[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: rip CCBS.jpg (508 KB, 973x1115)
508 KB
508 KB JPG
Next summer's catalog leaked and it looks like 2018 won't have any new CCBS theme. Very sad.

Previous thread: >>6661598

>Discord
https://discord.gg/wWehshZ

>Booru
http://biog.booru.org/

>G1 Story Material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpfNrl6RIvM
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/
http://cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/post/68472919868/bionicle-chronicles-bionicle-adventures-bionicle

>G2 Story Material
http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/story/episode-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsoT-fPe0LU

>Misc. Media
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/

>For builders:
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
http://www.bricklink.com/
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/
>>
File: 1469840108707.png (333 KB, 853x480)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
In four days we won't be anymore in a year where BIONICLE was at least supposed to exist as a running theme.
This is truly the end of all of this, fellas. It's up to us to keep the flame alive.
>>
>>6691073
why would they even make a new system? the ccbs at its core is a very competent system that could be infinitely expanded upon. but i dont see why lego would replace it with a new one.
>>
>>6691411
Because in six years since its introduction (2011) they still haven't made anything good out of that system. Hero Factory was a forgettable line that survived for five years mostly thanks to an obscure market (Russia) obsessing about it, G2 was a forced failure (and when I say forced I mean a long list of reasons we all know), Chima and Super Heroes were flat out failures, Star Wars is part of a much bigger contract and its CCBS branch doesn't even need to sell.

If LEGO is still interested in investing in constraction (and I'm saying this while being fairly sure, at this point, that they have given up for a long while), they'll do it in such a way that CCBS undergoes strong transformations into a system with a stronger appeal. By now, 2018, it stinks and it doesn't have any strong success under his belt.
People are not familiar or crazy about CCBS as much as they were with Bionicle pieces or bricks, that's a fact LEGO needs to aknowledge if they still want to keep action figures in their portfolio.
>>
>>6691450
hf had some great sets. lego not using the system to its full potential is not a fault of the system itself.

>G2 was a forced failure
also this myth needs to die. even without disney g2 wouldnt have gone on for much longer. fact of the matter is that it just sold poorly. i used to work at a lego store and at least at the one i worked at they barely sold at all. and from what ive heard of other places they didnt sell much better there either.
>>
>>6691464
>it just sold poorly
It did. But the reason it sold poorly is a little more important. A lot of people, myself included, think it wasn't because the sets themselves were intrinsically bad or unappealing for their target audience, but rather a lack of compelling advertising, mismanagement of the property or misunderstanding why it was successful in the first place, and maybe just a little bit of negligence. This was during an advertising rollback too. So The ire towards Lego is earned, even if some of it is ill informed or misguided. There was no conspiracy to put Bionicle in the ground, just a perfect storm of corporate and consumer apathy. I think the only guy who had any enthusiasm working on Bionicle, besides the spastic set designers, was Windham.
>>
>>6691464
I noticed all kids that were targeted Bio2 preffered Ninjago.
>>
Bionicle was only popular because it was something new. As a toy it's utter shit. Stop whining that they don't make more. It's a toy for literal autists who only care about articulation, not an actual toy for normal kids to play with.
>>
>>6691686
i still think Hero Factory was the last good bionicle reboot. it introduced new/improved parts, had more diversely designed villains and was based on a simple, down-to-earth story instead of a forced lore about the spirit of Baba Ganoush on the ancient solar system of Vaqhta Khndxarakha
>>
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 1000x1000)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Shame lego cucked their entire potential with the versatile and amazing building system known as CCBS by fucking up the entire invasion from below line and the brain attack line before it.
>>
>>6691411
>ccbs at its core is a very competent system that could be infinitely expanded upon
Yeah, could be. But look where we are, and how little it did to keep Constraction going. Though this isn't strictly the fault of CCBS. In theory, the system has tons of potential and great versatility, but Constraction as an offshoot of Lego is just too limited and niche to fulfill that potential. Bionicle G2 showed the CCBS can be integrated with Technic, but again not much came out of that due to a variety of factors.
The already rather limited consumer interest, underutilized building system, tons of samey-looking or sloppily designed sets, lack of meaningful marketing and media presence and Lego's general incompetence at creating and sustaining an original, story-driven toy franchise created a snowball effect where Constraction/CCBS just keeps further undermining itself to the point that it might not be worth keeping it around anymore. Due to dwindling interest, Lego had less faith in Constraction, which lead to even fewer or shoddier sets and more limited marketing, which in turn lead to sales dropping further. There's also the fact that System is the main face of Lego and Constraction has widely been seen as some kind of a black sheep in the family (and that's putting it very mildly), which just makes it harder to sell to a larger audience.

Or fuck, maybe they should just make fewer but better designed sets and market them solely at Europe/Russia. They seemed to have been eating them up, unlike the rest of the world.
>>
So maybe we'll get some Veloctoreb sets in 2019, right?
>>
File: 1476994690012.jpg (20 KB, 452x382)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>6692302
dont keep your hopes up too high, that'll lead to disappointment!
>>
>>6692302
Veloctoreb is always next year.
>>
I miss Ben10
>>
>>6686558
It seems to be...both? I guess they can be changed.

Also
>Brick built forearms
>new shoulder add-on piece(?)
>>
File: ToaMazeka.jpg (320 KB, 707x875)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
Tried out a new body design for this one.
>>
File: LightRiderVehicle.jpg (252 KB, 656x732)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>6692474
Also a vehicle or something. Yeah I know it's just a modified Vultraz vehicle but it's a WIP
>>
>>6691908
So if the major problems don't lie with the system, how would a new one change that? You seem to be implying that a new system would be more appealing to buyers but you haven't explained how or why. Moreover it won't matter what system Lego chooses if the set design is bad.
>>
>>6691450
>Hero Factory was a forgettable line that survived for five years mostly thanks to an obscure market (Russia) obsessing about it
>tfw you were among the ones who kept your favourite franchise running by buying more and more figures, also freaking out about it on forums
Oh. Is that how it feels? Being proud of yourself?
>>
>>6692474
Ur designs are so sexy anon, I love em. Post more plz.
>>
>>6692734
Didn't mean to imply that. I actually agree with the post I replied to, but wanted to make a point about how the potential of CCBS has been squandered over the years for a number of reasons, and that things have been stacked against Constraction in general. So yeah, there are other things at fault here than the building system.
Imo G2 had it right by combining CCBS and Technic (though the execution was at times lacking), but Lego's poor handling of the line, along with the general low market interest in Lego's action figures, were also important deciding factors in its failure, just as much as any supposed faults of the actual toys.
But if I had to propose ideas, I'd join the crowd of people who say Lego should focus more heavily on Mixel joints and make smaller, more affordable sets for impulse buys, along with promoting them better through media and story material. And instead of making each successive line look samey and relying too much on generic humanoid builds, add more variety to the designs to make buyers feel like they're getting new stuff each year. But as said, a strong marketing push and media presence are just as crucial. Would lines like Ninjago or Bonkle G1 have been as successful if Lego just put them out there with little fanfare?
>>
>>6691464
>they barely sold at all

>Be kiddo
>Watch eye-catching ads or media such as the LEGO Movie or Ninjago series
>Pester parents to buy me legos
>Go to store
>Get a Bionicle set for some reason
>Who the hell is that? Never seen him on TV
>His mask falls off constantly
>His shells won't stay still when playing or holding him
>Can't even combine his pieces with the rest of my stuff. Is this really LEGO? The box says so...
>I wasted so much time and energy, and had to be patient for this?!
>"Hey Kidanon, how do like your new toy?"
"It's terrible and it's not even what I asked for."

