[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 15476801654_d246fa15e5_o.jpg (1.01 MB, 1440x954)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe (currently unavailable)
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to Ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
Recap of last thread:

>Cost of clothes/eyes/co. and why good stuff usually costs more

>The usually Danny Choo discussion

>One anon lost their doll prototype on route to the caster (did it ever arrive?)

>How to commission a face-up artist

>Spending money on your doll/how much does it cost to "finish" a doll

>Sailor Moon Dollfie Dream release

>SDink is back, her stuff is meh at best

>Pricing for Delfs and co., cheap options for used and old Volks

>Traps/Bishonen dolls in the hobby (tale as old as time)

>Pintsizedpalace got beef with Kohaku (and other PSP stuff)
>>
File: 34354346387.jpg (144 KB, 534x801)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Last thread here:
>>6590613

The /toy/ FAQ is right now unavailable.
One anon made a new one >>6659283, should we use this one or write another?
>>
>One anon lost their doll prototype on route to the caster (did it ever arrive?)
Nope. I put in an insurance claim and refunded all preorders. It really sucks.
>>
File: frenchgirls2.jpg (262 KB, 1224x816)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>6666632
Sorry to hear that. It must be terrible to go through all of it.
Personal experience, shipping from china always takes months, but eventually, the package would turn up.
>>
>>6666642
It’s been more than three months already and Usps cannot verify if it ever left the US and China said they never received it.
>>
>>6666642

i hope OL punished him for that one
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15 KB, 383x187)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>6666600
its not really "currently unavailable" its not coming back and i cant get it back

the gmail account i used is deleted gone byebye. until you find the anon with the buyfags.moe domain its not going to work ever again
>>
>>6667006
Currently unavailable as in "we have no FAQ right now"
>>
>>6666642
I really like your pics. Is there a sort of story behind it ?
>>
File: DSCF7420.jpg (385 KB, 1202x1063)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>6667937
There is no story behind them.
I take pictures when I get an interesting idea, or when anons respond with something interesting like this.
>>6666693
Then I try to take a picture set based on it.
Even 'OL' was named by anon on /bjd.
>>
File: DSCF7418.jpg (580 KB, 816x1224)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
And, when /bjd was talking about male dolls dressed like females, I took a picture set from that idea.
>>
>>6668451
>Sewing tools as bondage props
What do you make, Anon?
>>
>>6668461
NAYRT, but I think those are restringing tools.
>>
>>6668451
>>6668526
reminds me of this. disgusting.
>>
>>6668526
Oh whoops, I didn't know hemostats were used for that.
>>
>>6669564
If the feet are clean that’s no worse than using your hands, it’s not like they rubbed their dick on their doll lol
>>
>>6669831

i'm sure some dollfie dream owners have done that before.
>>
>>6668451
I love these two so much. You have a great sense of humour anon!

I'm a little worried right now. My DZ LuoLuo was shipped by EMS about two weeks ago from Jeeryama and the tracking hasn't updated for 11 days, she's still not here. I'm hoping it's just the December post rush?
>>
>>6669831
Look at those toes. There's no way those feet are clean.
>>
I got this lil bun in the mail and I can't deal with how cute
>>
>>6670281
And dropped my pic like an asshole
>>
>>6670282
Fuck anon, i just missed getting one of these guys. How do you like him? His little smile is so contagious!
>>
>>6670307
I love him. He fits in Calico critter/Sylvanian family perfect. They're totally available on the cocoriang website though! I know I want another one.
>>
File: feline.jpg (393 KB, 664x1000)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
Are there any owner pics of Maskcat Feline anywhere? I'm thinking of getting her but I kinda wanna see some, I searched for ages and couldn't find any which was a little odd since I found a whole bunch of the other Maskcat 26cm dolls...
>>
I dont understand how people feel the need to resort to using their feet to restring dolls.
There are SO MANY tools out there to aide you in doing it, even alone. And you cant even pull the "Oh i cant afford it boo hoo" Because you can make a head puller out of a wire hanger and you can get clamps on amazon for like 5$ or less. Smh your feet should never come in contact with a doll, especially one that isn't your own.

>>6670090
Mine got stuck for a while too, I think its just the time of year. I wouldn't worry too much anon, mine came eventually and was totally intact!
>>
What is all this shit about? Way to be "Professional"
>>
>>6670802
I love when people try to prove their superiority by having a masturbatory temper tantrum.
>>
>>6670801
Ngl I’ve used my feet to restring before. Mostly to hold one legs elastic while stringing the other. It makes me feel better than using clamps because clamps are metal and could scratch or dent the resin. Especially cheap resin. For things like hands I use bamboo skewers because they don’t dent.
But I also don’t restring anyone else’s dolls or post a pic of my feet online tho
>>
>>6670802
All the comments are people sympathizing and sucking up to her too, so she's deleting any comments that don't support her tantrum
>>
What is up with mirrorada/synthetic ephemera's face ups lately? They look so....bad....
>>
>>6671074
Looks like a combination of laziness and dosen't know the correct techniques to create the effects.
>>
>>6671074
Oh man, that looked alright in the thumbnail. What a mess. AT LEAST clean up around the lips.

Speaking of faceups, I'm currently on the hunt for an artist. I found a couple of artists on Instagram whose work I really liked. Does anyone have experience with Meggilu/Meggilu House and Clockwork Angel Faceups?
>>
>>6669831
>>6669840
I can admit, Yes I done that a few times both to my regular bjd and dollfies, I can't resist, They are so damn cute... How can any Male bjd owner resist?...
>>
>>6666586
I was looking for the bjd thread for a good 5 minutes on my phone thanks to your damn shitty OP picture... fuck you.. post a real doll as the OP next time..

I had to get on the PC and ctrl+f BJD to find this.
>>
>>6671317

what is a "real doll" to you? OP's pic is a bjd. this is a bjd thread. make the thread yourself next time if you don't like it
>>
>>6670801
I have arthritis and I have a thread puller. I can't muster up enough strength in the limb sometimes. But then, if someone is wearing clean socks or has clean feet, it isn't worse than someone's hands. People are filthy in general.
>>
>>6671326 Assuming this post was meant for >>6671321

I was just dicking around. Yeah OPs doll is a bjd i can agree, But it kinda didn't look like one in the thumbnail.
>>
>>6671331
I agree with this guy. Clean feet or clean whatever is okay with me.

And honestly you can just wash a doll's body easily provided it has not been painted.
>>
>>6671347

I scratch my balls all the time with my hands, never done it with my feet though.
>>
File: 26784923049_f91297d698_h.jpg (326 KB, 1600x1068)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>6671345
I usually circle through the pics* so it's not always a) a female doll or b) a DD.
I try to regularly do male, female, anthro, DD and it's nice if it somewhat fits the "Edition" of the thread too. Also always use horizontal pics so they are bigger in the catalogue.
Sorry it didn't live up to your expectations this time.

* (if Office-Chan anon doesn't open the newest thread before I do)
>>
File: 1511175044684.jpg (40 KB, 500x642)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>6671403
>Not scratching your balls with your dolls hands.
>>
>>6671545
this anon knows
>>
>>6671419
Don't mind the asshat, I love the festive cheshire kitty

Actually I really like all these animal bjds, both normal and anthro. Cats and rabbits especially, they're so charming.
>>
>>6671419
>>6671874
Agreed, I like them too. My favourite are the little birds.
>>
I feel slightly insane preparing for the arrival of my new doll. It's like I'm a mom preparing for a new baby. Is this normal? Have I gone off of the deep end already?
>>
File: 3046151138_09856519da.jpg (118 KB, 334x500)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>6672369
As long as you don't make a baby shower it's fine.
>>
What's all this bullshit drama with Elfgutz and Dollzkastle? Elfgutz is saying Dollzkastle sold them a recast. Well duh, all of Dollzkastle's dolls are recasts. It's plain as day.
>>
>>6672536
Oh shit, what's going on?! Drama-lovin' anon here again, btw.
>>
>>6672620
http://elfgutz.tumblr.com/post/168501640862/scammer-warninguntrustworthy-bjd-owner

Here's the post anon
>>
>>6672649
Thanks, man. Stangely enough, I happened to browse through Dollzkastle's (never heard of them before nor that they're supposed to be popular) IG today and was wondering why they never bothered to tag their doll's company and sculpts. Well, the recasts and the "but u cooppy mee!!!1!1" drama would answer that question, I guess.
>>
>>6672649
Elfgutz seems like a dramatical stalker of the crazy ex-girlfirend type in here. I know she was scammed, but kinda scary...
>>
>>6672850
Since they had admitted that they did/say a lot of shit because they liked to rile up people and called themselves a troll I am not surprised in the slightest to read they would do such a stalker-esque thing too.

