[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

New York Vs London

I've never been to any of these places and know basically nothing about them, but I have the opportunity to go to one of them to spend one month by myself. I've never been to North America but I've traveled around Europe before.

What would you suggest /trv/?
>>
>>1361963
you really cant go wrong... but if you are have never been to the states NYC more. i think i think it covers more kinds of people and styles than london. its got the highest of the highs and the grittiness of the gritty and everything in between. the public transit covers more ground. food is better (overall; The Tiroler Hut in london will always have a special place in my heart).
>>
Being sentenced to a month of British food sounds pretty terrible. That said, New York really is yuppie Disneyland so be prepared for it.
>>
>>1361983
London is as good as 99% of cities in the world for food. There's only 5 cities with more Michelin Stars.

Depends on the season and what you're into, where you're from I guess.
>>
>>1361983

>london
>british food
>>
File: 61YRHEOHd5L._SX355_.jpg (26 KB, 355x301)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>
>>1361974
>>1361983
Recommend some places to visit in New York.
Just shoot, anything will do.

I'm from Brazil so not afraid of the ghetto either.
>>
>>1361984
>There's only 5 cities with more Michelin Stars.
Implying Michelin means anything relevant to comparing cities or restaurants. It's garbage, and all chefs know it means nothing. In years past, it was different of course.

>>1362079
>Recommend some places to visit in New York.
>Just shoot, anything will do.
Gotta for sure hit up K-town (Korea town), and eat at the New Wonjo, getting a bibimap bowl, and around the block, dine at the Chicken Turntable Jazz restaurant. Be sure to fill up your luggage home with yummy asian goodies from the market, like japanese lychee gummis or milktea honeydew chews.

I don't think you'll find a ghetto in Manhattan, or much sketchy anywhere, it's all the high rent district.
>>
>>1362105
Thanks, those seem like fun activities.

Anything else I shouldn't miss?
When I spoke about the ghetto I was just brainfarting, really, but now that you mentioned it, is there anything worth seeing in Bronx, Queens and places like that (see that's what I think of as Ghetto I don't even know if they are?)
>>
>>1362105
I forgot to ask, what mode of transportation would you recommend? I've seen some people here saying you should stay away from the subways.
>>
>>1362079
what are your hobbies?

>>1362189
if you are not a dumbass and understand how express trains work take the subway for longer travels. uber black or lyft premier for short hits.
>>
>>1362296
>what are your hobbies?

I'm mostly a shut in who listens to black metal.
But I lift, so I guess I could shop for some /fit/ accessories. I also like baseball and play games every now and then.

I'm interested in history too, mostly war stuff.
>>
>>1362373
as far as history and war go....
The Met, Fraunces Tavern (read the history before you walk in), and you can take a free tour of the grand freemason lodge if you email ahead.

i think its more punk than metal but Arleneā€™s Grocery has had some pretty rad live music.
>>
>>1362400
Googled those, seem like nice suggestions.
Thanks for helping out bro!
>>
>>1361984
>Depends on the season and what you're into, where you're from I guess.

This. Maybe give us something to work with to help you think about what YOU would like. What are you into? How old are you? What kind of budget do you have?
>>
>>1361963
one is full of jews and the other full of muslims
>>
File: 1517480744722.png (28 KB, 936x772)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>1362105
>dude london sucks new york is so much better
>"what can i do there"
>heres a list of chink shit
>>
>>1361983
There's more to New York than Midtown Manhattan.
>>1362105
Manhattan does have some ghetto areas but it's really just chunks of Harlem. And they're not really that bad anymore.
>>
>>1361963
Both are basically the same city but new Yorkers are more insufferable than Londoners.
>>
>>1362983
>but new Yorkers are more insufferable than Londoners.

how so anon?

>>1362487
>What are you into? How old are you? What kind of budget do you have?

28 years old, male, single, metalhead, war history buff, budget can be adjusted I have a fairly high income.
>>
After finally visiting London last year I would recommend NY. For me it's just a more interesting place where you are more likely to have a better time. Also the UK weather is pretty gloomy.
>>
Londons food is perfectly fine btw. Plenty good gourmet chain type cafes/restaurants etc.. Basically British home cooking can often be incredibly bland so UK food overall gets a bad rep/ but you can get good food in London. not just in fancy restaurants.
>>
>>1364623
Isn't there a lot of good Indian food in London?
>>
>>1361963

NYC, just because London doesn't even really feel """English""" anymore. NYC has a metric shit ton of things to do and see, whether it's day or night.
>>
>>1364723
lots of indian, pakistani, arab food. think about it they're the majority of the population there now.
>>
>>1363134
Usual American retardation and arrogance without the excuse of living in the Midwest.
>>
>>1364829
lol not even close to a plurality let alone a majority fuck off to /pol/
>>
Love London - but an entire month? One week in a large city is enough for me. I'd check out NY - actually I am as well in a couple of weeks. Will monitor this thread - would love to hear more unknown/obscure/local things to check out (bars, restaurant, happenings etc) during easter
>>
>>1364875
this anon bring up a good point. NY has more jump off points than london. you can take a train or a short flight to DC, Boston, Richmond, Philly (all cool cities to spend a few days) if you go in summer you can also hit fire island, marthas vineyard, or block island.
>>
>>1364892
And London doesn't? You're a short flight or a train ride from all of Europe.
>>
>>1364896
>I've never been to North America but I've traveled around Europe before.
>>
>>1364902
There's more to see in Europe and stuff is easier to see.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.