[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 62 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe (link is dead, /toy has currently no FAQ)
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to Ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
last thread:

>community mostly on instagram and tumblr now, sun is setting on forums

>3d printing headphones and other accesories?

>don't buy from mostlymedolls, who shipped a resin part in a fucking envelope and then gave the buyer a hard time about refunding

>mini dolls with a more childlike figure to be kids for your 1/3s

>mirrorada sculped a goofy head with American Girl-tier cheeks and is going to replace her sexy tiddy demon doll's head with it

And my personal fave:
>site runner of Tenshi no Mon looses their ABSOLUTE SHIT because someone was slightly rude and called the site clickbait, writes a longass creepyass post about 'bullying' and lists the poster's age, location and other social media profiles and interests.
>edits photos of the user's icons from around the net, including DD Rin Kagamine and a screencap of an anime shota, to have 'BULLY' on them in big block letters
^funniest bjd outbirk in months
>>
>>7001798
Links to the Tenshinomon outbirk?
>>
>>7002010
https://tenshinomon.com/2018/06/10/zero-tolerance-on-bullying/
Unfortunately they cleaned the comments section and removed the BULLY pics
>>
>>7002164
What's the deal with this bully business?
>>
>>7002193
I mean it’s right there in the post. They considered someone calling their site clickbait to be “bullying”.
>>
>>7002164
They edited it even further and took out most of the retardedly-worded personal attacks. Anyone have caps?
>>
>>7002371
Did she also remove all of the doxxing except for the throwaway emails? I would love to see caps too
>>
>>7002371
God I wish I did
>>
Pls tell me someone else has seen the person trying to sell that Enaibi head for USD1,100 and that's the starting bid for it. Just the head, a very ordinary looking head with a Luts body 'for free'. I really wanna see if this sells.
>>
>>7003063
How I wish they had the whole doll. I would have spent twice that if it was the head AND the body.
>>
>>7003063
That’s not ridiculous. Imo an Enaibi for sale (even partial) ranks among the absolute most sought after dolls ever, like how Volks Suigintou could fetch 3k for the whole doll and Shinku 5k.
>>
It's not so much that the price is ridiculous, it is very rare I know, it's just that for that particular head I can't imagine it selling for that price. A pity they don't have the body.
>>
>>7004045
Do you have the sale link?
>>
File: 14387457253_eef1876d9c_k.jpg (1.53 MB, 2048x1532)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>7004045
I can. It's a pretty cute head (see pic), and also one of her few SDs.

>>7004131
It's being sold by skylarkthewanderer on instagram (aka Krowbar), should be one of their recent posts.
>>
>>7004045
>>7003580
Myriade was a head only release you guys
>>
>>7004178
Thank you. The original anon didn't do a very good job of specifying anything other than they think it's too expensive.
>>
>>7004144
Hmm should I sign up with Instagram now to find more doll sales?
I noticed the mp at DoA seems significantly slower lately.
>>
>>7004260
You could, but I don’t fuck with instagram or Facebook sales personally—sure, more people are listing there than DoA now, but there’s so little accountability (not that DoA. Ebay, y!j etc are perfect, but afaik if you get scammed via insta or fb you have no recourse besides Paypal chargeback and you can’t leave them feedback which is annoying)

I guess if there’s an item you really want and would take that risk for then you should watch sales on insta/fb.
>>
>>7004369
I mean Paypal alone is all the protection you need. What are the DOA mods going to do? Beat up a scammer for you? Most everyone will provide a feedback link if you ask for it by the way. It's not like people are only on Instagram.
>>
>>7004382
It's an accountability thing. The mods would ban them, and having gotten MP access in the first place makes them less likely to be there just to scam. And I just hear a lot of scammer/item not as described/poorly packaed/broken stories from FB and insta sales these days. But it's up to you. If you feel secure enough that PP will protect you then go ahead.
>>
>>7004260
DoA MP is incredibly slow these days, yeah. There are a lot of people who only sell via instagram now (browse the #bjdsale or #bjdsales tags to shop) especially for just clothes and shit when making a whole thread is a lot of effort.
>>
>>7004413
That makes sense. I guess I'm used to buying stuff from Facebook and Instagram already, so it never bothered me to start buying BJD stuff on those sites too. I've only ever had two problem transactions and both times PayPal solved the problem.
>>
File: 20180620_233021.jpg (170 KB, 1390x1794)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Sweet dreams.
>>
File: Oobie-Doll-Logo850.gif (23 KB, 832x286)
23 KB
23 KB GIF
seriously guys WTF is oobiedoll's logo supposed to be? everytime I see it i'm vaguely grossed out because I cant figure out what its supposed to be. Two fairy's kissing? A vagina with wings in high heels? What is it guys!?
>>
>>7007617
Seems like an amalgamation of bat wings, a halo and high-heels while forming the silhouette of a girl/doll in the negative space between the wings
But the way it's drawn does make it look "fleshy" and the silhouette might not be immediately obvious so it does end up looking pretty weird
It's a cool and strong concept though
>>
>>7004369
I mean there's a feedback account on Insta now, its not the best system but if you're considering a purchase on there you can search the seller's name and see if they have a feedback post up.
>>
>>7007617
It's badly thought out is what it is.
It's a mashup of a female head silhouette, wings, and shin/feet/heels but the end result doesn't look remotely cohesive (and is a bad logo, since 'what IS that' is the opposite reaction you want consumers to have).
>>
>>7007627
>>7008351

