[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 2018.jpg (40 KB, 554x240)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
2017 is wrapping up, what travel plans does /trv/ have for the new year?

So far I have:
>Tokyo in early March for a long weekend
>Europe in May for 2 weeks visiting Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and France

I want to do SEA later in the year but it's far too early to book that or even think about it really.
>>
>>1332747
Probably just
>UK for a week in march
>Japan for 2.5 weeks in July/August

Aside from that just doing short trips around the US, not that I wouldn't mind going more places overseas but the hassle is just not worth it sometimes.
>>
>>1332747
year long backpacking trip from Europe to Asia as soon as I got enough money saved. probably in Mai
>>
Australia for 2 weeks in January.

Planning on Japan around May for two weeks.

Then hoping for a 2-3 month backpack in New Zealand starting December.
>>
>>1332747
Hopefully moving to Japan to teach some English/learn some Japanese for a year, starting this coming summer.

I probably won't move around a lot for that year, but afterwards, probably starting in 2019 I am planning a "travel until I have no more money" kind of trip all over Asia. I am already saving money for my time in Japan and afterwards.
>>
>>1332747
Unfortunately it looks like I'll be waiting til 2019 til I'm able to travel internationally again.
>>
I'm flying to Vietnam tomorrow to look for a job.
>>
>>1332747
Back to Canada for me on the 13th, work permit got renewed for another 2 years.
>>
Leaving my job in China and plan on doing the trans siberian and then flying to Jerusalem. By October I will go to phase 2
>>
>>1332763
What sort of job
>>
I already have a Vegas trip booked for April, and always go over Xmas, but for a summer trip I'm looking at Singapore or possibly Macau. The fact that almost everyone speaks English in Singapore might be the kicker.
>>
I'm planning a week-long spring break trip, possibly to Georgia/Azerbaijan or Ukraine with a friend. In May I'm hoping to go to central Europe (Prague and Budapest, maybe Vienna or elsewhere in Poland and Germany). I also applied for an international internship exchange program, so if I'm lucky I could spend the summer in who knows where.
>>
>>1332780
In all likelihood, everyone you'll need to talk to speaks English well enough. Aside from the signs being in Portuguese, it's as easy to get around as Hong Kong, and almost as easy as Singapore
>>
>>1332784
(that was unclear, sorry, I was talking about Macau)
>>
I've been traveling since May.

Planning to go home around January 7th or 8th, so I can finally finish university. I'm in my mid-twenties and a bit sick of budget travel, though I hope to find a job that'll let me shift overseas.

Currently in India and will spend the New Year here.

Plans for next year are pretty tentative. I think I'll go somewhere in Latin America for Spring Break -- either Mexico City (already been) or Peru, depending on prices -- and then back to India for summer. Might do Pakistan, too, if I can pull both the visas before May.

I think I'll take a 1-3 week motorbike trip through the Appalachians and/or New England prior to India in 2018.
>>
>>1332777
Will look for a job teaching English.
>>
Planning on leaving Vancouver in may and returning to Ireland for the Summer. Then hopefully going to move to Berlin and live there for a bit.
>>
>April, meet up with my sister in Japan, I live in France, she lives in Bangkok
>October, having my mother visiting me in France, we'll do some road trip in Switzerland and northern Italy
>August, buy pic relate and do a 3 weeks trip alone in the pyrenées and northern Spain
>if I'm in a relationship at the end of the year, I might go visit my sister in Thailand
>>
>>1332747

>Jan/Feb - Euro Skitrip
>March - Full Moon @ Koh Phangan and Laos
>April - India
>May - Trekking in Nepal
>June - Saudi Arabia (They are issuing tourist visas for the first time in 2018!), Iran, Jordan and Israel
>July - Europe party loop and general sightseeing
>August - Maybe USA?

Big year for me ay
>>
I don't know. I really want to start a career this year if possible instead of the usual shit jobs I work.

One friend wants me to go to a resort in Mexico with her since she has severe travelling anxiety

Mom wants to do a family trip to the UK but nothing has come of that so far and I doubt anything will

I'm considering either going to Vietnam and renting a motorcycle and doing a tour with and maybe taking a bus to Laos and Cambodia after, or I'm going to Beijing and North Korea.
>>
>>1332747
have sex with cute people
>>
>>1332872
same but this has been my plan for the past 10 years now
>>
>>1332747
Looks like I'll be going to Mexico and UAE in the Spring for events. Probably a trip with family in the Fall, but got to get them all together over Christmas to make some decisions.
>>
I'll be dropping out of Uni and going to NZ in september. im thinking about staying for a year, and then travelling to Georgia, Ukraine and the balkans. SEA as well if i can save enough money. im pretty excited desu. its been well over 2 years since my last long term solo trip. i wonder how this one is going to treat me?
>>
>>1332863
damn. How do you afford to travel so often?
>>
File: 0ran01_nativespecies.png (783 KB, 3591x2250)
783 KB
783 KB PNG
>>1332747
>Down to Port Mansfield, TX for some fishing this winter break
>Florida Keys for a sailing trip with friends over spring break
>Mexico some whenever I feel like it and the tickets are cheap
>Iceland in July for some hiking with another old friend
>full spain / more of S Europe trip late summer

That's all I have planned desu but I travel a lot just on whim and have plenty of money for it all saved up.
>>
>>1332783
What was it called?
>>
>>1333351
It's called IAESTE, I found it just through googling so I'm not particularly getting my hopes up, but it seems nice in that it's specifically for STEM majors, and they're paid internships (not well, but at least cost of living in the city you end up in). The application period for this year ended last week though
>>
>London for MLK weekend
>possibly Indonesia towards years end
>maybe Oman with a friend
>Mexico in May

Looks like a good year
>>
korea > japan > taiwan > phillipines > japan > europe (possibly)
>>
>>1332747
Heading to Vn to visit some australian friends for march , have a couple of interveiws lined up also
>>
>>1333370
I applied too! What do you study/where?
>>
>gunna meet up with a friend in Amsterdam for a day or two, then head down to Prague or some other city for the rest of the week
>Russia for world cup in late June
>Go to Paris with Russian qt gf
>>
Going to Morocco for NYE
>>
File: ihpIJ0v.jpg (200 KB, 1038x1553)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
Finally landed a job that gives me a lot of leeway for recreational travel. Tokyo has been locked in for February, although I'll probably only spend a week or two there, and then travel down to Phuket in Thailand just to see what all the fuss is about.

Later in the year when I've saved my shekels, I've been dying to visit Scotland. Italy and a couple Mediterranean islands have also caught my eye. The Balkans and Eastern Europe will probably round out the year. It's all very exciting.

The future looks bright, anons, knock on wood.
>>
>>1332747
Went to Europe for the first time in spring, going to be doing some continental US travel next year, around Texas. Hopefully I'll be going to Spain and Italy with my girlfriend for her cousin's wedding in summer. Really looking to visit Roncevaux pass considering the battle was the subject of my term paper.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.