[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 73 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: potala-full-view.jpg (159 KB, 1000x667)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
So Ive decided to make another China General thread so that I could keep the topic on going.
Like always though feel free to discuss about things to do in China, such as like:
>Traveling
>Living in China
>Shops/Places
>Hotels Check-in
>Foods/Liesures
>Best Landscapes\Tours

And also please take the time to check out the old thread as well while it's still active on the board right here. >>1398366
>>
>>1411925
How much is it to buy a house in China?
>>
>>1411931
Well just go and check out this video right here then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofwK5Z9BrwM
>>
So will there be any problems if I bring any types of meat or poultry dishes into Canada from my trip to China I'm wondering?
>>
How easily can i pick up Chinese girls to fuck.

Without going to clubs.

Im white
>>
>>1412029
You can easily find quite a few of them at each restaurants or even at a local mall in the city.
>>
>>1412042
Can you really though?
>>
>>1411931
It happens though, right?
>>
Where can I go to and rent a vehicle at around in Shanghai?
>>
>>1412074
What do you mean, hmm?
>>
>>1412079
>>> "So" What do you even mean "right there now," hmm?
>>
>>1412082
>>> The cops are after me, please help!
Yeah right.
>>
Where can I find the cheapest deals of food worthy around Shanghai I wonder?
>>
>>1412106
>Sd card.
>>
>>1412219
That wasn't what I've meant to look for there actually.
>>
I'm going in the summer for two months to changsha. Gonna get that yellow pussy 60 times.
>>
What types of clothes should I bring, anyways?
>>
>>1412596
>yellow pussies
So like what does this even have anything to do with what I've just asked about on there now? ;(
>>
>>1412727
>K-9 Units.
>>
>>1411925
When are you going there OP? I'll be in Beijing/Shanghai in the first week of July.
>>
Why don't more people know about guanxi? I'm surprised anyone would actually go work in China without being familiar with it
>>
>>1412807
its a fucking meme if you're a foreigner you can get away with everything
>>
Traveling in Korea at the moment. Got a nasty burst blister on my toe from all the walking. Going to Beijing on Friday - will the water possibly infect my foot when I shower? Should I try to avoid getting it wet other than rinsing it with two water? I'm willing to tolerate the abuse my feet are taking for the rest of the trip - but I don't want to be limping or unable to walk very far because of it.
>>
>>1412843
>two water
wat
Bottled water
>>
I am travelling over to Suxzhou next month to teach English. I have my VPN, Dictionaries, a workbook and teaching instruction guides. This is however the first time I will be moving abroad so would like some clarity in terms of advice

>should I stay solo or with someone in my apartment?
>for someone traditionally introvert, where to start with Chinese speaking locally?
>as an ethnic chinese with no chinese (adopted) what are advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks in advance there!
>>
>>1413019
>What to pray?
>>
here is Chinese live in China,
>>
How far will £3000/$4000 get me for 2 and a half months in china?

I want to spend each week in a different city, and i don't like shared hostel rooms so im looking at the cheap hotels that take foreigners, 7 days inn and such.

Do i need more?
>>
>>1413062
Airbnb is also a good option.
$4000 should be a good amount to eat, party, and find places to sleep with. Beijing, Shanghai, and other tier one cities will be way more expensive than Xi'an, Chengdu, Qingdao.

Will you by buying gifts or just traveling?
>>
>>1412065
>>1412029
>white
Yes, being White in China makes it very easy to pick up a girl in or out of a club. Here are some classic, but still valid ways to pick up girls

>Be around a university
>Ask a student for directions to a coffee shop or Restaurant.
>Then ask that student if they would like to join you

>Go to a well tourist area
>Request for a personal female tour guide
>110% of these girls are DTF a white guy

Don't be offended if they laugh. They will laugh if you speak to them at first since they don't expect it. They are not laughing at you. Say simple phrases in Chinese and they will also make them laugh. Laugh them all the way into the bed.
>>
>>1413065
Travel, maybe take a few ladies out for lunch if you know what i mean.
>>
>>1413111
I know what you mean but I don't think you know what you mean, haha :)
>>
>>1413112
Ya, but it's still a lot pretty expensive though.
>>
Has anyone ever gone to Hong Kong/Macau/Guangzhou/Shenzhen/Zhuhai? I'm sure that many here have been over to just Hong Kong, but I'm only curious about the region more broadly. How much time would be needed to get something out of it?
>>
>>1413141
So, how much is it though?
>>
>>1413154
What, the whole costs of the trip? Depending on your price ranges of course. It's gotta be worth the money.
>>
>>1413141
You'll need at least a week desu and even that is no where near enough. I spent 6 days in HK, two of which I spent going across the border to Shenzhen and it was amazing but you need way more time to get your moneys worth. Accommodation is cheap in China if you know where to look and transport is cheap as well. If hong kong wasn't as expensive as Australia in terms of food etc I probably would have spent more time there.
>>
So is it even possible to drive a car and then get like a ferry over to hainan from Guangzhou?
>>
How do i go to Tibet?