Of course they didn't sell. I'd be disappointed and resentful if I got an untoyable nobody too.
>>
Hell, if I had money to burn I'd buy duplicates of nice sets and glue the shells/mask so I could mess around with them.
LEGO should had used the mixel system to make G2 small like G1 was initially, cheap so that people would buy them on impulse, compatible and usable as part packs. Toa Mata-ish articulated dudes would be awesome. Come to think of it, why were Mixels cancelled?
>>
File: killdozer (2).jpg (906 KB, 1936x2592)
906 KB
906 KB JPG
So I wanna motorize a vehicle moc similar to my old one and I want it to be remote controlled. Which one of these should I buy?

also is it even worth it to motorize them do they even go fast?
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Power-Functions
>>
File: killdozer3.jpg (1.16 MB, 1936x2592)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>6693353
Frontal view
>>
File: 001 (3).jpg (150 KB, 815x757)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
So what's his story?
>>
>>6693489
He's a big guy
>>
>>6693507
For you
>>
>>6693489
iz naruto
>>
>>6693489
*teleports behind you*
>>
Had the toy store dream agian lads
>>
>>6693906
*Force projects behind you*
>>
>>6691757
>not an actual toy for normal kids to play with
nigger you cant be serious, you have interchangeable parts for character customizing en masse, then you got multiple variations and room for so much articulation. theyre by far one of the best that a normal kid can play with. you were probably some poor nigger who couldnt afford god tier sets or were too retarded to put them together. never have i ever seen a person irl who actually disliked bionicles as a kid. youre on a whole nother level of autism.
>>
>>6693908
Is that the one where you go to a store and the shelves are stocked with older G1 sets(Usually the Toa Metru and 2006 sets) for ridiculously cheap prices? I have those sometimes, though it's also stuff like Trendmasters Godzilla figures thrown into the mix. Always pissed that it isn't real when I wake up
>>
>>6694048
Fuck, so I'm not the only one??? Had many dreams like that, but my favourite is this one dream where I went to some little basement-type of shop and there were motherfucking Roboriders and Slizers everywhere on those shop stands instead of snacks and HF knockoffs. Wanted to buy all of them, but woke up.
I wish that I could stay in that dream forever and never wake up.
>>
>>6693908
Those used to be super common for me, but I haven't had any for over months, maybe a year. Instead, I have dreams of browsing old Lego catalogs and reading /biog/ threads.
>>
>>6694092
>>6694048

Other anon here, I too have occassional bionicle dreams where I see reissues, value packs or stuff that existed mixed with stuff that doesn't, like a blue Tohunga with an exclusive mask and a small diorama made of a few rocks and seaweed.
However a few days ago I had a dream about a female Takanuva who pulled her staff from out of her cunt, followed by another about a Darksiders-style game where you play as Duskmon.
>>
>>6691757
>It's a toy for literal autists who only care about articulation
>early sets which made it popular in the first place had only minimal articulation
Makes sense.
>>
File: 1512415386674.png (147 KB, 645x729)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>6691757
t. brainlet
>>
File: ef7.png (243 KB, 600x514)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>6691107
>>
>>6691450
>>6691411

I haven't been into Bionicle since the Vahki but I've always been totally turned off by the Hero Factory/G2 style. Everything has weird Playskool proportions, too many colors, and a bunch of extrenuous parts tacked on. Late G1 got like this too and it's why I checked out.

When I was a kid what drew me to Bionicle was the simple but striking characters and the setting with the mystical elements. When I saw this thing sitting on the shelves it just hit none of the notes that made Bionicle what it was.
>>
>>6694444
forgot pic
>>
File: bigthinky.jpg (2.4 MB, 3264x2448)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>
>>6694257
Fuck, so I am not the only one x2???
Non-existing/slightly changed Bionicle sets were happening to me all the time. There was one time when I unboxed a Botar(!!!) set, and the packaging was upscaled version of Antroz's box, but with no picture on the canister and in the middle of the web there was something that looked like Ninjago first wave Zane's gold dragon emblem that was on his suit.
>>
>>6694525
The stormtroopers are pretty good tho.
>>
>>6694560
They're more or less the CCBS equivalent of the Inika-build and everything the system never should've devolved into.
>>
>>6694525
Fuck the Star Wars torso shell and fuck creativity.
>>
File: 282201202657521.png (207 KB, 388x300)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
This fucking piece. One of the glaring issues with CCBS is that the limbs look monotonous, like they're made of a single long box cut in the joints. Spamming this piece of the elbows and knees would had made a world of difference.

>>6694560

Kylo Ren is pretty much the only SW constraction set you "need". He has shin shells, shoulder shells, the torso bone with no neck and arm balls, and the shell that connects to it and adds upper back coverage. All in black so the skeleton won't be sticking out visually.

Has anyone done any bonkle mocs that use the unique SW pieces?
>>
>>6694760
Do capes count?
>>
File: 28234289020_a716ef6a0c_k.jpg (380 KB, 1365x2048)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>
File: rstat1.jpg (101 KB, 500x868)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
So what happened to all these lifesize Bonkle brick statues? Are they just permanent fixtures in random Lego stores, auctioned off, thrown out?
>>
>>6694525
So this is how CCBS dies, with thunderous applause. Thanks Mickey.
>>
>>6695520
>Liking CCBS
Kys
>>
>>6695549
>not liking having alternatives to System and Technic
kys
>>
>>6695515
Hopefully some eccentric millionaire bought them all and keeps them in his personal art gallery or something.
>>
>>6695553
Its hardly an alternative, the problem with CCBS is that they used almost no new pieces ever, and the end result is that the sets suffer from worse inika build syndrome than the inika build ever did. Shells dont have standard, stud measurable widths making legal connections with them impossible if you want to do anything outside the norm, and in the end the best CCBS MOCs end up being mostly technic with very few of the actual CCBS exclusive parts.
>>
>>6695515
BS01 says, without citations, that the Keelerak one was given away as a prize for some Cartoon Network contest.
>>
>>6695580
I still stand by my post. We can get better, obviously. However I still hate to see what can be an otherwise acceptable building system be squandered and thanks to SW, effectively killed off. Would I prefer a Constraction line with say, the Mixel system? Of course. It still saddens me to see CCBS and basically Constraction as a whole die.
>>
>>6695515
I own three sealed Lhikan & Kikanalo but the sight of shelves full of those still makes me wet.
>>
>>6696060
>I own three sealed Lhikan & Kikanalo
Gee Bill, your mom lets you have 3 sealed Metru sets?
>>
>>6691107
Of course it was a lie, are you guys retarded?
>>
>>6697299
Yes, I have austimer's.
>>
>>6691464
>g2 wouldnt have gone on for much longer
Good, one year more was more than enough to wrap everything up and not have a rushed ending like we did.
Also we would have gotten a Makuta set rather than a combiner.
>>
Psst, Galidor's coming back. Pass it on.
>>
>>6697299
No, Veloctoreb is real, you'll see.
>>
I want to make a rahkshi headed moc.
Anyone got some tips?
>>
>>6697517
Tip 1.
Don't use a rahkshi head.
>>
>>6697519
Whats the deal with the hate against rahkshi?
Is it a meme?
>>
File: 1442534182125.jpg (480 KB, 2048x1152)
480 KB
480 KB JPG
>>6697526
in a community of hobbyists desperately thirsty for something original, rahkshi heads are decidedly not.
>>
>>6697526
They have a really striking appearance, and anything with such a decent design will have millions of autists flocking to it to create an "original" self-insert that reflects that same appeal.
From what I understand, they have come to more represent the "hello I am 12 and this is my first MOC" look rather than the fearsome and snakish aesthetic they once held.
>>
>>6697803
>>6697570
So all rahksi headed mocs suck automaticly?
>>
>>6697570
That head looks pretty original, how did they do it?
>>
File deleted.
Happy New Years, /biog/.
>>
>>6697908
>people reposting my shitty sfm things here
wew lad
>>
>>6697908
>>6697912
>Human in [World that doesn't have humans]
reeeeeeeee
>>
>>6697908
saved
>>
>meanwhile in space
>>
>>6697948
Man, what a horrible fate for a matoran
>>
>>6697954
Actually it's a mindless robot that once was the body of a matoran.
>>
>>6697908
>Mods still haven't gotten rid of this
Gali is pure you monster
>>
>>6697885
looks like it's held together with 3m minifig bars, and the whole assembly is attached by the droid torso.

