[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 67 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: demo_usa.png (61 KB, 960x593)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
Which state is overall best for life in usa and why?
>>
>>1299958
Colorado probably. High standard of living, very friendly people, high levels of education, beautiful scenery, stuff to do year round
>>
>>1299965
This was true ten years ago, but the beetles killing the trees, forest fires, tons of immigrants from california, and weed is ruining it. I'd go with Montana or Alaska now.
>>
>>1299967
Im not living anywhere without a metropolitan area and good universities. The places you suggested are sparsely inhabited and would bore me to suicide
>>
>>1299969
In this case Denver has always been shit and University of Washington is pretty close anyway, but I'm not sure why you want to live near a University.
>>
>>1299975
>I'm not sure why you want to live near a University.
Because I want to be around educated people and not hicks
>>
>>1299976
>university makes you ""educated""
I think you might just want to be around fags, there's almost nothing univeristy teaches you you can't learn on your own
>>
>>1299977
>there's almost nothing univeristy teaches you you can't learn on your own
One of the defining characteristics of the hick is an overinflated sense of self worth that alienates so many people that he must retreat into isolated areas and subsist by performing menial labor
>>
>>1299980
I get it, just stay in Denver or California
>>
>>1299958
It depends on of your finances and personal interests, it's a big and varied country...
>>
>>1299958
California if you're rich.

Washington state, NJ, NC, maybe Texas if you're not.
>>
>>1299975
Colorado has really, really, terrible schools.

But other than that the state is god-tier.
Cute lakes kinda make up for no beaches.
>>
>>1299994
UC Boulder is a great school. Colorado school of mines has a good engineering focus
>>
>>1299967
>weed is ruining it
No, the "not in my backyard" faggots are. Most of them are fucking 90 and will die soon anyways so its whatever.
>>
>>1299992

NC and NJ are shit states.
>>
>>1299958
Illinois unironically. Chicago is a big city but cheaper than other big cities, especially housings.

>>1299992
The only good parts of CA are Silicon Valley and Napa
>>
File: 162829227.jpg (141 KB, 1360x370)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
New Hampshire

>Mountains
>Ocean
>Four comfy seasons
>Top 3 safest states
>No income tax
>No sales tax
>Split politics and little tension
>Great education (Mass. is right over the border if you want the best)
>Couple cities, bigger ones nearby
>Gun for everyone (see: point #4)
>Lowest unemployment in the nation

If you look at any "top state list" that uses statistics it will always be in the top 5, because it excels in just about every aspect.
>>
>>1300086
Chicago is cheap because there is basically nothing to do in the winter, which is effectively 6 months out of the year there. Also I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but the city ain't really what it used to be even 4 or 5 years ago.
>>
>>1300096
>the city ain't really what it used to be even 4 or 5 years ago.
Is it declining like Detroit or Philly?
>>
>>1300088
Looking at moving near Portsmouth. Any advice?
>>
>>1300101
It feels like it. Nightlife used to be packed shoulder to shoulder in lakeview and lincoln park, now it's relatively sparse
>>
>>1300105
Renting or buying?

In short, that's the best area to live (IMO) and also the amongst the most expensive. Good place for young people as it has some "night life", but if you're coming from a big city that's probably a joke.

Any expected budget?
>>
Personally I like arizona, excluding 3 months of summer

>2 hours north from phoneix puts you in snowbowl during the winter
>Good hiking and fishing weather almost year round
>cheap low maintenance housing costs
>food from all over the us
>close to NV/CO/CA

Unless you are incapable of drinking water or use of an AC unit, summer isn't honestly that bad
>>
wyoming is colorado but less pretentious
>>
>>1299977
>being this much of a resentful pleb.
>>
>>1300096
Both airports are easily accessible and there are cheap direct flights everywhere, it's very easy to get out during winter
>>
>>1300117
Definitely renting, not planning on being there long. And for budget I'd like to keep it around 2 grand a month for rent/utilities.
>>
>>1299958
Any state not in the south.
>>
Florida.

...unless there's a hurricane coming.
>>
>>1300060
That's a weird thing to say, NC is pretty popular, especially on 4chan.
>>
>>1300122
I would also second AZ. Cost of living is very cheap there and so is housing.
>>
>>1300194
whats the biggest concern there? earthquakes/hurricanes or something?
>>
>>1300196
Seriously? None. Maybe droughts and heat waves.