I am trying to google it but its all just some political bullshit stuff s that's on there.
>>
>>1413696
You can fly over to Lhasa airport, right? And then you'll certainly arrive there that's for sure now.
>>
>>1413763
Oh nice, I didn't even know that a round-trip flight like this would be that cheap now. What site did you happened to look it up on though?

>>1413762
True, plus I've heard that there's filariasis and a few other diseases that's been discovered down there just recently ago.
>>
>>1413775
Ooops, wrong post thread over here. Sorry about that there!
>>
>>1413748
travel permit
>>
I was initially skeptical, but ended up loving Beijing. The Biblioteca Vasconcelos is cool as fuck. If you're there on a Saturday, then go to the punk flea market on the adjacent street. Also try the tarantula venom drink at the Tao Chi Bar for an interesting sensation. The bar itself is dope as hell too.
>>
>>1413895
How long have you've even traveled over there for like now?
>>
How clean are the roads over in China there?
So like, well are they a little bit messy nowadays?
>>
>>1411971
Man I fucking ass hate the ReCaptcha so much now, Anyways so is there by any chance like how I can get to Urumqi all the way from Guangzhou there now?
>>
>>1414290
They are pretty annoying if you'd asked me right there.
>>
So my flight is in 20 hours but now I'm coming down with a cold. What should I do to be less misrable along with my 10 days?
>>
File: utQMXi-O_400x400.jpg (39 KB, 400x400)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1414764
>>> west Vancouver sucks though!!!
>>
File: 1527509988275.jpg (22 KB, 346x450)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>1414813
Everyone please help, my uncle won't even come and immigrants to Canada from China, so please help me out over here!
>>
File: 1526134928689.png (272 KB, 291x396)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>1414819
His full real name is: Tong Liu, however though I call him as AJiu, but he just won't even come into Canada though, why?
>>
>>1414820
If your looking on 4Chan right now AJiu, then I've missed you there!
>>
>>1414824
Well, who the hell cares about your uncle there anyways?
>>
>>1414836
>>> Spider-Man Memes!
>>
>>1413141
Spent a week in Shenzhen and took a day trip to Macau. Saw practically everything in Shenzhen but only gambled for 5 hours in Macau.
>>
>>1414872
Favourite things to do in Shenzhen? Favourite neighborhoods/places to walk around in?

Also, is it really only possible to get tourist visas with a duration of stay of 30 days? I really want a 90-day visa, I see them mentioned occasionally, but whenever I go to a visa service site, the only options are single and double entry with 30 days duration of stay
>>
Try Hong Kong better paid than Mainland China
>>
>>1414813
>>1414764
>>1413154
>>1413112
I don't know if I'm having a fucking stroke or what but I have no idea whats happening in this thread
>>
>>1413141
>> Hong Kong/Macau/Guangzhou/Shenzhen/Zhuhai?
Well, I was taking of taking a tour arcross all five of those cities there, however it is quite expensive and plus there's also a lot of to do too as well.
>>
>>1413575
>So is it even possible to drive a car and then get like a ferry over to hainan from Guangzhou?
Yes, that's fairly easy to do. There are ferries that carry cars (and even trains) over from the mainland.
Hiring a car is probably the harder part, I have no idea if that's even possible on an international license.

>>1415049
Some of that is some kind of bot that comes in and spams threads. I'm not sure but I think it posts random pics from the archive or something.

>>1414945
>Also, is it really only possible to get tourist visas with a duration of stay of 30 days? I really want a 90-day visa, I see them mentioned occasionally, but whenever I go to a visa service site, the only options are single and double entry with 30 days duration of stay
They exist but they're hard to get. I used to get 1 year/90day visas but they cost a bit.
If you're in the USA, I believe the LA and SanFran consulates can do them more easily than other places.
>>
>>1415444
Damn, but thanks for letting me know. I'm from Denmark, so if any fellow Dane has some experience please let me know!
>>
>>1415504
In theory, if you go to the consulate with a 90 day itinerary, you should get a 90day visa. In practice, they don't like giving them out. It wouldn't hurt to try though, Chinese consulates generally won't take your money and documents unless they're satisfied that they don't have a reason to reject it. Since they're mostly just ticking boxes, it's easy to see if you have all the things you're supposed to have and if you do, they'll take your stuff and issue a visa.
>>
>>1414820
MSG YUM
>>
>>1415504
You can get multiple entry visas, go to Macao, HK or Taiwan it resets and you get another 30 days.
Why can't you get 3 month tourist visa?
>>
>>1415643
Yeah, plus it's pretty much one of the best tasting Chinese hotsauce spices ever, don't ya think?
>>
>>1415657
But wouldn't you also have to go through the Chinese Embassy in order to do that'?
>>
I'm traveling down to Hangzhou in just a month from today, anybody here got any advises for me before I go?
>>
>>1415639
Hmm I might try. But I'm going to Kenya, Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia and will return only a couple of months before applying for the Chinese visa, so I'm not sure if they will let me get a 3-month visa. Some people on the internet make it sound like a big deal having gone to countries like these.

