[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: trollolol.jpg (1.49 MB, 1080x1080)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
Old thread is autosaging
>>6666976

>Preorders for All Stars wave 2 close on the 9th of Feb
http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.com/

>Coliseum Wave shipping pretty damn soon, 1st quarter they reckon
>ML 2.0 Kickstarter ships later this year.
>Last chance to preorder 2.0 some time before then

>Missed out on the older stuff and don't want to pay full rape prices?
Big Bad Shithole is pretty much your only option
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=mythic%20legions

What figure are you hanging for this year? Maybe this year. I'm pretty sure we all know how good the Horsemen are at keeping a schedule at this point.

I'm getting antsy for some goblin hordes
>>
I'm really excited for Goblins, especially if someone makes a Goblin Slayer figma/figuarts.
>>
I just realized i never got my art book from ML 1.0. What do?
>>
>>6749215
Email them. They'll get you squared away toot sweet.
>>
Any chance advent of decay is going to ship in 2018? Or are we pretty much set for 2019+?
>>
>>6749390
I thought they said like late summer for 2018
>>
>>6749393
They also said april but were nowhere near close to that id say were quickly shooting past summer and heading into fall 2018 at this point. Rediculous, this KS took in close to 1million and it takes a year and a half. I got all my bossfight stuff in like less than 6 months
>>
Anybody have the potp rodimus weapon base mode pic?
>>
>>6749403
Wow that's awesome, I can't believe you got the Boss Fight figures in 6 months when they didn't actually ship out until nearly 2 years after the KS launched (nearly 9 months later then their expected ship date). You must have some sort of super time machine or something to have pulled that off.

>>6749390
They'll be shipping late summer. things seem to be going smoother this time around compared to the first KS. They're almost finished with the paint masters and after that they can move into full production. Hopefully we'll have better estimates after the last pre-order period which I hope starts up in a month or so.
>>
>>6749390
I'm confident they will ship this year. The first Kickstarter was delayed by a couple of months, AoD has a few more figures than the last one. Plus there was the issue that the factory fucked the tolerances of the Covenant of Shadow wave, so they want to make sure everything is spot on this time.
It won't be like the Ravens KS, which shipped nearly a year after their estimate.
End of the day, I'm not fussed, so long as I get my figures.
>>
>>6749598
Its been just short of a year. How is are they not even in production yet? You call that smooth? Now china is gonna shut down for 3 weeks. Ill eat my dick if they’re here by summer.
>>
>>6749598
The bucky ohare ones shipped in 6 you sperg so yes, time machine
>>
>>6750153
Yeah anon, those are totally comparable to ML Advent of Decay.

Fucking moron.
>>
>>6750174
>completely new molds vs retools and redecos
Yeah, you're right, they can't be compared.
>>
File: Crying-man.jpg (92 KB, 336x465)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>6749403
Oh boo hoo hoo! They're sooo mean for making you wait for your toys!

Get Boss Fight's cock out of your mouth. Their toys suck ass anyway.
>>
>>6750174
What are you getting at?
>>
>>6750153
I can't find this Bucky O'Hare Kickstarter that magically shipped in 6 months.
Maybe it's because you are full of shit.

The Horsemen's initial estimate for delivery was April. They have kept us up to date to any change in the schedule through the KS updates. I remember one of the reasons was to tweak the tolerances, and the second was because they realised that there was not a chance of manufacturing happening before Chink New Year. Also, quality takes time, a concept I can see you are unfamiliar with considering you collect BFS.

Fuck off back to your Boss Fight thread and enjoy your Hasbro quality paint jobs, faggot.
>>
>>6750335
That your overpriced GI Joes with soft sculpt details and simplistic paint shouldn't be compared to a quality figure line.

Also, a 2 figure wave vs a 43 figure wave. Jesus, fuck, imagine having to inspect the QC of 41 less figures, also the production time, fucking hell, I can't even be bothered spelling it out to you.

This will be the last time anyone in this thread gives you any attention, because if you can't see that you're attempt at a comparison is way off, then you are clearly retarded, and your parents should seek a retroactive abortion.
>>
File: H7fR0V4.jpg (3.97 MB, 5184x2912)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
Can't freaking wait for Templar and Skelleton builders, these will be so sweet to mess with!
In the long line i'm thinking of getting more skelletons though, never really cared much for the good guys.
>>
File: 006.jpg (1.09 MB, 2448x3264)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
I can't decide if I want to get Pixxus or not. I'm already $114 in by planning on getting 2 skeletons builders, blood armor and bog gobbo. I already have 3 other skeletons (pic related) and I ordered the new skeleton builder and Brother Mandibulus. I'm also thinking about piking up a Templar builder as I already have one but kind of want a buddy for him
>>
>>6751356
Pixxus is pretty great...if you do get him, you won't regret it. That blue armor on a skeleton is gorgeous.
>>
File: media12.jpg (807 KB, 1920x1082)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
>>6751356

While pixxus looks beautiful, he's all show. he comes with no shoulder armor, so you lose some value in that, but damn that blue armor is amazing to look at.

gimme that clavian
>>
So, what are you all getting in the 2.0 all star wave?
>>
>about to order two boggo gobbos
>no paypal only cc
>my cc is a niggertits
f-fug
>>
>>6754512
I don't think I'm getting anything. Nothing that was a must have for me made it in, and while there's still a couple I'd like I don't think I can justify preordering more Mythic Legion stuff until I've got my Coliseum and Advent of Decay orders in-hand.
>>
>>6754514
google translate does nothing. wtf did you say?
>>
>>6754808
source?
>>
>>6754808
>le hurt feelings over reddit

Toy companies hate you, /pol/, and no matter how much money you give them they will always ignore you.
>>
>>6754897
Wait are you seriously admitting you are reddit?
What does /pol/ have to do with anything?
>>
>>6754512
Templar and Skeleton builders for me, thinking of maybe squeasing in a Vorgus or Carpathias, depeding on how much money i have untill de pre-order is over.
>>
File: DSC00678.jpg (1.04 MB, 2800x1575)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>6754887
>source?
Not him but here is my 1.0 Atlus. I think the problem is more because of shitty flesh tone paint and not the sculpt, but the problem is really prevalent among the early Barbarian Builder (their best selling figure), the flesh toned brown Minotaur and Atlus.

I had the Green naked Orc from 1.0, and black Minotaur from 1.5 they're both fine.
>>
>>6755157
Yeah, my 1.0 Barbarian scratched immediately, like the very first time I moved his shoulder. My minotaur from 1.5 has never scratched and I mess with it pretty frequently. I think the 1.0 flesh paint was fucked.
>>
>>6755157
>>6755168
That sucks! Is it a human-skin-only issue?
>>
>>6755168
Same here. I barely ever move my atlus. However my orc also scratched so ymmv. Im debating on picking up a preorder atlus only to see if they fixed paint issues.
>>
>>6755177
>However my orc also scratched so ymmv
Which one? The black/dark one from 1.75 I've seen many posts from 4H forum of him flaking off, I cannot confirm because I don't have him.

>>6755175
This is just my experience. I have two non flesh toned figures with that mold and they're fine. The two flesh toned ones I have both flakes and scratch like a bitch, even after precaution and lots of varnish
>>
>>6755189
Umm i forget the names but he was the shirtless non builder from 1.0
>>
File: 1492485602717.jpg (238 KB, 727x1298)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>6755192
That's too bad. My Urku is still looking great, so I guess it is luck dependent. The only consistent problem seemed to be relating to Barbarian Builder & Atlus.

Anyway while we're talking about paint scrape, just a warning the Troll also paint scrape pretty bad. However since he's so big, a minor scrape here and there is not that noticeable.

And before you guys shit on me, I'm not the Rancor guy.
>>
>>6755218
Never had any paint scrape on mine.
>>
File: trollboobooelbo.png (3.79 MB, 2254x1141)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB PNG
>>6755218
I forget if that's one of my photos or not.

.... and yep, that is one of mine.
Here's his paint scrapping at his elbow pit from that same day in April.

There's more scraps today than there were last year, because the paint is shoddy and i pose him.

>>6755301
Probably because you don't pose him, likely because he sucks at posing... which doesn't stop me from trying.
>>
>>6755218
>>6756382
At least the plastic underneath isn't jarringly discolored, could always look at it like little scars on its flesh
>>
>>6754739
My credit card is a hellhole's anus and they don't do paypal.
>>
File: 142018212723.jpg (88 KB, 450x800)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
I think I'm going to preorder two even though I told myself not to. I'm thinking Pixxus and Altus. Although I'm considering the templar or Vorgus.

And can someone remind me when these would ship?
>>
>>6757661
Not til around when Advent of Decay ships, so sometime in summer.

I originally told myself two, but Vorgus is too cool to pass up. But I for sure need some skellys for Brother Mandibulous to lead.
>>
>>6757661
Just a heads up that there isn't any rust coloring on pixxus. It's all just shiny blue. I got him when he was first released.
>>
>>6757931
That's a bit disappointing, although I might just add it myself same as I did for my basic skeleton.
>>
>>6758507
What'd you use for the background and the flooring?
>>
>>6758879
I made it out of that hard, pink sheet foam.
>>
>>6758884
So just carved in the lines for the bricks then? Is the brick texture just how the foam looks?
>>
>>6758885
Oh, yeah, the lines are carved in. I just measured them out and then ran a ballpoint pen over them. Then solid black, then drybrush on grays, then I used a real light mist of that rock texture spray paint (it does not melt styrofoam, which is a handy thing to remember), and then a black wash all over it. Then sealed it.
>>
>>6758889
Very nice, I'll have to make one for my guys
>>
File: 15201818035.jpg (288 KB, 960x960)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
So this is the general state of my 1.0 barbarian builder; he's been handled all of a few times. These all happened almost immediately and I swear I'm no hamhands. I really want a cool barbarian guy but he just makes me sad to look at. What should I do? Sell him and like get Attlus from all stars? Or maybe make some soft goods for him, some leather and stuff to help hide the problems? Would people buy him in this state?

