[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 28 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Meta on /qa/ only.
All meta discussion of boards is to be redirected to /qa/.

File: il_570xN.205715070.jpg (116 KB, 387x318)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
A thread for Barbie dolls, Disney dolls, and any dolls that aren't Monster High/Ever After High or BJD.

previous thread >>6580044
>>
File: 45736-126751[1].jpg (52 KB, 1024x517)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Mattel needs to release one of these dolls in the "purple top shade".

They are long sold out here, and going for very high prices in secondary market.
>>
>>6620700
I want an Asian mtm too and I can't fucking find any at a normal price and it's pissing me off. Went to toys r us yesterday, all the black mtm in the yellow top are shelf warming. When will Mattel learn.
>>
>>6620700
I got the Karate MtM Barbie a few moths ago at Toys R Us. They are the only store to carry them in my area. Shes one of the few MtM dolls I didn't buy to do a head swap project with because I thought she was cute. I was slightly let down by her white pants. I thought they would be soft or silky smooth. Instead the white pants were hard, and felt more like jeans. Her pony tail also suffered from some box hair issues, and I couldn't fix it. I'm still happy I got her since shes ultra cute. They are all currently sold out at my Toys R Us with the exception of the black soccer player girl. They have like seven of her in two rows.
>>
Just found out my local Disney Store has the Ariel/King Triton set out on display. I'm really tempted to go to the mall just to look at them in person!
>>
>>6620869
>>
File: MtM Jasmine.jpg (568 KB, 2048x1534)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>6620800
I bought three of the Asian MtM dolls at Walmart to do head swaps with a year ago. I gave two bodies to my Classic Ariel, and Elsa dolls. I gave the 3rd body to a blonde celeb doll that had a crap body. I haven't seen any MtM dolls in any stores for a few months now. The only one you can find is the black MtM dolls. They recently released a camping MtM barbie as a Walmart exclusive. Her skin is do dark, and tanned that I was able to give her body to my classic Princess Jasmine doll.
>>
File: FJD76_01.jpg (123 KB, 960x960)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Does anybody know if the space dress is available outside of the official Barbie shop? I don't feel inclined to spend $20+ on current shite just for one dress.
>>6620800
Keep watch during the Xmas build up. The stores and distributors clean out their back rooms for Xmas. Last year I was able to get several 2015 Fashionistas.
>>
>>6620869
How nice are her tits and why do Flounder and Sebastian look so uncomfortable?
>>
>>6620870
King Triton: Fuck you Ariel, I'm the king of the mother fucking oceans, I'll build a penis shaped tower if I feel like it
>>
>>6620870
King Triton: Fuck you Ariel, I'm the king of the mother fucking oceans, I'll build a penis shaped tower if I feel like it.
>>
New playsets! Dolls not included.
>>
>>
>>
File: SWSabinedoll1.jpg (1.19 MB, 1101x1684)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
About a week ago, there was a discussion about the Star Wars: Forces of Destiny dolls on a separate thread. There was plenty of talk about the price, quality, etc. But nobody seemed to actually have one to give a first hand account of how good or bad they REALLY were. IE: a proper review.
Since I’m not a faggot who gets brow beaten by his brother on a daily basis, I decided to gamble $15 and pick up a Sabine Wren doll. (AKA Waifu Fett.) Here’s my full unabashed take on one of the most popular dolls of the line and a few “Modifications” I made to her as well.
I hope you bitches are grateful.
>>
File: SWSabinedoll2.jpg (1.18 MB, 1073x1833)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>6621078
Here’s what Sabine looks like straight out of the box with her helmet on. At the store, I picked out the doll with the best looking hair. That shouldn’t have mattered because the hair made a disturbing *CRUNCH* sound when I put the helmet on her noggin. For such a big helmet, it’s a surprisingly tight squeeze on her head. As you can see by the photo, there’s plenty of hair locks peeking out from under the helmet. The hair was mussed when I took off the helmet. So much for the best looking hair.
The hair quality is quite low. The individual strands feel very thin and slick. It’s also very, very shiny. The scalp is painted blue as to hide any thin balding spots. Overall, this is not the hair quality of a barbie doll or even Hasbro’s MLP line. It’s more like that of a cheap fashion doll from Dollar General.
>>
File: SWSabinedoll3.jpg (1.42 MB, 1794x1450)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>6621082
I really hate forced action gimmicks on figures. But for fashion dolls, that goes double. And when the action gimmick is lame by it’s own standards, then that goes triple. By squeezing Sabine’s legs, her waist turns 10 degrees and she raises her arm 5 degrees. The action is weak & jerky. Sabine’s arm has to be almost up at a 90 degree angle to aim at 90 degrees. Why was this action feature made? It’s pitiful at best and useless at worst.
As for the molded top, well, that’s a cardinal sin for any fashion doll. Because “fashion” implies the changing of clothes & whatnot. Arms have a decent set of articulation, similar to Monster High without the easily lost forearms & hands. And speaking of hands, she can actually hold accessories, unlike 99% of the fashion dolls out there! Truly a breakthrough in doll design!
>>
File: SWSabinedoll4.jpg (1.07 MB, 1180x1629)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>6621089
Time to take off those pants, Sabine! The pants are Sabine’s only cloth accessory. They’re made of the paperlike material with printed on details that Hasbro & Mattel love to do. Funny how most knock-off doll fashions use varying materials & patterns instead of this.
Taking off Sabine’s pants reveals a number of surprises below the waist. First is that she (and I assume the rest of the FoD dolls) is flat footed with rather large feet. Some of you SJW types may be saying, “Good! I hate Barbie’s stereotypical tiny arched tootsies.” But you’d be wrong! Large flat feet on a doll equals one thing: Having a hell of a time getting those damned boots off! Even though the back slit of the boot is down to the heel, I still couldn’t get them off her big feet. It took a hairdryer to soften the plastic to get the damned things off. I can’t see a child doing that by themselves with out major risk in destroying either the doll or boots. Possibly both.
The next surprise is just how little articulation there is for the hips. Sabine can only swing her legs 90 degrees forward. She can’t even do the splits. Knees can bend 90 degrees and they’re ratcheted with a series of disturbing clicks when moved.
