[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Amsterdam.jpg (128 KB, 600x335)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
Going to Amsterdam this weekend. Meetups, /trv/ advice, recommended hostels/foods/sights

Im interested in architecture, any expat scene/bars, parks, art, probably gonna rent a bike and ride down the coast a little. And if anyone wants to meet up, I'm a USA expat living and studying in Germany. All advice welcome! Cheers
>>
just head to Rotterdam, seriously..
>>
>>1404567
i like jordaan area for walking and the park for biking. dont go crazy looking for stuff todo before you get there. its a walking city so just walk and find stuff. the less i plan in Amsterdam the more fun i have (for example i randomly did such an awesome escape room stoned off my which as totally unplanned and wicked fun. place was called Sherlocked) .
i took a boat tour with those damn boat guys. that was a blast. its byob.
>>
Smoke a joint and then bike around and explore the city. You really don't need much more planning than that. It's like a bike playground. Seriously the most fun I've had urban cycling. If you're not used to cycling this might be intimidating, as there are people on mopeds using the bike lane. But it all flows amazingly well.
>>
what are the best coffeeshops for tourists there?
unironically asking for a friend.
>>
>>1404629
>>1404637
is longboarding as accepted/functional as cycling in the city? thinking of bringing my board
>>
>>1404567
Bluelight district is trannys and gays
>>
>>1404663
Amsterdam cyclists have no time for bullshit.
>>
>>1404663
im biased because i think longboarding is never acceptable anywhere.. but just based on the amount of ceramic goods about-- it would be safer to to put some big low duro wheels on a 9.5 cruiser. make sure you are giving bikers the right of way on you.,
>>
I would leave the longboard at home. A bicycle is the quickest en easiest way to see Amsterdam. You are able to see everything worthwhile in one day while riding a bicycle.
>>
>>1404663
totally acceptable i see lots of people do it
>>
>>1404663
No, it's not.
>>
File: 1511416541505.jpg (631 KB, 1200x1600)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
Any good festivals happening in July in Amsterdam? I'm up for pop and electronic
>>
>>1404663
>>1404663
Absolutely not. Amsterdam is not made for longboards at all. This isn't NY with long and wide and flat streets.
Just don't, please. The city is not made for it and the locals will hate you. Just walk or rent a bike if you have a clue how to ride one.
>>
How about good hostels? anybody have experience with Wow-Amsterdam? it seems kinda cool, like an art community that rents out bunks.

Or best place to get a kroket?

And is the closest swimming in Zandvoort or is there somewhere in the bay worth taking a dip?
>>
>>1404663
I'm dutch. Don't do this. Bike Lanes are for bicycles.
>>
>>1404972
Awakenings (biggest techno/house festival in the world)
Rock Werchter in Belgium
We are Electric
Extrema Outdoor
Dour in Belgium
Woo Hah (best hip hop festival in Europe)
Vierdaagse Nijmegen (if you're in mid July in the Netherlands, definitely go to Nijmegen for a day during the vierdaagse)
Tomorrowland in Belgium

Too many others to mention
>>
>>1405019
For the sea, Zandvoort is the fastest beach. There is an artificial beach called blijburg aan zee
>>
>>1405019

Wow Amsterdam is located in an old 1960s building. I believe they offer cheap accommodation for students. They also offer some basic rooms for visitors. I don't know their prices but I think they are low compared to other offerings. It may be hard to find after your arrival in Amsterdam. You may want to use your phone's GPS navigation to find the place.
>>
>>1405032

Those aren't in or around Amsterdam
>>
>>1404663

No. Don't be such a stupid moron and just walk or ride a bike instead.
>>
>>1405019

Get a kroket either at the Dobben eetsalon or go to Holtkamp. Various cafes also offer Holtkamp kroketten, they're pretty much the best.
>>
>>1405019

There are some places in Amsterdam where you are allowed to swim in the river Amstel. For example the field near George Marina (near Amstel Station or Spaklerweg). There are other places as well.
>>
>>1405094
Festivals usually aren't, you need a large public space. A crammed medieval city isn't exactly that. These festivals are not more than 2 hours from Amsterdam, do I don't know what you're complaining about. Dekmantel and Awakenings are closest to Amsterdam.

My recommendation would be vierdaagse in Nijmegen if you want an urban festival.
>>
>>1406047
haha are you fucking retarded? there are literally a thousand festivals in Amsterdam and you couldnt even name a single one.
>>
>>1407225
I wouldn't call small gay buttfucking get-togethers festivals you ajax-loving shithead

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.