>>6697908
10/10
>>
>>6697349
I should rephrase that.
It wouldn't have gone on for any longer than it did at all.
>>
File: 2017-12-08 00.18.03.jpg (392 KB, 783x963)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>6697908
>mfw
>>
>>6698471
sup ((()))
>>
>>6698059
Thats pretty original if you were to make a rahkshi moc with it
>>
File: 1441818482214.jpg (2.15 MB, 2052x2052)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
>>6698619
Not as much as you might think. The "stick parts on the thing to make it my own thing" thing is old as art. It does look better than a lot of rahkshi hat attempts, but rahkshi heads on mocs generally ride the line between sexy-cool and donut steel sparkledog anyway, and putting a hat on your rainbow snake robot is pushing it imo. It's kinda like the Inika build; Even if you can make it work, I advise against it if you can avoid it because people will deride your creation for using the part in the first place and totally gloss over how it's used. Rahk at your own risk.

>>6697882
argumentum ad populum, unfortunately.
>>
>>6694554
These dreams occur to me too and lately quite often. Just yesterday I had one, but it was different from the others in that all those bonkles on the shelves were shitty bootlegs. That one was the worst, the others are pleasant otherwise.
>>
>>6698685
>putting the Metru chestplate on the Rahkshi head
whoever does this should be gassed
>>
File: JPEG_20171030_091434.jpg (1.91 MB, 3264x1836)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>6698685
>>6698472
This is the result of that.
>>
>>6698960
Edgy as fuck.
>>
>>6698960
gay
>>
>>6697957
Man, what a horrible fate for a krana.
>>
>>6698960
Looks like something on youtube from 2009.
>>
>>6699998
Anything with a Rahkshi head tends to have that issue.
>>
File: Mask of Feels.png (43 KB, 709x677)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
Goddamn, I forgot just how tragic a character Krika was.

Lego characters aren't supposed to make me cry
>>
Screw CCBS
Make a new constraction system like Gunpla
It will sell tons
>>
you'd think teridax would make his po-metru lair a little more subtle and inconspicuous
no
he put his own big ass face in it so everyone can see it
>>
>>6701416
Movie Makuta's mask and Po-Metru but G2 symbols. What's this?
>>
>>6701419
I think it was stated once that the Okoto script is somewhat based on the random meaningless runes found in a lot of G1 concept art.
>>
>>6701416
To be fair, everyone thought he was a good guy at the time. There's tons of Lhikan statues all around the city (strangely none for the other members of his team), so one made for the district scientist-governor probably wasn't overly suspicious.
The fact that it was in the middle of the desert and lead to an underground dungeon might have raised some mask-eyebrows, though. But Makuta could easily have said it's for his science experiment stuff, and everyone would have accepted that.
>>
>>6701218
>>6701416
>"There was a time, back when Makuta Miserix led us, that the Brotherhood stood for something."
>>
File: logan.png (1.09 MB, 882x1000)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
Bionicle is dead and it'll never come back
move on to system, Lego Star Wars is really hot now, big sets, big prices, big enjoyment.

Give unto the mouse.
>>
>>6701550
But what about Veloctoreb?
>>
>>6701550
sup ace
>>
>>6701550
damn thats good
>>
>>6701612
Star Wars truly is supreme to white manchild's bionicle.
>>
File: hot opinions.png (18 KB, 931x147)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>6701612
Now I understand what this review was referring to.
>>
>>6701612
why he have his socks on
>>
mods are pretty based on here, gotta admit
>>
>>6701550
>move on to system
fuck no
bricks are boring and normie tier
we want more constraction ffs
>>
>>6702044
>constraction
>>
>people are only talking about SW constraction without mentioning others
I'm surprised that nobody hasn't bought up any of those old knight kingdom constraction sets.
>>
>>6702533
the figures themselves are horrible to pose and barely can stand. Only saving grace are the armor parts for mocs.
>>
>>6702533
Star wars is the only currently running constraction theme. And Knights Kingdom figures were pretty bad.
>>
File: 3019145-image0.jpg (330 KB, 1600x1600)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
why people are bitching about CCBS
just make big figures with System
>>
>>6703294
Looks like that would fall apart at the joints really easily.
>>
>>6703370
This, but those are some nice micro details.
>>
>>6697375
>Kek powerizer
>>
File: image.png (359 KB, 344x614)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
shelfwarming inc.
>>
>>6703914
>more new shoulder pads
Man someone at Lego really likes ass mocs
>>
what was /biog/'s first bionicle?
>>
>>6703940
Two Lehvaks.
>>
>>6703940
Ehlek I think. If not that it was a set of Gali Nuva, Onua Nuva, Pohatu Nuva, and Tahu Nuva my grandma found at a garage sale
>>
>>6703914
IDK, that's some nice brown, and with new shoulder pieces.
>>6703940
Lewa, though before that I got the Torch and Turbo Throwbots.
>>
>>6703940
Tahu. It was a tough debate between him and Onua. Sadly, his is the only canister I no longer own because it was a gift from my aunt when we were all out shopping so I guess I just threw it away. Strange considering I decided to keep every other one.
>>
>>6703925
Aren't those more of a man ass since they are blocky and not round? Still, now we can actually build Pohatu the way he always was meant to be.
>>
>>6703973
I'm getting that set and building the thiccest Pohatu you've ever seen.
>>
>>6703940
I can't remember. I think it was a Turaga, probably Nokama, but it could have been Onewa or Matau. Maybe Tohunga Matoro. I can still vividly remember walking out of Tuesday Morning with a $7 Gali though, that's the set that really got me into Bionicle.
>>
>>6703914
that figure is basically nick bluetooth, but with shoulder pads, a gun and the SW logo slammed on it just to confuse customers.