The last and most baffling surprise is her panty area. You can’t see it in the pic, but there’s a dot pattern indicating that she’s wearing some molded on material on her crotch. However, it’s painted in her brown skin color. WHY??? The unpainted color underneath is dark gray like the rest of her torso? Why unnecessarily use paint apps to color that area flesh-tone? It makes no sense!
>>
File: SWSabinedoll5.jpg (1.17 MB, 1046x1851)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>6621094
Besides the doll, this all what you get as far as accessories. The guns and holster belt is adequate. I’m not thrilled as to the boots’ back split is to the bottom of the heel, but with all the trouble I had getting them off, it’s understandable.
I’m surprised as to the detachable shoulder & arm pauldrons. It would seem to be more budgetary conscious if they were molded onto the body. But I’m not knocking it, even if they’re going to be easily lost. And why only one blue one? Why not a blue lower arm pauldron or blue kneepad as well?
Oh, and the antenna of the helmet doesn’t fold down. Just saying because someone would ask.
>>
File: SWSabinedoll6.jpg (1.19 MB, 1599x1317)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>6621096
We need a mandatory doll body comparison pic. As you can see, Sabine is the shortest, but she’s got the thicc-est of thighs. Unf.
Both Sabine and DCSHG’s Batgirl are both MSRP’ed at $20, but Batgirl is bigger, better built, and has a fully removable outfit. And there’s also Robecca, who back in Monster High’s prime would blow the others away as far as bang for your buck. When releasing the first wave of dolls of a big debut line, you really got to “WOW!” the consumers into buying this untested toy. But for some reason, Hasbro is just not doing that with all the corner cutting right at the start with the FoD line.
>>
File: SWSabinedoll7.jpg (1.38 MB, 1534x1388)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>6621100
Well, there’s $15 I’m never gonna get back...
Luckily, my local Wal-Mart was clearancing out AA soccer Made-To-Move Barbies, so I snagged one for $7. It’s time to take a sucky doll and make it better by sacrificing a better doll!
DECAPITATION TIME!
>>
File: SWSabinedoll8.jpg (1.39 MB, 1534x1758)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>6621105
"Sabine Wren, you have been found guilty of numerous crimes against the Empire. The most heinous of which is spray painting “TUNNEL SNAKES RULEZ!” on the Emperor's personal shuttle. Your punishment shall be beheading by vibro-axe. Executioner, you may swing your vibro-axe when ready…"
>>
File: SWSabinedoll9.jpg (1.26 MB, 1679x1266)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>6621109
“HASSAN CHOP!”
Well here’s another surprise. The connector on Sabine’s neck is very small and shaped like an oblong football instead of a circle. I was worried that I would have to cut off some of the Barbie body’s head connector piece just to get Sabine’s head on. But no. With a little heat from a hairdryer, Sabine’s noggin fit on the Barbie body with no stretching or damage.
>>
File: SWSabinedoll10.jpg (1.49 MB, 1415x1826)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>6621113
And here’s the money shot! A lovely looking nude Sabine!
The skin color is not a perfect match, but it’s very, very, close. Far closer than Sabine’s head with her flesh painted panties.
Despite being from a smaller doll body, Sabine’s head is in proportion with the taller Barbie body. A nice accident. The only downside is the open palmed hands. Sabine can never again dual wiled her pistols. That’s a small sacrifice for a better quality doll body with top of the line articulation.
With the head on this new body, Sabine really turned from a regrettable doll purchase to a really unique looking character in my collection. Even if you’re not a Star Wars fan, you gotta admit Sabine’s got loads of spunk & personality amid the sea of Stepford smiling Babs.
>>
File: SWSabinedoll11.jpg (1.43 MB, 1992x1117)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>6621117
What’s that? You want another nood? Okay, you pervert. But this is the last one. Yes, I know. Little brown girls are the best. But I’m getting Sabine dressed in the next pic.
>>
File: SWSabinedoll12.jpg (1.22 MB, 1041x1823)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>6621120
Great, I’ll bet someone right now is fapping furiously to Sabine dressed like this…
>>
File: SWSabinedoll13.jpg (1.21 MB, 1066x1841)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>6621123
Back to Sabine’s (mostly) old outfit. I didn’t have a black turtleneck top. So for now, Sabine’s going in this colorful midriff and vest. Gives her that space privateer look.
In conclusion, Sabine and the rest of the FoD dolls are just not recommended in my book. They’re too expensive, too limited in articulation, lame gimmick, and the heretical sin of molded on clothes. However, once they’re inevitably tossed in the clearance aisle after Christmas, these dolls are a good source of kitbashing. I’d love to get a cheap Endor Leia just for the cute Wicket figure alone.
As I was taking pictures, I couldn’t help but to mentally compare these FoD dolls with Hasbro previous Equestria Girls doll line. EG suffered from similar cost cutting measures as FoD is now. Specifically, the varying changes to the buck doll body mid-toyline production. Detachable feet shoes, (ala Bratz) molded on shoes, plain bare feet. Elbow & knee articulation, no elbow & knee articulation, no elbow, but knee articulation. Full hair, molded on hair. Etc. You get the picture. EQ had poor sales throughout it’s life and now Hasbro is rebooting the entire EQ line because they done fucked it up so badly.
And that’s where I see FoD going. The line is so unfocused that it can’t decide to be either a fashion doll line or an action figure line and thus taking the flaws of both with none of the strengths. I’m sure there’s plenty of people out there that looked forward to this toyline when it was announced. But Hasbro has created a hot mess of a toyline that was destined to disappoint those that wanted it. Seriously, why can't the biggest toy company make a decent fashion doll?
That's that! Hope you found this review fun & educational. If you got questions I didn't answer in the review, just ask!
>>
Mattel should hire whoever did this.
>>
>>6620933
They know.
>>
I was looking forward to the doll in the stripped drass to come out looking good...
>>
>>6621345
Insted, the face mold doesn't look quite the same, and she looks washed out.
>>
File: DHM46_01.jpg (19 KB, 549x549)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Picked up the teal-haired Candy Mermaid Barbie at Walmart the other day. The other 2 Candy Mermaids were forgettable but this one is super gorgeous.
>>
File: 20171111_193034-1.jpg (235 KB, 804x960)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>6620587
Why's nobody buying It's Her Turn Barbie?
>>
File: daddy no.jpg (423 KB, 1555x1785)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>6620869
Just got back from looking at them at the mall.

Pros
>They look better in person than I was expecting them to.
>Ariel's face looks small, and cuter in person.
>Triton's muscles, and arms look bigger in person than in the photos.

