[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 75 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Meta on /qa/ only.
All meta discussion of boards is to be redirected to /qa/.

File: 002.png (1.09 MB, 1296x1081)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
old >>6613850
>>
>>6622732
I suspect FT is going to try to make a combiner with minimal partsforming. How they will do this with a Termius height combiner is beyond me.
>>
>>6622740
The bigger something is the easier it is to fit shit inside of it with less compromises, anon.
>>
File: Zeta Superion.jpg (99 KB, 720x960)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>6622740
What gets me is them claiming it to be the "biggest combiner ever". There's no need for them to be bigger than constructor. Not to mention their release schedule. This time next year Zeta will have completed theirs and probably be pumping out the stunticons. We'll be lucky to see a gray proto of one the FT bots.
>>
>>6622756
Constructor is apparently a touch too short to be proper MP scale assuming FT Terminus is the correct scale.

I sort of agree with what you're saying about release schedule though. FT is probably just trying to eat more market space and dissuade the 'wait for FT' crowd from going with the other options.
>>
>>6622756
>>6622762
>all of this shit is only getting bigger and bigger
>all I want is a nice sized Deluxe or so figures

Iron Factory is literally the only thing saving the 3P market from being a wasteland of garbage right about now. The MP fad needs to fucking end already.
>>
>>6622766
Agreed. I also like them to do more with properties that are not G1
>>
File: DMFa-JJVQAAfA1Z.jpg (294 KB, 1200x997)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>6622762
Omega towered over him and others in the cartoon. So scale wise Zeta works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WFdGMZnfSo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXdKt2eM_5g
>>
>>6622766
Yeah, everything is a $100+ MP scaled toy nowadays. Seems like MMC and maketoys are the only big names keeping to classics stuff, and even then they're mostly just voyagers.
>>
>>6622786
Personally I want to see more IDW stuff, and Japanese G1 stuff.
>>
>>6622766
War Giant makes me want more combiners out of IF now

At the very least they're not gonna get away without a defensor.
>>
>>6622794
>All those stock-still poses

This activates my almonds like nothing else.
>>
File: 1510529554981.jpg (316 KB, 834x1134)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>6622794
Please pose. This is like looking at statueshit
>>
>>6622809
>>6622812
Dude's barely got room for what he's got as it is, what he needs first is another shelf.
>>
>>6622812
I really need to get around to picking up revo spidey before he disappears.
>>
File: r86uqo.jpg.png (916 KB, 1117x1049)
916 KB
916 KB PNG
>>
File: Wolverine6.jpg (549 KB, 1270x1194)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
>>6622812
>people using my pics
Cool

>>6622824
He's really good, I'd suggest nabbing him ASAP. Wolverine, too.
>>
>>6619310
What Shockwave is this?
>>
>>6623013
Iron Factory Bridge Watcher
>>
>>6623013
He's a definite buy if you want a Legends sized Shockwave. Comes with a bunch of extra hands too.
>>
>>6622732
Man looking at all these MP combiners is making me yearn for a more CHUG inspired toy. MP toy engineering can already get damn fiddly just going from robot to altmode. Adding a limb mode as well plus considering the tolerances of such fucking huge figures is going to make fiddling with them a gut wrenching experiences. Plus with all the media accuracy going around, it means no Scramble city, and I'm not sure I can accept that from combiners after CW and TFC Poseidon.

Really, I'm hoping this set turns out great. I'd love nothing more than improved versions of CW figures with proper hands and feet. Especially considering that the new PotP combiners are shaping up to be more ass than CW despite 2 years to learn.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1510628448257.jpg (42 KB, 552x795)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
I actually like this quite a bit, in spite of myself even.
>>
>>6623139
Right? I feel kind of bad that that I'd consider buying it.
>>
>>6623139
>>6623141
I've got the Tarn version of the mold, not seeing a problem here.
>>
>>6623139
I never noticed the forearm kibble before, it looked like it was just the cannons in everything before this, but going back I see it was always there. Kind of kills it for me, hopefully it can be detached? The extra kibble, not the cannons themselves.
>>
>>6623141
>>6623146
Tarn is so amazing if you just remove the fucking Cannon.

I feel like the canon gives the figure so much hindrance in design and playability.
>>
>>6623139
>"oh shit! there's a thurd party thunderclash"
>altmode is a sad-looking truckthing with guns
I hate cybertronian altmodes.
>>
>>6623146
The usual MMC method of making taking liberties for the sake of mold reuse. Like, I've got the sneaking suspicion that kultur's cannon is so unwieldy because it was planned to share the purple mounts on thunderclash.

>>6623149
I've never explicitly tried, but I remember it being on pretty dammed tight. It's one thing that's never particularly bothered me though, what's your problem with it?

>>6623154
I've been doing that for a while, and it definitely helps. It also removes a pretty big part of his design, so it's a little lacking as far as solutions go.
>>
>>6623166
Normally I like the forearms on a figure being bulky, but this is actually just tiny forearms with HUGE plating around it, and the cannon in between - if the cannon was seated on top of the "armor" / plating, it'd be visually fine. Right now it's a bit of a poor choice aesthetically, like putting your sword on top of your shield when both are on your back. That being said, the other photos where the purple portion of the cannon are on the front instead of the back look MUCH better, so maybe I won't care if that can be easily flipped around.
>>
While we're talking about Kultur, is there anyway to get another mask for him? Would MMC sell me one directly?
>>
>>6623176
If you just lost the one yours came with, probably. I sent an email to their support line and they hooked me up with a replacement part for 10 bucks flat, they're actually one of the nicest companies I've dealt with directly. If you just want the new one that came with their megatron, I donno, because that's sort of the upsell.
>>
>>6623190
I've never been charged for a replacement from MMC.
>>
>>6623190
I actually just want to do some custom work on mine but was hesitant about using the original one in case I fucked it up and was wondering if they'd sell me one.
>>
>>6623197
To be fair, it was a pretty big part. Commotus' entire backpack, middle waist part, and his shoulder assembly, it was like a fifth of the entire toy.
>>
>>6623164
Thats his IDW mode though. MMC bases itself off IDW stuff primarily.
>>
>>6623209
Yeah. I'm just desperate for turbomasters, shame they used the awful Milne design.
>>
>>6623074
>mouth on Superion

Easy skip.
>>
What's the best legends megatron? I guess I'm going whole hog on the little guys, and he's the big decepticon I'm missing so far.
>>
>>6623382
GT's was the best, but it's sold as a model kit so you have to put it together. It's rumored(?) it was made by Iron Factory designers, dunno if thats true though.
>>
>>6623394
This thing is super hard to find anything on, for some reason.
>>
>>6623445
https://youtu.be/k1Evq0sggkU
>>
Well. I cancelled my MP36 order today. Going to get the WeiJang one instead. I do like the look of mp36 but the price, the paint and the chance of breaking it sort of killed it for me. The Weijang being the same size as my WeiJang MP10 KO is the final nail in the coffin for me.
>>
>>6623532
>the chance of breaking it
Why would you break it? It has issue with paint, not solidity.
>>
>>6623532
Wei Jiang's Megatron is nice, but man I can not deal with OS scale.

