[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: OPS.png (1.13 MB, 2048x829)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
old >>7026524

Reminder TFcon is next week! What are you hoping, expecting, dreaming?
>>
File: 1361319789647.jpg (108 KB, 400x1050)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>7033686
I'm still holding out hope for a mtmte Whirl or a thighlicious mtmte Drift but I am pretty sure neither of those are to be at this point.
>>
>>7033713
Were MMC's, Iron Factory's, and that $400 action figure Drift not enough for you?
>>
>>7033720
I did specifically say the mtmte version, so no, no they weren't. I don't care as much for the boxier version Drift and passed on all of those. I mean OP did say what are you hoping/dreaming of, not what makes sense.
>>
File: 1513212640436.jpg (650 KB, 1324x1322)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
>>7033686
>What are you hoping
IF to announce all of the DJD are releasing right now. This will never happen, of course.

>expecting
Don't have any expectations at all really.

>dreaming?
IF Starsaber, IF (or any Legends sized, really) Monsterbots, IF or DX9 Predaking. Also IF to include the weapon packs with all of their releases again like they used to. You can't tell me they can't fit in one weapons pack at those $30-ish price points they've got.
>>
Hoping
To see physical prototypes of XTB and DX9 Menasor. For prototypes/renders of MT GF prime and megs.
Expecting
To be disappointed again like last summers TFcon.
Dreaming
IF protectobots, G1 Prime and Megs
>>
>>7033811
>IF protectobots
With or without Rook though?

nb4 "Rook corpse".
>>
>Hoping
-Takara will fuck off with these astronomical prices.
-Maketoys does post-movie G1's and Armada

>Expecting
-Takara to raise prices on all of their MPs
-More Starscream recolors
-Something something Cliffjumper
-Bumblebee Bumblebee

>Dreaming
-MP Prime series announced
-A proper 3rd party Soundwave
>>
>>7033686
Maketoys Triggerhappy.
Maketoys Galaxy Force Vector Prime and Optimus Prime.
Zeta Predaking or Abominus.
>>
>>7033686
>Reminder TFcon is next week! What are you hoping, expecting, dreaming?
Literally anything that isn't Sunbowshit or a fucking combiner. Fuck off, god damn.
>>
>>7033686
I just don't understand why these companies insist so hard on adhering to that physically impossible cartoon crotch. By hiding the hips behind it, you have no choice either limit articulation, go with a diaper flap, which always looks hideous and cheap, or do skirt flaps, which completely defeats the purpose of cartoon accuracy.

Worse yet is none of them even seem to be including the chunk under the flap which they could use to attach the hips to and avoid the issue entirely, like MP-10 did.

There's even a way they could work around the flap too, if they copied what Figuarts used to do and put the hips on a second set of hinges that could rock downward to allow more movement from the hips. Figuarts with those hips could get some pretty fucking sick high kick poses thanks to that engineering, but for these Primes, it would only get them enough room to put the legs forward, but at least it would be SOME sort of natural range without having to make diaper flaps or hips skirts that weren't even part of the design to begin with.

Shit like this is why this new slavishly cartoon accurate movement for MP scale is such garbage.
>>
File: geeb2.jpg (26 KB, 680x448)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>7033838
>Maketoys Triggerhappy

I'd shit myself on live webcam feed in front of family and friends just for it to be a real announcement.
>>
File: 1493196513829.png (96 KB, 263x209)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>7033820
>rook
There's no such transformer Anon. Your taking crazy pills again.
>>
>>7033496
If you want a good murderprime, the best option right now is LT-02. It's a KO of the masterpiece only with a good paint job and the truck mode actually fits together.
>>
File: 1507162258256.jpg (224 KB, 777x560)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>7034018
>no such Transformer as Rook
>>
File: mp-prime-wars.jpg (576 KB, 1810x979)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>>7033686
I like the Transform Element one but at the same time it seems more CHUG than MP somehow (similar to X2 Jetfire I guess). According to the company it's 24cm tall (about 9.5 inches)
>>
>>7034095
Fuck, I'd love the Transform Element if it felt like a gokin.
>>
elsewhere in the mp optimus universe...
>>
>>7033877
>There's even a way they could work around the flap too, if they copied what Figuarts used to do
I don't know how figuarts work, but a system like a good modern gunpla would be nice. Offset peg for forward/back with an internal swing to lower the joint itself.
>>
>>7034095
MS prime looks great in that pic. I hope they have the prototype on display at TFcon or some other convention soon so we get better pics. Prime 3.0 looks fairly fresh too in those colors but I'm not dropping close to 400 bones on a figure anymore.
>>
>>7034095
fuck Sunbow. I own MPP10 but if not for the fact finding one without paint wear on the die cast was hard and the Japanese release being an expensive toy, I'd own MP-01 instead.
>>
File: 1461205003709.png (99 KB, 240x240)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>7034107
>that transformation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDJ7j5MExC0
>>
>>7034107
Is AOE/TLK Prime taller than his first movie design or something in the movies?
Because I recall MPM Prime being just as tall as MP10 Prime.
>>
File: ms-mp-op-alt.jpg (181 KB, 571x857)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>7034125
It depends on what "Sunbow" means to you I guess. Minimal details and less heroic proportions are one side of it, but then there's the magic side where you stuff an entire firetruck ladder into a torso or make every wheel completely disappear.

I'd argue the Magic Square one is more of the latter, especially in less slavishly toon colors.
>>
>>7034181
Damn even better here. MS seems to be the perfect compromise of the aesthetic started by MP10 and the cartoon aesthetic the line has shifted towards. They just need to ax the crotch flap or show us they can make it work unlike the dx9 prime.
>>
>>7034134
Looks like it borrows a few engineering tricks from some movie Primes figures in the past, namely the ROTF Leader and Evasion Prime. Regardless, Challenger appears to be a solid offering for those who like the knight Optimus design. It's a bit more articulate than I was expecting too, especially with the ab crunch in there.
>>
>>7034134
Looks great I'm excited to get my hands on him
>>
>>7034134
>$140
What fucking black magic is this and how can I give it to Takara so they can stop being so fucking retarded with their product pricing?
>>
Show accurate Armada Prime when? He'll give me any armada design. I grew up with that shit and I'm old enough to throw down cash for it now, so why the hell isn't anyone working on it. It's all just gen 1 stuff and y'all niggas have been getting pandered to for the past 15+ years with all this cool screen accurate 3rd party shit
>>
>>7034302
>so why the hell isn't anyone working on it. It's all just gen 1 stuff
Because Gen 1 is the baseline of Transformers. It's Spiderman in his base costume, it's Goku in his orange uniform, it's iconic, and iconography draws people in. Simply put, it will always be the thing center of Transformers because it established everything about Transformers. They may update the designs a bit, but generally they remain the same. Wild departures from the designs will get cast by the wayside and forgotten.
>>
>>7034223
Chinaman prices my man. When you're buying from Takara or Hasbro you're really paying the middleman.
>>
>>7034302
>y'all niggas have been getting pandered to for the past 15+ years with all this cool screen accurate 3rd party shit
No we haven't. This is all a pretty recent development in the past few years. Even as recent as five years ago a lot of third party stuff was pretty rough, or reedun. It's only after Takara pushed into screen accuracy are we being flooded with it now.
>>
>>7034361
I want my 90's and 00's brand creativity and risk taking back

I'm sick of this calculated minimal financial risk nostalgia pandering and established brand exploitation that's basically everywhere now.
>>
>>7034584
You and me both.

I think what actually kicked it off in regards to Transformers was Bayformers pissing in the well-water so much. Too much was changed and almost never for the better, and now that that particular beast is practically rotting the brand is rubberbanding towards hardcore G1 through fans in creative positions. Going back to the well analogy, it's like the piss is getting filtered out but the filter is so good it's catching the minerals which gave the water its good taste.
>>
>>7033061
I was hoping for a techy setting for iron factory size stuff, but thanks, I was concerned it'd be too small for anything above New age bee.
>>
>>7034433
I'm sick of "screen accuracy" to a badly-drawn budget 80s cartoon. I like toy details. It's like comparing standard MOTUC to the Filmation figures- the toon toys have lower detail and simpler colors, yet somehow sell for much more. I couldn't even though a Filmation Skeletor with the ultimate edition version out there.
>>
>>7034665
Have fun being a part of the bitching minority nobody cares about.
>>
>>7034143
Same size. UT isn't MPM scale
>>
>>7034095
>>7034125
It's not the aesthetic I hate (not my preference but I don't hate it) it's Takara's engineering. I'm not on board with the shitty convoluted 600 step transformations.

