[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

We are no longer accepting janitor applications. Thanks to all those who applied!

I'm going to Berlin tomorrow for a couple days and the plan is to go clubbing as much as possible. I'm from America and have been clubbing in the states enough times to know how it works but is it significantly different in Berlin? I don't speak any German, but I don't know how common it is for Germans to speak English.
I'm also really interested in going to a sex club while I'm there, but I don't have anything to wear and again, worried about the language barrier.

In general, advice for a foreigner clubbing in Berlin?
>>
BERGHAIN
E
R
G
H
A
I
N
>>
If you are considering Berghain, be aware that the queue starts in the afternoon and the bouncers are famous for refusing entry to most of the queue.
>>
about blank
watergate
matrix
tresor
berghain

pls write a report after this trip
>>
>>1247087
German here with a lot of club experience. I can't really tell you what the differences are since I have never been to America. You don't really have to worry about the language barrier. Almost everyone speaks decent English and there are a lot of foreigners in the club scene
>>
Thanks guys, I'm currently in Rome and I was recommended Watergate by a local I met here as well so I'll definitely check it out. I'll look into the other ones as well, I'd never heard of berghain.
>>1247128
That puts my mind at ease, thanks. I suppose I should probably find a fun costume to wear to increase my chances of getting into places? And is it common to be able to pay the door fee with a card or just cash?
>>
>>1247130
>I should probably find a fun costume to wear to increase my chances of getting into places

oh god never do this. you should wear something fashionable. Preferably in black. Also you shouldn't be visibly drunk or drugged and you should know who is playing.

>And is it common to be able to pay the door fee with a card or just cash?

Never have I paid with card at a door. Germany is really backwards in that regard. the only places that take cards are supermarkets and maybe restaurants
>>
>>1247100
Or just go on Sunday when Berliners actually go and Sven isn't busting balls left and right
>>
>>1247151
Fuck, I don't know anything about fashion. I'll keep that in mind though
>>1247211
I won't be there on Sunday cause I have terrible foresight, in fact I'm leaving Saturday morning or afternoon or something like that.

I think I'll definitely be coming back to Germany after I'm more familiar with the club and edm scenes in general though; perhaps with coworker(s) who want to come as well. I'm a lot more excited for this part of the trip than the Rome part
>>
>>1247151
I assume this means that the clubs will also only accept cash for drinks as well? What would you suppose is a good amount to carry for a night out? I try to carry as little cash as possible for obvious reasons.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x600)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Bring appropriate headgear
>>
>get a hostel/hotel/airbnb in Kreuzberg or Friedrichshain and rent a bicycle. This way you do not have to walk as much or take public transport to the clubs.

>On friday/saturday, party untill 12/1 am in a regular bar and go back home and set your alarm clock untill 4/5 am. Get up and go to the clubs. The clubs don't close from saturday evening untill monday/tuesday. No need to try to come in at peak time. Sunday at 16.00 is a perfect time to go clubbing for instance.

>Dress well in dark muted colors. No formal clothes. Dress with weird/leather/drag/makeup if you're trying to get into Berghain.

>Look on residentadvisor.net to see which parties are where and whos playing

>Dont look drunk, too clean and don't speak loud english in the line. Try to speak german, but this isn't going to happen on such a short notice.

>If you're doing this, the chances of getting rejected are still at least 50%. Don't take it personal or try to analyze why, but just try the next party.

Places with multiple stages and types of music, outdoor area, good vibes:
Wilde Renate
About Blank
Sisyphos
Kosmonaut

Places with hard as fuck techno:
Berghain
Tresor

>>1247358
Expect to pay from 10 to 20 for a cover charge, beers inside 2 to 3 euro.
>>
Alright this question may seem autistic but what is the point of clubs? It doesn't really seem like something anons would enjoy. Are they basically raves by a different name now? I'll be in Berlin too soon and people keep talking about the club scene, wondering if I should bother with it.
>>
>>1247494
Some go for the music, others go for the gay sex.
>>
>>1247447
>get a hostel in Kreuzberg
Either by foresight or luck I did that, I'm like around the corner from Watergate so I think I can walk to pretty much all the clubs I'm interested in
>on friday/Saturday go to clubs at 4/5am
I will do this next time I'm in Berlin, but I'm not here for the full weekend because I'm a retard, so I'll have to make do with Friday night.
>dress well in dark muted colors
I have, like... A dark blue sweatshirt and grey jeans, I hope that's well enough. I guess I could buy clothes here if I need to. I'm not going to bother with berghain this time

Thanks for the other recommendations, I'll take a look at them.

