[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Leo.jpg (474 KB, 1365x1024)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
For those unfamiliar, "Plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model." If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here.

>"If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!"

***READ THE GUIDE***

IRC Channel
>Server
Rizon
>Channel
#gunpla

The guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Tr8UyF2Xg5Ojqw0sxcO7oIG7IIsJPes3lMO5pHZKu5o

And a handy guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20(Scale%20Modelling%20Step-By-Step).pdf
http://www.scalemodelguide.com
Some line art: http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/MenuBar1
http://gundma.imgur.com/

Previous thread: >>6971662
>>
File: leo.jpg (114 KB, 1080x1081)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
How many Leos is too much Leos?

Another three just arrived today and I ordered another four.
>>
>>6983398
There's an even-theoretical upper limit?
>>
>>6983458
One could eventually run out of storage space. Of course, additional storage space can be purchased...
>>
File: Build 058.jpg (714 KB, 1449x1932)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
>>6981665
Ugh, the offsets on some of these, I should have used the Tamiya Putty first >_<
>>
File: Build 059.jpg (684 KB, 1932x1449)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>6981665
>>6983473
second round of LGS is much more conservative thank god ;-;
>>
>>6983398
When one starts to order that web divers retool with the multiple heads option.
>>
>>6983398
Aw jeez. I never liked Leos really, I didn't understand what was so great about them. I ordered one just because it was cheap and I figured why not, it'll bring me a few hours of entertainment. And now....now I'm thinking a little squad on my desk might be nice. Your photo is convincing me to do things I never dreamed of doing, anon.
>>
>just realised I put an inner piece in the wrong way around after gluing and sanding the seams down
>>
About what width are 1/100 hands for gunpla?
>>
>P-Bandai
why god
why

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2018/06/p-bandai-mg-1100-polypod-ball-release.html
>>
>>6983534
Oooh shit, sorry to hear that son. Very similar to what I did this weekend--assembling a bootleg kit, I spent 30 minutes coaxing an incredibly stubborn part into place, only to find that I assembled it backwards. Took another 15 to get the parts apart again, and by that point I was so frustrated and weary, I ACCIDENTALLY MADE THE SAME FUCKING MISTAKE. So I had to disassemble and reassemble it again. Altogether the ordeal took two hours.
>>
>>6983550
Come on now, you KNEW it would be. Even when we first found out about it everyone was like "yep, that's gonna be P-Bandai."

I'm sad too, but the blow wasn't as hard cause I never expected it to be a normal release. Time to fire up my middleman.
>>
>>6983553
What do you use? I tried gentei kits but the price are pretty high.
>>
>>6983565
Their formula seems to be 1.4x P-Bandai prices, not including shipping to you. I guess that's kinda high? I dunno. I've been alright with it I guess, since I've been using them for a while. Maybe I'm just attracted to how transparent and no-bullshit Gentei is, it displays your entire total with shipping up-front and you can pay in advance, which I really like.

If anyone knows of a significantly cheaper service though, please do suggest one. I'm all for saving money.
>>
>>6983579
Well, actually, now that I think about it, he needs to pay for shipping from Bandai to himself, which is probably at least a few bucks for a HG and maybe like 10 bucks for a MG? Maybe. I'm just making assumptions about local Japanese shipping here. Plus he needs to take a little cut off the top for himself, cause he ain't working for free. Taking a 2000 yen HG as an example, let's say that's 4 bucks for shipping and the other 4 for himself. I think that's reasonable.

I guess I'm okay with 1.4x in that regard. I mostly buy HGs anyway so the price jump isn't too steep.
>>
>>6983579
The main issue I have isn't really the inflated price of the kit, it's that I can't buy them on sites that have a bunch of shit I want so I end up having to pay shipping for just a single kit instead of buying in bulk.
>>
>>6983588
Oh. Well you're not really going to get that at most shops, most either middleman or sell standard retail items, not both. The ones I've seen that do both typically have hyper-inflated prices. It's P-Bandai man, nobody gets off easy, just bite the bullet and pay the shipping.
>>
>>6982322
thanks senpai
>>
>>6983552
>by that point I was so frustrated and weary, I ACCIDENTALLY MADE THE SAME FUCKING MISTAKE
I've done that before too. Anyway after some surgery and putty I think it's okay but I'll have to wait until it's all dry tomorrow night.
>>
>>6983398
4 Leos + Tallgeese is the MINIMUM in my opinion.
>>
>>6983398
different leos need different set of equipments
same goes for the p-bandai purple leos soon
>>
File: Bros 013.jpg (1.11 MB, 1932x2576)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
oh yeah, there was a gunpla get-together at a con the other weekend, some guy brought in a homebrew photobooth (that could have used better diffusing cloth), got to take a pic of much of my Color & Custom crew together.
I really should have remembered that tab-adapter from my Base 2 when I was putting the Super Space's hips together, now I'll never be able to keep him stable.

>>6983818
As well as they've been doing (and we can only hope the Non-Player Divers do well enough as well to warrant it) there's actually a faint glimmer of hope that the space-type may get a general release. Faint.
>>
File: IMG_2675.jpg (1.04 MB, 3264x2448)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
hey anon, about to kit bash here. however, the arms pegs doesn't fits. Am I supposed to cut off the joint and paste them to another?
If so, What tool do I needs, and between using glue and using cement, what do you recommend?

The guide doesn't seem to discuss about kitbashing.
>>
do you guys wash your runners before getting started? if so, what do you use?
>>
>>6983887
Bandai kits don't really need to be washed, if anything you'd do it after you build the kit to get your greasy finger oils off so your decals/paint stick properly
>>
File: Zeph.jpg (209 KB, 966x1288)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>6983657
No problem anon, have you delved into frame arms before or is byakko gonna be your first one?
>>
>>6983839
I see seamlines on that serpent
>>
Does anyone know of any foil sticker sheets I can buy? Preferably in like different shapes (circle, square) for cameras and shit?