Also, while it's an interesting compromise of sorts, I'm not really a fan of how the feet are made up by the unremovable stock
>>
>>6623377
Actually, there are more shots of Superion with a mouthplate, so I think it might be a PE swappable face situation. Also this guy is actually pretty fucking big, so I'm a bit concerned about stability since this company has only made KOs before. Still, KOs doesn't mean cheap flimsy shit, so we'll see.
>>
>>6623594
I have an OS MP10 so I need a Megatron that wont be a Botlet next to him.
>>
File: DOmVTnFXUAA2D59.jpg (119 KB, 827x1199)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>
>>6623718
Oh, so this is still happening? I really wanted a figure of this, like, 4 years ago.
>>
>>6623782
I want it at fucking generations scale. Why is this mp-size? Who the fuck am I displaying him with?
>>
>>6623787
That IDW-styled MP-scaled Prime from whatever the hell company did it? I dunno.

I honestly don't know how anyone in this fandom can still give a shit about scale. I stopped caring after a couple of years. It's pointless, and all it does is suck the joy out of good toys.
>>
>>6623791
That's true to an extent (for me at least). If it's a really great figure, I'll get it regardless. Maybe tastefully display it by itself, especially if it's larger. I definitely don't mind one off figures that don't necessarily "go". But I just want a good Prowl to go with my other bots. Like, every figure of him is shitty in its own way and this one would be great with like WfC Optimus and Bee for example.
>>
>>6623791
Dunno about the others, but personally I care abut scale only if it's about the car (or other wheeled realistic vehicles) alt-mode, especially for MPs, I'm ok with everything else
>>
>>6623787
>I want it at fucking generations scale.
Same, I want things scout to mid Voyager size.
>Why is this mp-size?
Because that's what everyone wants.
>>
>>6623796
Yeah, we're kind of hurting for a good generations-style Prowl. The CW one is a joke, and the old classics one is extremely outdated and overrated.

I kind of wish 3P would do more Generations-scale stuff, but that's not where the money is right now. I guess the thought process is that if you're spending the dosh on 3P stuff in the first place, you've probably moved beyond retail/generations stuff.

>>6623802
>I care abut scale only if it's about the car (or other wheeled realistic vehicles) alt-mode, especially for MPs
I did care about this at one point, but even the MP line fucked that up hard with Bee being so small. I mean, if you're talking about cartoon scale, that's one thing, but that's so inconsistent, why bother? In terms of real world scale, Bee should be bigger than Wheeljack, and Wheeljack should actually be one of the smallest car bots. Tracks should be bigger than your average car-bot. Grapple and Artfire should be huge and tower over Optimus Prime.

As much as my inner vehicle-enthusiast would love a world of Transformers were all bots and alt. modes are flawlessly scaled to each other, I've just taught myself to be okay with military planes that are smaller than sports coupes and the like. I just imagine that Cybertronians picked their alt. modes without paying any attention to vehicle sizes, since they have no real knowledge of how big certain Earth vehicles should be, anyway.
>>
>>6623718
>ugly over detailed design

Disgusting. Who is this for? Looks like a Turd from 2007.
>>
>>6623818
Me? Sorry you have different tastes. No one is making you buy it.
>>
>>6623562
Not that anon, but people were breaking their MP-36's right out of the box thanks to the silence practically tearing the barrel right off on it's own because of the Takara "it's not high quality unless it's dipped in paint like a glazed donut!" meme, and the too tight leg screws.
>>
>>6623828
The silencer isn't attached in the box, shitpost-kun.
>>
>>6623818
I remember when "too much greebling" was an actual valid complaint against most third parties, and not just something that spergs shouted when any figure had a surface that wasn't completely flat and without detail.

I mean, holy fuck, the Transformer collector culture has just gone full retard over the past few years. I'm not sure if it's because we're spoiled for choice, because cartoon-accuracy retards are at full force, or if it's because Hasbro, through its own incompetence, has successfully brainwashed its fanbase into thinking that detail and quality are bad.

>>6623828
But unpainted figures look like shit. The problem with MP-36 was the clusterfuck engineering so that it could look like the cartoon. Literally every other G1-styled, MP-scaled, 3P Megatron has a full-body paint job and none of the self-destructive issues that the official one has, but ever since MP-36, paint has been the devil.
>>
>>6623838
>I mean, holy fuck, the Transformer collector culture has just gone full retard over the past few years.
It's more they are spoiled because every company is shoving something out for them.
>>
>>6623833
It isn't, but people still put it on despite everyone warning them not to, bro.
>>
>>6623838
> Two glaring strawmen in a single post.

Woah.
>>
>>6623838
>because cartoon-accuracy retards are at full force
It's because MP's have had a dramatic shift in style and now people are split into two camps of shitposters shitposting at each other about what they like more being the 'correct' way things should be.
>>
>>6623916
>not knowing what a strawman is in a single post

Woah.
>>
>>6623931
> Being this mad.

No John, you are the shit poster.

Nobody said that overdesigned Prowl was greebly. MP36's engineering isn't a clusterfuck that sheds paint the minute you take it out of the box either.
>>
>>6623919
You know how people keep saying Transformers is going to collapse and become irrelevant? I honestly hope it happens. I hope the franchise fucking dies and goes away forever so I can stop spending money on the toys and stop trying to discuss my opinions about them with other like-minded individuals, because every fan community is fucking cancer, nothing but dick-measuring and shit-posting. Unequivocally the worst fandom I've ever known.
>>
File: TarnBeReasonable.jpg (240 KB, 820x597)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>6623940
I'll discuss toys with you if you want, anon. I just buy whatever I want.
>>
>>6623919
Yeah, and it's the people who like the cartoon who don't complain

>oh hey Sideswipe looks like the show
>oh hey Ultra Magnus looks like the show
>oh hey Tracks looks like the show
>oh hey Ironhide looks like the show
>oh hey Megatron looks like the show

>REEEEEEEEEEE YOU ACCURACY FANS JUST ARE NEVER HAPPY AND COMPLAIN IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE SHIT KOREAN CARTOONS REMEMBER WHEN MASTERPIECE TOYS WERE GOOD
>>
>>6623940
Not like you're contributing anything either, anon.
>>
>>6623950
If you honestly think the level of cartoon wank between MP 12 and MP 38 are the same, you need glasses.
>>
>>6623950
Except that's false equivalency. We've gone from "Looks enough like the show without comrpomising overall functionality as a toy and not looking like bland shit" to "Tries (and fails) to look like the show to the detriment of all else, including functionality, durability, articulation, visual interest and (in the case of MP-36) not looking like shit from any angle other than straight on".

>inb4 "They've always looked like the show though you stupid REEDUN fag"

If you can't see the change in direction heralded by Hasui leaving the MP team, you are either blind or so far down the rabbit hole of buyer's remorse that you will accept anything, no matter how shit, if it has the official stamp on it.