>>1247494
>are they basically raves by a different name
In the places I go to, yeah, although they're usually a bit tamer than a full on rave just because they're public. But as for why I go, I enjoy the music, I enjoy dancing, I like the community, and the sexual tension that can be present can be really fun too.
>>
Another random anon hijacking this thread
Is there much of a metal scene in Berlin, like pubs that usually have live metal/rock music playing
Or are there many pubs with live music playing or is it all just nihgtclubs
>>
File: IMG_2702.jpg (27 KB, 261x224)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>1247447
>germans go clubbing at 4 in the morning
>clubs don't close for days on end
what the actual fuck
>dress with drag makeup to try get into Berghain >chances at being refused entry for no reason still at 50%
think i'll give it a miss Hans
>>
>>1247527
When the fuck do you go clubbing? 3-4am is a perfectly normal time for clubbing
>>
>>1247551
Depends on how long you're clubbing for and where you are I guess, as well as when venues have to stop serving alcohol
>>
>Berlin
>Language barrier

The majority of the speech you hear in that city will not be German.

>>1247551
That's when clubs close in many parts of the world.
>>
How discrete does one have to be with drugs in the Berlin techno scene?
>>
>>1247642
Given that I was approached no less than three times to buy drugs before I even got into a club, not very.
Don't be stupid or obviously frying in line and I think you'll be fine.
>>
>>1247527
Again, Australia only know how to get shitfaced, not how to party.
>>
>>1247123
>matrix

oh you
>>
Honestly, Berghain is not end-all, be-all club. Yeah, it got very good sound system and bookings (and dark rooms if you're into that sort of thing), but Berlin got literal hundreds of clubs. I've been there for less than a week, visited 6 different places, and about blank was my favorite. It got this fine balance of being not too weird/underground and not too mainstream. Depends of course on who is playing as well.
>>
>>1247949
I think I'm going to go to about blank tonight or tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling tonight. I went to one called suicide circus last night and liked it a lot
>>
>>1247527
Isn't revs open all weekend in Melbourne and until Sydney went all Hillsong with the licensing laws there was weekend long club parties there too.
>>
>>1247893
desu I'm thinking about going there tonight because it's college night and I want to hook up with a college student, plus I'm still tired from dancing yesterday so I kinda want to take it easy so I can really party tomorrow
>>
>>1247893
yes you are right matrix is shit idk why i wrote it down
>>
>>1247357
/fa/ here. wear 1461 mono docs, loose black trousers slightly rolled up, and an oversize black hoodie.
>>
>>1248263
I don't have any of those things, my friend
>>
>>1248269
then spend some bucks and get them =)
>>
>>1248263
Sven will reject you
>>
>>1248744
sure, but as far as the outfit is concerned this is fine. to be absolutely sure you won't get rejected you'd have to come with your gay lover both dressed in fetishwear
>>
OP here, update for the curious
Wednesday I couldn't get into Tresor or Watergate, went to Suicide Circus which was a great little club with some good DJs. Thursday I considered going to matrix cause it was nearby, cheap, and I wanted to see if I could pick up a college bitch, but I ended up not feeling it and stayed home to bide energy for Friday.

Friday I was going to go to about blank, but I was able to meet up with a friend of a friend (and his friend) and the three of us got into tresor. Had some ecstasy I got off a street dealer and partied from like 1am until 7:30, great experience.

Overall would recommend
>>
If you just want a sex club, the most well-known one in Berlin is called FKK Artemis. Give it a try. Some of the girls are quite hot, but for the most part the sex is rather mechanical. Not a place to look for gfe.
>>
If you're on vacation in Berlin as a single dude, will you be able to get into the clubs? Most places where I live (New York) seem to have a no single guy policy.
>>
>>1247633
In most of the US, bars have to close by 2AM. There are many exceptions though, here in New York the last call is 4AM, and in Louisiana and Nevada there is no last call.
>>
>>1247551

That's the perfect time to BE clubbing but not to arrive at the club.

It's hard to stay up till that time without copious drugs + alcohol anyway which lessens your chance of getting in.
>>
>>1248969
You bought from a street dealer? Their drugs are usually inferior, so be careful with that. I went to Tresor last night and got some free ecstasy, it was much better than the street crap
>>
>>1249059
It helps if you have friends but eventually you'll find one that'll let you in
>>1249135
It was actually some of the better ecstasy I've had, comeup was a little harsh but the rest was great. Curious though, how'd you get it?
And on a slightly related note, what the hell do three people do in those tiny stalls in the bathroom by the tresor floor? I assume sex but the stalls are so tiny I can't imagine maneuvering in there at all
>>
>>1249052
>sex club
like a brothel?
>>
>>1249093
>It's hard to stay up till that time without copious drugs + alcohol anyway which lessens your chance of getting in.