I want to put a foil sticker on Leo's eye and put a circular foil on its gun camera.
>>
About to build my MG Providence and happened to see that there are some aftermarket metal parts for sale for....the hip assembly I think? Is this something that is easily broken, and should I buy these parts before I start?
>>
>>6984305
The freedom 2.0 hips are notorious for being so tight that swiveling the forward and back can break them easily. Just sand down the pegs a teeny smidge and you should be golden. I dont trust the metal frame since i havent seen any reviews on it and the promo pics make it look like the plastic parts wont fit well or pop apart at the seams
>>
Could I make a sort of satin/light matte by mixing semi-gloss and flat?
>>
>>6984398
Isn't that basically semigloss by itself??
>>
Okay, I tamiya cemented together two parts that I shouldn't have (forgot to put a part in). Is there any way to get the pieces apart again?
>>
>>6984474
Force and prayer. You could also is a saw, but then you'd need to putty the gap you'd make.
>>
File: MVI_4563.webm (1.13 MB, 640x480)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB WEBM
Was DREADING the prospect of wiring 20 rgb leds for the PG unicorns base, but fiber optic makes life so much easier.
Wired some ws2812b leds to a digispark key mini arduino and laser cut some brackets to hold the optic in place over the leds.
This will run separate to the unicorns arduino since I can NOT be arsed to integrate the 2 separate codes, and the digisparks cost less than £1
>>
File: MVI_4566.webm (1.24 MB, 640x480)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB WEBM
>>6984672
and the mess underneath
>>
Do you think half-assed or un-finished gunpla feel angry/sad ?
>>
>>6984839
even if they don't, I certainly do when I lose interest in a kit because I just don't know what to do with it anymore
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>Fingers are being a bitch to assemble
>Finally succeed
>Move them experimentally
>Every single one of them crumbles at the first knuckle
>>
Is there some sort of release schedule for kits in June?
>>
>>6984884
http://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/nouhin.pdf

The general on /m/ usually includes it in the OP
>>
>>6984887
>won't be a leo reprint for several months because they didn't believe in leo and certainly have lead times measured in months
>>
>>6985023
They believed in it. But I haven't seen a single person who bought a Leo. It's always 3 to 5.

NDP Leo is coming it this month too, maybe because Bandai new the 900 yen would sell like hotcakes. It has all the pieces to build the Leo, its just a different color. Paint that shit up. Or keep it purple and pretend its a space Leo.
>>
File: leo-npd-4.jpg (293 KB, 683x1024)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>6985040
Pretty neat looking, but it sadly seems to lack the clear piece for the camera. It's just molded in black from the looks of it.
>>
>>6984180
Everyone does, I didn't weld them on that one.

>>6984398
Should be able to in theory, test out ratios dropwise.

>>6985205
Ooh that's gonna be rough. You can candy with chrome underneath, but it just won't match that clear lens look.
>>
>>6985233
Much as I hate the pain in the ass of moldmaking and casting, that might be enough for me to recast the camera piece in clear resin.

Ehhh, who am I kidding, I'm lazy and Bandai is probably gonna shit out a hundred Leo repaints in the near future anyway. It's kind of neat to think about making totally clear camera lenses that people could tint or paint under to create any color though.
>>
>>6985263
I cast some clear parts for my groupbuild entry this time round. Moldmaking isn't that bad if you get the mold putty since you don't have to measure out the parts and make a box. Just make sure that the room you let the parts cure in is really warm, otherwise the pieces come out sticky and malleable.
>>
>>6985330
>the pieces come out sticky and malleable
this is more likely to be the result of mixing a small quantity of resin and botching the ratio
>>
>>6985263
Its literally just a tiny square piece. Take the label tab from a clear parts runner, clip it off, and trim a non-lettered part of it to size. No need to muck around witb clear resin casting for such a simple part.
>>
File: TOY-RBT-4184_07.jpg (60 KB, 534x800)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
I don't know much about Frame Arms.
Are the legs on the Khanjar from somewhere else? I want to base my Styko on one but keep the original color scheme.
>>
>>6985396
I don't understand your question
yes the legs are unique to the khanjar (and the full interceptor stylet)
>>
>>6985400
fug

I only wanted the legs.
>>
>>6985263
Or just buy a gold foil sheet and cut out a square.
>>
>>6985205
I can just put some holographic foil over it, not a big deal.
>>
If I wanted to panel line something like the arms of the goku figure-rise kit, you know kinda flesh toned, what colour should I use? Any ideas?
>>
>>6985776
blue
>>
Yall know any place to find Kamen rider model kits? Just got into it recently (finished ex-aid, watching build and fourze) and I know from that jobby guy there's an accel one, so I was wondering if there were places to look. I really would like to see if there was a dangerous zombie one out there, it was the best suit on ex aid besides the chronos and para-dx suit
>>
>>6985968
All the same places you get gunpla. HLJ, Amiami, and Mandarake come to mind. Just do a search for "figurerise kamen rider" and some stuff with show up, though a lot will be out of stock since they stopped making them a while ago. If that's not enough ask the Toku general in /toy/, this really isn't the right place for it.
>>
>>6985968
>>6985996
And there's definitely not any from Ex-Aid or Build, I'm pretty sure they stopped making them right after OOO.
>>
>>6985968
Build has a figure rise standard, coming out this July. They also showed an Ex-Aid prototype a while ago.
http://slist.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-038893&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3DKamen+Rider+Build%24pagemax%3D15%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D3
>>
File: 1505520595991.gif (1.57 MB, 542x549)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>6984672
>>6984677
cool
>>
>>6984887
Thanks.
>>
>>6983579
usagundamstore is usually comparative to importing. Their prices are normally a bit higher, but you don't have to pay out the butt for the shipping. So if I'm just getting one kit, I'll normally preorder from there.

The other option is to lurk Mandarake with a dream when it releases.
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51 KB, 685x567)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Is there any youtuber who makes good build videos? I like watching for techniques and other skills to pick up. Something I found interesting about this (and most of his videos) is how fucking close he cuts to the piece and that he almost always uses an x-acto instead of something like a file or sandpaper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2cFTsP2IDM
>>
Do we have a release date on the new Zoids Wild kits or is the line just expected sometime in June?
>>
>>6986635
23rd June
https://twitter.com/zoids_official/status/1003200871059083265?s=21
>>
>>6986730
Thanks!
>>
>>6986730
It seems HLJ actually has a limit on these. Any recs for elsewhere to shop?
>>
So Bandai is going a survey again to understand our buying habits and wants

https://analytics.bnfes.jp/enquete/pc/gunpla_q_2018s/index.php?q=v

Second to last question is a flat what do you want question, this is what I wrote

More Battleships. I want a Mecha Colle style line up of ships from gundam, White base, Argama, Ra Cailum, Musai, Saberfish, tin cod, etc The shuffle Alliance from G Gundam (Master, Rose, Bolt, Dragon) HGAW leopard Gundam HGAW Bertigo Gundam deathsycthe, Gundam heavy arms, Shenlong Gundam, Gundam Sandrock More MSV HGs and MGs MG Gundam Alex 2.0 MG Gp01 2.0 A new mold HG Hi-Zack and HiZack Custom
>>
I plan to go buy the materials to start trying scratchbuilding tomorrow.
What knives do I need? I already have a shitty chink Dafa knife with 6 blades and want to get 1mm and 2mm polystyrene plates.