MP Inferno, and its bland featureless body, is a good figure because the transformation is dirt simple and not more complicated than it needs to be for no good reason.
MP Optimus V3, and its bland featureless body, is going to be a bad figure because Takara decided a fucking G1 Optimus needed to be a goddamn shellformer.
>>
File: changemachine02[1].jpg (17 KB, 300x186)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>7034684
It's just the robot version of this.
>>
File: changemachine01[1].jpg (17 KB, 300x177)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>7034703
>>
>>7034681
Have fun spending a fortune on things that look like crappy artwork.
>>
>>7034739
Do people even still care about third party IDW designs? I thought those bad taste people were run out of town.
>>
>>7034751
I hate IDW but I'm not going to justify high costs for 80s animation crap. Most 80s cartoons were terrible. What next, people wanting variants or extra parts to replicate animation errors? The toons were so poorly drawn you can't even say something is accurate outside of specific frames or scenes. Transformers changed shoe or size constantly and it wasn't just TF or even just Sunbow that was guilty. Go watch real Ghostbusters, see how often Janine's tits change size, it tends to happen every time the camera cuts to a new angle. They go from flat to DD without consistency.

80s animation was generally pretty shit. It was on purpose, they wanted toy commercials, often a standard 65 episode order by a deadline, you didn't get quality with a rush job.
>>
File: 1529815789189.jpg (67 KB, 441x459)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>7034751
No I'm still here.
Waiting
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (60 KB, 900x900)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
You Bobby's new video has got me thinking, why has it seemed like this year has been rather slow with third party? It just kinda feels like ever since Chinese new year we have goten very little.
>>
>>7034684
>MP Optimus V3, and its bland featureless body, is going to be a bad figure because Takara decided a fucking G1 Optimus needed to be a goddamn shellformer.
I think that's because we already got a near ideal figure with MP-10. It could have used some tweaks, but it was pretty damn good. I guess they could have gone the Starscream route with some enhancements to the already existing mold, but it's Optimus, gotta go all out! Plus MP-10 just doesn't work that well with MP-36. So we end up with Optimus 3.0. I'm not crazy about the previews we've seen, but judging by forum posts, it's going to sell, even with the huge price tag it will come with.
>>
>>7034790
Three stooges syndrome. So much stuff trying to get out the door, no one wants to push anything out the door.What IS getting out the door, is stuff with little to no competition, or in such different price brackets/sizes there's room for two options. To be less vague, things like the Trailbreaker or Inferno wars where its ended up with a bunch of different companies having moderate sellers, rather than huge sellers like back in the days of Laserwave where it was a single, must buy, has scared companies and people away. Even recently you have the Omega Supreme competition, where neither option is definitive.

Then look at Iron factory, which has a niche in cybertronian/Classics style designs in Legends scale, or GT and Perfect Effect's Beast Wars stuff, which no one else is really doing. And now FansProject is coming back to life again. All these are things no one else was really touching in the frenzy of pushing G1 MP stuff out; and don't get me wrong, G1 MPs will always sell the best overall, but when there's a limited amount of those left to do, and everyone wants to do certain popular characters, it cuts into the market.
>>
>>7034739
>a fortune
So you're poor on top of having shit tastes, funny.
>>
>>7034607
No, it's more like opening a new well (Bayformers), only it turns out the water there is poison, so you had to go back to using the old well (G1).

All the other wells were long since dried up (other series).
>>
>>7034751
Nice bait mate. Thats why two of the more successful 3P companies are using exclusively IF designs for their figures, right?
>>
>>7034826
>Perfect Effect

Speaking of which, when is Mega Dragon supposed to coming out?
>>
>>7034804
>Plus MP-10 just doesn't work that well with MP-36.
I agree on the original MP36 but he actually goes pretty well with MP36+. I've been pretty tempted to go for it because so far, no 3p company has put out anything that I feel actually fits in or looks good, save for Weijang, which looks damn near perfect but they just HAD to go and make it OS to fit the rest of their OS KOs. Going for MP36+ also seems like a gamble though due to the problems the original had and because of how shiny the paint is on +, it's gonna be that much more noticable if it scratches.

I guess ultimately, the MP Megatron scene still fucking sucks and has no good options.
>>
>>7035049
>I guess ultimately, the MP Megatron scene still fucking sucks and has no good options.
Despotron is literally perfect.
>>
>>7035051
No but seriously
>>
>>7035051
>>7035052
Eh, I really don't think he is. He definitely is a great toy but he's far from perfect. His aesthetics don't quite match MP, especially due to the really exaggerated face, and I don't think he cleans up enough to fit in with an MP collection. His back cleans up more than just about any other Megs on the market but then he has that big seam line and really noticable hinge in his waist, and his legs in particular are a pretty messy looking collection of panels. His alt mode is also just covered in panel lines and doesn't look that good because of it. I also don't like how doing anything with his waist swivel or ab crunch basically makes him look like he's broken in two. He's a fun figure but not the MP Megatron I'm looking for. He'd look great in a CHUG collection if he wasn't so big.
>>
>>7035036
late July/August.
>>
>>7034790
I think their stuff going on behind the scenes in regards to the factories. Keith recently upgraded his and is now putting stuff out at a steady pace (better quality too so far). DX9 seems to be having factory woes with their gabe being a QC crap shoot, their Powerglide reissue being assembled wrong and their Dutch being a QC mess. Hope things turn around for them with montana.

FT themselves seem to have run into some problems with their Rouge having QC issues. So they might have put on the breaks til they get things sorted out so something of that scale doesn't happen again.
>>
File: 1503928444626.png (268 KB, 621x491)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
>waiting for 2 figures I ordered
>supposed to be delivered today
>arrive 10 minutes before post closes up, front desk already closed down so employees won't answer a call even if you spoke right to their face as they whisk on by, surely everything is put into the PO boxes by now, they're about to close the whole post down until Monday
>nothing in my box other than the usual junk mail shit, no slips, no keys, nothing
>hours later
>check tracking, maybe it got held up somewhere
>lol it's in the postal locker
Really, you fucks? You couldn't shove my shit into the locker before you closed for the fucking day, but you had time to stuff fucking junk mail into my box?
>>
File: rollin prim.jpg (292 KB, 690x933)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
soon
>>
>>7034302
Game accurate first.

Unless you meant the pilot where Optimus has chest windows.
>>
>>7035394
We do not need more bayformers crap, fuck off.
>>
How's the Transform Dream Wave Bruticus upgrade set for the CW Bruticus?
>>
>>7035701
That's not bayformers, it's a Prime that turns into Rolling Thunder, you absolute imbecile.
>>
>>7035394
Im getting the green version, I hope it winds up good.
>>
>>7035051
Kek. Despotron is a 10 inches Revoltech.
>>
We need an iron factory style set of. Armada game heroes. Hot shot, red alert and chalkimus.
>>
Do FT-03 Quake Wave and FT-16 Sovereign match close enough to Meteor and Despotron in style and scale?

I want a full KO team of Decepticons, but only if they could pass off for from being on the same line.
>>
Papa Toys vs Magic Square. The only thing I prefer about the Papa Toys versions is that the ladder/crane collapse much more on the robot back.
>>
>>7036078
The fact that MS prioritized huge extending vehicle mode gimmicks over tight and clean robot modes seems inconsistent with everything else they've shown.
>>
The fatness of the Papa Toys ones doesn't bother me either since they still pose like champs. Actually I think I prefer the crotch/hips over Magic Square too
>>
>>7034826
>Three Stooges Syndrome

That's the first time I have heard of that and i enjoyed it, thank you anon
>>
>>7036080
I like the little wipers on the MS version more. Overall they seem to have a little more consideration for the vehicle mode than the PT version.

I'm still not sure what to think of MS' plastic, though. It just seems so soft-looking.
>>
>>7035721
If you like its aesthetic, it is a visually appealing upgrade that improves proportions on the combiner.

However it sacrifices robustness and playability for fiddly parts everywhere and a pretty invasive part swapping for Onslaught's thighs that make his previously solid thighs not fun to use in robot mode.