>Waaah why does it affect you stop complaining
Because now the offiical MP line looks disjointed with itself, and the result is people who prefer the older look have to go to the 3Ps because Takara went full retard. It's not complicated.
>>
>>6623966
Pull back on the hyperbole a bit. This 'everyone that doesn't think like me is a moron' shit gets real old real quick.
>>
>>6623966
>and the result is people who prefer the older look have to go to the 3Ps because Takara went full retard
Upside to this: 3P's are higher quality and cost 25% to 35% less given Takara's new "Fuck you and fuck your wallet" pricing scheme.
>>
File: mptoonjack1.jpg (85 KB, 571x800)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>6623950
That goes both ways. Back when MP-12 came out, cartoonfags had a fit because the chest was too wide and the tail lights were on the ankles, and that wasn't cartoon-accurate. People also sperged over MP-10's gray legs, transparent crotch bits, and rectangle windows, also not cartoon-accurate. People bitched about MP Bumblebee's alt. mode not being cartoon accurate. And lets not forget the fucking mass of people who bitched about Wheeljack and basically wanted him to look like pic-related.
>>
>>6623970
The sad part is that 3P is just as much into cartoon-shit pandering. We just got three fucking ugly-ass G1 style Cosmos to pick from. And Maketoy's Starscream somehow manages to hardly be better than the antique Takara mold.
>>
>>6623973
>All that gorgeous racing decal detail covered up with THIN YOUR PAINTS tier "custom work"
My god that picture makes me physically angry.
>>
>>6623973
They were restricted on the paint job due to licensing but I do wish his limbs weren't pitch black.
>>
>>6623967
It's not his fault that people whose standard of quality is a shitty '80s kid's cartoon are all a bunch of tasteless, mouth-breathing manchildren.
>>
>>6623978
>Has infinitely better articulation including a waist joint AND an ab crunch
>Actually holds together
>Vastly improved proportions
>Not mold-degraded to oblivion

Meteor blows MP-11 out the water. Literally the one way MP-11 wins is jet mode detail, and MP-03 beats MP-11 for that AND holds together better.
>>
>>6623987
Is that the Starscream with a head three times smaller than it should be?
>>
>>6623983
>I do wish his limbs weren't pitch black.
I like them black. It matches [spoiler]THE TOY[/spoiler], which is were some of the inspiration from the older MPs came from, as much as Sunbowfags want to plug their ears and pretend it never happened.
>>
>>6623992
Yet he doesn't have monkey arms. Man it's like every single MP release is on it's own spectrum or something.
>>
>>6623985
Case in point in a single shitpost. Outstanding.
>>
>>6623991
Nope. You're probably thinking of MP-03 which had a tiny face due to the face-swapping gimmick in the helmet.
>>
>>6623995
>he thinks homaging the toy means replicating the engineering limitations of the toy
Don't be silly. Although, given how homaging the cartoon apparently means replicating animation errors, I can't blame you. If every MP is on its own spectrum, then that spectrum is no longer ANY percentage of anything else but cartoon, so I'm not sure how that argument is supposed to help your case. It used to be a mix of inspirations. It no longer is. End of story.
>>
>>6624002
I'm so conflicted because I don't really want to defend MP-03.
>>
>>6624005
MP36 still carries over all his stupid toy gimmick barring the plastic bullets but hey why bother arguing with somebody that ends their input with 'end of story'.
>>
>>6623828
How many "people"? One? That's literally the first time I'm hearing about this.
>>
>>6624012
The leg screw being too tight is valid but the rest might as well be bait.
>>
File: sideswipe.jpg (88 KB, 500x238)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>6623950
>oh hey Sideswipe looks like the show
Yes. Identical. I can hardly tell them apart!!!
>>
>>6624011
>MP36 still carries over all his stupid toy gimmick
Like what?
>>
>>6624017
All the extra rifle shit mainly. I won't argue with his shitty qc paint but that's really his only issue along with the leg screw. His engineering changes are pretty clearly made for the alt mode and bot proportions, whether you hate the g1 model or not.

They kind of made every part transform into a whole if that makes any sense. Less like they just started chipping away from the alt mode.
>>
>>6623995
>Yet he doesn't have monkey arms
With that logic, MP Wheeljack isn't based on the cartoon because his face doesn't look like a mummified easter egg with glowing tumors.
>>
File: megatron_gun.jpg (80 KB, 600x338)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>6624030
>All the extra rifle shit mainly
That's all in the cartoon, that's why MP-36 came with it.
>>
>>6624030
>They kind of made every part transform into a whole if that makes any sense. Less like they just started chipping away from the alt mode.
It doesn't make sense, really. Could you explain it some more? I kind of want to know what you mean.
>>
>>6624032
I'm glad he's an amalgam, which every single MP is just based off the more on-model cell art. Now that you point it out though his head ridges are a tad too high but that's just nitpicking.

Hell he's my favorite MP.
>>
File: 1508615993605.jpg (444 KB, 736x994)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
when?
>>
File: 1THICCimusPrime.jpg (213 KB, 468x618)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
So I guess this means he's not hitting his November mark either. Kinda makes me sad, December is the worst time to order anything thanks to Christmas royally fucking up the mail in the US.
>>
>>6624037
I meant more of the weird configurations you can do with it all that was a toy thing but I guess if they had to include it all already it's not too hard to hit all those points anyways.
>>
>>6624013
>valid
Yet, how many breaking reports happened?
It seems that every single isolated issue automatically becomes a mainspread one for most people posting here.
Megatron is a failure because the paint issue is a pretty huge one but all opinions about the look and such aside, it's literally the only objective issue the toy has and the only one people that people should be scared of.
>>
>>6624041
Well by not making his chest the actual side of the gun they set the mark for his toon proportions and by making his thighs the back of the gun he keeps a slimmer grip but all the main parts like his arms are already in place before you transform them any further rather than everything ending up where they should be during the transformation.

It's like they hammered out the bot's profile with the most basic shapes and then worked on from there.
>>
>>6624049
The only breaks I saw were the legs from the tight leg screw.
>>
Thoughts on this glorious looking fucker?

I never bought anything 3rd Party before, but is Unique Toys any good?

I can't bring myself to trust Transformer Toy Review. So I want someone's opinion who isn't sponsored by some vendor.
>>
>>6624032
Yes it does? If it was toy based it wouldn't even have a face.
>>
>>6624072
I still don't get how they got that or Peru Kill to turn into vehicles.
>>
>>6624080
By having it flip inside out. I saw Peru Kill video and wss very impressed.

Damn shame Hasbro is full of shitters who sacrifice everything to save money claiming it to be because kids complain about difficulty.
>>
>>6624072
I really like it, and 3 years ago I would have bought it immediately, but the fact that I already have the Comicave Optimus and soon will have the 3A TLK Optimus makes me not want to get it now since of course I would have it in robot mode a majority of the time.
>>
>>6624087
>Damn shame Hasbro is full of shitters who sacrifice everything to save money claiming it to be because kids complain about difficulty.
So much this. The ROTF/HFTD line was definitely the peak of mainstream TF.
>>
>>6624087
> claiming it to be because kids complain about difficulty.
Having a sister with a kid has made me completely understand this mentality. Though Ironically he has a much easier time with the more straightforward generations stuff than the more gimmicky ones that were meant to be simpler.
>>
>>6624087
Part of that is actually regulations being such shit because the US is so fucking lawsuit happy and parents are so braindead they don't watch their crotch spawn. They couldn't even re-release the original FortMax in the US because it could no longer pass tests. FortMax. A fucking toy so goddamn solidly built the only injury you could get from it was if it fell on your dumb ass as a child.
>>
>>6624072
It'll probably be good. It's pretty much your only option for a TLK Prime that doesn't look like a McDonalds toy anyway.
>>
>>6624098
Cryotek's wings got gimped as did Tigerhawk's missiles due to those shitty laws and those were only a couple years apart from the originals.
>>
Depending on the price I might get it, I passed on their Prime, but I like the alt mode.
>>
>>6624113
Damn that's pretty nice.
>>
>>6624107
How did they change Cryotek's wings? I never owned TM II Megatron, but a friend did, and I never noticed a massive difference between the two.
>>
>>6624095
More like the Dark Ages if you didn't like movie style.
>>
>>6624123
They changed the upper wing points to be more dulled but it could actually just be mold degradation since a kid could still gouge their eye out with it.
>>
>>6623940
>You know how people keep saying Transformers is going to collapse and become irrelevant? I honestly hope it happens. I hope the franchise fucking dies and goes away forever so I can stop spending money on the toys and stop trying to discuss my opinions about them with other like-minded individuals
I don't see that happening. If Hasbro stopped producing products, 3rd parties would continue filling the niche for adult collectors. There's still a huge amount of characters to produce, and original characters as well. I guess at a certain point the nostalgia itch could be satisfied to the point that adult collectors don't see the need to purchase any more figures, and without kids growing up with some sort of Transformers fiction (shows, movies, comics, etc.) the entire hobby could collapse, but that would be at least a decade away even if Hasbro closed up shop today.
>>
>>6624124
I was talking about the quality of the engineering.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yhLtkIzMA0

