[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 47 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 1498036278319.png (1.26 MB, 1200x900)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
Any good deals found over the Christmas season? New purchases that you're happy/unhappy with?
>>
>>6677628
bought the alphahawk. the drum wont rotate after firing. took it apart like 6 times.
>>
>>6677628

Got a Rival Nemesis. Also a good ole OJ Stryfe that I intend to mod. Debating on getting a Rival PC Helios.
>>
>>6678467
That's spectre re-shells for you.
>>
>>6678484
I really want a nemesis, they look bad ass but i want to to get a rechargeable battery for it first and for some reason they haven't released it in the UK yet.
>>
>>6678505

Yeah the Nemesis with the Rival Battery is the way to go. Shoots harder and faster and is lighter than using D batteries.
>>
File: 1475969716337.jpg (41 KB, 366x570)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
What's everything you ever want in a blaster?
>>
File: SnLOUo6[1].jpg (1.26 MB, 4032x3024)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>6679765
Living the dream
>>
>>6679765
Doesn't jam.
>>
>>6679765
literally just a destiny with a dual-stage pump and actually obtainable clips
>>
What are some good thrift store pickups?

>>6677628

I've been picking up stuff like this lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqWFEQco0uU
>>
>>6682460
i got an artemis for 4 bucks the other day
>>
>>6682913
you lucky bastard. Now get the stock attachment point for it.
>>
>>6682913
fucking basturd im jealous
>>
>>6682988
>>6683493
i find a lot of stuff at goodwill. its hit or miss but ive had some good finds. been working on a longshot and a longstrike. after that i have a rampage and a stampede to work on.
>>
Did my first mod last night on an old Nite Finder that was lying around. If taking out a couple pieces of plastic and stretching a spring a little makes this much of a performance difference I look forward to seeing what I can do to some of the fancier old blasters that have been gathering dust.
>>
>>6683878
Buy some brass tubing and an Everbilt spring. Complete dart seal and a hefty spring both available at your local hardware store.
>>
me and a colleague bought one each. I got a modulus recon mk11 or something. it's super annoying to have the charging handle on the top, are there any accessories that allow me to have it on the left side?
>>
>>6678467
happened to me as well, is quite random.
>>
File: PC230380.jpg (1.18 MB, 1920x1440)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
Wanted the Kronos but didn't care for the Deadpool dual pack. Was lucky enough to order two of them on the toysrus site before it got pulled down.
>>
>>6685748
How are they? I've got one on the way from a UK store.
>>
File: apollo_mod.jpg (1.39 MB, 2448x3264)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
I ordered a pump action kit but who knows when that's getting here.
>>
>>6685249
ROMAN NUMERALS IDIOT.
>>
Do any of you guys still get gifts? Excited to see if I get anything nerf.
>>
>>6686564
Good sidearm with rival performance. I really like the form factor. Only negatives I can think of is no slam fire and 5 round capacity, but that is just nit-picking. Overall amazing blaster, one of my favorites.
>>
>>6687321
Thats good to hear. I love the form of it as well. Probably my favourite looking Nerf pistol so far.
>>
>>6679765
>portable
>takes any and all magazines
>flywheel
>uses AA batteries
>has a bunch of tactical rails
>high versatility
>>
>>6677628
Farb
>>
>>6689371
Sounds like a Stryfe.

What's the cheapest flyhweel option nowadays? It used to be the Stryfe, but Amazon Stryfes for $25 isn't cheap, and Kohls Rayvens are definitely not. I'm most interested in hacking them apart for their internals.
>>
>>6689371
>>6689541
>The perfect nerf gun already exists
>>
>>6683517
Nice, i've been using my artimis (full retail) as a primary for these wars at the local college.

