[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 43 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1424459562805.jpg (74 KB, 500x667)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Im going to thailand soon
is travel insurance worth it?
my medial insurance only covers "emergencys" and im in the us.
how do i go about buying it?
>>
there really should be a thailand general confinement thread
>>
>>1306886
Healthcare is cheap in Thailand. I'm uninsured in the US. Go to Thailand to get all my medical. Fuck insurance
>>
>>1306886

When you buy your plane ticket it will be offered. Buy it then
>>
>>1306891
There used to be Thailand Generals
>>
>>1306902
Well someone should make them again, lotta thailand threads lately. Make sure to include relevant links like forums and stuff.
>>
>>1306886
Would it be easier, more difficult, or the same to get prostitutes as an actual Thai person? Thai-American though
>>
>>1306907
Easier, I'd say, especially if you speak some Thai. There are a whole tier of prostitutes and sidelines that will be open to you. Contrary to popular belief, everyone doesn't wamt to fuck a farang, and some normal girls, especially around Bangkok, if more upper class, it is looked down on to be seen with a white guy. It's assumed you are a hooker or poor. Here is a sideline sight for you.

https://fanfinfin.com
>>
>>1306907
If you plan on following the farang circuit then you may want to bring your passport with you. Farang/Japanese gogo bars will stop you from entering if they think you are Thai. Speak English and flash the passport and they should let you in. The girls will think you are a cop once you're inside and may try to avoid you. Better to by a ladydrink and make it known you are a Westerner and they should let their guard down.
>>
>>1306886
I ripped around Vietnam on a scooter for weeks and never paid one cent to those con artist insurance companies. You'll be fine.
>>
>>1306930
i mean for medical insurance,
not the scammers.
like if you lose your passport or baggage or get in a motorbike accident.
>>
File: 1478669303053.jpg (28 KB, 294x404)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1306917
> 5 commas in a single sentence
>>
>>1306917
Upper class girls don't get a stigma about being seen with a white guy. It's the middle class ones who are wary of it.
>>
>>1306981
Sorry for the semantics, but I was thinking of the middle class, as "more upper class", not literal uppwr class, which is nigh unattainable for the average farang tourist. Though if you know what you are doing, and where to go, you might end up with a one night stand with her paying for the room, and leaving cab money on the dresser for you.
>>
>>1306893
This. But:

>>1306886
Travel insurance is useful for covering evacuation after you've been stabilized. Say you get into a major accident -- your insurance company will cover saving your life, but they won't cover months of therapy or ongoing hospitalization IN THAILAND. You would somehow have to be transported back to the U.S. (or wherever) for that. And that can be a logistical nightmare involving anything from the minor "wheel him onto a scheduled flight in a wheelchair" up to a massive effort involving a private air ambulance and an ER team keeping your life-support equipment running on the flight home.

So it really depends on what you're worried about.

If you're just worried about getting chlamydia from hookers, don't bother with insurance, you can walk into a hospital and get a one-gram dose of azithromycin for about twenty bucks. If you're going to be there for a few months doing stupid shit like renting motorcycles, then get it because you're going to get yourself run over.
>>
>>1306987
Yeah. Upper class Hi-So Thai girls will be much wealthier than 99.9% of white guys visiting Thailand.
>>
>>1306886
Here's the thing about travel insurance. It's a useless waste of money until you actually need it. First, check to see if your home provider covers overseas treatment. Most don't but some do. Second, all Thai hospitals will demand payment upfront before treatment regardless of you having travel insurance. That means if you get dengue fever or get into a nasty accident they will demand anywhere from several hundred dollars to several thousands of dollars before touching you. There are many a horror stories of foreigners launching Go Fund Me's to get someone to pay for their treatment while they languish in Thailand.
>>
The only reason I'd get it is for motorcycle accidents. There are COUNTLESS gofundme pages made by people who fucked up, needed treatment and got hit with a huge bill.

One thing to consider is most companies will not pay out if you don't have a bike licence in your home nation. And in Vietnam you are liable in every crash if you don't have a Viet licence...

Apart from that there's not much to worry about. It's not that expensive, especially if your coming from the US.
>>
>>1306901
Worst advice in this thread
>>
>>1307077
>Here's the thing about travel insurance. It's a useless waste of money until you actually need it.
That's the basis of any insurance, you dimwit.
>>
>>1306886

Well...

Idk shit about this but here is a thought.

Are they going to patch you up without insurance?

If YES are they going to let you leave the country?

If YES then I wouldn't worry about paying them back since what the fuck are they gonna do about it?