Special Needs Helmet Skyfire review, if anyone is interested.
>>
>>6624199
Well, the head looks better in that review than it did in the promo shots but I'm still disappointed. I was looking forward to this guy.
>>
>>6624199
This got me wondering if they or any company would make pretender suits for POTP.
>>
>>6624043
oh man i'd fucking nut if that ever happened, it never will though because its not g1
>>
>>6624007
I admire so much about that but it just doesn't give me the wow factor of seeing even MP-3 for the first time, dated and technically bad as it may be. Seeing a classic design rendered with nice detailing and engineering was more satisfying at the size.

I'm not against the idea of cartoon accuracy, it's just that at the MP scale it just kills the impact. For example, I'd love something like Howling Meteor or similar cartoon accurate MPs at a deluxe/voyager scale, like the A.N.I.M.E. RD line. Then keep the traditional MP scale for detailed versions of those designs.
>>
>>6624236
>For example, I'd love something like Howling Meteor or similar cartoon accurate MPs at a deluxe/voyager scale

Thats the scale MP should've been in the first place. All of these size fags wanting 2ft tall fucking statues are cancerous as fuck and ruining the playability of the hobby as a whole.
>>
>>6624113
I really like this, but I can't understand why they would make it MP scale???

What the hell am I supposed to display this with? If it was voyager scale, it would be an instant buy, but at MP scale and probably $150+ price tag I'll have to pass.
>>
>>6624272
>What the hell am I supposed to display this with?

The other GC stuff, which is MP sized IDW stuff, I'd assume.
>>
>>6623950
That's wrong and you know it.
I can't believe how many times I've seen people COMPLAIN about the use of metallic paints and chrome because "they didn't look like that in the cartoon". Yes, I'm aware that chrome has a bad rep for being easier to chip than normal paints but that's not why they were complaining. They were complaining because the characters weren't literally chrome colored in the cartoon therefore the toys shouldn't be chrome or metallic either and should only be flat colors. Oh, and how about extra tech details? I've seen the same complaint there as well. If a figure has tech details not present in the cheaply drawn and animated cartoon, no matter how minor, the figure is now an "over-greebled mess". Same thing with clear plastics. I've seen the accuracyfags bitch about those too because shit wasn't translucent in the cartoon.

A perfect example of all three of these complaints rolled into one is any one of the FansToys Dinobots. I've seen people ripping into all of them, especially any time somebody recommended Grinder or brought up the silver comic-styled version, for all three reasons listed above. Sure, let's ignore the fact that the original G1 toys used metallic and chrome paint, had extra sculpted tech details, and clear plastic, and pretend a cheap, poorly drawn and animated Korean cartoon is the be-all end-all of how the characters should look. Cartoon-accuracyfags are just as fucking bad if not worse.
>>
>>6624280
>The other GC stuff
You mean the one other mo scale IDW figure they have that I don't want?
>>
>>6624310
Shh. There is no room for reason here.
>>
>>6624014
Wow, I forgot the head sculpt was so different. I only own the G2 version. I do seem to recall people doing a lot of bitching over MP-12 when it was announced, though,
>>
File: 1510697200750.jpg (66 KB, 849x960)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
When can we expect to see this?
>>
>>6624087
Eh. I honestly really like where Hasbro toys are sitting right now (although I prefer Takara versions, more often than not). They are simple and fun to transform, but are still pretty good figures with very minimal kibble, sometimes none. They operate on the old-school MO of making the alt mode entirely out of robot parts and vise-versa, whereas most older CHUG figures often tucked a majority of the robot away inside and surrounded it with car parts, and as a result had a fuck ton of kibble.

They're good toys if I want something cool, fun and cheap to fiddle with. If I want something major, I look to 3P or maybe official MPs if they're not going full retard. Not every meal has to be full course, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>6624007
This is the first big, colored image I've seen of this dude, and I gotta say I'm let down. I was planning on picking up the Thundercracker version down the road, but that looks REALLY bland. The proportions are actually worse in some areas and now that I'm looking at my MP-11T on my desk right now, the head on that thing is definitely too small.

I also heard it falls the fuck apart when you transform it, is that true? Someone linked a video several threads back, but I can't stand watching manchild youtube reviews.
>>
>>6624353
I only watched the skullface review, and it seems like the nosecone has a ton of really tight clearances and friction clips, which pop off frequently.

It also has pretty much the same two major problems as MP11, that is the torso comes apart constantly when you move it and the ankles are complete dogshit for stability. Basically the only thing that has over MP11 is better articulation and looking like PVC.
>>
>>6624383
>Torso comes apart constantly when you move it and the ankles are complete dogshit for stability

I though Boboskofo went over how those were all improved by the MT mold?
>>
>>6624392
Pretty sure he did. Not sure what that guy's talking about.
>>
>>6624392
Did he do a second review or something? In the one I watched the torso pulled apart any time he touched the legs and he said the feet barely touch the ground enough
>>
>>6624310
>a cheap, poorly drawn and animated Korean cartoon

Clearly you have an unbiased opinion
>>
File: 1449327035874.gif (1.74 MB, 395x237)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB GIF
>>6624339
ooh ne-
>perfect effect
>>
>>6624413
I think they're going "OH HEY BEAST GORIRA WAS GOOD, TIME FOR MORE OF THAT SHIT", and are gonna push out a recolor and more Beast Wars stuff. Issue is that Gorira has quite a few issues, the add-on kit brings them to light, and then they shit the bed with the Leonidas Origin figure and are.. I dunno. I think they just had one "acceptable" figure in Beast Gorira and that's it, sadly.
>>
>>6623940