just threw one of these cheapo slings on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm5MHEOn_nc

seriously more competitive than anything else since it doesn't suffer from battery fade around hour 4 of running around and doesn't fatigue you as much as the other springers
>>
File: apollo_mod2.jpg (1.26 MB, 3264x2448)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
how do i get my friends into nerf?
>>
>>6691386
buckets of jolts and chinese sucker darts at get together.
>>
>>6677628
I got a twinshock for $19.00 after work today, didn't see anything else on clearance though
>>
>>6685249
Pretty sure Retaliator pump grip kits will work with a bit of fiddling. You'd need to get a Recon/Retaliator barrel extension as well. Alternatively, you could go on eBay and buy an old Vulcan priming handle for a bolt action blaster.
>>
>>6691386
Get a modded Rapidstrike and empty clips onto them until they enjoy it. Sure, it's an expensive solution but now you have a Rapidstrike.
>>
>>6677628
Not sure if this counts but I picked up a complete Stampede for £10. Performance is obviously lacking but it feels great to use. Shame that getting it to the performance I'm after would cost at least ten times as much without straight up gutting it for Stryfe internals.
>>
>>6694784
Stampedes are always good news. Ama.
>>
Target had the Storage Stock and the ammo shield thing for $4 clearance, so I picked up the stock.
>>
What's your technique for reloading mid magazine?
I want to see the difference between buzzbee and nerf
>>
So nerf general I've never had a nerf gun (poorfag when I was a kid). I was thinking of getting on to fidget with and shoot and stick to the wall when i get anxious. Can you recommend a revolver or other multi shot nerf gun. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>6695785
Strong arm for that cylinder click when you spin it.
>>
>>6695932
I was looking at the strong arm and the hammershot. I'm torn between the two. Is the hammer shot any good? I feel like a hammer would be more ergonomic.
>>
>>6695962
Strongarm has one more shot and shoots harder. Hammershot can be readied in one hand and is more capable of modding.
>>
>>6695962
They're both fine. You're not going to kick yourself for getting either, and at worst, you'll just have to spend another $10 to buy the other. On another note, the Strongarm might be phased out for the Disruptor, which is also fine.
>>
>>6695962
Buy two Hammershots and Wiimote wrist straps.
>>
>>6695785
get the hammershot and put a small spacer on the spring. its fun
>>
>>6685748
Does your Kronos rattle when you shake it?
>>
So the Rapidstrike is discontinued, right?
>>
File: commissar.jpg (59 KB, 474x458)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Why dont they make a nerf stryfe but in mega? I wanted to larp as a commissar.
>>
>>6700392
I just bought one mid-december from Target.

You'll probably be able to buy the Kohl's exclusive version coming out in 9 months for $149.
>>
>>6700576
Buy a Magnus and glue a fake banana clip to the bottom of it.
>>
>>6700392
I'm pretty sure nerf are coming out with the rapid strike 2.0 (whatever its called) sometime this year.
>>
>>6701337
I dunno. From what I hear they're trying to phase it out in favor of the Hyperfire.

I hate the Hyperfire.
>>
>>6695785
if shots sticking to the wall is at all preferable to you, then look at Boomco. You can use their included targets or just stick photo paper to the wall to fire at. Their darts will only stick to that material, and they stick pretty good too. There is a strangely satisfying feeling firing a dart at something and watching it actually stick and not bounce back.

Also makes retrieval easier
>>
>>6700576
>tfw you realize you will never get a 'Commissar Cain Hero of the Imperium' movie staring Hugh Jackman.
>>
>>6701561
It's called the Infinus. Complete speculation but it seems to be the replacement for the rapid strike so i'd expect a conveyor belt system and similar performance to a hyperfire, maybe just in a slightly nicer shell.
>>
>>6701622
Since it's already a conveyor belt, one of the only ways they can upgrade a Hyperfire is to throw in the select-fire circuitry from the Regulator. It wouldn't really cost them that much (pennies for them passed along as dollars for us). And the Hyperfire and Regulator shells look like ass.
>>
>>6701777
Well lets hope they take all the good from those blasters and put it into a rapid strike-like shell. At least that's what i'd prefer.
>>
>>6701777
The thing I hate about the regulator is the location of the mag release.