I can't make out the doll sillouette at all, it just looks like nothing to me. Also the lack of symmetry on it drives me insane. Such a shitty logo.
>>
>>7007617
The chaos of this is actually disturbing, nothing about it makes sense. It reminds me of that brainfuck hentai anime pic. I wish I'd never seen it.
>>
I used pva glue to style a Dollfie wig but I want to wash it out and start over again. Can I just run it under warm water?
>>
File: DgGQqZ0X4AUDMid.jpg (258 KB, 1536x2048)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
Painted this for my dollfie's clothes! I'm very glad that I didn't just leave it as plain unpainted pine. Was super cheap off eBay
>>
>>7006535
She is so cute
>>
>>7006535
I've been wondering since the last time you posted her, who did her faceup? She's really pretty.
>>
Why are Russian BJD far superior compared to Asian BJD?
>>
Oops forgot image
>>
>>7012177

her lips look like a puckered anus
>>
>>7012177
That is some good ass wig. Is it a shoop?
>>
>>7012174
You probably are just into a different aesthetic? Russian sculptors a ton of them are into that sickly weird distended look. The one you posted looks like a Narae that became ill.

>>7012363
Probably just a good wig. On wig styling and other accesories the russians do tend to have extremely high standards
>>
>>7012177
I mean... It's subjective really. I find that doll unappealing but I'm sure others like it.
>>
>>7012722
I asked if it was a shoop because how close to the resin that hair sits. It kind of looks to be directlty glued to the doll.
>>
>>7012829
Here's a tutorial on how to make wigs like that. It's very much possible, just a painful process.
>>
>>7012849
Oh I see now. That's amazing.
Thanks for the tutorial.
>>
>>7012177
That wrist to hand ratio makes it look more like a flesh sleeve than an arm.
>>
File: DgfGTl5VAAAYK3C.jpg (135 KB, 900x1200)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
back to Twitter JP (a non-trash BJD community where men lead not women) I need to get a pair of these articulated hands now...

https://twitter.com/motiti_motiti/status/1010994687497330688
>>
>>7013276
>a non-trash BJD community where men lead not women
Anon...
>>
>>7013276
bruh.....no it isn't
(although from the pic you're using BJD community to mean only the smaller/distinct DD community. i guess you're correct that one is men led in photography...but they have to buy almost all of the customization and clothes from women)
>>
>>7012864
>>7012849
I mean...it really doesn't have to be a ventillated wig like that to sit close to the skull (especially if it's alpaca, like the one on the russian doll looks to be; it's actually a huge mess to ventilate with alpaca due to how thin it is so ventilators favor synthetic fiber, and that schvartsman.dolls one was probably just rooted with glue in a far less work intensive process.) That tutorial other anon posted is only necessary if you want an incredibly stylable wig that works exactly like human hair, and/or a super realistic hairline.

The important part for getting it to sit close on the skull is molding the wig cap, which is pretty easy and part of lots of wig making that is way less work intensive (it's also not even really explained in that pic since it's sort of basic and ira expects us to already know how.)

Here's how you do that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=-6Bgp9I7EEM

You just attach wefted hair or fur after that, a workload of several hours rather than weeks. This is a very common way to make the cap alpaca wigs, but the finished product doesn't always show how nicely the cap sits on the head because people are putting big poofy hair on it.
>>
Don't take the bait guys

>>7011966
I don't know, unfortunately! I bought her from a secondhand shop on y!j, misclassified under golf clubs.
>>
>>7014241
Ah well thanks for answering, congrats on a lucky find. She's super duper adorable.
>>
>>7014001
most of the body part customizations are done by men in the dd/vmf 50 world (Wersaze boobs, peach pai boobs, yamashin boobs, articulated hands, wigs).

clothing is 80/20 female/male (e.g. TC Doll is male created).

accessories are 90% female dominated.

faceups are 100% female created

tldr, the men don't want to look dainty painting and stitching things, but they buy the most since they have more disposable income than female counterparts
>>
File: CuS_nsvVIAAKrmU.jpg (301 KB, 1078x1916)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
Anyways
>>
>>7014290

>the men don't want to look dainty painting and stitching things

Lol how pathetic.

