[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[spoiler] YORE [/spoiler]
[spoiler] New TF2 Action Figures [/spoiler]
>>
Tell me when a good co.pany gets the license.
>never.
>>
>>7042569
Fuck off, troll. NECA is good.
>>
>>7042577
Prove neca is good right now
>>
>>7042562
NEVER
EVER
>>
File: IMG_9453sml4.jpg (1.99 MB, 1499x1000)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>7042580

The figures are good photo subjects
>>
>>7042562
What's with the troll threads lately? Are you guys bored?
>>
>>7042646
Everyone but Heavy looks awkward in most photos.
>>
File: beta Neca.jpg (730 KB, 3264x2448)
730 KB
730 KB JPG
NEVER
FUCKING
EVER

But with these details I'm only half-mad.
>>
File: FIGURE-031144.jpg (3 KB, 80x80)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>7042562
>That spoiler attempt
Embarrassing.
>>
>>7042577
Bitch I have all of the TF2 figures and They all suck ass.
>>
>>7042831
I have them too, they don't suck ass. They're not amazing, but you're way over the line.
>>
when will valve take tf2 off life support
>>
>>7042562
>red box
ONE JOB NECA
ONE FUCKING JOB
I hate this company so much
>>
>>7042577
>red box
>sniper has no glasses
>the face on spy
I will never forgive them for these crimes
>>
>>7042659
Oh shit did they ever realease scout?
>>
>>7043051
this october confirmed
>>
File: IMG_9345.png (156 KB, 500x522)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>7043053
>>
>>7042562
>>7042646
>>7042659
>DOTA gets figma
>we get this shit
its not fair
>>
>>7043059
I mean, TF2 is basically dead, at this point only praise gaben xD redditors still play it.
>>
>>7043681
That shouldn't really be a factor since Portal 2 figmas recently came out and that game released years ago. TF2 is still being updated.
>>
>Gordon Freeman Figma never
>>
>>7042659
NECA's doing the bare minimum of getting these and the BLU repaints out the door, the Sniper doesn't even have his glasses and the BLU engineer has a RED toolbox. I hope Valve terminates their license after this failure of a toyline.
>>
>>7044665
>>
>>7044665
>>7044669
For as much love and attention to detail they put in their horror and Alien/Predator lines they absolutely did the bare minimum for their Valve products.
>>
>>7044665
>failure of a toyline.

It's Valve's fault the line has suffered like it has, dipshit. But keep sucking that Gabe cock. You might get a little dribble of something.
>>
>>7042577
Op's pic is a BLU Engi coming with a RED toolbox, which already came with the RED Engi. Sniper doesn't have his sunglasses out of some weird oversight. Engi and later-run Heavies have stubble that's way too dark when the first run Heavies looked alright. Spy's face is a disaster. Scout's face is bad and Medic's looks like it was based on some of the game's early concept art. Speaking of outdated, Soldier came with the medal glued to his chest that hadn't been on the base model or relevant for several years beforehand, Heavy didn't come with his iconic later-added Sandvich, and Sniper very likely isn't coming with Jarate.

And that's on top of the usual baffling NECA engineering decisions like dry-plastic gun triggers and paint-stuck joints, which either you or NECAnon are going to scream at me for even suggesting. -Point is-, these figures had no love put into them whatsoever and it shows if you've ever played the game past its Orange Box version. This line has been a long, wet fart and surely you can understand that.
>>
>>7044691
>valve's fault NECA does a shit job
Shill harder
>>
>>7044712
They're limited by what the licensor wants, but go ahead, shill for Valve some more.
>>
>>7044705
>which either you or NECAnon are going to scream at me for
You got BTFO from the other thread, and you're going to start that lame garbage here, too? You're pathetic.
>>
File: 1440543032810.gif (1.71 MB, 500x500)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB GIF
ladies, ladies. valve and neca are BOTH shit in their respective industries
>>
>>7044714
Yeah, because Valve totally asked NECA to leave off Sniper's sunglasses and pack the wrong color of toolbox with engi.
>>7044717
I haven't hashed shit out with you in a long while, NECAslut.
>>
>>7044705
>This line has been a long, wet fart and surely you can understand that.
You sound like the incels that whine about Last Jedi and Holdo/Rose toys.
>>
>>7044721
>NECAslut.
Cute, you're projecting your problems again.

