So, part of me is thinking that they want to see if parts can come off of the figure and then try and claim that in doing so I ruined the figure. Why does amiami have such shit customer service?
>>
>>6565706
Yeah, 60ish for EMS sounds right, but I think my point could be boiled down to "I think most of his audience is casuals". And again, QC problems with imports are absolutely more of an concern than a $20 legends toy you can take back to walmart.

>>6565722
Honestly, that's part of why I don't use them anymore. Trying to get a return/replacement is hard enough, and then your shit is getting machine translated on top of that. I managed to get some replacement parts for a figuarts once, the other two times they basically stopped responding to me.
>>
>>6565706
>$79 for him from amiami with their slowest cheapest shipping option.

How does he end up being $79 from amiami with sal?
>>
>>6565738
I'm pretty sure he meant bbts. 75+4 cheap shipping.
>>
File: Wolverine7.jpg (234 KB, 720x858)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>6565203

You made a good choice, Anon.
>>
>>6565041
>>6565195
>>6565656
>>6565661
>>6565670
Aren't you supposed to say in the video or the description that you are sponsored because of some shit that happened before on YouTube?
Or does this technically not count because he isn't being paid unless people buy with his link, so it really isnt a "paid promotion"?
>>
>>6565694
When I ordered Spider-Man the first time round, I got one that was defective and had to take the 800 yen. I then purchased another one from BBTS and swapped it. Then I returned the defective one, didn't get charged due to the PayPal refund shipping and BBTS too it back no questions asked; they have good customer service. I'm still not gonna shop there though, the Spider-Man came out to like $80.
>>
>>6565766

Toy reviewers don't disclose shit. Shart and Anthony obviously get free shit from certain companies, and as a result only have good things to say about them. I don't think Shart has ever openly disliked any of many, MANY Kotobukiya statues he reviews.

I kinda get it though. Toy reviewers aren't really "professionals", so nobody is holding them to a higher standard.
>>
>thread turns into whining over some nobody youtuber because he didn't like the Revoltech
wow.

I'm not sure how him being a shill for some random toy store discredits him either, because wouldn't saying the toy is great and must be bought from REFERRAL LINK be the optimal shilling?
>>
>>6565810
No one cares about honesty anyway. Big deal if some reviewer lies to get free shit, he serves himself before the audience. If you valued honesty you'd have backed Bernie Sanders over a lying rich Jew.
>>
>>6565846
He dislikes it for all the wrong reasons and actively spreads false info while being a complete twat.
>>
>>6565846

Not liking the figure is alright. You can not like something. Spreading completely false info though-That the figure costs $70+-Is the issue. It doesn't cost that much, it only costs that much if you buy it from the store he's being paid (or otherwise compensated) to shill, is the problem. Which then makes the figure look doubly bad, because you have a guy shitting on it because he doesn't like it, AND saying it costs $30+ over it's actual retail price.

tl;dr You can shit talk a figure all you want, but lying about it because your sponsor sells shit for a huge mark up is where most people draw a line.
>>
>>6565902
>>6566060
how is it lying if the store he's advertising it for costs that much?

As for everything else, "hamhands" isn't a good excuse to call him a liar over, considering the guy also handles other toys, so it would be more fragile than those other toys.

Still, why the fuck do you care so much about a random youtuber? 50+ posts over a nobody.
You're giving him waaay too much attention, which is pretty similar to what happened with last year's crisis.
>>
>>6566080
fuck off anthony
>>
>>6566080
At best it's willful ignorance.

At worst you're a retard.

Pick one.
>>
>>6566080
>how is it lying if the store he's advertising it for costs that much?

Then call it willfully misrepresenting the price of a figure to possibly enrich his own standing in the eyes of the company he shills for. Whatever. Not mincing words or playing retarded "durr but it is $70 if you're a fuckin' retard and buy it from this place instead of importing it yourself for almost half the cost", saying the figure retails normally for $70 and complaining when you hamhand it's parts off, that it's so expensive, is a lie.
>>
Guys, guys. Anthony being a shill isn't even his real problem. His problem is that he is the worst human at posing action figures that possibly exists. God damn, can he not pose action figures.
>>
>>6565766
I'm pretty sure you have to refer to it as an affiliate link but he's not directly sponsored as in he doesn't get paid everytime he posts the link, just when people use it.
>>
File: deleted comment.jpg (113 KB, 853x739)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Our last exchange before he deleted everything and banned me. I'll admit it was fun while it lasted.

