[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1530927085957.webm (1016 KB, 640x640)
1016 KB
1016 KB WEBM
Discuss any and all JP and JW Toy related content: History, figures, Collection pics, companies, the past, what could have been and what will be or may come to be. Welcome... to Jurassic General.

Old Thread:
>>7031062
Dinosaur General:
>>6998806
>>
So I finally found Lockwood Owen, Claire & Wheatley from amazon earlier tonight. They were like $2.87 above walmart pricing but hey now I don't have to hunt em down.
>>
>>7040902
Alright JP/JW gen, here's a question:
>toy you wanted the most
>toy you like the most

For me, the one I wanted the most was the carnotaurus because I always wanted the one from Lost World but never got it. What's surprised me is the toy I ended up liking the most out of what is a very varied line is the standing attack pack raptor, I have it in three colors already and I want even more. Send help.
>>
>>7040902
I got wheatley yeaterday. I hated TFK but actsully liked him, even though it was obvious i wasnt supposed too. The con is that his bag cant close properly at all, but has sculpted and painted teeth and a pair of pliers when you open in inside so thats awesome. Also the figure looks nothing like the actor so that sucks too.
>>
>>7041200
I think Wheatley works because you can tell Ted Levine is having fun playing an absolute bastard. To me the one that falls flat is Mills, he's supposed to be even more of a bastard than Wheatley but he's too bland and kind of forgettable.
>>
>>7041200
It's possible to like characters who are assholes! That's where we get some of the best villains. The movie also did a fun job of making him basically an inversion of Roland Tembo from TLW, where you think this guy's going to be an affable and talented hunter, but instead he's just a huge mercenary prick and doesn't give a shit whether he gets his trophies fairly or not, but his attitude makes him likable anyway.

Speaking of which, a better Roland figure might be what I want the most from more Legacy humans past JP1.

>>7041233
I agree with all of that. Mills was cute, but he wasn't very memorable outside of the villainry he inflicts.
>>
>>7041184
Since I didn't even know new JP figures were coming out until I just saw them in stores, I ended up buying most of them before I even had time to build up hype or anticipation for any of them, so most of my "I can't wait for x!" feelings came for wave 2.

>toy you wanted the most
Of the ones I want that haven't been released yet, definitely the Spinosaurus. Of the ones that have been released yet, Ankylosaurus by a mile, and I'm pleased as punch that I managed to bag probably the first one to hit the shelves in my area, and it being a pretty great figure to boot.

>toy you like the most
Might be a tie between EC Rex, and the BD Raptor. Basically two of my favorite dinos, and some of their most articulated forms yet! Baryonyx is a close third, being a dino I didn't even know existed until the movie, but I fell in love with it really fast, and the figure's not bad.
>>
>>7040902
This picture still makes me laugh, but also wince since there's been a few stories about broken tails so I'd be nervous about dropping that thing on a hardwood floor.

>>7041184
AP Standing Raptor might be tied with Dimorphadon for me in terms of favorite AP figures. Even though the superior BD Raptor mold exists, AP standing Raptor's still pretty decent and comes in some really nice colors!
>>
>>7041184
>toy you wanted the most
Uhh probably the 1:18 Jeep
>toy you like the most
The submarine
>>
>>7041246
All the broken tails I've heard of were reviews by parents where the kids broke it with rough play. Has anyone been unfortunate enough to it to just actually break easily on them?
>>
>>7041252
Fair enough. Although I felt like I could see it breaking through casual experimentation because the tail segments almost look like they could be rotated completely to be posed differently, but felt like they might break if I actually tried to, so I assumed that's what was happening to other people.
>>
>>7041233
>>7041234

>*Claire confronts Bill about the location of the T-Rex*
>Brontosaurus Bill: "Rexy? Oh wait...was she a big fat dino?"

>"The Indoraptor gives the tooth or else it gets the tranq again."

>Brontosaurus Bill dances in front of a mirror, while applying sunscreen
>"Would you clone me?"
>*Erotically spritzes self with bug repellent*
>"I'd clone me..."
>*Makes kissy face while applying camo-paint*
>"I'd clone me hard!"
>*Goodbye Dinos...*
>>
>>7041233
Exactly, he was so fun to watch and his death scene was great, mills was so forgettable and boring. Wheatley was the only new character i actually liked.
>>7041234
>Speaking of which, a better Roland figure might be what I want the most from more Legacy humans past JP1.
I want hammond more but roland is the one i want the most after him
>>7041263
>buffalo bills actor played wheatley
I DIDNT NEED THIS REVELATION ANON
>>
>>7041263
Kek
>>
>>7040902
what's the consensus on that Indoraptor toy? good?
>>
>>7041413
As far as I can tell, it seems universally liked other than some people really thinking the face and especially teeth sculpt don't match the movie version, but at a glance I can't really tell myself. That, and it seems slightly oversized in scale compared to the other dinos in the line, but that might just be me.

It's articulation is pretty nice(but maybe not mind-blowing), and it definitely looks a lot better when you're posing it compared to how it looks just sitting in the box. It's sliiiightly unstable when on two legs, but actually stands easier than you'd think for a reverse-jointed toy with so many leg joints.

Basically I feel like it's very well worth the cost!
>>
>>7041200
Post pics of inside the bag because I'm never buying it
>>
>>7041413
I think it's amazing. So menacing looking. Great sculpt and paint. Get it mang.
>>
>>7041184
>wanted
Carnotaurus. First one I ordered. Was supposed to get only that one. Shop sent me a stegosaurus by accident. Wanted to return it, but too lazy, so kept it and ordered another carnotaurus. Now I am 20+ figures in, regretting my life choices, still loving the carno the most though.
>like
See above. Carno. But to be honest I really like or love every dinosaur so far in the line, no exception.
>>
>>7041413
Have fun posing it on all fours. I really hope the Indoraptor is a promising sign of more articulated dinos to come from Mattel.
>>
>>7041184
>You wanted the most
Oh, tough choice, was really hyped for the Mattel toyline. I would say the Baryonyx, favorite of mine and the color scheme reminds me the Allosaurus from Dino Crisis 2
Also, the legacy figures since they probably won't come out in Europe

>Like the most
Probably the Indoraptor, he's cool looking, no gimmick, poseable. But honestly I like every single one of them, even the cheap dinos ones like Blue.
>>
So we now have a final version in package pic for Stiggy & Merc story pack, do you think this is wheatley or a variant on the merc?
>>
>>7041707
That ain't Wheatly
>>
>>7041184
>toy you wanted the most
Tie between Baryonyx and Super Colossal Rex. I've been wanting a good Baryonyx toy but no company has ever made one that completely scratched that itch until I saw the Mattel promos. Super Colossal Rex because I wanted a 1/12 T-Rex for a long time now. Heck I almost bought a $300 Japanese model of the JP Rex just because it was 1/12 scale (now I'm glad I didn't).

>toy you like the most
The Allosaurus. I never thought much of it, but having the Roarivore toy inhand made me realize how much I actually liked the dino itself. The fact that Mattel's new toy actually resembles modern interpretations of it is a huge plus. Also I like how dynamic it looks with its pose and general build.
>>
>>7041707
looks like a wheatley repaint to me. The thing is that the repaint looks like the "ingen contractor" mercenary that was in JW1 and JW2 and was played by mickael papajohn (can"t remember him in JW2 though)
>>
>>7041263
Lol
>>
>>7041740

If only they made more super colossals, like a super colossal spinosaurus or brontosaurus, I'd buy a whole set of them.
>>
>>7042091
By the way they're selling, I'd expect one or two new sculpts to pop up.
>>
>>7042091
I’m wishing for a Mosa, maybe even a Carno or a life sized compy
>>
File: Baby Rex Repaint.jpg (1.08 MB, 1080x676)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>7040902
>>
So, now that we have seen the Spino., any idea what the Indominus will look like? now that is one figure i'm seriously looking forward to.
>>
>>7042260
WOW, just WOW.
this is a true piece of art, id love my figure to look this good. amazing work good sir. cheers.
>>
>>7042109
At least one more should be coming. I’m betting we find out at Comic-Con.
>>
>>7042262

No indominus has been announced/leaked apart from the skeleton
>>
>>7042282
That would be sweet
>>
>>7042282

source on at least one more?
>>
>>7042295
A leaker a short while back mentioned another Super Colossal was on the way. No word on the validity of said leak. It could have been false info, I forget exactly what else the leaker mentioned so im not sure if any of it was confirmed or denied.
>>
>>7041681
I also want more "super-posable" dinos, but if you consider the whole line, Mattel has more articulation across the board that ever before, really.
>>
>>7042334
Oh yeah that's right (Raptor neck joint is awesome). But yes, I meant "super articulated" An Indominus Rex/T-Rex set in that style would sweet.
>>
>>7042141
>life size compy

HOLY SHIT! THIS!
>>
>>7042317
It was from the same leaker who leaked all of the accurate info last year.
>>
>>7042426
Where'd you get word on that? Not to be too skeptical, but there wasn't any production photos like their leaks last year
>>
>>7042141
>>7042410
>Super Colossal (life-size) Compy

Make it happen Mattel!
>>
>>7041597
In a few hours i will bud
>>
>was a land toy guy since I was a kid
>never cared for specific environments sets or toys like artic, aquatic or desert
>having the JW sub makes me want to buy more aquatic stuff

Now I fucking NEED a fish tank and some of those sweet animal planet underwater sets. Damn you mattel and your stupid sexy submarine!
>>
I feel lame. Everyone's talking about life size compies and super articulated T-rexes or better Indominus rex toys and all I really want is a large Brachiosaurus and some kind of Parasaurolophus figure and maybe some other Hadrosaurs.
>>
>>7042615
Now that would be incredible.
>>
File: djfj.jpg (151 KB, 872x960)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
What's the most poseable Blue toy?
>>
>>7042433
Check the archive
>>
>>7042141
>>7042410
>>7042454
No!
>>
>>7042624
My vote is on Battle Damage Blue.
>>
>>7042624
Battle Damage
>>
>>7042598
Get em soon man, they're becoming scarce without TRU
>>
>>7041597
>>7042460
Here you go
>>
>>7042615
A super Collosal Brachiosaurus is on everybody's wishlist, and well deserving too. I'd happily sink a paycheck into one of those.
>>
>>7042615
Para is confirmed, and other hadros are being considered. Sauropods sound unlikely but Mattel has pulled through so far, so maybe they'll surprise us.
>>
>>7042295
About 6 weeks ago a leaker here said “Indominus Rex wave 3 along with several new toys that have not been shown, the Volcano Set still will be making stores with Blue, and there will be another Colossal Dinosaur that is not a T-Rex!” others stuff he said was right on so seems very possible. Also I’m about to post a new leak here now.
>>
stego and pteranodon hatch n play coming. hopefully they make some more cause a carno would be cute
>>
>>7042666
sweet! Thank you Satan.
>>
File: RaptorHatchlingMIB1a.jpg (74 KB, 353x504)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>7042739
They're a really good idea and I hope they sell well. Hatchimals are super popular and I can see girls that otherwise wouldn't be interested in dinosaurs wanting baby dinos to hatch and take care of. They also remind me of one of my favorite childhood toys too.
>>
New attack pack (I think) for late 2018 or early 2019:
Dracorex GCR48
Coelurus GCR47
Rhamphorhynchus GCR44

My son used to love the dracorex on Dino Dan haha.
>>
>>7042750
Mmm, please keep rolling out new dinos, Mattel. I love that they are doing less known species rather than 8 million raptor and rex repaints.
>>
Come on Mattel, drop us some of these fuckers and I'll be ecstatic
>>
>>7042739
GameStop & thinkgeek have stocked them already in some locations. Amazon had em in stock earlier today too and may still.
>>
>>7042754
To be fair, if they already made stigymoloch and pachycephalosaurus, its probably not that hard to retool one into dracorex. I imagine the ramphorhynchus is probably a retool of the dimorphodon. Coelurus is probably a new mold but maybe could be a retool of gallimimus based on its body shape.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, a lot of dinosaurs shared similar body shapes just with variations on their head shape and hands/feet, or plates & armor for stegosaurs/ankylosaurs.
>>
>>7042766
Owo whats this?
>>
>>7042750
Holy only
>>
>>7042787
It's probably gonna be a new head mold on the dimorph body for the ramphorynchus, and the other two seem likely that they're new molds entirely.
>>
>>7042628
NOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>7042666
Cool.
That's a nice touch.
>>
>>7042750
Sweet!
>>
Here is our collection so far.
>>
>>7041234
Am I the only one who wants a Nick Van Owen?

