[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 48 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: FIG-KAI-2229_04.jpg (53 KB, 600x685)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Christmas is coming folks so instead of starting it late lets start a discussion about another possible /toy/ secret Santa early. I feel like the idea was positioned way too late last year and contributed to the low participation rate.

So last year was a mixed depending on who you talk to with 3 grinches which usually wouldn't be too bad but we had less than 20 participants. The old organizers requirement for proof of address was a good idea but not sure if anything came out of it.

Anyways while it's still early just post your thought's and opinions on participating in another one this year.

I have personally thought about organizing this year but I would probably post in stricter regulations such as a buy in system which is the only way to filter out grinches and poorfags.

Post your thoughts about the idea in general or discuss past years hauls and disappointments and let out all that pessimism and bitterness that comes out when these threads are usually discussed.

Also
http://www.strawpoll.me/14096891
>>
no No NO!

It’s a fuck up year after year. People get scammed, endless whining and trolling. It’s not happening. Never again. Just no.

If you want to participate then join /co/‘s, they actually know what they are fucking doing.
>>
>>6567729
>It's this guy AGAIN
I've done it 3 years and a row and it's always been great

I'm in.

On the Mega Bloks I've seen a SS but just for them
>>
One year I gave like $100 worth of gifts away. Some imports, lego, etc. Got two used Marvel Legends figures in return. Second year I gave nearly $200 worth of figures, including some vintage stuff I had to track down and decorated the package and insides with a bunch of original art and cards. got nothing in return.

So no, I won't be doing this again this year. Yes, the giving is the important part, but its clear assholes just take this as a free ride.
>>
>>6567738
Oh fuck off, the only reason you would be okay with this after 3 years in a row if you were one of the scammers.
>>
>>6567401
No, this is the third year where I beg you fucks to take up /co/'s method of Secret Santa's. Instead of giving one person $100 worth of stuff you can instead gift others one /toy/ thing only off a Amazon wishlist >>6567755

Their way of doing things has worked really well for several years straight and the naughties are really easy to keep check of.
>>
>>6567773
You fuck off, you bitched about trolls in the first post because you're the fucking troll. You were rooted out as a samefag last year anyway.

>>6567755
Dude you totally overextended. $200 is a bit exreme
>>
>>6567782
Yeah even though anons claim amazon isnt the best place to get rare or obscure stuff, it is getting better and better when it comes to jap figures, they're better than jap sites when it comes to major releases like megaman, legend of zelda, star wars, and some toku. I would only join if you made it /co/'s way. If there was a way we can have amazon wishlist be mandatory to join and for each anon to give his address along with it just in case someone has other or extra stuff to give.
>>
>>6567738
Yeah the mega ss is kill, quote a few anons didn't like the system I was using
>>
>>6567795

Rooted out? The fuck you talking about? I’m not trolling, I’m warning people to the reality that most people get scammed year after year. You might want to look up the definition of trolling. And that second post isn’t even me.
>>
>>6567401
/toy/ SS really is the nightmare before Christmas.. not again please. If you really care about giving gifts then give to charity or loved ones this Christmas and make a difference, not line the shelves of a Grinch’s bedroom.
>>
>>6567810
So instead of 1, 2 people got scammed

>>6567821
It's not a nightmare its just a troll that fucking samefagged every thread
>>
I like the Amazon wishlist idea.

I think you should keep it relatively small/cheap, so if someone gets grinched it's not a huge loss. Also a soft guideline on what you should spend. Like you are expected to spend around $30, more is fine, but expect $30 back.
>>
Can anyone shitting on this post any posts, or number or stats, anything really to back up the claim that the /toy/ ss is mostly grinches and scamming?

I've seen every secret santa event this board has had and participated in most of them. I have never been grinched or done so. The only complaint I can give is having had some crap gifts. Mostly just my santa sending whatever instead of keeping it related to my wishlist.

Not going to lie though, every single one of the /toy/ secret santas has had grinching. Though I can't say its to the level the naysayers would have one believe. As far as I can tell these are always mostly a success.

