[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 90 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: th.jpg (6 KB, 314x198)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Mexico is on sale again.
The drug violence has chased all the tourists away.
Anyone here planning on taking advantage of the discounts and exchange rate?
>>
>>1342765

If I want to see Mexicans I will go to California...
>>
>>1342766
Can't camp on the beach for free in California.
Can't stay in a hotel in the beach for 50 bucks in california.
Very few 15 dollar hookers in California
>>
>>1342770

Wow, it sounds so good! Is it possible there’s some kind of catch? A reason no one wants to take advantage of these great prices? Possibly drug cartels who want to chop my head off in some satanic ritual or some shit?

Ah, who am I kidding? It’s not like anything bad has ever happened to a white tourist in Mexico before...

Also, fuck California. I will take my maplegooks over your wetbacks any day.
>>
>>1342771
>It’s not like anything bad has ever happened to a white tourist in Mexico before.
Very rare.
Millions of Americans visit Mexico every year.
A few of those are drug dealers, most are tourists.
Very very few have any problems at all.
>>
>>1342765
Yes, never been to Mexico City, planning to go either there or Oaxaca this year.

>>1342770
>>1342773

Why do you engage with them? Ignore them.
>>
>>1342771
Don't bother, just let him get his face sewn onto a soccer ball as a warning to others.
>>
>>1342770
You can find beach hotel rooms in Mexico from $10 in a lot of places, even less sometimes.

But you'd be nuts to camp not in a guarded area except in Baja (and even there it's not without risk)
>>
>>1342765
That's not true. Mexico is one of the ten countries in the world with more tourist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings
I agree that the exchange rate is attractive.
>>
>>1342992
>except in Baja
I did the vanlife thing all over baja last year. Even cities like cabo and la paz.
Never felt unsafe
>>
>>1343094
I've done the same; I also never felt unsafe but Mexico is Mexico. I certainly never felt as totally-at-peace as I would camping middle-of-nowhere US or Canada.
>>
>>1342771
>>1342955
Bad bait. People already know Mexico is generally safe. If you want to improve your bait game maybe try doing this with lesser known countries.
>>
>>1342765
I usually do the "digital nomad" thing in SEA and Africa, but considering Mexico now.

Apart from Mexico City, which other fairly large cities are there that are
A. reasonably safe.
B not full of american frat-boys
C have decent internet.
D. Comfortable even without a vehicle

I am checking prices and Mexico seems cheap. I spend about $1400 a month in SEA for everything (lodging, food, GF's) but it seems like I can get away cheaper in Mexico. Is that right?
>>
>>1343141
Oh are you a filthy mestizo mexican?
Cuz obviously you are gonna get fucked if you are
>>
>>1343135
>Apart from Mexico City, which other fairly large cities are there that are
Monterrey is pretty chill
>>
>>1343141
>ehrmageerd, the humanity
Welcome to sentience, youngblood. People die in horrible ways all over the planet. Don't you have a shitter forum to post at?
>>
>>1343132
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
>>
>>1343132
You've never traveled around Mexico.

I've been all over Asia, Africa, and Latin America, and the worst bad-juju was in Mexico. Lots of places you can cut the danger in the air with a knife; mostly in the North but there are seriously sketchy areas around Mexico City too, and extremely lawless areas in the South.
>>
>>1343147
>>1343141
I could produce photos like that from Chicago or any city in america.
Whats your point?
>>
>>1343135
1400 bucks would go a very long way in mexico but anywhere but Mexico City I would want a car.
You can get internet just about everywhere , I would check out Baja though as it is pretty safe and really fun. No huge cities though.
>>
File deleted.
>>1343153
You couldn't.

What's so fucked up about Mexico (and Central America) is that you have apparently psychologically normal people (judging by the numbers engaged; there aren't that many true psychopaths) engaging in the most barbaric acts of organized group violence. Elsewhere you only see that sort of thing where people are brainwashed by religion; see ISIS.

Sure, there's crime and violence elsewhere, but those are almost always lone crazies. Show me a case in the US or any other civilized country where you have MORE THAN ONE PERSON engaged together in acts of torture? AFAIK there was one unique case of Charles Ng and Leonard Lake murdering people together in the 80s, which was really the exception that proves the rule. But as 20 minutes on LiveLeak will prove to anyone, Mexicans murdering in groups isn't the 1:1000000000000 exception, but absolutely the rule. That's not simply the sign of a sick society and culture, but one that has failed so hard it should probably be exterminated.
>>
>>1343164
None of that has anything to do with tourists anon
Stop fucking spamming this thread with gore.
The number of tourists killed in mexico is not above average in any way.
>>
File: brain damage.jpg (52 KB, 600x604)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1343164
>Show me a case in the US or any other civilized country where you have MORE THAN ONE PERSON engaged together in acts of torture?
t-this is not what you genuinely believe right?
>>
>>1343164
Nice, LiveLeak is also my go-to academic source.
>>
Mexico in a week and a half!