I dont mean in a "yeah id get one if they make one", I mean specifically wanting him.

Obvious small accessory would be a camera, but I'm not sure what else for a bigger one.

I would be so fucking down for a two pack with a more accurate color and scale Junior, complete with cast and accurate muzzle.
>>
>>7041956
Man he'd make a really easy Gerry Harding custom wouldnt he?
>>
>>7043023
Neat collection. Are you aiming to buy everything eventually?

My wallet has to thank my autism for not wanting vehicles or humans or any repeats, just one figure per dinosaur species.
>>
>>7043042
Not everything. Kind of like you we didn’t want too many variants but some of em are too cool.
>>
>>7043030
You might be. I never really cared for him as a character, I'm not sure I'd bother getting one if they did make him.
>>
>>7043030
if they make a tembo they could pair the two together
>>
>>7043101
He just seems cool to me. even if his actions caused a lot of problems.
the whole "I'm plan b. I'm a saboteur activist and I'm gonna fuck up the bad guys shit to save the dinos" is pretty cool in my eye.

Also the fact that hes all "hey i brought the baby, we gotta fix its broken leg"
(that scene was hilarious in the lego jurassic world game)
>>
>>7042763
what the fuck is that?
>>
>>7043237
Troodons, from the game (which is considered canon)
Theyve also been in the mobile game and I THINK the lego game, oddly enough?
or am i thinking of herrerasaurus in the lego game..
>>
>>7043023
What is that vehicle besides the sub transporter? Looks preaty neat. Care to review it?
>>
>>7043239
the telltale game is in a weird state of semi canon, there's nothing directly contradicting it aside from gerry's magic moustache but until somebody working on the films says it is, it only maybe is
although the volcano in the game has the same name as the one in the movie so that's a start
>>
theory: extreme chompin rexy doesnt have molded scars to make for buck repaint down the road

or you could also assume its because its JP1 rexy and she simply doesnt have them yet. she is in the legacy line after all.
>>
>>7043250
the guys who did the stuff for the websites talked to the director about a lot of things, and they got the same name in the movie.

I think its less "its not canon til someone working on the films says it is" and more "its canon til something completely contradicts it"

I mean, the volcano name being INTENTIONALLY named after the game is a bit of a clincher for now.
>>
I impatiently wait for Indominus.
>>
File: DZpmLO_W0AIDwWq.jpg (177 KB, 1200x675)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>7043253
I thought it was because the battle damage line is a wal-mart exclusive?
Like if the legacy rex has molded scars, then it's harder to sell this one as a battle damage one just because the scars are painted red.
>>
>>7043285
Im sure the paint was an afterthought.
Plus even with molded scars, i dont think that would stop them from doing fresh fight wounds.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE REST OF THE RAPTOR SQUAD

I DONT CARE IF THEY MAKE THEM LEGACY

They already have a mold of their containment muzzle with Junior. Its the exact same as the one in JW.
>>
>>7043295
Henru Wu gonna start selling bootleg JW toys
>>
>>7043295
Huh I suppose you're right. I'm gonna guess they'll come out alongside the indominus rex.
>>
>>7043295
Right now I'd settle for a good JP1 raptor. There's a few that sooooort of come close (like the gray and brown raptors from the legacy box sets) but not quite.
>>
>>7043302
Is anyone gonna buy one and scar up its eye?
easy custom for the games version of the Big One.

well technically the games version of the big one was just a foot, but i digress.
>>
>>7043302
>>7043295
Honestly I wouldn't get too worried. Chances are, they're saving the desirable repaints for later waves, as movie hype will be gone.
I mean, look at the miracle that is us getting the spinosaurus. If that's something that's on the table, then a brown JP1 reapint is pretty much a given.
>>
>the other three raptor squad
>jp1 raptor
>alpha female

theres five right there and I'm sure I'm forgetting something significant too.

damn damn you guy that pointed out that stripy green raptor from the multipack is pretty much the mural raptor.
Now I want it.
>>
>>7043323
Oooh I forgot about the JP3 female
>>
>>7043323
I also want another shot at the orange raptor.

People got mattal to change the extreme chompins tongue, and thats more than just a repaint, we could get them to make cheeto better damnit.
>>
>>7043317
I'm hoping this is the case, it makes sense to save stuff back so people keep buying after the movie hype is gone and also once they have a few dinosaurs, you gotta get more tempting for someone to buy a third or forth Raptor or whatever.
>>
What do you guys think about the idea of Mattel making dinos based on non movie media?

The green raptor is comic raptor af.

The red herrerasaurus, especially the canceled BD look a lot like the ones in the game.
I havent played Trespasser yet, all I know of is the game having its own rexes, and mattel hasnt been doing anything but rexy for the most part (we are getting a tiny buck though)
Though you could be like me ad think of Cheeto as pulling double duty as lost world and Trespasser raptor.
I mean, literally, the same raptor could be in both.

Im having fun having a shelf that represents the franchise wider than just the movies.
>>
File: raptor2caged.jpg (93 KB, 800x499)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>7043344
Just do a google image search for "jurrasic park comic raptors"
Green raptors fucking everywhere, no matter the artist or era.

I dont even care if its just an accident, I cannot shake the idea that its a comic raptor.
>>
>>7043355
Which one? Arthritis raptor? Or the green jumping one in the legacy pack?
>>
File: Herrerasaurus_(10).png (296 KB, 640x349)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>7043344
I like to think the colors of 2/3 of its toys matching the game, the only movie canon depiction of them, is not an accident.
>>
>>7043362
Attack pack.

The green jumping in the legacy pack appears to actually be based on the visitor center mural.

which is cool as fuck.
>>
>>7043366
On second look it doesnt match as much as I thought. it matches Charlie about as much.
>>
>>7043250
Didn't they nuke Nublar at the end of the game though?
>>
>>7043389
They planned to, but its never shown iirc.
A deleted scene in Lost world mentioned operation clean sweep too. I think we can all just assume it got called off.
>>
>>7043323
>>7043333
On that note I'd like them to just retire the jumping raptor sculpt and use either AP or Destruct sculpt (thought I'll settle for BD) for any variations going forward.
>>
>>7043344
>especially the canceled BD
Which one?
>>
>>7043413
havent messed with the destruct or saw the new pics yet, but ill take jumping over the AP.

>>7043433
on the back of the walmart extreme chompin box is a herrerasaurs battle damage thats red and brown and not the attack pack, or the green bd weve gotten.
its assumed canceled.
>>
>>7043442
>but ill take jumping over the AP.
Not sure why, unless you're thinking about that green raptor AP. I was thinking of the Blue sculpt.
>>
>>7043395
Considering the game said a napalm strike specifically was planned, it's plausible enough they would call it off if there's any doubt about survivors being on the island.
>>
>>7043449
Yeah I'll take jumping over either.
Not as good as the bd, but better than either AP.
I've owned all four sculpts (no destruct) and the BD is best, jumping is second.
I dont know why I would opt for less articulation and paint.
>>
>>7043461
Jumping has those clown feet and restricted leg articulation due to the jumping gimmick. On top of that, the head has the JP3 ridges which don't work for raptors that are meant to be from other movies.
>>
>>7043461
>I dont know why I would opt for less articulation and paint.
Well you'd be paying less for one.
Besides that the jump sculpt has the huge tradeoff of giving you added articulation but saddling you with a horrendous jump feature that severely limits the figure's posture. I don't like the AP sculpt either but the jump figure is still ass.
>>
>>7043469
The price diference is minimal and worth the upgrade.

The better paint and sculpt and articulation in arms and neck is worth gimped legs imo

The neck articulation makes a world of difference for such birdlike cretures. I hate that the jumpings neck isnt as good as the bd, but its better than nothing.
>>
>>7043465
Honestly the clown feet and the snout ridge are the biggest dealbreakers for the jumping raptor for me. I'd be willing to take the limitations imposed by the action feature if the figure didn't look so weird.
>>
>>7043470
>The better paint and sculpt and articulation in arms and neck is worth gimped legs imo
Not to me, especially since it's a sculpt that only works for one specific movie.
>>
>>7043472
True, but I only have two and one of them IS that specific movie.

Its still down a deal killer. it may be specifically the LW snout, but its still a damn good sculpt and ill still take it over all the downsides of the AP.

In a perfect world they would just use the bd without the bd gimmick as their main raptor world.
I think that overall the jumping is superior to the ap, but I get why some may prefer the ap.

at least we ca all agree the green raptor is worst mold
>>
>>7043476
>Its still down a deal killer
*not
not "down" wtf
>>
File: jp3 alpha raptor.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>7043476
>but I only have two and one of them IS that specific movie.
>it may be specifically the LW snout
It's the JP3 snout. Of the two jumping raptors we've gotten, neither of them have been for the right movie.
>>
>>7043497
We've gotten more than two with that sculpt but you're right, none of them have been JP3 raptors.
>>
>>7043497
Ah, youre right. nonetheless, not enough of a deterrent for me. really helps that its so damn crisp of a sculpt.
Well good thatll be even better if they try again with cheeto and hopefully use a different mold then.
Also theres at least four jumping raptors so far.
Youd think if theyre gonna keep doing repaints they would do a middle ground "good paint and articulation but no gimmick" that would be perfect for multipacks.
>>
>>7043506
That seems to be what the destruct-a-saur sculpt could be, I'm hoping they use that sculpt more since it's easily the best build out of the four raptor builds we have.
>>
>>7043509
Basically. They could just leave out the magnet
>>
>>7043442
>on the back of the walmart extreme chompin box is a herrerasaurs battle damage thats red and brown and not the attack pack, or the green bd weve gotten.
>its assumed canceled.
Pretty sure they changed the paint job for the BD to be different from the attack pack
>>
>>7043497
They have this boi coming out and I can't wait. Was he wave 2 or 3?
>>
>>7043543
Thats dumb.
Why not just change the attack pack instead of whats already being advertised?
>>
File: jp3 raptor.jpg (167 KB, 1400x1400)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>7043497
This is the upcoming wave 2 legacy JP3 raptor: https://www.target.com/p/jurassic-world-legacy-collection-velociraptor-f/-/A-52694970
>>
File: rc textron tiger.jpg (201 KB, 1500x1131)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>7043242
Its the RX Textron Tiger vehicle. Fits two human figures in the front cab, drives well (unlike the RC Gyro, that is a joke), looks great and at $24.99 is a pretty good deal. I think a lot of people never realized it fits the human figures. https://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World-Matchbox-Textron-Vehicle/dp/B076Q3Z68Y/
>>
>>7043737
The RC gyro works well with no people in it or the same two figures. Putting just the one that comes with the figure is bullshit
>>
>>7043750
I mean the way it drives is a joke, very poor control, doesn't stop at all.
>>
Updated list of attack pack wave 3:
Dracorex GCR48
Coelurus GCR47
Rhamphorhynchus GCR44
Velociraptor GCR46
Herrerasaurus GCR49
Protoceratops GCR45
>>
>>7043732
Holy shit that's dope
>>
>>7043762
Daaaamn that's cool. So we're getting the game/cannon herrerasaurus after all?
>>
>>7043769
No picture of it yet, and the price point is below the battle damage one that was cancelled so not sure yet.
>>
>>7043772
Cool man, thanks for the info. Really stoked for this stuff.
>>
>>7043754
Strange. Mines perfect.
Also, prototype attackpack had much more posability in development
>>
Got my Suchomimus and Indoraptor from Amazon yesterday. Sucho looks great, the color scheme isn't garish, it's actually a bit more muted than you'd think. Indoraptor is cool but I wish more dinos I actually like more were super-articulated, I'd love a t-rex that's just slightly larger than the indo toy that's super-a
>>
>>7043797
man im ok with them not improving the arms and giving me the ball joint for the neck instead...
>>
>>7043931
That’s the BD/Destructasaur raptor.
This is the 7.99 one
>>
>>7043732
So which raptor is this supposed to be? Either way, it looks great, although I'm wary because the promo pictures of the tiger striped raptor looked better than the one we got, so I'm a little worried.
>>
>>7043737
I've tried to wean myself off of remote control cars but this one might pull me back in.
>>
>>7043953
JP3 raptor I think
>>
>>7043953
>which raptor is this supposed to be?
he asks, on the picture of what's easily the most obvious raptor Mattel has released that isn't Blue.
>>
>>7043250
>>7043239
>>7043237