>>7044721

>Yeah, because Valve totally asked NECA to leave off Sniper's sunglasses and pack the wrong color of toolbox with engi.
If Valve's costs and demands fucked over the budgeting, then yes, it very likely worked out exactly that way.
>>
>>7044722
Difference is I gave several valid, demonstrable issues with NECA's TF2 line while the Star Wars incels are crying over feminism.
>>7044725
>If Valve's costs and demands fucked over the budgeting, then yes, it very likely worked out exactly that way.
So red paint costs less than blue paint now?
>>
>>7044721
Why do you think it is nobody wants to license shit from Valve? They're a terrible company to work with.
>>
>>7044728
>So red paint costs less than blue paint now?
The paint itself isn't a cost, but the application sure is. Go to China and learn something from the factories there, you'll come off looking less dimwitted.
>>
>>7044730
>Why do you think it is nobody wants to license shit from Valve?
Because they haven't made a proper new game in years and their older games are becoming obscure? I'm not denying they're a horribly mismanaged company but those seem like the more likely reasons.

And Gordon Freeman is getting a new figure, anyway.
http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/12/half-life-2-gordon-freeman-figure-by-mondo-305747
>>
File: 1494600675383.gif (1.07 MB, 356x321)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>>7044736
Okay then, how is blue paint more expensive to apply than red paint?
>>
>>7044741
You tell me, you got all the answers.
>>
>>7044737
>Mondo

Guaranteed janky shit.
>>
>>7044742
Oh man, you dug that hole spectacularly.

You said the toolbox being the wrong color was a budget thing. Burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>7044742
What did he mean by this
There be powerful shillery in this thread
>>
>>7044752
The proof is that it's the wrong color. It's easily a budget issue. If you don't like that answer, Twitter is right there.
>>
File: smugward.png (694 KB, 546x610)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
>>7044760
>>
>>7044763
I mean he has a point. Ask on Twitter if you're that bothered by it.
>>
>>7044768
I don't have a twitter and the burden of proof is still on him.

I hope he does go ask them if the paint was a budget issue. Randy could use a laugh.
>>
>>7044776
>I don't have a twitter and the burden of proof is still on him.

No, if you're not willing to ask then it's all on you. I'm happy with the figures, I'm just not on the autism scale like you are.

And the proof is how toys get made. Everything is budgeted. Things get cut and paint apps get dropped. It's very likely they're reusing some of the accessories already manufactured to cut the cost. But again, if that isn't "proof" enough for you, it doesn't take long to sign up to Twitter. Unless you have to ask your mom for permission, first.
>>
>>7044760
>costs more to paint it blue
No, not at all. Even ordering it painted blue would be a simple, inexpensive task for any company but NECA
>>
>>7044785
Not true at all. I dare you to convince any big company to do it. Go on, talk to Mattel and Hasbro, hell even Hot Toys and Sideshow. They'll laugh in your face.
>>
>>7044794
I meant NECA ordering it from the factory
>>
>>7044784
>It's very likely they're reusing some of the accessories already manufactured to cut the cost.
If that really were the case it would make much more sense to eat the cost of repainting those few toolboxes and make adequate sales off the run than it would be to fuck up the entire run of product and lose sales just because you reused the old toolbox on a fraction of them. Throwing a whole 'nother paint color into the manufacturing process also involves more maintenance if they're using airbrushes, which adds up in cleaning fluid and time.
>>
>>7044818
Why would you expect a company to eat the cost on a dead video game with bitchy ass fans like you? I'm glad they're releasing the final figures, but if they wash their hands of Valve after this, it'd be all the better. Valve and its games deserve to rot.
>>
>>7043059
Only three though. Portal got the best of Figma.