Cons
>King Triton has no legs. His tail is stuffed which means hes a plush toy from the waist down.
>Flounder, and Sebastian look WAY smaller in person than the online images would lead you to believe.

>>6620933
>How nice are her tits
I picked up the set and looked for you. The doll has two little preteen lumps for breasts which look way smaller than the classic dolls breasts.

>why do Flounder and Sebastian look so uncomfortable?
Because the set is based on the scene in the film when King Triton fucks Ariel's shit up, and they feel sad for her.
>>
File: Hipster Ariel.jpg (218 KB, 682x1024)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>6620980
Smart hipster painter girl doll. I'd buy it just to take her glasses and give them to my hipster Ariel doll

>>6620983
Smart ethnic "We Need To Get More Girls interested in science so we made this doll" doll

>>6620985
Cute ginger who only buys ORGANIC Whole Foods with no GMOs or gluten, and I will spends $30,000 on her groceries each mouth as a way of saying "I'm Better Than You" the doll.
>>
>>6621386
Shes cute. Wish Mattel didn't give all of their mermaid dolls molded on tops,and tails tho.
>>
>>6621352
The wonky eyes on all these except Lindsay Lohan are killing me.

It looks like teen Teresa is also going to have eyes way too close together.>>6621352
>>
File: $_86.jpg (93 KB, 576x1024)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>6621078
>AKA Waifu Fett.
Well, you can't go wrong when buying a waifu doll. I recently gave a waifu doll a new MtM body, and the results were amazing!
>>
>>6621094
>Time to take off those pants, Sabine!
Go on.....
They didn't give her molded on pants. Thank god for small favors.

>Some of you SJW types may be saying, “Good! I hate Barbie’s stereotypical tiny arched tootsies.”

Those people are cancer. Don't listen to them. Small feet are cute!

> there’s a dot pattern indicating that she’s wearing some molded on material on her crotch.

wtf? Why?
>>
>>6621100
>Sabine is the shortest, but she’s got the thicc-est of thighs. Unf.

Well shes going to lose all that once you rebody her, but still... . I love it when you post comparison photos.
>>
File: barbies Heads.jpg (305 KB, 1024x788)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>6621105
>DECAPITATION TIME!

DECAPITATION TIME is always best time! It's also a scary time. Don't want that neck to creak. Almost had this happen to me while popping off the head of a MtM doll. The little peg popped out of her neck and stayed inside of her head!! I almost passed out!
>>
File: beheaded-roch.jpg (58 KB, 650x449)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>6621576
>creak
meant to say crack
>>
File: 1488902287410.jpg (986 KB, 1536x2048)
986 KB
986 KB JPG
>>6621109
Me on the left
>>
File: 1488902470673.jpg (995 KB, 1536x2048)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
>>6621113
I don't know why, but for some reason I've ended up with the peg popping out of the MtM dolls neck, and staying stuck inside of the dolls head recently. Getting the peg out of the head is a bitch, and popping it back into the neck without cracking or breaking the neck is even harder.
>>
>>6621433
Those things were terribly overpriced to start with. 1 cute Fashionista + 1 boring basic Fashionista is only $16. But that set was at least $25. Where did the extra $9 go? I think only 1 of the 6 possible sets didn't include the boring Hillary stand-in that looked identical to 100+ cheaper dolls. Why even bother.
>>
File: 1393935228790.png (84 KB, 200x200)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>6621117
>And here’s the money shot!
Dang! That's a nice money shot! Nice helmet placement.
>The skin color is not a perfect match
It rarely is.

>Sabine can never again dual wiled her pistols
;_;

>That’s a small sacrifice for a better quality doll body with top of the line articulation.
Agreed!
>>
File: 1393935228790a.png (532 KB, 2000x2000)
532 KB
532 KB PNG
>>6621120
>What’s that? You want another nood? Okay, you pervert. But this is the last one.
Sabine confirmed for being a teas.
>>
File: 517V9JxdkHL.jpg (34 KB, 500x500)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>6621123
>double clicked mouse twice.
>>
File: A Cute.jpg (157 KB, 995x1151)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>6621126
Hey now she didn't turn out half bad. Not bad at all. Congrats, anon,

> I’d love to get a cheap Endor Leia just for the cute Wicket figure alone.
Are you literally me?

>Seriously, why can't the biggest toy company make a decent fashion doll?
Because cutting corners is tempting, and greed is a powerful type of cancer which is killing modern day dolls.

>Hope you found this review fun & educational.
Thanks for sharing another fun body swap with us! They are always fun. Especially DECAPITATION TIME!
>>
File: Bill.jpg (70 KB, 1275x651)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>6621345
Male doll in the middle still looks like a douche
>>
>>6621562
>>6621100
Hmm, has anyone ever put an EAH head on a DCSG body? That extra torso joint is at least a small improvement, and the extra height might make their balloon heads look less weird.
>>
>>6621818
Not that I know of.
>>
sneak peek of the 2018 Hasbro dolls. Smaller heads, a tleast.
>>
>>6622483
Fucking awful
>>
>>6622527
Agreed. I can see where they come from with the flower painting, but in the end, they have dolls with ugly dresses and proportions.

They look like throw away toys.
>>
File: NEW CHEAP ANNA.jpg (868 KB, 1916x1590)
868 KB
868 KB JPG
>>6622483

Looks like Hasbro is entering it's generic variant outfits stage.
They are also getting cheaper with the dolls. Hasbro Anna no longer comes with her white strip in her braid. The moment I noticed I pushed all the new ones out of the way to get to an older version that still had the strip.

Rapunzel's box has also changed ever so slightly, and with the new box comes shorter hair for Rapunzel. Her hair used to go down to the back of her lower legs. Now it cuts off at the middle of her bodice. I got the last one they had with long hair which was way behind all the crappy new ones.

I do like the new smaller heads. Hopefully this will make Ariel's face look less like an alien.
>>
File: trash.jpg (179 KB, 859x544)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>6622536
>They look like throw away toys.
Please donate your toys to charities. Don't throw them away
>>
So people are starting to post pics of their Ariel/Triton sets.
>>
>>6622749
They get released tomorrow so I don't know what these people are doing to get them a day before everyone else, but it's triggering me.
>>
I want to debox these so bad.
>>
>>6622891
>>6622752
i hate those silly faces so much
>>
>>6622986
Where were you in the last thread when a gang of contrarians were defending these horrible face sculpts ?

