[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 123 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

So /toy/, anyone have this bootleg Bloodborne figure? Can anyone attest to the quality? Also, bootleg general
>>
File: 2018-09-15 03.45.14.jpg (244 KB, 1060x1883)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>
>bootleg figmas
>>
File: 165db90eb6a3d28d7.jpg (68 KB, 900x612)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>7158683
>>
>>7158683
Those aren't bootlegs, since there's no original/official figure to bootleg
They'd be 3rd party
>>
In terms of paint it seems to chip off easier on bootlegs but I've never had a problem with bootlegs breaking or anything. But every bootleg I've ever touched stinks like toxic plastic chemicals and makes me dizzy. These things can't be safe. People make a big deal out of lead paints but I've personally tested a few for lead and never got a positive result. But the PVC manufacturing process is apparently toxic as fuck and the plastic itself can potentially be dangerous. I'm pretty sure bootlegs will give me brain damage in older age.
>>
>>7158856
>I've never had a problem with bootlegs breaking or anything
I, on the other hand, have. I've bought a handful of bootleg Figmas over the years just for fun and in more than one case, things just break abruptly. No stress marks, no stiffness, no warning whatsoever, just suddenly the thing is in two pieces in your hand while posing (or in one memorable case, when I just picked it up off the shelf).
>>
Does anyone have bootlegs of Nendo Kirby and Sonic?
Any comparisons you could give or comment on their quality?
>>
20 gets you a fairly decent Deku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPNCNz0PkTQ
>>
Figma Fireball Drossel recently got bootlegged. Check EBay for ‘Figma Drossel’. Aliexpress too.
>>
File: plusultrabootleg.png (27 KB, 501x243)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>7161727
decided to get one, hopefully i get a good one
>>
does anyone have the solid snake figma bootleg? Is he as bad as he looks in pics or worse? How the fuck do I get a real one when every listing on ebay is the bootleg?
>>
>>7163277
It's pretty bad but mine came with at least 5 baggies containing 10 tiny cigarettes.
>>
How are the bootleg horse figmas?
>>
I recently got 3 bootlegs.

1) SHF TDK Batman - Crap. Good sculpting. Alternate head has poorly painted teeth but that actually makes him look better because it makes his lips more obvious. Left leg assembled backwards. Weak tolerances all around. I fixed up most of the issues but his arm still likes to fall off. His price was cheap but still not worth it.

Mafex Flash: Crap-ish. Terrible unmasked head. Left arm is assembled backwards. Torso missing the cup to hold the ball-joint for the neck. Again, issues fixed. Now the right arm sort of wants to fall off and I'm iffy on the neck. But otherwise okay for the good tolerances. He'd be decent if his price was the same as the bootleg Bats above.

SHF DX Body-kun - Decent. No consistency in plastic color. It was a mistake to pay extra for the DX version. But otherwise, good tolerances all around. Same price as the bootleg Mafex Flash. If he was the same price as the Bats above, I might have ordered a second one.
>>
>>7161675
I've seen pics of the kirby, some look fine but others have derpy eyes. No way to tell before it arrives
>>7163277
Don't use ebay
>>
Just got bootleg Revoltech Carnage for 18 bucks shipped from ebay. It is on par with recent Revoltach KO's and is pretty damn decent for 18 bucks. Comes with clicky Revol joints and the paint and sculpt look very good except for the eyes. The eyes are bit sloppy not sure if that is a problem with the original. Also his torso was on backwards but I just twisted it into correct position. Glad I saved my self at least 50 bucks off an original.
>>
>>7164628
Seems like in the past 6 or 7 years bootlegs have gotten seriously great, at least ever since those NECA TMNT bootlegs. I've bought a few different bootlegs and they've definitely saved me money. Of course they can be fairly inconsistent and I'd recommend doing your homework before you buy a bootleg. But if you're a poorfag they can honestly be a godsend. Like
>>7158856
said though they should probably be bought with some degree of caution. Fucky Hong Kong shops manufacturing sketchy bootleg toys aren't going to have the same regulations and safety measures a legitimate manufacturer is going to have.
>>
File: PSX_20180919_171344.jpg (458 KB, 1763x2545)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
>>7164628
>>7164671

18 bucks get you this. Its really crazy hiw good these AY KOs are. I thought fir sure Carnage would be a mess.
>>
>>7164683

The pegs that hold the toes and the jaw in are longer than the original for sure. The eyes are a bit sloppier and paint in general is probably a bit sloppier than a legit. Anyone one know what other differences there are? It looks pretty good compared to my other legit AY's.
>>
File: PSX_20180921_145747.jpg (770 KB, 1741x3094)
770 KB
770 KB JPG
Bootleg Ultimate Jungle Hunter. Has some paint issues but like most Neca Bootlegs not far off from the original. The accessories actually look really good although you can tell they seem a little brittle. Nothing is crumbling or broken and seems pretty solid fir a KO.
>>
File: PSX_20180921_145818.jpg (960 KB, 3035x1760)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>>7167176
Next to a legit Fugitive. Looks on par to me.
>>
File: PSX_20180921_152717.jpg (1.12 MB, 1738x3089)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Box shots
>>
File: PSX_20180921_152733.jpg (580 KB, 1681x2252)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>7167210

28 bucks shipped from Ebay. I also have a preorder for the legit one being released soon so I cam compare.
>>
>>7164683
Is the original this red and shiny? If it isn't I'm liking it a lot more than the original. It could just be the lighting, though.
>>
>>7161727
I got one for 10 bucks, can't wait to see how bad it is. I like the show, but Deku isn't worth more than $60 as a character.
>>
File: P1050617.jpg (1.49 MB, 2048x1536)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>7167240
the original is pretty shiny. The big issues with the knock off are the neck doesn't look to sit very deep in the chest like the official which fucks with proportions some, also the official has a subtle but incredibly striking slight metallic eye paint which causes the white portions of his eyes to pop like crazy in photos similar to the logo on official Air jordans and knock offs.