If the only things you value is cheap living and safety from natural disasters I think a small town not far from Vegas would be better.
>>
>>1300125
If Colorado is pretentious I must be the most pretentious fuck in the world.
>>
>>1300196
Own self stupidity. Many people move here and go "wow the 110+ doesn't feel so bad, I'll go for a walk or something" this is fake because the lack of humidity severely makes you underestimate the actual heat. Every year some dumb tourists come in, want to climb a mountain in the summer, don't bring enough water and pass out to die.

Only other issue is that going outside of phoenix doesn't have too many small towns to just stop and chill at unless you go north to the mountains.
>>
>>1300199
Oh and people not researching where they buy their houses for flood prone areas in monsoon season, but that's not hard to look it up
>>
>>1300199
>Every year some dumb tourists
same here in chicago. Every year theres at least a dozen cases where people don't want to pop into a store to cool off or buy a bottle of water and we get a few dead.
Even firefighters and volunteers have to go around handing out water bottles to keep the death toll down.
We probably don't go above 90 mind you.
>>
>>1300201
Yeah it's just easier to get fooled in AZ since the lack of humidity really changes what the temp feels like quicker than you know it.

I'm from VA and we had something similar happen, but self stupidity of people can exceed all dumbassery you thought you know with weather. Honestly AZ is probably my favorite state since the whole "120F!!!! I'd melt!" meme drives out a lot of people to Cali.

Just don't go too far south of Phoenix for work and you're fine, stay the fuck out of tuscon
>>
>>1300086
>Chicago is a big city but cheaper than other big cities, especially housings.
Very true. Chicago is surprisingly cheap for an undeniably major city (there are cheaper urban areas, but a lot are very sprawling and suburban in character.) Rent is around half what it is in my city (San Francisco, famously overpriced). Winter is serious business, though.
>>1299958
I've lived long-term in Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Wisconsin, and California. So far, I prefer life in California overall, but have found things to love about all of them. Namely:
>MA
Highly educated population, arguably the country's best schools. Good foliage in autumn and some very old-school New England history and physical beauty. Nice combination of rural and some decent urban areas. Lots of cute college towns full of smart folks in bucolic settings. In most of the state, you're not that far from parts more rural or more urban if you need an escape. Four distinct seasons that are sometimes lovely (sticky summers, cold winters, but often good springs and autumns). Big downside is that it's pretty expensive; it's also mostly very liberal, which is great for me but may not be for you.
>NY
Large state that varies a great deal. It has, of course, America's preeminent big city. It also has some attractive, basically rural but still sophisticated/highly educated regions (Finger Lakes area, parts of the Hudson Valley, others). Climatewise basically the same as MA, although the central and western parts of the state can be surprisingly frigid in winter. Along with the nicer bits, it's also got a surprising number of incredibly depressing, rotting post-industrial small cities with nothing going on (MA has some of these, too). That said, some of them are probably going to be ripe for a renaissance in the next few decades, since poverty has made them pretty cheap.
>Continued below...
>>
>>1300237
>NC
Very low cost of living overall. Mostly mild/warm climate (although that means that when there are two inches of snow nobody remembers how to drive and life comes to a messy halt; summers can also be oppressively hot and humid, but are not always). The central part of the state, the so-called Triangle region around Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, is extremely well educated with a growing technical and knowledge-based economy, lots of biotech and other tech, lots of startups, and a lot of relocated Yankees, so a transplant need not feel too far out of place (other parts of the South are arguably less welcoming). People are mostly very friendly. This area also has great food, local music, and cultural scenes, so even though it's more suburban than urban and you'll have to drive everywhere (no transit), it's possible to have a reasonable facsimile of big city life. It's also a large liberal pocket in a generally pretty conservative state, which was good for me. Coast is pretty but I've only visited, never lived there. Charlotte is a major financial and insurance center, so there are jobs on those fronts, too, and a lot of money around. I'd argue it has some of the best of the South (hospitality, politeness, etc.) without some of its biggest problems (insane poverty, etc.).
>WI
A little provincial/sheltered and very, very cold in the winter. But really friendly in a low-key way, pretty cheap, and well-educated in the urban areas (I lived in, and loved, Madison, a charming large college town/small city). It's quite flat and mostly rural. Maybe a little boring. Really likes beer, both craft and shitty/binge-drinkable. Nearly equally divided between liberal and conservative, with the liberals dominating in the most urban, educated, and interesting parts of the state, as we do.
>CA
Not for everyone, but it works very well for me. It's huge and very diverse. Has cities, farm towns, mountains, deserts, beaches. Mostly not cheap. A little full of itself.
>>
>>1300241
California gets a lot of flak for a lot of reasons, some but not all of which are deserved. The rural/urban, coastal/inland divide (conservative farmers are very influential inland/in the country, hardcore liberals mostly rule the cities and the coasts) is often discussed as making the state ungovernable, which is not quite as true as its reputation. But there are definitely political tensions and a lot of silliness.