So basically + combiner - - everything else.
If you only want a display of Bruticus and like how it looks I would say it's worth it.
>>
>>7034829
I feel like there are too many wells in this analogy, anon. So is transformers a complex of wells?
>>
>>7036110
It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes.
>>
>>7034095
By the back of Tak's, it's sad that the only thing it has going for right now is the head sculpt.
>>
File: 1398220968522.jpg (168 KB, 370x242)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>7034107
>>7034134
This is giving me a murderprime boner.
>>
>>7034134
Muh dick

So many little engineering touches I love, like the spring compressing arm armor and spring hinged hip side skirt. Also loved the fold away sword sheath on the shield.

The only fault I have with this guy are his 90 degree knees and inability to T pose, only because the rest of his articulation is so good. Unique toys has definitely improved since their earlier days.
>>
Toy World is teasing.... Transmetal Cheetor?!?!
>>
So what was the final verdict on flametoys drift? I'm cool with the non transforming thing, I'm just trying to psych myself up to paying that price.

>>7036124
That's a weird choice, but I'm always down for stylized takes instead of slavish recreations of dated designs. Maybe extend the torso by a bit.
>>
File: needs more gun.jpg (169 KB, 1440x1080)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
I just had a sudden yearning for Maketoys to rework Chaos Paladin with improved articulation to fit into their Cross Dimension line.

And I already love Chaos Paladin as he is, but hot damn if I wouldn't buy the shit out of a Cross Dimensions figure with the same play pattern and aesthetic.
>>
>>7036138
Bobby Skullface says it is bar none the best action figure he has ever handled.
>>
>>7036138
I want this thing so bad, but fuck the price. Hopefully there's a decent deal on it sooner rather than later.
>>
File: t-beast.jpg (433 KB, 736x1045)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
I'm just over here wanting pony Jazz and canine Perceptor
>>
>>7036116
>not being a truck
TRUKK NOT TUBEY
>>
>>7036139
I've always wanted to get my hands on this guy. Him and Hypernovae but oh well
>>
>>7036124
Hmm, not loving that line art. The legs and torso are totally out of proportion with each other.
>>
>>7036116
It's been 12 years since the original quote
>>
>>7036230
yeah you're kinda right
>>
Anyone have the IF Blitzwing? How is it?
>>
File: paOr20U.jpg (13 KB, 480x270)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>7036174

Jazzy horse got me like
>>
File: world war prime.jpg (95 KB, 960x640)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
New contender in the Movie Prime War. Toyworld lives.
>>
>>7036474
Eh. I think UT is going to have such a strong grasp on AOE/TLK toys where nothing anyone else can do will harm them.
Toyworld should have capitalized on the movie Constructicons.
>>
Optimii optimii everywhere
>>
>>7036487
>>
>>7036487
The windshield wipers look delicate but clever
>>
>>7036487
>>7036489
>>7036492
Is this Legends class? Please tell me this isn't MP, this looks about as detailed as NA Bumblebee.
>>
>>7036487
Still has the feet poking out but the rest doesn't look too leg-like
>>
>>7036497
It's MP
>>
>>7036500
Jesus fucking Christ, this shit would look good as a Legends sized figure, or maybe a Deluxe, but how can you spit out something like this and call it a Masterpiece?
>>
>>7036503
Because Takara can do the same thing with their MP 3.0 Prime and get away with it.
>>
>>7036498
Yup. Helluva lot better than MP-10 and Magic Square's Prime.
>>
>>7036503
I mean, doesn't Takara's new offering have the same simple looking, lack of details, toon-accurate appearance in bot mode? But the truck looks like a clusterfuck of lego parts because of it. This manages to have the simple toon aesthetic while keeping a coherent looking truck mode.
>>
File: aoetransf.webm (2.98 MB, 1280x532)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>7036474
>>7034134

There was a day when I thought a transforming, kibbleless Knight Prime would have been impossible.

Now I realize, it was only impossible for HasTak.
>>
File: 1472159542399.jpg (71 KB, 439x629)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>7036487
>>7036489
>>7036492
I was going to go with MS but these pics have me back on the fence again. Guess its going to come down to build quality in the end.
>>
>>7036474
I like this build more than Challenger's. Challenger looks good and all but this has more of that intimidating presence he had in the movie
>>
>>7036138
It is an amazing figure, the build quality is top notch and it poses like a dream.

It really is worth the premium price tag.
>>
>>7036543
>Now I realize, it was only impossible for HasTak.
Well, they did give the prototype with Evasion Prime, but other companies have taken the inside-out transformation to the next level.
>>
>>7036474
>>7036578
A proper thickness to them fists and wrists. Would let face be ripped off/10.
>>
>>7036078
>>7036080
>>7036083

Nah, MS for me.
>>
>>7036216
The best thing about him is his versatility. The configuration you see there is my favorite that I've come up with and actually winds up with better articulation than any of his official modes by way of the combined mode knees becoming some sick ankle tilts.
>>
>>7036097
Sadly its not my own wit, its from the Simpsons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmBj8r1-fDo
>>
>>7034018
Rook>>>>> Groove

Deal with it faggot
>>
>>7036780
go to the tfg, we don't give a shit here.

i was wondering, are there any of you with unique toys swindle?
>>
>>7036489
I'm into it. I like the slender thighs.

The Magic Square one does look solid too, though. For me it depends on quality control, price, and the fun/ease of the transformation. Aesthetically I like them both, but the Transform Element one is the clear winner for me of the three.
>>
>>7035394
I wish this had been like a deluxe or something. I love the design and would have loved having a desk toy of it instead of a MP figure.
>>
>>7036931
>deluxe
I wish we got more deluxe sized figures in general.
>>
>>7036489
The legs are too far out to the sides, I think. It really ruins the look for me.
>>
>>7036949
If you have in an static pose I see what ya mean but put him in an action pose you don't really notice I think. Hope we get more info at TFcon on both these primes.
>>
>>7036474
>>
>>
>>7033686

Unironically a moratorium on Optimus Prime figures for the next two years.
>>
>>7036940
It's kinda weird 3P's have all but abandoned everything but Legends and MP's. Yeah, sure, MT's Cross Dimension is kinda Voyager-ish sized, and so is MMC's Reformatted line, but as is, the only thing people are getting close to Deluxe sized stuff is upsized Legends figures.
>>
>>7036487
TE seems to be the only one to manage not making the rear of the truck a camper.
>>
>>7036503
It has plenty of detail where needed, not really seeing where you're coming from.
>>
>zeta actually fixed the problems he had
I'm solely tempted to chunk my GC dinos in the trash get this and call it a day.
>>
>>7037021
>>7037026

I'm willing to forego movie accuracy for that tasteful thickness. I only wish he had an ass to go with.
>>
>>7035428
The cab from the original toy is perfect as far as transformation accuracy and just needs to be updated to have articulation as well as tweaks to the cab mode. namely to get rid of super mode hands conspicuously sticking out the back. The real reason armada primes needs a screen accurate figure is for a trailer/super mode that can realistically transform and include articulated legs. It doesn't even seem that hard since the cartoon design still has the trailer's "cape" and sideskirts; a 3rd party company would just need to find a way to fold actual legs onto the top or into the back of the trailer.
>>
>>7037030
It's frustrating for me because although I do like some of the legends size stuff (I'm not into IF generally speaking but I do have a couple Hot Soldiers figures and they're neat if imperfect) I'm also not really into the MP scale. They take up too much fucking room. I only have a couple MP figures as a result.

Honestly, I wish we got more KBB downscales. Not sure what happened to that.
>>
Redpill me on mastermade diablosaurus Rex, just ordered him. Also considering Apollo so he has a nigger to fight. I'm actually most pumped about the base modes with these guys.
>>
>>7037059
But do they still hold up as individuals?
>>
>>7037071
>Also considering Apollo so he has a nigger to fight
Apollo's pretty cool, but I feel the addon head adds a lot to him. Unfortunately, it's basically an extra $40 bux atop the base price just for that little bust+addon kit, and the hoses on the addon bits are gonna rot away. Mine lasted 6 months, if that, and I don't even live in a humid climate that would make them rot.
>>
>>7037071
He's got about 5 pairs of modular weaponry, metal shoes that keep him standing in place, large and satisfying ball-jointed segments, and just looks like an overall badass. And of course you're going to need Apollo or Titan to go against him.

>>7037070
Well KBB are finally going to be putting out 10V's trailer.
>>
>>7035176
What were Rouge QC issues? I've only heard of people bitching about the engineering.
>>
>>7036057
Just buy Shockwave KO and IT Megatron.
>>
>>7034607
>blah blah movie hate
the movie designs were fine, at least for the first three movies, before they decided to give up on stuff the toymakers could even hope to do well in a massmarket-friendly form.

