[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 35 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Thoughts on this series?
>>
I saw Star Trek, Transformers and Lego.
It's an interesting series.
>>
>>6992334
I like it.
I know some people here don’t because of the humor. I don’t care.

It glossed over too much in the TF episode though.
>>
>>6992334
im not a burger so only lego, sanrio are the only ones that reminded me of my childhood
>>
I just finished watching today. I quite liked it, but I think I was the exact market for it. Enough interest in the subject, but normie enough to not know most of it going in.
>>
>>6992394
Not a burger either, but masters of the universe and star wars were both massive in my childhood, and Barbie was massive to my sister. Are you sure the problem isn't that you are twelve?
>>
disappointed they didn't mention how disney SW toys shelfwarmed
the story of every episode is basically: companies are run by massive retards, who over saturate market with garbage and cause nearly bankruptcy because retards can't work with money
can't understand what retards were running lego that it went nearly bankrupt, you have to be a special kind of retard to make a successful company that just makes plastic bricks go bankrupt
also how retarded was Lucas, why would they make such shit deal instead of waiting after the movie comes out, they gave the license for nearly free, might as well wait after the movie
>>
File: 1527446801008.gif (51 KB, 254x419)
51 KB
51 KB GIF
>>6992408
nah, cheap aoshima, bandai, fujimi and eidai car model kits, cheap zoids (the ones that were still hardcore soldiers), sentai toys, saint seiya, gundam and various mecha plamo were my childhood.
>>
>>6992431
well i think the documentary was done way before TFA was released.
>>
>>6992353
I agree. The Transformers episode was the only real disappointment, because they glossed over pretty much the entire history of the toys that WEREN'T G1 toys.

>Beast Wars barely gets a mention
>Movies get a mention
> No Mention of Unicron Trilogy
>No Mention of "Classics"
>No Mention of Masterpiece

It was pretty disappointing
>>
>>6992439
Makes sense then. There is rumoured sentai and gundam episodes for season 3
>>
>>6992475
No one said "trukk not munkey"

i was disappointed
>>
It's great, I'm still waiting on tmnt and thundercats.
>>
>>6992334
I feel like the star trek one didn't need to be an episode and their wasn't much to say.
>>
>>6992506
season 3 will have tmnt apparently. List I have seen is

TMNT
Sentai
Gundam
Pokemon
>>
>>6992792
Star Trek was the biggest surprise for me. I did not realize how big the toys were, especially the Enterprise model kit
>>
>all that shitting on Jar Jar
nice
>it's Star Wars, better flood the market with toys, we won't make the same mistake again
what a bunch of idiot
>>
>>6992334
It's alright.

Can't get "the system" out of my head every time I'm building Lego now.
>>
>>6993709
They weren't wrong.

The Last Jedi and Solo are toy failures. I'm saying that as someone who enjoyed both and am using their shelf-warming status to get cheap toys.

Seriously, Solo toys are already dirt cheap cause nobody saw it. It's awesome.
>>
>>6992444
They mentioned the then upcoming TFA as another opportunity for sales, so yeah.

The only NuStar Wars toys that sell are Lego sets.
>>
>>6992334

I was hoping for a really good documentary on toys like the 'Abstract' series they did, it turned out to be okay. Never been a fan of getting celebs opinions on stuff in documentaries, I don't really give a shit if someone from a band used to play with Transformers.
>>
>>6994875
>>6994880
I lovehow everyone blames Disney & women only for the toys being crap, yet SJW-friendly Hasbro gets a fucking pass, a company that has been glad to pump out static-posed 5 POA garbage for years, because even if the toys don't sell well they probably spent 9 cents per copy to make them so they still end up ahead.
>>
>>6992334
The editing and narrator is annoying as fuck but it's a good show.
>>
File: Bruticus.png (467 KB, 500x556)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>6995037
Hasbro will one day be punished for their crimes. Though how much of it was them and how much was IDW remains to be seen as Hasbro tends to mingle with SJW's on a regular basis.
>>
File: arcee.png (285 KB, 620x672)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>6995358
Hasbro after all allowed things like this to take place
>>
File: Jem.jpg (65 KB, 500x272)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>6995366
>>
File: Matt Trakker.png (313 KB, 600x504)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>6995368
>>
>>6995358
>punished

They've blatantly stolen IPs for decades and no one is allowed to sue them because they either "alter it just enough" or rip off small timers who can't afford to take them on. I bet they are content to let IDW run wild and have zero problem with what they do, since they probably get fuck-all in royalties from the books anyway(may as well, their movie deals are shit that give them nothing). Jin will be eternally their bitch no matter how hard he pretends he's /pol/ because he's secretly a liberal shill that loves SJW garbage.

