[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: shutterstock_279572969.jpg (565 KB, 1500x1001)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
I need help /trv/. I'm an American got kicked out of the house at 18 for being gay. I don't know where in the US to go and I was thinking that if I was going to start anew I would go someplace I've always wanted to go. If I stayed in a European country on a travel visa, for example let's use Norway. How easy/difficult would it be to either get a work permit or live illegally and get a job under the table and have a place for awhile?
>>
>>1343458
This is easily googlable, work in a bar maybe. Try a gay bar in berlin (all)
>>
>>1343458
That's a pipe dream dude. Just move to the west coast like all the other flamers.
>>
>>1343458
You don't have any skills and qualifications, so who in the right mind would employ you? Especially when they would need to go through the trouble of getting you a work permit? And when they need to prove that there is no applicant FROM THE ENTIRE EU available?

At least the law makes it a bit easier for you as a Burger. If the universe aligns for you and you get a job, you don't need to go back home to apply for a work visa and can just convert your visa free entry stamp into one locally.
>>
>>1343473
Wanna further elaborate on that last part?
>>
>>1343474
I can't really, working laws are different across different countries of the EU, the only thing that's universal is the preference for EU citizens as employees.
I'm the most familiar with the situation in Germany.
https://www.voelker-gruppe.com/arbeitsrecht/infos/international/
>Privileged are citizens of USA, Canada, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea in that they can apply for their residence permit after entering the country. They are allowed to work only after receiving the residence permit.
The requirements for this permit are usually health insurance, a registered address in Germany and a proof that you can cover the cost of living in your area. Note that this even allows you to freelance, as long as you can prove that you make enough €€€. They're looking for 1000€+ per month.
As for EU worker preference, if you use a signed job contract to apply, it's up to the foreigner office where you apply to check if there was no EU applicant available for this position. Some might check rigorously, others not at all. Racial discrimination is in full effect here: The whiter you are and the more German you speak, the less checks you can expect.
>>
His qualification is that he's gay and an American, so he thinks he is owed his destiny.

You're basically a child right now. Best advice I can give you is to make some money, move across the coast, make sure you aren't picked on by gay predators (they're powerful people and can probably set you on to a good future, or they'll pump and dump you), and figure out college
>>
>>1343487
>make sure you aren't picked on by gay predators (they're powerful people and can probably set you on to a good future, or they'll pump and dump you)

that's an oddly specific piece of advice in an otherwise vague post. something you need to tell us?
>>
>>1343458
>I'll just go to Norway on a travel visa and get a work permit
dude, jesus christ I know you're 18 but...
>>
>>1343509
It was with the implication that I might have to be there illegally for awhile
>>
>>1343458
>I'm an American got kicked out of the house at 18 for being gay. I don't know where in the US to go
San Francisco or Philadelphia or the military.
>How easy/difficult would it be to either get a work permit or live illegally and get a job under the table and have a place for awhile?
You need skills and an employer who wants you to get a work permit. You can live illegally but good luck finding an under-the-table job. So basically your only other choice is to whore yourself out to other men. Stay in America and get yourself sorted out first.
>>1343509
>Trump won oh noes! That's alright I'll just move to Canada/Sweden!
>>
>>1343524
The military is a good idea anon was seriously looking at joining the navy.
>>
>>1343458
Sounds like a bad idea. Get a job, save up some money and travel instead.
>>
>>1343458
Just kill yourself for being a faggot, faggot.
>>
File: 1511992589970.jpg (74 KB, 599x563)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>1343458
navy is your best bet gives you time to grow up while making money stable place to live and you can travel
>>
>Norway

You could live in Svalbard if you found a job in a mine there and stay indefinitely.
>>
>>1343501

Gay men are into pederasty. I'm trying to protect a dumb kid
>>
>>1343458
If you can't get a job in the US there is no way you'll get a job under the table in Europe. How is this hard to understand for people.
>>
>>1343603

>Navy

This. I did five years as a Hospital Corpsman and managed not only to travel and see some interesting parts of the world, but I saved up enough money to put a down payment on a condo and buy my own car outright.

Now I'm out and I don't regret a thing.
>>
>>1343619
HAHAHAHHAHA

dude's gay, he's not going to become a coal miner on Svalbard HAHAHAHAHA

join the fucking navy, shit is gay as fuck.

t. pacifist
>>
>>1343667
I'm just saying that this is a possible option since all citizens of signatory states of the Svalbard treaty have the right to live there if they can support themselves.
>>
>>1343667
Dam kid don't cut yourself with those edges. most of us here are adults if you want to act like a kid that's what/b/ is for
>>
>>1343796
He's not wrong though. This thread is retarded.

>kicked out of the house at 18
YOU ARE AN ADULT NOW, WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.