Any cute hippie chicks want to come with me?
Will be living inna van onna beach
>>
>>1343135
Monterrey, Guadalajara, Puebla, Querétaro.
>>
>>1343164
>Show me a case in the US or any other civilized country where you have MORE THAN ONE PERSON engaged together in acts of torture?
Well, there were those niggers in Chicago who lured and tortured a mentally disabled white kid "because Trump!" But you did sort of exempt psychopaths, so there's that.
>>
Don't go to border towns and in between towns and your fine. I traveled a month through Mexico from Mexico city to Cozumel and I know no Spanish at all.
>>
In pueblos(towns) or ranchos(smaller towns) you can get a small coke and a bag of chips for like 15 pesos which is around 75 cents. There’s not much of those in the north as much as there is in mid Mexico and more south.
>>
>>1343426
I got a tostada last year that had so much mork and guac in it that one was a full meal.
It was 75 cents.
>>
What's Tijuana like? Generally real traveller (tm) about destinations but I'm really curious for Tijuana. Is it actually wild or just full of frat boys?
>>
>>1343614
Everything from frat boys to find dining
>>
>>1342765
Vidit Huatulco and fuck qt whores and creampie them
>>
>>1342771
We dont mess with stupid gringos. Son rependejos
>>
>>1343147
Fake pic?
>>
>>1343624
Barebacking hookers?
Are you mental?
>>
>>1343674
I have done several times. Better when you are a regular and dont charge u
>>
File: 20180103_183926.jpg (1.07 MB, 1440x1440)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>1343609
Here buying with soldiers carrying their guns
>>
>>1343626
LOL tell yourself whatever you have to to be able to sleep at night.
>>
>>1342765
Enjoy getting hep b from the thousands of homeless shitting everywhere
>>
>>1343889
t. never been to mexico
>>
>The drug violence has chased all the tourists away.
Over 30 million people visited Mexico last year, meaning its one of the most visited countries of the World.
>>
Hey guys,

I'm flying in to catch the Bon Iver show on Jan 28th. I've been to Mexico before so is there anything you recommend this time around? I've spent quite a bit of time in the country. I'm really just in DF and Puerto Escondido visiting friends but can go anywhere. I've been almsot everywhere south of Mexico city and don't really care to see the north as I'd rather spend that money in the next leg of my trip in South America...but I can be swayed by you guys since I'm already there.
>>
>>1344127
Go to Huatulco, fuck and impregnate local girls
>>
>>1344127
>Bon Iver
Not sure what to recommend for such a basic birch tbqhwya.
Maybe a Hard Rock Cafe?
>>
>>1344120
don't they all go to tourist enclaves like Cancun and Cabo San Lucas?
>>
>>1343164
I like you anon
>>
>>1344167
no. Mexico City is the most visited place.
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Destinos_de_M%C3%A9xico_m%C3%A1s_visitados
>>
>>1344163
Ehh. Delivery could've been better. Half my friends think they're overrated and the other half think they're amazing.
>>
>>1343233
Puebla is full of robbery, go to Queretarl's capital
>>
>>1344348
just go to baja , perfectly safe
>>
>>1344382
Buenos puteros baratos?
>>
File: 1515094056737.png (6 KB, 358x291)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Is it safe to drive from TJ down to Cabo? My friends said to never drive south of Ensenada but they never said why.
>>
>>1344528
South of ensenada is safer than North .
I prefer to cross at mexicali and go down 5.
La paz is better than cabo but the area around it is amazing
>>
Why do people on this board get so autistic about having an honest discussion about the safety of Mexico?
You guys act like any form of acknowledgement regarding the violence is some sort of racist attack on the Mexican people, it's ridiculous lol. Are you guys working within the Mexican tourism industry or something?

Mexico is a currently a dangerous fucking country. That's not to say that you should or shouldn't visit (that's a personal choice for OP). But why do you guys try so hard to shut down any conversation about the safety aspect of traveling there? I don't get it.
>>
>>1344556

>Mexico is a currently a dangerous fucking country.

But it's not dangerous for tourists.
All that shit is drug and gang related.
No one would call Chicago a dangerous city to visit.
Why say Mexico is?
>>
>>1344556
>Mexico is currently a dangerous country.

In places, yes. As would be almost any other country. And a discussion of where is and is not safe will go well here.

But you can expect to get laughed at here if you insist that the whole county is somehow wildly unsafe.
>>
Where are these places that you can pay 10$ a night for beach front hotels?
>>
Any hostel recommendations for Puerto Escondido?
>>
>>1343147
This is the city I was born in. It's so weird that after 20 years of being in this planet I have lived in 4 different countries and seen more of the world that most people ever will. beautiful but depressing
>>
>>1344474
Simona, mas que nada en Tijuana
>>
Is nobody going to mention that raunchy close up pic of his acne that OP posted?
>>
>>1344602
Gabriel traveler reviewed one a few years ago.
Probably even cheaper now with the peso down so much.
>>
felt more safe in Honduras than Mexico t b h

definitely want to ride through baja on motorcycle though
>>
>>1342770
>Very few 15 dollar hookers in California
sounds like a risk-free investment.
>>
>>1344556
>You guys act like any form of acknowledgement regarding the violence is some sort of racist attack on the Mexican people, it's ridiculous lol.
Welcome to SJWchan! If you are a first-time visitor, you can leave your brain and testicles in the garbage can over there ---->

Say nothing that would offend anyone! Ignore all the violence and scams and poverty in brown people countries, they are wonderful places filled with rainbows and unicorns! Remember that all problems in the world are created by the West, and more specifically by fucking white males! Enjoy your stay!
>>
>>1344716
as long as you are just a tourist, the odds of you being killed are so small its not worth considering.
If you are into drugs or banging hookers without paying then your odds start to go up
>>
File: 1514234871284.jpg (545 KB, 1155x852)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>1342766
>wanting to see Mexicans

hahahahahahahahahahhaha
>>
How much should I expect of a budget for living in, say, a city like Guanajuato if I found a room in an apartment and made my own food?

How's part time jobs? I got some money saved up, but I figure I want to go to South America when I'm done staying in Mexico.
>>
>>1344811
Working in mexico is a dumb idea.
>>
File: 21323345425.jpg (47 KB, 550x352)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1344577
>But it's not dangerous for tourists.
>All that shit is drug and gang related.
A local city council man from my hometown in southern CA was murdered in cold blood not two months ago and that's not even getting into the gang rapes in resorts TripAdvisor tried to cover up.

>No one would call Chicago a dangerous city to visit.
>Why say Mexico is?
Not even remotely comparable. Violence in Chicago is segregated entirely along racial lines in low income black neighborhoods in south side. Violence permeates every corner of Mexico to at least some extent.