>pic official
>>
>>7167218
why... why would you buy a knockoff for $28 when the legit one is like $5 more if that... I picked up the exact figure, but legit from a FYE store for $30.
>>
>>7163432
Like all Figma bootlegs, joints can be iffy. Some can be loose, some too tight, and some with a decent amount of needed resistance. Peg holes can sometimes be shallow, making joints ‘stick out’ a little in some spots. Overall though, the horses are okay for bootlegs save that getting them to stand on their own is difficult due to the aforementioned loose joints here and there. But it comes with a stand, so that can be remedied. If you need a 1/12 horse that won’t break the bank then look no further. As for fodder for customs, also good as a base depending on your ideas. I plan to turn mine into an entelodont.
>>
>>7167254

Because legit ones are no longer 30 and go for rape prices unless you are lucky. Same with Ultimate City hunter. They are getting re released though.
>>
File: PSX_20180921_160629.jpg (780 KB, 1823x2747)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
Dont mind shelling out for a 28 dollar bootleg since these are long gone around me anywhere retail and online they go for over 120. Especially with ebay and paypal buyer protection. Potentially you can get them for free if you feel like being an asshole. If the KO is trash i get a refund. Since its decent Ill enjoy it until my re release gets here. Its 28 bucks im not going to miss it and im getting my moneys worth.
>>
>>7167253

Neck is the same exact piece so most likely a tolerance, joint or user issue. The eyes are extremely sloppy on the KO that would really be the main difference that I can see and It looks like the use a lighter shade of red for some of the parts.
>>
>>7164603
>I've seen pics of the kirby, some look fine but others have derpy eyes. No way to tell before it arrives
Do bootleg sellers refund you in cases like that?
>>
>>7167304

If you notify seller you are not satisfied and provide a legitimate reason they will usually always try and work it out with you so you are. If not then you can escalate up to Ebay/Paypal and they usually always side with the buyer.
>>
>>7167277
I think that's getting a reissue, man.
>>
>>7161799
Hate to spoil your "discovery", but she's had knock offs since the very beginning. You're a few years late, Sparkles.
>>
>>7167277
>Since its decent Ill enjoy it until my re release gets here.
>>7167322
>I think that's getting a reissue, man.

The genius of /toy/, everyone.
>>
>>7167322

>>Since it's decent Ill enjoy it until my re release gets here

It def is getting one. I just started collecting Preds though and until those re releases finally come out my collection is seriously lacking. I entered at a good time I guess.
>>
>>7167316
Thanks, anon. I think I'll take the risk and order one
>>
>Oh nononono
>>
>>7167341

NP, and its not really a risk more like and adventure. You will def get a refund if you request one. Just don't abuse it and refund something you like or want to keep. That's just bad juju.
>>
>>7161727
Deku was so bare bones he wasn't worth the 7000yen but we got people out here spending $400 for it.
>>
>>7167344
>bruh look at that face
>>
>>7167344

The Gwens were pretty bad paint wise. After Gwen the all started getting better though and that has held through with Carnage. I bet Batman if they attempt it is a mess though. I don't see how they can pull the KO of that and make it work.
>>
>>7167347

Yeah that's pretty bad. Although compare a KO magneto to a legit one and it's a completely different story. You can't even tell the difference on most of the parts.
>>
>>7167344
>>7167347
This is a real bad batch
I picked up a Revo Gwen a few months after the official release and she looks much better than these
I'll try to upload some comparison pics tomorrow
>>
>>7167352
What are the best KO ranked?
>>
>>7167356
magneto-wolverine-captain america> carnage>>gwen>>venom>spiderman-deadpool
>>
>>7167374
Guess I'm getting bootleg Magnetto. Worst come to worst, I just tell ebay they're selling bootlegs. I did that do get a bootleg Megaman.exe to replace a lost part.
>>
>>7167374

I'd agree with this but swap Venom and Gwen. Venom has an issue with bad joints but if you replace the torso joint with the extra one included with Wolverine or wherever he is fine.
>>
>>7167344
>>7167346
paint is not good, but the posing and makes it way worse than what i've seen in other pictures, also the hood is backwards
>>
>>7167376

I have one and the only really weak part is the stand which will probably break with how heavy the figure is. Everything else is top notch quality even for a KO. Even the cape has nice joints and even accurate colors. His shading is even decent throughout (not great but decent). The faces look spot on. You can usually find him for around 20 -25. He's def worth that.
>>
>>7167378
it's more of a personal preference, i"d rather have minor paint details than lose joints, objectively they are around the same level
>>
File: gwenface.jpg (78 KB, 816x459)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>7167354
Ok so here's a comparison of the unmasked heads on my bootleg Gwen and official Gwen
I'll try to upload some full figure shots later; the photos I took of that came out real bad
>>
>>7161799
ooh thanks for pointing that out, just went and ordered one
>>
>>7167817
more than paint, the sculpt looks fucked up, how about the masks?
>>
How much of a health hazard do bootlegs really pose?

I want to get the effect piece from this nendoroid venusaur, but I'm wary about going the cheap route if it's kinda dangerous to handle...
>>
>>7168204
if you dont suck on it or stick it up your ass its fine, if its greasy or smells at all just wash it and it will be fine
>>
>>7168204
Some anons have bought lead-paint test kits from home improvement stores to see if there was any lead in the paint of their bootleg toys (myself included). There's a few youtube videos of people testing lego minifigs and the test turning up negative. I tested bootlegs of the Revo Jizai skeleton, Figma horse, and Figma Ryuko, and all turned up negative. Again, don't put them in your mouth, wash your hands after handling before touching your face or eating, and any chemicals should be washed off in the process.
>>
>>7168204
The only lead paint I know if is from official toys getting caught with it from factories that went cheap.