idk about you guys, but the SW ccbs line just screams galidor to me.
>>
File: HanSolo-Fathead.png (2.67 MB, 1330x2600)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB PNG
>>6704111
I think it's actually quite solid if not for the knees. Too bad it really doesn't look like Han Solo. Like at all.
>>
>>6704111
Go away Julius
>>
>>6691757
Fuck you i rememebr being in 3rd grade and having so much fun playing and building bionicle mech MOCs.
>>
>>6691797
The story was utter shit.
>litterally came out of nowhere
>was it in the same universe as bionicle i couldnt even Tell???
>gay normal names
>Jesus fuck nothing dark about hero factory at all
>>
>>6693489
*cuts off your mask*
Nothing personal kid
>>
>>6701218
>smollest of the bunch
>only "friend" ragetard Icarax
>only one with standards but gets shafted as a result
And to think that had he survived Karda Nui, Teridax would have offed him somewhere later.

It's a shit life.
>>
>>6703940
Tahu, got onua and kopaka and pohatu some time later and then some bohrok and toa nuva. when they came out
But stupid teenager me sold at lot of them. I'm not really interested in many of the more recent sets, have been slowly purchasing some of the older stuff over the past few years.
>>
File: Gahlok.jpg (38 KB, 363x243)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>6691107
I still own my very first Bionicle, complete with the mask brain thing and everything. Pic related, have him on my shelf.

Somebody fill me in on what >>6691115 means? I only recently got back into /toy/ after I realized I'm a disappointment no matter what I do and I shouldn't let other people dictate my hobbies.
>>
>>6703973
>Pohatu the way he always was meant to be
>>
>>6704249
You sound like you never grew out of your edgy teen phase
>>
>>6703914
>Brown and tan Bionicle sets are never selling, what do we do?
>Scrap Bionicle and produce figures where half of the line is brown and tan!
>>
>>6704493
This. Bionicle wasn't even that good at being edgy outside of some Metru Nui plot stuff.
>>
>>6704249
I'm pretty sure Bionicle, Hero Factory, Slizer, Roboriders, Cyberslam/Competition, and Hockey all take place in the same universe. Just on different planets. It makes sense if you think about it.
>>
>>6704407
>Somebody fill me in on what >>6691115 means?
That we're now in a year in which Bionicle wasn't even planned to exist. It was supposed to last at least through 2017, but Lego had no plans in stall for '18. Meaning we're past its expected expiration date, even though in practice it had ended way earlier.
>>
>>6704613
G1 was at one point meant to run for 20 years.
So no.
>>
Are there any people with nostalgia for early g1 who unironically think hero factory was good?
>>
>>6704796
There was always potential and during design was supposed to have more depth as Faber pointed out. But Lego thought it should be cookie-cutter garbage with zero depth..

As toys and the media it's just meh, but the meta makes me appreciate it more, it also makes me angry because it's clear proof of the Lego executives stifling creativity. Faber had to remove the blog post he mentioned this for fuck's sake.
>>
File: 1512261484610.jpg (65 KB, 1059x1000)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>6704796
I was on board for Bionicle's entire original run, and think the "tiki robots fight an unseen evil" idea is way more compelling than the later stuff. Hero Factory was okay for what it was, but Faber was right, they never went far enough with the concept. More unconventional builds similar to Savage Planet to demonstrate the flexibility of the CCBS and some richer subtext to the overarching story would have done it some good.
>>
>>6704366
Don't forget
>spared miserix
>wanted to spare gali and the entire fucking universe
>when he found out about the energy storm he could have just fled, but instead he warned his comrades knowing they would probably kill him
>>
>>6703940
Lerahk and Vakama Metru. Got em one Christmas.
>>
File: short keetongu.jpg (320 KB, 960x1280)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>yfw Keetongu is a manlet
>>
>>6705154
Yet he still crushed Sidorak
>>
>>6705154
Sidorak was a cuck who took a beating from a buff manlet chink. Get over his switchblade gimmick and realize his rhotuka arm is only for him to attempt to grope a black mans black gf
>>
>>6702565
Those arms look useful enough.
>>
Was there any progress on the guy trying to recreate the Bohrak Queens to reflect the concept art?
>>
Anyone have any experience with Bionicle knock-offs? I know about the decool ones, but not about anything G2. The aftermarket of these sets sucks.
>>
File: 2018-01-06 11.45.png (17 KB, 321x176)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>
File: lmao.png (1.3 MB, 800x1185)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>family couldn't afford to buy me more than 2 bionicles a year
>half of my bionicles were cheap chinese copypastas
>try to put the pieces together
>6 of them broke

hey but I had original Makuta
>>
>original makuta

ahhh, a great if not 'sometimes' mediocre set from 03. my brother had it but he lost the mask in 06.
also- has anybody played any G1 games?
>>
>>6704180
That's because his appearence is based on Alden Ehrenreich's not Ford's you dumbass
>>
>>6705417
Bumping this question, I'm curious too
>>
>>6706037
I've played MNOG, half of MNOG II, Quest for the Toa, The Game, Maze of Shadows, and Heroes for PS2 and DS.
>>
>>6704796
Most of the sets were alright. I like the flexibility that CCBS brings but I felt like it wasn't used to it's full potential.
>>
File: IMG_20180107_082001.jpg (68 KB, 366x547)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
We get Unikitty sets!
>>
>>6707245
This one looks alright.
>>
>>6707245
Any other constraction leaks? I keep praying for some new G2 Bionicle recolors.
>>
>>6707268
Nope
>>
File: Tanma2.jpg (84 KB, 341x343)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
I don't know why, but I've always really liked this guy. Something about him was really endearing
>>
>>6707245
More
>>
>>6707245
>>6703914
Mouse here, remove these now Lego or we will buy you.
>>
>>6707326
Sup Ace
>>
File: ovAiveCl.png (183 KB, 640x617)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>6707326
Your greedy ass will never find me
>>
Any pictures of the Super Battle Droid figure?
>>
>>6707436
Haven't seen, but I think we can now quite safely say it's legit based on these other leaks, the collar seems to be used on it's head and the solo shoulder piece on it's shoulders.