In other news what's the drama going on with bjdpalace?
>>
>>7015294
How is there already drama? Also what is BJDPalace? Is it just a hub for if you want a trusted faceup artist or something?
>>
>>7014290
>the men don't want to look dainty painting and stitching things
this is actually hilarious because it's like they've forgotten they are DOLL COLLECTORS, you can't be fronting stereotypical masculinity when there are little plastic girls in fluffy dresses and twin tails in your house. they need to embrace their truth.
>>
>>7013276

isn't the twitter jp community filled with men who make their dollfie dreams look like children and take pictures of them in lingerie?
>>
>>7016229
Yeah the non-trash bjd community ;)
>>
>>7016649
yup, im actually interested to get a MDD and put some boobs on her, just money's tight with Wonder Festival and Comic Market coming up
>>
>>7016092
It's a Japanese losing face/honor thing since they do it in private and show up to the Volks showroom enmasse after an event. (like 50 otaku waiting in line to do a new year's photo after fuyucomi)
>>
File: DgtsbVpXkAArXMf (1).jpg (91 KB, 900x1200)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Just re-styled my boy's wig and trying on taobao stuff for the first time
>>
>>7016989
CUTE. Love the hair.
>>
It's bait and you knew it was bait
>>
>>7017640
If anyone in this thread ever sees that egg for sale, please post a link here. I shit you not, this is my grail doll.
>>
>>7018059
I'll keep an eye out for your eggo precious anon
>>
>>7018059
i'll fight you for humpty dumpty
>>
>>7016989
Where is that stand from?
>>
>>7017356
Thank you! Took a few tries to style it right as its my first time styling a wig

>>7018180
It's the invisable stand from Alice collection's http://www.acbjd.com/other-c-145.html
>>
File: IMG_20171217_132227.jpg (3.76 MB, 4048x3036)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB JPG
>>7016733
following up here to keep the discussion going...
This photo was at Dollpa last December.

Note the majority of the patrons here are men.
>>
Volks has really been pushing the Dollfie Dream line the last 2 or 3 years as well, while they've cooled it a bit with the Super Dollfie. I think that's effected the demographic at recent Dolpas and other events too. Dollfie Dream is more profitable to them, it's well known that men are prepared to spend more on their hobbies then women.
>>
>>7018928
Women like dolfies too though
>>
>>7018928
DDs are cheaper to make and more profitable.
>>
>>7018862
Is that a legit Shinku in the back?
Even blurry and far off it looks adorable af, no wonder it's worth so much.
>>
>>7019005
It's actually quite difficult and expensive to manufacture big vinyl dolls though isn't it? Moreso than resin.
>>
>>7019011
No idea, I can only identify SD/DD/vmf50 :|
>>
>>7019012
Much bigger upfront costs, but less for mass production. Volks also is already huge and has access to all industrial equipment they need.
>>
>>7019156
Ah, I see. Still, DDs do cost less than SDs generally. Taking standard models for example, the SDs are 68k to 73k for standards while the DDs are about 45k. So doesn't it balance out in that way too?
>>
>>7019188
No. There's a reason why companies like Integrity Toys (Fashion Royalty company) make buttloads more money than a company like Ring Doll. A higher price point does not necessarily mean higher profit. Often times, on something high end like a resin BJD, your profit is minimal at best. If you want to make money, you want a product that is easy to produce and can be produced fast, like a vinyl doll. What makes more, 10 $500 dolls or 100 $100 dolls?
>>
>>7019353
I didn't say that they're profiting more off SDs. I said that the cost of production is reflected in the price. And Volks isn't just making minimal profit off of SDs with DDs as some cheap fashion doll cash cow. Both lines are profitable and "high end". That being said, I'd like it if you could link me some sources as to the production costs of both. I'm not an expert in the costs of doll-making and you seem to know a lot about how much each process costs.
>>
>>7018928
Eh the last sentence isn’t true of Japanese hobbyists, look at lolita fashion and its incredible cost.
>>
>>7019392
There were a few posts about the production process on Danny Choo's blog when he was just starting the Smart Doll line. I think the basic vinyl doll mold price was like $10,000 USD per mold but you could get thousands of casts out of that mold because it was metal and resins usually use a silicon mold that deteriorates faster. It's been a while since I've read it so I might be wrong but I don't think I can go back and look because I think he's deleted most of those posts along with his Dollfie Dream posts.
>>
File: Capture.png (2.25 MB, 1469x1014)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
>>7019392
>>7020222
I believe it was in this post but now it just links to the SmD info page instead.
>>
>>7020109
Most of them are housewives using their husband's earnings
>>
>>7020519
>most lolitas are housewives
oh it’s bait, ok
>>
>>7021014
It's pretty common for Japanese lolitas to be either housewives or living with their fairly well off parents. I wasn't talking about Western lolitas, that's a different story.
>>
>>7021175
source?
>>
>>7020222
>>7020251
I see, thanks. I wonder if the two processes are also different in required labor to produce a quality doll. Is there also a big difference in the cost of vinyl (and the ABS? skeleton) compared to resin just in terms of the materials themselves?
>>
Well if lolita is fairly cheap compared to the hobbies men middle class men are commonly into, like cars or stamps. Spending several thousand per stamp is fairly routine even for collectors with average collections , only excuse is that they can be a good investment.
>>
>>7021301
I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make anymore. Women are bitchy and waste money. Men are bitchy and waste money. There are stereotypes both ways, of the woman emptying her bank accounts on clothes and pretty things, and of the man wasting thousands of dollars on useless collectors items. We're all wasting our money on technically useless stuff that makes us happy for one reason or another. There doesn't have to be an excuse for it. And you're no better for spending less or more than anyone else. Spend less and you've got less than the rest of us. Spend more and you're the fool wasting thousands on dolls/dresses/cars/stamps.
>>
>>7021211
Not sure about the materials themselves but the process of cleanup seems to be around the same; cutting flash for vinyls, sanding seamlines and gates for resins. Vinyls need that internal skeleton built so that may take a little while, stringing resins doesn't take too long if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>7021192
common sense dipshit, they out co-splaying during work time...
>>
>>7021938
>what is an irregular work schedule
>what is working nights
>what is taking a day off for a convention
post an actual source or fuck off.
>>
I saw this confession today
>