Shell doesn't bother me.
>>
>order a Boss because I wanted to buy some third hand centurion clips
>Tri Break available for retail two days after
I'm mad, at least I had enough room in my budget for a Kronos
>>6700576
just mod a zeus
>>
>>6701815
I hate it when the magwell is a foot away from the trigger.
>>
Hammershot just came in the mail. I'm really impressed with it. It is a lot of fun. I also Ordered a box of little valentine suction darts. They work really well. Funny thing is though, it came with a package of sponge bob stickers in the bottom of the dart box. Is that normal?
>>
>>6703285
I git a lollipop from China this one time; don't remember what it came with. Didn't eat it of course, wasnt even the kind with the sealed wrapper.
>>
>>6703285
Yes, Chinese like to give away free stuff.
>>
File: 1472930315933.png (428 KB, 558x744)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>6682287
>>6694780
>>6700967
>>6702275
>clip
>>
>>6704810
>tfw this bugs me too and I'm just now realizing I said clip
>>
File: 1461390721907.jpg (30 KB, 345x460)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>6704810
>tfw no nerf stripper clips in our lifetime
>>
File: 1515169632103.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>6704810
But the Destiny really does use a clip?
>>
>>6704810
Check out this newfag.
>>
File: 20180106_123219-1.jpg (809 KB, 3400x1470)
809 KB
809 KB JPG
>tfw thrift store titan missile has no fins
>>
So the SlingFire is discontinued, right? I had to pay like $20 more for mine and the damn thing came with part of the stock broken off in shipping.
>>
so I have a mediator barrel and added a firestrike for free shipping, has anyone taken apart the barrel yet? don't see any videos of the internals yet
>>
>>6706252
Doesnt matter man, throw out that missile, Single the barrel with some PVC and leave huge ass welts on your friends shooting normal darts.
>>
I contacted nfstrike just to see why my order was taking three weeks to process. After a week of chatting with the support i finally got them to admit that they dont stock most all of the worker parts until you order it. Then they order it from worker. My part was 3D printed so i also had to wait for that.

It's still not shipped.
>>
>>6712684
Why not get it from Worker then?
>>
>>6712727
nfstrike had a "Christmas" sale on items they apparently drop ship.
>>
>>6712425
But anon, I like the FOOMP sound
>>
New to the general, what's the best place for cheap n-strike magazines and darts?
>>
>>6714593
I don't think there are any cheap mags, but Worker makes some good ones.

As for darts, plenty of 3rd party companies make cheap darts and sell them in bulk, several of which are actually superior to nerf elite darts in performance.
>>
>>6714593
Current hotness for darts is accufakes, which are copies of Nerf's Accustrike darts. Waffle head darts are also considered good.

Worker makes some nice looking mags, but they aren't cheap. I bought some transparent 12-round mags from China. They seem alright, and the transparent blue, purple and green look cool. I honestly don't know why Nerf still cling to opaque mags, or the half-opaque/half-transparent mags that are see-thru on the wrong side if you are right-handed.
>>
K'nex dart clones where? They were about as good as waffles and they played nicely in sealed breeches.
>>
>>6714647
I've thought about getting some Worker shit but there seems to be like 3 or 4 different versions of Worker on Amazon and idk which one to trust.

Are they all just the same company or...
>>
>>6714654
>K'nex dart clones where?
They're gone. Accufakes and Waffles have taken over.
>>
>>6714593
>what's the best place for cheap n-strike magazines and darts?
nfstrike.com if you're willing to wait a month for them to show up
>>
>>6714673
I assume they're all 3rd party resellers buying from the same Worker source in china. They're probably all okay since they're selling thru amazon, so if you have an issue, you can at least hit up amazon.
>>
Newfag here.
>Pick up a Deploy CS-6 from a bunch that get dumped on a charity shop I work in (rest get bought, besides some huge ones)
>Take it apart several times figuring out something wrong with the internals
>Managed to fix it tonight
>Figure out it's shit anyway and jams constantly
The darts keep getting fucked up by the loading system, especially the first one in after loading.
Any tips?
>>
>>6715172
If it helps, I've figured out that the pump needs to already be all the way back to stick a mag in (or take it out), and the pump is fucking precise when it comes to how far back/forwards it has to be pushed to work properly.
>>
>>6714729
this is an understatement.
>>
>>6715185
That's usually how most Nerf blasters are designed, which is to be as foolproof as possible so users have little chance to fuck anything up. Once you become pro, though, you start removing all those locks so you can operate at maximum efficiency.