>>6586428
>>6598428
>>6599677
>>6602597
>>
File: kermit-the-frog-watch.jpg (36 KB, 666x505)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>6623001
>>
>>http://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2017/11/13/mattel-announces-ibtihaj-muhammad-doll-first-barbie-to-wear-a-hijab/

GUARANTEED REPLIES
>>
File: ducktales.duckworth.jpg (14 KB, 200x200)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>6623260
That thing in her hand doesn't look like Barbie. It looks like one of Barbies black friends.
>>
>>6620869
>>6620870
>>6622749
>>6622752
>>6622891

This is what my Ariel doll will look like once I give her a non-crap body. I'm not sure if I'm going to put the head she comes with on the MtM body. I might just just use a classic Ariel dolls head. On the other hand the head she comes with does have rooted eyelashes so I'm not sure.
>>
>>6623324
On second thought I might just keep the doll that comes with the set alone, and just take her bra, and tail off and put it on a MtM body with a classic dolls head. That way I don't risk damaging the doll that comes in the set. You never know what might happen while pulling off heads.
>>
>>6623312
>doesn't know that Barbie can refer to more than just white, blonde Barbara Millicent Roberts

get out of this doll thread
>>
File: yourehereforever.png (121 KB, 500x366)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>6623358
t. literal anon
yeah, yeah, it refers to the Barbie brand, and not the Barbie character. I get the concept. I'm just stating a fact that the thing in the image is not the Barbie character so I don't give a fuck if they attach horns and a nose ring on it to go with it's head wrap. In my world if it ain't blonde it ain't Barbie, and if it's not Barbie I don't care.

>get out
>Being this new
You just don't get it do you, kiddo. We are here forever.
>>
>>6623260
>wearing a hijab
>under a fencing mask

for what purpose?
>>
>>6623386
>If it ain't blonde it ain't Barbie
Your world is factually wrong though. There have been variants of barbie that aren't aryan blondes since always, considering the first barbie came in a brunette variant. There have been black and other ethnicity variants that are Barbie, and not her "black friends," since the first black barbie in the 70s. All of the current Fashionistas? They're all Barbie. You can believe what you want but unless otherwise specified, all barbies are Barbie.
>>
File: 1494202249142.jpg (172 KB, 1184x671)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>6623395
She believes that her personal god will send her to hell to burn, and suffer for all eternity if she doesn't wear it, but he also loves her. She did something "important", and the sjws in charge of Mattel gave her her very own doll. So now we have a generic black barbie brand doll that's wearing a hibab.

Just remember that if we were able to get through a Rosie O'Donnell doll back in the 90s, we can get through any thing. After the horror that was the Rosie doll everything else just seems like child's play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8JyluqsRY
>>
File: lies.jpg (190 KB, 751x420)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>6623401
>There have been black and other ethnicity variants that are Barbie
Those ethnic characters have their own names. They are not Barbie. Barbie is go good Jewish blonde girl who celebrates Christmas "for reasons" sometimes, and don't you forget it!
>>
>>6623386
You can believe whatever you want, but when you're factually incorrect, keep your moronic worldview to yourself.
>>
File: 201379_30742169.jpg (84 KB, 503x798)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>6623440
>you're factually incorrect
There is nothing incorrect about knowing that Barbie is blonde. Everyone knows Barbie is Blonde. Of course Barbie has been known to dye her hair sometimes to dress up as iconic characters, but for the most part shes blonde.
>>
File: tea.jpg (177 KB, 623x1511)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>6623418
>6623459
How does it feel to know nothing about Barbie in a doll thread? It must be sad. While some "friends of" Barbie have been made over the years, black and white and vaguely asian, there are also countless black, asian, and white+brunette/redhead Barbie dolls that are just that... Barbie.

Notice no name. Just Barbie.
>>
>>6623467
How does it feel to be so new that you don't even know how to quote someone on a site you are currently using ? It must be sad. Also that is not Barbie. That is black Barbie. That is what the majority knows her as, and as we all know the majority always wins.
>>
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2PCS-1-6-Scale-Miniature-Dollhouse-Condom-Doll-House-Decor-Blyth-Doll-Accessories/32835095202.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.9.608fc7692ZAg2J gg
>>
>>6623401
You are accurate. The blond thing came way way later in the Barbie marketing. Along with the pink. You seem like you know it.

So... I think you are answering to a parroting of clichés troll (i.e. those that spend all day talking about racial politics and how they are "fighting the 'SJW'")

My point is: You are just too knowledgeable about dolls for this literal ignorant troll to be deserving of your replies.

I'm betting it ain't an actual doll collector, because if it is, it has just a lot to lean, but lacks the willingness/hability to anyway.
>>
>>6623676
a lot to learn*
>>
>>6623260
>female empowerment
>Islam
Pick one, Mattel. I hope this blows up in their face and they finally realize the rest of the country isn't as retarded as HuffPo writers.
>>
File: sarah robles.jpg (28 KB, 600x474)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>6623260

Friendly reminder that Sarah Robles...
>Strongest woman in America.
>Won a bronze metal in the 2016 Olympics.
>Lives off $400 a month because she's dedicated to weightlifiting.
>Has Madelung's deformity, which means she has deformed wrists that cause her great pain when lifting.
>Even so, she lifts like a boss.

...And despite the fact that she's a inspiration to us all, she'll never get a Shero Barbie doll because she's too fat, ugly, white, and doesn't wear an attention whoring scarf.
>>
>>6623736
>deformed
>just freak with retard strength that can lift heavy stuff over their head
>bad with money and personal finances

how is she an inspiration?
>>
>>6623260
Making dolls of religious motifs seems like a terrible idea for so many reasons.

I see how they are trying to make the religion "playfull and nice", but it also implies that their hijab is nothing but a toy. A mere fashion acessory.

Mythology could definitely translate in some interesting doll personifications, and seems like a more suitable inspiration.

>>6623736
Another horrible idea. She doesn't fit with the fashion doll concept.

Nice story, but better fitting for an action figure.

Why everything needs to be turned into a Barbie that won't make to the shelves, just to make a marketing point to prove that Barbie is a "role model" and "not vapid"?

Ugh. These sort of things just ruin Barbie to me, because I see no dolls that I would actually purchase from any of these.
>>
>>6623260
By the way, this hijab is a great way for Mattel to sell (if it geos into production) dolls with crappy hair without buyers being able to check it from the box.
>>
http://papusilemele.com/en/2017/10/20/barbie-dolls-i-would-love-mattel-to-produce/

Anyone saw this?