Alec G. must be new to the hobby or just an asshole. One month wait is nothing. Disregarding the commission disclaimer and causing hardship to the other person was a disgusting move. Paypal more often than not, sides with the buyer 99.9% of the time. That they ruled in Alec’s favor means nothing. Then she goes around contacting the other people waiting for fukus to warn them. Warn them of what?! That shit takes time? The convo screenshots show the truth. Hope she never contacts me for business.

I was wondering if I could have some more information about this Alec person. What is their username? What site did the sale occur on? I make bjd kimonos with a custom option and I want to make sure I don't end up accidentally taking this person on as a customer.
>>
>>7022298
Not something financially well of Japs have or do.
>>
>>7022366
proof?
>>
>>7018059
it's your lucky day, anon
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l452836255
>>
>>7022359
You dropped the confession, post it

>>7021301
What an irrelevant post (also middle class women will drop 1000s on designer clothes, purses, and uppermiddle ones $10000s on bespoke clothes or maybe gallery art or other collectibles.)

Just accept that ‘uhh Volks is pushing DDs more because after 20yrs they suddenly realized men are more willing to spend money on dolls than women’ is stupid logic. Hell the price point of their resins is usually higher, that alone defies this.
—-
for the record, and to squeeze something relevant out of this dumbassery/bait: Volks is pushing DD because they’ve caught on more in the last several years (for various reasons, but a big one is certain IPs and another is better sculpts and styling than ever before) and merit a larger share of promotion than before, but SDs are still the spotlighted darlings of Dolpa and getting more attention overall.
>>
>>7021211
Non-resin dolls definitely take a lot more prototyping and engineering. They need to fit together perfectly after cooling and shrinkage, with minimal cleanup. Miro showed that the parts on a resin doll don't even have to fit together if you string it tight enough.
>>
File: 964987.jpg (128 KB, 1080x1080)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
Pic of Miro elbow doing exactly what you would expect it to do, crack and then suffer a bad repair.
>>
Quality product design.
>>
>>7023360
>>7023357
what did they even expect, these look like they were designed specifically to put pressure in delcate/thin places
>>
File: 26127805718_ffc3e3c7c9_k.jpg (897 KB, 2048x1392)
897 KB
897 KB JPG
>>7023313
>https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l452836255
Over my price range. Good luck and post pics, other Humpty Dumpty anon.
>>
>>7007617
It's the fake final boss of Aria of Sorrow.
>>
>>7023329
> citing Mirodoll as an example for doll engineering
Hell, most of those doll parts weren't even theirs anyway.
>>
>>7023320
I actually just messed up the spacing. Everything from Alec G. to "Hope she never contacts me for business." was the confession. Sorry about that. was copy and pasting from my phone.
>>
https://medium.com/@mariezeligen/russian-fake-fcc9d719e151

Well tgis is interesting. Russian 'bjd artists' are apparently recasting certain dolls in porecelin. This is funny considering russia is often put on a pedestal in the doll community but they are really blatant copies and one of them even won an award lol
>>
>>7024450
And we have people like Culur. Your average person doesn't know enough about every single brand out there to catch this stuff which leads to these fakes getting famous. It has nothing to do with being Russian.
>>
>>7024701

Yeah I know it isn't actually because they're russian. I was pointing out how many bjd people belive Russians are the ultimate bjd owners who know the true value of art and have the 'best' dolls etc. Maybe this is only my local community who talks like this but I know several of them are in denial about these copies and I find it a little humurous.
>>
>>7020251
>>7024450