However, most of the visa service agencies have these drop-down menus where you can choose the kind of tourist visa you want to apply for, and double entry 2 x 30 days is the maximum in all of them.

>>1415657
It's just super annoying to have to go all the way down to Hong Kong every time 30 days have gone by. Double-entry is the max amount that seems to be available in my country. Like I see 3-month duration of stay visas mentioned occasionally when trawling the internet for info, but there's never really any info that can help me determine if it's still a thing
>>
>>1415707
>Yeah, plus it's pretty much one of the best tasting Chinese hotsauce spices ever, don't ya think?
Well they say that laogan ma is the hottest mama in China.
Richest too.

That one is the 'meat' version, I sort of like it more but the vegetarian one (green stripe) goes with more dishes.

>>1415715
>But wouldn't you also have to go through the Chinese Embassy in order to do that'?
You mean Consulate, Embassies are for diplomatic stuff.
Yes, visas need to be gotten through consulates, or through agents who go through consulates for you. Travel agents are generally less hassle because they're often doing whole parcels of group bookings and it's easy for them to slip a passport into a stack and add your name to an itinerary before cancelling it later, if they even need to bother doing that much.

>>1415745
>I'm traveling down to Hangzhou in just a month from today, anybody here got any advises for me before I go?
Take a walk through old town in the afternoon and end it in the SE corner where there's a street of food stalls, get a beggar's chicken and pineapple rice for dinner, it's enough food for 2-3 people but you don't really need to finish it and it's not expensive anyway so you won't waste much money.

The lake is best in the morning when it's foggy and you can watch the fog burn off and the lake come into view. It's also nice to walk around at night too I guess.
>>
>>1415895
>only a couple of months before applying for the Chinese visa
Plenty of time, it only takes a few days and you can pay for rush service if you really need to. It can be a big deal if you're trying to do something non-standard like cross at a land border and backpack around without a fixed itinerary, it's still doable though but you need to fake the right stuff, which is easy but a PITA. ctrip for non-paid hotel bookings that you cancel later, some fake flights from airline booking screens one click before you pay, things like that. Then get a lonely planet and write down your 90 day itinerary (don't forget that you can spend several nights on trains between cities, not all at once but here and there). If you do all that, in theory, they should give you a 90 day visa. In theory. If they're not going to, they'll probably not take your money in the first place.

The visa agencies are faking everything for you already, so they mostly only have 30 day stuff sorted out so that's all they do.
You don't have to go all the way to HK, there is also Taiwan (from Xiamen) or Mongolia (from Hohhot, more or less), Vietnam (needs a visa so not really worth it, easy to get though), Laos (from Kunming but it's a two day round-trip to the border at least) and you can always fly to wherever. Mongolia isn't visa-free for everyone so you need to check but you can get visas in Hohhot and Er Lian, the Chinese border town.

I lived with 60 day stay for a year or so, not as bad as 30 but you can manage it.
>>
>>1415905
First of all, thanks a lot, your info is very helpful.

I should have been more clear about the African countries. I wasn't so much worried about the time frame, but rather worried about getting my visa denied because I've travelled to these countries. I've seen various forum posts where people make it sound like visiting Arab or North African countries can mean a rejected visa.

If I try for the 90-day visa, should I just make all the bookings before even starting the visa process, so that I will be able to provide it when making the first contact with the Visa Center? And then they'll take a look and tell me whether I can start the application or not, based on whether they think I will get the visa? Just trying to understand the process more clearly. I am actually planning to eventually leave China to Kyrgyzstan from Xinjiang, but it seems that it's no problem once you have the visa.

In my country you apply at those Visa Service Centres, not at the consulate or embassy, I'm not sure if that makes any difference, btw.

I never thought about Mongolia as an option, so thanks for that. It seems that I will need a visa, maybe I should consider spending 7-10 days there. Is it possible to do anything worthwhile for 7-10 days in Mongolia on a budget? I'm already going to be spending a lot as I'm going to Central Asia afterwards, but I could probably cover the things I want to see in the South for 30 days and then Mongolia is neatly located for going to Shaanxi, Gansu and Xinjiang.
>>
>>1412074
>>1412079
>>1412082
>>1412091
Someone redpill me on this conversation
>>
>>1415921
Well technically though different countries have different types of visas, it mostly just depends on which country visa that you're applying for to travel pretty much.
>>
>>1415921
>I've seen various forum posts where people make it sound like visiting Arab or North African countries can mean a rejected visa.
Shouldn't be a problem for a Chinese visa. Not unless you look like an obvious journalist or something.

>If I try for the 90-day visa, should I just make all the bookings before even starting the visa process
You need the bookings (or something that looks like bookings) to get the visa, so I think that one answers itself.
The Visa Service Centres do the same thing as the consulate, they're just to separate the hordes of tourists from people needing other shit.

