[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Post any questions you have that are not worthy of their own thread;
does anyone own pic related? how well does her, and by extent the entire line's accessories fit with other 1:12 scale figures, I.E figmas and such.
>>
>>6572901
Thanks for this thread, I've been wanting to ask this question but didn't want to start a thread for these figures I've never seen anyone talk about.

Herocross is making a hybrid metal figure of Scrooge McDuck, that seems to only be sold from their website. The figure is $77 but the shipping for it is $260. Am I reading it wrong? How can it cost $260 to ship.
Also anyone have any of this brand of figures to vouch for quality?
>>
>>6572901
I had the Quentin Tarantino variant of one of the Crazy 88s and his katana fit pretty well into female figma hands. The handle was surprisingly tiny for a neca/mcfarlane scale figure
>>
File: images.jpg (23 KB, 434x700)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
I know nothing about Vocaloid or Statueshit, but I won this at an arcade in Nara.

Is it something that is likely to increase in value and be worth selling later?

If not, I'm going to open it up and keep it as a souvenir. Pretty ko-wa-ee.
>>
>>6574231
If you got it in an Arcade, is very likely it isn't worth much. They usually run for 25 to 60 deppending on quality/rarity, but that's about it
>>
>>6574252
Yeah, it's around $30 on Ebay right now. I'll crack it open, then!
Some of the other stuff I've won turned out to be worth a fair bit, so figured I'd ask.
$100 Studio Ghibli towel set and a Sailor Moon commemorative music box that's goin' for $300+.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 800x1012)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
Speaking of Kill Bill, are the Diamond Select figures ever going to released?

Go Go,at least looks better than the old McFarlane figure, plus mine is in pieces after shelf tumbling a few times.
>>
>>6574418
>$30 on Ebay

That's scalper pricing too. Prize figures are $12-18 on release, and most usually drop from there. On a rare occasion, one may rise over $25. On super rare occasions, one in 300 may actually be worth something.

Miku shit will always bin. They're overproduced.
>>
I'm brazilian and I used to create several threads on /toy/ (you probly have read one of them). But since the last two weeks I'm IP banned from posting threads, I can only reply them. It says that my country is blocked in 4chan, and I should get a 4chan Pass to create threads (around $20 USD).

Should I get this pass? This is my favorite toy forum, and I have several ideas for threads.
>>
>>6572908

Do you live in what country? You can try a proxy to get a cheaper shipping.
>>
>>6574511
They finally released the Pulp Fiction figures so there's still hope.
>>
>>6575550
I live in the US, it says it ships from china.
>>
Does anyone collect the PAK DC variants line.

Which do I get between Hawkman and Harley?
>>
>>6575545

Bump, please help.
>>
>>6572901
I've had a million questions for a thread like this but now I've forgotten them all.
>>
>>6576893
There's no reason to give Hiroshimoot your hard-earned shekels. Did you try resetting your IP? If all else fails you can just post from another county's proxy.
>>
>>6576984
Or hijack other threads of similar nature. Just don't give Jewt money for such tomfoolery.
>>
Where can I find the Adult toys thread?
>>
>>6577727
/jp/
>>
File: IMG_7701.jpg (398 KB, 1242x1411)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
Any tips on getting old sticker residue off a clamshell?
>>
File: SPAWNADV-5.jpg (54 KB, 309x365)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Anyone have or had access to Cy-Gor from the Adventures of Spawn line? Is this poseable? I have found it for a good price, but I don't want a statue, I would like at least some level of posability.
>>
>>6572908
Shipping to the good ol' US of A is a mere 20 dollarydoos. As someone else suggested, get a proxy or some other way to ship to you.
>>
File: knee.jpg (73 KB, 833x629)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
What is the best way to tighten a figma joint?

Specifically the double-hinge disc things they use for Knees?
>>
>>6579923

I'd say try futureshine. As long as it's friction based, it should tighten it.
>>
>>6579927

I was wondering because these joints seemed like they are sealed super-tight. I think just dabbing on it would result in any liquid running-off the surface.

Do I have to risk pulling it apart?
>>
>>6579933

Just take the joint out of the figure (if you can), and drip some between the crack of the joint. Work the joint a bit to spread the liquid that seeps inside around, and let it sit for 24 hours.
>>
>>6579904
Well like I said it ships from the company making its own website and only has 1 shipping method that is 260, are you saying a proxy will pay the 260 for me an only take 20 from me for the service? I've never used a proxy mail service so I don't know how they work.
>>
>>6579799
Some heat on the residue... then use masking tape to lift it up. Rinse and repeat. That or goo gone.
>>
>>6579870
Basically a brick with cut/swivels on upp arms, waist and wrist if memory serves me right.
>>
Hi /toy/, are Threezero's 1/6 scale figures worth pre-ordering? Is the quality worth the price or do retail versions deviate a lot from the prototype pictures, looks wise? I'm asking because I kinda like pic realated, but don't know whether the price will drop after release.
>>
>>6582272
I got guts and skullknight, both looked like the pictures and posed well. I don't know how prices work out for original works or obscure stuff. But big property stuff the prices usually go up. So if you have the money and the need.
>>
>>6574231
Name of the figure? That design is hella cute.
>>
>>6579923
>>6579927
>>6579933
>>6579936
There's a guide for the Polynian joints to make them tighter, and it's very good. Also lasts longer than the floor polish method. I've fixed several Figmas and other brands with it.
You have to take it apart, but it's easy and you just need to so slow and not hamhand it.
>>
>>6576940
Don't blame yourself anon, we're just juman after all

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.