Also, what's a good tool to cut oyumaru/blue stuff?
>>
>>6983398
Seriously, someone out there just make a Leo dogpile with as many of them as they have, because I wanna be amused build quality be damned.

For now however, just gonna settle with just 1 normal Leo and the Leo NPD, hoping that there are HG kits of Virgo and Serpent releasing in the next few years or so.
>>
>>6986892
I asked for more MGs of Wing stuff (OZ suits and TV version gundams) and 2.0s of the 8th MS MGs.
>>
>>6985776
Maybe something along brown/dark yellow?

>>6985968
>>6985996
>>6986000
Yeah, they didn't so much as stop making them altogether, rather MG FigureRise and FigureRise 6 just didn't do well, 6 less so than MG, so both lines were cancelled but are still reprinted about as often as most Bandai stuff, shouldn't be too hard to find the kits.
I'm okay with Standard having been nothing but Dragon Ball Z this whole time, a much safer franchise to stabilize and establish the product line.
>>
>>6986945
>MG TV Heavyarms

I feel dirty for having such a decadent fantasy
>>
>>6986892
I asked for 00 MGs and said how bad it felt as a 00 fan to see the SEED and Wing Gundams get a ton of MGs while 00 gets nothing but more p-bandai 00V of the Exia/00/QAN[T] and GN-X.
>>
>>6986892

I asked for the same thing i do everytime they have a survey.

HG 1/144 Neue Ziel
HG 1/144 Hecate
PG 1/60 Rick Dom
PG 1/60 Z'Gok
MG 1/100 EX-S 2.0
MG 1/100 Geara Zulu
>>
>>6987008
>1/60 Rick Dom

http://dalong.net/review/etc/hyg1/hyg1_p.htm

It shows up in Mandarake from time to time if you really want one
>>
Any tips on preventing rust on nippers?
>>
>>6986892
I asked for Ver. Kobayashi kits. They can call it Ver.Ko
>>
>>6986985
It's the one that needs a TV version the most (aside from Wing that already got one).
>>
>>6987045
Coat it with a thin layer of clean oil before you store it for extended periods of time. You'd have to wipe it off the next you use it.
>>
>>6987028
>It shows up in Mandarake from time to time if you really want one

I'm well aware of that kit.
the last time one was listed on mandy was 3 years ago, its getting rare as fuck now due to bandai never reissuing the glorious series. That kit also goes for 25k yen or more used. Fuck that.
>>
Oh this is new. Daban is going to stop doing straight bootlegs and instead be like 3rd party Transformer companies for Gundam kits. So they'll probably end up doing modified kits
>>
>>6987112
Thanks, my dude.
>>
Got gifted some modeling supplies from a coworker who moved away. I was familiar with most of them, except one--it kind of looks like an xacto knife made of ceramic, and the "blade" is pretty small and rather thick for a knife. Anyone know?
>>
Do any of you guys glosscoat your kits? And I don't mean paint and then glosscoat, I mean just glosscoat straight on the plastic. I know a lot of folks do just flat topcoat, but I don't see anyone use gloss and I'm kind of curious what it would look like. If anyone has pics of this I'd appreciate it.
>>
File: daban model.webm (1021 KB, 480x854)
1021 KB
1021 KB WEBM
>>6987139
>Daban is going to stop doing straight bootlegs
They will still do straight bootlegs...of bootleg transformers.
>>
>>6987191
Whatever you do, stick with an acrylic gloss coat.
>>
File: 18613d.jpg (133 KB, 734x499)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>6987183

sounds like a cerafinisher. They're great.
>>
>>6987110
>It's the one that needs a TV version the most
>TV Altron and Shenlong get 1/100 HG
>TV Wing and wing zero get 1/100 HG
>All three tallgeeses get 1/100 HG
>Epyon gets 1/100 HG
>TV Heavyarms only model kits are really a shitty 1/144 ng and a sd.
>>
>>6986817
wait until they actually come out, hlj will have extra

otherwise amiami
>>
File: 1416956506921.jpg (25 KB, 260x384)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>6986553
>usagundamstore is usually comparative to importing.
Holy fucking SHIT, no they are not.

I was looking around for different middlemen because there are quite a few upcoming P-Bandai kits I want, so I did a little comparison. At minimum, Gentei charges a total of $32.02 for Woundwort, that includes their fees and SAL shipping. At USAGundam, the cheapest you can possibly get the Woundwort for is $53.90 shipped. Absolutely disgusting, that's almost fucking double. Hell, even if I spring for EMS on Gentei, that's still only $46.47!

Fuck USAGundamstore. Absolutely terrible pricing, and not even CLOSE to "comparative to importing." Gentei GOAT, I will never stray from them again.
>>
>>6987212
So if I'm understanding this right, I can use it to scrape away at raised molding or to smooth out surfaces? Does it have any application to normal everyday snapfitting, or not really?
>>
>>6987284

its an abrasive blade. Its for scraping away seamlines or nubs leaving a smooth finish. Its fantastic for cleaning up seamlines in hard to reach places. Theres a lot of other uses for them, honestly its one of the most useful tools ive ever bought for gunpla.
>>
>>6987284
>Does it have any application to normal everyday snapfitting, or not really?

Not really. Its absolutely amazing if you fully deseam & paint or kitbash but its not going to be much use if you just snapfit.
>>
>>6987282
I just buy from Samuel Decal you have to wait for HK P-bandai but he charges less mark up and most of the time better shipping
>>
>>6986892
I literally just asked for an MG Nobell.
I'm a simple man.
>>
I'm new to gunpla and this thing looks awesome. Is it worth getting? Also I guess it isn't actually gunpla
https://hlj.com/product/TKT61932?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=diaclone%20da-27%20powered%20system%20maneuver%20gamma&utm_content=main%20page
>>
>>6987404
>I guess it isn't actually gunpla
>posts in gunpla thread
baka
>>
>>6987422
I thought it was gunpla /robo models in general
>>
>>6987425
That's a completed action figure and this thread is for self-assembled hand grenades, baka.
>>
>>6987429
Oh dear. Well what's a cool gunpla that's similar to Dougram or Scopedog? I don't like stuff like the RX-78 or the weird shit from Wing and the Zakus are a bit boneless
>>
File: beret.jpg (47 KB, 600x600)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>6987432
HGBD 1/144 Grimoire Red Beret