So... you're not safe if you "stitck wif weegwe" toys.
>>
>>7168650
>"stitck wif weegwe"
What?

>>7168566
>>7168578
Cheers lads. Might get it after all then if I there's a low chance it'll twist my dna into pretzels.
>>
>>7167374
Wolverine is a Fucking shit, loose joints, stucked claws, bad paint apps in the face, totally shit
>>
How are bootleg nendos in general?
Just got my first official one and I'm impressed with how much articulation they fit in such a small package. But with how tiny they are, I don't think I could justify the $50 price tag again.
Seems like it would be easy for parts to fit together wonky in a bootleg though, not to mention the tiny paint apps.
>>
>>7168764
I own three and they're all terrible clumps of plastic with parts that don't fit, missing accessories, and terrible paint.
>>
>>7168746
corporate whore bitches are often up their own ass over bootlegs because "they're not legal" and no other reason. They pretend official releases are always superior, which in the case of Transformers, is no longer true. KOs are often better than official TFs now. Even "crap" ones like THF Soundwave are still no worse than the overpriced kiddie crap HasTomy makes. Morons think that high price tag = quality. Go ahead, drop $200 on a fucking leader class and tell yourself it's a collectible, that makes it real.

Now if only other KO makers sunk in as much effort.
>>
>>7169054
Are unlicensed third party companies still considered bootlegs? I always imagine leggers as a few Chinese guys working out of a basement, trying to pass off their plastic turd as the official company's product. Most third party transformers are their own company with actual production quality though.
>>
>>7169095
Did I mention 3P? No. Go back and read. I said straight KOs.
>>
>>7169054
Are you feeling OK, anon?
>>
A bit off topic op, but I have 2 of that hunter. 1 with a fucked box and 1 MISB i also have 2 of the preorder extra message guy he came with. You want?
>>
>>7169311
Uh, do you mean you have two of the bootlegs? Or two legit ones? How much are you selling for?

Also, if you DO have the bootlegs, how are they?
>>
Does BBTS sell bootlegs? They have the Revoltech Ninja Turtles but they're all labelled (Reproduction)
>>
>>7170195

No they do not sell bootlegs. Reproduction does not mean KO or bootleg on bbts.
>>
File: figure.jpg (1.77 MB, 2988x5312)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
Thoughts on this bootleg? Ordered him from aliexpress but he's taking forever to ship.
>>
>>7167260
Thanks!
>>
>>7167260
Do you have any pictures I can see of them?
>>
bumping with little armory weapons bootlegs (search for GK 1/12 on ebay, there might be cheaper ones):

>https://www.ebay.com/itm/GK-1-12-Figma-Kit-Resin-Model-Kit-GUN-9pcs-Weapon-Gun-Assembly-Model/183415383386?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

>https://www.ebay.com/itm/GK-1-12-Scale-Figma-Weapon-Gun-Assembly-Model-Kit-Resin-Model-GUN-Kit-10pcs/182971694369?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

>https://www.ebay.com/itm/GK-1-12-Figma-Weapon-Gun-Assembly-Model-Kit-Resin-Model-Kit-GUN-8pcs/182971690197?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
>>
>>7163288
That is hilarious
>>
File: bootleg.snake.2.jpg (296 KB, 1200x1600)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>7163277
Pic related is mine. I'm happy with it for the little bit of dosh I spent on it.
>>
File: EMcEtfT.gif (89 KB, 500x555)
89 KB
89 KB GIF
Can anyone speak on the Yamaguchi Revoltech Venom/Deadpool bootlegs?
>>
>>7174892

People have already. Read the thread maybe.
>>
>>7174398
Holy shit I have been looking for Little Armory weapons for cheap!
Which one do you recommend the most? Are there cheaper options?!
>>
>>7169054
Indeed, I'm waiting for the day of high quality KO fashion dolls.
>>
there's a one punch man figma for 7 dollars, I wonder how hilariously retarded it would be and I'm really tempted to order it
>>
>>7175214
>Which one do you recommend the most?
I haven't bought them so I can't really recommend any (just check the photos and see what do you prefer), found a review though https://youtu.be/SgD1MTN2Wu4
>Are there cheaper options?
there are 6" for cheap but I'm not sure how well will they work with figmas, the other option is the marauder inc weapons
>>
File: customs general.png (662 KB, 1771x1254)
662 KB
662 KB PNG
Are the "core" pieces of the bootleg figmas of any quality at all? Do they bother to match the skin tone on the original?

I've been thinking of trying my hand, heh, at making a Shimakaze-kun custom but I don't want to butcher the torso pieces I'd need to modify.
>>
bump
>>
>>7167260
Is it possible to change the figma joints on the horses for revoltech joints?
>>
>>7182282
iirc the pegs are almost exactly the same size, but revo joints in general are fatter so it might not fit together right
>>
>>7167176
>>7167178
>>7167210
>>7167218
Noise!! Do you have a closer picture of the unmasked head?
>>
>>7174892
I just bought one actually. The box came pretty beat up, the figure wasn't damaged, but it had an issue where the shoulder joint was either superglued or sculpted into the body so the arm couldn't move, so I had to break it and then glue it into a pose. The paint job and sculpt is good for the price tho.
>>
>>7182333
>>7174892
I forgot to add, it was the Deadpool Revoltech.
>>
File: chink daiacuron.jpg (87 KB, 600x800)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Diaclone reboot bootlegs
>>
File: xx.jpg (79 KB, 600x800)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
rebootlegs
>>
>>
>>7158683
Where can I get these?
>>
>>7167817
Are these full heads or just a face plate kind of thing? Wondering how much this head could improve ML Gwenpoole.
>>
>>7187408
eBay, aliexpress. Look for Dasin Tom and jerry
>>
>>7174892
I can attest the YR Venom bootleg is good, especially for what you're paying. The only issues i had with it were joints that were too loose, but that seems to be something the official figure shares too, especially with the abcrunch.
Point is, it seems to have a better balance between price and quality than the official one, but if you get one from a bad batch you're fucked.
>>
>>7189585
just the face plate, it seems to be a bit small for the figure, not sure how will work on a ML
>>
The Chinamen bootleggers thing they're getting smarter. Anyone else notice an ever-increasing number of "US Sellers" that are obviously Chinese-run accounts selling knockoffs out of of the US? Usually seems like Cali, or Texas.

