[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 9 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 14th Birthday, 4chan!

File: IMG_5794.jpg (81 KB, 464x700)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Amerilard here.

I want to move somewhere affordable (but not disgusting like Cleveland or Detroit) and rather rustic so I can spend my days writing.

I plan to work an evening job as a security guard, bookkeeper, bartender, whatever.

Where is the place for me?
>>
lmao fuck off you little hipster
>>
>>1311349
Oregon coastline/Northern Californian coastline
>>
>>1311353
I'm a rich corporate attorney you cocksuck
>>
>>1311362
that doesn't contradict what he said

if you were going to write you'd have done it by now, this is posing/procrastinating
>>
>>1311363
Why would I have done it already? That doesnt make any sense.
>>
>>1311365
because you could be doing it literally right now, everyone who says "i want to be a writer" is really saying "i'm lazy but want the status of pretending to write"

prove me wrong by closing your browser and opening notepad and writing something
>>
>>1311349
>Cleveland
>disgusting
You’re just wrong Anon. Sure there’s areas of CLE that I wouldn’t go, but that’s true of every major city. Cleveland is a comfy-tier city with a lot to offer.

1. Cheap as fuck. You can buy a house for dirt cheap, as long as you don’t mind putting work in. The cost of living is great too
2. Good people. As long as you stay away from the niggers, people in CLE are friendly and chill.
3. Lots to do. Tons of parks, trails and the lakefront if you want outdoors. Good music scene, bars and restaurants after dark.

Go check it out before you dismiss it.
>>
>>1311363
>if you were going to write you'd have done it by now, this is posing/procrastinating
This guy knows how it is. I had a friend who used to manage studios in a kind of urban artists colony. All these retired folks and trust fund kids and sea-changing down-shifters would rock up with brand new expensive equipment deciding to be artists now. A month later they'd give up and sublet those studios at half the price.

Read what Bukowski wrote about guys like you, OP:
https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/air-and-light-and-time-and-space/
>>
>>1311362
Sure, that's why you need to work as a security guard to afford living expenses.

I put in five years as a corporate attorney, saved my shekels, and retired.
>>
>>1311367
You're right. I've begun. Wish me luck
>>
>>1311585
Wow good for you. Some of us have crippling loans
>>
>>1311363
>>1311353
oh shit what is wrong with working a low key job and saving money to do what you love? fuck him for having a hobby and knowing what he wants out of life right? damn.

still made me lol with the fpbp though so 10/10 would laugh again, sorry OP
>>
>>1311674
No worries. Funny enough I've written a bunch. Makes everyone so mad because they want to do it or something more creative but don't.
>>
>>1311693
This whole thread is so funny after all

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.