a thing created by Z-list videogame company that thought it would be a great idea to have a dino that is poisonous, has big eyes and lays eggs in warm bodies of human. Basically it's an alien with a frog host.

the game is utter shit tier and considering this canon is like considering every nintendo/genesis game canon. Good luck with the genesis game which allowed you to either play Grant and killing raptors or a raptor and escaping the island... which one is canon ?
>>
>>7043737
is it possible to open the back of the truck ? I mean with cissors or a knife to be able to add figures ? or is it full of electronics and battery ?
>>
>>7044106
>Z-List
Nah
>basically an alien
As opposed to all the hybrids?
>not canon
It literally is canon. You can dismiss everything that happened in the videogame, but it is definitely canon and fits the JP narrative fine.

As a game, well.. I wouldn't call it shit tier, but I can see why you would say that, it's hardly a game, more an interactive story book.
>>
>>7044124
I don’t think so but I don’t wanna cut it up.
>>
>>7044106
How is that any worse than downsizing the Dilophosaurus, giving it venom and a frill?
>>
>>7044103
The quills aren't really that well done though.
>>
>>7044381
it's also missing the notch in it's upper jaw
>>
>>7044385
But you recognize they’re quills, and the jp3 male is the only raptor in the whole franchise to have quills of any kind
>>
>>7044385
>>7044587
The quills were very sparse to begin with, they couldn't have done it very differently, perhaps applying a bit of color to them would be cool though.
>>
File: frEUA1O.gif (152 KB, 400x267)
152 KB
152 KB GIF
>>7043762
>another velociraptor
At this rate I'm going to need a shelf just for my fucking raptors.
>>
File: P1080963.jpg (1.35 MB, 2048x1536)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
Went out of state for a wedding and stopped by a local Walmart to pick up a few things I forgot and found these just sitting in the middle of a wiped JW section.

The Anky is my favorite figure in the entire line, so far.
>>
>>7044672
Such a tank eh. I like it so much better than I initially thought based on pictures.
>>
File: 91rhn3L3StL._SL1500_.jpg (390 KB, 1500x1499)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
Finally got the Mosasaurus today, I found it hidden in the clearance section in a ghetto Wal-mart behind a shit ton of Yokai Watch toys. I hope I didn't "steal" it from a kid who was trying to keep it hidden until they could afford it or anything because it was the last one.
And man, she's a big girl. I understand why she's packaged the way she is, but I don't think it does proper service to her to true size, even with the whole "28 inches long!" on the box. I think kids are definitely going to pass over this toy because of it, which is a real shame.
>>
>>7044672
I keep seeing people mentioning that they found the Wave 2 Roarivores at Walmart.

But has anyone found the new Roarivores at Target?
>>
SPINO WHEN

INDOMINUS WHEN
>>
>>7045011
When people stop asking every day about them. Indominus isn't even officially confirmed and Spino will ship when it ships. Just fucking wait.
>>
>>7045051
>>7045011
Smyths in the UK started shipping Spinos out on Tuesday so Target should see them in the next week or two.
>>
>>7044672
Speaking of wiped out toy sections, both of the Walmarts close to my house have been stripped to the bone, with only some small attack pack and battle damage figures left. Is this normal or are the employees being lazy about restocking or what?

I'm really curious what stores elsewhere are looking like. What's selling at your local stores and what's shelfwarming?
>>
>>7045284
Around here both Walmart and Target are basically wastelands as far as JW stuff. I think it's a combination of the line actually being pretty successful and stores not yet re-stocking.
>>
>>7045284
Mostly just a handful of AP and BD stuff left around here, too. Usually it's galli and dimorph for AP, and pachy, trike and herrera for BD. Roarivores are mostly picked clean, sometimes I'll see a trike but the other two from wave 1 are all gone. There's also usually a few Owens hanging around.

I think >>7045323 is right that this line ended up being more successful than anyone thought. I don't know if it's just that the movie hyped people but I remember a lot of stuff being relatively common before the movie, two weeks later the pegs are pretty barren. I think even people who don't collect or aren't even big JP fans went out and got dino stuff anyway.
>>
>>7045335
I have the memory of a goldfish, does anyone remember what the toy sections for the original Jurassic World looked like at this point? I'd love to think that even normies and parents can really tell the Mattel line is worth buying vs Hasbro's pitiful offerings.
>>
>>7045346
I don't remember the JW section ever looking particularly barren
>>
>>7044106
>considering this canon is like considering every nintendo/genesis game canon.

But thats wrong. those others were always just original stories and never to be taken as canon.
JP the game is designated canon and has been acknowledged in canon media and even aspects of the game made it into the movies.

Trespasser seems to be canon too, til further notice.
>>
YO HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS?

>get my baryonyx and try to hunt down some lava looking silly putty to plop on its head because of that one scene
>see whats in this video a bit after the 6 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUzZufrpjiI&t

Im not sure If I want it, but I love that i wanted to recreate that with my toys and then they make this.
>>
>>7045389
Nah, Trespasser always had too many contractions to really be considered canon. The timeline is all messed up, so is Sorna's shape and the location of facilities.

What Trevorrow actually said was that they're all "soft canon" and in their own worlds, that's not saying they are outright film canon.
https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/960972621130207232
>>
>>7045396
Yeah, we've seen it, I'm pretty stoked because I want a bary without the stupid audio holes
>>
>>7045400
I think the permanent orange lava snout looks more stupid, but to each his own.
>>
>>7045398
>Trespasser always had too many contractions
Like what? I've never heard specifics
>>
>>7045402
Yeah i may pass for the paint, but I am a bit tempted for the set.

This scene REALLY lends itself so well to this gimmick. 10/10 idea
>>
>>7045402
Ah yes, from the deleted scene where Owen came back to taunt the trapped baryonyx
>>
>go to Japanese Toys R Us on the day the movie opens (today)
>selection is:
>Trash n throw T-rex, triceratops, not too bad a start
>some loser with a nonsense name
>some other loser with a nonsense name
>ugly green raptor
>a bunch of other losers with unpronouncable names never mentioned in any of the films
>not a single fucking human figure except the woman who comes with the gyrosphere
>the only Blue is the shitty zip cord one, the box advertises that you combine her with Owen on the bike... except that they don't have him
>for some reason two different super expensive Jurassic Park (not World) jeep wranglers
>lego shit

fuck you toys r us
>>
>>7045486
nope

Oh and they also had the Takara Tomy mini figures I guess. I got the indoraptor and the fucker can't even stand on his own. Good job assholes.
>>
>>7045474
>>7045489
Takara Tomy Indo’s arms have no articulation and one of his feet is curled up into a retarded ball so you literally have to balance him on one leg if you want him to stand. Who the fuck designed this?
>>
is there a list of every released and announced legacy figure somewhere? or the whole line in general?
>>
>>7045496
It's just a little mini fig, surely you didn't pay that much for it?
>>
>>7045284
I think it's a case of both the toys selling well and the stores not ordering enough stock. What happened here is the JW:FK section was fully stocked as it was ordered all at once as soon as it came out, but now they will order a wave of attack pack and it gets picked clean in a day, then a wave of roarivores and they get picked clean in a day, etc. etc. In fact, even the Herrerasaurs and Pachycephalosaurs are getting wiped out, the only stuff really shelfwarming is the Gallimimus and Owens/Mercenaries
>>
>>7045539
These things are about $6 each
>>
>>7043023
Post pics of your wife for all of us Incelraptors
>>
>>7045396
You really hadn’t heard of the lava set till now? I thought I was new here haha.
>>
>>7045575
I have the Stygimoloch, it’s really cool
>>
>>7045522
Scroll down enough on http://www.jptoys.com/ and that's about the best Mattel line compilation I know of at the moment.
>>
>>7042766
>those legs in the background
Holy moly
>>
>>7042766
I ordered those two from amazon. Post pics?
>>
>>7045112
You better not be playing with my heart, old man. I better have a Spino in the next two weeks!

>>7044973
Not yet, and I'm not sure what the deal is, or if it has anything to do with how the roarivore pegs at my local Target are perpetually empty.

I don't know if people just pick the roarivores clean as soon as they come in or if there's some weird ordering problem.

>>7045421
While it would be hilarious to see him give the double finger to that doomed dino, I might also posit an alternate theory, deleted scene where Owen lets it out, and it ends up being the same Baryonyx that gets rescued. Also it gives the double finger to Claire and Franklin from the helicopter winch.
>>
Joke of the day.
>>
>>7045660
There's no way that's correct
>>
File: PicsArt_06-25-10.13.08.jpg (182 KB, 1600x1000)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>7045645
>>
>>7045539
>just a little minifig, surely you didn't pay that much for it
I see you're not familiar with keshi collecting
>>
>>7045582
I asked her and she said no paparazzi haha.
>>
>>7045643
Not my pic sorry. May skip these, they are fun but not sure if we need them.
>>
>>7045775
Hey, pass my thanks on to whoever that was that did a video of the pawn shop Spinosaurus.

I felt like the world was just teasing us after there were like two or three other people who got early Spinos a fucking while ago but didn't actually review them. (Although at least the Jurassic Repaints guy demonstrated the floppy tongue, which was something.)
>>
File: IMG_7404.jpg (239 KB, 1536x864)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
Hey JW gen why do we need a compy when we will be getting this? Sure its statueshit but......
>>
>>7045893
Guys name is HONG LI
>>
>>7045922
>statueshit
Answered your own question. But aside from that, people want cheap compies that scale with the other dinos, but can actually stand unlike the ones that come with the human figures. So far all we've got is the one that comes with one of the Destructasaurs, apparently.
>>
>>7045474
What a whiner.
Maybe you should just leave if you have no interest in the "loser" dinos with "unpronouncable" names.
>>
>>7045582
Don't worry bro.
I'll take a pick of Jurassic Dad's wife the next time he's at the toy store.

That's usually when we have our little "rendezvous".
>>
>>7045642
Yeah...looks like the legs of a preteen...why are you so excited about that anon?
>>
>>7045922
>statueshit

Dont even used that phrase. Autisrs here latch onto it and immediately get negative.

