[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: screenshot_666.jpg (54 KB, 441x228)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>what've you got in the mail?

>any recent shipping nightmare stories?

>any recent shipping happy ending stories?

OP pic is my shipping status for my One:12 Ash. Supposedly arriving today. But they've said that before.

Shipped it to the next town over(ten minute drive) then back to the regional hub an hour and a half away and back again to my town finally.
>>
>>7232575
Nah man, not buying anything these 2 weeks. I buy all my toys from China and when 11/11 hits it all slows down.
>>
>>7232575

I have a DX Laserion in the mail that's somehow still hung up in my local delivery service. Hoping that it gets here this week, but delays are usually common for overseas packages.
>>
>>7232575
Not really a horror story, just USPS being dumb

I shipped something to someone via eBay and it got delayed for five days with no shipping update. Customer sends me an email asking what’s up? I say I’m sorry, and to give me a week and then email me again and we can talk about refunds.

I do something I’ve never done before, which is place a USPS search request for lost mail. They send me an email letting me know they’re looking for the package. Great

Three days later, dude gets the package. Search request still unfulfilled for some reason. Whatever, dude got his package, who cares.

USPS sent me an email every week letting me know that they’re still looking! And to get rid of a search request? Good fucking luck, especially with their new website. Don’t even bother trying to do it via your email or mobile device, things that have both been widely available since 2013. Does the USPS suck dick because of lack of funds or something else? I mean fuck, they couldn’t find a package that at some point in time, they were both looking for AND delivering. So dumb.
>>
>>7232575
Got two SHFs from Mandarake and they never arrived. I had paid for registered so I tried to dispute and get my money back, but all that happened was that USPS and Mandarake endlessly bounced me back and forth, each seemingly trying to get the other to take the blame, until I finally got fed up and just gave up.

This just taught me that I might as well use unregistered shipping. If they don't got my back when the shit hits the fan, what am I even paying extra for?
>>
>>7232575
>>what've you got in the mail?
figma Pixie, D-Arts Elizabeth and Play Arts Kai Terra
No recent shipping nightmares, it's all been good
>>
>>7232575
>In the mail
Figma Sanya Litvack, 1/144th FFR-31D Super Sylph, and Megami Device Kaede Agatsuma
>horror stories
Last christmas, I bought a Touhou plush off of HLJ and fucking fedex shipped it from Flagstaff to Phoenix for 3 weeks straight. By the time they actually figured out that I don’t even live in Arizona and sent it to my actual address, it was halfway through February.
>>
File: 1510186355531.jpg (40 KB, 956x711)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>in the mail
One:12 Ronin Wolverine, Mafex Gwenpool, some Star Wars Figuarts, NECA Machiko
>horror stories
Not much of a horror story but my Mafex Gwenpool has been in a post office in New York for about three weeks now. This was my first (and probably last) time doing registered SAL, so I guess I got what I paid for.
>>
>>7232575
I'm using a Japanese proxy service for the first time but mail workers are striking again in Canada, I cheaped out on shipping so if it takes a while to arrive I won't know if its the service or the strike.
>>
What are your experiences shipping with Hobby Search?
>>
Still not shipping notification
>>
>any recent shipping nightmare stories?
I bought koto's Nanachi scale from HLJ in March. Kept it in my private warehouse for weeks then shipped it by SAL. Months passed and it wouldn't show up. Turns out my postal service sent it back to Japan, but I got no notice from them nor hlj. I had to email them to arrange shipping again. I paid and got a new tracking number back in September. It still hasn't shown up. It's the first time I've had to wait so long for a SAL shipment. In contrast I bought FAG Sylphy from Hobby Search and it arrived last week.
>>
>>7232578
>11/11
What's that?
>>
>>7233126
They're reliable but take forever to get the package out the door. After that it's the SAL lottery unless you spring for EMS. There's a reason they're my third option for Japanese shit.
>>
>>7232599
if you went reg mail, do you have the tracking? Does it say where the package was last seen?
>>
>>7233126
Received every order I have placed with them. I believe they don't ship on weekends.
>>
Canuck here, currently have rotating postal strikes and I'm not sure if I should ship my next item EMS because of it. Typically use RSAL but that already takes a long time and isn't tracked in-country.
>>
>>7233939
>I believe they don't ship on weekends.
>>7233126
From their site:
"Business closed on Sundays, Public Holidays, and every second & third Saturdays of each month. We do not confirm payment or ship your order on these days."
>>
>>7233936
Yeah, I did have the tracking. It just vanished somewhere along the route, never made it to delivered status. Mandarake said I needed USPS to start a claim so they could forward it to Japan post, USPS claimed they don't do such things and I needed to work it out with the site I bought from, this went on and on forever.