However the entire 3rd party market is karma biting them in the ass and I bet Jerry Only buys 3P toys just to give Hasbro the finger. They earned 3P.
>>
>>6995369
>>
File: Visionaries.jpg (142 KB, 800x618)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>6995374
>>
File: salvo.jpg (220 KB, 791x1200)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>6995378
>>
File: black matt tracker.jpg (285 KB, 1000x961)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>6995369
For reference, in the recent comic Matt Tracker was race swapped and Hasbro came out and said that it was ok, because blond hair and blue eyed white guys were offensive and there was already one leading the Joes(Duke). It was their intention to race swap him for the movie they were trying to make as part of their shared universe, and they even made a figure of black Matt Tracker for SDCC last year.
>>
>>6992475
Because it focuses primarily upon 70's and 80's. That said, I wish they did some stuff on Japanese G1.
>>
>>6995382
Wtf man, I don't mind that its a black character or anything but couldn't they have given her a ripped amazonian physique to make her badass at least?
>>
>>6995668
I hate the implication that killing off Optimus meant anything in Japan when they killed him off again and let new leaders take over. They made it seem like popularity waned in Japan right after season 2, when it spawned a bunch of new series while America had nothing until Beast Wars
>>
>>6992475
>>6992353
Yeah but they could seriously do an entire series just on the transformers, but TTTMU is more so about how and when the toys we grew up with/know about came to be in the first place.
>>
File: 1519129979863.jpg (75 KB, 500x440)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>6995366
>>
>>6995393
>white people are offensive

Literally no one is offended that there are white male characters, the argument is that there are already just millions of them and it would be nice to have more that aren’t.

If anything companies pick higher profile characters to ‘convert’ because neckbeard rage is free publicity and advertising.
>>
>>6996488
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg0D1PpgCXs
>>
>>6997101
Hasbro literally had a representative state during an interview in regards to the SDCC figure that Tracker was black now, because specifically blond hair and blue eyed white people were offensive. That there was already one blond haired and blue eyed white guy leading the Joes and so having one leading Mask was racist. They made it out that Tracker wasn't just white, but aggressively white, that being blond was too white. During the same period Duke, the white boi that was also too white was removed as leader from GI Joe and replaced by Scarlett in the comic.

They did a similar thing when it came to Salvo, with the writer on the Joe comic, Aubrey Sitterson stating that Salvo, being a huge muscular white guy with a shaved head, wearing a shirt that says "The Right of Might" was too Alt-Right, so he decided to change him into a fat woman of color, stating that Joe needed a fat woman on the team for representation. >>6995382
>>
>>6994917
>>6994917
Abstract is my favorite documentary serious ever. I was a little gobsmacked at how much I enjoyed it. Going to watch it a second time soon.
>>
>>6997477
>blond hair and blue eyed white people were offensive

Life must be suffering for those people then. Wtf.
>>
>>6997477
>Hasbro literally had a representative state during an interview in regards to the SDCC figure that Tracker was black now, because specifically blond hair and blue eyed white people were offensive.
Please provide a link to the interview with this quote. Thank you.
>>
>>6992334
Would be perfect if the voice over was depitched about 15%
>>
>>6997804
It's a video and it's not transcribed. You have to look through all the video interviews with Hasbro from around 2017 to find it.
>>
File: pHzjPim.gif (405 KB, 245x142)
405 KB
405 KB GIF
>>6995369
>>6995393
>one less white guy?!?!?!?!?! they must think white people are offensive!
can you not see that it's a number issue, not a 'faithfulness to character' issue, there are literally thousands of toyline characters that are generic white guys
>>
>>6995358
>>6995366
>>6995368
>>6995369
>>6995374
>>6995378
>>6995382
>>6995393
>>6997477
Cry harder faggot.
If seeing lesbians and a black dude in your precious comic/cartoon show make you squeal "MUH SJWS!!!!!!!!!" then I suggest you take a step outside. It really ain't that serious.
>>
They fucked up the Bionicle segment so much, showing all that G2 shit while talking about how Bionicle saved the company. After that it became pretty clear that the people actually making the documentary have no idea what they're talking about, and one has to wonder how much they fucked up in the episodes about lines I don't know as much about. It's like they couldn't even be bothered to check the upload date on the videos they were ripping from YouTube to see if they marched the timeline. It was absolutely fucking disgraceful.
At least they talked about Chris Faber I guess.

Also the "humour" is so desperate and annoying, it would be much improved if they did away with the incessant cutaways to interviewees taken out of context (The "the system" joke was utterly embarrassing) and the irritating narrator and just focused on the actual stories. I guess it's a byproduct of aiming at the normalfag audience.
>>
>>6997991
No, you do. Otherwise we will continue assuming you are making shit up and no one will listen to you.
>>
>>6992334
okay/10

>>6998462
The bionicle segment showed somebody's MOC instead of the prototype Bionicle sets. If you try to look up the Boneheads protypes it's one of the first GIS results
>>
>>6998462
>>6999130

Also when they talked about Lego having no product on the shelves for Star Wars they showed clips of current stores. You can see Lego Dimensions toys on the shelves.
>>
>>6995358
>goes in for a kiss
>doesn't have a mouth
>>
>>6995366
>transfags are literally transfags
>>
File: sweetboy.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Sweet boy
>>
The Transformers episode seemed decent to me but it seems like they had both Takara and Hasbro guiding them quite a lot through that content.
>>
>>6995382
This is just a fat woman. She has a noticeably round gut hanging over her belt.
Even an athletic woman, hell even a woman who was taking steroids wouldn't have this body type.
>>
>>6997101
>Literally no one is offended that there are white male characters

This is the biggest SJW lie ever...
>>
>>6992816
gonna need sause for a season 3 happening
>>
File: IMG_1887.jpg (417 KB, 2048x1614)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
What was his fucking problem?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.