[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: sagrada_familia.jpg (400 KB, 640x427)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
I live in Barcelona aka Europe's number 1 amusement park. Lived here almost all my life. AMA.
>>
I'll ask a few questions:

1) what's the best way to find a clean and quit apartment and what's the cheapest you could rent it for?

2)let's say that I have an EU passport. How do I get a Spanish ID so that they know I'm there and not in Germany for example? Because you need to pay taxes, so how do you "claim" Spain as your residence?

3) if you didn't live in Barcelona, where would you live? Is Salamanca good?
>>
*quiet
>>
>>1324072
>1) what's the best way to find a clean and quit apartment and what's the cheapest you could rent it for?
Apartment for living, as in not for tourism? Idealista.com. Right now if you can find something for 600 in Barcelona be thankful, and that'll be at most around 40 sq m. A normal 60-70 sq m apartment goes for 800-1000.
At the moment the best thing to do is go live in the burbs.

>2)let's say that I have an EU passport. How do I get a Spanish ID so that they know I'm there and not in Germany for example? Because you need to pay taxes, so how do you "claim" Spain as your residence?
You just go to the Oficina de Extranjeros and sign up as resident in Spain, then you get your NIE which is the spanish ID for foreigners.
You pay your taxes if you work, but you have to make a certain amount before you have to actually make the tax declaration, otherwise with the standard income tax it's all good. I've never done a tax declaration because I've never made enough money.

>3) if you didn't live in Barcelona, where would you live? Is Salamanca good?
No idea, I've only ever lived in Barcelona. I guess Madrid or Bilbao would be my second choice. Also depends on what you want to do, work, study, hang out...
>>
>>1324050

are spanish people counted as white because spain is in europe? but then why are south americans not counted as white?
>>
>>1324263
idk. I think Spaniards qualify as light-skinned africans. They definitely have a subhuman mindset.
>>
>>1324263
>>1324272
Spanish have subhuman religious chimp outs akin their North African brothers and cannot handle finance / a good work ethic (of delayed gratification for the greater good).

For the rest pretty bro tier.
>>
>>1324305
I don't think they're bro tier. They're selfish backstabbing ignominious assholes.
>>
Where do actual Catalans hang out?
I went to those overpriced shitclubs at the beach but it was full of tourists (i knew beforehand though).
>>
>>1324358
Hang out as in bars and sheit? Marina area, close to the Marina metro station in the Poblenou Borough.
I never remember which street exactly is where all the popular bars are, but if you go to Marina metro station on a friday or saturday evening you just have to follow the crowd. Lots of popular spots there like Sr. Lobo, BB+, Ovella Negra, and the famous Razzmatazz.

The Apollo on Paral·lel is also popular with a more upper class crowd. And then there's also some upper class places uptown, no idea where tho.
There's also some places around Eixample, but those are specific locales that are popular among locals, again since I don't go out partying much I wouldn't know.
I've only ever gone partying to Marina. Very eclectic crowd there, a bit of everything.
>>
>>1324050

Barcelona Vs. NYC, who would win?
>>
>>1324365
Win at what, being the bigger tourist whore? BCN hands down.
>>
>>1324361
ok thanks.
Also do you happen to know anything about the artscene over there?
I preferred Madrids musea desu.
>>
>>1324414
>know anything about the artscene
not really, I know somewhat about the film/tv scene tho.
>>
>>1324050
What do young catalan engineers earn.
>>
>>1324558
1500-2000e/m
>>
>>1324627
best case scneario tho, my buddy makes 800 for 6 hrs a day part time
>>
>>1324361
Dude Marina is the most overrated fuck place ever now. I get that Razzmatazz is there but otherwise with all the hotels being people are bailing. Poblenou is going to turn into a standard, sanitized tourist hub.

The last saving grace for bars and nightclubs in BCN is Nova Esquerra, near the Upper Diagonal. 10e gets you into a decent club with non-shitty, non-pretentious music.

Also near Parallel skateboard park there is a decent club.

Otherwise the BCN nightlife is total shit. Full of sudaca-infested reggaeton, "lads", and local hippies who are intolerant of foreigners. If you live there you can maybe get good rooftop parties or raves but the cost of rent is artificially high.

Madrid is better. Spain as a whole is fucked.
>>
>>1324050
I lived there for a year, was fun but got tired of it, no local culture. If your goal is to hook up with a Spanish chick, bcn isn’t the place. Also fuck moroccans, shit culture and people

>>1324365
Nyc to live, Bcn to visit
>>
I can only speak Spanish and not much Catalan. Is it ok to use it or will people get mad at me?
>>
>>1325308
Some guys will get mad at you in Catalanist bars (if they have a rattail its 50% more likely)

Otherwise no one will care.
>>
>>1325308
>>1325424
Just don't expect to be treated like a local. Loads of guirís speak spanish. Loads more come here for 2 weeks to learn spanish so they can try it out for ordering stuff.
>>
>>1325153

>Local hippies who are intolerant of foreigners
>Calls Latin American sudacas.
>>
>>1325302

In which sense would NYC be better to live?
>>
>>1324627
after tax?
>>
>>1324263
Because south americans are half indigenous
>>
>>1325549
I was using sudaca as an ajective, is it really that offensive?

Don't assume my prejudices.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.