>>7043681
>On Steam's top ten games
>Dead
The SFM/Gmod movies practically advertise the game themselves.
>>
>>7044853
PUBG is a better game than TF2.
>>
>>7044833
>Why would you expect a company to eat the cost on a dead video game with bitchy ass fans like you?
Because, assuming you're right on some off-chance, they stand to lose more money by fucking the figure up and going the extra mile to keep it that way.
>>
>>7044859
I doubt that.
>>
>>7044725
>Cute, you're projecting your problems again.

One day NECAnon will learn what projection is
>>
>>7044855
LMAO
>>
>>7044896
Only if you learn what it is first.
>>
>>7044916
SICK burn dude.
>>
>>7044916
>That kid who said I know you are but what am I
>>
>>7044926
It's good enough for a retard like you.
>>
File: kill me.png (517 KB, 984x742)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
>>7044691
>It's Valve's fault the line has suffered

Really now? Is it Valve who dictated you guys make the least popular special infected from Left 4 Dead to launch that toy line with and not its main characters or the more popular special infected. Causing it to flop on launch. Was it Valve that dictated the Spy's terrible paint job? Was it Valve that dictated the scout can't hold a running pose because you guys opted for diaper pants and no abcrunch?

NECA didn't give a shit about (Valve) videogames and only stays in their comfort zone of ugly monsters for the Left 4 Dead figures as Randy refused to make the survivors because "normal people wearing regular clothes are boring." When it was announced that NECA had the Valve license you had fans excited and even doing the work for you by holding polls which Left 4 Dead monsters they wanted most and yet you didn't do shit with that.
>>
>>7045423
>he least popular special infected

Oh this again, huh? Too bad those figures were actually great, whether they were "least popular" or not. I don't even play those shitty games, but I bought the figures because they looked so good.

But yeah, keep crying like the little bitch you are. And you don't even own the Scout yet, but yeah keep crying about diapers, since it sounds like you need yours changed.
>>
>>7045529
It's funny how you take any kind of criticism towards NECA like someone smack-talked your parents. It's a company, not your dad.

Actually, thinking about it, you're like Barneyfag in reverse. Are you using a search script too?
>>
>>7042652
school's out
>>
>>7045543
>Randy is NECAnon
>>
>>7045543
Maybe he's just tired of your fanboy tears? I know I am. You idiots always turn everything into a worst, most annoying ruckus.

And it's funny, too, someone did point out how fast you guys will resort to bamecalling. Right on cue with that, it seems.
>>
>>7045583
Stop samefagging, it's obvious as fuck every thread. Same grammar, same attitude, same thought process, always when someone addresses how irrational and hostile you, in particular, are against anyone who suggests NECA isn't some infallible charity. Go ahead and backspace a (You) and screenshot it, it's not fooling anyone here who's familiar with your antics over the years. There's a reason you became a "boogeyman."

You pull this shit whenever you run out of arguments and want to fight some more on NECA's behalf, so I'll just leave you here on that note. Go ahead and mouth off some more petty mental gymnastics to feel better about it, I won't be reading them.
>>
>>7045583
Go away, Jin. Neca's not going to hire you. I doubt Randy wants a racist on staff anyway.
>>
>>7044909
Not him, and I can't stand PUBG, but at least PUBG actually works and doesn't run, play and look worse now than it did 10 years ago.
>>
>>7044675
>they absolutely did the bare minimum for their Valve products.
Especially on the spy, that shit is hideous
>>
>>7045899
You're right PUBG didnt need to wait 10 years to be total shit, it was garbage before its actual complete release.
>>
>>7042562
Really want it in red but I preordered the blue.
>>
>>7042831
Cool man. Wanna sell the red engy?
>>
>>7047402
It's really not that bad. And regardless of that, it's a super good figure, bought him at TRU back when that wave came out and I still really like him.
>>
>>7044736
Hi there, industryfag here. Both boxes have the same number of paint apps, so the difference in cost between the RED run and the BLU run would be negligible. The expensive part about paint apps is the human labor per unit, the cost of switching the line from RED to BLUE once the Pantones were picked (they already were for the figure itself) is nothing.
>>
>>7047759
So NECA is cutting corners here
>>
>>7047759
>nothing
Hi, you don't actually know shit if you think that's true.
>>
tfw no Figuarts TF2 Mercs
>>
I got the Gordon Freeman rerelease and it's quite nice. It's a shame the TF2 line is shit.
>>
>>7048537
>>7048630

The only ways to reduce cost in a toy’s paint application are
1. Use less expensive paint (ie, no special effects)
2. Reduce the number of paint apps (this reduces the cost per unit greatly)
3. Reduce the complexity of the paint app (ie, fewer colors per unit, with fewer details that require hand painting, leaving parts unpainted.)