You can usually tell because of the horrible broken Engrish, and if they post legit pics, they tend to try to wash the colors out, or make the pic dark so you can't see the obviously off-colors and the fact that its a cheap fake.
>>
>>7190178
really not a rule, I've bought from plenty of legitimate people using "US Seller" in their ad. it's something people do to get more attention, I assume because it means cheaper shipping
just be cautious of literally anyone you're buying from on ebay. check their location, reviews, and ffs don't buy anything using stock photos
>>
File: gun10.jpg (179 KB, 800x600)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>7183003
>>7183007
Oooh, nice. Any idea on the quality?
>>
>>7191734
is that the megatron model kit? how is it? i'm planning to get their grimlock
>>
>>7191771
It's an OS bootleg. It's okay except for having no effin' knees. Got a review if you want.
>>
File: MDB_0467.jpg (1.87 MB, 2000x2667)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
my bootleg figma drossel just arrived...
>>
>buying bootlegs
>ever
>>
>>7191991
it's okay, the real ones broke there all the time too.
>>
anyone have experience with alpacasso bootlegs? I'm pretty sure my little rainbow one is but I can only find bootleg v. official of the full sized 30cm one and want to be sure
giveaway is probably the fabric tag is just generic blue and not the yellow rainbow one, no rainbows just have a blue tag right?
>>
I'm just here because I'm looking into getting bootleg figma that have been discontinued or cost an arm and a leg.

Seeing plenty on Aliexpress of Jeanne d'Arc and of non-tanned bikini Sonico. Also looking for a Fireball Drossel Charming or whatever her thick-ass name is but of course they're not bootlegging her ugh
>>
>>7158856
>>7168578

Theoretically could you coat them with a good clear coat and essentially put a barrier over the plastic/paint?
>>
>>7192974
In theory yes but I doubt it's the paint that's the problem and more likely the plastic and its manufacturing process that makes bootlegs toxic, in which case I doubt clear coating will do all that much. But if you plan to paint bootlegs at all make sure to use paints that won't have issues. I've tried lacquer paints on bootlegs and they dry much lighter than what they should, so some sort of chemical reaction was taking place. I'd advise avoiding lacquer or enamel but acrylic seems perfectly fine and will be the least likely to have a weird reaction.
>>
File: 20181009_165100.jpg (3.39 MB, 4032x3024)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB JPG
>>7161727
>>7163134
Got my Deku in the mail today, never bought a bootleg before, only heard horror stories on here about them but its surprisingly well made. Besides the obvious paint issues and the poor quality control over plastic flashing it's a good figure, maybe has a bit loose joints but nothing that stops him from holding his weight
>>
>>7169054
I feel ya, I wish the Figma KOers would step up. I'm still mad about my Figma Moon.
>>
>>7195430
I've heard good things about this one. I'd get it if I liked bnha.
>>
>>7195479
yeah I'm not a huge fan but for $20 might as well get it
>>
Reposting from the Aliexpress Genos thread because no answer.
Is there any noticeable difference between bootleg producers? Does it just vary from figure to figure or is one name generally better than the others?
I notice the Flevans guys are pretty much the only ones who post pictures of their actual products, but it's still pretty disappointing.
>>
>>7195511
I asume sellers get their products from the same factorie, some factories have their official stores and there must be big stores like flevans
>>
>>7195430
>Besides:
>Paint
>Flashing
>Loose Joints
>It's good

What?
>>
>>7195594
all of those things are minimal and are easily fixable for a $20 figure, way better than spending $200 for official one
>>
>>7167253
Anybody have the KO pizza Spidey? I'm not paying nearly $100 for a Legends figure.
>>
>>7195868
>$200
try $500-600
at this point the bootleg is basically the only option
>>
>>7195912
>try $500-600
holy shit are GSC missing out
>>
>>7195912
fujos are fucking scary jesus christ
>>
>>7195870
I don't have him but he's supposed to be arguably better than official because slightly more range in leg movement
>>
>>7169311
I'm interested, but you'll have to be specific.

Do you have two bootlegs or two legits?

How are the bootlegs?
>>
File: holyshitbatman.jpg (1.61 MB, 3264x2448)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
My bootleg boy came today
and so did I
He's amazing. A few paint defects but otherwise he's quality.
>>
Any bootleg effects for 15cm scale on aliexpress?
>>
>>7195912
I hope bandai picks up the series. I need a big All Might.
>>
>>7164683
Recently got a Kotobukiya Carnage knockoff.
The sculpt is just as good as the original.
Only real problem is that the paint is less glossy, and the statue itself is actually smaller.

Wish.com is bootleg galore.
>>
Holy fuck I just saw the bootleg Judy figures

Anyone have one with pics? BBTS has the legit one in stock buuuut
>>
Anyone got a bootleg kirby nendo, how is it?