>>1344591
>In places, yes. As would be almost any other country.
Any country lol? Really? What country do you live in that has comparable levels of violence to Mexico? Somewhere in Africa?
I live in rural-ish British Columbia and I'd wager that most people on this board are posting from other developed/safe Western nations.

>But you can expect to get laughed at here if you insist that the whole county is somehow wildly unsafe.
Mexico is unsafe compared to most places. That's a fact. For me the risk vs reward ratio of visiting my gf's family in Oaxaca is worth it, but it might not be to other people. That doesn't make them "pussies", people have a right to know what they are risking by traveling somewhere.

>>1344716
>Ignore all the violence and scams and poverty in brown people countries, they are wonderful places filled with rainbows and unicorns!

What I still don't understand about this board is why Mexico gets a free pass concerning violence, but people on here have no problem shitting on Colombia or Venezuela (and the people living there) due their perceived danger. Any criticism about Mexico as a travel destination and it's like fucking ADL levels of thought policing?

What gives?
>>
>>1344837
Alright, that's noted. I never was a smart person anyho'.
>>
>>1344838
>A local city council man from my hometown in southern CA was murdered
I am so glad you brought that up.
Did you read the latest news on that guy?
He was high on cocaine, hired a hooker, could not get an erection, slapped her around, refused to pay.
Yes , he got into trouble.
You have any more examples?
>>
>>1344847
>I am so glad you brought that up.
>Did you read the latest news on that guy?
>He was high on cocaine, hired a hooker, could not get an erection, slapped her around, refused to pay.
>Yes , he got into trouble.
>You have any more examples?

Literally not a single thing you said was true at all, just wow lol. Taking fake news to new levels. But regardless, I'm not here to convince anyone to go or not go to Mexico. That's up to the individual, maybe just do a quick google search about violence impacting tourists.
>>
>>1344859
Don't make provide a link you fake news cuck.
You are gonna feel pretty dumb if I do.
Is that what you want ?
>>
File: 1493951599091.jpg (110 KB, 588x602)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>1344861
>Don't make provide a link you fake news cuck.
>You are gonna feel pretty dumb if I do.
>Is that what you want ?

el oh el
>>
>>1344882
Laugha while you can, monkey-boy, he's busy creating the webpage now. It'll be on CNN any second.
>>
>>1344847
She was a regular. He looked for trouble. How the news reaxhed your shithole? Here its everyday news
>>
>>1344838
She died just this december dumbfuck after arguing with una puta
>>
>>1344804
Deja de censurar unos pinches muertos que ni valen verga
>>
>>1344838
Te has cogido a tu novia oaxaqueña sin condon? Te gustan las tlatudas, bro? Como la conociste? Oaxaca no es pinche Mataulipas pendejo
>>
>>1344811
Be the gringo english teacher. I will travel to Queretaro at end of January. Do u want to hang out irl?
>>
>>1344787
It is rare, but... shit happens.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/28/the-incredible-life-and-haunting-death-of-world-traveler-harry-devert/?utm_term=.cd570f28ef73
>>
>>1344902
Eso le paso por no pagar
>>
>>1344838
>For me the risk vs reward ratio of visiting my gf's family in Oaxaca is worth it, but it might not be to other people

Oaxaca?! WTF are you thinking, Oaxaca is incredibly safe.
>>
>>1344838
Danger levels:

Venezuela >>>>>> Colombia >> Mexico.

Mexico just isn't dangerous at all assuming you aren't there to create problems for the narco traffickers.

Colombia isn't awful either but it's easier to get into trouble in certain parts.

Venezuela is just fucked and not remotely safe for travel.
>>
>>1344913
Many parts of Mexico 'felt' way more dangerous than anywhere in Colombia when I was all over both last year. What parts of Colombia are supposed to be dangerous now?
>>
>>1344915
>felt
What does that even mean?
>>
>>1344912
That anon is a fag. Oaxaca is entry level. Prolevel is going to Reynosa or Cd. Vicyo
>>
>>1344915
>felt dangerous
Lmao dumb racist whitey, fuck you
>>
>>1344900
>Te has cogido a tu novia oaxaqueña sin condon?
We live together lol.

>Te gustan las tlatudas, bro?
Idk what that means? Is that a restaurant or a type of food? Her family cooks every meal.

>Como la conociste?
Fraternity party in college.

>Oaxaca no es pinche Mataulipas pendejo
K lol?
>>
>>1344915
U can not even go to buy toys
At Universal newspaper

asesinan-durante-asalto-en-coyoacan-periodista-de-el-universal
>>
>>1344941
Sorry, meant to say tlayudas. If she is from Oaxaca u should have a hint before Sherlock
>>
>>1343370
Lol that is in no way comparable to cartel torture and murder
>>
>>1344944
Does not matter because it is not done to touristas
>>
Yup, go out to eat at Cd. Juarez tomorrow :)
Maybe spend one night and go to the Antros by Santa Fe Bridge.

Barbacoa? Tamales? Pozole? or EVERYTHING??
>>
>>1344861
No, I guess not :(
>>
>>1343426
jesus fucking christ. When I was a kid I could buy a coke and chips for two fucking pesos
>>
>>1344896
>Here its everyday news
That's the problem, Mexicunt, it's "everyday news" in Mehico when random people get slaughtered.

It's not normal if you live in a civilized country. But you don't, so you think it's normal.
>>
my girlfriends family is from Coahuila. Im planning on driving down through it before coming back up to the border to visit. I've always just assumed that cities are generally safe if you haven't done anything but that the desert/countryside will swallow you up if you aren't careful. thoughts?
>>
>>1344847
>>1344896
Hey guys, it's ok the guy was just murdered because he tried to stiff a hooker while high on cocaine, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN A SAFE AREA!!!!

are you serious? lol
>>
>>1344904
Not paying what? No ransom was demanded.
>>
>>1345048
To be fair, graphic murder details and especially photos of crime scenes with butchered or shot-up bodies with pools of blood are just not the norm in the first-world Western press.

