[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: hola.png (5 KB, 306x264)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Where should I go to learn Spanish? I plan on doing a language immersion program in February. Maybe 8-10 weeks total.

I'm a white boy from Texas graduating college in December. Somewhere in South America would be cool. I was thinking Cuenca, Ecuador or Buenos Aires, Argentina.
>>
What's your Spanish level right now?

Language immersion in general is not recommended for complete beginners if it's only for a short period of time, like just a few weeks or months for example.

As a complete beginner it will take some time before you will be able to get out of the school book pit and establish authentic interactions with natives. So immersion can be a very frustrating experience for someone starting out and thus be very detrimental to succeeding with a language. It is not the holy grail of language study.

You should at least have some basics down, being intermediate level is preferred.

The more you know, the more yu are going to learn.
>>
Did this in Southern Spain, it was the greatest experience of my life. although, in terms of learning the language, Andalusia is not exactly the best for accent.

Of the other Spanish speaking countries I've hit (Mexico, Honduras, Chile, Argentina) I enjoyed Chile the most, but the Argentinians were the easiest to communicate with, so... take that for what it's worth.
>>
>>1309838
I know a bit but I'm still definitely a beginner. Thanks for the heads up
>>1309853
I'll take that into consideration. I appreciate it
>>
>>1309821
If you're in TX you shouldn't need to go anywhere for Spanish language immersion.
>>
>>1310665
This and complete the assimilate Spanish made easy program before you leave. I did a level one inmersión forma 6 weeks. It was a waste of time and money. It is better to be intermediate before immersion. That's what Alexander Argüelles says, and he is the best polyglot on planet Earth currently.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.