[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1463163781113.jpg (172 KB, 1080x1349)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
Where should I go for my first trip to Latin America? I wanna go two weeks in February but I'm not quite sure where to go.

Tempting between:
>Rio Carnival and other parts of Brazil
>Chile, Argentina, Uruguay
>Panama and Costa Rica
>>
>>1307412
>>Rio Carnival and other parts of Brazil
Very nice but I don't recommend carnival. A dangerous place full doesn't get better when everybody is drunk. I would recommend Santa Catarina instead, or places in the Northeast like Ceará beach towns. But again, avoid carnival.
>>Chile, Argentina, Uruguay
Chile and Argentina outdoors are better in fall, or spring. Santiago sucks, Buenos Aires is disgustingly hot in summer. There is a reason why argies try to get the fuck out to Brazil and Uruguay. Of the three, Uruguay is the only one worth visiting during february. Beach towns are dank places. You can party or chill a will. It's comfy. But I don't think it would be the best place to start touring Latin America. You might get bored, unless you're super rich and want to enjoy the most exclusive activities in Punta del Este.
>>Panama and Costa Rica
Honestly I think this might be the best option. If you're a gringo it will give you the most Latin American feeling. Places have a regular climate all year round, it's a shorter trip, and the ecotourism infrastructure is way more developed if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>1307429
What about Belo Horizonte, Sao Paulo and Florianopolis?

I'm a Yuro btw
>>
>>1307430
>What about Belo Horizonte
Never been there, but I heard it's a very nice place. Weather is temperate, city is nice, and you're close to historical towns like Diamantina and Ouro Preto. If you're a history buff it might be attractive. The Fazendas Mineiras are said to be a nice place to chill and eat great food. BUT, you would be missing the beach, which kind of sucks if it's your first time in Brazil. If you mix it with some other locations, it might be good.
>Sao Paulo
Never been there, but why would you like to visit that concrete monster during summer? Forget about it.
>and Florianopolis?
It's been a while since I've been there, but I love it. You have a beach for every taste: family, luxury, surf, hippies and potheads, desert beaches at the south that you reach after a two hour hike...this post made me want to go back.

Chapada Diamantina and Jericoacoara are two other places I've been to that I recommend.
>>
>>1307412
You can find good street carnaval in most Brazilian cities, Anon. But if you want to mix carnaval and tourism, you can go either to Ouro Preto and historical cities in Minas Gerais or Olinda (near Recife - one of the best carnavals,)
>>
>>1307430
>Belo Horizonte
It's an ordinary big city. It is good as a hub to historical cities in Minas Gerais. But there is an astonishing museum (I've been in museums in Spain, Netherlands and Russia) near it (Brumadinho city) called Inhotim, which is very worth to pass a day.
>São Paulo
Everything happens there, it's a sort of Third World New York
>Flonópsh
I love it. They say Jurerê internacional has Ibiza-Tier parties in the summer, but as I have never been in Ibiza I can't confirm.
>>
File: mexicanchick.jpg (97 KB, 498x750)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Why are Mexican girls so qt?
>>
Ecuador might be nice. It's got all the climates in Latin America (except for desert and things like the Patagonia) in a relatively small area. It's very safe too, probably the safest in Latin America after Chile.
>>
>>1307448
brighter candles burn out faster
>>
>>1307448
OP here now that I think of it, I canceled out Mexico because I don't hear a lot of good things coming out of that country, but I'm I right to do so?
>>
Should I take my extensive std collection from Southeast Asia and add to it in South America? I feel like Asia is better but never been south of US
>>
>>1307528
Yes. Don't fucking go there m8
>>
>>1307528
that's completely retarded. Mexico is big. And it receives more tourists combined than the rest of Latin America. That would tell you something.
>>
>>1307412
Cuzco, Peru. Just hang out and get altitude sickness, eat alpaca steak, drink coca tea, try some guinea pig, hike around some of the most beautiful places on earth, visit Macchu Picchu. All round incredible place.

Rio Carnival can be great too. I stayed in a backpackers in Vidigal, a "pacified" favela - it was beautiful and very close to Ipanema beach, the main richfag tourist area. Mostly just hung around and chilled, rode bicycle around. I wasn't too much into the partying - though you should definitely visit the Sambadrome (a life changing experience)
>>
>>1307412
First of all, realize that Brazil is very different from every other latin country.