Please post asian dolls sex like this

Is there asian dolls with wholes in them to sex with other figures + sex accessories ?
>>
>>7024728

go to /jp/ and stay there
>>
>>7024731
we don't want him either
>>
>>7024450
>This is funny considering russia is often put on a pedestal in the doll community
I feel like Russians have that particular artistic touch in spite of also being a bydlo nest.
You'll also find a lot of really interesting tuto in Russians for craft stuff.
I have the theory that it is because they live in a cold country where they soend a lot of time inside that they seem to be much more than the rest in crafty hobbies.
>>
>>7023329
......resin needs a lot of engineering if you want it to fucking work though. Miro can’t pose for shit
>>
>dat upper lip
It’s weird watching someone’s taste/sense of aesthetics get actively worse
>>
I recently discovered the existence of this thing and I have to ask: Where is the porn? I have sexy compilation of human size dolls but what about 12 inch? Where can I find user made pics of them in sexy positions?
>>
>>7028272

why would you want to see doll porn?
>>
>>7028275
Curiosity.
I spend 300 $ for a Scarlett Johannes doll with nipples. I will pose her in retarded sexy outfits.

I want to see them.
Also those pics usually have closeups so I can see the quality of the doll to consider buying it...

Is this the right thread for Silicone bodied dolls and hottoys heads?
>>
>>7028275
Not him but I don't know I just like seeing porn of things. I think its neat and fun!

Also, been talking to my SO about making BJD, was wondering what people like most for materials on a finished doll.

>>7028282
Lmao this isn't the right thread for that at all.
>>
>>7028282

wrong thread, this is for BJDs. go to /jp/
>>
>>7028285
>>7028284
Ok will try there then. Sorry to have disturbed you.
>>
>>7028291
I don't know what you think goes on in the /jp/ thread but we don't want that shit either
>>
>>7028284
Nayrt but i like seeing porn too, for the lulz purely.

If you're making the kinda BJD strung with elastic, most of us like resin.
Please do us a favour; practice and dont cast the first thing you sculpt.
Or do. Fill the thread with content. Either way.
>>
>>7001787
how large is the size difference between the dolfie dream and dolfie dream pretty models? will most things fit the pretty if it fits the vanilla model?
Got my eye on that iori doll
>>
>>7029593
DDP wears MSD/MDD mini sized clothing and shoes, DD clothing will generally be comically oversized
>>
>>7029593
DDs are about 60cm, DDP is about 50 cm apparently, and way slimmer. You're going to want to use MSD/MDD or Obitsu 48/50 clothing. Pants might be short in the MSD/MDD category though.
>>
>>7029680
>>7029812
>wont be able to fit a dollho on that model
>>
>>7028164
Kinda reminds me of a horse pulling its lip off its teeth.
>>
>>7029331
lmao I mean, it would probably be fun to document the process. Also yeah i was thinking resin would be the go too for materials. my SO is a better artist than I am, though I was going to get back into 3d modeling to print out a 3d print base to make a mold out of.
>>
File: dress1409_p18b.png (244 KB, 570x570)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
Anyone have a Cotin wig from the past fourish years? I can't find any reviews.
>>7030233
You'd need an exceptionally tiny dick to fuck a DDP.
>>
What's the smallest bjd? My dollhouse is small.
>>
I'm almost ready to break bank and getting my first Pullip doll. Being a Rosen Maiden fan and loving my classic memes, I'd go for Suiseiseki, desu. However, which one? Both look similar and look 1/6:

F-569 look more like a traditional doll:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pullip-Rozen-Maiden-Suiseiseki-2007-F-569-Fashion-Doll-Groove-Figure-F-S-Japan/252988591011?hash=item3ae74b8ba3:g:5vwAAOSwAO9ZPrFd

F-145 look more "anime"
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Pullip-Rozen-Maiden-Suiseiseki-P-145-Fashion-Doll-Groove-F-S/122166562370?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40972%26meid%3D2511b726c37e4e538a88e5d3a27f8115%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D252988591011%26itm%3D122166562370&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

That's all I can see based on the image listings. As for googling it, all I get are sales pages. Any experts know what's the quality, what should I be aware of and so on?
>>
What is the best way to style a heat resistant wig? Can I use gel or hairspray?
>>
>>7034605
F-569 is not 1/6, she's a mini version, F-145 is the one you want.
>>
I see people on Instagram with their Minifees in cute underwear, but when I go on Etsy I just find these ugly bad quality lace granny panties. Where should I be looking? I don't think what I'm looking for is that complicated. I just wanted some silk/satin ruched panties and a matching bralette for my doll. Does anyone have a recommendation of someone I can commission maybe?
>>
File: billy2.jpg (201 KB, 750x1016)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>7033544
realpuki are very small. they look okay in 1/12 scale houses but they are about the size of children in that scale. here's mine with 1/12 furniture
>>
>>7035793
Those are usually custom orders, people get that underwear on instagram mostly. @nastia_gontier can make a set and she also sells her stuff on etsy.
>>
im looking for a custom dolfie head that would be made off of a pic, any one got know of people who do top quality commissions?
>>
>>7037512
Freyacchi or CockworkAngel??
>>
>>7035602
For sure? Because this video review tell otherwise.
https://youtu.be/wQb-TsdwoK8?t=8m6s

Also, F-569 is the better one IMO. Better eyes have the watering can, and actual troussers. This is the one that I'll take for sure.