Check amiami, HLJ, banzaihobby etc to see which one comes out the cheapest after shipping. Also read the guide in OP.
>>
>>6987432
There's at least 70 trillion scopedog models.
>>
>>6987432
and at least 50 million Dougram ones.
>>
>>6987443
>>6987441
Well those are pretty thick numbers
>>
File: DfJQyKHUwAAyYYK.jpg (86 KB, 1200x675)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>
File: DfJQznpV4AAJ2Kr.jpg (67 KB, 675x1200)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>
there was an anon who kindly offered his gundam thunderbolt stickers to me a long while ago. I really appreciate your offer and sorry I lost contact, I actually got very ill and had to take care of a bunch of hospital and doctor things then completely lost track of it. Thanks a lot for offering and even though we never got to finish that out, I appreciate the hell lot out of it.
>>
I want to buy one of those fuckmad thicc V2 1/60's. How bad an idea is this?
>>
>>6987583
If you're ok with ugly proportions and bad articulation go for it
>>
>>6987600
But it's so BIG
>>
>>6987583
I grabbed one for $32 at a recent con, looks like it'll be fun.
I'd want to try my hand at wiring in an LED bulb or three, but the clear parts for the eyes/cameras are green. Bah, Either solidly repaint them or time to learn [clear] resin casting.
>>
>>6987604
1/60 v2 barely larger than a normal 1/100
>>
>>6987604
>1/60
>big
>>
>>6987432
Just get the new Dougram kits?
>>
>>6987241
Okay, thanks.
>>
I'm in Tokyo for a bit, where should I go to buy gunpla and what should I be buying other than normal release kits?
>>
>>6988448
mandarake, there are a handful of locations.

Last time I went to Nakano Broadway (November) a lot of the other stores had closed since the previous year, so i'm not sure if its any good. There used to be a guy who sold pre-built kits (as well as some painted finished builds) for peanuts near the supermarket there, Akiba is quite good for kits too.

Standard release stuff is cheapest at the big places (Yodobashi, Bic Camera, Softmap) although the AmiAmi retail in the Radio Kaikan store is also quite cheap as well. Yamada Denki (you'll see a sign saying LABI) next to Ikebukuro Station is also pretty cheap, level 7 is dedicated to gunpla.

For P-Bandai, which if you are in Japan and you want them you're in the right area, I recommend the AmiAmi second store in Akiba, check their site for the google maps link. They tend to have far better prices than Mandarake in my experience.

A lot of small random stores also carry P-Bandai from trade-ins but I've only found extremely rape prices (excess of 13000 yen for kits that aren't THAT rare and you can find for half that or less at Mandarake).

If you're looking for a specific kit make sure to use Mandarake's online store as they do tell you the location of the kit. In my experience the gunpla/plamo store at Nakano Broadway and the Akiba Mandarakes are good for Gunpla, Shibuya is average and I either haven't been to or can't remember the others.

If you're up Sapporo way the Susukino one isn't bad either.

ZakuAurelius also has some guide on usagundamstore, I haven't read it so I can't attest to if its any good or not. I'd lean on the side of not because his videos seemed to go to touristy/normie places.
>>
>>6987461
Looks much better the super minipla ggg
>>
>>6988448
>what should I be buying other than normal release kits
resin, nigga

buy obscure resin, this may be your only chance
>>
Aries when?
>>
Anyone have those official kitbashing images bandai (?) released around the time of Build Fighters Try?

Best one I can remember is a mix of the petitguy and mega shiki where the mega shiki was turned into an exo suit for the petitguy
>>
>>6988534
For the most part buying gunpla in Japan seems like such a waste to me. It takes up a shitton of space in your luggage, and the majority of standard releases are easy to obtain for very fair prices online. The only thing I would be interested in is hunting for hard-to-find exclusives or obscure old releases.
>>
>>6988929
Toss the boxes; keep only the bagged runners and instructions. That alone will get rid of a lot of the bulk.
>>
File: GroupBuildPoster_Fantasy.jpg (3.18 MB, 3000x4500)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
/m/ groupbuild results
>>
>>6989067
surprisingly good.. or not dog shit

we should do another groupbuild sometime soon, is anyone else keen?
>>
>>6989071
Depends if the group build is an exciting one or not. The last one was pretty bland with rules that seemed to change per person.
>>
>>6989084
start suggesting things i suppose, Gelgoog Guy is only one (guy) so there's only so much he can do. I'd be keen to do another UC one though I know that people are probably sick of UC.
>>
Is there ever gonna be a possibility for an RG on other 00 units?
>>
>>6989090
HEXAGEAR
E
X
A
G
E
A
R
>>
>>6989151
God yes.
>>
Which are considered the best kits for Dom, Gelgoog, and Rick Dias?
>>
File: 20180608_001944.jpg (3.44 MB, 4160x3120)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
Got a bit more cleaning up to do. Got to others. I noticed the plastic is a bit different and its glossy. Is that going to give me any trouble priming the model? I usually use krylon, citadel, or army painter sprays.
>>
File: 1526294266464.png (150 KB, 500x543)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>6984672
>>6984677
Damn anon thats really cool. Good work
>>
>>6984677
TIR is fucking insane, bending light in a tube fuck yea physics
>>
>>6989151
>>6989203
I'm totally down, but I'm not even completely sure how to approach it. The Hexa gear vehicles have all been so different (and ideally should still be disassemblable for the transforming/combining gimmicks). It's gonna take some thought.