Mongolia is pretty cheap but it does take a little time to get around. From the Chinese border to UB is an overnight train, then you'd spend a day or two in UB before finding some trips to the deserts or mountains or something.
>>
>>1416361
Thanks again. With regards to the bookings, it just seems a bit weird that they will expect you to book hotels for 3 months and flight tickets, when you're not even sure if they will give you a visa. I'd just hate to figure out all of those bookings and then go to the Visa Center and get rejected immediately for some stupid reason. I know I can cancel the bookings, but still.
>>
>>1416151
This board is just as full of mentally ill people as any other

There's are a few people that spout nothing but insane babble on here, its really doing my tits in. If you're insane just kill your family or harass the origami board
>>
How far of a distance would Hangzhou actually be from Tianjan? Got any clue abouth this kind of geography right now?
>>
>>1415904
>>>laogan ma is the hottest mama in China.
Richest too.
That's pretty much so right there.
>>
>>1416455
Depends how far of a distance is actually.
>>
This is going to be an autistic af question but here it goes:

I'm going to Beijing Institute of Technology in July for a summer programme. I'm wondering how ok it is if i want to go out partying one or two days and also, if everyone's been to one of these programs or went to BIT, how's life on campus and in the dorms? Is it anything like in the west?
>>
>>1416592
They would include just as much clubs a lot like here in the west.
>>
>>1416455
>How far is A from B
Tried looking at a map?
I think even google would probably answer that directly.

>>1416592
I've done a holiday program in another university in China, we went out a few times.
Most likely, your nights will be your own, maybe some of the day time too. I'd expect that some weekends might have tourist day-trips arranged but probably not all of them.

Should be easy to go out a few times.
You probably won't be in local student dorms, you're probably in foreign student dorms. More guards checking IDs but also larger and better facilities.

There might be a foreign students bar on the campus, if not then there'll be one near-by. There basically always is.

Just look around for other foreign students that are there for the long haul and ask them how the social life is, they should hook you up.
>>
File: WellThatWasEAsy.png (236 KB, 1119x851)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>1416737
>>1416455
>>
Chinese girls like to have sex with foreigners especially white people
>>
>>1416830
It's true actually, so yes.
>>
Man so I must say that the foods are actually the best in most parts of China, don't y'all guy's think so?
>>
>>1416830
I guess so, girls like this
>>
>>1416830
Not really.

It’s becoming a lot less common to see white guys/other foreigners with chink girls in the main cities now. Good looking white guys complaining about being alone now is becoming more common. It’s why the majority of whites you see in a relationship now are with ugly or fat girls, like C-Milk the YT blogger.
>>
>>1417019
Most of them are fairly nice though anyways. I have a few Chinese girl friends and we all get along pretty much well together though.
>>
>>1416957
She looks definitely not as hot as she is on there. ;o
>>
>>1417109
Test.
>>
>>1417019
>Good looking white guys complaining about being alone now is becoming more common.
*snap* - Yep that's going in my cringe compilation.
HAHAHAHAHA wow, is there any place you people don't lurk? Go back to /r/hapas and stay there.
White guys in China are treated like Gods by Chinese women of all ages and attraction level. I was just in Prague a few weeks ago and had my WeChat location on and it was full of Chinese girls greetings. It's even better when I'm in China.
>>
>>1416957
>>1417019
https://youtu.be/jz-RQZLg8Vg?t=6m45s

>mentions C-Milk by name
>angry basedboi mad he's unattractive
>probably has a wide nose
>>
>>1416956
Yes, food is heavenly
>>
>>1417121
Il be there in 3 weeks to report on this.
I've already arranged two fuck buddies. One is married but her husband doesnt want to fuck her. She keeps laughing at chinese dicks too, she said one guy was smaller than her finger.
>>
>>1417124
Both of those guys are so average of not ugly, definitely total 5/10s in the west, maybe the other is a 7 at best

But still 300 likes, why are chinese girls so into white guys?
>>
>>1417477
a "small" chinese city has 2 million people. a moderate chink city has 5-6 million people. think about it like this, they got on tinder in a city the population of a small country and only got as many likes as they did in an ENTIRE COUNTRY

they only got the foreigner hunters
>>
Yeah, China reminds me of like a huge cockroach swarm.
>>
>>1417477
>>1417500
Stick to /r9k/ and other incel places on reddit please. You both clearly have zero self-awareness on what its like to be human.
>>
>>
>>1417542
Plus there might also be some great advises for me to go check out on there' very much so now.
>>
>>1417602
Pretty much so yes.
>>
Trump 2i3e45r67uhjuykjumuk,ikjytyhnuyjuhj
>>
Any luck with Tantan fellas?