A part completely painted the wrong color costs the same as a part completely painted the correct color. A straight pallete swap adds much less than a penny to the production cost per unit, the only way they could have saved money was by NOT painting the toolbox at all (which would have saved a few cents per unit due to the manual labor). The cost to have someone designate new Pantones is nominal per unit, and given that those Pantones were already picked for the BLU figure itself it would have cost, again, a tiny fraction of a single penny per unit to have someone go though and change the values of the existing RED paint to BLU.

TL;DR: They were absolutely being cheap and lazy.
>>
>>7048752
To put it in perspective, they spent many times more on the Spy’s shitty, shitty face than they would have changing a toolbox assembly line from RED to BLU.
>>
>>7048752
>TL;DR: They were absolutely being cheap and lazy.
Yeah, too bad they really weren't though.
>>
>>7048801
Alright then, dazzle us with your insider knowledge. How WEREN’T they being lazy and cheap?
>>
>>7048959
They're paying to get the toys out there, that isn't being cheap or lazy. If there's imperfections, that's bound to happen. Likely this was the only way to even get the figures out at this point, especially with the way Valve is.
>>
>>7043059
one figure is 60 bucks and the other around 25
>>
>>7048762
If these dumbasses would just use colored plastic instead of painting fucking everything, they could save money. It would also mean less paint slop or chips.
>>
>>7048967
>They’re paying to get the figures out there!
>Cutting so many corners that the end product suffers

By that logic, Chinese knockoffs are quality product because someone made the effort to produce them. Still lazy and cheap, try again.

>>7049001
Raw, unpainted plastic would have actually been worse. Adding textures besides ‘shiny Chinese crap’ into molds is an expensive process in its own right, though not as expensive as paint.
>>
>>7044722
At least he has actually criticisms, owns the toys, and is a fan of the series.
Holdo-Anon literally just spams WRONG over and over when people say anything positive about post-2006 Star wars
>>
>>7049690
I think you're just going to have to paint the screwed up parts yourself. I know it's disappointing that NECA and Valve are cripple-dicked morons but that's about all you can do if you want them bad enough.
>>
>>7048995
And it definitely shows, huh?
:^)
>>
>>7042659
If they ever release scoot, I will have to buy Figma Tracer for them to race.
>>
>>7045529
>I don't even play those shitty games, but I bought the figures because they looked so good

Wow, you were definitely the target audience to the L4D toyline, a guy who doesn't know anything about the game. No wonder the line was so successful!
>>
>>7050597
Maybe you shouldn't have been such a little bitch and supported the line then? If you even cared about it, you would've bought the figures instead of whining.
>>
>>7050073
Good luck getting it to hold a pose that remotely looks like it's running
>>
>>7050790
>you should support things financially if they don't do what you want, because there's a 1% chance they might do what you want

Now I know this is Jin Saotome because only a long-time Hasbro fantard has this dumbass mentality AND blows Neca's 3" dick.

Enjoy giving money to HaSJWbro, asshole, because you're an addict, plain and simple.

So you, so hue.
>>
>>7051004
>HaSJWbro
You should've just said you were a delusional fuck right from the start, would've just saved everyone a ton of time having to listen to you.
>>
>>7051011
Yeah I'm delusional for calling them SJW when they've promoted such ideas since the 80s, prompted IDW to be hardcore feminist, etc. God fucking damn you are an idiot, in denial, just keep giving them your money while pretending they're not SJW. In other words, be a typical Hasbro fan
>>
>>7050790
That's daft. Buy toys you don't like in hopes it motivates the company to make toys you like?
>>7051004
But then again, I don't want to agree with this asshole either
>>
>>7051040
Well the people that did like those zombies did buy them.
>>
>>7050790
>>7051022
So which of you was born retarded, and which had some kind of accident?