Also, the pilots are gonna be tough, since they use that soft rubbery PVC for certain parts.
>>
File: 1526776011065.png (805 KB, 650x1000)
805 KB
805 KB PNG
My dudes, it's not gunpla but does anyone own, have feedback and/or know the size of this?
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10059983
>>
>>6989803
On the side of the box there's a picture of it on an action base - it's slightly taller than an standard MG.
>>
>>6989828
Shit, I missed that. Thanks anon! It could be nice to have some Eva's to work on before my next project. Bloody tempting.
>>
Anyone has that jap tutorial on making runner putty that told you to avoid Tamiya cement to melt the plastic?
I don't remember how to look for it.
>>
File: 1467305508955.jpg (561 KB, 1666x1104)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
>>6989836
>>
anyone want to do a transformable ms G R O U P B U I L D
>>
File: IMG_20180609_170314.jpg (285 KB, 1768x1326)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
Bitches don't know about my Lolilaev.
>>
>>6989836
>>6989956
it says to avoid the Tamiya one that's formulated to ABS, not to avoid Tamiya
>>
>>6990079
Do they want to?
>>
>>6990009
No thanks, those are a bitch to paint.
>>
File: plastic solution.jpg (391 KB, 1600x1111)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>6990081
No, it tells you to avoid the cement that has 25% of resin in it and use the one with 100% solvent.
>>
>>6989956
Wait.
Couldn't you just use normal putty since you're likely going to be painting over it anyways?
>>
>>6990237
For those that don't want to paint, this is a nice way to repair with the proper plastic color

It also guarantees color matching, sometimes you just can't achieve the right color with paint.
>>
File: 15.jpg (57 KB, 470x400)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>6988853
found 'em
http://bandai-hobby.net/site/gunpla_buildfighters_customize.html
>>
G R O U P B U I L D when, we already had a FA build and hexagears look wack
>>
>>6990323
>hexagears look wack
get out
>>
>>6990257
Cute
>>
>>6990233
To be clear the resin here refers to raw plastic or virgin plastic, whatever you want to call it. It's a filler to help fill the gaps when you're applying the cement
>>
>>6990257
It's fun for the first fourteen customizations because the text is text and is separated from the images, once you reach the 15th one almost all the text is integrated into the images themselves and Google Translate Is Your Friend stops being able to actually do anything.
>>
>>6990450
>>6990452
And seems to have maybe been a one-off on the Beargguy F monstrosity, the next few I've read through have regular text alongside integrated text, so it's semi-informative again.
>>
>>6990323
>we already had a FA build

No. We had a FAG build with a single FA entry.
>>
>>6990436
Doesn't really matter what it is.

The point is not to have impurities in the solution.
>>
>>6990257
This is great! Thanks.
>>
>>6990468
Did you enter that FA?
>>
>>6990323
How much Hexagear stuff is out now?
>>
>>6990508
Quite a lot.
>>
>>6990508
Copunting stuff out this month like 8 or so vehicles and 6 or so humans.
>>
File: TOY-RBT-4438_10.jpg (47 KB, 800x534)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>6990508
https://hlj.com/search/go?lbc=hobbylink&method=and&p=Q&ts=custom&uid=41936357&w=hexa%20gear&af=selectstockstatus%3abackordered%20selectstockstatus%3ainstock

https://hlj.com/search/go?lbc=hobbylink&method=and&p=Q&ts=custom&uid=41936357&w=hexa%20gear&af=selectstockstatus%3ajulyrelease%20selectstockstatus%3ajunerelease
>>
>>6990509
>>6990510
>>6990514
Dang, hadn't noticed that much came out. Yeah a Hexagear build might work out. I don't think I could offer up a prize this time unfortunately though.
>>
>>6990529
Any idea what the rules might be? Allowing the governor kits by themselves seems a little too easy, so I'd recommend that participants at least be required to build one of the mecha, with the governors being optional.
>>
>>6990538
Hmm, that is a good point. Maybe have two of the figures equal one robot?
>>
File: 02c6389b.jpg (269 KB, 961x1280)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>6990556
>build a squad
I could go for that
>>
>>6990556
>>6990566
I will give out a warning though for the governor kits: Having built the Para-Pawn Ignite there are several pieces which are made of rubber, including the hands and a large portion of the torso beneath the chest. I don't know how well paint will adhere to the rubber, but the fact that the advertisement pictures are of a model with painted rubber parts it should be okay.
>>
File: DdqPk3NXkAIAKwR.jpg (54 KB, 720x540)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Anyone else seen these Snapships things? Basically modular miniature spaceship kits. Still just 3d prototypes at this stage. they actually look like they have a lot of potential, especially if they move in to modular mecha.

https://www.snapships.com/
>>
>>6990574
Paint adheres to them, the problem is that it will scratch off very easily. If you handle it carefully and it can survive until you take a photo for the Groupbuild, it should be fine. Just don't expect the paintjob to survive in the long term.
>>
>>6990574
So far I've tried mr.primer, tamiya fine, krylon fusion (reccomended by guys who build those pvc/rubber monster statues), and vallejo primers on the pvc parts. Only the vallejo worked, the others just half dried into a tacky state and refused to fully dry even after two weeks.
>>
>>6990604
I didn't even prime it. I just slapped on some old acrylic paint I found in my garage and it seemed to dry ok.
>>
How do you prime/paint HG hands? The two halves assembled minus back of hand? Each separately?
>>
>>6990576
saw their interview in tested , looks nice , but seems like it will cost a fucking lung to have a diverse enough set to build something cool
>>
>>6990468
talk about total bullshit
>>
File: 1495704027182.jpg (220 KB, 1696x960)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>6991235
shoganai (TL note: "shoganai" means can't be helped)
>>
>>6991243
it's "shouganai" you uncultured swine
>>
Got the red done today and about finished up the legs. It’s coming along quite nicely. Can’t wait for the water slides to come in.
>>
>>6987139
Is Daban kits good? Wanna buy Zeta Gray from them
>>
Is the sharpening block you get from the Asian supermarket good enough to sharpen, polish and re-align the blades of a pair of nippers?
>>
>>6991584
>Is Daban kits good?

No.
>>
>>6991673
Maybe if it's those special 1-sided nippers. Hobby nippers are precision ground such that both cutting edges align closely with each other. You can sharpen them by hand but you can't do the alignment.
>>
>>6984183
HiQ Parts does exactly what you're looking for, albeit in colour. Used one of their pink stickers on a sweet Zaku monoeye.
>>
>>6991049
>but seems like it will cost a fucking lung to have a diverse enough set to build something cool