I love all his options and pieces, but he keeps destroying his own paint.
>>
>>6759048
No offense towards the 4H, but I've had similar problems of paint flaking off with my Gothitropolis birds, especially in the joint areas. I just ended up repainting the paint flakes and sealed the paint myself since it was easy enough to do for generic-colored birds but yeah I'd be hard-pressed to repair flesh tones unless you're decent at painting. If it were me, I'd repaint it so it looks as if he has battle-damage though the soft goods idea sounds like a pretty good alternative if you can find some nice materials to cover him up
>>
>>6751168
I wish they'd make the Templar with a sugarloaf helmet.
>>
>>6759048
What I don't understand is the used skin colored plastic for the joints because clearly they new the paint would scrape there. If they'd used it for the rest of the body, very few people would have noticed the paint scrapes.
>>
File: 20180206_103505.jpg (1.17 MB, 2560x1440)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
I didn't want to start a new thread for this so i figured a 4H thread was as close as I was going to get to a MOTUC thread
Can someone ID this figure for me? I got it in a loose lot
>>
>>6760072
I want to say it looks like a custom but I don't know enough about the line to be sure.
>>
>>6760072
Sky High
>>
>>6759048

How much do you want for him? Might be keen of all the accessories are complete. Hit me up.
>>
>>6758507

That's the legion builder skeleton, right?
>>
File: 20180207_105956.jpg (2.19 MB, 2448x3264)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>6758507
nice. I customized mine too. I'm sure everyone here has seen it. I'd like to paint it up, but it seems taboo to me with this toy line for some reason.
>>
File: Pix.jpg (2.32 MB, 3264x2448)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>6758507
here is a picture for reference. he's really shiny. sorry about the bad lighting.
>>
>>6759048
that sucks dude. I bought the reissued on that came with the knight builder line. no damaging what so ever. i even tried chipping the joints by putting him in different poses.
>>
am I really about to preorder $103 worth of toys while my original order hasnt come in yet and is also delayed?
>>
>>6763042
Yes. This is the life we choose. I pledged over $700 and im ordering, thankfully just a pixxus and deltigar. The other i either have or dont care for. Unfortunately the reality is this is the best option. I learned the hard way since the birds KS always pre order. The in stock sales have always been a shit show and these figures are a scalpers wet dream. Unfortunately 4Hs production methods do nothing to mitigate the outrageous scalping but it is what it is. Always pre order or regret later. Thankfully I have a pixxus now after missing out multiple times.
>>
>We were hoping the Mythic Legions: All-Stars 2.0 wave would be shipping to us in late Summer 2018, but it's possible that it may be as late as Fall/Winter 2018. We'll know more once production begins, and we'll update you as soon as we hear back from our factory on that.
>>
>>6763059
That's the thing that makes me alright with reordering stuff I'm on the fence for, I can always just sell them if I regret buying them. I wouldn't sell them for more than double though, if anything just try to break even as I know how much people on here like them
>>
>>6763090
So is it possible they will have both All Stars 2.0 and Advent of Decay come out at the same time? I can only hope so
>>
>>6763159
>I can always just sell them if I regret buying them
Unless for some reason the figure fall apart or the paint scrapes then you're screwed
>>
>>6763166
Oh no I'm talking about right as I get them, like if I lose interest in collection before I get them. I've also seen people sell them on ebay used and are fine
>>
>>6763159
That's what I did back in their sale. I got an extra godfrey because their site crapped on me and the order went through twice. Just sold it to some guy in here for retail+shipping.

Funds aren't exactly there at the moment due to some unforseen circumstances so I'm on the fence about ordering some myself. I know I'll regret not ordering them later when everything is arriving, though. I should still probably do it.
>>
>>6763090
>1 year later
>production still isnt started
>chinese new year begins
>will start maybe at the end of febuary
What are these guys doing? How is it possible that they still arent in production. What are they doing for the last year? Why is it like this every Kickstarter.
>>
>>6763736
I know reading is hard, but they're talking about the new All Stars wave that is currently up for preorder. Not Advent of Decay
>>
>We've suddenly gotten such a large amount of requests to at least extend the Mythic Legions: All-Stars 2.0 pre-orders by a couple of days, that we're going to wait to close the Store Horsemen pre-orders until Monday, February 12th at 3pm EST US.
>>
>>6764321
There are people who literally live paycheck to paycheck and splurge on these things.
>>
Well, just ordered my first ML figures, so excited!
Now i guess i'll just chill while they don't arrive, maybe order at least one more when the next pre-order start, that Brother Mandibulus is looking pretty cool.
>>
>>6764196
Sh-shut up. I had read the email update assuming it was for decay.
>>
>>6764547
yep that's me
>>
BIG DICK HAGNON
>>
>>6764671
Well to be fair these are better investment than bitcoins. Skellies and Knights always sells. Monsters, Dwarves, not so much
>>
>>6764693
Yeah dude, I bought Clavian for what, 30 dollars?
I've made a 5x return on my investment
>>
>>6764680
cant wait for this ghost skelly bro
i hope preorders for advent of decay is further down the line so i can comfortably order 10 more figure
>>
>>6765305
This, I'm skipping 2.0(I have most of the ones I want already anyways) to save for more decay preorders, had to pass on a few I really wanted to keep it at a respectable level during the Kickstarter.
>>
New to Mythic Legions: are the upcoming Advent of Decay figures going to have pre-orders put up on the Store Horsemen site the same way as the the 2.0 lineup? Ordered Carpathias and Vorgus as my first Mythic Legions and I'm eagerly awaiting the new stuff.
>>
>>6767357

Yes they have said there should be one last advent of decay pre order, it'll probably be on the same store you preordered 2.0 allstars
>>
>>6748699
that orange monster is looking pretty appealing because hes the closest thing to a hinox from botw I'll ever get
arent they $200 and have problems tho?
>>
>>6767546
Basically they have little to no articulation due to the sculpting of them and from what other anons like >>6755218 >>6756382 they have the paint rubbing off in the joints
>>
File: girl let me touch you.jpg (833 KB, 2318x1302)
833 KB
833 KB JPG
>>6767573
They have plenty of articulation, but all of it is hampered by the sculpt, so they're basically McStatues.
They're about as poseable as one of Hasbro's Titan 10" $15 figures.

Very disappointing considering the price and the fact that Hasbro engineers same sized toys better, which are more poseable despite having less articulation.

And yeah, the paint scraps off from the joints rubbing together. You will be forcing the joints to try and pose them, btw, because of how frustratingly unposeable they are thanks to the sculpt interferring way too much.
>>
>really dont want to spend one hundred and twenty dingo on some characters i dont care for
>but also really dont want to suddenly want them later on and have them be ebay slowpoke tax

CURSES
>>
>>6767730
And, like Hot Toys, they just go up in price after...so if you want to sell them later, you can.
>>
File: Love me.jpg (238 KB, 1100x1846)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>6767546
They're amazing. I can't recommend them enough. They are totally worth the price though, especially with the size.
>>
>>6768632
Wha-whats under that cloth?
>>
File: Darkseid 080 (765x1024).jpg (329 KB, 765x1024)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>6768632
>They are totally worth the price though, especially with the size.
>one of the worst giant sized figures thta does less than other giant sized figures
You know what's going to be only $100 but come with a shit load of accessories, including another fully articulated figure, has more than twice the articulation?
>>
File: Crossroads (2).jpg (166 KB, 2048x1152)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
SKELETONS RULE
>>
>>6768787
You know you're a fucking retard and trying to compare things that don't match up?
>>
>>6768787
I get what you're saying but just a few years ago DCC figures would explode from being made of shit plastic or having terrible engineering. I FULLY expect a figure that huge will crumble just like the last Darkseid they did.
>>
>>6770403
How are they not compareable? 2 "giant sized" boss figures in the same fucking scale. Its you thats retarded because you want to ignore #facts
>>
>>6770459
>#facts

Good job proving what a retard you really are. Fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>6770470
Gets btfo
>b-b-but muh go b 2 /pol/
Hahahah everytime
>>
Finally pulled the trigger and sent in my order. I just hate the fact we pay it all up front but won’t see the things for months.
>>
>>6759048
Boss Fight figures are your only option, 4" but at least are well made
>>
>>6771116
Try months+ a year. 4H are the slowest fucking shitters out of any toys talked about here. In b4 the 4H apologist swoops in to be autistic about how they have other jobs and ML is just a small side job for them.
I like the figures but fuck are they moving at glacier speed every wave with no improvement.
>>
>>6771171
>they have other jobs
I never knew this, what other jobs they have? toy industry related? it's 4hm a hobby for them?
>>
>>6771352

They sculpt for Mattel, NECA, and a few other big toy companies. The 3 guys who run 4HM are sculptures or painters
>>
>>6771171
I didn’t get into mythic legions until the advent of decay and those where my first Kickstarter experience with 4HM. It seems like they’re doing alright pacing so far for them as they’ve gotten the unpainted prototypes which seems like a good sign but I don’t know how this process works and how much work is needed to be done between those and the actual order figures
>>
>>6771171
>In b4 the 4H apologist swoops in to be autistic about how they have other jobs

Well when you're a basement dweller like you, yeah, you wouldn't understand what having another job is like. You're an idiot.
>>
>>6770407
Except it isn't two years ago and they switched to more durable plastic since 2015. Hence the figure being reviewed really well.
pic of an even larger sized figure that only costs $100 and has useable articulation.