I'm done posting about him now, but if anyone wants a screengrab proving he's a bitch, here you go.
>>
>>6566217
Complaining about amiami not letting you cancel, haha.

All the price point stuff aside, doesn't it take much longer for BBTS to get Japanese figures anyways? Even if you SAL from the usual Japanese sites. I don't live in US btw.
>>
>>6566238

Usually, yes. I have noticed however, with the Marvel revo's, they've been getting them in about the same time as everyone else. Dunno why that seems to be an exception, but it's only been happening recently.
>>
>>6566217
>I rarely even mention them
He links literally every noteworthy release coming out from bbts on his facebook page and links are on everything he uploads.

What a wanker.
>>
>>6566183
And not being able to pose directly impacts how much someone can like a revoltech in the first place after all.
So this isn't really surprising even if "It's not my kind of thing" is a understandable stance to take over "this thing does not aesthetically please me so it's overpriced garbage".
Granted that's also every general on /toy/ when it comes to a domestic or import version of a figure, so having a camera and getting BBTS dosh is the only real difference between an anon shitting himself and Anthony.
>>
>>6566377
I literally just unboxed my revo wolverine.

I hate the shoulders.

I really do.

I still put it in a pose that makes me think
>Oh, well that's clearly the best wolverine since none of the others can do anything good but stand there.

Anthony doesn't get it.

the revo wolverine is for if you want him actually doing shit, every other wolverine is for standing poses.
>>
>>6565722
Amiami used to be legitimately great in the beginning--super low prices and good customer service. The customer service started getting worse and worse, at least partly in response to people trying to take advantage of it. Then HLJ's prices started coming down, they introduced private warehouse, and hell, they've always had great service. They also pack more efficiently, with shrinkwrapping instead of Amiami's heavy paper.

I maintain that there is no real reason to use Amiami anymore, ever. At most you MIGHT save a buck or two with them--that's really not worth the risk if you get a broken or defective toy.
>>
>>6565810
Thew has been critical of free stuff he got from Kapow. But he's always seemed super legit, so I'm not surprised. Even if Kapow dropped him he'd be fine going back to his old schtick. People already mail him toys anyway.
>>
>>6566463
Hlj's new payment system ruined them for a lot of people.
>>
>>6566552
What exactly is their new payment system? Can I not use my debt card on paypal anymore?
>>
>>6566552
I'm actually wondering about that myself. My gut tells me this is gonna screw me over somehow, but I can't tell. I guess the point is so you can't just ignore payment requests anymore, but I don't do that anyway.
>>
>>6566583
Some people like to put off payments until the end of the week so it goes off a fresh paycheck or whatever. HAving a auto-bill can be a pain to be blind-sided with if you're a student or what have you.

I know I only use hlj to get stuff I can't find elsewhere for this reason even though I always have the money on hand. Just feels intrusive.
>>
>>6566556
I don't know whats wrong with it either. Its the same as its always been for me.
>>
>>6566586
OK yeah, that does sound like it could be useful. At least you can still cancel pretty freely, just have to keep abreast of what's dropping and when.
>>
>>6566463
>no real reason to use Amiami anymore, ever.
I recently started using them for some stuff only because they tend to allow multiples. HLJ has a lot of stuff limited to 1 where it's 3 on amiami. Rare cases but it sucks if it's say an army builder character.
>>
>>6566173
>willfully misrepresenting the price of a figure
It's not willful if he is only quoting the only place he knows that sells it.
Lots of people on /toy/ do this and no one gets superbutt hurt about it.

This is the second time I've seen people on /toy/ get super butthurt over this guy reviewing a Japanese toy. The first time /toy/ overreacted is also the first i heard of the guy and the last time i'd ever watch the video.

Seriously not getting why you guys make such a big deal about a nobody.
>>
>>6566849
Not him, but in an open review, acting like that's THE price and the only price is very disingenuous.