>>
>>7204112
GSC bootlegs in general are sub par, not sure about Kirby
>>
File: 1511471647472.png (20 KB, 105x143)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>7158677
How come bootleg Figmas don't have the Figma logo on their base, while having it pretty much everywhere else?
>>
Is Taobao trustworthy?
I want to buy a third party digimon figure and some KOs to complete my KO D-Real collection but I've never ordered from them and their aesthetic makes everything look fishy.
>>
>>7204780
It's a trading platform like aliexpress/amazon/ebay etc. meaning there'll be both legit sellers and lies. Payment is done through Alipay(Chinese "PayPal") and they'll hold it until you release it or open a dispute, so there's some buyer protection there. Helps if you know Chinese, Google Translate is another place you can get fucked from.
>>
Does anyone know what seller has the AY Wolverine KO with the cigar hand and cigar alt faceplate?
>>
>>7189670

My original AY Venom does indeed have a loose abcrunch. The upper body sometimes comes apart from the lower torso. Kinda disappointed.
>>
>>7158677
Mine just came in today, and for a bootleg, the Hunter isn't bad at all especially for $14.
>>
>>7205114
Do you have the original Hunter?
>>
>>7205120
Nope. Costs a fuck ton.
>>
>>7205114
Can you give us more in-depth details than "not bad?" How loose are the joints? How shit are the paint apps? Any sculpt mushiness? Pics would be much appreciated.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Sprite-Beat-Indoraptor-Dinosaur-Toys/dp/B07HG46T1Y

Bootleg indoraptor if anyones interested
>>
>>7205511
whats the point now if its readily available in large quantities?
>>
Just got a bootleg figma Ram yesterday; Hoenstly she doesn't have any weird smell or texture, and her paint job really only needs touch-ups. The joints feel pretty flimsy but they do hold poses, so I'll post an update once I've painted her and tightened those joints.

She has the tiniest fucking feet
>>
>>7209359
do a before and after
>>
Has anyone seen a bootleg of the D-arts Blastoise? I see bootlegs of Venusaur, Mewtwo, and Charizard (well, the Figuarts-branded reissue) around all the time, but nothing for Blastoise for some reason.
>>
>>7195430
Got mine, it's a good bootie. worth the $17 I paid. Wish I had a Baku to go with him.
>>
>>7170281
Thought one of his testicles was popping out of his underwear for a moment.
>>
Is lead paint really a thing on bootlegs from Aliexpress ?

I bought a Square Enix Deathstroke action figure bootleg and lego shen yuang bootlegs

I fear for my life
>>
>>7210381
Hardware stores like Home Depot sell $10 lead-paint test kits. There have been people here and on YouTube testing some bootlegs using the kit and turned up negative so far. One anon said that the bootlegs of Figma Ryuko and the Horse, along with the bootleg Revoltech Jizai ivory skeleton all turned up negative for lead. If you’re concerned, test them yourself.
>>
>>7210381
Lead paint isn't a thing for ages and is only a concern if you're a "mmmm grayons"-tier moron that tastes his figures before playing with them
>>
>>7168204
they should do KO figuarts charizard/blastoise/venusaur
>>
>>7191734
please link the seller, Optimegatron looks incredible.
>>
>>7198140
is the bootleg Chris Reeves Supes as good? Im really eyeballing it hard now that the official release figure is getting pricey.
>>
File: Copy of DD P1010004.jpg (112 KB, 600x450)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
AWAKEN MY INSIDE
(I CANNOT BE AWOKEN)
>>
>>7158683
If I see that fucking cat one more time...
>>
>>7167344
>>7167347
So sick of hearing about Handmaiden's Tale. Fucking SJWs ruining action figures now too!
>>
>>7210931
>the mong without fear
>>
>>7205134
So Anon, how do you know that it isn't bad?

>>7205193
They wouldn't know real from fake if it hit them in the ass
>>
>>7198140
Is this a boot of the Mattel fig from a few years ago or a different scale?
>>
>>7211862
Different scale, 7", it's a Neca bootleg.
>>
>>7210629
I don't know, but judging solely by the quality of the Batman I got I'd say he's worth a gamble. This figure doesn't even have a hint of that nasty bootleg chinese factory chemical smell and the plastic quality is solid. If I hadn't already known it was a bootleg I honestly never would have guessed.
>>
File: bootleg bdaman.png (1.05 MB, 835x562)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
Not sure if appropriate for the thread, but I didn't saw any other bootleg threads.

These B-Daman are pretty obviously bootlegs I think, they have chinese all over them and they're selling 2 for the equivalent of 8 US dollars, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, since B-Daman are toys that get quite a bit of stress put into them, and i'm concerned that chinesium might not quite be able to take the beating.
>>
>>7212745
It's just 8 dollars man, just buy em and report back
>>
>>7212769
Gotta pay an extra 10 U$ for shipping, and at that point it's like half of my monthly salary, tho i'm def considering it, out of curiosity if nothing else.
>>
>>7212745
I have no experience with Cross Fight bootlegs, but I bought Battle B-Daman ones back in the day. Cheap, brittle plastic and stickers that wouldn't stick.
>>
>>7213027
>Cheap, brittle plastic

This is my main concern, these things have to take a lot of stress.

Do you happen to know if the ones from Taiwan and Hong Kong that they sell on Ebay are legit?
>>
>>7213032
Send links. If the seller is in China and using just stock photos I'd be weary of them.
>>
>>7213046
Here's a couple of examples of what i'm talking about:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-JAPAN-TAKARA-TOMY-CROSS-FIGHT-B-DAMAN-STARTER-OFFICIAL/122488190920?hash=item1c84dd77c8:m:mGTBbUPvZDRrWkV3StGH8Ug:rk:4:pf:0#shpCntId&shqty=1#shId

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-CROSS-FIGHT-CB-50-B-DAMAN-STARTER-DRIVE-GARUBURN-CB50/151101540917?epid=2255655846&hash=item232e5a8a35:g:fa8AAOxycSdRzVSx:rk:25:pf:0
>>
>>7213047

Stock images from China ... First seller has a bunch of listings for fake Beyblades, though also some real ones. I'd say that's a gamble.