Not sure how to make it work better except to adopt the /co/ way, as one anon suggests (again). In years past the argument against this did have merit, but as another poster said amazon stocks a lot more japanese toys than they used to.
>>
>inb4 “Sorry I can’t gift my giftee because I have bills to pay and I’m too busy with school but thanks for the great gifts I received! Bye!”

If I had a penny..
>>
I enjoy the christmas salt
>>
Got grinched last year but got a backup santa parcel from the same guy I was assigned to, which was pretty neat.

I moved over to /a/s SS this year, they just have their shit way more together for this stuff and the price tiers let you set your risk level. It's always a lot of fun putting together a package for someone but the threads for /toy/s SS are complete fucking cancer.
>>
>>6567873
There was 4 grinches last year out of less than 20 people. Don't know what it's been in previous years but the last one was especially awful.

Last year's santa had dox on the grinches, don't know if anyone salvaged it though.
>>
I only took part once, two years ago, and from what I remember it went mostly alright. The real issue was that the organizer was some dude in college, and fell off the map during much of the time, so it could take like a week to get an email back from him.

That year, he said we had over 80 participants, and I think we only ended up with a couple grinches. We set a limit of $30 that year, and many people (including myself) went above and beyond that.

I thought it was fun, and tons of people posted what they received in the mail, so clearly the majority of people actually received their stuff. The real animosity came from shitters who probably didn't even take part shitposting in the thread about how they were grinching people.
>>
>>6568021
We didn’t get any stats that year because he completely vanished near the end. And that year people posted their hauls and thanked their Santa’s, last year I think only two or three people posted what they got and very few got an actual thank you for the effort they went through.

I’ve been following SS for the last three years and last year’s was absolute cancer to say the least and I don’t want that repeated again.
>>
>>6567782
the thing about /co/s format is that they can make a proper full-month event out of it. There's fuckloads of comic sharing, a bunch of people do regular movie/cartoon streams, there's art and story contests. There's all kinds of things that get eyeballs into the threads and by extension get people ordering gifts for others.

You can't really do any of that stuff with /toy/, at least not in a way that keeps the threads on-topic. And it's a much smaller, slower board, you need to rely on a higher percentage of people to shell out cash with even less accountability than there is in the traditional format. You'll just have a situation where everybody drops a wishlist into the pastebin and then fucks off waiting to get a free toy.
>>
>>6568084
Another thing /co/ has going for them is that they are nicer people in general. /toy/ is full of whiny assholes. I frequent the doll threads and every thread frequently has people coming in and trolling for no purpose at all.
>>
Who's santa this year?
>>
>>6568194
No one. This is a hypothetical gathering of interest at current.
>>
>>6568202
You be santa
>>
I got grinched last year, and the year before that I got used toys and bootlegs that weren't exactly relevant to what I like.

not participating this year, I have a bad taste in my mouth from participating.
>>
Why do people give out $100 worth of stuff?

Legitimately asking, if I was throwing out Secret Santa ideas I'd be keeping it cheap to begin with, there's plenty of stuff that doesn't cost much that I haven't picked up like Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock or the Lego City Van & Caravan set, cheap stuff that won't burden people that I'll still enjoy.

Nobody should need $100+ of stuff to be happy with a secret santa. Anything is something.
>>
>>6568281
First year I did it it was a $30 price range, I got a NECA Caesar and loved it.

Second year I did a $40 price range and got a Revo MEtal Gear guy, a Parademon, and somethign else

Last year I got an AWESOME MEga Bloks tank and a WHOLE squadron. It was th etits. I was moving so I didn't get a chance to build that for months.

What I send year 1 was a LEgo monster truck, year 2 I honestly forget, and last year I sent Figma Sherlock Hound
>>
>>6568281
>Nobody should need $100+ of stuff to be happy with a secret santa. Anything is something.

That's why usually there actually IS a limit set to about $30 or so.