It's just a matter of money now.
>>
>>7040390
>Freyacchi or CockworkAngel??
sorry but im basic at the moment so I dont get the refrence, im just getting into this scene and just want my first doll to be perfect. looking to get the Miku dolfie as base then building what i want around it as it has the completion i want. unless there is a dolfie dream with abs and toned legs.
looking for an artist to make the head look like a celeb that want from photos.
>>
File: dahellbig.png (134 KB, 377x446)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>7041557
>>
>>7041557
Which Miku dollfie base are you referring to?

Are you aware dollfie dream and super dollfie head and bodies are incompatible?
>>
>>7041557
Post an image of a doll you like and want yours to look like, and maybe we'll be able to help you?
>>
>>7042797
I want to end up making this basically
>>
>>7042855
She's very cute, but how does she look like a human celeb?
A lot of customizers are willing to make DDs look like x anime character. Is that what you're after?
>>
>>7042867
I didnt want to be judged by wanting anime tier shit so I lied a bit, didnt think that I would need to post a photo.
>A lot of customizers are willing to make DDs look like x anime character. Is that what you're after?
yep thats pretty much it, wanted to compile more photos of what I want it to look like and have the design improved a bit.
>>
>>7042895
You're asking about buying a Dollfie Dream and trying to hide your weebiness???

DD's are more /jp/'s thing though, try asking them.
>>>/jp/19353809
>>
>>7042922
thanks anon, sorry about being fucking weird
>>
>>7042925
We're all fucking weird, it's 4chan. Good luck!
>>
>>7042925
Come on. Don't be a kid. Embrace your faggotry and have fun!
>>
>>7001787
Does anyone know which company actually makes this wig? I found the pictures on an Ebay listing from one of those chinese knock-off wig stores.
>>
>>7043558
Licht?
>>
>>7043787
I checked their website and I didn’t see it. Unless it was discontinued at some point I don’t think they made it.
>>
File: 20187101363760719.jpg (48 KB, 645x772)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
have some new clothing for my Aoandon coming in the mail, very exciting
>>
File: 2HcoFpl.gif (216 KB, 320x240)
216 KB
216 KB GIF
I'm planning to buy my first Pullip and MAN, those are expensive dolls...……………………..Then I saw the Dolfie's prices.

I can Pullip, but I may never Dolfie.
>>
>>7045502
I don't know what you want us to tell you, anon. Get a job?
>>
>>7046813
Har har... very funny.
>>
File: pca4.jpg (63 KB, 844x596)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
This thread have barely anyone posting but eh, best place to ask. I never owned a high end collectible doll before. And no "collector edition" Barbies don't count at all. Dolfies being WAY over the top budjet wise the next best thing will be Pullip.
So my first Pullips will be Classical Alice and Aira. One is the BEST Alice IMO (and when one say "Pullip", Alice come to mind). Aira is very sexy and risqué, with a LOT of glamour flair in her.
Good choice as entry level dolls for the high-end collectible category?
>>
Is this a good method of wig styling?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzexy-RqLKY
>>
>>7044507
All my jelly, did you get the full set with extra hair and hands?
>>
>>7048902
If you want a BJD, start saving. A Pullip just isn't the same. If you'd rather have something else, you might regret it.
On the low end, BJDs (without clothing or wigs) start at $200ish, which AFAIK is around the price of 2-3 Pullips
>>
Recently noticed that unoas and MDDs have similar body measurements and was wondering if MDD clothes could fit unoas? Currently looking at the volks taisho set for my unoa right now hoping I could make it work.

Also anyone have any unoa/ MDD body comparisons?
>>
>>7049619
I'd want a BJD eventually. But for now, those two Pullips are definitely seducing me.
>>
>>7049127
Honestly i do it but i dont bother using water soluble glue coz i go hard
>>
File: drs01_img_DDSLen_en.jpg (162 KB, 420x856)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
Do any of you know if this outfit stains?
>>
>>7050776
Thanks! I wanted to try it but I didn't want to fuck up my wig. I tried styling it with water but that didn't do what I wanted with the fringe bangs.
>>
>>7051055
It looks like it would stain a dollfie dream.
But probably not a resin/super dollfie.
>>
File: 4518992418377_02.jpg (124 KB, 570x570)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>7050286
Looking at DoA measurements it should work, but most Volks clothing for MDDs is also made to fit MSDs and can be noticeably big on them. A kimono should be fine, if a little bulky.