But in many sectors in many parts of the state, the economy is very strong, and we're world leaders/global players in at least a couple of industries. The old chestnut that we're bankrupt is nonsense; we are one of the ~11 or so states that contributes more to the national economy than we receive from the federal government. But it's not cheap, we're highly taxed, and our politics are frequently contentious.
>>
>>1300246
You're a glowing midwit. Perfect example of a californian intellectual.

The state is bankrupt and you'd know this if you bothered to look at state bond ratings. Net tax contributions to the federal government have NOTHING to do with bankrupt status, and are generally also unrelated to economic strength.

Go ahead and wave around your degree in postmodern literature. No one cares. Shut up.
>>
OBVIOUSLY you'd want to live in the more progressive areas like California and New York, goyim. Don't you know that everyone who lives in any other state is a redneck hillbilly who hates migrants?
>>
>>1299958
Where are tou from and what is your reasoning to move to the u.s?
>>
>>1300253
Calm down there, big guy. Cash flow problems notwithstanding, we've still got one of the strongest economies in the country, at least in terms of GDP growth and business-enabling environments. But I get it--you dislike California. Please enjoy wherever you live.
>not sure what, exactly, a midwit is--is that the same as a halfwit?
>don't know much about literature, and will even cop to being a mushy economist; I'm mostly a lawyer when I'm not glowing midwittedly on 4chan.
>>
>>1300263
>confusing frderal tax revenue with state bankruptcy
>ignoring that without texas the entire u.s. was net negatovr growth since 08
>says californias economy is strong
Lawyer? In what? Some retard field like family law?
>>
>>1300269
Fucking everybody gets a divorce these days. Family law is the best possible law you could choose. Guaranteed income.

Also hear interesting stories, dirty gossip perhaps.
>>
>>1300176
That's definitely doable for Portsmouth. I'd call that a mid-range budget for the area.

If you have a dog that will make the search a bit harder since ~90%+ of places don't allow dogs. If it's a big dog/specific breed, then that's about 99%. Cat friendly is easier to find.
>>
>>1299958
Thats a very general question that could be a different answer depending on who you are. New York is one of the top cities in the world but if you hate the city whats the point. Same with the midwest ya its got rolling planes and elbow room but internet is pricey as hell. The sun belt is booming economiclly which is that southern row of states mainly. The rust belt is dieing and has been for some time which is michigan to new jersey. Though I would say "in general" new england florida texas and north cali are breedy gud. But just about any state could be best for life depending on who you are.
>>
>>1300257
>goyim
I like how even in your ironic attempt to lampoon a person who characterizes you as a reactionary racist, you still manage to be a reactionary racist

Hick areas are truly awful and disgustingly insular.
>>
>>1300344
kill yourself
>>
>>1300348
Not to mention unless you have an IQ of 95 and your idea of fun is going fast in your pickup truck, you're going to be bored out of your mind

And how every white trashlet female out there will most likely have herpes and a fourth grade reading level
>>
>>1300349
Speaking as someone who had to deal with ghetto trash from Detroit and hicks from outside the metro area, as well as being non-white (I didn't get goodboy points from the local blacks either):

I would sooner be surrounded by 1000 redneck s and their endless stream of cigarette butts than live near even 1 ghetto nigger. The random violence is just the most perplexing shit about them. A redneck can get mad at a bar or in a discussion that turns sour, but at least it takes something for them to get butthurt. Our local ghetto nigger retards that liberals love to appeal to and flush our tax dollars to? They'll kill you for a fucking five dollar bill.