>waaaaa I hate this hobby but I need someone to literally force me to stop wasting money because I have no self control

if you don't like the community, don't go to forums, no one's forcing you to interact with us.
if you can't appreciate the toys on their own merit then you shouldn't be here in the first place.
>>
>>6624417
Wasn't warden pretty good, though?
>>
I find this interesting because when they came out with the recent announcement of the armors and their last dino coming out, they were already running a sale on their site. So this will likely be a repeat of that, with small chance of it actually being better, unless selectively so.
>>
>>6624413
Perfect effect is a wait and see company but at least there's an actual chance of it turning it good, unlike kfc.
>>
>>6624440
Yep. So it's a good figure every few years, it seems.
>>
>>6624413
Hey man, there could always be a better KO like Neoarts with Leonidas.
>>
>>6624406
The G1 cartoon was fun but to call any of that animation, save for the movie and some of the season 3 episodes good, is a joke. My opinion of the animation also does nothing to change or invalidate my point as the arguments regarding metallics/chromes, tech greebles, and transparencies still apply. The cartoon was a glorified advertisement for the toys, meaning the characters on screen are representations of the toys, many of which featured clear plastics, metallic colors, chrome, and extra tech details. These are things that simply weren't possible to include given the budget of the original cartoon so animators had to do their best to represent them with what they had to work with. The more details you try to add, the more difficult and expensive it becomes to animate so things like metallic sheens, transparency effects, and extra techy bits were too much to handle at that budget and timeframe back in the 80s. The inability to represent those features therefore cannot be taken as the "accurate" portrayal of those characters. The only big thing the show did for those representations was give the characters a much more reasonable shape as animation was not bound by the laws of physics and space of the toys. The true "accuracy" of a figure therefore should not be exclusively what is shown in the cartoon but rather a blend of what the original toy looked like AND the cartoon but accuracyfags will have none of that logic. It makes me wonder if any of them have ever even seen the original toys as they never seem to acknowledge their existence.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention another common complaint those goons love to spout: scale and proportions. Two things that varied wildly throughout the cartoon, oftentimes even from shot to shot in the same scene. You can't claim any of that is inaccurate on a figure when your source of reference can't even keep it consistent.
>>
>>6624509
There is such a thing as model sheets, which are the actual reference.
>>
File: IMG_20171114_180932-01.jpg (2.86 MB, 2998x2400)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
Anybody else picking these up? For about 12 bucks a pop they're pretty great.
>>
>>6624417
My Gorira is perfect and I had no interest at those shitty add ons whatsoever.
>>
>>6624567
I'll wait for the Jinbao OS.
>>
>>6624567
I've got two of them, but need to get the one on the left in your pic. Longhaul and Mixmaster are available in yellow and I've been considering them, but I should probably wait for green ones. Although I may get yellow Longhaul because he's my favorite and I love classic construction colors.
>>
>>6624509
>The true "accuracy" of a figure therefore should not be exclusively what is shown in the cartoon but rather a blend of what the original toy looked like AND the cartoon

You forgot to say "what I personally would like would be"
>>
File: 20171114_183311.jpg (159 KB, 998x748)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
Got my war giant set A yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed. Considering picking up Starscream and Shockwave to go along with them.
>>
>>6624567
I've got the first three on the way, but they're taking their damned time. Cement mixer guy just came out, right? I was gonna wait to see how the others turned out, but I guess I might as well buy him now if it's gonna take a month too.
>>
>>6624567
I got the first one in an eBay buy gone wrong (still got a refund so it's fine), but I haven't committed on the rest of the set. I'm worried about what I've seen from Ben and Bots & Bits about the arms, but that might just be an issue of just untightening things. Who did you go with for your buys?
>>
>>6624568
I promise you he's not perfect, everyone I've told to check out these issues has had the same. You're just not very good at actually testing figures out.

Go pose his leg like he's gonna take a piss and you'll see exactly what I mean. The thigh swivels are complete shit. The waist "swivel" is good enough, but quite frankly the fact that his upper half is connected to the lower half by such a small bit is pretty scary. Elbow swivels have similar issues to the thigh swivels, but at least the former can be fixed with some floor polish.
>>
>>6624567
I've seen these on aliexpress, but haven't gone in on any yet. Where'd you get yours? How are they?
>>
>>6624598
I got mine from the giftlove store on aliexpress. I watched those reviews and was worried about the tight elbow joints but both elbows were perfectly fine.

>>6624579
Pretty sure mixmaster just came out. Now we're waiting on long haul and hook.
>>
File: IMG_20171101_204231-01.jpg (1.32 MB, 1977x1977)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>6624607
I think for 12 bucks they're really impressive but random joints are really loose, there's tabs all over the place you have to cut off, and the plastic isn't great. Still though they're big and ripped off some really good 3p transformations and they balance surprisingly well when with the bulky backpacks attached.
>>
>>6624603
No I agree with you with the thigh swivel I think that's a problem everyone has.

I pose him regularly and haven't had any problems though and I don't have anything loose aside from the thigh swivel.

I guess calling it "perfect" would be too much but its still a damn fine figure compared to loads of things they've been releasing.
>>
>>6624669
Oh, it's definitely a fantastic figure in general compared to a majority of their shit. To date, I think Warden and Gorira are the only good things they've put out. The thighs just fucking drive me nuts, on top of the other things I listed. I've got him in a solid pose right now with the axes, but I'm terrified to re-pose him given how fucking long it took me to get him like that. I can take a shitty picture if requested, but it took about 8-9 coats of future shine on his elbows to get him to hold the axes in any meaningful way, and I tried to work on the thighs but it's literally about 1/16th of an inch of plastic friction keeping them on a mushroom peg, along with a quarter-inch wide circle of friction to grind upon. It's pitiful, but fortunately the only weak spot on this figure (the other being no waist bend on a giant fuckin' monkey, but then the add-on kit would be even more worthless).
>>
>>6624621
Have you got a tape measure or something to show how big they are?
>>
>>6624557
But again, those model sheets are still interpretations of the toys.

>>6624576
No, I don't believe I did. People who think the G1 cartoon and the G1 toys are separate entities are fucking autistic.
>>
File: g1-ironhide-g1-robot.jpg (144 KB, 1000x1157)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>6624695
>>
>>6624683
Yeah I never planned on getting those add ons so I'd share your sentiments if I ever bought those.

I still think he's a fun figure despite his flaws hes the perfect rendition and I doubt anybody can top it anytime soon.
>>
>>6624705
What part of >>6624509
>The only big thing the show did for those representations was give the characters a much more reasonable shape as animation was not bound by the laws of physics and space of the toys.
did you not understand? Once again, "accuracy" is a blend of the two, not one or the other.
>>
Anyone have the MT Paladin/Fallen? Any thoughts?
>>
>>6624715
Nobody fucking wants toy Ironhide tainting figures of the character of Ironhide except you. Getting that toy in the 80s wasn't a toy of Ironhide, it was a lump of coal, and it's why Ironhide has never looked like that since in over 30 years.
>>
>>6623718
This looks really great in robit mode, but it looks like it's gonna be so fiddly. Fiddly MP figures are fun for about 2 transformations before I never want to touch it again.
>>
>>6624043
Polishing a turd

I do have a special place in my heart for OG Tigerzord, but this isn't an improvement in any sense, just a fancier coat of paint
>>
>>6623718
Anyone else slightly put off by his giant rectangular crotch? What is the deal with that, it seems kinda sloppy like they didn't bother shaping it so it wasn't just a giant brick.
>>
>>6624567
>>6624621
These look neat, are they a KO of some set? Who makes them?
>>
>>6624896
I'm pretty sure those are the NBK engineering set. Not to be confused with the other gravity builder knockoff which is yellow, but also REALLY simplified.
>>
>>6624578
>badges in the wrong places
Then again just about everyone forgets Swindle's is supposed to be on his left foot.
>>
DON'T EVER TALK TO ME OR MY SON AGAIN.
>>
>>6625002
It's nice seeing a black man so involved in his son's life.
>>
>>6625002
>>6625005
Which ones are these?
>>
>>6625019
The big one is fans toys, the little one is takara.
>>
File: IMG_20171028_210446-01.jpg (2.53 MB, 2400x3200)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>6624693
I just measured and they're 7 inches at the top of their heads. The kibble adds a few inches though if you want to count that.