Sorry guys but almost everyone else releases giant figures for about the same price and gives you way more bang for your buck.
The trolls are not worth their price and are disappointing when compared to other giant figures.

>>6771470
Compared to other kickstarter lines, they're slow as shit, especially when compared to other professionals who work in the toy industry. Then you take into account that some companies don't rely on kickstarter to make everything for them, so they'll release a product like a normal company does on a yearly/quarter schedule.
So 4H is low tier when it comes to output and other things.
>>
>>6771627
>orry guys but almost everyone else releases giant figures for about the same price and gives you way more bang for your buck.
>The trolls are not worth their price and are disappointing when compared to other giant figures.

Eat a cock numbnuts. They are worth the money. "Everyone else" has full access to budgeting for full waves of toys that they can pull cash in from to fund and keep costs down. "Everyone else" has full working factories that allow them to mass produce things. Costs go up when things are more limited like this. Deal with it.

You're a fucking joke.
>>
>>6771631
>they're shit because they can't afford to not be shit
not him but that's not a good excuse my dude
>>
>>6771632
They're not shit at all my dude. Quit being a dumb faggot for once in your life.
>>
>>6771634
they're pretty shit for the price to be completely honest my famalamadingdong

and that's coming from a guy who thinks the other figures are decent, but having a ankle swivel and no knees because the dude is to heavy for their poopoo engineering is pretty pooMcgoo
>>
>>6771637
>they're pretty shit for the price
I'm sorry you live your life to be wrong all the time. That must be very painful for your parents to have to deal with.
>>
File: sectaurs kickstarter.jpg (53 KB, 680x336)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>6771617
Except there's at least three other companies who do this while still working at other toy companies without needing to ask for interest free loans to produce just a re-release, and even do redecos and palette swaps.

Almost every kickstarter out there is made up of amateurs, like this.
>>
>>6771638
>make a point about why they're shit
>you can't refute the point. You can only try childish insults
lmao whatever kiddo, have a party with your pants down
>>
File: secret wars.jpg (88 KB, 600x400)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>6771631
You're retarded.

The guy claims they're worth the money, but it isn't.
So what if they don't have access to the resources of other companies have? What you got is NOT worth the price compared to everyone else's.

It's like releasing this shit for $80 and saying it's worth the price because its made by rednecks in north carolina assembled by their grandparents.

Sorry, but in this day and age we're getting rednecks from New Mexico making toys that are comparable to what large companies are capable of. Yeah, they cost more but it's still within the same price range and engineered just as well.
This entire thread is about figures that ARE comparable to other 6" toylines, so you're already full of shit.

The trolls are NOT comparable to other giant figures within their price range and the engineering IS shit considering the joints that they do have. You don't need to have Hasbro's resources to engineer better joints.
>>
>>6771648
You're just embarrassing yourself. You know full well your comparisons don't add up, you also have your axe to grind against the 4H. From day fucking one you wouldn't shut up and quit whining, and you're still here doing the same song and dance. You have zero idea of what you're talking about. Give up already, the line is a hit for a reason. And if it causes you so much stress? Good. I hope your butthurt kills you.
>>
>>6771640
And those other toys are absolute garbage. So move along with your BS.
>>
File: 20170211_003601_008.jpg (3.66 MB, 5312x2988)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
>>6771669
>have your axe to grind against the 4H. From day fucking one you wouldn't shut up and quit whining, and you're still here doing the same song and dance. You have zero idea of what you're talking about.
Yeah, i have an axe to grind and that's because i know full well what I'm talking about.

I bought into the line and was severely disappointed
As you can see, i buy many large oversized figures, so i can directly compare them to everything I buy.

I may sing the same song and dance and that's because why would i change my song and dance if the toy is exactly the same as when i bought it?

So where's your proof of actually owning a troll to be able to defend it or anything of comparable size?
All you've done is blindly defended these figures.

Again, there's no reason they could have engineered better joints. It just involves better forethought and planning instead of just being like some lazy Mattel figure.
Again, there's every reason that they're comparable because other companies, even 4H themselves, can do comparable figures. Somehow you want to claim that the Trolls are immune to the comparison because...why?
>>
>>6771648
>>6771640
>>6771627
How's those sour grapes?
>>
File: IMG_20170816_084952_239.jpg (152 KB, 1080x1080)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
I mean, I like my trolls, but they do feel about $50 too expensive. And I was definitely disappointed by their limited articulation, especially after enjoying the 6" figures that came before them. They're alright though.
>>
>>6771730
I love mine. I bought the stone troll, it would be nice if they were a little cheaper, but I don't dilute myself into thinking there's not a reason for it. They're pretty great figures, and I love the contrast in size with him and my skelly group.
>>
>>6771640
>Interest free loan
Where are they supposed to pull the entire cost of production from? You like to post this phrase in every thread, but short of putting themselves in ACTUAL debt I don't know where you expect them to pull the money to release a line of this size.

I get it, you want to be able to buy them on Amazon whenever you have enough GBP saved up. But that doesn't work at the scale that they sell. They need to know up front how many of each to make, and they need the funding because where the hell are they going to pull that from otherwise?
>>
decided to pull the trigger on 2 gobbos

hope the qc is good
>>
>>6771669
How much does Cornboy pay you to shill for 4H since day one??

Oh, you do it for free?

Every thread this autistic screeching from you the 4H appologist. You act like 4H is gods gift to toys. Theyre nice but certainly not the best thing on this board. The articulation and engineering as well as price and spped of production leave a lot to be desired especially since this is their 4th or 5th round at this.

Get off your high horse and get some persective. Also stop making it your life to reeee if anyone dares have anything critical to say about MLs
>>
>>6771739
First, if that's being posted in every thread, that isn't me, since i rarely come because there's usually nothing going on for long periods of time.
Generals are pretty pointless threads where hardcore fans need to always have their line up regardless of new content. Go to a regular forum if you want this type of shit.

Last and foremost, do what ever other company does: get a bank loan. Even Apple gets loans despite having hundreds of billions in cash reserves.
See also: Ori Toys, Boss Fight Studio, Mezco, MGR, and dozens of other small niche companies.

These companies also use profits from their sales to reinvest into their company by making even more products, which is why they dont need to keep begging for month for something new.

This makes me wonder if demand for Mythic Legions is so weak that 4H can't risk using their own money to make future waves.
Is the fanbase made up of mostly resellers who buy the bulk of the product?
It would explain why there's so few buyers of the trolls on /toy/ despite being ordered in enough numbers to be produced like with everything else 4H makes
>>
>>6772043
You don't know how to run your dick, let alone a business. Thank fuck you don't make toys, because you're a bleeding idiot.
>>
>>6771934
Oh you are hysterical. This faggot shitposts in every major general on this board and whines about people defending a thing they like "for free."

Get your head out of your diseased asshole.

Who pays you for being a piss drinking retard? Oh you just do it for free? What a sad life you lead.
>>
>>6772102
>This faggot shitposts in every major general on this board
>talking about how a $100 figure doesn't stack up to other large $100 figures is shitposting
Mind responding to this post >>6771678 and explaining why you can't compare two giant figures in the same price range and size, despite the fact that this thread is about 6" figures that do stack up compared to other 6" figures?

>>6772094
>asking for interest free loans is how normal businesses are run.
Maybe if they fear not selling anything beyond what is preordered, which says a lot about demand.
>>
>>6772043
It's not begging if you get what you paid for in return. It's a pre-order. I don't know why that's such a challenging concept for you. You're under no obligation to purchase their goods if you have such an issue with their business model. You can even buy them on BBTS after they release, just like you seem to want.

You also have to consider that, as a small company, they need to ensure customer engagement. One of their methods of customer engagement is preorders followed by backer updates to keep people apprised of production. This ensures that there is a slow-burn hype, and they don't have to spend even MORE money marketing the things after they take out a loan and go into debt just to produce then in the first place.
>>
>>6772171
It's a pretty piss weak way to sell toys though and preorders only ensures to scare away any new fans to come into the line.
It's a blind buy every single time and then there's the year+ long wait.

Honestly, considering how poorly their previous lines sold, i guess it's too much for them to actually take any risks. Only their minotaur line sold out and everything else pretty much stayed around for years and years.
The fact that they're only doing preorders says a lot about actual demand.
It's not a way to grow a line or a fanbase. It reeks of Mattel's He-Man Club.
>>
>>6772194
>It's not a way to grow a line or a fanbase
I love the line, but 100% agree on this. It's a pretty shitty business practice if you're wanting to create a sustainable line.

Especially while BFS is on their 3rd fucking line while cranking out new molds, recolors, AND keeping things in stock.
>>
>>6772194
And yet the figures sell out and become a aught after. Gee, it's almost like you're wrong. Because you are wrong.
>>
>>6772160
>which says a lot about demand.

It doesn't. It says more about you that you're trying to piece together your bullshit this way, though.
>>
>>6772228
>yet the figures sell out
>a line that forces you to preorder to get anything
>sells out
I guess there's the remainders, from China forcing them to pay for an even amount of numbers rounded out to the nearly 10/100s

>>6772229
Except it does.
They only produce whatever is ordered and that's basically it.
Why?

Pretty much every other company who does this continues production beyond what is ordered. They continue production because there is year round demand.