what? just regular speed is perfect for staying up late and it won't lessen your chances of getting in because nobody notices the effects anyways.
>>
>>1248969
Matrix is a tourist trap for people who can't get in to the actual clubs. Sounds like you had a great time.
>>
>>1249188
no, like a club, but people inside are having sex

like, you pay a cover, and then inside you hook up with people/watch people fuck/whatever
>>
>>1249220
yeah, absolutely. I think I will definitely go back for longer at some point.
>>
>>1249188
FKK clubs are brothels. It's legal in Germany. You have naked hot girls walking around trying to entice you into sex (because you pay them).
>>
>>1249257
isn't fkk in general a sort of term for like a nudist community?
>>
>>1249267
Yes, FKK is Freie K├Ârper Kultur, which means nudism. But "FKK clubs" in Germany are brothels. They just happen to have, by coincidence, naked girls walking around who want to have sex with you in exchange for money.
>>
>>1249289
oh gotcha. if I had gone to a sex club it probably would have been insomnia or kitkat
>>
>>1249182
They are having sex, I even saw a guy standing on the toilet next to a closed stall that was filming it

For the free shit, i negotiated with the dealer and in return for finding him a few customers, he would give me one on the house. I came back to his "stall" by the urinal troth with three dumb Scotsmen and that was that. This stuff was very slow coming up (hour and a half) but kept going all night and some of the day.
>>
>>1249297
Clubs like Insomnia and Kit Kat are usually the places where couples go and fuck in public without the police bothering them (aka exhibitionism), while other people go there to watch (voyeurism). You're not commonly going to get laid there if you're a single male, that's why kit kat charges like 80 euros, while a single female can go for free and a couple pays 40 or 45 euros.
>>
>>1249497
Amazing, I want to have that experience at some point
That sounds like hella good shit. I think mine was actually kind of weak in the grand scheme but the come up was really fast and intense (I actually threw up it was so jarring, really glad my friend was there) and it didn't last more than a few hours. I kind of wanted something a little weaker though because it was only my third time taking it, my first time in another country, and I had a flight to catch the next morning. Plus because it wasn't really strong, the day after wasn't actually that bad.

I really want to get more comfortable with and understand clubbing so that I can have these really awesome experiences

>>1249498
Honestly not getting laid would be fine, I think it would be enough to watch and enjoy the atmosphere. I met a girl at tresor that was planning on going with her friend on Saturday night but I forgot to get her contact info, I wanted to text her and ask what she was wearing and then ask her what it was like after, ugh. I'll be kicking myself for a while for that, she was cute, American, and we hit it off
>>
>>1249777
probably wasn't real e if the comeup was quick and you puked
>>
>>1249944
Yeah, it definitely had some additives if you threw up that quickly. But to be fair, my "hella good shit" made me throw up the next afternoon
>>
>>1247447
2 to 3 Euros for a beer doesn't sound bad at all, in the US beers are considerably more at clubs
>>
>>1249059
Yes but make sure you know who's playing or have a good explanation why you're going at the ready, bouncers like to do little interviews sometimes
>>
>>1247633
>The majority of the speech you hear in that city will not be German.
lmao, according to a retard like you who never visited berlin, go fuck yourself.
>>
>people talking about berghain even though they never got inside or even stood in the queue
>like this guy
>>1248750
>to be absolutely sure you won't get rejected you'd have to come with your gay lover both dressed in fetishwear
it was a gay fetish club, but isn't anymore, you dummy.
>>
>>1249059>>1249182

it's actually easier, bigger groups get rejected all the time.
>>1250591
never heard or saw this interviews in real life, hear a lot about this nonsense online though.
>>
can anbody provide any evidence that they got into Berghain? Just post a pic of the stamp when you got in, I doubt any of you got in. Especially this poser>>1251032
>>
What are good nightlife options in Berlin or Germany in general for if you want a chance of actually meeting chicks?
>>
>>1251254
Are you good looking? If you are, then the venue is irrelevant. If you are not, the venue is irrelevant.
>>
>>1251254
Fkk artemis or other brothels. 100% chance to get laid
>>
>>1251295
>goes to FKK club
>still cant get laid
wwyd?
>>
>>1251431
That's not possible, unless you only have money for the entry fee and nothing else. There are often a lot of hot whores who don't get a lot of customers. Most johns are intimated and pick chubbier uglier hookers instead.
I was at the artemis and picked a gorgeous 10/10 imo and she was more than happy because she had no customers prior to me, I was there that day when it opened its doors and I saw her sitting by her lonesome the whole time.
>>
>>1247130
>I suppose I should probably find a fun costume to wear