It's just silly they come up with this now. Love how Elfgutz likes to act always so tough but then turns into a whiny "but what if they will be mean to me" bitch when it comes to spilling the beans on someone.
>>
>>6672866
I know what you mean. Sometimes I'm really surprised to see how childish adults can behave. Nobody is forced to look at the shit someone else is spewing about you on THEIR channel/blog etc.
Also, why be bothered by what any of them say, they don't even know you.
>>
>>6672649
I'm not even halfway through and I already chuckled. How hilarious is it that of all people, Elfgutz says
> i had planned gyaru nails for msd comet months before she did hers + she doesn’t own it and it’s a popular style
Isn't this the bitch who thinks she invented fairy kei?
>>
>>6672369
totes normal.

actually, after a nasty miscarriage, looking forward to new doll really, really helped get me out of a funk.
>>
Damn, what's it with all the fucking people on DOA asking if BJD shop sells legit dolls?!
It would take them one second to google the info they're looking for but they keep opening a new thread for it. Also, all the new people asking absolute newb questions like where to buy a doll, how to remove stains from my custom Blythe (Yes, on DOA!), why is everyone so fucking lazy?! And why is nobody using the site's seach engine to check whether somebody had asked a similar question before?
>>
>>6673030
that's been DoA since time immemorial.
>>
>>6673030
Perhaps those people should ask bjd shop directly whether they sell legit dolls?
It clearly says on bjd shop's website they sell recasts.
>>
File: Elfcaste.png (315 KB, 798x592)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>6671201
Meggilu house is lovely, is she still taking commissions?
And, don't quote me, pRETTYY SURE Clockwork Angel is a racist/anti-muslim? So up to you if you wanna support that.

Also lil update on elfgutz sitch
>>
>>6673107
>racist/anti-muslim
so she's sane?
>>
>>6673256
Take your bullshit elsewhere love, we have dramatic bitches and plastic toys to deal with.
>>
>>6673107
I kinda wanna hear more about the Clockwork Angel thing, I like her DD customs but I was always a little hesitant to commission her because I got weird vibes from her accounts so I never did
>>
>>6673107
>pRETTYY SURE Clockwork Angel is a racist/anti-muslim? So up to you if you wanna support that
I mean, I was raised Muslim, but there's a reason I'm an atheist now. That doesn't personally bother ME, but how on earth do people let their less than savory opinions make it out to the public like this? There are some things I would only ever say on 4Chan.

Good to hear about Meggilu House, at least. I like her style. I'm not a fan of the natural look, which is what most faceup artists seem to concentrate on. At one point, I had even considered getting my doll painted by Kayke of all people just because I didn't know ANYONE else who actually acknowledged the existence of eye shadow and lipstick. Instagram's explore function is useful after all.

>>6673107
They're both crazy. Like actually insane crazy. I still cannot believe Elfgutz actually pretended to be this girl's #1 fan. She should have just made the PSA about the scam, got the money back, and gone back to her life, but I guess that would be too logical for Elfgutz.
>>
anyone excited about the Soom events?
>>
>>6672649
>i am not a liar
Bitch you literally just admitted to catfishing someone lmao
>>
>>6673332
Sorry homie, afk rn (channing on a phone like the pos i am), i can't find any deets atm.

>>6673335
I made the original post (>>6673107) and was also raised muslim/now atheist, more to do with the fact I'm a lesbian than anything else. But I ain't gonna give my money to someone with what I consider negative beliefs.

Also Elfgutz is like, certifiably insane I'm pretty sure.
To me it seems odd she comes out with this a few months / up to a year after the event occurs?
She just has had a lull in attention and needs a jolt.
>>
>>6673107
http://elfgutz.tumblr.com/post/168527090217/

More info for those interested
>>
>>6671321
Just use the 'find on page' function for 'BJD' next time ya goof. Whatever browser's on your phone should have one.
>>
>>6670802
>I'm not gonna lay down and get dry fucked by your opinions anymore
Jesus. Where's the anon from last thread who thought we were exaggerating how hilariously dramatic this bitch is
>>
>>6671347
>>6670817
Yeah it's nbd.

On the other hand....
>>6671317
Please never resell any of your dolls
>>
>>6671317
Gamma Ray, that you...?
He gives me that vibe, and is one of the few such overtly-horny male collectors that also buys resin. Back in the DoD days i remember we found a whole "sexy BJD/DD photo forum" where all of the posts were just Gamma Ray and one 40yo guy writing awful erotica to go with flash photos of their dolls.
>>
>>6673423
>also, people keep saying “why wait a year thoooo?” and like i said, i was catfishing them, didn’t want more drama, fresh out of hospital, scared to post bc of backlash, felt bad for them be they said they were living in a hotel at the time etc etc
>like i said, i was catfishing them
>didn’t want more drama

I did nothing to deserve such good drama. Bless you for sharing this with us, anon. I haven't used tumblr in a good minute and have Elfgutz blocked on Instagram, so I would very likely have missed all of this.
>>
>>6673446
That dude gives me the fucking creeps. I see he goes to meet ups near me, despite not being from that area, and I'm terrified of ever having to come face to face with a lesbian doll fetishist.
I don't know how we permit people like that in our communities. Lolitas kick sissys out of their comms, why don't we do the same?
>>
>>6673455
>lesbian doll fetishist
Is it not okay that all of my dolls are dykes? I just want to create a yuritopia.
>>
File: 1512617710437.png (70 KB, 645x729)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>6672649
>>6673423
>Elfgutz expected them to not respond to the claim and let her win automatically
>>
>>6673461
I mean as long as you're not creeping on real people and forcing people to either listen to or view your weird fantasies, there's no harm being done.

>>6673462
Her god complex is showing again.
>>
>>6673446
>where all of the posts were just Gamma Ray and one 40yo guy writing awful erotica to go with flash photos of their dolls
jeebus
>>
>>6673467
I don't have friends or weird fantasies so I'm golden.
>>
>>6673289
stay mad, shitskin
>>
>>6673446
Was he the guy that smeared shit all over a few Volks dolls waaay back in the day?
>>
don’t feed the troll, hide and move on

>>6673461
As long as you’re not being publicly horny (which is that guys problem, as well as rampant among DD people) it’s fine
>>
>>6673438
>Please never resell any of your dolls
Okay. I don't plan on it. I have become too attached. I get sentimental about everything.
>>
>>6673446
I want to see one of these flash photos you speak of now.
>>
So, I've been on doa for a couple of month now but I'm having problems building up enough posts for marketplace access. I just don't know what to post about/ what threads to join. Most threads there seem kinda slow/stale or are mostly ass kissing that I don't care about (God, that really makes me appreciate 4chan...)Anyone has any adivce for this anon who only needs doa for its mp?
>>
Can anyone comment on their experience with azone lil fairies? I want to get the santa one because she's so cute but their hair quality seems like a pain.
>>
>>6673918
Yep, I was in the same boat as you. I have zero interest in interacting with 99% of DOA's population, and I just wanted to buy/sell stuff. I ended up just going through a couple of doll photos a day, trying to find something I liked about even the fugliest of dolls, and ass kissing.
>>
File: 20171214_203808.png (587 KB, 716x1040)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
This happens so often and yet still i am frustrated.
Why dont the people keep practicing on the heads they have??
Do people really pay this?
>>
>>6674140
some will, because it's cheap and there a people who don't want to spend "a lot of money" on face-ups, clothes, wigs, etc. but also don't want to try doing it themselves.
>>
>>6674030
I wish I could just do the same. For some reason I can't get myself to comment on other peoples dolls if I dont like what I see. I'm somehow absolutely unable to do that :((
>>
>>6674231
Mate, I can't believe that there's not at least one shooting/one doll on DoA that you like. Just check the "Highlight" threads in the Gallery.
Sorting by most comments usually does the trick (granted some of the threads are very old and were the tits back then but feel now a little outdated, but still):
https://denofangels.com/forums/photo-gallery.16/?order=reply_count&direction=desc

If you can't be assed to compliment people, just post into the million General Discussion threads and leave your opinion there:
https://denofangels.com/forums/general-discussion.10/
>>
>>6674140
This is a horrible thing to say but we are anonymous here. I can't believe people can suck at something this badly. My first attempts at faceups were not this bad. How the fuck do you PRACTICE and end up at this level? Are you just having little mini seizures every time you draw an eyebrow? Is paint thinner against your beliefs? Did you never learn how to color in school? Did your mother never teach you how to put makeup on? How is it even possible to be this bad?
>>
>>6673517
He what? Why?
>>
>>6674140
Believe it or not, there are enough people who are worse than this.
They rather commission someone who's cheap, available (!), probably local and a bit better than themselves than invest into materials and practice.
Either pay 25$ and receive something you couldn't do better either OR pay way more for an equally shitty, self-made result.
Option 3, pay more for a good result, is crazy to them. Not to mention that good artists aren't as easy to commission.

>>6674454
I think this every time when I see face-ups from that one person on Tumblr. They number the face-ups and are at nearly 100. There's just so little visible change in them. I know roughly how much I did myself (similiar amount she has done) and we are worlds apart.
The fact they don't even properly clean the heads prior painting (there's always some crusty residue especially between the lips) and can't be assed to paint lashes makes it even funnier. Don't call it a face-up attempt if you skip major parts.

Anyway, problem is: just repeating shit =/= practice.
To actually get better at something you need to know what you are doing.
You need to learn some theory, apply it, look at your work and ask yourself what's lacking and so on.
If you just mindlessly paint 100 heads you will not be much better in the end. If I play violin for 100 hours I will not get better just because I never stopped moving my arm. Repeating the same wrong step again and again will not magically lead to the correct result.
>>
File: faceup.png (740 KB, 895x669)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>>6674514
Another great example of repeated attempts and not getting any better.

This person has probably done 200+ faceups and yet their style still looks the same as when they first started. I can't say its terrible or anything but it's just not very good either. (those eyelashes are something else, though.)
>>
>>6673446
Honestly, I've met him IRL and he's really not that bad. He doesn't act creepy or fetishy in public, and he's actually quite friendly and nice to everyone about their dolls.