I swear this person has the worst idea for dolls:

1) Male dolls: All scientists and historical figures.
2) Female dolls: Bunch of vapid "supodermodels" that are long retired. And the baloon faced Gigi Hadid girl who's father bought her a career.
3) Herself and a bunch of her clique of bloggers that nobody cares about.

How delusional can you get, really?
>>
File: neverheard.jpg (54 KB, 600x597)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>6623676
>You are just too knowledgeable about dolls for this literal ignorant troll to be deserving of your replies.

>tfw you're an arrogant hipster whos to smart for 4chan yet you still post on 4chan
>>
>>6623717
>underrated post
>>
>>6623736
>she'll never get a Shero Barbie doll because she's too fat, ugly, white, and doesn't wear an attention whoring scarf.

That's actually kinda sad
>>
>>6623786
And how exactly is this >>6623260
bitch an inspiration? I'll wait.....
>>
>>6623790
They avoided endorsing religion for almost 60 years, and then dropped the ball for fundamentalist Islam. Who do they even think will buy this thing? Not at least half the USA, any black people, or liberals who rightfully group it in with other varieties of fundie crap. They have basically made a doll that could only be purchased by tumblr users, women's studies professors, and media talking heads.

Good going, Mattel. I'm sure that will sell literally dozens of dolls. I'm also sure those sales will offset 1/3 the country boycotting your products right before Christmas.
>>
>>6623872
You are so wrong.

There are many Barbie angels, and even a Santa Claus Ken.

If you try arguing that those ain't religious motifs, that would be beyond wrong, that would just stright on ignorant.

Also they way you elaborate demographics is incredibly narrowly viewed. "Media talking haeds"?! LOL. I'm counting that you purposefully made your indgnation into a such an hairhead joke.
>>
File: s-l400[1].jpg (23 KB, 231x400)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Dear diary,

Today I went to 4chan and found out:

>Christmas is not a religious holiday
>>
>Angels are beings of the pagan folklore
>>
File: alice.jpg (58 KB, 470x470)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>6623340
If you do decide to decapitate Ariel, I'm looking for that smaller body I heard she has, and I might buy it from you depending on price / shipping.

I want to make an Alice doll because I can't afford pic related.
>>
File: 17862_1_b19ff9[1].jpg (154 KB, 975x1232)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>Brides in white ain't traditionally related to religous ceremonies. It's about a random party.

I feel so smarter now that I know all of these!
>>
>>6623736
Friendly reminder that no one cared when you brought this up after the Gabby Douglas Barbie came out, and no one cares now.

>>6623836
She's an American athlete who is Muslim and who ranked highly at the Olympics and is an inspiration to Muslim girls who want to participate in fencing or other athletics.
>>
Speaking of religion, has anyone seen the religious dolls create for a OOAK exhibition? I would buy the fuck out of a stylized Saint Jeanne d'Arc doll.
>>
Denouncement: Mattel is clearly indulging Islam ON THE MEDIA!!!

Mattel is fake news!!!!!! Sad!
>>
>>6623958
Fuck, that box is fantastic!

And the armour pretty neat too.
>>
>>6623961
I'm just imagining the crybabies if Mattel decides to incorporate a doll in a hijab into the Barbie Style rotation, like they have with the 8379439 diverse Fashionista dolls and the vaguely lesbian posts.
>>
>>6623958
The Paolini and Perilli creations were part of a traveling exhibition which garnered--not shockingly--controversy in several countries because it portrayed various religion icons, both Christian and otherwise, in the form of Barbies. Jesus, saints, Kali, etc.

Mattel and the French national museum invited the pair to exhbit several of the dolls at the Louvre for a time. And Pope Francis accepted this pic related Barbie as a gift.

They're really stunning pieces. I prefer the church-inspired boxes which I'll post in a sec.
>>
File: 2-bolivia-final.jpg (141 KB, 750x611)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>6623988
>>
>>6623260
DONT PULL THE STRING ON THE BACK!
>>
Where do you hide your doll collections?
>>
>>6623969

One in the middle is disgusting.
>>
>>6623988
>And Pope Francis accepted this pic related Barbie as a gift.

"OMG", I've never heard of that. Interesting.
>>
>>6624056
Granted there's no report on whether or not he kept it or just accepted it to be gracious! But still I like to think Pope Francis has a Barbie in his collection, and that it will be passed down to future Popes.
>>
>>6623736
Maybe she should inspire someone first instead of looking like a thumb.
>>
>>6623952
>who is Muslim
>an inspiration to Muslim girls
Yes, but other than Americanized independent muslim girls who cares? That's a really small niche market right there. Besides don't independent women go against everything true Muslims believe in anyways? Were these dolls deliberately created by American feminists at Mattel as a way of giving the the middle finger to traditional Muslim communities who still believe that a womans place is serving her husband at home?

This doll smells of political BS, and you know it.
>>
>>6623952
>Friendly reminder that no one cared when you brought this up after the Gabby Douglas Barbie came out, and no one cares now.

That's not true. I didn't even know who Sarah Robles was before that anon talked about her a few threads ago, and I normally don't care about these things, but after hearing her story I cared, and I continue to care to this day. The people currently in power at Mattel are nothing more than a bunch of virtue signalling, self-righteous feminists. Sarah Robles overcame way more physical, and mental obstacles than that Gabby Douglas girl, and it would have been cool if she got a doll, but Mattel knew that the #blacklivesmatter movement was all the rage at the time so she didn't get one. You don't speak for all of us.
>>
>>6624252
Why make black dolls? Other than black girls, who cares? Why make asian dolls? Other than asian girls, who cares? Why make latino dolls? Other than latino girls, who cares? Why make white dolls? Other than white girls, who cares? Why make girl dolls? Other than girls, who cares?

>>6624287
>I'm totally not that anon!! There's just more than 1 person who says almost the same exact thing, word for word, about a bronze "metal" (you misspelled "medal" last time too) winner in response to Mattel making a doll of a non-white athlete.
>>
>>6623736
>bronze medal winner who tested positive for taking testosterone and complained publicly because she wasn't pretty enough to get endorsements

How inspirational.
>>
>>6624287
>Sarah Robles overcame way more physical, and mental obstacles than that Gabby Douglas girl

Ops, I think your reasoning is just trying to "signalling" the "virtues" of Sarah Robles over Gabby Douglas, isn't it?