Any better alternatives?
>>
>>1417500
That's a pretty dumb way to look at it, it's not like the entire population is on the app.
>>
>>1417707
hellotalk will get you the more intelligent girls, just ask to meet up to "practice english”
>>
>>1417500
That's not quite though, actually.
>>
>>1411925
>China thread
>posts Tibet
Must be bait
>>
>>1417707
I've found that while you get a godless amount of attention depending on where you are in China girls may be conservative and boring, definitely hook up material unless they are rich
>>
>used tantan in tier 1 city, no results
>then tried supposedly poor shithole cities with hardly any foreigners like Changsha and Guiyang
>didn’t get a single match
>even paid for more super likes
>still nothing

Holy SHIT. Is China THIS fucking bad for white guys now or did the fucking chink developers destroy the app with algorithms?
>>
>>1418052
You're just ugly my man
>>
>>1418052
I'm getting quite a few matches in Beijing atm.

I think I have the handsome wimpy look they go for.

Can't speak a lick of Mandarin though so might be difficult to get anywhere. Flying out in a week.
>>
>>1418094
So which airlines are you going to be flying on now.
>>
>>1418101
Cathay Pacific
>>
>>1418081
I used to get lots of matches in the past only a year or so ago. I’m using the same pics as then.

Anyway let’s see your hundreds of matches with hot young chink sluts if you’re so successful.
>>
China train filled with garbage
>>
Delta passengers outraged when child poops on airplane seat
https://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2014/07/28/child-poops-on-airplane-seat/
>>
>>1418252
So that's with Delta Airlines on there now isn't it?
>>
>>1418344
probably so btw, the hrp sucks so much bad lately!
>>
>>1418168
so this is you now, huh?
>>
>>1418249
this is not usual at all
>>
>>1418094
How exactly do you survive if you dont speak any mandarin, how do you even get food?
>>
>>1418028
That's basically just how it is.
>>
so in terms of cities i have a few options for studying abroad in china for a year:
shanghai
beijing
dalian
hangzhou
nanjing
chengdu

which would you guys recommend? chengdu and nanjing seem the most interesting to me but idk, i've never been to china. i want to do something different relative to my chinese language studies peers and push myself as far out of my comfort zone as possible, so that seems to rule out shanghai and beijing. dalian and hangzhou seem incredibly boring from what i've read and seen. chengdu seems dope because it's so far inland and sichuan shares borders with other intriguing places like chongqing, tibet/qinghai, and yunnan, sichuan cuisine is fucking mad fire, is #pandatown, and also seems to have lots of cool "natural" appeal outside of the major city. i also like the seemingly grimy and intense chineseness of nanjing and its proximity to suzhou and shanghai, and also the fact that nanjingers speak a more standard variety of mandarin is a plus.

any tips/pointers from more seasoned chinaboos?
>>
>>1417019
idk about other chinese gurls but c-milk's wife is fucking mad beautiful
>>
>>1418371
either way it’s true chinks are filthy
>>
>>1418469
Plus they're also really annoying and loud as well.
>>
Staying in Changsha for two months.

ALSO:

SPA, Daily
GYM, 5 times a week
MANDARIN TEACHER, 5 times a week
Massage, once or twice a week
>>
>>1418463
The mandarin in Chengdu is close enough to standard, there's an accent but it's not too bad.
It is a very popular city with expats and it's quite compact and flat so bicycling around it is super easy.

That said, Nanjing is nicer. It's not as logically laid out but it's comfy, green and clean. It has some foreign run restaurants and pubs for when you want western food or to hang out with English speakers (Blue Sky Pub) and it has some very cool tourist sites (and an impressive but not cool one, Rape of Nanjing memorial).

Just don't pick up a Chinese girl and then a second from climax tell her that it's the rape of nanjing again.
>>
>>1418479
That's cool, so how long have you been teaching in Changsha for though?
>>
>>1418372
>Bring stuff to counter
>amount shows up in western numbers on machine.
>pay

>in resturant
>point at what you want on menu
>usually pictures or English translations
>most staff know a few stock phrases in English

Google translate is very useful too. You can even just haggle with the calculator.
>>
How safe is traveling to Xianjiang?
Especially when you aren’t 100%, but balkanese/Turk.
I remember reading how all the local non chinks were treated as second class citizen.
>>
>>1418504
Most food are contaminated by cancer-cousins food additives.
>>
Is there anything to be aware of when dating Chinese girls?

Specifically dating, I'm not that into hookups.
>>
>>1418517
Do not point out the garlic smell from her mouth.
>>
>>1418519
They sure love to eat garlic sauces, don't they now?
>>
>>1418026
Yeah but isn't Tibet even considered as one of China's mosr western provinces though?
>>
>>1418497
Okay, but what about getting the bus and train, or checking into a hotel especially
>>
>>1418517
They are quite serious, she will be thinking of marriage. Look for signs of her being crazy.
>>
>>1418517

According to SerpentZA and Laowhy dating a chinese woman is serious business - they apparently have marriage on their mind at a very early time in the relationship when westerners are usually in the "getting to know eachother" phase.

also if you breakup with any chinese woman be prepared for a fucked up affair since they apparently go crazy with the mindset that you were wasting their time and now they have even less time to get married and pop out children

its far better to date HK / taiwanese imo and thats all I have experience for anyways so I'm only speaking of the perspective of famous chinese vloggers and not my own experiences.
>>
File: shanghai-19_4837880.jpg (30 KB, 640x360)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I'm looking at moving to Shanghai in October for roughly 9 months to teach English.