Coming in, you should only expect to get something at that much. Its really up to you if you want to go over that. If people spend $100, then that is up to them.
>>
>>6568291
Exactly, I think it's nice people are so generous but when that person gets scammed or doesn't get what they wanted, they whine and bitch. It's your fault for giving so much and expecting so much in return. There's a 50/50 chance here that either you'll get what you want or be disappointed.
>>
A couple of options here,
1. Do the /co/ method since it is supposedly much better
2. To enter you pay a deposit of $10 which is refunded on successful gift giving, this may seem sketchy but will deter Grinches who don't want to pay jack shit and only get free stuff.
I could elaborate more but you get the gyst.
>>
i know it means nothing, but id like to say something.
im sorry, dude that i grinched. i was a massive faggot, and i really wish iv'e gotten the stuff i got for you to you.

I was super hyped and hoped you'd like it.

But [bullshit] happened and it never went out.

i felt super guilty and passed the stuff you sent off to other people. couldnt enjoy it with a clean mind.
>>
>>6568314
Kek of course you did.. shouldn't have entered in the first place. If you already had the stuff why didn't you just send it? Your story doesn't add up. It's not like going to a post office is such a BIG hassle.
>>
What happens with people outside of America? I'm in Australia and Amazon has a lots of toys that won't send to here.
Are international santas matched up with each other?
>>
>>6568574
Just for the sake of simplicity, (I’m from the UK myself) SS should probably stick to North America only, just a lot less hassle with expensive shipping, customs fees and that it can take forever to get there in general.
>>
>>6567858 >>6567782

As others have said unless your only buying books like /co/ usually is Amazon is pretty much shit for anyone looking to participate who is out of the USA because when it comes to figures Amazon usually has fuck availability and is full of scalpers.

>>6568194
I'd be down to do it but I would be implementing stricter guidelines such address and age verification and a buy in to lock out actual poor fags and the kids who lurk here.

I will attest to the fact that a lot of the negativity does come from trolls who dont participate. Either way depending on the outcome of this thread if the interest is there I would like to start signups on the 15th. Also if last years Santa is lurking this thread and has access to his emails. Please reach out to me Dan C from last year.
>>
>>6568641
Kek I was like who gets books on /co/? I always get DVDs and blu rays of animated stuff. I use /co/ for cartoon discussion, always forget its for comic books too.
>>
I'm definitely in this year! The last two years were great. I don't think my friends will be doing much, but dammit I want to spoil some one again this year.
>>
File: 1506719037254.gif (1.88 MB, 480x264)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB GIF
>>6568641
While I agree about Amazon's pricing being a bit much you stand very little risk at getting fucked over like you guys do repeatedly for YEARS on end and unless weeb figure sites like amiami and the like can do wishlist gifting like Amazon does you're going to be stuck with slightly pricier figs.

>Less people risk getting screwed over
>Jap Figures might cost a little more because of scalpers
>But that's also why you put more than one item on your wishlist

It's a much better trade off really.

BritbongAmazon and Amazon.de (which ships pretty much all over EU) has plenty figures too.

>A lot of the negativity does come from trolls who dont participate.

Wow really now? And you plan on running this thing? Shrugging genuine concerns and complaints off as trolls is the exact same foolish behaviour that lead you guys to repeating the same god damn mistakes as the previous years.

Maybe just maybe there's a reason why /toy/ anons like >>6568269 don't participate in this years, maybe it's your outright refusal to learn from last years mistakes.
>>
>>6568726
t. grinch
>>
I can’t help but feel that the people that push for this to happen year after year are the Grinches who can’t wait to get their hands on free shit..
>>
>>6568574
If I ran it I would try to keep the matchups country or time zone based to prevent excess shipping charges which personally happened to last year so I wasn't able to spoil my Santa as much as I wish I could have. It's no fun when your planned budget gets eaten up by excess shipping costs.

>>6568729
Never said I was shrugging off the genuine complaints but this is an objective fact. The fact that even after it started last year 75% of the threads were dominated by people whining and complaining despite not even participating is well known with multiple accounts of samefagging. The fact last years event had sub 20 participants but had multiple 300 post topics with people just whining about grinches. Ialso stated I would be implementing more measures during signup to prevent grinches which is literally addressing said concerns. Shit the literal point of this thread is to gather opinions and concerns.
>>
>>6567401
I want to join SS (lol) for a few years already. but dont know... Im poor and never could decide what gift i would give to a person.

This year thankfully i have picrelated - unopened and very new Lego set in a box. This what i would send to somebody.