Just post cool dino toys or figures with no apologies on them being "statueshit" or not.
>>
>>7046026
What dinos has mattel made that have even remotely hard to pronounce names aside from Stygimoloch
>>
File: hansen_v_fakenews.jpg (129 KB, 876x449)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>7046036
sshhh, you'll trigger Milo-anon with your legit journalist and dislike of pedo shit.
>>
>>7046143
WOT IF YUR TOY EAS AEY PEDOFILE?
>>
>>7045402
Man that Baryonyx was channelling Homer

Volcano erupts
>Its still good! Its still good!
Walks into metal lava filled box
Lava pours on its fucking face

>>7045421
>>7045645
Limited edition Barry with double bird flipping action when?
>>
>>7045729
That far out, they're probably placeholder dates, but Mattel considers this an "evergreen" line. They'll keep putting out toys throughout 2018 and well into 2019.
>>
>>7046036
>>7046143
>amerifats
>>
>>7045642
They don't really look like mature legs anon. Don't git creepy.
>>
>>7046107
From the sound of that anon, probably anything less known than Rex or Trike are the losers, so probably like Metriacanthosaurus or Herrerasaurus.
>>
>>7044639
Velocirraptors rule you fagosaurus.
>>
File: Wittlebabies.jpg (66 KB, 700x462)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>7045922
My Papo collection grows and grows! I just wish they weren't so expensive.
>>
Anyone else think that the wave 1 bipedal roarivores constantly open mouths kinda work for them? I mean they allow them to "chomp" on their prey and humans much harder as opposed to the Ceratosaurus who's button only allows it's mouth to open.
>>
Amazon order just came with our new humans!
>>
Out!
Hey dad, you do UPCS and whatnot and I’ll do social media
Sound good?
>>
>>7047310
UPCs fuck!
>>
>>7047310
Find it at Smyths?
>>
>>7047323
Yea
>>
>>7047310
Where'd you get dat!
>>
>>7047310
Size comparisons to the Rexes?
>>
>>7047388
Not mine but
>>
>>7047436
That spino looks awesome.
>>
>>7047436
What Rex is that
>>
>>7047512
TnT
also
>>
This awesome guy who I think works in Mattel distribution rolled through and dropped some major knowledge:
>" Remember the Jurassic World Line is just starting, and you will all see that next year will have more pieces to collect from the Original Trilogy as well as Jurassic World and a New Colossal Figure. Wishing you all the best on collecting the Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Legacy Toys, be ready the Spinosaurus will be hitting shelves along with the next Indoraptor very soon! "

LOTS MORE LEGACY SHIT -- CONFIRMED
ANOTHER COLLOSAL -- CONFIRMED (we knew from an old 4chan leaker)

He also said to be patient, ya know heres the full text: sorry for the pasta?? (make fun of me noww lol)
>>
>>7047617
It was too much to pasta, stay hungry lol.
>>
So when are they going to make a JP1 raptor that isn't a cheeto?
>>
>>7047647
Presumably soon, if the dad posts above yours are any indication
>>
>>7047617
I'm hyped, I'm all about the legacy stuff
Hopefully that means more humans too
>>
>>7047654
With 2 unused legacy human SKUs found, and now this guys info, its pretty much guaranteed we will get some more but no clue who.
>>
>>7047617
Where did he say this?
>>
>>7047663
jpt forum
>>
>>7047673
Thanks, Jurassic Daddy.
>>
What are the wave 2 battle damage figures?
>>
Any long time JP/DinoGen users here?
I guess a LONG time ago a picture was posted on 4chan that was a printed list posted on the window or cubicle glass at a mattel office or something.
Anyone still have the image?
>>
>>7047684
So battle damage is confusing as walmart has some with #s and no SKUs and then we have some SKUs with no info, here is my broken ass list:
Gallimimus 887961636994 FRX29 In Holland 7/6
Battle Damage Velociraptor (Brown/Yellowish) 887961661446 FVL37 Wave 3?
unknown battle damage ?? FNB35
unknown battle damage ?? FNB36
unknown battle damage ?? FNB37
Pteranodon 887961661460 FVL36 Wave 3?
Plesiosaurus 887961737493
Battle Damage # 3 887961737509
Battle Damage # 4 887961737486
Battle Damage # 5 887961737462
>>
>>7047118
I've heard this argument before and it just doesn't fly. Even if you hold the button hard, the bite strength is still based on the internal mechanism, and there doesn't seem to be an appreciable difference between which ones are better at keeping things in their mouths. Both Allosaurus and Ceratosaurus can hold a pencil for me but not much heavier.
>>
>>7047692
FOUND IT
Doubt this is real.
>>
>>7047436
That might be the perfect size difference I was hoping for but wasn't sure we'd get. If this thing really does end up being 25 bucks, then it's a goddamn steal, and I wouldn't mind that much if it was 30.

>>7047699
It does make me realize I don't actually remember what the canonical status of Dodgson is. He only got to show off his real evil side in the books, but I don't remember if he died in TLW novel or not, and I don't know if they ever elaborated on him in the movies.

It'd be cool if he came back in the movies with something closer to his novel role, although tragically we'd probably need another actor since the real one's a scumbag.
>>
File: ded.png (2.4 MB, 933x1787)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
>>7047712
He's very dead in the TLW novel, he got fed to the baby tyrannosaurs, and his death is what inspired Peter Ludlow's similar demise in the TLW movie.
>>
>>7046026
>whines about random people on the internet

>calls other people whiners

kek
>>
>>7047699
>Dogson
>proto indominus

Yeah I'm kinda doubting this one, and the terminology seems off.

MEGA really goes against the naming convention they've had so far.
>>
>>7047696
Ok I'm exited for that plesiosaurus, assuming this is legit. I'm curious as to what exactly it will be. Roarivore? Real feel? Something smaller like a battle damage?
>>
>>7047799
It sounds very Hasbro and kinda retro Hasbro, like someone just modified names from the old lines rather than what we are currently getting from Mattel.
>>
>>7047698
Doesn't the mechanism have a little bit of give to prevent breaking it?
>>
>>7047804
That's exactly my point. They've kept to the same few type names for each size class.
I expect the brachiosaurus to be called either super colossal or real feel or something that falls in line with what we've heard before
>>
>>7047696
Any speculation as to what those unknown battle damage figures are?
>>
File: Untitled.png (741 KB, 601x677)
741 KB
741 KB PNG
>>7047810
If it's not out of scale, Super Colossal is the only label they've used so far that makes sense. Speaking of Brachiosaurus, I hope they add enough articulation to the legs so it can do the classic pose, but I know that's unlikely.
>>
>>7047816
I dont See why they wouldn't
>>
File: Not the mama.gif (347 KB, 300x182)
347 KB
347 KB GIF
>>7047565
>Playleontology
>>
>>7043762

seriously...
"so.. this is my jurassic room, I hope you like dinosaurs"
>>
>>7047838
I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a toyline, we've gotten so much good shit already and it just keeps getting better
>>
>>7047803
It’s battle damage. Walmart has a page for it so it’s most likely legit. No pics yet.
>>
>>7047812
Look at my list 12 posts above yours. I think you missed it.
>>
Ok I finished Evolution of Claire.

the title says it all, its a book about how Clair evolves as a character before Jurassic World.

Ive come to realize this is a book for Claire fan, not Jurassic Park fans. If you dont care about her, hard pass.
Decent if you like her though and realize its about HER

anyways, ignore the raptor on the cover that looks like the jp3 male (without mohawk)
The description in the book seems to imply the alpha female (pale, yellow eyes)

also if that is indeed the same alpha female from jp3, well she got euthanized.

it is mentioned that there has been an issue with poaching on sorna, another of many things cutting into that population decline

Masarani is a really cool guy. hes ambitious and not all about the money. is is like a trendier flashier Hammond 2.0.

no explanation for why he thinks Hammond would want another park though.

Wu is cool too. he doesnt seem like a bad guy at all.

Only one character dies.

overall the book didnt really add much to the lore or mysteries, we just get a deeper feel or understanding for some characters.

also theres a young brachiosaurus named Pearl who keeps playing with gyrospheres like toys so they have to paint some empty ones to play with to leave the real ones alone.

I want a young looking brachi now to be Pearl (rip)
>>
>>7047926
Thank you anon, you can rest now from feminist shit
>>
>>7047926
>Evolution of Claire
holy shit this is a real thing that exists?!
>>
>>7047932
It's a prequel novel. It makes sense since the character did such a 180 between the two movies, going from a cold admin that does not give a fuck about the park assets beyond their monetary value to a hardcore animal rights activist that values the life of each and every dinosaur.
>>
>>7047937
Yeah but I didn't realize anyone cared about the character enough to read a book about her.
>>
File: 9129FJyGhKL.jpg (936 KB, 1688x2550)
936 KB
936 KB JPG
>>7047939
True enough, but all you really gotta do to sell any kind of dumbass merch is to slap a dinosaur and the Jurassic logo on it and they did.
>>
>>7047926
>Wu is cool too. he doesnt seem like a bad guy at all.
That's the interesting thing about him. Just from what we've seen in JW and FK, he seems like he's not really malicious but just enamored with science and the possibilities of genetic manipulation to the point of being willing to ignore the ethics. He doesn't seem like he specifically wants to hurt people, but the danger of what he does is a distant second priority.

He seems to be the embodiment of Malcolm's line "your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"
>>
>>7047937
The book actually makes that change a little easier to hangel.
at the begining, shes much more like Fallen Kingdom claire, over the events of the book she becomes a bit hardened and detirmined to gain power so she can be in charge to make changes to help the dinos and make sure no more incidents happen.

from there, she probably loses herself a bit to the business side of things

then you have her arc in JW, with the kids and she basically has some of her old self dusted off, and from there we have the progression to how she is in fallen kingdom.

it.. works.

Also fun fact, after the incident in the book, its wu whose words help give her determination to take masaranis offer and try to work her way up to be in charge and try to improve things.
He gives her a pretty good pep speech. hes usually pretty cold but he sees potential in her.
>>
>>7047962
*handle, not hangel, wtf
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 288x175)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>7047436
It's Happening, Oh Shit!
>>
>>7047951
Maybe he'll finally make a dinosaur with feathers
>>
>>7047310
Clearer shots than before.
>>
>>7047436
>>
File: Jurassic3-11.jpg (60 KB, 800x428)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>7047971
Truly Bad Add.
>>
>>7047990
Bad ass. (F-@#) autocorrect.
>>
>>7047436
>>
File: img_0_m.jpg (116 KB, 560x426)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>7047997
Oh the feeling when it's so real again.
>>
File: legacyspino.jpg (139 KB, 800x700)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>7047971
So that one guy who did the review of the Spino. said the neck seemed short and should have been a bit longer from the looks of it, I would have to disagree with that neck and proportions are actually pretty accurate.
>>
File: sail.png (2.24 MB, 2022x688)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>>7048013
Same. I also heard someone say somewhere they think the sail ought to be higher, but it looks accurate to me. I can't wait to get my grubby not-so-little hands on this bad boy.
>>
>>7047807
That's probably it. Whatever it is, it definitely doesn't let the open-mouth roarivores bite harder.
>>
>>7047932
>>7047939
It's less about people caring about the character, and more that if a piece of fiction exists, there's bound to be a tie-in novel. It's just most people don't pay attention to them, goddamn everything has a novelization, including a shitload of plotless video games. And a lot of the time they're bad, but once in a while, they can be surprisingly fun.