Join the military, go to trade school, etc. Your life will be harder than kids whose parents pay their way, but you are hardly in a refugee status to be looking at different countries ffs lol. Get real.
>>
File: 68.jpg (27 KB, 360x361)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>claiming to be gay on 4chan
>going to the most expensive and highly regulated country on earth
>>
Claim that you are Mexican and you will be given free lodging and money. Or you could say you are from Iraq and fled because you were persecuted for being gay. Easy in the US.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1343633
>got kicked out of the house at 18
>>
>>1343521
You do realize that on the off chance you manage to find a job with no knowledge of Norwegian, and with the English of a HS student, you will be immediately kicked out and banned as soon as they realize you overstayed your tourist visa.
>>
Why the FUCK aren't you joining the merchant marines? I'm certain they have one in the US. Maybe start off in the navy and try to segue into the merchant marines from there? I don't know the exact process but it seems way, way cooler than the military.
>>
You can go to either Australia or New Zealand on a year-long working holiday visa. Both countries are very gay- friendly.
When your visa expires, hopefully you'll have a good job and contacts to help you get a proper work permit.
>>
>>1344149
how do you buy a plane ticket to the other side of the earth with no money?
>>
>>1343458
Assuming you’re fit, join the Foreign Legion.
>>
>>1344158
isn't that filled with niggers and stuff? he's American, he'd probably have much better prospects in his own military, and the ability to go to college if we don't end up going to war with like Iran or Venezuela or North Korea or any other boogeyman of the week.
>>
>>1344154
You could always find a boat on findacrew to sail with for free. Lots of Skippers doing Atlantic crossings and such
>>
>>1344161
>isn't that filled with niggers and stuff

pol go home

Everyone in the foreign legion is very well drilled and anyone acting like a thug or retard will have it beaten out of them asap.
>>
>>1344119
lel. That ship has sailed, honey. There's barely any American "merchant marine" left since at least the 1960s. One of my uncles was a purser on board a freighter for a few decades, from after he got out of the military in WW2 until maybe the 1990s.

To even get in it nowadays you have to go through a training program and get your license. Then you're mostly doing deck crew stuff on barges dragging coal up and down the Mississippi or moving heavy equipment around near the coast. All the international work is now being done by Filipinos and Africans and Pakistanis, because they subsist on rice and work for a couple of dollars a day and are willing to put up with fucking near anything to get it. The U.S. has something like half a dozen of its own merchant shipping vessels, and they mostly do charity runs -- see the movie "Captain Phillips", IIRC that ship was running food aid to somewhere in Africa when it was hijacked.
>>
>>1344149
Can Amerifats get a WHV to Australia? I thought it wasn't possible because no reciprocity (the U.S. doesn't have a WHV scheme).

>>1344154
Lube up your anus, hon. If you're young and cute you can charge $50 a trick.
>>
>>1344730
>Can Amerifats get a WHV to Australia?
Yes. It's harder and it's a different class of visa compared to the European one, though. Not sure if it's extendable, for instance.
>>
>>1343487

He’s only a child due to his mentality, not his age. I have been supporting myself since I was 17. I walked away from my family because they are awful people and my life has always been better without them in it compared to when they were in it.

OP get your fucking shit together. You don’t just move to a different country because your parents threw you out. Find a job and rent an apartment, get some kind of fucking degree that will let you make more than minimum wage. You’re worthless in your own country, why the fuck would anyone else want you? You can still be gay, but you need to stop being a faggot...
>>
>>1344765
>OP get your fucking shit together. You don’t just move to a different country because your parents threw you out.
But other countries are magical places with free everything!
>>
File: 1498542469757.jpg (94 KB, 1190x595)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>1343458
The magic words you're looking for are "working holiday", perfect opportunity for kids your age.

Google will guide you if you look it up,
>>
>>1344149
Pretty sure Americans don't have working holiday options here in Aus

We're full.
>>
>>1344728
>The U.S. has something like half a dozen of its own merchant shipping vessels, and they mostly do charity runs
Basic googling shows that to be completely untrue.
Y'all have the Jones Act making it illegal to ship goods between American ports (including everything from Alaska to Puerto Rico) on anything but American-owned, American-built and American-crewed ships.
>>
>>1345921
Yeah, who wants to work in the Australian heat, surrounded by murderous creatures, underpaid by a wide margin, surrounded by loud racist ex-convicts.

NZ is better in every way.
>>
>>1343458
Why can't you learn to be celibate like every other good gay man?
>>
>>1343458
bro let me tell you something. I have seen a lot kinds of lives, but the most free life is Amsterdam. Im that kind of guy that hates faggots etc, you know the mindset. But in Amsterdam, everything fades away, if i were to get fucked in the ass, i wouldnt even mind
>>
>>1345926
Did you even fucking read what I wrote? Here, you mongoloid:

>Then you're mostly doing deck crew stuff on barges dragging coal up and down the Mississippi or moving heavy equipment around near the coast. All the international work is now being done by Filipinos and Africans and Pakistanis,
>>
>>1343527
and you'll get fucked in the ass because its the navy
>>
>>1344730
You can extend, but you have to do something like 3 months solid, or 90 days of farm work (or work deemed to benefit the country). Then you can get a second year.

In Australia I put up pallet racking for $25 an hour in Sydney. Rent was expensive, but at $25 an hour I had plenty of money to burn.
>>
>>1343458

OK if you want to go abroad and are broke, what you do is volunteer in a hostel. All the hostels do this. They have volunteers who stay there for free in exchange for manning the front desk or doing other chores. Sometimes they even get paid. This doesn't give you a visa but it'll give you a roof over your head.
>>
Deep south

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.