Anyway, I will just take the moment to mention that there's nothing that I'm less interested than paying for some celebrity the royalties to acquire a doll branded with their names.

I don't care if your "virtues" (ops) are extreme weight lifting, or paranormal beauty (like Natalia Vodianova).

A good doll, is "just a doll".
>>
File: Capture.jpg (85 KB, 1361x255)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>6624303
>Who cares the post
Like I said only Americanized independent muslim girls might care, however they don't represent the majority of the Muslim communities around the world. These dolls were deliberately created by American feminists at Mattel as a way of giving the the middle finger to traditional Muslim communities who still believe that a womans place is serving her husband at home. It's a low, dirty, and political move on Mattle's part to tell the majority of a race how they should or should not worship.

>I'm totally not that anon!!
I'm not actually.
>image very related
I'm normally very much against fat aka "Curvy" dolls, but after hearing this womans story I believe an exception could, and should have been made for her. Sometimes true beauty, and strength is found within, but Mattel only cared about virtue signalling for the #blacklivesmatter movement at the time so Sarah Robles will never get a very much deserved doll made of her. It's sad really.
>>
>>6624316
>How inspirational.
She inspired me, and I'm sure many other woman of fubber.
>>
File: 1492728463102.jpg (66 KB, 500x489)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>6623260
>GUARANTEED REPLIES
Well, you were correct. Sometimes I wonder if posts like these are made here in hopes of triggering certain people just for the lulz.
>>
>>6624287
>Sarah Robles overcame way more physical, and mental obstacles than that Gabby Douglas girl,

You mean Gabby Douglas who has been training in gymnastics since the age of 6, who made the decision at 12 to throw herself into gymnastics training as a career which resulted in her sacrificing a standard childhood, who suffered multiple injuries when she was as young as 13 and 14, forcing her to miss training on essential components of gymnastics for months--but chose to keep training on the bar, causing physical pain but allowing her body to heal because it wasn't as physically strenuous, so that she would be able to keep training for upcoming competitions and qualifications? And who went from being a literal "huh? who is this girl competing for a spot on the Olympic team?" nobody to winning multiple gold medals at the Olympics.

But y'know. Robles has PCOS!! And wrist pain! And took drugs to enhance her performance!

Though I love how you're trying to portray Sarah Robles as some poor struggling martyr when she doesn't have a drastically different career/training background than Douglas. Well, except for the fact that Robles' sole internationally recognized medal awards at age 29 are 1 single bronze Olympic medal. While Douglas has won 3 Gold Olympic medals, 6 gold medals in other internationally recognized championships, 2 silver medals and 2 bronze medals in internationally recognized champions by age 21.

Robles also publicly complained about not getting endorsements, when the fact is that most Olympic athletes struggle with money (why do you think many of them end up having to sell their houses and move into the free Olympic dorms?) and only about 1% actually earn enough from endorsements to support themselves without needing outside assistance from family or side jobs. Robles has time to blog and post all her arts/crafts, but she can't find a way to bring in more than $400 a month? Mmmhmm.
>>
>>6623804
>dolls with crappy hair without buyers being able to check it from the box.
Yep, sounds like Mattel to me.
>>
File: 1510699927473.png (1.54 MB, 1175x796)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>6623790
>everything needs to be turned into a Barbie that won't make to the shelves, just to make a marketing point to prove that Barbie is a "role model" and "not vapid"?
>Ugh. These sort of things just ruin Barbie to me, because I see no dolls that I would actually purchase
Agreed.

>>6624331
>there's nothing that I'm less interested than paying for some celebrity the royalties to acquire a doll branded with their names.
Indeed
>>
File: episode17.jpg (93 KB, 822x634)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>6623872
>They have basically made a doll that could only be purchased by tumblr users, women's studies professors, and media talking heads.

This guy gets it.
>>
>>6623933
I'll play devil's advocate for a moment, and point out that the Catholic Church stripped Saint Nicholas of his Sainthood statues decades ago when the Santa Claus character who was indeed a real living breathing white man started becoming more synonymous with Christmas than the image of Christ being born in a manger.

True Catholics, and Christians have denounced Santa, talking Snow man, and other whimsical pagan fantasy characters that the Coca cola company, and the jew media have fabricated over the past few decades to sell shit in the masses on the months of November,and December.
>>
>>6623936
>Angels are beings of the pagan folklore
True, but they sure do make pretty collector dolls. Wish Mattel was still releasing Angel dolls. I don't have any in my collection unless you count fairy dolls.
>>
>>6623944
To be fair Barbie was made for getting married, and having children with Ken. Thing is that much like Mickey mouse, and Minnie mouse they are in a state of suspended animation. They always hint that the characters are married or about to get married, but we never really get any confirmation.
>>
>>6624033
kek
>>
File: Doll meme 1.jpg (121 KB, 717x720)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>6624054
There is nowhere to hide. They are everywhere!
>>
>>6624055
>underrated post
>>
Taking my niece to see her first Nutcracker production next month. Makes me nostalgic for the older Nutcracker Barbies they made some years back! I wish the newer ballet doll weren't so meh.
>>
>>6624515
Mickey and Minnie are confirmed married in japan tho
>>
>>6624535
I like how they made a ballerina doll with the MTM body.

1/2
>>
>>6624583
2/2

Unfortunately, instead of focosing in the costume characterization, they made her a celebrity doll.

Good The Nutcracker for you.
>>
>>6624515
No, she was not.

Where do you even get this idea from?

A quick research would have led you to finding out that Barbie is from 59, while Ken only came some times later.

So yeah, she was a single woman, and meant to be exactly that.
>>
File: bs.jpg (552 KB, 2105x1466)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>6624535
>I wish the newer ballet doll weren't so meh.
This was my first ballet Barbie doll. Her dress is cheap, but I fell in love with her head mold and her hair accessory. The funny thing is I payed about $30 for her and about a year later I find the same doll in mint conditions at a thrift store for only $1 so now I have two of them.
Have fun with your niece at the show.
>>
>>6624590
I wouldn't care that she's a celebrity doll but that's just the most bleergggh of costumes. I know they already did a Juliet and Swan Lake ballet Barbies, but it would have been nicer to see the Copeland doll in one of those since they (moreso than Firebird) are considered her better/notable roles. Then again they did make that "Firebird" book with her, and the doll was designed to be a pink label product mostly aimed at little girls, so I guess I can see why they'd rather go with the bold, active costume than something like Juliet's blue dress in ABT's production...