I think he's high-functioning autistic, or maybe he's got some social anxiety issues.
>>
>>6675073
Seconding this. I actually had to look up the DoA name before realizing it’s the guy I’ve met at meet ups. He’s.... odd, but no more pervy seeming than the average yaoi fangirl in person. Granted I’m a /jp/ crossposter so it’s possible I just have a high tolerance. At least his dolls styling has improved since he started coming.
>>
>>6673563
...flash photos meaning the camera flash was on, in case you were thinking something else. Although there was probably also nudity.
>>
>>6674254
This, it’s really not that hard to fine threads to non-painfully post to. I have very little sympathy for people who gripe about the posting requirements and assume they are either too lazy or dumb to figure this out themselves .
>>
Does somebody else experience a decrease in your post number on DoA? I thought if any of my posts was deleted I'd get a notification that it had happened, as it did so before in cases like this.
>>
>>6675459
There are a couple subforums regularly purged, which will lower your post count without a notification
>>
>>6675479
Thanks!
>>
>>6674963
The technique is fine, it's just the stylistic choices that are gross (the lashes first and foremost.) I wonder often how many bad faceups with good technique like this result from client stubbornness, like in graphic design.
>>
>>6676404
In my opinion you, sooner or later, need to reach a point where you have to either save your customer from bullshit decisions or better not work for him.

A possible future customer or any other person will not waste a thought whether the design is your fault or something you did with gritted teeth because the customer insisted on it. No matter what, it will only look bad for you.

Besides, even stuff like blue eyebrows can be done well or glued in blue lashes. But those are low quality lashes and the face-up is overall lacking depth to compensate for the bold eyebrows/painted lashes.
>>
>>6677640
Speaking of low quality lashes, where the fuck are people getting these sad one lash per mile looking lashes? You can get really nice quality lashes from Sephora for under $10. Hell, even Daiso has some pretty, full false eyelashes.
>>
>>6673455
What about gay doll fetishists?
>>
>>6677978
AYRT, just as gross, but I feel sketchier around lesbian-fetishistic men as a lesbian person in the same hobby, on a forum that claims to be "PG-13"
>>
>>6674963
If it were me, I would've taken photos for my portfolio before inserting those lashes. They really bring down an otherwise alright faceup.
>>
>>6677978
wtf do these gay and lesbian doll fetishists even do that's so gross?

There are dudes who have sex with their dolls you know... And show it on the internet.
>>
>>6678166
I guess she is objecting to things like pic related. Which I do agree is in poor taste but like, just ignore it.
>>
>>6677640
I mean. Like with graphic design, the result is that you won't have customers because they will flip their shit. Which is fine for some people -- I think many many faceup artists DO follow your described path, to the end result that they retire or only accept commissions from friends and acquaintances -- or else they suck it up and keep giving people what they want.
>>
>>6678166
Presuming this post is from a guy (because it sounds like the same poster earlier in this chain)...you know how seeing a yaoi photostory with over the top unrealistic bishie boys might make you uncomfortable? Same thing. And if that doesn't make you uncomfortable, it's possible you just have a high threshold for discomfort/cringe, but try asking a fellow dude why he is wigged out by ridiculous yaoi.

Sure we can and will just scroll past, but odds are you do still end up seeing cringey shit and going "ugh", for however brief a time.
>>
>>6678200
>Presuming this post is from a guy (because it sounds like the same poster earlier in this chain)
Did somebody say they were a guy? Besides the creepy DD owner.
>>
>>6678189
Honestly I don't even mind stuff like that. At least that looks as pretty great as far as BDSM lesbian dolls go. It's when the owner won't shut the fuck up about their dolls' weird fetish-y backstories that it becomes a problem.

On a completely unrelated note, I would pay good money for a sewing machine made specifically for doll clothes. I need the strength and perfection of machine stitching without the whole eating my doll's sleeves thing.
>>
>>6678341
>On a completely unrelated note, I would pay good money for a sewing machine made specifically for doll clothes. I need the strength and perfection of machine stitching without the whole eating my doll's sleeves thing.
Agreed. In the meantime, do you put a sheet of tissue paper under the stuff you sew to keep it from getting eaten by the feed dogs?
>>
Anyone know where to buy some used dolls besides ebay?
>>
>>6678486
what model you looking for, theres lots of places
>>
>>6678195
>Like with graphic design, the result is that you won't have customers because they will flip their shit

Ideally you get to a point where you don't have to desperately accept everyone as a customer. If you really need the money and lack a comfy cushion of return customers/aren't good or popular enough that people will line up for you anyway it's true that you just need to do what your customer wants and hope it doesn't bite you in the ass later.

Else it's better to work with people who want you for your style/enjoy your ideas (doesn't have to be friends); the end result turns out better, it's less stressful for you and it's better for the customer too. It's no surprise that good artists sooner or later go into this 'only working for friends/return customers' mode. Making art is exhausting enough, if you are forced to do something that goes against your personal aesthetic/style for too long it just sucks any fun out of it.

>>6677978
People who only have homosexual dolls (especially of the opposite sex) make me cringe no matter what, especially when it's all over the top, stereotype, fetish stuff. Doesn't matter if it's a guy with lesbian dolls or a woman with gay dolls.

However, also cringe when homosexuals have only homosexual dolls. I'm gay myself, but it just irks me heavily when to some that's all there is to their personality and everything they do needs to scream "I AM GAY".
Extra points when they do bad stereotype shit too, like, way to go pal. Thanks for making it even worse for us.

Dunno, just prefer well rounded groups and characters.
And people who don't wear their fetishes on their sleeves 24/7 and with everything they do. Especially when it's shared among people who are not into it/the place isn't appropriate and the hobby itself is actually non-sexual.
Not to mention that there's something inherently "urgh" about some fetishizing someone elses sexuality and turning it into some weird fantasy play.
>>
>>6678486
Facebook groups, DoA, other forums, Instagram for regular stuff. Just need to find the places the community meets, there will always be a marketplace or people selling their stuff.

Mandarake, Dollyteria for cheapo older Volks models and the occassional non-Japanese BJD.

Stay away from ebay.
>>
>>6678486
Just want some cute used dolls. I got one on ebay a few months ago and i had so much fun with it.

The cheaper price really makes me feel less guilty about handling it and all that.

>>6678547
Ill go ahead and look these up now thanks.
>>
>>6678486
Stay away from eBay, friend. You'll end up with a bootleg doll. >>6678547 has some pretty good sources. I personally am a fan of buying/selling on Instagram just because it's incredibly easy to communicate on there, and the seller can direct message you additional photos if required. Den of Angels (DoA) is good, too, however, you will need to make an account and meet the required post limit to access the marketplace.
>>
>>6678688
Used BJDs aren't really thaaaat much cheaper. Are you sure you didn't buy a bootleg/recast? Ebay is full with them.

Are you looking for a certain aesthetic, size, state? As said, Mandarake is a good source for some older Volks models, they usually need some love but they are incredibly cheap.
>>
>>6678699
The one i got from was the same model as the one i have at home. Just white skin instead of pink. Everything looked exactly the same though. Came with the same box and pillow too. Cost half as much as the one i got new. Didn't have that certificate though... byt also didnt have the freshly molded smell.
But i made sure not to buy onethat ships from china or thailand or all that.

I mostly just want another female 1/3 or 1/4 doll.
>>
>>6678717
I forgot to mention it came with the same dress socks and shoes mine did.
>>
File: sousuiseiseki.jpg (172 KB, 427x640)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>6675459
Mods are purging due to Photobucket TOS changes too, so I guess they're sweeping up other stuff as well.

>>6678486
If you are patient and keen on finding legits, you can find some pretty darn good deals by looking on Mandarake and Yahoo! Japan Auctions. It may require some google translate, but you can find some really great stuff.
>>
File: DSCF7428.jpg (333 KB, 666x995)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
Lori-Alter stopped by. I managed to get her to pose for a few quick pics.
>>
File: DSCF7426.jpg (196 KB, 979x653)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>6678763
>>
I browsed through kiwifarms and apparently PSP was doxed plus the beef with kohaku seems to be about latter asking her for a compensation for doll stuff she made her?
>>
>>6678751
So if my post count drops, will I lose marketplace access?
I doubt i have so few posts but Im curious.
>>
>>6678924

link?
>>
>>6678974
Sorry, I don't have one right now, my phone's browser keeps crashing but just type PSP's moniker in the search bar and you'll find it.
>>
>>6678974
I'm not the anon you're replying to, so hopefully this is the right link.