This should also mark the clone warker as a real deal.
>>
File: image (1).png (252 KB, 983x553)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>6707436
>>6707444
As in haven't seen new pics
>>
File: image (2).png (982 KB, 2208x1242)
982 KB
982 KB PNG
>>6707446
>>6707444
>>
File: ep407conceptart02.jpg (180 KB, 1222x647)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>6707448
>>
>>6707413
What the fuck is going on with those upper arms.
>>
Star Wars needs to die.
>>
Rahksi gurls are top notch.
>>
File: Vxng7gHl.jpg (58 KB, 640x640)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Kino
>>
>>6707544
does he split at the waist?
>>
>>6707245
He's sexy af, manlet trooper is definitely what I need in my life.
Btw they stole the feet design from Aanchir's Comic Con 2015 MOC. What does it mean?
________
>>6707413
>>6707544
>tfw they managed to fuck up Darth Maul, maybe the easiest figure to make
GOD DAMN IT
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SO RETARDED, LEGO
>this headsculpt
Why didn't you go with the cartoonish style like you did with other human figs, lego? Why? Who the fuck approved that retarded from-china-with-love satanic baby doll headpiece?
>these shoulder pieces
STOP IT LEGO
WE DONT NEED THAT MANY NEW SHOULDER PIECES
ESPECIALLY THAT RETARDED AND NONEXPLOITABLE
THE BUDGET THAT WENT INTO CREATING THOSE PIECES COULD GO INTO DESIGNING DECENT DARTH MAUL FIGURE, YOU KNOW
>that mechanism
THERE BETTER BE AN UNITER TORSO HIDING UNDER THESE DICK CAPES, LEGO
________
tl;dr I'm disappointed and angry as fuck. Darth Maul should be 2015 Vader-category figure, not some luke sky walker level of tardbuild. Gotta buy that shit and build a good figure out of it myself.
>>
File: 1425819574968.png (182 KB, 332x360)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>6707577
>Btw they stole the feet design from Aanchir's Comic Con 2015 MOC. What does it mean?
>>
>>6707577
>Btw they stole the feet design from Aanchir's Comic Con 2015 MOC. What does it mean?

I doubt they stole it, but even if you build it yourself you know it looks retarded.
>>
>>6707245
Wow, aside from the droids and the Scout Trooper, this is probably one of the coolest constraction sets they've released.
>>
>>6707798
Take long hard look at it and you'll probably go 180 degrees with your opinion.
>>
>>6707544
Can we get robo maul next?
>>
>>6691907
Invasion From Below was amazing though
>>
>>6707938
it was just the ccbs version of exo-force, but the builds themselves were shit -plus please someone shoot the guy who made the color palette-.
>>
>>6706037
>has anybody played any G1 games?
A few.
Mostly the handheld games.
Quest for the Toa and Matoran Adventures mostly.
>>
File: 4632580.jpg (5 KB, 192x192)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
it's time to end this foot
>>
>>6707986
definitely, it's was the first time lego made something that looked like a real foot for ccbs but it's just a part of their lazyness like the ccbs shells now.
>>
>>6708011
Real talk, I hated the mold from the first time I saw it in the 2011 leaks.

Fuck those clone shoes, not only they look terrible the balancing with the ankles is garbage.
>>
>>6708011
I prefer the feet used on the 1st HF wave. They had issues too but at least they were easier to fix and they looked slick. Plus they didn't have the built in socket which makes them more flexible.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 512x512)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Hello everyone. Black. Six. Here. Today we have received 10 of each of the. New. Star. Wars. Constraction. Figures. And are giving them away to lucky members who take part in the poll below! Lego has passed themselves this time, proving that the Star Wars™ license is truly worthy of having its CCBS line, and to be fair Im very glad with these sets. Im sure to pose these with my Chewbacca™ and Stormtroopers™ Hopefully you found the review helpful, Black Six out!
>>
>>6708011
it doesn't even look real, I mean for humans, I like it on robots tho
>>
>>6708121
Fuck you Black Six I still remember what you did to my Zaktan!
>>
File: ace-in-a-hole.png (793 KB, 648x663)
793 KB
793 KB PNG
>>6708121
Drop the mask Ace
>>
>>6698960
i love this its edgy in the best way and the shapes are beautifully chunky thicc and molded keep the mocs coming man good shit
>>
do we even need lego anymore? we can do our own shit with 3D printing
>>
>>6701416
hey man, where'd ya find this?
>>
>>6708174
Concept art for the movies is fairly well known from a variety of sources, and some of them contain interesting stuff.
>>
>>6707577
Is this....reddit?
>>
File: my nigga megatron.jpg (14 KB, 310x248)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>6708270
the fuck's my nigga megatron doing with those visorak
>>
File: blacksix.png (928 KB, 2856x2616)
928 KB
928 KB PNG
>>6708121
>Black Six
oh no
>>
>>6708435
Good times.
>>
>>6708349
Which part of my post reminded you of reddit? And if my post did remind you of reddit, why havent u upvoted it yet?
>>
>>6707577
upboated to rubbit gold
>>
>>6708169
Except that type of plastic wears down with friction, is more fragile, and has more qc issues than the abs Lego uses. Even chink plastic is better.
>>
>>6705679
i have a sealed in box 2016 onua should i just sell it to buy 2001 sets the set sucks n i hate g2 but i want to build it and feel like a kid again
>>
>>6708270
ooh any links? I've been all through faber files but these are way cool
>>
>>6708726
Why would you keep a set you don't even want? Honestly. Just sell the fucking thing and move on.
>>
>>6707245
>>
>>6707245
It's one of the better ones by virtue of having cloth cover up the joints. Feet look like shit though.
>>
File: if the movies were hd.jpg (2.7 MB, 3150x2038)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
>>6708731
BioSector's and BioMedia's collections are the most comprehensive out there.
https://biosector01.com/wiki/Gallery:Concept_Art
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/artwork/

Here's further stuff that goes deeper, though some old links in the BZP topic don't work anymore.
http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/12476-official-bionicle-concept-and-design/
http://www.mproseimages.com/work-1/#/weg/
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/bionicle.html

There are still a number of Bionicle CG images that, as far as I know, haven't been released in good quality, either in print or online. I was hoping Faber would manage to dig them all up and share them, but no such luck so far. For instance, the little promo booklet from 2008 that summarized the story up to that point had a couple Hordika renders I haven't seen anywhere else, but they're small and grainy.
>>
File: IMG_2191.jpg (2.2 MB, 3024x4032)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>6708870
love love thank you so much! heres a look at some in progress danda style lewa art im working on in exchange! good shit like this keeps the thread alive and based
>>
>>6707297
>no knee or arm knee joints
>shitty head
>bland mask
i only bought him for the mask and twin blades
>>
Star Wars sucks ass especially now. Why the fuck are there shitty figures being posted on here instead of moc's or fanart?
>>
>>6709081

Because all Star Wars fans are adult children who want nothing more than an excuse to hit each other with light sticks. They haven't the creativity to create their own mocs. Hell, look at the pictures they post of their instruction built SW sets always from some crappy top down looking angle or at a shelf full of other SW crap collecting dust. They have nothing of meaning or depth in their lives besides waiting for the next round of Merch from Disney to dutifully buy. I wish all SW fans we're Muslim and would blow themselves the fuck up, out of their disappointed mothers basements though God knows they've suffered enough.
>>
>>6708635
thx palperson, just tone down your inside homophobia, its not okay in thirty first century.
>>
How have you guys been keeping up?
Personally I jumped ship to gunpla right when bionicle and constraction sets died.
>>
>>6709226
I was already into other Lego by the time G2 rolled around so I'm good.
>>
>>6708912
I like how that looks, and the D'Anda influence is clear. The mid-section looks a little bulky though, I know it was D'Anda's style to make the characters thicker, but I think Lewa should be lankier and acrobatic. Otherwise, looks good.

>>6709226
I stopped collecting shit midway through G2. I used to be into Transformers but dropped it just as the G2 leaks came out, and haven't gotten into other stuff since. Ran out of money and space.
>>
>>6704442
>>6705106

Realisitically, how much time and $$$ does it take to get together the parts for things like this?