>>6624608
The faces on the newer collector ballet Barbies are, to me, are super gorgeous! I think I just prefer the more romantic style tutus and ballet costumes. Also wow, great find!

Hopefully we will. Took her to see a Snow White ballet this past spring and she was enamored.
>>
>>6624597
>she was a single woman, and meant to be exactly that.
Wrong. She was meant to be an unmarried underaged teen model. There is a big difference between that, and being a Mary Tyler Moore independent "I don't need no man" woman in her 20s. Once they created Ken for her, she became all about dating Ken. Shes been hooked on Ken ever since. Sure she goes to the moon, and pretends to be a scientist/doctor, but at the end of the day it's all about Ken. Ken is Barbies most beloved accessory.
>>
>>6624617
Yeah, you are right.

I think it was just my expectations for a ballet doll that wouldn't be playline, but not necessarily a (beautiful) ballerina sculpture.

I must say, the dress on your picture is exquisite, like a italian renaissance interpretation. If a doll came with something close to this, I'd be way more willing to be satisfied with the lack of articulation.
>>
File: MindFucksb-9ab.jpg (111 KB, 631x598)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>6624590
That's such a beautiful doll.
>>
>>6624639
Have you seen the Juliet Barbie from 2004? It would probably be up your alley then! I have her and she's one of my top 3 favorite dolls in my collection, and definitely my favorite ballet Barbie.
>>
>>6624623
Seriously, can't you read or you are just troling?!

She was not "a teen model", she was a grown up woman, inspired by Lily, wich was a sex icon strip comic character.

The "teen model" dolls only came in the middle to late 60s, and that wasn't Barbie!

Did you just said that Barbie "lives" for Ken, but ended up your sentence defining him as an "acessory"? LOL. It makes no sense.
>>
>>6624660
Ah, yes, indeed. This is beautiful. Even the little flower looks so small and well proportionate.

Gotta love her eyes and hairstyle too!
>>
>>6624590
>Lighter than Air

That whole ballet porcelain series was perfection.
>>
>>6624662
First EVER Barbie commercial.
Camera zooms into wedding dress Barbie as the song says....

>Someday I'm gonna be exactly like you.
>Till then I know just what I'll do
>I'll make believe that I am you.
Camera zooms into Barbies Bridal Bouquet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhjjhYGQtY

So I repeat Barbie was made for getting married.
>>
Well, I just bit the big one, and ended up buying two Ariel/Triton sets. I know two sounds a little excessive, (and it is) but I've been dreaming of this set to become a reality for years now just like I dreamed of them making an Alice/Queen set. I save up for months for these sets.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
I used to collect mini Lalaloopsy dolls years ago and I wonder how much longer that whole line can last. They already had their attempt at getting into the MH/EAH market, Lalaloopsy Girls, flop hard..
>>
File: 1510709930509.jpg (119 KB, 1080x1080)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>6624732

I made a big mistake not buying the the deluxe set or the classic King Triton doll when he went on clearance for $7.99 back in 2013. Theres just no way I was going to pay a scalper on amazon $140 for a basic classic doll when I could just wait to get this set for less. I don't do ebay because sellers always rip me off, and ebay customer service has never been able to help me when I get ripped off. I'm going to keep the best looking set in it's box, and open the other so I can Display them on stands, and take photos. I really hope that anyone who wanted this set was able to get it. If not I hope they can get it eventually!
>>
>>6624756
I've already noticed that some people have already started fixing Ariel's expression so she can look more sad, and while I'm really good at drawing Disney characters I don't think I'm brave enough to tamper with the dolls face.
>>
File: little.jpg (1.06 MB, 2476x1350)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>6623943
> I'm looking for that smaller body I heard she has
You are correct, anon. Just as I predicted they gave this Ariel the Alice in Wonderland body in order to make King Triton look even bigger than what he really is in the box set.

>I want to make an Alice doll because I can't afford
I know how you feel. I've always wanted an Alice doll, but they don't release them very often. I believe this is the first ever Queen of Hearts doll thats ever been made if you don't count the porcelain versions. I returned a bunch of dolls last year so I could afford an extra set which I could open up. I have one set on display, and my extra Alice on display with my lose dolls. The extra Queen takes up so much room that I just keep her in a box so she doesn't get dusty.
>>
File: same.jpg (940 KB, 2186x1080)
940 KB
940 KB JPG
>>6624794
I haven't opened any of the sets up at the moment, but have you ever considered using the Princess Isabel body for your Alice doll project? Shes only $10 at Jcpenney with their two dolls for $20 deal. Princess Isabel has the same body mold they used for the designer Alice doll. The only difference is Isabel comes with painted on white stockings and Alice has real ones, and Isabel's skin is slightly tanned. They both have rubber lick knees, and the arm and wrist articulation is the same.
>>
>>6624765
Maybe you can try it on a cheap thrift store doll. Looks like they only modified the eyebrows, the lip color change is optional
>>
File: same.jpg (249 KB, 764x871)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>6624817
The best part about the Jcpenney version of Isabel (other than her low price) is that she comes with a blue dress, and black shoes you can work with to help make your Alice doll.
>>
>>6624682
Absolutely agree!

As a redresser, I'm slightly scared of the porcelain bodies, but they have some of the most gorgeous garments.

Do you like the "Orange Pekoe"?
>>
Orange Pekoe part 2.
>>
File: 19816_01.jpg (52 KB, 549x549)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>6624871
She's beautiful! I love that softer orange, it's not something you see in a lot of dolls.

Pretty much any of the porcelain Barbie dolls are gorgeous. The Imperial Elegance Faberge Barbie is one I've been eyeing for a while.

I love historical or history-inspired Barbies the most. I've been working on a guide to Barbies wearing/inspired by fashions from historical eras (stopping at the 1950s) and there are so many treasures! Even a lot of the "cheaper" collector dolls from over the years have nice details.
>>
>>6624688
Hahahaha

>Camera zooms into Barbies Bridal Bouquet

Here is how it goes:

>Camera zooms into BRUNETTE Barbie's Bridal Bouquet.