really? i havent seen any info on the price of those at all. AFAIK they were going to crowdfund next to pay for tooling & injection moulding. Where are you getting info on what these are going to cost?
>>
>>6991508
go back to /r/gunpla inkedfatboy
>>
File: 34567800.png (673 KB, 420x711)
673 KB
673 KB PNG
Hello, I heard there was a graze craze going on here
>>
>>6991807
what. I'm not him, but, what?
>>
>>6991816
Did you just timewarp in from a year ago?
>>
>>6991816
We're all about the Leo trio now.
>>
File: anryu backpack.jpg (229 KB, 966x1288)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
Got the backpack done but man is it heavy.
>>
File: anryu back backpack.jpg (221 KB, 966x1288)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
Also gonna have to repaint the tips of her feet and tighten the ankles. Feet fell off earlier and the tips chipped on impact.
>>
File: 1527612488358.jpg (262 KB, 1200x900)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>6991816
That was last year. We Leo army now.
>>
>>6991906
fucking beautiful. is that all for your personal enjoyment or are you a store owner?
>>
>>6991827
>>6991906
I actually wanted to buy a 1/144 graze to be be buddies with my leos but they're also out of stock. If only they'd made the leos 1/100 so I could put them with all my 1/100 grazes.
>>
>>6991906
Bruh what the fuck?
>>
>>6991906
9800 yen of Leo. Goddamn.
>>
File: 5yAUsKA.jpg (101 KB, 1025x683)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>6991584
absolutely
you can see pic here of virgin bandai vs CHADBAN zeta
>>
>>6991906
Can't believe I'm posting this again, but could I see a Leo dogpile just for shits and giggles?
Like to have a photo for my computer wallpaper, as I'm not exactly rich enough to do so myself.
>>
>>6990233
Yeah that's what I said, avoid the one that's been formulated for ABS plastic cement
>>
>>6991988
>wanting someone's GBWC customized nonsense

eh, for the actual Zeta the Daban one is unnecessary. I think their Gray Zeta interpretation is ok though.
>>
>>6991996
They did improve some of the problems with the proportions. The 2.0 is rail thin while the actual show Zeta is more macho. The thighs, waist, and lower legs were particularly bad on the 2.0 and sure enough, those were the most improved areas
>>
>>6991584
Prime got a review up on her(?) channel.
Seems it's not a straight copy, more like >>6991988 with added surface details and aesthetic changes.
Kinda dig it more than Bandai's cause the gatling shield on the original is rounded and kinda clashes with the Zeta's look.
>>
File: dsc_00341.jpg (238 KB, 2304x1536)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>6991994
Uh, no?

Tamiya regular cement which is not formulated specifically for ABS still contains 12% of resin and it is not suitable for melting runners into putty either.
Tamiya Extra Thin Quick Setting has 0% resin and is suitable.

ABS is not relevant, resin content is.
>>
File: IMG_9630.jpg (187 KB, 840x560)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>6991989
>>6991938
>>6991921
>>6991914
>>6991910
Not my Leos, saved it from the thread on /m/ a couple weeks ago.
>>
>>6992034
>https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-Extra-Thin-Cement-40ml-Quick-Setting/dp/B017R6V4UE
So just to make absolutely sure, this one will work, right?
>>
File: Ifreet-exoskeleton.jpg (109 KB, 800x600)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Hey, I'm actually looking pretty hard for help. I've had an LBX Hyper Function Ifreet for quite a while, and I've wanted to build it for quite a while, but there's a big problem- It's missing the most important skeletal sprue, XC, which is responsible for the shoulders and spacing- the figure literally cannot be build without it. I don't suppose anyone would know where to find another one without having to rebuy the whole kit?
>>
>>6992080
You could probably find a cheaper Hyper Function, but they're all pretty pricey. The Hyper Function kits in particular were never as popular or widespread as the normal LBX kits, so I think you'd have a hard time finding a replacement sprue.
>>
>>6992094
The issue is that it appears XC is exclusive to the Ifreet, because its frame is SO much larger than the normal one. Mine came with 2 XAs- I tried to contact HLJ about it, but they didn't respond properly back then, and now it's been too long. I just want to build my big fire robot.
>>
>>6992073
>https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-Extra-Thin-Cement-40ml-Quick-Setting/dp/B017R6V4UE
Yes, as well as
https://www.amazon.com/Creos-Gunze-MC129-Cement-Non-Corrosive/dp/B002DTDLUC
>>
File: MC129_1.jpg (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>6992073
>>6992109
You might want to consider Gunze over Tamiya in this case.

"Quick Setting" = "almost instantly evaporating" which is not a good thing when you are trying to dissolve something.
>>
>>6991988
Not gonna lie, I absolutely hate that unnecessarily greebly version of Zeta Daban made. Utterly tasteless design for shitters who think more arbitrary surface detail = better.
>>
>>6992138
I could not give less of a shit about added surface detail, but I do need to say, Daban's proportions sure do look better. They beefed it up just right.
>>
File: IMG_7669.jpg (526 KB, 1400x740)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>6992140
Posted these on /m/ earlier.

Tried to be too clever for my own good with enamel washes on the core fighter, almost ended up destroying the plastic. Fixed the damage and it still works, but up close you can still see some hairline cracks in parts sadly.
>>
File: IMG_3112.jpg (542 KB, 1400x758)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>6992146
Remembered the verniers on the GP-01 are meant to be red.
>>
File: IMG_6579.jpg (677 KB, 1400x1157)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
>>6992148
Grimed up the leg I had finished. being extremely sparing in applying wash and using lighter fluid instead of white spirits stopped anything bad from happening.
>>
File: IMG_2108.jpg (548 KB, 1400x1097)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
>>6992151
>>
File: IMG_7617.jpg (497 KB, 1335x1400)
497 KB
497 KB JPG
>>6992152
>>
Question for people with more experience: is there any way to avoid the topcoat darkening the panel lining? The majority of it was grey beforehand.
>>
>>6992154
>>6992152
>>6992151
>>6992148
>>6992146
Looks really good! I like that you kept the grime subtle.

>>6992156
What are you using to line, and what topcoat? My panel lines don't seem to change at all after topcoating (Micron and TS-80).
>>
>>6992167
Gundam markers, Tamiya flat clear rattlecans.

And thanks, I didn't want to go overboard given that the finished model will be ~6 inches tall. I'd considered doing some sponge weathering but it'd just look grotesquely out of scale.
>>
>>6991807
? Think you got me mistaken for someone else as every single one of those discriptors is wrong
>>
>>6991816
>Graze

Good lad.
>>
Do Gunpla get definitive release dates down to the day, or is it just generalized by month? Or are there typical days of the month when kits usually come out?

I'm waiting on shipping my Private Warehouse order cause I really want to sneak the Galbady B and Cross Silhouette kits in, but I'm also quickly approaching some vacation time and think it would be nice if my order shipped in time for that so I could build some stuff.
>>
So....I've gotten fairly far into a large kit and just discovered that one of the polycaps is missing. It's a pretty essential one, too. Anyone have any tips for a fix? Due to the large size of the kit, none of my leftover polycaps from old kits will work.
>>
File: LG50-Sixshot-1.jpg (156 KB, 600x600)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
What would be a good kit of articulated hands for a leader size transformer?
I need some jutsu hands for this guy; I've seen the Dream Wave ones but the wrists look frighteningly thin.
>>
>>6992860
Usually on Thursdays
>>
>>6986892
I asked for a bunch of Frozen Teardrop stuff. It'll never happen but at least they know somebody is interested.
>>
>>6993166

The closest size to match a leader class TF in gundam is 1/60th. Unfortunately theres a gap in the market for third party hands in this scale, 1/100 & 1/144th have a lot of options but anything bigger is really hard to find. I'm looking for some in 1/60th scale for a large kit i'm building atm too & havent had any luck finding anything suitable.