>https://kiwifarms.net/threads/ball-jointed-doll-bjd-collectors.9436/page-19

Ctrl+F Kohaku and it'll come up. For everyone at work, here it is:
>Instagram user and bjd collector PintSizedPalace/Swandzz/Sarah Wandz (?) decided to cut ties with other Instagram user and bjd collector kohaku_creations after the latter asked for compensation for the free shit they made her. Instead of handling things maturely and privately, Sarah pitched a fit publicly and made the post linked above.
Confession blogs have been going nuts since this happened (the one in particular doesn't tag usernames, the mod is kind of autistic and refuses to namedrop people directly; look for butchering of Sarah's handles, "pintsizedpalace" and "swanzz"), and Sarah decided to chimp out harder and make this video here.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BchuX1ZgRJr/
https://archive.is/pACva

Some gems from the replies:
>It amazes me all this bjd cows who are into a very expensive hobby and expect to get free shit.
>Her artistic abilities are shit, she can' t do faceups or blushings properly(she severely stained a clients head and didnt disclose the damage + hot glue tears lmao) and her sculpted head looks like a deformed goblin. I have no idea how anyone can even bother to look at heir atrocoius work. If you are so damn edgy at least fangirl actually talented artists with that aesthetic.
>>
>>6678966
no, you won't. Its just before initial access.
>>
Do I expect too much if I plan on trading my seven years old volks standard doll for a ten years old volks yosd?
>>
>>6679155
That depends. Which dolls are we talking about here?
>>
>>6680147
SD f47 and yosd ryo
>>
>>6680186
SD F47 is a cute.
Yo Ryo tho is kind of HTF in the western market. I'd try to sell the 47 and snatch a Ryo from Manda or Closetchild. Most people on DoA still think Volks Yos are valuable...
>>
Officially got the insurance payment for my prototype doll. Still pretty crushed. Payment was minimal at best. Didn’t even cover materials (but I expected that.)
>>
>>6680344
Aw man, I'm really sorry you had to go through all of this. It was depressing enough just reading about it. I hope this hasn't killed your motivation to make a doll, and I hope the next time goes much, much better.
>>
>>6680283
I've been trying to sell it for a year, nobody wants him. Might als be due to the fact that I don't want to sell abroad.
>>
>>6680404
I meant also
>>
>>6680404
The secondhand market is a bit trash right now (and has been for some time- anyone know why?), so I actually wouldn't get too discouraged even though it's been a year.
>>
>>6680570
worldwide economy has gotten poorer, not richer. Recession/depression isn't over and secondhand market prices are often inflated and buyer pool has shrank due to people having to leave the hobby.
>>
>>6680570
Your thing is probably too overpriced senpai.
An item is only worth what people willing to spend.
>>
>>6680344
Some nigger stole it and sold it to a thrift shop for crack money.
Its sitting on a dusty shelf for 50 bucks right now.
>>
>>6681241
I doubt it, considering it was in pieces and very delicate. I'm pretty sure it's either in a forgotten corner, fell behind something, or someone stole it, opened it, and was like 'the fuck is this shit' and threw it out. Thanks for playing, though.
>>
File: million.jpg (269 KB, 1224x816)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
I am holding the doll ransom for 1 million dollars.
>>
>>6681348
For every hour you don't get the money you'll strip her naked and then blind fold and tickle her feet for 5 minutes and then you increase the tickling another 5 minutes each hour?
>>
>>6681356

anon, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>6679155
>>6680186
There is actually a Ryo in the FB group "BJD Addicts Commissions and Sales Page" right now.
280$. Doesn't say anything regarding trades, but that they are more interested in big dolls and that's why they are selling.
Located in the US, in case you are from there.
User's name is "Ichijouji Ken".
>>
>>6681239
I was actually trying to sell for under 300$...
>>
>>6681653
Thanks. I think the same person also put it up for sale on ebay, at least the part about being more interested in bigger dolls in the discriptions sounds familiar. Well, 300$ + 114$ for shipping (according to the ebay listing) is kind of a kick to the balls, though.
>>
>>6681759
post the doll photos, maybe there is something wrong with the sale photos we can help identify.
>>
>>6681653
I came across this asshole seller on eBay who copies Mandarake and Dollyteria listings for Volks dolls and other non BJDs (pictures included) and tries to sell the dolls he doesn't have for a 100%+ mark-up. It's not a scam I think (has a 100% feedback score).

It's probably one of these ploys where unbeknownst to them, buyers are tricked into using a proxy service (that's what the "seller" actually is). You pay for your order then the seller buys it from the stores mentioned above and sends it to you/ opens a account at the store's website with you're name and has the store send the doll to your location. (I have the suspicion he mightn't be the only one who does this, there are other eBay sellers that have 10000+ listings and a lot of negative feedback from customers complaining that they bought and paid for an Item only to have the order canceled because the seller didn't have the item).

I know it's not illegal but the dishonesty...
Usually I don't give a damn what people/sellers in the hobby do but this got me really mad?

Just thought I'd let you know.

Sellers eBay name: niconicoyuka
>>
>>6682308
what a shitstain of a human being, can't ebay ban them for not admitting to be a proxy service and pretending to be a real seller?
>>
>>6682308
>>
>>6682308
compare
>>
>>6682311
I'm pretty sure it's against ebay's policies but I don't know if tey will do anything even if the seller were to be reported to them. There are actual scammers on their platform and they know it yet they don't ban them. Also, It's pretty easy to just open a new account with a different name.
>>
>>6682312
>>6682314
welp, now I'm mad too
>>
File: FB_Ryo.png (416 KB, 496x884)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>6682308
Whaaaat the fuck. I would still report it, even if it might not help. This is just crazy.

>>6682296
I attached a screenshot for you from the FB listing.
Their DoA name is "pleiades".
>>
>>6682345
Just checked ebay's policies. Couldn't find anything in there that says it's against their rules.
>>
>>6682362
Well, they technically don't have the stuff at hand AND as far as I can tell don't advertise that it is a kind of pre-order or service?
I can't believe it's okay to sell stuff you don't own nor have ordered.
>>
https://www.ebay.com/itm/253318186738
https://www.dollyteria.com/phone/product/72791
Same Item
>>
>>6682368
Ebay website won't let me report the seller. The drop down menu doesn't list anything that is related to the reason why I wanna report this guy.
>>
>>6682383
try stolen item
>>
I've been following Dearmine for over a year now. Anyone know if they ever plan to do another release of their Saera, or should I get a priscilla and just try hunting down a second hand Saera later on at this point
>>
Just got my first every dollfie (Len Kagamine DDS) and was wondering, do dollfies come with a little bit of styling product already in the hair? I thought the wig came totally unstyled. My len has some flicked out parts where product has been used. I got him on Mandarake as unopened
>>
File: 29224983073_695b929697_h.jpg (477 KB, 1600x1066)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>>6684178
The ones with obviously styled hair, like Len, do come pre-styled. DD limiteds are pretty much made for the type of collectors who literally just wanna unpack the doll, dress it and have it look like on the box.
>>
>>6684178
The Kagamine twins are pretty notorious for having hit-and-miss pre-styled hair, yeah. Some of them have okay styling and I think there were a few that had really gloppy amounts of product in them
>>
>>6684210
Yeah there is a LOT of product in some places and none where there should be product. The person who styled this wig really didn't try at all!

>>6684200
Ah I see, with Len you'd still have to style a lot to get his wig looking like the box
>>
>>6684228
Are you sure it isn't semen anon?
It's quite common on dollfies actually.
>>
>>6684242
No, Len's hymen is still there so surely its not semen?
>>
Where is a good place to look for Taobao group orders for doll stuff? Alternatively, where can I purchase either Cubeco's doll eye mold or a similar eye mold?
>>
File: 325626z.jpg (75 KB, 589x405)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Dang! Theres 2 of them getting bid on Y!A. Its rare to see them not listed on a 'buy it now' for 4k dollars.

>some RM fan
>>
File: 35656269274_bebc0c69b4_o.jpg (1.07 MB, 1068x1424)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>6684576
At least from my local forum I know TB group orders are a hot mess.

Because you have one person who needs to communicate everything through a dealer and there's often shit like "sellers needs more info" or "sorry, 5 of your 8 pieces are not available" or "not available after you paid already" handling such a GO isn't exactly fun. It's a shitton of work and unlike splits you as a leader don't get anything out of it.
And as a participant shit can be messy too.

It's honestly easier to just order there yourself (or with a friend) and cover the fees yourself.

Anyway, VelvetWay on etsy sells eye molds (just type in bjd eye mold) in the search.
Or try Sprouty:
https://www.sproutydoll.com/collections/diy-and-eye-make
>>
>>6685202
I'm hesitant to buy from Sprouty just because she's shamelessly selling overpriced Cubeco molds, but I will buy from VelvetWay. I didn't even think about Etsy. Thanks, anon!
>>
I just jumped in and ordered my first doll. It's a Kid Delf, which I believe is about a 1/4 scale. Are there any stores on AliExpress that make doll clothes in this size?
>>
>>6687056
Yes, there are stores that make doll clothes in that size. Do you want to order from them? Ehhhh. The nice thing about AliExpress is that each individual item has its own reviews, not just the seller, and you can also view only reviews that include photos. I strongly recommend you do this. There are a lot of stores on AliExpress, so just search for msd clothes and take a look. I have no store in particular to recommend. They're all mediocre, and the prices are nothing to write home about. Can you tell us what kind of clothing you're looking for and what your budget is? We can recommend stores other than supercheapbjd2015 and co.

I will say that if you're MAKING clothes, AliExpress is great for doll sized fabrics (as in, the patterns have been scaled down to 1/6, 1/4, and 1/3 scale so it doesn't look like you made your doll's dress out of a bed sheet).
>>
>>6687152
>AliExpress is great for doll sized fabrics
Different anon but are there recommended stores for these?
>>
>>6687166
I am currently waiting on an order from the shop 2013CheapBuy.