>>7051040
Buying substandard toys just tells the company that substandard toys sell.
>>
>>7042562
I feel like a big chunk problem with the TF2 toys was that they modeled them off their appearance in gameplay, not the promotional material. Minimally-animated minimal-personality, deadfaced neutral expressions.

The shitty paintjobs make up the rest of the failure.
>>
>>7051054
They weren't substandard toys. Do you even own the fuckin' zombies? They're truly great figures. Hell the Boomer has some really neat engineering to pull off the exploding look and all.
>>
>>7051058
demoman had a nice smirk
heavy's expression is pretty accurate
only wish soldier had his scowl
>>
>>7051060
You’re way too upset over shitty action figures.

>>7051088
They’re still fairly understated compaired even to their depictions in the ‘Meet the Team’ promos. Granted, the line was started before half the Meet The series was out, as well as before the rest of the shorts, and before the comics really hit their characterizations. But they just come off as super bland representations of goofy, overthetop characters.
>>
>>7051109
>You’re way too upset over shitty action figures.
And you're a fuckhead who doesn't know what a good action figure is.
>>
>>7051088
demoman can't stand without falling over and soldier's paint chipped when you looked at it funny.
>>
>>7051110
Are you trying to be hurtful? Over substandard chunks of badly-painted poorly-planned plastic? Because it’s coming off as desperate and lulzy.

>>7051003
They couldn’t even engineer Scout to pose like a Scout. Bland face, low range of poseability. He probably can’t even crazylegs to make up for his inability to ‘run’.
>>
File: 1370650505525.jpg (218 KB, 612x916)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>7045633
Holy fuck anon, was he worth all that?
>>
>>7042562
>main soldier
>soldier got the only good figure in the line
feelsgoodman.jpeg
>>
>>7051125
>Over substandard chunks of badly-painted poorly-planned plastic?
Proof that you don't have a clue of what you're talking about. You're just whining trash at this point.
>>
>>7051136
>n-no they’re good! I like them so they’re g-good!

Cry more.
>>
>>7051197
>I-I don't h-have to know wh-what I'm talking about! M-m-mean ol' N-Neca made me sad so e-everything is shit!

Die more.
>>
NECA shill vs upset fanboy: the thread
>>
>>7051209
>’Neca’s releases were poorly designed and executed because x, y, z, q, and t.
>’Y-You should die’

You understand that, as a company and not a human being, Neca can’t suck your dick, right? No one involved cares about you beyond ‘moron who pays money for low quality’. There’s nothing for you to try to defend.
>>
>>7051353
They weren't poorly designed and executed at all. Sure as hell not the zombies. But you're going to cry more about "not muh favorites" instead.
>>
>>7051368
I think you have me confused with Release Orderanon. I’m Industryanon, the one who detailed why ‘hurr bblrr blue paint expensuv’ is a nonargument.

However, I do have to agree that the release order was a mistake. Being able to research and interpret demand for characters and designs in order to decide release order is important, so picking characters the fandom doesn’t care about as a first release is a major oversight. It’s why we get releases of main characters first and then side characters after the main sold well in lines like Figma and Figuarts, and why the main cast were the first Star Wars toys before they eventually spiralled down to ‘Dumpster Droid #17’. It’s a proven methodology to multistage toy releases.
>>
>>7045423
They seriously didn't make the Hunter, Tank or Witch? The fuck?
I would've bought the shit out of a Hunter or Witch figure.
>>
>>7051381
Oh fuck off. The figures they released were good ones. It's better they did those two first anyway, especially the Boomer. L4D isn't Star Wars or anything of that caliber, your comparison holds no water.
>>
>>7051394
I bought the shit out of Smoker and Boomer. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>7051400
So do you have any support for your assertion besides your emotions? Because chipping paint, incorrect color pallets, poor poseability, poor sculpts, and badly-planned release order are objective complaints. All you have are ‘Nu-uh!’
>>
>>7051403
>What's wrong with you?
Nothing? I never really cared about the Smoker or Boomer.
>>
>>7051410
Paint chipping is not a problem, and it's on every toy ever. If you sperg out over that, you need a new hobby.