>>6624896
Yeah these are gravity builder KOs by NBK.
>>
File: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.gif (2.98 MB, 492x336)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>going to get repaid a big fat bunch of cash from my family in a week or so
>urge to spend it frivolously intensifies
>>
>>6624245
Just no. Minibots would have been completely shit.
>>
File: 1414622556618.jpg (75 KB, 204x298)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>6625002
>>6625005
I dont care for those particular figures but I love so much how you always light your setting and backdrop areas, very nice.
>>
File: IMG_20170523_183414_532.jpg (335 KB, 1000x757)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
>>6625138
Thanks man.
>>
File: Displeased.jpg (54 KB, 313x249)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>6625183
>stares at those backgrounds
Meades if thats you, stop reviewing autism spinners.
>>
>>6625183
how big is that setup? looks huge
>>
>>6622794
anyone know the name of that giant reflector in the upper left ?
>>
>>6625197
You mean Perceptor? That's the Fanstoys Tesla
>>
>>6625193
>Meades if thats you
Hahaha, nah I'm not him.

>>6625194
>how big is that setup?
It's like, 18 inches wide by 10 inches deep.
>>
>>6625201
yeah that who i meant fuck i don't know why i called him reflector thanks tho
>>
>>6625208
>Hahaha, nah I'm not him.

Alright, then if thats you Vangelus, do more videos. You don't update enough.
>>
>>6625216
Not him either. Just a boring nobody.
>>
File: ThumbsUp2.gif (600 KB, 400x300)
600 KB
600 KB GIF
>>6625220
Well, then take more pictures. They're nice.
>>
>>6625220

Are those light up energon cubes?
>>
>>6624443

I had that Roadbuster anon, its not great. MMC one is better if a little tough to pose
>>
>>6624567
I have the first three, and definately going to pick up the rest as well.
>>
File: 20171115_082556_resized.jpg (483 KB, 2064x1161)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
Which one of the new MP style Swindles is the one that has swappable toy/cartoon chests? I remember seeing a pic of that and I liked it.

I kind of wish IF's Swindle did that too. I like both versions of his design but I somewhat prefer the windshield chest. It wouldn't have taken too many extra parts options to accomplish.

Also I still can't believe there's just nothing to do with the roof rack in robot mode.
>>
>>6625368
Zeta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyguVGMfQQ8
>>
>>6624443

I'm so glad I never bought that.

>>6625283

Yeah, MMC has a few issues with the shoulders being crowded, but it actually feels and looks good otherwise. Fans Project stuff all feels very dated, and just doesn't have a pleasing design aesthetic. Make better stuff, and you won't have to clearance it.
>>
File: 31720171624.jpg (185 KB, 768x960)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>6625220
For reference, Dio and Ghostdog actually fit perfect in generations Kup's bed.
>>
>>6624738
hes super fun, if you can get him on sale get him
>>
>>6625220
okay let me try the guessing game. didnt you used to do reviews for collection dx?
>>
>>6625282
>Are those light up energon cubes?
No, they just react well to colored light.

>>6625490
>okay let me try the guessing game. didnt you used to do reviews for collection dx?
Yes.
>>
File: GUL_4888.jpg (542 KB, 662x1000)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>6625554
>>
File: GUL_4713.jpg (534 KB, 1000x701)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
>>6625602
>>
This looks pretty killer.
>>
>>6625634
All this does is make me want a re-release of the Datsun bros IF set that I never picked up. I love the IDW/Cybertronian "overloaded as fuck" Datsun bros designs.
>>
>>6625283
>>6625474
If I decide to get a Roadbuster, I'm going to see how it is to "go big" in 2018 with Fans-Hobby. I am interested to see though what FP does list for their sale, just on a pure "how do I want to spend money" angle.
>>
File: 1465954757623.png (315 KB, 423x384)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>6624932
In the cartoon its on his chest/stomach area. Also some artwork depicts it on his chest as well. Same with brawl.
>>
>>6625660
>I love the IDW/Cybertronian "overloaded as fuck" Datsun bros designs.
Now I wonder if they would do a Bluestreak release.
>>
>>6625691
Yeah, "on his foot" is some stupid G1 toy thing, and really, who thinks of that when they want to talk about Swindle?

Nevermind that that figure has such greebly legs you can't find a spot for a symbol to go there anyway.
>>
File: G1Swindle2.jpg (29 KB, 526x241)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>6625700
>is some stupid G1 toy thing, and really, who thinks of that when they want to talk about Swindle?

People who grew up with the toys you fuckin' 12 year old. But yeah, the IF doesn't really have room for it, unfortunately. Which is weird, given they gave him a toy chest AND his head even dips outward like the original combiner peg head did, which I thought was a neat little transformation quirk (possibly on purpose).
>>
>>6625660
The bluestreak version was one of the first IF releases I got, and man, has that mold not held up.

>>6625634
Preorders are up, 110 and releases in january. I'm gonna have to think on this one.
>>
>>6625786
Really? Whats bad about it? If it's just the partsforming, I don't care about partsforming. I owned G1 toys as a kid, you wanna talk partsforming, go look at a G1 Seeker.
>>
>>6625797
I've got that set and it's still one of my favorites. I mean, compared to the combative they just put it out, it's a little dated, but the Datsun Bros are where IF really turned a corner in terms of engineering. I think they hold up well, and honestly have more options for customization than any of their other sets.
>>
File: DSC00456.jpg (250 KB, 1091x726)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>6625797
I mostly wasn't a fan of the robot proportions. They look really squat and stumpy, and their heads are kinda weird in that way too. And IF has always had insanely stiff joints, but these guys were on another level. I hit every joint with graphite powder, and he's still scary tight, particularly the knees.

I'm not too bothered by the partsforming, but a lot of the add-on armor barely stays on. The shoulderpads, front, grill, and backpack like to pop off at the drop of a hat. I ended up gluing the backpack on because it was so bad and as far as I could tell didn't actually need to come off for transformation.
>>
>>6625606
Who's the bot on the right? Looks cool
>>
>>6625554
damn i knew it you always had some of the best reviews on that site, cool to see you around here.
>>
>>6625815
that would be skystalker from the hftd line a while back, the mold is super fun and had some wicked repaints
>>
>>6625813
I think I must have gotten lucky with my set. None of their joints were overly tight (tight yes, but not so bad I was ever concerned) and none of them have their packs or any other pieces fall off. Only thing I will say is that the bumpers on all three are hard as fuck to take off. Thats really the only problem Ive had.
>>
>>6624072
>Alien attack knight murderprime looks better
>but it's >KFC

I'm waiting for people to get Peru Kill in hand before I cast my judgements, but Unique toys is pretty good so far and I have hopes for their prime.
>>
Anyone here have the DX9 Dinobots? How are they? At $35 a pop thats pretty pricey.
>>
File: 20171115_192228_resized.jpg (661 KB, 2064x1161)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
Fiddling around with Swindle and Brawl as combiner shins.