Still not worth arguing about really, because him being biased, dishonest, and a shill are well known.
>>
>>6566552
I was really up-in-arms about it at first cause it sounded intrusive like the other anon mentioned, but now I'm pretty alright with it. Sometimes HLJ's emails would go to spam for some reason, and this caused me to nearly miss some payments. Or sometimes I just plain forgot to pay for stuff cause I'd see the email at work and then forget to do it when I got home.

Now it's automated for me, and as long as I make sure I have enough funds allocated, things run smoothly and I don't have to lift a finger. I do understand this doesn't work for everyone though. I wish they had kept the old system as an option.
>>
>>6566217
Ive cancelled preorders with amiami once or twice with no problems. Just dont buy heaps of shit without thinking
>>
>>
>>6567163
Put the stand holding effect behind wolverine so we can actually see the figures.
>>
>>6566880

Can you not use debit with them anymore or something? The new system doesn't fucking mention what can be used.
>>
>>6567260
Yeah, I just set it up again earlier. You either use a card or the PayPal bill agreement thing.
>>
>>6567300

So their regular system now uses debit too? Or do you mean you still had to run through paypal?
>>
>>6567327
You can attach your card as your payment option or you can use the PayPal agreement as your payment.
>>
Got spidey coming in on Tuesday and the Mezco wolverine coming in whenever it drops
My only regret is not getting the yamaguchi wolverine, as it has the articulation I'm really looking for.
>>
>>6567163
>wolverine slashing up and to the right
>the effect is down and to the right
>stand is in the way
shit pic anon
>>
>>6567986
You can still get it. I think it's still in stock on hlj and if it isn't it will 100% get a re-release and the very near future.
>>
>>6568067
Not to mention, that effect piece should ideally be used at an angle, so you can't see the flat piece that's holding them all together. Dude shot it from straight on, at the worst possible angle.
>>
File: IMG_20171008_103308428.jpg (709 KB, 2340x4160)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
Got mine in, he's wonderful, I love him. My cat loves him too.
>>
File: IMG_20171008_105012207.jpg (741 KB, 2340x4160)
741 KB
741 KB JPG
>>6568761
>>
File: IMG_20171008_105159135.jpg (707 KB, 2340x4160)
707 KB
707 KB JPG
>>6568762
>>
>>6568761
>cats
>loving anything

He's just assessing this new clawed threat to his domain before he attempts to crush it.
>>
>>6568761
>>6568762
>>6568768
I prefer the Yamaguchi stylised cat personally.
>>
>>6568846
>Yamaguchi stylised cat
pic related.
>>
File: Majestic.jpg (170 KB, 382x1174)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>6568859
>>
Could anyone compare the revo wolvie to 6inch spizza spidey or something of the like for a size comparison please?
>>
>>6566217
God this guy is a living cringe comp
What the hell does he think he's doing with all that "grown up" shit and the dots beofre the punchline? Shit it's like watching a Sonic or dmc cutscene.
Anyways, looks like a bitch a to me, what is he even on about with the sal shit?
>>
>>6570021
>Shit it's like watching a Sonic or dmc cutscene.
That's what too much Smash Brothers does to one's brain, anon.
>>
>>6566238
You have no idea. They always take fucking AGES to do anything.
>>
I just got wolverine and damn does he look good. I'm having trouble removing all the plastic tho... wtf
>>
has anyone seen amazing yamaguchi stuff go on sale at amiami or hlj in the past? i want to get 2 more gwens if i could get them cheaper
>>
Anywhere else I can preorder Judy besides Amiami?
>>
File: hehehe.gif (314 KB, 543x576)
314 KB
314 KB GIF
>>6568859
>>6568957
>>
File: IMG_20171009_153021405.jpg (945 KB, 2340x4160)
945 KB
945 KB JPG
>>6570004
>>
>>6570504
Nice, seems like they actually made him a little shorter in the 6 inch scale, as he should be. Thanks anon!
>>
File: DSC053500.jpg (343 KB, 1200x828)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>6570370
Got rid of the plastic, posed him a little and had some fun with the camera. Gonna try to take better pictures tomorrow. Love this guy, this is my first revoltech and i'm not disappointed.
>>
File: DSC05346.jpg (402 KB, 1200x900)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>6570725
>>
How is Peace Walker Snake? I love that design, but I want to know what people think of it, and if there are any glaring issues, before I bite the bullet.
>>
>>6570373
AY so far no. I don't think they make or order that much in excess anymore to go on sale that really matters. Last Yamaguchi or Revoltech related sales were with Revol Minis which clearly failed to get enough interested, and the Vulcanlogs which probably had too much confidence and made too many.