>>7047937
To be fair, it always felt more like Claire was just going through the motions of being a business person rather than being particularly cold. Even with her nephews, she came off as more just really fucking busy than not caring about them entirely. She obviously had a sense of empathy, she just seemed to have way more going on and time spent managing spinning plates than to really dwell on it.

That said, going from business mogul to activist is also a lot more understandable when you remember she's also the reason a lot of that shit went down, so she wanted to take some responsibility for it just like Hammond did.
>>
>>7048100
>always felt more like Claire was just going through the motions of being a business person rather than being particularly cold.

Probably true, but in the movie all you get is the idea shes busy, but the way the book characterizes her shows the whole reason she takes the business so serious is to climb up and make a difference, basically it says shes always been an activist at heart.

the reason i say she "lost herself" is by Jw we ONLY see business. like shes been doing it so long shes become the job and her initial motivations sorta started to fade.

it makes me enjoy her change in FK more feeling like she didnt change so much as became a bit more of her "old" self.

the book literally describes her changing as old and new claire at one point.

the two movies alone work by themselves but the book really does add a whole new layer. I really like the idea of her having the intentions to make changes, and them losing herself a bit, only to find herself again.

She becomes an activist and runs the DPG for the very same reasons she even started working for Jurassic World in the first place.
>>
>>7047838
>>7047861
Same, my dino shelf is fucking packed to the point where I just have the TNT Rex and Indoraptor just chilling on a table for the moment. It'll get even worse once the Spino and more roarivores hit, plus the eventual Indominus.
>>
>>7047980
is this the right size difference? i thought the spinosaurus was slightly bigger than this in JP3 but I could be wrong.
>>
>>7048151
I believe its been said the rex the spino kills is not a full adult. rexy would be bigger
>>
>>7048151
It looks about right when you compare them here. >>7047436 The Spino's a little bigger in the body but also looked bigger in the film because it's stance was usually raised a little more than the Rex and it has a longer jaw.
>>
Oh by the way, the EoC canonizes Rexy as her official name.
>>
>>7048162
thats the thrash and throw, the extreme chompin is what the spino is intended to scale with i believe
>>
>>7048161
I feel like this was just a backpedalling statement made after the fans got mad about the fight later on. Probably the same with why they were toying with the notion of saying the Spinosaurus was a hybrid even later.

Especially since they actually had the Spinosaurus puppet fight the same animatronic of the Rex from TLW, just repainted. (And because it was old, it literally broke the shit out of it, too.) I feel like during the time of JPIII's troubled production, it really was supposed to be a "You thought the Rex was badass? Well get a load of this!!!!" deal.
>>
>>7048166
ahhh ok this would explain it. i didnt spot that mid belly cut to realize it was the TNT Rex. Can't wait to see someone have it in hand next to the EC Rex.
>>
>>7048166
>>7048169
I have a feeling people might be misremembering how big the movie Spino was compared to the Rex, but I haven't seen the comparison chart in a while.
>>
>>7048172
Either way, the rex in JP3 would be smaller than Rexy
>>
Speaking of spinosaurids, I got a question.

Since the Suchomimus is part of the continued Attack Action line, does this mean I can't use it's UPC to get a brickseek notification of when it hits local stores, since they're part of a mixed mod with the Carno and Stego?
>>
File: destruct.png (143 KB, 485x294)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCj5TO1btag So is this video just really badly lit or did Mattel find a way to fuck up the Destruct-A-Saur Raptor? The paint on it's head is a reflective gold but the paint from it's neck down is just a really muted orange for some reason?

I don't even understand what they were going for. If they couldn't afford gold paint all the way down it's body, why didn't they just use a nice yellowy orange, kind of like what I assumed was going on in the old promo pics? And if they wanted more of a gradient effect, then I feel like they shouldn't have had such a difference between the bright gold and dull orange.

I mean, it still looks pretty good, but I think it looked better in my head.
>>
Living in Europe, not the UK, I'll probably going to have to fork over 50+ bux to get my hands on a spino. Why are you torturing us like this, Mattel.
>>
>>7048241
Wow, that's awkward and unfortunate if it really turns out like that.
>>
>>7048065
Lol same, I know for the most part we can be assured Mattel really knows what they're doing when it comes to scene accurate a sculpts, paint apps is a different story but I'm just happy we got a spino that looks this good.
>>
File: 1531187759966.jpg (173 KB, 960x720)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>7048169
For the moment this is all we have
>>
>>7048241
this... could have been just different shades of brown and i'd still have been happy. don't know why we needed lady gaga raptor here.
>>
>>7048363
hmmm accounting for angle, that does look noticeably bigger than the ec rex... might have to ask around for help to grab it from friends in the US.
>>
>>7047980
>>7047984

How much is the spino? $30? May have to rebudget a bit.
>>
>>7047792
>NO YOU!

confirmed as butthurt faggot.
>>
>>7047926
How many stanky BRAPS does Claire rip in the book?
>>
>>7048314
this. Fucking Mattel not thinking about foreigners.
>>
>>7048164
Lame
>>
>>7048637
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSiavyLm12g Another video review of the Spino, since it's been hitting Smyth's of the UK as mentioned.

God this thing is beautiful. I haven't been this hype for a toy in a long ass time.
>>
>>7048677
I mean, I am not a foreigner in the country I was born in, lol, but yeah, think beyond the American borders Mattel.
>>
>>7048314
Fuck Europe, after the way you assholes treated our president then you can all starve for all I care
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>7047699
Oh shit, I remember that! Back when we thought the skeletons and dioramas in Lockwood's manor were failed experiments and that pic related was Indominus 1.0
>>
>>7047838
I've already started putting some of my massive raptor pack in storage, I really have no idea where i'm going to put everything once a year or so passes with this line.
>>
>>7048314
Not Mattel's fault you were born on the wrong continent.
>>
>>7048677
So is it official ? No legacy collection coming to Europe?
>>
>>7049061
Well. nothing so far. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Pretty mortified.
>>
>>7048654
Seven and a half.
As she's running from the raptor she gets anxiety farts.

"Oh no" frrt "oh God" frrt "I'm gonna die" frrt
>>
>>7049185
Got a disgusting boner now.
>>
>>7048654
I need more images of Dallas Bryce Howard's posterior, this is vital to my research
>>
>>7049312
>Dallas Bryce Howard'
https://www.google.nl/search?q=bryce+dallas+howard+ass&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZ6aurwZ_cAhWkPOwKHa4yAo4Q_AUICigB&biw=1096&bih=815&dpr=1.13#imgrc=_
>>
File: sickos.png (519 KB, 600x1003)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
>>7049335
Soon I will combine that plump rump with the genes of the indoraptor to create the PERFECT KILLING MACHINE
>>
>>7048632
$25 usd
>>
>>7049345
HAHAHAHA

It's quite a posterior, my god
>>
>>7047799
>>7047699
of course it is fake. As soon as the picture leaks for the real line started coming out it was confirmed as complete baloney by one of leakers during that time.

He also mentioned they did want to make an Apatosaurus since that species is actually in the World films, but Universal shut that idea down. If I am recalling that thread right.
>>
>>7047712
>>7047751
I'm surprised the movies never followed up on BioSyn. They were the bad guys in the TLW novel and a lot of the post-JP spinoff works like comics and games featured them as villains, but after TLW they just disappeared,
>>
>>7049462
Not fake per say but just a really really early list from planning stages. Ancient Futures was an actual working title back then. This was new to me though.
>>
>>7048713
Very nice!
>>
>>7049185
Glorious!
>>
>>7049345
>Soon I will combine that plump rump with the genes of the indoraptor to create the PERFECT BRAPPING MACHINE

F.T.F.Y.
>>
>>7048654
Jurassic Park? Moar liek...
>Her-Ass-T H I C C Pawg!
>>
>>7048654
>>7049626
Bryce Dallas Howard? Moar liek...
>BRAP DatAss Blowhard!
>>
>>7048241
Sad but true, saw this pointed out a couple weeks ago.
>>
>>7048834
I think you mean England, not Europe. You know those are two different things right?
>>
>>7049626
LOVE THIS! (Both the butt and the joke)
>>
File: 1516305077083.png (1.37 MB, 1360x768)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>7047310
Does anyone know if the Legacy line is coming out in Europe ?
I want Muldoon and the spino goddamnit
>>
File: dinos.jpg (109 KB, 1200x738)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Got both of these for $19.93 today.

I already have Allosurus and Carnotaurus, and I gotta say these things are great.

I'd say that many of them are easy as good or better than the old Jurassic Park and Lost World dinos.
>>
>>7049837
spicy dad
How does ur wife feel about this
>>
>>7049905
Well desu she knows I'm more a boob guy than butt, still fun tho.
>>
>>7049885
Yeah, Mattel really knocked this line out of the (Jurassic) park.
>>
>>7049912
show pics
>>
>>7049861
Don't know about the other figures or the rest of Europe, but it's already been stated in this thread that Smyth's in the UK has the Spinosaurus.
>>
>>7049912
>I'm more a boob guy
Jurassic Dad you are my Jurassic Brother
>>
My dream set with be Matchbox winch Jeep redecoed with the #12 look (lightbar/soft cover) with a Nedry and a dilophosaurus

Make it happen Mattel
>>
>>7040902
I am I the only one mad that we aren't getting an Innovation Center Playset like the old Visitor Center Command Compound.
>>
>>7050138
I guess it'd be neat but I don't think I'd get it. Plus the time to make that would've been when JW first hit, so even if Mattel wants to make one I wouldn't blame them for not doing it while they're trying to capitalize on FK.
>>
>>7050138
No where near as iconic as the visitor center.
>>
>>7050195
I think the bigger issue is that there's not much to do in the innovation center. No skeletal mounts or much in the way of side exhibits or second floor stuff, and the lab is a bit too simple to be much fun.
>>
>>7050246
The clean futurism aesthetic of JW is boring as hell compared to the sweet Safari aesthetic of Jurassic park and lost world
>>
>>7048654
>>7049626
>>7049631
Has anyone seen any COF yet?

Or any in general with the new JWFK line? Just wondering... ye- yea- yeah that's it, just wondering...
>>7046730
>>
>>7048241
Damn shame, he's just like the pteranodon then. Maybe the gloss can be removed by rubbing some paint thinner?
>>
>>7050453
I'm not sure if I'd want to try and add a little more gold to the orange on the back of get rid of some of the shine on the gold. I guess I'll be able to better tell which color I'd want to emphasize once I have it in hand.
>>
>>7050419
>COF

Wut?
>>
>>7050253
I think they're trying to fit the current generation aesthetic
What bothers me the most is the technology like the huge holograms and stuff like that. Jurassic Park was grounded in reality with actual technology
>>
>>7050419
>>7050731

I think he means SOF...
>>
I heard Claire found a new job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w4KwW5meW0
>>
>>7050898
Eh, huge holograms and gyrosperes are little futuristic but they're more or less just refinements of what we have now rather than whole new technologies, and that's about the same status cloning had in 1993.
>>
>>7050898
> grounded in reality with actual technology

Yeah they weren't cloning dinosaurs or anything
>>
>>7051073
At essence, the original park was a zoo. All of the tech besides cloning dinosaurs was entirely grounded in reality. JW just throws any beliveability out the window
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSiavyLm12g
>>
>>7048177
Anyone know offhand?

Also, how many people have seen Suchos at Walmart yet?
>>
>>7051238
Yes, the same with all the other assortment lines.