Anyone have any experience with Shanghai? What do you think?
>>
>>1418792
This makes so much scense right now.
>>
>>1418841
Shanghai is an international city. So there is like an old Europe town just located over there.
>>
>>1418796
Staff are really helpful at subway stations and if lost or confused a good samaritan might help you out.

Also the ticket machine and card top ups have an English option iirc. I was given a travel card by a chinese friend and when I'm low I just go to the window hand the guy the card and money and they get what I'm after.

The beijing subway is really clean and efficient stations and announcements are in English. It's really easy with the line map.

The indifferent or rude Chinese stereotype seems to be a bit of a meme at least in Beijing. The young people especially seem well mannered.

I think being a clueless looking westerner really means they cut you some slack. If I looked Chinese the situation might be different.

You do get some rough migrant worker types but they are just a bit loud and spit a lot.

So far my worst chinese encounters have been the country bumpkin tour groups who swarm historic sites on the weekend and can be loud and pushy.
>>
>>1418897
Subway tickets aren't this expensive I don't think so.
>>
>>1418854
Does Shanghai have subway? Otherwise you can’t say it’s urban.
>>
>>1418796
Also ATMs have an English option.

I had some help checking into a hotel but I reckon I could've muddled through.
>>
any aggressive laowai hunting locals at the Sanlitun nightclubs?

I sort of want to get semi raped by a chinese girl.
>>
File: Well_Fug_DD.jpg (98 KB, 720x540)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>1418491
>Just don't pick up a Chinese girl and then a second from climax tell her that it's the rape of nanjing again.
>>
File: line7preview.png (77 KB, 1142x927)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>1418900
Well yes, like here is the full map for the subway transit on there.
>>
Seoul subway map
>>
>>1418920
Here is Seoul subway
>>
>>1418929
>>1418927
They've seemed to have a much larger subway map for the routes actually.
>>
>>1418052
This is a fake story. Chinese pussy begs for white dick.
>>
>>1418841
Not really China, but easy for Westerners to adjust.
>>
>>1418798
Wrong. They just say this to get clicks on their videos. Those are only partially true.
>>
>>1418909
Then, why is that now?
>>
>>1418945
>white dicks
Definitely for sure yes.
>>
>>1418854
>>1418947

yeah, that's the impression I'm getting. I'd be happy with that, go out and adjust for a year and then try somewhere new after... I just want to get out of the UK for a while
>>
I wonder if Shanghai kids are more fashionable than those in other rural cities. Are Shanghai girls cute? Can you enjoy cool urbanite life there?

As long as taking a look here, for example, it doesn’t seem much though... they just look usual, dowdy Chinese kids.

http://www.philcherner.com/piwigo/picture.php?/111
>>
>>1419149
Shanghai girls are the worst of all Chinese girls. They demand the man to do all the house work and are all the money. Easy to fuck and leave though.
>>
>>1419178
said, a yokel dumped by Shanghai girlfriend
>>
>>1419149
Well like, they're definitely not as fashionable as Taiwanese kid's though.
>>
>>1419199
Not so much on there actually though.
>>
any anons hit up Wuhan?
>>
Check-this video 呕吐
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NscYy8PCUHQ there!
>>
>>1419309
Yes, is it really?
>>
hey fellas got two (2) 问题s

1.) what is living in chongqing like
2.) what is the most hardcore city in china
>>
>>1413696
I'm going to Tibet this summer -

You need a separate Tibet entry permit to get into the area. I imagine you won't be let out of the Lhasa airport otherwise. I'm going with a group of friends and we organized through a tour agency, so once we got our visas they applied for the entry permit for us. However it seems like if you go to a neighboring city like Chengdu, certain hostels will help out with getting a Tibet entry permit while you're there. Not sure how long that process would take though.
>>
>>1419321
Chongqing may be the most hardcode city in China.
I haven't lived there, just stayed for a week or two.

It is a city that's easy to stay fit in, especially if you cycle (which is easily doable, you just have to like hills).
Awesome views everywhere.
>>
How far should I go over in China?
>>
>>1419378
How far should you not go in China there?
>>
File: 52325366246.png (332 KB, 330x512)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
www.amazon.com/dp/B074YHSRM1
>>
>>1418945
Can confirm. I've been with at least 75 girls this year alone.
>>
Currency exchange rates, very much so!
>>
>>1419570
>05/28/18
So then like what about the currencies exchange's rates on there?
>>
To the people who have been to PEK Terminal 3 in the past few weeks:

Is there like a China Unicom stand or shop over there now?