There is a reason even the arabs in Dearborn hate niggers, the police department is full of "diversity" and they still treat all the black community college students like shit. It doesn't help that all the crime on the campus is from niggers. And who enables this? Smug liberal shits like you. I hope you all choke or drown when the ocean consumes shitholes like New York or Boston.
>>
>>1300355
Yeah the decision here isn't only between disgusting hicks and ghetto blacks though. So yeah false dichotomy, hick
>>
This is a neat list of the most literate cities in the US.

http://web.ccsu.edu/americasmostliteratecities/2016/overallranking.asp
>>
>>1300356
So stinky granola slurping hippies that have just as many if not more venereal diseases than niggers and hicks?

The only liberals in this shithole of a region that have cash are the Jewish blue voters and campaign contributors. The rest of the "educated" liberal demographic are living off pennies from starbucks or pennies from slurping old man cock on seekingarrangement.com.

Add to the fact that everyone hates the pretentious liberal faggots that arrive from out of state. The good thing is that they all move to Detroit, where their naive nature gets them mugged or raped by their fellow black citizens.

Good riddance.
>>
>>1300361
Hey bud don't be angry that your IQ was too low to pass calculus and you're stuck living with Macomb county hicks as a result
>>
>>1300367
Nah, I live in Bloomfield. Have fun living in overpriced shitholes. I takes a special kind of stupid to enjoy paying $300 for your seasonal, artisan blended coffee roast. Beyond the overpriced restaurants and meaningless political activism, liberals have no culture or purpose. You're every bit the consumerist husk of an entity that an illiterate dirt farmer in Appalachia is. The difference is the dirt farmer is honest about their circumstance. You fags just hide it behind useless humanities degrees, thrift store clothing and an inflated sense of intellect.
>>
>>1300370
>claims to live in Bloomfield
>mad about shit being overpriced
>thinks he even has the capacity to relate to hicks
>somehow hates Jews despite living around one of their largest concentrations in the country

Literal autist, folks
>>
>>1300372
Relative to what you get Bloomfield is far from overpriced. Birmingham and Royal Oak are overpriced. Bloomfield you get what you pay for. I didn't always live here either, I grew up Troy and West Bloomfield, born in Pontiac. So I've had my fair share of interaction with different people.

The hicks (proper hicks, not the people in Lake Orion or Macomb) are nowhere near as annoying, condescending or shitty as an uptight liberal (Ann Arbor being the epitome of this cancer). There are hicks that hate everyone and everything, and I don't bother relating with them like anyone else. But from my interactions with them, they are infinitely more pleasant than the ones with liberal shitwipes.

Bloomfield isn't perfect either. In general rich people seem to have a crippling addiction to opiates and cocaine, and their kids are no better in controlling these habits. But you still live better than the idiots who pay 2000+ a month to live in a broom closet in Seattle or Chicago. Not to mention that Michigan in general is a low cost state (barring self-proclaimed culture capitals like Traverse city and Ann Arbor). I'll also add that I'm not salty about the Jews in the least. At least they live here and have to deal with the consequences of their voting like everyone else. I grew up with too many of them to go full /pol/ on them. Plus they pay on time for labor, unlike a lot of white, black and arab shitbags.
>>
>>1300374
>names Troy and West Bloomfield as past areas of residence, two of the richest communities in the state
>unironically positing that this gives him blue collar credentials

You are so insanely out of touch that you are either a blatant homosexual or a teenager. Pick one and only one
>>
>>1300372
You liberals are so stupid its amazing. You funnel into hogh rent areas so you dont get shot by your pet monkeys and work at shitty jobs so you can be exposed to the "culture" of downtown bar districts while you blame the violence of the nigger that stabs you on red state voters 2k miles away from you who have never seen a homo erectus in real life
>>
>>1300379
You hicks are so stupid its amazing. You funnel into isolated areas so you dont get arrested for meth cooking and work at shitty jobs so you can be exposed to the "culture" of the woods while you blame the white genocide on the Jewish voters 2k miles away from you who have never seen a homo erectus in real life
>>
>>1300096
You're getting older. Chicago is 'cheaper' than other hip large markets like NYC, LA and SF but still relatively expensive compared to the rest of the country. Taxes there are a bitch and owning a car if you live in the city is super expensive.
>>
>>1300382
>nigger stabs liberal in a liberal city, suffering poverty from liberal mayors, doscrimination from liberal police chiefs, under a liberal state governor andDliberal nigger president
>liberal blames red states 2k miles away

Stay out of our states or we will blow your head off. You turned them into what they are. Come into our homes and your entire family will pay for it.
>>
>>1300391
There's no reason to own a car in Chicago
>>
>>1299958
I've heard Reno, NV is still a good value. Decent cost of living, close to Tahoe and other wilderness activities, not too far from SF and legal weed. Job market may be a little iffy since it's all hospitality.
>>
>>1300394
Come into my state and I'll write my congressman to revoke your food stamps!
>>
>>1300122
More like 5 months. May-October, 100+ degree averages.