>>7034829
yeah this is a retarded analogy because there was nothing wrong with the movie designs beyond "it's attached to mikey mcsplosions bay so I have to hate it blindly". the movies themselves, yeah, they sucked, but the designs themselves were fine.

>and now for the "PUSH BUMBLEBEE HARDER!" movie they're making visible face syndrome canon
>and lol ebin rickroll maymays and HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA and other dumb shit
>and no bay to blame anymore
what will you fags come up with as the new insult for it not being geewun enough, I wonder.

>>7035428
but for that to work worth a damn people would have to know what armada prime's pre-earth altmode was like. I mean shit, I'd like to have a toy for that, but I don't remember seeing anything to work with. remember the last time 3P guys went and guessed about an altmode?
>>
>>7036487
>>7037021
Damn, these are impressive as fuck. The TE one looks so clean and right in both mode and that movie Prime is so bulky and accurate... I almost preordered Challenger this weekend, I'm glad I didn't. I hope the truck mode is good too.
>>
>>7037224
For Prime, I'm mostly going for the articulation since the truck mode's not as good as his first trilogy truck. This new one is just BEEFCAKE.
>>
>>7037218
>blah blah movie hate
You missed my point. The movies built up general fan resentment over ten years and now we're seeing the snap-back overextend into traditional territory.
>>
>>7036492
Those windshield wipers are the kind of ingenuity I'd expect from Takara if they were doing a V3 like, a year ago.

Its just the most clever and basic shit
>>
>>7037235
That falls at NOTMUH's which a new generation of fans are now into TFs at a monkey's paw of having the movies be so terribly done it became a decade-long meme for the franchise (and not in the best way). There are fans of the designs and some of the movies like myself but there was damage done. However I'm not exactly a fan of Hasbro deciding to milk the G1 designs dry with the example of having two-five new G1-based OP molds starting with CW.
Starting to miss the old Generations/Universe lines but here we are between price markups!=toy quality and 3Ps gaining the advantage and the following.
>>
Thoughts?
>>
The bonuses
>>
>>7037218
>yeah this is a retarded analogy because there was nothing wrong with the movie designs beyond "it's attached to mikey mcsplosions bay so I have to hate it blindly". the movies themselves, yeah, they sucked, but the designs themselves were fine.
The designs were one of the worst parts. They're overly busy, nonsensical clusterfucks by retards who wanted them to look "realistic", when nothing about those designs is realistic. Protip: When you design machinery, you don't fucking want all sorts of random bits and open shit on it, because shit gets in there and gums up the works. Doubly so if it's supposed to be an interstellar war robot. The designs were shit, literally AIDS for the eyes. The movies also being shit was just the turd icing on the ass shaped cake.
>>
>>7037365
I think the PPT ones were a bit too big for Reflector dudes, who are supposed to be shorter than most 'bots, not Bumblebee sized, but the shorter end of the medium 'bots, like the car dudes like Prowl. PPT also gives you more sniper attachments, at the cost of having a shittier way of storing everything, from the reviews. But the MFT comes with extra guns in general. I hope the pegs on these for the guns are 5mm though, it's a bit annoying that the MFT upsizes don't "correct" the hand holes/pegs to match 5mm like most Legends class figures have.

I think I prefer the MFT just because they're supposed to be a bit smaller than the PPT.
>>
>>7037257
If you are considering CW Optimus as G1 based, then you're basically including any Optimus Prime that turns into a truck. I don't remember G1 Optimus having massive gorilla proportions and a pinhead.
>>
File: 1516698644467.jpg (79 KB, 800x1229)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>7037395
Dreamwave Optimus.
>>
>>7037387
>I have no idea what I'm saying: the post.
>>
>>7037399
Yes anon, thats why we design our vehicles without any coverings, so dust and grim can get inside of them.
>>
>>7037401
Our vehicles aren't fucking alien lifeforms you don't know shit about you freaking retard.
>>
>>7037413
>being this retarded
Then again, you do like Bayformers, so I guess that goes hand in hand.
>>
>>7037416
Wow, what an argument. Eat shit and die miserable retard.
>>
>>7037387
I like some of the designs. Optimus's design in the first few is solid, Starscream's is solid, I like Sentinel's too even if the facial hair bits look even weirder on those kinds of designs.

There are designs that are certainly a mess but I've never felt the designs were anywhere near the worst of the movies' sins.
>>
File: Rotf-starscream-1.jpg (229 KB, 1024x838)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>7037399
>>7037218
Meanwhile nobody in the theater knew who the fuck this was supposed to be until Megatron shouted his name.

How is it that the cartoons can constantly push out different kinds of redesigns while making them recognizable, but a multi-million dollar Hollywood budget can't even get something as simple as his typical color pallet right?
>>
>>7037021
>>7037026
All these amazingly engineered Prime4 designs make me so sad, because they're trying super hard to perfectly engineer a figure that can really only ever be a glorified shell-former, because Prime's robot mode bears next to no relation to the vehicle mode.
These are all amazing figures of a character design that is horrible.

I mean, say what you will about Prime 1-3, he may not have been as **aesthetic**, but at least you could tell he turned into a truck.
>>
>>7037425
>Prime's robot mode bears next to no relation to the vehicle mode.
For a second I thought you were talking about G1 Optimus and the V3 OP.

AoE Prime is a cool robot design, but a bad transformer design for that reason. Apparently there's some early concept arts of him that have more vehicle-ey parts tacked on, like there were wheels on the back of his thighs and the shoulder plates were shaped more like the truck's roof.
>>
here’s something that I always thought of:
Can any of the transformer trains fit on model train rails?
>>
>>7037421
>jet fighter
>subtitles during cybertronian dialogues clearly mention its name
People knew, that was just you, slow anon.
>>
>>7037436
Except he was in scene before his name was dropped.

You can have shit tastes, but have them somewhere else. I hear Reddit's always looking for losers like you who enjoy Bayformers.
>>
>>7037443
>confirming he's the only idiot who didn't recognize Starscream immediately
>b-but r-redit
This is getting awkward anon.
>>
File: 1445414740088.jpg (1.43 MB, 1988x3056)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>7037395
That's the thing. It's IDW-G1 which is just an updated but still 80% G1-inspired, released annually with different molds. Every other generation of Primes have a different style to them save for the color scheme but the recent OP toy designs are just way too milked
>>
>>7037433
Dunno about mainline Transformers and 3p but Takara Tomy has a transforming train robot series called Shinkalion and it's compatible with their Plarail train sets.
It has an ongoing anime, check out
>>>/m/16616536
>>
File: Starscream.jpg (563 KB, 1024x825)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
>>7037443
>>7037421

If you said Barricade, Blackoout or Bonecrusher, I would've agreed. You're forgetting that Starscream is literally the only non-main antagonist Decepticon whose name was repeated in three movies. THREE. In english no doubt. Even TF1 spelled it out in subtitles.
>>
>>7037479
Speaking of those three, besides all the shit the movies have introduced to the world, I will always appreciate the characters they introduced into Transformers mythos like barricade and blackout.

Sure the names technically existed before, but that's the only similarity. I hope we see decepticop barricade and helicopter blackout in more series to come as they are a lot of fun.

I love when new nonG1 characters become popular enough that they show up in more than one series. Never expected to see Lockdown, an Animated creation, to show up as the villain in TF4 for example.

For all the unanimous hate a good number of people have for everything about the movies, they have positively contributed to Transformers. Whether the positive is enough to outweigh or outlast the negatives is a separate matter.
>>
File: DSC_0109_zpsto4zfuja.jpg (177 KB, 680x1024)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>7037492
I'll always have a thing for bobba fetts. Barricade, HUNK, TR8R, minor Autobots and Decepticons in the background and even meme ones like Steve.

On the side note, Barricade is probably the best most obscure example, winning Transformer Hall of Fame at one point, 2nd place in a TLK character poll, being the only Decepticon to survive the entire series without being killed or resurrected, being the first official MPM Decepticon (no Starscream, you don't count) and practically no one outside of the movieverse fandom knows of him other than "the black cop with the cool front row transformation scene in the first movie". But yeah I only fell in love with him twice, the first in his DS video game and the second with "his" G1-IDW trilogy.
>>
>>7037504
I'm still holding out hope for a proper 3rd party MPM TLK barricade.

Would love to have both designs.
>>
File: 20180705_193800.jpg (118 KB, 1778x1000)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>7037392
>MFT just because they're supposed to be a bit smaller than the PPT.
I'm starting to doubt this. PPT said theirs is 10.5 cm but measuring it myself it's closer to 10 cm. If MFT's ones are 9.5cm it's not that big of a difference.