(I know there used to be shops, but they seemed to be closed a few months back. The latest info would be much appreciated, I'm going there in a few days, and will have very little time, looking to spare every minute I can.)
>>
>>1419483
So how much does the guide books even costs though?
>>
Can I drink any tap water in China?
>>
>>1419696

No way man.
>>
>>1419677
dunno bout pek, but even in major cities there is a recent legal reform regarding sims. many places you need to go to the regional flagship store to have your passport scanned to get a data plan.

you might think about looking for more reliable info than on 4chins. this could potentially ruin an entire day for you
>>
>>1419698
True, plus it's definitely not going to be healthy for you even if you boil it that's for sure though.
>>
File: Chinese_empathy.webm (1.96 MB, 226x360)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB WEBM
>>1411925
>China thread
>picture of Tibet
This is one of the many reasons that everyone hates mainland chinks.
>>
>>1419718
Holy fucking shit what is even happening here?? Is the guy beating people to death the one that was in the car or on the bike?
>>
>>1419727
Yes, it's pretty insane I'll tell y'all right there now!
>>
I've kind of got it right there.
>>
>>1419718
He was really after them or just amok-mode ?
>>
>>1419718
>tries to claim chinese aren't empathetic
>uses a video where despite a psycho hammering people to death, even fat old ladies go over to try and stop him
Well you played yourself there friend.
>>
>>1419698
You can’t? How pathetic...

Since you brought it up, a friend of mine stayed in a hotel in Shanghai and even though it was 5 stars hotel, tap water was disgusting yellow, he said.
>>
>>1419718
He'd very much had killed all three of them almost.
>>
>>1419698
It's mostly true though.
>>
>>1419684

$5
>>
Is it worth for giving a shao loung-bao a try?
>>
>>1419841
It should be worth it, right?
>>
>>1419843
Well for sure there yes.
>>
How much does milk even costs like over in China now? Like are they pretty expensive or cheap mostly so?
>>
>>1419863
Stop drinking milk is the best way.
>>
>>1419863
It's cheap don't worry about maybe two or three bucks for a liter
>>
>>1419684
Lonely Planet is always expensive af, being around 25 to 50 dollars a book, I'm sure you can find a different name book for more cheaper
>>
>>1419149
Shanghai people dress the same as the people in Guangzhou. There is a streetwear trend going on there. Nightlife is a blast. If you go on travel forums on Shanghai there are club promoters who are desperate enough to have foreigners in bars they'll give free entry and drinks just for you to show up. Get a Wechat if you'll do that, not for only clubs, but for girls
>>
>>1419863
22-25HKD($3.5) for 900ml of milk, you can get two small glass bottle I think 15HKD for 400ml, it tastes better.

I will be in China next week to give you a price, but I don't see it varying much in price, and if it is cheaper I would think the quality will be worse and/or poisonous.
>>
>>1419841
>shao loung-bao

If you mean Xia Long Bao, yeah, try it at Din Tai Fung
>>
>>1419869
Well, they say that milks are a great way for your bones to become or get more stronger very much though.
>>
>>1420010
I'm trying to find a hot chinese women around town. Is it even possible that they would find me attractive somehow?
>>
>>1420017
Check the following boxes in this order
>Are you white?
>Are you tall? (5'11"+)
>Do you dress well?
>>
>>1420018
>Yes I am White for sure
>I am about 6'.02" inch tall
>I normally dress into either a suit or with a golf T-shirt as well.
>>
>>1411925
>50 Cent videos!
>>
>>1412074
If you want a vision of the future, then imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
>>
Is it really hard to learn some of the words in Chinese or is it pretty simple actually?
>>
>>1420098
Plus it's just a saying, really that's all.
>>
>>1420106
Define
>some words

The basics like hi/thanks/beer/2/see ya are very simple.
Knowing just a few characters eg. exit/entrance and the names of places I was going to proved to be incredibly useful.
Eg. it just makes it easy to find the right minibus, and not having to always hail taxis.
>>
>>1420115
It's pretty simple I'd say.
>>
How does the police in China treats foreigners I wonder? Will they be treating me pretty differently compared to local citizens?
>>
>>1420127
>But why is that though?
>>
>>1420106
learning conversational skills and the many meanings/uses of words is challenging, but the process of memorizing a character is p fucking simple. i'd say to get at least some elementary & survival vocab down via youtube or chinesepod.

tbqh I think a lot of people really talk up the difficulty of learning chinese, don't be intimidated. practice writing and speaking survival vocab for like 20 minutes a day and you should be fine
>>
>>1420106

>You have no idea of the horrors of 撒娇 on there!
>>
>>1420146
They probably some classe too I'm guessing.
>>
>>1420154
Uhh... well alrighty then.
>>
>>1420146
you probably figured it out at some point but the people that have trouble reading the characters are fucking stupid as fuck

theyre the same types that confuse they're their and there in english

i.e. very, very, VERY dumb people
>>
>>1419748
He might have been after them but there's also a thing where if you injure someone, it's sort of worth killing them to pay a wrongful death suit instead of their medical costs forever.
Of course, if you're caught on camera then you're just going to be executed.

And there are just a few crazies around.

>>1419863
>milk
It's cheap-ish. Nearly always UHT but it tastes better than western UHT. Mengnui and Shuhua are good brands.