If you unpeg them from the bottom, leaving them only attached to the feet by the back panel, you can actually get a pretty good backwards tilt.

Which on top of the toe tilt, means War Giant will actually have a full range of motion on his ankles (well I guess there's no outward tilt but that's hardly everneeded). That's a pretty big improvement over how we originally thought there would be a side tilt and nothing else.
>>
>>6626219
>need for the other sets intensifies
>>
File: 20171115_192751_resized.jpg (584 KB, 2064x1161)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
>>6626231
I feel you. I went from "probably gonna skip" to "I'll buy some since they seem good" to" "IF needs to replace my combiner collection"

Also, other way around here.
Brawl sure can get a lot more mileage out of that toe tilt than Swindle.
>>
>>6626249
Can these scramble?
>>
>>6626252
I don't think they can. The feet have dedicated connections to Swindle and Brawl especially for each. At best you might be able to swap which side of Onslaught they'll peg into.

Scramble just isn't a concern for 3P combiners usually.
>>
>>6626257
I think it differs from combiner to combiner. Combiners that were originally intended to scramble can while those that weren't can't.
>>
>>6626249
>decepticon limbo champion, 1984-1985
>>
>>6626252
>>6626257
No, sadly. Brawl has tabs for fitting into his foot and brawl has slots, which are spaces slightly differently. On top of that, their ankle connectors are different sizes.
>>
>>6626265
knee connectors, I mean.
>>
>>6626257
>>6626265
Aw. I was hoping you might be able to fudge something.
>>
>>6626231
When are the next two sets due anyway? Got some other items I plan on picking up and don't want everything dropping all at once.
>>
>>6626371
I wish I knew.
>>
File: DOuH82tUMAArwE2.jpg (170 KB, 1001x1200)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>
File: DOuH82tVwAAoIDL.jpg (147 KB, 1001x1200)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>
File: DOuH82vV4AA9Jec.jpg (149 KB, 1001x1200)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>
>>6626397
On one hand, I really want stuff like this to do well. There're are a lot of designs that are straight up better served as detailed action masters instead of trying to make transformation compromises. On the other hand, they somehow made it 75 dollars, so I don't know what the fuck is going on.
>>
Thinking about getting Iron Factory's Blitzwing but those ankles look suspect. Are there any known issues with it?

>>6624045
Also, what's the smaller OP in this pic?
>>
>>6626460
>Also, what's the smaller OP in this pic?
The cab.
>>
>>6626462
Oh.
>>
>>6626371
>>6626382
The arms are meant for this month and ouslaught next month, weren't they?

I was under the impression that the team would be out before 2018
>>
>>6626607
"Before 2018" unfortunately means any time between now and 1 second before new years.
>>
File: stax.jpg (369 KB, 700x933)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
I suddenly have a thirst for Pipes. Poor guy has had like, zero figures since G1.

How is X-Transbots Stax? Anyone have him? He looks pretty great, but I've heard mixed opinions on X-Transbots stuff...
>>
File: low expectations.png (238 KB, 692x687)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>6626669
>X-Transbots
>>
File: 1472105186316.jpg (58 KB, 638x355)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>6626669
>X-Transbots
>>
>>6626689
>>6626704
Noted.
>>
Peru kill, where is best place to buy? I need black magic robot pirates in my life, but i hate tfdirect, they failed to deliver a gift a while ago and it just soured me on ever using them.
>>
>>6626720
The chosen prime
>>
>>6626669
Stax is fine enough, but the truck holds together with the chromed tabs of one of his guns, and the shoulders are prone to loosening over time.

He is fine for $20-30 if you like him, but be ready to fix his joints.
>>
>>6626724
Also noted. I'll see if I can find him cheap, and loose joints are never an issue. I always have futureshine at the ready. I've had to use it on literally every kind of Transformer I buy, retail, MP or 3P.

As for finding him cheap, people are trying to get 60+ for him on ebay. I guess I'll keep looking...
>>
>>6626737
Get the axis redeco from captured prey, or the erector redeco.
>>
>>6626723
Well, that is the best i can find, so, bought, thanks.

How long does it take to get one?
>>
>>6626780
Well, if you bought it before 3pm Arizona time, they will ship that day, After 3 and they ship the next business day. I can't recommend them enough actually.
>>
File: autoin.jpg (552 KB, 864x1152)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>6623154

Yep the cannon piece does a shit job in looks and functionality. I didn't even take the part out of the plastic and left it in the box when I got the remold. IF's might have a similar problem but at least it looks like it can bend the arm at 90 degrees.
>>
File: chinaebay.png (30 KB, 561x736)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
What do?
>>
>>6626836
>buying from China sellers
>ever
Hope you used paypal so you can get your money back.
>>
>>6626870
I did. I'm not that stupid.
>>
>>6626669
>I've heard mixed opinions on X-Transbots stuff...
Yeah, opinions from honest people and opinions from people lying to themselve.
I owned Stax (and Krank) and they're both shit. They feel like McDonalds toys, they stink and and simply don't look right next to good quality figures.
>>
>>6626833
Nice.... now to get them to ship it instead of stash it.
>>
File: 1510778899190.png (1.1 MB, 1315x735)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
lol
>>
>>6627022
Who ok'd this
>>
>>6627004
Yeah, I've had some good experiences with them where they ship shit out within hours, and then I've had them just straight up forget to send me my stuff for a week. Apparently their system isn't really automated and they do a lot of shit by hand, so you've gotta ride them if it's taking more than a day.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 541x777)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>6627022
Let's hope Volcanicus gets the enhanced KO treatment like >>6623074 since the only other Dinobot combiners are needlessly complex and incredibly unstable. Plus this design deserves better than an anorexic, stickered-up, weaponless waste of plastic.
>>
File: 1494796769235.jpg (72 KB, 738x415)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>6627022
>there will never be a good, solid dinobot combiner
I guess somethings were never meant to be.
>>
>>6627057
It's mostly just Grimlock who looks pretty bad in all modes. If a third party wants to cash in quick they need to get the ball rolling on a replacement. Same for a Hungrr with dragon head knees.
>>
did Drift just go live on preorder? Did it really take this long?
>>
>>6627357
Isn't Shuraking good?
>>
File: image.jpg (1.12 MB, 2242x3010)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>6627364
As a guy who managed to get a Slug and Swoop, I can wholeheartedly say they all need replacements. This is the extent of Slug's head range, and Swoop is just super flimsy looking as a limb. After increasing the price again, I'd actually expect improvements, not easily avoided mistakes.
>>
>>6627391
I own him and he's a complete mess combined. The individual bots are a mixed bag as well.
>>
>>6627399
Huh, OK. I always thought it looked cool.
>>
File: DSC00677.jpg (303 KB, 1091x726)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>dx9 is 10% too small
>mech planet is 30% too big
This is OK, I guess.
>>
>>6627412
It's kind of weird seeing all this well regarded legends hype while I'm on the complete opposite end of the collecting spectrum waiting for the next 12" event of a figure to come out.
>>
>>6627357
>big giant fat robot potato's for limbs
>ever being good
The problem is the design of the Dinobots doesn't lend well to anything but being Dinobots. 3 out of 4 limbs are giant robot baked potatos in terms of shape.
>>
>>6627412
Looks like he's the perfect height. Also, Bridge Watcher is beautiful.
>>
>>6627445
Yeah, I don't know how anyone could collect that huge stuff. Positively destroys any display space by being so overbearingly huge, meaning you need some gigantic display if you ever want them in a pose, and are so unwieldy due to their weight.