Second seller doesn't seem to be selling any noticeably fake stuff. Saw some good feedback for him in a Transformers forum, too. Can't vouch for them personally, though.
>>
>>7213077
I noticed something similar, didn't think to check other products of the sellers tho (not like I could tell fake beyblades apart anyway).

I'll have to think about it.
>>
>>7212745
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.11.64c345b5J58n5g&id=569995031900

This TaoBao listing explicitly says it's the KO version. The description say they are simplified and average quality, so yeah you could probably expect brittle plastic.

>>7213077
>>7213116
The 1st seller is from HK and there's a distinction between HK and Mainland China sellers. He is mostly using stock images though so it does seem unsafe.

Official Beyblades/B-daman and other non-TF TakaraTomy stuff sold in Hong Kong come with this sticker, Mani Ltd is the HK distributor.
>>
>>7213154
I really appreciate the help and the interest man! Thank you, all that information is going to be massively useful for me, since i'd like to get quite a few of these and I can't read any asian language.

So just to clarify, if it's in Chinese and it doesn't have that sticker like the ones >>7212745 here, then it's a bootleg right? I wasn't entirely sure if it was chinese writing, I was thinking the whole time that maybe it could be korean, or some weird coincidental japanese with no hiragana.
>>
>>7213185
Hold on about that. There's Taiwanese version with Chinese packaging...
>>
File: 425456520.g_400-w_g.jpg (46 KB, 400x330)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>7213192
...and Korean Sonokong versions with Korean packaging.
>>
>>7213185

For Beyblade and B-Daman, the biggest tells are the logos on the box. If it doesn't have a Takara Tomy, Sono Kong/Young Toys (South Korea) or Hasbro logo it's a knockoff. There are other regional distributors who might slap their own sticker on the box (Funskool in India does this), but you should still usually see one of the above.

For example, >>7212745 is a pretty obvious KO, styled after Takara Tomy's Japanese box design. Their logo's been replaced by that "NEW" tag. The main B-Daman logo itself is in English despite the majority of the box's text being in some Asian script.

Most telling is the bizarre "Drive Garuburn" subtitle attached to every product. That's just a single specific toy lol.
>>
>>7213194
God I love Sonokong. Helped me complete a lot of my collection when the prices of the Hasbro versions had gotten too high.
>>
>>7213192
>>7213194
>>7213195
>>7213202
Well, I guess it was a given that a local seller in this shithole would have a knockoff, at least now i'll be able to identify them easier.

Have these gotten slightly more popular over the last year or something btw? There's a ton of them up on Ebay now, last time I got interested in them there weren't nearly any, I might see if I pick up a couple, at least on Ebay if they happen to be knockoffs and the description says they aren't I'll be able to get my money back.

Wish there was a proper database for all the models.
>>
Anyone have the One:12 Collective Punisher bootleg?
I saw it for a decent prize online and he looks ok as far as quality.
>>
This thanos bootleg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze_L6UpviVQ

Any one have it?
>>
File: IMG_20181023_145320_731.jpg (282 KB, 1065x1552)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_20181023_145111.jpg (3.79 MB, 3120x4160)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB JPG
>>7213605
>>
>>7213803
>>7213808
Nigga needs to snap himself out of existence
>>
File: MDB_0065.jpg (861 KB, 1320x1320)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
bootleg figma BB hunter and MGS soldier are both pretty dang good
>>
>>7213860
Any loose joint issues or fragility with the Hunter? His paint looks ok, not overly sloppy.
>>
>>7213946
the joints arent as tight as a real one but they arent loose enough to hinder any of the light posing ive done, as for fragility, other than the hands popping off while trying to put a weapon in his hand i havent noticed any
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>7198140
I may have to get this one and I'm eyeing the Keaton Batman too. Anybody have him?
>>
>>7198140
What sort of defects?
>>
>>7214509
You can see the small dark blue splotch on his chest. There's a larger one on the backside of his right upper arm. It doesn't scrape off easily at all so paint quality and general application seems perfectly fine. Front side of his trunks were a little light on paint but that took a while to even notice and nothing a small touch up didn't fix. A very small bit of yellow from the belt is bleeding down to the trunks but you really have to be inspecting to notice it. The stuff that matters doesn't have any noticeable problems though. Face and cowl are spot on, painted perfectly, and the boots and gauntlets look great. Bat logo is clean too. Very comparable to an official release.
>>
File: batmans.jpg (395 KB, 1024x837)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>7214615
more pics
>>
>>7214619
It comes with the box and accessories, right? How much was it?
>>
File: 1538187000887.jpg (83 KB, 1024x1002)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>7213803
Oh fuck...
>>
>>7214636
I ordered mine boxless but you have the option to get a box, but he came with all accessories. Boxless he was about 15 bucks and some change from aliexpress.
>>
>>7209785
Where the hell are you finding the Mewtwo? I didn't see anything on eBay or aliexpress
>>
File: image.jpg (1.86 MB, 1242x2688)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>7205193
>>7205193
Sorry sorry. Forgot about this thread. Anyways here’s a pic. I’ll post more in a second.

I’m aware someone posted this bootleg hunter and it looks a lot bette than mine. Still I fucking love my hunter.

Joints in the upper extremities are loose and the hands easily come off. It’s difficult to have him pose with the saw cleaver extended.