Im just a newfag here.
How it works?
Somebody sends me a gift. And i will send him a gift too?
But...what if he will send me a pair of mittens and i will send him this cool lego set? It would suck...
Please explain?
Also im from europe so when im buying stuff on ebay i usually pay 20-30-40$ for Shipping...
>>
I've done /co/'s secret santa for a couple years now but I haven't been around fora /toy/ one. How exactly was it run before?
>>
>>6568792
>>6568793
I've only done it one year but from experience. One Anon is the main organizer who consolidates and handles sign ups and matching. Santa also provides communication between Santas and giftees as a middleman.

Anons are usually given an email to sign up with and are required the following.

Their contact email
Their Address
A wishlist of sorts stating what they collect, what they would like or if they would prefer to be surprised.

Last year added the requirement of proof of address. (a photo of a letter, or a package with the users address) with the risk of having that info exposed if you were a deadbeat.

Also I think anon asked if you were willing to do international shipping or would prefer not to.

Anons are usually matched up to each other via randomization.

Then you either buy your gifts and ship it personally or you use a online store like amazon, amiami, hlj and ship from the store directly.

Obviously there is a risk of getting "grinched" which is someone not reciprocating by giving their santa a gift be it pure selfishness or external circumstances. Some kind anons sometimes offer to be backup Santas but that's a rarity.

That's the gist of it. The anonymous nature of 4chan makes it more entertaining compared to other communities that do it like reddit. Withholding the trolling and shitposting having anons post pictures of packages prior to shipping, unboxing threads, thank you posts, anons showing off gifts they bought for there Santa's it can be pretty fun.

Last year someone sent homemade cookies a long with their gift. Some anons send hand drawn cards. There's a lot of gag gifts as well.

If this does happen this year all I can say is sign up for the enjoyment of giving, making someone else happy and hopefully if they're not an ungrateful fuck. Seeing someone across the country/globe unpack something you gave them instead of signing up for the hopes getting something good you probably could've just bought for yourself.
>>
>>6568839
I think you should include a 2 week period of signing up, set a purchase limit (say USD $50) and match people who have similar tastes in their wishlist.

Have a 2 week period for purchasing, present a proof of purchase before the deadline and weed out those who do not comply.

Then those left without any matches can look at a list of things already purchased (with proof) and select from there.

It's a gamble doing secret santa with anonymous people so minimizing grinches with a strict deadline and at a low purchasing requirement would be cost effective.

Just a thought.
>>
>>6568641
I'd buy in but would want my money back
>>
>>6568855
Was aiming for a 3 week because the signups were too short and too late last year. The problem with purchase limits is no one actually abides by them. Some people just want to be generous

>>6568858
A buy in would definitely get your money back. I was considering a high buy in amount to lock out grinches and poorfags. With Grinch's losing their deposit with it going directly to the grinchee to buy whatever they want. There's obviously a huge element of trust and a large amount of concerns that come with it.
>>
>>6568875
I thin purchase limit is mostly just a suggestion anyway.
>>
>>6568875
That sign up period sounds reasonable. You have to have a purchase limit though. Being generous is fine and appreciated, but some people start expecting something of the same value they gave out. You can set it higher by all means, but set a limit. I think somewhere between $50-$70 is reasonable. It's low risk and weeds out poorfags that cannot afford that and makes it safe for richfags who can afford more.
>>
I joined one year and it turned out ok.
But ultimately kind of underwhelming.
a number of grinches I kind of expect. But what totally put my off is the way /toy/ shits all over the people who've lost out and loudly declare success because the majority got what they wanted.
If anything I think the bar should be lowered far far more so people expect only silly trinkets and losing out isn't an issue. And those richfags who give way too much actually make it worse for everyone else. They'd be better off saving that extra to cover people who get nothing.
Only bootlegs below $20 or something.
>>
>>6568929
>But what totally put my off is the way /toy/ shits all over the people who've lost out and loudly declare success because the majority got what they wanted.

I don't think I've ever seen this happen. Also, it pretty much is a success if all but a couple people don't get anything. That's why there's usually backup/substitute buyers to help out the people who get fucked over. At that point, its up to the Organizer to help that situation out. That's why there's an organizer, and backup Santas to begin with. Its not everyone else's fault when a couple shitters don't pull through.