Any company would take advantage of this demand.
Instead, 4H only does preorders even just to reproduce a last wave.
We already know that 4H tried to get a loan from banks before and that they were rejected based on their numbers. So there's more hints on how demand isn't all that, especially with how they rarely sold out back before they only did preorders only.
>>
>>6772278
Because they don't have the space to sit on toys moron. They aren't a big company, they make and sell what they can. I'm sorry you're too fucking dumb to realize that.
>>
>>6772278
>We already know that 4H tried to get a loan from banks before and that they were rejected based on their numbers.

Cool story bro.
>>
File: 4hep04.jpg (155 KB, 480x640)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>6772337
>have a warehouse/workshop
>leave it empty 300 days out of the year
or does it really take them over 300 days to ship everything out from a single KS/PO?

Stop trying to make them seem more inept than they already are.

Nevermind that they could still order multiple assortments just like everyone else, instead of relying on preorders only for another year+.

>>6772342
They released that info from their first KS and why they chose to do it that way instead of the way they had been handling all their lines before.
Sorry if newfags like yourself didn't know about 4H until now.

Going on 7 or 8 years now of waiting for this
>>
>>6772374
Considering you're the one making up these stories because you've got a hateboner for the 4H, one that has gotten EXTREMELY tiring, I think you're the one that needs to stop.

You've done this for years now, and nobody cares about what you have to say. The line is a hit, people are buying it. And you're still whining in the corner like the 4H should listen to you. Fuck off already. If you're the scalefag that's whining about them going with the larger scale? Double fuck off. You're a rotting scab.
>>
>>6772383
what larger scale? aren't they 6"?
>>
>>6772383
I'm not making anything up.
If you had been here long enough you'd know why they went to kickstarter in the first place and how they couldn't get a loan like they did before with their minotaurs, their queens, their timekeepers, their elephant/monsters and the Scarabus.

Even then, other companies have been getting loans or even paying for it out of pocket based on their sales to make their toys year round.
Again, this shows a success and allows more people to get into a line, because they don't need to wait around over a year to get anything in return.

And why are we even talking about this? oh right, because you're upset that a toy with a lot of joints is missing a lot of range of motion because they can't into engineering, which you believe can't be compared to anything else because planning the joints costs too much money or something.

BTW, still waiting to see some proof that you own the trolls or if I'm right that you're only just blindly defending htem.
>>
>>6772452
There's a poster that bitches in every 4H thread because they were going to make them 3" and then decided to do 6" because it made more financial sense...plus it's the more popular scale and ended up selling better for them. He's forever butthurt about that.
>>
>>6772457
>a lot of joints is missing a lot of range of motion
It's not, however. I'm sorry you want to be contrarian. But I guess that's the /pol/ way.
>>
File: 20170211_174439_002.jpg (3.07 MB, 5312x2988)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
>>6772461
Prove it's not missing a whole mess of range of motion.
Let's see the ankles doing anything more than FLAT or being able to touch their hands together or getting 90° from their elbows.

Here's another photo of mine showing how limited the range is, especially when compared to a cheaper toy that has less articulation, yet is able to get crazy amount of motion from its joints.
>>
>>6772452
They were originally supposed to be 3.75" figures with playsets, and mounts, and all that, but they found it would cost them virtually the same amount to produce 3.75" figures as it does to produce 6" figures, so they went with 6"
>>
>>6772485
mounts would be cool. playsets cooler.
Figures with actual detail is so much better though. glad it is 6"
>>
>>6772102
>muh anyone who dares disagree with me is one guy boogeyman fallacy
Nice try retard. Continue ahilling for cornboys fat ass for free. Theyre fine figures but you are entirely too invested in defending 4H youre frothing at the mouth dude.
>>
>>6772496
You literally just proved his point.
>>
>>6772510
Nice try. Thanks for the (You) retard ballwasher.
>>
>>6772520
Yep, you're a shitposter all right.
>>
>>6772536
So are you, clearly
>>
File: Power-Lords-Banner.jpg (225 KB, 1958x473)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>6772485
Actually, they said that the cost would be too high (despite all those other 1:18 kickstarter lines having no trouble moving high numbers enough to have year round sales), not htat it would be the same, and all the HeMan collectors on their forums were losing their shit, so they had to go with 6".

4H has no idea how to market their own toys. Even with their Power Lords line from this summer where they were asking for preorders, they didn't bother to go to any of the 1:18 sites to show off their stuff. Instead, they just went to their forum and that was basically it. Only a GI Joe site bothered to report that the preorders had started.
>>
File: sdfgsdfg1.gif (317 KB, 600x448)
317 KB
317 KB GIF
>all this shit posting

IS THIS WHAT YOU PERVERTS WANT?
>>
>>6772540
>4H has no idea how to market their own toys.

No, you just think they don't, because you're a basement dwelling shitbag.
>>
File: trollsilohette.png (1.73 MB, 997x1335)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>6772661
>all this angry because he doesn't own the toys he's desperately trying to defend
Still waiting for you to provide proof for any of your claims.

See this? This is the most my troll can bend his elbow.
This is why i have an axe to grind, because they couldn't do better than a Mattel figure.

And at this very shallow angle, the paint job is being damaged, because the plastic pieces are gouging into each other.
>>
>>6772666
Has anyone tried like, filing down the bicep-elbow connection? And applying a little paint obviously
>>
>>6772666
That's because you're a hamhands. It's weird that you, in your retard rage, seem to have all the problems in the world, isn't it?
>>
>>6772666
Yeah, yeah, cry everyone a river. You poor , poor baby. You will get no sympathy here.
>>
>>6772669
It's hollow plastic, so you'll probably get to the hollow insides before you make enough room to get close to a 90° bend.

>>6772670
stay mad that you don't actually own any of this awesome hollow squishy toy.
>>
>>6772691
You're a fucking moron. Undeniably.
>>
>>6772666
They really do have shitty elbows. I don't know what they were thinking ok-ing that. They're like pretty, semi-poseable statues. I still like them, mind you, but definitely some disappointments.
>>
>>6772713
They work fine, so they OK'd that because they work. There's literally no problem.
>>
>>6772720
Except the tiny range of movement?
>>
File: DSC007461.jpg (954 KB, 3000x1688)
954 KB
954 KB JPG
I'm gonna swoop in defense of Rancor anon.

Here is my Stone troll next to some random figure I have as proof that I do have the figure. I am extremely disappointed in the Stone troll figure.

1. As you can see on his left elbow, the paint do scrape because the elbow sculpt is too tight.

2. The elbow bend leaves things to be desired. Again just to reiterate, we're not complaining about the lack of addition for joints. We're complaining that the elbow joint HAS BEEN made and paid for. The price of this joint is already rolled into the price point for the figure that we paid for. However it is completely ineffective. It's like you're paying extra for a car window, but the window doesn't open all the way. This harkon back to the initial problem with paint scraping, the sculpt is too tight on and badly engineered on the elbow.

3. The figure has equally inneffective ball joint on the ankles. Again this is already built in and paid for within the price point of the figure. We're complaining that the thing we paid for is inneffective.

This all would have been fine if the 4H at least show us a video with the prototype and move the joint around so you can tell the range of motion. This is what the raptor KS did with his prototype raptors. But nope. The troll always sit in a glass case with neutral static posture. Then as buyers we have ONE (1) chance to preorder blindly without knowing the range of articulation and the quality of the paint, or risk getting scalped at >200% or more pricepoint.

I'm incredibly tired with the 4H business model. A lot of 4H fans are refugees from the Mattel subscription model for MOTUC figures. They're used to overpaying their figures, paying yearly subscription fees and getting delivered a subpar figure with 1998 articulation. This is 2018, for most figures we can wait until review videos showing the articulation and paint quality on the mass produced figures.
>>
>>6772720
if you're fine with subpar I guess that's true

>>6772758
it's a blatant bait with how they sell them
>>
>>6772784
>it's a blatant bait with how they sell them
Oh fuck off the edge of a horse's dick. You are so full of shit it hurts.

>>6772758
And you're even more full of it. Fuck you too. The troll isn't disappointing in the least bit, you whiny shit.
>>
>>6772758
>This is what the raptor KS did with his prototype raptors
And they're still garbage. The paint sucks, the articulation is brittle and doesn't move like it's supposed to. But I'm so glad you got to see it in motion, so you can defend a terrible feathered bullshit toy.
>>
File: he-men.jpg (56 KB, 592x414)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>6772720
>>6772670
>>6772679
I really like how before it was people are lying and trolling by criticising the troll for being so poorly done and now you guys are asked to provide proof contrary to the pictured evidence, you guys can only revert to middle school name calling?

Nice.

I also like how the other anons who have provided pictures of their own figures pretty much say the same shit as me.

Very disappointing figures.

And i find it really funny that i was actually one of the few people on /toy/ that was pushing for other people to buy into them way back when they were first put up 7 years ago, because 4H takes too damn long to do anything.

>>>6772758 A lot of 4H fans are refugees from the Mattel subscription model for MOTUC figures. They're used to overpaying their figures, paying yearly subscription fees and getting delivered a subpar figure with 1998 articulation.
Pretty much my take on this.
4H takes too much after Mattel's engineering and it's worse with 4H, because they actually have the ability to do whatever they want, but it's like the only world they know is Mattel's.
And the people who defend it are too eager to gulp it down, because that's all they're used to.
>>
>>6772813
>Very disappointing figures.