Sorry, but Phoenix is that bad. Not to mention the horrible, dangerous drivers, uneducated people, snowbirds, lack of culture, sprawling suburbs, scorpions, terrible water... I could go on, but you get the point.

There are much better places to live than here. Sure it's relatively cheap (although becoming more expensive), but at what cost? Don't take for granted the value, mentally and spiritually, have having four seasons.
>>
>>1300399
Not on food stamps.

You made niggers ehat they are. We had nothing to do with it.

Blame us and we will kill you. Full stop. There isnt a single nigger where i live. You already lost the election. You wanna lose a civil war too?
>>
>>1300285
>owns 2 dogs
>one is wolf hybrid
Fuck.

Would renting a whole house or an apartment be easier there you think?
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>1300405
>being this mad online
Beta cuck detected. A true alpha never loses his cool
>>
>>1300269
I do mostly IP law, along with a smaller amount of international trade stuff, which is a lot less interesting than you might guess. Picking fights with patent trolls, suing Chinese companies for copyright infringement. It's a grind. But it pays the mortgage.
>>
>>1300086
>silicon valley and napa

what the fuck are you on
>>
>>1300485
>CA north of the Bay Area
>would rather live in Oregon or Washington state, both of which have better economy
>inland CA
>would rather live in Nevada or Arizona with lower tax and better economy
>SF
>smell like piss and a bunch of homeless, difficult to drive
>LA
>more of a collection of neighborhoods than actual city, bad traffic, would rather live OC or SD
>OC and SD
>yeah those are nice actually
>>
>>1300407
Perhaps a home but yeah that may be tough.

The few places in the region in my budget were dogs < 25-35 lbs. I have a friend with a pitbull and he had a very hard time.
>>
>>1300405
Hicks lost the first civil war.

They'll lose the next one, too.
>>
>>1300519
>lose the next one
More like China taking over or something. Already happening in Vancouver and they are heading to Seattle
>>
File: DT.jpg (163 KB, 1600x1200)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>1300520
Nope
>>
>>1300494
>>CA north of the Bay Area
>would rather live in Oregon or Washington state, both of which have better economy

You clearly haven't been here, it's nothing like Oregon or Washington state. It only starts to look similar north of Redding and eureka. I live in Santa Rosa and surrounding areas feels like I'm in Italy or southern France. Not to mention the amazing weather. Stop spouting shit you know nothing about
>>
>>1300253
fuck off with the strawman attacks that just makes you sound like a mediocre faggot insecure about not 'getting it' when walking through a shitty art gallery
>>
>>1300361
hang yourself faggot
>>
>>1300405
lmao everybody look at this tough guy. don't want to mess with him
>>
>>1300183
This
>>
>>1299967
Montanan here. If you want to live in any of the four big towns (none are really cities) prepare to pay out the ass for rent and make jack shit for money. Also, it's been getting sketchier and sketchier with meth heads and natives robbing houses and shooting people.
>>
>>1300577
But hey at least there's none of them dang NAGGERS around, right?!
>>
>>1299969
University of Montana is good if you like to rape.

>>1299992
Coastal Washington. Fuck the rest of the state. There has never been a worse city than Spokane Washington.
>>
_Test:00000000005_The solution to the problem will be found in this discussion.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 192x263)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1300552
he literally cannot distinguish between basic financial terms jackass

this is why blue states are bankrupt

>>1300555
you guys started cheering to kill republicans. dont be surprised when ithappens to you instead
>>
>>1300578
honestly, yeah. still prefer living here to being around nogs
>>
>>1299958
Massachusetts and i'm not even a masshole

>very white
>very liberal
>gorgeous beaches
>comfy oceanside towns
>top tier education
>top tier medical care
>close to mountains if you want them
>legal marijuana