Duuno why your darts are getting messed up, though. If you're using old crummy darts, that might be a factor.
>>
my barrel extension and the firestrike that I ordered for free shipping came in, I wanted to turn the firestrike into a usable flashlight, any reccomendations for a replacement LED? also, I have no experience soldering
>>
>>6715974
Just find a suitably sized flashlight and j-j-jam it in. Or take apart one and stuff the parts in there, but that might require soldering.
>>
Hi guy,
I'm a maker with a decent workshop and I want to make a pretty hardcore rapidstrike mod. It would be based around Kingbob's arduino mod mk3 with a magnetic switch in the grip, a taclight in the front and a tracer unit in the magwell. The electronics part is pretty straightforward but I haven't done any performance or cosmetic mod. Could you give me some advice on painting and getting out a better performance of the gun?
For example:
-how reliable are the flywheels on a 11v lipo?
-how durable the paint on the gun? What brand do you advise (Eurofag so so no krylon or most USA brands)
-should I use a primer?
-how sturdy are the chinkshit 12 dart mags?
-have anyone tried to engrave nerf blasters with a laser cutter?
-how haram are the random chinkshit cheapo darts?
>>
>>6715860
If anything it's causing more problems, since the darts need to be in a specific place to slot forwards properly.
It works now though, so whatever I guess.
>>
>>6714654
Men-Gun if you can still find them I think

>>6714593
Lightake/nfstrike have mags for super cheap. 12-dart clones are like a dollar and 15-dart banana mags are like $5 (and sturdier)
>>
>>6677628
>I want to integrate a Longstrike stock into a Rayven
>I'm cringing at the thought of using my elite Rayven
>I'm not sure if I should buy and do it to a Rayvenfire because it's also expensive
>I could just buy an original Rayven
>but then I'd have to entirely replace the internals and I'm not sure how expensive that would be.

What should I do?
>>
>>6717563
this is just me, but longstrike stock might not lend itself to a pretty job since you have to worry about the magwell, the jam door, and some internals all being back there. I would say the most would be to chop around the grip and trigger but even then there isnt much change from stock
>>
>>6717629
I don't care how pretty it is, I just need something to replace the god awful stock.
>>
>>6717666
too short for your demon arms, satan?
>>
File: Stock-Rayven.jpg (68 KB, 960x800)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>6717563
>I'm not sure if I should buy and do it to a Rayvenfire because it's also expensive
Probably the best compromise between cost and performance, if you can get it for $30. I love how there's a Kohl's sticker on mine that says "$69.95 RETAIL".

>>6717629
>>6717666
>aesthetics chit-chat
If you don't care for pretty, why don't you just make one out of PVC pipes that you can just screw on from either sides. Then at worst, you have a few extra holes if you want to remove it.

BONUS: you can also paint the PVC blue.
>>
>>6717725
Pic sorta my inspiration.

>>6716294
11v lipo might eventually burn out stock motors. I don't know for sure, so do more research.

Vinyl dye is the best. It dyes the plastic, so scratches won't reveal the original color unless they are deep gouges. Otherwise, standard painting is like any other paint job: clean and sand, prime, paint, clear top coat. There's a million tutorials on the youtube.

Chinese accessories are okay. If you're paying $2 a mag, and $5 for a hundred darts, it's entirely worth the trial run IMHO.
>>
>>6717725
I was kind of hoping to kill two birds with one stone given that I have no idea what to do with my longstrike stock, but ultimately the pvc does seem like a better idea.
>>
>>6686992
What did you do to the poor thing?
>>
Why can't I find a reasonably-priced Elite-color Longshot? According to the Wiki they're not discontinued, yet the only new ones I can find are >$100.
>>
>>6718169
They were only largely produced in non-English speaking countries.
>>
>>6718251
Really? That's fucking stupid. Why?
>>
>>6718169
>can go to TRU and buy one for 70$
come to canada, idiot
>>
>>6718841
One doesn't just GO to Canada.
>>
does anyone have any idea why TRU's website has the Tri-Break labeled as the Quadrant?
>>
>>6718861
You just was up in canuck land, never to be heard from again.
My town tells this to children so they behave and sleep on time
>>
>>6718841
Wow, that converts to like $20 in FREEDOM bucks. Pretty good deal, IMHO.
>>
File: maxresdefault (10).jpg (153 KB, 1920x1080)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>6677628
Is he the best one?
>>
Has anyone used these darts? They were 50% off at Walmart so I got a few packs.

I remember a nerf youtuber I watch said they were actually good, but for some reason they had a different name then.