Second, how much money do you want to spend? Don't go to Rio to save money. It's a very dangerous city, so you need to spend if you want to be safe.

Belo Horizonte: good for a couple of days of drinking and partying.

Sao Paulo: the same, but much bigger and has many more options.

Florianopolis: nothing to add, except that the beaches in the south of the country have cold water. The beaches in the northeastern region of Brazil have hot water and that makes a lot of difference.

How many days are you spending in Brazil? The whole two weeks, if you chose it as a destination?
>>
>>1307653
Yes if I would go to Brazil I would remain there my entire stay
>>
>>1307666
Do you have money to spend or are you on a tight budget?

Brazil is very big and every region is interesting. I would suggest that you fly a lot.
>>
>>1307668
My budget would be rather tight. Not extremely though
>>
I'm going to Chile in a few weeks, how much time should I spend in Santiago?
>>
>>1307528
There are tons of people on here who went to Mexico and loved it . I'm pretty sure Colombia has more crime anyway.
>>
>>1307468
I've been to Ecuador and I loved it. The food was good, the scenery was beautiful, and there was various random cool stuff that I liked.

They use the USD too, so it's convenient if you're American.

It is one of the safest countries in Latin America, with a murder rate only a little higher than that of the US.
>>
>>1307528
>cancelled mexico to go to brazil

Look OP, I spent the last year all around south america and mexico, and Mexico was by far the safest place I went. The violence is between cartels and even then it's almost entirely confined to the north (where it's boring to go anyway). You won't encounter danger in Mexico unless you specifically go looking for it -- I can't say the same about Brazil or elsewhere in S America (maybe chile is fine though)

>>1307448
They usually aren't. Only the wealthier girls (think top 5-10%) in Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, and a couple other spots are decent looking. Rest are butt ugly.

Go to Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, etc. - that's where the quality is.
>>
>>1307815
>Go to Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, etc. - that's where the quality is.

What about Costa Rica and Panama?
>>
>>1307597
>Mexico is big. And it receives more tourists combined than the rest of Latin America

The number of 35 million tourists that go to México per year are a meme, the mexican government mixes Pablo and Paco who work in the south of the US and go in car to visit the family for a few days with Hans and Nigel who go by plane to see the aztec pyramids or mexican beaches, if we speak of tourists in the strict sense of the word the number of 35 million would be reduced by half or less, just remember that there are 35 million mexicans in the US, only 11 million are illegal and many of them have family in Mexico to which they send money
>>
En the time you say is summer you well prefer Uruguay chile and argentina
>>
>>1307412
I did Chile, Argentina, Uruguay with a friend and had the time if my life
>>
If Mexico wasn't a shit hole why would they be colonizing the US in a desperate effort to get out?
>>
File: 1403997442872.jpg (77 KB, 420x630)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
Any recommendations for a Latin American getaway this January-February..Coming from USA

Looking to meet some sexy "light skinned" latinas, (no problem with P2P but no Brazilian niggers) do some /out/ activities like fishing hiking, maybe some cultural stuff(museums, landmarks, etc).

Just looking for a week or two vacation when the winter weather hits the northeast.
>>
File: 1408975910840.jpg (130 KB, 612x612)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>1308438
>>1308438
Considering Costa Rica
>>
>>1308438
It's summer in the southern cone then, so Chile/Argentina/Uruguay?
>>
Is Panama City a cool place to go out?
>>
File: casabonita3.jpg (90 KB, 656x501)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>1308438
>Not wanting a race-mixed carioca.
>>
>>1307528
>canceled Mexico out of all places
Nigga, Brazil is way more violent than Mexico, why would you do that?
>>
File: 1499556873655.jpg (106 KB, 750x993)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>1308976
>>
>>1308438
CR and Panama are mostly over the hill Colombian imports (at least the HDR/Cocal/Habanos/etc scenes. You can find light skinned women in Colombia without a problem but the scene is difficult to navigate if you don't speak Spanish. If you don't then I recommend staying at the Medellin Mansion in Medellin, the owner brings girls to the hotel and makes it extremely userfriendly. You will actually find more white/light skinned girls in Brazil than any of the above countries. Just go to Sao Paulo instead of Rio. Sao Paulo even has a better P4P scene than Rio nowadays anyway, and no shortage of white girls. Argentina is another option as well although I don't have any experience there.
>>
>>1307710
If your budget is tight, avoid Rio. Your chances of getting robbed or killed are very high.
>>
File: Valdivia.jpg (202 KB, 1020x765)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>1307714
1 day, go to south Valdivia or Puerto Varas
>>
>>1309114
Why are Brazilians always so self hating? Fucking annoying
>>
American here who wants to go to Brazil next summer to do Jiu jitsu for a month.