Joints in the lower extremities are stiff and aren’t loose at all.

Paint is terrible but that can be fixed.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.33 MB, 1700x2300)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
>>7215408
>>
File: image.jpg (2.43 MB, 1500x2250)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>7215416
>>
File: image.jpg (2.44 MB, 1700x2250)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>7215421
And for fun, here’s him next to a bootleg pyramid head.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.57 MB, 1700x2250)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB JPG
>>7215431
Here’s a closer look at pyramid head. He’s not as loose as the hunter. Easily posable and doesn’t fall apart at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.75 MB, 1700x2250)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
>>7215434
He does smell like chemicals though. And I’m not a huge fan of the pegs so easily visible but the paint job is good.
>>
>>7215437
Yeah those pegs are hideous. Hunter's sculpt looks kinda soft in places but for a cheap bootleg he's something I'd consider picking up.
>>
File: MDB_0077.jpg (2.73 MB, 2000x3000)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>7215431
>>7215434
>>7215437
that PH doesnt look too bad
here is a legit one for comparison
is there a bootleg nurse? id love to have several of them but thats not gonna happen with originals
>>
File: image.jpg (2.4 MB, 2200x1300)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
On the topic of bootlegs, I also purchased tracer. Out of all of the bootlegs I purchased, she’s the worst when it comes to being loose. If I simply tap her, she will fall apart. She fell apart many times on her own. Her arms and legs fall apart all the time. Her neck is fucking huge.

Aside from that, the paint is well done and I do enjoy one of her faces. She’s smooth as fuck too.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.49 MB, 1700x2500)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>7216551
She’s not that bad, but too flimsy.
>>
>>7216559
Have you tried making the joints thicker?
>>
>>7215641
Damn I want the original PH.

As for the nurses: Not yet. I’m still waiting for the my nurses in the package.
>>
>>7216689
Working on that.
>>
>>7216551
>>7216559
I dunno dude, her face looks pretty bad to me. Hope you didn't pay much for that.
>>
File: PSX_20181025_142021.jpg (593 KB, 2062x1749)
593 KB
593 KB JPG
Carnage and Magneto are both bootlegs. Probably the best value for what you get. Carnage was 18 bucks shipped and has all his accessories and extra joints. Everything is so close to the originals except some minor paint issues and differences. Hope this trend continues.
>>
File: IMG_20181025_193309.jpg (2.02 MB, 1984x3536)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>7216551
>>7216559
god that thing looks awful, not surprised at all though, figma bootlegs are usually bad. here's the original for comparison
>>
File: IMG_20181025_183542.jpg (1.73 MB, 2336x4160)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>7217092
i'm suprised how they fucked up so much the paint on the legs
>>
>>7217092
>>7217102
I only paid $10 for the bootleg. Her face isn’t nearly as bad as the other one. I’ll try to find it and post it up.
>>
How do these bootlegs get made? Do they use the same factory that made the original and just have low quality control? Are they using the molds that got worn out?
>>
>>7217153
No idea, but just a couple of years ago this level of accuracy would've been science fiction.
I imagine it'll become quite an issue for some of the OG Companies in the future.
>>
>>7217153
some leight factories instead of changing the molds after finishing their daily quota (which takes a couple of hours) just keep making the same figures with the same materials, and lower quality control (as far as we now that's the best explanation for the higher quality of tha AY revos) and also sell the one that don't pass qc for small details, others use the same original molds but cheap out on qc and materials (e.g figuarts)and in other cases there are factories dedicated to making bootlegs with lower quality molds and materials (e.g figmas) at least that's what i've learned in these threads, maybe another anon has more info
>>
>>7217240

Sounds about right. What I want to really know is what the fuck is going on with the AY bootlegs and how the sculpts are so accurate practically being identical. It makes sense they are just using the same molds. Seems like they would have done something about it though as they have just been getting better with every release.
>>
Just ordered one of those brand-spankin-new Revo Judy knockoffs... It'll probably be a long-ass wait but I'll update y'all when I get it
>>
File: neca_tmnt16.jpg (63 KB, 390x255)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>7217161
As I recall the Neca TMNT bootlegs were the ones that broke the mold, if you'll pardon the expression. I remember everyone freaking out about how amazing these things were for bootleg figures at the time. I don't remember bootlegs ever having as wide of a reach as these guys did.
I hear the newer bootlegs of these aren't as good as the older ones. Anyone know why exactly? Mold degradation obviously but anything else in particular? Was thinking of picking up a set.
>>
>>7217597
I was about to say that they were appearing on aliexpress, also AY batman is starting to appear, also saw a listing for the figuarts the mark 50, I wonder how that turns out
>>
>>7217153
>>7217240
Contractors making extra off the side is one way.

Another way is by stealing the CAD. It may not be the toy's design CAD, it can be the mold's CAD or even the prototyping CAD, skimmed off during various stages of production at various sub-contractors.