I'd love to do this, but Lego's refusal to sell me individual parts on demand and necessitating the use of 3rd party markets for anyone who isn't Mr. Moneybags seriously muddies the waters on the kind of time and monetary investment required.
>>
>>6709626
>Lego's refusal to sell me individual parts on demand
Bricks and Pieces. But if the part is out of print, you're shit outta luck
>>
>>6709626
You can straight up call to their customer service and just ask an order of a fuckton of parts if you dont want to do bricks and pieces. Artists who make those giant lego mosaics do it all the time, though lego refused to give artists bricks if they wouldn't swear to not make something political or offensive with them; the famous lego concentration camp for example.
>>
>>6708432
>>6708270
Bayformers are Bionicle G1 and Transfomers G1 are Bionicle G2.
>>
>>6707297
same here anon
simply cool, the colours, the blades... yeah good times, even though the latter half of 2008 was mediocre at best
>>
>>6709226
It's been painful, frankly. I bought extra pieces to build more staff and pretend they still made sets.

Otherwise I have cultivated my hatred for LEGO.
>>
File: u sed wot.png (10 KB, 616x407)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>6709961
>lego concentration camp
What. I've never heard of this.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 770x443)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>6710025
yeah man, a Polish artist went all out and made joke lego sets which got pretty controversial. Here is a random blog which happens to sum it up: http://albertis-window.blogspot.fi/2010/03/liberas-lego-concentration-camp.html?m=1
>>
>>6703940
Gali, I was hooked on Throwbots beforehand and remember the first time I saw the cans at Toys R Us. Funny thing is even now I don't still have a complete set of the original Toa. I should just order Onua.
>>
File: black sir.gif (3.23 MB, 264x242)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB GIF
>>6710037
That's both very funny and very messed up
>>
>>6703940
The McDonalds Matoran, followed by a Kopaka-Nuva
>>
File: 8616-1 Vorzakh.jpg (222 KB, 1056x753)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>6703940
Pic-related.
>>
File: MEwW2j2.jpg (34 KB, 225x225)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>6703940
Onua and Tahu. That was a golden era.
>>
>>6709626
the first one you replied to is probably about 550 pieces, so just building one isnt that bad if you know how

the real cost is in how much time you will spend figuring out how to make it, followed by how much cash you're willing to spend so you can make your ideal waifu
>>
File: 1490410972292.png (202 KB, 365x363)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>6709226
>tfw getting into Gunpla got me back into Bionicle
>tfw that was right as Bionicle was getting more prevalent before G2
>tfw when G2 was kill I had also run out of space for Gunpla so I'm just messing around with both and occasionally building something of either
>>
>>6703940
Good old Onua. Still have a soft spot for it. Should dig the parts out of storage and put him back together.

Funnily, Onua was also my first Nuva, Mistika, Master and Uniter.
>>
>>6703294
Would be nice if they made a constraction system with a base skeleton decorated with mainly system. I think that could work very well.
>>
Why is edgy considered bad?
>>
>>6711301
its considered cringy and often times is
>>
>>6711301
If you make something edgy to make fun of it, then it's ok. If you're serious about it, then it's bad
>>
So I've been ignoring the SW CCBS sets while I finish collecting all of B2. Now that that's done, I'm looking to see which sets would provide good parts packs for non-SW mocs.

Anyone in the same position? What sets did you get/are you looking at? I'm not too much into SW, so any custom heads, cloaks, light sabers/blasters aren't really interesting to me. I'm mainly looking for new/recolored armor parts or other CCBS/Technic parts not already avaiable in B2.
>>
>>6711428
K-2SO. He's a must. Most of the sets have some exclusive armor colors, and Poe, Baze and Tie pilot have unprinted chestplates if you're into those. First Vader has a ton of useful Technic bits, and if you can get it cheap, Grievous has a ton of bones
>>
>>6711301
It's done poorly by a lot of teenagers to the point today's youth's cynicism see anything that resembles it as a joke or something without much merit.
>>
>>6711428
>>6711474
Oh, totally forgot the speeder bike that has useful Technic in it, but again, not worth for the full price
>>
>>6711428
from the ones I have:

must have:
K-2SO
Grievous
first Vader
Obi Wan (honestly, it's the only human head that actually looks good and works well with mocs)
Stormtrooper

alright for unique parts (or just bricklink those):
Donnie Yen
Emperor's Royal Guard - Retard Edition

only get them at a (steep) discount:
Baze
Finn
Shoretrooper
Kylo
Chewbacca

don't bother:
Luke
first Rey
Jyn
Nu-Wars Stormtrooper
Cody
Jango
>>
>>6711620
>Jyn
She's one of the few sets period that has dark bluish gray shells so it's not completely terrible
>>
>>6711620
Add Death Trooper to the third category.
>>
File: 19087.jpg (40 KB, 320x240)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>6711428
I got Grievous for all those tan pieces, Ben for the tan shoulder bits, white shin guards, and cape, Po for the orange pieces (because those are pretty rare), Ray and Ben for their tan pieces (and they were on sale for 75% off), and Kylo Ren for the capes, shin guards, and shoulder armor.

I've been lucky and have found all sorts of pieces from the Storm Troopers and Jango Fett sets in my local lego bin. Though I still haven't found any thigh armor, or pic related (I'll need about 8 of them to be happy).

I want to get the Trooper with the speeder just to have a good amount of brown Technic shells. The only thing I want from the Boba Fett set are the cheese yellow shoulder pads. The Elite Praetorian Guard set would be nice to get, lotta red pieces. Phasma would be nice to get for all those silver shells. I can skip Chewbacca, though if i find him for $5 I'll get him to turn him into a tree. I can skip Vader, I've got enough parts that are in his sets already.
>>6707544
Might get for the weird shoulder and torso parts.
>>6707446
I just want the shoulder pads from this set.
>>6703914
Lotta brown in this set, and it's got the newer shoulder pads.

/atustic
>>
>>6703940
The first purchased bonkle dood i got was Toa Lewa Mata, because I asked my uncle for Onua (Toa of Earth) and my uncle being the old geek that he was knew the fantasy shorthand for Earth was green.
>>
Lego only keeps CCBS/constraction around because they probably tried so hard to be able to sell star wars action figures thinking it'd be profitable but it ended up tanking for the most part, now the only reason they pump them out is out of contract, after the initial amount of figures or time producing them ends lego is ditching it completely
>>
>>6703940

I had to fight with my abusive mother and brother with no help from my neglectful father to get a bonkle. I wanted Tahu but almost any toa would do. Bionicle hit the market like a fad and sold out very quickly. By the time I managed to convince my family to get me one for my birthday *and* christmas, we could find nothing but a Lewa in one store. I'd be more than okay with Lewa at this point, but my brother insisted that "it's not what you wanted" and I got nothing. FUCKING NOTHING for birthday and christmas.
I managed to convince my family again during easter (when kids traditionally get toys). We went to the stores and found all the toa. Again, I wanted to get Tahu. My mother saw it and said "I am not buying you this devil". Then she inspected the other sets and got me Pohatu because he was unarmed and therefore the least violent. Fucking shit-coloured, clown-shoed, wide-hipped, least appealing-masked, non-heroic postured, weaponless Pohatu. Later at home both my mother and brother taunted me about how I had the same posture as the toy. That was my first and for a long time only bonkle.