I'd say Minnesota otherwise but they're still somewhat held back by knuckle-dragging trumptards.
>>
>>1300651
Imagine being so afraid of minorities that you literally condemn yourself and potentially your future spawn to being backwoods hicks in the wilderness
>>
>>1300713
Imagine being ao afraid of peaceful people who look exactly like you and being afraid of being mistaken for them that you allow your sons to be stabbed by niggers
>>
>>1300715
Hello I completely removed myself from the world economy and denied my children the opportunity the ability to ever advance economically or professionally because I decided to indoctrinate them in the woods with my cousin-wife into a strange Christian sect. I pass the time between government welfare checks by eating homemade speed, beating my oldest son to make him a man, and masturbating to anime figurines. I am a part of the master race foretold by a pack of German autismals who launched a coup in Germany 80 years ago and were promptly burned alive by communists or hanged. I never met my father
>>
>>1300730
Hello, I am an 80 iq half monkey who is worse at reading and.math despite free miney and food than chinese peasants without plumbing.

you are afraid i will kill you if i percieve you are a redneck. you are weak and cowardly, so instead of decrying murderers, you blame people 2k milea away for thr fact that i, a black, will murder you for 20 dollars of weed

rednecks dont hurt anyway. thats why you arent afraid to talk down to them
>>
>>1300733
You get a 2/10 for at least trying
>>
>>1300735
you are afraid of blacks. they destroy everything they touch and you are afraid of getting lynched by a sjw mob, so you act like a fag

rednecks hurt no one. you turned blacks into the monaters they are. not.someone in minnesota or utah. its your fault, and you know they will kill you as the economy continues to decline
>>
Depends what you're looking for. They all offer different shit. What kind of weather do you like? What about scenery? Inland or coastal? Do you want a big city, a small town, or a rural area with nobody around? You've gotta give me more to go off of if you're asking for a recommendation. For my personal opinion, I'd say Florida or Texas come to mind.
>>
>>1300088
>new hampshite
>mountains

Those are hills sweetie.
>>
File: _20170914_120427.jpg (129 KB, 720x535)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>1300785
This guy's right you know. The only place you can see a Realâ„¢ mountain is in the Rockies. Everyone go to Colorado!
>>
>>1300578
There's plenty actually by capita, and they get free rain to start fights and rape because affiliated with football team.
>>
File: 13153727.jpg (53 KB, 822x548)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>1300805
To be fair, white women actively throw themselves at black football players then claim it was rape when daddy finds out and threatens to never talk to her again
>>
>>1300779

I agree with this anon. First I think you have to live where you can apply for profession. If you work in an industry where that is not a problem, then I would work where I would most enjoy my off time.

As in, if you like skiing go to a mountain state, if you are a surfer of course you need the ocean.

Then, consider things like climate, taxes, general cost of living,and other factors that effect your life.
>>
>>1300101
>declining like Detroit
Compared to 4 or 5 years ago, Detroit is significantly nicer. I'm not saying roam around the entire city without worrying, but midtown has considerably transformed its nightlife and even its daytime vibe. Wouldn't call it a destination, but it isn't bad to visit now and again if you're in the area
>>
>>1300910
How do they manage to revive the city? Has there been any new industry?
>>
File: washington.jpg (183 KB, 5160x3440)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>1300785
>>1300796
I'm glad you are proud of your mountains. I'm not going to say that ours are "better" or anything because I don't really know/care about what you have to offer. All I know is that I have the choice of about 50+ day hikes within a couple hours drive that are more than enough to fulfill my needs. Maybe you have some peaks higher that would take two days to hike - that's cool.

Here's the sunrise on Mount Washington for your viewing pleasure, hope you guys come visit some time.

(Also, if you're cities are already a mile in the sky... aren't you now really hiking that much farther relatively speaking?)
>>
>>1300919
I'm >>1300796 and i was clearly being sarcastic, i posted a picture of NH retard
>>
Pacific Northwest is my life but I enjoy cross country running, hiking, Seattle and Portland have a great vibe to them as well day and nightlife.
>>
>>1300922
I was gonna reply with a picture to show how similar our mountains looked as a rebuttal, but I didnt want to be inflammatory. I thought Colorado would be less green... but didn't pick up on the sarcasm there.
>>
You're simply not getting the full American experience anywhere outside California. Ignore the jealous midwesterners; they are sad, cloistered people who will never escape their blighted hometowns.
>>
>>1300910
Detroit is making a real attempt to revitalize its nightlife, but there's something weird about armed cops on every corner to keep the peace while you're getting thrashed outside a casino