>If anything I think the bar should be lowered far far more so people expect only silly trinkets and losing out isn't an issue.

At that point, there'd be almost no point in doing it. $30 is already pretty low on a board where, in general, an entry-level action figure is over $20 to begin with. And the whole point is no one really wants trash, so why set it so low that there's really nothing to get but literal garbage?

A better idea is that if you can't afford it, don't buy in, maybe. This is an optional thing for people who can afford it to do it for fun for some holiday spirit. Not for poorfags to feel forced to have to stretch themselves thin.
>>
File: IMG_8516.jpg (37 KB, 500x375)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>6568941
Hence the $50 limit and proof of purchase. Maybe make it a minimum of $50 and a maximum of $70. It's more than enough for a trinket, maybe enough for accessories or small items, or maybe even unopened figs from Mandy. Spending more than what was agreed upon will be the giver's own fault.

Or you know, you could be an ass and buy a $400 iPod.
>>
>>6568941
If you are poor or know there may be a potential problem then don’t enter, simple as.
>>
>>6568775
Another option is if your santa is in a different country, then order from a website that's inside their country and have it shipped directly. Little less fun cos you can't personalise stuff, but you could always send a separate card.

Perhaps during sign up say if you're international to list a few websites that are good from your own country, or to list some international websites that don't cost much to ship to your country. So your santa doesn't have to do extra research
>>
>>6569028

Well, sometimes in the past there have been two pools of people; Those who were ok with shipping internationally, and those who just wanted to ship domestically.

From what I remember in years past, there are usually only a handful of people outside of the US who participate anyway, so it usually doesn't end up being a problem.
>>
>>6569028
Dont know what the fuss over personalisation is, I just want my shit.
>>
>>6569063
I haven't participated in /toy/ secret santa, but in /cgl/ secret santa people love drawing in cards and doodling on wrapping paper etc.
>>
>>6568876
The buy limit should be more like a requirement of buy something worth this much [$30] and you can do more if you want. But 30 should be the minimum
>>
>>6569189
That sounds like a better idea
>>
>>6569189
$30 as a minimum is fine, people asking for $70 can fuck off, greedy bastards. A toy I want is $120 but I’m not gonna start whining that the limit should be raised to that just so I can get it for free. Just be grateful you are getting something, a lot of poor kids won’t be getting shit this Christmas.
>>
How about the others? Does $30-$50 USD (minimum and maximum expenditure) sound reasonable to you?
>>
>>6569277
I participated for two years and skipped last year's only because I was moving. It was fun, and I'm up for doing it this year.

~$50 sounds about right.
>>
$30 minimum
$10 buy in through PayPal friends and family so you can't make a claim, it will be returned in full if no one is grinched. If someone is grinched the organizer will take some of the buy in money to buy that anon one gift and give back the rest to those who bought in. So you might get $7 back at the end of this
No max amount you can spend if you wanna spend $200 on some anon go ahead, you don't get to whine saying you didn't get enough in return.
Must provide amazon wishlist, a list of other things you wish to get for xmas, address with proof, a small paragraph about things you like, email, paypal email, proof of shipping(post office offers receipts), proof of purchase about a week or more ahead of deadline.
Also two pools of people those who are willing to ship outside of usa and anons stuck outside and where they're willing to ship.
Your Amazon/xmas wishlist should have maybe 20 toys with many being under 30 so an anon can pick without stressing that they only got you one $30 toy or that you only have $90 toys on your wishlist.
>>
>>6569325
Sounds good anon, make your santa email
>>
>>6567930
same
I come for the drama
>>
>>6568314
>had the stuff but didn't send it
wew lad
>>6568774
obviously
>>
>>6569325
Sounds good, though a maximum should be I’m place but with a warning that you do so at your own risk.
>>
>>6569325
Set an early deadline for proof of purchase for toys. I'm thinking no later than the November 10. Anyone who doesn't submit will be taken off SS.
>>
>>6569391
I agree. Set a maximum limit so it's clear.
>>
I've already committed myself to the SS over on /a/ and I always do streaming stuff on /co/s Christmas event. I wholeheartedly approve there being some kind of reform to /toy/s format but I won't be able to invest myself into it this year regardless. Maybe if the results are more positive I'll give it a go again next year.
>>
I have participated for the past 2 years and have gotten kick ass gifts for my giftees.