You keep saying that buzzword, but I'm afraid it's just not the case. I'd hate to be around people like you when it comes to Christmas gifts. I can just imagine you whining about that too.
>>
>>6772793
>mad at the truth
I'd bet on you being an employee of theirs but it's far more likely you're just a pathetic neet blindly defending bad toys
>>
>>6772813
>And the people who defend it are too eager to gulp it down, because that's all they're used to.
Man, you are delusional as hell. The figures are some of the best on the market and aren't like "Mattel" at all. I really don't get how stupid you can be about this.

There's nothing wrong with the trolls, and there sure as hell isn't anything wrong with the figures themselves.
>>
>>6772830
>bad toys

Thank you for confirming that you're a troll, of the shitposting variety. That explains a lot.
>>
>>6772793
>>6772797
Life's too short to argue against anonymous faggots on mongolian stir fry imageboard who might or might not have the toy we're debating about.

At least I made my case clear and gave my 2 cents to future buyers and lurkers in this threads regarding the flaws of the product they're selling. It's your wallet so feel free to spend it the way you want, but make sure that you make an informed decision
>>
>>6772837
>mongolian stir fry imageboard
The only people that use this sort of stupid descriptor are the trolls on this board when they're backed into a corner.
>>
File: 150_42029_md.gif (26 KB, 640x384)
26 KB
26 KB GIF
>>6772820
>>6772832
You guys need to prove that the troll can bend their ankles so their feet aren't always flat.
Or posting an image of the elbow bending more than 10°

Just post anything to prove that you guys aren't just blindingly defending the trolls and can actually say anything factual.

It's ridiculous that the troll has so many ball joints, yet all of them are basically as useful as a swivel.
How the hell can 4H fail so much?
>>
>>6772837
Same. I preordered some generic knights from the last KS and that's pretty much going to be it for me. I'm burned out on 4H's shitty business model and poor qc. I'll stick to BFS and customs for my fantasy genre needs.
>>
>>6772857
>shitty business model and poor qc
Neither are actual things in this case.
>>
>>6772691
If a guy can articulate legs from scratch on the giant cheap Kong, someone can mod the trolls to have a slightly better arm bend.

Or I guess we could keep whining about it forever...
>>
>>6772865
They'd much prefer to keep whining. It's all they have.
>>
>>6772867
So instead of "whining," what we should do is scratch build new joints on to these $200 figures? Is that what you're saying?
>>
>>6772873
Or maybe shut your mouth. That'd be even better. Your whining is vomit-inducing.
>>
>>6772876
Ah, so you're physically sick from someone not praising these figures. How weird.
>>
File: 11111111.gif (932 KB, 600x448)
932 KB
932 KB GIF
NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU HUH? WHAT ABOUT ONE OF THESE
>>
>>6772657
>>6772881
I appreciate your funny gifs anon, but this is not shitposting.

People are bringing up legitimate issues on the figure in the toyline and we have 1-2 people without any legitimate retort just spewing out toxic comments and personal attacks.

I still like the figures 4H made. I splurged out $500 on the last KS. However I'm also tired with their business model. They're content with making their distribution as retarded as possible, in the year of our lord 2018.

It make sense for limited time PO if you're a single employed customizer selling hand painted heads. It doesn't make sense to do so if you have several million dollars worth of KS and industry experience under your belt
>>
>>6772881
The only one shitposting is you and the dude who can't refute any points and just whines about whining.

Wondering if that's enough to get you retards banned.
>>
>>6772892
>People are bringing up legitimate issues
Where? I don't see any.
>>
>>6772903
Nah I appreciate the anon posting pics. That's good, silly content and I can respect that.
>>
>>6772903
>Wondering if that's enough to get you retards banned.

Funny, because you're the ones more than deserving of it. You try to destroy these Mythic Legion threads every single time. You're the problem here.
>>
>>6772908
This is my first time posting in this thread apart from asking where to get them though captain retard.
>>
>>6772904
>paint rub
>shit tier preorder business model
>floppy joints
>hands constantly pop out
>trolls have poor articulation

Nope, no issues. These truly are perfect figures in ever respect.
>>
>>6772904
>Where? I don't see any.
The engineering issue on the Troll figure and distribution issue on their figures?
>>
File: Webp.net-gifmaker (11).gif (678 KB, 1100x600)
678 KB
678 KB GIF
ITT: A bunch of fags didn't get their pre orders in and are now venting their frustration in the form of shitposting.
>>
And the thing is, I actually really like these figures. The sculpts are pretty, the pain is gorgeous, and I love the subject matter. But there's nothing wrong with acknowledging the problems with both the figures and company. I've honestly never seen the weird, dogged loyalty to a company like have on this general and 4h's board. It's so, so bizarre.

4h's complete lack of response on the issues, paint rub in 1.0, poor paint and quality control in 1.5, etc., have pretty much turned off any fondness I have for them, although I'm still willing to buy figures occasionally, but definitely not like I would if they handled things better.
>>
File: asdf2341111.jpg (311 KB, 1000x1003)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>6772892
all good, just wondering why everyone is arguing, what's to argue about, your either happy with it or you aren't. it's just an opinion man/
>>
>>6772932
I liked the figures, but I want the company to grow and improve, make these awesome figures more available to everyone, have more consumer friendly business model by allowing people to do video review the figures and the paint quality of the particular batches, rather than being a sekrit club with rabid cult of an elitist fanbase where the company can do no wrong.
>>
>>6772939
God damn, you are insane, aren't you? That's not how a normal company does things. You don't just get to do video reviews of shit, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>6772915
>The engineering issue on the Troll figure and distribution issue on their figures?

Neither of those are a thing. So you're shitposting?
>>
>>6772912
>This is my first time posting in this thread
Why do moron trolls always say this line when they're caught? Amazing how it's always, always, always "my first time posting h-honest!"
>>
>>6772873
I'm merely suggesting there might be ways to improve them with lower effort than scratch-building. Maybe cut back the area blocking the elbow a bit and fill it in with apoxie, and a little bit of paint. No need to throw a hissy fit.

Also they sold for 100 and were in-stock for a long time.
>>
>>6772944
Normal companies have stocks that you can buy after a figure is mass released. For a brand new sculpt, like a lot of imports I would watch a youtube review before deciding to buy a particular figure.

A video review for these figures would catch the disappointing articulation on the trolls, the paint rub issues on 1.0 figures and floppy joints on 1.5 figures.

With 4H figures instead you had 2 chances, one to PO blindly the year and a half before, and 2nd chance with severely limited stock that you have to be on your guard at a particular time and date to elbow each other online and get the figures.
>>
File: c4jt321.png.jpg (49 KB, 480x270)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>6772946
>Neither of those are a thing
>>
>>6772944
>>6772946
>>6772950
>>6772951
>one person literally going insane
>>
>>6772922
I'm not sure if you noticed, but everyone who has complained about the trolls preordered their figures, which is why we have them and posted pictures as proof.

The problem is that people who don't have them are crying that we have problems with them, so they're blindly defending them anyway that they can, which is mostly through middle school type insults.

Have these 4H threads really degenerated so much that criticism isn't allowed anymore?
I remember when people bitched about 4H taking months to ship their figures, but i never saw tantrums this bad from the defenders.
>>
>>6772958
>I remember when people bitched about 4H taking months to ship their figures, but i never saw tantrums this bad from the defenders.
I was there man, it was just as bad. I'm trying to explain that the 4H is racking warehouse bills and Cornboy's dumbass excuse of being able to only ship like 10 batches everyday because that's what their dumb personal Fedex account allow them to do and they're too fucking dumb to apply for a Fedex corporate account. They have gotten better since, but still the rabid cult fans are around
>>
>>6772960
Speaking of rabid fans, anyone else weirded out by the people on the FB groups buying tens of the same figure at once? I never see anyone posting big Attleboro scenes or anything, are they all just standing in groups on shelves? Or are they all resellers?
>>
>>6772963
*battle, not Attleboro. Wtf
>>
>>6772963
probably scalpers or they'd undoubtedly complain about the QC as well. It's obvious they don't actually open them since nothing is mentioned.
>>
>>6772957
>>
>>6772971
The mod team already confirmed it was all you on the irc channel. Your days are numbered nerd.
>>
>>6772976
>The mod team already confirmed it was all you on the irc channel. Your days are numbered nerd.
Are you really just making up more things as you go along?
>>
>>6772939
Wtf are you talking about? Anybody can do a review if they want to.

Also, get better taste. Video reviews are the worst. A well written review with nice pics is always superior.
>>
>>6772968
Or, maybe, just maybe, they're happy with the figures, and you're the one with a mental issue?
>>
>>6772981
>Wtf are you talking about? Anybody can do a review if they want to.
By the time anyone posted a review, the figure would be out of stock due to retarded distribution scheme so you're playing QC roulette everytime you PO
>>
>>6772982
>the only way to have any complaints about these figures is if you literal mental issues
Jfc, I wish I cared as strongly about anything as you folk do about ML.

They're good, they're not perfect. I like the, but I feel no loyalty to defend them.
>>
>>6772990
Oh, but the only way to not have a problem with them is to be a scalper? You're a retard.
>>
>>6772987
Then stop buying them. People that actually want the figures will buy them for you. Trust me, you won't be missed.
>>
>>6772992
I did not say that. I wondered what all these people ordering a whole bunch of figures were doing with them. Like are they just autistic all army building?
>>
>>6772995
Yeah, people do things they want with their own money. Imagine that!
>>
>>6772999
Jesus, everything just has to combative, eh? No discussion, just insults. That's fine. I'll dip out of this general, no great loss.
>>
>>6772987
Dude, they can’t give people figures that aren’t made yet. The people who review them had to pre-order just like everyone else because the figures didn’t exist until they had the PO money to make them.