>>6627412
I prefer the Mech Planet Soundwave. I like my Soundwave on the taller side. They both look good though.
>>
File: DSC00673.jpg (275 KB, 1091x726)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>6627451
Yeah, now that I'm looking at them more, I think it's maybe just his head that's a little too small. Like I said though, it's fine. And bridge watcher is 100% un-ironically my toy of the year at this point.

>>6627453
>I prefer the Mech Planet Soundwave.
I might get him too just to see how I like him because he's so cheap. Extra-tiny ravage was definitely a point in favor of the DX9 one, though.

>Yeah, I don't know how anyone could collect that huge stuff. Positively destroys any display space by being so overbearingly huge
This. The way I look at it, all third party shit is overpriced no matter the scale or company, but space is definitely at a premium for me. A big boy like thunder erebus is fine here and there, but deluxes and legends are where it's at.
>>
File: 20171019_175200.jpg (2.95 MB, 5312x2988)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
>>6627467
>A big boy like thunder erebus

Made me laugh.
>>
File: Say Anything (1989).jpg (275 KB, 726x1091)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>6627469
*relatively big
>>
File: 20171019_175810.jpg (3.7 MB, 5312x2988)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB JPG
>>6627493
I don't even know how well that scale works in the legends realm. I know PMOP is a big fucker.
>>
>>6627497
Maketoys PMOP is perfect for Legends, as the core robot is almost identical in height to Bridge Watcher, with better articulation than Giganticus.
>>
>>6627497
Well, if you go by official cartoon scales, God Ginrai is about as big as Starsaber, who is the size of a combiner.
>>
>>6626397
The kink on the wrist is weird.
>>
Anybody have Hulkie kinda temtped to grab the KO
>>
>>6627621
Any good KO sellers in the US? Really don't feel like taking my chances on eBay and shit with China sellers.
>>
>>6627625
TFdirect is chinese, but they're very reliable and have most of the KO stuff. I've ordered a handful of stuff from them with no problems.
>>
File: 12966022255_e790a8b358_o.jpg (1.06 MB, 1920x1080)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>6627620
He's always had it.
>>
>>6627660
That's fair. I will buy it if they decide to do Ironhide and Jazz, then I will get a KO DMK OP and Bumble.
>>
>>6627667
Just got this guy today and I’m loving it except for the fact his eyes are trans plastic which makes them almost lost in his face.
>>
>>6627704
Whoops didn’t mean to link another poster.
I wish his eyes popped more like this. Still for his cost and what you get it’s a fantastic not MP.
>>
>>6627706
How much did you pay and where?
>>
>>6627706
Dug out my old 17 year old Scourge for comparison.
>>
>>6627718
TF source, was getting some anniversary gifts for my wife and tossed him in for myself since it was free shipping. $114 was the price on him.
>>
>>6627408
Yeah, he looks good its just a shame he's nothing more than a fragile statue.
>>
>>6627621
Welp watched a review on one of the other KOs so i'm going to give it a shot
>>
>>6627621
Can someone fill me in on why those Diaclone power suits are so ridiculously expensive for their size? Even the KO's are barely cheaper than the originals.
>>
>>6627788
i'm going to say nostalgia tax, but on the other hand they have a lot of tiny detailing all over so the mold itself may have costed a bit, and this is coming from a guy who likes the suits a lot.
>>
>>6627788

KOs go for around 1/2-1/3 of what the original cost on aliexpress
>>
File: MT Starscream.jpg (119 KB, 768x960)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Heads up. TCP stated they expect their starscreams in next week. Also the first of Zeta's arial bots is shipping too.
>>
>>6627821
Hopefully War Giant Set B arrives too. Their initial estimate was this Tuesday, but it got pushed back to next Tuesday at some point. But since no one has put out anything yet video-wise it seems doubtful.
>>
>>6627838
Unless they specifically say they are expecting an item, the forecast calendar doesn't mean shit man. They originally had the IF combaticons showing as a mid July release and they have been getting bumped weekly since then.
>>
>>6627840
I was gonna say, BBTS does this all the time, shit just gets automatically bumped up when it slips and they don't know anything in particular. I'd be pretty shocked if the second and third sets actually came out this year.
>>
>>6627704
I originally was really interested in this guy but the truck mode completely missed the mark killing it for me.
>>
>>6627870
Can you expand? I'm not all that familiar with what 3rd party can do.
>>
File: 2017-11-16 00.42.45.jpg (3.29 MB, 4032x3024)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
>>6627412
>>
>>6627412
Thinking of picking him and their other 2 Dinos. Just want to wait-and-see what kind of sales crop up next week first.
>>
>>6627916
It's just an ugly looking truck. It's not the sexy Western Star the original toy's alt mode is based on.
>>
>>6627725
They dropped the ball on the headsculpt. I gett hat they wanted a more generic Optimus head for the repaint, but the colors on the more angled Laser Optimus sculpt gave the original a far more unique, evil look.
>>
>>6627919
He looks alright in general, but sheesh, that head. That's the model kit, right? That thing's a bitch to find for a reasonable price.
>>
>>6627850
It's not that it's slipping, it's that they just throw up any old date and then slide it back as needed.
>>
>>6627919
So is it a rumor that Megs was designed by IF designers, or not? Because it does kind of remind me of an IF figure.
>>
Planet X Acidstorm and Sunstorm are available now. I know I finally ordered the green fucker.
>>
>>6627870
Oh look it's that guy who always bitches about Scourge's truck mode. It's literally only you who cares.

I mean, I understand, I'm a pretty big faggot for a good licensed alt. mode, but I feel like this is the best effort we're gonna get, third party or otherwise.

>>6627706
I bought the Laser Prime version, and his eyes have the same issue. They don't really show up unless you shine light directly on them. I was thinking about taking the head apart and just painting the eyes over with some gloss blue like standard MPs
>>
File: 20171116_204227_resized.jpg (598 KB, 2064x1161)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
Little stress marks on Armourboar's (apparently they have actual names?) on his shoulder ball joint sockets

I suspect I'm being a little too rough getting him out of tank mode, but it's tricking getting his arms untabbed.
>>
>>6628077
Mine doesn't have those.
>>
>>6628098
Yeah it's not a breakage or assembly issue or anything, just what happens when you aren't careful. It's seriously a bitch getting those arms untabbed from vehicle mode.

Shame it's such a noticable spot, too.
>>
>>6627821
I'm so torn on getting this. It does look very good in robot mode and that's the mode I care the most about but on the other hand, the partsforming nullrays are a huge step back from the MP-11 mold IMO.
>>
>>6627448
so, we change the designs of the dinobots.
>>
File: -577844982-2019062906.jpg (375 KB, 728x960)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
Can anyone with taobao experience give me a rough idea how much shipping costs? I'm trying to get pic related. Looking for the cheapest option, long shipping times are fine.
>>
>>6627919
Why are there no good reviews of the GT Leaders Set? I'd like to see more size comparisons with them.
>>
>>6627493
I'm going all in on thunder manus plus the divine armor set, Takara god ginrai made me physically upset.
>>
New Thread
>>6628677
>>6628677

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.