No one has seen Sucho in Walmart to my knowledge yet but you can just buy it from the site and have it shipped to your local Walmart for free, or get it from Amazon.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jurassic-World-Action-Attack-Suchomimus/363799434

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079G46KM8/
>>
I'm kinda pissed, I got this pack at Target today and the Gallimimus won't stand up until I fix his legs, the jumping raptor's tail is loose and will need to be glued, and the other raptor has a really wonky eye that I'll have to repaint. And I guess I'm dumb for not spotting it before buying, but why doesn't Alan get the gun he has in the single pack figure?
>>
>>7051359
I just got this pack the other day and all of my figures look superb.
>>
>>7051359
>>7051393
My Gallimimus had slightly warped legs from this set, I think it's the packaging. She stands okay most of the time but eventually falls down.
>>
>>7051571
Yeah that Gali sculpt is ass
>>
>>7051359
We got this a few days before they went on sale (4/13) and everything was fine, aside from no gun of course, but I went in knowing this was a value pack without it. Figured it would get lost easily as well so no biggie. Really the compy & grant are free since you bought 4 legacy dinos @ $10 each.
>>
>>7051359

seems like the figures in this aside from alan are just cheaper in general. my dilophosaurus doesn't stand and the grey raptor has a sideways jaw

i dont mind too much though, but i at least wish the dilo's leg's could spread
>>
>>7051079
>Forgets about the completely electric self-driving ford explorers in 1993
>>
>>7051359
Don't feel bad m8, it happens, I picked a couple of AP raptors myself with various kinds of qc's from wonky eyes to melted claws.
You should return the set immediately, ask for a replacement and take your time checking the figures.
>>
Hey, any idea were I can get this and how much it costs??
>>
>>7052111
Get what?
>>
File: 2018jeep29.jpg (101 KB, 800x439)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>7052146
Oh WOOPS,shit I forgot the pic sorry.>>7052111
>>
>>7052152
Retail is $29.99 but https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-jeep-118-diecast-vehicle/mtfrm53 sold it like a month ago for a few dollars above retail. Amazon & Walmart have pages but it hasn't stocked yet.

FYI I'm sure you know but it does NOT fit the human figures.
>>
>>7052165
Oh, seriously, that would be the only reason I would get. Why not exactly, didn't they make it 1:1I scale so you could do just that?
Why don't they fit, what's preventing them from fitting all comfy in those seats???
>>
>>7052443
>>7052165
1:18 scale

Typo sorry
>>
>>7052165
Wo wo, hold up, are you serious about it not fitting the figures or jokeing, why the Hell would Mattel make something in the same scale as the rest of the line yet not fit the action figures?????
>>
>>7052449
>why the Hell would Mattel make something in the same scale as the rest of the line yet not fit the action figures?????

I don't want to get salty about Mattel because they hit this line out of the ballpark for the most part but this is EXACTLY why I don't usually like them. They fuck up scale shit all the time.
>>
>>7052464
But do we know for a fact that they did just that with this as well, I mean it's not out yet how do we know???
>>
>>7052443
>>7052449
>>7052464
>>7052469
There is plastic that blocks the legs completely. One person I know modded the fuck out of it to make em fit and it still is a little small.

I agree it is STUPID that they don't fit.

Here is a pic of how much he had to chop it up.
>>
This shows the humans in it after modding and its a tad small.
>>
Too much work and it's still jenky.
>>
The Legacy 1:18 jeep(the plastic one) is pretty great though so I wouldn't feel too let down guys. It doesn't have the opening hood and isn't diecast but it's still a really solid vehicle for $15.
>>
>>7052485
Very true! Both the net launcher and legacy jeeps are great and fit the humans flawlessly.
>>
>>7052480
Muldoon literally steering the jeep with his dick
>>
>>7052478
Duck I seriously didn't it was that bad looks like your friend there made a hell of a mess with jeep, I feel bad he felt the need to practicality destoy it just to make the figures fit guess that answers my question I will probably get the Legacy Jeep before I get the diecast one that is just a dann shame though I would have preferred to see if a more authentic/realistic version would be the better fit if I were to get one still on the fence about what I'll be adding to my collection cause of my buget at this point I'll be back for advice on that later. So thanks for letting me know.

(gonna have ptsd from such tragic images of what he did to the jeep omg)
>>
File: 2GXSb6c4_400x400.jpg (22 KB, 400x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
What the fuck?!
There's no figurines of Dino-Dr.Velma?!
>>
>>7052556
Oh yea definitely get the legacy jeep! We got it April 14th and LOVE it. Its a great deal. I feel you on wishing it was a tiny more accurate but hey it works.

Hope I didn't accidentally make Jeep toy torture porn a thing on 4chan.
>>
File: zia2.jpg (75 KB, 1500x707)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>7052571
You missed it a couple threads back.
Hope it doesn't start a war again lol.
>>
>>7052581
Glad this line is giving us so many generic human characters, it's one of the things generally lacking in 1:18.
>>
>>7052583
Me too! I love the Mercenary that comes in the Stiggy story pack. It came today and it looks a lot different from Wheatley and not just a repaint. Also no wave 3 basic humans or legacy have been announced, so I bet we will see more!
>>
>>7052587
I'm really wondering if this is done by the same group that did the Avatar line a few years ago. That was a surprisingly good, surprisingly thorough line that did characters you wouldn't expect. The articulation feels very similar too.
>>
>>7052571
>>7052581
Goddamn Zia Rodriguez is so cute and spunky! So glad they tossed out that scene that would revealed her as a lezbo
>>
>>7052581
Yeah, just what we need, more tumblr-tier lesbian characters
>>
>>7052601
It's balanced by conservative christian Chris Pratt as the awesome he-man hunk, so calm down.
>>
>>7052601
Hey man they cut out the lesbian reveal scene. So honestly we got lucky that they decided not to push their agenda through a minor character by giving her a pointless sexuality reveal
>>
File: target confirmation.png (12 KB, 564x464)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
So Target doesn't have much JW stuff on their site, but I figured I'd pass this on to you guys:

https://twitter.com/skepsipol/status/1018721594091364352

Text those codes to the number at the top of that thread and you'll get promo codes you can use at Target.com, and they stack too. Might be a good way to one of the legacy packs if you were holding off because of the price.

If there's no JW stuff on there you need (like me) you can still use it for other stuff. Pic related came from buying a bunch of Nintendo Switch games I'd be holding off on.
>>
>>7052841
Don't read Evolution of Claire.
>>
>>7052841
Do you know what the lesbian reveal scene was?
>>
>>7052597
>>7052601
>>7052841
You guys know gay characters can be in media and acknowledged without it being an agenda, right?
Also just because the scene was cut doesn't mean she isn't still canonically lesbian.
>>
>>7052873
I'd be totally fine with it, if the scene was her pleasuring Bryce.

"Oh boss, you look so stressed, allow me to give you some tension release."

Then she munches her red carpeting.
>>
>>7052873
>You guys know gay characters can be in media and acknowledged without it being an agenda, right?

HA!
Not anymore.
>>
>>7052890
>Zia is going down on Claire
>Claire BRAPS in Zia's face
>>
>>7052893
>Made me chuckle
But seriously, what's up with you guys wanting her to fart so much?
>>
File: thats kinda hot.jpg (132 KB, 480x399)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>7052893
>>
>>7052891
It's all a matter of how obnoxious and in your face it is. A casual throwaway line and literally nothing else is nothing to get your panties in a was over.
I don't remember anyone going on about agendas when it was revealed the kid from Jurassic World was intended to be autistic but they didn't have any scenes revealing it in the final movie.
This is a franchise that gave Malcom a black daughter. A little bit of diversity just means variety, it's all about the execution.
>>
>>7052899
I liked Kelly Malcolm, and I enjoyed Lost World.
I know it's no where near as great as the original, but I don't know why so many hate it.
>>
>>7052868
This is amazing and I can't find anything I want
>>
>>7052904
Yeah, she was fine, retarded gymnastics scene aside.
A black daughter, an autistic nephew, a lesbian activist. These things didn't define the characters, they were characters in their own right
EoC had a new south African trainer character I liked and at one point it was revealed she had a girlfriend. So what? She was still a nice likeable character. Plus the book said she had to bend down to kiss her girlfriend on the cheek so that means adorable size difference.
>>
>>7052915
Though to be fair, the book WAS filled with painful feminist pushing. But interracial girlfriends didn't feel have as forced as the other shit.
>>
>>7052908
Apparently the codes are good through October, so maybe once the spino becomes available on the site that's what I'd go for, if I hadn't already used my promo codes for the Switch games.

Speaking of which, if we can expect the spino in the next week or two, how long until it actually shows up on Target.com? Assuming they'll even have it on the site, that is.
>>
>>7052915 #
>EoC had a new south African trainer character

Did the story mention her FGM?
>>
>>7052915
I have no idea why they didn't make a standalone figure of Kelly with Gymnastics Dino-Kick Action!

1st film they didn't make Lex (or Hammond, or Arnold)
2nd film they made both girls, but I never got either of them, since Kelly was in the expensive trailer, and Sara came out late in my area, long after all my Christmas presents for that year were bought.
>>
>>7052926
They mentioned her accent.
Also I'm not entirely sure if she was tall or her girlfriend short.
In my head, I imagined her looking like a sweeter version of Nadine from Uncharted 4 so I subconsciously imagined her kinda stronk.

I believe it was her to first refer to the Rex as Rexy in movie canon.
She's the one that taught Claire that Rexy associates flares with food.
Adds a little bit to that movie scene now. Claire had previous knowledge Rexy goes after flares.
>>
>>7052925
I managed to find a blu ray set I want that was on sale MSRP $124.99, on sale for $81.31, got it for $28.67 shipped... much thanks to anon for the deal.

Hope it ships.
>>
>>7052934
What do you think the trainers wore in a still in construction Jurassic World?
I don't know if JP or JW uniforms were ever for show (I totally buy the idea that Masarani would have uniforms chosen for an aesthetic feel for park goers to see, but with the park not open yet there wouldn't be need for those yet)
>>
>>7052938
They were naked to make the dinosaurs think they were fellow dinosaurs, because only people wear clothes.
>>
So with the die cast not holding figures worth a shit, were down to the winch jeep as the best, right?
>>
>>7052951
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>7052934
So even in the shitty book they completly misunderstood the signification of the flare ? Man trevorrow and other exec never actually saw the first movie then.

Flare is a bright light that attracted the rex attention, in a storm at night. Using it in daylight like in jw is the most retarded thing we can ever get, beyond petting raptors and "need more teeth"
>>
>>7053035
I thought they were just trying to get rid of the whole "T-rex sight is based on movement" thing since it's not accurate and replace it with "Rexy has been conditioned for years to associate the flare with food".
Like they show us they direct her to food with a flare in the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jE8v2TZasw
>>
>>7052449
>>7052443
My assumption? I assume Mattel was looking at those smaller die-cast cars you see in their own section that kids and collectors always gobble up. You know, the kinds that are either just notable makes of cars, or like licensed stuff like specific Fast and the Furious cars or the Batmobile and stuff like that. So this would have been Mattel trying to cash in on that kind of collector item too.

Nobody ever buys those to actually put action figures in, and I think Mattel might have just made a mistake by making this jeep scaled like the larger ones from those other lines and stupidly didn't realize customers would see how big they are and assume they can fit the JP action figures.

At least we didn't get totally shafted out of an action figure jeep entirely, as the winch and net jeeps are still pretty nice, though.
>>
>>7052908
Keep in mind that's site-wide, on anything, so if you want a cheap Switch or something you could go for it.
>>
>>7052868
>>7053256
FYI Target fucked up HARD last night. There were 6 different 15% off coupons and the $20 off 50 and they ALL STACKED, so like 66% off no joke. They caught the glitch but thousands of ppl got ipads, tvs etc etc. Anyways the coupons are all cancelled now unless you took a screenshot (i did!). No more stacking now of course heh.