Life is literally a game of trade offs. If you don’t want to take a risk on something, then wait and see. But then you can’t bitch about sold out stock and paying the scalper tax. That’s literally how all of life works.
>>
>>6772994
Way to deflect and change the subject you fucking dishonest shill. We were talking about how as customers we're forced to play QC roulettes with preorder. Unlike any other mass produced figures, you cannot wait for a honest review because the figure would be out of stock by then. This business model is severely anti-customer
>>
>>6773004
>That’s literally how all of life wo
On any normal figure I could wait for a review then get it in stock. Mezco, SHF, Figma, etc you name it
>>
>>6773006
>we're forced to play QC roulettes with preorder

You're not forced to do anything you fucking whale. And it's not anti-customer in the least, everyone knows they're getting great quality with these figures. If they didn't, they wouldn't keep selling out of shit, moron.
>>
>>6773012
Those "normal" figures are mass produced tard. You're comparing apples to oranges.
>>
>>6773018
Boss Fight can do it. Just saying. As can every third party transformer company.
>>
>>6773027
There you go supporting illegal shit again.
>>
>>6773014
>>6773018
Smaller companies BFS and Marauders task force figures can keep some year long stock. The raptor KS had open PO for 1.5 years as long as the figures are in production.
>>
>>6773012
>>6773027
Doesn’t matter what other companies do. The 4H don’t. So your options are order early and take a chance, or buy late and pay more. Those are the choices if you want these figures.
>>
>>6772963
>Speaking of rabid fans, anyone else weirded out by the people on the FB groups buying tens of the same figure at once? I never see anyone posting big Attleboro scenes or anything, are they all just standing in groups on shelves? Or are they all resellers?
I think 4H has noticed this, hence preorders only, instead of taking a risk of producing them year round.
They don't think there's enough demand and i can't blame them considering when they carted their wares around at conventions they never actually sold out until years later.

It would also explain why there's a couple of people here on /toy/ who are so quick to denounce criticism and pretend the line is devoid of flaws.
>>
>>6773014
>And it's not anti-customer in the least, everyone knows they're getting great quality with these figures

UPDATE #143
We've had some recent issues with the tightness of various joints on the Mythic Legions figures. Particularly the hip joints, ankle joints and wrist joints. Fans let us know there was an issue, we listened, and we totally agree. They're been a little too loose for our taste. Because of this we contacted the factory and had them go back in to tweak all of the joints on the existing figures to make sure everything remains tight and works smoothly.

Even your god and savior 4H acknowledge the fact. But even this is like 9 months too late because the problematic 1.5 batches already shipped. They don't have enough spare figures to do proper customer service on 1.5 batches so everyone who PO'd the 1.5 had to eat shit with floppy joints and flashing on the molds
>>
>>6773037
No. I chose the third option and plan to take my money elsewhere in the future. It's pretty easy to do.
>>
>>6773044
Good. You're not wanted at all, and they won't miss a single sale because of you.
>>
>>6773044
I should add: I have two figures preordered from Advent and if 4H starts acting like a decent company and the figures are better, the I have no problem getting more. If not, it's really no loss to me. Something will fill the same gap once they run themselves into the ground.
>>
>>6773036
And the raptors are terrible figures.
>>
>>6773044
That’s totally a valid option. But then coming here and bitching about figures you don’t even buy is kinda pointless then, isn’t it? Life’s too short to waste it like this dude.
>>
>>6773053
He's a troll, there's really no reasoning with him. They're only here to shitpost, not hold discussions.
>>
>>6773052
We don’t know that yet. Stop pushing a false narrative.
>>
>>6773052
oh great, I can see what the next few months is gonna look like.
I should've picked a solitary hobby.
>>
>>6773056
I am in fact here to discuss. I like talking toys. I like the ML figures I have. I like taking pictures of them and making dios, but they're not a company I /like/, just a fun oddity that I have a few figures from. Life is indeed too short. Certainly too short to defend the honor of a weirdly managed toy line, no? And I'm not a troll. But when every whiff of dissent is met with your rabid defense, I can see how you could think that. I'm also not the only person on this side of this conversation. You'll never believe me, but oh well.
>>
>>6773049
This is kinda the conclusion of this thread for new buyers to beware of.

4H is a very small company and they seem to have no incentive to grow. What this means is that they have extremely small leverage against chinese factories and at any moment could get fucked over in the ass. However they outsource this risk to you guys, the customer because they ask for interest free loan in term of paid to be made preorders.

When you got the product in hand, and the QC is not up to par, as a really small company run by 5 people the 4H has really slow customer service response time, but moreover very little capability to replace parts and make things right. If a whole batch of factory production like 1.5 came out floppy and not to par, there's nothing they can do because the replacement figures and parts will also be floppy.

To make things worse, there's a subset of a beaten housewife of a Stockholm Syndromed fanbase who would jump at your throat if you bring these things up, essentially shielding the 4H and retarding their company's growth. There's also a subset of a fanbase who makes enormous profit scalping the figures and take advantage of the retarded distribution model who might or might not overlap with the 4H can do no wrong fanbase, because it is in their incentive to scalp the figure with as high of a price it can be, and to make profit in scalping the figure has to be in high demand and flawless so they shout down any dissenting opinions and criticism from actual fans who paid for the figures, provide pictures and evidence of potential issues with any of the 4H production figures
>>
>>6772837
yeah thanks for your review anon
ignore those who are attacking you. the points you bring up are very very fair and come off as a fan who is disappointed and not as a hater.
>>
>>6772850
>being this new
>>
>>6773078
This, well put. Reminder too that 4H did in fact get fucked over by chinese factories when they stole/lost the molds for an older line. So they have been fucked and still dont have good leverage in the form of really large orders or regular production.
>>
So i was preparing for the next pre-orders and looking at the advent of decay figures, damn, this little guy looks awesome!
>>
>>6775019
all gobos look awesome, can't wait to get mine
>>
>>6775019
>>6775085
how much for like 4 goblins US shipped, kind sirs?
>>
>>6775166
which ones? They have the legion builder for 22 and the rest of the named ones are 35
>>
File: image-367856-original.jpg (68 KB, 560x266)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>6775166

4 of them are 35 each and the black armored one is 22$
>>
>>
>>6775085
Hail to the king baby, gonna have to order the few gobbos I had to pass on during the kickstarter during the preorder window, I just love the little bastards.
>>
>>6775019
wait when are these coming out? is it another wave?
>>
>>6775357
Dude, it's the Kickstarter 2 wave, the one with the girls and the thin guys, to be made later this year.
>>
>>6775441
I only got into this recently and have no clue how things work.

So they'll do a preorder for them after they do the kickstarter production I assume?
>>
What's the updated ship dates for all of the waves?
Is Coliseum still Q1?
>>
>>6775444
They'll do one last preorder for the Kickstarter 2 wave before they get in production, so that they get the full numbers and build them in one run. They'll do this preorder on their store not too far from now supposedly.
>>
>>6775537
cool thanks

>>6775085
will the crown be removable?
>>
>>6775549
Yes, it's removable.
>>
>>6773202
So fucking what? NECA got fucked over by that same factory because they were stealing their molds too. You can't trust Chinese factories for shit, it has nothing to do with how small the 4H are. And they've got friends in high places that will help them out if shit does go down.
>>
File: Corn to the core.gif (425 KB, 105x105)
425 KB
425 KB GIF
>>6775593
>>
>>6773059
>We don’t know that yet. Stop pushing a false narrative.

Uhhh yeah we do. The early samples have been reviewed, since that's what you wanted so badly. They are garbage. The accessory sets are shit too, with some of the most brittle, thin pegs you can possibly imagine.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1518617354700.jpg (40 KB, 750x936)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
The changed the shield handles. Thank fuck. I don't know what they were thinking with those awful clips before.
>>
>>6775713
I know that's just prototype plastics, but I dig the color mishmash there.
>>
>>6775713
That does look a lot better.
>>
>>6775444
About a year ago they had their second Mythic Legions Kickstarter which featured nearly 40 new characters, including the assortment of goblins. They're just getting final test shots of the figures in now and within a few months they'll go into full production. Between now and then, they're going to have another sale similar to the last All-Star wave sale where all the figures offered during the second Kickstarter will be available for pre-order with no limits as to how many items you can buy (other then cost and shipping). The goblins, along with all the other items offered in the second Kickstarter will be up for sale for a limited time (most likely 2-3 weeks) and after which production will begin. We most likely won't see these figures for another 6 months or so though.

But before the Wave 2 Kickstarter figures are produced, the Coliseum wave >>6775523 mentioned will start shipping and there will a short, fierce, bloody "in-stock" sale for any extra figures ordered. Those sales suck, but if you are lucky you can buy a figure and have it in hand within a month. But those sales are always horrible to deal with. The amount of figures offered in that wave are much more limited, and they use the old 1.0 builds and parts, but it has some very nice new characters.

There's also a new "Ogre" Scale class of figures being designed and most likely more new(or old) figures will be released along side of them. If you haven't already, you should sign up for their news letter to get updates on when things are happening. They'll also be at NYTF happening this weekend so hopefully we get more news pretty soon.

>>6775713
I agree so hard, it was one of (but not the only) biggest problems I had with their first line of figures. The new handles aren't exactly perfect, but they are FAR superior to the atrocious MOTUC style wrist clips. I just wish they offered extra handles with the newer figures so I can get enough to go back and update all my older shields.
>>
>>6775594
>And they've got friends in high places that will help them out if sshit does go down.
Where were these friends when 1.5 figures came out bonk with floppy joints, and mold flashing all over the place?