I have pic related, it's cute.
>>
>>7048902
I collect both Pullips and BJDs. Like many people who collect both, I started with Pullips and I'm glad I did. I have a few Pullips that are still MIB (rarer dolls, lolita brand collaboration dolls) but I found a few Pullips in Tuesday Morning, too and customized those. One of the things I enjoy about Pullips is that they're enjoyable both in and out of the box. The Type 3 body had some issues with fragile wrists and knees, but the new body has been great. Pullips also fit into Blythe clothing, so you'll be able to find lots of clothing for them if you decide to go down the customizeable route. There's also a large Pullip fan community on Instagram and lots of tutorials for doing things like faceups and changing default eyes and wigs. If you don't want to customize, that's fine too! The default outfits are well made, they're fun to play with (articulated and their eyes do the cool moving around and closing thing), and they just look cute as hell.
>>
>>7051451
Poster of >>7048902 >>7034605 here
What that attract me the most about Pullips appart the price compared to Dolfie and such is how adorable they are. They are WAY less intimidating to collect and I just love the eye gimmick. Plus, CUSTOM FRIENDLY. After getting my two firsts at >>7048902 , I'd really love to try my hands at making my own custom Pullips. Drawing/painting face-ups is a bit intimidating but there's lots of great videos that I've already put in my bookmarks. Hextian's work is VERY impressive. That faggot sure do amazing work and he's quite inspyring.
>>
>>7051568
Keep in mind that BJDs are a good 2-2.5 times as large as Pullips and made of completely different material (vinyl vs resin). That all plays into parts of the cost. Pullips are also a mass produced doll by a big company at the end of the day where most of your BJD companies are hardly companies so much as they are small studios of 5-10 people, sometimes even 1-2 people. BJDs are also probably more custom friendly than Pullips (other than the MIO Pullips) because they were designed with customization in mind. Pullips are designed as collector dolls first and foremost. I would do some more research on both types of dolls before you jump into this hobby, and take the time to look up Azone, Obitsu, and Blythe too if you were interested in customization.
>>
>>7051624
>BJD are RESIN
Oh dear... I got some flashbacks of my two VERY expensive resin statues that broke due to misshandling/pets that are now worthless. I knew BJD are super high end but thank you so much for providing me with this vital info. Now I know that I will NEVER touch them.

I'll look into Blythes, Azone,and Obitsu though. I really want to make an adorable steam punk cyborg with a mechanical arm with working gears and such. Shit would be so cool! It's a very long term project so, baby steps.
>>
File: afterclass.jpg (372 KB, 1557x1040)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>7051690
Okay, but mishandling and pets can destroy anything really.

Looking into Blythes, Azone, and Obitsu doesn't address mishandling and pet damage.
>>
>>7051690
you really didn't know BJD were resin? christ
>>
>>7049424
Yes! I will spam photos when she is dressed and has eyes
>>
>>7051752
There's a first to everything, dude. I just barely knew what Pullips were about. Lemme tell you before spending hundreds of dollars into a new hobby, I'm doing my damn homeworks.

>>7051740
Not as bad as resin though. I collect transformers and vinyl anime figures and to break those, one must really do it on purpose. Resin anything is stupidly fragile and it's a can of worms I don't want to open ever again. I'm not ashamed to say that BJD are way out of my league. So Pullips and Co are the perfect middle ground between the elite BJD and the too basic Barbie.
>>
>>7051690
>>7051752

???

Dollfie Dream BJDs are not resin, they are vinyl.

>The doll is made of soft vinyl. Please keep away from heat.
http://www.dollfiedream.tokyo/dd_en/model/dddy_towa/
>>
>>7051804
Uh?
So which ones are made out of resin? Pullips are vinyl, so are Dolfie. So where's the resin? Just to know what to avoid.
I take this as good news though because Dolphies can be back on my radar in the "maybe one day" category.
>>
>>7051804
He said Dollfie, not Dollfie Dream though. Dollfies are resin. Dollfie Dreams are vinyl.
>>
>>7051845
There is 2 kinds of Dollfie? Dream ones are the cheaper option? Smaller and such?
Because the Duck only give me results like "Dollfie Dream VS Obitsu" and the likes.
>>
>>7051882
>>7051845

There's Super Dollfie (SD) and Dollfie Dream (DD)

SD = Resin
DD = Vinyl

both are BJD, SDs cost ~40% greater than DDs, both are from Volks

see discussion from here: >>7013276 >>7018928
>>
File: bn_dollfie_.jpg (126 KB, 720x720)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>7051882
No, Dollfie Dreams are not necessarily the cheaper option. Apples and oranges.

Dollfie Dreams are the anime styled dolls. They are made of vinyl and do not have ball joints. Dollfies are the more realistic, resin ball jointed dolls (BJDs).
>>
>>7051824
Super Dollfie=more traditional "realistic" sort of style, resin.