If the answer is no to any if that then idk. How much is it?
>>
>>1307274
>Are they going to patch you up without insurance?
Only if you come up with cash to pay before they start the patching.

They will let you die on the floor if you don't have cash. There is no such thing as "you are guaranteed ER treatment to stabilize you" in Thailand.

In fact, as others have pointed out, even having insurance might not convince a hospital to start working on you before having a large wad of cash shoved at them.
>>
>>1307274
>what the fuck are they gonna do about it?
Blacklist you, genius
>>
>>1306923
Why wouldn't they want Thais? That's strange
>>
>>1307969
Because the Thais like to keep groups separate when it comes to nightlife. Think of it as a defacto segregation. Thai people have their own bars and massage parlors that they go to. A Thai going to an establishment that is almost exclusively for Westerners and Japanese will set off red flags because most Thais are too poor to visit these establishments and the ones that aren't wouldn't be caught dead in them.
>>
>>1306940

I AM IN TEARS LEL
>>
>>1306886
I always laugh when Americans with no insurance home ask about travel insurance in some shithole where you can get your lungs fixed for 2000 usd
>>
I had an emergency appendectomy a week after landing in Thailand. Cost was 30.000 THB that was covered by insurance. I use the World Nomads insurance and I would suggest you get travel insurance if you're staying for a while. Especially if you plan on driving here.
>>
why did the other thread get deleted? It had way more information..
Does anyone know if there's a chinese community in Pattaya?
>>
>>1310132
That's under a grand for surgery.

Just fucking pay out of pocket.
>>
>>1311206
Any thread that is specifically about sex or sex tourism gets deleted. No one has ever explained why.

I don't know about a Chinese community, but if it's anything like the other big tourists spots in Thailand, there will be a bunch of Chinese tourists.
>>
>>1311206
Oh shit. The Thailand General got deleted? No idea why. probably too much sex talk, which is not against any board rules, btw.
>>
>>1311206
>>1311232
>>1311233
Here is an archive of it

http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1307250/#1307250
>>
>>1311232
>>1311233
Thats dumb. I liked reading threads about sex tourism. Always seems like such an adventurous undertaking.
>>
>thailand thread
>pic related is a pair of giant disgusting butts
>people in the thread talk about sex and bitches
every fucking time
you guys are seriously sick
>>
>>1311244
What are you on about? Almost the entire thread is about insurance
>>
>>1311234
Thanks. Was wondering where that went.

To answer this guy:
> Im not above banging a hooker but sounds like some of those are pretty nasty. Do you guys like it just because its so cheap? Do they even speak english?
Most of them speak at least "sex English", things like "you want boom-boom? blowjob?" A surprising number are reasonably fluent, probably a sign of spending half their lives fucking foreign guys. I can only remember one who didn't speak any English, and that might have been because she had a severe sore throat (no, I didn't fuck her, I didn't want to catch whatever she had, whether it was just a cold or was gonorrhea of the throat), she just kept trying to mime "blowjob". Yes, that one was pretty nasty. Most of them aren't, though; they are young and at least somewhat fit, although pretty much all of them have venereal diseases of one sort or another.

As far as why I enjoy it, I'm old and fat and ugly and don't pull any more hot young tail. The ones I've screwed are at least young and cute, if not stellar conversationalists or particle physicists. It's enjoyable to grope and suck a firm young pair of titties even if you're paying for the privilege. And what I enjoy is a good tittyfuck, so it's not like they're going to transmit anything to me (although a couple of them jumped at my cock like it was an ice cream cone and licked it, and I promptly got chlamydia each time, thanks girls, no tip for you, now I stuff their panties in their mouths so they don't get any stupid dick-sucking ideas).

Wrap it if you're going to stick it in them, maybe preload on doxycycline to stop anything that leaks across (it won't stop the super-resistant gonorrhea that's spreading in SEA now, but it will stop most of the rest of the bacteria), and don't expect to discuss Shakespearean sonnets or Hokusai's paintings or the latest nanotechnology research.
>>
>>1307074
I slept with HiSo ladyboy that owned two luxury condos in Bangkok, had herbown tv show and marketing agency plus house in Argentina for holidays
>>
>>1307077
>Second, all Thai hospitals will demand payment upfront before treatment regardless of you having travel insurance

Not true,some insurance companies that operate on local market allow you to bypass this. I believe Bupa International is one.
>>
>>1311380
Except that the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of his comment was that "travel insurance is a waste, don't get it, you can always get treated without it and then skip out of the country hahahahaha!" So explaining that insurance exists is kind of fucking stupid, we all know that.