>>1345070
For the most part, nothing happens in the desert/countryside. But because it's remote and Mexican civil society is a shitshow full of corruption top to bottom, if 'bad hombres' want to do something, it's easy to do it where civil society is so weak.

Basicaly, stay away from drugs in Mexico mmmkay. You can buy a bit of pot on the beach or whatever, but don't go ferrying bricks of shitty Mexican weed or coke or whatever.
>>
>>1342766
D-D-DELETE T-THIS!

t. cali fag.
>>
>>1345103
Not paying money when they probably asked for it. Or his mighty attitude that he maybe had
>>
>>1345075
Do you think a baltimore pimp will let you slide if you dont want to pay hooker?
Are you nuts?
Stiffing hookers is suicide by pimp anywhere in the free world
>>
>>1345048
Dude, in USA everyday people kill peole
>>
>>1345155
>blaming the victim, a tourist who was diced up and dumped by cartel thugs
>>
>>1344838
Yeah, we Colombians get a lot of heat and hate even though our crime rate is 4 points lower than Brazil's. Changing our reputation is next to impossible even though we have made huge progress during the last decade
>>
>>1344915
>What parts of Colombia are supposed to be dangerous now
Easy, The south west close to the ecuadorian border, the northeast, close to the Venezuelan Border and the pacific coast due to having ports on the pacific ocean and what it implies. Funny enough, those areas are not even touristy, so that's why you didn't feel threatened at any time
>>
>>1345209
Look pal, maybe hebinsulted them. They dont kill u unless u do something
>>
File: donkey.jpg (91 KB, 604x548)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>1345244
Be thankful. It keeps out the trash.

>>1345269
K, can I quote you on that?
>>
>>1345356
tourists are not trash
>>
>>1345384
You missed my point. Some tourists still come to Colombia. Cool. Now imagine when the trash does show up? They exist m8.

Colombia won't become Disneyfied any time soon, but you'll start to get frat boys, sleazeballs, former Israeli soldiers doing gap years, and Chinese tour buses soon enough...

Enjoy what you've got man. It's still totally your own country.
>>
I've been to el salvador a couple of times. If you want to go to places like central or south america. Countries with large crime capitals its best you just follow simple rules.
1. Dont go out after dark
2.Dont go out after dark buying drugs (find someone trustworthy)
3. Don't get drunk and high and go out after dark
4. stay near semi-touristy cities or towns with active police presence
>>
>>1345388
>frat boys
check
>sleazeballs
check
>Israeli soldiers doing gap years
check
>Chinese
check

You keep underestimating how popuar this shithole has become recently
>>
>>1344901
Depends on how long you’re intending to stay. Going there in April.
>>
>>1345533
>>1344901
>>
Oaxacan must-dos?

Can't wait to do some mushrooms there, honestly.
>>
>>1345642
Where you gonna get them?
I would not try smuggling drugs into mexico if I were you anon and I dont think they are used much there.
Mushrooms are a hippy drug and not much money in them so they are hard to find.
You better stick with cocainum
>>
>>1345533
Well, keep in touch with me. I can present u to some qt queretanas.
>>
>>1345642
Eat tlayudas, iguanas soup and tamales along its boiled eggs. Visit Huatulco, Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca City and Juchitan
>>
>>1344838
You're totally right, but Mexicans on trv hate to admit it.
>>
>>1345805
I admit that this olace is a shithole failed state
>>
File: DS-xZYyU0AAMlCN.jpg-large.jpg (457 KB, 2048x1536)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>1345805
Cristalazis everyday in Puebla
>>
>>1344859
from your own paper
>Several hours before he was shot, Bradley had been drinking at an establishment known as “4020”, according to investigators. There, “he contracted the services” of a woman who goes by the names Africa and Keila, the statement said. Bradley and the woman left for an adjacent hotel where “they apparently had a dispute,” the statement said.
>>
So all you pro-mexico people where do you recommend visiting? Looking for cheap booze, cheap hotels, cheap women, and some fishing would be nice.
>>
>>1345851
Oaxaca Oaxaca city is cheap safe and plenty of good looking women
>>
File: ensenada.jpg (168 KB, 680x380)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>1345855
>cheap safe and plenty of good looking women
got literally everything wrong.
If OP or anyone interested is still here, go visit Ensenada.
It's like poor man's italy, safer than any big cities and southern states, comfy weather, nice people, good cheese, wine and other pretentious shit in Valle de Guadalupe. oh and if you like parties and nightlife downtown is filled with normalfag bars and clubs.
Best thing is that it's only a couple hours from the border,
don't fall for the southern meme, the north is where it's at
>>
>>1345642
>>1345671
Go to palenque for mushrooms
>>
File: 12556406798541.jpg (7 KB, 160x159)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1345874
>Ensenada
b--but /trv/ says the north is filled with cartel violence, and south is the safest part
>>
>>1346054
It depends of zone and who are you and how stupid are you
>>
>>1345855
Oaxaca is cheap but hot sexy women are rare
>>
exchange dollars to peso in the airport or where best?
>>
>>1346180
ATM
if you want some sooner then ask your bank before your trip. give them a weeks notice
>>
>>1346054
thats northern mainland not northern baja
>>
>>1346180
Shitty exhange rate, by changing US Dollars to Pesos you earn 2 pesos less
>>
File: 1502863750998.png (2.16 MB, 1164x1094)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>1346194
Can your U.S. bank do that for all foreign currencies?
>>
>>1346232
no idea
only done euros and pesos
>>
>>1346180
Pay everything with card
>>
>>1346168
But yoo can fuck my seester for fifty pesos, gringo!
>>
>>1343752
Soldiers carry their guns to be ostentatious. Guns are 99% illegal for citizens so soldiers like to brag.
>>
>>1344528
>is it safe?