I posted in another thread but it died and I got no advice.

Any of you guys recommend any areas to train at? I don't have any specific gyms in mind. I've heard that Sao Paulo is better than rio but who knows if thats true
>>
>>1307714
don't waste time in santiago, maybe a day, make a tour around santa lucia hill, enjoy the view of the city from there or from costanera center(the tallest building in south america). that's all that you need to know and see from santiago. oh, there is a teleferic too, well, that's all you need to see from santiago.
>>
>>1309210
How's the nightlife?
>>
>>1309204
No reason to go to Brazil for BJJ anymore. California has the best Jiu jitsu schools and athletes in the world right now.

t. brother is a black belt worlds champion in his division
>>
>>1309376
Yeah I know, I've heard the same thing. I'd probably get better training here since there'd be no language barrier. It's mainly just an excuse for me to go and see Brazil.
>>
>>1307815
What? I've seen a ton of Mexican women and most are not ugly
>>
>>1308438
If you only want white girls, don't even go to Latin America
>>
>>1309582
light skinned and white are two different things

habla ingles
>>
>>1309186
Rio is a shithole. There are so many better brazilian cities. I'm not telling him to avoid the whole country.
>>
Utila, Honduras
or
Bocas del Toro, Panama

These are the two coolest places on the fucking planet.
>>
>>1309833
>There are so many better brazilian cities

Such as? Sao Paulo? Belo Horizonte?
>>
>>1310406
Both are better if you want some "urban" fun like good restaurants, bars, pubs and nightclubs.

Beaches? There are 50+ better cities than Rio in the northeast alone.
Dozens more if you want to visit the south of the country.
Do some basic research and create a shortlist.
>>
>>1307710
>>1309114
Other anon. It's not the best time to visit Rio now. Rio state is bankrupted. Other than that, life cost in Rio is quite high.
>>
>>1307528
Loved Mexico. But it is sketchy, not just in the north. I was there at the BPM mass shooting, and then a friend of mine went down a few years later in the same area and found a body that had been shot on their first day.

But besides that, loved my time in Mexico.
>>
>>1307528
Mexico is fucking amazing. It's like seeing the most beautiful miracle of life revealed to you. But each year you spend in that beautiful country, you have one in ten thousand chance of being murdered. Do you think it's worthy? That depends on you. But remember, being alive it's ever being on risk...
>>
File: 2.jpg (554 KB, 1600x2401)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>>1309584
"light skinned" is implying you only want white Latinas

then again I'm not sure what your cutoff is for light skinned

if you wouldn't eat the ass of a chick like pic related, you're gay though
>>
>>1311754
their murder rate is not 100 per 100,000, that's more like El Salvador or Honduras
>>
Colombianfag here. It's definitely improved a lot since the 90s and the dollar is very strong here. You can definitely enjoy yourself here, especially in the countryside. I'd avoid Bogota though.
>>
>>1311797
For me the girl in your pic would be white. For me any latina I could make white children with is alright.
>>
>>1311798
I said "one in ten thousand", that's 1 / 10 000, equivalent to 10 / 100 000 .
>>
I see a lot of people here mentioning Mexico

I was thinking of taking my car all the way from the US down to Argentina

Is that possible?
Is it ok anywhere in Mexico to drive through the border?
Will I get murdered on my trip to/from South America by car?
>>
>>1312035
No road between panama and colombia,
Ferrying your car can run up the price alot.
>>
>>1312030
oops I did my math wrong

10/100,000 is not even noteworthy, many US cities are more dangerous than that. Philly, Houston, Dallas, etc.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.