I am sure target lost MILLIONS last night due to this glitch.
>>
>>7053256
>Keep in mind that's site-wide, on anything, so if you want a cheap Switch or something you could go for it.
They were out of switches ps pros when I was on the site.
>>
>>7053340
Incidentally, my order for an expensive blu ray set has yet to be cancelled, and the order seems to have been processed
>>
>>7052899
Considering it got cut out, I dont think it was just a throwaway line
>>
>>7053346
and it just shipped. Once again thanks a ton deal linking anon! This blu ray set would have NEVER been this price under any other circumstances. It's basically $100 off.
>>
If you want to get the SUCC, it's back up on Amazon, but doesn't ship until the 30th.
>>
>>7051073
Except that of course, you fucking moron.

>>7052047
There was a circuit and they showed more than once than it wasn't on point and glitched
>>
>>7053035
To be fair I don't remember if they fed her in the book at night or not.
I'm sure it could also be a learned association thing. They were feeding Rexy slabs of goat meat instead of live one to give her medication. No indication if they use flares with live goats.
>>
>>7054108
>>7053063
Oops, didn't see this yet and forgot about that part.
Ok so they do it with live ones too.
>>
>>7053421
I mean it wasn't some big important thing. Hell it could have gotten cut for the fact she was hitting on him more than the reveal.
>>
>>7052869
I'm at about ch11, and let me tell you, it is NOT a book many 4channers will enjoy. The main villain is such because he doesn't like girls with dyed hair. He doesn't even do anything bad, everyone just instantly hates him on contact because he's not completely wowed by Masrani using affirmative action.
>>
>>7053421
It was a single quip that was cut for time, it's not like she would have paused the movie, turned to the camera, told the audience she was lesbian and to go fuck themselves.

https://jurassicoutpost.com/original-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-cut-was-2-hours-40-minutes-and-included-zias-lesbian-reveal/
>>
File: 1425-jw-hybrid-raptor4.jpg (268 KB, 1867x1400)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
Does anyone have this raptor that can comment on it? I kind of dig the weird metallic paint but I want to know before I commit what to expect, can it stand at any other angle or is it pretty much one pose? I'm okay with the latter because since it's Hasbro right now I'm just expecting it to be like the alpha/pack raptors from 3.
>>
File: 1522443601407.jpg (462 KB, 1500x1500)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>7054247
Dude you actually want that when we have this????
>>
File: 1529815348129.jpg (89 KB, 940x627)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>7054247
>Hasbro Craptor.

Dear God! Cringe x9000
>>
File: 1531096689210.jpg (289 KB, 1235x1246)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>7054247
And this, and....

>>7054339
>>
>>7054189
Not main antagonist m8
>>
Is it a good idea to try moving the leaping raptors legs back for more articulation?
>>
>>7054339
I already got a shitload of Mattel raptors fampai, I'm just also drawn to this green Hasbro one for some reason.
>>
>>7054370
I think everyone here is just going to shit on the Hasbro raptors, I don't think you're going to get anyone commenting otherwise.
>>
>>7054376
That's unfortunate, thank you anyways anon.
>>
>>7054362
Now, admittedly I didn't try very hard, but the amount of resistance you get when you try that makes me think you're just going to rip the legs off. I think you're better off just getting a BD raptor instead.
>>
>>7054339
I wish we actually did have this
>>
>>7054189
He is a complete shithead, but yeah theyre basically all in on hating before its really shown hes a dick.
I remember a point where they're basically internally bitching that he is simply AROUND.
He has a purpose though story wise.

The book doesnt get good for a while. Dont expect much danger and excitement til late.

You gotta be in the mindset this is a Clair book, not a JP book. The title says it all, the focus is on how she changes as a person.

Its not a good JP book, but.. its ok as a Claire book I guess. added another layer to her and I do like the character more now.
>>
>>7054247
There is some appeal here in this is a color scheme taken from a fully evolved raptor in the mobile game, and while the figures white instead of yellow dont show it..

this is (intended to be) a mother fucking raptor with the color scheme of the park explorers. and thats fucking cool. Now if only we got that in a better figure.
>>
>>7047993
What the fuck is wrong with you redditor
>>
>>7050898
Sure, grounded in reality like the gymnastic kick that can kill a Velociraptor
>>
>>7054478
That's not even relevant to the conversation or a commentary on technological advancement, and also, as improbable and silly as it was, let's not try to say it's some kind of shattering of the laws of physics if you think it's impossible to knock a biped off it's feet with 100+ lbs moving at sufficient speed.

The kick did not kill the raptor, but falling onto a sharp shard of metal did.
>>
>>7054473
Who even goes on reddit????
>>
>>7054473
Spotted the rex fagg
Never been a more BAD ASS Dino.
Eat Spino D***!
>>
File: 1522797520152.gif (1.91 MB, 540x290)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB GIF
>>7054473
>REEEEE, he has a different opinion than I do, Oh No !
Shut the Fuck Up!!!
>>
>>7054376
Don't make it sound like mindless drones here, people have commented on a few of the hasbro figures having potential. Albeit usually being the Stegoceratops. I almost kind of wanted to pick up the Ankylo, myself.

Just be aware of the hilarious screw holes that are bound to be on the other side, and other than that, what you see is what you get, usually. I don't know if the legs have sensible articulation, but if so you're probably stuck between a pouncing pose and a growling at the moon pose.
>>
So we finally have a clear pic of the back panel from the destructasaur copter set showing the EC Rex (same as legacy) & Mercenary (same as wave 1) with the confusing ass generator accessory that will make me buy it lol.
I figure its from the beginning with the gate but still not sure.
>maybe someday we will actually get to see this set more than a damn back panel haha
>>
>>7054602
I'm at least relieved that it's just the same merc we already got, so at least I don't feel like I'm missing out. Not that I would've been that excited about a figure of the guy from the prologue.
>>
>>7054602
I'm kind of sad we're getting a generic mercenary with that instead of that hatted doofus who got eaten there.

Speaking of sets, I just realized, that old cancelled set that was going to be a wrecked Explorer as Blue's hideout, I wonder if they might have made that a lava slime set like they did with the bunker.
>>
>>7054247
that's right u dirty little slut
stick that rump in the air
presenting for me
oh my goodness what am i going to do with you
oh lord have mercy
>>
File: 14.png (215 KB, 639x358)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>7054645
Don't do it, anon. Think of the child support payments for one of these motherfuckers.
>>
>>7054653
your warning... is too late
>>
>>7054643
me too! Def wanted that guy.
>>
>>7047118
I don't mind the first wave Roarivores that way, mainly because:
>Baryonyx reminds me of a gharial which hunt by leaving their mouths open enough before snapping up fish
>Allosaurus was specifically known for having a wider gape than a lot of known carnivores, and the lunging/attacking pose works with this extremely well

Personally that's how I look at it and why I'm happy with the open-mouth being the default for those two in particular. Maybe Metriacanthosaurus could've benefited from a closed mouth, who knows, but hey at least the Ceratosaurus has it.
>>
>>7054697
Well, the rub here is that it's easier to get a closed-mouth dinosaur to keep their mouth open than it is to get an open-mouthed dinosaur to close their mouth. So you can still do both either way, but it's easier to do both if the default is a closed mouth.

I don't fault your points, though, and I agree that Metriacanthosaurus is the more unfortunate case where it just looks more like it's about to puke up a hairball.
>>
>>7054708
>So you can still do both either way, but it's easier to do both if the default is a closed mouth.
Yeah that makes sense.

>I agree that Metriacanthosaurus is the more unfortunate case where it just looks more like it's about to puke up a hairball.
That's pretty much what I meant by that. Metriacanthosaurus just looks odd with the way its mouth is stretched combined with the pose. It definitely would've looked better with its mouth closed.
>>
Man, my wallet is bleeding hard. I have to keep telling myself not to buy repaints, to at least limit myself to one per sculpt.

How are you anons holding up?
>>
>>7051259
Walmart's out of stock again and Amazon's now back up to sixty bucks, so I think I missed my ideal window.

At this rate, I might get the Spinosaurus before I can get the Suchomimus.

>>7054777
I gave myself no such limit, and now I kind of regret it. But I really love fucking raptors, so I'm only half mad that getting all of them means I also have a huge pile of galimimus repaints I didn't care about.
>>
File: Gallimimus-herd.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1040)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>7054785
Hey, at least you're better off than some kids. I imagine for a lot of them, the Gallimimus is a literally who type dinosaur since they probably haven't seen JP1 and there's only such a brief shot of them in JW1. I'm assuming you at least have some level of nostalgia for having a herd of Gallimimus.
>>
File: roarivoresprotos.jpg (161 KB, 1500x1500)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>7054732
You're right, prototype Metria looks a lot better with the jaw more closed.
>>
>>7054790
A bit, and I just watched JP1 again today in fact.

I think people who say the CGI is perfect compared to modern day are just remembering through rose colored glasses, but I'll admit JP1's CGI is still actually fucking amazing though, so it's hard to blame them.

>>7054802
Wow, I hadn't seen these.

I kind of like the edgy Allosaurus. Meanwhile I'm split between thinking the Baryonyx looks even better and more croc-like, but maybe leans awkward and cartoony.

Metria definitely looks more presentable, though.
>>
>>7054831
The CGI has definitely aged, though it looks worse in broad daylight. The rex attack scene still holds up since the CGI doesn't look as bad in nighttime lighting.

That said, a lot of scenes still work even with the outdated CGI just because it's still such a well-crafted movie. The brachiosaur reveal looks fake as hell now but the scene still works because of Williams' score and the actors doing a really good job of selling their amazement.
>>
>>7054189
I just finished it, and yeah, I also wouldn't recommend it to the average 4chan user. The book is definitely about Claire first and foremost, so don't read it for JW backstory or dinosaur stuff, only get it if you actually want to read about Claire herself and can put up with the heavy handed feminist stuff. And I say that as someone with a good deal more tolerance to feminist bullshit than most anons.
>>
>>7054844
Just how heavy handed?
>>
>>7054861
"man-spread" is literally used in dialogue despite the fact this was supposed to be 2004.
>>
>>7054861
The love interest introduced himself on a plane with "I promise not to man-spread all over the place and take up all your space"

He's being genuine.
>>
>>7054861
theres scene where the interns are first meeting, Tanya has green and purple died hair, buttons with the female symbol and "love is love" and "feminist" on her notebook.
Claire thinks about how SO COOL she is.
Wyatt tells her that guys dont like when girls dye their hair crazy colors and prefer natural colors and directs at claire.
everyone flips shit and says women dont dye their hair for guys (which is true at least, do you) and Tanya says something like "i do it because i wanna look like badass mermaid"
Claire also gets all pissed, the fetishation of redheads is brought up and she says "did you just "youre not like other girls" me?"
which doesnt really even fit the context of what was said.
oh were not done, this shit goes on for two pages
so justin, the love interest and perfect ally, also tells him to fuck off, claire is happy he stood up for her but internally bitching that "he only listened to another guy. its like when boys leave you alone when you say you have a boyfriend because they know you're another mans property"

THIS WAS ACROSS TWO PAGES.