Here's one of their listings: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-diy-Handmade-Doll-clothes-material-package-doll-accessories-for-Blythe-barbie-bjd-best-Christmas/521941_32806676723.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.7725150cxFPDSj

And then from there, naturally you can just click around the suggested items/sellers section and get lost in the AliExpress rabbit hole.
>>
>>6687152
I like fashionable, modern clothes the most. Frilly dresses are great and all but I think doll-sized street fashion would be great.
I would prefer the price to at least be reasonable, I guess. I don't want to shell out an additional $300 for my first outfit.
>>
>>6687236
Thanks! I don't sew yet so before I go out buying nice fabric I'll want to practice on some old bedsheets or whatever anyway, but I'll keep that filed away in my bookmarks.
>>
>>6687341
Jo-Ann will have $1 fat quarters every once in a while. If you have a Daiso near you, some of them will have fabric for $1.50. The nice thing about dolls is that you can get by on scraps and remnants, so you don't really need to buy too much to practice with.
>>
>>6687363
I'll have to see what I can find. I live in a small Canadian city that generally has no great option for any kind of store you want to go to.
>>
>>6686753
Please don't buy from Sprouty. She took half a year to ship out my order (even though I had a 30 day guarantee shipping date), and her eyes suck.
>>
>>6688116
Yeah, after doing some more research on her, that hesitant to order is now a you could not pay me to buy from her. She's Culur levels of sketchy.
>>
>>6682296
Oh this is actually my listing... Why does the shipping say it's $114 on ebay? It might because I kind of rush listed it and might have messed up the shipping costs. I updated it to be auto-calculated now though. (The price for the actual doll is a little more on ebay to compensate for listing costs...)

Anyways, I'm just looking for a quick sale so I'm not really interested in trades.
>>
File: DR2GdKVXUAAiGbi.jpg (400 KB, 1663x2046)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
A lil late, but happy holidays to all from my first ever doll!
>>
>>6689926
The hat is adorably silly, happy holidays anon
>>
File: 10262057b3.jpg (70 KB, 600x800)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
I know Picco Neemo are just action figures that you can dress up, but are there any real bjds at 1/12 scale? I like building dioramas, but anything bigger than 1/12 takes a bit too much space.

Or does anyone have some pictures of 1/6 scale dioramas, room boxes, things like that? I might be able to swing that.
>>
>>6690393
Like BJD-BJDs? Not that I know of. Imagine how difficult that would be to make. Picco Neemo does have a doll line, and you can easily hybrid with the bodies. 1/6 offers a lot more options. You have a decent amount of options for 27cm bjds, like Unoa Light.
>>
>>6690393
I think dollmore has a 1/12 doll called banji you can also get them as a kit which is a bit cheaper than the pre-assembled version. There's also this artist that sells 1/12 scale adult bjds on Etsy I think. I see them on ebay sometimes.
>>
I finally managed to get DOA MP access but oh shock! It's kinda stale/ has many expensive dolls/heads?
>>
>>6680283
>Most people on DoA still think Volks Yos are valuable...

Wa-Wait, they're not?!
Aren't Volks dolls like the pinnacle in the hobby and worth the crazy secondhand mark-up?
>>
>>6691180
Hello, 2006 time traveler-kun!

>>6691169
Oh. That is disappointing. I was hoping for cool doll clothing sales. Where does one find good, unique doll clothes? There are so many options for Minifee. I can't sift through the regretsy part of Etsy.
>>
>>6691237
Never checked the outfit section because that's not what I'm looking for. Taobao has all the cool /inexpensive chlothes (just my opinion). Secondhand isn't worth it (at least where I live, unless it's a trade) with all the people selling used basic shit with a mark-up. I'd rather get a used Volks outfit from JP for that money, place a Tao order or something.
>>
>>6691268
Do you have any Taobao shops in particular that you'd recommend? I don't really have a budget. I'm willing to spend whatever it takes for a really great outfit.
>>
>>6690681
There's something I've been wondering for a while. How are the fashion doll versions of Unoa Light sold? I know where to find them second hand but where would I be able to purchase new ones when they're released, or even when new ones will be released. Information on the line seems to be a bit scarce.
>>
>>6691180
>>6689455

Only oldies care about volks dolls anon. It sucks but their aesthetic is pretty much over and people are into more 'artsy' dolls now like doll chateau and the like (well, and also anything fairyland shits out.)
>>
>>6692184
I fail to see in which way any of the mentioned dolls looks 'artsy', though. Way too many of them around.
>>
>>6692417
Nayrt but obviously the word "artsy" was being used somewhat derisively.
Just because you dont like DC and that aesthetic doesn't mean they aren't considered "artsy" by a community whose favourite companies are volks and fairyland.
>>
>>6692184
>Only oldies care about volks dolls anon

yes, thats why its still one of the best selling and largest doll companies
Volks is still a standard globally, art dolls are still niche in specific bjd subsection communities
>>
>>6692184
This isn't true.
Even among Western/english-speaking collectors there is still a huge Volks contingent, which is why they're the only company able to host their own events in North America and Europe (albeit very rarely.) But if you include Japanese and Korean collectors, Volks is by far the most popular among all of them. FL and Soom are the runners up but lag far behind, Volks as a company is about five times their size in employee amount, physical presence, and income.

It[s true that FL and especially Minifee are the big thing on certain segments of doll social media right now (especially young or "trendy" collectors who are the type to use that stuff the most). But the amount you're seeing them posted doesn't mean they're the most popular; that's not true in either units sold, profit made, or number of owners. But they're an "it" item among that crowd it's true.

>>6691808
This is a good question. They're made by Sekiguchi so they're probably distributed similar tohowever releases of Momoko are distributed. But i don't know. (They have much fewer releases than Momoko and a higher price point so they may have more limited distribution on initial release)
>>
>>6680344
I'm so sorry :( That's awful. She was really cute too from the pics in the previous thread. I hope you continue sculpting.
>>
What is your favorite msd body? I've had an event luts head for a couple of years and now that I have an okay job I want to start saving up to get her a body.
>>
>>6693014
Yeah it must be more limited considering most of the usual import stores carry Momoko and Ruruko dolls. I've always loved the sculpting style of Gentaro Araki, but these are more up my alley than his BJDs.
>>
>>6692607
>>6693014

I worded my statement poorly. I meant the old volks molds are out of favor. People still like all the new stuff volks is putting out but the old molds with their ultra plain anime style faces are definantly a niche thing now.
>>
holy shit what’s going on with this Amakusa’s neck
>>
>>6694600
Dolls with that distended neck look going on (it’s usually just unfortunate posing ) remind me of that poor kid from China with the giant neck
>>
>>6694605
This makes me so sad
>>
>>6691361
Do you have any particular style in mind? Modern or more frilly?
Certain size? Male or female?
>>
>>6671074
>those lip smears
I-is she going to be alright?
>>
>>6678189
I kind of need those lace bloomers, though.
>>
>>6695491
It'll be for a Minifee. I'm actually open to all sorts of styles. I like larme style a lot, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to find bjd clothes like that.
>>
>>6695585
She was going for the "just finished sucking cock and quickly wiped away the cum" look
>>
>>6695790
Damn, sorry, can't help with smaller sizes (and female on top) at all :(

Maybe someone can help me though. Anyone knows a place where you can buy shoes that fit on a classic Hound body and looks good with those ridiculous overly frilly outfits? Similiar to pic related.
Most of my guys wear military/fantasy/modern stuff, so they usually wear modern shoes/boots, nothing too fancy. This dude is a prince though in a fantasy setting and only wears frilly monstrosities.

I had thought about getting white/off-white/light beige rococo shoes, but the only company I ever remember doing that kind was Dollheart. And that was years ago. They still have one pair, but the bright white color is a bit meh.

If you know of any other style that could fit, please tell me. Me and buying shoes is always such a hassle.
>>
>>6690393
Heidi Ott did 1/12 bjd but they are not exactly the aesthetic that most collectors look for. There’s also the long discontinued Elfdoll fairies and Catsy series that worked great in dollhouses. You can still track them down secondhand though.
>>
>>6696436

SartoriaJ makes some fancy shoes for dollshe guys over on etsy and I think Rrabbit makes sd17 size shoes also aND sone of their stuff is ruffled. Other than that Im not sure since dude dolls aren't my thing.
>>
>>6671074
Mirrorada might have bit off more than she could chew taking commissions. Her personal dolls painted at her leisure aren’t nearly so sloppy looking and are successfully sexy-looking, a rarity in this hobby filled with horny and incompetent people.
>>
>>6697494
Isn't that a bit harsh?
>>
>>6697589
If we can't be harsh here, where can we be harsh? It's the truth.
>>
>>6697589
What is harsh, ‘horny and incompetent’? Lol, nah, tons of owners fitting that description
>>
Here's an idea I've been playing with for a while. I just wanted to get some honest feedback on it, and what better place than here?

I'm pretty good at designing clothing. Unfortunately, I can't sew for shit when it comes to tiny clothing.

I was thinking that I'd find a manufacturer to make my doll clothing designs. I took a look through Alibaba, and while the prices looked great, the quality was so trash that I might as well just attempt to make the clothing myself. Obviously there are thousands of doll clothing manufacturers out there and I surely missed some diamonds in the rough, but this is what I saw from the half hour or so I spent looking through manufacturers.

Then I thought about asking around the community, since there are a lot of really good doll seamstresses these days. Money isn't really a problem for me. This project would be a labor of love type of thing. I'm going in it not expecting to make much of a profit, if any. I'd like to pay the seamstress a fair amount for their work, and although they would be making the clothes, I would be selling it since the designs are mine. They would be paid by me.