The only thing that seems better about MFT's is that their corners are more rounded. PPT's have sharp corners that makes transforming difficult and painful on the hands.
>>
>>7037446
Not him, but explain to me how someone in 2007 with no merch or behind-the-scenes knowledge could look at that big, beige, bugheaded gorilla with digigrade legs and say, "Yep, that's Starscream alright!"

And don't say "because he's the jet" because there's plenty of jets in Transformers and the first movie had several unguessable vehicle-to-character combos.
>>
>>7037520
Megatron, the subtitles and Ironhide says his name in the movie while he's in the same scene. Toys around the isle spells out his name.
>>
>>7037520
Same could be said for the others, too. Only one with immediately recognizable characteristics is Optimus. Even bumblebee could have been Hot Shot or someone else.

A lack of G1 characteristics isn't always necessarily a negative. Not a positive either, just different.
>>
>>7037224
>>7037226
>>7037425
Vehicle mode
>>
>>7037021
>>7037524
He is just BEEF in both modes. Damn it I was going to go with Unique Toys but now I have to see what's up with this guy.
>>
>>7037021
>>7037026
Those forearms look like they can crush heads.

Imposing/10
>>
File: 1452175731075.jpg (9 KB, 289x166)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>7037524
>windshields traded for Big Rigs THICKNESS
>>
File: nEd9LV.jpg (378 KB, 1080x1349)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>>7037021
Damn. He wasn't even that beefy.
>>
>>7037520
>Asks for an explanation
>"B-But you can't say because he's the jet when the lore has lots of jets! Ha, gotcha! Tehehe!"
>Forgetting Starscream has always been the first and most memorable to come to mind whenever you ask a fan about jet transformers.
>>
File: 1393788964534.jpg (93 KB, 280x268)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>7037539
>Not Skywarp
>>
>>7037524
Wait it actually fucking transforms? Jesus fuck.

I'm not 100% on it just because the vehicle is so fat looking but damn it's impressive. If it winds up good I'll get over it.
>>
>>7037541
>Starscream dipped in tar
The seekers have always been lumped together as such because they are all under Starscream
>>
>>7037524
Who needs to see out the cabin when you can just run it over
>>
File: UN_LD_SIZE.jpg (82 KB, 960x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>7037543
This is the third 3P Knight Prime and they all transform. At this point I'm not even surprised, just excited now that movieshit is coming out for 3P. I mean if Lockdown, the bot with the least amount of car kibble just behind Galvatron, had a 3P where he's screen accurate, size-changes and transforms into a Lambo that is in scale with MPM Bee, then shit, all things are possible.
>>
File: 3d1.jpg (180 KB, 680x1062)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>7037551
True Murderprime fashion.
>>
>>7037524
Guys guys

The fat tires are fucking sexy.
>>
>>7037553
Peru Kill might be the only reason I go for UT's OP over Toy World's BEEFtimus Prime.

Consistency appeases my collector autism.
>>
File: 1394906565945.png (82 KB, 212x223)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>Magic Square G1 Prime looking amazing in everything
>Toyworld Beef Movie Prime snagging the Murderprime look without being edgy

Who knew 2018's gonna make me shell out 200 bucks for Optimus Primes that are worlds apart.
>>
>>7037568
>Both pics in threads are compared with MPM Bee
kek, also the absolute unit of OP is amazing. Shame it doesn't scale with Lockdown but I think it's proper given the "style".
>>
>>7037553
I dunno, this one just looks way fucking better for some reason, I expected it to just not transform.
>>
>>7037577
The V3 is laughable, and Magic Square's OP looks pretty nice, but the Transform Element OP is making my MP10 a little nervous right now.

If Transform Element's OP turns out good then my MP10 is fucked.
>>
>>7037583
It really does and the sheer chunk and proportions are incredible, even if not too accurate. He looks like one motherfucker you don't want to upset.

If he is the same height as Challenger with similar articulation and no outstanding issues I will have to pick him.
>>
>>7037590
The only beef I have with TE is the windshield size. Other than that, solid competition for MS.
>>
>>7037590
I am not willing to count out V3 just yet, only since there is so little photos/info beyond the grainy grey proto pics.
>>
>>7037598
The peek at his back looks awful from that angle.
>>
>>7037590
My MP 10 will never be in danger as long as all the opposition continues to not paint the shin vents. Fuck accuracy, it looks bland.

Anyway I already pretty much replaced my MP 10 with FH Gunfighter.
>>
>>7037599
I excused MP36 so I have to see him in completion first. That hinge does make me sweat, though.
>>
>>7037596
It does look a bit bug-eyed as a truck, but the windows are perfect for the robot mode.

>>7037598
V3 has a big dealbreaker for me to overcome and it's the chest hinges for the windows to open. They made no effort to hide those or clean them up and that's on the FRONT of the figure.
>>
File: PUFFY.png (23 KB, 137x105)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>
>>7037610
L-lewd...
>>
File: Trigger warning Gore.jpg (221 KB, 2048x1536)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>7037602
My Hasbro MP-10 had this happen.

V3 isn't doing it for me, I'm glad a couple of 3p companies are stepping up to the plate. I don't want to pay aftermarket price for a Hasbro MP-10 again.
>>
File: oh the humanity.jpg (220 KB, 2048x1536)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>7037646
>>
>>7037646
>>7037647

Worse than liveleak
>>
>>7037521
>Megatron, the subtitles and Ironhide says his name in the movie while he's in the same scene.
Yeah, but this guy's ragging on the other guy for not immediately recognizing Starscream before the scene where he gets namecalled. A Starscream that looks nothing like Starscream.
>Toys around the isle spells out his name.
I said
>with no merch or behind-the-scenes knowledge
because we're talking strictly about how recognizable movie Starscream was as Starscream in the first movie.
>A lack of G1 characteristics isn't always necessarily a negative. Not a positive either, just different.
I agree, but I think a problem with Bay's stuff was that it used almost nothing from the namesake property, while taking much more inspiration from 80's scifi horror movies that had been borrowed from to death for the previous two decades. Someone tells you "They're making a Transformers movie" and you get excited, but then you actually watch it and it's nothing you loved about the franchise, padded out with a garbage, cliche script and US military masturbation.

And then it dragged on for ten years.
>>7037539
Thundercracker, Skywarp, Jetfire. Could've used another random name like Blackout, Barricade, Bonecrusher, and '07 "Devastator" did.
>>
>>7037655
>US military masturbation
I don't know how I managed to block this aspect out of my head. I understand showing off some shit since they really wanted.legit military vehicles and shit on the set but bay's focus on it is ridiculous.

I also will always hate the concept of humans getting the upper hand on Cybertronians, who have been fighting for millions of years. And of course this becomes the primary issue in newer movies. Dark of the moon and transformers one carried it best, beyond the humans singlehandedly killing some. Humans get caught up in the war and get fucked over as Autobots stop shit. I don't want to see a bunch of military meatheads shooting and killing everything with their weapons only barely developed over a few years.

I am still very salty over Devastator, more than I should be over something from such a bad movie.
>>
File: DCrKz5pVwAAyOVv.jpg (242 KB, 1082x1082)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>7035049
>ultimately, the MP Megatron scene still fucking sucks and has no good options
Fans Hobby is working on it. Patience.
>>
>>7037703
Can't wait for its release in 2030!
>>
>>7034134
>that beautiful engineering
>still make chrome parts as the bottom of the feet

monkey's paw
>>
>>7037686
Ugh this aspect of the movies bothered me the most. I didn't mind it so much in the first one since I can imagine that it would take a lot just to bring one down. I think there was a throwaway line acknowledging that Cybertronians are living metal and that alone should be some mindblowing shit.

Also that in the later movies Transformers had Stormtrooper tier aiming
>>
>>7037703
I guess I should have clarified that the G1 MP Megatron scene still sucks, though the G2 MP Megatron scene is still nonexistent.