Dollfie Dream=Anime style vinyl dolls

both are in the 1/4 to 1/3 range, being 40-60+ cm tall. Prices are in the same range.
>>
>>7051931
Aww... The real interest is for the more realistic ones. Despite being resin, I will NOT give up on them in the end. A realistic Super Dolfie with the most fabulous dress, wig, and face-up will be my "doll Grail". I know it will be fragile and will cost almost 2000$. It's a dream for now. But one that I make true, no matter the time it will take.
>>
>>7051972
Oh, I think I could also go for a Dream too. Like this Kagamine Rin.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Volks-DD-Dollfie-Dream-Sister-Kagamine-Rin-Figure-doll-545mm-Japan/253693615789?hash=item3b11515ead%3Ag%3AgZIAAOSw5cNYNclS&_sacat=0&_nkw=dollfie+kagamine+rin&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xdollfie+kagamine+rin.TRS1.TSS0

Dream or Super, I'll go for one that truly "speak" to me. That's how collecting anything is about in the end.
>>
>>7051980
yeah get what you like

I really think you're being a bit overcautious about the fragility of resin, just don't hamhand it, keep it secured on or in a shelf (depending on the agility of your pet) and you'll be fine. Honestly you're most likely to break something easily replaceable like a finger. Treat them with care, not like toys, and you'll be fine.
>>
File: Glass-Cabinet.jpg (38 KB, 477x920)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>7051990
When it will be time for me to seriously invest into a true BJD, you can bet that I'll buy a nice and solid glass display cabinet like pic related.
>>
>>7052004
pic related
>>
>>7052150
DAMN! That's classy.
>>
I don't have any doll friends to share this with. I just won an eBay bid on some pretty doll clothes for a really good price. Yay me. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>7052378
Post worthless without any picture.
>>
>>7052421

they just won the clothes on ebay, do you want them to post the pictures from the ebay page or what
>>
>>7052463
Duh. Saying "I got something nice" without showing what it is is pointless.
>>
>>7052479

not really, you're just being contrary
>>
>>7052489
I see you want to shit up the thread.
K.
>>
>>7051972
Resin dolls aren't super fragile so long as you don't drop them, and they're pretty hard to drop. Figures and kits have smaller, more delicate pieces.
>>
>>7051972
>>7052647
This. Resin is quite a durable material. The only point of fragility on a resin BJD is, usually, the fingers if it undergoes a notable drop. But in pretty much every respect besides very thin parts (and color stability i guess) resin is durable, especially compared to porcelain.
Even dents in resin will pop out if you apply heat, BJDs have literally been gnawed by dogs and a quick dip in boiling water restored them to the same.
>>
>>7052957
oh and in cases of finger breaks, attaching them back on with either epoxy or strong glue usually looks seamless and more or less perfect, i don't feel sad about the one of mine who got a broken finger -- it's very hard to tell.
>>
File: 10385833a2.jpg (34 KB, 600x800)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
What do you think of the little dolls with PVC hair? An unfavourable compromise?
>>
>>7053017
>PVC hair
Does this count as "action figure" though? Or a "posable statue"? I do wonder.
>>
>>7053017
Cute, but not for me. I'd love to see more photos of them, though.
>>
>>7051972
If you're seeking realism, Volks will never provide. There are many other companies/ artists out there creating more realistic heads than what exists for Volks' Super Dollfie.

What sort of realistic are you looking for? Do you want asian features? Caucasian? We could steer you to where to find what you're looking for if you provide more details.
>>
where could I get the doll from OPs picture?
>>
>>7053553
When I said "realism", it's relative. Something like >>7024450 is just perfect. If I'd want true realism, I'd go for Hot Toys. Those are pretty hard to beat in that aspect.
>>
>>7053017
I like them but I also collect a lot of anime figures/model kits/ etc.
>>7001787
Does anyone here own any Crobidoll dolls? I'm pretty interested in their E-Line Boni and I was interested in hearing owner opinions, like how's the quality and are there any glaring engineering issues with that specific body that I should be aware of?
>>
>>7054054
You'd have a heart attack if we told you how much that doll costs, anon. I think you need to take a few steps back and decide exactly what you want and how much you're willing to spend. Keep in mind that many companies do offer layaway plans.
>>
>>7054454
Oh I know Dollfies can be 1500$. But that one is...
_Ebay check "doll of “Soom”"_
100$ to 400$? All from China. Did I landed in Bootleg Central, or are they usually that cheap?
>>
>>7054468

don't use ebay, or if you're going to use ebay at least don't buy from a seller that is in china. it's almost always a recast
>>
>>7054477
>don't buy from a seller that is in china
I figured as much.
However, I'd make exception for clothes and accessories for customs if the seller's rating is high enough.
>>
>>7054495

Here is sooms real website anon

https://dollsoom.com/eng/gem.html

You can get a nude older soom supergem second hand for $400 to $600 second hand if your lucky. A full set doll is going to set you back at least a grand.

Soom is one of the most recast companies and all the ones on ebay or originating from china are gross knockoffs.
>>
>>7054495
Clothing and accessories you're going to want to use Taobao or Etsy (and of course your doll's official store if applicable). The cheap stuff on eBay is cheap for a reason. Everything else is just overpriced Taobao shit. I have more specific recommendations if you have a size in mind.
>>
>>7054673
I'd want to do some Pullip customs eventually. So a source of various clothes of high quality would be appreciated.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.