I don't know about Berlin but I live in Budapest where a bunch of dumbfuck dorists pull this meme literally every night, and this is the kinda shit that gets you laughed at / beat up here. Believe me no one (except for your fellow simpleton working class british/strayan dorists) will think your store bought Mario costume is cute or clever, especially not people who live in areas with a vivid nightlife frequented by foreigners. Again I don't live in Berlin but one tip I have is don't go on Friday and Saturday because that's when the high schoolers and wagecucks shit up every place.
>>
>>1251478
Friday is rough for you to have fun at places like berghain and tresor. It starts Saturday and goes until Monday though
>inb4 go on sunday, yadda yadda
Whatever.
Just check their websites and look for 'klubnacht'
>>
>>1251474
...I don't think he meant that kind of costume
>>
>>1251527
Fetish costumes might get you into kitkat depending on their theme that night. Berghain has dark rooms, but they don't just let all homos in a gimp suit inside. I saw a dude in a fishnets dress at tresor with a bald pierced girl which showed nips and almost all of her ass(both flagrantly gay and dyke respectively), doesn't mean that's a guarantee to get inside though.
>>
>>1251295
I don't want to pay for sex, that's lame IMO
>>
>>1251275
It does matter, assuming a guy is reasonably attractive, it's easier to meet girls some places than others
>>
>>1247151
>Never have I paid with card at a door. Germany is really backwards in that regard.

This, it pisses me off so much. Some places don't take cards at all (fucking BackWerk coffee shops!!!), others just take EC, which is a local German card thing, no cards from abroad. Are you fucking kidding me?

Also, are there any sissy clubs in Berlin? Like, to go dressed as a sissy/crossdressing etc? Pls no bully, it's just a fetish.
>>
>>1251604
since when do any bars or clubs accept card for the cover charge?
>>
>>1251608
yeah, that was a bit of a stretch, but there's tons of shops, coffee and food places that don't take cards at all. Fucking Backwerk, which is like the german version of Starbucks, doesn't take card. Food places in big malls don't take foreign cards.
>>
>>1251609
I live in New York and I've heard of some places only taking cash, but most places definitely do take card, and pretty much every chain does
>>
>>1251580
>>1251580
Not really. If you have game and know how to pick up chicks at home, you can do that abroad as well. I don't really see how the venue matters that much if you don't know how to get laid on your own.
>>
>>1251614
it matters. Some places are way more conducive to meeting females
>>
>>1251577
Is it? Aren't you indirectly paying for sex when you offer a drink to a girl, pay her a cab or go on a date (probably paying for dinner) and so on? Isn't it lamer to do all aforementioned things and still not get laid?
>>
>>1251621
You're a lame person because we know no woman wants to touch your penis voluntary m8
>>
>>1251745
Lmao, you're projecting way too hard.
>>
>>1251745
>asking for good nightlife options to get laid or defending the guy who asked that, because you can identify with such a moron
>implying you have any idea about how to get laid
Bleib zuhause, du gehirnamputierter Hurensohn.
>>
>>1251295
How safe is prostitution in Germany?

I don't want to become a wizard but would rather that than dying of AIDs.
>>
>>1251763
Safe. Pathetic virgins and or desperate man whores who fuck all the fat and fugly chicks with STDs don't go to brothels, it's mostly business men and married men, artemis also checks their women regularly for stds. And you don't want to fuck them bareback anyway, right? Most won't let you and if she does, that's a red flag in my opinion.
>>
>>1251781
Thanks. I'll be going to Hamburg soon so I'm planning to just get it all over with.
>>
>>1251745
Yeah, it's not satisfying for me if I have to pay for it.

Getting a girl to fuck you because she actually wants to is a great feeling.
>>
>>1252220
people have scored enough chicks after a while and don't need that anymore. And you are clearly a pathetic dude who puts pussies on pedestals who fucks everything and feels an accomplishment after fucking a fugly fat chick.
>>
>>1252394
*tips fedora*
>>
>>1251876
Hamburg has a tremendous whore house a little bit outside of the city i can tell you about if you want to know
>>
bump
>>
>>1252589
Where at? Is it comparable to Oase in Frankfurt or Artemis in Berlin?
>>
>>1251478
>Believe me no one (except for your fellow simpleton working class british/strayan dorists) will think your store bought Mario costume is cute or clever
They're only doing it for their bros though, it's an exercise in group bonding/mutual humiliation.

Think of it as similar to playing soggy biscuit.

>>1251431
>>goes to FKK club
>>still cant get laid
Take your wallet next time.
>>
>>1247361
you made my night. Now, I can go to bed.
>>
I'm hitting up Berlin in August.

Just list these bad boys for me please?
>>
>>1249944
No, probably not, but it was a good time anyway so I can't complain
>>1250591
>>1251033
We weren't interviewed at tresor about the DJs, but the girl singled me out of our group and asked me a couple questions like "are you excited? Are you drunk?" The guy I was with (a local) said they do sometimes ask though
>>
>>1247447
good post
>>
>>1251032
it's not a gay fetish club anymore, but it's still a gay club.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.