My normal go-to solution for extra hands are the hobby base mechanical hands but they dont make any bigger than 1/100th.

If anyone knows of any larger articulated hands i'd love to know.
>>
What gundam would you guys say has the most dog / wolf like head?
>>
File: hunter.jpg (38 KB, 567x448)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>6993629
LBX Wold was my first thought altho I don't know if it will fit with gundam HG torsos.
>>
>>6993629
Bucue or whatever that doggo with the missle launcher on the back is
>>
>>6993629
G-exes.
>>
>>6993650
this, and it should still be pretty easy to find since it was also available in the US. Bandai rally needs to reprint LBXs
>>
Dang never expected to be the OP photo for the next thread. Thanks. Got another leo and Tallgeese in the mail yesterday, so itt looks like I'll be busy the next couple days.
>>
Did anyone here get the new Bandai Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory kits? How are the M9's and the Arbalest articulation-wise, and how much paint do they need?
>>
>>6991906
do a live stream of you just making all of the leo's
>>
New to this kind of thing and was wondering what kits there were for Mercurius and Vayeate. I've found a few that looks fairly cheap and low quality on the design department.
>>
>>6994466
There are old 1/144s of both made by Bandai that were just restocked not too long ago but is now out of stock. There are also 1/100 full resin kits of both.
>>
>>6994466
Yeah those ancient kits are it. Just pray that Bandai gives us something in the near future since the Leo made mad money.
>>
File: fmp01_21.jpg (41 KB, 617x500)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>6994045
Just finished the standard M9. The overall articulation is great but the ankles are pretty weird. It has the standard side to side motion but to point the toe downwards, you'll have to bend it at a joint located in the middle of the leg. It also has no joint for ankle rotation.

The stickers pretty much represent the parts that need painting.
The vulcans on the Arbalest, however needs some painting to look accurate.
>>
File: FIGURE-034167_14.jpg (72 KB, 800x715)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>6994608
>The vulcans on the Arbalest, however needs some painting to look accurate.
>>
Been working on something new for GBWC.
>>
>>6994611
And his weapon.
>>
>>6994611
Interesting, but if I'm being honest, his head and thighs look comedically shrimpy compared to the relatively beefy proportions of the rest of him.
>>
>>6994477
I just hope they make those weapon packs for the Leo soon. God help them if they're P Bandai.

Oh, for them to cover all the stuff Tamashii didn't cover in their RS line, like Taurus, and Serpent.

>>6994608
>>6994609
Thanks, I'd really wish Dalong posted sticker sheets all the time so I wouldn't have to ask this question.
>>
How fiddly is gunpla? I'm not exactly lazy but I don't want to feel like my toys are work
>>
>>6994777
They won't survive a trip up your anus if that's what you're wondering
>>
>>6994780
Ah the intelligence of /v/ cross boarders
>>
>>6994782
Ah, the shitposting of the same faggot again.
>>
Anyone has a scan of the Panel Line Technic Book ? It seems quite useful
>>
>>6994611
Are you entering gbwc canada east/west?
>>
>>6995132
No.
>>
>>6994764
>I'd really wish Dalong posted sticker sheets all the time
He almost always does in the information section, usually the image with full runner spread.
http://dalong.net/review/etc/fmp01/p/fmp01_r04.jpg
>>
>>6994612
Supposed to be leopard destroy with the arm gatling gun or some crazy gatling sledge hammer? I'm good either way. It looks great. Where is the crotch with the crest from?
>>
What's the better R-1, the 1/144 or 1/100? Lack of proper color apps doesn't matter to me, just articulation and poseability.
>>
File: 20180609_010653.jpg (2.84 MB, 4032x3024)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
How do I get this weird residue out of my jar? I put some metallic paint in there and it left a bunch of shit. I put it in my airbrush too and that was a pain in the ass to clean, I had to scratch it all off with some tweezers
>>
>>6995481
Can I assume you tried thinner appropriate for the medium you were using? Windex, alcohol or paint thinner normally do it for me.
>>
>>6995488
Yeah I tried acryllic paint thinner and enamel thinner, neither really worked at all. I'll let some windex sit in there and see how that works, thanks
>>
>>6993477
I found this G-System page that is selling 1/60 articulated hands.
Anyone ordered from them before?
>>
>>6995492
Lacquer thinner does work well for that kind of thing. If all else fails, sonic cleaner and Simple Green.
>>
>>6995287
How did I not see this? I really need to pay more attention.
>>
File: 44958-1007-3ww-l.jpg (61 KB, 378x600)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>6995481
>scratch it all off with some tweezers
no, just no
>>
Anyone know the base for this custom? all I can tell is it's an IBO kit.
>>
>>6995791
Graze Ritter
>>
File: cry.jpg (111 KB, 1049x550)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>Armored Core kits cost an arm and a leg
>The ones that don't looks like shit
>New, reasonably priced kits don't get released until October
I just want Hanged Man god damn it
>>
>>6995795
Thank ye kindly!
>>
>>6995791
Head is Graze Ritter
Shoulders are Graze Kai 2
Legs are Grimgerde
>>
>>6995791
3 kits. Graze ritter, graze kai II, and Grimgerde.

All their parts are preety straight compatable with each other out of the box.
>>
File: 1526846191308.jpg (473 KB, 1400x886)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>6995394
1/100 leopard destroy kitbashed with mg gm type c parts. Started thinking it was looking Brave robotish and that the folded up gattling looked like a hammer head and that's how Leopard striker was born. Gonna scratchbuild some reactive armor plates for it like on the gm striker as well and have some higher detail builders parts hands in the mail.
>>
File: 0613182145a-1.jpg (144 KB, 637x710)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Leos are fucking epic bros
>>
>>6989067
I think this is the first time I couldnt choose a favourite, awesome work
>>
>>6995931
They're no Graze for sure.
>>
>>6995807
whats wrong with stasis
>>
Do you have to paint the mermaid on the Neptune's shoulder or is there a waterslide that comes with it?
>>
If I'm using strictly Mr Color, primer and paint, how quickly can I go from priming to painting to handling? Like could I prime and paint same day?
>>
File: 21kTq.jpg (80 KB, 573x382)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>6996197
>Neptune's shoulder
>waterslide
You know not what you ask for.