Obviously, only the brunettes are thinking of getting married. The blond ones are clearly more into shopping, swimsuits and singing at nightclubs in the wee hours wearing body hugging shimmering black dresses. So there's that.
>>
File: 1510709930509.jpg (140 KB, 1080x1080)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>6624827
I guess I could look into what types of paints, and brushes they use to repaint doll faces. I'm better at sketching than painting, but my thrift store always has a few dollar dolls laying around I could practice with.
>>
>>6624817
>>6624828
Thanks anon, I have considered it but I live in the UK, so no JCPenny for me ;_: The only Isabel we got was the one that came in the 2 pack with Elena. My current plan is to use a Disney Fairy body as a base, they sometimes come up on ebay second hand.
>>
File: sofia-and-elena.gif (2.29 MB, 500x370)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB GIF
>>6624828
It's interesting that Elena of Avalor is getting so many collectable-tier dolls, I'm pretty sure its parent franchise Sofia the First never got any of that tier, just simple cheap dolls with only kids'-plaything appeal. Nothing like the pretty embroidery and outfits of the various Elena disney store dolls.

I guess because the target audience would be too young for that type of fashion dolls and they assumed no one would buy it? (Elena's aimed audience being older) It's a shame, it's a cute show, I would love a proper Sofia doll.
>>
>>6624933
>"This poor girl has to go through life with a head this size, and you can't take pity on her and release one nice doll?!"
>>
>>6624732
Well, I'm at least glad that someone out there is really pleased with this set. You're in the happy minority.
>>
>>6624948
I'm not 100% crazy about the face molds, but I'm very grateful to have a King Triton in my collection. The Little Mermaid came out almost 30 years ago, and I can only think of two Triton dolls ever being released. One was the classic Disney Store Triton released in 2013 which used the old 2007 German Simba toy company face, and body molds, and this one. There might be a live action Triton based off of the likeness of some actor which I might hate when Disney does their live action remake of the little mermaid, but it wont be based off of the animated version. Do you honestly see Hasbro releasing a Triton doll anytime soon? When it comes to this Disney character this is probably the best King Triton based off of the animated film Disney's ever released, and sadly it's the best we will get in a very long time.
>>
>>6624662
If she was a grown woman then why would she still be in High school..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUjv_nr-4r4

>>
>>6625310
Did you even read the comment you were replying to?
>>
>>6625329
No I stopped midway through the second sentence clearly.
>The "teen model" dolls only came in the middle to late 60s, and that wasn't Barbie!
Then who was it then? You saying every Barbie doll produced since 1961 has been a lie?
>>
>>6625238
>The Little Mermaid came out almost 30 years ago

T-thanks for making me feel old, anon.
>>
new graduation day Barbie
>>
>>6626794
$20 says that her diploma reads "Math Is Hard"
>>
>>6626797
Well, you'd be wrong and out $20.
>>
>>6626794
>B on the regalia
>she graduated from an institute named after her?

>>6626813
They're just making a Simpsons reference
>>
>>6626871
>They're just making a Simpsons reference

No, they're referencing the 90s Talking Barbie that said things like "Math class is tough!" and talked about shopping/boys/etc.
>>
>>6626874
Well, the specific line anon posted (math is hard, let's go shopping) is from an episode where Lisa gets a Barbie which says this. The episode was referencing that doll you're talking about though.
>>
>>6626893
No it's not. Malibu Stacy (not Barbie) doesn't say that in the episode.

"Math is hard, let's go shopping" is basically the Barbie equivalent of "Luke, I am your father." Over they years people combined two of the things Talking Barbie actually said ("Math class is tough" and "Shopping is fun") into a new phrase.

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/002892.html
http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/002919.html
>>
>tfw will never have a job (or more likely unpaid internship) taking photos of Barbie while having access to thousands of props and fashions
>>
File: chart_s.jpg (33 KB, 580x222)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
I don't know much about the different types of hair that doll companies use to make their dolls with. I recently read that Mattel used to make their dolls with a better type of hair than they do now.

Is saran hair really the best type of hair a doll company can use to make their dolls with? Are there any doll companies that use saran doll hair?
>>
>>6627817
Barbie used to make dolls with either saran or Kanekalon hair, but the company that makes Kanekalon stopped producing doll hair fiber in 2016 so now it's all (or mostly--I don't think they've started using nylon at all?) saran. They usually used Kanekalon on play dolls with a hair theme/focus (Rapunzel, hair stylin', etc) and on the higher end dolls.

Saran is the most common type of fiber used to make doll hairs. It's not necessarily bad, but there are varying levels of quality.

The doll on the left used Kanekalon, and the re-release on the right is saran. As you can see the Kanekalon has a much more matte, smooth/soft appearance.
>>
>>6627817
I think all the original (pre-2009 or whatever) Bratz had Saran hair? It was suppposed to be really good quality I think. I know the Bratz between 2010 or so and 2014 had lower quality hair but I'm not sure if the 2015 ones had saran or not.
>>
Chinese scammers are now listing expensive collector Barbies and Disney Limited Edition dolls on ebay for $25-50 each with stolen photos... people are snapping them up. I know it's tempting people but c'mon!
>>
>>6620587
Sailor Moon Dollfie Dream coming out, with an option for a Super Sailor Moon outfit for an additional cost.
>>
>>6629060
Thats pretty fucking low. Do the winners of those auctions get sent anything at all?
>>
>>6628114
>>6628220
Thanks for the info. I'm still kinda new to doll collecting, and still learning. It never ceases to amaze me how I'll buy a used Mattel Barbie doll from the mid to late 90s and all I have to do is shampoo their hair once, and it's smooth, and comes back to life vs buying a newer used Disney Store doll from 2014. Even after I shampoo, and condition it it comes out all puffy like a cat that's fallen into the dryer.
>>
>>6629853
> for an additional cost.
How much of an additional cost we talking here?
>>
>DADDY NOOOO!!!!
>>
>>6629929
Probably not
>>
>>6629949
About $180 or so depending on the exchange rate
>>
>>6623958
>>6623988
>>6623993

the fact that I will never own one of these makes me want to cry
>>
>>6630427
Make it motivation to customize your own
>>
>>6623988
That's a beautiful custom of the Lady of Lujan.
>>
>>6623790
>Making dolls of religious motifs seems like a terrible idea for so many reasons.
Dunno if you misread or what. It's a doll of a specific athlete, who wears a hijab, not just "hijabi Barbie" or "muslim Barbie".

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.