From my Santa the first year, he ignored my list and got random stuff I see pegwarm at TRU
The next year I got grinched.

Call me a fool, but I just.. Idunno. I feel like when I finally do get a cool thing from someone it will be worth it. Plus it feels good to put together a box of goodies for my giftees so consider me in.

I would however appreciate a stricter set of rules though, that's what we need.
>>
last year Santa posted the grinches.
I bookmarked it, but it was on my old laptop. Does anyone else have the list? It was only 3 guys I think
>>
>>6569907
If everyone is telling the truth in this thread (I have doubts) then there were more than just three.
>>
>>6570108
Nope he's right there were only 3. Possibly 2 because some anon came out of the woodwork and stated he just missed the shipping deadline when they were outed but I don't know how true that was. I offered consolation prizes to the grinchees and was a backup santa for one. Like I said earlier in the thread people tend to blow shit out of the water but those who have been grinched have all rights to be upset.
>>
>>6570109
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/thread/6079528/#6120113

There were 4 grinches, assuming it's true that someone missed the shipping deadline than it was 3. Which still means that the grinch rate last year was an atrociously bad 20%
>>
File: 1484084107926.jpg (62 KB, 375x1007)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>6570358
>>
>>6570367
>Single
you don't say
>>
Lmao.

Way too late last year? I didn't get to sign up and I started looking for it mid October.

Dude, you are autistic. It was obviously early last year, and it's even earlier this year. We're fucking 2.5 months away from Christmas.

If anything the reason for the "low participation rate" last year was because you guys did everything in Early October. By the time most people looked for a Secret Santa thread, the list was long closed - BEFORE NOVEMBER.

Madness. Absolute fucking madness.
>>
>>6568281
>Why do people give out $100 worth of stuff?

Probably they have no one meaningful in their lives. I feel a little sorry for those people who spend so much on a /toy/ secret santa. Like, come on dude. Donate to a charity.
>>
>>6570393
/a/ has been taking applications since last week with an october 28 cutoff and they have hundreds of participants. They always do it earlier than /toy/ ever has and they've had exponentially better turnout and exponentially less cancer, year after year.

When you wait until black friday to set shit up you can't get your orders in and sent out to your assignment on time. Shipping times aren't rocket science.
>>
Are there any commies/budhists that will gave me toys for free?
>>
File: IMG_8523.jpg (59 KB, 558x634)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>6570393

Lmao.

I think it's safe to assume that people here won't use EMS on something not meant for themselves. If you get something online by late October - December, you will probably not get it on time.
>>
>>6570367
>the faces of 4chan's /toy/
>>
File: Eww.jpg (1.18 MB, 2096x2856)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>6570367
>Guy Fawkes mask.
>>
>>6570393

I'm pretty sure that's not the case at all.

I remember last year it started in November sometime. The year before that it started in October, though. Maybe that's what you're remembering.

But the truth of the matter is, people will always bitch, no matter what. Half the people will complain because it opened up too early, the other half will complain that it opened too late.

And then in the end, plenty of people will wait until a week or two before Christmas anyway, and be cutting it pretty close.
>>
>>6567998
>4 out of less than twenty
That's practically 25%
>>
>>6568641
I would love to praticipate, but I am an actual poorfag.
>>
fag from /k/ here
I've done /a/k/cgl/toy/r9k sekrit santas and yeah I've been burned like twice but who the fuck cares, its not about gaining shit its about fucking giving shit. Don't want to give away 100 bucks? give 5. /toy/ also gives the best.
>>
>>6572439
That’s not how it works..
>>
>>6571450
Shoo! Shoo!
>>
I'm down
>>
Bumpin.
>>
Sounds fun; I would love to participate.
>>
>>6572476
I'll never leave.
>>
>>6569903
You're not just a fool, you're exactly the kind of idiot perpetuating this awful shit.
You have a lottery mentality. Maybe you'll get nothing maybe you'll get something. Hopefully you get $200 of stuff. And everyone who participates is thinking the same thing.
>>
i wanna set this up but I'm in college, so I'll disappear in 2 weeks
>>
>>6567401
>http://www.strawpoll.me/14096891