You could also reverse-engineer a toy, this requires the most effort. The thing is, the tools you need to reverse engineer something are the same tools you use to measure and QC. That means almost all mold-tooling workshops have the capabilities to reverse-engineer a product.
>>
>>7217646

I have a set of them I posted in the last Bootleg thread. They are legit and were like 7 bucks a piece.
>>
>>7217649

Someone needs to buy batman. I might eventually but someone else beat me to it please and post photos here.
>>
got a captain america for 13 freedom dollars back in september, arrived in the mail this morning, i'll post photos when I get home
>>
>>7226177
update: just got home, my phone is dead and the lighting in my house isn't great so i'll take pictures tomorrow
overall i can just add to what other anons have said, the figure feels solid, no loose joints, little tight out of the box but after playing with it for a few minutes everything feels great, paint is clean overall.
since nothing is perfect, there were 2 details to note, both on the left shoulder: the the joint was cracked on the ball, but it was an easy fix since it came with 3 extra joints, the second and big one is that the left pauldron is missing, but still, for 13 bucks it's not a big deal for me
>>
File: opm_dasin.jpg (306 KB, 1210x908)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
This counts as more of a 3rd party, but since there's no thread for it, I'll just talk about it here.
I got my Genos in. Genos' design works so much better for the articulation of these guys. Shoulder pads block more of the ugliness of the arm swivel and butterfly-ish joint.
I don't know what it is about the pants that make that kind of leg articulation less ugly, but it does.
Only gripes are that a wrist was a little loose and that the joints in the arms had thick excess lubricant I had to clean out with a Q-tip.
Paint is alright overall with the arms being surprisingly well painted with a solid silver paint. Decals were applied nicely and are very clean.
The apron is also a nice little addition to my ever growing accessory pile.
>>
>>7230862
I tried to buy a Dasin Saitama and those fuckers sent me a figma bootleg. What a waste of time. I got Genos and he's amazing, I just wish he had more hands and an effect part.
>>
File: gaint deformatiom robot.png (2.78 MB, 1213x1385)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
>>
>>7230875
From where did you try to purchase?
>>
Jesus christ you guys can't just be saying "oh yeah it's good!" when you don't even have the original to compare it to. For all we know you have bullshit standards
>>
>>7167344
Where can I get a real one please and ho much will it cost me ?
>>
>>7231172
thing is we already have compared multiple figures to the originals, here we give advice on what's worth trying and what not (e.g figmas are shit, figuarts is more miss than hit, last 4 AY are decent)
>>
BOOTLEG SHF IRON SPIDER MAN, ANY GOOD OR TOTAL SHIT?

Also, I need a good black suit spiderman, i like the PAK design, so are there any bootlegs out there worth getting? i'd rather make venom-y tendrils for a bootleg than something collected.
>>
>>7230875
Where the hell did you buy it from?
>>
>>7231288
>what is youtube
Its not like we only buy bootlegs either
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>7236076
Yeah, I just started seeing these. Kinda tempted to get one and make modern guts out of it but doubt the face would be any good to do that, I just don't wanna have to buy another black swordsman and take it apart
>>
>>7236096
I'm tempted to get it just to put the face on my berserker armor one, I'll wait for some video reviews first I guess
>>
File: Goot.png (736 KB, 927x766)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
>>7236096
>>7236109
The plastic quality looks like shit
>>
>>7236439
I mean, I'd only be using the face, the lower arms and cut off the shoulder belt, satchel and knife, think it will be that bad to use for parts?
>>
File: DSC_7903cs.jpg (495 KB, 821x1000)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
>>7236109
>>
>>7231169
>>7231326
Aliexpress, my second time using that site and second time something went wrong. I'm not using it any more. I'd rather buy from ebay. Even though I got my money back, it's super annoying and takes forever to deal with.
>>
>>7236794
I've used it a lot of times with 0 issues so far
>>
>>7230875
>>7236794
was the price too good to be true?
or was it the going market price?
>>
>>7236499
dental plan~
>>
Anyone have recommendations for bootleg tamashii act stands?
>>
>>7238779
get a colored one and not clear. they are good and work well but are not cross compatible with real ones so id get a different color so you dont mix parts since theyll damage the official ones
>>
>>7238782
Thanks. Any recommended sellers that wont rip me off? Im having trouble finding them on ebay just searching tamashii stage bootleg
>>
>>7238789
I got mine on aliexpress, I got the clear ones tho idk what the problem with those is, they're fine
>>
>>7238789
Not the same anon but I searched for gundam stands on ebay and accidentally ordered the bootleg Tamashii ones. They weren't labelled as such, but it's clear that's what they are. I got an extra one for free for some reason too, and the stand arm is pretty damn stiff, which is good
>>
>>7231317
As long as PAK its bootlegging doesn't have a human face they are pretty close to the originals.
>>
I'm stuck here at work but I've got a bootleg Revo Judy waiting for me. As far as I could tell no one else has really picked those up so I'll post pics after work
>>
>>7214615
>>7214619
Well, you convinced me, anon. I grabbed one on Ebay for $11 total. Let's hope it's as nice as yours.
>>
>>7243521
looking forward to it, i don't want to spend 5000 yen on a meme
>>
>>7237620
It was $28, so I guess
>>
Hey, I didn't know if you guys had anything, but I made a bootleg general discord server, so it would be easier and faster to discuss this. https://discord.gg/u9D7ZZh
>>
>>7244005
yeah, no way you're getting a real one for that price
>>
>>7244000
She looks pretty good to be honest. Her crunch is great but her back doesn't arch as far as I thought it would. Her ear came broken off the joint and I did break her tail off on accident. Some of the joints feel super weak, but she's honestly not that bad
>>
File: Faces.jpg (125 KB, 1072x1920)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>7244172
And here are some of the faces. The paint job is basic I would say but I don't mind it. I gotta work on seeing if my spare figma joints might fit where her others broke
>>
>>7243532
Good luck with it anon. I've really enjoyed mine. I have a few bootlegs in my collection ranging from Marvel Legends to TMNT and that Batman is easily the best of the lot.
>>
>>7244172
Does anybody know if the Movie Revo joints are the same as Revoltech joints? Her ears, tail (I guess), and wrists use the same joints. I can buy fuckloads of Revoltech joints on eBay but I won't bother if they aren't going to be small enough
>>
Anybody have one of the Chinese Shinocchou Seihou Kamen Rider Kuuga Figuarts that have been showing up on Ebay? How is it?
>>
>>7243532
>>7244262
Now I'm curious about one. Is there any bad smell to him?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.