And a visitor isn't going to buy a longterm policy from a local insurance company anyway.

And lastly, yeah, I totally want to risk the chance that the hospital isn't going to say, "Oh, farang, leave him in the hallway until someone comes in and puts down a deposit for his treatment." One of my friends had to pull the plug on the life support of a guy who spent a week waiting for treatment for a fractured skull that had leaked all of his brain fluid out.
>>
>>1311271
This sums it up, use a condom or cry later
>>
>>1311271
wrap it up for even blow job?
>>
>>1307081
how
>>
>>1307074
Met one who said she wanted to come over after she got done at Uni for a 'cuddle date' I proposed. She showed up in a brand new BMW that her dad who was a partner at a major engineering firm bought her. And here I thought it was just going to be some paddy trash; moral of the story is you never know
>>
>>1306987
So where do I go to find these upper Hi so Thai girls?
I'm not interested in paying for sex
>>
>>1311378
>she
>>
How many condoms should I bring with me?
I'm not huge, but a regular american condom strangles boner, no feeling and go limp.

I wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere, with a cute/sexy girl and have no condom and risk rolling the dice because too lazy to find where I can get some of the right size.
>>
>>1311396
you didn't understand me
Bupa operates on local market but also provides travel insurance.
It has arrangements with some hospitals, and they won't ask for payment first if you are insured with their preferred insurance agent. Some hospitals do list their preferred insurers.
Bupa is expensive though £130.
>>
>>1311427
Yes of course. The only entirely localized infections are herpes and HPV. All of the others are at least present in saliva, although there at least used to be research saying that saliva somehow inactivated HIV so that it wouldn't infect. I think it was just a matter of there being so little present that it wouldn't.

Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, all of them are in saliva and WILL infect you via blowjob if she's got them. And the current gonorrhea strains in Thailand are bordering on incurable with current antibiotics.
>>
>>1311540
you should buy your baby sized condoms on amazon, dumbdumb
>>
>>1311581

shit you are fucking stupid kill yourself faggot

btw i fuck thai whores without a condom enjoy your hiv faggt
>>
>>1311586
>actually has multiple strains of STD's that modern medical technology hasn't yet detected that make him into a giant faggot
>>
>>1311582
does amazon operate in foreign countries?
asking for you to call me retarded I know
>>
>>1311695
Buy it now before your trip. How many condoms you need depends on how long you are staying and how many bangs per day. I seen some dudes go through 5 girls a day during their trip. And some 1 girl few days on budget. Condoms are cheap anyway. Just buy a stack
>>
>>1311699
5 jungle sluts or 1 perfect HiSo mommy?
I prefer the wealthy mommy I think here.
>>
>>1311695
If you have the hook up at the embassy or a military base, like JUSMAGTHAI, you can get stuff mailed to and APO address.
>>
>>1311701
I was with one woman during my 2 weeks in Thailand, but we fucked as much as 3 or 4 times a day. 2 minimum. Had I used a condom I would have needed quite a bit. Don't equate one woman with not needing a lot of condoms, if condoms are your thing. (I have a vasectomy, I was done with kids at 20, 21 when my son was born)
>>
>>1311701
Ewww baby damage. Give me dem farm fresh issan monkeys any day.
>>
>>1311699

we talking 5 hookers here? i wanna believe it's regular thai girlss
>>
>>1311716
Hookers of course.
>>
>>1311716
what a stupid question
>>
>>1311695
Amazon will ship stuff to you, whether you get it and how long it takes depends on what shipping method you choose and how Thai Post feels on a particular day. Thai Post is VERY well known for demanding ridiculous bribes to release packages to foreigners. Not joking, you will pay the standard duty fee plus a large "surcharge" -- IF they even pass it along to you and don't "lose" it.
>>
>>1311794
Even locals. I shipped so me perfume to a local. The "duty" she paid on it cost more than the perfume, I think
>>
>>1311581
>Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis
Both Chlamydia and gonorrhea have almost zero influence on you if you are male.I had gonorrhea twice now. You can get vaccinated agains HPV(which I did) and take PreP for HIV
>>
>>1312391
Chlamydia can cause sterility in both males and females, and can trigger prostatitis, which is an excruciating months- or years-long mess.

Congratulations on your gonorrhea, some of the strains going around Thailand nowadays are almost untreatable. Your dick will drip pus until it falls off.
>>
>>1311706
She was clean? How did you find her?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.