The 4H decide to do a stone cold silence, all the way until the KS campaign is over and another extra 6 month before acknowledging the problem
>>
>>6775941
>and there will a short, fierce, bloody "in-stock" sale for any extra figures ordered. Those sales suck, but if you are lucky you can buy a figure and have it in hand within a month. But those sales are always horrible to deal with
>>6775941

those sales aren't that bad unless you're trying to buy the warehouse finds
>>
>>6775019
Knubnik is my favorite Goblin by far. He looks grumpy, and the gray armor contrasts so nicely
>>
>>6775985
Not even a problem. But if you're so butthurt about it, you're welcome to never come into this thread again and never buy the toys again. You'll miss out, and it'll be your own fault.
>>
File: Untitled.png (36 KB, 812x460)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>6776945
>Not even a problem.
See >>6773043
>We've had some recent issues with the tightness of various joints on the Mythic Legions figures
>recent issues
>issues
>issues
In 4H's own word it is an issue
>>
>>6776973
Then it got taken care of. What are you crying about? Do you live your life to whine about everything?
>>
>>6776987
>Then it got taken care of.
Not really, people who PO'd 1.5 get fucked over. Nobody with floppy joint got a replacement figure, because the whole batch was bonk. There's nothing the 4H could do.

It gotten taken care of in the next wave, supposedly we have to take the 4H at their words but nobody knows as neither of us, nor the 4H have the mass produced copies of 2.0 or 1.75 stuff yet. There is a nonzero chance that 2.0 stuff came out bonk again, maybe the eyes were all painted googly, or the joints are frozen like the birds, or the joints are floppy like 1.5. These things has had happened multiple times.

I have to reiterate that I don't hate the figures. Even after all this I got 500 bucks in the 2.0 KS. However all of this could have been avoided if 4H get a decent overstock and not just made the figures as PO paid to be made only. Me and many anons could've avoided wasting our money on the 1.5 stuff if we could wait for a proper review, and learning that the joint quality were all terrible. Me and many other anons could've saved our money by not buying Atlus or Barbarian with paint chipping on the 1.0 if we could wait and not PO blindly. We don't like the risk being outsourced to us, the consumer.
>>
>>6777018
I got all the 1.5 figures and they're fine. So I'm sorry you think people get 'fucked over' because you have some ridiculous beef with the 4H.
>>
>>6777024
Don't take my words for it, take the 4H's own words. They acknowledge the batch has issues, were sorry about it and promised to make it better
>>
>>6777040
Then it's over with. Quit crying.
>>
>>6777052
I as a consumer could've avoid throwing my money if the 4H has better distribution method, so I don't have to PO with blind faith and actually wait for a review to make an informed decision.

4H's current distribution method is anti consumer
>>
>>6777063
>4H's current distribution method is anti consumer

Nope. You're just a whiny little bitch. And the more you claim "anti-consumer" the more you're a stupid cunt. If you have doubts, don't buy it. If you miss out, it's your fault. Sell the figures off if you're so unhappy you salty little twit.
>>
File: homer sandwich.jpg (81 KB, 633x356)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>6777075
>>6777063
now now, they aren't anti-consumer, because you get exactly what you paid for and they're giving you a long while to actually make your orders.
Needing to preorder isn't anti-consuerm, but it sure sucks.

It just sucks that you don't know the condition of the product. When dealing with China, it's like making a deal with a monkey paw so you gotta be as specific as possible in order to not be screwed over and they still find a way screw you over as hard as possible.
Which makes me wonder... why is 4H the one that gets screwed the hardest? Are they really that bad in choosing a factory or not checking in as often as other kickstarters? Are they penny pinching?
Considering their trolls, they do seem to not put in enough effort into planning things out.
>>
>>6777103
Just like any business, if they want to grow they can take out a loan, make these figures and have in in stock so that people can wait and make informed decisions from some early review. For the first couple of batches it's ok for KS project to have made to order PO. However they've been in this business for a long time. BFS and Marauder are able to stand on their own feet and keep stock.

BFS even made super niche product with brand new mold, the Bucky O'Hare line without necessity to preorder
>>
>>6777128
Will you fucking shut up about having anything in stock? God damn, that's never going to happen. That's not what they want to happen. You're fucking pathetic.

The 4H are successful doing what they do now.
>>
>>6777131
>That's not what they want to happen
The only reason they don't want that to happen is that with keeping stock they are not able to outsource the risk directly onto (You)'s anymore. Why bother taking risk while you have a legion of blind fanboy to gibs interest free loan
>>
>>6777137
Blind nothing. People have been buying their toys for decades. Cry some more.
>>
Is it weird that the psychopath mythic guy sounds the same as the psychopath neca guy?
>>
>>6777151
Which one is the psychopath? Everyone arguing on here seems equally cancerous.
>>
>>6777151
It's more telling about the company you keep, than anything else.
>>
>>6777151
Honestly you guys come off more psychopathic to me. I've never seen such a bizarre set of posting from people. You creeps talk about wanting the 4H to take loans out and shit like you have any kind of stake in the matter.

It smacks of desperate basement dwellers that have done nothing more than work eBay auctions their whole lives.

There's nothing good or sincere coming from the likes of you. That much is clear.
>>
File: IMG_0330.gif (1.03 MB, 448x600)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB GIF
CAME BACK FOR SECONDS HUH? TAKE THIS
>>
>>6777143
Hi.

Troll with rancor guy here.
I've been collecting their lines for over a decade, since their minotaurs.
I was able to buy from them in person, face to face with them even, months and even years after their figures were first released until the Mythic Legions line.

When i bought the orge wave figures, they warned me in person, that certain figures weren't up to spec. I took my chance and i treated the figures i bought from their table like glass, because i knew what to expect.

I've also bought certain figures online, like the exclusive minotaurs and others, and i kept on buying them until the trolls. I really can't support blind buys like this anymore, because their output is very sketchy now. Sketchier than it's ever been and im pretty much only going to buy in person now.

Well, that's a lie, i will buy online if there's something thati really really must have, which would have been their goblins if they weren't so such cheap redecos. Basically, something brand new that looks cool enough.
>>
>>6777330
>their output is very sketchy now
Hahahahahaha. Oh fuck off with that shit. Now you're really trying to push some made up bullshit, and that just does not jive. Keep your ridiculous thoughts to yourself.
>>
>>6777343
Do you lurk all day waiting for people to talk shit about bad toys so you can instantly leap to their defense?

Cause you're always very fast on the replies.
>>
>>6777348
1.5 has shit qc, you can't deny that. Half painted stuff, sloppy af washes, beyond loose hips.
>>
>>6777351
That was supposed to be to the other guy.
>>
>>6777330
>I took my chance and i treated the figures i bought from their table like glass, because i knew what to expect.

Then you're an idiot? I own everything of theirs from the minotaur on up. I have never had to treat anything of theirs like glass. I gave them over 700 bucks on birds and more, and yet more with Mythic Legions. Again, never once had to treat it like glass.

You're acting absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>6777343
Loose joints, paint scraping off, plastic feeling less durable.
It's very sketchy.

Maybe I'm saying this from comparing their current stuff with other current lines, but that's just how it goes.
It doesn't fill me with confidence anymore. Their older stuff did, but i would need to take them out to see if they still hold up (definitely not the orge/elephant stuff though).

You don't come off as a collector of their lines though. You're just talk and it's nothing but blind defensive ramblings from you.
>>
>>6777361
post a pic of your collection
>>
>>6777366
>You don't come off as a collector of their lines though. You're just talk and it's nothing but blind defensive ramblings from you.

You seem to be the expert on being blind, here. Amazing that you'd claim to know anything at all but you're so quick to break and mishandled your toys.
>>
File: 4h elephants.jpg (48 KB, 700x379)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>6777361
Never heard about their elephant/ogre wave? Doesn't sound like you're an actual fan if you haven't.
It's the one that they had to redo again, but they sold off all the flawed figures for years and years and years. It was on their online store too.
Pretty much every wave but the minotaurs was up there until their Raven kickstarter, but the elephant wave had the warnings about the shitty plastic.
>>
>>6777366
>You don't come off as a collector of their lines
Why, because I'm not miserable like you? Ivery never been let down by their Fantastic Exclusives, their birds, the cats, Scarabus, the ML. Shit, my rhino was from the "bad batch" and even that holds together far better than initial worries would have you believe.

I know full well what I'm getting from them.
>>
>>6777375
Wrong. There was nothing wrong with the plastic, you dumb fuck. The factory fucked the joint system up, making them come apart too easily. It had nothing to do with the 4H and everything with the Chinese factory that then stole their molds.
>>
>>6777382
I own a bunch of these and there was plenty wrong with the plastic but you're not wrong about them falling apart.
>>
>>6777382
There is plenty wrong with the plastic. I got the big elephant, tried to move the hips and it snapped right away.

Not that it matter because the skirt prevent you from having real hips articulation anyway, but still. He's just standing neutral as a statue now. Without proper hips articulation, and single ball peg on the neck might as well make the whole thing a statue and save some cost.
>>
God I just wish the autistic 4H apologist would just stfu. Hes been doing this shit for years its gotten so old.
>>
For future refference, the amount of posting with little evidence here should kinda work as a clue to at which point you are just talking to a troll or not... just roll up the page and see how many posts after any pic proving a point the debate started to make no sense, that right there is the point where both people bashing or defending anything should have stopped, assumed the other guy is a troll and gone back to talking about other stuff.