The figures I have pose just fine. I guess you expect Figma articulation on a $20 figure, and you'd be a fool for thinking that way.

The sculpts are good. The paint suffers on the TF2 figures, but the sculpts are still very good, and the L4D zombies are fucking amazing sculpts, so you're once again wrong there.

And there's nothing badly planned about the release order.
>>
>>7051420
He wishes he mattered, that sums it all up.
>>
>>7051433
What?
>>
>>7051432
Paint rubbing and wearing off over time is expected, but actual chips flaking off is a defect that is actually regulated as part of safety considerations for toys. If Neca didn’t slap an exagerated age rating on their product they would not pass minimum requirements for paint.
L This is all before we get to ‘it’s collector’s product meant to be posed, there shouldn’t be paint flakes in the bottom of the package before you even get it home’.

You’re also forgetting that Figma were originally $30 during the era the TF2 and L4D figures were originally released, and that included extra parts and better poseability.
>>
>>7051450
>an exagerated age rating
Man you are one retarded motherfucker.
>>
>>7051457
Good to know you don’t have an actual counter argument to that ether.
>>
>>7051450
>Figma were originally $30 during the era the TF2 and L4D figures were originally released, and that included extra parts and better poseability.

Not who you're arguing with, but ss someone who bought Figma back then, and still does, you are lying. Flat out.
>>
>>7051459
What is there to counter? You're wrong. And now you're making claims about the safey requirements and all this other shit? You don't have an argument.
>>
>>7051463
I picked up my first Miku, Len, and Rin for $30 each at the Goodsmile Booth at NYCC. Every Figma I own, up to but not including Love Machine, were in the $30 pricepoint.
>>
>>7051469
You have some shit taste there. But you're still full of it if you think that's how much they were.
>>
>>7051463
>Search up the initial prices of 10 figma released in roughly the same time period as the initial TF2 figures
>3048, 3619, 2667, 3333, 3333, 3333, 3619, 3048, 3333, 3333
>Averages out to 3266 yen, or $29
3,333 yen seemed to be the most common price here too, at least according to GSC's website.
>>
>>7051475
Should I specify that it was $30US? Because I’m starting to think you might be from 3rd World shithole. There’s no other reason to cling to Neca as a paragon of quality unless you’re literally playing with trash.
>>
>>7051481
>unless you’re literally playing with trash.
No, that would be playing with Figma, all right.
>>
>>7051479
>>7051481
The US is a third world shithole. Regardless the figures weren't that much. And I'd always hope an import that cost more would be a better quality than the US, on top of not having the same bullshit regulations.
>>
>>7051491
>US
>third world
You can argue about it being shit all you want, but that's not what third world means.
>>
>>7051493
I'm sure you're all about making America great again, but he's not wrong.
>>
>>7051495
>No argument
>Just slings insults
America is shit, but it's still not third world.
Third world refers to developing countries, which America is not. It's a shithole, but it's not a third world shithole.
>>
>>7051495
Look, an actual retard!

>>7051493
You’re assuming the average Summerfag has at least a middle school-level education. Sadly, you are mistaken.
>>
>>7051500
The argument is you're autistic about paint flakes. Something that matters so little in the grand scheme of things. But you'll complain about everything you can.
>>
>>7051511
>you're autistic about paint flakes
You're talking to an entirely different guy here.
>>
>>7051515
He samefags so much that he assumes everyone is just a single, second poster.
>>
File: IMG_1262.jpg (596 KB, 2074x1383)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
>another batshit insane NECA thread

Well im enjoying MY figures, at the very least i can say that, can you anons?
Some of you fuckers swear you were held at gunpoint and forced to buy shit you don't want
>>
>>7051522
You don't have an argument, so you start bawling about "samefag" and you get that wrong, too. Funny.

>>7051515
Well what can I say? Your stupidity bleeds together.
>>
>>7051531
Bruh I’m on your side.