>>6996206
Technically yes, but it's always better to let the primer sit for 24hr before coating it.
>>
So there's no where to get particular parts from a kit if one was looking to do a kit bash without buying the entire kit that they only need one portion of it, right?
>>
>>6996233
Yellow submarine has a rack of secondhand parts people put up for sale, but you might be hard pressed to find the exact parts you're looking for.
Its also in japon :^)
>>
>>6996233
Maybe try splitting it with another anon--maybe there's someone who could use the parts you don't need? If not, just add them to your own parts bin, there's no telling when that stuff will come in handy. Just this week I used my parts bin to resurrect two kits I fucked up.
>>
>>6995807

the older AC kits are much better (and a lot larger) than the new ones, unfortunately they dont reissue them much (if at all). The armored core V & verdict day kits are tiny & not worth the price.
>>
>>6993876
>it should still be pretty easy to find since it was also available in the US

That kit goes for $45-$50 on average now that its discontinued.

>Bandai rally needs to reprint LBXs

Yes they do. The prices on some of the kits are reaching absolutely ridiculous levels now. The D-Legivdia for example:

https://plamoya.com/en/lbx-retsuden-history-of-justice-lbx-dlegivdia-plastic-model-p-103352.html
>>
>>6994466
>New to this kind of thing and was wondering what kits there were for Mercurius and Vayeate

The resin kits available from E2406 are probably the best option currently. The recasts are actually pretty good quality unlike most E2406 stuff.

Vegeta8259 just started building them on youtube, his new video gives a pretty good rundown on what they're like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lz3cZSFZ6E
>>
File: 1377561042024.jpg (85 KB, 960x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>broke command antenna

every single fucking time
>>
for anyone who tried gentei kits before, how do you guy know when will the product ships? and when does it usually ships?
I have ordered 2 gunpla from it's for the first time a few months ago, however, the gunpla have multiple lots, thus multiples release dates. I have no idea whichs release did I order due to the facts that the release slots changes within a couple of day after I order from the sites.
I can only hope for this months slots.
>>
File: 1528597250219.jpg (69 KB, 798x1000)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>
I want to make a blue kit into a police one. I have no desire to paint but I figured blue/yellow lines and designs would work. Question is how do I achieve that without paint? Is there a way I can buy a giant white/yellow sticker sheet and cut from it?
>>
>>6996482
>frog chest
>>
>>6996482
What's that rocket from?
>>
>>6996267
Thanks
>>6996276
That's true thanks
>>
>>6996469
Plain decal paper for printers?
>>
>>6996489
That's the Plamax Soyuz, right?
Man that thing's big.
>>
File: 1528300237364.jpg (164 KB, 1650x1200)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>6996570
>Plamax Soyuz
yup
>>
>>6996568
are you sure you got the right guy, anon?
>>
So, I just finished snapping together MG Providence, and this is the first one I've built that had so many extra parts left on the runners. Is this normal?
>>
So the gound type gundam comes with decals for numbers on the sholder but what's the numbering convention? the example 08 unit has 081 on the shoulder.
>>
>>6996842
Don't quote me on this but I think 08 is the unit and 1 is the gundam in squad. So since the kits are based on the MC gundam, who is a commander that would be 1. But I don't think there are any differences visually so you can slap any number.
>>
File: m196_m0005.jpg (369 KB, 1050x1505)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>6996729
Check the manual, it should show the runners with parts crossed out. Worth checking they all match up with what you have left over.
>>
>>6996310
Look for the sprukits version of hunter.
And yeah I've spent more on LBXs than I'd like to admit.
>>
>>6986892
RG Rick Dias, fuck everyone
>>
>>6996729
It reuses Freedom 2.0's inner frame. They can design runners to block off unused parts, but only if the parts-reuse is planned early. If the reused is unplanned, they'd just use the whole runner without modifications, you waste plastic but it's still cheaper than retooling the mold.
>>
>>6991938
dont you mean 98,000?
>>
File: angled recesses.jpg (86 KB, 454x438)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
How do people chisel out... scribe these recesses/panel lines that end at an angle? Pic related.

How do you do it, or which chisels ought to be used?
>>
>>6997180
Probably easier to add plamo layers. Also if that's the G-Self I'm thinking of that guy used a vacuum forming machine to create entire layers over the existing kit and simply cut parts out of the vacuum formed plastic instead of chiseling the kit.
>>
>>6997184
I've seen WIPs on twitter where they manage to carve it on the original plastic, what now?

I've managed to dig up a set of old precision screwdrivers that I can grind to an angle, but I have no idea how to approach grinding the four sides of a philips head to give me those angled ends.
>>
>>6997184
Sorry I meant plasticard aka polystyrene sheets, not plamo layers.
>>
>>6997187
>what now
Practice
>>
>>6997187
Scribe all the lines in first. Use a chisel/carving like tool to remove that area.
>>
>>6997184
thats fucking retarded
>>6997180
carve the outlines, then remove the centre portion with the correct thickness chisel
>>
>>6996848
>Don't quote me on this but I think 08 is the unit and 1 is the gundam in squad. So since the kits are based on the MC gundam, who is a commander that would be 1. But I don't think there are any differences visually so you can slap any number.
>>
>>6995918
Gundams with lips look weird.
>>
Will topcoat protect from sun damage? I've had an SD RX-78 on the dash of my car for the last 2 years, but I didnt topcoat it and now its yellowed and brittle. Bought a new one to replace it today, and I'm wondering if I should topcoat it or not?
>>
>>6997494
>yellowed and brittle
sun does this to plastic

if you insist having a weeb toy in your vehicle, have it recast in some stable material like resin or metal
>>
>>6997494
You can get topcoat made specifically to protect against UV light but if it's on the dash of your car nothing will save it
>>
>>6997494
UV-resistant topcoats may protect it from embrittlement, but they're going to yellow much faster.
>>
New thread: >>6997742
>>
>>6997442
Save it for reddit.
>>
>>6993108
Maybe you could make a new joint with a metal ball and magnets?
>>
>>6999212
Nobody answered in time, but I eventually solved my problem by finding a large enough polycap that I then carved a bigger hole into to fit. By sheer luck, the polycap also fit within the limb.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.