[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: download.png (3 KB, 268x188)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
Any advice? I want to avoid shitholes, but I also don't want to stick to some cheesy tourist area. I'm mainly looking to immerse myself in the language so I can learn it.
>>
>>1362055
>I want to avoid shitholes
>Brazil

bro..
>>
>>1362055
Any college city in Minas Gerais. Prepare your liver.
>>
>>1362055
florianópolis, I suppose.
>>
>>1362055
Any medium size city in São Paulo, Parana, Santa Catarina or Rio Grande do Sul...Minas is ok but only below Belo Horizonte
>>
Brasilia is one of the best places to live, with low crime, almost no traffic jams and decent public services. Also, the people are considerably more educated than the brazilian average, which means more english speakers.

Downsides:
- poor nightlife
- no beaches

other upsides:

- the embassies are all here, if you need it
- The airport is a HUB, so you can easily catch flights to touristy cities on the weekends
- there are major language schools that double as cultural centers (Goethe Inst., Thomas Jefferson, Cultura Inglesa)
>>
>>1362423
>more english speakers
Seeing as OP wants to immerse himself in the local language, that seems more like a downside than an upside.
>>
>>1362424
It's good to have options
>>
You'll be very welcome here in Curitiba.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curitiba
>>
>>1362743
I mean it's comfortable, but it surely helps a big deal to learn a language when you are effectively forced to speak it everyday.
>>
>>1362836
Sometimes you can't take the risk or are just not in the mood
>>
I suggest small towns in the South, like Pato Branco or Lapa in Parana
>>
>>1362055
Rosetta Stone and Youtube.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.