I'd like to say at this point that despite the "non-violent" and "devil" thing, my mother was not a religionfag. She was a fat, permaangry, deranged, "artsy", stronk wymin who never hesitated to throw my father's money at her bullshit craft hobbies while I was lucky if I got four cheap toys a year. In the end she got cancer from the bullshit she inhaled, went crazier and died. Maskmaker anon may or may not remember me faintly.

>>6707297

Tanma looks endearing and great in both marketing and review photos but he just doesn't have that feel up close.
>>
>>6712453
>My mother saw it and said "I am not buying you this devil"
Did televangelists and soccer moms ever shit themselves about Bionicle like they did Pokemon, Slayer, and Power Rangers?
>>
>>6703940
Turaga Nokama and Gali Mata
>>
>>6712453
I can’t imagine your life is any better. Seems like you wallow in self pity
>>
>>6712468

Not here in europe, though there was a moral panic about satanists, Mortal Kombat and Carmageddon. As far as I know christians in america approved of bonkles because they found them christ-friendly. Tahu was red and was depicted lava surfing, therefore he was a "devil" to my mother. Everything that wasn't to her liking was labeled a monster, even Optimus Prime. She liked crap like pierrots sitting on the moon or gnomes.
>>
File: 1486227456103.gif (1011 KB, 309x238)
1011 KB
1011 KB GIF
>>6691686
>/ourguy/ in a bigger version
>>
>>6712453
>This fag doesn't like Pohatu
>>
>>6712566
What is this gif from?
>>
>>6712944
boku no picopuff girls
>>
File: unknown (1).png (1.14 MB, 1920x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
Some of the new LDD parts added/that'll be added.
Something was wrong with the update so Lego took it down. Hope it'll be re-released soon. Some performance issues + incomplete pieces etc
>>
File: unknown (2).png (1.15 MB, 1920x1080)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>6713224
>>
File: niiiiiiice.png (107 KB, 300x277)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>6713225
>metru foot
>>
>>6713240
been there already. zero bonkle parts if not for the piston one (because it's used on K2-SO and some future set)

They outright skipped Bionicle.
>>
>>6713242
Would it be possible for somebody who's technologically inclined to take the LDD engine and make a Bionicle specific version? Pretty much every piece has an existing 3D model of it for printing purposes afaik.
>>
>>6713265
While I think its could be possible, the issue lies with the fact that LDD's engine is not open source, same reason people simply don't create their own patches/updates for LDD.
>>
>>6713225
I fail to see how any of those heads would be useful other than K-2 and Grievous' heads.

Unless you were planning on using the human heads for a Galidor figure...
>>
>>6713265
>>6713280
I haven't kept track of it, but how is stud.io doing? As far as Bonkle is considered, that is
>>
File: yara3.png (472 KB, 1588x836)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
>>6713280
It is possible to unpack the contents of LDD and mess around. Prints/decorations are pretty easy to replace. Just a .png and a text entry. I've never successfully added models though. The formatting on those seems pretty screwy.
>>
File: IMAG0276.jpg (2.16 MB, 2304x4096)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
I love bionicles!
>>
>>6703940
Gali G1. I still have her on display.
>>
>>6703940
Vakama Metru
>>
>>6703940
'01 Gali together with a mask pack. It had a blue mask in it, perfect for when I first played with them.
>>
>>6707563
Underrated post
>>
>>6705679
дa
https://youtu.be/HmW4DJNa7bo
>>
Well this threads dead anyway, may as well post some mocs.

Here’s my attempt at the Spider Mastermind from Doom. Legs are a little disappointing - I wanted to use pistons but couldn’t find a way to implementing that. Also the Brain section holds together like ass but it’s better than the Brain Attack Brain I used before.
>>
>>6714279
Close up of the Brain. Glad I did something new instead of a brain bug but kinda wish it looked better.
>>
File: Kopaka_Mata.png (329 KB, 482x420)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>6703940
Dis nigga
>>
>>6713225
>still no G2 head or masks
What the fuck.
>>
>>6714353
Maybe they just haven't figured out a way to have the connection work on LDD.

Or maybe Lego just flat out hates Bonkle as everyone seems to think
>>
>>6714279
Little mixed on how thin the legs are but I suppose they're proportionate. Head seems pretty cohesive though.

Anything else you're working on?
>>
>>6693489
>has all Nuva armor
>actually a Toa Nuva
>>
>>6694833
nice
>>
>>6707436

You're welcome, anon.
>>
Holy shit, this better not be as much as I think it'll be...
>>
>>6715350
If the speeder bike was $45, I can see this easily being $80. It's going to be insane.
>>
>>6715002
Working on? No, at least not in the realm of Bionicle. However there’s plenty I’ve built that I’m always adding to so maybe that counts? My crown jewel is Robo2Pac
>>
>>6703940
I can't remember my first, but Kalamah sticks out in my memory.
>>
So Veloctoreb is coming in 2019?
>>
>>6716752
nah senpai. SW CCBS will be dragged into 2019. after the reception of ep9 , Disney will see the writing is on the wall for Star Wars. It will still remain big but it'll never have the spotlight again and be the marketing machine it once was and Disney will start cutting down the toys.. Then there won't be any CCBS ever again.

Fastforward to 2020, Disney will make a bid for Lego. Lego will turn it down but two years later, Lego will accept it. Disney will have it's reputation damaged, but it'll be larger than it ever was and control almost everything with entertainment, unless politcians stop sucking it's cock and use anti-trust laws on the mouse's bloated body of sheer greed.
>>
>>6703940
Lewa
lost his axe soon tough (cause I was so retarted not using the canister)
>>
>>6716770
>people this delusional actually exist
Wew.
>>
>>6716900
>For your commitment to defending Mickey Mouse, 0.5 shekels have been added to your account.
>>
>>6694833

Most impressive.
>>
>>6703940
Turaga Nuju and Turaga Whenua
>>
>>6695590
It was, there was a long story about it at one point about how the kid's mother basically made him get rid of it and it got melted down.
>>
>>6707245
The only reason people like it is because it hides the CCBS with cloth... kek
>>
>>6717376
Link to this story?
>>
>>6707413
>>6703914

>SW and Bionicle run simultaneously
>SW gets new pieces while Bionicle doesn't
>Bionicle gets terminated
>LEGO decides to address the issues with CCBS now

We really got royally fucked over.
>>
>>6717611
>SW gets new pieces while Bionicle doesn't
Okay, there are tons of valid complaints against SW CCBS, but that is ABSOLUTELY not one of them.
In 2015 Winter, we got six masks for the Toa, the Protector mask, the Skull Spider mask, new claw pieces designed for the Skull Spiders, a new headpiece and brainstalk, four weapon molds for the Toa, and the piston armor addons. That winter, we got two new masks for the baddies, the mask of creation, two new weapon types, the skeletal ribcage armor, and the skull armor addon.
In 2016 Winter, we got six new Toa masks, the shorter brainstalks, the crystal sword piece and crystal armor, the new chest pieces, the creature mask, the "piece of unity", Umarak's mask, and the Mask of Control.
Then that winter we got the beast masks, the corrupted Mask of Control, and the crystal armor.
On top of that, we got more new recolors than I can even list.
That's at LEAST forty new molds.
>>
Any advice on improving this Evangelion-sorta-but-not-really Guy? I wanna widen up the shoulders but not sure how.
>>
>>6717660
One of the defining features of evas are the really tall shoulder armors.
>>
>>6717631