Yeah, it's a touristic resort area but I never take any chances. Only drive during the day lol
>>
>>1346054
Baja is nice.
Some of Sonora too.
Chihuahua is a little too dangerous for me.
I have no idea about coahuila, its new mexico V2 i guess.
Nuevo leon is allright as long as you stay in the good parts.
Tamaulipas is Cancer, don't even bother visiting it
Sinaloa is AIDS and is a cartel-state by now.
>>
>>1346356
They were patrolling in Veracruz's north
>>
>>1342770
Dude if ur gonna vacation actually spend the money .....ur gonna die in the turd world being exposed to disease n violence.
U want cheap sex germany. 100 euros all u can fuvk n eat till sunrise
>>
>>1343750
Dude do that in germanys brothels.....rawdogging turd worlders shiet u degenerate
>>
>>1345792
I will, anon. Somehow.
>>
>>1346374
terrible advice
third world travel is a blast
>>
>>1346374
Banging whores and girls (that are not whores but allow to insert bemis) is great. Germany is too far away is so much expensive than Mexiland
>>
>>1346434
Hire them from Zona Divas
>>
>>1346613
Have u fucked Shaila from Colombia? Best girl to fuck in Queretaro?
>>
>>1346613
>Zona Divas
that is dodgey
>>
>>1346825
Why? I have purchased there and I am still alive. I fucked Shaila linda negrita yummy
>>
>>1343164
everything youre seeing on liveleak is one cartel doing fucked up shit to members of another cartel or respectively someone else in the drug trade. Why would any of them waste time, energy, bullets on someone who could have just been a potential customer anyways?
>>
>>1346933
Shit can happen anywhere. Be 14 yo girl raped in broadlight in Tuxpan, Mexico and her brother shot dead for try to protect her. Violated with the corpse right next to her by 3 guys. Search at Noreste nwspaper
>>
>>1346825
Why? Prostitution is legal in Mexico
>>
>>1346365
Yes. Finally Puebla is added as shithole by USA advice travel warnings. Puebla is shit and full of crime
>>
is mazatlan pretty safe
>>
>>1346992
Return of the death penalty, when? All this trash should just be hanged already.
>>
>>1347407
Here is the link

Noreste punto net slash noticia slash
lo-ejecutan-mientras-su-hermana-era-violada-en-tuxpan
>>
>>1346933
They kill and rape villagers too, and tourists, and anyone else they want to kill and rape. The cartel psychopaths are psychopaths, you think they bother to rationalize whether you might be a "potential customer" or not?
>>
>>1347215
Yeah, US State Department just issued a "war zone, don't go there you stupid fuck" travel advisory for five Mexican provinces.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html
>>
>>1347551
Oh look, none of them are along the border. But didn't someone in this thread assure us that all the violence is in border areas because of drug trade?
>>
>>1347554
Violence is evweywhere
>>
File: 130543a.jpg (26 KB, 305x225)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1347554
The goverment should issue a warning that your a faggot
>>
>>1347762
I'm not gay. It's not gay when it's interspecies.
>>
>>1348064
Do you fuck donkey in the ass?
>>
>>1347554
Well Naked Cowboy is in Mexico City and alive
>>
>>1343012
>That's not true. Mexico is one of the ten countries in the world with more tourist:

you know that mexicans crossing back to mexico to visit relatives counts as tourism right?

there are tourist spots in mexico, but there are NO tourists in mexico city. there aren't even hostels in mexico city.
>>
>>1344120
>Over 30 million people visited Mexico last yea

those are Mexicans in the US going back to mexico to visit their relatives. it all counts as tourism
>>
>>1348300
no its mostly whites going to beach resorts
>>
>>1347551
Yes, they killed another spanish citizen during a robbery in Puebla (search at El Universal newspaper)
>>
>>1342765
Definatly taking advantage. Going to a small town called Las Ayala, its about 45 mins north of PV for a two week trip. Got the flights and hotel all for about $1400 CAD. D-did I do good?
>>
>>1348682
damn thats less than 800 USD.
yes you did good!
>>
>>1348682
Post ñics back Jerome
>>
Does anyone have any info on the fishing in Baja? I'm looking at a year or so of beach living in relative seclusion. I usually spear fish but I'm interested in the shellfish in the sea of Cortez. Is Baja safe for a solo guy? If I'm only buying booze and catching most of what I eat how much would a month of bum life cost?
>>
File: sunglasses.gif (500 KB, 500x273)
500 KB
500 KB GIF
>>1348837
bump for shared interest, I would also like to live this bum life
>>
>>1348837
I did this last year
I dont think its legal for americans to harvest clambs or lobsters but no one cares.
The fishing is much better in summer but you can still do ok in winter in most places.
Will you tent camp?
Do you have a car or van or 4x4 truck?
Motorcycle?
Beer is about 50 cents each.
Perfectly safe all over baja
Food costs are 70 percent what they would be in the states at walmart on most stuff. Some stuff is way cheap like fresh fruit and veg and some stuff is more expensive.
If you need a year of solitude there are not many places better than baja. You can find beaches in central baja where you wont see another person for weeks.
>>
>>1348299

1) Yeah, but that's a small contribution.