Do you think this is the type of arrangement anyone would actually be interested in, or should I just attempt to improve my tiny sewing skills?
>>
I've been looking into BJDs for an eon and I have some extra money from Christmas so I'm thinking of taking the plunge and getting myself a DD, but I wanted to ask some questions before I did. Do you need to get a different kind of foot to wear high heels? How serious is the staining issue, does it happen super quickly or only if you're leaving a dark wig/jeans/whatever on for days/weeks at a time? Is it cheaper to buy the base body and then add on extras, or better to go part-by-part? And most importantly of all, is there any size difference between the L bust and the L Shapely bust in terms of size or do they both fit the same clothes?
>>
>>6699257
You don't have to change the feet to put on heels, staining depends on the item and the conditions where you live but it can be instant or only over a long time, I think it's actually more expensive to buy part by part (it's a way better idea to just buy a base body unless you want white skin which is only available in parts), and the L and L shapely are pretty much the same size, just a different shape--they're supposed to fit the same clothes
>>
Would it be a possible to put a vinyl head on a Minifee body? Also, if anyone has obitsu and volks vinyl to compare the colors?
>>
>>6699688
*the colors of the vinyl compared to the resin
>>
>>6699688
There are a lot of vinyl heads out there. Tell us exactly what you're looking for. There are too many little differences in dolls for us to just give you one general answer here. Alternatively, should your head of choice not work, please tell us what about the Minifee body appeals to you the most so that someone can chime in with a better alternative.
>>
>>6699688
No
Also
No
>>
I don't collect BJD. I just want to thank you guys. Because every time I see a collectible I really REALLY want, but worry it's too expensive, I just think of what you guys pay for these things, and I don't feel so bad about it anymore
>>
>>6699736
I was thinking either Parabox obitsu white skin heads or DD heads like Rise (though it'd probably be too big, I know). And what I like about the Minifee body is the legs and slim profile, the A line is really cute. It was just an idea, I don't know if I'd actually do it or not.
>>
>>6700028
It won't work. Even the smaller obitsu heads are far too big and would look stupid. And a doll like Rise deserves better, anon.
>>
>>6700034
Yeah, I know. I'll probably stick to vinyl bodies for them, there's just not a lot of variety outside Obitsu and DD so I was checking out resin bodies
>>
>>6699888
You're welcome, anon! Remember, as long as you can afford something and it won't get in the way of necessities like food and shelter, don't feel bad about a purchase. You deserve that figure. It's worth $100, because it's going to make you happy. Treat yourself.

>>6700040
Azone makes 1/3 doll bodies.
>>
>>6700130
you. I like you. :)
>>
>>6699688
>>6700028
I believe Bumblebeelove/Swallowheart has a vinyl obitsu/minifee hybrid. Not sure how that works but it's cute.
>>
>>6700469
That's actually pretty cute. A little bobble-headed, but I like it.
>>
>>6700040
There’s a Chinese company that makes affordable 1/3 and 1/4 vinyl, i forget their name (the base dolls were relicensed as My Ballerina Doll for sale in the US) but you can get them for like $80 if you want a cheap vinyl body
>>
>>6699888
Haha you’re welcome. On the flip side, we can only add to our collections every once in a while whereas people buying Nendos, figmas, transformers or even Hot Toys can usually swing getting something every month or two.
>>
>>6699007
I don’t think you’ll find luck with this, most doll seamstresses would rather make their own designs; not sure many people in this hobby think of designing clothes as a separate skillset from making them.
The only ‘designed by so-and-so’ lines are usually by someone already famous for that kind of thing (ex Val Zeitler.)
>>
>>6701157
I figured as much. I guess it's time to practice, practice, practice. Thank you for your input, anon.
>>
>>6699007
The quality is trash because they are selling it for themselves. Plushies you buy straight off of Alibaba are bad quality but these same factories make high quality plushies for indie artists. If you contact a factory with what you want, you might get it
>>
File: Whatisit.png (1.01 MB, 745x617)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
Happy new year, anons!

Would anyone here happen to know what sculpt this is?
I was thinking it might be a Doll Family-A practice head but I'm not sure. Maybe it's some DD head after all?

Unrelated but I'd love for Volks to make yoDDs but that might be an unpopular request.
>>
Did 4chan get rid of that capcha authentification thing, everytime I post something I don't have to do them anymore?
>>
>>6701869
Lucky you. Maybe you got a 4chan pass without realizing it. I'm still typing in captcha, but I've been on the legacy word type instead of the new photo thing. Maybe they just got rid of the photo one. It was a mess, anyway.

>>6701609
That is very true. Worst case scenario, I end up with a bunch of mediocre clothes that I can always sell on those trash tier Facebook groups. If the price is low enough, there will always be a buyer.
>>
File: 000990555_01.jpg (158 KB, 480x640)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
So I missed out on the order period for this cutie, and now she's sold out everywhere. What's my best option for getting her at a non-ridiculous after market price? I live in the UK if that's relevant.
>>
File: 1514612670003.jpg (145 KB, 800x1200)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>
>>6701972
I wasn't aware realdolls are BJDs.
>>
>>6701986
I think those are real people wearing masks.
>>
>>6701956
YJA probably and wait for someone to sell theirs that is an ower rather than a scalper, same with ebay.
>>
>>6701992
I wasn't aware real people wearing masks are BJDs.
>>
>>6701956
Wait for it to pop up on Mandarake. You can make an alert for it so you'll get a notification when they get one in stock.
>>
>>6701972
Not dolls, would kill to get a pair of tights like that for a doll, though. All of cute printed tights are Blythe size. All of the cute everything is Blythe size. What is it about that little goblin doll that attracts all of the best dolly clothing designers?
>>
File: DSC_0007.jpg (166 KB, 800x560)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>6702106
hey anon theres an etsy seller (FeerieDollAtelier) that does amazing looking tights i keep meaning to buy but havent gotten around to yet that are just that sort of style. if you decide to get any keep us posted

in other news, bought my chibi lilin a pair of dollbakery jelly eyes that were in stock. looking forward to them despite being bitter that i entered the waitlist back in october and havent heard anything reguarding if i was actually added to the list or not, or if shes even working through it yet. i never got a confirmation email.

anyway pick related, my unoas
>>
>>6702196
Your girls are too cute! I really love how you styled your blue gal.
>>
>>6702106
OK... Please don't kill me, anon.
http://legenddoll.net/goods-10278.html
>>
File: butmahtattoos.png (325 KB, 355x468)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
Is this another one of PSP's commission works or is that just the msd she made into a small version of her edgy female goth doll (minus the face up)?
>>
>>6701956
I'm the anon, who posted the Mandarake recommendatation. I was going to drop this link originally but the doll had disapeared before I had the oppportunity to do it: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1079904487&ref=list

Apparently somebody must have canceled their order cause she's been listed again. I know it's the wrong colorway but just thought I'd let you know.
>>
>>6702196
I keep forgetting to post that one I got from you. I swear I actually do shit with her.
>>
File: DSC_0014.jpg (194 KB, 650x975)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>6702295
thanks anon! i'm really loving her, she came out just as i hoped. i still have to buy her some clothes though. Luckily the resin heels that came with my lusis fit her (unoa small feet and chibi default feet are the same foot.)

>>6702473
was it one of my extra lusis plates you got? thanks again for buying!
>>
>>6702106
I have a pair of FeerieDollAtelier stockings, they are really nice and the print well made (I have the color fade with white stars one).

Else, Taobao is a good source for them.
Try BJD 印花袜 or have a look at this listing:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.31.76a8234csyOyw7&id=523228393376&ns=1&abbucket=17#detail
>>
>>6702764
what size did you get? i saw one review saying they run a little long and can be baggy on MNF legs. i want to get some for my chibi unoa so I'm thinking yoSD would be a better bet, though I assume they'll only be knee high on her.
>>
>>6701867
That's definitely a modified DD01 on an MDD body. SQlabs used to make anime yos but I think they went under.
>>6702196
I love dollbakery so much but man she can't keep up at all. My last order took months longer than it should have because she forgot about one of my pairs...
>>
>>6702810
I actually have a 1/4 pair that I later managed to wrestle on a SD10 body (the doll got a size upgrade) :') Sorry, not really helpful I fear.

They did feel pretty long on his MSD body though, I can imagine it's not a good fit on MNF. YoSD might be the better choice, but you can also ask her for custom sizes I think. If I remember correctly a friend of mine did so, she's only limited how big she can go due the printing.
>>
>>6702833
thanks, i'll probably go with yosd and just choose a pattern that would look okay as knee highs. in >>6702701 this pic she's wearing yosd knee high socks, so thigh high yosd socks should still work okay.

>>6702823
i wouldnt be so annoyed if entering the waitlist actually got you an automated email saying you made it in. i know the demand was so high that she had to close the waitlist ten minutes after opening it. it let me submit, but i dont know if i actually made it in time before it was closed. a friend who got in a minute or two earlier also did not get a confirmation email that she made it so we have no idea whats up
>>
>>6702823
What's the appeal of Doll Bakery? Her eyes don't look any more special than other urethane eyes, but all I ever hear about her is how much headache you have to go through to get eyes from her. What am I missing? This is a serious question. I'm new to the hobby and want to know what I'm missing.
>>
>>6702965
She's one of the few makers who does gorgeous brown/caramel tones. Somehow the others all fall flat there, it's either too artificial looking or just plain boring and makes you want to pick up something with more spark (like blue/gray/green).
Overall her colors are the right mix between "just natural enough for the right look, but with nice saturation and depth".
>>
File: dollbakery.jpg (367 KB, 850x1306)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>6702965
better detail, color saturation, "glow"/light reflection so even dark eyes still show in pictures.

pic related are two of mine wearing cobalt and sunny
>>
>>6702701
Yup it’s the winking rainbow face. I’ve been calling her Skittles. I’m gonna start tracking down more cute plates though, they’re so fun.
>>
>>6702823
As far as I have heard SQ Labs is still operating but mostly just selling via their Y!J store rather than taking orders.
>>
File: z3k71RW.jpg (93 KB, 600x800)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>6702473
>>6702701
Unoa party! Hope you don't mind me posting a meetup photo.
>>
>>6703160
w-what is that thing in the upper right corner
>>
>>6702965
nayrt but they do look pretty neat in person. I don't know how to explain, but it's like she uses some painted leaf (like, gold leaf, not tree leaves) for her irises and layers it. The colors really pop and she at least has accommodated small iris sizes and is fairly flexible for custom orders. Her photos are pretty true to the product.