It feels like it has been forever since they first teased G2 Megs and it's killing me that they haven't shown anything else since. When are they actually gonna reveal it? Any chance it could finally happen this weekend at TFCon?
>>
>>7037655
Did you also think Optimus was Hot Spot at first? You're a goddam moron.
>>
>>7037226
>This new one is just BEEFCAKE
I honestly hate his truck mode in the fourth and fifth movies because it looks like a giant toy. I fully believe that there are trucks like that IRL (hell, we know there's at least one because it's not like the truck on screen wasn't an actual functional vehicle) but they're few and far between because they're designed primarily as a novelty vehicle, meant more for show than actual function. It seems ill-fitting to give a character like Optimus Prime what basically looks like a life sized Hot Wheels for an alt mode. Prime isn't the type to go for something so flashy and bombastic. I also honestly don't really care for his knight form bot mode either because aesthetically, it goes against what makes a Transformer a Transformer. It goes out of its way to remove almost every trace of the alt mode from the bot mode, with the only visible piece being the smoke stacks. It just ends up looking more like a generic robot you'd see in Pacific Rim or something more than a Transformer. Compare it to his appearance from the first three movies (and his evasion mode from the fourth) where he has evidence of his alt mode everywhere yet still tucked neatly in to not get in the way as kibble. It was still very much the Bayverse aesthetic but it was at least clearly recognizable as a robot that turns into a truck and as such, is a much better design. I still disagree with the flames for the same reasons I mentioned above regarding his new alt mode, but the truck itself and the robot it turns into are so much better looking than knight Prime if you ask me.
>>
>>7037756
>did you think the red and blue truck that turned into a red and blue robot with chest windows was anything other than Optimus?
Way to miss the point.
>>
>>7037753
>It feels like it has been forever since they first teased G2 Megs and it's killing me that they haven't shown anything else since. When are they actually gonna reveal it?
Probably gonna be a while. I recall the wait for their earlier releases being excruciatingly long.
>>
>things you didn't know you needed
>>
>>7037824
Give me season 1 colored drago Megs NOW
>>
>>7037824
>>7037832
This an edit, or an actual recolor of the upcoming toy?

If the former, there an edit for Cryotek's colors?
>>
>>7037842
text on the pic sez "digibash". It's a codeword for twice transsexual prostitutes in the sex trade.
>>
>>7037807
>I can only recognize things because of the colors
Kill yourself. For real.
>>
>>7037475
Because those are the character's designs. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that. That is what they're supposed to look like, and any potential redesigns are supposed to evoke that image. Think of the base G1 designs like a superhero costume, or Mickey Mouse, or literally any other popular fictional character. They usually don't get fully redesigned, they get updates to modernize them a bit, while trying to keep certain elements that render them identifiable. Yet merch with the oldest designs still stick around-You can find tons of Spiderman's with the original webbing "wings" under the arms, you can find plenty of Steamboat Willy Mickey Mouse's, etc.
>>
>>7037918
Nah I mean there are other OP designs besides the flat truck we're used to seeing and there's hardly new toys of that. The last variation aside from the movie ones that Hastak released was that deluxe Orion Pax, and that turned out to be a fun figure that strayed a bit from the usual OP-based design but only because that was pre-OP. There's
>>
>>7037655
Dude, you're like the only dumbass in the world who didn't immediately think "that's Starscream!". Stop arguing, no matter what you'll say, you'll always be wrong.
>>
>>
>>7037938
To be fair, the only reason I thought it was Starscream was because why the fuck else would they use anyone but the standard G1 mainstays in the first movie adaptation? If they had called him Ramjet instead it wouldn't have made a lick of fucking difference. Movie Starscream and G1 Starscream having literally nothing in common, design wise, besides being a fucking jet.
>>
File: wBuyBEf[1].jpg (174 KB, 1328x1786)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
dx9
>>
>>7037972
Menasor is such a lazy fucking combiner in design that it makes me wonder how anyone can be excited for the combiner mode.
>>
>>7037979
It's only lazy if they used that design from SOME shots of the cartoon. In others his cars became the limbs.

Also Menasor is apparently difficult for 3P's to do given they've never done a good version of him yet.
>>
>>7037979
Cartoon fags aren't interested in concept, execution or inherent quality. They just want a thing that looks like the thing from when they were kids.
>>
>>7037979
Definitely least favorite combiner in fiction and toy. For a guy who's supposed to be menacing, he looks goofy in comparison to valiant Superion or towering Devastator. Bruticus manages to be good despite having multiple colored limbs.
>>
>>7037824
Looks pretty good. Almost makes me wish he looked like this in the old cartoon.

When is this figure coming out anyway? PE has gone silent on it. You'd think they'd be hyping it up even more since Takara is releasing so many pics of their BW Megatron.
>>
File: UT Prime4.webm (2.86 MB, 480x852)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
SWEAT
>>
File: omega[1].jpg (251 KB, 500x256)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>7037992
i find monstructor more menacing
>>
File: 1352707216119.png (104 KB, 250x250)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>7038009
>chrome parts ending up on the bottom of the feet
>>
>>7038009
Someone who knows what they are doing makes these transformations look so much easier tan a majority of clusterfuck reviewers.
>>
File: 1500448596953.png (880 KB, 608x1306)
880 KB
880 KB PNG
>>7038009
>chrome parts
>ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FUCKING FEET
There can be no punishment in heaven or hell greater than what they deserve for that.
>>
>>7038009
>watching vid
>immediately notice chrome on bottom of the feet and cringe a little
>close vid
>see >>7038027 and >>7038060

Glad I'm not alone
>>
File: 1509873989500.jpg (257 KB, 748x944)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
Ha haaa time to play with the figure I just recie-Oh.
>>
>>7038136
ow, is this the og or the ko?
>>
File: 1500649771859.jpg (473 KB, 1308x1350)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>7038136
>>7038150
This is the OG. I do own the KO, liked it enough I'd decided to hunt down the original. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm now out the cash I spent on it, unless I can repair it. The mushroom peg "cap" twisted right off when turning the arm for the first time. Didn't even really feel like it was going to break either. It was hell to dislodge the cap itself from the joint after, guessing it was just too tight.

Thinking I MIGHT be able to repair it with some plastic cement, since that just melts parts back together, the problem is I'm not sure if I can find any place that sells that sort of stuff in my area. Pic related, poor Sixshot re-enacts Saving Private Ryan.
>>
>>7038060
Only time will tell, but it can be done well. Buster OP from ROTF has chrome on the bottom of his feet and it's lasted nearly a decade with no issues for me.
>>
>>7038162
Whether you use plastic cement or super glue, I think you'll need to pin it. The glued joint alone isn't going to be strong enough.
>>
>>7038167
I have no idea how to pin things. Super glue would definitely not work. But plastic cement wouldn't be strong enough? It literally melts plastic back together, shouldn't that be just as strong as a non-broken joint?
>>
>>7038176
Not him, but it probably reinforces the already fraj8le/ broken joint
>>
>>7038176
I think with plastic cement, it melts it together but the resulting connection is still going to be weaker than what it was when it was all one piece.

As for pinning, it's not too difficult. You'll need a pin vice to drill both parts as well as a tiny metal rod that is the same width as the bit you used to drill the holes. Clip the rod to an appropriate length, insert it into one of the holes, put a dab on glue/cement on the piece, and then connect the second piece.

Found a link with pics and a more thorough write-up to describe the process.
http://figurefixer.blogspot.com/2012/08/generic-action-figure-repairs-two.html
>>
>>7038213
Ah, hell. I have none of the stuff for that. No drills, and certainly not in a size that small. I don't even think I've got even any paperclips anywhere to work as a wire.
>>
>>7038136
I say customize it. What's done is done, any repair isn't going to be as strong as the original joint. Which I guess wasn't that strong in the first place. Besides, you already have the MFT version
>>
>>7038233
Funny part is I've never had an IF thing break on me before outside of Starscream's knee, which was a known issue before I got the figure and got it from a place I knew I could get replacement parts from if I needed. Unfortunately, that is not the case with Sixshot here, and my poorfag ass is out the dosh I spent on him, so I'll try to effect a repair as best as I can. If it doesn't hold, then uh...I guess he'll become "battle damage" Sixshot.
>>
>>7038217
Pin vices are pretty cheap. You can get one off Amazon for like $12 or less, depending on which one you order.
>>
File: 1522693825076.jpg (516 KB, 1396x976)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
>>7038253
I'll have to take a look around then. In any event, Sixshot wasn't the only thing I got, just the thing I was looking forward to the most. I also got a space gangster, which completes my P6 trio. Or would, if Sixshot had both of his arms.
>>
>>7038270
Red Joe Pesci is eh pretty cool guy, he flies around and doesn't afraid on anything.
>>
File: 1505611974874.jpg (335 KB, 1016x910)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
>>7038348
And I'm a retard who forgets to attach the picture.
>>
>>7038009
>truck grill are the undersides of the feet

why do so many murderprimes do this fuck
>>
File: 1509705603694.jpg (527 KB, 1362x1080)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>Trust me, I do auto work on the side, we'll get that thing welded right back on
>>
>>7036578
Same, Challenger looks too scrawny and weak. This is much better looking!
>>
>>7037365
Looks pretty good, anyone know if MFT's weapons can be used by official toys? Also, how big are these going to be?
>>
>>7038621
I've got the upsized Overlord and upsized Sixshot, and their weapon handles are way too big for other figures. So it seems when they upsize things, it's just purely to match the figure it comes with, they don't bother to re-tool the hands/pegs to remain 5mm.
>>
>>7038547