Many of these molds were a bare minimum. In fact they cheaped out even more in the last year with the lack of unique weapon pieces. I don't understand why they didn't use pieces from the Chima sets.
But what irks me the most is that SW got right off the bat those valuable shin and shoulder shells (and later thighs). They were generic enough and could had benefited bonkles immensely, but they remain in SW.
>>
>>6717670
>wanting smooth shells on Bonkle
>when everyone whined that generic CCBS shells are too smooth already
>>
File: IMG_20180113_141556_1.jpg (1.84 MB, 1840x3264)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
All right, time to see if bath on nail polish remover is enough to save these two mistakes from way back when, or if it's time to let go
>>
>>6718137
RIP
>>
>>6718137
Should've used simple green or rubbing alcohol dried on a q tip, those masks will get eaten.
>>
>>6718204
>simple green
Not sold here
>rubbing alcohol dried on a q tip
Tried it, didn't do shit.

There's thick enough layer of paint on them that the remover will vaporize before it starts actually damaging the plastic
>>
>>6718252
Try acetone, usually works well for removing paint.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTBs9J5SxmU
>>
File: 1497156015998.png (617 KB, 1619x1300)
617 KB
617 KB PNG
What is the best Bionicle musical theme and why is it Face Me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5dSNP8ZZ9k
>>
File: Lewa Master+Uniter.jpg (738 KB, 2088x2324)
738 KB
738 KB JPG
I got into Bionicle way back at the start of G1, got most of the the first couple of waves, then lost interest around the Rakhshi. One thing I really loved was the ability to combine the sets into bigger models.

When G2 came out, they did the combination thing a little again but there wasn't much rebuilding done, if any. So I tried to make some combo models myself.

Anyone else tried something similar? Feel free to post them.
>>
Trump should make lego tax exempt in order to make bionicle never cancelled!
>>
>>6718760
Ban this IP before it posts more.
>>
File: 1513359368614.jpg (231 KB, 1001x1147)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>6718328
>Another version of Gravity Hurts
I'm not sure I'm as fond of it as the previous two versions, but I'll take it graciously.

Anyone know how Cryoshell's next album is coming along?
>>
>>6707326
kek
>>
>>6718772
What is it?
>>
>>6717660
Needs moar shoulder fins.
>>
>>6697948
poor feller
been up there since 2003
>>
>>6717667
>>6719036
Fun fact - I tried implementing shoulder fins when I started building this thing but it was hard as hell to integrate them in a way that didn’t affect possibility. But as you can see, I’m trying my hand at this again. May have to brick built, especially since I only have so many purple and lime green CCBS/Technic pieces
>>
>>6708738
im gonna build it its actually kinda cool
>>
File: moko - AM-01.jpg (597 KB, 1000x1000)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
>>
Metru chest on rahksi head.
>>
>>6719792
Do you want a death sentence?
>>
>>6719842
With chain hair
>>
File: screeching.png (689 KB, 770x770)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>6719938
>>
File: devilish.gif (1.51 MB, 425x481)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB GIF
>>6719792
>>6719938
On an inika torso
with nuva boobs
>>
>>6697954
thats a bohrok you dipshit
>>
>>6720165
With CCBS limbs hands and feet
>>
>>6720165
What if torso made of Technic triangles and Metrutoran limbs?
>>
>>6719792
>>6719938
>>6720165
>>
>>6712453
>I managed to convince my family again during easter (when kids traditionally get toys).
are you italian, anon?
>>
>>6717631
I don't consider mask and faces "new parts" since most of them are rarely ever used except for a few that can double as armor.
>>
>>6720170
Bohroks are deceased matorans of light you dipshit.
>>
File: 1454378390619.gif (541 KB, 690x329)
541 KB
541 KB GIF
>>6719792
>>6719938
>>
File: logan paul.png (312 KB, 640x360)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
How would Logan Paul react to rahkshi girls?
>>
>>6721431
Happy.
We /rahkshi/ now.
>>
>>6718782
>Anyone know how Cryoshell's next album is coming along?
Never
>>
>>6721431
If there's a rock bottom for posts here, is this finally it?
>>
File: just ttv.png (443 KB, 544x463)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 128x128)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
what the fuck have you done to my backup forums I made with sweat after finding my darn chrome krana?
>>
>>6722011
is dat da black six dude
>>
>>6722076
naw dats world is a vampire
>>
>>6722011
Literally who?
>>
>>6722085
Ruiner of Zaktan
>>
Does /rahkshi/ have any mocs they're currently working on?
>>
>>6692466
If this is real, it'll be the first lego set I bought since grievous
>>
>>6703914
What even is this?
>>
>>6715350
gross it's phase II
>>
>>6718358
Um no it's Creeping in my Soul
>>
>>6723481
It's Han Solo from the garbage fire that's in theaters in a few months (with still no even teaser trailer)

Give it up to them hiring an actor that doesn't look much like Harrison Ford, Give him an outfit different to the classic one, then give Lego a haphazard concept on what to make the set like and you get this "could be anyone soldier man"
>>
File: image.jpg (1.5 MB, 3264x2448)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
Many like to shit on the Ussa Nui for essentially being a technic build that was made for the sole purpose of cashing in on the mask of light hype and Takanuva, but compared to Lesovikk's vehicle, it actually looks visually respectable without the rider on it. Lesovikk's only works if he is on the vehicle with the landing blads down, otherwise when taken off both builds look quite mediocre. What do you think? Are both just shitty and lazy sets for the sole purpose of charging premium for extra toa? Or are they sets you have fondness or indifference towards?
>>
>>6691107
Any news about more technic sets?
>>
>>6691107
That's an edited image of Power from Robo Riders.
>>
>>6703940
Onua
>>
>>6723670
Man, I would had never guessed, thanks anon.
really... really good work deciphering it's fake :)
>>
>>6723650
I don't have either sets but I've seen plenty of pictures of both. Lesovikk's vehicle looks really bare from many angles. The Ussanui is beefier and using all 6 Rahkshi backs is neat. The 2008 vehicles are still the best though.
>>
>>6723650
>>6723721
To be fair, Takanuva cost twice as much as Lesovikk so expecting them to be same quality is bit dumb
>>
>>6723398
Literally worse idea than /technic/
>>
>>6723650
Ussulnui is great. Just the *idea* of Takanuva disassembling all six of Makuta's sons and combining them with some Bohrok Kal parts to make a vehicle and proceeding to stick one one of Makuta's sons' brain into it, using it to barrel his way into Makuta's lair and just crashing it right into his big ugly door is the most ridiculous and metal thing in the Bionicle canon. The parts being used for Takutanuva is a pretty sweet bonus, too. No opinion on Lesovikk.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.