2) That's false. There are lots of tourists in Mexico City. There are even places where you find more tourists than locals. It's for example more visited than San Francisco or St. Petersburg:
https://blog.euromonitor.com/2015/01/top-100-city-destinations-ranking.html

Maybe there aren't too many hostels, but there a lot of hotels (you can verify this using GoogleMaps).
>>
>>1348930
Thank you for replying. I'm tuning up a small 4x4 SUV that can easily be converted into a camper but would prefer tenting if I find a good spot. How much more difficult is fishing in the winter? I wasn't aware there was lobster. Is there abalogne/mussels? Total solitude isn't necessary just want to be left alone for the most part. When I have done this sort of thing before I usually bring a girl. Is it feasible to meet a local down there or should I find a girl in the US?
>>
>>1348584

no it's actually mexicans going back to mexico. have you ever been to a border crossing???
>>
>>1348958
Yeah, I have. Every year 4 million mexicans come back to Mexico. Last year the number of international tourists visiting Mexico was about 35 million, so mexicans coming back are only around 11%.
>>
>>1348947
i met a few girls on tinder last year but its pretty rare. you need to speak spanish
>>
>>1348075
Other way around, dearie. And not a donkey, I do it doggystyle.
>>
File: almost unpleasant.jpg (16 KB, 384x390)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>1342765
I think I'd prefer to not be on the next bus to be hand delivered to the cartels by the local Federalis.

>>1342766
>Implying anyone ever WANTS to see Mexicans
>>
File: hgtrfvdc.jpg (11 KB, 480x320)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1344838
Chicago native here, this anon knows what he's talking about. The violence in Chicago is all low IQ dindus butchering low IQ dindus on the South side.
>>
>>1345624
>tumblr file image
>Reddit image macro

Fuck off and don't come back.
>>
File: 06-22.jpg (147 KB, 1000x501)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
Is the CHEPE train trip worthwhile or is it entertainment for boomers?
>barranca del cobra park looks fucking sick
>mountains around creel are apparently good to look at

Also I want to try psychadelics in oaxaca, probably shrooms in san jose del pacifio. Anyone done this or similar before?
>>
>>1349183
Fuck off mushroom gay dude. Last time we told you to avoid them. Besides, no mushroom illegal market. Cum i Oaxaca, visit Juchitan to get free and easy omeny from girls needing money and food afyer September eartquake.
>>
>>1349183
Lame tour is great for baby boomers
>>
>>1348967
Pics of them? I can get u girls from Zona Divas
>>
>>1349318
>I can get u girls
You a 4chinz pimp?
>>
>>1349327
Nope, but have their numbers. Fuck ebony Shaila from Colombia, nice conchita and ass
>>
>>1348964
>international tourists visiting Mexico was about 35 million,

and they are all mexicans who are US citizens.

there are not 35 million non-mexicans visitin mexico every year.
>>
>>1349327
>>
>>1349828
Absolute bollocks. US tourism arrivals represent 52% (most thru Cancun). Leafs are 20% Anglos 2%, Brazilians 2% etc etc.

Google is your friend.
>>
>>1350019
She update her profie wuth new pics after the quick visit to Qro. zonadivas punto com slash shaila dot html
>>
>>1349174
Unless you travel in Tamaulipas is rare in south of Mexishithole
>>
>>1348967
Tinder is lame in Mexico. Search for young slutty girls at street, schools, bar, antros, gym, etc
>>
File: 20180118_054852.jpg (882 KB, 1440x1440)
882 KB
882 KB JPG
>>1348299
Mexican illegal here coming back to USA
>>
>>1350019
Not Shaila, but Leone has good prices
>>
File: 20180118_090922.jpg (849 KB, 1440x1440)
849 KB
849 KB JPG
>>1349174
Just fly and take your time to complaint
>>
>>1350185
Horrible toilet status nrarby gate 75B
>>
File: 20180118_094707.jpg (612 KB, 1440x1440)
612 KB
612 KB JPG
>>1350210
Pic here
>>
>>1350103
link doesn't work

>>1350175
this is mucho difficult if you dont read spanish, if youre coming from the US prices aren't that great when you factor everything in. She wants 2000 pesos for 1 hour ~$110. I can get latina escorts for $180-200 in my area.
>>
>>1350295
Stil cheaper than USA
>>
>>1342770
>$50 beachside hotel in Mexico

Where do you find this?
>>
File: 1304376955948.png (21 KB, 700x700)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>1350354
yes but I don't need to take a plane ride or rent a hotel room to have sex with USA hookers, and then there's the added risk of being beheaded by the cartel
>>
>>1350068
>US tourism arrivals represent 52% (most thru Cancun)

https://www.caribjournal.com/2015/01/22/how-many-people-visit-cancun/#

cancun total tourist number is less than 5 million people. and that number includes mexican nationals. so actual number of foreign tourists even smaller than that. if that's where most of your american tourists are arriving, your numbers don't add up.
>>
>>1350387
>apples and pears
All that was said was that Cancun is the dominant arrivals airport for American tourists. Not gonna dig out the link for you.
>>
>>1350360
Many many places in baja
>>
>>1350404
Anything more near Yucatan? And which website are you using to find these?
>>
>>1350374
U wont be killed by a whore
>>
>>1350405
Go to jungle then
>>
>>1350405
No idea about the yuc. I hear its expensive. I do Baja because it is the wild west still with very few cities. Its not for soft people.
>>
>>1350405
>And which website are you using to find these?
No website , just showing up and asking for a room
>>
Gringo Floridafag. Been going to Mexico every year for 12 years, been going to El Salvador every year for 5. I took Spanish in High School but only my present and present progressive conjugations are passable; future and past is shaky. Junctive incompetent. Can follow gists, but details can and will escape me.

Been to Los Cabos, the coast between Puerto Vallarta and Lazaro Cardenas, and Colima, Morelia, and Guad towns in the Central Highlands.

I keep a low profile and I don't try to holler at any pretty Mexican girls. Most of the ones I'm galking at are 14, you can tell the 15 year olds in the small coastal towns because they have a baby in one hand and a caguama or familiar in the other. The other smattering I see are almost all taken in the small coast towns. I am way too unfashionable for women in a place like Guadalajara.