Also the fact that the city center is dominated by casinos invariably is going to being in a shitty crowd night after night.
>>
California here, love/hate relationship with it
Have mixture of hope for it though depending on what happens in the coming year, don't know if I will move but there's a possibility
How are Texas, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine?
I hear Arizona, Colorado, and Oregon aren't bad either
>>
>no one has mentioned nevada yet
lol you all are cucks nevada's where i'm gonna go
>>
>>1300183
Yeah man, I grew up in Reston, Virginia and it sucked. I now live in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, thank fuck I got out of the shithole that is the south.
>>
>>1300946
what could possibly happen in the next year to save california?

you made your bed now lie in it. mexican or liberal, i dont care. if you come to my state and drag your retarded voting policies with you we dont want you. move to another liberal paradise like chicago
>>
>>1301025
why does /pol/ or conservacucks always project so much on people without knowing anything about them? most normal people aren't leftists (don't call them liberals, they aren't)
>>
>>1299980
>overinflated sense of self worth
That's you.
>alienates so many people
Also you.
You're a hick by your own definition, you fucking retard.
>>
>>1299965
maybe 10+ years ago, not anymore.
>>
>>1299967
Alaskan here.
Anchorage and any other city or town is full of druggie and homeless shit.
>>
>>1300991

NoVa is a great place to grow up man I'm not sure what you're on about

its suburbs though and a little boring outside of school
>>
>>1300086
Sonoma, San Luis Obispo, Santa Cruz, Humboldt, Eureka, or even Palm Springs
>>
Arizona is fucking hot and that's about it. I don't see why people are even suggesting it.
>>
>>1299958
Seattle if you can afford it.

http://web.ccsu.edu/americasmostliteratecities/2016/overallranking.asp
>>
>>1301967
Are you trying to learn to read or something you dumbass?
>>
>>1301994
>he doesn't prioritize this
you plebeian fuck face
>>
>>1301967
Lmao if that's the best thing you can highlight for Seattle. It's really to tough to find literate people in other US cities!
>>
>>1302007
seattle is definitely one of the better US cities
>>
From the places I've lived:

Florida: 3/10
Virginia: 7/10
California (southern): 5/10
Pennsylvania: 6/10
Oregon: 9/10
Connecticut: 4/10

The only places I can conceive of being better than Oregon would be Washington or Colorado. If I had a billion dollars, northern California or New York could be nice too.
>>
>>1299958
probably washington state if youre an unskilled worker. 15$/h minimum wage in king county and lots of work to be had.
>>
>>1302794
>Florida: 3/10
Not disagreeing, but where in Florida?
>>
>>1299982
>>1299992
>>1300946
California is the worst holy shit the state and cities take all your money, then fucking landlords take your money, its also a miserable fucking desert. The ocean is ice cubes and homeless people are everywhere and driving sucks.

FUCK CALIFORNIA
>>
>>1302794
>If I had a billion dollars, northern California or New York could be nice too.

Yeah no shit, if I had a billion dollars I could make living in South Dakota nice
>>
File: voodoo.jpg (54 KB, 500x500)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>1302821
Jacksonville.

I've visited the other parts of Florida (was accepted into UF but went elsewhere, family has property there, etc) but on the whole there's very little I'd consider redeemable compared to other states. The weather, the people, both northern and southern FL cultures, etc.
>>
>>1299958
The state where you can see your enemies driven before you.
>>
>>1302826
>Jacksonville
Well no wonder you didn't like Florida.

It's still a good state to retire in, there's a reason old people flock here.
>>
>>1302826
I was gonna say pretty much what this guy said - >>1302837
I also hate Florida but I live in Polk county, when I tell people that they usually say the same shit.
>>
>>1302837
>>1302826
>Jacksonville
Is it that bad? I am living in South Florida (Ft. Laudy) and it's kinda meh. Wonder if North Florida is worse
>>
>>1302823
laws in california make it so you basically dont even have to pay rent idiot
>>
File: m6klum41k3jz.jpg (169 KB, 900x600)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>1302867
>laws in california make it so you basically dont even have to pay rent
which laws would these be. I live in california and have to pay rent. what am I doing wrong?
>>
which one's better, the pacific northwest or maine? maine has better beer but they both seem pretty cool to me
>>
>>1303217
the pacific northwest has a lot of new money flowing through it these days.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.