Bumping as I would like to get to 50 votes on the poll before the week mark. Other than a buy in any other suggestions for an extended ruleset. Buy in amount?
>>
Is there a way where everyone cod buy in for 5 or 10 dollars and that money be used for any grinchings that pop up? So like it gos in to a patreon or something and is held until the end if there aren't any grinches then it gets refunded.
>>
>>6567401
I missed it last year but the one before that was great definitely will join and might even back up santa.
>>
>>6577687
$10 or $15. but if 20+ people sign up then make it $10. because then you have over $200 to work with for the grinched
>>
I’d be interested in doing secret Santa if I didn’t get ripped off in the last secret Santa I did (Reddit)
>>
>>6577894
Reddit secret santa is a shit show due to the popularity of the site. You get a lot of clearly underaged kids signing up with the hopes of being spoiled or lucking out with someone who gives too much. (not saying that isn't an issue here.) That's actually why I was thinking of proof of age implementation on top of address.
>>
>>6577941
That sounds good OP. But there's any easy workaround to that (by taking a pic of the parents' driver's license and blurring out everything else except the age and address).
>>
>>6577891
Or the organiser is a grinch and takes the $200
I'm generally against SS but this year I have some stuff to give so it doesn't matter so much to me.
Fuck your buy in nonsense.
>>
File: Santa01.jpg (67 KB, 630x420)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Positioning a ruleset mainly the same as last year.

Organizer sets up a email address used for matching.

Each participant will Email the organizer the following if willing to participate.

Full Name*
Alias*
Country of Origin
Wishlist or interest list
Willingness to ship or buy for cross region giftees.

Appended Rule*: Proof of Address with Proof of ID. Participants much send proof of address with their full address and full name as well as identification verifying the users age and real name matches address. Only the organizer will have access to the participants real name. Users will be able to assign themselves a alias so they can correspond with their santa via the board.

Possible Rule: Lets be real backup santas are a rarity. A patreon or donation site where a small donation fee could either be used to A: Buy grinchees a consolation gift though it would be the boards decision on what or B: Donate to christmas related charity like Make a Wish or Child's play or some shit.

The concerns about the 2nd rule are definitely real and I can definitely see how wary people could be of that one and honestly the real Name/ID/Address with the risk of getting doxxed seems to be good enough. Last year only verified address which could've easily been bypassed. Though that has a trust value as well.

Price limits:
Minimum $40USD pre shipping, Maximum of $80USD. Lets be real this is an expensive hobby and no one is going to be enforced if they dont abide by a maximum value.

Recommended shipping deadline of December 8th and final deadline of January 5th. January 5th is late as fuck but shit happens during the holidays.

Mandatory Rule: Hauls must be shared and you must thank your Santa. Even if their gift shitty and you plan on being sarcastic.

Strawpoll on Rules.
http://www.strawpoll.me/14165695
>>
>>6582199
So after all the discussion you’ve backtracked and this rule set is no different from last year and will be abused to shit. Buy in needs to happen, giving of Facebook pages needs to be given. The more wary the participants the better, it weeds out scammers. No one is going to donate to the grinch victim fund unless it is mandatory to enter.
>>
This whole thing just gives me a real bad feeling.. participate at your own risk.
>>
>>6582584
Yeah that's way too much personal info. Especially for an anonymous board. Not trying to get phished.
>>
File: 1498533719717.jpg (68 KB, 519x519)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
I would love to do this, but in all reality it seems like a fucking bad idea.

If you want to have some holiday spirit, donate some bad ass toy to a charity. I'm sure it will be a better choice.
>>
Would it be allowed for me to enter my giftees info on amazon an order a package to their house that way? I don't mean using a wish list, but rather instead of ordering something to my house and then shipping, could I just ship from the website to them or would that be frowned upon?
>>
>>6582199
No one is going to give you their ID.

>>6582818
This was allowed in the past. Boring but allowed.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.