That being said, the pupils are not flat (they are a pretty perfect sphere), which aren't quite my cup of tea. The jelly series is pretty lackluster, imo. And the wait time. I don't know why I do that to myself too, but I have pretty much fallen instead for trying to scoop up Dolcebella eyes that catch my eye on DollPeddlar.
>>
File: dollbakery2.jpg (240 KB, 950x626)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>6703170
im really into the "veining" type effect that dollbakery eyes have. i think its just the way the paint runs or something, but it adds just a little bit of realism compared to similarly priced eyes that are just silvery lines or plain shimmer (like ED eyes.)

pic related is a closeup i took
>>
File: punpun.png (448 KB, 1107x1400)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>6703167
A punpun cosplay, the brunette doll next to him is my doll styled after the girl in pic related.
>>
>>6703225
YOOOO that is badass.
>>
File: mega zaku.jpg (384 KB, 962x650)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
Hey dollfriends. I don't have any BJDs or come to your neighborhood normally, but I need a recommendation and I think you're the best general to help me.
I have a couple Mega Size Gundam kits. They big. But they also aren't the most sturdy. Between the iffy stability of the kit itself (too heavy for its own joints) and the shitty floors of my apartment, I noticed that they sway slightly as I walk past the bookshelf they're on. There aren't any official stands for them like the Action Bases for smaller kits. What do you guys use for stands? Are there any reasonably-priced ones with adjustable height and a waist-clamp? I can provide exact measurements if needed.
>>
>>6705800
we have doll stands that are either saddle type or from the back type. Obviously you would need to decide which is best for your mega. Measurements like crotch to floor or waist to floor in metric would be best if we are going to help you.
>>
>>6705800
Depends on the size and weight of your thing, but Obitsu's big multi stand might be a good pick. It's adjustable, basically like a big figma stand, so you might be able to get some nice dynamic poses. Except the base is extremely light, so you might not want to actually leave them in those poses while on display. It works well enough to just keep my DDs stable, though. Those dolls are about 55cm tall and a bit under a kilogram.
>>
>>6702196
I've ordered from FeerieDollAtelier before; love her stuff.
>>
File: stand01_04.jpg (63 KB, 550x657)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>6705800

Alice collections sells these flexible grabber stands and they work really well so long as what you put in them isn't excessively heavy. I personally prefer a saddle stand with heavy wood bases for my dolls but I think that style of stand would look pretty funny supporting a robot.
>>
>>6702402

>legenddoll

Is this a legit store to buy from? I always want to order from them but their website is so ghetto China I hesitate.
>>
>>6706035
https://denofangels.com/threads/legend-doll-feedback.621466/

Sorry, I can't do a tl;dr for you since I have to get back to work, but hopefully that helps.
>>
>>6703142
Widow! I didn't know short haired boy wig like that is possible! Wish I have something like that for my iplehouse sid
>>
File: DSC_0004.jpg (178 KB, 650x923)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>6706533
they're possible, they're just a pain in the ass to make. a few of my boys have short wigs.
>>
>>6706035
I mean, they are pretty much just a Chinese reseller/dealer (i.e. they don't produce any of the stuff they sell there). Like Alice's Collection.
But they are legit.

>>6706533
Like other anon said, it is possible, just not with your regular fiber and co. wigs. Also pretty expensive usually because they tend to be custom made for the head in question, to ensure the tightest fit to achieve that short hair look. Check out eclipse21 for example.
>>
speaking of wigs, who else other than Leekworld does half-decent wigs anymore of all sizes and mainly their focus? I feel like all wig companies have basically collapsed.
>>
Would somebody here know what other companies sell hands fit a SD10 male body?
I tried to ask on other threads but people tend to suggest volks hands even though I specifically asked for other companies. Volks hands are too chunky for my taste.
>>
>>6708026
ForMyDoll? Maybe Crobidoll too, if you stretch the "mainly their focus" definition.

>>6708250
Would interest me too. My SD10 boy wears female SD10 hands because of this, but I'd love something else for him too.
>>
>>6708026
i second formydoll, i have a couple of wigs by them and they are pretty good.
>>
How do you see the chances of Fairyland rereleasing/revitalizing their Chicline dolls? As usually I was to late to the party and when I first noticed that they exist the line had already been stagnant for a long time and from what I've seen so far they seem to be hard to find, too on the second hand market.
>>
Does anyone have any BJD sewing patterns? I'm working on creating a public dropbox database.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sqg6g0w0erl4bdd/AAAovgmnukkPWwVoQnyXYxXPa?dl=0

This is what i have so far.
>>
>>6708026
Licht and Usagihime too. Though their styles are a little more... out there. Hahaha.
>>
>>6710094
A lot of magazines in OP g.drive link have MSD/SD patterns (and a couple for DDs too).
Also thanks to your post I just realized I forgot to get dollybird v.21 with my scheduled HLJ shipment YET AGAIN, I should write myself a fucking memo ffs.
On a somewhat related note, has anyone seen any summaries of DB v.19 (the one about what kinds of fabric to use)? Google's app is not much help translating it and I wonder if there's useful tips in there.
>>
>>6710094
Have you nabbed the scans of the back issues of Dollybird and Dolly Dolly? They're all over Pinterest, just look for "doll free copy" and BAM, patterns for days.

I wish I had a scanner so I could contribute my newer Dollybird patterns.
>>
>>6707975
Oh geez! Like $198 bucks! According to their Doa thread, they haven't opened commissions since 2016. Not sure if in willing to cash in that much, sadly. plus if have to ship his head as well to austria and back.
>>
>>6710567
i wasnt willing to pay that either, which is why i learned to do it myself. having made them, i totally understand why wig makers charge so much. the alpaca fiber alone is usually at least $30 for enough to make one wig. i hate making wigs but its a necessary evil if i want my boy dolls to look good.
>>
>>6710567
She isn't the only one who offers styles like that (and she is on the more expensive end, partly because she was one of the first doing those angora wigs and does so with great quality). Angora is also more expensive than alpaca.

You can also look for Kagami Design, SophyMolly, InnamoramentoDolls, bycaptainpanda. Stay away from AmadizStudio.

Or does what >>6710648 did and learn it yourself. But it is lots of work and the material not cheap (and you lose a lot of it during the process, even when it's already prepared fiber).
>>
Just to clarify, this is NOT a real situation. I came across a problem transaction post on Instagram, and someone commented that the person in question has a lot of health problems. It got me thinking. What the actual fuck are you supposed to do if you send your head off for a faceup and the artist ends up getting seriously ill or dying? Do you just send a little sympathy card to the family and add in a little, "Sorry to hear about your wife. Also, if you wouldn't mind sending me my doll's head to me, that would be great!" at the bottom?
>>
>>6711642

I think that's why there are so many blank dolls out there. I know I spent years putting together one of my hybrid dolls and sending any of the the parts out to be painted is terrifying. So I'm stuck with a blank doll until I'm willing to risk sending her out to be painted.
>>
>>6711657
Yeah, I'm the same way. I actually ended up learning how to do faceups because I couldn't deal with the thought of sending a head out only to have it never return. Are there any artists near you, anon? My local comm is pretty big, so we actually have a few artists who will just work within the comm.

That was a post where I really, really thought that the person might actually be dealing with health problems (or dead) instead of being a scammer. I sort of creeped hardcore on them and they have been MIA since mid-December, and I found one comment from a friend on a photo of them that just said something along the lines of, "I wish I could see your smile again." Hope they're fine.
>>
>>6711686

The only 2 face up artists in my area are unreliable/unskilled. I'd like to try my own faceups but I have parrots and spraying anything in the house with them is a no no. Plus I have no yard so I can't even do it outside. Sucks cause even if I insured my doll when I sent it out the pieces are all limited edition so if they were lost it would be a pain to replace them.
>>
File: DSC_0010.jpg (320 KB, 750x1026)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
So I got her dollbakery eyes in. A little disappointed as they don't seem tor reflect light evenly, one seems way more reflective than the other, but maybe its just the lighting and angle of the photos? Idk, she's still cute.
>>
anyone remember the url of that doll only auction/sale site that popped up? Is it still running?
>>
>>6711642
A friend of mine is in such a situation, but...the other way around.

She has cancer, won't survive much longer. Doctors haven't given her a set amount of months but told her pretty much "soon".
She entered the hobby two years ago, roughly a year ago she got diagnosed.

All her dolls are blank, because she doesn't have the strength to paint them herself but also doesn't want to send them out. It's just very likely she dies before the artist finishes his work, and she really doesn't want an artist to go through this.

It's just...a really shitty situation no matter how you look at it. Honestly don't know how I'd handle it, both as customer in your situation and as artist in her situation.