I could fix that guy for you in a skinny minute. Pity we're all in cyberland instead of next door.
>>
>>7038648
How would you fix it? If you detail it I can at least try to ape it and probably come out with a disaster but at least I can then say I tried.
>>
>>7038663

It would help to see the part in person, as I do not have the figure, but if it's a standard mushroom cap peg I'd drill a small hole through the head of the mushroom and another hole of the same diameter into the neck of the peg. Then I'd use either a piece of metal or rigid plastic to be the support through and the two pieces. Bond that summagun with glue, let it set up until fully cured, and fixed.
>>
>>7038136
>>7038162
Man that's the worst kind of thing that can happen. That's not even the kind of thing quality control would find it's just "oh there's a swirl/bubble inside the plastic at this specific spot that's gonna be twisting a lot fucking RIP"
>>
File: hippie.jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
So badcube just teased everyone fav hippie.
>>
>>7038721
That was mean of them. Don't bully Beachcomber.
>>
>>7038697
Would you use superglue inside of the hole where the support pin is going, or some other type of glue? Since my current idea (whenever I get the stuff needed) is to put a bit of paperclip in both, a bit of superglue in the hole with the pin, and then use plastic cement where the "cap" of the mushroom peg is going to join the broken off peg piece.
>>
File: nailfemur.jpg (20 KB, 518x310)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>7038808

Yeah. I'd use super glue personally, but your idea could work as well... just as long as there is an internal support-- kinda like a rod inside a broken bone-- through the neck of the peg and into the cap of the mushroom. I never had much success with plastic cement as far as strength and durability goes, but the rod would help with that.
>>
>>7038835
My biggest concern is the mushroom cap itself was stuck into the joint pretty damn hard. Took me a solid half an hour before I managed to pry it out. Scraped at the inside of the cap "holder" point (the thingy that the cap goes inside of) thinking perhaps something was mismolded enough to "catch" on the inside and wrench the arm right off. Hopefully I shaved enough out where it won't break but also will still be tight enough.

Guess I'll find out whenever I can get all of the shit I need and try.
>>
>>7038852

Man... I wish I could just fix it for you, man. There are all kinds of contingencies for each situation that you run across, and having the right tools really helps. If you want me to take a swing at fixing him, let me know... I wouldn't mind a bit.
>>
File: 1527766877037.jpg (469 KB, 956x902)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>7038859
It's only logical I try to get the proper tools and learn to fix it myself.
>>
>>7038938

Awesome! That's the best way to do it. My suggestion is to try out stuff on random junker toys you don't really care about (or pick up some crappy dollar store action figures to act as guinea pigs)... see what works best for what you need to do. Don't go in dry on the figure you want to fix.

BTW: Love that Shockwave. I have the MFT version heading to me in the mail ATM.
>>
>>7038962

Oh, yeah... one more thing: one of the best investments you can make is a Dremmel tool. Those things are life savers.
>>
File: 1381304267510.gif (220 KB, 250x250)
220 KB
220 KB GIF
>>7038938
this is a beautiful picture
>>
>>7038136
>>7038162
I'm not 100% sure how you broke it, but it seems using a metal pin would solve it
Here is the basic concept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgLkxWcehAQ
>>
File: 692018215820.jpg (90 KB, 780x800)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Would it be worth getting DX9s if I already have MFTs? I like his cassettes more.
>>
File: 1526275905602.jpg (539 KB, 1656x708)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>7038991
I'm not sure either. I turned it, and...Snap. Off it came. Given how hard it was to extricate the mushroom peg top from the thing though, I think it was mismolded and stuck in. It took serious pressure to get it out, so I'm thinking maybe when it was shoved in at the factory it damaged it maybe, or...Something. Shit. I dunno. Never had an arm just fall off with one turn like that. Hell, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention and hamhanded it. Really the only person to blame here is myself, after all.

>>7038983
>>7038962
Shockwave is a photogenic boi.
>>
>>7039111
>maybe I wasn't paying enough attention and hamhanded
You'd have to be one beefy fellow to hamhand something so casually at what is usually expected to be a pretty durable part of the toy. It's plastic not tissue paper. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. I'm sure it was just a quality issue.
>>
>>7038808
I would glue the broken pieces together first then drill through both of them. No need mess with aligning the holes this way.
>>
>>7039062
I have Dx9, and most versions of the bigger one. Totally worth it. The cassettes are amazing and I liked the different leg transformation they went with.
>>
>>7038721
They didn't. The pic with the beach wasn't the pic they planned to upload. What they did tease (and just fully revealed today) is their new original line called "Natures" (which looks like shit and will be dropped after 3 releases).
>>
>>7038162
A friend had this happen and I repaired it for him.
Sand the peg and stem, drill through the middle and pin it, superglue the pin, leave overnight to dry. Coat-hanger wire is perfect thickness. You're gonna need a steady hand and really fine drill bit though.
>>
Has Magic Square actually released anything besides 3D renders yet?
>>
>>7039483
yeah inferno and grapple came out last month
>>
EVERYBODY, GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND! NOBODY MOVE!

I'M GOING TO PUT A BULLET IN YOUR SKULLS UNLESS SOMEONE GIVES ME A LIST OF A GOOD 3RD PARTY MP SOUNDWAVES, AND ANSWERS >>7036057
>>
>>7039659
There aren't any. Well, there was going to be one, but the official MP was announced right after its teaser and the company cancelled it.
>>
>>7039665
>There aren't any
But everyone will do a different G1 Megatron and a dozen variations on Shockwave? What the fuck?
>>
>>7039671
Those were made before the official MPs were announced.
>>
>>7039671
Official Soundwave is good. That's what happened.
As for your other post, Sovereign is the only one you should buy out of these four. The rest is either shitty or outdated. Do what that other anon said and buy SW and Meg KOs. Starscream doesn't have a good MP figure yet, it's bound to happen but you'll have to wait for now or settle for a terrible toy.
>>
>>7039671
Megatrons came out before Takara announced theirs. Shockwave came out before the official. Soundwave was announced, and then the official was, and this was back when third parties were still more expensive than the official release, so it did make releasing one as competition pointless. Nowadays they are cheaper than the official product, so there's room in the market for three MP Optimus Primes in addition to Takaras.
>>
>>7039735
>Meteor and Despotron
>shitty
I mean, Fans Toys' Quakewave, sure, but there's literally nothing wrong with either of those two -- with the exception of Depotron being just a little too chunky.
>>
>>7039659
Everyone seems content with the MP.

It's not the worst but it's been showing its age for a while. I think its double elbow joints are basically the only thing keeping people from begging for a V2.

Personally I want new cassettebots. The current ones are way too flimsy and frail. I wish they'd just drop the 1:1 cassette size and just make them like double thickness or something so they could actually function as figures and not shatter if you look at them.
>>
>>
>>7039773
That the MFT, PPT, or a new KO one?
>>
>>7039788
PPT's, date and price TBA
>>
>>7039795
PPT's is already out though. You can get it off ebay or...Well, probably other places too.
>>
>>7039804
Yeah but >>7039773 is the diaclone-ish deco
>>
>thinking Cygnus is taking a long-ass time getting here
>start to get impatient and go look at my tracking
>can't find it in my emails
>check the site I ordered from
>I never ordered the fucking thing

I swear I must have hallucinated ordering this thing and thought he was on the way for like a month

Anyway yea. Cygnus is a good little man but if you ask me he really just doesn't have the same "presence" that ole Skycrusher here does.
>>
Basically the only thing I don't like about him is how his gun completes the jet mode, since it fills out some hollow spaces and has the front landing gear on it.