AY seems to be popular enough and producing the right amounts.so sales might not happen for a while.
>>
Amazing yamaguchi classic supes and Batman beyond when?
>>
>>6571149
Hopefully never
>>
>>6571149
>Batman beyond
Holy fuck, yes.
>>
>>6571149
Magneto's cape really makes me want a Revo Supes and Bats
>>
>>6571149
Even if they do DC they wont go outside the vanilla JL members and some Batman villains.
>>
Is Evolution Eva-01 a new one or is it the same as the one released in 2011?
>>
>>6571177
I forget the year but it's the same as No. 100, the Evolution body one with the Angel base.
>>
>>6571180
Yup that's the one, thanks anon!
>>
>>6570865
I had him, and he was a great figure. Paved the way for Raiden.
I liked the look although I prefer MGS2/1 Snek vastly. Also comes with stufff so u cant go wrong, unless its your first revo, in which case git gud at posing.
>>
File: BG-koYMCIAAlt3P.jpg (33 KB, 600x450)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>6570865
He's not quite as advanced as Raiden or Venom Snake, but he's still a really great Revo. I'd say get him if you're a fan of the design, he poses really well.
>>
>>6570865
If it's all the same, go with Vulcanlog Venom Snake. Overall an improvement and goes well with current Revoltechs. PW Snake is about Figuarts size if that matters.
>>
>>6571149
>>6571173

Batman, Soup Hermann, Joker, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman and the line is finish.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a Batman beyond... maybe Clayface, Catwoman, Hush or Red Hood Jason Todd but I know it never happen.
>>
>>6571334
A Nightwing would be dope or a Robin
>>
>>6571334
>Catwoman
I think she has a decent chance if they do explore Batman characters because she has that need for high articulation.

I'm not sure why but when I look into which female characters I want for AY it's mostly DC. I don't have that strong of a preference for either Marvel or DC but with the ladies it's skewed.
>>
Here's an update on AmiAmi customer service getting back to me about my broken shoulder pad piece on Wolverine. They're STILL asking for more pictures after I've circled the problem area and shown them how he detaches at the joints. Right now they want a picture of all the parts that can be "safely" removed on the arm of the figure so I sent a picture of the upper torso with one side pulled completely apart while the other in intact. I'm hoping they want that information so that they can send me a whole new upper arm piece so they don't risk breaking the shoulder armor balljoint but at this point I am not sure I will ever use AmiAmi ever again.
>>
File: 1424936390335.jpg (89 KB, 960x557)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>6571304
Venom Snake is bit of a step up in articulation and engineering, and definitely has more/funner accessories to fool around with, but it's not a huge divide really. Both are good figures. And to be honest, I kinda like playing with and posing my PW Snake more. He seems to have a better center of balance, and is just more fun to regularly pose for me somehow. Whereas, to be honest, I left my Venom Snake in one cool pose and haven't really touched him in two months or so.
>>
Hey, anons. Do you know of any figures or standalone joints that could be used to place a figma head on a Revoltech body? Particularly Queen's Blade bodies.

I know you can use the neck joint from Eva figmas, but I'd rather not hunt those down.
>>
File: power girl.jpg (64 KB, 609x479)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>6571362
>I'm not sure why but when I look into which female characters I want for AY it's mostly DC. I don't have that strong of a preference for either Marvel or DC but with the ladies it's skewed.

I just have one in mind.
>>
>>6571222
>>6571246
>>6571304
>>6571380
Thanks anons, appreciate the input. I'll order PW Snake this weekend, and probably grab Venom down the road.
>>
Next >>6574588

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.