Here's a pic of Brother Mandibulus because i like the alt head more, deal with it.
>>
>>6777533

BEST skele coming though
>>
>>6777379
>my rhino was from the "bad batch"
LOL, so if you knew, why act stupid like the bad batch didn't exist?

>I know full well what I'm getting from them.
And that's the point.
I was able to get it AFTER everyone complained, i knew what could go wrong, made plans just in case it did break.
I bought so many of their figures knowing what i was going to get because most of it i bought in person.

That's the whole point, in that i didn't go in blindly before. 4H was able to sell their figures after you could read reviews and hear about people's impressions. Hence that Bad Batch being REDONE. We didn't get that for the bad batch with the Mythic Legions, because they got your money so fuck you.
Today, it's almost ALL blind buys. It's a very shit way to sell your toys and ensures it remains sold to a small group, because only fans will spend a couple hundred bucks almost 2 years before they ever touch anything. It's no wonder these threads has such closed off kneejerk defenders like yourself.

The fanbase will always eat itself if it can't grow, just like HeMan collectors did.
>>
>>6777721
Crying over anonymous imageboard won't solve your problem, so why shit up the thread. If you have balls and want a shred of chance to be listened to, make a thread on the official forum.
>>
>>6777765
>stop discussing toys unless its adding to muh circlejerk
still waiting to see if you actually buy anything that this thread is about.
Can't tell how loose the joints are or anything, since everything is boxed up still sealed because you need to sell it in mint condition, huh?
>>
>>6777721
Oh boo hoo hoo hoo hoo! You're such a martyr worried about the fan base not growing! Fuck off with your self righteous bullshit. The toys sell, and they will continue to sell. You are meaningless.
>>
>>6777399
You're a hamhands then. I have everything from the Rammathor wave, and the rhino's the only one that had legs that could pop out, and even THOSE stay in place unless I tug on them.
>>
>My toys are broken
>My toys aren't
>No pics of either
Yeah, everyone is trolling everyone in here...
>>
>>6777989
>asking for pics from a wave that 4H themselves had to redo because of bad plastic and replaced thousands of figures for
/toy/ didn't even exist back in 2007 when the figures were released and you expect pictures?
What kind of gross person would even keep broken toys from over a decade ago?

BTW, i bought from the bad batch and i only paid $10 for mine, because 4H advertised them as being poorly made. Mine haven't broken, because like i said, i treat it like glass.
>>
File: troll holding collection.jpg (551 KB, 1735x1301)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>6777819
Actually, the implication of "eating itself" is exactly what you're doing right now.
You're acting like an asshole to "traitors" who aren't interested in just circlejerking each other about how great and perfect the toys are.
Newblood ensures that people like yourself aren't the stand outs in the fanbase, because most people aren't nutters.
So great job at representing fans as being hypersensitive defensive children who blindly defends toys he doesn't even own.

And as much as I'd like to take a picture of my collection, it's harder to actually find the boxes that contains my loose figures and these were just sitting within easy reach in my closet.

I actually bought Xetheus to army build, because shock and awe, i didn't know what the build quality was going to like, so i only bought one cow exclusive. I was impressed with their articulation so at Comic Con it was actually easier to buy multiples of Xetheus. Didn't bother opening this one because i couldn't display more than a few at a time & he was forgotten about for years.
The Time Keepers i also army built, and this one i didn't like the color so much as an army builder, so i kept one in package.
As you can see, his box is signed. I had all my 4H figures signed by 4H, because they're there selling them in person and i like their work. I have the other cards in storage somewhere, all signed. Bubbles are thrown away.

I didn't have this Xetheus signed because i really didn't know who they were before and I'm not fanatical enough to carry a toy to a convention all day just to get it signed.

It sure was nice to just be able to buy these toys in person and even get some the next day after playing around with them to see how they actually are.
Sucks that you'll never experience having a choice like this and need to double down on your blind buy.

Also, this is the closest the troll can get his arms together. Very disappointing, especially since all my other giant figures can do better.
>>
>>6778738
I don't care what you do, dude. But you're wrong, and you post wrong information while claiming some really creepy bullshit about the 4H. It's like you're obsessed and need to fuck off.
>>
>>6778715
>because like i said, i treat it like glass.
Which you don't actually have to do with these figures. I'm sorry you're retarded and can't control yourself though.
>>
>>6778738
I want that Xetheus so bad.
>>
>>6778757
>believing a guy who doesn't buy these figures and wants to pretend that they're perfect
LOL, nice try
Why would i treat them differently when so many other people had problems with them? They had so many problems that 4H used their profits from making the line to remake them and replace them.
They had so many overstock of the bad batch that it literally took them over half a decade to get rid of them.

>>6778759
Sorry, not for resale, because im going to open him up.... someday!
Just like my Gunpla and my video games and BDs and books and comics. All stock piled, for that rainy nuclear winter.
>>
File: stuff1.jpg (37 KB, 1000x307)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Oh are we still waving our dicks around? Cool beans.

Here's a Rammy and a few variants. I have a rhino, he was part of the bad ones, and he's 100% just fine. His legs pop out easily if I pull on them, but that has never kept him from posing.

Nothing broken.
>>
File: stuff2.jpg (59 KB, 1000x563)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>6778816
If you want to complain about the photo qualities, be my guest, you guys want to bitch and bitch and bitch, so you can deal with bad quality photos.

Got things signed by the 4H? Cool, so do I. I have Xetheus and two of the variants opened up, but the rest are still on card, because I like them that way for now.
>>
File: 20180215_162110.jpg (290 KB, 1000x1669)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>6778823
Another signed figure. The Rammathor figures were some of my favorites, and they all had great QC, with only the rhino having the joint flaw.
>>
File: Boneman.jpg (88 KB, 600x486)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>6778829
I have all the cat chicks, as well as the human queen. I have all the birds, including the recent ML/whatever repaints and new heads.
>>
File: churchlady.jpg (76 KB, 650x488)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>6778833
I have a number of the Scarabus figures, too. And again, no problems, no breakage.

IN FACT, I will tell you one "qc error" I had. The anubis figure I have, his thigh swivel was stuck. STUCK, stuck. I twisted that fucking thing until my hands bled, and it FINALLY cracked and moved.

And you know what? It didn't break. That's good plastic.
>>
File: MainBird.jpg (152 KB, 600x1015)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>6778836
Also >>6768632 is my troll, and I still love him.
>>
File: JONESEY.jpg (287 KB, 1748x1531)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>6778841
So, as someone who has a lot of experience with 4H and all that... Anyone worried about the QC and worried about breaking anything and not just enjoying the fucking figures needs to pop some Xanax.
>>
>>6778823
>was able to buy the toys in person, because its better buying things in person than blind buys
Do you not agree?
Because my posts were part of a series where you can build a fanbase easier and allows everyone to get what we want, instead of going in blindly.
I mean, here you are, buying as many as you did, because you bought them in person.

Serioiusly, how cool was it buying the toys years later?

>>6778836
Yeah, I've never broken mine either, but that wasn't my point.
My point was that the first Elephant wave was completely fucked, so 4H had to remake the line, which they didn't bother to do with their Mythic Legions wave that was heavily flawed, because they already had your money.
>>
>>6778889
>>was able to buy the toys in person, because its better buying things in person than blind buys
>Do you not agree?

I really don't unfortunately. Yes, it's always nice to see what you're buying in person, and it can help with spurring on a purchase, but I bought 95% of this stuff sight unseen. I came in to the Xetheus figures laaaate, but I got lucky with them before they dried up completely.

But I knew the figures were good because of that experience, and so I had no qualms ordering future FANtastic exclusives. And I don't know what you're on about with them "already having your money" in this case, because I distinctly remember having to dish out money for most if not all of the website variants. Shit, dealing with Fwoosh and some of the others was more of a pain than anything with the Kickstarter things.

I've bought in on everything because Xetheus impressed me so much. I had no qualms giving them those many hundreds of dollars with the Kickstarter stuff because I knew the figures would be great. I wasn't disappointed (minus perhaps the birds needing ankle rockers).

They've done right by me, honestly. There's hiccups, sure, but I've always gotten the toys and been impressed in the end. I think maybe the cats not having the posability I'd like was a downer, but not enough to sour me.
>>
File: IMG_0334.jpg (672 KB, 747x1000)
672 KB
672 KB JPG
WHO SUMMONS THE OLD GODS! I, SCARABUS, WILL DES-
>>
File: IMG_0337.gif (239 KB, 448x600)
239 KB
239 KB GIF
OH NO
>>
>>6778950
>doesn't agree that it's better to buy a toy in person and then goes onto say
>t's always nice to see what you're buying in person
> it can help with spurring on a purchase
>I knew the figures were good because of that experience (not going in blindly)
Geez, you're nothing but contradictions, but that's to be expected from a hardcore fanboy.

>I don't know what you're on about with them "already having your money" in this case, because I distinctly remember having to dish out money for most if not all of the website variants
Because almost everything that they sold is preordered, minus a few hundred leftovers. With all previous lines, they were selling their toys at conventions and online for months/years afterward.

So 95% of their sales for Mythic LEgions was something that was already sunk into and they had no qualms in keeping that money, because they obviously didn't redo the wave to fix those issues for fans.
With the previous lines 40-80% was made through conventions and their website, NOT already sunk in, to be sold at a later date.
So in order to make their money, they had to redo the wave again to keep fans happy, because who would want to buy a bunch of defective toys at full price?

>I knew the figures were good because of that experience,
Yeah, same here, up til they started fucking up. So based on my negative experience, I'm not willing to go in blind anymore.
>>
New thread

>>6779047

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.