Necafag assumes everyone else is just one person.
>>
>>7051531
Now you're just being rude for no reason. I'm sorry that you didn't know what third world means.
>>
File: 20180715_144930.jpg (55 KB, 1000x578)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>7051525
My nugga
>>
>>7050790
>Maybe you shouldn't have been such a little bitch and supported the line then? If you even cared about it, you would've bought the figures instead of whining.

People did buy them. It didn't matter. This isn't kickstarter. You shouldn't expect your customers to buy characters they don't want to "unlock" characters that are actually popular.

>>7051403
>I bought the shit out of Smoker and Boomer. What's wrong with you?
>>7051420
>Nothing? I never really cared about the Smoker or Boomer.

>>7051394
>They seriously didn't make the Hunter, Tank or Witch? The fuck?
>I would've bought the shit out of a Hunter or Witch figure.

>>7051381
>picking characters the fandom doesn’t care about as a first release is a major oversight

The fact is, if Neca made that decision universally, fine, maybe they're just full on retarded. But they only did that for L4D. It's the equivalent of announcing alien and predator lines, releasing hudson and dallas, and then cancelling the line because "no one cared about the franchise".

Oh wait, except they didn't do that, they released an alien and a predator, because those are the figures people want.

>>7051381
>It’s why we get releases of main characters first and then side characters after the main sold well in lines like Figma and Figuarts, and why the main cast were the first Star Wars toys before they eventually spiralled down to ‘Dumpster Droid #17’. It’s a proven methodology to multistage toy releases.

If a company can't figure out multi-stage toy releases, it's not my fault for not buying them. They literally picked the least popular characters in the entire franchise to pilot the toy line and pretended to be confused when it failed.

Buying the two random zombies didn't help. No amount of kickstarter level pledging would have helped that line.
>>
>>7052135
I think you've proven the fandom doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about 98% of the time. I'm glad they didn't listen to you.
>>
>>7052151
>I'm glad they didn't listen to you.
Yeah, what a bummer if that line had been successful and full of characters instead of dying at two of the least popular.

>>7052151
>the fandom doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about 98% of the time.
Except everyone says the same thing, they should have made one survivor and one zombie per wave.

Lucky us, the fandom didn't know what they were talking about, so NECA used their insider knowledge into the things the fandom weren't talking about to produce a toyline that failed.

I'm also glad they didn't listen to me and instead listened to you. Look how much money they didn't make!
>>
>>7052181
>Yeah, what a bummer if that line had been successful and full of characters instead of dying at two of the least popular.

Keep crying. I got two amazing zombie figures out of it. It's your fault and your fault alone for the line failing.
>>
>>7052186
Oh shit, I didn't know I was the fully retarded owner of NECA. You got two cool zombies instead of ten! You're happy you got two things you didn't care about instead of ten things you didn't care about.

You're the lowest common denominator, you'll eat any shit handed to you and pretend it's good because you don't know any better. Just like Neca doesn't know any better. They have no idea what they're doing. Time for more predator repaints!

I pity you.
>>
>>7052217
I don't have to pretend something is good when it is good, Smoker and Boomer are stellar action figures. I own them and am happy I picked them up.

And yeah, NECA doesn't know what they're doing, that's why they've been in business all these years, right? But yeah, you keep telling yourself that. Stick it to the man! Yeah! That'll show them! That'll make yourself feel like a real big boy, I bet.

I'm glad the line is dead because of people like you, honestly. You're undeserving as fuck.
>>
>>7052217

I hope this is a bait post, because this is just too much stupid to be topped. Why are you such a miserable human being?
>>
>>7052231
>You're undeserving as fuck.
>You're undeserving for DARING to say that a company has made poor decisions in its past
Of course they've made more good decisions than bad (they'd be out of business otherwise), but it's completely inane to claim that they've known what they're doing 100% of the time and that people aren't allowed to criticize them at all.
If the Left 4 Dead line is dead, then it's pretty obvious that there's a reason for that. Nobody's immune to making poor choices, it's just how people work.
>>
NECA really brings out the worst in people
>>
>>7052481
TF2 really brings out the worst in people
>>
>>7052500
>>7052500
Shit toy company+shit game company+shit fans= shit show
>>
>>7042841
they are un-poseable, seriously the worst designed and stiffest joints

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.