When talking to Wu at one point, Claire sort of uses the "life finds a way" line, but then brings up how dinosaurs are survivors. kind of like women, only with women battering back against society and oh my god stop ruining one of the most iconic lines of the franchise.
>>
>>7054602
Should have included a tree to recreate the scene
>>
>>7054645
anon pls go
>>
>>7055090
As if they would ever make greenery for a set they unfortunately never will I would guess.
>>
>>7054645
STOP!
>>
>>7054675
Hey Dad do you think Mattel will ever make an Acrocanthosaurus? I would really love one
>>
>>7055177
I know, pity. One can dream.
>>
>>7055186
Holy shit that's beautiful.
>>
>>7055186
Anything is possible especially with the newest reveal with Dracorex etc, but personally I doubt it.
>>
>>7055186
The face makes it look like the Hans Moleman of theropods.
>>
File: 007.jpg (26 KB, 435x321)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>7055206
I mean, they've done more out there species already. I don't see why Acrocanthosaurus is crazy or any less likely than any other species that hasn't been shown in the films. I mean it's got plenty of representation in the JP games.
>>
>>7055197
IKR I want one, wish Dave Silva made this and others like it instead of the 40 some Trikes he has planned it would be so much cooler.
>>
>>7055324
Anyone have a working link to the site to get this?
Can't seem to find anything other than his facebook page. The link in the picture is asking me to install some chrome extension.
>>
>>7055228
>>7055324
>>7055186
wow they even look alike, now i know we need this.
lets start that social media campaign to get Mattel to make this bad boy. whose with me?
>>
File: 359aezd.jpg (92 KB, 706x672)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>7055338
No idea let us know if you get a hold of him and if makes them still I want several, how about you anon?
>>
>>7054952
>manspread
>feminist penis envy

Checks out.
>>
>>7054953
How romantic!

>Tanya has green and purple died hair, buttons with the female symbol and "love is love" and "feminist" on her notebook

Subtle
>>
>>7054645
CRINGE!
>>
>>7055324
>>7055338
>>7055350
Site is dead. His Facebook hasn't been updated in ages. I fear he's on a break or simply quit his public endeavors.
>>
>>7055186
>>7055207
>Hans Moleman

Acrocanthosaurus presents..."Theropod getting hit by gyrosphere."
>>
Suchomimus in stock https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079G46KM8
>>
>>7055399
Ok, so on the subject of the Suchomimis is it worth getting cause I've seen several vids or pics were it's chomping/biting mechanism has broken is this something I should seriously before buying it.
>>
>>7055449
* consider.
>>7055399
>>
>>7055449
Biting function on mine is fine
>>
>>7055449
Yeah, I've heard enough about that issue that I'm not buying until I see one in person that I can verify is working.
>>
>>7055449
Ours still work great and my son has been going around with the suchomimus & carno shooting em like guns lol.
>>
>>7055488
Yeah that's what my concern is, I don't want to pay $20 plus tax for a figure that is going to break.
>>
File: DZYfJnOVAAAHkuB.jpg (251 KB, 1200x1200)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>7055502
Lol glad to hear I'm just worried I'll be paying $20 on something that will break when I could have got somthing else but there is always the warranty which can help you fix that.
I'm actually trying to figure out what I should spend my $30 /$100 buget on
Whether I should get the Legacy Jeep, the Suchomimis, the EC Rex, or the Lava surge slime set with the Baryonyx or should wait for wave 3 and the Destruct-A-Saur sets to come out???
>>
>>7055517
Sucho
EC Rex
Regular Bary

Keep the rest of your bux for what's to come. What do you have currently though?
>>
>>7055529
Mosa, regular Bary, Carno, and Stuff I so far.
>>
>>7055228
I could see the acro being an Action attack with the carno function
>>
>>7055529
*stuff= Styggi
Cause autocorrect
>>
File: 0125181557c.jpg (3.51 MB, 4160x3120)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB JPG
>>7055539
Same here considering how detailed the Carno is I'd say that might be a good category for it but I personally would like to see it EC Rex size cause in real scale it's bigger than your average T-Rex (34-36ft) Max is (40ft.)
Acro. Is about (38ft.) and (6.8 tons)

Very big
>>
>>7055538
>>7055543
Cool. If you are in the US definitely get the EC Rex. It's so cheap and so good!
>>
I purchased an original 1993 raptor figure that still roars when you pull it’s legs back for $15. How much is it worth?
>>
>>7055593
Here’s a reference photo of one. It’s also loose.
>>
File: 1531797994194-1.jpg (44 KB, 720x350)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>7055558
Hmm I've been wondering should I get the regular EC Rex or wait for the Destruct a Saur set with the EC Rex (pic related)
>>
>>7055600
I don't think very much more. 25 with a bit of luck. Cool catch though! I think it's funny how small those feet were. Otherwise a pretty great figure.
>>
Hey so has The Spinosaurus hit US Targets yet, I haven't heard shit lately.
>>
>>7055615
Thanks! Which figures are valuable loose? I got the loose 1997 biting raptor and the 2015 electronic blue.
>>
>>7055614
Ahhh yeah. For me it was an easy choice as I do not collect human figures and I don't want the generator either, but if you're into that stuff you could wait of course. In any case, it's the Rex to get imo.

I'd get the sucho if you want something right now. It's scales nicely with the carno but has a totally different look. You can create some cool scenes between them.

I think the jeep is only worth it if you have human characters. Since you already have the regular bary I personally wouldn't go for the lava one, as cool as a set it is.

You'll be left with some money to spend on one or two Destruct-A-Saurs and can save up for wave 3 in the meantime.
>>
>>7055629
no
>>
File: legacyrex.jpg (114 KB, 800x589)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>7055632
Oh, thanks that is awesome advice. Jurassic bro thank you very much I'm such an indicisive person I can never make up my mind half the time.
Thanks again.
I have plans to get Grant and Muldoon and maybe a 3rd figure but that will be about it Dinos will really be the main focus for me.
>>
>>7055552
Yeah but the Acro really doesn't need a figure designated for the Star dinos. Action attack is nearly the same size as EC, so that's really the only realistic option
>>
>>7055652
Come on!
Look at that, I want it in scale !
>>
>>7055683
>>7055652
I shit the not it is quite close in size with the rex. The Action attack Scale will simply not do. No no not at all.
>>
>>7055697
Considering suchomimus could grow up to 11m as well and is, as an Attack Attack, slightly larger than the carnotaurus, I think it would scale fine as an AA, especially with the EC Rex.
>>
File: Acrocanthosaurus.jpg (93 KB, 750x600)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>7055683
Hey let's make this the New Villain of the franchise if it. Really is that big they are going to have to have something for JW3 and they did say they were not doing Hybrids anymore So why not an Acro. or Giga, or Saurinops it seems pretty reasonable doesn't it???
>>
>>7055708
I don't think the new movie will work in a sense of protagonists vs antagonist. It will be a different kind of narrative.
>>
>>7055708
>>7055709
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a new large predatory species introduced.
>>
>>7055703
Hmm good point I do find it annoying that they did that cause the Suchomimis is actually the same sixe as a T- Rex
>>
>>7055712
Almost, yes! I do actually think a T Rex could potentially grow a little larger, when you compare it with an EC Rex and some imagination I think it scales up pretty well.

What a cute picture!
>>
>>7055631
It's the big carnivores that are valuable loose, like the TLW Bull T-rex and the JP/// Electronic Spinosaur and the JP series 2 Carnotaurus.
>>
>>7055711
>>7055709
Same and yeah plot wise it gets old and predictable if they keep doing that .
But knowing modern Hollywood they will rehash the same damn plot 1000x and wonder what the F- went wrong. But yeah I'd like to see that too this last movie kind of sucked and felt like a Transformers movie so rushed and fast past you didn't get a chance to get a feel for the shit going on on the Island or in the Mansion, it had so much potential, Damn you Batons (Bay) dear God! they even share a name WTF.
>>
>>7055723
Batons = Bayona

Fuk Autocorrect!!!!!
>>
>>7055712
Just got suchomimus in the mail
Mines action feature is reeeaally loose.
Should I call mattel customer service or is every single one like that
>>
>>7055629
Does it came out in Europe ?
>>
>>7055839
Only in the UK, at one store, since a week or so.
>>
>>7055859
U guys are lucky, seriously.
>>
>>7055881
I'm not in the UK. Europe. We're getting the back end of it. No Legacy collection. Barely any wave 2. Had to go all over the place to find wave 1.

The US is the luckiest. All kinds of exclusives. Or course it seems now with the spino that the UK is lucky but don't worry, it will land in the US as well. Europe, not so much, since it's a Legacy figure. Depressing.
>>
>>7055885
I feel you anon, Frenchfag here. I was already pretty fucking surprised to see wave 2 in stores. Only picked up Ceratosaurus.

But goddamn I was so hype for Grant, Sattler and Muldoon. I wanted the EC Rex and Spino
Worse is, I can't even order them on a official website, Amazon or something. If I really want them I will have to buy them to a fucking US scalper with expensive shipping prices
>>
>>7055907
I am so sorry to hear anon, Dutchfag here and completely the same situation as you. I tried ordering from Mattel: beyond the fact that they only offer a selection of the stuff they brought out, shipping for two smaller Legacy figures (baby Rex and pachy) was 60 bux. What the hell man.

It's truly saddening. I am seriously thinking about going on a trip to the UK to find some stuff, but then the UK doesn't seem to have the human Legacy figures and.. well, just sigh.

Nothing ever changes.
>>
>>7055881
Yeah, no one in Europe is lucky right now, they have ONE sought after figure you wanna get your hands on, but they might not get a shit ton of the rest of the line
>>
>>7055936
Exactly. And that single figure is only available in the UK, not the rest of Europe and Smyths doesn't deliver abroad. Plus, that figure will land in the US anyway.
>>
>>7055935
I completly missed the Rampage movie line with this kind of shit. And a hundred of Star Wars figures.

Also I'm was pissed off because US got the whole line back in April. In France they only started popping up in a few stores in June.
>>
>>7055939
I can understand not selling the EC Rex, or the repaints of dinos, but come on. Not the whole line
>>
>>7055968
That seriously sucks sorry Europe.
Gosh you would think Mattel would want to actually sell there product and make some money what is wrong with you Mattel!
>>
>>7055998
Heh, they scale and they match.
>>
File: bullrex.jpg (93 KB, 640x480)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>7055502
When my cousin came up to my town during summer break, he got this, and we fired the guy in the cake out of the T-Rex like a rocket launcher.
>>
I've been looking at the mexican reviews of the destructasaur raptor and seems like it can't rotate its head (either that or the 3 fags reviewing the figure are retards and can't figure the joint).
>>
File: DeuOvJfW0AAmxVs.jpg (97 KB, 1200x1020)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>7056047
Ho boi doesn't sound as fun as when we were all hyped for it. I guess I'll wait to see what the copter will be like, I hope that has something going for it.
>>
File: DeuOzn2XkAEvvTy(1).jpg (142 KB, 1200x833)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>7056082
>Argggg! Get to Da Choppa!
>Get to Da Choppa!
>>
File: 2018mercenary.jpg (162 KB, 800x765)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>7056083
>>7056082
Hey, is that a 3.75 in (1:18) figure, if so that is going to be a must have when it hits shelves.
Speaking of when will we see the Destruct a Saurs???
>>
>>7048834
This is the right website to support trump but the wrong fan base to support trump
this is even terrain guys
>>
File: 2018descopter.jpg (195 KB, 800x738)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>7056083
Wait a second, is that the full sized Roarivore Pteranadon not the small legacy sized one???
If so that would make this set at least $30-$40 with all that's included.
>>
>>7056097
Da Fuck?!
>>
Looks like my comicon predictions were correct. I never would’ve guessed they would give away cancelled toys though!
>>
>>7055907
I hope France never sees good toys again. A bunch of scumbags over there. A girl can't even walk down the road without rape threats over there
>>
>>7056099
Yup it’s a bigger set than people realized. I’m assuming it’s the roarivore ptero without sounds.
>>
>>7056099
Yessir, Roarivore ptera without the electronics

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.