>>1419956
>Xia Long Bao
Xia means prawn. You want Xiao which is small. Close though.

>>1420127
>How does the police in China treats foreigners I wonder? Will they be treating me pretty differently compared to local citizens?
If you're not a dick then you'll usually get the benefit of the doubt in minor things. Then again, if there aren't bodies then police are encouraged to resolve situations at the lowest level possible so apologies and token compensation are encouraged by police so you could literally, say, get into a fight and smash someone's phone and be out of the station a few bucks poorer in the same day. It goes double for tourist visas since what cop wants the hassle of extradition/deportation paperwork for two arseholes getting into a fight?
>>
>>1420034
Are you in China trying to pick up Chinese girls or your home country? Easy in both places, just your strat must fit the situation.
>>
>>1420018
You only need to be 1.75 which means 1.70 in real talk
>>
>>1420259
I could easily find my own ways around there for now.
>>
How popular is the zoo over there like I wonder?
>>
>>1420468
No need to bait Tenda.
>>
>>1420471
Right, I don't.
>>
>>1420482
>Well then, don't bait Tenda!
>>
>>1420502
They have a lot of girls over there too actually.
>>
>>1416151
"vehicle" is slang for prostitute in shanghai
>>
So guy's, how does everyone think of Xi Jinping as being the current president of the People's republic of China? Like how is tourism now like over there today?
>>
>>1420549
The politics doesn't really effect tourism, at least in my experience.
Just like any other country, don't be a fuckwit and discuss politics with the locals.
>>
>>1420127
>>1420259
>It goes double for tourist visas since what cop wants the hassle of extradition/deportation paperwork for two arseholes getting into a fight?
And plus, they'll likely knock on your doors most of the time to see your passport and citizenships ID's too, so not really.
>>
>>1420616
>yes.
>>
I'm planning to head to Lijiang just for 12 days on next weekend, is there any advises for me before I go?
>>
>>1420664
>>>I'm planning to head to Lijiang just for 12 days on next weekend, is there any advises for me before I go "there"?
>>
>>1420566
>The politics doesn't really effect tourism, at least in my experience.
>Just like any other country, don't be a fuckwit and discuss politics with the locals "Alrighty then now"?
>>
File: mmexport1527002969019.jpg (248 KB, 1080x1440)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>1420616
>>> And plus, they'll likely knock on your doors most of the time to see your passport and citizenships ID's too, so not really.
>>
File: Evil_Cuddles.png (175 KB, 600x918)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>1420616
>Love is patient and kind... it's never angry nor boasts
It always trusts, perseveres, always handling hope
Hate, jealousy and pride, it will never provoke...
>I want to learn what it means, God... show me the ropes
Hidden within a lie; been living it every day since
>she traded her identity for... see more
credits!
>>
>>1420566
>discuss politics with the locals.
I have done a fair bit, actually Chinese, at least the educated student class, are quite eager to discuss politics. You can say you prefer democracy and not one party states,
they won't get offended unless you actively start shitting on China.
>>
>>1420664
There is a restaurant in Lijing which food was just godly. 3 aunties cooking true homemade Lijiang food. I casually went 1 night and returned 5 times more.

Sadly, I dont remember the name but it was on top of the hill, kinda, called Naxi farmhouse something.

The place got packed at night and you might struggle without Chinese skillz.
>>
>>1420895
Wait so what? I don't get ya there actually.
>>
I wonder if there's like any ggood convenient stores in around Shanghai? Is there by any chances that I could easily find one down there?
>>
please help >>>1420974
>>
>>1420997
Well I guess not then, oh well. ;(
>>
File: Confused.jpg (26 KB, 239x268)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
68 posters, 244 posts
>mfw can't tell if poster is a chatbot or genuinely retarded
>>
>>1421073
It's pretty odd though, to tell y'all the truth right there now.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1527113564994.jpg (53 KB, 959x960)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>1421228
>>
>>1420895
Hey look, isn't this evil Cuddles from Happy Tree Friends now?
>>
How big is the Shanghai Pudong International Airport? Do any of you guy's even know the answer to this question right here?
>>
>>1421309
It's the size of Frankfurt's airport, because it's an exact copy.
>>
File: aeb515b9 (2).jpg (81 KB, 640x427)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>1421313
This is true, plus it's certainly also one of the most largest airports over in Asia of course.
>>
>>1421073
you suck suck 10 dollars now
>>
>>1411925
This is odd though, so everything everything else on google is blocked except for just this site (4Chan) isn't blocked off somehow?
>>
>>1421073

>很多在那里!
>>
File: 20180617_203545.jpg (767 KB, 2172x3862)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>1421313
In what world do these two even look REMOTELY similar to you?
>>
>>1421440
Shanghai's airport is a lot more larger than Frankfurt's airport actually.
>>
>>1421505
Not sure about this, it depends on the travel dates itself though.
>>
>>1421073
Which poster is it supposed to be anyways, hmm?
>>
>>1421425
There's the link for it here:
content://media/external/file/96536

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.