tl;dr: lost about $70.
>>
Waiting on fifteen boxes
>>
I'm waiting on my shipping notice from CDJapan for a product I bought Saturday...
>>
>>7234011
USPS can GPS track the path packages took by the carrier. I've had them do this. Each time they get scanned the are GPS tagged. I had a similar situation happen. Fill out the mail fraud thing on the USPS website.
>>
>order from rakuten for first time
>read the shipping prices guide, see that for what I'm buying I can get shipping for just 2 dollars
>select that option
>get confirmation from store a day later
>they moved it up to an 8 dollar shipping

????
>>
>>7234011
Sounds to me like a carrier dropped it ar the wrong house.
>>
>>7234401
All packages that come through the post office have a GPS ping when they are delivered, whether you ask them or not.
>>
>>7232575
Currently got two figures that arrived in my country but I haven't had an update for 5-6 days now. Of course, there was a weekend in between.
I am assuming they're just in customs, but I do recall getting a notification of that with prior packages, so I'm a bit unnerved.
>>
I had a goddamned EMS package that flew in to New York and got stuck there a week ago, and hasn't moved since. I'm getting a little salty. It's too early in the holiday hell shipping season for this bullshit.
>>
>>7234011
That's interesting. If it's registered and it's been less than a month I'd say it could still make a sudden appearance (hopefully). I've had things sit in US customs for a week and appear to have stopped moving until the tracking was updated a couple of days later.
>>
>>7234886
I swear I've had things that get through NY customs in an hour and others that sit there for a week. I can understand why the timing is so variable but I agree it's annoying.
>>
>>7234401
Hmm, interesting. They never told me about this GPS thing at any point. Well, probably too late now, this happened a while back.

>>7234432
Yeah, probably.

>>7235113
>it could still make a sudden appearance
Nah, it's been almost a year. That thing is going, going, gone.
>>
>>7232599
Get form 2856 I believe it is. It's for international insurance claims for packages. Your local branch might.have it. If anything, give the main USPS number a call and tell them what's up, they'll tell you what you need to do. I had to do that.
>>
File: Capture.png (12 KB, 624x163)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Got a doll and some kinky bits on the way. Never had an Assault Lily before so that'll be exciting to play around with, especially with the Crucifixion Table
>>
>>7232575
Tried to print out a shipping label from eBay, but my printer decided to be a cunt and broke. Can I cancel it and ship it another way?
>>
>>7236216
Yes. You can void the label and they will eventually refund you.

https://www.ebay.com/gds/How-do-I-void-an-eBay-shipping-label-/10000000177467488/g.html
>>
>>7235232
>it's been almost a year
Ah, nevermind. I guess I'm used to people ordering SAL for the first time and wondering where things are. That sucks, anon.
>>
>>7236146
Nice, the new love toys look awesome. Still wondering if I should get them myself.
>>
I just asked a third party TF retailer about any negative effects tariffs might have on shipping. Their answer was not to helpful. Anyone in the U.S ship anything over $300 from China the last two month?
>>
File: DVQZBkXVAAAp0Km.jpg (126 KB, 896x1046)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>7233220
FINALLY got her. Top qt & worth the weight
>>
Have the demoniacal fit ultra instinct heads coming today
Also have a couple key organizers so I can keep track of work and home keys.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.