I personally have a few "safety nets" for such cases. If I'd die all information regarding doll pieces that are here and not mine is stored in a way my best friend can access it and take care of.
>>
>>6711686
I think I know exactly who you're talking about, anon. If so they've gone MIA for a long time before, seemingly because of life stuff. Also a while back someone commissioned them for a faceup and they held onto the head for absolutely months doing nothing with it but not telling the commissioner that they couldn't work on it/were behind on schedule or whatever, and in the end returned it unfinished to them. if we're thinking of the same person they seem really sweet and I hope they're okay, but I can't help but feel they need to communicate better with their customers.
>>
>>6711836
She's adorable! Her eyes look like galaxies. I'm finding it hard to come up with a colour scheme for my purple resin doll, but you've made it look easy. Beautiful~
>>
>>6712147
I would name the name if I even remembered who it was, but they popped up on my Instagram Explore feed and I just had one of those late night creeping sessions (why Insta-stalk your ex when you can Insta-stalk random BJD people?). I think if I was going to be working on other people's heads, I'd do something like >>6712037 suggested and have some sort of safety net to reach out to others in case of emergency. Of course, this is one of those things you can afford to think about when you're NOT in the type of situation that would warrant it. Shitty situation all around.

By the way anon, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I just lost my best friend to cancer too and I'm not going to say some dumb shit like it'll get better, because it really hasn't got better, but you're in my thoughts.
>>
>>6712151
I feel like blue is a much easier color to work with compared to purple, which is why I ended up going with blue even though purple would have been more 'unique'.

But i think any pastel shades of blue, pink, purple, and yellow would work for either the blue or purple chibis. i'd go for a cool toned hair though since it will contrast with the warmer tone of the purple skin.
>>
>>6712311
I htink it's a kind of thing you should have in place as soon as you start having such a business. It also means less worries for you when you are trapped in such a troublesome situation/too sick etc.; reason I have it. I know I would spend more time worrying about giving people back their stuff than my health.

And thank you, it...was an odd feeling when she told me about this.
I never thought of it like that, that you are forced to face "I can't do time sensitive thing X, I might be dead then".

But that's not really the topic for a BJD thread.
>>
My new year's resolution is to actually get back into making BJD clothes again, and then actually selling stuff this time. I'd like some honest answers if you guys wouldn't mind my mini survey.

>What is your idea of a fair price? Are you willing to spend, say $25 on a shirt when your regular max is $10 for a quality product? Or is the price the most important part of your purchase?
>Which doll is the most difficult for you to shop for and why?
>Would you be open to a clothing grab-bag provided that everything in the bag is of a certain size?
>What sorts of styles do you wish you saw more of?
>What sites do you prefer buying from when it comes to independent sellers? Etsy? StoreEnvy? DoA?

Thank you all very much in advance.
>>
>>6710094
There are some here: https://www.craftsy.com/profile/raouken
>>
>>6713360
>What is your idea of a fair price? Are you willing to spend, say $25 on a shirt when your regular max is $10 for a quality product? Or is the price the most important part of your purchase?
If the product is good, I will pay whatever the artist thinks is fair. I bought a shirt for about 45 dollars recently because shipping was 10 and the shirt was really well made with nice fabric.

All of my dolls because I tend not to buy mainstream sizes. Meaning, I don't own a minifee.

>Would you be open to a clothing grab-bag provided that everything in the bag is of a certain size?
I don't really like grab bags since I am exTREMELY specific about colours, textures, styles, etc etc.
I don't think I've ever bought a grab bag for my dolls.

There are enough pastel sweaters and hoodies and things like that, so not that.

>What sites do you prefer buying from when it comes to independent sellers? Etsy? StoreEnvy? DoA?
I buy pretty much entirely off Etsy.
>>
>>6713666
>>6713666
>There are enough pastel sweaters and hoodies and things like that, so not that.
It's funny that you mention that! I was so sick and tired of the pastel goth look that I decided to take up sewing for dolls to get away from that look. I definitely won't be offering anything like that. There's enough competition for it anyway.

Thank you for the rest of your answers too.
>>
File: 35070752026_3d82b5c8c6_h.jpg (659 KB, 1600x1066)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
>>6713360
>What is your idea of a fair price?
I am willing to pay quite a sum, especially when that piece in question/type of design/size/quality for this type of clothes is hard to find. The thought of finally owning the perfect piece is more important to me than the price.

Iplehouse EID male, because you are more or less limited to Iplehouse for nicer outfits. Boy clothes for anything smaller than SD, because girls dominate smaller sizes. Especially when you are already in YoSD territory or even smaller.

No, simply because I hate surprises. I feel those only work with the "too cheap to properly pay" crowd because to them only the price matters. As long as they don't have to pay much they live with whatever they can get.

Military, both combat and and the pretty uniforms, old and modern. Faux-Medieval/Fantasy (picture Game of Thrones, LotR and the like; both western but also eastern/oriental etc.). Frilly over the top stuff (like Tous les Garcons). Modern High-Fashion or overall expensive looking, fancy, modern clothes (white tie/black tie stuff, gala dresses). Proper Lolita coords, incl. all bells and whistles, cute prints and so on.

Overall stuff from different periods in fashion. If you don't want modern stuff shit is hard to get, and even most of the modern stuff isn't even close to existing fashion trends.

(also deep down...stuff from movies/musicals, but of course this ain't a cool thing to do)

Etsy or Taobao (in case of Chinese independent sellers).
>>
>>6713360

I'll pay whatever the artist thinks is fair, as long as it's a quality product.

I'd say the bigger 70cm guys. There isn't much variation around for them. Also larger women if you want anything sexy, classy and mature looking that isn't gothic or pastel barf.

Probably not, I'm too picky.

Imaginative fantasy stuff in more colours and textures!

Etsy, DoA, sometimes Instagram.
>>
>>6713360
I'm willing to pay out the nose if the quality is top notch. However, this is often not the case. Cheap fabric shows, etc.
MSD size. Everything is poorly made lolita. Not enough gentle casual styles or easy mix and match.
I think I've been burned by luck bags too many times.
There isn't enough well done fantasy and casual. Fantasy being like elf-fantasy for MSD sizes.
Etsy or DoA.
>>
>>6714003
oh, I'm gonna second this anon. I wish to god I could find SD/SD13/SD17/DD size realistic military-style clothing. I would pay out the nose if it looked operator as fuck.
>>
File: DLnXUuTUQAA6an5.jpg (358 KB, 1280x1920)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>6714141
That's why I'm taking up sewing soon! I absolutely adore all of the tactical JK dolls on twitter.
>>
>>6711757
I have parrots, too, and i do it in the bathroom farthest from you, while running their air filter (a Rabbit Air A1) on full blast. The vet says it's fine/they're fine. There are also non-spray methods, or use a compressor-based painter. Or find a friend/relative/park/makerspace to work at.
>>
>>6714159
That is a beautiful hand, I've never seen jointed fingers for DD. I wonder where they got them
>>
>>6714275
http://gensoushop.cart.fc2.com/ca4/7/p-r4-s/

I'm pretty sure they're still selling these hands when they attend events, but I don't know if they're ever going to restock their website. If I knew Japanese I'd ask, because I really want them.
>>
Is it possible to buy resin/vinyl safe sealants the are good enough for faceups at regular art supply stores? I'm making a trip to buy paint and brushes and was wondering if there's any spray worth picking up.
>>
>>6714321
I know Testors Dullcote is sold at your average art store. I have had good results with it, but I have not used it on a resin doll. I only paint Pullip and Blythe heads.
>>
>>6714321
Just go to your local tabletop nerd store/games workshop, buy some citadel coat.

Most art store shit starts good, but hardcore yellows.
>>
>>6714332
I've heard it's alright, I've never seen it in person but I might not have been looking in the right area, I'll check it out
>>6714372
I've never heard of it, I'm assuming it's for sealing plastic models--would it also be in shops in Canada?
>>
Is the DoA marketplace worth going through all of that effort, especially with Instagram and other social media platforms becoming new hubs for secondhand sales?
>>
>>6715127
Honestly, the "effort" is not that crazily high. There's no time lost when in turn you get an additional place to buy/sell/split stuff and on top can search for face-up artists and such too.
People also are less annoying than on FB at least.
>>
>>6715140
Oh that's true, I didn't think about that. I guess it would be nice to have somewhere to talk about dolls other than /toy/ (not that I don't love you guys). Time to dig up that old log in info.
>>
Not your target audience but thought maybe answering this would offer you insight for at least a couple more questions.

I might not be the best person to answer this as I'm Asian with easy access to Asian stores.

70cm+ dolls. Both guys and girls. Simply because it's harder to find things that fit.

Maybe, if I liked the kind of clothes the seller produced.

Actual modern street fashion. Everything is either way too unremarkably casual or way too formal and dated. Finding clothes that are modern and stylish is harder than you'd think. I'm really sick of hoodies, t-shirts and generic sweaters.

Mostly Taobao, sometimes conventions in the region or local sellers.
>>
>>6714159
where the fuck can I get the vest like that for my DD anyway? God damn military is the hardest thing to find.
>>
>>6715900
You've got to make it yourself or attend some doll events in Japan.
>>
>>6715968
last time I made it to IDoll was fantastic, I have been dying to go back. Amazing people and work.
>>
>>6714388
Yeah, just go to a tabletop store and ask for purity seal
>>
Is there some type of list that tells you why certain doa users were banned?
>>
Late, but:

NEW THREAD
>>6718571
>>6718571
>>6718571

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.