I stay/stick to the Centro Historico or similar neighborhoods in the cities, and do most of the exploratory walking during the day. If you are in the Centro Historico, Malecon, whatever zone, often there are families out until 9 to 10pm and it feels really safe. Any more walking is done during the afternoon or early evening, or even better, in the morning, when they're mostly all asleep (I am in the cities on weekend mornings).
>>
>>1350468

I don't go out at night other than to eat. Other travellers have gone out, dressed nice, in groups, to clubs in Lazaro Cardenas and been told to leave every one because women were paying attention to them. I don't rent cars. Buses/taxis. I do travel at night on Primera Plus or similar from city to city to get free air con hotel and cover ground without wasting waking daytime. Unless clothing is getting worn in a city, it almost all has small holes or old stains or something.

I buy weed in the coastal towns and with luck it's from someone I know. I have transported about an ounce once, and I'd share, but explicitly refuse to sell even $5 worth except to one gringo guy. I would totally go for shrooms in Mexico, but I am talking the Sierra/Volcanoes during the rainy season. Colima volcanoes are an epic place for them. I have just never been lucky and scored any. Like another anon, I just rock up for hotel rooms. Other than bigger ones in fancy parts of cities, I have never seen or heard tell of attempting remote communication to reserve <$40 beachfront stuff. Arrive in daylight and hope for the best. Avoid the coast during Semana Santa (the weeks around Easter).

If I was picking a tourist place on sale, due to violence, it might be Acapulco. I have never been, but expect they have nice facilities and whatnot, and from what I read/hear, there is definitely no shortage of violence there.

I would definitely consider San Miguel de Allende, Guad, Morelia, Guanajuato, and the other highland cities an American's budget alternative to Spain. It's a nice change from the South's (and the Mainland Mexican coast's) sweltering Summer, and there is good food, easy transportation, good accommodation, walkable zones, your old cathedrals...

Shit's chido.
>>
>>1350468
Any tips for Oaxaca? Juchitan? Huatulco? Puerto Escondido? Why do u visit Mexishit?
>>
File: 20180118_191255.jpg (722 KB, 1440x1440)
722 KB
722 KB JPG
>>1350477
Colima is shithole. Specially Tecoman and Manzanillo. Muerders everyday. Almost all taxistas work for crime groups.
>>
>>1350477
Any feedback for Queretaro's capital? Why did u mentioned Primera Plus and not also ADO?
>>
>>1350468
So, are you 40?
>>
>>1350477
Why not rent cars with Hertz?
>>
File: 20180118_192428.jpg (728 KB, 1440x1440)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
>>1350481
Fish and sides for 100 pesos
>>
>>1350478
Never been. I have heard Oaxaca city is a good visit with pleasant weather. Huatulco sounds like the newest touristy Pacific Coast resort, with good snorkel/dive/fish. Puerto Escondido, there are sort of two adjacent zones right there, Puerto Escondido where the boat harbor is, and Playa Zicatela, aka the "Mexican Pipeline". I visit Mexico to go surfing, typically near Tecoman and Caleta de Campos. and I kill the last day or two in/on way back to Guadalajara typically.
>>1350481
I have spent a ton of time in Tecoman, or the beach near there. I only really hang out at the beach or in the small zone within a mile or so of the bus station, but go there to buy stuff, have lunch, walk around...catch bus to Colima for the afternoon. I only went at night once, with a family to a restaurant they prefer for jueves pozoles. It pwn3d.
Manzanillo seems like you could get into trouble but I've only been to the South end of the bay by the older stuff. I liked it.
>>1350484
Never been, but like Uruapan, Patzcuaro, most of the highlands I've heard good things from locals and other travellers. Primera Plus is the most available first class carrier in the places I go. ADO looks like Eastern Mexico.
>>1350485
37 now, was 23 first time.
>>
>>1350495
So probably locals have an eye in you cause u return every year to Tecoman. Can I imagine like hippie gringo dirty and smelly? Feria Del Limon vale la pena?
>>
>>1350495
U should come to Oaxaca. Visit at least Tule and Monte Alban
>>
File: DSCN2029[1].jpg (3.34 MB, 4608x3456)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB JPG
>>1350492
"Free car with use of delivery ATM"

No need, costs money, Mexico's bus system rules, and it seems like it would make you more of a target. Boom, no "well I got pulled over, and..." stories.
>>
>>1350499

Basically nobody in Tecoman town knows me. Maybe one or two restaurant or internet cafe people gets deja vu if I go there. More people at the beach recognize me.

I will wear shirts for two days. They'll be sweaty. It's as hot as Florida. I do shower, shave, wear deodorant and have a cop/high school gym coach haircut. I look poor but I don't smell poor.
>>
>>1350499
>Feria Del Limon vale la pena?

No conozco Feria Del Limon pero unas tiendas cerca del Central, usualmente hay platanos perfectos, y si hay mangos, o mangos de miel, listos, son delicioso.
>>
>>1350518
Its the local fair in Tecoman.
>>
>>1350503
From Vips? Which restaurant, mate?
>>
>>1350511
Internet cafes are pretty rare now. Do you use Whatsapp here?
>>
>>1350503
Nice. What credit card gives u that cool benefit? I was in Lakeland and Apopka 4 years ago?
>>
>>1350535
I forget, but it's across Allende from the Cathedral/Central Park in Morelia.
>>1350538
I leave my phone in my car at whatever airport in Florida and I don't get one in Mexico.
>>
>>1350546
Well Floridabro, nice to see that you enjoy Mexico. So for sure you are like a modern vagabond with no planning ahead. Do u getvstares from TSA and CBP guys returning to USA? Biggest culture schock here in this country?
>>
>>1350545

I was making a joke.
Instead of just taking my cash (delivery ATM) they would just order me out, have me empty my pockets, and drive off with the whole contraption (Free car).