A transformer like this with like 20 guns built in doesn't need one for his hands if you ask me, but I'll deal with it.
>>
Currently 10/11 for seekers, if only they'd remember Shrike's Feather exists I'd be done with the little plane men
>>
>>7039866
You're missing the Gobot one.
>>
>>7039768
nothing is really wrong with the MP Soundwave mold, his hips look a little weird, but he has all of the articulation the character needs. He was a stoic standing soldier, he has no need for an ab crunch, he has no need for forward tilt wrist joints to hold swords. If anything they could retool his details too smooth him out making him more toon accurate, or just a zero effort repaint.
>>
>>7039751

The problems people have with Meteor are
>muh hollow wings on the back of starscream
>muh tiny head
>muh barely noticeable forearm gaps

but no one seemed to care about the lack of real feet on the takara one, or the gaps in the shins where the wheels came out, or the lack of a working waist joint, or a torso not tabbing properly, or awkward fingers, or really unsightly knee joints that broke the sculpt at the slightest bend.

3P collectors are so much more picky and whiny about minimal problems than standard transfags. I hate it. But hey, at least we aren't severely autistic like them.
>>
File: two faggots hugging.jpg (43 KB, 768x512)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>7039894
Hell yeah
>>
File: 1503862363519.jpg (674 KB, 1636x1206)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
>>7039832
>>7039866
Presence is in relation to size though. Put him next to other Legends figures and he's an absolute unit.

Also damn, even I didn't go in for "Hey $50 with nothing extra because fuck you this is an exclusive" greendude. You must really love Seekers.
>>
>>7039912
I'm not even a big seekerfag lol, I just got done in by the BAF

Acid Storm was just completionism.
>>
>>7039860
nevuh enuff dakka, anon.
>>
>>7039894
I think it's more that the official mold came out over 10 fucking years ago, so the level of quality that we expect from an "MP" wasn't quite set in stone. If you were collecting back then, it was still one of the biggest, most complex and nicest-looking robots available and had plenty of articulation for the time, and most people keep that in mind when criticizing it. The biggest problem is that they just milked that mold for way too long.

Personally, I also dislike Meteor's short arms and lack of detail, as well as the tiny head. I've never heard anyone talk about the forearm gaps though, and the hollow wings would be forgiven if the rest of the figure looked better. I think that despite being worse in articulation overall, the Takara version still looks much better in both modes. I don't even care that much about Seekers anyway. Call me when someone makes MP versions of the Decepticon Targetmasters, the superior flying trio.
>>
>>7039943
>Call me when someone makes MP versions of the Decepticon Targetmasters, the superior flying trio.
I'm glad that there are people out there that have superior taste in flying evil robots.
>>
>>7039943
>>7039967
>Targetmasters, the superior flying trio
Pull the other one.
>>
>>7039894
Its not just pickiness, a lot of people have invested over a grand in MP Seekers and while Meteor does a lot of things better, its a huge step to commit to replacing them, plus its not better enough overall to definitely replace the old MPs. And the hollow wings are just unacceptable.
>>
>>7039943
I'd say the best hopes you have for Targetmasters are from Maketoys. Maybe they'll take them up after finishing their Headmasters.
>>
>>7039751
>partsformers that look like shit and fit with nothing
>nothing wrong with them
>>
>>7039993
>partsformers
Is Despotron a partsformer? I don't even know, with all the autism floating around here, there are people that thing weapon storage is partsforming.
>fits with nothing
The fuck are you talking about? Despotron fits perfectly with MP-10. He matches that "stylized G1" look that's clearly G1 but not cartoon accurate, and I love his face sculpt. It makes him look conniving and confident. If I knew nothing about Transformers and you dumped a bunch of toys in front of me, I would immediately pick out Despotron as being the bad guy leader based on his vibrant silver and facial expression alone. Who else could be that smugly maniacal besides a despot?
>>
>>7039987
Found the sunbowfag.
>>
>>7040012
You have to remove the scope to attach to the arm, hence "partsforming"
>>
File: 1500918527699.jpg (291 KB, 872x424)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>7040020
>removing the scope
>partsforming
It even comes off in the short for fucks sake. Thats a whole new tier of autism beyond anything.
>>
>>7040025
In the show I meant. Fuck.
>>
>>7039993
>looks like shit
You've got some bad taste. I'll bet you think Barney Megatron is a 10/10 design.
>>
>>7040025
You CAN remove it = not partsforming
You HAVE TO remove it = partsforming
You're the autist if you can't see the difference.
>>
>>7040012
>2 figures with a completely different style fitting together
Do you eeven aesthetics?
The only Meg matching MP10 is Apollyon. And it's crap.
>>
>>7040071
So what? Just don't own any MP Megatron figure? Is that what you're getting at?
>>
>>7040071
>Do you eeven aesthetics?
They look pretty good to me. If they don't go together, then Takara might as well redo the entire MP line except for Sunstreaker and MP-36.
>>
>>7039894
Your shilling is showing.
>hollow wings
Perfectly valid complaint
>tiny head
Perfectly valid complaint
>but no one seemed to care about the lack of real feet on the takara one
Because you don't like them doesn't make them fake feet.
>or the gaps in the shins where the wheels came out
Most autistic complaint ever.
>or the lack of a working waist joint
Just like Meteor.
>or a torso not tabbing properly
Just like Meteor.
>or awkward fingers
Just like Meteor.
>or really unsightly knee joints that broke the sculpt at the slightest bend
Or Meteor's ridiculously tiny hands, or Meteor's black face, or Meteor's short arms, or Meteor's missile covers and/or waist flaps falling of, or Meteor's shoulders being completely missaligned with the head and legs making him look awkward as fuck as soon as you're not looking at it from the front or not hiding it on purpose, or Meteor's nullrays partsforming like a G1 figure from the 80's when the shitty official MP fixed this like 7 years ago.
The official Starscream is bad but Meteor is factually terrible.
>>
>>7040078
Read the thread or don't participate.
>>
>>7040101
No, no, I've been reading it. You're pretty quick to dismiss every 3rd party Megatron with nitpicking, so it begs the question "why are you even here?"
>>
>>7040095
On a scale of 1-10 how autistic are you?
>>
>>7039894
>>7040095
Not sure what you guys are fighting about, but a Meteor engineering with MP-11 aesthetic and bigger head would be my preferred Starscream. Hell, if Meteor looked like the initial concept art I would have bought it.
>>
>>7040105
>you can't like any 3rd party figure if you don't lie about at least one of the 3rd party MP Megatron being good
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>7040116
>projecting
How original.
>>
>>7040120
Are you? There's plenty more reasons to like the 3rd party Megatrons than to hate them. You're just being autistic because it's not "MUH MP-36"
>>
>>7040122
Dude, if you want to buy a piece of shit and wake up one day and realize you're owning a low tier engineered oversized classics figure, go for it. You won't change the fact all the 3rd party dropped the ball for that character, no matter how hard you wanna hate anything that's made by TT.
>>
Damn that MT Starscream is good meme/troll is so effective.
>>
>>7039659
>>7040122
>>7040128
The true patrician choice here is Dynastron for his dark silver, G1 toy options, and blank chest so you can put a proper Decepticon emblem on him. The official MP is a grey mess and the 3P options look like shit.
>>
>>7040128
At least I'll be able to afford the figures I want. How long until TT jacks up the price for their MPs to $500?

You won't even be able to shitpost with a decent-looking Starscream on your shelf because you'd have to rent out a room in your double-wide to score the next pre-order on BBTS.
>>
>>7040151
My personal bet is the new MP Optimus is going to hit that magical $400 price point. If they're retarded enough to charge over $300 for a literally who to the Japanese like BW Megatron, you can bet the most Sunbow G1 Optimus ever is gonna reach for the stars and be well over that price.
>>
>>7040151
Joking aside, Takara wouldn't hesitate to gouge that high.
>>
New

>>7040342
>>7040342
>>7040342
>>
>>7040118
The things that really turn me off of Meteor are
>how flat and bland the crotch piece is
>missing the turbine nipples (and no, reprolabels will not fix that. Flat stickers are never a solution for a lack of sculpted detail)
>completely blank intakes (again, reprolabels will not fix this)
>the whole figure is overly glossy, making some of the details look too soft and making some of the flatter sections stand out as being even more bland.
>back of the wings looks unfinished in bot mode
>>
>>7040128
>no matter how hard you wanna hate anything that's made by TT.
MP-36 really does suck, though. There's no perfect Megatron, and there probably never will be so long as it has to turn into a gun.
>>
>>7040427
>being this butthurt about TT making a better toy than the 3P Megatrons
It's okay, anon, you're gonna be alright.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.