I'm having a problem with them getting stuck in mags, though.
>>
File: MFo3DLW[1].jpg (91 KB, 1400x1050)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>6721274
Close tie with Captain Xavier

Posting more Caliburn
>>
>>6721418
Forgot the damn image
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>6721274
I heard what you said you little bitch
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
nfstrike apollo guy here. DHL delivered my package today, half the screws were missing and the picatinny rails were not included. The screw heads are cheap shit too. Not worth 60$. After I went to the hardware store and finished the mod it works pretty well desu. I sanded down the surfaces to stop the ZIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.
>>
>>6712843
Make it modular then, not that hard to cut down the original barrel and put it on a threaded coupler
>>
>>6714654
>>6714727
>>6716535
NFStrike now has them in stock if you don't want to go through TaoBao.
>>
>>6721928
I was actually planning on getting one of those sets but if as cheap as you say I might just pass. The Apollo would be a fantastic blaster if it was a pump action blaster like this kit makes it. But if the construction is cheap and the parts come missing and are crappy, I don't think it's worth the massive price tag. For as much as it costs to get this kit, I could get an Artemis to fulfill my pump action Rival needs.
>>
Also, did anyone here take part in the Blaster Boards Kickstarter? I just got my two sets in the other day and they're just fantastic. I'm glad I didn't just get the one box, because that's barely enough to do anything with. At least with two sets I can build a decent target so I don't have darts and balls laying all over my floor. I'll have to invest some time into it over the weekend though as there will be a lot of trial and error involved to get a good set up.

I may even try and grab more over the year because I would love to use these things for back yard Nerf Skirmishes. Having an empty yard sucks for fights, so these things are a simple way to add barricades with minor amounts of effort.
>>
>>6727986
i would say youd be good buying straight from worker on amazon. And after some sanding the kits fine. Still, not worth 60$ but what choice do you have? I assume you cant cheaply print a similar kit yourself. modded apollo is cooler than a artemis
>>
>>6728335
For the price, you can get 3 Artemises and sling them all from a lanyard.
>>
>>6728348
but, but, but,

you're wrong.
>>
>>6728335
I was planning on printing one of these soon, do you know what the tolerances on yours are? The files I'm looking at have 0.5, 1, and 2 mm gaps between the barrel and pump.
>>
>>6677628
These guys specialize in this kind of thing. They will let you know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo&t=25s
>>
>>6727727
>NFStrike now has them in stock
"Brick" Waffle darts aren't the same thing as mengun darts. Mengun darts were closer to k'nex darts since they had a tapered tip.
>>
Question: Is $60 worth it for a used but functional Vulcan with belt/box/tripod?
>>
>>6728444
http://www.nfstrike.com/p/100pcs-Men-Gun-3.0-Soft-Bullet-High-Buffer-Soft-Foam-Bullets-for-Nerf-N-strike-Elite-Series-7.3CM-Yellow-Red_2346486.html
The black ones are more reasonably priced, All it is is a tapered, compressible, radially symmetric head. Won't grip the side of a sealed breech or detonate a low crush flywheel cage.
>>
>>6728633
With all the accessories (and in good shape), I guess that's not bad. But it's more "how much do you want it in your collection" rather than "is this a good blaster". Because even brand new, Vulcans were a bit of a PITA to use.
>>
>>6728633
That's the market price for second hand. Though it's easy enough to find in sale lots or even thrifting, if you want it right now you're not being ripped off.
>>
File: l5fdaMXB.jpg (55 KB, 512x512)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>6721274
This is fuzzy walrus territory
>>
I ordered a clear Maverick, new in the gamestop box from back in the day. Reliving childhood ahoy!
>>
>>6731662
Still mad no Microshot yet. Such an iconic blaster.
>>
>>6731662
How much are new mavericks going for these days? Saw a white one online going for $25.
>>
>>6731747
I've seen them as low as $0.50 at thrift stores
>>
>>6731756
He asked for new Mavericks.

>>6731747
Whiteout Mavericks were store exclusives (Walmart), so they're pricier than normal. And the only people buying exlusive Mavericks nowadays would be collectors paying collector prices.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (106 KB, 750x1000)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>6731747
I got my brand new clear one for 20 plus shipping. I'll feel bad about opening such a good collection piece but at the same time it'll be like Christmas day being reunited with it, in the same box even.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.