Glad to hear you've been to Florida. I think Central/North Florida is one of the best places for eye candy gringas.
>>
>>1350551
I see. Didnt get the joke. Its a good advice to distribute money in wallet, jeans, socks and other places. I traveled due to previous's job activities and like very much Hertz's quality in USA in Orlando Airport. HERTZ in Mexico is beyond salgation and is epic shit. I tool some nice floridian pussy (mostly latinas born in USA)
>>
>>1350549
Thanks. In Florida airports, in the summertime, TSA/CBP is regularly seeing 20-50 year old males going/coming back from surfing in Nicaragua, El Salvador, and Mexico.

I don't know what the biggest culture shock would be. How many people in cities are into wearing black and looking goth/rocker? How late children under 6 years old stay up at night? Maybe the littering, and in beautiful Sierra Madre del Sur?
When loading luggage on/boarding buses, it always seems to be a "thing" to specifically skip me? Like if I'm at a certain point in the line, they'll ask a question of someone in front of me, and then that's their place. If I post up front the instant the bus shows, they form this random blob instead of a line. I mean it's no problem at all, just a bit odd.
Also now that my hairline looks late 30s, instead of just moving on when I say I have no girlfriend, now it's surprise that I have no wife/kids, and a sort of disbelieving why? Might be the same if I went to the US equivalent of rural Michoacan.
>>
File: 20180118_214955.jpg (535 KB, 1440x1440)
535 KB
535 KB JPG
>>1350560
People here are hardcore belivers that goal in lifenis to marry and pop kids. A week ago a ruskie tried to pass me by in the line of taxi's airport. I called him and hr acted offended. Those filthy russians are not educated. In Frankfurt airport they also tried to cut in tje line. Posting semi working AC. Good lord, people from Colima love to not fix things
>>
>>1350566

Ha, here's another Colima tip and probably a good one for any third world traveler in more budget-end rooms with non-central A/C, especially if you feel a sort of sinus-infectiony thing going on.

Check the A/C filter. At least at the beach in Colima, there is a fair bit of weed smoking going on in the room, the locals who smoke cigs commonly seem to do it in the rooms, and when I pulled the filter off last time I felt my sinuses getting irritated, it was completely covered in heavy black dust, much thicker than from May-September of bong rips on my window unit in humid coastal Florida. I showed it to some of the other people staying in adjacent rooms, and they recoiled, checked theirs, and found the same thing.

Also the $35/night beach rooms. You are not getting a non-travelling, upper middle class suburban white American girl anywhere near those. If she does trips to the third world that don't entirely involve all-inclusive resorts, is a festival hippie, etc. it will work.
>>
>>1350374
>I don't need to ... rent a hotel room to have sex with USA hookers
What, you fuck them at home? Or do you just have them blow you in your car?
>>
>>1350750
Tjey can fuck in the street and forests.
>>
>>1350750
Have u not ever got a BBBJ from hooker at the parking lpt eating Burger King?
>>
>>1350374
Truth cause u are a virgin
>>
>>1350374
Shy not kidnap a girl? Then rape and kill da bitch. Easy mode in Mexishit
>>
>>1349183
Better go to Puebla to enjoy all its shit
>>
File: DQ97sQnV4AA5fEv.jpg (71 KB, 585x1040)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>1350966
Shit shit
>>
File: DT2wDHYVAAAC37U.jpg (217 KB, 1200x900)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>1350962
>>
>>1350966
youtu dot be slash 8LRH3F526QY
>>
File: 20180119_175528.jpg (979 KB, 1440x1440)
979 KB
979 KB JPG
>>1350503
Hey Floridabro, eating this arrachera at only 120 pesos
>>
I may as well ask this here:

Is it better to go to all inclusive resorts, or not? And is it cheaper to book flight+hotel together, or should I book them separately?
>>
>>1351005
A resort its not real experience. It just pampered wall fenced hotel with things to do. So, fuck u if you want to waste your money and time in fake experience in Mexico.
>>
>>1351005
>I may as well ask this here:
>Is it better to go to all inclusive resorts, or not?
Sometimes you find the vacation you need doesn't include playing with money or planning your next meal idea, or having the kids get dressed and leave the pool they are having so much fun in just to satisfy hunger and not dine at the expensive hotel another night. Sometimes you actually do save money, but not usually. It's about the hassle, especially when you plan to not have any kind of schedule, or multiple family in the room all needing a card either tied to your credit card or all prepaid.
> And is it cheaper to book flight+hotel together, or should I book them separately?
Last minute travel can have more expensive airfare as seats are booked and the remaining seats are the higher fare code. The package building companies blocked out/paid for cheap seats earlier in the year and they can pass the savings onto you for last minute. So, yes, packages are worth at least pricing out, esp during peak travel months. Otherwise, you just try to see what you it will cost you to be at a property, dine, and fly yourself, vs the all-inclusive. Mostly people pick properties for the amenities/preferred location, and a lot of the time, the newness/age of the property where nothing is rundown yet, the bathrooms are new, and the mattresses aren't worn out.

>>1351022
You're full of shit, RealTraveler. There's no reason to think someone is having a fake experience if they decide to eat their salsa and drink their beer while at a 4star, give me a break. The larger the property, the larger the pool, and often the better the view, the more staff etc. I personally like boutique hotels, and to dine at the top historic places in town, but I don't begrudge anyone who just worked for 45 days straight from having a vacation where they don't leave their lounge chair and have any demands on them. If that's a Mexican beach, then they're having a Mexican experience.
>>
>>1351027
Thanks. I was thinking about renting an Airbnb in Tulum, but I'm not sure if the beaches are nice there.
>>
>>1351027
Are u just winning about just working 45 day in a row? A lot of people work more than you
>>
>>1351041
No one works more then me
>>
I'm flying out to Merida tomorrow. Do you have a good estimate on how much money I need per week? I don't have to pay for lodging... Is 100 bucks per week realistic?
>>
>>1351246
Mate, take that each meal a day will be 100 pesos. Then in a day 3 meal are 300. Then you will need 2100 pesos for 7 days. 100 dolaroos are in the edge. Unless you want to spend little money in your food.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.